Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Finding Freedom" to get reboot for August 2021 release

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2021 8:47 PM

Isn’t this yesterday’s news by now. Is Harry going to show his wienie in this one?

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2021 4:43 PM

That should make the Diana statue ceremony must-see TV!

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2021 4:44 PM

Who knew there was an original version of "Finding Freedom"?

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2021 4:44 PM

With all "project's on hold" while we wait for Diana to come, this is yet another way for Meghan to try to stay in the spotlight. Rebooting the book is a way to build buzz and leak stories with purpose over the summer.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2021 4:55 PM

We don’t care, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2021 4:59 PM

Omid can take his poorly written propaganda twaddle and shove it up his fanny!

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2021 5:35 PM

So this is to be a yearly event then?

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2021 5:40 PM

Meghan and her spokesperson Scobie-Doo must be short a few bucks.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2021 5:43 PM

Meghan is the Harriet Tubman of our generation!

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2021 5:44 PM

Is Scobie-Doo getting paid or is he another Freebie?

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2021 5:45 PM

Scobie seems to work directly for MeAgain. He claims to be a 'royal correspondent' but in his coverage of Philip's funeral was unaware who Princess Margaret's son was.

He's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote] He claims to be a 'royal correspondent' but in his coverage of Philip's funeral was unaware who Princess Margaret's son was.

Like Meghan, he didn't research the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2021 5:57 PM

R12 like Meghan, he doesn't own a Google machine.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2021 6:18 PM

I thought the first book wasn't a big seller. Their target audience is probably the folks who bought the first book. Maybe those super-fans will buy an updated version of the book. (The band Kiss keeps releasing the same "remastered" albums over and over again with bonus tracks...why can't authors?)

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2021 6:23 PM

Did anyone even buy the first book?

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2021 6:27 PM

There is going to be unreleased commentary on Philip's funeral. If Meghan is due sooner than June, as it looks, there might even be some more Palace intrigue on the baby.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2021 6:27 PM

"Finding Freedom" is such a pretentious title. Poor royals had to escape with just the rags on their back and their infant son in a Gladstone bag, fleeing from the oppression of not having everything exactly the way they wanted!

Geez, it should have been saved for a biography of Nelson Mandela or a Saudi princess imprisoned by her controlling male relatives.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2021 6:30 PM

Is this going to be the Director’s Cut or the Uncensored Extended Edition that’s planned to be released in Japan? I prefer NTSC but will make an exception for PAL if it includes all the extras. I hear there’s already a sequel in the works. The working title is Freely Freed and Feeling Free: How Freedom is Freeing and How It Frees You.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2021 6:33 PM

The book only sold 30k in the UK. That's dire.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2021 6:36 PM

The thread when the first edition came out was fun, so good news I guess.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2021 6:44 PM

Ohhhhh...it’s a book. I thought it was going to be adapted into a movie. Megs would play herself, obviously. And then maybe Matt Bomer as Harry. William will be played by Danny DeVito, Kate will be played by a Trans POC. Meryl Streep will be cast as Her Royal Majesty. If they can get Darren Aronofsky to direct it’s sure to be a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2021 6:48 PM

For refreshers, the thread on the First Edition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2021 6:50 PM

Seventh edition. 112th printing.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2021 6:52 PM

The first release didn't make much of a splash so why do they think the second one will? Royal watchers will summarize the update in the press, it will get a day or two's attention, and then people will go back to not caring again.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2021 6:54 PM

She really is lowlife. Her sister tried to warn everybody. I assumed she was just salty, but nope. She knew that Meghan is an insatiable, self-centered narcissist. Harry is just as tacky. Selling stories about his family for cash. That is likely the reason Charles won’t take his phone calls. He is probably worried Meghan will be taping them. Harry will regret all of this someday. When his marriage falls apart and things between him and Meghan are getting nasty, he will have a lot of bridges to rebuild.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2021 6:54 PM

Unless they're including HD pics of Dim's royal, pink hole I'll be passing on this version, too.

If I feel a yearning for a whinefest, I can get that for free from my Trumper cousin Bobby. At least Bobby's wife isn't a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Maybe it will an Oprah's Book Club Book, with a new forward by Harkle BFF Gayle King

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2021 6:56 PM

I bet Lady Colin Campbell is licking her chops.

Everytime MeAgain pulls a stunt, Campbell’s YouTube income goes up, as she demolishes her claims.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2021 7:01 PM

The 'celebrity' Harry Windsor and his first wife...

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2021 7:08 PM

I wonder who Harry will marry next. I figure he'll wind up with 5 ex-wives before he's 50.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2021 7:15 PM

Sure Scobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2021 7:48 PM

Scabies is an ugly little worm. He will be ruined when is he no longer any use to her and he is genuinely too stupid to realize it. As for new chapters of whining and lies, yawn. They have zero credibility and no one believes anything they say. Desperate clowns. You don't know whether to laugh at them or pity them. I laugh.

