Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas Bear FATSHAMED by Indochino

MARY!!!

Jake, my partner, and I are getting married in September. He’s pretty casual. I’ve never seen him in a suit. So the prospect of that alone was half of the reason to have a wedding. I, however, like a good suit. Being an overweight man, it’s one of the few options I have to look nice. Plus, I needed a new one. So instead of looking like loose bags of potatoes in rentals, we opted to research and buy, knowing how much places like Indochino cost. Why not just pay twice the rental fee and get a relatively nice-looking suit?

As a fat person, I’ve learned to plan. I cannot stand pitying looks or being given any reason to look more out of place in a world that isn’t made for me. It’s something I’ve learned to do from being embarrassed a few too many times. The booth at the diner is too small or you accidentally catch a belt loop on the door frame for the millionth fucking time. I wake up in the world as someone who has to prove they aren’t a clown. It is exhausting.

So I researched and planned. I read fashion blogs by overweight men who endorsed Indochino. I read and reread Indochino’s site and several times entered in my measurements and got very excited. I was going to get to share the same unfettered experience with my partner. I wouldn’t have to make any concessions or pretend like I was having just as much fun watching, I was going to get to participate! I’m getting married and I was getting to do a standard thing the standard person way. I was excited!

We drove three hours to the nearest Indochino store in Dallas. It was our first time making an online suit purchase so we wanted to make sure everything was properly done. Jake and I wait our turn. He was scheduled first. When our very kind associate, obviously trying to think of a way to say something uncomfortable said, “…so long as you fit within our measurements.” She tried her hardest to look at both of us but everyone knew what was about to happen. I was crestfallen.

She kindly measured Jake first. I want to emphasize how kind this person was. She obviously wanted to make me feel as human as possible. I can’t say how much I appreciate that. Then she measured me.

Shoulders, broad, good. Neck, good. Arms, good. Wast. “Sir, I’m so sorry but you’re just a few inches out of our standard measurements. My system won’t allow me to fit you.”

Knowing it was coming didn’t really prepare me. Neither did the very kind theater for what everyone knew was about to happen. “She was incredibly apologetic.” I’ve learned to appreciate kindness in these situations. But I’ve also learned not to speak out for myself out of politeness. I’m trying to break that habit.

Sorrowful, holding back tears, I said, “It doesn’t say anywhere on your site that I wouldn’t fit. You have to understand how embarrassing and hurtful this is.” I made sure to indicate that my complaint wasn’t with her, but her employer’s system. She, without prompting agreed that it was awful, I could see the human concern in her eyes and indicated that she would work hard to make sure someone who could do something knew what happened. She also gave me the name and number of a good tailor. She asked if she could have him reach out. I consented.

All I could think is of every incident I’ve been embarrassed, outside of my control. Every time I’ve been made to feel like an obstacle or a thing in someone’s way. Every time I’ve been pushed aside for the ten people waiting in line who were ‘normal’. Every fad diet my mother thought would be ‘helpful’. It was too much to take. I couldn’t even look my partner in the eyes. If I had I would have ended up bawling right there and then.

We finished, paid, and left. I think we spent just over $500. Not bad.

Jake asked If I wanted lunch. I asked him to drive somewhere private. Navigating Dallas traffic, he found a parking structure. I asked him to leave. I know it’s probably not healthy but I needed to do this alone.

I didn’t just cry, I wailed. For twenty minutes, in a dark parking structure, I mourned my dignity. I can’t describe it as anything other than loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 13, 2021 2:24 AM

Good grief fucking learn brevity

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2021 11:31 PM

R1 and that was just the excerpts that fit in DL's formatting

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 11:33 PM

[quote] I didn’t just cry, I wailed

I hope I never have to see this person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 11:33 PM

Time to shop for a wedding caftan, fatty!

How about a nice formal muumuu?

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] Knowing it was coming didn’t really prepare me. Neither did the very kind theater for what everyone knew was about to happen. “She was incredibly apologetic.”

Oh the monster! How dare she!

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote] How about a nice formal muumuu?

so long as you fit within our measurements.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 11:36 PM

This is DL catnip.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 11:36 PM

I put on more weight than I thought during lockdown and after I had my first physical in over a year and the scale hit me in the face like a mack truck, I started eating right and rejoined my gym.

Guess what? I've already lost 15 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 11:38 PM

So he was treated kindly by the people (who even offered to have a tailor reach out), but fatshamed by a computer, and he wailed for twenty minutes? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 11:39 PM

Most women starve themselves before their weddings to fit into the perfect dress and to look good for pictures and videos. It’s not rocket science. Sounds like just another entitled fat person who thinks the world owes them something. Fatness is one of the very few handicaps that people can cure themselves of. No sympathy from me.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 11:40 PM

People are such pussies now

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 11:41 PM

Maybe he might actually try losing weight instead of moaning about not being able to lose weight? It's not as if millions of other people haven't successfully lost weight.

I love the fact that DL is anonymous so you can say things that you can't say in public. I suspect there may well be some people whose metabolism or physiology does make it impossible to lose weight. But I also would guess that more than 90 percent of people who are overweight simply don't work at losing their extra pounds. Like this guy, they'd rather elicit sympathy and break into tears than out in the truly hard but attainable effort.

Again, thank God this is an anonymous board. Otherwise someone fat would sit on me.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2021 11:42 PM

R11 thinks people in the good old days were better, when they were too scared to share a water fountain with a black person

R12 admits he's too much of a coward to risk being criticized for the things he says

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2021 11:43 PM

This blog post from 2014 says that in store goes up to a 56 but you can get any size online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2021 11:44 PM

I was pretty sure this was the Shit Brickhouse Troll, and the Indochino associate was going to measure his cocklet or something...

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2021 11:45 PM

“ I, however, like a good suit. Being an overweight man, it’s one of the few options I have to look nice.”

Since when 😂😂😂

350 pounds is still 350 pounds

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2021 11:46 PM

R12 People definitely have different metabolisms. I have a good friend who basically lives off 7-11 garbage and he's skinny as a rail (for now).

But I find it hard to believe you could be 350 lbs JUST because of a slow metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2021 11:47 PM

Weight loss is simple. It’s math. Eat at a deficit. If your BMR is 2000 calories, eat 1400 a day and you’ll lose weight. VERY few fat people have an actual legitimate medical condition for not being able to lose weight. It’s extremely rare. They’re just lazy entitled slobs who don’t want to put the cookies down.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2021 11:51 PM

Is there any doubt that R13 is very, very overweight?

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote] Knowing it was coming didn’t really prepare me. Neither did the very kind theater for what everyone knew was about to happen. “She was incredibly apologetic.”

Why is the last part in quotes? Who is saying this?

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2021 11:52 PM

I thought this was going to be a sorry about how awful the Indonesian employees were for fat shaming him and how the company is now cancelled. But the employee was perfectly nice and it wasn’t the company’s fault at all! Why is this a story?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2021 11:54 PM

Who's the author?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2021 11:54 PM

On the plus side: if there's a Michfest equivalent for penised persyns, he will be eligible there for garbage detail.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2021 11:55 PM

Are they white?

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2021 11:56 PM

There are places that specifically carry clothing for bigger people. Why not go there?

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2021 11:57 PM

R25 he said he researched and heard from other Big Boys that Indochino was a good spot. And that he was just a few inches too big for their system.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2021 11:59 PM

This makes me appreciate Angela's similar tale of being told there were the candles she wanted at the Appleton, WI Bath and Body Works when there weren't.

At least she didn't wail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2021 12:00 AM

Instead of use this as motivation to change his lifestyle, he decides to throw a pity party for himself and fish for sympathetic comments from internet strangers telling him he’s “beautiful” the way he is.

Fat acceptance movement = death cult

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2021 12:03 AM

I sense that he types here.

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote] I sense that he types here.

If he does, he certainly types fat.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2021 12:06 AM

> I didn’t just cry, I wailed. For twenty minutes, in a dark parking structure, I mourned my dignity. I can’t describe it as anything other than loss.

This is a fucking grown man? Wow. I hope his fiancé knows he is buying into a life of melodramatic self-pity. And nightly KFC buckets.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2021 12:07 AM

Who cares what happens to fatties in Indochina? Is that even a country?

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2021 12:08 AM

I know it's fun for DL cunts to tease the fatties, but I read this and thought it was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote] Is that even a country?

Oui.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote] There are places that specifically carry clothing for bigger people. Why not go there?

Other men his size had gotten clothes there, and the site seemed to indicate that they would have his range. (As it was, he was apparently just an inch or so beyond it.)

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2021 12:11 AM

R33 it is sad but also absurdly over the top. 20 minutes of sobbing? Comparing it to the death of a dear friend?

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2021 12:12 AM

R27, that fucking Angela. Using a thin person in the reenactment of her shopping drama. You know that is how she thinks of herself, until she sees herself in a mirror, and breaks down in great blubbery tears - much like the person in OP's story.

Angela is fat shaming herself.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2021 12:13 AM

Aren't there stores for people that size, "Big and Tall Shop" or something like that.

Also I am surprised that Indochino doesn't have a way to make a suit at that size, even if there's an upcharge for it to cover whatever extra costs they'd have to incur.

Though I'm still stuck on the "Why not just pay twice the rental fee and get a relatively nice-looking suit? "

I know people rent black tie and dinner jackets, I did not realize they also rented suits.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote] I was pretty sure this was the Shit Brickhouse Troll, and the Indochino associate was going to measure his cocklet or something...

"We don't have your size in a suit, but we do in a pretty gingham dress... that is, if you'll perform a degrading dance for it!"

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] Also I am surprised that Indochino doesn't have a way to make a suit at that size,

They do. See r14.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2021 12:16 AM

Is it real gingham, R29, or is it a gingham print? I won't degrade myself for a print, or a faux gingham plain weave.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2021 12:17 AM

God I can't imagine being a 56.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2021 12:18 AM

He's running for office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2021 12:19 AM

FAT BOYS ARE BACK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2021 12:19 AM

R43 his opponent is a Republicunt (I assume) but after reading that MARY! sobfest, I wouldn't be EXCITED to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] He's running for office

[quote] What Sam Has to say.

Apparently I'm fat and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2021 12:22 AM

He could lose a few pounds. Also needs some therapy to figure out why he's not able to maintain the consistency you need to diet.

He could have ADHD, depression, anxiety etc. which is the real reason behind his fat and emotionality.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2021 12:24 AM

I would not rely on a seven year old blog post for any information R40

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2021 12:27 AM

The problem is that extra weight can come with so many mental issues. Like constantly seeing yourself as a complete failure for having the nerve to get fat and making society suffer for having to allow your continued existence. And just like anything else its ultimately something a body has got to deal with in their own but between the loneliness and shame it's a long tough battle.

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2021 12:28 AM

R49, R8 here. I agree. After I had my physical and realized just how much I put on during lockdown, I was depressed for almost a week. Then I decided to take control.

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2021 12:31 AM

Amused at all the bitchy comments on here.

We all saw your ass at the Golden Corral, gurl. Moo!

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2021 12:33 AM

I wonder if his fiance has life insurance on him ? At that size,he's a massive heart attack waiting to happen. Obviously the fiance is a chubby chaser. I wonder who the top is? I also wonder how Fatty McFatterson wipes that gigantic ass. Does husbear do it for him ? So many questions,so few answers!

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2021 12:34 AM

IIRC, Paul Fussell's "Class" has a whole bit about how buying a suit is a real issue for The Poors, because they wind up with suits that make them resemble the "sack of potatoes" that our hero was worried about.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2021 12:34 AM

You all do understand it wasn’t the fact that the store couldn’t accommodate him? It was due to the store not being able to accommodate him as well as all of the other things he’s missed out on his life. It was a re-trigger of all the hurt and shame he’s experienced.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2021 12:37 AM

R54 at my heaviest, I was 260. I felt horrible doing the slightest physical activity. Stairs winded me. I don't know how anyone lets them get 350+

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2021 12:40 AM

If the suits are made to measure, and not off the rack, then why couldn't they to make a suit at that size, or any size? If it takes extra material, so charge extra then.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2021 12:40 AM

I don't quite get all the tears and garment-rending over this. As someone carrying more than a few extra pounds around myself, I'm well aware that consistent regular exercise is the key to not being a lard-ass anymore. It's not due to some unique quirk of metabolism or special past trauma, it's because losing weight isn't important enough to me to get up at 6 a.m. and hit the gym for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2021 12:40 AM

I eat fat people's shit.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] You all do understand it wasn’t the fact that the store couldn’t accommodate him? It was due to the store not being able to accommodate him as well as all of the other things he’s missed out on his life. It was a re-trigger of all the hurt and shame he’s experienced.

It was also that he did research and did everything he should have to find a place that should have been able to accomodate him. They dropped the ball, or for whatever reason couldn't fulfill what their website suggests it could.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 12:43 AM

Dunno R54

I've missed out on a whole lot of things in life being gay, but I've never felt the need to cry about them.

But different people process setbacks in different ways.

I've also never felt the need to run for office.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2021 12:45 AM

I understand it being upsetting but why does he care so much? He can spend $1500 on a suit so obviously he’s doing okay financially and he has somebody who wants to marry him and obviously doesn’t mind he’s fat. Why is he so hysterical?

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2021 12:55 AM

Several things: I agree that 'fat acceptance' Is a death cult. Being fat isn't like having a tiny dick or blonde hair or whatever. It's a condition. I sympathise with how awful the guy felt when he was rejected, but it's all tainted by my knowing now that he's an activist. An agenda is his defence against really finding a solution that works for him. What thin people don't understand, however, is how it feels for a fat person to lose weight, by any means. I am not talking about losing 10 pounds here. You feel cravings much worse than nicotine withdrawal - those who ever quit smoking can relate. I have been fat, I have been very slim, during covid I packed on too many pounds again which I am now fighting to get off. However, quitting smoking was a walk in the park compared to this. In fact, there are many similarities to other addictions. What did they do to celebrate the botched tailoring appointment? Go eating out. When you're fat, you self-medicate with food, which instantly makes you feel not only good but amazing. You are treating a depression and also lethargy that you would probably not have if you weren't fat - and so it continues. I actually think that treating obesity like we treat addictions is the way to go. However, the 'body positivity' activists won't have it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2021 12:55 AM

In the article it indicates that, after Sam left to collapse hysterically in a parking structure, the lovely person who had served him put in a great deal of effort to find him a tailor who might help. This Indochino person indeed found him a tailor to make him a suit -- which Sam then complained about because it cost him extra. Which might be expected for a custom size 60 garment. This man is a whining asshole with a persecution complex, I am sure he will make an ideal candidate for political office. And a wonderful husband.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2021 1:04 AM

This guy looks, acts and sounds like he cries A LOT. Can you imagine him in the House, asking everyone to leave, because he needs a moment to wail?

