Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pentagon confirms validity of UFO videos

The Pentagon has said that the recent leaked photos and videos of UFOs are genuine.

Why now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 30, 2021 3:37 AM

We're here, we're queer (in the odd sense) , get used to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]UFOs are genuine

UFO just means they don't know what it is; it doesn't mean aliens.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2021 12:28 AM

Why now? To give FOX news a bigger story to cover than, Trump is a traitor- Collusion Collusion Collusion.

Look a UFO!

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2021 12:44 AM

Well where’s the pics?

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2021 12:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2021 1:18 AM

as if

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2021 1:19 AM

R3 yes

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2021 1:22 AM

Not going to be spending billions in Afghanistan anymore, so we have to funnel money to military contractors in some other way — like devising defenses against non-existent aliens.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2021 1:23 AM

Government agencies have 6 months to release all info they have about UAPs (unidentified aerial phenomena).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2021 1:25 AM

More info...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2021 1:25 AM

I heard that Trumps first trip on Air Force One was accompanied by ufos and it really freaked him out.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2021 2:00 AM

Too late. I did not believe them when they denied the existence of UFO's. I do not believe them now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2021 2:05 AM

The last administration spent a couple of weeks in the middle of their term peppering different media outlets that UFO stuff was going to be revealed. Simultaneously Trump made some leading statements that he would be discussing the topic.

Then it all stopped. I bet there’s a reason Trump was muzzled.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2021 2:16 AM

I think Elon Musk or Richard Branson blasted something off, something they are experimenting with.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2021 2:21 AM

That’s not a UFO, it’s just that car that Elon launched into space.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2021 2:25 AM

After all my younger years of watching inebriated queens literally flying around the lounges and dancefloors at gay bars weekend nights in and out, I can personally say that I've always believed firmly in the existence of unidentifiable areal phenomena and extraterrestrials existing here on earth. They always seemed to at Chaps and Metro bars in Boston in the '90s, anyway!!

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2021 2:36 AM

They're out there...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2021 2:41 AM

Girls, you know what to do! Line up and bend over for your anal probes! 👽👽🛸🛸

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2021 2:45 AM

This example, I think, is really rather interesting to watch..

For those vids that have such images that might seem more "authentically appearing," the supposed flying objects in those seem to me to be -- I can't really explain it -- but actually more so as if what we're seeing flying isn't really a nuts-and-bolts "vehicle," but rather some sort of "living object" so to speak. As if it's some special interdimensional physics-laws-defying phenomena.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2021 2:48 AM

Pretty cool, r19

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2021 2:52 AM

I told you it was a UFO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2021 4:33 AM

Watch d see one of Steven Greer’s videos on YouTube. They guy is pretty full of himself but has some interesting thoughts on this topic :)

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2021 5:44 AM

Doty =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Aliens ships are alive (they use their own DNA) =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2021 7:07 AM

One of Italy's best documented cases =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2021 7:08 AM

The E.T. battle going on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2021 7:09 AM

Part 2 of Abductee Jones interview =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2021 7:11 AM

S.D.I. & E.T.s =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2021 7:12 AM

People who don’t believe life might exist outside of earth perplex me. They remind me of the people who still believe the earth is flat.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2021 7:21 AM

R19 Wow. That looks eerie, insane, and... beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2021 7:28 AM

Has Pentagon commented on the authenticity of this shocking extra terrestrial footage yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2021 8:16 AM

A terpsichorean welcome...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2021 1:59 PM

Joan Rivers take on UFOs @ 2:21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 17, 2021 2:46 PM

Do you all remember the about face this Arizona

governor did with the "Phoenix Lights" event back in 1997?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote]The last administration spent a couple of weeks in the middle of their term peppering different media outlets that UFO stuff was going to be revealed. Simultaneously Trump made some leading statements that he would be discussing the topic.

He also peppered the media that they were going to address infrastructure, build a wall and repeal & replace the ACA.

Trump was nothing but pepper.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2021 1:01 AM

The government is releasing this stuff because they want to cover something else up, probably our own or another country’s advanced tech. Same sorry as with Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2021 1:52 AM

Not ufo specific but related...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2021 10:06 PM

R1 I am actually intrigued by that landing page. Is this a cult? Are they introducing us to Trisolarians in an easy-to-understand way?

by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2021 11:39 PM

I welcome our new Overlords if they can fix our problems and push us to the next stage of our evolution. Why do humans need to muck around in space anyway?

by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Has Guido Sarducci commented?

by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2021 11:44 PM

Are there really no beautiful extraterrestrials?

by Anonymousreply 41April 21, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote] UFO just means they don't know what it is; it doesn't mean aliens.

Well, they say these vehicles appear to defy the laws of physics as we understand it. So...

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2021 12:33 AM

Im not really into blondes, but if I have to give a blow job to an alien I hope it's one from the Pleiades .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote]Why do humans need to muck around in space anyway?

To be better than the Russians. It was called the space race for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2021 6:09 AM

Oops wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2021 10:25 AM

The US government is actually gearing up to share information about the “reality” of UFOs with the public — and not a moment too soon, says the man who claims to have run the Pentagon’s UFO program for 9 years.

Former President Donald Trump’s $2.3 trillion appropriation bill for 2021 contained a mandate that the Pentagon and spy agencies must file a report about “unidentified aerial phenomena” or UAP. Most of us just call them flying saucers or UFOs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2021 11:34 PM

R46 The linked sources in that article are wild!

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2021 12:29 AM

Aren't these experimental hypersonic missiles that the Air Force is developing? They have a very high-security clearance and have been photographed by Navy pilots that do not. Maybe this revelation cautions the Russians against any attacks on their "near abroad" like UKR or BLR. I doubt the UFOs contain aliens.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2021 12:42 AM

They could be, Marie. So we’ve developed vehicles that totally defy the laws of physics as we understand them? That would be very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2021 12:45 AM

Also interesting that none of our adversaries would be aware that we were developing them. We all spy on each other. They would have to either not be very good at spying on us, or be willing to not say a word about what they know of our new, physics-defying air- and sea-craft... which would be odd. Either scenario is as unlikely as the UFOs being operated by extraterrestrials.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2021 12:48 AM

They're on the way....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2021 6:35 AM

Inside ‘Skinwalker Ranch’ UFO hotspot probed by the Pentagon where cows are found ‘inside out’ & the soil is radioactive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 28, 2021 3:58 PM

Verificatia of alien size meat?

by Anonymousreply 53April 28, 2021 4:04 PM

[quote]So we’ve developed vehicles that totally defy the laws of physics as we understand them? That would be very impressive.

Maybe they aren't defying the laws of physics from an uninformed observer's viewpoint.

[quote]They would have to either not be very good at spying on us, or be willing to not say a word about what they know of our new, physics-defying air- and sea-craft... which would be odd.

They all know. Russia had an explosion in 2019 that was never explained. Trump later crowed - well, our missile is working; theirs isn't. At this point, we don't know who has what. However, given the US willingness to "share UFO info," I'm assuming the US holds an incredible edge.

by Anonymousreply 54April 30, 2021 6:55 AM

Interesting, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55April 30, 2021 9:25 PM

UFOs are flying over the US, the military doesn't know what they are or who is behind them, and we can't stop them, an ex-Pentagon investigator revealed.

Luis Elizondo, who headed up the secretive Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), told The US Sun strange "provocations" reported in a slew of footage by the US military are real - and the question is now simply "what are they?".

And while not wanting to get into specifics, when asked whether Russia and China are also studying UAPs, he said: "We have every reason to believe that foreign adversarial countries are equally - if not more - interested in these topics than we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2021 9:29 PM

There was along discussion in the New York Times a few months ago. Some experts believe these 'ships' are moving between dimensions using technology from their dimension/universe. One expert claimed that he believed the famous miracle at Fatima was created by these beings. The miracle at Fatima was witnessed by a big crowd of people and is an unexplained event. These experts believe the military is primarily interested in the propulsion engines. It looks like Roswell really happened...

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2021 9:40 PM

R57 If this turns out to be true, it will turn both science and religion upside down.

by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2021 9:45 PM

Yes, it will truly be 'earthshaking'. What will our alien visitors do once it is public? Will it be like First Contact - the Star Trek movie.

by Anonymousreply 59April 30, 2021 9:49 PM

I went to Fatima and all I saw was...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 30, 2021 9:52 PM

R59.

by Anonymousreply 61April 30, 2021 9:52 PM

R59 Or Independence Day…?

by Anonymousreply 62April 30, 2021 9:53 PM

oh, no- read this.... published today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2021 12:55 AM

Operation Blue Beam, baby, and the ignorant masses will be none the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2021 1:05 AM

Interesting... never heard of the Miracle of Fatima until now, I went to go read about it.

Personally, I remember seeing a UFO when I was very young on a summer vacation in the 80's. We had driven to New Mexico and I was just looking out the window of the car on a mostly clear blue sky day, when I saw a dark, silvery, triangular shape just floating fairly high-up in they sky but very noticeable. It wasn't moving but somewhat reflective and looked like it was slowly rotating in the air.

We were in the middle of no where at the time, but these days, I chalk it up to some nearby military base that was probably flying some crazy thing. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2021 1:35 AM

R41 The ones referred to as "Nordic aliens" believe themselves to be the most beautiful of all the different alien species in this galaxy and a few species in the Andromeda galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2021 3:03 AM

Yes, The Sun is such a reputable news source. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2021 2:24 PM

Occam's Razor ( he was shaving when he came up with it). The simplest explanation is most likely true. Earth is not special and neither are we and we're not as advanced as other species both here and on other planets.

For all of recorded history, in every culture since cave drawings people have reported UFO's and experiences with other beings. Currently we have military, govt officials and pilots from all over the world reporting thousands of incidents. There are videos of aircraft going into and leaving volcanos. There are videos of UFOs at the space station. And all of these are just in the last few years. Plus, we have ex-officials from around the world admitting they were part of a global disinformation campaign to deny it. If it wasn't true, they wouldn't waste resources to deny it.

My husband and I are both experiencers. Check out People of Earth on Hulu, it's EXACTLY like that.

I can't understand the average Trump voter I doubt I could do much better with an alien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2021 4:18 PM

Thank you - I have just started watching it.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote]My husband and I are both experiencers.

No you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] Maybe they aren't defying the laws of physics from an uninformed observer's viewpoint.

Okay...? Or maybe you’re the one who’s uninformed, Marie?

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote]Well, they say these vehicles appear to defy the laws of physics as we understand it.

"As we understand it" is the key.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2021 6:18 PM

Aliens are probably already here. They are not in the form we expect them to be.

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2021 10:32 PM

The octopus, yes, we already knew that, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2021 10:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2021 2:05 PM

Oh hell no, R75.

[quote]'There is something in our skies, we don't know its intentions, and there isn't a damn thing we can do': Pentagon whistleblower warns failure to address UFOs could be America's biggest spy failure since 9/11

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2021 2:39 PM

I had never seen the pyramid-shaped UFO footage from the Pentagon before. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] People who don’t believe life might exist outside of earth perplex me. They remind me of the people who still believe the earth is flat.

It’s not that I don’t believe intelligent life might exist elsewhere in the universe, it’s just that I don’t believe we’ve been visited by aliens. The odds of extraterrestrials visiting earth in the VERY short timeframe of human civilization (less than 20,000 years out of a 14 billion year old universe) are vanishingly small.

However as R57 suggests these UFOs could be of earthly origin, piloted by “aliens” who could be sitting right next to me as I type this. Something like 85% of the universe is made up of dark matter, which we are unable to see or detect (yet). That means that WE are the minority in this universe, our reality that we experience being a fraction of its whole. Perhaps the Dark Matter People have figured out a way to manifest themselves, at least temporarily, as normal matter and interact with us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]The odds of extraterrestrials visiting earth in the VERY short timeframe of human civilization (less than 20,000 years out of a 14 billion year old universe) are vanishingly small.

I read a leading scientist some years ago saying pretty much the same thing. Alien intelligence has and will exist but probably not in the same tiny time frame mankind has existed and intelligent life will spring up on other planets long after we are gone and have existed long before we came into being. The timing will never be right.

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2021 7:04 PM

We're also a small planet circling a medium-sized star quite far out on an arm of the Milky Way. We're not at a central location, more like Tristan da Cunha. Why would aliens go to the time and expense of coming here?

by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2021 7:49 PM

I loved the sitcom Third Rock from the Sun where they describe the Earth as "on the wrong side of the galaxy" akin to a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]R13 Trump made some leading statements that he would be discussing the topic. Then it all stopped. I bet there’s a reason Trump was muzzled.

If only they had taken him. (But then after spending 15 seconds with him they’d want to exterminate us all.)

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2021 8:02 PM

Or he went silent because he's completely full of shit and had nothing to back it up per usual. You know "lots of people are saying".....

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote]Why would aliens go to the time and expense of coming here?

If time and expense are concepts they experience, then sheer exploratory curiosity is likely a factor too. As it's always been on our own lively little planet.

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2021 6:24 AM

Homo sapiens travel for 2 reasons, business or pleasure. Business is for resources and pleasure is either leisure or to visit family or friends. Advanced species could be here for "fuel", minerals or other elements, they could be here for research, collecting DNA samples, they could be "us" in the future. Think about how the "simulation" theory intersects with "aliens". Maybe Earth is their Sims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2021 1:43 PM

It's not easy for a lesser species to explain a higher species. Homo sapiens explaining "aliens" to each other would be like dogs explaining "people" to other dogs, the most you could expect is a ruff interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] I read a leading scientist some years ago saying pretty much the same thing. Alien intelligence has and will exist but probably not in the same tiny time frame mankind has existed and intelligent life will spring up on other planets long after we are gone and have existed long before we came into being. The timing will never be right.

Why would it never be right? Don’t you or that “leading scientist some years ago” understand how many *billions* of stars there are in the universe? Why it would be unrealistic to expect other advanced forms of life to exist out there at the same time that we do?

BILLIONS OF STARS. Can you even imagine that?

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2021 6:48 AM

[quote]Why it would be unrealistic to expect other advanced forms of life to exist out there at the same time that we do?

Because the odds against that are literally astronomical?

It's like asking whether it's unrealistic to expect that I will win the next Powerball Lottery AND be struck by lightning on the same day while flying in a commercial airplane that crashes into the ground. Sure, it's entirely POSSIBLE, but I would probably have to wait longer than the life of the universe for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2021 7:58 PM

Yes, r87 and you haven't changed my mind at all.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2021 8:00 PM

Hey, did you guys watch a documentary about communicating with these aliens via meditation? Groups of people would gather and meditate and they record the sightings.

