Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lara Flynn Boyle - How is she still alive?

She has been a chronic alcoholic for decades. Look at the distended belly and toothpick legs? How can her liver still be functioning?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9105/07/2021

Destroyed by Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2021

Pickled eggs can last for years. Pickled people, even longer.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2021

Slim pins!

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2021

She was so pretty when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2021

A woman who used to leech off my neighbor, a pathetic nasty dick, was built just like Laura. I think she is still alive, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2021

What distended belly? You can’t even see her middle in that jacket.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2021

Those lips! Yeesh!

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2021

I can't imagine going from one to the other.

I wonder if there are some people from her past who are cheering thinking her outsides finally match her insides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 805/04/2021

She has a similar body to Sutton of RHOBH. Makes me certain is an alcoholic too.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2021

I think she looks great...she was never beautiful, but I don’t see anything distended or spindly.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2021

Buried lede: Rockport has a film festival?

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2021

That belly is distended

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2021

She looks better than the last pic I saw. I have a feeling she if she had Hollywood make up troweled on she'd look fine. Why doesn't her husband get her help?

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2021

Ever try to help an alcoholic, R13?

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2021

She and Ben Affleck would make a great match! They could even save a little by buying all that hooch in bulk!

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2021

It’s almost like whatever surgical procedure was done to her face caused paralysis or a permanent frown-y face. But yeah, I have an aunt who’s a big alkie who has the same spindly legs, bloat and stoop.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2021

Speaking of low hanging fruit, post your full body pics, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2021

Her Twin Peaks co-star Madchen Amick is the same age and looks great. Madchen probably thanks her lucky stars that she doesn't look like shit like lara.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2021

She's looking better than before. Hope things are improving for her.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2021

That was ten fucking years ago, r12

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2021

Lara Flynn Boyle ( whoever she is- I never heard of her) and Julia Roberts

both look like

FUCKIN MONKEYS

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2021

She does look slight better now then in the previous set of pictures from a couple years ago. She clearly is an alcoholic. They always pap her going into liquor stores. They even photographed her drinking at the wheel. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2021

Drinking while driving - yikes.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2021

She was a bright, funny and sensitive young actress.

Her course has been such a detour.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2021

Her husband is gorgeous. I am actually in recovery and I can't imagine having a relationship while drinking. Crazy that she is still married.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2021

"Boyle, 51, stopped by a wine and spirits store in Los Angeles to pick up a few things."

Gee, I wonder what [italic]things[/italic] she'd go to a liquor store for.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2021

Of course the first time she's seen in public in over a year is during a trip to the liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2021

I had no idea she was married. Shocking someone would still be with her in the shape she’s in.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2021

R10 In college I hung out with film geeks who loved David Lynch. All the straight guys had the hots for her. Us gays thought Sherilyn Fenn was the prettier one.

R25 There was some gossip that her husband married her as a trophy because he likes being married to a "celebrity" and that she married him for his money.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2021

I thought Fenn was prettier too.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2021

It was a moment when straight guys were really into skinny chicks.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2021

I was in love with LFB back then, r29, and I’m gay as a goose. Sherilyn didn’t do anything for me though I bet she’s a blast to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2021

I remember her taking Jack Nicholson to the Emmy's! It was funny because Jennifer Aniston showed up with Brad Pitt and complete stole her "I have a movie star boyfriend" thunder.

I wonder what she had to do to get Nicholson to go with her?

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2021

The husband is gorgeous...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2021

Thank God she was smart enough to never reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2021

What did Nicholson do to her? Details, please.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2021

I think Sherilyn looked a bit old world movie star. The beauty mark was kind of a bit of MM and the eyebrows were very Liz Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2021

Very Lohan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2021

Her lips look so weird. Trout pout.

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2021

The Irish genes are keeping her alive.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2021

Yikes! Talk about a continual resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2021

Sheryl Lee, Madchen Amick, Sherilyn Fenn and Moira Kelly all look better than she does. If we ever get more seasons of Twin Peaks in the future (that is if the remaining cast doesn't die first) and they need to bring Donna back they should just recast her with Moira again or with Winona Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2021

Does she have any adopted kids to beat up? She could be the Gen X version of perpetual DL fave Miss Joan Crawford!

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2021

Joan always had her booze delivered.