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2021 1:08 AM

He couldn't have called first?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2021 1:08 AM

I'd like to think most people would take being outside of even the extreme size range of the system as a wake-up call and maybe go do something about their obesity instead of whine about their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2021 1:18 AM

So many immortal lines:

[quote]I’ve never seen him in a suit. So the prospect of that alone was half of the reason to have a wedding.

What a sad testimony. Was the wedding cake the other half of the reason?

[quote]Why not just pay twice the rental fee and get a relatively nice-looking suit?

Twice the fee, twice the suit. NOT!

[quote]The booth at the diner is too small or you accidentally catch a belt loop on the door frame for the millionth fucking time.

"Millionth time" suggests an astounding amount of time accidentally catching those loops.

[quote]She obviously wanted to make me feel as human as possible.

Because your humanity comes from the pity of others?

[quote]Sorrowful, holding back tears, I said, “It doesn’t say anywhere on your site that I wouldn’t fit. You have to understand how embarrassing and hurtful this is.

And then she said, choking up, "I know, I know. So many people understandably infer the phrase 'Tent & Awning' after the 'Indochino.'"

[quote]I could see the human concern in her eyes

So needy.

[quote]For twenty minutes, in a dark parking structure, I mourned my dignity. I can’t describe it as anything other than loss.

Too bad it wasn't weight loss. Plus you were wailing in a public garage for 20 minutes while your "partner" (Try either "sainted fiancé" or "glutton for punishment." Well, "sainted fiancé" since obviously we know who the glutton is here.) circled the block watching his windshield quiver from your noise.

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2021 1:28 AM

The salesperson was absolutely lovely and went above and beyond. He was "fatshamed" by the computer. Get over it hun.

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2021 1:29 AM

I don't get the beltloop in the door bit.

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]I didn’t just cry, I wailed.

More like whaled.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2021 1:33 AM

So they've been together 7 years and never been to an event where the boyfriend would need a suit? That's...odd.

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote]"glutton for punishment."

From the glutton for food.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2021 1:34 AM

Why can't Indochino give him the respect that he's entitled to? Why can't they treat him like he would be treated by any stranger on the street?

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2021 1:34 AM

This entire thread, main article & responses, is the reason why I come to this site every day.

There's not enough LOLs I could type to do it justice.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2021 1:35 AM

The most shocking thing he wrote was that this was only the second time he'd cried as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2021 1:38 AM

R75 total lie. They buy hankies in bulk

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote] They buy hankies in bulk

They? Are you othering?

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2021 1:41 AM

Footage of Gay Whale Wailing in the link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2021 1:41 AM

Notice how when we make fun of Chrissy Metz size the thread fills with people chiding everyone but in this thread about an actual gay man who who is t on a red carpet he’s just trying to have a wedding nobody says anything? I’m not criticizing you guys I left some snarky comments I’m just saying I guess we really know it’s the fraus defending Chrissy

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2021 1:42 AM

R77 they = the happy couple.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2021 1:43 AM

This fat fuck is running for office and he doesn't own a suit?

Bull. Shit. Ron.

Also, he's 6'2" and the size of a planet. There's no fucking way that tubster is only 350. Add at least another 75 lbs to that.

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2021 1:47 AM

R79 I, for one, am more than happy to make fun of Chrissy when she shows up in some hideous rag on a red carpet, or announces that she has lost/gained five pounds, or whatever her latest mess is.

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2021 1:48 AM

"As a fat person, I’ve learned to plan."

1) to not be too far away from food; 2) to be near chairs and sofas; 3) to avoid walking too much; 4) to avoid mirrors...

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2021 1:49 AM

Why are you gays fat shaming? Fat people are people too. They aren’t a joke. They aren’t clowns 🤡! Do better.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2021 1:50 AM

r62 I completely agree. Gyms should have therapists on staff to help with the other side of losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2021 1:50 AM

Well, at least he didn’t have an uppity teenage girl push him off a wall.

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]Why can't Indochino give him the respect that he's entitled to? Why can't they treat him like he would be treated by any stranger on the street?

Because they're NOT ONE OF HIS FAAAAAAAAATS!

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote]Well, at least he didn’t have an uppity teenage girl push him off a wall.

Honey, no teenage girl is that strong.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2021 1:53 AM

Is the boyfriend reconsidering the wedding? It'd be very easy to be a runaway bride

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Just wait until they have to go casket shopping.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2021 1:59 AM

You missed the best line of all R67

[quote] They had to figure out a way to get his butt to fit right in the pants.

In case we hadn't figured out who the bottom was.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2021 2:04 AM

For both their sakes, I hope he’s the rare HUNG bear. I love a bigger guy with a cock to match. Sadly, not that common

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2021 2:12 AM

Cabelas makes some lovely tents these days.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Come on, I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking it after comment R93’s comment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2021 2:16 AM

Although I love their wallpaper, I'm never schlepping down to Lafayette Street to eat at Indochine again, and I'm not even fat!

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote] Cabelas makes some lovely tents these days.

They certainly do.

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2021 2:22 AM

What the fuck do you eat to get to be 350 pounds. What’s up with the husband to be? My guess is a fat fetish. He’s probably a “feeder”. Disgusting 🤢

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2021 2:22 AM

The partner needs to be examined too, to try to understand why he wants to marry a heffalump.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2021 2:27 AM

Are we not going to mention the smell?

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2021 2:29 AM

Sad. He's Chrissie Metz sized. His life must be uncomfortable and awful.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2021 2:33 AM

Eat a salad for the crying out loud. And maybe a glass of water now and then.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2021 2:37 AM

How does he compare to Eric Stonestreet in Modern Family?

I'm sort of getting that vibe from them

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2021 2:37 AM

Weeping fat queen. Dear god, who would marry this?

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2021 2:39 AM

[quote] His life must be uncomfortable and awful.

If only there were a medium where he could express how uncomfortable and awful it truly is.

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2021 2:46 AM

[quote] Eat a salad for the crying out loud. And maybe a glass of water now and then.

Eat ice you mean?

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote]Eat a salad for the crying out loud.

What are they crying out loud about?

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote] I, however, like a good suit. Being an overweight man, it’s one of the few options I have to look nice. Plus, I needed a new one. So instead of looking like loose bags of potatoes in rentals, we opted to research and buy, knowing how much places like Indochino cost. Why not just pay twice the rental fee and get a relatively nice-looking suit?

If you wear suits and know you look good in suits, wouldn't you have a go to designer for suits? It sounds like he was always fat, so this wasn't the Covid 25. I always feel like there is ulterior motive. Does he want a free suit from Indochino?

I agree. I don't condone obesity. It's not nice to shame people but it shouldn't be glamorized. It's the one thing that can cut multiple risk factors by losing the weight.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote] It's not nice to shame people

You're on DL. It may not be nice, but it's what we do.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] I hope he’s the rare HUNG bear. I love a bigger guy with a cock to match. Sadly, not that common

When I was a gayling, I used to think these big burly bears had cocks to match and I would fantasize. I quickly learned the truth that their dicks are microscopic. What a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2021 3:34 AM

> AND YES, WE'VE TRIED FUCKING KETO

No doubt they were the longest 90 minutes of his life.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2021 3:37 AM

Tbh, he's not really that fat.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2021 3:45 AM

Does he carry a snack manbag or just wrestle it out of a tree like the ones at Yosemite?

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2021 3:49 AM

For the record, "Fucking Keto" does not mean "Five pounds of bacon," Indochine Reject.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2021 3:49 AM

The booth at the diner is too small

My god I'm fat but if I couldn't fit in a booth....that would be the trigger. The fucking booth isn't too small you're too big. It's you.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2021 3:50 AM

Do they call each other Yogi and Boo Boo?

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2021 3:50 AM

They just should have gone to David’s Bridal, I’m sure they’re used to clothing big grooms and groomsmen.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2021 3:55 AM

When did Indochino start selling Caftans?

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Meth might be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2021 4:06 AM

He’s actually a woman. He should shop at Chico’s.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2021 4:10 AM

[quote]the lovely person who had served him put in a great deal of effort to find him a tailor who might help.

Did she call an upholsterer?

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2021 5:22 AM

Here's the thing - based on his photo, he KNOWS he can't shop in regular stores. Why did he think this would be different?

They send these measurements to Asia (hence the name Indochino) and then the suit is shipped back.

Has anyone here tried to shop for clothes in Asia? They just do not have many large sizes. For example - my partner is 6ft and 170lbs with a 32 inch waist. We saw a great shirt shop in Hanoi and we went to try on shirts. He did not fit in the XXXL. He wears a medium in the US.

I hate all of these fat stories - they're all the same. Then suddenly, there's a follow-up announcement about being truthful with themselves and what they were eating and not exercising. Now, they LOVE exercising and listen to me tell you all about how it can change your life.

Bitch - we've been telling you this for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2021 5:52 AM

I can't stop laughing.

I really, really wanted this to turn into a shit brickhouse troll thread, but, alas....

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2021 5:58 AM

Those "friends" who sent him to that store...they knew what they were doing. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2021 6:18 AM

As a pretty hefty guy myself I dont think its incumbent upon the world to adapt since bring fat ultimately isn't healthy. It certainly doesnt mean people should be shamed or ridiculed but if you're at the point you need custom clothes there is a cost for that. To claim it's a fee for your fatness and somehow unfair because society is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2021 6:27 AM

[quote] For both their sakes, I hope he’s the rare HUNG bear. I love a bigger guy with a cock to match. Sadly, not that common

Have you SEEN this guy? He'd have to have a 10 foot cock to look hung.

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2021 6:31 AM

I take quetiapine - shit tons of it. It's the drug that is notorious for making you fat and the generally accepted rule is that you can't lose weight on it - even on a low dose.

I started keto in February and I've lost 8 kgs so far, so even somebody with extreme obstacles can lose weight with keto.

This guy is lazy or would rather cry about it than do anything to fix the situation. Keto didn't work for him because he didn't want to lose weight enough to make some sacrifices in his diet.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2021 8:06 AM

This is where I beg all of our BIG folk to donate their used clothing. I’ve worked two different homeless shelters where obese guys were stuck in hospital gowns because we didn’t have pants over size 54 waist and we had so few shirts (aside from weird tees) that were 4XL. If you get new clothes, donate old stuff directly to shelters.

Also, I need to slap the husband for not going directly to a tailor. It’s your fucking wedding, Bridezilla. If you’re too broke for a custom suit, you make the wedding casual. Use IndoChino for the shirt, jacket, and tie (YOU NEED A LONG LONG TIE) and make do with the best pants you own.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote] Instead of use this as motivation to change his lifestyle, he decides to throw a pity party for himself and fish for sympathetic comments from internet strangers telling him he’s “beautiful” the way he is.

R27, you hit the nail on the head. This is just more attention whoring for "likes" and "positive reinforcement" from the fatty.

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2021 8:28 AM

[quote] AND YES, WE'VE TRIED FUCKING KETO

Tonight on a special Dateline, Frau Edition: What really happened to Keto? Was it truly accidental death during sex as claimed? How did Keto get crushed during sex? And why were the sheets soaked with tears? Nancy Grace investigates.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2021 8:45 AM

You're whining because one product doesn't fit all? Mary, I'm too tall for a Miata. I didn't wail because of it.

And you do sort of resemble a clown...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2021 8:48 AM

[quote] . If you’re too broke for a custom suit, you make the wedding casual.

This is the sort of clueless comment my mother is prone to make.

And I'll tell you the same thing I'd tell her R127 -- most of the world has no idea that custom suits exist or even how to go about getting one made. The fact that they're not buying their suit off the rack at Men's Warehouse during their Memorial Day blowout is a big deal.

I'd also add that fewer and fewer men actually own suits these days--even before the pandemic. People just don't need to wear them to work--even lawyers and bankers. The Silicon Valley Casual look-- jeans, dress shirt and blazer--is everywhere.

Final note (and not to you) - Indochine is one of a few companies--Suit Supply is another, and there are a couple more too--that have tried to take the notion of custom suits to the masses--you take your own measurements and then they send them to Asia where the suit is made. They're not super expensive--you can get a suit for well under $1K.

The impetus was not so much fat guys but athletic ones, for whom the standard six-inch drop meant they had to get a pair of 38 waist pants tailored to fit a 32 inch waist and so the pants never fit right. Brooks and others have solved this by selling pants and jackets separately, this was another solution and made getting the suit sort of an event, especially for guys who'd never had anything custom made.

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2021 10:19 AM

I got fat, slowly, gradually, but in January, I'd had enough. I'm not young, so losing has been slow. But every damn day I exercise for an hour and a half and I cut out a lot of food I liked--bye-bye sugar and white flour.

Instead of looking like a fat person, I now look like a thin person with a gut. I'm sick of exercising, but I was even more sick of being tired and unhealthy. So I made a choice to be healthier. It's work, but it's also doable. And just having more energy has made it worth it.

I agree that overeating chronically is a type of addiction and should be treated as such. There's so such thing as being healthy and obese.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2021 10:32 AM

R132 I am currently a thin person with a gut. It is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2021 10:34 AM

I love how they had to drive 3 hours! Reminds me about something my parents said about walking to school in the snow...

by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2021 10:42 AM

"Back in my day, we had to crawl five hours through hot gravel in order to get rejected by a tailor. Kids today have no idea how easy they have it."

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2021 10:57 AM

I know how he feels. Just yesterday, I went to my local barber shop and asked for a low fade undercut. They said, sorry sir, you're bald. I ran screaming to the nearest parking garage and WAILED for hours.

by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2021 11:32 AM

His whole post is cultural appropriation. Trannys invented professional victimhood. The only thing missing here is a link to his go fund me and cash apps to pay for his pies...oops.. I mean meds.

by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2021 11:36 AM

WTF is wrong with this generation? These freaks all want recognition and a fucking award for being different. Fatties like this dude, trannies and non binaries, ugly people, dumb people, and the like aren’t ashamed to come forward and be seen. Remember in the “good ol days” when freaks like this were exhibits in the circus? Now he wants stores to stock size XXXXXXXXL just so his feelings don’t get hurt. Shit like this is what’s wrong with the US today.

by Anonymousreply 138June 6, 2021 12:02 PM

Does Omar the Tentmaker have a branch in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 139June 6, 2021 12:08 PM

A fattie's workout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 6, 2021 12:16 PM

"I met a boy named Weepy/On September 12th right here/In front of Big and Tall/But unfortunately, he's too fat to care/He was last seen with his friends/All morbidly obese bear types/With an eating problem/But if you bring it/They go straight into de-ni-al/I loved him, but he embarrassed me/In front of my kip and kin/He overeats always/And wears this white fat helmet/He has golden chains on his leather caftan/Which incidentally is size XXXXXXL, and then some/I would gratefully appreciate it if you see him, tell him/I never want to see him, and please!/Tell him when you are that fat/You should ne-ver we-ar purple/Just puce."

by Anonymousreply 141June 6, 2021 12:30 PM

So hilarious! All of these mean gurl comments!

