Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Official Euro 2021 Thread

Looking forward to it? Will you watch the first major football tournament in a long time? It starts tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 2610 hours ago

[quote] “England are the Southhampton of International football.”

So no. It’s always embarrassing to be English in this tournament, and given how good our homegrown players are domestically and how much we invest into the game as a nation, it really shouldn’t be.

We crash out every fucking time anyway, yet Southgate is somehow actually managing to worsen those already awful odds. A team comprised of almost all midfielders? Four right-backs?? Dropping half your squad last-minute??? Saka???? What the fuck is Gareth on?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1Last Friday at 4:38 AM

Italy are going to lope through to the final stages again, aren’t they? They keep doing that, with ageing halfarsed squads and all.

How Turkey have qualified for five out of the last seven Euros is beyond me. For a team who shouldn’t even be in the tournament, they do well enough for themselves. They were demolished tonight, but it could have been a worse showing.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Friday at 1:10 PM

Sorry—WTF is going on with Brazil NT vs. Copa America? Casemiro made this controversial speech at the qualifiers, and I still can’t make sense of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3Yesterday at 12:22 AM

Haven’t got high hopes, but can live with it as long as England perform better than in Euro ‘50, ‘58, and 2014.

by Anonymousreply 4Yesterday at 3:34 AM

This is DL. Get to the important stuff. Which of these guys is gay?

by Anonymousreply 5Yesterday at 3:36 AM

R5 afaik none are openly gay. In terms of statistical averages, there’s likely be to one gay player on every squad. So it’s a guessing game.

Everyone’s favourite rentboy Mason Mount has a lovely cock, though I doubt he’s gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6Yesterday at 4:09 AM

Fuck. Eriksen just collapsed on the pitch, and he’s getting CPR that doesn’t seem to be working....

Why are they still broadcasting this?

by Anonymousreply 7Yesterday at 8:53 AM

The game has suspended. No info yet. It happened so suddenly. Doesn’t look good at the moment. Both teams off the field. I am sure the game cannot continue. Heatrbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 8Yesterday at 9:18 AM

Just got the word that he’s stable, thank fuck for that. His poor wife, kids and teammates must be absolutely rattled

Wonder how this will affect the group stages going forward, and Denmark’s progression? Wouldn’t be surprised if the Danish NT pulled out altogether.

by Anonymousreply 9Yesterday at 10:04 AM

The Finnish & Danish supporters got a supportive chant of Eriksen’s name going between them, after he was carried off. Really touching.

by Anonymousreply 10Yesterday at 10:09 AM

^^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Erik Lamela looks like a gang member, Kai Havertz looks like an alien, Phil Foden looks like a kindergartener. Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 1215 hours ago

Natürlich. Germany needs to win this one too before Jogi retires. AMAF, he's the closest thing we get to an openly gay guy in top footbal for now.

by Anonymousreply 1315 hours ago

R13 You think he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 1413 hours ago

With the starry-eyed drooling way Frank Lampard is talking about Mason Mount on BBC Sport, I’m starting to think he’s gay.

Lmao @ Lineker stocking the boot in poor Little Lord Frankie about his managerial woes. Nothing to do with the game or with England, but funny as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1512 hours ago

And now my son Mase is getting molested on-pitch by half the Croatian NT😨

That free kick just now was almost in, as well😭

by Anonymousreply 1612 hours ago

Honestly I’m sick of Sterling getting starts over Grealish and Rashy.

Raheem never plays his position, and he doesn’t make runs either. He’s lazy, or he’s way too assured of his squad position.

by Anonymousreply 1712 hours ago

[quote] Honestly I’m sick of Sterling getting starts over Grealish and Rashy.

Southgate seems to be the only person in the country who doesn’t rate Grealish.

by Anonymousreply 1812 hours ago

R18 yeah, isn’t it weird? You can’t help wondering if it’s personal on Gareth’s part. Popularity doesn’t necessarily make a good enough national player, mind, but there’s actually a football-related reason we all like Jack so much....

So far I can tell, at this stage Grealish, Philips & Foden are the only English players holding the line and pressing enough to put some fear into the opposition. I don’t understand why the others are all holding back and changing their attitudes so much. I hope there’s a masterplan to it, but somehow I doubt it.

Bellingham just got near-concussed, minutes in to his very first start. He’s not even 18 yet, poor lad. Hopefully he’s not another Jamie Redknapp in the making.

And not to keep banging on about England players letting me down, but on a superficial note: John Stones is so handsome, and his beauty is being wasted on Scum—sorry *Man* City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1912 hours ago

Tyrone Mings is a living breathing testimonial to the worth of older players who come from lower leagues, who come from jobs in ‘the real world’, and who haven’t had the entitlement of winning cups as teens.

Before this game no-one (including myself) thought he’d do us any good, that he was just in as a benchwarmer and a poor last-minute ditch replacement. Defending such a top-loaded vulnerable team to a clean-sheet is no easy feat. Prepared to eat my words on this one.

by Anonymousreply 2011 hours ago

R14, duh. He's gayer than a closet of peacock fans in Hugh Jackman's beach house.

by Anonymousreply 2111 hours ago

R13 considering how accepting and open and vocally-supportive of gay culture Germany generally are as a people (not counting the small neofasc!st contingent, obviously), I’m curious as to why they don’t lead the way in terms of coming-outs in football? Even post-COVID and in an era of Rainbow Laces/Kick It Out campaigns, the Bundesliga are still really cagey and defensive about any intimation of gayness in their teams. Just last year, Lahm advised players against coming out (perhaps as a preemptive warning to any players he knew were considering it?) Britain & Scandinavia so more and better to encourage gay players than Germany, though still not enough. Why is that?

R21 hah! I do really like ‘closet of peacock fans’, though traditionally the phrase tends to go ‘*rainbow lorikeets* on Hugh Jackman’s *veranda*’. New decade, new normal, new meme variation—works for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2210 hours ago

[quote]You can’t help wondering if it’s personal on Gareth’s part.

My theory is he wanted to worship Jack's calves and got turned down.

R20, *I* thought Mings would do well!

by Anonymousreply 2310 hours ago

R23! Grealish’s lower half and backside is like a gift from the ancient gods. Very sexy young man, and we can’t blame Southgate for looking respectfully...👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2410 hours ago

R22, beats me as to why Germany doesn't lead the way in coming-outs. I'm also under the impression that their society is pretty laid back and accepting about LGBT but football is a pretty international sport, they play all over the world and most teams are international players-wise, so maybe that's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2510 hours ago

Would pay premium to watch Jack & Mason getting intimate, though I doubt Mounty would want to upset his main lover Rice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2610 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!