I can't remember the name of it. Is this real?

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] Because the odds against that are literally astronomical?

No, they’re actually the opposite of that. Holy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2021 1:46 AM

I completely agree with a poster upthread. i think they are releasing this info because they really can't hold it back anymore. they are trying to prepare people, thus the 18 month timeline. there are too many vids and spacewatch enthusiasts that keep spotting UFOs/whatever else you want to call them, and so many people/officials/military that have witnessed them that they really can't keep the lid on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2021 2:24 AM

Interesting. 60 Minutes will be doing a segment on UFOs/UAPs this Sunday.

[quote]That journalistic behemoth “60 Minutes” has a report set to air covering the issue of UFO/UAP reality. It’s scheduled for Sunday, May 16th, 7 p.m.

[quote]Here are the details — the story is called “UAP” and will be reported by Bill Whitaker and produced by Graham Messick. It’s a single segment, regular length, and runs second in the line-up between stories called “Facial Recognition” and “Rafa” (about tennis player Rafael Nadal).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2021 12:28 AM

R91 I was like WTF, too. lol.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2021 1:16 PM

Unidentified flying object is vastly different then "we're being visited by aliens".

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2021 1:23 PM

Perhaps I should have clarified R91, R94 that R79 and I are talking in the context of an advanced civilization visiting earth.

The odds of there being a civilization advanced enough to have perfected interstellar/intergalactic travel AND happening upon us humans in the tiny spec of time that human civilization has existed are, while not quite zero, incredibly small.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2021 2:54 PM

You’re an idiot, R96.

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2021 3:18 PM

Ooooh, check out the brave, thoughtful and reasoned ad-hominem attack from R97! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2021 3:21 PM

Thanks R93, I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2021 3:33 PM

Here's a preview of the 60 Minutes segment. It's only about a minute long but, 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2021 7:42 PM

Thanks for sharing, R100. I’m glad officials are finally confirming the existence of unidentifiable flying objects and that they are just as curious and perplexed as everyday bystanders who have witnessed and captured the same or similar appearances.

I am, however, surprised by the frequency of these sighting by government officials. If they are finally revealing this much, including they they consider them a “danger,” imagine how much they already know.

It’s going to be an interesting century.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2021 8:00 PM

*that they

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2021 8:02 PM

R97 you've got that turned around. I believe you are the idiot and I'll take respected experts opinions/theories over some random internet troll's.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2021 8:26 PM

We need to stop listening to "experts" and scientists who could not possibly have any understanding of advanced technologies beyond our current knowledge. Use your eyes. Look up. You will see them. It is really that simple

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2021 8:31 PM

I just hope they're gay friendly. I want me some Alpha Centauri dick!.

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2021 8:33 PM

Holy crap! Stuff is coming out fast and furious now.

A new video was posted on Instagram this afternoon, and within an hour the Pentagon confirmed its authenticity. Wow.

Some coordinating leaking going on here....but why, exactly? I've read some speculation that the military is doing it deliberately to drum up support for more spending, but sources in the military laughed at that saying they didn't need to make up an elaborate story to get more money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2021 8:34 PM

I hope you are being facetious R104. If not, wow.

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2021 8:38 PM

Death has come to your little town, sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2021 8:43 PM

R107. Why the wow? I fully meant what I said. As I mentioned earlier in another chat, I live in Europe. During the past 14 days, I've seen a very strange object in the sky on 2 different nights. It was definitely not a satellite, meteor or drone. It was a red globe like object surrounded by an outer white ring that suddenly appeared in the horizon and moved purposefully in a zig zag motion quickly across the sky. I turned my head to follow the path as it crossed over me. No man made or natural object could move like this. It was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2021 8:55 PM

That's nice but I still don't equate that with aliens. UFO is just unidentified flying object. Could be experimental aircraft.

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2021 9:49 PM

That propaganda REALLY worked on the "experimental technology" lemmings. They RUSH to parrot that over and over.

What idiots the lemmings are.

by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]Why would aliens go to the time and expense of coming here?

They're all male, lost, and refuse to ask for directions.

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2021 10:13 PM

"We can't travel to other star systems, therefore how could a civilizations BILLIONS OF YEARS OLDER THAN US be able to???!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2021 10:17 PM

Quick question. Would a foreign government really send giant pyramid shaped drones or "experimental aircraft" with blinking lights to hover 700 M above military ships where they can easily be spotted or filmed like ones seen in the video leaks by the US navy to spy on us? Not to mention that these objects and others also seen in military videos defy the laws of physics as we understand them and can not be approached by advanced fighter jets. The answer is very simple. The government knows this. Some people need to wake the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2021 11:21 PM

Here's how the aliens explain humans to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 15, 2021 12:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 15, 2021 12:45 AM

New York Times a couple of days ago - I missed this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 15, 2021 12:48 AM

In 1997, witnesses in Arizona, Nevada, and Mexico reported seeing lights in the sky; there was some variance probably depending on location/angle. Our former Governor, Fife Symington, later admitted he saw it and whatever it was blew his mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 15, 2021 1:15 AM

R118, It's secret USA technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 119May 15, 2021 1:17 AM

I am sure there are thousands of aircraft engineers who could put a homemade (in any shape) drone together and send it flying. We've been introduced to drones recently, but the concept has been around for decades.

by Anonymousreply 120May 15, 2021 2:18 AM

They will reveal themselves within the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 121May 15, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] I am sure there are thousands of aircraft engineers who could put a homemade (in any shape) drone together and send it flying.

Right, a home made drone. That can fly 100 miles out to sea, then outrun an F-18. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 122May 15, 2021 10:58 AM

Earth is a quark on a quark.

If we're being visited by external, sentient beings it ain't by them. It's by their drones used by them to see us, just as we "see" neutrinos or other sub-atomic particles with our little detectors.

I stole that from the end credits of "Men in Black".

by Anonymousreply 123May 15, 2021 11:09 AM

R120 has ALL the answers!!!!

DRONES!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT~!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 124May 15, 2021 11:45 AM

the guy said he saw them everyday for years!!! I wonder if those things tried to communicate

by Anonymousreply 125May 15, 2021 2:05 PM

There is an unidentifiable object in the sky. Therefore it’s a green Martian in a spaceship..

by Anonymousreply 126May 15, 2021 2:20 PM

I wouldn't call the video at r19 super clear. How hard is it to hold a camera still, FFS?

At the very end what I could see of it looked like a birthday balloon with the sun glinting off of it. The size of it makes that impossible. But jeez, if only the camera could have stayed still for a few more moments at a time.

by Anonymousreply 127May 15, 2021 4:10 PM

I come from a family of scientists. We need a hell of a lot more science to understand/accept what is going on.

I'm an experiencer since childhood so I need no convincing but I/we have no idea what is going on until we have access to the data.

^ go try to take a a video of a single bird flying around. I've looked at thousands of videos nearly all are easily explainable, usually the best ones are a fast moving light/object in the sky with some landscape to provide scale. No video outside a Star Wars looking ship will convince anyone. The most fascinating to me are the plasma/orb ones which look like Glenda the good bitch. Also the big city sightings seem to me to be testing us.

The Phoenix lights/aircraft were witnessed by thousands including the governor who lied about it for a decade. The O'hare incident got a lot of attention as well. If you pick any category of the UFO phenomenon you can find strong credible cases that only beg for more info. Brooklyn Bridge with Javier de Cuellar and FBI agents as witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 15, 2021 5:03 PM

There are dozens of videos of and interviews with astronauts. There's a Russian one where the wide camera 24/7 broadcast shows the control room and a dozen cameras of the ISS. You can see the control room, the astronauts reacting to the UFO's all at the same time. I can't find the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 15, 2021 5:10 PM

Use your brain. We flew to the moon, landed there and explored a little. Now, we are backwards as fuck as a species. They (aliens) are more advanced than us. They have been visiting us for decades, don't you think it's plausible that they landed and took some soil samples and such?

A govt official even said he tried to get a look at the crashed remains of a craft. But wasn't never able to but he said that he heard for years that lockheed martin has possession of some parts of the craft!

by Anonymousreply 130May 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Some of you sound like kooks.

by Anonymousreply 131May 15, 2021 6:19 PM

I wonder. Could they be traveling from other planets, OR other dimensions?!

by Anonymousreply 132May 15, 2021 6:38 PM

I still think there is something to the idea that they are time travelers from our on world. From what I have read about this idea is that they use some force that could even enable them to move between dimensions. They seem to very interested in nuclear installations and have shut off missal silos. Does that mean they are trying to stop us from doing something horrible like nuclear war? Remember The 12 Monkeys?

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2021 6:44 PM

I was in a relationship with a ufo researcher. Brazil and the UK have already done it. Brazil has made public more than 20 hours of UFO footage released by the government, I think in 2016. You can hear pilots talking about beings driving spaceships, talking to the center tower. This is hardly news. The US government has lied to everyone consistently about this.

by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2021 6:56 PM

anyone watch Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Contact Has Begun? It's a documentary.

I watched it but not sure whether to believe it or not

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2021 7:01 PM

Lol I seriously doubt they've shut down silos and time travel is pretty difficult to believe.

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2021 7:21 PM

The Ingalls family never got to see UFOs. Common sightings didn't start until 1947.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2021 7:35 PM

The aliens destroyed a russian craft. I think it was in space, I can't remember. a govt official gave a testimony of some kind...they were hostile to the russians. Even the aliens hate Russians.

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2021 7:41 PM

newest leaked video shows Navy capture UFO go in water off San Diego

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2021 8:18 PM

I'd like to see some HD video. It's always grainy or out of focus and there's no excuse for it.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2021 8:57 PM

r137, Cristobal Colon and crew saw a ufo 7 hours before landing in the (now) Bahamas. Every single ancient culture has recorded sightings, which are easy to dismiss as myth.

Another stunning sighting took place in the Channel Islands, 2 experienced, commuter pilots from 2 different airlines travelling in opposite directions in clear weather saw an aircraft bigger than a mile wide. Passengers saw it also. Because it was a commuter flight many of the people were regulars. They were not all mistaken. The interviews were compelling.

PS- If you're going to go with "What a smart scientist said..." Start with Nicola Tesla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2021 9:00 PM

The 60 Minutes clip @ r100. No mystery as to why there are so many ufos/uaps around Virginia Beach, Va. This is where both the Monroe Institute and A.R.E. (Edgar Cayce's institute) are located. Both organizations have long-running, legitimate programs involving contact with ETs, whether you believe they are interstellar or interdimensional.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2021 9:48 PM

The date of this painting is 1486. Look closely. Where's Waldo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] t's always grainy or out of focus and there's no excuse for it.

Yeah but in the case of the video of R139 the incident took place in the dark at 11pm, and recorded using an infrared camera. You take what you can get.

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2021 10:51 PM

60 Minutes report in a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2021 11:07 PM

Link to Overtime segment.

It dropped from 80,000 feet to ocean surface in 1 second. Then, disappeared and reappeared 60 miles away soon after.

I think we're going to shoot one down the next time to see what it is. Even if it's alien technology, at least it works in our atmosphere and can be used to get me to fashion week in Milan in a few minutes from NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2021 11:51 PM

R146 80,000 ft in one second - I don't think even our best technology here on earth is up to that.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Shooting one down I believe would be a huge mistake. Do we really want to see their weapons? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2021 12:10 AM

I wonder how did the craft crash from decades ago...the one in area 51.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2021 12:12 AM

You mean Roswell.

Here is full segment.

They can go 13,000 mph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] 80,000 ft in one second - I don't think even our best technology here on earth is up to that.

Never mind the fact that your body would be turned into something resembling tomato purée

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2021 1:02 AM

How can you shoot something down that only appears at will, is a hologram or otherwise non-material? It's not for nothing that decent footage and debris is absent.

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2021 1:46 AM

The 60 Minutes segment was interesting. Finally some groundswell for releasing information and former US govt officials admitting they don't know the hell they are.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2021 3:31 AM

I kind of wish aliens would invade and put the human race in our place.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2021 3:39 AM

R152, what do you mean? These definitely aren’t holograms, but ... whatever you need to tell yourself.

[quote] [R146] 80,000 ft in one second - I don't think even our best technology here on earth is up to that.

Exactly. Which is odd that some people insist it’s some secret adversarial technology developed in Russia or China, or the U.S. Pretty sure *someone* disconnected from any government agency would be able to tell us if that kind of technology existed.

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2021 3:53 AM

I missed the segment! Any links to it?

I have this hunch that we’re going to be witnessing some crazy shit - like, more than usual - within the next decade or so.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2021 4:04 AM

I haven't watched it yet, but apparently you can watch the full episode here.

Ironically, the episode is 43 minutes and 17 seconds long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2021 4:12 AM

R157 Thanks!

Why is that ironic?

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2021 4:14 AM

The name of the show is 60 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2021 4:16 AM

We’re grass fed grass finished food and the appearance of an orange oompahloompah president means we’re starting to spoil.

Soon, they’ll be reaping the healthy ones. You’ll be sorry you’re not an alcoholic weed head. I’m taking your stuff when you’re gone.

by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2021 4:32 AM

r160 I'm an alcoholic. Guess I'm going to be left alone.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2021 4:34 AM

[quote]Look closely. Where's Waldo?

Is that a trick question r143?

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2021 11:07 AM

China can barely compete with SpaceX and Russia is wholly dependent on fossil fuel. If they could build these things back in 2004, then why haven’t they already conquered the world?

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2021 2:27 PM

Exactly, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]China can barely compete with SpaceX and Russia is wholly dependent on fossil fuel.

Hell, Russia can't even put its only aircraft carrier out to sea without bringing a tugboat along to tow it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2021 3:20 PM

R157 It’s a flying saucer like they’ve always been called.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2021 3:25 PM

Here's an example of one of the plasma types. 1979 3 Rivers Stadium Pittsburgh football game. They cut the commercial short (Chuck Conners) to show the thing. Pause the video "57 and it has the same shape as the video above. I've seen this type "disappear", it's obvious they can bend light/scramble the optics. Other witnesses have described them as "life like". We really don't know what's going on at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2021 4:26 PM

R167 That 40+ year old clip is much clearer than what we get today. Wish they would have stayed on the objects.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2021 4:34 PM

I still say y'all sound like tinfoil bonnet wearing loons.

