Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm not getting the vaccine yet

I'm a 33 year old man. No health problems or comorbidities. I stay in the house and will be home for the foreseeable future. I live with another person, same age.

I'm also hesitant to get this vaccine at the moment, which I'm working on. Too many reported complications, roll out is a mess. I had COVID exactly a year ago and likely still have antibodies as well. It just makes sense for me to wait until fall to get it at this point. Maybe I won't even need to get it by that point.

If you're older and/or have health conditions by all means get it as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2021 9:43 AM

You're not worried about variants?

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 5:51 PM

Get it. I got covid at the very beginning of it. I have complications from THAT. Would love to have been able to avoid them.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 5:51 PM

OP will be dead by fall.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 5:52 PM

R2, luckily I don't have complications from my bout with COVID.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 5:53 PM

R3, that can be said about any of us. Nobody knows when it is their time

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 5:53 PM

How brave.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 5:54 PM

R1, the vaccine barely offers protection for some of the variants anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2021 5:54 PM

Why do we care about your choice, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2021 5:55 PM

R8, because its worth it to share our thoughts on the vaccine as its something we're all going through?

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2021 5:56 PM

^ *it's

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]I'm also hesitant to get this vaccine at the moment, which I'm working on.

+

[quote] Maybe I won't even need to get it by that point.

= do you know where you are?

Your post will be grayed out in no time

& get ready for the insults.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2021 5:57 PM

Nice try at trying to sound rational.

But, the reality is that there is more science behind coffee being terrible for you than their being "Too many reported complications."

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2021 5:57 PM

Sure, kween.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2021 5:57 PM

Clearly I already have you blocked for good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2021 5:58 PM

If you want to get it get it, if you don’t, don’t. It’s really not worth a thread. Also saying ‘the rollout is a mess’ really depends on what country you’re in which you didn’t mention. Also why would the efficiency of the rollout factor into whether you would be hesitant about taking it? Surely hesitancy would depend on risks? The whole thing is confusing, as in you seem confused.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2021 5:58 PM

Thanks for this fascinating insight into your stupidity, OP - glad you shared! We're all in this together!

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2021 5:59 PM

R11, as a thinking person, it's natural to have reservations about a vaccine that was created so fast, no? Add the deaths and complications, it's not shocking most would have hesitation

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2021 5:59 PM

you're fat and ugly anyways...stay home. nobody wants to do anything with you.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2021 6:00 PM

"I'm also hesitant to get this vaccine at the moment, which I'm working on."

Work on your English, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2021 6:00 PM

R18, I'm actually not fat and definitely not ugly. Quite good looking actually

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Remember, OP, Erectile Dysfunction is an above average reported side effect reported by men who've had Covid, in your age group, so, be careful, and wear a damn mask over your nose in public.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Yesterday, I chatted with my neighbor. She's a nurse at a nearby Urgent Care clinic. She says she has not had the vaccine and that she does NOT plan to get it soon. She said she is going to wait a year or two and let the manufacturers work out any bugs that emerge. (It's a vaccine, not the newest version of Windows!)

Fuck that! I got my first dose last weekend, and I'm getting my second dose in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2021 6:01 PM

R21, I wear a mask everywhere and wash my hands like 5 times a day. Luckily I haven't been sick in a while. I take good supplements as well

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2021 6:02 PM

There aren't any "too many reported complications". SOMETIMES, there are some temporary side effects from the vaccine which means the vaccine is actually WORKING.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2021 6:02 PM

People who refuse to get the vaccine are extending the duration of this plague.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2021 6:03 PM

R17 You do realize that most vaccines take years, if not decades, to create because they lack the funds/manpower needed to create them quickly, right? The COVID-19 vaccines were created quickly (but also based off of previous work to create a vaccine for SARS) precisely because of the unprecedent and tremendous financial and manpower that were basically racing against time to create them.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2021 6:03 PM

honey, all the rich and powerful are vaccinated. that speaks volumes.

Your fucking lousy nurse?! you're going to listen to her?

