Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill and Melinda Gates Announce Divorce

Bill and Melinda Gates have announced their intention to divorce after 27 years of marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Ka-ching! $$$$$

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Damn, who is he fucking?

Meghan the whore will be ditching Harry in 3, 2, 1....

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 8:49 PM

I just had a maladaptive daydreaming session where I somehow had $15B. I appreciate Melinda stepping aside for me to take my rightful place atop Bill.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 8:50 PM

Does it mean that Bill Gates no longer one of the top 10 wealthiest men in the world since like forever?

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 8:51 PM

¡Yo soy Second Wife!

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 8:51 PM

Maybe Melinda found a new love, some young stud.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 8:52 PM

Next up, Mark Zuckerberg.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 8:52 PM

She got tired of having to show Bill over and over how to keep a text box from moving around in Word.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 8:53 PM

can he throw a few bucks my way! please! i just need a cool 1 million that's it!.. nothing more....

she probably found out how he was going to take over the world, let millions die and control them with a microchip in every one on the planet and wanted to make her a test subject and that is why she is divorcing him! (trumpster's quanon, newsmax, faux news, etc mindset!)..

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 8:53 PM

It's becoming pretty rare that rich and famous people never divorce, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 8:54 PM

Even if the marriage was rather dead you think they would rather just avoid the financial and legal toil of a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 8:54 PM

I knew they would divorce when they first got married.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 8:55 PM

This was a surprise, at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 8:55 PM

He's supposed to be gifting his fortune away to charities. Melinda probably want a slice of that before that happens

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 8:56 PM

R6, I'd say it's more likely that Bill found some ho like Jeff Bezos did

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 8:57 PM

I'd been idly wondering why all these stories about Bill Gates not wanting to allow free distribution of the COVID vaccine or giving the tech to India only mentioned him, not the foundation or Melinda, and maybe this is the explanation.

Back in January, Melinda said that there was no excuse for vaccine delays, and I thought... you know your idiot husband is causing some of those delays, right?

Anyway, I'd assume these two have been hashing out the agreement for months and months already.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 8:59 PM

Maybe he has finally decided to transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 8:59 PM

New money is so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 9:00 PM

My heart is with my orange sweetie. But if something happens to him, lawd forbid, Bill may call upon me in a gentlemanly way.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 9:01 PM

I'm a little surprised, too. I guess I'm naive..lol. They seem like the type that would stay together. Of course, when billions are involved...dunno.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 9:01 PM

Bill Gates was actually born into wealth, his father was a successful, prominent attorney in Washington state. Of course he multiplied whatever inherited wealth headed his way by many times over.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Bill's dick was just too micro and too soft.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 9:02 PM

HA!^^

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 9:04 PM

I could have told you this months ago.

I had my second dose in early January and my chip has picked up every phone call he's made to his lawyer since then.

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 9:05 PM

This reminds me of Al and Tipper Gore's divorce, some years back. It was weird that, with grown kids and all, they didn't just do a down-low separation. Especially since they are still reported to go on summer vacation together.

I can actually see Bill Gates ending up with a non-Western global activist type, like Ayaan Hirsi Ali (who is married to "Ascent of Money" author Niall Ferguson) .

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote] They seem like the type that would stay together.

Honestly, who else would want to be with those two fuggos.

At least Bezos and Mackenzie were both hot, so they would find partners right away.

The Gates' are probably going to be single forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] This reminds me of Al and Tipper Gore's divorce, some years back. It was weird that, with grown kids and all, they didn't just do a down-low separation.

WHATTTTTTT????

Where in the hell have I been?

I had no idea that Al and Tipper Gore got divorced.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 9:08 PM

Well, this is a surprise. I thought they had a very solid marriage. She'll get a nice settlement. But oh my God, can you imagine all the gold digging whores who are going to go after him? They'll be beating down his door.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 9:09 PM

Any one of you bitches would marry Bill Gates faster than you can say "bridal registry".

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 9:10 PM

"Even if the marriage was rather dead you think they would rather just avoid the financial and legal toil of a divorce."

"It's becoming pretty rare that rich and famous people never divorce, isn't it?"

Actually I think having serious money probably just frees you to do whatever you feel like doing. Why stay in a marriage simply for appearance sake? Even if his fortune is cut in half, he'll still be mega wealthy. I suspect that some lower-middle-class or poor people stay in unhappy marriages simply because it's expensive to get a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] Even if his fortune is cut in half, he'll still be mega wealthy

HA!

He might even start to re-think giving all his money away, once he sees the divorce settlement!

Fool.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2021 9:12 PM

She probably wants to give the children a few billions instead of a couple million. The life of a billionaire means you never have to worry.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2021 9:13 PM

R29 I don't think Bill swing the DL'ers' way. Unless there are hot hetero women visiting DL now.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2021 9:16 PM

The time it took to read these two threads is more than I have spent thinking about these two in the past 27 years.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2021 9:16 PM

He wants to bang young Asian chicks with his HUGE COCK with FULL BUSH!

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2021 9:17 PM

Interesting....

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2021 9:17 PM

She hates Bing, and he walked in on her doing the Google.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2021 9:18 PM

This is a hint that perhaps Ghislaine is offering up big names in advance of the start of her trial next month.

Bills name has been rumored in connection with Epstein's plane & perverted island.

That's the only thing I can think of to explain such a drastic decision when you are that ultra fabulously wealthy and could easily just live two separate lives and not go thru a messy public divorce.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2021 9:18 PM

This is a really cute photo of their wedding...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2021 9:20 PM

Bill doesn't give away anything. He perpetrates schemes to get schools and other institutions to invest in his products.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2021 9:20 PM

R25, the Gores are still married though both have had long-term relationships with others. No idea what's going on there.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2021 9:21 PM

R39 it’s cute although I personally have never liked photos of people with their mouths open, pretending to laugh their asses off.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2021 9:23 PM

I'm surprised. He must have met a golddigger.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]He wants to bang young Asian chicks

Bill? Don't do it. I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Bill caught Melinda in bed with a Mac.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Funded by The Bill Without Melinda Gates Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote]The Gates' are probably going to be single forever.

Not with these billions in their bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2021 9:30 PM

There was gossip on DL that Bill's mother picked his wife for him, to ensure his wife wouldn't take advantage of him.

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2021 9:31 PM

They could easily live separate lives with their fortune. Something ugly must have happened.

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2021 9:32 PM

She was actually the one who got him involved in philanthropy and out of just running Microsoft.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2021 9:33 PM

Come on DL! Someone must have some dirt.

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2021 9:34 PM

The secret to staying together is to never get married.

Look at Oprah and Stedman, and Goldie and Kurt etc.

Oprah is a happy billionaire and Stedman is well taken care of, Eventhough he has his own money and career.

I'm kinda surprised by thus news if the gates getting divorced. It's almost like a former president and first lady divorcing. It's something that just doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2021 9:36 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😳

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2021 9:37 PM

I was surprised at this. But if they're UN-happy with each other, why stick together? Now Melinda and MacKinzie Scott can pool their handed down Billions and continue doing some great work.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]Bills name has been rumored in connection with Epstein's plane & perverted island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2021 9:38 PM

Markle is starting to plan her next move in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote] Does it mean that Bill Gates no longer one of the top 10 wealthiest men in the world since like forever?

Yes it does. He not Jeff Bezos

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2021 9:40 PM

Bill and Melinda Gates marriage is dead to me. Who gets the house?

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2021 9:41 PM

If those two crazy kids can’t make it, where’s the hope for the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2021 9:41 PM

Was Bill a virgin when they got married?

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2021 9:41 PM

He’s probably into some sick shit and she wants out.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2021 9:43 PM

I can work computer.

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote]WHATTTTTTT????

[quote]Where in the hell have I been?

[quote]I had no idea that Al and Tipper Gore got divorced.

That makes two of us. I had to Google this, they separated in 2010 and are both in relationships with other people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2021 9:45 PM

The Gores are NOT divorced! Separated maybe, but at this late date probably more like an open marriage.

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] We ask for space and privacy......

and they will get neither, why do so many people make these pointless statements.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2021 9:46 PM

They’re going to have to change so many signs around Washington State — “Bill [bold]NOT[bold]Melinda Gates Foundation”

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2021 9:48 PM

He’ll probably have a girlfriend in her early 20’s within a week.

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2021 9:48 PM

R65 as one of the wealthiest people on the planet in a time when wealth inequality is on par with pre-revolutionary France, they are fucking CLUELESS!

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Wife/husband swap with Kim and Kanye. Everyone's happy

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2021 9:49 PM

I am so sad with this announcement. They are the Liz and Dick (or may be bigger) of the tech world. SAD

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2021 9:50 PM

Melinda isn't going to get the same kind of divorce settlement as Mackenzie Bezos.

The Gates got married long after he was an established billionaire while the Bezos were married BEFORE Amazon and she actually helped in starting it.

Rumor has it, Bill was such an Aspie nerd that his mom got him together with Melinda....it was an "arranged" marriage.

Weirdly, there was some kind of protest at the Gates Foundation today (I live 3 blocks away) but I don't think it had anything to do with the divorce....they have a ton of protests over there.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2021 9:52 PM

This is so funny because there was a clip of them on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver last night.

Melinda Gates made this really shady comment about Bill and laughed.

He did not look pleased.

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2021 9:54 PM

R52 Oprah never wanted to marry until she had lost all the excess weight, she didn't want to be a fat bride.

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2021 9:56 PM

The Gores are a perfect example. They each live their own life but never bothered going through a divorce which can be a legal quagmire.

Unless you plan on remarrying you don't have to bother getting divorced.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2021 9:56 PM

R26..It's amazing how attractive fugs can be, when they have billions of dollars...usually the richest, or second richest person in the world. The gold diggers will be lining up.

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2021 9:57 PM

Bill. I am virgin whore. You make me wife. I please you all time. You give love money to me. I response many horny to you. Now we agree, yes? I have cam.

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2021 9:58 PM

R26 lives in a parallel universe. People will line up to marry the fug billionaire over the broke hottie everytime.

Nothing makes you better marriage material than being rich

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2021 9:59 PM

"I love dicks"

Cut to the 6:11 mark, in Bills' own words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Is it too much of a conspiracy theory to think that the divorce is a way out for Bill to leave serious $$$ for his children? He couldn’t go back of his world of not leaving his kids money without looking like a typical rich bastard. So in comes the divorce which allow him to give his wife half of his fortune. Melinda then divvies up the loot to their kids because SHE didn’t make such altruistic pledges.

by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2021 10:03 PM

MacKenzie Scott is one of the greatest philanthropic forces out there. Her divorce from Jeff Bezos was actually great for the world.

by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2021 10:05 PM

I was on a plane sitting next to a guy who was a crew member on a ship that Al Gore was on. This was around the time they split. The guy said that Al was drinking a lot, slurring his words, and practically falling down.

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Perhaps Bill is going to transition into the grande dame Billia Vista Millennium Gates and Melinda doesn’t want to be part of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2021 10:07 PM

I am polishing my pussy as we speak

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2021 10:08 PM

R56 Meghan and Harry hired Catherine St Laurent from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. But she quit after a year and not on good terms apparently as is the case with many of their former employees. I’d love to see cunty Meghan go after Bill, she’s not that interesting doing fake humanitarian work for publicity. She’s only interesting as the lying, thirsty ho that she really is as a person.

by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] they separated in 2010 and are both in relationships with other people.

Are they church goers, and if so, does their church handwaive adultery and fornication?

by Anonymousreply 85May 3, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] MacKenzie Scott is one of the greatest philanthropic forces out there. Her divorce from Jeff Bezos was actually great for the world.

There was an article talking about how there are tons of scammers trying to take advantage of Mackenzie's generosity.

It was actually becoming a big problem.

[quote] The guy said that Al was drinking a lot, slurring his words, and practically falling down.

This doesn't surprise me.

Al is probably living with many demons.

Conceding the Presidency when he should have won.

I have also always believed that he is deeply in the closet.

I feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 86May 3, 2021 10:13 PM

Al Gore was with Larry David’s ex for awhile iirc.

by Anonymousreply 87May 3, 2021 10:14 PM

Klan Grannies strike again in this thread.

Here we all are, talking about the Gates' divorce.

And somehow these obsessive nutjobs still manage to inject posts about Meghan.

For those of you who don't believe that they are truly crazy, look no further than R84.

by Anonymousreply 88May 3, 2021 10:15 PM

She had started to get a little full of herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 3, 2021 10:15 PM

Go fuck yourself, you triggered cunt at R88. You want to ban gossip about cunty Meghan yet you get triggered anytime anyone says shit about your kween.

by Anonymousreply 90May 3, 2021 10:19 PM

hello, Al Gore was chasing massage therapists around his hotel room, wanting a happy ending, that's why the wife divorced him.

by Anonymousreply 91May 3, 2021 10:19 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 3, 2021 10:21 PM

R26, he's a billionaire. You seriously think rich guys have trouble finding women?!

by Anonymousreply 93May 3, 2021 10:21 PM

Bill was not a virgin ffs! In fact, he dated a lot (i.e. fucked a lot of women) when he became successful...like a nerd's revenge or something...If my memory serves

by Anonymousreply 94May 3, 2021 10:21 PM

Again, they are not divorced r91. They separated but decided not to bother getting divorced.

by Anonymousreply 95May 3, 2021 10:21 PM

Hi Bill!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 3, 2021 10:21 PM

From 1997:

OK, let’s see if I’ve got this straight. “Time” magazine reports in a recent profile of mega-billionaire Bill Gates that, as part of an agreement with his wife, he gets to spend one weekend a year with an old girlfriend at her beach house. Just the two of them. All alone. All weekend.

Gates says it’s perfectly innocent, that the two of them spend all their time “walking on the beach, playing miniature golf and discussing biotechnology.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 3, 2021 10:22 PM

Bye, Donald. I find new husband now.

by Anonymousreply 98May 3, 2021 10:23 PM

Bill is marrying Meghan and Melinda is marrying Harry. I couldn't be happier for all of them! Thanks, Meghan Troll for reminding me that Phillida Gregory told me about this the other day at High Tea.

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2021 10:24 PM

Suddenly, Melinda realized that micro + soft is not such a desirable combination.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2021 10:25 PM

Immense wealth aside, the Gates are at that age when many couples do split. Kids are grown and they realize they really can’t stand to be with each other, and the thought of spending what’s left of your life with someone who’s increasingly incompatible is just depressing.

by Anonymousreply 101May 3, 2021 10:26 PM

How can she compete with her husband’s undying love for a ghost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 3, 2021 10:27 PM

[R71], I live two blocks from the Gates Foundation. It must have been a very quiet event; I heard nothing.

by Anonymousreply 103May 3, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]Here we all are, talking about the Gates' divorce. And somehow these obsessive nutjobs still manage to inject posts about Meghan.

Bitch, you're no better, your first post on this thread is "Maybe he has finally decided to transition."

Both you anti-transers and Meghan-haters need to fuck off, you can't be trusted to stay in your own threads, and you're boring to boot.

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2021 10:32 PM

Physically I’m not attracted to him at all but I am attracted to his money so I think we could work

by Anonymousreply 105May 3, 2021 10:32 PM

I know he's loaded beyond imagination, but the thought of having to manage some overgrown manchild's Aspergian personality is a total boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 106May 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Thanks, I've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 107May 3, 2021 10:35 PM

Funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 3, 2021 10:35 PM

R104 Meghan was brought up because of a slight connection to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. But yeah go ahead and dictate why and what posters on DL can or can’t gossip about.

by Anonymousreply 109May 3, 2021 10:38 PM

I remember reading one time that Gates had a problem with halitosis.

by Anonymousreply 110May 3, 2021 10:40 PM

Someone needs to post a recent picture of the three Gates kids so we may judge how attractive they are.