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2021 4:39 PM

R169, I think your opinion will be changing over the next year as more information is released.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2021 4:50 PM

Wakanda!

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2021 4:51 PM

r170. This is about the best you will ever see...weird lights and shapes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2021 5:15 PM

In my cynical opinion, inspired by George Carlin who said "Democracy will end when it is no longer profitable", the reason US is disclosing now is because they've lost the moral high ground of Christianity. Their amorality has been stripped bare and we see how they worship "Opposite Jesus".

If they admit there are other "races" then we can shift from defending democracy to defending the human race. "We're not racist, we're defending the HUMAN RACE", where some races are better than others. Also it will prove Trump correct, we need Space Force. Trump will lead us in our war against the aliens he the ONLY person who saw this coming and all the libtards laughed. And of course, we'll all need more guns and to stick together, if you know what I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2021 5:41 PM

R170 you sound like a Qunt. Seriously..."just wait", "any day"....same shit.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2021 5:44 PM

The fact is R170 you have no clue despite your pronouncements of certainty just like the Qunts who cllaim Trump will be installed as dictator for life any day.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2021 5:46 PM

“Trust the plan.”

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2021 5:48 PM

R174/175, you could maybe engage with the facts instead of making ad hominem attacks. I am not R170, and I won’t make any predictions about further government “disclosure” on this topic, but you’re just being willfully ignorant and arrogant if you think there’s a perfectly good, earthly explanation for vehicles that operate in a fashion that no other earthly machine can do, or that travels at speeds up to 13,000mph.

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2021 5:53 PM

That’s insane, R172.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2021 5:59 PM

I'm not attacking. I'm saying you have no proof that these are alien beings and your continued insistence that YOU know for sure reeks of Quntery. Are you the Jesus freak/PT troll?

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2021 6:01 PM

Sounds an awful lot like the MO of the LV hotel maid.

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2021 6:03 PM

i just watched the 60 minutes report which actually frightened me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2021 7:29 PM

R181 I like it…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2021 7:33 PM

I just watched it too. I'm stunned that it was so one sided. Every other UFO segment on any program ALWAYS has a scientist who says it's weather or satellite or swamp gas or offers an explanation. This was a watershed moment, I think.

I'm also stunned at what a prissy little queen with cocksucker lips Rubio is.

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2021 8:24 PM

When it comes to UFOs, the U.S. has a ‘massive intelligence failure on our hands,’ says former defense official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2021 2:21 AM

Yeah Rubio was such a fag in that segment. He also seems to suffer from dry mouth in perpetuity.

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2021 5:05 AM

IN case anyone gets excited, expect much of this in the sky. It is Elon Musks low level satellite system Starlink for internet accedd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2021 10:04 AM

Is it me or is it odd that more people aren't talking about this, here or IRL?

I imagine a lot of people are having cognitive dissonance but there's a lot to follow up with.

Where are the interviews with astrophysicists? Religious leaders, years ago the pope said he was a believer IIRC and that the Vatican had a plan. Vatican astronomers have observed many UFO's forever.

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2021 12:40 PM

No it's not odd R197. Why would many people be talking about it here? I know very few people in real life who believe in alien visitation.

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote]Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind

That's penetration, right? Or was it close encounters of the filth kind?

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2021 1:00 PM

It’s not a matter of “belief” in anything, R188. If people think it’s just super top secret experimental craft developed by the US, shouldn’t it still be a topic of discussion? The fact that these things have been observed behaving in ways never seen before and traveling at unheard of speeds isn’t interesting to anyone?

People are just too stupid, arrogant, and conditioned against the concept of unexplained aerial phenomena to give even a moment of serious thought to this subject. Take away the theory that extraterrestrials are behind the craft, and it’s STILL an interesting story, and the government’s increasingly permissive stance on ‘disclosure’, or mere acknowledgment of the phenomenon, is one it hasn’t held since the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2021 5:16 PM

No R190.

by Anonymousreply 191May 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Hard to argue with that, R191

by Anonymousreply 192May 18, 2021 5:27 PM

R190 So true. It should definitely be a topic of conversation that pertains not just to the advancement of science, but to national security.

However, flat earthers are gonna flat, lol.

by Anonymousreply 193May 18, 2021 5:35 PM

Not much to argue about. I don't know how much R190 earns or how much weed she smokes but most of my friends don't overly obsess over government experimental craft because we are busy making a living and discussing day to day concerns.

by Anonymousreply 194May 18, 2021 5:41 PM

As an experiencer, I was thrilled to see and hear the pilots discuss their encounters. They used many of the exact phrases my husband and I used when it happened to us. Your brain does not know what to do with the information. We had 2 sightings about 3 hours apart, 10 years ago and nothing since. Also, the ones we saw look just like the football game video and the plasma one over the ladies house, both times there were about 10 of them. We've never really told the whole story to anyone. People always laugh or change the subject or they just act disinterested, even my family becomes silent if I mention it or start talking about coffee tables and throw pillows for half an hour.

by Anonymousreply 195May 18, 2021 6:07 PM

Even if you dismiss the possibility of other life forms, it should be alarming that another country has technological capabilities that far exceed ours.

by Anonymousreply 196May 18, 2021 6:09 PM

Sorry for the repetitive post, I hadn't read the previous comments.

by Anonymousreply 197May 18, 2021 6:11 PM

Um R196, I assure you that most countries are aware of what the other has.

"Experiencer"? Oh, boy, must be special to be in a secret club with your own lingo.

by Anonymousreply 198May 18, 2021 6:19 PM

I voted for Kodos!!

by Anonymousreply 199May 18, 2021 6:22 PM

I want to know why the Government is suddenly willing to share what they know? Is it to drum up support for money for an expensive new space program?

by Anonymousreply 200May 18, 2021 6:24 PM

I have just now read this thread. I am freaked out. Something wicked this way comes.

by Anonymousreply 201May 18, 2021 6:49 PM

Want more confirmation?

Well here's none other than Barack Obama acknowledging the existence of UFOs last night on James Corden:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 18, 2021 6:50 PM

Why would that change anyone's mind R202. You're a bizarre little zealot troll

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2021 6:54 PM

I have a very bad feeling. Because of the complete corruption in every branch of government, what is their motivate to suddenly release this now? What new special hell do they have in store for us.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote] I have a very bad feeling. Because of the complete corruption in every branch of government, what is their motivate to suddenly release this now? What new special hell do they have in store for us.

When in doubt, it's the 1%, and their government minions, trying to distract from their own blatant corruption.

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2021 7:49 PM

I know this is OT, but the 60 Minutes interview with lil Marco..... he does weird things with his mouth and lips.

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2021 8:09 PM

obama said there isn't a a lab where they store the aliens or craft! He said he wanted to know about aliens too after getting elected etc

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote] obama said there isn't a a lab where they store the aliens or craft! He said he wanted to know about aliens too after getting elected etc

Yes dear, we all saw the video too.

Including the part where he turned serious and acknowledged “that there is footage and records of objects in the sky that we don’t know exactly what they are. How they move, their trajectory," and that "they did not have an easily explainable pattern.”

by Anonymousreply 208May 19, 2021 12:07 AM

I put my trust in the music catalog of The B-52s. Songs like Planet Claire and Is That You Mo-Dean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 19, 2021 12:18 AM

I think its fascinating. Look at the speed at which technology has changed out lives in the last 150 yrs. No reason why there could be future humans time travelling back to present day. Or maybe it is extra terrestrial? No idea. But something is going on.

by Anonymousreply 210May 19, 2021 1:49 AM

Honey, "something" has been going on for decades!!!

by Anonymousreply 211May 19, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] Not much to argue about. I don't know how much [R190] earns or how much weed she smokes but most of my friends don't overly obsess over government experimental craft because we are busy making a living and discussing day to day concerns.

God, you’re a cunt. No one is asking you or your friends to “overly obsess” about this.

[quote] obama said there isn't a a lab where they store the aliens or craft! He said he wanted to know about aliens too after getting elected etc

Why would they trust him with that information anyway?

by Anonymousreply 212May 19, 2021 4:11 AM

Has Ramtha commented?

by Anonymousreply 213May 19, 2021 4:19 AM

r210 time travel makes no sense. If it does to you, please give us a detailed explanation of how it works.

r167 they were kites, as proved by the inventor's nephew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 19, 2021 4:25 AM

My cat probably thinks the laser light is a UFO and when I make it zoom too fast at an impossible speed, she reacts like she could be thinking "WTF? No object moves like that!"

by Anonymousreply 215May 19, 2021 4:25 AM

R214 = linear thinker incapable of extrapolation

by Anonymousreply 216May 19, 2021 4:37 AM

Michio Kaku sums it up like this: Lets say we have an ant hill in the middle of the forest. And right next to the ant hill, they’re building a ten-lane super-highway. And the question is “Would the ants be able to understand what a ten-lane super-highway is? Would the ants be able to understand the technology and the intentions of the beings building the highway next to them?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 19, 2021 4:40 AM

No, because those ants are too busy working all day (and reading/posting on Datalounge at the same time) to contemplate anything other than their day-to-day concerns and how much money they’re making. Those ants can’t be bothered to “overly obsess” about government projects, like that highway.

They will make time during their day to post on Datalounge about they don’t care about that highway, of course.

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2021 4:44 AM

Has Martian girl Pia Zadora commented yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2021 4:45 AM

r214- Why don't you read the definition of "proof", ya dumb cunt.

Some attention seeker says "my uncle did it" 30 years later because it looks like something he once did is the farthest thing from truth or proof. Is that the best you can do? Try again, simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2021 9:06 AM

I just want to know what our completely evil government is up to now by releasing this info they have forever denied.

by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2021 9:42 AM

According to OP and 60 Minutes many of the sightings have been by pilots in sophisticated military aircraft.

If extraordinarily advanced flying aliens are examining earth, they might assume the most interesting and developed life forms are “primitive” flying aircraft. They follow and “toy” with rapidly the moving military planes in order to better observe what they suspect is “life on earth.”

After all, we send exploratory probes to the moon, Mars and beyond assuming we might find “carbon-based” creatures indicative of life in outer space. We don’t seriously consider whether life elsewhere might take forms (slow moving boulders?) we’re neither seeking nor expect

by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2021 10:59 AM

I believe planet earth has basically been a truck-stop for E.T.’s , or whatever their nature is, for aeons. Some of them come to collect data or objects, others see themselves as guardians, others are tourists, some are good, some indifferent. If there are malevolent E.T.’s, they’re obviously not the majority. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2021 11:58 AM

We're going to need to build a wall to keep the space aliens out. Mars will pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2021 12:00 PM

R224 wiser words doth never been spoken.

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2021 12:23 PM

From The Telegraph in 2009:

“A police officer contacted British UFO experts after seeing three aliens examining a freshly made crop circle near Avebury, Wiltshire. The sergeant, who has not been named, was off-duty when he saw the figures standing in a field near Silbury Hill, and stopped his car to investigate.

However, as he approached the ‘men’ – all over 6ft tall with blond hair – he heard “the sound of static electricity” and the trio ran away ”faster than any man he had ever seen”. The officer returned to his home in Marlborough, Wiltshire, and contacted paranormal experts and told them he had spotted a UFO…”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2021 12:28 PM

R226 I would’ve probably had a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2021 12:30 PM

I've always had the feeling that within my lifetime, we will have definitive proof of the existence of aliens - like they will either come to help us or come to destroy us. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking as I've always been fascinated by the concept as long as I can remember, and I don't want to die not knowing for sure.

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2021 1:48 PM

I've always wondered about crop circles!

by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2021 2:09 PM

Gotta love DL. I'm a cunt for saying people have day day to concerns so we aren't obsessing over aliens and government aircraft. Truly hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2021 2:47 PM

if you are really interested in UFOs, you should definitely watch Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind.

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2021 2:59 PM

The problem with crop circles is that there are plenty of confirmed hoaxes/hoaxers looking for credit.

The weirder thing is cattle mutilation. No one kills cows, drains their blood and performs laser surgery in a field.

Actually, things get weird the second you accept that there's a good chance that we are not alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2021 3:25 PM

I'mma watch Ancient Aliens TV Series, and then I'mma watch Signs, and then I'mma watch Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know. I'mma be in Ma's basement with Doritos, and one a them $5 pizzas from Little Caesar's....OK maybe two pizzas and two giant Pepsis and maybe a chocolate cake from the Supermarket. They have a good bakery.

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2021 3:33 PM

And a mountain of cocaine and mashed potatoes, R233?😊

by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] Gotta love DL. I'm a cunt for saying people have day day to concerns so we aren't obsessing over aliens and government aircraft. Truly hilarious.

Yes, everything in your reply was cunty, ignorant, and arrogant. And now you’re here using a different IP address after I blocked you the first time. Let me try that again now...

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2021 6:29 PM

No dear...I'm using the exact same device. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2021 6:32 PM

PT/DR is a tad testy today. Everyone is ignorant and arrogant who doesn't take her crappy YT videos and dubious interviews as proof positive that aliens are visiting. Now that's ignorant and arrogant😅

by Anonymousreply 237May 19, 2021 6:39 PM

I'm here if you need me!

by Anonymousreply 238May 19, 2021 6:49 PM

I found it odd that Peter and Bobby Brady didn't question why the UFO they saw was actually labeled "U.F.O."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2021 6:56 PM

There are questions I'd like to know the answers for. Why would UFO's just buzz us but not land and introduce themselves? I mean the distances they'd have to travel to come all that way an not have any idea how to communicate with us is just stupid. But then does anyone here know how many miles there are in a light year - I'll tell you. 5.879e+12 - its in scientific notation of course. But it's a long distance.

The I think could they be terrestrial in origin - I doubt it's the Russians nor the Chinese. So I think we can discount this one.

Then could it be beings from the future? But the future hasn't happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 240May 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Have a friend whose father was a commercial airline pilot. Friend told me that commercial pilots see unexplained things all the time but if they formally mention them, they are required to see a shrink. Seeing a shrink eventually gets you unemployed. Pilots know to say nothing about what they see.

by Anonymousreply 241May 19, 2021 7:35 PM

R241 Exactly. At least it seems now the stigma of reporting is lessening these days.

by Anonymousreply 242May 19, 2021 8:32 PM

" I doubt it's the Russians nor the Chinese."

