Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: See inside Bill Gates’ secret love nest with gal pal Ann Winblad

There's so much wood it's painful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2021 7:59 PM

I read she is now married to Kevin Kline's brother.

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2021 1:38 AM

In that pic what is that cow patty on his head? Is he wearing fake hair now?

This whole thing reeks of 'mid-life crisis'. Only unlike Bezos, he doesn't realize that was 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2021 1:38 AM

It's fucking hideous.

With his money he couldn't hook her/them up with something a: nicer and b: more private?

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2021 1:51 AM

I read about this arrangement years ago and thought how odd but, hey, if I was married to a gazillionaire, I could loan him out for a weekend a year.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2021 1:51 AM

She's no Phoebe Cates.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2021 1:52 AM

Why is there plywood on all the walls? It's ghastly in every way.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2021 1:55 AM

My guess is he saw this movie and his aspie brain fixated on the concept.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2021 1:58 AM

How Dare Him!

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2021 1:58 AM

If you’re a billionaire there’s no such thing as a secret getaway. They need room for security. You know he’s fully staffed.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2021 2:01 AM

I didn't say secret, I said private. All of the houses are on top of each other. It's just gross

That really is plywood, isn't it? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2021 2:08 AM

So has this been a Charles-Camilla kind of thing? Obviously Melinda is no Diana but did she have a James Hewitt?

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2021 2:13 AM

The photo of the side piece somehow fits.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2021 2:16 AM

The opposite of glamour, luxury, charm or anything appealing. Boggles the mind. Maybe it's a testament to their love that they didn't notice how awful their surroundings were.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2021 2:19 AM

THAT's the other woman he's divorcing for? Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2021 2:26 AM

No, R14. That's his old gf who he still gets one weekend a year with.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2021 2:27 AM

You can't be carefree and scream when you're fucking in a place like that, the whole street will hear you.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2021 2:30 AM

He's a love rat with a love nest! Next think you know he'll be showing off his pert derriere! Or-- heaven forbid-- flaunting his bikini body!

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2021 2:32 AM

They view quadratic equations as foreplay building building building to...

Star Trek chess - involving the entire cast of Star Trek Voyager standing on a checkerboard of plywood. LeVar Burton will shoot “Jeopardy” around that Summer weekend.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2021 2:37 AM

The blue metal folding chairs are a unique touch for sure.

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2021 2:43 AM

The house itself is nice, just the plywood paneling is horrible. At least he didn't cheat on her with some bimbo 35 years younger.

Non story, relationships end sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Bill owns time-share rights to Patty Duke’s corpse and uses her as a king; she doesn’t move easily.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Curious how each thread has people actively trying to discourage gossip on a gossip board. Makes me wonder if something more juicy is coming. Gates must not work with Sunshine Sachs, they would be screeching that we are all racists or fat. PR tactics are woefully ineffective on DL and actually encourage more speculation.

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2021 2:47 AM

They don't have human sex that special weekend once a year! For Gates Pon Farr, they do a Vulcan mindmeld, order Pizzahut pizza to be delivered and drink a case of Volt cola.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2021 2:49 AM

WTF is Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Link to "love nest"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2021 2:52 AM

r24 DON'T ENGAGE! It brings out the MM loons.

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2021 2:53 AM

Oops, sorry, link was for the other thread

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2021 2:53 AM

So they were fucking once a year even though she's older than he is, they're both married, and Gates looks like he hasn't had a sexual impulse his entire life?

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2021 2:56 AM

Honestly r28 maybe there wasn't any sex. Maybe they just talked. He's autistic and many of them have very low sex drives.

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2021 2:59 AM

R29 but OP said there was a lot of painful wood. Is Gates hung?

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2021 3:01 AM

They could have gotten cheap folding WOODEN chairs at an Ikea. Wouldn't folding metal chairs rust in a beach house? Shades of a church basement, lol.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote] "Shockwaves were sent around the world when the most powerful philanthropic couple, Bill and Melinda Gates, announced they were divorcing after 27 years of marriage."

I don't recall any shockwaves. Dramatic much, NY Post?

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2021 3:25 AM

Eeek, man.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2021 3:52 AM

She looks like Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend, just a little older

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Knotty PINE?!?

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2021 4:02 AM

The folding metal chairs bring a lovely touch of distraction to the at times overwhelming wood panels in the house.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2021 4:03 AM

So this is like Prince Charles/Camilla deal. So why didn’t he just marry this chick to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2021 4:07 AM

I can’t understand why you wouldn’t throw some paint on those walls. Cheap fix that would make the place look 1000 times better.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2021 4:11 AM

Knotty PLYWOOD r35

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2021 4:17 AM

I spent 2 summers at the same place. Different cottage. Totally agree with the paint idea. It looks unfinished. Anyway, it was boring, boring, boring with absolutely nothing to do but drink. My former spouse always said "its 5 o'clock somewhere". God, he was a wit (not). Now - why would Melinda Gates agree to a deal whereby hubby has an annual vacay with another woman. My hypothesis - he is a lousy lay and she really didn't care. Plus she knew how fabulously rich he was.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2021 4:20 AM

She's still married to Kevin Kline's brother Alex apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2021 4:24 AM

What a putz.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2021 4:41 AM

Why didn’t he just marry her ? Did he expect Melinda to pay dues for marrying into his billions or something ?

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2021 5:38 AM

Very ugly & underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2021 8:21 AM

That interior is awful. Why no sheetrock? Maybe the owners got tired of redoing it after hurricanes? Everything is so brown and ugly wood. The house isn't bad, it just needs the interior redone badly.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2021 3:05 PM

So that’s the other woman. I was wondering. Melinda is far more attractive even at her age. She’s real.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2021 3:42 PM

r45 You had me until "The house isn't bad". It is. We've had painful, ghastly, and horrific as just some of the descriptors, and that still doesn't touch just how fucked up this mess is. It screams slightly upscale FEMA shelter, post recent hurricane.

The Jersey Shore beach house/fuck nest was nicer than this.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2021 3:45 PM

It has been put together by two people on the spectrum. It has a TOTAL lack of design and attention to materiality. In that way, I find it utility extremely relaxing and quiet wonderful. The folding metal chairs are la pièce de résistance

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2021 4:01 PM

Paint would not make that plywood look better.

It's ugly and depressing-looking. The only part that looks nice is the private walkway to the private gazebo.

However, there are neighbors pretty closeby. Doesn't seem that private to me.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2021 4:16 PM

It's like discovering that Mr. Rogers with his cardigans and wife of 75 years had a sidepiece in the form of a middle-aged and looks it blonde waitress at the iHop, and their love nest was an unrenovated basement apartment with a Pittsbugh Potty in the middle

Yuck. Every element and player.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2021 4:29 PM

I guess every billionaire has a little Grey Gardens in them, deep down.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2021 5:13 PM

The dressing him like Mr. Rogers was a stroke of PR genius and helped deflect from what is described as a fairly unpleasant man. He also received extensive media training and no longer rocks back and forth. It was money well spent.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2021 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!