I'd do it myself but my left fingertips currently are covered in Lindor chocolate and I don't want to get my phone dirty. -Er.

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2021 10:41 PM

Meghan wants a throuple because Bill can't give her a title. Only the money.

R104 doesn't understand that when shit goes down the usual flies appear.

by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2021 10:46 PM

Interesting the timing of this announcement.

Gates and Melinda were close friends of Vartan Gregorian who died the week before last, and who advised and guided them in the setting up f their charity.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2021 10:50 PM

She passed her expiration date and became too old for him. A billionaire doesn’t need to hang on to dried up cooch. He can offload her and get a newer model.

by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2021 10:53 PM

R112, shut the fuck up

God damn, you racists are stupid as shit

by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2021 10:54 PM

OT, r114 but damn. I didn’t know that. I worked with Vartan a zillion years ago when he was provost at Penn. Incredibly brilliant man. He should have gotten the top job at Penn but they gave it to someone named Sheldon Hackney, who only lasted a few years.

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2021 10:55 PM

Oh, that explains why Meghan didn't show up for the Vax LIVE concert with Harry: she's on a plane to Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 117May 3, 2021 10:56 PM

Melinda:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 3, 2021 10:57 PM

Gates kids. The son looks like he's sucked a cock before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2021 11:00 PM

R104 - Hey, Pet, go fuck your ownself - just follow the stink to your corroded cunt.

Meghan and Harry poached one of Gates' top staffers, Catherine Saint Laurent - it was heralded as a head-hunting coup. She lasted 11 months with the Sussexes before bailing. It's not as if there was never a connection.

Everyone from here to Pluto knows that for a chance at a man at Gates' level, Meghan would sell her mother, Harry and Harry's title, Archie, and Diana 2.0 on a street corner.

This is a gossip site. We don't allow priggish Head Girls to dictate how we approach a subject. You don't like it? Fuck off back to the Sussex Squad.

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote]She passed her expiration date and became too old for him. A billionaire doesn’t need to hang on to dried up cooch. He can offload her and get a newer model.

That goes both ways, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote]Something ugly must have happened.

Its a little strange they announced it on a Monday. Usually stuff like this is done in the Friday afternoon news dump before the weekend. I guess these days it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2021 11:04 PM

Did we really expect Bill to not leave his kids money? I think this is a way out for Melinda to pass on the fortune to their kids without Bill coming off as insincere.

by Anonymousreply 123May 3, 2021 11:04 PM

One of his daughters is neck deep in the equestrian world. Daddy bought her a horse farm and big-money horses and coaches. Just like Steve Jobs daughter. Apparently both are very noice and well mannered.

by Anonymousreply 124May 3, 2021 11:09 PM

The kids (at least the girls) are better looking than they should be given those parents.

by Anonymousreply 125May 3, 2021 11:10 PM

R124 a new lesbian couple to ship!

by Anonymousreply 126May 3, 2021 11:16 PM

This is surprising - as someone else said, after hanging in there for so long, you'd think they'd just lead separate lives. But I'm guessing that one of them wants to do something that the other is bitterly opposed to, so there was no making nice.

Actually, they seemed like a nice couple - like learning that your nerdy math teacher who you were sure never dated in his life actually had a lovely (and equally nerdy) wife

by Anonymousreply 127May 3, 2021 11:20 PM

I would have expected the Clintons to divorce before any of the power couples mentioned on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 128May 3, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] Maybe he has finally decided to transition.

R17 Any chance of it being the other way around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 3, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote]I would have expected the Clintons to divorce before any of the power couples mentioned on this thread

Yeah. They've also been married way longer than the others and are older.

by Anonymousreply 130May 3, 2021 11:30 PM

Their oldest daughter asks for her space and privacy — on an Instagram post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2021 11:32 PM

This is proof enough that the vaccines don't have microchips in them. Would a woman let her soon-to-be ex-husband microchip her? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 132May 3, 2021 11:33 PM

Melinda is leaving Bill for this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 3, 2021 11:35 PM

His daughter is also studying and working in the medical field, she's already vaccinated. Not sure which one...

His kids are good looking.

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2021 11:38 PM

Kinda sad they’re breaking up after all this time. Both seem like decent people.

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote] I would have expected the Clintons to divorce before any of the power couples mentioned on this thread.

Bill and Hillary are smart.

They still have a use for each other, even though they effectively live separate lives.

There may be some perks of being "married" (even if only in title), versus being divorced.

Plus, as former President and First Lady, they have obligations for life.

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2021 11:43 PM

The Clintons suck, Donald and Melania are the ideal couple!

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2021 11:48 PM

Guesses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2021 11:51 PM

“What do you want to do, Melinda: Cancel? Retry? Abort?”

by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2021 11:54 PM

It will be SO weird to see him on the market with bimbos on his arm.

by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2021 11:55 PM

Take all his money Melinda.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2021 11:56 PM

That BI at r138 is just some speculation written after the fact, it's not even a true BI. But I guess most of them aren't these days.

by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2021 11:58 PM

R103 Well, you're either hard of hearing or you weren't at home from 11ish to 2ish because there was rather a loud protest going on at that time.

Or, you live on the opposite side of the complex. I'm on the north side towards Roy Street.

Though, to be fair, I'm not 100% sure the protest was at the Gates Foundation; I didn't go and physically walk the (more like two blocks) to check and see. I heard protest noises coming from that direction and since they have quite a few protests, I am doing a bit of assuming.

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2021 12:00 AM

This is the equestrian daughter, Jennifer.

She looks like a stuck up brat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2021 12:01 AM

Jennifer has typical cute red head looks. The other daughter is real looker. Almost sultry. The son almost looks Asian. Is he adopted?

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2021 12:02 AM

Caitlyn is available unless Sophia objects. Bill can buy the California Governorship for Cait.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2021 12:02 AM

From the article at R144:

[quote] To support her passion, Gates' father set about buying property in Wellington, Florida, a hot spot for wealthy equestrians. The Miami Herald reported he dropped $37 million to buy a whole string of properties near Laurene Powell Jobs' estate.

Oh, no.

Not spoiled at all!

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2021 12:04 AM

R144 You're kind of an asshole, aren't you?

She looks like a cute, perky teen. Not sure where you're getting she's giving off a "stuck up brat" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2021 12:04 AM

R80, Your observation is perhaps true; nonetheless, "the world" should not have to be Blanche DuBois writ large, depending on the kindness of strangers.

Fair taxation would allow the elected representatives in democracies have the means and methods for equitable and directed use of monies.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2021 12:06 AM

Well, he son grew out of his awkward stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2021 12:07 AM

The more I read the article at R144, the more annoyed I get:

[quote] Bill Gates is determined for his children to forge their own paths in life. In 2011, he told The Daily Mail that his kids would each get a "minuscule portion" of his wealth, which Forbes estimates stands at $130.5 billion. "It will mean they have to find their own way," he said.

[quote] Gates is enrolled at Mount Sinai's Icahn School of Medicine. She just finished her first year remotely. Gates told The Chronicle of the Horse in March that all of her medical-school classes had been temporarily moved online because of the coronavirus.

[quote] The New York Post reported that in 2017, her parents bought a $5 million condo that's only blocks from her medical school.

I'm sorry, but buying a $5,000,000 condo so that she can be closer to medical school, is not exactly "making your own way."

Not quite dorm life, is it?

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2021 12:08 AM

r148 Datalounger's are extremely bitter, jaded and full of mommy/daddy issues because their parents didn't love them enough growing up. And some of them have been cunts since childhood so their parents had good excuse. It leads them to adult lives full of whoring, anger and jealously.

So they hate people who have it better than they did growing up.

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2021 12:12 AM

Melinda filed and she is a practicing Catholic. I await the name of Bill's new girl.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2021 12:14 AM

All 3 of those kids came out attractive. Bonus for the fortune hunters/gigolo types.

There is definitely more to this story..

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2021 12:15 AM

Rumor has it Bill’s been fooling around with Rashida Jones.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2021 12:18 AM

There's going to be "The Other Woman."

But not for Bill!

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2021 12:19 AM

My straight brother invested in Microsoft in 1991ish, and tried to take me to shareholder meetings, when I visited him in Seattle. He insisted that there were a lot rich, attractive gay men there. I was in college, and not interested in older men with saggy asses. In any case, Bill and Melinda seemed like a perfect match. They are just both so fucking nerdy, but they seem to have good hearts. I hope that they can stay away from users.

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2021 12:20 AM

It's good that the daughter is going to med school. I always wondered why rich people's children don't study STEM. Look at the royals who could have studied to become something more productive like Engineering or medicine or be a scientist. They can be such a role model.

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2021 12:20 AM

[Blind Gossip] When Jeff Bezos and his wife Mackenzie split, a lot of people were shocked.

After all, they had spent literally decades together, building a business, building a family, building their billionaire bank accounts, and working towards common goals.

We were not shocked, though.

When you are that wealthy, there are always men and women sniffing around, looking to make their move on either the husband or the wife.

Occasionally, they break through.

All the money in the world does not insulate you from infidelity.

As details emerge on this non-Bezos couple’s split, you will see that for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2021 12:20 AM

Phoebe Adele Gates (born September 14, 2002) is the youngest daughter of tech giant company Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Melinda Gates.

Their youngest recently turned 18. I assume she waited until no child custody concerns for The Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2021 12:23 AM

Hmmmm... maybe R155 is right! What a funky couple they would make.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2021 12:23 AM

Geez how does TMZ get a hold of this shit?

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2021 12:29 AM

Rashida Jones? Well, that's from out of left field.

A couple of commenters noted how Melinda's dissatisfaction with the marriage was very evident in her last book (autobiography?). Bill came off as "domineering, self righteous and controlling" I don't think she used those words though. Another commenter said Bill refused any input from her when designing and building their home, as though she wasn't going to be a resident. IIRC, he often dismissed her on foundation related issues.

I can totally see this.

by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2021 12:32 AM

He's 65 and she's 56. He'll have his eye on someone in their early 30s no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2021 12:35 AM

R158 The difference is, the Gates' kids are descended from extremely intelligent people.

The British Royal Family is largely the result of centuries of inbreeding among a family of mental midgets who enjoy mucking around the moors while shooting things and playing infantile party games.

by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2021 12:36 AM

I hate rashida jones, why go after a married man, I can't stand gold diggers.

She's a fool if she thinks he's gonna marry her.

by Anonymousreply 166May 4, 2021 12:38 AM

It’s just a rumor R166 and probably not true. So they have a podcast together, big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 167May 4, 2021 12:39 AM

Rashida is already loaded so technically she can't be a gold digger. A hussy perhaps!

by Anonymousreply 168May 4, 2021 12:39 AM

Those must be old pics of the kids, his son is already 21!

by Anonymousreply 169May 4, 2021 12:39 AM

Rashida ain't loaded, she only has a few million at best, that ain't gonna last, she has to find a rich man to marry.

by Anonymousreply 170May 4, 2021 12:41 AM

There isn't a single intellectual in the brf. All military thugs like Andrew and Harry or weak minded duds like Kate and William who are only capable of studying easy degrees like History of Art. Marrying dunces like Fergie and Diana didn't help the gene pool much.

by Anonymousreply 171May 4, 2021 12:42 AM

Wendy Deng, Meghan Markle, and Jerry Hall tripping over each other getting to the jetway

by Anonymousreply 172May 4, 2021 12:43 AM

is it true that Bill is having an affair with Kim Kardashian?

by Anonymousreply 173May 4, 2021 12:43 AM

'Wendy Deng, Meghan Markle, and Jerry Hall tripping over each other getting to the jetway'

All much too old. He'll marry a woman in her late 20s or early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 174May 4, 2021 12:44 AM

I'd be jumping for joy if I were Melinda right now. She'll walk away with billions and doesn't have to sleep with that ogre anymore. What's not to love? She and Jeff Bezos's ex-wife should start a harem of hung, young muscle dudes to fuck them silly every night.

by Anonymousreply 175May 4, 2021 12:45 AM

Bill, call me!

by Anonymousreply 176May 4, 2021 12:45 AM

Rumours in London that he is dating 35 year old actress Jenna Coleman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 4, 2021 12:49 AM

Call me crazy but I could see Bill Gates with Cindy McCain - John McCain's widow.

Beautiful, single, committed to causes, smart, and extremely interesting (race car driver, etc)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 4, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] the Gates' kids are descended from extremely intelligent people

I thought she was his secretary?

by Anonymousreply 179May 4, 2021 12:50 AM

I'm sure she will be well provided for in the divorce but Melinda ain't getting half of Bill's fortune....they married long after he became a famous billionaire and there's no way they married without some kind of prenup.

MacKenzie Bezos got half because they started Amazon together and didn't have any kind of pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 180May 4, 2021 12:50 AM

R170 Rashida already has major money from her father Quincy and is set to inherit even more. His net worth is estimated to be at least $500 million. Granted that’s nothing compared to Bill, but Rashida is financially way ahead of a typical actress of her age and career level.

by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2021 12:50 AM

I was just coming here to post that, r181. Did everyone forget who her daddy is?

by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2021 12:52 AM

Why would Rashida Jones have a huge fortune now? Her father isn't dead. Quincy might have started trust funds for his kids years ago but....how do we know that's even true? Has it been reported anywhere?

People really do just pull shit out of their ass and report that it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 183May 4, 2021 12:53 AM

R180, divorce papers obtained by TMZ make it clear there’s no pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 184May 4, 2021 12:53 AM

If your father has half a billion dollars, then you cannot by definition be a gold digger. Not unless there's been something to indicate that you have been cut off, a la Tori Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 185May 4, 2021 12:54 AM

The Duke of Gloucester, QE II's cousin was embarking on a career as an architect when his older brother, who was to inherit the dukedom, died in plane crash. (The brother William worked overseas as a diplomat as he waited to inherit.) He had to leave that career to manage their land holdings once the elder duke died.

Princess Anne seems quite intelligent. She was asked why she didn't go to university like Charles. She said she was ready to start working as a royal right away and felt that the could receive an education through that and the people she encountered. In other words, it wasn't necessary for her life's work. The irony is that she's the brightest of the bunch IMO. Were it today, I suspect a fourth in line Anne would have chosen to go to university and had received an animal sciences or veterinary degree.

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2021 12:55 AM

R183, her father is insanely rich. And she probably got some money from her mother already, who passed away. All we’re saying is she’s probably way better off than the average actress.

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2021 12:55 AM

No prenup.

by Anonymousreply 188May 4, 2021 12:58 AM

Bezos got married before Amazon and before he was rich.

Gates married long after he was one of the richest men in the world. There is no way he married Mel without an ironclad prenup. It might be a generous one, but it's not going to come close to the size of the $60 billion settlement MacKenzie Scott got from Bezos.

by Anonymousreply 189May 4, 2021 12:58 AM

I am in error:

[quote]Melinda Gates Calls Marriage to Bill 'Irretrievably Broken,' Declines Spousal Support Despite No Prenup

No prenup and she filed. It's sounding like Bill cheated.

by Anonymousreply 190May 4, 2021 1:01 AM

Here's hoping that Melinda will get a monster payday and join forces with the ex Mrs. Bezos to do some good in the world.

by Anonymousreply 191May 4, 2021 1:01 AM

Then Bill is stupid.

Though it's interesting they repeatedly refer to the separation agreement in the documents today.

I'm guessing the deal was hammered out long ago.

For all we know, the separation agreement might have occurred a very long time ago "just in case".

by Anonymousreply 192May 4, 2021 1:02 AM

The news is reporting there was no prenup. Also, Washington state is a community property state.

by Anonymousreply 193May 4, 2021 1:02 AM

I'm thinking maybe Melinda realized what a diabolical insane piece of shit Bill is with his eugenics and vaccine peddling.

by Anonymousreply 194May 4, 2021 1:03 AM

anti-vaxxer nutjob @ R194

by Anonymousreply 195May 4, 2021 1:10 AM

Bill's fortune is estimated at 130 BILLION dollars. If he loses half of it, how will he even know to miss it?

