Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So What Happened To Lara Flynn Boyle?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2021 4:26 AM

Weirdly, I was just wondering that.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2017 1:05 PM

She got smacked with an Ugly Stick.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2017 1:08 PM

I have a lot of compassion for this lady. She's been through hell and back. Eating disorders, alcohol, cocaine, benzos addiction, domestic violence.

Give her a break, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2017 1:57 PM

A horrible attack by a Dyson vacuum cleaner attachment.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2017 1:59 PM

You have to remember R3 most of the people that post here are very shallow. They get an inordinate amount of pleasure tearing someone apart to make themselves feel better about themselves. Thankfully, in the real world, I have not met anyone like the people that post here.

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2017 2:02 PM

3 nailed it. Throw in age and the acting world's propensity for fascial tweaking and you've got a sad situation.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2017 2:06 PM

She makes me feel sad. Nicklson used and abused her yet is revered. And she is a shell of what she could have been if he'd never have entered her life and she's a joke to many.

Poor lady.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2017 2:07 PM

What a disaster.

I just watched Todd Solondz's brilliant Happiness a few days ago and had forgotten how funny and well cast Lara Flynn Boyle was as that bitchy, flaky, narcissistic character. Not sure how much she was acting, but I really liked her in it.

Looking at her IMDb, her last credit was 2014. It's sad that she'll probably never get cast in a major film or TV role again, looking the way she does now and having such a difficult reputation. The fact that won't even be appearing in the new Twin Peaks season 3 (when most of the original cast are returning) says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2017 2:07 PM

She got hit by a car in Wayne's World

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2017 2:14 PM

I have worked with her - She go the face she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2017 2:22 PM

It looks like her hair has gone completely white, judging by her roots.

What in the world in going on with her, medically speaking?

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2017 2:47 PM

Yeah, there's somehing strange going on there. The weight distribution alone.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2017 2:52 PM

R10 What was she like/do?

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2017 4:08 PM

There is another, long thread here about this. It was awful, dark, almost scary---Can't find it right now--It might have been a thread about Jack Nicholson's evil heart, and how he delighted in degrading and ruining women, with lots of discussion about her. Somebody said she is not really there mentally there's been so much damage.

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2017 4:31 AM

Nicholson destroyed her, he fueled her with so much booze and cocaine and made her partake in his vile nightly debauched rituals, nasty stuff, it ruined her forever.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2017 4:35 AM

Not an MD but isn't the drooping mouth a sign of a stroke.

Regardless of the cause it's a shame. She was an exceptionally lovely woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2017 4:37 AM

What did he do to her specifically? I'm getting visions of The Departed.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2017 4:38 AM

She grew up poor and with a stage mom. She was a beautiful girl. No Dad in the picture. Clearly the demonic Jack Nicholson messed with her head and her daddy issues.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2017 4:39 AM

According to IMDB, she'll be returning to the big screen soon in the latest Star Wars movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2017 4:41 AM

Looks like she is on a steroid such as prednisone.

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2017 4:49 AM

sobriety could have helped.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2017 5:06 AM

Drugs. Booze (note the alcoholic paunch). Abuse by Jack. Bad surgery. It's all there...

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2017 5:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2017 5:18 AM

She was very pretty but foolishly got a lot of bad work done, she is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2017 5:21 AM

SJWs and typical frau shit. Proof that Jack Nicholson did anything to her. She was a mess and a pain in the ass back during Twin Peaks. You already said that she had an evil stage mother. She drove the cast and producers of Twin Peaks up the wall.

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2017 5:27 AM

Are "SJWs and fraus" the go to response anytime someone disagrees here?

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2017 5:33 AM

Oh dear, she looks like a brunette Mama June.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2017 5:48 AM

She's ugly as fuck and messed up her face with procedures because she's crazy and an addict.

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2017 5:57 AM

I remember doing drugs with her and my friends at the Farmer Daughter bar in LA back in the late 90's She wass too fucking full of herself. She got the face she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2017 5:45 AM

Well, she was literally drop dead gorgeous back in the 1990's. Her angelic face and lean, beautifully sculpted body were really stunning. There have been other semi-recent threads about her on this forum - many thought perhaps she was afflicted with Lupus/SLE. Something medical seems to be happening here - this is unlikely due to just botched surgery and alcohol. Coke bloat can of course be a factor as well, but her face suggests something more serious.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2017 6:32 AM

I was crew on TP and she always was cordialwith me. And she was really stunning.