A good friend is a bio chemists working for a major hospital. it's safe.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2021 6:05 PM

R22 Okay, but I recently spoke with a nurse who said EVERYONE should be getting vaccinated as soon as they can. Who to trust! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2021 6:05 PM

OP, have you filled out the Do Not Treat forms that match the Do Not Resuscitate forms your doctor uses? Every person who is unwilling to take steps to prevent the spread of the coronavirus — not wear a mask, not practice social distancing, not receive the vaccine— should fill out the Do Not Treat form and carry it with them at all times. Emergency medical services workers, 9-1-1 operators and loved ones need to know you wish healthcare resources to be directed to the next person in line and not you.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2021 6:05 PM

R25, no they aren't necessarily. Not if they are like me and following proper protocols - mask, social distance, good hygiene.

R26, it was still developed in less than a year, which means there may be defects.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2021 6:06 PM

If OP is happy staying home all the time and eschewing the vaccine, that's his choice. Me, I can't wait to get my second shot and go out again and meet people and eat at restaurants and shop in person.

You're free to remain a hermit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2021 6:07 PM

How are you working on "this" vaccine, yet staying home? You're a scientist working on this vaccine? Or you're a twat working on being anti-wax twat?

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2021 6:08 PM

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2021 6:09 PM

R32, working on my reservations by reading about other people's experiences with the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2021 6:09 PM

OP is fat and ugly with no life. pandemic or no pandemic, makes no difference.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2021 6:10 PM

R31, if the pandemic showed us anything, it's that eating at restaurants and shopping at stores is non-essential

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2021 6:10 PM

R30 Must be nice to have a low IQ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2021 6:11 PM

R35, I'm hot, and a dom top. And I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. U mad?

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2021 6:11 PM

R37, I don't have a low IQ, I'm actually high IQ. I have four college degrees. You never had any suspicions at all about this vaccine, about this pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2021 6:13 PM

^ three degrees, sorry

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2021 6:13 PM

R34, OP, well it works for you because you're not working class slave who must go out in the world. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2021 6:14 PM

OP, you're stupid as stupid can be. unless you isolate entirely, you're a menace

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2021 6:15 PM

R39 Found the Q-Loon.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2021 6:15 PM

mRNA vaccines have been in development for 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2021 6:15 PM

You're worried about the vaccine and the "influx of meth into the country," huh? Interesting

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2021 6:16 PM

Four college degrees! Wow. All from Devry?

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2021 6:16 PM

R41, I collect unemployment and I just finished a second Bachelors.

R46, I have a BA from Hunter College (NY) and am graduating with a BSBA from WGU (online university). It's actually three. Besides the point

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2021 6:18 PM

Can I have your

...nevermind, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2021 6:19 PM

R45, that's a whole other thread

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2021 6:19 PM

There have been almost NO complications. The amount is in the tenths of percentage points(I think Johnson and Johnson had %.00004 percent and Astra Zeneca was something like %.00019.) And Pfizer and Moderna are practically zero. They are as safe as they possibly can be and safer than many things you do every single day.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2021 6:19 PM

Op is a shit-stirring asshat, or deluded fool.

People are dying daily who were young, fit, and healthy.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2021 6:19 PM

Well, well, aren't you special.

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2021 6:21 PM

R51, where? Where are the young, fit and healthy people dying from this disease?

Like I said, I HAD COVID in April 2020. I had no residual illness afterwards, besides slight wheezing, which disappeared after 3 weeks or so.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2021 6:21 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2021 6:22 PM

I pity you, OP. Do you know that WGU has been audited and is officially a CRAP diploma mill? Or are you too stupid? How did Hunter graduate you?

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2021 6:22 PM

I've always been skeptical of Big Parma.

I haven't been vaccinated for anything since I guess 1960. I've never taken any prescription medications.

Doing things my way has paid off very well compared to others I know who are my age.

I will get the vaccine because I need to be in Europe next summer. But I'll wait as long as I can.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2021 6:22 PM

"Besides the point"

OP work on a 4th degree - one in which English grammar, spelling, and writing are taught.

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2021 6:23 PM

What is NEXT summer? 2022? Because if you need to be in Europe THIS summer you had better make an appoint, Holistic Holly!

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2021 6:24 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2021 6:24 PM

I hope they send the extra vaccine that should have gone to you to India.

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2021 6:25 PM

R57, there's nothing wrong with my grammar, you're just nitpicking. Have another drink, on the house.