"I only have 65 billion dollars! Please click the link for my GoFundMe page!"

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2021 1:24 AM

I'm calling it now. Rory Gates and Dylan Geick. Just you wait.

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2021 1:28 AM

Who will get custody of the vaccine implant zombies?

by Anonymousreply 198May 4, 2021 1:30 AM

Last I heard, Rashida was with Ezra Koenig and they had a child who's a couple years old now. Did they break up?

by Anonymousreply 199May 4, 2021 2:16 AM

No R199 they are still together and have a nice house in Ojai. I don’t think the Rashida rumor is based on anything serious... it’s probably just because she and Bill have a podcast they started a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 200May 4, 2021 2:18 AM

If Bill shows up to the Met gala with DL faves Jarek or Brandon on his arm I will know that we have truly gone to hell in a handbasket.

by Anonymousreply 201May 4, 2021 2:31 AM

"Cheated" r190. She would not being through something as dramatic as this over something as small as that. There are definitely more serious issues at play than someone touched Bill's penis.

by Anonymousreply 202May 4, 2021 2:43 AM

Rashida has a two year old with The Vampire Weekend's Ezra Kroenig and they live together. There was an interview Rashida did a few months ago over zoom and Ezra joined to say hello and talk. They had great chemistry. I doubt the speculation about her and bill here is true.

by Anonymousreply 203May 4, 2021 3:00 AM

I've never gotten the impression Bill Gates was into bimbos. The women he's been with were intelligent, independent women. I think he would want a woman who was mentally stimulating, not just eye candy. I don't see him being with an actress, either. Bill Gates with an actress? I don't think an actress would be his type.

It's a little early to be speculating about who's he's "dating" now. I don't think he or Melinda Gates are "dating" anyone at this point. I think they're still trying to work out how they intend to separate and what their relationship will be like once they're divorced. But women are certainly going to come after him in droves.

by Anonymousreply 204May 4, 2021 3:19 AM

If I lose half my fortune, should I drop HBOMax to economize? Asking the poors for belt-tightening strategy.

by Anonymousreply 205May 4, 2021 3:26 AM

One of them probably wants to be with someone else. Look at the Bezos divorce. Winky Bezos paid $60Billion for Mackenzie to fuck off, all so he could be with this other woman. Bill and Melinda Gates have always struck me as having a boring marriage -- they are probably like brother and sister at this point. Someone probably saw old age creeping in and decided they wanted some passion and a reason to live.

by Anonymousreply 206May 4, 2021 3:35 AM

There's dish here, for sure. WHEN will we get it????

by Anonymousreply 207May 4, 2021 3:39 AM

Regarding Bill’s podcast with Rashida, they have OBVIOUS chemistry to boot.

by Anonymousreply 208May 4, 2021 3:44 AM

Melinda said their marriage was irretrievably broken. I am waiting for the rest of the story. Of course, they can still occupy the same house while they sort things out, given that the mansion boasts 7 bedrooms and 18.75 bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 209May 4, 2021 4:10 AM

Quincy jones? He obviously never wore a condom, he's been married 3 times, 7 kids with 5 different whores.

I doubt the kids get a lot of money while he's alive.

by Anonymousreply 210May 4, 2021 4:11 AM

Also, bill gates buying an apt for his kid in the city where she goes to school isn't a big deal.

Lots of parents do this.

by Anonymousreply 211May 4, 2021 4:13 AM

They don't have prenup but they may have a post nup.

by Anonymousreply 212May 4, 2021 4:14 AM

I doubt there's much "dish" about this breakup. Some marriages reach a point where the two people just don't get along very well anymore. The spark is gone, boredom sets in, arguments start...it's just time for the marriage to end. I don't get the impression this divorce is happening because they've been screwing around on each other.

by Anonymousreply 213May 4, 2021 4:18 AM

I’m not on the QAnon train but this two are into eugenics and population control. No one should have the amount of money they do.

by Anonymousreply 214May 4, 2021 4:23 AM

Melinda seems like she hated it for a while. She seems unhappy in every interview out Bill. She has talked about having to fight with him to be given responsibility - like for the Foundation.

My guess is they hung on until the youngest went to college - this year - and then Melinda was out.

Odd they bought a $49 million house in San Diego/Del Mar recently. Maybe for one of them to live in.

A hypocrite as he started out saying he wouldn’t give money to his kids but has already bought $20+ million of houses for his oldest daughter.

Phoebe is going to be the wild one.

by Anonymousreply 215May 4, 2021 4:26 AM

R206, one would need to be practically blind to not see how ancient and decrepit Bill Gates has become over the last 5 years or so. He's 65, but looks at least 75. His posture is TERRIBLE, all hunched over like some hobbit, and then there's the 8 trillion lines in his face...

by Anonymousreply 216May 4, 2021 4:32 AM

R216, I was just gonna post that! I saw a pic of him and he looks much older than 65!

by Anonymousreply 217May 4, 2021 4:36 AM

R216 He has billions. He can get some botox or experimental treatment to keep him younger-looking I guess.

by Anonymousreply 218May 4, 2021 4:37 AM

R218, if he was interested in that he would've done it 10 years ago at the very least. Yes, he's worth billions, but someone has to eventually deep-throat Grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 219May 4, 2021 4:43 AM

One of them is going to come outvas gay. Probably her, but I wish it was him- just to have another billionaire role model for the young gaylings.

In my youth we had Liberace, Paul Lynde and John Wayne... Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 220May 4, 2021 4:57 AM

Anyone see the resemblance between Melinda and Pippa Middleton, Kate's sister?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 4, 2021 5:32 AM

I just want to say that Rashida's mother Peggy Lipton was notorious for having affairs with married men...maybe she doesn't fall far from the whore tree and the rumors are true?

by Anonymousreply 222May 4, 2021 5:33 AM

It's so fucked up how women can just get fucked by a rich man for 20 years and then divorce him and walk away with BILLIONS. Total useless whores and they get rewarded for doing absolutely NOTHING.

I hate women arggh!

by Anonymousreply 223May 4, 2021 5:55 AM

R223 and yet you wish you were one so you could do the same.

by Anonymousreply 224May 4, 2021 6:04 AM

No, I like being a man (and a top), but even an ugly woman's life is light years easier than any man's.

by Anonymousreply 225May 4, 2021 6:05 AM

Tell that to the millions of women living in poverty R225. I'm sure they'll regale you with stories about how easy their life is.

by Anonymousreply 226May 4, 2021 6:08 AM

[quote]Melinda said their marriage was irretrievably broken. I am waiting for the rest of the story.

That's standard language in a no-fault state like Washington. The filing party says the marriage is irretrievably broken and that's that.

by Anonymousreply 227May 4, 2021 6:08 AM

R226, they still have it better than poor men in those countries who probably end up dead or in jail relatively young.

by Anonymousreply 228May 4, 2021 6:12 AM

As soon as I heard this story, I remembered the photos of Bill Gates hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein...

by Anonymousreply 229May 4, 2021 6:14 AM

Oh I'm sure R228. Women in say, Iran, can always say, boy I'm lucky I'm a woman.

by Anonymousreply 230May 4, 2021 6:14 AM

R230, women were never meant to be free, they were meant to be property of a man. Men are far smarter, stronger, superior in every way. They don't know how to handle freedom, as we can see by the wanton whorishness of the modern female

by Anonymousreply 231May 4, 2021 6:18 AM

Rory Gates is what Prince William was supposed to look like. He'll probably still have a full head of hair when he's 30.

by Anonymousreply 232May 4, 2021 6:21 AM

R231 oh go away. Your trolling isn't even subtle.

by Anonymousreply 233May 4, 2021 6:28 AM

They are both terrible people. Bill Gates is a fucking raging psycho. Their marriage was to contain him. She is the PR person, among them. He has had mistresses.

by Anonymousreply 234May 4, 2021 6:39 AM

Spill R234... how is he a psycho? I've honestly not heard a word about him

by Anonymousreply 235May 4, 2021 6:46 AM

Gates has had ulcerative colitis since college. That means a significantly increased risk of bowel cancer, especially forty years on. Not surprising if that affects his decision to get on living life on his own terms.

by Anonymousreply 236May 4, 2021 6:47 AM

harry u en danger gurl

by Anonymousreply 237May 4, 2021 7:39 AM

R236 interesting, I didn’t know that.

Might it explain the autism? The gut-brain link is often a firm indicator of ASD, even thought be some to be a cause.

by Anonymousreply 238May 4, 2021 8:45 AM

"Just after final exams he suffered a case of ulcerative colitis serious enough to put him in the hospital for more than a week. . . Although the disease is primarily genetic, friends believed the episode had been brought on by stress, overwork and sheer Gatesian intensity. . .

"Years later a friend, aghast at Gates's penchant for fast driving, remarked, 'I hope your life insurance is paid up.' Gates turned the idle remark into a serious matter, explaining that he had no life insurance because he had a lot of assets and no dependents. What Gates believed but did not explain was that he was probably uninsurable. Episodes of childhood-onset colitis are strong predictors of future colon cancer."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 4, 2021 9:17 AM

I went to school with Melinda and back then she was a good egg. Wealth and power can do strange and often horrible things to people, but I would be surprised if she's changed beyond recognition. I was horribly bullied at school and Melinda was one of the very few girls from the popular group who treated me well.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that she's getting a divorce but I hope she finds happiness.

by Anonymousreply 240May 4, 2021 10:13 AM

R134...Yes, their kids are very nice looking. Another surprise...

by Anonymousreply 241May 4, 2021 10:19 AM

Sorry, forum mechanic question: How come I can’t see R231? Not on ignore. Am I blocked? How does that work?

by Anonymousreply 242May 4, 2021 10:24 AM

I don't see it either. Presumably moderator deleted.

by Anonymousreply 243May 4, 2021 10:29 AM

Whoops. Click on the link in your post and it does show.

by Anonymousreply 244May 4, 2021 10:31 AM

R244 Clicking just takes me to the original post.

by Anonymousreply 245May 4, 2021 10:34 AM

The comments aren't loading? I have to keep refreshing... (off topic)..sorry..

by Anonymousreply 246May 4, 2021 10:34 AM

R244 Oh wait, now I see it too. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 247May 4, 2021 10:35 AM

from what i understand, they had a very strong bond emotionally. whilst it appears, that Bill has consulted very often with Melinda on a wide range of issues, I doubt she was ever able to match his intellect. which I do not mean in a bad way, she may have very often brought him back to planet earth where people with a normal IQ would not get what he was trying to achieve.

one thing I haven't seen in the comments; Bill is a workaholic. and I myself have already destroyed two longterm relationships predominantly due to my long working hours (I am a person, that doesn't mind working 7 days a week, 12 - 14 hours a day and even working during holidays if projects require. but I have not met a counter part -- yet -- that shares this view.... maybe for the best )

I am curious to see how Bill will hold up. he always said that Melinda was his anchor, she never mirrored said when it was mentioned in interviews. I guess indeed she was fed up, since a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 248May 4, 2021 10:36 AM

I like Melinda better than Bill

by Anonymousreply 249May 4, 2021 10:38 AM

another relationship broken by COVID lockdown measures? I have seen several amongst my friends, quite impressive :o

by Anonymousreply 250May 4, 2021 10:38 AM

r249 guess you are connecting better to her IQ level? I think Bill is much more interesting, when I listen to him converse

by Anonymousreply 251May 4, 2021 10:42 AM

They had an agreement that once a year he took a vacation with his ex girlfriend. Did she become single again?

by Anonymousreply 252May 4, 2021 11:02 AM

My pussy iz very wet Mr Gate !

by Anonymousreply 253May 4, 2021 11:10 AM

R252 That TIMES article was written in the 90s, do you really believe they held up for so long?!

R251 She is educated, smart, driven and was the one who pushed him towards philanthropy. So yes, I do like her better. How is relating to her IQ an insult? You probably relate to Kim Kardashian's IQ lol

by Anonymousreply 254May 4, 2021 11:12 AM

TIME*

by Anonymousreply 255May 4, 2021 11:14 AM

He's a douche bag and she's a huzzy.

by Anonymousreply 256May 4, 2021 11:36 AM

All these people on about Bill’s towering intellect—you do know that he stole most of his pioneering tech from true genius-level developers at IBM? And that he has people working for him now who do much his innovating? Bill has a knack for big-picture projects, computing and thinking strategically, but I wouldn’t call him a world-shattering visionary or a scholar. He can only think in terms of present-day and near-future tech.

by Anonymousreply 257May 4, 2021 11:46 AM

My impression of Bill Gates was pretty much formed by this TV movie from 1999, in which he’s portrayed as a conniving douchebag (and Steve Jobs as the true genius).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 4, 2021 12:00 PM

I predict Bill Gates’s mistress will either be African or Asian and not an actress. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 259May 4, 2021 12:16 PM

r254 "being educated" doesn't necessarily equal to having an elevated IQ (IMO)

he is what most people call a geek. he loves and excels in math, computer nerd and reads tons of books. I can relate to that, as I have excelled in literally all subjects (especially maths) during my education. I also read a lot (I am a fast reader, books of 700 pages I tend to read -- if I am interested -- in about 2 days)

the reason why I prefer him (one note: I am not a big fan of him in regards to the microsoft history. I am UNIX, i.e. Linux at heart, grew up in the explosion of the PC options -- Atari, Amiga, Apple.... hater of Microsoft.... still do and have not worked on that plattform since 2015) is that I can better relate to him when he discusses any topic.

Melinda IMO presents a more "squishy", emotonal side, whilst Bill IMO is more hard facts based and leaves out "juicy" details, that you may want to watch in a "docudrama" series (I tend to avoid "documentaries" where 70% + of the content is about people self profiling their -- mostly uninteresting part -- of the subject at task. I am predominantly a hard fact guy, which is not interested in the personal lives of people engaged in scientific matters)

I do acknowledge that there are people that enjoy watching (as you stated) formats such as the Kardashians (my educated guess is that you have sourself, hence the anology?), I tried it for less than a minute before switching the channel.

by Anonymousreply 260May 4, 2021 12:28 PM

r259 a computer sex robot/sex doll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 4, 2021 12:30 PM

[quite] Bill has a knack for big-picture projects, computing and thinking strategically, but I wouldn’t call him a world-shattering visionary or a scholar. He can only think in terms of present-day and near-future tech.

Bill Gates wrote some very complicated code for the grid system used by Bonneville Power that is still in use today. He was still in high school when he wrote it.

Bill Gates hired Dave Cutler from DEC to rewrite VMS onto a PC platform. This pretty much put DEC out of business as the new product, Windows NT, took the market share. Ken Olsen didn't think anyone would need a computer on their desk, Bill Gates had a different vision.

What is your opinion based on?

by Anonymousreply 262May 4, 2021 12:33 PM

Bit surprised by this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 4, 2021 12:54 PM

Didn't Melinda have (among her many degrees), one in Mathmematics, r248? That bit of information kind of stood OUT when I read it somewhere a couple of years ago. Interesting background for a woman (not being sexist either). On top of that, I think she also has an MBA. So, no, don't think intellect was a huge issue with these two.

by Anonymousreply 264May 4, 2021 1:06 PM

Is this what chemistry with Bill looks like? I never heard about this podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 4, 2021 1:09 PM

r257 I agree, I do not see him as an innovator (or bigger than life visionary such as Steve Jobs, who pushed a lot of failed products, but nevertheless managed to stir up the tech market, more than Bill did.

nevertheless, via his intelligence (as from what I have seen, his core talent is to read a lot and connect the dots, literally computing, the odds and developing ideas that are baised on current knowledge) he has been able, especially post microsoft, to address via his philanthropy, especially previously unthought surmountable challenges, by using his (read) knowledge, knowing with whom to interconnect with and funding projects (due to his wealth), that no government even had "their" radar on.

