Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lara Flynn Boyle - How is she still alive?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 5, 2021 8:34 PM

Destroyed by Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 10:01 PM

Pickled eggs can last for years. Pickled people, even longer.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 10:51 PM

Slim pins!

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 10:55 PM

She was so pretty when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 10:56 PM

A woman who used to leech off my neighbor, a pathetic nasty dick, was built just like Laura. I think she is still alive, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 10:58 PM

What distended belly? You can’t even see her middle in that jacket.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 11:02 PM

Those lips! Yeesh!

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 11:03 PM

I can't imagine going from one to the other.

I wonder if there are some people from her past who are cheering thinking her outsides finally match her insides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 11:06 PM

She has a similar body to Sutton of RHOBH. Makes me certain is an alcoholic too.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 11:13 PM

I think she looks great...she was never beautiful, but I don’t see anything distended or spindly.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 11:23 PM

Buried lede: Rockport has a film festival?

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 11:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 11:28 PM

She looks better than the last pic I saw. I have a feeling she if she had Hollywood make up troweled on she'd look fine. Why doesn't her husband get her help?

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 11:29 PM

Ever try to help an alcoholic, R13?

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 11:42 PM

She and Ben Affleck would make a great match! They could even save a little by buying all that hooch in bulk!

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 11:47 PM

It’s almost like whatever surgical procedure was done to her face caused paralysis or a permanent frown-y face. But yeah, I have an aunt who’s a big alkie who has the same spindly legs, bloat and stoop.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 11:48 PM

Speaking of low hanging fruit, post your full body pics, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 12:03 AM

Her Twin Peaks co-star Madchen Amick is the same age and looks great. Madchen probably thanks her lucky stars that she doesn't look like shit like lara.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 12:04 AM

She's looking better than before. Hope things are improving for her.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 12:05 AM

That was ten fucking years ago, r12

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 12:08 AM

Lara Flynn Boyle ( whoever she is- I never heard of her) and Julia Roberts

both look like

FUCKIN MONKEYS

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 12:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2021 12:17 AM

Drinking while driving - yikes.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 12:21 AM

She was a bright, funny and sensitive young actress.

Her course has been such a detour.

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2021 12:23 AM

Her husband is gorgeous. I am actually in recovery and I can't imagine having a relationship while drinking. Crazy that she is still married.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2021 12:27 AM

"Boyle, 51, stopped by a wine and spirits store in Los Angeles to pick up a few things."

Gee, I wonder what [italic]things[/italic] she'd go to a liquor store for.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2021 12:30 AM

Of course the first time she's seen in public in over a year is during a trip to the liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2021 12:31 AM

I had no idea she was married. Shocking someone would still be with her in the shape she’s in.

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2021 12:31 AM

R10 In college I hung out with film geeks who loved David Lynch. All the straight guys had the hots for her. Us gays thought Sherilyn Fenn was the prettier one.

R25 There was some gossip that her husband married her as a trophy because he likes being married to a "celebrity" and that she married him for his money.

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2021 12:32 AM

I thought Fenn was prettier too.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2021 12:34 AM

It was a moment when straight guys were really into skinny chicks.

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2021 12:36 AM

I was in love with LFB back then, r29, and I’m gay as a goose. Sherilyn didn’t do anything for me though I bet she’s a blast to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2021 12:36 AM

I remember her taking Jack Nicholson to the Emmy's! It was funny because Jennifer Aniston showed up with Brad Pitt and complete stole her "I have a movie star boyfriend" thunder.

I wonder what she had to do to get Nicholson to go with her?

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2021 12:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2021 12:38 AM

Thank God she was smart enough to never reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2021 12:38 AM

What did Nicholson do to her? Details, please.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2021 12:39 AM

I think Sherilyn looked a bit old world movie star. The beauty mark was kind of a bit of MM and the eyebrows were very Liz Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2021 12:40 AM

Very Lohan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2021 12:40 AM

Her lips look so weird. Trout pout.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 12:41 AM

The Irish genes are keeping her alive.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2021 12:42 AM

Yikes! Talk about a continual resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2021 12:44 AM

Sheryl Lee, Madchen Amick, Sherilyn Fenn and Moira Kelly all look better than she does. If we ever get more seasons of Twin Peaks in the future (that is if the remaining cast doesn't die first) and they need to bring Donna back they should just recast her with Moira again or with Winona Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2021 12:50 AM

Does she have any adopted kids to beat up? She could be the Gen X version of perpetual DL fave Miss Joan Crawford!

by Anonymousreply 43May 5, 2021 12:53 AM

Joan always had her booze delivered.