The pearl clutchers in this thread are giving me a laugh!

by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2021 6:26 PM

OP, I believe in freedom of choice. Especially if you are staying at home and your decisions don't negatively impact others. I was like you, although I'm 40, but of course probably look younger than you, and I was on the fence. Eventually my friends were all getting it and I was feeling like I couldn't really participate if I didn't get it. Plus, I just want to move on and COVID has taken up 16 months of our lives. I got Pfizer, had no side effects, and I'm glad it's over. Now, I do wonder what they will tell us 6 months to a year from now about the initial vaccines, but I can't put years of life on hold. I like to travel, have sex, take group fitness glasses, get massages and drink in bars so it's what has to be done.

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2021 6:26 PM

At some point, there will be enough herd immunity so that people like me (OP) don't need the vaccine – the virus will have been contained.

It's actually pretty hard to get the vaccine if you wear a mask and wash your hands. It's not the end of the world if a few young, healthy people delay getting the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]What is NEXT summer? 2022? Because if you need to be in Europe THIS summer you had better make an appoint, Holistic Holly!

Are you just learning English? "I will get the vaccine because I need to be in Europe next summer. "

"This summer" is 2021

"Next summer" is 2022

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2021 6:29 PM

^to get the virus

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2021 6:29 PM

Where is fascism when we need it. Vaccine, or the ovens.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2021 6:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2021 6:36 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2021 6:38 PM

[quote] [R37], I don't have a low IQ, I'm actually high IQ. I have four college degrees.

OP suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2021 6:39 PM

OP is an obvious troll who just wants attention. Every question answered minutes after being asked, that’s not how real threads work, particularly when the OP is an attractive, educated, top who has nothing to do on Sunday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2021 6:42 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2021 6:43 PM

Stupid is as stupid does, in this case putting others in harms way.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2021 6:45 PM

I actually want to leave the house. I wanna travel, go to bars, see friendly and maybe family. So I'm definitely looking forward to getting my vaccine. Once everyone who wants a vaccine gets one, I won't give two shits about those that don't. Let em die.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2021 6:46 PM

R38, yeah right, even the ugly ones are out and about...you must be deformed!

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2021 6:49 PM

“Super healthy" Appalachian State student dies following COVID-19 complications - CBS News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2021 7:02 PM

'Significant number' of young people are dying at home with COVID-19: Ontario coroner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2021 7:07 PM

I'm getting tired of these shitty people.

I just saw on twitter last night that those two moron parents who were vaccinated themselves took their unvaccinated son with them to Hawaii on vacation (from WA). Of course, he got Covid and died--he was a 10 year old adorable kid. Now they're on social media collecting gofundme funds for his funeral and asking for sympathy.

Not only did they have the money for Hawaii flights (expensive), but they also murdered their own kid by neglect.

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2021 7:08 PM

How is that working out for ya?

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2021 7:10 PM

COVID 'Doesn't Discriminate By Age': Serious Cases On The Rise In Younger Adults

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2021 7:10 PM

The variants are more contagious and deadly.

You're gonna be staying in your mama and daddy's basement for many more years...

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2021 7:22 PM

The anti-vaxxers need only look at the Indian stats of the young dying of Covid. While it has been most fatal to the elderly, *it does kill anyone of any age* and in any country. Plus, the long-term impact of getting the virus, especially repeatedly, is something that will effect the young’s health for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2021 7:29 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] I don't have a low IQ, I'm actually high IQ. I have four college degrees.

=

Professional student. Has never held a real job, or a job outside of academia

Also OP if you need a surgical procedure at some point be sure to make a point to forgo anaesthesia and antibiotics, as the risk of side effects from those are orders of magnitude greater and more serous than from any vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Will there be another more lethal wave of covid in the US?

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] [R26], it was still developed in less than a year, which means there may be defects.

Because that's some sort of law of science or nature? A vaccine must take more than a year to develop in order to be deemed safe? I don't care whether you get the vaccine, OP, as long as you plan to live like a shut-in without it, but the conclusions you've drawn to support your decision are silly and false. So far, the Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines have a much *lower* rate of complications than a typical new vaccine or medication; you only think there are "too many complications" because each one is reported in the media. R26 gave a perfectly reasonable and valid explanation as to how these vaccines were developed so quickly. Several people have provided links to info about young, previously healthy people dying from Covid.

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2021 7:38 PM

Forgot covid, OP sounds in danger of literally boring those he contacts to death!