I am not sure how much of a role Melinda played a roll in him not pushing further in innovation (she appears to have always been the grounding component in his decisions), but one should not forget the early years leading up to microsoft.

I currently remain in my opinion, that Bill made clever, calculated and self thought decisions that have shaped the tech world we are in. not necessarily voicing that they were ideal.

the "kill or acquisition" strategy (which still prevails in ost tech companies), I have always frowned upon, especially since Microsoft now is heavily relying on Lynux (predominantly the Ubuntu distribution) to power their servers and maybe, in the long run, move away from their dinosaur OS code, without having to re-engineer it completely (VISTA showed the world how ell that went)

by Anonymousreply 266May 4, 2021 1:09 PM

a lot of strategic desicions, while Bill was still at his company, were consulted with Melinda. From what I have seen and understood, she was always the more strategic, operational decision consultant. In my view, this culture of acquiring technology, without any self innovational aspires has continued at said firm.

not surprisingly did their attempted move to challenge the apple IPod, Ipad and to some extent the mac (via their kill or acquire strategy) did not bear fruit, thse divisions where highly inprofitable, leading in the company having to shut down the Windows OS (for smart phones) and having to discontinue their recent acquisition form Nokia for Windows Lumia

Drifted off a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 4, 2021 1:14 PM

Microsoft had, in my view, the leverage and market space to have remained a tech leader. Nevertheless they managed to offer several security exploits (lots which still have not been fixed), annoy a lot of users to their software/OS restrictions (I work in IT addressing these issues and where needed move them away from the microsoft suite), hanging on to prehistoric code, the pergament's roll could go on.

whilst Bill was still in the company, I myself still did see a challenging move for this company. though not through innovation, Bill's analysis of the current market knew what to buy... or not.... and then try to integrate the new technology in their aging, not representative, product alignment).

Steve Ballmer must have been the worst choice, as he led the company into ridicule (not ellaborating, if interested, google it).

To close:

Young Bill, did some very signifanct groundwork for our current tech (good or bad). I miss the innovative drive, nevertheless he has the hand to consolidate current information and ideas (due to his extensive reading, which may have affected his personal life), connect the dots and take risky endavours (obviously due to a lot of cash and it must be stated, he has misinvested and loss a lot of money, but mostly for the greater cause)

high IQ levels can ever "compute", innovate, excel in EQ (emotional quotient) and lots of other areas.

personally I will always cherish him for being able to "compute", though still acknowledging IMO his lack for (aggressive) innovation and EQ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 4, 2021 1:15 PM

R260/R262 YMMV—it obviously does—but some consider genius polymath intellect to encompass a praeternatural instinctive quality as well as broad philosophical and cosmic perspective informed by the world around. Some artistic and idealistic bent is also a requirement, I believe—a person who sees beyond the veil of the ordinary plane, yet nonetheless remains conscious of it and empathetic to it. I think more of Confucius, Archimedes, Aristotle, Galileo, Nostradamus, Da Vinci, Hildegaard of Bingen, Bosch, Blake, William Morris, Milton, Mozart, Darwin, Picasso, and Tesla to name but a few.

by Anonymousreply 269May 4, 2021 1:31 PM

r269 i totally agree. this may be my "deficiency".... ;/ I acknowledgment a lot of their work, but I may lack empathy for part of their work .

r254 I apoligize, my response was dry :(

r269 thx for reminding me :x

by Anonymousreply 270May 4, 2021 1:52 PM

R175 MacKenzie is engaged or already married to a nice looking teacher her age. I think she met him at her children's school.

by Anonymousreply 271May 4, 2021 2:18 PM

At one point, Rory Gates apparently wanted to look just like Dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 4, 2021 2:25 PM

Then he watched Glee! or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273May 4, 2021 2:26 PM

Are we sure he's not with Angie?

by Anonymousreply 274May 4, 2021 2:46 PM

Re: Rashida Jones - in a weird kind of way I can see this ( see why Bill might go for her.) She is smart, beautiful, quirky and has a sense of humor. She seems relatively grounded for being the progeny of celebrities. As well, teen geekling Bill may have lusted after Peggy Lipton on The Mod Squad. Not as sure why Rashida would be interested but Quincy Jones had additional children with Nastassia Kinski so the inheritance could be spread thin. On the other hand, Melinda may have tired of Bill's foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 275May 4, 2021 3:07 PM

Ezra being on the road a lot may have worked, home during lockdown did not? Who knows. Hope it is not Rashida, they have a very small child.

by Anonymousreply 276May 4, 2021 3:10 PM

How the hell is Quincy Jones worth $500 million? He made that much from producing Michael Jackson albums?

by Anonymousreply 277May 4, 2021 3:43 PM

R277, he produced a lot more than Michael Jackson. He was the head of a few labels during music’s hey day.

by Anonymousreply 278May 4, 2021 3:57 PM

Some time ago, DL had a poster who worked with Gates.

Went into some detail about his professional/personal encounters with Bill and Melinda.

The gist if I can recall:

- Bill is intelligent, gifted cognitively. But is deficient in other realms: namely emotively and interpersonally. He could be a raging narc monster in some circumstances that resulted in staff cowering when going about him; creating a rather unhealthy culture around him.

Melinda, according to the poster, was the best thing to happen to Gates. She moderated his worst tendencies and was - according to the poster - a kind and decent individual. (This correlates with the poster in this thread who went to school with Melinda and found her to be similar.)

Apparently the poster who worked/socialised with Bill could not understand how Melinda stayed with Bill.

Now we have an answer.

by Anonymousreply 279May 4, 2021 4:14 PM

R236, well that makes him the most uneducated genius on the planet. UC is curable with the right diet, probiotics and prebiotics.

by Anonymousreply 280May 4, 2021 4:17 PM

Enough with the Rashida Jones foolishness. She isn't schtupping Bill Gates, yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 281May 4, 2021 4:28 PM

So to conclude, there are some incredibly intelligent people (Bill) who spend all their time alone, tinkering away on their intellectual pursuits while their emotional and social skills remain stunted, while others (Melinda) don't spend quite as much time on intellectual pursuits, but actually develop a normal personality. Gee, who knew?

by Anonymousreply 282May 4, 2021 4:34 PM

Time will tell, R281. The podcast, now this news. Rashida is awfully appealing.

by Anonymousreply 283May 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Rashida is about as interesting as a bowl of bran flakes

by Anonymousreply 284May 4, 2021 4:49 PM

A lot of men and quite a few women find her quite appealing, R284. Bill Gates may be among them, we will know in due time.

by Anonymousreply 285May 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Their marriage really underscores how crucial one’s choice of a mate is. I could bring up a few Royal examples, but everyone’s tired of hearing about those people.

Choose wisely, friends.

by Anonymousreply 286May 4, 2021 5:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 4, 2021 6:15 PM

Well, let that be a lesson to whoever claims that the guys with the most cash get the hottest chicks lol

by Anonymousreply 288May 4, 2021 6:21 PM

Bezos as a 2nd example, R288...

by Anonymousreply 289May 4, 2021 6:23 PM

If they were together for 27 years, it must have worked well for a very long time. Maybe the pandemic did them in - when you can't escape from each other.

by Anonymousreply 290May 4, 2021 7:01 PM

They weren't exactly sharing a studio apartment. 66,000 square feet in the main residence should be enough to keep your distance when you want to.

by Anonymousreply 291May 4, 2021 7:04 PM

"Enough with the Rashida Jones foolishness. She isn't schtupping Bill Gates, yeesh."

Yes, I'm tired of that idiocy, too. Bill Gates fucking Rashida Jones...yeah, that sure seems plausible (snort).

by Anonymousreply 292May 4, 2021 8:22 PM

R292 I agree. Rashida Jones seems highly, highly, highly unlikely.

DL lawyers, please set me right on this, but it seems the fact they are divorcing (rather than separating) with such enormous marital assets, with no prenup, but that everything's moving very quickly ("an exemplary job of resolving their issues" according to a celebrity divorce lawyer who spoke to People), seems to me that...the point of the divorce is to shield the assets from some external event. But, again, I'm no legal scholar.

Like Ghislaine Maxwell (whose lawyer just released the black-eye photo last week illustrating the tough time she's been having in the clink) getting good and ready to name names.

I still think he'll end up with a non-Western activist. Maybe Malala. She's 23, after all, hardly jailbait (kidding, sort of).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 4, 2021 8:32 PM

And yet, r260, it is often "the personal lives" of scientists, inventors, and innovators that impel them to discover, invent, and create.

And sometimes to die.

by Anonymousreply 294May 4, 2021 9:10 PM

Rashida and Bill have been working on a podcast together, it is not outside the realm of possibility. All the scoffing on here is suspect. Time will tell.

From their demeanor of late I would guess this is a divorce to divorce, not just an attempt to protect assests.

It could be his old flame that he has spent a weekend with each year, or the delightful Rashida (although would suck for Ezra K and their kid) or someone else. We will ALL know in due time. Their youngest is in college now, that is often the trigger for divorce in unhappy couples. Melinda did recently purchase a modest house in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 295May 4, 2021 9:17 PM

If I were one of his kids and he was only leaving me a tiny amount of $$$, I’d make sure my mother divorced him and left me a proper inheritance. $$$ makes the world go round!

by Anonymousreply 296May 4, 2021 9:29 PM

Maybe he's in the Epstein shit a lot more than we know (at this time) and this divorce is to protect as many assets as possible. Harvey Weinstein did the same thing with his quickie divorce.

by Anonymousreply 297May 4, 2021 11:03 PM

If it turns out Bill Gates is the dirtiest freak, that he puts Randy Andy, Slick Willy, Nasty Weinstein, and all the rest to shame with his unimaginably torid sexploitations, which are soon revealed by the tabloids and shock the world... I would be amused.

by Anonymousreply 298May 4, 2021 11:23 PM

Its always the quiet ones...

by Anonymousreply 299May 4, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote]If they were together for 27 years, it must have worked well for a very long time.

Oh HELL no.

by Anonymousreply 300May 4, 2021 11:30 PM

"Rashida and Bill have been working on a podcast together, it is not outside the realm of possibility. All the scoffing on here is suspect. Time will tell."

Working on a podcast together doesn't mean a thing. I mean really; they're doing a podcast together so that proves there's a possibility they're fucking? That's ridiculous. But some people will believe anything, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 301May 4, 2021 11:53 PM

We do not have proof one way or the other, R301. Time will tell. The podcast indicates that they are acquainted, it is not some randomly chosen name.

by Anonymousreply 302May 4, 2021 11:55 PM

R302, if you think simply being "acquainted" with someone means there's a possibility there's fucking going then you have a very overactive imagination. "Time will tell", alright. It'll tell that some people will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 303May 5, 2021 12:29 AM

I doubt Rashida and Gates have been in the same studio in the last 14 months — you can podcast remotely, you know.

by Anonymousreply 304May 5, 2021 12:40 AM

He's leaving her for Jarec Wentworth

by Anonymousreply 305May 5, 2021 12:41 AM

Bill Gates owns more private farmland in the US than anyone else, an analysis by The Land Report found.

His 242,000 acres of farmland stretch across 18 states from Washington to Florida, according to the report.

The land could be split between the Microsoft founder and his wife Melinda Gates after their divorce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 5, 2021 12:48 AM

It is gossip, R303! Unclench.

by Anonymousreply 307May 5, 2021 12:59 AM

[R143], I'm a block north of you. My unit faces north, though. I should have heard something, though. This is a really quiet neighbourhood, and has been since I moved in July 1998.

by Anonymousreply 308May 5, 2021 1:00 AM

Obviously, Bill's got a Turkish belly dancer stashed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 5, 2021 1:08 AM

R303, that poster R302 is a lunatic who sees conspiracies and secret romances everywhere she looks. She thinks Meghan Markle and Harry are in a lavender marriage.

by Anonymousreply 310May 5, 2021 1:18 AM

R308 LOL, well my apartment faces south towards Roy/Mercer/Seattle Center and I would never call it quiet. Traffic noises all the time plus I can easily hear loud events coming from the stadium like crowd roars and Bumbershoot concerts.

by Anonymousreply 311May 5, 2021 1:19 AM

Melinda Gates looks uncannily like Caitlyn Jenner. No loss for Bill in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 312May 5, 2021 1:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 5, 2021 2:25 AM

Maybe he was charmed and flattered by her attentiveness? We shall see. Hope not, would suck to be Ezra and the kid if so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 5, 2021 2:29 AM

This is DL so I'm expecting threads on how Bill's closeted homosexuality is what finally did the marriage in....eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 315May 5, 2021 2:39 AM

R297 A divorce to protect assets might -- or might not -- work out for the ordinary wealthy facing some sort of big asset claim. But Gates is beyond wealthy. There's only one event that could seriously dent his assets, and that's divorce itself. All other possible claims I can imagine relating to his personal behavior would be peanuts in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 316May 5, 2021 2:42 AM

He’s a total aspie. With money, they never need to learn social skills.

by Anonymousreply 317May 5, 2021 2:45 AM

I think it is actually a divorce. Their interactions in more recent interviews have changed. I do not think this is soley a financial manuever of some kind. And she bought a very modest house in Seattle recently, apparently, to live in.

I have never heard anyone say much positive about him as a person. I think there is a 3rd party involved. Maybe the Outer Banks former flame?

It is not that unusual for parents to split when the youngest child is off to college.

by Anonymousreply 318May 5, 2021 2:46 AM

He has had a LOT of social media training, R317. In old tapes he rocks back and forth.

It is rumored that his mother arranged the marriage prior to her death.

by Anonymousreply 319May 5, 2021 2:47 AM

I'm curious to know if he has any insight into his condition and whether he cares about his interactions with others or if he puts people off. Being an aspie means there are processing and social skills deficits but not necessarily that a person is devoid of human kindness or doesn't care. I wonder if he's been in therapy beyond media training. He does come of as less weird as he's gotten older. Maybe having children helped. He's always beaming in the family pictures.

by Anonymousreply 320May 5, 2021 2:54 AM

R313 yes I’d seen photos of his ex-GF. It’s evident that many of these strictly techie guys value other traits aside from looks. Check out Steve Wozniak’s current wife in the link.

It’s the social media and business moguls who are into superficial looks when it comes to wives and girlfriends. Only exception is Zuckerberg. Had Bezos gotten rich in his early 30s he’d probably wouldn’t have married Mackenzie. But strangely enough he ended up with a fug who looks like a ladyboy in girlfriend Lauren Sanchez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 5, 2021 2:59 AM

Saw this, maybe the falling out had to do with the foundation? Time will tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 5, 2021 3:07 AM

R322 from viewing interviews, reading about his policies and closely observing his body language, I have the impression that Bill Gates is a sociopathic narcissist. I am not familiar with the nuances of functional autism, but these are all merely labels for patterns of personality and behavior.

I sense he may be brilliant with manipulation of facts, but he seems devoid of any sort of community empathy or perceptive insight.

With his perceived power due to $$$$$$$ like a modern day Robber Barron (or land grabber), this makes him scary: a bit like Trump was when he was in demolition mode as president.

Perhaps his divorce with Melinda will mitigate some potentialities by tying up his time, $$$$$$, and reputation.

Can only hope this is the case.

by Anonymousreply 323May 5, 2021 3:16 AM

They are not monogamous. He likes black and latina mistresses

Bill Gates is a complete psycho. He is going to go off the rails without his father and elderly relatives reining him in. Melinda was a public face to that family.