I'd laugh but the stench from all of your gunts doesn't really allow me to breathe very deeply.

by Anonymousreply 142June 6, 2021 12:31 PM

YES! It was something like that R135! But my parents version used snow and it took them hours to get to school for some reason and we kids didn't know how easy we had it.

by Anonymousreply 143June 6, 2021 12:33 PM

He's no longer running for state representative, he only got 20 percent of the vote because he is a Democrat living in a Republican-majority area of Texas.

He and his fiance moved in together after only two weeks!! More like lesbears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]Celebrate the accomplishment you’ve made just by existing in a world that was not made for you.

25 dollars is A LOT for a keychain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2021 12:40 PM

He wasn’t fat shamed. He’s a cow

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] Garden Attire: Wear sundresses, floral prints, suits in lighter hues, and fun hats and fascinators.

WTF are "fascinators"?

And I've been to a lot of weddings over the past ten years or so (I'm 36 and many of my friends, gay and straight were getting married) and have fortunately never encountered anything quite that specific about suggested attire.

At most it was something like "Black Tie" or "Casual attire" -- the latter was always the subject of several text chains on the order of "so does that mean we still need to wear a jacket?" for the guys and all sorts of conundrums for the women.

by Anonymousreply 147June 6, 2021 12:47 PM

One person's cow……is another person’s beef

by Anonymousreply 148June 6, 2021 12:52 PM

I can't wait to see the actual wedding pictures!

The DL Sleuth Crew need to stay on top of this please.

by Anonymousreply 149June 6, 2021 12:53 PM

They seem tedious and it seems Jake takes after daddy as a chubby chaser.

by Anonymousreply 150June 6, 2021 12:53 PM

R144, that really is something very odd. They moved together to a different city after just two dates in two weeks?

by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2021 12:54 PM

Why is every single how we met story the same. They all try so hard to make it sound like they had some profound insight or fate that led to their coupeling when in reality it was just desperation and fear of dying alone.

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2021 12:56 PM

He needs to go see Dr. Nowzaradan in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2021 12:57 PM

Dear Bear…don’t listen to these nasty little bitches….i think you look all snuggly.

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2021 12:58 PM

He just needs an elastic waist band

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2021 12:59 PM

R149 like that'll be hard. I'm sure fatty fatty two by four will have sort of meltdown at the wedding and force everyone to wait outside while he wails mournfully over the cost of their wedding cake because he needed his own shhet cake and it was galling that they had the nerve to make his fat ass pay for it and he will inevitably blog about it.

by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2021 1:00 PM

R147. Its something ladies wear on their heads. Google an English royal wedding and you'll see a lot if examples. I think it's a thing hipster wannabe types put on wedding invitations now cause they are all so cool.

by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2021 1:03 PM

It's called a groom's cake R156, and since there are two grooms there are two cakes. Plus one for guests, and another backup cake for snacking.

by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2021 1:04 PM

Finding THE ONE is more important than the suit. Get some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 159June 6, 2021 1:05 PM

Some of you are just awful……..can’t you see his feelings have been hurt?

by Anonymousreply 160June 6, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote] another backup cake for snacking.

Just one? That is LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!! I need to go to the parking lot to WAIL!

by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2021 1:06 PM

R158, this may be the only sustenance anyone receives that afternoon; you also need bags of almonds, peeps, gummi bears, fudge, and dots.

by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2021 1:07 PM

Should've kept driving to Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2021 1:08 PM

I want to know if the giant bear produced a lot of snot when he cried. Because this could be that elusive role that fetches St Viola her Best Actor Oscar. All she needs is a fat suit, an elastic band and a few lessons on Texan accents.

by Anonymousreply 164June 6, 2021 1:09 PM

[R163]

that was just low and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 165June 6, 2021 1:13 PM

165 duh.

by Anonymousreply 166June 6, 2021 1:14 PM

r90 - I wouldn't worry about casket shopping.

Just put on a hard, straight face and say, "I want him cremated and put in two matching urns. May I see your catalog."

Some morticians will accommodate an overweight person's desire for an open casket funeral in a regular-sized coffin if you have time and money. They can do full-body after-death liposuction.

If not, request a plus-size coffin; these are called B52s in the trade. Just say, "Can I see your catalog of B52s?"

Don't smile; you don't any mortician humor creeping in.

by Anonymousreply 167June 6, 2021 1:14 PM

The Goofy Guppy and the Wailing Whale - A Love Story.

by Anonymousreply 168June 6, 2021 1:15 PM

R167 alternatively you could use Fred Schneiders Chrysler. I hear tell it's as big as a whale.

by Anonymousreply 169June 6, 2021 1:18 PM

If he was crying before….he’s on the help line now.

by Anonymousreply 170June 6, 2021 1:21 PM

He’s exhausted, y’all!! Someone needs to get Roxane Gay on this case, stat! They can take a long-ass nap together!

by Anonymousreply 171June 6, 2021 1:24 PM

Sucks to be fat…. 😛

by Anonymousreply 172June 6, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote][[R163]] that was just low and nasty.

Then my job is done. BTW, watch Designing Women's "They Shoot Fat People" and you'll get the joke.

Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 173June 6, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]—R163 (and a few others that have W7

FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 174June 6, 2021 1:32 PM

Found it for ya R165.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 6, 2021 1:33 PM

Now that really is heading for the gutter…

by Anonymousreply 176June 6, 2021 1:34 PM

And besides being overweight is genetic….or is it a disease…I forget…but its not their fault you insensitive people.

by Anonymousreply 177June 6, 2021 1:38 PM

The wedding site is instructive---they want faux mid-mod furniture with ugly 1970s lights and someone actually does exercise.

Very odd in that they went to the same very small high school and didn't know each other--out of 80 in a class, someone like Sam would have stood out and been recognized by other classes--my class was almost 10x as large and the fatties from other classes were teased as mercilessly as our own. And there's the small matter of the number of gays---I'm guessing a couple in each class. They would have met in band or the chorus, or some club. It's not just sterotypes---in a small school everyone has to pulled into some activity for the school to survive.

by Anonymousreply 178June 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Jesus. I don't see where he was shamed. Sure, it sucks that they went to the place and he couldn't be fitted, but it doesn't sound like anyone did anything to shame him. Obviously he has a lot of emotional issues surrounding his obesity - maybe coming from being made fun of and rejected before. Understandable. But, come on, nothing really happened here.

by Anonymousreply 179June 6, 2021 1:44 PM

Obesity is becoming a problem in Asia--China and the Chinese minorities in other countries like Thailand. Obesity used to be viewed as a sign of prosperity among the Chinese. Now it's being seen less positively. It's not unsual to see normal sized parents with endulged fat kids, esp. the boys. I'm sure Indochine and other sites will catch-up and have more stuff for the big boy crowd.

Missing here is the idea that not every style looks good on a large person---whether tall, wide, or both. A tailor or a big & tall store could address that.

by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2021 1:46 PM

Well ..he certainly came to the wrong place for tea and sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2021 1:46 PM

What a disgusting slob.....dead by 40!

by Anonymousreply 182June 6, 2021 1:48 PM

Everybody knows if you someone hurts your ego…….you’ve been shamed..

by Anonymousreply 183June 6, 2021 1:48 PM

Though if we'd thought to serve biscuits with that tea, R181....

by Anonymousreply 184June 6, 2021 1:49 PM

R184 we would but the wailing wahwah bear inhaled them all after his last parking lot breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 185June 6, 2021 1:51 PM

where does all this cruelty stem from?…just so insensitive …it’s just awful

by Anonymousreply 186June 6, 2021 1:55 PM

He misspelled whaled.

by Anonymousreply 187June 6, 2021 1:57 PM

is that your only contribution to this rat pack?

by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2021 1:59 PM

R186 I dunno. Perhaps it's the annoyance of seeing self absorbed asshats writing whiny ass posts about how victimized they feel when they went slighted in any way.

by Anonymousreply 189June 6, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]where does all this cruelty stem from?…just so insensitive …it’s just awful

Well then, perhaps you're in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 190June 6, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]He misspelled whaled.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 191June 6, 2021 2:04 PM

where is the right place?

by Anonymousreply 192June 6, 2021 2:05 PM

[R189]

It’s not easy being weight impaired…..he comes here for a little compassion..well ..just look at what he got instead.

Disgusting…just disgusting

by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2021 2:09 PM

192 I'd imagine some mommy Facebook group where you can all coo over your crotch goblins and talk endlessly about which true crime podcasts you all enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 194June 6, 2021 2:10 PM

Here's a snapshot from the wedding banquet, showing what he finally chose to wear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 6, 2021 2:12 PM

which one was he? the one on the left or the one on the right?

by Anonymousreply 196June 6, 2021 2:14 PM

R193 shove your face back in your slop bucket and piss off.

by Anonymousreply 197June 6, 2021 2:14 PM

temper..temper

by Anonymousreply 198June 6, 2021 2:16 PM

Fat AND ugly.....I wonder what Jake is in the relationship for. Maybe fattie has some cash.

by Anonymousreply 199June 6, 2021 2:26 PM

He should have asked if Indochino has a husky section.

by Anonymousreply 200June 6, 2021 2:28 PM

not everyone is opportunistic looking for enrichment…some people get married for love ..you know

by Anonymousreply 201June 6, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote][R193] shove your face back in your slop bucket and piss off.

Your majesty, I totally understand the strain you've been under with suffering the loss of a husband, the loyalty of a grandson and never seeing your mulatto grandchildren again, but please, we must remember our manners.

by Anonymousreply 202June 6, 2021 2:30 PM

I was raised to believe that some things are public, and some are private. I was also raised to feel shame.

It would be one thing if Indochino had posted something about the fatty that came to their store, and was too big for their system, but that isn't the case. This guy chose to broadcast this story for sympathy, for Social Media credit, or for whatever reason.

No one has any shame anymore, everything is public, nothing is private, and everyone's challenges are everyone else's problem, somehow. No one has to take responsibility for anything.

I am short. There is nothing I can do about that. I can't gain height somehow. I'm 51, chances are I am only going to get shorter. My inseam is 29, and it is difficult to find pants. I don't accuse stores of short shaming me. I just buy a 30, and deal. I can't reach the top shelf of my kitchen cupboards. I don't have a big social media fit about it, I just keep a small stool in the kitchen for when I need to get to the top shelf.

I don't have any sympathy for this guy. He took his own private embarrassment, and made it public.

To quote Suzanne Sugarbaker, "If it doesn't look good, don't put it out on your front porch."

by Anonymousreply 203June 6, 2021 2:32 PM

[R200]

i think we’re way past husky.

by Anonymousreply 204June 6, 2021 2:33 PM

Every so often, life gives you a "wake-up moment". If you're smart, you take notice and make some changes.

by Anonymousreply 205June 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Every time some effeminate queeny twiink comes on here.... Shove a finger down your throat and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 206June 6, 2021 2:41 PM

I bet you have your fingers in your mouth quite a bit

by Anonymousreply 207June 6, 2021 2:43 PM

R295 that or blog about it then eat a metric ton of hostess fruit pies. Whatever works.

by Anonymousreply 208June 6, 2021 2:44 PM

And besides…what’s wrong with effeminate queeny twinks?

by Anonymousreply 209June 6, 2021 2:45 PM

I’m a bit freaked out by this thread, there’s a company that you order a suit from and they make it in China and ship it here? That just sounds so environmentally and economically misguided and problematic, how do people even know that such services as these exist? Isn’t the whole bespoke experience supposed to be about the one on one connection and give and take with a tailor? You wouldn’t go to build your own house based on a conversation with a middle man and then have it assembled and shipped from China without ever meeting the architect, and a suit is going to be a hundred times more intimate.

by Anonymousreply 210June 6, 2021 2:46 PM

Some of my best friends are effeminate queeny twinks

by Anonymousreply 211June 6, 2021 2:47 PM

I am sure he has 'tried' everything but never sticks to anything long enough to lose some of that fat.

by Anonymousreply 212June 6, 2021 2:48 PM

There you go….it’s not his fault…..it’s genetics

by Anonymousreply 213June 6, 2021 2:50 PM

It’s just so easy to be cruel in this cesspool

by Anonymousreply 214June 6, 2021 2:51 PM

[qoute] Most women starve themselves before their weddings to fit into the perfect dress and to look good for pictures and videos. It’s not rocket science. Sounds like just another entitled fat person who thinks the world owes them something. Fatness is one of the very few handicaps that people can cure themselves of. No sympathy from me.

Some of us have died for this...

by Anonymousreply 215June 6, 2021 2:56 PM

He's so fat when he puts on his BVDs they spell out BouleVarD!

he's so fat, when his fiancee decides to flip fuck he has to take a bus to get to the other side!

he's so fat his blood type is gravy!

by Anonymousreply 216June 6, 2021 3:01 PM

you’re just a terrible person…kicking a Bear when his down….

by Anonymousreply 217June 6, 2021 3:03 PM

R217 no one is kicking this bear. their foot would get stuck in the blubber.

by Anonymousreply 218June 6, 2021 3:05 PM

[quote]you’re just a terrible person…kicking a Bear when his down….

Oh, Pooh.

by Anonymousreply 219June 6, 2021 3:06 PM

Heavy Bears are just so misunderstood…they have feelings too….

by Anonymousreply 220June 6, 2021 3:07 PM

You know..some men prefer a man that is heavy and furry

by Anonymousreply 221June 6, 2021 3:08 PM

OMG. I feel like such a terrible person but their wedding website is - well, you can't stop reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 6, 2021 3:13 PM

The boyfriend is really cute. Could he be a top?

by Anonymousreply 223June 6, 2021 3:13 PM

Well he wouldn't want to be on the bottom and under all that R223. = Death.

"What is the attire for our wedding?" a guide to what to wear at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 6, 2021 3:18 PM

We should not normalize fatties, no matter how much the mainstream media pushes it.

by Anonymousreply 225June 6, 2021 3:20 PM

I think its odd that wedding sites usually only have one half of the couple's perspective typically the brides which to me always spells trouble because they are probably a self absorbed babies that their soon to be spouses will be exhausted by.

by Anonymousreply 226June 6, 2021 3:22 PM

Tall and Fat had him covered! He could try the new Hindenburg line!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 6, 2021 3:25 PM

Will there be a reception afterward? ANSWER Yes, we will host a small reception with charcuterie boards and a make your own mimosa station.

