Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gays in the Olympics

Thread to post about the gay athletes that will compete in the Olympics. Please stick to male athletes only. No lesbians or trans.

by Anonymousreply 58Yesterday at 5:24 AM

No trans? Certainly. No lesbians? Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Thursday at 5:14 AM

Start your own "Lesbians in the Olympics" thread, r1.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Thursday at 5:16 AM

Bruce Jenner’s gay. He’s an ex-gay.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 5:19 AM

This Canadian swimmer is qualified for the Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 5:30 AM

[quote] No lesbians or trans.

That’s LITERAL VIOLENCE!!

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 5:41 AM

R3, I think this thread refers to the *upcoming* Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 5:42 AM

R1 There's a reason for that.

Lesbians in olympics are not a rarity unlike gay male athletes (well, openly gay male athletes).

And trans, in most sports trans are not allowed to compete (and in sports where there's money i don't think that'll change anytime soon)

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 5:43 AM

This gay is trying to go to Tokyo but don't know whether he has qualified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 6:02 AM

Don't forget about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 6:05 AM

Closeted American diving twunks David Boudia and Steele Johnson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 7:12 AM

The majority of male gymnasts, divers, and volleyball players.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 7:15 AM

Bottoms galore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 7:17 AM

I wonder why gays seem to gravitate towards those sports?

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 7:17 AM

Olympic fisting

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 7:29 AM

I wonder if the male gymnasts prefer to fuck the male divers after their events? Or would it be the other way around?

Perhaps it's the wrestlers who like fucking both the flexible gymnasts and divers?

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 7:29 AM

R13, a friend used to play for the UCLA men's volleyball team. He never hooked up so much in his life before or since -- sounded quite incestuous.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 7:34 AM

R13 Volleyball is an anomaly, but gays tend to prefer sports where you're judged on what you look like (gymnastics) or wear very little clothing (swimming, diving).

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 7:37 AM

Gays tend to move to non team sports like tennis and ice skating

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 7:38 AM

Pole vaulting

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 7:46 AM

R7 Exactly. There are a ton of lesbians in the Olympics. Besides, this is a website for mainly gay men, hence most of us will naturally be more interested in the gay male athletes.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 7:50 AM

Would love to see what Grindr looks like in Tokyo during the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 7:59 AM

Do they still hand out condoms and lube at Olympic village?

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 8:56 AM

R22 I doubt it this year because of covid.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Thursday at 9:24 AM

The gymnastics and diving is quite easy to understand why attract so many gays, both are individual sports with an artistic part (like ice skating).

Of course tennis must be one of the sports with more gay fans and there's no serious rumours about gay players (maybe because the enviroment is conservative and a lot of players are from homophobic countries).

On team sports is very surprising that rugby seems to be one of the sports with more openly gay players

by Anonymousreply 24Last Thursday at 9:38 AM

R21 In Río there was an article about that that put in danger several athletes, so i hope there won't be any investigative journalism this time

by Anonymousreply 25Last Thursday at 9:43 AM

R24 You forgot swimming. It's a gay sport for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Thursday at 10:05 AM

R26 But there are very few openly gay swimmers

by Anonymousreply 27Last Thursday at 10:09 AM

There's one from Finland and one from Canada. Pretty sure I've read about others too.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Thursday at 10:13 AM

I read that they’re handing out 160,000 condoms, but the official line is they're intended to be Olympics "souvenirs". Also, they’re not giving out face masks — athletes have to bring their own.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 10:54 AM

Thanks for posting that, r25.

I vaguely remember something in the news or somewhere about Grindr at the last Olympics, but I couldn’t remember what it was all about.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 11:12 AM

I don't really know that many gay tennis players. I've known more gay boxers and football players than tennis players

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 11:16 AM

R31 Tennis is weird. It has lots of gay fans but little to no gay pro athletes (that we know of). Many journalists have written about the possible reasons.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 11:25 AM

That's because it's a sport with a lot of money around.

There are several factors, first it's an expensive sport so most players come from rich families.

There are a lot of players from countries that are not known for being gay friendly.

Sports enviroments tend to be conservative.

And it's uncharted territory.

In a sport you need to be focused because you depend on yourself, probably the first coming out will receive too much attention for the player's sake

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 12:38 PM

R28 Swimmer Ari-Pekka Liukkonen, openly gay, here winning 50 m freestyle European Championship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 12:56 PM

R34 yes that's impressive but what about Ari-Pekka's pecker?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 3:13 PM

42 days until the Tokyo Olympics.

I think the Games should go forward. We kind of need something positive like this right now after the last 15 months. I'm sure the organizers will keep it safe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 3:52 PM

r30 it was because some of the athletes were from countries where they kill gay people...or at least put them in jail.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 4:19 PM

No track and field athletes are gay! They're all straight dudebros like me!

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 4:24 PM

r38 doesn't your asshole whistle when you run?

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 4:38 PM

R38 Kerron Clemments came out a couple of years ago. I don't know if he still competes because he was at the end of his career

by Anonymousreply 40Last Friday at 12:48 AM

Finally something I can contribute to! Ps: sorry for the condom! - this was pre-Prep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41Last Friday at 12:55 AM

Tennis has tons of lezzies

by Anonymousreply 42Last Friday at 5:16 AM

R41, who could that be? Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 43Last Friday at 5:16 AM

R24 How many of those gymnast are gay gay gay? All of the ones spotlighted all got girlfriends/wives. Been waiting for the US gay gymnast Olympic competitor but not as come out about any guys that will or have competed.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Friday at 5:20 AM

I’d like to know too, r43.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Friday at 5:26 AM

R34, Ari-Pekka Liukkonen is 6'10" !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46Last Friday at 6:32 AM

R44 wasn't Guillaume Cizeron dating an American gymnast?

by Anonymousreply 47Last Friday at 6:56 AM

R45, I'm guessing a previous gymnast. The guy in the video seems short. His body is no longer gymnast tight. He might have won gold in a team event.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Friday at 9:00 AM

Any track and field gossip?

by Anonymousreply 49Last Friday at 10:43 AM

Yes.

Jump BEFORE you get to the hurdle, if only slightly.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Friday at 12:35 PM

For some reason, the men’s 110 Hurdles always seems to attract a lot of gays. Lots of rumors about the current top hurdler, Omar Macleod. He’s a big Mary but since he’s Jamaican, he’d probably get killed. He’s also very religious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51Last Friday at 1:55 PM

R51 And he is the runner that nobody wants by his side because he has the ability of molest the athletes who run by his side.

I think there are a good number of gays on track and field, but unlike other sports they rely on sponsorship unless you are a top athlete which makes more difficult to come out

by Anonymousreply 52Yesterday at 3:40 AM

[quote]R21: Would love to see what Grindr looks like in Tokyo during the Olympics.

For starters, it will be called “Glindl.”

by Anonymousreply 53Yesterday at 3:46 AM

[quote] he has the ability of molest the athletes who run by his side.

Say what?!

by Anonymousreply 54Yesterday at 4:23 AM

R51, which other gay men have competed in the 110 hurdles? The only one who comes to mind is Colin Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 55Yesterday at 4:33 AM

R54 Not in a sexual way, of course.

I remember Orlando Ortega complaining about how Omar moves his arms and invade other athletes space.

Nobody wants to run near him

by Anonymousreply 56Yesterday at 5:18 AM

R55 I remember a british one (not Colin) but he was not one of the best

by Anonymousreply 57Yesterday at 5:19 AM

Oh, r56. That clears it up.

Thanks, because I was very confused.

by Anonymousreply 58Yesterday at 5:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!