Also, Bill Gates is extremely competitive with other billionaires, especially Bezos. Bezos is throwing sex party.

by Anonymousreply 324May 5, 2021 3:18 AM

Melinds looks like Chasten Buttigieg in drag.

by Anonymousreply 325May 5, 2021 3:23 AM

"Maybe he was charmed and flattered by her attentiveness? We shall see. Hope not, would suck to be Ezra and the kid if so.

Are the dip who keeps saying "Time will tell?" Well, I don't think time is going to tell anything about Bill Gates fucking Rashida Jones no matter how much you want it to be so. Just the idea of those two having a love/sex relationship is pretty damn funny. Maybe YOU want them to be a couple but I don't think there's much chance of that being a reality.

by Anonymousreply 326May 5, 2021 4:23 AM

They closed on an expensive San Diego beachfront home 13 mos ago....doesn’t it seem likely something major happened just since then? Unless that was part of a mend the relationship plan..

by Anonymousreply 327May 5, 2021 4:26 AM

I think that may be where Melinda is going to live, R327.

R326, so adamant! Unless you are fucking one of them you really do have no more idea than anyone else. Why so emotionally and personally invested? No one would have guessed Bezos was fucking Sanchez either. This world is full of surprises. I am certain more information will be forthcoming, until then, it is all speculation.

by Anonymousreply 328May 5, 2021 4:41 AM

R328 it is YOU who are invested, with every fiber of your being, in creating a love affair between Bill Gates and Rashida Jones. I don't know why that is, but for whatever reason it's weird. Really weird.

by Anonymousreply 329May 5, 2021 4:44 AM

"A lot of men and quite a few women find her quite appealing, [R284]. Bill Gates may be among them, we will know in due time."

Oh give it up, you twat. You're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 330May 5, 2021 4:49 AM

Let's be real. If we were billionaires, we wouldn't be married or monogamous. We'd be fucking a different hottie every night of the week. It's a mystery to me why billionaire like Gates, Bezos or Zuckerberg are even interested in being married.

by Anonymousreply 331May 5, 2021 4:49 AM

Billionaires are human beings, too. They want families, stability. Not all of them raging sex fiends. Steve Jobs apparently was very happy with his wife. He wrote this to her on their 20th wedding anniversary:

"We didn't know much about each other 20 years ago. We were guided by our intuition; you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married on the Ahwahnee. Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times, but never bad times. Our love and respect has endured and grown. We've been though so much together and here we are right back where we started 20 years ago...older, wiser...with wrinkles on our faces and hearts. We now know many of life's joys, sufferings, secrets and wonders and we're still here together. My feet have never returned to the ground."

by Anonymousreply 332May 5, 2021 5:07 AM

that personal assistant of his probably wrote that. Steve Jobs was devoid of emotion.

by Anonymousreply 333May 5, 2021 5:10 AM

There was the rumor that Gates took his son to brothels to experience the “delights” with him several years ago as Rory was coming-of-age.

Included in these rumors were also things mentioned in posts above: Gates had escorts service him regularly at the office. Also he has a fondness for “exotic” women.

Not stepping into the Rashida Jones thing, I will say that the podcast with Bill Gates seems very bizarre. Even an article questioned it. Given that Rashida is rather “exotic” (in terms of her genetic and celebrity background), it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that the 2 have/had some kind of connection.

Strange, but then again Bill Gates, like Bezos, Zuck and Musk, are all socially strange. Creepy, really.

And given the history Bill Gates shares with Jeffery Epstein, I would NOT put anything past him.

by Anonymousreply 334May 5, 2021 5:12 AM

Conscious uncoupling due to entanglement

by Anonymousreply 335May 5, 2021 5:27 AM

Ok so divorce announced yesterday, scoop about his weekends with ex-girlfriend all over news today. Who here with a PR background thinks the wife leaked it and who here thinks Gates' own team leaked it?

Ive considered multiple angles and I'd say its 90/10 that Bill Gates' own team put the info out there today. If it was anyone besides the two of them, it wouldnt have hit today. This was orchestrated as part of the divorce battle. Its so transparent that it wouldnt even make sense for Melinda's team to put it out today. Makes more sense that Bill's team put it out to say "we're not fucking around and we're not going to be held hostage by any personal baggage you're thinking of airing, we'll air it ourselves if need be."

by Anonymousreply 336May 5, 2021 5:34 AM

Steve Jobs was an awful human being to his eldest daughter. He was also a dick to most of his employees. If there’s one word to describe him, it’s hubris. If he had listened to medical advice when he was initially diagnosed with cancer, surgery and chemo, he would’ve had a good chance of a cure. But he waited until the cancer had spread before he acquiesced to recommended treatment. I know a couple of people who were on his care and treatment teams, his personality never softened even in the last months.

by Anonymousreply 337May 5, 2021 5:36 AM

Does Bill eat pussy?🧐

by Anonymousreply 338May 5, 2021 5:40 AM

no he's a dead fish, unless he is in a violent rage.

by Anonymousreply 339May 5, 2021 5:41 AM

no one understood how Melinda could put up with him.

by Anonymousreply 340May 5, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote]I know a couple of people who were on his care and treatment teams, his personality never softened even in the last months.

I don't expect people with terminal illness to become saints. I have cancer. It sucks. There's no upside to it. The stress is unremitting. I try not to be an asshole even when I'm not feeling great.

by Anonymousreply 341May 5, 2021 5:57 AM

[quote] This was orchestrated as part of the divorce battle.

R336 I'm curious as to why do you think there is going to be a battle? It's been reported that they already have a separation contract in place that they've asked the court to enforce. When putting the PDF of the divorce petition up, Business Insider noted: "In the divorce filings, the couple asked for their real property, personal property, and debts to be split according to their separation contract. Melinda Gates did not ask for spousal support." Plus, the kids are all over 18, so there's no custody issues to fight over. Even TMZ believes this will be settled without a trial.

by Anonymousreply 342May 5, 2021 6:10 AM

Ok so who are these supposed escorts who service Bill? The NDA terms must be lethal because no one actually come forward. Also, as far as liking “exotic” women goes? Pfft. His first gf looked as though she could’ve been either his mom or aunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 5, 2021 6:16 AM

Good for her! Maybe now she can get a man who can find her clitoris...

by Anonymousreply 344May 5, 2021 6:20 AM

[quote] Ok so who are these supposed escorts who service Bill? The NDA terms must be lethal because no one actually come forward. Also, as far as liking “exotic” women goes? Pfft. His first gf looked as though she could’ve been either his mom or aunt.

Looks can be deceiving.

Obviously you are convinced by staged photos, R343.

Perhaps consider looking beyond the staged managed public persona of massively wealthy personas to more candid and off guard encounters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 5, 2021 6:26 AM

"Welcome to my house! You'll find the knives in the kitchen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 5, 2021 6:41 AM

[quote] The Gores are a perfect example. They each live their own life but never bothered going through a divorce which can be a legal quagmire. Unless you plan on remarrying you don't have to bother getting divorced.

Um, what about living in sin?!? Committing adultery?

by Anonymousreply 347May 5, 2021 6:45 AM

[Quote]scoop about his weekends with ex-girlfriend all over news today

Scoop? 😂 This was reported in Time magazine over two decades ago. Keep up with the thread of you can't keep up with the news.

by Anonymousreply 348May 5, 2021 6:46 AM

R290 are you kidding? They're both worth billions, they could've each been living in separate countries in one of their 20+ homes during the last year.

by Anonymousreply 349May 5, 2021 6:47 AM

R346 Looks like Bill would fit in well here. "You know, I still wear the same size pants I wore in college."

by Anonymousreply 350May 5, 2021 6:56 AM

R349 - I wondered if Bill and Melinda have actually spent much time in residence with each other in recent years after I read youngest daughter Phoebe's bio.

This is from Gossip Cop:

[Quote]Once an aspiring ballerina, Phoebe was educated at the Professional Children’s School in New York City. She also studied at The School of American Ballet at the famed Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, as well as the prestigious Juilliard School

I have no idea how much time she was away from Seattle (she also attended Lakeside school), but if this is true I imagine her mother accompanied her. They may have been effectively separated for years.

by Anonymousreply 351May 5, 2021 7:09 AM

Sportsbetting.ag has Lilibet in the running:

[quote] The longest of long-shots to be Gates’ big rebound is Queen Elizabeth II, whose husband of 73 years died last month at the age of 99. Anyone willing to take that bet can win $1,000 by wagering a single dollar.

by Anonymousreply 352May 5, 2021 7:15 AM

R320, here he is just hangin' with the regular folk. Not noticing at all that a camera is pointed in his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 5, 2021 7:16 AM

why is this even worth reporting?

by Anonymousreply 354May 5, 2021 7:37 AM

Well JLo is available!

by Anonymousreply 355May 5, 2021 9:33 AM

Useless observation here on Gates but here goes. Saw him receiving Medal of Freedom from President Obama a few years ago. Can't remember the others who were on the podium with him waiting to receive the medal but anyway, when the time came for Gates to step up, for what had to be his big moment, all the media, famous people around him, everyone excited, big deal, historic. No.

Gates walks up, no affect, no smile, no emotion, turns around to receive the medical from the President. No real emotion. Just blank. Turns around again and walks to his chair.

I just thought. Weird. Really bad energy. Just zero affect. Almost mean. Everyone else has eyes full of tears, holding back emotion. Not Bill.

That was my impression of Bill Gates.

And I can totally see him doing this Pro Con List about whether or not to marry Melinda.

by Anonymousreply 356May 5, 2021 12:58 PM

r333 - I just read your post about Job's lack of emotion. Had not read before I posted at r356.

by Anonymousreply 357May 5, 2021 1:04 PM

Jobs was an asshole who parked in spaces for the disabled.

by Anonymousreply 358May 5, 2021 1:08 PM

Gates is autistic, R356. Lack of affect is one of the hallmarks.

by Anonymousreply 359May 5, 2021 1:22 PM

He likes intellectual women who can talk about biotechnology...not some hollywood bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 360May 5, 2021 1:28 PM

Thanks r359. Yeah, that's why I posted. I didn't get it back then when I saw the POTUS medal investiture event.

by Anonymousreply 361May 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Forever single it is for Oprah then, R73.

by Anonymousreply 362May 5, 2021 1:40 PM

I first saw the Bill and RJ gossip on this board, I did not invent it. I had no idea they had a podcast. A total rando name would be, I dunno, Winona Ryder where there is no connection between them at all.

I like Ezra's music and for their kid's sake hope it is not true, but we just do not know. Your certainty is based on nothing. Unclench. Are you so easy to wind up in real life over something that does not even directly effect you?

It could well be the woman with the Outer Banks house. Even that annual weekend does make it sound more like a deal arranged by his mom before her death than a great love for Melinda. It ran its course. But, as a rich man, it is likely there is someone else, we will see in time who it is. Lauren Sanchez was pretty left field but you could see chemistry when the 2 couples would be at events. With Gates, we will see, probably won't be long now.

by Anonymousreply 363May 5, 2021 1:43 PM

When famous and extremely wealthy people divorce, I think it boils down to fame as the reason why they can’t continue as a couple. As others had pointed out, the Gates could’ve easily lived apart and not see each other. But their endeavors are so entwined with each other’s that it’d be difficult to pretend publicly all was well in the marriage. It doesn’t have to involve extramarital affairs. With Bill, it wouldn’t fit his personality, and Rashida Jones? He’s not going to change overnight and at his age as far as in taste/ choice of women. It’s obvious he prefers geeky, educated women.

by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2021 1:50 PM

There are a lot of rumors to the contrary, R364. Perhaps as a romantic partner but there are a lot of stories of him being a bit of a freak.

by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2021 1:52 PM

Let’s not contemplate, please, R338.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2021 1:54 PM

His ex gf is now married the Kevin Kline's brother. She's 5 years older than him.

by Anonymousreply 367May 5, 2021 1:54 PM

Similar stories to Al Gore then, r365. Loved reading stories on line many years ago about his encounter in hotel room with hotel masseuse. Not long after, Tipper files.

by Anonymousreply 368May 5, 2021 1:56 PM

I thought the Gores are still technically married, R358? The Gates will be divorced soon and then we will perhaps see a bit more of the real Bill behind the PR. Or now. Steven Hawking was another said to be very into strip clubs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 369May 5, 2021 2:02 PM

Is Bill Gates a CONNOISSEUR of COCK?

by Anonymousreply 370May 5, 2021 2:04 PM

According to NY Post (2014):

Al Gore, though not divorced from wife Tipper, confirmed he is indeed dating environmental activist Elizabeth Keadle.

by Anonymousreply 371May 5, 2021 2:23 PM

I like Gore for his part in promoting environmental causes. However, I totally believed the massage therapist when she described her encounter with a predatory Gore. Interestingly enough, Tipper called it quits soon after. She must have known it wasn’t his first time, just first time getting caught. If this had happened now, the press and PTB’s wouldn’t habe tried to discredit and cover up so readily for Gore.

by Anonymousreply 372May 5, 2021 2:29 PM

Gates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 5, 2021 3:07 PM

So much for going to Miami to support his kid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374May 5, 2021 3:08 PM

A lot of these tightly wound guys like to get their freak on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 5, 2021 3:09 PM

It just dawned on me that you never hear about Paul Allen anymore. I guess he spends all of his time on his gigantic yacht.

by Anonymousreply 376May 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Paul Allen is very busy being dead.

by Anonymousreply 377May 5, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote]Microsoft Corp. cofounder Bill Gates’s investment fund has transferred 14 million shares of Canadian National Railway Co. CNR-T +1.14%increase worth about $1.8-billion to Melinda Gates, shortly after the couple announced their divorce. The move makes Ms. Gates the sixth-biggest shareholder in CN, Canada’s largest railway, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 5, 2021 4:35 PM

Rationally, she should be fine with $1.8 billion. Odd that it was concentrated in just 2 stocks though. It must be part of a bigger transfer. I think she is getting much more.

If she is all about philanthropy, she should be making him give it to the Foundation and ensuring she has equal authority over distribution. This will truly reveal how unconcerned with money she is.

Honestly, I believe in situations like these that the spouse should get like 10-20% at most. He made it. She got to raise the kids and do things that interested her. I think it’s absurd that assets should be split 50/50 regardless of who earned the money.

by Anonymousreply 379May 5, 2021 5:43 PM

R379, in many of these situations the only way the guys can "make money" is because the wife is at home taking care of the kids

by Anonymousreply 380May 5, 2021 5:54 PM

I wish I had enough money to leave my aspie. It’s a living hell.

by Anonymousreply 381May 5, 2021 5:56 PM

she deserves 50 percent. She was at home making sure everything was running smoothly, taking care of him and his needs and giving him support.

by Anonymousreply 382May 5, 2021 6:02 PM

I also think men get away with more and are more revered if they have a spouse and children. Melinda may have come on the scene after Gates "made it," but I really believe he wouldn't be the man he is seen as today: philanthropic, somewhat approachable, and someone whose advice you would actually take to heart if Melinda hadn't been there in front of and behind the scenes while also raising three children. It's hard to put a price on that.

by Anonymousreply 383May 5, 2021 6:49 PM

Bill Gates wasn't worth anywhere near $130 billion in 1993. I believe his net worth was around $6 billion then. So does half of $124 billion sound fair? That's how much his net worth grew while he was married to Melinda.

Personally, I think $62 billion to get impregnated three times by Bill Gates seems about right.

by Anonymousreply 384May 5, 2021 6:58 PM

Translator denies being the person who split up Bill and Melinda Gates

A translator who works for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has denied wild rumors on social media that she was involved in their divorce.

Zhe “Shelly” Wang, who has worked as an interpreter for the foundation since March 2015, took to social media to deny speculation that she had more than a professional relationship with Bill or Melinda.