Sounds gross and cheap!

by Anonymousreply 228June 6, 2021 3:26 PM

We should not normalize people who aspire to be bulimic, anorexic token Barbie dolls.

Gay men aren't interested in trying to become a woman.

by Anonymousreply 229June 6, 2021 3:26 PM

[R223]

Even if he’s a bottom …..he’s on top…..you could lose a cub under a heavy Bear like him

by Anonymousreply 230June 6, 2021 3:27 PM

Here's a thought...

If being too large to buy a suit from Indochino caused him to have an extended sobbing spell in a carpark - what will happen if he finds this thread?

by Anonymousreply 231June 6, 2021 3:28 PM

[R229]

Trans gay men choose to be women

by Anonymousreply 232June 6, 2021 3:29 PM

R228 dont poorshame the fat fuck. He will have to drive all over Houston to find a parking garage to wail in.

by Anonymousreply 233June 6, 2021 3:29 PM

How comes there was never a bear Ken doll version, or a bear G.I. Joe, other then the ones that sort of had the fuzzy facial hair, but not the build?

by Anonymousreply 234June 6, 2021 3:29 PM

A very firmly worded email to Muriel, R231. Crying as he types it.

Followed by the thread being nuked.

by Anonymousreply 235June 6, 2021 3:30 PM

I know that sucks…..i would have loved a hairy Ken when I was just a little queer

by Anonymousreply 236June 6, 2021 3:31 PM

QUESTION: Will there be assigned seating during the reception?

ANSWER: No. We will be limiting tables to resting areas and as a place to sit drinks. We want our guests to be able to mingle.

Sounds like a fate worse than death!

by Anonymousreply 237June 6, 2021 3:32 PM

For mobile, healthy gays of all ages and for everyone really, keeping in shape is the one thing we can all do to look good, keep or improve our health, and make us more attractive to others. Even if you have butter face, a hot body can still triumph. The byproduct is that it improves mental health, gives you more energy, and you feel better about myself. Growing up in LA, working out is like brushing your teeth. It's mandatory. Even if you eat like shit (which is not recommended), if you go balls out 6 days a week and try to burn about 500-1000 calories at the gym, you will notice a difference. If you have the cash, don't go cheap. Join a luxury gym w/ spa amenities so that it is a pleasure to work out. When I see fatties working out at the gym, I think it's something to applaud and it's something to respect. I promise you that people are not judging but thinking the same thing as me. And this is like a Equinox WeHo, which is ground zero for vanity.

All these victim narratives keeps you as a victim. I would not want to shout from the rooftops for my own pride that I was too fat for a cheap made to measure suit and bawled my eyes out in guttural sobs in a random Dallas parking garage. That would be the incident to get revenge bod and then buy myself a Prada suit for the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 238June 6, 2021 3:32 PM

[R228]

well that was certainly an outpouring of sympathy……

by Anonymousreply 239June 6, 2021 3:33 PM

They must have seen this link > > >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 6, 2021 3:33 PM

I would say this will all end in tears, but it seems to have started that way. Not sure if there’s any direction it can go in now, other then the witness protection program..

by Anonymousreply 241June 6, 2021 3:36 PM

I love mimosas..great for brunch

by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2021 3:36 PM

You can have a brunch mimosa before 12pm and not feel like an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2021 3:38 PM

The reception is at 8 pm R242 & R243.

After dinner at New York Hill with Jake's parents:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 6, 2021 3:40 PM

I think he’s cute and snuggley…..

by Anonymousreply 245June 6, 2021 3:41 PM

Oh, my. Would you look at that.^^^

by Anonymousreply 246June 6, 2021 3:41 PM

The non obese half of this couple must have fucking low self esteem to pair with that fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 247June 6, 2021 3:43 PM

Was the cub adopted or just lucky?

by Anonymousreply 248June 6, 2021 3:43 PM

my only real concern would be the penis department…Bears with a hefty penis are best….in my humble opinion

by Anonymousreply 249June 6, 2021 3:44 PM

I hope there’s not one of those impromptu synchronized dancing routines with the bear and his friends that will break out during the reception, that could be tragic.

by Anonymousreply 250June 6, 2021 3:44 PM

Yeah - I'm not sure how you can grow up and go to the same high school one year apart with only 80 students in each class and not know each other at least by sight.

Two things: 1) why didn't they call before they drove 3 hours to the store?

2) There are a lot of fat fucks in Texas - like a LOT. There has to be many other places that specialize in this.

by Anonymousreply 251June 6, 2021 3:45 PM

I'm sympathetic to his feelings and would be polite/kind/oblivious depending on what he wants, but you don't (can't!) maintain that size without over-eating. It's physics. For his own mental health, he should either accept it or change it.

A friend is with a fat guy. She told me early on "he doesn't eat that much! and I make him healthy food!" I told her succintly: "He's sneaking food. He's eating the lunch you pack and 2 more. He's eating junk food at night when you don't see him." Sure enough, a few weeks later, she found evidence of all of that and more.

by Anonymousreply 252June 6, 2021 3:45 PM

New York Hill...for when Old Country Buffet is too fancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 6, 2021 3:46 PM

[R247]

are you saying that Bear lovers have some kind of mental aberration?

by Anonymousreply 254June 6, 2021 3:46 PM

So which one has the puny cocklet, fattie or low self-esteem Jake?

by Anonymousreply 255June 6, 2021 3:47 PM

Fat fucks?…oh ..you are rude!

by Anonymousreply 256June 6, 2021 3:47 PM

That's not a bear R249. That's a whale.

by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2021 3:49 PM

The irony is that the bear community is one of the bitchiest, exclusionary sub groups within the LGBT community - the opposite of acceptance and fat pride.

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2021 3:51 PM

R244 Oh god, just fucking kill me.

by Anonymousreply 259June 6, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote] why didn't they call before they drove 3 hours to the store?

This! He goes through his "exhaustive" list of things he must do when braving the retail world. The first thing I would do is call the boutique and ask if they accommodated my size before driving 3 hours. In all honesty, I could understand my fiancé being upset, but if I had to walk around a parking garage while he cried in the car for 20 minutes after the suit disaster, I would be rethinking things. Maybe he fancies himself the next Chasten Buttegieg. Also, I strong politicians who are going to fight for our best interests, not cower in the corner and cry.

by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2021 3:57 PM

They're both handsome. Stop masc-shaming. The penultimate gay male experience isn't tucking and dressing like a transvestite.

I'm a guy. I like cock. I'm not into heels, hoses, wigs and dresses.

by Anonymousreply 261June 6, 2021 3:57 PM

Well..couldn’t we just wish them the best and be done with it..instead of running over him ,backing up and running over him again.

by Anonymousreply 262June 6, 2021 3:59 PM

R210, these Asian suit places have been around forever. I knew of one in the early 2000s. It comes down to cost. Everything's cheaper in Hong Kong, Taiwan, or wherever they're making these suits these days.

Your intimacy argument is odd. I don't ascribe any sort of intimacy to being fit for a suit or having clothes tailored.

Another issue is that there aren't that many talented tailors left in the US, and the ones who are around charge a lot of money. I can't get my pants hemmed for less than $20. With clothes so cheap, sometimes tailoring fees cost as much or more than the article of clothing.

by Anonymousreply 263June 6, 2021 3:59 PM

I love hairy guys who wear size 50

by Anonymousreply 264June 6, 2021 4:01 PM

R262 he put himself out there for consumption, and we're chewing the fat. What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 265June 6, 2021 4:01 PM

R263 I dont understand the people who come to this site and complain how mean everyone is. Like why are you even here?

by Anonymousreply 266June 6, 2021 4:04 PM

chewing the fat….that’s creative…..

by Anonymousreply 267June 6, 2021 4:04 PM

This man is perfect just the way he is. He is beautiful and inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 268June 6, 2021 4:06 PM

And here we go with the real intent of this post...

How many pennies per hour are you getting to troll this site?

by Anonymousreply 269June 6, 2021 4:07 PM

There's something off about their origin story. There's just no way you could go to a high school that small, be one year apart and not at least know who the other person is.

by Anonymousreply 270June 6, 2021 4:08 PM

Plus his FB/IG/Twitter feed is full of supportive frauen applauding his courage and bravery and hilarity (omg, Keto lol!). If he didn't have detractors in us then he might get a big head.

It's a courtesy, really. If you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 271June 6, 2021 4:08 PM

Somebody has to stick up for Bears …

by Anonymousreply 272June 6, 2021 4:08 PM

Computers are guilty of LITERAL VIOLENCE to the overeater community!

by Anonymousreply 273June 6, 2021 4:09 PM

That is so true…I’m glad someone finally said it

by Anonymousreply 274June 6, 2021 4:10 PM

Fat people are people. Well that's true. He's at least 2. Maybe Indochino would sell him two 28" suits.....

by Anonymousreply 275June 6, 2021 4:11 PM

R252 - totally true. Fat people lie or underestimate their food intake constantly. Many overweight people eat their lunches alone - because they buy large amounts and don't want anyone to see.

Then open up any fat person's desk - there's going to be a large amount of high calorie snacks, chips, candy, etc.

And, invariably, the fat people I've known in life get a disgusted look on their face if they can't have the fatty, high-calorie equivalent of a dish. "It has NO FLAVOR" or "why have it if it isn't creamy - I love that part of the dish, it's not like I eat this everyday." It all adds up.

It's the lies and half-truths that make it hard to sympathize with these people. They live in a different reality.

by Anonymousreply 276June 6, 2021 4:11 PM

R270 because it's all bullshit he made up to make it sound oh serendipitous that they should find each other.

by Anonymousreply 277June 6, 2021 4:12 PM

He needs to get out and meet more people. Maybe join a Sumo wrestling association.

by Anonymousreply 278June 6, 2021 4:13 PM

Paging the Chrissy Metz Troll.

by Anonymousreply 279June 6, 2021 4:13 PM

R270 the skinny one said he wasnt so nice in school. If Fatty was as fat then, its very possible the fiance never even noticed his existence. I apparently went to school with a dwarf,yet I have zero memory of him. I was in a store and he approached me ,I certainly noticed him then !He knew me,he knew several of my friends,we even had a class together ,yet I draw a blank. Of course in high school I was the most shallow and superficial of bitches so there is that. Highly possible fiance didnt give him a seconds thought.

by Anonymousreply 280June 6, 2021 4:14 PM

To be fair, being fat is one addiction you can't hide. All the others -- drinking, drugging, too much sex, spending money -- you can keep under the rug for a while.

by Anonymousreply 281June 6, 2021 4:14 PM

I'd fuck the little fellow. How did Fatty land him?

by Anonymousreply 282June 6, 2021 4:16 PM

He puts mayonnaise on an aspirin.

by Anonymousreply 283June 6, 2021 4:19 PM

R280 the midget at my school hung out with the popular kids but it was more like them leading g him around like a pet goat or something.

by Anonymousreply 284June 6, 2021 4:19 PM

I look forward to seeing full body photos of each and every one of you rotten cunts.

by Anonymousreply 285June 6, 2021 4:21 PM

Dieting, changing your life, changing your habits, giving up a source of comfort or pleasure....it's hard. Painful even. But when I was resisting making a necessary change, a friend said to me, 'You're in pain now. Why not try a new kind of pain?'

by Anonymousreply 286June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

You people are awful. Sounds like the usual gay lifestyle types projecting your negative body image on this nice-looking plus-size guy. You're so transparent. Just remember, we often resent in others what we hate most about ourselves. This man is handsome and perfect just the way he is. It's you gay mockers that need to seek psychiatric help for your body image issues. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 287June 6, 2021 4:27 PM

R285 oh fuck off. I was probably bigger than him at my heaviest weight but I dont go around crying I've been a victim of fatshaming when NOTHING of the sort occured in this incident.

by Anonymousreply 288June 6, 2021 4:27 PM

R276 - “fat people lie or underestimate their food content constantly.”

Absolutely true; this behavior mimics drug addicts and alcoholics. “I only had 3 drinks last night.” (It was actually 7.) There must be more fat shaming instead of acceptance. Why are we encouraging people to have heart disease, bad joints, and diabetes? It’s insane! Another little known fact (because of the lying mainstream media) is that most Covid-19 deaths were obese people. These people would have survived it if they had been a normal weight. So whoever gave the fattie in the article a platform should be ashamed. He needs help, not pity.

by Anonymousreply 289June 6, 2021 4:28 PM

He didn't say he was a victim of fatshaming, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 290June 6, 2021 4:28 PM

R287 I could care less that hes a fat bimbo so am I. But he is also a whiny cunt so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 291June 6, 2021 4:29 PM

I'm fatter than the queen of seacows and I'd rather gnaw off my pendulous mantits than post this story all over social media. Learn to hide your shame.

by Anonymousreply 292June 6, 2021 4:30 PM

Most of you are just jealous that they’re getting married and you’re not…..they are most likely very nice guy men

by Anonymousreply 293June 6, 2021 4:30 PM

He needs more T. A lot more.

by Anonymousreply 294June 6, 2021 4:30 PM

Gay men…i meant gay men

by Anonymousreply 295June 6, 2021 4:31 PM

It's a crime punishable by death to be overweight in the gay lifestyle, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 296June 6, 2021 4:31 PM

R290 bullshit. Oh I was assessed fee for being fat. As if paying extra for custom made clothes is due to society. Buy off the rack or shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 297June 6, 2021 4:32 PM

but guy men works too..i guess

by Anonymousreply 298June 6, 2021 4:32 PM

R292 - “learn to hide your shame.”

You sir (or madam), were brought up right.

by Anonymousreply 299June 6, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]For twenty minutes, in a dark parking structure, I mourned my dignity. I can’t describe it as anything other than loss.

Oh, dear!!

My grandfather used to say, "..you youngsters need a good long war and economic depression. That'll really give you something for you pussies to cry about and show you what really matters." How right he was.

by Anonymousreply 300June 6, 2021 4:32 PM

R299 - And this is the problem with youth today. They don’t hide their shameful qualities like we used to. They “own” them and put them all over social media, like they’re proud. There’s nothing boastful about being fat, ugly, etc.

by Anonymousreply 301June 6, 2021 4:34 PM

One of my first imprssions of LA was that people were just as plain and out of shape as anywhere else. Maybe the gym is a requirment in WeHo or similar areas, but just visit a mall and you'll see that people are shaped pretty much like they are in any mall anywhere.