It definitely isn't either. Have you seen the Russian fleet of ships? They need tugboats to pull them out. And the Chinese iSpace rocket is a complete failure. So I don't think they have managed to create a vehicle or drone capable of what's been witnessed.

Hypothetically, if it was an alien race they def cracked the use of wormholes for travel. Sounds crazy. But scientists have explored the idea and deemed it possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 19, 2021 8:40 PM

R240 maybe they can’t land, because they are drones or the equivalent. Or holographs. Or they’re navigating using dimensions we have no idea about.

by Anonymousreply 244May 19, 2021 9:20 PM

didn't scientists say there could be many parallel dimensions?

by Anonymousreply 245May 19, 2021 9:33 PM

In your dimension, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 246May 19, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote] However, as he approached the ‘men’ – all over 6ft tall with blond hair – he heard “the sound of static electricity” and the trio ran away ”faster than any man he had ever seen”. The officer returned to his home in Marlborough, Wiltshire, and contacted paranormal experts and told them he had spotted a UFO…”

Oh honey, no. They were just like every other tall blond God who runs at the speed of light as you lumber into view.

by Anonymousreply 247May 19, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] I've always wondered about crop circles!

I've always wondered about crotch circles. Are they supposed to red and itchy?

by Anonymousreply 248May 19, 2021 9:56 PM

It’s too absurd to think that UFO’s are alien spaceships. It’s much more likely that the smudges in the film clips are artifacts of some sort. Imaging technologies can produce artifacts due to quirks of the physics, optics, or instrumentation design—some types well-known and some less expected.

by Anonymousreply 249May 19, 2021 10:12 PM

" Imaging technologies can produce artifacts due to quirks of the physics, optics, or instrumentation design"

Pilots are seeing them with their own eyes, not just with radar.

by Anonymousreply 250May 19, 2021 10:20 PM

And eyewitnesses are notoriously untrustworthy R250.

by Anonymousreply 251May 19, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote]It’s much more likely that the smudges in the film clips are artifacts of some sort.

R249 Whoa! You may be on to something. You really should contact the United States Air Force and let them know.

We can always count on DataLounge to solve these mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 252May 19, 2021 10:27 PM

R249, they are real!

people are seeing them all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 253May 19, 2021 10:32 PM

"And eyewitnesses are notoriously untrustworthy [R250]."

these are eyewitness accounts corroborated by radar and video. havent you read any of the articles?

by Anonymousreply 254May 19, 2021 10:56 PM

And that still doesn't make the "alien" R254.

by Anonymousreply 255May 19, 2021 10:59 PM

"And that still doesn't make the "alien" [R254]."

I didnt say it was aliens, troll

by Anonymousreply 256May 19, 2021 11:28 PM

R251 So, how about eyewitnesses whose accounts are substantiated by footage?

by Anonymousreply 257May 19, 2021 11:33 PM

I’ve been in Europe for the past decade and find it odd how the European media mostly ignores all of this. “The Spectator” f.i. hasn’t ever written a single thing about UFOs.

by Anonymousreply 258May 19, 2021 11:53 PM

Thank god for that R256.

by Anonymousreply 259May 19, 2021 11:59 PM

New York Times, whose report also revealed the existence of a shadowy organisation based at the Pentagon dedicated to reports of UFO sightings, the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program — AATIP

Its $22million budget was buried within the defence department’s £600billion a year funding.

The titles of some of the studies conducted by AATIP read like something out of an episode of Star Trek: Invisibility Cloaking; Traversable Wormholes, Stargates And Negative Energy; Warp Drive, Dark Energy And The Manipulation of Extra Dimensions; and Metallic Spintronics.

by Anonymousreply 260May 20, 2021 1:55 AM

The program's budget is gonna increase very soon!

by Anonymousreply 261May 20, 2021 1:56 AM

R261 Not if they listen to R249. These sightings are nothing that a little Windex can't take care of.

by Anonymousreply 262May 20, 2021 2:44 AM

They’re coming, and when they do, I’ll be waiting, splayed out on my front lawn with my clit pointing up to the sky!

by Anonymousreply 263May 20, 2021 2:51 AM

I remember as a kid decades and decades ago.....reading a book my Dad had about a couple beamed up to a ship for research & examination. I think Betty was the wife. So convincing as a young lad.

by Anonymousreply 264May 20, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote] [R249] Whoa! You may be on to something. You really should contact the United States Air Force and let them know. We can always count on DataLounge to solve these mysteries.

Dataloungers have it all figured out. I don’t know why they don’t go testify before Congress or talk to AATIP.

Seriously though, just ignore these retarded skeptics.

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Betty and Barney Hill, R264. The book is called "The Interrupted Journey," by John Fuller. New Hampshire erected a state historical marker at the site of the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2021 3:17 AM

Aliens are 21st century fairies.

Both may exist.

by Anonymousreply 267May 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Oh, Many thanks 266. Thank you. That’s it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 268May 20, 2021 11:17 AM

It would be nice to read a thread on DL, or any page/website, for that matter, where conversations aren’t interrupted by the uninformed/of lower intelligence, knowledge/mockers. In today’s world our government could do something right in our faces, not hiding anything from us at all, and those who’ve followed the news all their lives, have read books, have learned to think on their own, have long term memory, would be dismissed by the lowest of low, as “conspiracy theorists”. We’re lost. Unfortunately, yes, it may be time for the aliens. We’re ill-prepared, too busy debating and financing SJW issues since the 50s.

by Anonymousreply 269May 20, 2021 11:49 AM

I have a no-nonsense friend in his 70s who piloted commercial airliners for 40 years and we discussed this recently and he said, "Oh yeah. They're here. I've seen them".

by Anonymousreply 270May 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Why are skeptics "retarded", troll? Until there is proof positive it's good to question. Not questioning is how cults and Qtards are created.

by Anonymousreply 271May 20, 2021 1:10 PM

So skeptics are "retards" now, troll? Cultures and Qloons don't question. Skepticism is good.

by Anonymousreply 272May 20, 2021 1:13 PM

The only other “reasonable” explanation (apart from China or Russia being the culprits), would be that there’s a super-unambitious Bond Villain out there. Someone who’s been ultra wealthy for at least a couple of decades and has invented a revolutionary technology, but can’t be bothered to do anything with that technology, apart from trolling the US Navy.

by Anonymousreply 273May 20, 2021 1:18 PM

Skeptics are not a problem. “Professional” skeptics, on the other hand are. If you’ve been claiming UFOs are nonsense for your entire career as a “professional skeptic”, you have a vested interest in UFOs not being real.

by Anonymousreply 274May 20, 2021 1:24 PM

Fucking autocorrect. Cuties not cultures.

by Anonymousreply 275May 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Betty and Barney Hill were full of shit. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 276May 20, 2021 1:30 PM

To be fair, our brains are used to making logical sense of everything, everyday, all day long. Scientifically it's more likely to be fake/hoax/secret tech than aliens. We need more data.

As good as some of the above examples are they are more anecdote than proof. The moment we step off the island of science we're swimming in a swamp of magical thinking. I say this as an experiencer who has invested thousands of hours in the subject.

When we saw the 10 UFOs flying over our heads (low, in good weather) in a V formation disappear one by one, my husband and I sat in silence for about a half an hour while our brains tried to make sense of them. The most logical place I could settle was that it was an experiment with a flock of swans migrating south, two months late, with transmitter collars with head lights. That's (barely) logical right? But it doesn't explain how they disappeared like they flew behind an invisible curtain, exit stage right. Also, not birds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 20, 2021 1:37 PM

R12, that is one of the most stupid comments that I ever read. If you didnt believe them when they denied the existence (meaning you believe they exist) and now you don't believe them when they say they do.....WTF DO YOU BELIEVE?

Your beliefs just sway based on what they say?

by Anonymousreply 278May 20, 2021 1:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 20, 2021 1:49 PM

For anyone that thinks WE are the ONLY living intelligent beings in literally BILLIONS OF GALAXIES....BILLIONS........................well, you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 280May 20, 2021 2:01 PM

How do you think other civilizations in history would describe their experiences instead of "swans with transmitters"?

Can't you see Chinese calling them dragons or Persians calling them flying carpets and genies coming out of lamps? The Aztecs/Mayan and Aborigines all talk about rainbow serpents. The pulsating plasma globes might be called angels. A group of them definitely looks like a rainbow serpent. Put a face over the globe and you have an aura. A Christian experiencer would be either be venerated or put to death depending on which way they decided to explain it. WWYD?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 20, 2021 2:03 PM

*who

by Anonymousreply 282May 20, 2021 2:05 PM

Ezekiel saw a wheel in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 283May 20, 2021 2:30 PM

We always get one of these threads every so often. Usually DR who is as bad as a religious zealot for aliens, bigfoot and any other magical unicorn she can chase along with satanic pedo rings in Hollywood. Her MO is always posting laughably amateurish grainy YT videos and interviews with "experts" with extremely dubious qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 284May 20, 2021 2:40 PM

Of course the pentagon knows. They are their aircraft.

by Anonymousreply 285May 20, 2021 3:10 PM

I wonder if anyone of them got close enough for a look and actually saw the aliens in the crafts.

by Anonymousreply 286May 20, 2021 3:13 PM

The majority of sightings seem to be at night....so where do the UFOs hide during the day?

by Anonymousreply 287May 20, 2021 3:52 PM

I think there is a lot to the theory that we live amongst so-called aliens (are they still aliens when they live on this planet for generations?) who exist on a different vibrational frequency we can't comprehend with our limited senses. I mean, the whole spooky thing when pets intensely look at what we perceive as empty space. Things switching in and out of our awareness. Ghost sightings and other unexplained phenomena, drug induced visions, etc.

I think what is going on is that we, as humans, evolve to the point where we accept that there is more data out there that we are not yet ready to translate with our limited senses.

by Anonymousreply 288May 20, 2021 3:58 PM

About 10 or 15 years ago. Southwest corner of 23rd and 8th, midday.

I forget why I had walked up there. Maybe to go to The Vitamin Shoppe on the corner, or the liquor store around the corner on 23rd or the Citibank down that block.

At any rate as I walked up there were 10 to 15 people standing there on the corner, staring up with mouths agape. I looked up and saw what I first thought was a bunch of balloons. But they were totally motionless. Round, perfectly circular and different colors and totally motionless. Then one would suddenly shoot straight up and move instantly in a perfect L shape. And they all would do something similar. Not something balloons or helicopters or planes could do,

Somebody said "It's just balloons." Someone else said "Balloons can't do that." Then one disappeared and instantaneously showed up on the other side of the group. The display went on for 10 or 15 minutes and then POOF! they all vanished.

Our group broke up and as I walked away I heard "It was just balloons" followed by "Balloons can't do that."

by Anonymousreply 289May 20, 2021 4:21 PM

^ Sorry, I thought I was posting this in the "UFO Over Manhattan" thread.

by Anonymousreply 290May 20, 2021 4:26 PM

There’s an assumption that everyone “wants to believe”, but I think a lot of people actually crave the status-quo.

by Anonymousreply 291May 20, 2021 4:40 PM

R291 Very insightful observation

by Anonymousreply 292May 20, 2021 4:42 PM

Some of y'all need to look at some hobby drones. They go incredibly high. So much so that I can't believe the operators aren't ticketed. They glow blue, red, orange and yellow and zip around. A whole group of operators gathers at a lake near my house and everytime they do a shitload of people report UFOs. No just drones.

Not saying all are drones but I think these days those and military aircraft can explain a lot of sightings.

by Anonymousreply 293May 20, 2021 4:51 PM

R269 here. Replying back to R271 and R272. Your objective appears to be all about smearing those who follow QAnnon. The Q people (or however they’re called) are those questioning the government and whatever we’re told. *Eyeroll* . Both of you reacted so strongly because you are the less-educated and the ones I was calling out. Let this be a moment of realization for yourselves. An awakening. You can change, it’s not too late to start reading and informing yourselves. You can become less stupid.

by Anonymousreply 294May 20, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]Oh, Many thanks R266. Thank you. That’s it!!!!

There have been many reported "abduction" cases in the years since, but Betty and Barney Hill's alleged close encounter in 1961 was the first to get national attention, and it pretty much established the template for subsequent reports, most notably with its details of the couple being physically examined by the aliens. NBC aired a TV movie about the case in 1975, in which the Hills were played by James Earl Jones and Estelle Parsons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 20, 2021 6:00 PM

wtf bro!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 20, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]Shooting star flys by while recording a ufo

The shooting star was recording a UFO?

by Anonymousreply 297May 20, 2021 6:02 PM

So we have a confirmed UFO conspiracist who defends the Qtards? Tells me everything I need to know right there and she is calling everyone else an idiot?

How did DL let that one go?

by Anonymousreply 298May 20, 2021 6:48 PM

R298 Waaaah!

by Anonymousreply 299May 20, 2021 8:40 PM

R289, I was on that corner that day too! They didn’t act like balloons.

by Anonymousreply 300May 20, 2021 10:31 PM

How do balloons act?

by Anonymousreply 301May 21, 2021 12:49 AM

Balloons drift. These things moved in a deliberate way. There were a lot of people who stopped to watch and it ended up on the local news.

by Anonymousreply 302May 21, 2021 1:30 AM

The Bible is all about UFOs. Jesus was an alien.

We're being prepared for the return.

by Anonymousreply 303May 21, 2021 1:35 AM

I posted the balloon video and the story on the NYC thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 21, 2021 2:09 AM

Wow...the most likely scenario is the sightings have multiple explanations: instrument failure, fraud, hypersonic aircraft, other (unknown to us) experimental technologies, mirages (which can be photographed), the Bokeh effect, natural phenomena.

[bold]Let's assume they're real[/bold]

This means the aliens may have developed some sort of anti-gravity propulsion. Actually, electrogravitics because they would know the universe is covered in electron-magnetic fields and gravity is not the ultimate force in it. This makes me wonder if they figured out how to slow time. If that is the case, then outside observers (us!) would see objects moving in fast, disappear, travel in strange trajectories, but the aliens would not experience it.

BTW, may be from their POV, they've only been a few days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 21, 2021 6:28 AM

I hope it's not aliens. I don't want to be accused of being Earth-centric for an innocent mistake.

by Anonymousreply 306May 21, 2021 6:37 AM

R301 Wow, such a low iq question!

by Anonymousreply 307May 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Former senator Harry Reid has an OpEd in today's New York Times on this subject, but it's behind a paywall. Could someone with access kindly post the contents here?

by Anonymousreply 308May 21, 2021 3:49 PM

Harry Reid: What We Believe About U.F.O.s We still don’t know what they are — but we may be close to finding out.