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2021 1:02 AM

These three girls were IT back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote] "I am actually in recovery and I can't imagine having a relationship while drinking."

Good luck with your recovery, R25. It's a tough road, but infinitely worth it.

[quote] "How can her liver still be functioning?"

You know honey, from time to time, I wonder the same about myself. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2021 1:49 AM

The girls on Twin Peaks were gorgeous. Hell, the whole cast was gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2021 1:57 AM

She apparently did an indie movie with Bruce Dern called "Death in Texas" a year or so ago. I had no idea she was still working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2021 2:41 AM

I doubt she'll be alive in 10 years. If she's not already in end-stage liver failure, she will be soon enough. It's clear she spends her days drinking and taking trips to the liquor store. She likely sits at home all day in a drunken haze, chain-smoking. It's sad. She was talented and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2021 3:15 AM

There is also no hope for her if she's in liver failure; it's not like kidney disease where there's at least dialysis to keep you alive while you await a transplant. With liver failure, a transplant is your only option, and they don't give them to chronic alcoholics and drug abusers.

by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2021 3:19 AM

I had that Rolling Stone cover on display for a long time, r47. Gorgeous photo. Liebovitz?

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2021 4:43 AM

There was a topic about here a while ago. She seems like a real bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote]they don't give them to chronic alcoholics and drug abusers.

Unfortunately, they do.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2021 3:58 PM

Jack Nicholson spit LFB out just like he did Anjelica Huston. By all accounts, he's a difficult customer. Karma can be a bitch, though, and he's all alone now. (Even Anjelica said this in a relatively recent interview.)

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2021 7:24 PM

Anjelica Huston stood by for some fucked up shit. I have no sympathy for her.

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2021 7:27 PM

Why did she not do TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME? Did she start going off the rails between the series and the movie? Such a pity; she had terrific presence.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2021 7:29 PM

I feel very sorry for her. She used to be so vain. Now she has clearly let herself go. To the point where she’s thrown in the towel. She does look a bit better in these photos than in previous ones. Hope she is getting some help. I don’t know if this is solely alcoholism, though. Her face looks like there is another medical condition occurring too, or side effects from steroids, etc. .

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2021 7:42 PM

If she'd thrown in the towel, she'd join Yasmin Bleeth at the buffet.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2021 7:43 PM

Supposedly she objected to the nudity required for Fire Walk With Me, r56, but she went on to do movies with nude scenes so most people assume there was some kind of falling out between her and Lynch. Given that the character wasn’t included in the recent reboot (was Donna even mentioned?) it seems likely that’s the case. If there was an acrimonious split with MacLachlan after the show ended that was probably also a factor.

I imagine LFB had all kinds of offers after Twin Peaks and people around her telling her she didn’t need to tie herself to that show. Even Kyle MacLachlan limited his role in FWWM because he wanted to move on and not get typecast as Agent Cooper. Twin Peaks had flopped hard after the second season so continuing on in those roles probably didn’t make a lot of sense when other opportunities were presenting. Donna Hayward was one of my favorite characters in the original series so I was disappointed she didn’t do the movie but she had a long successful run beyond TP so I can’t really blame her.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2021 8:38 PM

Jesus. Does the woman have a single loving, caring family member or friend?!?!

She should ABSOLUTELY not be drinking.

How can AA City aka Los Angeles not help her?

Jamie Lee? Jodie? Someone fucking help her!

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2021 8:56 PM

I remember on the show the detective used to say "aces!" I always liked that saying.

Yes, we had to be thin back then. I realize now how lucky I was to be so skinny.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2021 9:04 PM

She was also really good on the Practice (during the early 2000s? I think). Snark aside, this is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote] Given that the character wasn’t included in the recent reboot (was Donna even mentioned?)