R210: This sort of thing has been around a long time. People who got clothese made ages ago in Asia could get more duds made up based on the measurements on file. If something is a little off, it's not diffiuclt to find a dry cleaner that does tailoring and the custom clothing remains a good deal.

by Anonymousreply 302June 6, 2021 4:36 PM

At one time being gay was considered shameful

by Anonymousreply 303June 6, 2021 4:37 PM

R287 girl, she's not plus sized. She's plus plus plus sized.

And a pathetic attention seeker. Indochino didn't shame him. He says it himself in his long, rambling, woe-is-me diatribe. The employee was super respectful and attempted to help him find a product that Indochino wasn't able to provide. Because they don't make a product that fits his needs doesn't make Indochino the bad guy here. He's a f*cking asshole for trying to pull this sympathy shit on the internet.

But I'd imagine it's a welcome change from crying in the car because Walmart doesn't stock a Volkswagon sized Hostess cupcake, or Burger King for not having a child's wading pool sized Mr. Pibb (Oh wait, he's on Keto: He'll have 4 Big Kings, a bushel of fries, 108 pack of chicken nuggets, a baker's dozen of pies, a gallon of honey mustard sauce, and a Diet Coke). Girl's gotta eat, ya'll.

by Anonymousreply 304June 6, 2021 4:37 PM

Whenever I see some fattie wlaking down the street inhaling a bag of chips, I'm tempted to tell them to put it in the trash or at least wait until they get home. It's about changing behavior and the relationship with food, not glands.

by Anonymousreply 305June 6, 2021 4:40 PM

R305 yeah, how dare those fat fucks consume food in the presence of decent folk like you.

by Anonymousreply 306June 6, 2021 4:44 PM

If he was just a few inches over, it would be relatively easy at his size to lose those inches in a few weeks. It's not like they're asking him to go from a 32 to 26. That's hard.

There are a lot of things at play here - I personally believe there's a 'tipping point' in weight gain where it is very difficult to lose weight. And that's around 60-70 pounds overweight when it becomes difficult to move. When you can't move as easily, you become more and more sedentary - increasing weight gain. Exercise is fucking difficult to do to start losing weight.

Second, he probably comes from an overweight family and really has no idea what a good diet is.

Last - his taste buds are trained and addicted to high sugar, high fat flavors. It takes about 2-3 weeks to rid yourself of that - just like with any addiction.

by Anonymousreply 307June 6, 2021 4:44 PM

There’s a study I recently read that being obese putS you at higher risk for death than regular meth use. We need to treat it like a disease and hospitalize people over 250 pounds. A calorie controlled diet works, but must be done in a facility. This could save untold future health care costs.

by Anonymousreply 308June 6, 2021 4:50 PM

MARY, r308!

by Anonymousreply 309June 6, 2021 4:51 PM

Hate to say it, but Jake needs to reconsider this marriage. There are going to be a lot of emotional hostage scenarios with this guy - like asking him to get out of the car for 20 minutes without saying why.

Then penning this piece to explore his pain. He's drama central.

He's already let us in on a few red flags - he said he wasn't nice in high school, they moved in together after 2 weeks, and he claims to have never seen this guy in his small school?

I know dick may be hard to find in smaller towns in Texas, but you don't have to marry it.

by Anonymousreply 310June 6, 2021 5:14 PM

[quote] Will there be a reception afterward? ANSWER Yes, we will host a small reception with charcuterie boards and a make your own mimosa station.

So they’re not going to be serving dinner? Just cold cuts and no meal? And not hiring a bartender so you have to pour your own drinks? And not having any liquor available, just mimosas? How cheap can you get?! Most people factor in the cost of the dinner into their wedding gift. So there’s nothing to factor in here. I would just get them the cheapest gift that would just cover the cost of some baloney and orange juice.

by Anonymousreply 311June 6, 2021 5:19 PM

So he’s ran through the ringer because he is a heavy Bear…AND his wallet isn’t thick enough. Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 312June 6, 2021 5:36 PM

Oh…the conceit

by Anonymousreply 313June 6, 2021 5:40 PM

The wedding sounds tacky as hell. Or would it actually be considered chic in the Texan hick towns?

by Anonymousreply 314June 6, 2021 5:44 PM

Nazi's had nice uniforms! And they were slim with all that goose stepping!

by Anonymousreply 315June 6, 2021 5:45 PM

R210

They do it because they can sell the suits for $500 rather than $1500 to people who would otherwise have no idea that custom suits existed or be too intimidated by the process.

They advertise on social media, Instagram in particular

by Anonymousreply 316June 6, 2021 5:45 PM

R311 - I don't mind small weddings - I prefer it.

However, they should tell people to EAT DINNER beforehand. Charcuterie boards and mimosas? Who the fuck wants champagne and orange juice at 8:00pm on a Saturday?

Besides - that shit doesn't go together. I'd vomit from having cured meats and cheeses with champagne and OJ.

Are the guests going to have to bring flasks of liquor with them? Wine is too expensive but champagne is offered?

They have the audacity to tell people what to wear and then starve them on a Saturday night? Charcuterie boards and mimosas!!

by Anonymousreply 317June 6, 2021 5:47 PM

They didn't invite you R317. Chillax

by Anonymousreply 318June 6, 2021 5:48 PM

Obesity is the new smoking, the statement that we shouldn't normalize bulimia etc is totally without merit. There are so many fat Americans waddling about, like 40% vs bulimics that makes that comment very stupid. The 40% is OBESE people, not just overweight which probably is nearly everyone now.

by Anonymousreply 319June 6, 2021 5:51 PM

What kind of cheapskate WASP bullshit is this to invite people to your wedding and not serve them any food? Appalling and miserly.

by Anonymousreply 320June 6, 2021 5:53 PM

R318 - yeah, well we wouldn't be talking about any of this if he didn't throw out this pity party about his wedding suit.

by Anonymousreply 321June 6, 2021 5:53 PM

Well my guess is ……he won’t be doing that again.

by Anonymousreply 322June 6, 2021 5:55 PM

I think he is hot, actually.

by Anonymousreply 323June 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Have you tried "the running" though?

by Anonymousreply 324June 6, 2021 6:07 PM

R317 "Who the fuck wants champagne and orange juice at 8:00pm on a Saturday?" Me. I do.

by Anonymousreply 325June 6, 2021 6:08 PM

I bet the bear facesits the otter, causing the otter to moan.

by Anonymousreply 326June 6, 2021 6:30 PM

I was prepared to be sympathetic to this guy. But when I read his long-winded post, I felt deflated. He only cried twice in his life and one time was during this wedding "ordeal"? He sounds like Bridezilla.

by Anonymousreply 327June 6, 2021 6:33 PM

Do they have "an" OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 328June 6, 2021 6:51 PM

Wow, that wedding website is the tackiest fucking thing I've ever seen. The only thing cheaper than their reception is the registry. Thank god these two found each other because they've saved two other gays a life of misery.

by Anonymousreply 329June 6, 2021 6:55 PM

Try carnivore.

by Anonymousreply 330June 6, 2021 7:31 PM

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

by Anonymousreply 331June 6, 2021 7:33 PM

Why do I get the feeling that if they made a wedding video, it would look like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 6, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote] Obesity is the new smoking

Ever notice that one went up as the other went down? It’s got to be more than just a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 333June 6, 2021 7:35 PM

hissssssssssss

by Anonymousreply 334June 6, 2021 7:36 PM

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

by Anonymousreply 335June 6, 2021 7:36 PM

Everyone’s so fragile now. Sad!

I think it’s social media. You only get attention if you’re oppressed, so everyone wants to run to social media to claim oppression, so they’ll get likes and comments.

I guess it’s better than photos of your Starbucks drink. Actually, on second thought, I’d rather see the drink.

by Anonymousreply 336June 6, 2021 7:38 PM

They both look positively svelte to me!

by Anonymousreply 337June 6, 2021 7:39 PM

ssssssssssssssssssssssss

by Anonymousreply 338June 6, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] But I'd imagine it's a welcome change from crying in the car because Walmart doesn't stock a Volkswagon sized Hostess cupcake, or Burger King for not having a child's wading pool sized Mr. Pibb (Oh wait, he's on Keto: He'll have 4 Big Kings, a bushel of fries, 108 pack of chicken nuggets, a baker's dozen of pies, a gallon of honey mustard sauce, and a Diet Coke). Girl's gotta eat, ya'll.

Try the Mexican grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 339June 6, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]It's a crime punishable by death to be overweight in the gay lifestyle, isn't it?

Why do you think Yashar Ali has been publicly suicidal on Twitter for nearly two weeks now?

by Anonymousreply 340June 6, 2021 7:44 PM

Their pronouns are ketchup, gravy, and mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 341June 6, 2021 7:56 PM

Does he ever wonder why life went through all of the trouble of evolving anatomy for crying and hooked it to our limbic systems? We are supposed to cry, it removes stress hormone metabolites from the cerebrospinal fluid among other things. The thought of only crying twice in one's adult life sounds awfully emotionally constipated.

by Anonymousreply 342June 6, 2021 7:59 PM

They look positively skinny to me!

by Anonymousreply 343June 6, 2021 8:00 PM

He's only cried twice in his life because he doesn't drink water.

He drinks spaghetti sauce.

by Anonymousreply 344June 6, 2021 8:03 PM

Snap out of it, R344!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 6, 2021 8:05 PM

This thread is unBEARable.

by Anonymousreply 346June 6, 2021 8:21 PM

You’re right, R346. It looks like a GRIZZLY crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 347June 6, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote] the midget at my school hung out with the popular kids but it was more like them leading g him around like a pet goat or something.

A true inspiration to the children.

by Anonymousreply 348June 6, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]Yes, I've tried Keto.

He probably wasn't doing it right. I'm dieting because I porked-out during COVID and put on weight starting where I was already overweight. I started keto and one-meal-a-day the first week in March. I've dropped 37 lbs.

I love food. A lot. I watch food shows on TV and youtube all the time. I make all kinds of great meals for my partner, who is thin. I eat the protein and a salad for dinner. Period. Calories in, calories out.

by Anonymousreply 349June 6, 2021 8:38 PM

The waiter at the reception:

"Sir, would you like the chicken or the salmon?"

Bear: "Yes!"

by Anonymousreply 350June 6, 2021 8:41 PM

Mimosas at 8pm... just tacky as all get out. (Mimosas at a wedding, period- tacky.) These queens have no class.

by Anonymousreply 351June 6, 2021 8:45 PM

When are the less than perfect gay men going to realize and accept they have no right to be treated as well as those of us who are perfect gay men?

by Anonymousreply 352June 6, 2021 9:16 PM

These bitches have some expensive taste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 6, 2021 11:48 PM

Expensive do you think R353? I thought it was all pretty reasonable to good value/cheap. The Oxo Good Grips stuff is excellent quality. Not sure about the quality of some of that furniture though...

Unfortunately, the Honeymoon fund isn't going too well.

*They are going to need 3 plane seats and I assume that will be another complete surprise to him and cause untold angst filled outbursts and breakdown crying fits in an underground garage. Maybe more than one underground garage too. This is serious business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 7, 2021 12:44 AM

Weirdly the two people I trusted as friends who hurt me the most are both obese. They both were smart, witty and successful. One gossiped about personal information I shared with him in confidence. The other secretly catfished me while keeping friendship going. The hurt, shame and isolation they feel can come out in very unhealthy ways.

by Anonymousreply 355June 7, 2021 1:12 AM

Bottom-shelf champagne, ill-fitting suits, store-brand salami as an appetizer, the worst room in some shitty venue....honestly, just elope. Why pay for a cut-rate party? This is what symbolizes your love?

by Anonymousreply 356June 7, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote]Could he be a top?

Maybe with a team of Sherpas and a basecamp.

by Anonymousreply 357June 7, 2021 1:52 AM

Their surprise wedding performer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 7, 2021 1:59 AM

Yes but it's going to be top shelf, premium viewing for us R356.

by Anonymousreply 359June 7, 2021 2:02 AM

Anyone want to in with me for the side of cow on their registry?

by Anonymousreply 360June 7, 2021 2:47 AM

He's just your run of the mill attention whore. They're all over the web now.

by Anonymousreply 361June 7, 2021 3:25 AM

They wedding ceremony is to take place here on the roof of the Grace Museum in Abelene, Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Let's crash that shit, DL! Where the fuck is Abilene anyway?

by Anonymousreply 363June 7, 2021 4:00 AM

Abilene. Abilene. Purdiesst town I ever seen...

by Anonymousreply 364June 7, 2021 4:02 AM

Abilene is lezzing out with Daisy Mae in the barn. They let cousin Vern watch as long as he stays six feet away and keeps his hands out if his overalls.

by Anonymousreply 365June 7, 2021 4:08 AM

One of the many surprising things about coming out as a young gay, was how most of the big hairy bears were actually emotionally fragile little girls who were often hung like hamsters.

by Anonymousreply 366June 7, 2021 4:21 AM

More proof that gay men are women and lesbians are men, R366.

by Anonymousreply 367June 7, 2021 4:24 AM

Ugh that registry is so fucking bland ! Nothing of imagination ,its like an Ikea catalogue . Zero personality.

by Anonymousreply 368June 7, 2021 4:29 AM

[R366]

Oh…..I don’t know about that….I’ve been with some Bears with nice hefty meat……and they’re pretty fuckin hot.

by Anonymousreply 369June 7, 2021 4:31 AM

The bride must not be inviting any of his brethren if he's not having chairs at the reception.

by Anonymousreply 370June 7, 2021 4:34 AM

I agree, when you find a hung bear it's great, but wow, many of them did not live up to expectations at all. And a lot were just bat shit insane. No different than any other gay male type, I suppose. Too much Tom of Finland leads to unreasonable expectations.

by Anonymousreply 371June 7, 2021 4:34 AM

[quote]I agree, when you find a hung bear it's great, but wow, many of them did not live up to expectations at all. And a lot were just bat shit insane. No different than any other gay male type, I suppose. Too much Tom of Finland leads to unreasonable expectations.

The teddy bear on the bed pillow (often in toy bondage gear) is a SERIOUS dick-wilter for me.

by Anonymousreply 372June 7, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote] Indochina? Is that even a country?

It has changed its name to a less attractive name.

by Anonymousreply 373June 7, 2021 4:46 AM

A morbidly obese friend of mine died at 49 of a heart attack. I'm watching a guy I know get fatter and fatter. He's now at the point where he works about 4 hours a day and lays on his back the rest of the time. He has a wife and kid, but he's basically committing a slow suicide at age 44. He gained 90 pounds in a year and has since gained more.