Wang, 36, purportedly wrote on Chinese social media site Weibo, “I thought that the rumors would go away by themselves, but I did not expect the rumors to become more and more crazily spread.”

She continued, “How many books can I read, so why spend time on the unfounded rumors?

“I would like to thank everyone for their concern and help in dispelling the rumors through private messages in the past 24 hours.”

She ended her message with a link to a story titled “#Gates divorce, some vicious people rumor to vilify an innocent Chinese girl.”

According to her LinkedIn profile, which has since been disabled, Wang became an interpreter for the Monterey Institute of International Studies in September 2012 and worked on several TED Conferences.

She joined TED Conferences as an interpreter in April 2013, and she oversaw a team interpreting TED events into Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.

She also works as an interpreter for the Yale School of Management and Harvard Business School.

Little is known about the reason for the breakdown of Bill and Melinda’s marriage, but they did say in a joint statement on Monday, “After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage. Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives.”

They continued, “We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation, but we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in this next phase of our lives. We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life.”

But it has emerged that Bill, 65, and Melinda, 56, did have a bonkers pact that allowed Bill to vacation every year with his ex-girlfriend at a cozy beach cottage in North Carolina.

The billionaire Microsoft founder made sure the bizarre arrangement was part of the deal when he married Melinda in 1994, he told Time magazine in a 1997 profile.

“We can play putt-putt while discussing biotechnology,” Gates said of his private getaways with fellow nerd techie and ex Ann Winblad — who is now happily married to actor Kevin Kline’s detective brother, Alex Kline, a source told The Post.

Gates even sought Winblad’s approval before proposing to his wife.

“When I was off on my own thinking about marrying Melinda, I called Ann and asked for her approval,” he said, adding that Winblad gave the other woman the thumbs-up.

A divorce suit was filed Monday by Melinda, saying she and Bill — who married in Hawaii on New Year’s Day 1994 — don’t have a prenuptial agreement to distribute their estimated $130 billion in assets.

Being the fourth-richest person in the world gives Bill a lot of purchasing power — and he’s used it to amass an enviable collection of real estate, stocks, sports cars, rare books and artwork.

Bill and Melinda signed a separation contract for dividing their property and possessions, the terms of which weren’t disclosed in the King County Superior Court papers in Washington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 5, 2021 7:26 PM

I'm sure he's been whoring around for ages...maybe he got a whore pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 386May 5, 2021 7:27 PM

Doubt that, R385, he doesn't seem the type to care. I think it is someone else he wants to be with. Possible that she does. We will know soon.

by Anonymousreply 387May 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Bill owned his MS shares before marriage. Unless he somehow made them marital property, they'd remain his separate property.

The increase in value during marriage of a spouse's separate-property business can become marital property in certain cases. However, Washington follows a narrow rule:

"The often-recited Washington rule is that so long as the owner-spouse is adequately compensated, a separate property business retains its separate character and all income generated by the business, and any increase in value of that business, is separate property."

Point is, while Washington is a community property state, it doesn't necessarily follow that all of Bill's assets are community property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 5, 2021 7:33 PM

Chinese spies nail those elderly billionaires! See Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 389May 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Since the couple themselves has already agreed to and signed a separation contract that they've both asked the court to enforce, what would or would not meet the State of Washington's definition of community property seems moot.

by Anonymousreply 390May 5, 2021 7:51 PM

R342 I dont know if its going to be messy. Maybe not.

I was just asking what people thought about who was responsible for this very specific leak at a very specific time. It had to be either Bill or Melinda. I think it was Bill's team. They both have legal teams working around the clock including PR people. The revelation of negative information in such a targeted way (day after the announcement) seems like a pre-emptive move to let Melinda's team know they aren't going to have public revelations steer their strategy and they cant be pushed into a more favorable settlement by revealing unflattering info about Gates.

by Anonymousreply 391May 5, 2021 7:58 PM

But when they agreed to the terms of that separation agreement, the extent of community property in the marital estate was no doubt an important consideration. So moot it is not.

by Anonymousreply 392May 5, 2021 7:59 PM

The beach weekends were written about in a Time piece years ago, R391. It was not unknown information.

The settlement agreement was signed by both parties.

by Anonymousreply 393May 5, 2021 8:02 PM

R391 They have kids and reputations they want to preserve and they aren't the Markles by nature. This will not be a messy divorce. It'll be a nice quiet friendly Seattle divorce.

by Anonymousreply 394May 5, 2021 8:06 PM

How can anyone think she deserves $80 billion for staying at home and taking care of house and kids? He could have paid someone $100k/year for that. His ideas and his work - however unethical - made the billions. I think the “she/he stayed at home and made it possible to make that money” is BS. Make your own money - kids are just an excuse not to work. As true for a billionaire as a middle class couple - if you want to be a kept woman/man, you sacrifice your own self and security. Unless there is a written agreement stating the money maker is willing to pay you x amount or % of their earnings, it’s lazy and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 395May 5, 2021 8:14 PM

You sound jealous of what was undoubtedly a very large settlement, R395.

by Anonymousreply 396May 5, 2021 8:15 PM

R395, no one said she deserves $80 billion but she does deserve something

Calling stay-at-home moms "lazy" is silly since straight guys often don't want their wives to work. It probably takes more effort to raise young kids than it does to do a lot of desk jobs.

by Anonymousreply 397May 5, 2021 8:19 PM

It will be hilarious if Melinda instigated this to get with a young and hot guy. She is the one who filed, after all. And there's a precedent: Marcia Lucas ran off with a contractor who'd been working on her and George's home.

by Anonymousreply 398May 5, 2021 8:31 PM

Just a comment about the Gates; comment about something like the other not suitable for "living together" the rest of their lives. Going to sound sexist here......but that statement struck me as something a woman would say. Or place importance on. Or even feel bothered about. Gates doesn't strike me as caring one way or the other about long term happiness or soft issues like that.

Could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 399May 5, 2021 8:35 PM

"It probably takes more effort to raise young kids than it does to do a lot of desk jobs."

A fair assumption it would be that Mrs. Gates had the sort of help a harried middle-class mother of three could only dream of.

by Anonymousreply 400May 5, 2021 8:37 PM

He's had two serious relationships. The women were Melinda Gates and Ann Winblad. Neither of them by any stretch of the imagination could be called "exotic." Very smart, accomplished women, neither of them beauties. That seems to be what he goes for. Women with good minds, women he can relate to. Not "exotic" types.

by Anonymousreply 401May 5, 2021 8:45 PM

I don't think Melinda was ever a "stay at home mom". She's worked at their Foundation since it started over 20 years ago.

She's the wife of a billionaire. She was never at home changing nappies and making cookies....that's what staff is for.

Also the comments that she's not up to Bill's alleged genius levels of intellect is ridiculous. She's a highly educated and intelligent woman.

by Anonymousreply 402May 5, 2021 8:51 PM

I think people can't comprehend the level of wealth they have, r402. They can't relate so comments are going to sound slightly "off."

by Anonymousreply 403May 5, 2021 8:53 PM

Boy, the rumors are flying fast and furious. And getting nuttier all the time. Here's one about a translator working for the Gates Foundation. She's accused of somehow being involved in the divorce. Here's what she has to say about it:

A translator who works for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has denied wild rumors on social media that she was involved in their divorce.

Zhe “Shelly” Wang, who has worked as an interpreter for the foundation since March 2015, took to social media to deny speculation that she had more than a professional relationship with Bill or Melinda.

Wang, 36, purportedly wrote on Chinese social media site Weibo, “I thought that the rumors would go away by themselves, but I did not expect the rumors to become more and more crazily spread.”

She continued, “How many books can I read, so why spend time on the unfounded rumors?

“I would like to thank everyone for their concern and help in dispelling the rumors through private messages in the past 24 hours.”

She ended her message with a link to a story titled “#Gates divorce, some vicious people rumor to vilify an innocent Chinese girl.”

by Anonymousreply 404May 5, 2021 8:53 PM

r404 - See r385.

by Anonymousreply 405May 5, 2021 8:56 PM

Wang is trying to get famous. Don't trust the little minx.

by Anonymousreply 406May 5, 2021 9:13 PM

Can't be that good of a translator, what does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 407May 5, 2021 9:20 PM

She is pretty.

Eh, in time we will all know.

by Anonymousreply 408May 5, 2021 9:21 PM

Agree being a mother/father could be more challenging than working in a call center - but I would bet 90% of people would rather do that. If he/she wants their spouse to stay home, it is stupid for the spouse not to get something in writing that provides financial compensation. I don’t get how people think they can just not work but be assured financial security.

by Anonymousreply 409May 5, 2021 9:42 PM

I don't think Melinda spent much time at home. She has also written several books. She travels constantly - throughout Africa and Asia, her particular interest is educating girls.

by Anonymousreply 410May 5, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote] She is the one who filed, after all.

R398 I don't get the significance of that in this particular case. Divorce is a civil matter, so one party is identified as the "petitioner" while the other becomes the "respondent," but in this case, his response is in a Joinder to the Petition with him signing-agreeing to what was being presented to the court.

by Anonymousreply 411May 5, 2021 10:18 PM

"Eh, in time we will all know."

Know what?

by Anonymousreply 412May 5, 2021 10:49 PM

Who the Gates go on to be publically involved with next.

by Anonymousreply 413May 5, 2021 10:50 PM

Why should anybody give a rat's ass who Gates goes on to be "publically (Oh, dear!)" involved with? All this speculation about who Bill Gates is or will be fucking seems pretty dopey. Why should anybody care? He'll move on; so will Melinda Gates. Big deal. So what.

by Anonymousreply 414May 5, 2021 11:15 PM

You are on a gossip board, R414, perhaps you took a wrong turn. Not clicking on the thread is also an option.

by Anonymousreply 415May 5, 2021 11:28 PM

What if there was some huge betrayal like Bill having an affair with a trusted friend or assistant a la Shania Twain and Mutt Lang having a long term clandestine affair with her best friend? Or what if Bill took up with one of his daughter's horsey set friends? My bet is on Melinda having had enough of whatever it was since she is the one who filed.

by Anonymousreply 416May 5, 2021 11:37 PM

That would be scandalous, R416, but probably nothing that exciting. Since the woman with the beach house is now married, I wonder if their annual getaways have continued?

by Anonymousreply 417May 5, 2021 11:39 PM

I hope he wasn't caught banging one of the household staff!

by Anonymousreply 418May 6, 2021 12:10 AM

It's gotta be something unsavoury about to come out. Maybe a few hookers encased in concrete under the house?

by Anonymousreply 419May 6, 2021 12:19 AM

Prob not that lurid, R419. It is well known that he goes to strip clubs though.

by Anonymousreply 420May 6, 2021 12:22 AM

Being married to Melinda changed all of that. I'm sure she made him bathe too. It was known that Bill was so immersed in his work at Microsoft he disregarded his hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 421May 6, 2021 12:27 AM

There's gossip and then there's gossip, R415. Gossiping about the sex life of Bill Gates seems rather desperate. Although there have been a lot of lurid speculations I seriously doubt anything Bill Gates does in the sack is worth obsessing over. He really doesn't strike me as a sex crazy maniac who is into "exotic" escorts and the like. I doubt he's a sex trafficker, despite knowing Jeffrey Epstein. If any of that was going on I think it would have come to light a long time before this. Over the years, all the years of his marriage, there was never any indication of anything like that going on. He seems pretty boring to me. And it seems like the end of his marriage is going to be very civilized. no lawsuits, no fighting over everything. It all seems very dull. All the crazy gossip (he's fucking Rashida Jones! He's fucking a Chinese translator!) seems like I said: desperate. Desperate to find dirt about Bill Gates. I don't think he's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 422May 6, 2021 12:31 AM

Can’t wait to see the fallout from the inevitable Grimes/Elon Musk split.

by Anonymousreply 423May 6, 2021 12:34 AM

The very last page of the documents R160 linked to, has a date in the lower left footer of 08/18/2018. Maybe she's been sitting on this for a while.

Aside from some primo dick, I hope she gets a lot of love, and attention in her next relationship. That he was never around was her most repeated complaint.

by Anonymousreply 424May 6, 2021 12:34 AM

Then bounce from the thread, R422. No one asked you to characterize our participation.

by Anonymousreply 425May 6, 2021 12:35 AM

I looked at their daughter Jennifer's IG page - a ton of photos of her mother, just a couple of photos of her father taken when she was little.

by Anonymousreply 426May 6, 2021 12:36 AM

Elon Musk is a predatory fellow. He was married not once, but twice to the actress Talulah Riley. Had ironclad prenups. He gave her around $30 million to go away and never say a word about him. She has subsequently disappeared into the ether with her money.

Grimes, with the child, will get much more than Riley. But if Musk wants to dispatch her, he will quickly and quietly.

by Anonymousreply 427May 6, 2021 12:49 AM

422 = Bill Gates

by Anonymousreply 428May 6, 2021 1:16 AM

So far the only substantiated "dirt" that can be dug up about Bill Gates is that he "shacked up" on vacations with an ex-girlfriend while married to Melinda. And that is very old news. And Melinda knew all about it and was ok with it. So far that is ALL the "dirt" that is out there. Not much to see, really.

by Anonymousreply 429May 6, 2021 1:26 AM

R422 and R429 appear to be cleaners.

If you don't want to gossip on a gossip board, feel free to read a book. Your posts here only encourage us.

by Anonymousreply 430May 6, 2021 1:28 AM

Hopefully we'll know who they're pubicly linked to soon.

by Anonymousreply 431May 6, 2021 1:32 AM

Still cherishing hopes of hilarious dish to come. That Bezos thing was hugely entertaining, total scream.

by Anonymousreply 432May 6, 2021 1:41 AM

Hopefully R431 will get a life. And learn how to spell. "Pubicly?" Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 433May 6, 2021 1:43 AM

I’m sure the media is working 24/7 to get us answers. Another theory, based on no actual knowledge or hearsay: one of them is really ill, and the other just doesn’t have enough good feeling left to help them through it. Sayonara.

by Anonymousreply 434May 6, 2021 1:50 AM

They may be linked that way as well, R433.

by Anonymousreply 435May 6, 2021 1:50 AM

When did the youngest turn 18?

I think she was a long suffering wife who held it together for the kids, I don't think he was ever faithful, probably cheating on biz trips etc. Or maybe she was ok with him going to strip clubs, it's not like you can touch the whores there and I doubt he went into vip rooms, those rooms have secret cameras, he ain't that stupid.

She probably told him she was gonna leave when the youngest kid turned 18, she's been planning this.

by Anonymousreply 436May 6, 2021 2:15 AM

r436 She turned 18 in September.

by Anonymousreply 437May 6, 2021 2:30 AM

I agree with the youngest turning 18 trigger. They stayed together until the kid went to college - but it was over long ago. Good for them for divorcing. I give Melinda credit.

by Anonymousreply 438May 6, 2021 2:34 AM

His father also died fairly recently. I agree that it was likely due to the youngest leaving home for college.

If it was not the beach house lady, now married, or the Chinese spy, wonder who PageSix will have for us to debate tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 439May 6, 2021 2:34 AM

My money is on the DM, our paper of record, to sniff out the lovah(s).