IIRC, it was briefly mentioned that Donna was living in another state and working as a doctor or nurse.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2021 3:35 AM

Is her car melting in the OP pic? I do not understand what is going on there.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2021 5:27 AM

r61 Who are you? Please present yourself.

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2021 6:59 AM

R61 Love you.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2021 8:08 AM

She didn't get along with any of the cast and crew of Twin Peaks, except MacLachlan.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2021 1:58 PM

The Mail is vile and hateful and I ashamed of reading it but it throws shade on a stratospheric level:

Spotted: Lara Flynn Boyle, 51, is seen for the first time in almost a year as she stopped by Frank's Wine and Spirits in Los Angeles on Monday morning

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2021 2:32 PM

I don't know why these women don't just let themselves age naturally. What she has done to her face is awful.

and people call me ugly.

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Except that she used to be a movie star, her current state is not that remarkable. I know tons of 50+ women who look worse than her - without the drinking. And I know drinkers who last well into their 70s. It does seem women’s bodies /livers are harmed faster than men’s by alcohol for some reason. But if she cuts back or abstains for periods, she could well last into her 70s. Look at Liz or even Liza - periods of abstinence with intermittent binges let them live pretty long lives.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2021 2:48 PM

She's got a man unlike most DLers.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2021 3:04 PM

Oh wait yeah there is a pic of her with a distended belly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2021 3:11 PM

She replaced Linda Fiorentino so Boyle wasn't considered a terror at that time.

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2021 4:06 PM

Her on the cover of that recent movie she did... looks like a monkey, how could she be in a movie like this?

by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2021 5:26 PM

Did you ask the same about Mickey Rourke?

by Anonymousreply 75May 6, 2021 5:28 PM

She could play Sue Ellen in a Dallas remake.

by Anonymousreply 76May 6, 2021 6:17 PM

Some juicy stuff in here. Mark Frost (co-creator of Twin Peaks) confirmed that the show snuffed out the budding Cooper/Audrey romance because of Boyle. I'd heard that before (all TP fans have), but I thought it was just a rumor!

Audrey was 18 and Cooper was vaguely in his late-20s. He wasn't her teacher or anything. I don't see why them dating would be a big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2021 2:10 AM

The People Vs. Lara Flynn Boyle

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote]With liver failure, a transplant is your only option, and they don't give them to chronic alcoholics

They don't?

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2021 3:57 AM

You got the money you get the liver.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2021 7:42 AM

She looks like all she needs is a good old fashioned face life and to lay off the trout pout.

Don't know anything about her alcohol consumption.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2021 10:56 AM

She reminds me of a few female lifelong alcoholics I know, they get that distended abdomen with skinny arms and legs. It also looks like she’s had a stroke, or some sort of paralysis.

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Everyone posts those photos from 2013 but in 2019 she looked a lot better. Not great but there had been some improvement.

I've never been convinced it's alcoholism despite the gossip mavens insisting this is all her own doing and it's "her insides matching her outsides now" or what have you. Very few alcoholics look like this. She may well be alcoholic but there's something else going on as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2021 3:29 PM

Also, the photos from the DM a few days ago show her looking even better than in 2019.

Her legs are thin in a creepy way but overall she looks better than she did back when her appearance changed drastically.

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2021 3:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2021 3:58 PM

Whatever she had done to her mouth seems to be permanent, a la Leslie Ash.

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2021 4:03 PM

It reminds me of that Molly Shannon lounge singer character who sang "I have very skinny legs, 'cause I like to drink."

by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2021 7:32 PM

If she moved to the UK, she could live over an Oddbins.

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2021 7:49 PM

I agree there’s something more going on than alcohol - especially because she’s looked like this for over 10 years, when she was still pretty young.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2021 7:50 PM

R85, that photo is from 2018.

There has been speculation for years that she has an autoimmune disorder and the chronic prednisone dosing was contributing to her physical changes (puffy face, abdomen). It's amazing if she was on Pred that she didn't have the usual weight gain, a la Kathleen Turner.