I'm a decade older than he is and expect to outlive him.

The Fat Acceptance movement completely misses the point. Morbid obesity kills.

by Anonymousreply 374June 7, 2021 4:47 AM

Datalounge should a little something from the Registry. Perhaps the ten dollar silicone spatula.

by Anonymousreply 375June 7, 2021 5:35 AM

This thread is brutal.

by Anonymousreply 376June 7, 2021 5:37 AM

I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly!?!

by Anonymousreply 377June 7, 2021 5:39 AM

Abilene? So St Viola played an entire town in The Help?

by Anonymousreply 378June 7, 2021 5:41 AM

Many spatulas in that Registry.

by Anonymousreply 379June 7, 2021 5:42 AM

You can never go wrong with a donut wall at your wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380June 7, 2021 5:44 AM

Their list includes two retro dining chairs? Don't the chairs look a bit, um, delicate for the wailing whale?

by Anonymousreply 381June 7, 2021 5:46 AM

I'm starting to get Jodie's Wedding flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 382June 7, 2021 5:49 AM

Why are they advertising that they've tried Keto? If they had a threesome with the Green Hornet's valet/chauffeur, that's nobody's business.

by Anonymousreply 383June 7, 2021 6:03 AM

The article reads like parody.

Run, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 384June 7, 2021 6:10 AM

I remember watching an episode of the awful web series "Where The Bears Are". This pity party reads like something that would have been a plot point in WTBA.

by Anonymousreply 385June 7, 2021 6:13 AM

I just can’t understand allowing yourself to get so large. I’m not skinny. I’ve never had abs. But I just can’t imagine letting myself get as large as him. My waist has varied between 32 and 38 since my teens, being 34 for the majority of the time. When I hit 36 I tell myself to watch out and the one time I hit 38, I said get on the move fatass and got back to 34 in a few months. I know I’m still gay fat but I’m not crying about not being able to find clothes in stores.

by Anonymousreply 386June 7, 2021 6:14 AM

This is why God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman.

by Anonymousreply 387June 7, 2021 6:37 AM

R386 same. I put on pounds during the pandemic (couldn't travel, couldn't fuck, Grubhub was my therapy) and I was 250 and 6'1. The DAY I had my first physical (in April) I realized I needed to make a change. I've dropped 20 lbs since.

by Anonymousreply 388June 7, 2021 7:00 AM

R377 Well, he states on the Wedding page he is the 'bubbly' one.

by Anonymousreply 389June 7, 2021 7:01 AM

[quote] I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly!?!

Compared to Adolf Hitler, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 390June 7, 2021 7:15 AM

Here is the rooftop of the Grace Museum in Abilene, Texas where the ceremony and reception will be held.

Is it reinforced?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 7, 2021 7:27 AM

[quote]Indochina? Is that even a country?

Yes. And it's a Muslim country too.

by Anonymousreply 392June 7, 2021 7:30 AM

Vietnam used to be called French Indochina.

by Anonymousreply 393June 7, 2021 7:31 AM

This is possibly what the ceremony will look like.

Well, except the decorative palm leaves & floral display will be replaced with pancakes and waffles obviously. Will the frame be wide enough?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 7, 2021 7:56 AM

[quote] Most of you are just jealous that they’re getting married and you’re not…..they are most likely very nice guy men

Fuck you!!!! I think at the very least, I could find a man who would marry me and also is too fat to wear bespoke made to measure clothing.

by Anonymousreply 395June 7, 2021 8:00 AM

I understand how people gained weight in lockdown as you're wearing elastic waist sweats all the time.

But I would think that outgrowing your pants and having to buy new ones would be impetus enough to cut back on eating. Especially since you'd go through a period where you were struggling to get them closed and they'd be tight and uncomfortable all day.

by Anonymousreply 396June 7, 2021 9:39 AM

R167 I miss the time when I hadn't read this yet.

by Anonymousreply 397June 7, 2021 10:20 AM

Has the Wailing Whale been to the Wailing Wall? What is the cutoff for when a bear is not a bear and is a whale instead?

Wasn't that a Luther Vandross song about his own yo-yoing weight issues? "A Whale Is Not A Bear" by Bacharach and David.

by Anonymousreply 398June 7, 2021 10:49 AM

[quote] One of the many surprising things about coming out as a young gay, was how most of the big hairy bears were actually emotionally fragile little girls who were often hung like hamsters.

I don't know about the "hung like hamsters" part - but the emotionally fragile part, yes.

Few cliques/subcultures can be as dramatic and emotionally fragile as bears.

I've seen bear cliques be every bit as cunty as Mean Girls, with the accompanying drama. One bear group I encountered even called themselves the Plastics. Lots of drama and attitude.

And almost always, false advertising. You'd see handsome, masculine, well groomed guy, and then he'd open his mouth and you'd drown in a river of purses and silk scarves.

by Anonymousreply 399June 7, 2021 2:07 PM

I've always felt bad for effeminate bears.

Whatever smirks and behind their back looks effeminate twinks get is turned up to 11 when the six foot three hairy guy built like a linebacker starts queening out.

by Anonymousreply 400June 7, 2021 2:14 PM

[R400]

I like effeminate Bears…they’re sensitive, loving and caring…i even married one…..so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 401June 7, 2021 2:55 PM

Let us praise effeminate bears!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Being sensitive, loving and caring AND having people laugh at you behind your back because they're not expecting you to sound a certain way are not mutually exclusive R401

Though your defensiveness would seem to imply you are very aware of the reaction your husband gets.

by Anonymousreply 403June 7, 2021 3:03 PM

I don’t concern myself with such shallow people ….

by Anonymousreply 404June 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Besides..making fun of effeminate men isn’t isolated to effeminate Bears…..haters love to poke their sick humor at gay effeminate men or butch lesbians for that fact.

by Anonymousreply 405June 7, 2021 3:11 PM

You know it, gurrrrrrlina!

by Anonymousreply 406June 7, 2021 3:15 PM

I love hairy bears but this guy is more mammoth than bear—and he doesn’t seem particularly hairy.

Maybe his personality is great but he seems exhausting

by Anonymousreply 407June 7, 2021 3:17 PM

He writes “ As a fat person, I’ve learned to plan.”

How about planning smaller meals?

by Anonymousreply 408June 7, 2021 3:18 PM

He has probably tried every diet under the sun…only for the weight to return…perhaps having a loving cubbie in his life can help him with that..but if anything ….give him the unconditional love he seeks

by Anonymousreply 409June 7, 2021 3:38 PM

I hate the way society seems to be pushing for fat to be something to identify as. Frankly this whole need to have so many fuvking identities and constantly bring up intersectionality is just stupid. People need to realize they aren't all that special instead if trying to out do each other in the Olympics of "Suffering" and "opression". This adshole needs to dive back into a case if malamars and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 410June 7, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] I've seen bear cliques be every bit as cunty as Mean Girls,

Surely not as cunty as this thread!

by Anonymousreply 411June 7, 2021 3:43 PM

All this “bear” talk has me thinking. I’ve known some really sweet bear guys, but in all honesty I’ve never known an intelligent one. I think this fattie definitely falls under the “mentally challenged” category. Seriously put the fuckin fork down. The world needs to stop accommodating freaks like this. He needs to conform to standard clothing sizes. The world does not owe you anything sir.

by Anonymousreply 412June 7, 2021 4:02 PM

R266, what are you talking about? R263 isn't complaining about people being mean. He's talking about how it has been possible for many years to obtain Asian-made suits in US cities.

Did you identify the wrong poster? And how peculiar that your pointless post is upvoted at least 3 times.

by Anonymousreply 413June 7, 2021 4:03 PM

I don't wanna be that guy-but suits is spelled "suites" under the dress code.

by Anonymousreply 414June 7, 2021 4:04 PM

[R412]

Talk about fuckin stereotypes…..my Bear is major intelligent and you would not hold up 5 minutes in an intelectual debate. Your head is up your ass …fucker

by Anonymousreply 415June 7, 2021 4:09 PM

As I suspected, block R266 and you will find a flood of dark brown feces in her post history, about 30 posts in this thread alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 7, 2021 4:11 PM

You know, it's one thing to make fun of him for being fat, but mocking them for not having money to throw the million dollar affairs all you basemement dwellers are used to is something else.

by Anonymousreply 417June 7, 2021 4:14 PM

R293 has no clue what Datalounge is all about.

by Anonymousreply 418June 7, 2021 4:17 PM

Any grown man who calls himself 'bubbly' is an exhausting nervous queen.

by Anonymousreply 419June 7, 2021 4:24 PM

'All this “bear” talk has me thinking. I’ve known some really sweet bear guys, but in all honesty I’ve never known an intelligent one.'

I fit all the physical characteristics of a bear: stocky, shaved head and beard, lots of body hair. I'm also a successful, employed writer/journalist. I've never self-identified as a bear because I don't need to be part of a subculture in order to give my life meaning or purpose.

by Anonymousreply 420June 7, 2021 4:26 PM

R415 its a stuffed teddy bear isn't it? You talk to it don't you?

by Anonymousreply 421June 7, 2021 4:27 PM

[R420]

oh…..but you are a Bear ,whether you think of your self as one or not….you need someone to love you for the beautiful hairy ,stocky man you are….you have a lot of admirers whether you realize it or not.

by Anonymousreply 422June 7, 2021 4:36 PM

R415 - Well I sure hope “your bear” is intelligent, because it’s obvious that you’re a freaking moron. Your spelling, grammar and usage errors demonstrate your lack of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 423June 7, 2021 4:55 PM

[R423]

Is that the best you can do?

Sad….so sad

by Anonymousreply 424June 7, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote][R377] Well, he states on the Wedding page he is the 'bubbly' one.

Typo. He meant blubbery one.

by Anonymousreply 425June 7, 2021 5:12 PM

Over/under on the bottom calling him his "husbear"? (huswhale?)

by Anonymousreply 426June 7, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote] you would not hold up 5 minutes in an intelectual debate.

You didn't hold up until the end of your fucking sentence.

It's INTELLECTUAL, you FAT WHORE!!!

by Anonymousreply 427June 7, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote]you FAT WHORE!!!

Hopefully, she doesn't charge by the pound.

by Anonymousreply 428June 7, 2021 5:58 PM

Side Note: When I first came out and heard people refer to "bears" I thought it was a joke. The fact that fat hairy men self-identify as such and have parties and YouTube series and whatnot about this identity was up there in WTF-ness with the fact that there were men who got sexual pleasure from having two fists inserted in their anus.

by Anonymousreply 429June 7, 2021 6:02 PM

^^or that such a thing was even physically possible

by Anonymousreply 430June 7, 2021 6:03 PM

[R427]

You really are cruising for a bruising aren’t you sugar?

by Anonymousreply 431June 7, 2021 6:23 PM

I'm not the same person you were fighting with before, sugah.

So lick me where I shit.

by Anonymousreply 432June 7, 2021 6:26 PM

Here are my tips for losing those pesky extra pounds:

1. Whenever you don't feel like eating, don't! Even if it's in the morning when you're supposed to have something. The rare time that you don't feel like eating should be taken advantage of.

2. Eat very high quality food. When you do eat, you want to have a delightful experience so you don't feel cheated. For example, do not eat at Culver's. Food there tastes like it's been dipped in a gallon bag of salt.

3. Try to stay calm and peaceful throughout the day. Even the slightest feeling of discomfort makes our bodies feel out of whack, and then we want to self-medicate.

4. Don't try another addiction to replace your food addiction. It's so much worse.

by Anonymousreply 433June 7, 2021 6:34 PM

temper temper

by Anonymousreply 434June 7, 2021 6:35 PM

Do try to remain civil…your ugly side is showing my dear

by Anonymousreply 435June 7, 2021 6:36 PM

I'm only civil to those I respect.

by Anonymousreply 436June 7, 2021 6:37 PM

I'm guessing Bearalina is the kind of sparkle bear that has all female friends. So there will be a half dozen heifertitis as their bridesmaids.

Poor little cubby is looking through every address book, old Bear411 favorites list and even his HS yearbook to find six groomsmen who won't make Bearalina jealous or outflame him.

by Anonymousreply 437June 7, 2021 6:40 PM

Given that it's DL, perhaps you can settle your beef with a Hiss-Off

by Anonymousreply 438June 7, 2021 6:40 PM

So you’re not very civil…I see…..

by Anonymousreply 439June 7, 2021 6:41 PM

R416 and you're a lackwit cunt. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 440June 7, 2021 6:44 PM

C’mon..put em up…..hit me with your best shot

by Anonymousreply 441June 7, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] "A Whale Is Not A Bear" by Bacharach and David.

Then they were TERFs as is "Miss" Warwick who now looks and sounds like an old man.

by Anonymousreply 442June 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Girls! Girls! You're both fat fucks!

by Anonymousreply 443June 7, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]Do try to remain civil…your ugly side is showing my dear

Proper punctuation, like good manners, costs nothing.

by Anonymousreply 444June 7, 2021 8:13 PM

[R443]

Now that ‘Fat Fucks’ was totally uncalled for….whose side are you on anyway ?

by Anonymousreply 445June 7, 2021 8:25 PM

I stick my neck out and see the thanks I get?

by Anonymousreply 446June 7, 2021 8:27 PM

You ungrateful little bitches

by Anonymousreply 447June 7, 2021 8:28 PM

R445 they responded in the most appropriate way for the situation.

by Anonymousreply 448June 7, 2021 8:31 PM

The thought of getting married and having a wedding to mark it is... not appealing to me at all. Though this particular wedding seems like it could be quite profitable.

by Anonymousreply 449June 7, 2021 8:32 PM

Profitable?….please tell me more..

by Anonymousreply 450June 7, 2021 9:00 PM

R416 is a sad, fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 451June 7, 2021 9:25 PM

My husband and I married in SF City Hall when it was decorated for Christmas. Beautiful and none of this tacky mess but good for these guys. I hope fatty doesn't trip and wipe out the mimosa or bologna stands.

by Anonymousreply 452June 7, 2021 9:43 PM

You know that post started out so nice and then digressed into disgusting fat shaming

by Anonymousreply 453June 7, 2021 9:46 PM

Mimosas for brunch, something resembling decent champagne for getting hitched.

by Anonymousreply 454June 7, 2021 9:52 PM

I hope they don't read this thread. he will have to ask his partner to move out for 2 days while he wails for the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 455June 7, 2021 9:58 PM

If the wailing violet is the husbear what is the partner called?

by Anonymousreply 456June 7, 2021 10:04 PM

This thread will end in bears.

by Anonymousreply 457June 7, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote] do not eat at Culver's. Food there tastes like it's been dipped in a gallon bag of salt.