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2021 7:39 PM

Less people vaccinated = more opportunity for COVID mutations into variants. Vaccine = COVID reproduces less in your body and thus far less likely to form dangerous variants.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2021 7:55 PM

Hmm, R75, that's odd. A 19 year old dying of a disease that has a 1% mortality rate? But as the article points out, it was a 1 in 10,000,000 occurrence.

by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2021 8:04 PM

R83, I've actually had invasive surgery before, so anesthesia as well. And I've obviously had a job before if I've been collecting unemployment 🤡

R87, is that necessarily true though?

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2021 8:09 PM

I love that OP's post has been grayed out. I said it would be.

by Anonymousreply 90May 2, 2021 8:12 PM

R36 before the pandemic would you have described eating at restaurants as ‘essential’? Can you cook?

by Anonymousreply 91May 2, 2021 8:25 PM

the vaccine barely offers protection for some of the variants

Fear mongering bastard, even if you get it , it's not serious.

by Anonymousreply 92May 2, 2021 8:30 PM

R53, I don’t know how old you are or what age you consider old. Of the 8 people I knew who died from COVID, three were in the 46 - 54 age range. No comorbidities. Another who did have a comorbidity was 21.

I know two people in their early 40s who suffered from COVID-related strokes. They each have a long road to recovery.

Last January, my friend made an agonizing decision to put her mom in a nursing home. She was dead by March. Another friend lost both parents over a three week span. Yet another friend lost his mother during a nursing home outbreak.

My 23 year old niece recovered after being sick for about 3 weeks, diagnosed after being sick almost two weeks because tests were so scarce. She still has no sense of smell, and can only taste bitter and sour. She says most food tastes like garbage or vomit.

A 26 year old coworker has such bad vertigo and tinnitus from COVID that he had to go on disability. He can’t work.

A young woman who works at my local market is suffering from COVID-related hairloss. She has several completely bald patches on her scalp.

COVID may not be a big deal for most people to get over but why even take a chance when there is a vaccine with even less of a chance of side effects available?

by Anonymousreply 93May 2, 2021 8:38 PM

I'm glad all the Covid idiots think being disabled from Covid is a walk in the park.

by Anonymousreply 94May 2, 2021 8:47 PM

What are all these complications you speak of OP. I've heard of no complications on either Pfizer or Moderna which the vast majority of people are getting. Are you talking about the side effects? Well pal, almost all vaccines come with side effects. So strap on a pair and get yourself jabbed.

by Anonymousreply 95May 2, 2021 8:54 PM

Even if you believe in Big Pharma conspiracy theories... realistically, they wouldn't want the vaccine to kill us or even cause huge side effects. They still want us to be alive to take all of their other drugs, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 96May 2, 2021 9:08 PM

OP's twiin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 2, 2021 10:43 PM

The US is about 30% vaccinated and we need to get to 80% to achieve herd mentality. Please get whatever vaccine you can as quickly as possible or the mutations and variants may make those who are vaccinated less protected. And we will be worse off than before.

Take a look at what’s happening in India if you have any reservations about getting vaccinated.

This disease is smarter than humans and has a stronger will to survive. Get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 98May 3, 2021 1:24 AM

The People's Republic of China thanks you for your service, OP!

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2021 2:12 AM

Reading posts like the OP's and makes me wanna stay in Romania...it's a kinds shitty country but people who wanna get their ass to work and to travel need the vax and WTF is it that people in the medical field are allowed to not get it and potentially infect vulnerable people. You bitches talking some sense into OP (perfect example is R25...perfect answer sir) are my heroes. And yes, I wanna go out, be safe, I want my friends and family to be safe. I want my hairstylist and cosmetic artist exes to get their jobs back and be ok. Can't wait for my second jab.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2021 10:14 AM

I'm 32 and get my second shot tomorrow. You're a dummy, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 101May 3, 2021 10:27 AM

I'm with OP. I'm holding out until I'm prevented from doing what I want because I'm unvaccinated. I've gone over a year maskless, OCD cleaning-less, social distancing-less, Covid-less and worry-less. I don't see the point of not continuing to do exactly what I've been doing.

by Anonymousreply 102May 3, 2021 10:57 AM

R102 makes her usual appearance...the no mask, 500K dead but she isn't worried troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 3, 2021 11:01 AM

R102 Exactly, the old, fat bitches are terrified on here because they know they can't change their diets so they expect society to change for them.