I always thought LFB was a very beautiful woman, especially on "The Practice" .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2021 10:00 PM

Life is cruel.

by Anonymousreply 91May 7, 2021 10:13 PM

Lara Flynn Boyle Is Back on the Big Screen But Don’t Call It a Comeback: “I Never Went Anywhere”:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2021 6:49 PM

She really doesn't look worse than previous years' pictures. Only 51 - seems like she could be older.

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2021 7:10 PM

She's 51 in a few years she'll follow the trajectory of Erin 'Happy Days' Moran.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2021 7:14 PM

Unhappy days.

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2021 7:18 PM

It's shameful that they post these pics of her booze runs. Leave her alone. She looks alright for what she is choosing to do.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2021 7:28 PM

So sad! She was so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2021 7:29 PM

My father was an alcoholic. He had it BAD. Like buying bulk vodka and having DTs if he didn’t drink as soon as he woke up.

Long story short, after he died there was an autopsy. His pancreas was absolutely destroyed. Destroyed. His liver was healthy, with minimal damage.

So it’s possible.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2021 7:52 PM

In the movie still above, she reminds me of Marcia Gay Harden.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2021 8:45 PM

Why do women on David E Kelleys shows wind up so disturbed?

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2021 9:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote]It's shameful that they post these pics of her booze runs. Leave her alone.

The only time she’s ever seen in public is at the liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2021 10:13 PM

R60, you've clearly never had an alcoholic or any kind of addict in your life.

I PROMISE you that her loved ones are at wit's end with her. They've begged, pleaded and been rebuffed and shut out countless times.

You cannot force another adult to do something they do not want to do, especially an addict.

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2021 11:48 PM

Alcoholism is a cruel disease. I'll feel sorry for her if someone can confirm she's not a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 104June 10, 2021 6:35 PM

Is Lara Flynn Boyle's downfall and current appearance considered part of the Poltergeist curse? I watched Poltergeist III for the first time recently and was surprised to see her in it. Suddenly, her downfall makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]r21 Lara Flynn Boyle (whoever she is- I never heard of her)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2021 2:48 PM

That was a good read r92, thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2021 2:56 PM

I happened to see an interview with her on Johnny Carson that took place while she was on Twin Peaks. She seemed like a sweet, vulnerable person who was being managed by her mom. I was a rabid Twin Peaks fan and never liked the Donna character. She could be so bitchy and was so manipulative of the agoraphobic man who had Laura Palmer's diary. His realization of her machinations caused him to commit suicide, which seemed to bother no one a whit.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2021 3:11 PM

With TWIN PEAKS, I was Team Audrey. I’m sorry, but you had to pick sides. She was simply a more interesting character, though I later liked Boyle on THE PRACTICE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2021 3:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2021 3:28 PM

Audrey Horne and Shelly Johnson were drop-dead gorgeous. But then, many of the cast were.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2021 3:34 PM

Interesting how the three Twin Peaks Rolling Stone cover girls aged. It's like catching up at a HS reunion. I saw Sherilyn Fenn at an anniversary screening of Just One of the Guys, and she looked healthy in a blowsy, curvy, suburban mom at Target way. Madchen Amick looks the best, in shape, natural. LFB is a WTF, battle of the bottle casualty.

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2021 3:36 PM

The three girls at The Roadhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2021 3:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2021 3:39 PM

Angelo Badalamenti's music added to much to the show.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2021 3:43 PM

R112 Well Lara did a lot more movies than the other two.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2021 3:47 PM

Hang out in the diner for 8 hours!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote]r115 Angelo Badalamenti's music added to much to the show.

Yes. As did that of Julie Cruise.

YouTube Comment: [italic] This song is creepy but in a weird beautiful way. It’s like the fear of the unknown of death mixed with terrible beauty and understanding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2021 4:05 PM

Sorry - spelled “Julee,” of course

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2021 4:06 PM

Fenn was class movie star beautiful. Her acting wasn't far above community theatre, though. Boyle was better.