They had better not disappoint me!

by Anonymousreply 440May 6, 2021 2:43 AM

Check out the beach house photos on the other thread. Plywood paneling and metal metal chairs around the dining table.

by Anonymousreply 441May 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Agree with r441. It's a real...treat. Come on over and dish.

by Anonymousreply 442May 6, 2021 2:51 AM

Capital gains tax dodge. Thanks Biden!

by Anonymousreply 443May 6, 2021 2:52 AM

Link to "Love Nest"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 6, 2021 2:54 AM

FOLDING metal chairs

by Anonymousreply 445May 6, 2021 3:01 AM

I find it funny that Gates himself shared the story of his long weekends with Time magazine, so straight from the horse's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 446May 6, 2021 3:01 AM

How unromantic.

by Anonymousreply 447May 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Stop feeding misinformation, it would be news if he step foot inside a strip club. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 448May 6, 2021 3:15 AM

R443 Not sure how Biden's tax plans would make divorce advantageous, but by odd coincidence Washington's governor just this week signed a new capital gains tax. At seven percent it's worth avoiding. Will Melinda very soon be relocating to Texas, Nevada, Florida etc.?

by Anonymousreply 449May 6, 2021 3:15 AM

R448 He's been known to go to strip clubs. What's the big deal?

He's not the fucking Pope. I don't get the pearl clutching.

by Anonymousreply 450May 6, 2021 3:26 AM

"He's been known to go to strip clubs. "

Sez who? I've heard a lot of things about Bill Gates, but I've never heard of him going to strip clubs. Seems to me if that were true it would have been reported everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 451May 6, 2021 3:48 AM

OK, tedious PR poodle being tedious.

by Anonymousreply 452May 6, 2021 3:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Strip clubs are legal. His patronage was written about in a book. Only posting because you asked, R451. Your work in these threads is counterproductive for the interests of your client.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 6, 2021 4:02 AM

r454 CDAN is your source, LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 455May 6, 2021 5:41 AM

CDAN's a rightwing nutjob conspiracy site now - totally worthless.

R429 Bill's old girlfriend is 6 years older than him - so she's 71. And she's less attractive than Melinda (who's a spring chicken of 56).

by Anonymousreply 456May 6, 2021 5:46 AM

The guy likes to let his hair down once in a blue moon, who fucking cares?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 6, 2021 5:52 AM

She married an autistic guy with a flat affect, no emotion, had three kids, ran a huge house and and worked full time at their foundation. Now the kids are grown. She’s done. Let someone else deal with making sure he’s eating right and showering regularly and not being rude to the staff.

by Anonymousreply 458May 6, 2021 10:39 AM

Rumor has it she’s been riding the pool boys HARD. Bill caught her in the act many times but the orgy on Epstein island 🏝 was the final nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 459May 6, 2021 11:22 AM

I don't think she cares that he goes to strip clubs, there is no fucking going on there. You can't even touch the whores. C'mon, she agreed to his once a year fuck fest with the ex. I doubt she cares about him blowing off steam in a strip club.

I think he is a romantic, he didn't sign a prenup. He was already a billionaire and I'm sure he was advised by many to get one.

by Anonymousreply 460May 6, 2021 12:59 PM

CDAN notes a BOOK by an owner of Scores re: Gates patronage. Gates' PR is no better than the Narkles.

by Anonymousreply 461May 6, 2021 1:15 PM

More dribbles from TMZ

[quote] So here's the takeaway. First, we're told this was not a friendly split. We're told Melinda and most of the family were furious at Bill for various things they claim he had done.

[quote] Second ... it's clear this divorce has been a long time in the making. And, finally, it appears they have all but reached a property settlement given the lawyers have been working on it for months and Bill transferred nearly $2 billion in stock to Melinda on the very day she filed for divorce. These things are not done piecemeal ... it would almost certainly have been part of a global settlement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 6, 2021 2:13 PM

You could see all was not well when they were interviewed together of late.

by Anonymousreply 463May 6, 2021 2:31 PM

Maybe this will be our new entertainment, the Narkles have gotten boring. Act out/while, act out/whine.

Come on TMZ and Daily Mail and PageSix!

by Anonymousreply 464May 6, 2021 2:38 PM

Sounds like Bill was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

by Anonymousreply 465May 6, 2021 2:45 PM

Hopefully this and the Bezos divorce continues the conversation about the absurdity of lifelong monogamous marriage in modern society. I believe if the shackles of marriage and it’s assumptions were removed there are lots of variations of long term relationships that would help people thrive - and possibly remain in partnership for their whole lives. Gays were at the forefront of defining new forms of relationships. I would hope being able to get married doesn’t make people believe that a state-sanctioned, legally binding contract with complicated financial implications and burdensome social assumptions and obligations is THE goal in life.

by Anonymousreply 466May 6, 2021 2:55 PM

r461 r464 Can we PLEASE keep this thread to the discussion of Bill and Melinda? No need to bring in "The Narkles" (painfully stupid nickname). So sick of seeing mention of them pop up in threads ranging from food you missed as a kid, to favorite musical. Go find your own sandbox to play in. God knows there are more than enough

by Anonymousreply 467May 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Melinda is walking away with 2 billion, not so bad.

by Anonymousreply 468May 6, 2021 3:15 PM

She needs more than that if she’s used to blowing $132k/night on hotels!

by Anonymousreply 469May 6, 2021 3:21 PM

He's probably been giving money away to whores and other undeserving types...that's why the wife wants her cut now.

He has hired 3 law firms on this divorce and she also has 3 law firms working on this.

by Anonymousreply 470May 6, 2021 3:22 PM

I hope it gets really messy.

by Anonymousreply 471May 6, 2021 3:23 PM

That's the Datalounge spirit r471 !

by Anonymousreply 472May 6, 2021 3:36 PM

I don't understand why this guy had to put a public announcement of his divorce. Is this money related? Why should anyone care? I'm genuinely curious about this. He's not even a celebrity. Is this put out so that lawyers can use it as leverage in the divorce?

by Anonymousreply 473May 6, 2021 3:40 PM

R473, everyone knows who Bill Gates is

by Anonymousreply 474May 6, 2021 3:44 PM

R474 Trevor Noah said he'd been getting emails from everybody he knew in Africa, all upset about the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 475May 6, 2021 3:46 PM

I think Bill and Liz the Second of the UK would make a great power couple.

by Anonymousreply 476May 6, 2021 3:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 6, 2021 4:53 PM

Of course the children are going to side with Melinda. She is the one who could and would leave them huge inheritance since Bill has said on record that he wouldn’t do it. So there’s that obvious angle, it doesn’t automatically mean that he was cheating on her, hence the children are “upset” at him.

by Anonymousreply 478May 6, 2021 5:06 PM

Typical man!

by Anonymousreply 479May 6, 2021 5:21 PM

Melinda has rather pedestrian taste for the size of her wallet. Here’s the pretty underwhelming island with its tiny little beach that she rented... there are way nicer choices in the Caribbean like Musha Cay or Guana Island.

Give me a call, Mel! I’ll help you spend better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 6, 2021 5:31 PM

so who was the love of his life? Melinda or the ex? Can you love 2 people at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 481May 6, 2021 5:39 PM

I wouldn’t call Melinda’s taste underwhelming nor her ability to spend $$$. At their Seattle area compound, Melinda had sand flown in from the Caribbean islands in order to have an ersatz island away from the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 482May 6, 2021 5:42 PM

Says the woman-hater at r479

by Anonymousreply 483May 6, 2021 6:08 PM

I told you that she would walk away with a couple billion dollars and y'all insisted that she wouldn't get a penny over $60 million due to an ironclad prenup. Hah! I'm always right.

by Anonymousreply 484May 6, 2021 6:15 PM

Gates recently bought up massive amounts of farmland all over the Midwest (I think). I wonder what that's about.

by Anonymousreply 485May 6, 2021 6:21 PM

She needs to become a major haute couture client. The vendeuse at all the top houses would warmly welcome her with open arms into this wonderful little “club”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486May 6, 2021 6:28 PM

R485, I am very curious about that. For some reason, it doesn't sit right with me.

by Anonymousreply 487May 6, 2021 7:06 PM

I wonder if he got some whore pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 488May 6, 2021 7:24 PM

$132,000 A FUCKING NIGHT?

by Anonymousreply 489May 6, 2021 7:42 PM

R395, you are likely the biggest idiot this board has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 490May 6, 2021 7:50 PM

R489, I think it's for the whole island.

by Anonymousreply 491May 6, 2021 7:53 PM

Well R484 you’re not right.

That $2 billion figure was only related to the transfer of stock in one specific Canadian rail company that represented their investment as a couple and was required to be made public by financial laws. Other stocks transfers and sales that require public disclosure may take months to be reported.

Who knows if Melinda will really end up with half of Bill’s net worth, but anybody who thinks she’s walking away with only a few billion is high. That would be only a little more than 1% of his assets... there’s no way anyone in her position would agree to that. She mostly likely leaving with at least $20 to $25 billion and probably even more.

by Anonymousreply 492May 6, 2021 7:55 PM

R487, he said his fake meat biz WOULD be profitable, if there are fewer ranchers that may be one route to achieving his goal.

by Anonymousreply 493May 6, 2021 7:56 PM

That makes no sense, r493. So he makes money in one part of his business because he’s losing money in another?

by Anonymousreply 494May 6, 2021 7:59 PM

R489 it’s for the entire island and a pretty typical nightly price for something like that or renting a luxury yacht, for example.

by Anonymousreply 495May 6, 2021 8:13 PM

I’m not questioning whether it’s a good bargain. I’m questioning the cost, period.

by Anonymousreply 496May 6, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote]$132,000 A FUCKING NIGHT?

And they probably still add on a resort fee.

by Anonymousreply 497May 6, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote]Zhe “Shelly” Wang, who has worked as an interpreter for the foundation since March 2015, took to social media to deny speculation that she had more than a professional relationship with Bill or Melinda.

Is "Zhe" her name or her preferred pronoun?

by Anonymousreply 498May 6, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] They are the Liz and Dick (or may be bigger) of the tech world. SAD

Hardly. Liz and Dick were both world-famous individually before they ever got together. No one knew who Melinda was. They're not even the Andrew Cuomo-Sandra Lee of the tech world.

by Anonymousreply 499May 6, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote]Was Bill a virgin when they got married?

I think he still is.

by Anonymousreply 500May 6, 2021 8:19 PM

Is it true he found her in bed pleasuring herself with Clippy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 6, 2021 8:20 PM

Sorry ... bad link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Melinda is also doing this for her kids. This is the only way that they will get billions in inheritance. It’s a no brainer. You think a woman who spends $132k a night for vacation accommodations alone will want her own kids to be left with in Bill’s own words “very little” of his personal wealth? Get real.

by Anonymousreply 503May 6, 2021 8:44 PM

He's on record as saying his kids will get no more than $10 million each. But he was I believe talking hard cash, god knows what other assets he will throw in. He's already hooked the youngest up with a $5 million condo, and splashed god knows what on his other daughter's horse habit.

Not *that* kind of horse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504May 7, 2021 12:52 AM

Oh, he'll soften once the grandchildren start coming along. They all do.

by Anonymousreply 505May 7, 2021 12:57 AM

He is pretending to be a scientist on TV again. Bill Gates is a complete psycho.

by Anonymousreply 506May 7, 2021 1:03 AM

[R504] But, the gold digging whores get 99%.

by Anonymousreply 507May 7, 2021 1:04 AM

There's 3 psycho billionaires available, Kris Kar must be foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 508May 7, 2021 1:10 AM

R506 no worse than all the randos pretending to be scientists on DL.

by Anonymousreply 509May 7, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote]He's on record as saying his kids will get no more than $10 million each.

I feel their pain.

by Anonymousreply 510May 7, 2021 2:16 AM

he does not like his kids, like a true sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 511May 7, 2021 2:34 AM

These posts suggesting that Bill has some wild and crazy sex life are HILARIOUS. The guy looks like he's about to drop dead. Probably hasn't been able to get hard in at least 10 years...

by Anonymousreply 512May 7, 2021 2:44 AM

Maybe that is why he likes to watch at strip clubs, R512.

by Anonymousreply 513May 7, 2021 2:53 AM

R512, it's never hard to find sex when you're rich

by Anonymousreply 514May 7, 2021 2:55 AM

I never said he wasn't known, I said he wasn't a celebrity. It's a genuine question, if you want people to respect your privacy maybe don't post it online and ignore it. Real celebrities actually do that, many don't even have social media.

by Anonymousreply 515May 7, 2021 3:25 AM

This thread has dirt in it for those of us who wanted it messy.

Including an article re: Gates and Epstein that I'm only halfway through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516May 7, 2021 4:25 AM

Already discussed in this thread R516.

by Anonymousreply 517May 7, 2021 4:34 AM

r517 Discussed, yes, but someone copied and pasted the entire article in the thread above. It is quite long with far more detail than was discussed here. It is worth the read.

by Anonymousreply 518May 7, 2021 4:40 AM

Why is everyone called Bill such an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 519May 7, 2021 10:34 AM

R515, people would have found out they were divorcing anyway, even if they hadn't announced it

You just admitted he's "known".....that makes him a celebrity

by Anonymousreply 520May 7, 2021 2:26 PM

Melinda hardly a saint. Anybody who hides things like the Epstein ties while the money is flowing only to dish when the spigot goes dry is equally filthy.

by Anonymousreply 521May 7, 2021 2:29 PM

^ God bless the DL women haters, they'll never stop blaming women for the shit men do

by Anonymousreply 522May 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Equally filthy? No.

by Anonymousreply 523May 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Who said she hid the Epstein ties?

by Anonymousreply 524May 7, 2021 4:09 PM

She makes JizzLane look like a Saint.

by Anonymousreply 525May 7, 2021 6:11 PM

She's the villain, Bill is a saint!

by Anonymousreply 526May 7, 2021 6:13 PM

I look askance at her having children with Bill Gates if he is in fact autistic. Other than that, I don’t really have an opinion about her.

by Anonymousreply 527May 7, 2021 6:15 PM

I’m going to be so pissed if it is in fact Rashida Jones. I don’t want to see Bill Gates sellout on a mainstream celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 528May 7, 2021 7:16 PM

If these two young rich hip kids can’t make it in this crazy world who can?

by Anonymousreply 529May 7, 2021 7:40 PM

I really, really don’t think the rumors about Bill and Rashida can possibly be true. She and I went to college together and, although she’s not my best friend, we are still friendly. Before the pandemic we would meet for dinner or whatever with other friends when she visited New York or I was in LA.

Adultery with Bill just doesn’t match up with her personality and I would be shocked if there was anything between them aside from just the podcast collaboration. I’m sure there’d have been buzz in our circle if there was more going on... that would be a hard secret to keep! Plus, she and Ezra have a great relationship and Isaiah is only about three years old.

It would be a crazy pairing and make for good gossip column press, but there’s no way Rashida is involved with Gates romantically.

by Anonymousreply 530May 7, 2021 7:51 PM

R530 = Rashida

by Anonymousreply 531May 7, 2021 8:25 PM

Bill had been stringing along the Countess LuAnn, Ramona, and Jill Zarin. It’s going to be a fight to the death to see which one of them gets him.

by Anonymousreply 532May 7, 2021 8:28 PM

"Bill had been stringing along the Countess LuAnn, Ramona, and Jill Zarin. It’s going to be a fight to the death to see which one of them gets him."