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2021 7:59 PM

what's wrong with his face? bad plastic surgery or what?

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2021 8:14 PM

Scobie is such the bitchy little mean girl - he doesn't even *pretend* to be a legitimate journalist (or a legitimate anything, for that matter). You can just imagine him on the phone with Markle "and then she said, well Charlotte really should be wearing tights at the wedding - it's how we do things. And she just made me cry, you know?" while Scobie giggles & hisses at it all.

by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2021 9:43 PM

Very Hollywood title. Or used to be. With the “ing” in it. Is that trend still going on? Started with Raising Arizona, I think.

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2021 10:16 PM

R33--Excessive bad plastic surgery. Doesn't he look fanplastic? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2021 10:49 PM

Was this another example of the Sussexes floating a potential idea in the press to see how it played out? Kind of like the second Oprah interview. When the idea gets roundly ridiculed, they always retreat and say it was all made up by the hostile press.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2021 11:08 PM

I'm starting to believe the rumor that Meghan won't follow Sunshine's instructions and suddenly can't bear that she's not in the news and she strikes out on her own, does something stupid and Sunshine cringes.

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2021 12:26 AM

R38 I don't think she listens to ANYBODY but herself.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2021 1:08 AM

R38 - Oh, I believe it's more than that: I think both Meghan and Harry are realising that the only thing they have to sell that anybody wants to hear about is the BRF.

In leaving and protesting that they wanted to strike out on their own they overestimated how much interest they could drum up in their rather boring personae apart from their connection to the BRF. And thus found themselves hoist with their own petard: not in the BRF but eternally dependent on it for any marketable appeal. No endless PR as the press cover their "work" as senior royals. No allowances from Charles for designer clothes and staff. No quite lovely if not grand home a half-mile from Windsor Castle (I wonder if the Queen has cancelled their least on that, yet). No presence at state banquets draped in diamonds loaned for the occasion by Her Majesty.

It's also true that Meghan, particularly, cannot bear being out of the news: her mental demons crave constant attention. She was a fool to leave the one thing that made her a star, and now, as the BRF quietly freeze out and ignore her and her husband (I do think this is the BRF's long-term strategy, and I'm not sure now that it isn't brilliant), she is being driven to ever more desperate attempts to remind the public of her attachment to it. Hence, the FF "reboot".

Now, Meghan has to work for her money, she has to work hard at getting herself into the papers, and, so far, it's been by tightening the noose around her neck with the rope the Queen obligingly gave the two with which to hang themselves: one nasty, insulting, petulant, and offensive story after another. And, with each one, the leak of private conversations, threats via bottom feeders like Omid Scobie and Gayle King (even Oprah is trying cautiously to straddle the fence between absolving herself of any responsibility for what they said but not quite accusing them of lying), silly pap photos nakedly trying to stick it (and failing, it was laughable) to Kate on Kate's child's birthday . . . they ensure that they will never, ever be let back in.

If only they weren't so totally mental, and Meghan had had the shrewdness and appreciation of her great good fortune that Sophie Wessex had, Meghan could have truly broken the mold and showed that a black, biracial, American woman could grasp the principle of the difference between royalty and celebrity, and succeed at it as well as any white Englishwoman.

But, no. Her envy, competitiveness, defensiveness, and craving for stardom and endless drama ruled, and she listened to those demons instead of common sense, and did herself and her children out of a life or comfort, security, status, and extended family.

You couldn't make it up.

By the way, Newsweek has run a story that the Court of Appeal has confirmed that ANL have filed an application to appeal the High Court's verdict in Meghan's case against the Mail on Sunday. This doesn't mean the Court has granted the application, and even if it does, it doesn't mean the case will succeed any better than it did in the High Court.

The right to appeal is not a new trial: it is a review of the previous judgement to determine whether there was an error of law in the lower court's decision. I doubt that the Court of Appeal will find that was the case even if the right to appeal is granted. Warby is far too experienced a judge not to have insulated himself against that in his decision.

ANL's one shot, I believe, is pointing out that Warby encouraged the expansion of evidence that ANL could present and then deprived the defendant of the opportunity to present it, and granted Summary Judgement on insufficient evidence.

Just a guess, and even so, I still doubt it will succced.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2021 12:24 PM

^*lease (not least)

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2021 12:25 PM

Next up for the desperate, grasping Markles? I fear H will throw them all under the bus by accusing TRF of murdering Diana. It is said that a documentary about his mother is the real reason NF paid him money. I hope not, but these two have no bottom and will do anything for money, attention, vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2021 3:08 PM

Why didn't the Oscars invite Meghan last night? She must be so disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2021 4:07 PM

R43-- Meow, lol!