Really, their food tastes less salty to me then many places. But, I only eat there a few times a year, as a treat.

[quote] My husband and I married in SF City Hall when it was decorated for Christmas. Beautiful and none of this tacky mess but good for these guys.

Reminds me of when I did genealogical research. I didn't realize how common it used to be for couples to just announce their wedding during the regular church service and invite the congregation to remain, if they wish. Then they would just have the ceremony immediately after the worship service. Christmas and right after Easter seemed to be the most popular times of year, I guess because the churches were already decorated.

by Anonymousreply 458June 7, 2021 10:24 PM

Beer and tacos would be better than cold cuts and fruity drinks. Who drinks a mimosa while gnawing on a chunk of salami? Barf.

by Anonymousreply 459June 7, 2021 10:45 PM

It isn't on their registry but here is my very practical gift for the new couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460June 7, 2021 10:55 PM

Does this fatass not know about big & tall stores? Where else does he buy his everyday elephantine apparel? Or was he just hung up on the fact that if anyone complimented him on his suit his response could have been... thanks, it's custom Indochino, while beaming with pride?

by Anonymousreply 461June 7, 2021 11:05 PM

R461 exactly but then he wouldn't have been able to close his stupid post with that oh so clever $1000 fat fee line. He probably thought it up while wailing and couldnt get home fast enough to jot it down.

by Anonymousreply 462June 7, 2021 11:20 PM

Imagine being in such a position that you have the luxury if not only overfeeding yourself but buying custom made clothing to hide your giant ass encountering a minor inconvenience but still bring so fuvking self absorbed you go online to whine about it like you're some champion for the downtrodden oppressed by society.

by Anonymousreply 463June 7, 2021 11:23 PM

It seems this person is advertising himself to take some responsible job.

He claims to be "an activist".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464June 7, 2021 11:24 PM

Since when is livestock allowed to hold political office. Stay in your barn heifer.

by Anonymousreply 465June 7, 2021 11:26 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that both those suits, the $500 one and the $1500 custom made one were charged to a credit card and that they will still be paying them off five years from now.

Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 466June 7, 2021 11:54 PM

I just read this on his website - and yes, there was abuse and food issues when he was growing up. Very sad and can explain a lot. This is on his statement why he is running for office:

"I’m running because I owe a debt that I cannot repay because I lived a story I cannot forget.

Growing up, my father was pretty abusive. We lived everyday not knowing where food was going to come from or if it was going to come at all. People who grew up with me remember mayonnaise sandwiches as something fun when the babysitter wasn’t paying attention or didn’t care. But they literally kept me from starving.

Some memories are very vivid even today I remember my father had a green filing cabinet. It was an odd evergreen color with metallic flecks that made the actual color hard to place. It was covered in cattle association stickers. I remember it so well because on one occasion, when I was six or seven, my face spent quite some time pressed upside down against it. My hands and feet were tied together behind my back and I was locked in a dark closet. That was my father.

My mother stayed because there wasn’t another option and in fact, when we did leave we were forced to go on public assistance just to stay alive. I watched that decision take so much dignity from my mom but I believe it literally saved my life.

So I’ve benefited from social programs, and I know so many others who have too. In elementary school I was able to get a great education from Ranger Elementary. I remember one teacher, Mrs. Rutledge, who had her own suspicions about my home life and would make excuses to bring home class projects that I ‘forgot’. She did this outside the work hours of her full-time career as a teacher. So I’ve benefited from state employees who cared about my well being.

In school I had the opportunity to do well, no matter what was happening at home. At school I could excel. I could use my natural talents and curious nature to take advantage of opportunities I could only dream of if my family had had to pay. I had access to a compassionate and kind counselor when I would have panic attacks during class at no cost to me or my family. Public education saved my life. I owe a debt that I cannot repay."

Fuck - now I feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 467June 7, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] hold political office

Is there a wage for this political office?

by Anonymousreply 468June 7, 2021 11:55 PM

R467 I had a horribly abusive childhood as well and I struggle with my weight much like this guy. He would have my sympathy but for his complete narcissism. The way society treats fat, disabled or anyone that's different sucks but the event he cites ad the breaking point is just idiotic. Not to mention the liberties he takes with the truth. His neighbors are probably tired of his plaintive and piercing wails making their dogs bark every other week.

by Anonymousreply 469June 8, 2021 12:03 AM

I can relate. I received a 'Dear John' letter from my former partner. He said he could no longer bear witness to my self inflicted ego assassination because of my obsessive fixation on my excess body fat. The part that's driving me mad is that he started the letter "Dear Ton". My name is Tom. Was this a typo?

by Anonymousreply 470June 8, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote]My husband and I married in SF City Hall

Did he get hit by a bus?

by Anonymousreply 471June 8, 2021 1:40 AM

Eating a pound of bacon a day isn’t the best way to try keto

by Anonymousreply 472June 8, 2021 1:47 AM

He spent $1500 on a custom made suit. This is why they are having Korbel and juice, cold cuts and no place to actually sit during a two hour reception. They spent their budget on fatty's wide load.

by Anonymousreply 473June 8, 2021 4:43 AM

I feel bad too now R467.

by Anonymousreply 474June 8, 2021 5:04 AM

Don't feel bad for him. He LOVES playing the victim. He revels in it.

by Anonymousreply 475June 8, 2021 5:09 AM

R475 That seems to be true of the majority of people today.

by Anonymousreply 476June 8, 2021 5:12 AM

Shuddup R476 and stop looking at me!!

by Anonymousreply 477June 8, 2021 7:05 AM

Which one of you bitches sent this thread to Bearalina?

by Anonymousreply 478June 8, 2021 1:43 PM

It’s obvious Bear is dealing with childhood trauma..so he eats for comfort….so give him a fuckin break !

by Anonymousreply 479June 8, 2021 2:44 PM

And besides that …obesity is a genetic disorder…new drugs are coming out soon to treat it.

by Anonymousreply 480June 8, 2021 2:48 PM

R478. Why? Be they wailing about it somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 481June 8, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]And besides that …obesity is a genetic disorder…

Bullshit R480.

by Anonymousreply 482June 8, 2021 4:22 PM

Two very well-fed white men in a developed country crying and complaining about something related to their expensive-ass wedding.

by Anonymousreply 483June 8, 2021 4:26 PM

It doesn't actually look that expensive, r483.

by Anonymousreply 484June 8, 2021 4:28 PM

If you're not going to pay attention, R483, then don't play. Their wedding is decidedly NOT expensive as already has been pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 485June 8, 2021 4:29 PM

R479. No one forced him to take to the internet and bitch about his fat ass. He could wail into the heavens while free basing powdered sugar and guzzling gallons dr pepper and no one would give a shit cept his need to be a victim.

by Anonymousreply 486June 8, 2021 4:32 PM

First world, aren't we, R485? The suit's $1100. That's expensive to me.

R485 is fat and defensive.

by Anonymousreply 487June 8, 2021 4:32 PM

R485 while it looks cheap they probably way overpaid because they seem exactly that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 488June 8, 2021 4:33 PM

R483 finds orange juice and bologna divine.

by Anonymousreply 489June 8, 2021 4:34 PM

If you think it's so expensive, take it up with all the posters who were poor shaming them earlier. Oh, that's right-you don't have time to actually read threads, just post your knee jerk reactions.

by Anonymousreply 490June 8, 2021 4:35 PM

Math R487

Bottom's suit was "just over" $500* and Bear's suit was an extra $1K, so 500+1000 = $1500

Or were you just providing an average

(*He did not mention whether Bottom got anything else--shirt, tie, shoes, socks--for his $500, but as per website linked below, Indochino's "wedding suits" are between $400 and $450 and they have a $75 off coupon on the home page. "Custom" suits for what you'd pay for a Banana Republic brand suit is much of their selling point.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 8, 2021 5:13 PM

Banana Republic brand suits, for price comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492June 8, 2021 5:17 PM

^^And before any of you get bent out of shape, I am not highlighting BR suits as a measure of class or high priced attire, but rather what a basic mall store charges for a suit and why a place like Indochino, which can give you "custom" (or the appearance thereof) for the same price or less, has been successful.

by Anonymousreply 493June 8, 2021 5:19 PM

Since he's American, could it be retaliation for the atomic bomb?

by Anonymousreply 494June 8, 2021 5:40 PM

You expect him to get in a BR suit?

by Anonymousreply 495June 8, 2021 5:44 PM

Queerty is nicer than we are.

Sam told Queerty he had been overwhelmed by the response to his posting.

“It has been incredibly uplifting to see that my story resonates with so many people. As a queer person, I know what it’s like to be excluded for who I am. I know what it’s like to be disparaged or not to be taken seriously. Most queer people know what that feels like.

“Being large isn’t the same as my queer experience, but it is similar. I think that’s what has resonated so much. People know what it feels like to be excluded for being different. They know what it’s like to try and pass as straight in an interview or to be the volunteer that takes the photo so you don’t have to be in it. They know the general malaise the concerns over this are met with. Day after day.

“I hope that maybe this can be the start of a conversation about what difference means. That maybe, someday soon, we can see each other for the complex, compassionate, beautiful creatures we all are. That we meet each other with dignity and respect instead of trying to explain why we’re better.”

He said Indochino had reached out to him and informed him, “They are working in the short-term to make sure that it is clear on their site where the sizing options end for in-store suits.”

Queerty reached out to Indochino. A spokesperson sent the following statement.

“We are disheartened to learn of Sam’s experience in our showroom and apologize for making him feel excluded or in any way ashamed about his body. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional experiences for our customers and we let Sam down. We have connected directly with Sam to learn more about his experience and understand how we can improve as a company.

“While we would love to be able to accommodate every person; the made-to-measure pattern technology used in our showrooms does have limitations. Our alternative online pattern, although not limitless, is able to accommodate a wider range; however, we have found historically that customers who are body diverse are not always successful in achieving a satisfying fit using this option.

“As immediate next steps, we are adding clarity to our website so that customers are aware of the restrictions of our pattern, and we are driving greater awareness around body diversity within the organization.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496June 8, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]“I hope that maybe this can be the start of a conversation about what difference means."

Why must EVERYTHING now become a "conversation" or "dialogue"?

by Anonymousreply 497June 8, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] She also gave me the name and number of a good tailor.

Which is the option he should've thought of from the beginning.

Unless you're a drama queen, go bespoke and save yourself the tears.

by Anonymousreply 498June 8, 2021 6:02 PM

Im still mystified as to what Indochino did wrong.

by Anonymousreply 499June 8, 2021 6:10 PM

R499 their computers didn't go up to a size 66 waist. The monsters!

by Anonymousreply 500June 8, 2021 6:11 PM

you made that up……

by Anonymousreply 501June 8, 2021 6:24 PM

[R498]

I thought that too….if your heavy you’ve probably ran into this size issue before…just find a tailor. done deal…no tears

by Anonymousreply 502June 8, 2021 6:27 PM

or send cubbie around to scout out a good place to get a suit for Bear

by Anonymousreply 503June 8, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] He could wail into the heavens while free basing powdered sugar

LOL. You're a funny bitch, R486. I know I shouldn't be laughing about his weight problems but your comment about free basing powdered sugar made me cackle. That's a funny mental picture.

by Anonymousreply 504June 8, 2021 8:16 PM

Haven't read the thread (plan to enjoy the meltdowns after work tonight), but I have really big feet. Many stores don't carry my size. I realize that I am not the norm and therefore, have to put in a little more effort in finding appropriate footwear.

Big fucking deal. I certainly don't cry over it.

And unlike this guy, I can't change the size of my feet.

by Anonymousreply 505June 8, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] Big fucking deal. I certainly don't cry over it.

Do you wail, though?

by Anonymousreply 506June 8, 2021 8:35 PM

I'm surprised at just how much this annoys me especially seeing friends share it in social media and everyone feeling sorry for this idiot. I have a fairly nice suit and I am as fat a fuck as this wailing sasquatch. It's not impossible and not the worst thing. But what do I know? Maybe i am a victim of society too.

by Anonymousreply 507June 8, 2021 8:44 PM

R507, come on int! The water is fine.

(And if the water isn't fine? Just post something on Insta about how the water that is too hot/cold and triggered a life altering trauma that makes you unable to continue breathing.)

by Anonymousreply 508June 8, 2021 9:06 PM

[R507]

oh that’s nice…an.obese man ‘bitch-slapping’ a more obese man This fuckin world has just gone to the fuckin dogs….fuck

by Anonymousreply 509June 8, 2021 9:34 PM

I can't imagine there isn't a market for high end (or at least not low end) suits for extremely fat men.

If such a thing does not exist, one of you fashion queens should start it.

by Anonymousreply 510June 8, 2021 9:39 PM

R509 oh fuck off. I certainly dont think he should be treated badly because he's fat. He posted a poorly written idiotic diatribe railing about society and the premium placed on him for being fat and it's just stupid and clueless.

by Anonymousreply 511June 8, 2021 9:48 PM

Exactly R511, sometimes the victim really is to blame because nobody threw this bear a pity-party except himself - he's whiny, self-centered and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 512June 8, 2021 9:52 PM

He's not fat, he's big boned.

by Anonymousreply 513June 8, 2021 10:51 PM

R467

Crap. Trauma changes the brain. Not fair to make fun of this chubby bear. He's desperately trying to soothe his "fight/flight" instincts.

He needs serious therapy (i.e. once a week for the rest of his life) and self-soothing techniques. This stuff is something you manage for your whole life. You don't get "back to normal". Just read the Dr Perry book that accompanies Oprah's new show.

by Anonymousreply 514June 8, 2021 10:55 PM

I don't think he should go into politics. It sounds like compensation for the shame to me. Day to day life is stressful enough for him.

by Anonymousreply 515June 8, 2021 10:57 PM

R480

I believe this is partly true. Isn't it the study of epigenetics? If exposed to enough cortisol (=stress of childhood trauma), your body chemistry starts to change and you become more predisposed to addictive tendencies and physical illness.

by Anonymousreply 516June 8, 2021 11:00 PM

How much does this big queen have to suffer before he starts cutting calories?

by Anonymousreply 517June 8, 2021 11:10 PM

I bet they use the word n i g g e r when no one is around.

by Anonymousreply 518June 8, 2021 11:16 PM

^ ????

by Anonymousreply 519June 8, 2021 11:18 PM

As long as they voted for Joe Biden, that makes them Black, which makes it okay for them to use it and this thread racist.

by Anonymousreply 520June 8, 2021 11:20 PM

I believe the number of posts in this thread is getting very close to their combined weight.

by Anonymousreply 521June 8, 2021 11:55 PM

The going to the parking garage to wail part is where it gets really funny for me. I’m just imagining what people who were innocently getting in or out of their cars and heard that blubbering must have thought.

by Anonymousreply 522June 9, 2021 12:23 AM

I bet he was really crying because he missed the buy one get one free Entenmanns sale."You told me it was on until tuesday! waaahhhh !"

by Anonymousreply 523June 9, 2021 12:27 AM

So Queerty gets their news articles from Datalounge? I guess that makes sense. We've seen it happen before.

by Anonymousreply 524June 9, 2021 12:46 AM

[R518]

you are a racist + asshole hater slime …

by Anonymousreply 525June 9, 2021 1:09 AM

That fucking article that R496 posted from Queerty is preposterous on so many levels.