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2017 6:47 AM

TP had some of the most breathtaking female actors (not that the guys were anything to sneeze at either..).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2017 6:53 AM

And another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2017 6:56 AM

Whell - She's not not coming back so somethings not right!?

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2017 6:58 AM

[Quote] She got hit by a car in Wayne's World

Not exactly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2017 8:41 AM

[quote]She drove the cast and producers of Twin Peaks up the wall.

I'm curious if anyone knows when she and Kyle MacLachlan broke up. I caught a late season two episode of Twin Peaks on Showtime last night and there's a scene with Boyle, Madchen Amick, Sherilynn Fenn and MacLachlan seated around a table and Boyle's body language toward MacLachlan looked VERY hostile. Since their characters didn't really interact much there was no reason for her to look that way. Just wondered if they had already flamed out by this point (this was two episodes before the season finale.)

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2017 9:48 AM

I thought Sherliyn was the beauty. And the talented one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 9, 2017 10:25 AM

Lara was so beautiful and cool as fuck in TP. A real 'it' girl.

by Anonymousreply 38May 9, 2017 10:34 AM

[quote]Eating disorders, alcohol, cocaine, benzos addiction, domestic violence.

I see a lot of bad choices in this list. There's only so far you can pin it on victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 39May 9, 2017 10:46 AM

She's obviously ill, all the comments about this just being self inflicted are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 40May 9, 2017 10:48 AM

She looks drugged in R32 photo. With the half closed eyes.

by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2017 11:16 AM

OMG. It's Tangina Barrons!

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2017 11:35 AM

[quote]I was crew on TP and she always was cordialwith me

You worked on TP? Wow! Any good stories to tell? What was Lynch like? Any of the other actors?

by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Bad lip fillers, ill fitting top, no proper bra, cheap pencilled in ghoulish brows, etc. That two inches of grey hair growing out makes her look bald. Get a box of Nice n Easy! Distended abdomen may be fatty liver. Poor thing, she was fetching in her youth but a lady has to make a little efffort Lara! She looks homeless!

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2017 11:40 AM

Didn't LFB claim to have lupus a few years back?

by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2017 11:45 AM

Agreed, R37 -- Sherilyn Fenn was a stunner, a true beauty in the Old Hollywood mold. I remember seeing some photos of her by the legendary George Hurrell, and thought it so apt that she got to be photographed by him.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2017 11:48 AM

Interesting how "Big Little Lies" didn't fair much better than "Feud" in the ratings. It started off with lower ratings and in the end only bested "Feud" in the finale by a .5 share in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Another request for stories from the TP crew member!

by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Blind item from several years ago, that many people thought referred to Lara and Jack:

It is quite shocking that this actress is even still alive. She probably spent more on drugs and did more drugs than any other actress in modern Hollywood. She rarely works anymore although she has talked of a comeback. Back in the day this actress was just about A list and was doing movies and television and had an A list boyfriend. That was the peak of her drug use. His parties were legendary and he paid for the drugs and our actress had about a two year period there which is just one big blank. If this actress ever decides to write a book to tell her tales it will be filled with orgies and drugs like you have never seen. Her boyfriend used to make her have sex with everyone and everything. Men or women, old and young. She did it too because she was so crazy for the drugs. She basically could not function enough to work for a several year period but her boyfriend would make sure she was hired more to keep her out of the house than out of any goodness of his heart. She was just a plaything to him. Had them before and has them now. Not as many now, but he still has them. Back then he was winding down his party lifestyle and she was the perfect way for him to go out. She is a hollow shell compared to what she used to be. She is with someone else now. He doesn't really know what happened. He is just enamored with the fact that he has an actress who used to be in movies and television. The fact that she does not talk about that part of her life or have many memories of it and has had so much brain damage that she can barely make sentences sometimes does not really bother him. This actress had such promise and it went away in a drug induced haze that is the biggest anyone can remember.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2021 5:18 PM

She's the reason we never got Cooper/Audrey. She was dating Kyle at the time and didn't like the idea of Sherilyn Fenn getting even more screentime and attention. She got Kyle to raise a stink with the producers so they brought in Heather Graham's pointless character as a love interest for Coop instead. I hate LFB for that piece of fuckery alone.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2021 8:22 PM

I don't know why Lynch didn't just bring in Moira Kelly to play Donna in the TP reboot. She did the film and was fine, and she's aged much better than Boyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2021 8:28 PM

Being interviewed at 20 years old by Johnny Carson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2021 8:34 PM

R32, she's the one on the left. Eyes half closed is Sherilyn Fenn.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2021 8:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2021 4:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!