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2021 4:29 PM

Were there socially distanced outdoor after parties? I'm sure she tried to get an invitation. If Elton did his usual soiree, she'd be there pregnant and all.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2021 12:12 AM

Omid Scobie looks like an extraterrestrial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Those teeth are worse than the plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2021 1:07 AM

what the fuck did he do to his face? he looks like an alien or a store mannequin

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2021 1:21 AM

It's even worse than just plastic surgery. He's bleached his skin. Good freaking gad! 😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2021 1:25 AM

@R49---- It has been said that he is trying to look just like MM. Michael Jackson and Norman Bates level of insanity and creep factor.

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2021 3:10 AM

Wow. He fucked himself up. A self-loathing used-to-be brown guy and a half-black starlet passing for white. What a combo.

by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2021 3:23 AM

He's a freak who looks grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2021 3:24 AM

Amid Scabies used to be kind of cute.

I think the BRF has been wise to just ignore them and carry on with their lives. It’s the only thing to do when dealing with people like the Sussexes. Grey-rocking, ignoring, walking right past.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2021 3:34 AM

Yes, R53. Isn't it so ironic that the woman who grey rocked everyone in her life who loved and supported her is now having the same done to her? And it is KILLING her, 😄

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote] I fear H will throw them all under the bus by accusing TRF of murdering Diana. It is said that a documentary about his mother is the real reason NF paid him money.

Very interesting point. I never thought about that being a content option, but if he believes it, he might be waiting for Philip (RIP) and the Queen to die and then will nuke Charles, et al. Netflix does not just pay out 150M unless you are someone like Ryan Murphy. Like someone said, Meghan and Hairy are just not interesting people without the BRF. They are going to either have to completely show themselves or the family stripped down, warts and all to earn that money. Harry accusing the BRF of greasing the breaks on Diana's car on Netflix - that would be a massive sword to dive upon and would send a shockwave around the world. MARY! I don't want to encourage Meghan if she is trolling the DL.

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2021 3:40 AM

Netflix didn’t pay them $150m - they gave them seed funding to come up with productions which, if developed, could result in up to $150m return.

There are a bunch of caveats there.

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2021 3:48 AM

Thank you for clarifying that, r56.

Netflix didn’t pay them anything close to that. Another bit of misleading PR that people misconstrued (as they were meant to). Another wish presented as fact.

by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2021 10:42 AM

[quote]Netflix didn’t pay them $150m - they gave them seed funding to come up with productions which, if developed, could result in up to $150m return.

That & being iced out by his family is what is eventually going to cause Harry to crack; no doubt she's telling him she is HAVING HIS BABY & he better start slinging the BRF muck to create content Netflix wants or the $$ goes away - as does his family! I would not want to be Harry now...

by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2021 11:32 AM

Netflix running a film that suggests that Britain's Head of State was responsible for the murder of her son's ex-wife begs so many legal questions, it makes the privacy case Meghan brought against ANL look like child's play.

Netflix would have to attach a message reminding the viewers that the film is a work of fiction and speculation for entertainment purposes only, that no proof existed that the British Royal Family or any of its members were responsible for the fatal car crash in Paris that killed Diana, nor was it Netflix's intention to suggest that by running the film.

The political and legal minefield that running such a film on Netflix, with Harry and Meghan attached to it via one of their own employees, might just push the BRF into filing a slander/defamation suit, and put paid to any remaining shreds of relationship that still existed between Harry and his blood family.

And, as with all the Harkles' other Shock And Awe efforts, the blowback would end up making them look far worse, just for the sake of tweaking Harry's father's and brother's nose.

If they had any sense, they'd figure out that for them, the ROI wasn't worth it.

Netflix wouldn't give a fuck, because Netflix only cares about its bottom line.

Poster upthread is correct: the Harkles didn't get $150 million. They got a retainer with the contract, probably somewhere in the mid-seven figures, giving Netflix the right of first refusal of any programming the Harkles come up with. Netflix undoubtedly has the right to reject such programming contractually, and the Harkles only make more money on it if Netflix buys it and it then makes money, from which the Harkles get a percentage. It's just like book publishing: you get an advance, then you write the rest of the book, the editors edit it, and then decide whether it's worth publishing or not, and if they do, and it sells, the author gets a percentage of the sales.

That's why the reports carefully said, "Could potentially be worth $150 million".

I'm not at all sure that the Harkles aren't still extremely anxious about money. They're carrying a $9 million mortgage on that Montecito home, and besides housekeeping and grounds and security staff, keep adding on PR, programming, and foundation staff. Their expenses are likely huge, and Archie isn't even in school yet, and it's not likely he's going to go to the local comprehensive.

