Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill and Melinda Gates getting divorced

Holy crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2021 6:30 AM

Translation

“I want a younger, pre menopausal woman. I’m a billionaire. I’ll pay this current one off. She’ll get plenty of money, so she’ll be happy & I get to make a new family. Win win.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 9:08 PM

Fuck them both. Sitting on billions.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 9:10 PM

After 27 years just put up and live your separate lives. Why bother with the divorce?

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 9:10 PM

Meghan Markle is absolutely soaking wet right now.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 9:10 PM

Truth: She found out about why he's been pushing this false idea of a pandemic and wants nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 9:11 PM

R3, One of them wants to marry their side piece. I’m guessing it’s Bill.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 9:11 PM

Official thread of the Bill and Melinda Gates losing their marriage foundation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 9:12 PM

4th thread, enough. OP is worse than Madison Cawthorn, pre-wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 9:13 PM

Kim Kardashian sliding into his DMs in 3...2...

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 9:13 PM

Harry who?!?!!

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 9:15 PM

He wants to bang young Asian chicks. Can you blame him?

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 9:15 PM

R11 Where's Murdoch's ex, the one that was hanging about Tony Blair?

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 9:16 PM

With his recent proclamation on vaccines, and now this, I think Bill is losing it. How old is he anyway?

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 9:16 PM

He needs more time to start multiple threads on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 9:17 PM

I guess he went too soft for her, remember how ruthless he was in the 90s? That's the Bill she loved, not this vaccinate the world pussy.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 9:18 PM

Great. Maybe their international Ponzi scheme “foundation” will finally be exposed

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 9:20 PM

Gawd who'd want to bother setting up another marriage. I hope a third person is not the reason they're splitting. Id prefer if he caught Melinda with her hand in the till or something prosaic and bloodless like that.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Now that they have most of the populous microchipped!

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Miss Pete will be dumping his balding ManWife Chasten next. No word on who will get custody of their imaginary lab baby....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 9:28 PM

Does the National Enquirer have something on Bill?

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 9:33 PM

R19 Aren't you in the wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 9:34 PM

Is that the same thing as a jelly baby, R19?

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 9:37 PM

There is no incentive for a man that rich to be married. Even if he gives away 30% of his fortune, he still has a staggering $70 BILLION.

I'm sure Bezos who divorced his wife, giving her $36 billion to fuck off, is enjoying his freedom, and Bill took notice.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 9:38 PM

R15 must be an anti-Vaxxer freeper nut. Melinda supports the same causes as Bill

R23 doesn't get straight men at all

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 9:40 PM

I read that Bill Gate's mother pushed that marriage. Gates is either on the spectrum or autistic and needs someone to take care of him. He always seemed a little off and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 9:44 PM

THE MARRIAGE OF BILL AND MELINDA GATES IS DEAD TO ME.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 9:46 PM

R25 that might be so but they have enough money for someone to deal with his issues. They don’t even feature in celebrity stories. No one would notice if they both lived separate lives.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 9:47 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the whole charitable things works out post-divorce, as before his marriage, he was known for having next to no charitable activity. A friend went to the dedication of a computer science building at the local university, where he didn't pay for the building but had given the "naming gift", and the locals agreed "That's not charity, that's an investment".

After he married, he became a well-known philanthropist, officially gave billions for things other than creating future software engineers. I want to see if he keeps the philanthropic front up, or if that was all Melinda.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 9:53 PM

R28 I think he will keep up the charity work. It has become his identity and you know it feeds his ego. I’m just curious what his mistress looks like. I don’t get where old men get the energy for such things.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 11:17 PM

The prospect of BillG being on the market is exciting! Plotting my move at his favorite burger joint Dick’s Drive-In haha

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 12:13 AM

Prediction: Melinda has discovered she's a lesbian and wishes to have a relationship with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 12:19 AM

R30, get that rich D!

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 12:26 AM

Their son is surprisingly attractive. He looks like the actor from Glee whose name I’m too lazy to Google.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 12:30 AM

I think the son inherited the autism gene.

Many years ago, my boss interviewed Gates for a story. He had the impression that Gates was slightly autistic. I think someone has worked with him, because he seems to have more social aptitude in his televised appearances than he did 25 years ago.

At any rate, I think his choice (or his mother’s?) was a good one. I think Melinda worked very hard in that marriage and managed him well. She earned whatever settlement she gets.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 1:36 AM

R25 They were married January 1, 1994. Mary Gates died of breast cancer June 10, 1994.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 1:57 AM

Apparently they signed a separation agreement some time ago. Given his dad died September, 2020 at 94 there's probably a connection with the timing: Bill not eager to tell his dad the marriage had ended.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 2:40 AM

They didn't have a pre-nup: that is very surprising. Good thing that it sounds like it's amicable.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 7:04 AM

Do you think Meghan got her claws into Bill? The new beach house...

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 11:09 AM

R37 Not really surprising there wasn't a pre-nup. Not particularly familiar with Washington but in states like California it's near-impossible to create a solid pre-nup: the law imposes so many requirements just about any pre-nup can be attacked successfully. All a pre-nup then does is give a false sense of security.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 12:09 PM

R38 expect Meghan to do THIS asap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 1:35 PM

Washington is a community property state. There is no prenup according to the divorce papers and their marital estate is worth more than 150 billion dollars after 27 years of marriage. Melinda Gates recently bought a house in Seattle for 1.2 million dollars. It's a 4 bedroom 2 bath cottage. This is a median price for a house in those parts, and IMO stunningly modest for a person of her means. I recently heard an interview on a Seattle NPR station where she described herself as a Catholic who had been educated by Benedictine nuns to believe in "a life of service." It will be interesting to see what she does with the money. Doesn't sound like she will be shopping for private jets or yachts .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 6:20 PM

I know this is going to come as a shock to some people, but not all insanely wealthy people feel the need to spend it on themselves and on unnecessary/gold-plated/designer items.

It’s an unparalleled luxury to be able to take care of yourself and your family and to be able to play fairy godmother to people who really need the money.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 7:13 PM

Well someone didn't Excel in holy matrimony. Just couldn't find the right Word to Save it. Never got the Power of their Point across. Now 27 years gone out the Windows.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 7:26 PM

R42 Chuck Feeney, who co-founded Duty Free Shoppers, is the leading example. He had fun giving away about $8 billion and at age 90 now has around $2 million left to see out his years.

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2021 6:14 AM

R41, I posted on the other thread that I went to school with Melinda. The Catholic high school we attended was founded by Ursulines, not Benedictines. Ursuline Academy's motto is Serviam (I will serve). The Ursulines take this seriously-- every member of our class had to do volunteer work/community service in order to graduate.

by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2021 6:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!