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2021 11:03 AM

R103 Unlike you, I have more than one functioning brain cell that tells me to ignore fear mongers and panic merchants, that tells me to keep doing exactly what I've been doing for over a year because it keeps me COMPLETELY FINE and HEALTHY.

by Anonymousreply 105May 3, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote]No mask. No OCD cleaning. No social distancing. No Covid. No worries.

Are you an American gay?

by Anonymousreply 106May 3, 2021 11:12 AM

Covid and the vaccines are the best thing that ever happened to most on DL. OP stated plainly that he will wait to take the vaccine and is taking precautions in the meantime. That is a reasonable position. Those who have a problem with it should work on their reading comprehension. Also, get some exercise. Your sedentary lifestyle has rendered you tedious and insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 107May 3, 2021 11:19 AM

R105 - bitch you could have been an asymptomatic carrier and infected others and those poor people wouldn't have had a fucking choice. Neither would the others (including elderly and vulnerable people they unknowingly could have infected) they came into contact with. But as long as your brain cells (I see there aren't enough to understand contaion) and your ass are FINE it's ok if you are putting others at risk.

by Anonymousreply 108May 3, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote]I've been collecting unemployment 🤡

Oh, I see OP is the guy always posting the clown emoji. Why does that not surprise me?

by Anonymousreply 109May 3, 2021 11:34 AM

Nice try, R107, but OP has told numerous lies, such as "the vaccine barely offers protection for some of the variants" and "it was still developed in less than a year, which means there may be defects." He says he takes "good supplements" which he is certain will keep him from getting COVID, yet he already had COVID once despite these supplements, and the hand-washing, and the other precautions.

On top of that, he's a hot top with four degrees -- oops, no, he meant to say THREE degrees -- with a high IQ.

You're beyond silly to scold everyone else for not having reading comprehension when you apparently have absolutely zero ability to detect trolls. This guy couldn't be more trollish if he were wearing a big sequined sombrero with the word "TROLL" spelled out in 4-inch-high rhinestones.

by Anonymousreply 110May 3, 2021 11:39 AM

[quote]bitch you could have been an asymptomatic carrier and infected others and those poor people wouldn't have had a fucking choice.

R108 But I'm not. As much as you are on your knees wishing and praying that I'm the Covid Mary of my neighborhood to reinforce your irrational fear. I have shopped, hung out with, and seen the same people for over a year. No one, not the cashiers in the markets and shops that I visit almost daily, not the workmen who have been in my flat, not my neighbors, not the people I hang around with or the people they hang around with, not the dental hygienist I've seen 4 times in the past year. Not one fucking person is or has been sick due to proximity with me.

The ONLY problem is in your head. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2021 11:42 AM

Because of fucking assholes like OP and r102...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2021 11:43 AM

R105 - we aren't pissed at his stance if he wants to stay inside forever and avoid meeting friends and acquaintances or travel. His choice but the two things you need to remember is that there are people like R102 out there refusing to follow guidelines and risking other people's health and that we can't achieve herd immunity until at least 70% are vaxxed. Maybe I am tedious, but I am fucking tired of having only my roommate as a companion (and she is of me too) and wondering the streets and hills of this city by myself and no travel.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2021 11:46 AM

Try this again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]Because of fucking assholes like OP

OP - you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote]as a thinking person, it's natural to have reservations about a vaccine that was created so fast, no?

How long should the development process for a vaccine take, in your expert opinion?

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote]At some point, there will be enough herd immunity so that people like me (OP) don't need the vaccine – the virus will have been contained.

See R114:

There is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

Instead, they are coming to the conclusion that rather than making a long-promised exit, the virus will most likely become a manageable threat that will continue to circulate in the U.S. for years to come, still causing hospitalizations and deaths but in much smaller numbers.

by Anonymousreply 117May 3, 2021 12:10 PM

R111 - did you personally test all those people for COVID? Have you had an anti-body test? Without scientific proof, it's not 100% true that you didn't spread anything. Sounds like you are the one believing all the BS in YOUR head instead of scientific facts.

Too bad you and OP can't send personal messages on here because it doesn't sound like either of you is fuckable considering what the rest of us think of your "confidence".

by Anonymousreply 118May 3, 2021 12:12 PM

If you don't want it don't get it and shut up about it.