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2021

These three girls were IT back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2021

[quote] "I am actually in recovery and I can't imagine having a relationship while drinking."

Good luck with your recovery, R25. It's a tough road, but infinitely worth it.

[quote] "How can her liver still be functioning?"

You know honey, from time to time, I wonder the same about myself. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2021

The girls on Twin Peaks were gorgeous. Hell, the whole cast was gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2021

She apparently did an indie movie with Bruce Dern called "Death in Texas" a year or so ago. I had no idea she was still working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4805/04/2021

I doubt she'll be alive in 10 years. If she's not already in end-stage liver failure, she will be soon enough. It's clear she spends her days drinking and taking trips to the liquor store. She likely sits at home all day in a drunken haze, chain-smoking. It's sad. She was talented and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 4905/04/2021

There is also no hope for her if she's in liver failure; it's not like kidney disease where there's at least dialysis to keep you alive while you await a transplant. With liver failure, a transplant is your only option, and they don't give them to chronic alcoholics and drug abusers.

by Anonymousreply 5005/04/2021

I had that Rolling Stone cover on display for a long time, r47. Gorgeous photo. Liebovitz?

by Anonymousreply 5105/04/2021

There was a topic about here a while ago. She seems like a real bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5205/05/2021

[quote]they don't give them to chronic alcoholics and drug abusers.

Unfortunately, they do.

by Anonymousreply 5305/05/2021

Jack Nicholson spit LFB out just like he did Anjelica Huston. By all accounts, he's a difficult customer. Karma can be a bitch, though, and he's all alone now. (Even Anjelica said this in a relatively recent interview.)

by Anonymousreply 5405/05/2021

Anjelica Huston stood by for some fucked up shit. I have no sympathy for her.

by Anonymousreply 5505/05/2021

Why did she not do TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME? Did she start going off the rails between the series and the movie? Such a pity; she had terrific presence.

by Anonymousreply 5605/05/2021

I feel very sorry for her. She used to be so vain. Now she has clearly let herself go. To the point where she’s thrown in the towel. She does look a bit better in these photos than in previous ones. Hope she is getting some help. I don’t know if this is solely alcoholism, though. Her face looks like there is another medical condition occurring too, or side effects from steroids, etc. .

by Anonymousreply 5705/05/2021

If she'd thrown in the towel, she'd join Yasmin Bleeth at the buffet.

by Anonymousreply 5805/05/2021

Supposedly she objected to the nudity required for Fire Walk With Me, r56, but she went on to do movies with nude scenes so most people assume there was some kind of falling out between her and Lynch. Given that the character wasn’t included in the recent reboot (was Donna even mentioned?) it seems likely that’s the case. If there was an acrimonious split with MacLachlan after the show ended that was probably also a factor.

I imagine LFB had all kinds of offers after Twin Peaks and people around her telling her she didn’t need to tie herself to that show. Even Kyle MacLachlan limited his role in FWWM because he wanted to move on and not get typecast as Agent Cooper. Twin Peaks had flopped hard after the second season so continuing on in those roles probably didn’t make a lot of sense when other opportunities were presenting. Donna Hayward was one of my favorite characters in the original series so I was disappointed she didn’t do the movie but she had a long successful run beyond TP so I can’t really blame her.

by Anonymousreply 5905/05/2021

Jesus. Does the woman have a single loving, caring family member or friend?!?!

She should ABSOLUTELY not be drinking.

How can AA City aka Los Angeles not help her?

Jamie Lee? Jodie? Someone fucking help her!

by Anonymousreply 6005/05/2021

I remember on the show the detective used to say "aces!" I always liked that saying.

Yes, we had to be thin back then. I realize now how lucky I was to be so skinny.

by Anonymousreply 6105/05/2021

She was also really good on the Practice (during the early 2000s? I think). Snark aside, this is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 6205/05/2021

[quote] Given that the character wasn’t included in the recent reboot (was Donna even mentioned?)