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2021 8:09 PM

*classic

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2021 8:09 PM

From wikipedia:

[quote]Boyle dated actor David Spade, and later dated Jack Nicholson after he asked Boyle out in front of Spade while they were smoking marijuana. Spade later found out they were together after Nicholson and Boyle were involved in a car crash, covered by paparazzi.

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote]R120 Fenn was classic movie star beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Agreed, R120. Sherilyn Fenn was born in the wrong era—had she been born in the 1920s, I think she could've easily been a major Golden Age movie star. She would have been a Lana Turner-esque figure—not a great actress, but serviceable, and loved by the camera. Lara Flynn Boyle, alternately, had the perfect girl-next-door look for Donna, combined with a slightly mysterious quality.

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2021 10:23 PM

Sherilyn Fenn is Suzi Quattro's niece.

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2021 2:01 AM

Julee singing at the Roadhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2021 2:08 AM

R124 Yeah, she reminded me a bit of a Golden Age movie star during Twin Peaks.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2021 2:44 AM

R22 Wow. That is actually shocking.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2021 4:01 AM

WHET Julee Cruise? I find her weirdly fascinating. She didn't really have a career outside the work she did with Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti. It's weird because her first album does stand as its own respective work, but it's also very deeply intertwined with Lynch's "Twin Peaks" vision, to the point that he had her performing on the show. I know that at some point Julee performed with the B-52's, which weirdly makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2021 4:30 AM

What did Jack do to her? No really, I had no idea about this. I know that her father walked out on her family so that would explain the grandpa fetish.

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote] Why do women on David E Kelleys shows wind up so disturbed?

I think David Kelley has a type. Caucasian, very skinny, possibly anorexic.

Wife: Michelle Pfeiffer.

Calista Flockhart. Married to a super old guy (H. Ford) who is a menace in the sky (bad pilot).

Portia De Rossi. Married to Ellen, mean rich woman.

Lara Flynn Boyle. Involved with old guy (J. Nicholson), now in questionable health, alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2021 5:00 AM

Lara hosted SNL in 2001 and they did commercial sketch called Save the Staring Actress which parodied the Save the Children/Sally Struthers commercials. I remember my sister and I busted out laughing when we saw that sketch. The video of the sketch isn't online. The transcript is up on the snl transcripts site. The sketch threw shade at David E Kelley, Calista, and Portia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2021 5:28 AM

She'll be starring this Fall in "Life With Judy" (MySpaceTV). Lara plays Judy in a semi-fictional sitcom that finds her and the kids living in a luxury hotel in Manhattan and always dodging the irascible manager (Nathan Lane) because they've no money. Along for the madcap ride are a Nanny/Tutor Sasparilla (Wanda Sykes), long-suffering Agent Seymour (Mario Cantone) and Judy's on again/off again boyfriend Dickie (Carson Kressley).

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2021 7:06 AM

My friend Binny looks just like her.

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2021 7:09 AM

How comical that they're presenting those ultra produced studio vocals at r126 as coming out of a woman on a tiny stage in a little club.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2021 11:01 AM

She’s going to die in the next year or two.

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2021 12:16 PM

R135 That's, quite possibly, the least "unrealistic" thing about Twin Peaks.

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2021 12:44 PM

Oh, I know "Twin Peaks" was surreal. Trying to pass off those vocals as emanating from a club performance is not surreal, it's just plain silly.

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2021 12:48 PM

Why is she constantly being seen at liquor stores? Can't she get it delivered, or have an assistant that can make booze runs? It's like she doesn't even give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2021 2:55 PM

Honestly I hope she’s able to pull through whatever she’s going through. I’m not totally convinced it’s alcoholism although it wouldn’t surprise me that she may choose to drink to deal with anything medical related particularly something that’s destroyed her looks. Poor woman. I wish her all the best.

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2021 3:05 PM

The Carson interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote] What did Jack do to her?

Before Jack she was involved with David Spade, who has a long history with very troubled women (Lara Flynn, Tara Reid, Heather Locklear, Naya Rivera). What is going on in these relationships?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2021 7:35 PM

What is "funny" about her co-star Fenn is she played more or less a version of Boyle on Rude Awakening in Showtime years ago. I remember liking the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2021 7:45 PM

[Quote] What is going on in these relationships?