Indochino have been incredibly generous, accommodating and have literally bent over backwards for this deeply pathetic, grossly obese person who lives to blame everyone else for his issues.

He actually said this to the sales assistant; “Sorrowful, holding back tears, I said, ‘It doesn’t say anywhere on your site that I wouldn’t fit. You have to understand how embarrassing and hurtful this is.’

If I were the sales assistant, I would have smiled politely and handed him the contact details for Greenpeace so he could arrange to be towed back out to sea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526June 9, 2021 3:38 AM

It could have been me!

by Anonymousreply 527June 9, 2021 4:00 AM

If you go to his political candidate website (where he posted this monument to entitled millennial self-pity) there is a picture of him taken from a 3/4 side angle, as opposed to straight on, and Holy Cannoli this boy is HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 528June 9, 2021 4:08 AM

I’m glad a big guy like him was able to find love but he’s still so whiney and girleen

by Anonymousreply 529June 9, 2021 4:13 AM

It [bold]WILL[/bold] be you R527!

by Anonymousreply 530June 9, 2021 8:50 AM

Holy Fuck!!! In my younger years I had the opposite problem. I'm barely 5'6 (technically 5'5 1/2) and until my later 20s, I was also pretty thin. Sometimes I had a difficult time finding clothing and would have no choice but to buy from the youth department. What fucking ever.

When I was about 23 or so, I remember shopping with my then partner who snickered as I purchased a boys winter jacket! Oh, the humanity! And hey, I wasn't shopping in boys wear because I never saw a pizza I didn't like. Nope. I was just shortish and thin. Now, I'm still short and need to lose 15 lbs. Life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 531June 9, 2021 9:14 AM

R528: The pic with suspenders is a tell. Too big for a belt.

by Anonymousreply 532June 9, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] I’m just imagining what people who were innocently getting in or out of their cars and heard that blubbering must have thought.

How the fuck did he beach himself so far inland?

by Anonymousreply 533June 9, 2021 12:41 PM

They probably thought …why is that Bear so sad? and then showed him a little fucking compassion.

by Anonymousreply 534June 9, 2021 1:50 PM

Did you email in a parking garage after that winter coat purchase r531?

by Anonymousreply 535June 9, 2021 2:29 PM

Oops meant wail

by Anonymousreply 536June 9, 2021 2:29 PM

You're not the only one R531

I am 5'11, but have always been pretty lean and up into my mid-20s could easily fit into a Brooks Brothers boys size 20 shirt .

Two added bonuses were that the shirts actually fit better--Brooks shirts run very baggy, and that they were half the price.

I did not cry when I bought them, in fact I was not sad at all.

by Anonymousreply 537June 9, 2021 2:56 PM

If only NancyBear had heeded the wise words of Misses Peter Allen & Melissa Manchester:

Don't cry out loud. Just keep it inside. Learn how to hide your feelings. (Seriously, STFU.)

"Remember... Only YOU can prevent mortifying displays of bottomless emotional need."

by Anonymousreply 538June 9, 2021 4:01 PM

NancyBear? what the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 539June 9, 2021 4:46 PM

There are WAY too many names: bear, muscle bear, otter, wolf, etc.

For such a sub-category of a sub-category of a subcategory, of the world, is this just a cry for relevance?

by Anonymousreply 540June 9, 2021 5:06 PM

Myocardial infarction in 3......2.......1!!!

Time to start searching for a used piano box 💀

by Anonymousreply 541June 9, 2021 6:15 PM

Turn that frown upside down Gal Gigante... this will give you a chuckle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 9, 2021 6:40 PM

[R540]

Yes…I’m having a difficult time keeping up with all the different delineations

by Anonymousreply 543June 9, 2021 7:26 PM

I don't get it. He eats his feelings but he also expresses them? You can't have your cake and eat it too, Fatty!

Well, I suppose he eats everyone's cake.

by Anonymousreply 544June 9, 2021 7:32 PM

That's a lot of feelings.

by Anonymousreply 545June 9, 2021 11:41 PM

They are still a bear and an otter and I bet the bear facesits the otter into bliss.

by Anonymousreply 546June 9, 2021 11:45 PM

His life would have been so much easier if he could gotten a suit at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 547June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

God MAD TV was fucking hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 548June 10, 2021 12:16 AM

R547 Even Walmart, with their "large" customer base, doesn't carry suits that big.

by Anonymousreply 549June 10, 2021 12:44 AM

Is he shaming himself for the twenty minute wailing session? That was probably the best thing he could have done for himself, as in 'turns out I needed a good cry.'

And incidentally, tears are for when the soul can't say what it wants to with words.

by Anonymousreply 550June 10, 2021 1:43 AM

I cannot believe their gift registry isn't at Carvel.

by Anonymousreply 551June 10, 2021 5:32 AM

Will the bear and his cub be doing an amateur porn video next to reveal their newfound pride in their bodies?

by Anonymousreply 552June 10, 2021 11:55 AM

He could have purchased a tent and cut a hole in it R547.

Does anyone remember the "shame inducing showers" from the Mitchfest threads? Well, this would be a hysterics reducing tent. A win, win for budget and comfort.

by Anonymousreply 553June 10, 2021 12:00 PM

[quote] Does anyone remember the "shame inducing showers" from the Mitchfest threads?

No. Can you explain? (Not being snarky, it sounds like it will be very funny)

by Anonymousreply 554June 10, 2021 12:05 PM

Awww sorry R554. You had to be there.

Long time DLers will remember the threads. They were very funny (can't breathe, shit your pants laughing funny) and featured both real and made up postings from the Mitchfest discussion board as attendees planned and dissected how the festival would work, the games and activities, the rules, the jobs and how they would get there - and of course and most importantly - who/what was EXCLUDED or not tolerated. The Mitchfest threads were a yearly event and a jewel of the Datalounge calendar. The "Shame Inducing Showers" comment was from a real person and a DLer copied her increasingly bizarre posts from the discussion board and posted them in the Mitchfest threads for us to read and discuss.

That's the best I can do. I'm sure you could search and find archived Mitchfest threads.

by Anonymousreply 555June 10, 2021 12:14 PM

R555 = R553 obviously.

by Anonymousreply 556June 10, 2021 12:15 PM

Got it R555 - thanks

by Anonymousreply 557June 10, 2021 12:16 PM

Here's one from 2013 R557. Also - it's spelled Michfest sorry.

Google "Datalounge Michfest" for more if interested. There's lots of threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558June 10, 2021 12:21 PM

He needs to learn self-tapping from Prince Harry.

by Anonymousreply 559June 10, 2021 12:29 PM

I have made my share of snarky fat jokes, etc but this piece really made me think what it is like to deal with being fat. I'm no Greek God myself, so maybe I'll start being a little more empathetic. Life is hard enough as it is. I hope you have a wonderful wedding wearing the suit of your dreams, OP.

by Anonymousreply 560June 10, 2021 12:29 PM

I thought the showers were shame reducing. Either way he needs one

by Anonymousreply 561June 10, 2021 2:28 PM

It is racist to compare fat jokes to racism.

by Anonymousreply 562June 10, 2021 2:28 PM

When you have no real personality you have to go with your individual peculiarities. He’s a fat fuck. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 563June 10, 2021 3:01 PM

The viciousness in this thread is so extra.

Especially considering how many of you are talking walls of feces and fat yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 564June 10, 2021 10:48 PM

I went on his facebook. Typically small town liberal gay.

by Anonymousreply 565June 10, 2021 11:17 PM

Looks like we're gonna need a part II. There is so much more to this story yet to come. The wedding, the mimosa bar at 8 pm, the charcuteries, seeing the actual suit for the first time, the guests, the venue and inevitable articles which will be written which will feature the words brave and stunning and weeping etc.

Oh the fascination yet to be revealed!

by Anonymousreply 566June 11, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote] Typically small town liberal gay.

This is a thing?

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 567June 11, 2021 12:49 AM

OMG…will this thread ever die a natural death?

by Anonymousreply 568June 11, 2021 1:19 AM

No R568.

by Anonymousreply 569June 11, 2021 1:34 AM

I have it on good authority that Andre Leon Talley will be the flower girl. He'll make the two of them look positively ANOREXIC!

by Anonymousreply 570June 11, 2021 3:43 AM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 11, 2021 4:14 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 11, 2021 4:15 AM

That was a bit early R572!

by Anonymousreply 573June 11, 2021 10:06 AM

R535, no, I didn't not.

by Anonymousreply 574June 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Oops, * did not *

by Anonymousreply 575June 11, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote]It's not as if millions of other people haven't successfully lost weight.

It actually is. People have spent years posting all the research showing that weight loss is only rarely successful and permanent but Dataloungers are committed to believing what they want, rather than the truth. If they had to acknowledge the truth then they'd have to acknowledge that they're not very smart, and generally a bunch of old biddies who bitch about nothing just because they're miserable.

The reason I know they're not very smart is that I've been here so long that I'm 100% certain at least 10 separate DLers will be positively drooling with anticipation of calling me a "fattie" for what I posted. They'll then go to a thread about department stores that closed 65 years ago and bemoan the lack of civilization in the world today.

by Anonymousreply 576June 11, 2021 1:50 PM

R576 - “Dataloungers are committed to believing what they want, rather than the truth.”

The “truth” is subjective. My beliefs ARE my truths.

by Anonymousreply 577June 11, 2021 2:07 PM

When mother would take me to tea at Best and Company it would have been laughable to have seen women without gloves on. Flip flops were solely the province of the beach club, to be worn on the journey to and from your towel. No one showed their smelly feet! I still dream of those days and how elegant it felt, not like today when shopping is just ghastly with all those bare feet about!

The other thing you never saw was great big fat people like R576. They knew their place and, besides, the chairs at Best were not particularly sturdy.

Have you tried the grapefruit diet R576? That, Tab and melba toast were always Mother's standbys when the club was having a dance and she needed to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 578June 11, 2021 2:16 PM

Remember when you would go to a Department Store and be directed to the "Husky" section of the Men's Department?

by Anonymousreply 579June 11, 2021 2:42 PM

I for one love the threads about old department stores

by Anonymousreply 580June 11, 2021 5:58 PM

It's one thing to make jokes, but it's another thing altogether to pretend obesity has no health consequences.

by Anonymousreply 581June 11, 2021 6:04 PM

R576 - you are correct in stating that for many many people it is hard to keep off the weight they lost dieting; but it is also true that in the not so recent past it was very unusual for someone to get a large as the groom-to-be -- bodies that size were around, but they were rare, and now they are unfortunately fairly common. So while it is not realistic to think someone built like our sad-bear could ever diet down to a six-pack and stay there, he could certainly get his weight under control and be a big guy, but not an enormous one. Perhaps diets don't "work," but the way many Americans eat today isn't working either.

by Anonymousreply 582June 11, 2021 6:09 PM

This cow could easily drop 200 lbs and get down to 260, which is not svelte, but for his height would look fine.

by Anonymousreply 583June 11, 2021 6:20 PM

Surgery.

by Anonymousreply 584June 11, 2021 6:37 PM

try face slaps

by Anonymousreply 585June 11, 2021 6:39 PM

Dr. Naz is in Texas for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 586June 11, 2021 6:49 PM

So is Dr. Now from [italic]My 600 Pound Life[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 587June 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Somehow very few people got this big in past generations, even if they had big frames. Yes, it's difficult to lose weight and keep it off but also, it's true that if you eat sensibly and get some exercise you can lose wieght (and you don't put it on in the first place).

by Anonymousreply 588June 11, 2021 11:05 PM

A lot of people eat like farmers, but the problem with eating a ton of farm/peasant food is that few people are doing the hard, physical labour like old-school farmers did. Who's out plowing the back 40 by hand, then fixing fences, building barns etc...like previous generations did. That's why old farmer types never got fat. You can't eat like that unless you're doing a ton of hard physical work.

by Anonymousreply 589June 11, 2021 11:40 PM

It's also American portion sizes.

I am 4th generation American, so not claiming any Euro-ness, but I am always shocked that someone can eat an appetizer, entree and dessert at most US restaurants. I am usually stuffed after the appetizer.

by Anonymousreply 590June 12, 2021 12:21 AM

Poor white trash who feed their young children the garbage from McDonald’s is exactly how adults like this fatty are made. When children are developing and growing is when they need the most nutrients. I am so grateful that Mom put homemade dinner on the table every single night. And we were not rich back then. Lazy parents caused these issues for the Shrek lookalike in this article. Parents are most likely fat as well.

by Anonymousreply 591June 12, 2021 12:53 AM

The parents are fat R591. Someone posted a pic of the otter's parent upthread somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 592June 12, 2021 1:18 AM

Eight posts away from the goal line and you fuckers are letting this die?

by Anonymousreply 593June 12, 2021 2:44 PM

Has Demi Lovato commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 594June 12, 2021 5:56 PM

The only wailing this tub-o-lard should be making noise about are screams of joy he is marrying someone under 200lbs.

by Anonymousreply 595June 13, 2021 1:10 AM

The short little otter husband needs to make sure he’s the listed beneficiary on everything. Makes it easier to claim property when the fat fuck husband dies, even though “legally” married (could get some pushback with the gay thing.)

by Anonymousreply 596June 13, 2021 1:27 AM

How many of you predicted this would go to 600 when you read it?

I certainly did not.

We are in BRF/ChalaHammer territory at 600.

by Anonymousreply 597June 13, 2021 2:11 AM

I'm honored R597

by Anonymousreply 598June 13, 2021 2:14 AM

So to sum it up,a computer fat shamed him ? How would anyone know unless he told them? You think the computer sent messages to all its friends tee heeing about his fat ?

by Anonymousreply 599June 13, 2021 2:18 AM

Am I reply #600?

by Anonymousreply 600June 13, 2021 2:21 AM

Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 601June 13, 2021 2:22 AM

Where's part 2, OP?

by Anonymousreply 602June 13, 2021 2:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!