Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do DLers hate gay people?

Is it because they are gay? I was surfing through that thread about that DILFy CEO harassing that kid at prom. Basically, every single DLers are on the side of the CEO because the he is hot and the kid wore an awful shade of red. Basically, it was the kid's fault because he was being too femmy. UHHH...holdup...Wasn't it the femmy gay back in the 70's that fought for gay rights? Is it OK now to gay bash if the gay is too fem? I mean that is basically what DLers are signaling. Honestly, this is why they hate us. We enable them to hate us after all. Plus, you just know that on the other side, the MAGA loons are standing by the CEO, no matter how matter how creepy his actions were.

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2021 5:43 AM

It's not even just femme. The claws always come out when gay men discuss other gay men. Conversely, the threads for that post Efron Disney twink were surprising to me but it was probably only two people commenting.

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2021 7:00 PM

You have to be new here if you were shocked that DLers would take the CEO's side on that. I certainly wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2021 7:01 PM

However, "every single DLers are on the side of the CEO" is an exaggeration. I'd say it was about 50/50.

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2021 7:03 PM

There is an increased presence of trolls on "culture wars" and race baiting threads that they usually start themselves and then slap W&Ws on each other, while posting furiously on them in order to keep them visible. They are mostly confined to such threads but they are annoying and with plenty of sock puppet accounts. It's kind of like seeing a swarm of locusts approaching - unless you are particularly fond of standing in the middle of it, you move away and ignore them. Brace yourself, they are determined to make next 2, possibly 4 years like that, unless Muriel has had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2021 7:29 PM

I don’t! I love myself, I love being gay, I love being feminine, I love being male.

by Anonymousreply 5April 29, 2021 7:39 PM

I just hate the stupid ones. My hate is spread equally amongst all orientations, races, etc. I usually hate about 30% of any given group.

by Anonymousreply 6April 29, 2021 7:40 PM

A lot of DL'ers take themselves and other people's posts far too seriously as if they believed that their process of thought is the one that the whole world should revolve around. They don't manage to see the tongue in cheek snark that some of the wittier posters (like myself) utilize as a way of making a stronger point. I don't take anybody's opinion, including myself, as the way the world should be, but the stupid attacks sometimes do give me the desire to reach through my phone and strangle the idiots who have no humor or the ability to see that there are more to two sides of a situation.

However, I don't want to turn into these lunatics, so I pretty much just let them be as miserable as they are. A bunch of anonymous twitwit losers won't deter me from enjoying the smarter and funnier people who really have interesting things to say on almost every topic. The bottom line is when they snark at you for either being a troll or homophobic or racist or whatever, you know the truth about yourself, and you can laugh at their attempts to bully you into feeling bad for offending them. These combos of Ziggy and Bad Luck Schledrock and Neil Goldman will have a major awakening one day, and by that time, they will have turned off and been abandoned by the people who had stood by them before because you can only feel sorry for people for so long.

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2021 7:49 PM

All that verbal diarrhea just to virtue signal to us that you're "anti-woke", R7? I'm still not subscribing to your Substack, Milky Loads.

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2021 7:52 PM

There are some people here who think everyone on DL should automatically support certain people and oppose certain other people and they get upset when it’s not unanimous or goes the other way. In this one example, being gay doesn’t give you a free pass for escaping DL criticism.

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2021 7:55 PM

The only tribe to which true DLers belong is the one that subscribes to pointless bitchery and proving that, in fact, "there is no crueler place than that vile pit of trollery"

The more measured folks on DL don't buy into the identity politics that says we have to support someone just because that person is gay.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2021 8:01 PM

R6 - only 30% ?