Most celebrities = Huge Ego, Low Self Esteem.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2021 7:48 PM

That Rude Awakening should have been a single camera.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2021 7:49 PM

Regarding David Kelley I always got a very nasty vibe from him. This will sound weird and overly sensitive but there's a scene in the film Lake Placid involving a distressed cow being strung up from a helicopter. I always thought whomever wrote that scene had to be sick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 146June 21, 2021 12:36 AM

People who care more about animals than humans give off a nasty vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 147June 21, 2021 1:18 PM

I object to that statement!

by Anonymousreply 148June 21, 2021 1:31 PM

R143 I haven’t thought about Rude Awakening in ages. I wonder if it’s streamable somewhere.

I’ve also just remembered that Eric Stoltz show on Showtime in the early 00s, but I can’t remember the name.

by Anonymousreply 149June 21, 2021 1:43 PM

This is cruel. I wouldn't have recognized her.

by Anonymousreply 150June 21, 2021 2:04 PM

I really liked the show R149. I remember (and this is a little fucked up) how I kind of wished for that kind of life. Carefree, drunk all the time, pretty/handsome enough to kind of slide by on minimal effort. Live in L.A. in a decent apartment (while apparently making no money).

by Anonymousreply 151June 21, 2021 11:25 PM

R142 I distrust anyone who seems to exclusively get involved with messed up men/women.

Ellen DeGeneres is celebrity that does that.

by Anonymousreply 152June 22, 2021 2:49 PM

Boyle was really great playing a woman with DL's favorite mental illness Borderline Personality Disorder on Huff.

by Anonymousreply 153June 22, 2021 2:54 PM

I remember when she played that character on Las Vegas who was blown off the roof of the casino lol.

by Anonymousreply 154June 22, 2021 8:32 PM

And what's THAT supposed to mean, R152?

by Anonymousreply 155June 22, 2021 9:01 PM

I am sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 156July 9, 2021 12:25 AM

I bet Lara is a secret mug cradler.

by Anonymousreply 157July 9, 2021 2:46 AM

Only if the contents'll put hair on your chest.

by Anonymousreply 158July 9, 2021 2:50 AM

I can't make fun of her. I feel so bad for her. This is one of the saddest declines in Hollywood. She was never a favourite actress of mine but I loved Twin Peaks and loved Donna. She was so pretty and watchable. So very sad.

by Anonymousreply 159July 9, 2021 2:59 AM

You're still going to age regardless of how much surgery you get and it's only going to look worse. Better to age gracefully than look like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 160July 9, 2021 3:00 AM

I just watched the movie “Death in Texas” and she was wonderful in it; she played a 50 something mother to a recently released felon and was very convincing. I was pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 161July 9, 2021 3:02 AM

Per wikipedia:

Boyle dated actor David Spade, and later dated Jack Nicholson after he asked Boyle out in front of Spade while they were smoking marijuana. Spade later found out they were together after Nicholson and Boyle were involved in a car crash, covered by paparazzi.[22]

by Anonymousreply 162July 9, 2021 3:02 AM

She looks good in a face mask.

by Anonymousreply 163July 9, 2021 3:09 AM

Actually Lara is looking a lot better in her new film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 9, 2021 3:36 AM

The camera seems to be 20 feet away from her in each shot.

by Anonymousreply 165July 9, 2021 3:41 AM

She was always so painfully skinny, she was never going to age well facially. Add in the booze problem and smoking, and the bad surgeries… and it’s a recipe for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2021 3:01 PM

She was exquisite. I never understood the hate some had for her. I believe her mom really messed her up and her dad leaving at a young age leaving her mom to fend for them that’s sad. Lara was mercilessly picked on as a kid . She became famous so young too, dangerous combination.

by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2021 4:13 AM

What does Jack Nicholson do to these women that drives them crazy?

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2021 4:29 AM

When I watch those old Twin Peaks, LFB was so stunning beautiful I sometimes think I would have gone straight for her for one night.

by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2021 11:54 AM

She needs a new liver in her movie? That’s about right

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote] together after Nicholson and Boyle were involved in a car crash, covered by paparazzi.