One day in 1996, I received a call from George Knapp, an investigative reporter at KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, and a friend of mine. “Harry,” he said, “there’s something you have to attend.” He invited me to an upcoming conference that would focus on what the U.S. government generally refers to as “unidentified aerial phenomena,” but what most other people simply call U.F.O.s, a subject Mr. Knapp had, and still has, a particular interest in.

A large conference room at the event was filled with academics, interested members of the public and, yes, a few oddballs. I was very impressed with the academics, who spoke of unidentified aerial phenomena in the language of science, discussing the issue in terms of technological advancement and national security. I was hooked.

Over the following years, as I became increasingly interested in U.F.O.s — in part through my conversations with former astronaut John Glenn, a fellow senator with a similar curiosity — my staff warned me not to be seen to engage on the topic. “Stay the hell away from this,” they said. I politely ignored them. I was inquisitive and, like Senator Glenn, I thought it was an issue that demanded attention, and I was in a position to act.

by Anonymousreply 309May 21, 2021 3:51 PM

And act I did.

In 2007, while serving as Senate majority leader, I worked with Senators Ted Stevens, a Republican from Alaska, and Daniel Inouye, a Democrat from Hawaii, to secure $22 million in funding for what would become known as the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. This clandestine Pentagon operation investigated reports of U.F.O.s and other related phenomena, including U.F.O. encounters involving American military personnel. Some videos and photographs documenting these astonishing encounters have since been made public, reigniting America’s longtime fascination with U.F.O.s.

Though the Pentagon program I helped create no longer exists, the government has continued to study U.F.O.s, most recently through a new program known as the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force.

by Anonymousreply 310May 21, 2021 3:52 PM

I’ve always been fascinated by things I don’t understand — by the mysterious and the unexplained — and I believe this fascination comes in part from growing up in rural Nevada. I’m from a tiny town about 50 miles south of Las Vegas called Searchlight, in the high desert, with a population today of about 300. The house I was raised in was built out of railroad ties, and I learned to swim in the town’s only pool, which happened to be located at a brothel. Prostitution had overtaken mining as the leading business in Searchlight, and there were many houses of ill repute.

Fortunately, there was also the big, beautiful sky, and the wonders it contained. People who live in rural America, away from the light pollution of the major cities, can gaze at the night sky and see the marvel of the Milky Way and more. In Searchlight, I spent many evenings in my youth lying on an old mattress gazing up at the endless, starry heavens. It was a rare night I didn’t see a shooting star. The shimmering expanse filled my eyes and sparked my imagination.

by Anonymousreply 311May 21, 2021 3:53 PM

It has always troubled me that I have no background in science. We didn’t have a science teacher in my elementary school, and there were limited courses available when I got to high school. But despite my lack of scientific knowledge, or perhaps because of it, I have long been deeply inquisitive. Why does the sun stay hot? I wondered. Why doesn’t it cool down at the end of the day? As a young man I may not have found the answers, but I never stopped asking questions. As Albert Einstein once said, “Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”

Years later, when I entered public life, I was as curious as ever. As a Democratic senator from Nevada, I visited Area 51, the top-secret Air Force testing site in southern Nevada long associated with U.F.O.-related conspiracy theories. What I saw fascinated me, though much of it must remain classified. During one visit I traveled a short distance to the facility that housed the Air Force’s secret new stealth fighters. For security reasons the pilots could fly them only at night — under the same Nevada stars I had gazed upon as a boy.

Though Area 51 was developed decades ago, during the height of the Cold War, its existence wasn’t publicly acknowledged by the U.S. government until 2013. To do so earlier would have been detrimental to our security as a nation, given that our government constantly balances the competing priorities of secrecy and transparency in a democracy.

Until recently, many military pilots feared the possibility of retribution for reporting sightings of unidentified aerial phenomena. But I believed that an unofficial taboo regarding the frank discussion of encounters could harm our national security and stymie opportunities for technical advancement. Which is why, along with Senators Stevens and Inouye, I helped create that secret Pentagon program in 2007. We wanted to take a close, scientific look at the technological implications of reported U.F.O. encounters.

I believe that there is information uncovered by the government’s covert investigations into unidentified aerial phenomena that can be disclosed to the public without harming our national security. The American people deserve to know more — and hopefully they will soon, with the release of a comprehensive government report requested by the Senate Intelligence Committee on the military’s encounters with U.F.O.s. (The report is due in June, though it may be delayed.)

What have I personally learned from official investigations into unidentified aerial phenomena so far? The truth, disappointing as it may be, is that there’s still a great deal we don’t understand. It’s unclear whether the U.F.O.s we have encountered could have been built by foreign adversaries, whether our pilots’ visual perception during some encounters was somehow distorted, or whether we truly have credible evidence of extraterrestrial visitations. There may be other, as yet unknown explanations for some of these strange sightings.

Regardless, I believe it’s crucial to lead with the science when studying U.F.O.s. Focusing on little green men or conspiracy theories won’t get us far. Of course, whatever the science tells us, some portion of the public will continue to believe in the reality of otherworldly U.F.O.s as a matter of faith. Ultimately, the U.F.O. debate can be broken down into a sincere belief in science versus a sincere belief in extraterrestrials. I side with science.

Let me be clear: I have never intended to prove that life beyond Earth exists. But if science proves that it does, I have no problem with that. Because the more I learn, the more I realize that there’s still so much I don’t know.

Harry Reid is a former United States senator from Nevada. He served as the Democratic Senate majority leader from 2007 to 2015.

by Anonymousreply 312May 21, 2021 3:54 PM

THANK YOU R309!

by Anonymousreply 313May 21, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote] [R269] here. Replying back to [R271] and [R272]. Your objective appears to be all about smearing those who follow QAnnon. The Q people (or however they’re called) are those questioning the government and whatever we’re told. *Eyeroll* . Both of you reacted so strongly because you are the less-educated and the ones I was calling out.

[quote] Of course the pentagon knows. They are their aircraft.

And how would you know?

R271 and R272 are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 314May 21, 2021 5:52 PM

^^ Sorry, that was supposed to be two separate replies

by Anonymousreply 315May 21, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote] Wow...the most likely scenario is the sightings have multiple explanations: instrument failure, fraud, hypersonic aircraft, other (unknown to us) experimental technologies, mirages (which can be photographed), the Bokeh effect, natural phenomena.

Shut up, Marie.

by Anonymousreply 316May 21, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]Your objective appears to be all about smearing those who follow QAnnon. The Q people (or however they’re called) are those questioning the government and whatever we’re told.

This is a parody post, right? Because, even on DL, nobody can possibly be this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 317May 21, 2021 7:19 PM

I did see one video that might explain how these UFO's wink in and out of visibility. They did make one error in the video though. They said we live in a 3D world I posted a comment correcting them that if you include time we live in a 4D world. But allowed that we might be seeing craft from other dimensions projecting into ours. I do know we live in a multiverse though.

by Anonymousreply 318May 21, 2021 7:55 PM

R317, I believe that poster is very possibly Davida herself. She's revealed herself to be a Qtard before.

by Anonymousreply 319May 21, 2021 8:30 PM

r318 prove that we live in a multiverse...since you know it and all....

by Anonymousreply 320May 22, 2021 12:56 AM

They’ve lived inside of me for years.

by Anonymousreply 321May 22, 2021 1:01 AM

R320: It's a derivative of string theory. There's even some theory that black holes propagate new universes.

by Anonymousreply 322May 22, 2021 1:16 AM

The NYTs is running an article in their Sunday magazine explaining how aliens have been victimized by white supremacy and systemic racism in the United States since before Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 323May 22, 2021 3:43 AM

r320. I'll be nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324May 22, 2021 5:07 PM

That's not proof R324.

by Anonymousreply 325May 22, 2021 5:10 PM

The problem with String Theory is that it’s a theory that may not be testable, in which case it would remain a belief and not a theory.

by Anonymousreply 326May 22, 2021 5:13 PM

I think the problem with a lot of people R326 is that they don't know the difference between proof and "theory". It's a fault of our education system. It's why so many people think Hannity and Carlson are "news" and not just loud gasbags screaming their opinion as if it's fact.

by Anonymousreply 327May 22, 2021 5:17 PM

"A theorem is a result that can be proven to be true from a set of axioms. ... A theory is a set of ideas used to explain why something is true, or a set of rules on which a subject is based on."

by Anonymousreply 328May 22, 2021 5:32 PM

I never said it was proof numb nutz. Did you watch this or are you a know it all? This video is 10 years old and as we type, the Hadron Collider and Brookhaven are testing this theory. New particles have already been discovered but it will take years of testing to prove the formulas. Some you are so goddamn pedantic, it's boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 22, 2021 5:49 PM

Who are you babbling to R329? You seem very, very cranky and a bit too vested in this thing.

by Anonymousreply 330May 22, 2021 5:58 PM

^Boring!

by Anonymousreply 331May 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Yes, you are, dear.

by Anonymousreply 332May 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Yep, our alien/UFO troll is definitely the PT troll.

by Anonymousreply 333May 22, 2021 6:10 PM

Sorry that you can't keep up and have to resort to name calling. Just like high school.

Here's another lab in Illinois that has similar results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 22, 2021 6:15 PM

What namecalling? You are the one who started namecalling. If you can't stand the heat, get the fuck off of DL. Seriously, all you do is post links and get pissy if someone doesn't answer the way you want.

by Anonymousreply 335May 22, 2021 6:17 PM

Oh please, this is the datalounge: you'll have no problem contending that black holes can propagate new universes.

by Anonymousreply 336May 22, 2021 9:05 PM

There has always been a lot of shit going on. Like Stanford and CIA partnering if Project Stargate, etc. Ingo Swann describes basically being held captive by some super secret govt org and watching ufos both in physical and remote locations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2021 3:28 AM

There are already several frameworks drafted for governance of interactions with ETs.

"Scientist Zbigniew Paptrotny has argued that the formulation of post-detection protocols can be guided by three factors: terrestrial society's readiness to accept the news of ET detection, how the news of detection is released, and the comprehensibility of the message in the signal.[3] These three broad areas and their related subsidiaries comprise the bulk of the content and discourse surrounding PDPs."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 23, 2021 3:33 AM

I made a fake account to share this story because you all are mean bitches.

I grew up in small town outside of a big city in the '70s and '80s. My parents owned the top of the hill we lived on and the closest neighbor was 1/2 mile or so away. Nights were very dark. One night, in '79, my mom and I, and my three half-siblings, were sitting outside playing games. When a very bright light illuminated the ground around us, it was fixed on us. Probably had about a 15-foot radius. There was no sound or air disturbance like a helicopter would make. It didn't trail off like a comet/meteorite would. So we sat there kind of stunned for about 5 seconds when my mom yelled "run!" - and we did, yelling and screaming in to the house where my dad was (of course) watching TV. I recall the light as so bright it was almost blue, like iridescent, whiter than sunlight. My mom recalls it being more blue. I don't know what the others recall it being like because I no longer speak to them, but all five of us saw it, that I know. So I had nightmares and couldn't sleep alone for years afterward and I was always scared at night. That's not healthy for a child, to be scared every night. Anyway, that was our experience.

by Anonymousreply 339May 23, 2021 3:38 AM

Thank you for sharing R339

by Anonymousreply 340May 23, 2021 3:42 AM

The Planetary Protection Principle was first developed in the 1950s at first to protect Earth from biological contamination and then also to protect the objects of human space exploration to contamination by us.

"NASA policy states explicitly that “the conduct of scientific investigations of possible extraterrestrial life forms, precursors, and remnants must not be jeopardized”.[12]"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 23, 2021 4:08 AM

Just about everyone on the planet carries around phones capable of taking sophisticated photos in any light condition, yet all we have are these grainy, blurry images that might have been taken by a Kodak Brownie camera circa 1920.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 342May 23, 2021 6:34 AM

It's a cookbook!!!

by Anonymousreply 343May 23, 2021 6:47 AM

[quote]Just about everyone on the planet carries around phones capable of taking sophisticated photos in any light condition, yet all we have are these grainy, blurry images that might have been taken by a Kodak Brownie camera circa 1920.

Many of the objects can only be seen by an infrared camera, so we see all we are going to get. Moreover, the concept of travel without an internal combustion engine for propulsion requires bending space/time immediately behind the vehicle. Such an accomplishment would prevent clear pictures with the cameras publicly available.

Important to realize that DOD is only releasing nonclassified images. There are clearer pictures that won't be released.

by Anonymousreply 344May 23, 2021 7:52 AM

The decent photos and videos are out there, especially from the past few years, you just haven't been paying attention. It may be why the military is accelerating their own release info. They know they can't hide forever now.

by Anonymousreply 345May 23, 2021 7:56 AM

r345 - I know clearer ones have been released; the recent ones are blurrier. But they are still difficult to decipher. Supposedly, the hi-res ones displaying the detail needed to identify a craft are still withheld. Supposedly. But then DL is not the place for skeptics.

by Anonymousreply 346May 23, 2021 8:07 AM

DL IS for skeptics Marie. Always has been. What it is NOT is for naive believers in magical beings and unicorns. We're cynical bitches and while we might have fun with a subject most DLers are pretty grounded in reality and not taken to magical thinking.

As I said UFOs are one thing but fervent belief and the "I know they are real and you are WRONG" attitude and that aliens are piloting them, while fun to pretend and speculate, is more appropriate for Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 347May 23, 2021 4:30 PM

It’s not so far fetched. There are hundreds of millions of deep sea creatures. How do the very few who’ve seen a submersible react?

by Anonymousreply 348May 24, 2021 8:51 PM

I saw an interview with a lawyer who lives in Rancho Palos Verdes who was walking his dog one day and says he saw an object emerge from the Pacific and fly into the sky at great speed. Why would a professional risk his law practice and reputation to make up a story like that?

by Anonymousreply 349May 25, 2021 1:33 AM

🤖 [italic] The Truth Is Out There . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 350May 25, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]It's a cookbook!!