IIRC, it was briefly mentioned that Donna was living in another state and working as a doctor or nurse.

by Anonymousreply 6305/05/2021

Is her car melting in the OP pic? I do not understand what is going on there.

by Anonymousreply 6405/05/2021

r61 Who are you? Please present yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2021

R61 Love you.

by Anonymousreply 6605/06/2021

She didn't get along with any of the cast and crew of Twin Peaks, except MacLachlan.

by Anonymousreply 6705/06/2021

The Mail is vile and hateful and I ashamed of reading it but it throws shade on a stratospheric level:

Spotted: Lara Flynn Boyle, 51, is seen for the first time in almost a year as she stopped by Frank's Wine and Spirits in Los Angeles on Monday morning

by Anonymousreply 6805/06/2021

I don't know why these women don't just let themselves age naturally. What she has done to her face is awful.

and people call me ugly.

by Anonymousreply 6905/06/2021

Except that she used to be a movie star, her current state is not that remarkable. I know tons of 50+ women who look worse than her - without the drinking. And I know drinkers who last well into their 70s. It does seem women’s bodies /livers are harmed faster than men’s by alcohol for some reason. But if she cuts back or abstains for periods, she could well last into her 70s. Look at Liz or even Liza - periods of abstinence with intermittent binges let them live pretty long lives.

by Anonymousreply 7005/06/2021

She's got a man unlike most DLers.

by Anonymousreply 7105/06/2021

Oh wait yeah there is a pic of her with a distended belly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7205/06/2021

She replaced Linda Fiorentino so Boyle wasn't considered a terror at that time.

by Anonymousreply 7305/06/2021

Her on the cover of that recent movie she did... looks like a monkey, how could she be in a movie like this?

by Anonymousreply 7405/06/2021

Did you ask the same about Mickey Rourke?

by Anonymousreply 7505/06/2021

She could play Sue Ellen in a Dallas remake.

by Anonymousreply 7605/06/2021

Some juicy stuff in here. Mark Frost (co-creator of Twin Peaks) confirmed that the show snuffed out the budding Cooper/Audrey romance because of Boyle. I'd heard that before (all TP fans have), but I thought it was just a rumor!

Audrey was 18 and Cooper was vaguely in his late-20s. He wasn't her teacher or anything. I don't see why them dating would be a big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7705/06/2021

The People Vs. Lara Flynn Boyle

by Anonymousreply 7805/06/2021

[quote]With liver failure, a transplant is your only option, and they don't give them to chronic alcoholics

They don't?

by Anonymousreply 7905/06/2021

You got the money you get the liver.

by Anonymousreply 8005/06/2021

She looks like all she needs is a good old fashioned face life and to lay off the trout pout.

Don't know anything about her alcohol consumption.

by Anonymousreply 8105/07/2021

She reminds me of a few female lifelong alcoholics I know, they get that distended abdomen with skinny arms and legs. It also looks like she’s had a stroke, or some sort of paralysis.

by Anonymousreply 8205/07/2021

Everyone posts those photos from 2013 but in 2019 she looked a lot better. Not great but there had been some improvement.

I've never been convinced it's alcoholism despite the gossip mavens insisting this is all her own doing and it's "her insides matching her outsides now" or what have you. Very few alcoholics look like this. She may well be alcoholic but there's something else going on as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8305/07/2021

Also, the photos from the DM a few days ago show her looking even better than in 2019.

Her legs are thin in a creepy way but overall she looks better than she did back when her appearance changed drastically.

by Anonymousreply 8405/07/2021

She was caught chugging whiskey in her car outside of a grocery store not that long ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8505/07/2021

Whatever she had done to her mouth seems to be permanent, a la Leslie Ash.

by Anonymousreply 8605/07/2021

It reminds me of that Molly Shannon lounge singer character who sang "I have very skinny legs, 'cause I like to drink."

by Anonymousreply 8705/07/2021

If she moved to the UK, she could live over an Oddbins.

by Anonymousreply 8805/07/2021

I agree there’s something more going on than alcohol - especially because she’s looked like this for over 10 years, when she was still pretty young.

by Anonymousreply 8905/07/2021

R85, that photo is from 2018.

There has been speculation for years that she has an autoimmune disorder and the chronic prednisone dosing was contributing to her physical changes (puffy face, abdomen). It's amazing if she was on Pred that she didn't have the usual weight gain, a la Kathleen Turner.

I always thought LFB was a very beautiful woman, especially on "The Practice" .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9005/07/2021

Life is cruel.

by Anonymousreply 9105/07/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!