I wonder how that happened? Maybe Nicholson crashed into a crowd of paparazzi and that’s why they were covered in them?

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2021 12:39 PM

Lara was striking with dark hair and gorgeous eyes. She could act too. Terribly tragic

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2021 3:53 PM

All the young women on this show were prettier than her and the woman who played Norma.

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2021 4:51 PM

R92 Great interview. Sounds like a lovely and genuine person. Death in Texas has a great cast. I might check it out.

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2021 5:08 PM

I hope Lara takes milk thistle and cuts back . Alcohol kills anxiety and pain , but it’s a poison.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2021 5:26 PM

R174 I agree. Good interview, she comes off well in it and seems nice enough. One of my favourites films of hers is “afterglow” I do think she’s worked with some of the more interesting directors during her career it’s just a shame interesting projects are so few and far between.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2021 5:36 PM

Pray for Lara!!

by Anonymousreply 177October 1, 2021 1:03 AM

It’s hilarious how everyone here likes to blame Jacl Nicholson for all her problems.

Like it takes a certain type of woman to want to bang a 65+ Jack to begin with. And her stage mother was clearly more instrumental in her fuck up than anyone else. And he’s not responsible for her massive eating disorder and alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 178October 1, 2021 1:54 AM

I saw a recent pic of Lara with her mom . Her mom is morbidly obese . I found that interesting

by Anonymousreply 179October 1, 2021 2:01 AM

Pic of mom What a contrast of disorders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 1, 2021 5:15 PM

Why are her moms legs so skinny!!!

by Anonymousreply 181October 1, 2021 5:29 PM

I think Lara’s mom Has a strong weird control over her . Her mom is dependent on Lara and probably vice versa .

by Anonymousreply 182October 2, 2021 12:25 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 183October 2, 2021 5:00 AM

R180 why do 90% of stage mothers look like that?

by Anonymousreply 184October 2, 2021 5:06 AM

Control and stuffing their feelings

by Anonymousreply 185October 2, 2021 5:41 AM

Bump and prayers for Lara

by Anonymousreply 186October 3, 2021 5:15 AM

I wonder if she still loves Jack Nicholson? Was he her greatest love? Or does she even remember? Whose brain is more damaged--hers or Johnny Depp's?

by Anonymousreply 187October 3, 2021 8:02 AM

Probably hates Jack. Jack is nasty

by Anonymousreply 188October 3, 2021 10:15 AM

She was always my favorite in Twin Peaks and, unlike the others in the cast, her career actually took off. Loved her bitchy Helen Gamble in ThePractice. This is a pity and she seems to look better now.

That said, though the current interviews are nice and modest, they weren’t always so. I remember an interview in that Tina Brown magazine that lasted a year, where she proudly told that when she entered a room all the women present would immediately hate her, or something similar.

by Anonymousreply 189October 3, 2021 1:31 PM

Gosh, that's sad what she said about thinking all the women hated her when she entered a room. I'm assuming she thought she was too beautiful to trust other women, so she trusted Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 190October 3, 2021 1:38 PM

R190, her mom Taught her to fear women. Her mom is a very sick woman.

by Anonymousreply 191October 3, 2021 11:20 PM

Well she seemed the type to show up in a red dress when the dress code is white a la Bette Davis in Jezebel - as evidenced in her whacky ballet outfit. Maybe that turned some women off.

by Anonymousreply 192October 4, 2021 4:22 PM

Lara pings to me especially back in early 90’s

by Anonymousreply 193October 4, 2021 5:13 PM

R179 All the women in my family, including my mother, are obese, except by sister who's struggled with anorexia.

My mom is a vile person overall, and while I don't think it's the only reason my sister starved herself, I think she wanted to be as different from our mother as possible.

by Anonymousreply 194October 5, 2021 6:37 PM

R181 How do those skinny legs not collapse under all that weight?

by Anonymousreply 195October 5, 2021 6:42 PM

There’s inner rage in Lara . I really do have compassion for her

by Anonymousreply 196October 5, 2021 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!