To Serve Man.

by Anonymousreply 351May 25, 2021 2:20 AM

Maybe all of this publicity will land us another TV series gig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 25, 2021 4:12 AM

I did see a UFO when I was young. I was with my fiance and behind a strip mall there was a patch of trees. It was early Friday evening and everyone was out on the roads and in restaurants, ect. It hoovered very closely over the tree tops, but the trees did not move or sway as you would expect them to with a massive, rotating metal object right above them. It was round with quicky rotating lights . But when it left, flew away, it went woosh!, and literally disappeared in a second of time. Impossible for the technology that we have. ( That we are aware of) He saw it as well. I was so excited and shocked, of course I couldn't talk about anything else.. Not him. He stated very silent and never wanted to take about it again. Strange reaction, imo. How could you NOT talk about seeing a freaking UFO that was only a few hundred feet from you? "But, but, but honey??? You admit you saw it too." " I saw SOMETHING, honey. Yes, it was an unidentified flying object. Unidentified. Period. " Killjoy. About two hours later it was on the news that police had received many reports of sightings. This was 20 minutes south of Atlanta, 1988.

by Anonymousreply 353May 25, 2021 6:43 AM

@R353- Typo. It should have read that he stayed very quite, not stated. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 354May 25, 2021 7:01 AM

I don’t expect much from the upcoming report. It’ll be the usual mixed-bag of truths, lies & bureaucratic obfuscation. Journalists need to dig deep into this like they did with Watergate. Don’t expect the government to hand you the full truth on a silver platter. The “Fourth Estate” have become lazy kowtowers to the establishment. This is an opportunity to break free from all of that.

by Anonymousreply 355May 25, 2021 8:34 AM

Whatever has been seen need not be extraterrestrial.

There is still much about existence, science and our world we do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 356May 25, 2021 10:47 AM

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but would you mind telling me if you believe the so called alien autopsies have any validity?

by Anonymousreply 357May 25, 2021 2:00 PM

Some network (Fox?) showed what was supposedly a video of an alien autopsy years ago, R357, but even a child could have seen it was a huge fake.

by Anonymousreply 358May 25, 2021 4:35 PM

Thanks, I remember that. It was an insult to the viewers. I am going to do some research bc I am interested In reading what , I guess they would be called former insiders who had high level clearance and have since spoken out about what they witnessed. Does anyone know of any good books on this? It wasn't an insider account but I do remember reading a book tilted Missing Time years ago.

by Anonymousreply 359May 25, 2021 7:36 PM

pretty sure that was a fake.

by Anonymousreply 360May 25, 2021 8:03 PM

R100 reason to view this skeptically right inside that short clip....you have a pilot casually claiming these sightings are a daily occurrence paired against recordings of pilots getting extremely excited and expressing significant confusion. Which is it....something unusual or something common? They need to tighten up the script. Also I get annoyed how this is discussed through military “discoveries” and couched as a security threat. Technology advanced beyond our comprehension isn’t a threat, it’s a reality of facing complete subjugation. So what are the holders of this technology waiting for in order to dominate? Perhaps domination/control/ownership isn’t the intent. So then, also not a threat, even if the military were able to understand it enough to defend against it.

by Anonymousreply 361May 27, 2021 7:57 PM

La Santa viene! LA SANTA VIENE!

by Anonymousreply 362May 27, 2021 7:59 PM

R361 the sightings and video referred to in the 60 Minutes segment occurred in 2004 off the coast of San Diego, and off Virginia Beach and Florida in 2015 (i.e. 11 years apart, involving different pilots), and there are photographs from multiple sightings occurring in 2019. Their script doesn't require "tightening", just your reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 363May 27, 2021 8:25 PM

R363 as does yours. I didn’t write that I read the clip. Perhaps you’re using an alternative definition of “reading comprehension”? Also, did I indicate any of these were the same pilot? If your point is that time has mellowed attitudes about what they claim is new and unexplained....against the backdrop of human history, I’d point out that the recently interviewed pilot’s blasé attitude still reads false.

So 17 years and nothing....what are the holders of the technology waiting for if this is an actual threat?

by Anonymousreply 364May 27, 2021 9:18 PM

It is likely that a far-advanced alien civilization would be a benign one. I can't imagine a war-like, malevolent or non-empathic species advancing to the degree that we can only imagine with these features in their make up. Other than as studies, what interest could we or our planet hold for them given their realized potentialities? Our technologies, our minerals, our pretty vistas, or even some part of our DNA?

by Anonymousreply 365May 27, 2021 10:05 PM

R365 ¿Por qué confundes a la Santa con seres legendarios del espacio exterior?

by Anonymousreply 366May 27, 2021 10:07 PM

New radar video of UAPs surrounding the USS Omaha off CA in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 27, 2021 11:22 PM

Once, I whirlybirded so hard I took flight and got classified as a UFO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 27, 2021 11:26 PM

r368, I always thought Yvonne was in drag. She has a very masculine face in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 369May 27, 2021 11:50 PM

Anyone who thinks a highly advanced alien race can't be malevolent is naive as shit.

by Anonymousreply 370May 28, 2021 2:01 AM

Newly released radar footage shows UFOs swarming Navy ship, filmmaker claims

The filmmaker who leaked footage of UFOs harassing a warship off the coast of California in 2019 released new radar footage Thursday that purportedly shows the USS Omaha being swarmed by unidentified aerial phenomena.

Jeremy Corbell claims the video was filmed in the Combat Information Center of the ship on July 15, 2019. Earlier this month, he introduced footage, taken aboard the USS Omaha, of a mysterious, spherical object flying over the ship before disappearing into the ocean.

“This is corroborative electro-optic data demonstrating a significant UFO event series in a warning area off San Diego,” Corbell tweeted Thursday.

The new unclassified clip shows sailors aboard the Omaha observing as many as nine UFOs swarming the ship at speeds approaching 160mph.

“Holy s–t they’re going fast,” a sailor is heard saying, before adding, “Oh, it’s turning around.”

The Pentagon had previously confirmed that a 18-second video Corbell leaked of three UFOs hovering over the USS Russell in July 2019 is authentic.

Corbell, and his associate, KLAS-TV Las Vegas investigative reporter George Knapp, appeared on Knapp’s paranormal-focused show Mystery Wire Thursday to discuss the new clip.

“Luckily we have footage from the CIC {Combat Information Center} that was obtained by a crew that was specifically called in to film these anomalous events,” Corbell said on the program.

The filmmaker said that at one point 14 UFOs could be seen on the Navy radar, but that footage was not provided.

“It supports the hypothesis that these are not just a balloon that is dropping into the water, it’s not something that is easily explained, these are true unidentifieds in mass number,” he said.

The unidentified aerial phenomena were part of a series of “strange intrusions” involving nine US Navy ships in the Pacific Ocean in July 2019, the researchers said.

“The objects are truly of unknown origins,” Kapp said. “If they are foreign drones, they displayed abilities to exceed our own technologies, anything we know of that is, and some of them appeared to be transmedium craft; they could fly in the air, they could enter the ocean, travel through water as easy as they travel through air.”

The Department of Defense had not issued a public statement on the latest footage Thursday night.

The new disclosure comes as defense officials are preparing to present Congress with a report detailing everything the government knows about UFOs next month — a mandate that was attached to former President Trump’s $2.3 trillion COVID-19 bill in December.

On Wednesday, it was revealed that Lue Elizondo, a former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, filed a complaint against the Pentagon, claiming officials tried to assassinate his character after he blew the whistle on UFO evidence.

“The level of interest is reaching a critical mass,” Elizondo told The Post in April. “I think [government officials realize that] it would be like putting the cat back in the bag or like putting toothpaste back in the tube. Now that the government has acknowledged the reality of unexplained aerial phenomenon … it’s going to be real hard to backtrack.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371May 28, 2021 6:11 AM

R371 Fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 372May 28, 2021 2:11 PM

I really can’t wait to hear the explanation for this, although somehow I doubt it will be the whole truth.

by Anonymousreply 373May 28, 2021 3:19 PM

We are in an age where most people on the planet own a cell phone with a high resolution camera… and yet every image of a UFO is grainy and out of focus. Hmmm….

by Anonymousreply 374May 28, 2021 3:25 PM

R374 I used to think the same way you do but even when one has a camera one can't be certain of getting a good, clear photo. Especially when you're not expecting it.

It occurred to me when I was out recently at a nature preserve, intending to photograph birds, and specifically birds in flight (Kingfishers).

I had with me a professional-grade DSLR (Canon 5D MkIV), and a 100-400mm with 1.4x teleconverter affixed. Can take up to 7 35MP frames per second at a shutter speed of up to 1/8000th of a second.

I was at a location where I KNEW I would see these birds flying around. I came PREPARED to take their photo. Yet, after 2 hours in the field all I managed to capture were a few out of focus images of the Kingfishers diving toward the pond to catch their prey. I've photographed them before and with luck and skill have managed to capture some clear shots.

Again, i was in a situation where I had advanced camera equipment with me, in a place where it was well known these birds would be, and birds which i'd seen and photographed before on a number of occasions and was familiar with their movements.

Now apply the above scenario to these UFOs. Is it really any wonder that no one with even a shitty (and yes they still are crappy for the most part) cell phone camera hasn't captured a clear image of a UFO?

by Anonymousreply 375May 28, 2021 3:42 PM

Yeah, like R375 said, anyone who has ever tried to photograph the moon, for example, can tell you how small it looks compared to how it appears to the naked eye, and how it breaks up if you zoom in. And if it was moving it will likely be blurry anyway.

by Anonymousreply 376May 28, 2021 3:51 PM

unless you have a super long lens camera, no way you can take clear pictures or video on your iphone.

by Anonymousreply 377May 28, 2021 3:58 PM

This is on Amazon and it's a story I've followed for years. These are fixed cameras on all sides 24/7 of Popocatepetl Volcano near Mexico City. There are hundreds of examples over the years. They've included a few good examples in this documentary. They show craft entering and leaving the volcano during the eruptions. They seem to have the ability to hoover up the electromagnetic storms inside the crater during eruptions.

I don't know what's happening but I feel certain that China isn't flying to Mexico to vacuum volcanos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 28, 2021 5:03 PM

Mexicans living near the volcano have reported seeing beings nearby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379May 28, 2021 5:12 PM

They’re already here. They are responsible for COVID.

by Anonymousreply 380May 29, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote]Mexicans living near the volcano have reported seeing beings nearby.

The Mexicans should build a wall to keep out the aliens, and make the aliens pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 381May 29, 2021 4:42 AM

A civilization advanced enough to travel the incomprehensibly vast distance between stars has the ability to sterilize Earth of all life effortlessly. They haven’t done so. Q.E.D. they do not have hostile intent. If they were hostile, we’d be dead. Period. So, I agree with R370 in that they could be malevolent, but they choose not to be. The question is why? What is in it for them? Could they be anthropologists on field missions studying primitive life (I.e. us)? Do we amuse them in the way a child is delighted to play with a puppy he came across unexpectedly? They could easily communicate why they are here, but the thought might not even have occurred to them to do so. When’s the last time you talked to an ant?

We overestimate our own importance when the reality is we are the apex predator species on a rock orbiting an unremarkable yellow dwarf star located in a backwater arm of an unremarkable galaxy out of hundreds of billions of galaxies (if not more). Also, universe traveling beings have been around a really, really long time, perhaps for several millions of years. We’ve been on the stage for only a fraction of a second in galactic terms and will possibly cease to exist in a few centuries, much like any manner of gnat that hatches, matures, breeds, and dies within a week.

by Anonymousreply 382May 29, 2021 11:09 AM

Does anyone recall that back in the '60s, a UFO hovered over nuclear missile silos and disabled every single warhead, one after another. Whoever they are, they seem to be protecting us from destroying ourselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 29, 2021 3:21 PM

Thank you for posting that video...

by Anonymousreply 384May 29, 2021 4:32 PM

This video is about something that happened in 1994 at a school in Zimbabwe. A group of kids playing outside on recess say they saw an object and two beings near their schoolyard. They were mesmerized by what they saw and then ran, traumatized, back inside. The teachers noticed how scared the kids were and sought psychological help for them. 25 years later, the kids, now adults, stand by their account of what happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 29, 2021 8:47 PM

I knew it couldn't have been a plane that hit the Pentagon on September 11. The WTC, yes, but the Pentagon, never.

by Anonymousreply 386May 29, 2021 9:02 PM

One theory that always terrifies me is that aliens are terraforming the planet bit by bit. I always wonder if all this environmental pollution is really just based on human carelessness and human greed?

by Anonymousreply 387May 29, 2021 9:15 PM

I wonder about this as well, R387, and include in my worries increased "sightings" and the advent of Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 388May 29, 2021 9:23 PM

I read recently that Voyager 1 which was launched in 1977 has detected a faint hum beyond our solar system. Maybe it's the sound of the server to our simulation or the sound of a big ass mothership heading our way.

by Anonymousreply 389May 29, 2021 9:29 PM

Time to modernize our hair-dos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 29, 2021 9:35 PM

I wonder if any other planets are looking to have their own Trump Hotels. I could do a deal. Do they offer immunity and/or no extradition treaties?

Oh, Ivanka wants to know if Neptune and Saturn will accept her trademark requests.

by Anonymousreply 391May 29, 2021 11:00 PM

Still suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, R391? He's been out of office for almost 6 months already, do move on. People like you gave him much more power than he actually had. Before you accuse me of whatever, no, I never voted for him. I don't let politicians or politics make me a hysterical fool.

by Anonymousreply 392May 31, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]He's been out of office for almost 6 months already, do move on.

And is still a major influence on the Republican Party and the reason it quashed a commission on the January attack on the Capitol. To say he's been gone for almost six months and that we should all move on is wishful thinking. "I don't let politicians or politics make me a hysterical fool" are words only a Trump supporter would speak.

by Anonymousreply 393May 31, 2021 12:35 AM

R393, your reading comprehension skills are abysmal. I said I never voted for the guy. I never supported him, and never let him make me stupid and deranged. His being mentioned in this thread was dumb and completely irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 394May 31, 2021 12:44 AM

R394 I think it was a joke FFS. DL is for pointless bitchery and snark. Get a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 395May 31, 2021 2:32 AM

These sightings have been steadily going on for decades, there hasn’t been a sudden increase because of socio-psychological reasons.

Also the “It’s secret US/Russian tech, etc.” excuse has been brought up for decades. The only thing that has changed is that army personnel are no longer afraid to report their sightings.