They are living high off the hog - dressing, as it were, for the job they want rather than the one they have.

I would guess that it's not an apology Harry and Meghan want, but a financial deal with the Windosrs in the form of a massive settlement cheque and perhaps stopping the bullying inquiry, in return for which the Harkles will promise to shut up, move on with their lives, and refrain from any further comment or engagement with the Windsors. I wouldn't trust Meghan's word on anything, but that's what I think Harry is really trying to negotiate with his father and grandmother.

They know they are finished in the UK. They need to secure themselves for the longer-term in that house and their lifestyle in California.

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2021 1:12 PM

R58 Charles and William are not the "trapped" ones.

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2021 1:16 PM

R59 When you think about it, that estate they're living in really is way over the top for them, slightly ridiculous. At best it's unearned. I suppose they would argue they need the "security" such a palace affords.

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2021 1:22 PM

Does anyone really believe that the Harkles will ever shut up about the BRF?

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2021 1:36 PM

Nope, R62. Their victimhood i$ the only intere$ing thing about them. Until the divorce, ofc, then instead of the Royal Family the main abu$er will be Harry.

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2021 1:57 PM

They have no marketable skills beyond leaking info about the royal family. That's what they were hired for. Nobody gives a shit about anything else about them. Giving Oprah for free all that scandal (though I'm sure they got a kickback from her) can't have pleased Netflix: they were paying for that.

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2021 4:25 PM

I hope the BRF will continue to stonewall them and not fork over any hush money, especially over the insane threat to expose the fallacy that the BRF had Diana 86'd.

Its all been hashed through before by Dodi's father with no plausible evidence produced whatsoever.

This sort of tripe appeals to the extreme tabloid morons only, and while there may be a lot of them in the US, I question if there would be enough of them to recoup even production costs associated with making such a ludicrous documentary.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2021 4:54 PM

They can always manufacture some assasination attempts and blame fatass Charlotte, I suppose. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Diana died because her driver was shitfaced drunk and going 100mph through a tunnel, and she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2021 10:09 PM

R66 - Given what we can see of Charlotte already, she's got her paternal Gran's long, beautiful legs; and given her mother's and father's genetic look, a fat arse is probably something that isn't going to appear.

Now, if we were talking about Pss. Eugenie . . .

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2021 12:30 PM

I can't imagine bringing mockery on a royal family...disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2021 1:13 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2021 2:10 AM

R1, you did not disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2021 2:26 AM

Okay, I don't hate Harry. I don't hate Markle. But, mental health series with Prince Harry? This is a thing? This is a thing that is happening? Harry and Oprah bringing mental health to the poors? Really?

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2021 2:40 AM

Prince H still seems to have numerous issues in spite of years of therapy. Just an observation. Is his really going to be the poster boy for mental health?

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2021 4:29 PM

It is much more dangerous and outrageous that. He is telling young teenagers not to seek out professional heath care for depression and suicidal feelings. Are TRF really going to allow this? The very fucking LEAST they can do is take the titles away from this monster they have enabled all of his life. Are they going to allow this? What if a teenager doesn't seek help because Harry discouraged him from it and the depressed teenager commits suicide? I am not over exaggerating this issue, this is what Harry is doing. Dumb as a fucking mosquito Harry. Sociopathic Harry. Unnaturally greedy Harry. Scientology teaches the exact same thing. That psych meds are dangerous and unneeded. Same with any mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2021 5:30 PM

Sussexes : mental health :: Oprah : weight loss

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2021 5:42 PM

R74 I don't get that he's discouraging people from seeking help? He spoke a lot about getting therapy to deal with his Diana issues. Which makes Meghan's claim about being denied any mental health support all the more difficult to believe

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2021 5:56 PM

R75- Right? It would screamingly funny if they weren't so evil and disgusting. They remind me of a ferrel hogs. Always consuming everything in their path, never sated.

🐗🐗🦛🦛 Count this calorie , you fucking fat pig. 🖕

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote]Prince H still seems to have numerous issues in spite of years of therapy. Just an observation. Is his really going to be the poster boy for mental health?

I can kind of see this; he could state: I was a born prince with everyone fighting for access to me, yet I feel lonely at times; I've never worried about money a day in my life, but I feel anxious at times; I'm blessed by every measure, yet I struggle with depression & loneliness.

While it would be everyone's cup of tea, I think if Harry could be honest about himself, his faults, the way he's treated people and the things he regrets, he could reach certain young men. But since his MO since to be to continually blame others, I don't know that he's capable of that level of introspection & humility required to really reach people.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2021 8:42 PM

R78 never would he ever. His doc with William on the 20th anniversary of Diana's death was good because he opened up to needing help with his struggles. I doubt he is capable of acknowledging his shortcomings at this point, he's a perpetual victim

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2021 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!