To paraphrase Ellen... If the homeless don't want a vaccine, then the homeless doesn't have to get one.

by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Does anyone know why having covid doesn't count for something as far as everyone being safer? Aren't there antibodies present for the same amount of time as getting the vaccine (6-12 mos)? I'm genuinely asking because I can't seem to find a proper answer. It'd be nice to know seeing that could take care of the vaccine shy portion of the population, and save vaccines for people that need it immediately. All I've been told is that the vaccine is way better, but no reason why, when the antibodies are present either way.

Anyone here with a background in vaccinations?

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2021 12:16 PM

R119 - Ellen is a dingbat. These types of idiots are what is holding the whole of society back in terms of finally containing this virus. It's everyone's business because it's contagion.

by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2021 12:24 PM

And that's a genuine question above. I seem to get jumped on by people when I ask, even though I'm all for vaccines. The question really pertains to people that won't get one, to see if there's still some light at the end of the tunnel.

I remember when it began, how contacting it multiple times wasn't a big risk. I know vaccinating is the safest route, but surely there's got to be some reduced transmission among those that recover. I notice it with other transmittable viruses, people don't keep getting sick over and over, unless there's something that messes with their immunity.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2021 12:33 PM

It’s fine OP. Just stay home.

by Anonymousreply 123May 3, 2021 1:09 PM

Hi OP, I'd really think this through, if I were you. Those Russian winters are brutal and the sputnik vaccine might not be accessible in your district if you wait too long to get it.

приветствие !

by Anonymousreply 124May 3, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote]I'm not getting the vaccine yet

Oh Diedre, just put the fucking red ribbon on already.

by Anonymousreply 125May 3, 2021 1:16 PM

Apparently, Elle MacPherson has turned out to be an anti-vaxxer nutbag.

She's actually dating one of the lying idiots who started this whole ridiculous crapshow about the measles vaccine causing autism back in 1998.

Dumbass airheaded idiot. A prime example of beautiful bimbo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 3, 2021 1:22 PM

It’s funny how the comments the OP is most concerned about are the personal attacks on his supposed appearance or lack of intellect.

by Anonymousreply 127May 3, 2021 1:40 PM

R127 - it shows you his "depth". R124 - you are right...for an American to be that ridiculous and not understand the privilege of having the option of a reputable vaccine. At the Emerson American multinational here, there is a team from the Russian plant in Chelyabinsk and literally all of them signed up on the local government overnment's website as foreigners with work permits like I did so as to be able to get the Astra Zeneca or Pfizer because they absolutely don't want to take anything else. It's sad we have the anti-vaxxers who are so backwards and pull the rest of us back.

by Anonymousreply 128May 3, 2021 1:50 PM

[quote] Aren't there antibodies present for the same amount of time as getting the vaccine

I don’t think that’s known for sure, but it might not be necessarily true. There’s some evidence that it depends on how mild or severe the case was. On the other hand, more is known about the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 129May 3, 2021 1:52 PM

R129 THANK YOU for giving me something. You have no idea how difficult it is to get any answer. Even when I look it up, I get info like this: "The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection. The results provide hope that people receiving SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will develop similar lasting immune memories after vaccination".

That's why I'm trying not to sweat antivaxxers or support special passes. Seems that they'll get it and be either somewhat covered by default, or die, even if it's not as perfect as getting the vaccine, especially if we do reach 70% vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 130May 3, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]Too many reported complications, roll out is a mess.

Sorry, OP. But if that's what you're basing your decision on, you're a fool. In the midst of millions of vaccinations, there have been damned few complications, and most of those are much less significant that the illness itself.

As for the roll out being a mess, that's not at all true. What Biden's people have been able to do in a few months is nothing short of miraculous. In any event, all you have to do is sit still when the professional gives you the injection. Everything that happens before the needle hits your arm is irrelevant to you being protected by the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2021 2:16 PM

"WGU"?? WTF school is that?

by Anonymousreply 132May 3, 2021 2:31 PM

OP is a shill for the Russian take over of North American resources. If people like OP gets enough of us killed with covid, it’s a win for the oligarchs who worship only accumulated wealth.

by Anonymousreply 133May 3, 2021 2:56 PM

R133 is either a parody, or Tales from the Looney Bin.

by Anonymousreply 134May 3, 2021 3:05 PM

R132, WGU is actually a great school and pioneering online education. You can accelerate through courses and complete a degree in record time. I'm wrapping up a whole Bachelor's degree in just 14 months, but some have completed one in 6 months.