Also it’s possible these visitors are from another plain of existence, instead of another planet,

It seems that scientists need to go back to the drawing board.

by Anonymousreply 396May 31, 2021 3:27 PM

^ “plane of existence””

by Anonymousreply 397May 31, 2021 3:28 PM

The thing I would like to know is: how have they managed to suppress this and why? We’re talking several generations after WW2. Many people have been threatened and possibly even killed. Who are behind those threats and how is “the secret” passed on from one generation to the next?

by Anonymousreply 398May 31, 2021 3:33 PM

Plane of existence = my imagination

by Anonymousreply 399June 1, 2021 4:07 AM

R391 = a lying, Q-Anon loon.

Small wonder it's on a thread about aliens. If they ever do show up, may they beam R391 up first and whisk it far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 400June 1, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] I am going to do some research bc I am interested In reading what , I guess they would be called former insiders who had high level clearance and have since spoken out about what they witnessed. Does anyone know of any good books on this? It wasn't an insider account but I do remember reading a book tilted Missing Time years ago.

R359, get this book by Leslie Kean. It has a foreword by John Podesta. She was profiled in The New Yorker two weeks ago. I love the Unsolved Mysteries segments about “missing time”, from the late 80s, by the way. Haven’t read a whole book on them, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 1, 2021 7:44 PM

report is coming out soon, can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 402June 1, 2021 8:03 PM

“A probe has come to your little hole, sheriff. You can either ignore it or help me to stick it in.”

by Anonymousreply 403June 1, 2021 8:52 PM

Interview May 30 with the pilot. JAB wrote online: Here are a few possibilities.

//// They're native to Earth. Another species or perhaps even human culture that is more advanced than we are. They originate in this universe/dimension.

//// They're interdimensional beings, more akin to so-called "spirits", "angels", "demons" . This is a "paranormal" phenomenon or "metaphysical", not of this universe or dimension but from another one. The Hindus refer to them as "demigods", the ancient Israelites referred to them as "elohim"/gods, who might've had a hand in creating the human race and some of our major religions.

//// They're us from the future. Perhaps they're traveling back through time and visiting their ancestors. They're our descendants from the far future.

////Artificial Intelligence. ET probes from another planet within our universe.

//// ETs, a species from another planet. Commonly depicted "little green men" or "greys", something among those lines. Typical aliens, we see in Sci-Fi, Hollywood movies.

//// It's my uncle Tyrone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 1, 2021 9:59 PM

Who is “JAB”? ^^

Those are all certainly theories, aren’t they.

by Anonymousreply 405June 1, 2021 10:03 PM

I vote for your uncle Tyrone.

by Anonymousreply 406June 2, 2021 12:32 AM

“…with your Tic Tac titties and birdcage chest.”

by Anonymousreply 407June 2, 2021 12:51 AM

We haven't found any planets near enough to have life. most stars and planets that could harbor life are many many light-years away. a light year is 50,000 years. It is doubtful any species that is biological life lives that long. There are more stars and planets in the universe than there are on all the beaches and deserts on earth. scientists have calculated that the number of planets and stars is 7 with 22 0s behind it. more than trillions of stars and planets. Finding a planet with life on it would be like finding a needle in a haystack that was the size of many Jupiters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 2, 2021 1:10 AM

^^^ more stars and planets than grains of sand on all the beaches and deserts on earth.

by Anonymousreply 409June 2, 2021 1:26 AM

R408, you’re supposing that beings from far away planets can’t travel faster than the speed of light. Not sure why you’re imposing that limit on them.

by Anonymousreply 410June 2, 2021 2:38 AM

What if there has been a species that lives in the ocean for hundreds of thousands/millions of years? They fly the UFO in/out of the water in the middle of the ocean where there are hardly any surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 411June 2, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote]What if there has been a species that lives in the ocean for hundreds of thousands/millions of years? They fly the UFO in/out of the water in the middle of the ocean where there are hardly any surveillance.

I've wondered about that (see: James Cameron's The Abyss, for example) but even at the depth where the wreck of Titanic lies, which isn't even the deepest part of the ocean, the water pressure is 6,500lbs per square inch. There's no way an intelligent being could evolve and develop advanced technology in that environment. If there is anything down there it didn't originate on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 412June 2, 2021 2:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 2, 2021 10:22 PM

Also in 1978, a 'white spot, turning blue and red' was seen 'travelling in zigzag formation' above Ontario's CFB Borden base.

In 1981, John Patrick McManus spotted a UFO at CFB Shilo in Manitoba. 'Within a moment or two it shot directly away from us, diminishing in brightness as it disappeared at a fantastic speed,' he told Vice.

Another witness came forward to describe an incident at CFB Winnipeg in June 1985. John 'Jock' Williams told the outlet he saw 'the single brightest object I've ever seen in the sky next to the sun.'

More recently, several military sightings of UFOs have been catalogued in the Canadian government's aviation incident database.

One from November 27, 2002 describes 'an observation on NORAD radar of a large tubular object between (37 and 47 thousand feet) in the area of Chicago which was moving toward the Thunder Bay area'

Another from the night of Nov. 21, 2008, describes Canadian Armed Forces personnel notifying civilian air traffic controllers of a 'UFO' east of Regina, Saskatchewan.

The incident report states 'the object was stationary with bright, white lights and had been observed on previous occasions.'

One incident on September 14, 2007 at CFB North bay had dozens of witnesses and was recorded on video that has not been made public. Witnesses described an 'intense light' that hovered over the base and moved slowly upward before fading with the rising sun.

A spokesperson for Canada's Department of National Defence told Vice that it is 'not aware of any Canadian nexus or participation in the U.S. Department of Defense's UFO studies at this time, nor does the Canadian Armed Forces have a unit dedicated to investigating UFOs.'

By the end of this month, the Pentagon's Director of National Intelligence is required to turn over a report on U.S. military sightings of UFOs to Congress.

An unclassified version will be made public, while a more detailed classified one will remain secret -- and anticipation has been mounting over what might be revealed.

Recently, 60 Minutes interviewed US Navy pilots who said they had seen inexplicable aircraft that flew faster and were more maneuverable that anything seen before.

Retired officials with access to classified intelligence have been cashing in on the fervor and drumming up the mystery.

'What is true -- and I'm actually being serious here-- is that there's footage and records of objects in the skies that we don't know exactly what they are,' former president Barack Obama said in a May 17 interview.

'There are a lot more sightings than have been made public,' John Ratcliffe, who was director of National Intelligence for the last eight months of Donald Trump's administration, said in March.

'There are instances where we don't have good explanations for some of the things that we've seen.'

by Anonymousreply 414June 2, 2021 10:22 PM

Thank you for sharing that, R413. Here’s a link to the original Vice story. So as to avoid having to visit the trashy Daily Mail...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 2, 2021 11:03 PM

We’re headed toward a major paradigm shift.

by Anonymousreply 416June 3, 2021 1:43 AM

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 417June 3, 2021 2:48 AM

Someone suggested that all this talk from the military about UFOs is a way for the military to scare the public about aliens and ask for more money. Obama was the one that said it. He said it would ramp military spending by a lot. He didn't actually say that that was the reason but it was kind of implied.

by Anonymousreply 418June 3, 2021 3:24 AM

I don't think people are particularly scared about this phenomenon they just want to know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 419June 3, 2021 4:43 AM

Probably just glitches in the Matrix.

by Anonymousreply 420June 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Hopefully the aliens are hot and tops and young

by Anonymousreply 421June 3, 2021 5:53 AM

^^^ They’re renowned for their anal probes.

by Anonymousreply 422June 3, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote] Someone suggested that all this talk from the military about UFOs is a way for the military to scare the public about aliens and ask for more money.

The military does NOT need to invent an elaborate story, with collusion from both Democrats and Republicans, to drum up more money for itself.

by Anonymousreply 423June 3, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote] We’re headed toward a major paradigm shift.

If we thought 2020 was a year when the world changed, well, 2021 says “Hold my beer!”

by Anonymousreply 424June 3, 2021 12:05 PM

Politico broke this story in 2017. Here's an interesting summary that explains how we got here.

I'm sure the report due to congress on 6/25 will explain everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 3, 2021 1:39 PM

Russian military followed a group of usos (?) underwater travelling at 250 mph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 3, 2021 1:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 4, 2021 4:51 AM

[quote]US military says UFO sightings by Navy pilots could be aliens or new hypersonic technology from Russian or China

New technology wouldn't account for the many UFO sightings that began to be reported in the late 1940s and early 1950s, when "flying saucers" were all the rage.

by Anonymousreply 428June 4, 2021 5:32 AM

They need to hurry the fuck up and reveal themselves.

by Anonymousreply 429June 4, 2021 5:38 AM

Sounds like this report is going to raise a lot more questions than it answers. And it still won’t rule out the possibility of alien technology:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 4, 2021 11:32 AM

Bullshit. Then, how have credible former military spoken about seeing alien beings and alien spacecraft that crashed?

by Anonymousreply 431June 4, 2021 4:36 PM

Is world population ready for this?

by Anonymousreply 432June 4, 2021 4:52 PM

maybe it's us in the future when we discovered time travel and we came back to visit ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 433June 4, 2021 5:09 PM

R433 They’d better be willing and ready to zoom a few of us the fuck out of here and into the future.

by Anonymousreply 434June 4, 2021 5:33 PM

If this were technology developed by China or Russia, THE US GOVT WOULD ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT.

by Anonymousreply 435June 4, 2021 5:42 PM

I really dislike the “skeptics” the media keeps pushing, especially Mick West. He’s an ex-computer game designer and not even remotely an expert on aerospace engineering. Seth Shostak (of SETI) meanwhile, will see his entire life work float down the drain if it turns out “they” have been here all along, so naturally he will refuse to consider the ET-hypothesis.

Who knows what means of travel these beings have. Maybe they have long established bases in our Solar System. They probably know how to use and control gravity.

It’s obvious a lot of scientists hate the idea that there are supremely intelligent beings out there, who have it all figured out. It means they’re no longer the smartest kids in the classroom.

by Anonymousreply 436June 4, 2021 6:04 PM

The best part of this is that it will allow more people to come forward and reveal what they know or saw without fear of ridicule and damaged reputations.

The Fermi Paradox- An idea he had after smoking a joint and talking with friends in 1950 becomes 100 percent meaningless when you consider that we are related. No one is "looking for" or "finding" life on other planets because we are all from "here". We're all just species, man, some of my best friends are reptilians.

Kathleen Madigan- Missing people are probably pets on other planets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 4, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] Seth Shostak (of SETI) meanwhile, will see his entire life work float down the drain if it turns out “they” have been here all along, so naturally he will refuse to consider the ET-hypothesis.

SETI: the biggest waste of time and money spent on scientific research in decades.

by Anonymousreply 438June 5, 2021 1:07 AM

What harm could they do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 5, 2021 1:29 AM

OK - These have been seen off and on for many, many years. Some of the more credible reports now being leaked were from well over a decade ago.

Congress forced the DOD to release this study now because sightings are becoming too common to continue covering up.

If the Chinese or Russians had developed hypersonic travel twenty or thirty years ago, our (and others’) spies would have picked up on that looonng before now.

So, if they are not other nations, an optical illusions or space aliens, what might they be?

Suppose unknown deep ocean life forces only relatively recently learned to “cross over” from their world to ours. Like early European explorers, such as Columbus, Cabrillo and Magellan, just a hearty few would risk voyages to the New World. Few inhabitants would have seen them.

However, as time passed they’d be supplanted by whole fleets of ships. The “New Worlds” became inundated.

Might the increase in sightings, that are now prompting the release of this report, be comparable to the rush that followed the early explorers.

The new travelers are attempting to map and claim whatever they view as useful in our world?

by Anonymousreply 440June 5, 2021 3:23 AM

Sure, but again how exactly would one develop and build such advanced technology under the crushing mass of the ocean?

by Anonymousreply 441June 5, 2021 3:44 AM

I think these sightings are drones of some kind. The have a "joy stick" movement about them.

by Anonymousreply 442June 5, 2021 3:56 AM

All of them, R442? I think the pilots who witnessed them, and the crew aboard the naval ships, would beg to differ. Several of these things have been as long as a football field, for fuck’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 443June 5, 2021 3:59 AM

R441 - Space aliens might ask how we developed space ships under the crushing pressure and gravity of earth.

by Anonymousreply 444June 5, 2021 4:01 AM

Can you source the "football field" size of some of them, R443? I haven't heard that yet. Quite a different matter if true.

by Anonymousreply 445June 5, 2021 4:03 AM

I’m not sure which of the recent reports you were referring to re: drones, but the “football field”-sized UFOs were mentioned in a few of the newer interviews. I think it either came up on 60 Minutes from a few weeks ago, or the long, long, long article in The New Yorker from the same time.

by Anonymousreply 446June 5, 2021 4:06 AM

I do remember the Phoenix Lights variety being described as huge, but not these faster moving ones. Could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 447June 5, 2021 4:07 AM

There have also been so many sightings of different crafts that the government has been unable to explain. They range from the typical saucer-shapes to triangular, silent aircraft, to the Tic-Tac shaped things seen over the water, to the “football field” sized things seen by pilots. There isn’t just one shape that’s been deemed unexplainable by the government, and they date back decades. There was even one from the late 19th century, but I can’t remember what size it was said to be.

Trust me, they’re not drones controlled by joysticks.

by Anonymousreply 448June 5, 2021 4:10 AM

👽 Call Your Momma

by Anonymousreply 449June 5, 2021 4:10 AM

A lot of the ones that people got close enough to emitted buzzing/humming sounds but were otherwise very quiet, radiated tremendous heat, and seemed to give off vibrations that people could feel.