You sound like a nutjob with a vivid imagination.

by Anonymousreply 533May 7, 2021 9:23 PM

^^^^ You sound like someone too stupid to recognize satire. What an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 534May 7, 2021 9:37 PM

R534 thinks THAT is brilliant "satire?" What an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 535May 7, 2021 10:18 PM

When did using this: ^ become a substitute for using the reply function on here? I see it on almost every thread now.

by Anonymousreply 536May 7, 2021 10:19 PM

Nobody said “brilliant” R534, but anybody who seriously thought the R532 post was anything other than a joke isn’t too bright.

by Anonymousreply 537May 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Above meant for R535

by Anonymousreply 538May 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Melinda Gates Warned Bill About Jeffrey Epstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539May 7, 2021 10:28 PM

Have you read anything that's been said about Bill Gates on Datalounge, R537? He's been accused of cheating on his wife with Rashida Jones, for fuck's sake. Seems to me anything and everything is being said about him and it seems to be ALL taken rather seriously. That post at R532 doesn't seem too far removed from lots of shit that's being said about Gates. At any rate, as "satire" it's pretty pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 540May 7, 2021 10:41 PM

Anyone who thinks a post about three Real House Housewives of New York... two of them “former” to boot... all dating Bill Gates at the same time was anything other than a joke has the IQ OF

by Anonymousreply 541May 7, 2021 10:54 PM

Anyone who thinks a post about three Real House Housewives of New York... two of them “former” to boot... all dating Bill Gates at the same time was anything other than a joke has the IQ of a potato.

by Anonymousreply 542May 7, 2021 10:54 PM

R542, if there are people who take seriously the notion that Bill Gates is a raving sex maniac who is addicted to strippers and that it's "not beyond the realm of possibility" that he's screwing Rashida Jones then a post about him dating Real House Housewives of New York seems like something seems not much different from that. And actually you're the one who seems like a potatohead.

by Anonymousreply 543May 7, 2021 11:27 PM

BORING

by Anonymousreply 544May 7, 2021 11:30 PM
by Anonymousreply 545May 8, 2021 4:14 PM

Only cleaners would defend Bill Gates with such indignation. This is a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 546May 8, 2021 4:20 PM

R546, I do wonder how many PR types there are on DL. I think a lot.

by Anonymousreply 547May 8, 2021 4:47 PM

I’m not Rashida’s PR, but I’m going to defend her against R528.

In my opinion Bill would be the fortunate one if that rumor were true... Jones is attractive, graduated from Harvard, has had a very interesting upbringing, and is pretty funny. His image would benefit greatly from being with her.

But it’s silly gossip and I don’t believe there’s any truth to it.

by Anonymousreply 548May 8, 2021 5:01 PM

Getting older and losing our youthful looks sucks for all of us. But imagine if for most of your life, your persona and identity was about being a knockout sex symbol, every man drooling over you. Losing that sense of self must be very hard for such women.

by Anonymousreply 549May 8, 2021 6:53 PM

Oh shit, I thought I was in the Tawny Kitaen thread!

by Anonymousreply 550May 8, 2021 6:54 PM

DL has really slowed down, with less traffic, the PR types stand out even more.

by Anonymousreply 551May 8, 2021 6:57 PM

NY Times has an article on the divorce today. Seems like it was more an issue of different interests and competing factions in their foundation than anything else. Looks like Melinda thought Bill was suppressing her voice.

by Anonymousreply 552May 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Haha, r549! I was like, who's the looker supposed to be in this scenario? Bill? Melinda? Rashida? So confused.

by Anonymousreply 553May 8, 2021 7:05 PM

If she was in the scenario, which remains to be seen, Rashida, obvs. Stevie Wonder could see THAT.

by Anonymousreply 554May 8, 2021 7:25 PM

Ah yes, r554. I meant *former* looker. Rashida still looks phenomenal, in my humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 555May 8, 2021 7:48 PM

So what did Bill do to get the whole family mad at him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556May 8, 2021 10:52 PM

According to CDAN (I know, I know) he had a couple of kids with other women.

by Anonymousreply 557May 8, 2021 10:54 PM

Yikes, R557, I could see the kids being upset about that, dilutes any inheritence and all. Wonder if Bill will take up with another family.

by Anonymousreply 558May 9, 2021 12:31 AM

I clean for Mr Gate, clean real good if you wanna know....

by Anonymousreply 559May 9, 2021 11:01 AM

According to DM, Bill and Melinda are planning a nicely-nicely divorce because they want to keep their hopes alive of winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

Something for the couple who have everything.

by Anonymousreply 560May 9, 2021 11:32 AM

I don't think their children are worried AT ALL about their "inheritance." They all know they will be very wealthy for the rest of their lives. I wouldn't spend any time fretting that they won't get millions and millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 561May 9, 2021 10:13 PM

The kids will now likely get an inheritance from BOTH parents' estates. (Parental guilt can be very rewarding.)

by Anonymousreply 562May 9, 2021 10:43 PM

Myrna Loy - Just Tell Me What You Want

by Anonymousreply 563May 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Most kids are not overjoyed to find out dad has other families out there.

by Anonymousreply 564May 9, 2021 10:55 PM

R556, Bill liked the company of JE.

by Anonymousreply 565May 9, 2021 11:12 PM

John Elway? Joe Exotic? Jesse Eisenberg? Jenna Elfman? Julius Erving?

by Anonymousreply 566May 9, 2021 11:21 PM

R562 Even better for the kids, they won't have to wait for whatever the inheritance is because Bill will start showering them with "green affection" now. He wants to be able to enjoy the fruits of his beneficence.

by Anonymousreply 567May 10, 2021 1:48 AM

So many cleaners on these threads. More and more rumors of multiple affair partenrs and additional children.

by Anonymousreply 568May 10, 2021 1:58 AM

People who believe in eugenics want to spread their superior seed. Charles Lindberg believed Swedish was the most superior of all races. His wife found out after he died, he had several wives/families all over Europe.

Epstein was a eugenics believer. Maybe that's the lifestyle Bill Gates wants for himself.

by Anonymousreply 569May 10, 2021 2:52 AM

Good point, R569, JE also funneled a lot of money into transhumanism.

by Anonymousreply 570May 10, 2021 3:20 AM

R569

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 10, 2021 3:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572May 10, 2021 4:29 AM

Yes, Rose (r566); Julius Erving.

by Anonymousreply 573May 10, 2021 1:32 PM

Wall Street Journal and "Julius Erving" connection:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574May 10, 2021 1:35 PM

I was surprised to learn that Bill is only 65. Why does he look so awful for his age? It's not like he's lived a stressful life.

by Anonymousreply 575May 10, 2021 1:39 PM

r575, he spent much of his life building one of the most successful companies in history. To think that's not stressful is rather naive.

by Anonymousreply 576May 10, 2021 1:45 PM

High-stress but mostly sedentary job (flying from place to place is mostly sitting), terrible diet, bad genes.

by Anonymousreply 577May 10, 2021 2:01 PM

As mentioned above, he has youth-onset ulcerative colitis. Add in stress. Not surprising he looks a bit old for his age.

by Anonymousreply 578May 10, 2021 2:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579May 10, 2021 5:57 PM

'I never saw any of that. Certainly prior to their marriage, yeah. Bill liked to party. But I never saw any of that after the marriage,' he said.

'In fact, I had dinner with him one night. He said he was very proud of the fact that he hadn't done any of that since he got married.'

The 70-year-old, who has known Gates for decades and was one of Microsoft's earliest employees, said that the software guru and his wife may have grown apart in recent years, and 'didn't always share the same interests' in their multi-billion-dollar charity the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

He added that the couple are 'good people', saying: 'I truly hope Bill and Melinda end up being happy. I went through a divorce myself maybe 12 years ago. Anybody who tells you they have a good divorce, they're lying through their teeth.'

Amid the super-rich couple's split announced this week, rumors have begun to fly that Gates has reverted to his old bad behavior.

TMZ reported Thursday that Melinda rented Calivigny Island in Grenada for $132,000 a night for the whole family – except Bill.

The site claimed his wife and family are 'furious' at him for some unspecified alleged incident, and that the couple had been trying to hash out a divorce agreement for months.

Though their divorce documents do not specify a prenuptial agreement and instead reference a current private divorce contract, Wallace told DailyMail.com that the couple did in fact get a prenup in the 1990s.

In his book, the author wrote Gates shied away from asking Melinda's signature himself, instead getting his close friend and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to persuade her.

'According to knowledgeable sources, however, Gates did, in fact, sign a prenuptial agreement with French [Melinda's maiden name],' Wallace wrote.

'Gates could not ask French himself, so he talked his pal Ballmer into convincing her to sign. Ballmer, according to those sources, explained to French that the agreement was for the good of the company.'

Speculation around his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, Silicon Valley venture capitalist Ann Winblad was immediate following the announcement of the Gates' split.

Despite breaking up in 1987, Gates and Winblad still vacationed together alone for a weekend every year throughout his marriage to Melinda.

The billionaire philanthropist even reportedly had the agreement formalized ahead of his 1994 marriage.

Reports have always described the Microsoft founder's current relationship with his ex as purely platonic.

On Tuesday another bizarre and unsubstantiated theory emerged on Chinese social media: that he had been having an affair with a 36-year-old interpreter who works for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

The claims linked Gates to Zhe 'Shelly' Wang, a Seattle-based translator and former air hostess who started working for the charity in 2015, among other gigs in her freelance translation business.

On Weibo, a Chinese social media site, Wang reportedly dismissed the claims.

'I thought that the rumors would go away by themselves, but I did not expect the rumors to become more and more crazily spread,' Wang reportedly wrote.

'How many books can I read, so why spend time on the unfounded rumors? I would like to thank everyone for their concern and help in dispelling the rumors through private messages in the past 24 hours.'

Another sticking point in Gates' marriage could have been his renowned intensity and single-minded focus on his work, as Wallace told DailyMail.com his interviews with the billionaire's exes revealed he could be a taxing partner to be with.

by Anonymousreply 580May 10, 2021 6:00 PM

Wallace told DailyMail.com that even as a multi-millionaire following Microsoft's early success, his ex-girlfriends described him as frugal to a fault.

'[Gates and his then-girlfriend] were supposed to be at a software conference in Seattle and they were running late,' said Wallace. 'But Gates is driving around all over these blocks near the conference because he doesn't want to pay for valet parking, he wanted to find a meter that he can put a few quarters into.

'This is a guy who's already a multi-millionaire, his company is already public, and he's driving around looking for a parking meter that he can put quarters into because he says 'I don't want to pay for valet parking, it costs too much.'

Other girlfriends described the software guru as aloof to Wallace.

'He could be doing two or three things at once. They'd be driving along, he'd be talking at her, and his mind would be processing software,' the author told DailyMail.com.

Winblad told Wallace in an interview for his 1997 book that early relationships with Gates were more of a 'test' than a romance.

'This is not just a serendipitous choice,' she told the author about Gates' proposal to Melinda. 'A relationship with Bill early on is a test. Are you smart enough? Do you have enough common sense? Can you make the grade? Are you athletic enough?

'Melinda is Bill's pick. He could have chosen any woman as a wife for life. He has chosen her, and that means she is an exceptional woman.'

Wallace said he doubted Gates would return to his naked pool-partying days. But even age 54 the Microsoft boss still enjoyed a bash.

In 2010 he was photographed 'dancing Paris Hilton-style' on a banquette with a group of young women at a Sundance Film Festival party sponsored by Microsoft.

Page Six reported the billionaire 'gyrated in a VIP booth until 2am' and that 'everybody was snapping photos of him until his security rushed him out the back door after he tipped a waitress $500.'

The tech founder reportedly pulled dance moves including air guitar, fist pumping, the Swim and the Jackhammer.

by Anonymousreply 581May 10, 2021 6:01 PM

Bill staring at Mischa Barton's tits (WHET her btw?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582May 10, 2021 6:11 PM

I hope that video surfaces, R581.

by Anonymousreply 583May 10, 2021 8:57 PM

I think Gate's "gyrating stripper" days are long over. I don't think he has the energy for that sort of thing anymore. Also he's not dumb. If he started acting like that it would really shit on his reputation, which is that of a billionaire philanthropist. I don't think he would want to be branded as some idiot rich guy spending money on strippers and whores.

by Anonymousreply 584May 10, 2021 11:54 PM

And it would tarnish that Nobel Peace Prize he's gunning for.

by Anonymousreply 585May 10, 2021 11:58 PM

But I guess, he realized that during the pandemic that the world is ending, planet is dying, I'm gonna fuck all the whores for as long as I can.

by Anonymousreply 586May 11, 2021 12:02 AM

Ewwww DAVID!!

by Anonymousreply 587May 11, 2021 3:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 11, 2021 6:17 AM

Why am I not surprised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589May 12, 2021 3:42 AM

WHORE!!!

by Anonymousreply 590May 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Oh please r589. It’s not salacious. Jesus, even the author said it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 591May 12, 2021 4:00 AM

Bill had been telling his golf buddies his marriage was "loveless".

by Anonymousreply 592May 13, 2021 2:21 AM

Yeah, Gates had "naked pool parties" and probably did some "womanizing." DECADES ago. It's amazing how desperate the attempts are to dig up dirt. I myself think the divorce will be very boring and uneventful.

by Anonymousreply 593May 13, 2021 4:02 AM

Bill Gates had lengthy affair with Microsoft employee who wanted his wife to know: report

Bill Gates allegedly had an affair with a Microsoft employee — and the tryst was being probed by the company’s board last year when Gates stepped down, a report said Sunday.

The company’s board became aware in 2019 that a Microsoft engineer penned a letter alleging that she and Gates had a sexual relationship over the years, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The woman demanded changes to her Microsoft job and also asked that Gates’ now-estranged wife Melinda read her letter — though it’s unclear if that happened.

Board members hired a law firm to conduct an investigation into the relationship, the Journal said.

During the probe, some members grew concerned about the allegation and decided that Gates, who founded the tech firm in 1975, should step down as director of the board.

But the billionaire was still re-elected to Microsoft’s board at the annual shareholder meeting, the report said. He resigned before the investigation could be completed, saying he wanted to focus on his philanthropy.

“Microsoft received a concern in the latter half of 2019 that Bill Gates sought to initiate an intimate relationship with a company employee in the year 2000,” a Microsoft spokesman said.

“A committee of the Board reviewed the concern, aided by an outside law firm to conduct a thorough investigation. Throughout the investigation, Microsoft provided extensive support to the employee who raised the concern.”

A spokeswoman for Gates admitted that, “There was an affair almost 20 years ago which ended amicably.”

She denied that his decision to step down from the board was related to the affair, adding, “In fact, he had expressed an interest in spending more time on his philanthropy starting several years earlier.”

The Journal’s report comes after another on Sunday detailed how Gates “pursued” several women in his office long after he wed now-estranged wife Melinda in 1994.

The New York Times reported two instances where the tech mogul clumsily asked out women who worked for him at Microsoft and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

The two incidents and other more recent ones at times created an uncomfortable workplace environment, with Gates’ personal life becoming gossip fodder among employees, six current and former staffers told the newspaper.

It’s unclear how much Melinda knew about her husband’s behavior.

The couple said they were ending their 27-year marriage earlier this month, saying “We no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in this next phase of our lives.” In a divorce petition, Melinda said their marriage was “irretrievably broken.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 17, 2021 12:25 AM

So he had an affair...BIG DEAL. No matter how much effort there is to dig up "dirt" about the divorce of Bill and Melinda Gates it still makes for very dull news.

by Anonymousreply 595May 17, 2021 12:39 AM

Long Before Divorce, Bill Gates Had Reputation for Questionable Behavior

Melinda French Gates voiced concerns about her husband’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein and a harassment claim against his money manager.

New York Times article May 16, 2021, 3:17 p.m. ET

By Emily Flitter and Matthew Goldstein

Very interesting and pointless because the rich are rich and who cares. Murdoch will drive this into the ground of course.

by Anonymousreply 596May 17, 2021 12:49 AM

Bill Gates has hired the most lame, inept, obvious cleaners if this thread is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 597May 17, 2021 1:28 AM

I knew people who worked with the Foundation in PR. She was considered the savvier of the two. And now it’s showing. She’ll end up richer than Mackenzie.

by Anonymousreply 598May 17, 2021 1:32 AM

Has Bill Gates ever gotten pussy from a woman who either didn’t work for him in some capacity or wasn’t a goddamn whore/prostitute/sex slave?

by Anonymousreply 599May 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Bill Gates raped me.

by Anonymousreply 600May 17, 2021 1:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!