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2021 8:02 PM

A lot of people on this site have a lot of contempt for younger gay people and like to pretend they were never young themselves. They think the fem kid in the dress was asking for that harassment just because he was loud and flamboyant. He's a young gay teen who is asserting his gay identity in a homophobic environment that constantly invalidates it. Imagine how many times he was told to "pray the gay away", "it's just a phase, you'll find a nice girl" or "act more masculine." He was using the dress to make a statement and enjoy his prom night. He didn't deserve to have his self-esteem destroyed by some hateful middle-aged schmuck who can't mind his own business. Maybe he looked tacky but he will learn to look glamorous with practice.

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote[A lot of DL'ers take themselves and other people's posts far too seriously as if they believed that their process of thought is the one that the whole world should revolve around.

This is really the perfect description of certain posters here. Plus, they make huge leaps in logic when accusing other posters of things.

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2021 8:22 PM

Let's try this again, without me fucking up the quote function:

[quote]A lot of DL'ers take themselves and other people's posts far too seriously as if they believed that their process of thought is the one that the whole world should revolve around.

This is really the perfect description of certain posters here. Plus, they make huge leaps in logic when accusing other posters of things.

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2021 8:24 PM

DL is anonymous so the gay underbelly is seen here: right-wing, racist, and self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2021 8:39 PM

It's mostly the lesbians posting this crap. They know this a gay mens forum, but yet, this continue to infiltrate this site with hate.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2021 9:06 PM

When this elder gay is gone, he'll be looking down at the current woke people and watch them with glee be ridiculed by the young generation then. Anyone who insults people for having their own view of the world they grew up around and see being dismantled by extremism on both sides will deserve their fate when they suddenly find themselves insulted by whatever phrase generation is controlling the culture chooses to ridicule what they don't understand. It's a recurring part of history that will constantly recycle itself.

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2021 10:40 PM

DLers mostly pick the right side no matter how cunty they appear at first. Yes, they sound antisocial but the majority of the society is not always right.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2021 10:50 PM

OP, be specific.

There are TWO thread here on Datalounge about that tiny, one-minute long incident.

The mood of the two threads is different.

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2021 11:01 PM

[quote] Why do hetero internet troll farm minions come to DL and hate on gay people?

Fixed it for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2021 11:07 PM

R19 the earlier one specifically

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2021 11:10 PM

This one commenced Last Tuesday at 2:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2021 11:15 PM

A majority of the hate is towards white gay men. There is some hate for EJ Johnson, for example, but 99% of the hostility is directed towards white gay men.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2021 11:18 PM

This one commenced Last Tuesday at 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2021 11:18 PM

OP??

LIGHTEN UP, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2021 11:20 PM

R23 lol

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2021 11:20 PM

Faggotry is really offputting. Men shouldn't wear dresses. Sick, sad world

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2021 11:23 PM

Dresses drenched in vaginal blood. Not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2021 11:25 PM

Bottoms hate other bottoms, especially when they're significantly younger and/or hotter. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 29April 30, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote] A lot of people on this site have a lot of contempt for younger gay people and like to pretend they were never young themselves.

What does that mean exactly? That we should allow them to make stupid mistakes and take the freedoms that others built before them for granted? It's infuriating to see woke people denounce others who paved the way for them especially since it doesn't involve any real activism. I remember being a young gay kid and not once did I think it was a good idea to wear a dress just to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 30April 30, 2021 2:15 AM

R30 it is not a crime to wear a dress. Come back when he uses that freedom to commit murder ala Kyle Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] Why do DLers hate gay people?

Why does HRC hate 50% of people in the nation and deplore them?

Why do Social Justice Warriors fill up Datalounge with things that they hate?

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2021 5:09 AM

R32 this is war babe, you dont give them an inch.

by Anonymousreply 33April 30, 2021 5:18 AM

The Right Wing Trolls are even up in this thread. Rupert Murdoch pays them minimum wage to get minorities hating each other.

by Anonymousreply 34April 30, 2021 5:40 AM

That's an interesting theory, R34.

What else can you tell us about this covert scheme? How many hours per day do they put in for this 'minimum wage'?

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2021 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!