There was one case on Unsolved Mysteries where two women, one elderly and one a bit younger, and a young boy encountered a UFO over a highway that started to melt their car and apparently gave all 3 occupants of the car radiation poisoning that the two women never recovered from.

by Anonymousreply 450June 5, 2021 4:14 AM

Drone sightings? Really? What about the sightings from the 19th century? The Renaissance? The Middle Ages? (Google the space battle over Nuremberg in the 1500s)) The Holy Bible (Ezekiel saw a wheel in the sky you know, among many other people who saw many weird things.) The prehistoric cave drawings that show what appear to be men wearing modern space suits with head encasing helmets?

by Anonymousreply 451June 5, 2021 4:19 AM

I never knew they went into the sea as well...

by Anonymousreply 452June 5, 2021 7:18 AM

^^^ 🦀 Crab People

by Anonymousreply 453June 5, 2021 11:59 AM

When Trump set up Space Force, I thought that was odd.... now not so much

by Anonymousreply 454June 5, 2021 3:26 PM

This a very interesting discussion that could explain the ufo phenomenon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Evangelicals will have a very hard time dealing with this. Original sin only applies to the children of Adam and Eve, so any other life does not need to be saved and would not need the Sacrifice of Christ. Also Evangelicals believe UFOs are demons inhabiting the space between earth and the sky which was given to Satan as his dominion.

by Anonymousreply 456June 5, 2021 4:27 PM

R450 That was the Cash Landrum incident. The Falcon Lake case in Canada was similar, in that the man who touched the UFO (a classic metal saucer) got strange, grid-like burn-marks on his stomach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 5, 2021 4:34 PM

July 31, 1966 at Presque Isle State Park in Erie Pennsylvania

Several people witnessed a "flying saucer" shaped object in the park that landed on the ground. The Air Force sent investigators to determine the validity. They found triangle shaped impressions and scorch marks in the area. No real information was ever provided (what a surprise) and no further sightings were ever reported.

by Anonymousreply 458June 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459June 5, 2021 6:10 PM

At the beginning of the interview, Obama said "there are some things that I can't tell you on air". Last year, Trump said that he heard some "interesting things" about Roswell that he won't even discuss with his children. Why not if it is a nothing burger? True, Obama said that we do not have secret labs that are interrogating aliens. But is he aware of concrete proof that aliens exist? That is another question. And even if he is not aware, are there others who are? If the military sightings are not secret US projects, as confirmed by US intelligence; and not from Russia or China, then what are they exactly? The answer is unsettling

by Anonymousreply 460June 5, 2021 7:54 PM

From what I’ve gathered, most ufologists believe sensitive secrets/materials have been funnelled to companies like Lockheed, Northrup Grumman and Battelle Memorial Institute, using shell companies (the audits end at those shell companies.) Those secrets will never become available under the FOIA.

by Anonymousreply 461June 5, 2021 8:31 PM

...whether they are humans from the future, beings from other dimensions, creatures from the water or drones/aliens from far off places as some have written here. All are disturbing outcomes

by Anonymousreply 462June 5, 2021 8:32 PM

Jesse Roestenberg (in1977) talks about her and her two sons’ 1950s UFO sighting, featuring two nordic looking aliens with page-haircuts and high foreheads.

There was also a huge UFO flap in rural France in the 50s, where people saw strange beings loitering around landed UFOs. It was documented by Jacques Vallée in “The Humanoids”, a 1966 special edition of “The Flying Saucer Review.” Fun fact: Prince Philip was a lifelong member of this magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463June 5, 2021 9:02 PM

R462, If they’re artifacts, schmutz on the lens, dreams, hallucinations, mass hysteria, hoaxes, [italic] et cetera, [/italic] they’re nothing to be concerned about

by Anonymousreply 464June 5, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] If the military sightings are not secret US projects, as confirmed by US intelligence; and not from Russia or China, then what are they exactly? The answer is unsettling

Even more so that the Pentagon sees them as a potential threat, but they have to know that if they truly had hostile intent there is nothing the U.S. or any other military could do to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 465June 5, 2021 10:38 PM

UFOs are by definition unidentified. They could be anything, or nothing. There’s no reason to jump to conclusions about them, like being outer space alien ships. Yes, those stories capture the imagination. But they are certainly the most far-fetched explanations out there.

by Anonymousreply 466June 5, 2021 11:39 PM

Could be beyond our imagination but still of this world.

What does a border collie know of a lantern fish?

Could he do the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 6, 2021 12:03 AM

r464, The pentagon doesn't spend millions of dollars on schmutz on the lens, you stupid putz. Think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468June 6, 2021 12:15 AM

What does a fish know of the water in which it swims?

by Anonymousreply 469June 6, 2021 1:34 AM

Maybe we should be looking down instead of up. They seem to have an affinity to water and only 5% of the ocean has been discovered. Good luck though going that deep.

by Anonymousreply 470June 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Sam Harris, who I consider to be a serious intellect and who as an atheist one would expect to have a healthy amount of scepticism concern UFOs, recently weighed in on the topic. It's remarkable not only for his serious tone but he goes much further than many and suggests these UAPs really ARE extraterrestrial in origin. I had to listen to this segment twice to absorb that. He's one of the last people you'd expect to be saying this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471June 7, 2021 6:46 PM

I don't trust Sam Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 7, 2021 7:52 PM

New video leaks, the 2nd one is weird. 3rd looks like human with video sped up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 7, 2021 8:15 PM

Well now there's just going to be a slew of doctored videos showing weird sightings a la Loch Ness monster

by Anonymousreply 474June 7, 2021 8:17 PM

R473 has the Pentagon or other branch of the government confirmed the authenticity of that video?

One of the objects looks in profile like a flying rubber ducky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 7, 2021 8:23 PM

They’re taking baby steps. They’ll start by announcing that UFOs are real & not secret tech. Once that has sunk in, they will go all-in on the alien-hypothesis.

It’s noteworthy that, of all publications, the NYT and Washington Post are the most serious about this topic (unlike a UK publication such as The Guardian, who still use snarky phrases as “UFO enthusiasts”).

These papers have insiders and off-the-record sources.

by Anonymousreply 476June 7, 2021 9:51 PM

R473 is LAME

by Anonymousreply 477June 7, 2021 11:09 PM

R477 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 478June 7, 2021 11:20 PM

R475 I thought the same! Too cute.

by Anonymousreply 479June 8, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote]Well now there's just going to be a slew of doctored videos showing weird sightings a la Loch Ness monster.

I'm ready for my close-up. I've been ready for years!

by Anonymousreply 480June 8, 2021 1:36 AM

Wow, wouldn’t have guessed Sam Harris would come around to this idea. But I’m relieved he has.

by Anonymousreply 481June 8, 2021 2:08 AM

WTF is Sam Harris (other than the singer) and why is everyone freaking out that he's on board with this?

by Anonymousreply 482June 8, 2021 2:37 AM

Bill Clinton confirms that "there are things up there flying around that we haven't identified yet". Goes on to say that given how there are billions of galaxies in the universe the probably is that life exists elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 8, 2021 3:39 PM

I wonder if any reporter will bring up this case now =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 8, 2021 3:49 PM

One more week until the reveal! Ermahgah! I hope they release new videos.

by Anonymousreply 485June 18, 2021 8:06 PM

I wouldn't count on it coming out next week, or much new information to be included.

Adam Schiff had perhaps the most interesting/cryptic response to the classified briefing given to the Intelligence Committee on Wednesday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486June 18, 2021 8:43 PM

Well, apparently today's the day. The report is expected to be released within the hour.

by Anonymousreply 487June 25, 2021 3:48 PM

If they don't include new videos, Imma be like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488June 25, 2021 3:51 PM

Fed report finds UFOs may be security risk, have no ‘single explanation’

Is the truth out there? Maybe.

A long-awaited US government report on UFO sightings released Friday was largely inconclusive, describing the strange objects seen by military personnel across the US as a threat to flight safety and possibly national security, but adding that there was no “single explanation” for their appearance.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), one of the senators who pressed for the probe, described the report as “an important first step in cataloging these incidents, but it is just a first step.”

“For years, the men and women we trust to defend our country reported encounters with unidentified aircraft that had superior capabilities, and for years their concerns were often ignored and ridiculed,” said Rubio, who later added: “The Defense Department and Intelligence Community have a lot of work to do before we can actually understand whether these aerial threats present a serious national security concern.”

The report was funded as part of a $2.3 trillion coronavirus relief and spending package enacted by former President Donald Trump this past December. That legislation instructed the Pentagon and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) to provide “a detailed analysis of unidentified aerial phenomena data” collected by the Office of Naval Intelligence, the FBI, and the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) Task Force and report in 180 days.

Congress also asked the ODNI for information on “any incidents or patterns that indicate a potential adversary may have achieved breakthrough aerospace capabilities that could put United States strategic or conventional forces at risk.”

The UAP task force, headed by Navy intelligence analyst Brennan McKernan, was created last summer to “detect, analyze and catalog” sightings of objects that could pose a threat to national security.

That move was made after a series of high profile, unexplained events were recorded on US Navy ships and made public last year. At least four warships off the coast of San Diego reported sightings of unexplained objects in July 2019 that didn’t match aircraft currently known to exist, some of which appeared to harass the vessels and another that suddenly disappeared into the ocean.

In another incident, from 2004, several Navy aviators from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz encountered unknown aircraft off the California coast that were described as resembling large “Tic Tac” breath mints.

One of the pilots, retired Navy Lieutenant Commander Alex Dietrich, recalled in an interview with Reuters this week that the oblong object lacked “any visible flight control surfaces or means of propulsion.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 25, 2021 9:23 PM

Following the 2019 incident, the Navy announced it would create a formal process for its pilots to report unidentified aerial phenomena, the official name for UFOs. Last August, the Defense Department created a task force dedicated to the matter. The mission was to “detect, analyze and catalog UAPs” that could endanger the US.

Some lawmakers suggested that the bizarre sightings could have captured advanced technology developed by a foreign adversary.

Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe disclosed to Fox News in March that “there are a lot more sightings than have been made public” and “some of those have been declassified.”

In May, former President Barack Obama fueled speculation about the nature of UFOs during an appearance on CBS’ “Late Late Show.”

“What is true — and I’m actually being serious here — is that there’s footage and records of objects in the skies that we don’t know exactly what they are,” the 44th president said.

“We can’t explain how they moved, their trajectory … they did not have an easily explainable pattern.”

Pilots and sky-watchers have long reported sporadic sightings of UFOs in U.S. airspace, seemingly at unusual speeds or trajectories. In most cases, those mysteries evaporate under examination.

The current push for more information about recent sightings began in December 2017, when The New York Times revealed a five-year Pentagon program to investigate UFOs.

With Post wires

by Anonymousreply 490June 25, 2021 9:23 PM

Link to 9 page report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 25, 2021 9:46 PM

“ JUST IN: US government can't explain 143 of the 144 cases of unidentified flying objects reported by military planes, according to highly anticipated intel report.”

From NBC News on Twitter.

Can’t explain 143 out of 144, but I bet our own Datalounge professional skeptics have them all worked out.

by Anonymousreply 492June 25, 2021 11:00 PM

R492:

Dust on lens!

Swamp gas!

Insects!

Solar flare!

Hoax!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 493June 25, 2021 11:03 PM

According to the UFO report, which was tipped to reveal the "truth about aliens" and US military sightings, some potential patterns did emerge.

"Although there was wide variability in the reports and the dataset is currently too limited to allow for detailed trend or pattern analysis, there was some clustering of UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena) observations regarding shape, size, and, particularly, propulsion," the report states.

"UAP sightings also tended to cluster around U.S. training and testing grounds, but we assess that this may result from a collection bias as a result of focused attention, greater numbers of latest-generation sensors operating in those areas, unit expectations, and guidance to report anomalies."

In addition to the patterns, a number of UAP appeared to show advanced technology.

"In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics," the report continues.

"Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion."

And in only a select number of cases, the report said "military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings."

Additionally, the Defense Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF) holds a small amount of data that shows "UAP demonstrating acceleration or a degree of signature management."

In order to learn the nature and validity of the findings, more research is needed.

"We are conducting further analysis to determine if breakthrough technologies were demonstrated," the preliminary assessment states.

The report, released on the website of the Office of the Director for National Intelligence, examined 144 reports of encounters with what the government deemed "unidentified aerial phenomenon."

Only one of those encounters could be explained by investigators by the end of the study. That case was put down to "airborne clutter."

Investigators also found no evidence to suggest the sightings represented either extraterrestrial life or a major technological advancement by a foreign foe, such as China or Russia.

"Of the 144 reports we are dealing with here, we have no clear indications that there is any non-terrestrial explanation for them — but we will go wherever the data takes us," a senior US official said.

"We don’t have any clear indications that any of these unidentified aerial phenomena are part of a foreign [intelligence] collection program, and we don’t have any clear data that is indicative of a major technological advancement by a potential adversary.

“We continue to put a lot of effort and energy into tracking those types of developments, and we watch that very carefully. Nothing in this data set clearly points us in that direction," the official continued.

Eleven of the cases involved a "near miss" with US personnel, investigators said.

In recent years, the government has adopted UAP as its preferred term for what are otherwise known as “unidentified flying objects,” or UFOs, which have long associated with the notion of alien spacecraft.

A second senior official said that 21 of the reports show UAPs “that appear to have some sort of advanced propulsion or advanced technology."

Each also appeared to lack any means of propulsion or acceleration and exhibited speeds beyond what the United States believes foreign adversaries are capable of.

The report was ordered by Congress as part of broader intelligence legislation signed by former President Donald Trump in December.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494June 25, 2021 11:16 PM

If they really pose a threat as the report says and are unknown objects in US airspace above military ships and bases, then why not try to shoot one down and see what's inside?

If the military truly believed these were drones from a foreign government or a secret US project or jolke there would be no danger trying to shoot one down, right? Especially near our ships or military bases. Just a drone, right?

But, we do not dare. And why is this? Because we absolutely know these things are not from this world regardless of what this unclassified reports states.

by Anonymousreply 495July 22, 2021 4:44 PM

They weren't able to shoot it down! they moved too fast! haven't you been reading?!

by Anonymousreply 496July 23, 2021 1:58 PM

Pilot who filmed tic tac video gives first interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497July 29, 2021 1:19 AM

From what I’ve read, the people within DoD who are 100% against any of this becoming public or being studied are fundamental christians. They think the UFO phenomenon is demonic and within Ufology-circles they are known as “The Collins Elite.”

by Anonymousreply 498July 29, 2021 7:05 AM

Interesting video at R497 Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 499July 29, 2021 10:57 AM

How is it that these vehicles are able to depart so incredibly quickly, yet no one who works on such technology has leaked any details about how such speeds are achieved, and with no visible signs of propulsion? Whether it’s the US, China, Russia, or whomever else, how is it that no physicist or aerospace engineer has come forward to say, “oh yes, that’s [X] technology— no big deal. It’s not aliens.”

I’m really interested to hear the skeptics’ “debunking” of it. So far, all they’ve come up with is, “they were mistaken, they didn’t actually see a vehicle move at that rate of speed.”

by Anonymousreply 500July 30, 2021 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!