A lot of pandemic propaganda being spouted in this thread. Get the vaccine now or you'll drop dead tomorrow!! If you don't get the vaccine you're killing the granny down the street!! Cool it with the dramatics, people.

And the fascism needs to stop too. You can't bully or force people to get a vaccine if they decide they don't want it or need it.

by Anonymousreply 135May 3, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote]Cool it with the dramatics, people.

When you haven't a fucking clue in hell what you're dealing with, the best thing to do is keep the masses scared, docile and compliant. That's been the prevailing government/medical/media worldview since December 2019.

by Anonymousreply 136May 3, 2021 3:21 PM

WGU is not a great school. It was audited and declared a fake, shitty school.

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2021 3:39 PM

R137, wrong. WGU is a regionally accredited online university.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]WGU is a regionally accredited online university.

Yeah, so is Jerry Falwell's Liberty University.

by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Aren't there antibodies present for the same amount of time as getting the vaccine

Is immunity from the vaccine stronger than natural immunity from infection?

“The first time your body sees the spike protein, it activates some immune system cells to begin to recognize and develop antibodies against that protein,” says Bryn Boslett, MD, an infectious disease expert who is leading the vaccination effort at UC San Francisco. The response may be similar whether that first encounter is from infection with the virus or from the first dose of the vaccine.

Studies of the mRNA vaccines suggest that one dose may offer between 50 to 80 percent protection against symptomatic COVID-19. “We know you get some amount of protection after one dose of the vaccine or after infection with the virus, but we don’t know in either case how long that protection lasts,” she said. Some cases of reinfection have been reported after three to six months, so the protection from one dose of the vaccine also may wane in that timeframe.

“However, when you get the second dose of the vaccine, you’re further training your immune system,” said Boslett. “You’re strengthening that response from the antibody-producing B cells and you’re also activating T memory cells that stick around for much longer.” Getting both doses of the vaccine means your body is shown this spike protein multiple times in a short duration. “So that immune response might be bigger, better and longer lasting than just getting the infection one time,” she said.

Because the booster effect is so important, Boslett adds that this is why people who have had COVID-19 are still recommended to get the vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]How long should the development process for a vaccine take, in your expert opinion?

Long enough for the FDA to give them full approval.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote] I've actually had invasive surgery before, so anesthesia as well.

Then why the fuck are you so afraid of taking a Covid-19 vaccine?? Again, the risk of serious complications from surgery and the accompanying anaesthesia - EVERY TIME you undergo said surgery - is far greater than taking the vaccine.

You claim to have a high IQ, I assume that stands for "Idiocy Quotient"

by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2021 5:38 PM

as stupid as I find all non-vaxxers, this article delves into what they think, and three great ways to make them change.

1. make it fun

2. make it bad not to get it

3. granny might die

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 3, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote]You can't bully or force people to get a vaccine if they decide they don't want it or need it.

Yeah? Says who?

by Anonymousreply 144May 3, 2021 10:57 PM

R144 - ignore the assholes who want to be the next super spreader. I wish COVID vac passports would be issued and these idiots put dicks like the OP and then other trolls (especially Mr. No Mask, No Wories) in their place. Just look at this link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2021 5:50 PM

R101 so I had this shot Tuesday at nine am. Zero side effects. I'm also 32 and very active, so that probably helps. Remember folks, the number one thing you can do to prevent covid or the next pandemic from killing you is lose some weight. Healthy-weighted bodies can pivot much faster than faster ones when fighting disease.

by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2021 6:33 AM

R146 - too true. I have been sedentary through this pandemic due to work and chores and, admittedly, my own fault. Over a year into this, I had a physical, MRI, and colonoscopy and am in perfect health. I used to go to the gym 5 times a week not to be a boring gym gay, but because I spent a lot on a gym that was a spa and my second home where I met some interesting people who became friends (doctors, writers, etc....not just muscle airheads). I invested in good nutrition and physical therapy and had maybe 2 drinks a few times a week. It pays off.

Screw the obese MAGA and anti-vaxxers. I did it all to stay healthy and at 43 got an excellent bill of health.

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2021 9:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!