Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYC DLers: Please Don't Vote for Eric Adams for Mayor

He is a clown, clownier than Andrew Yang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572February 17, 2022 3:50 AM

Racist Homophobic Cop

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2021 4:21 AM

He has my vote!

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2021 4:58 AM

What's the problem with Yang?

Who are YOU voting for Opie?

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2021 5:00 AM

Don’t worry. I wasn’t going to.

Popular backpack, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2021 5:33 AM

I'm sick of Wall Street guys running for Mayor like it's a hobby to try--like Yang and McGuire

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2021 6:15 AM

The media want Adam or Wiley. The media get what they want. Adams will probably win.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2021 6:17 AM

R5, Yang never worked in finance.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2021 6:18 AM

R7, "Wall Street" is a catch-all term for businessmen.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2021 6:30 AM

Stringer is the most qualified but he's a bore

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2021 6:31 AM

I hope he’s not a black SUPREMACIST.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2021 6:51 AM

This is the only candidate who will be truly able to lead NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2021 1:21 PM

R3 I'm voting Dianne Morales as my #1, Scott Stringer as my #2 and Maya Wiley as #3. To make sure Adams isn't the nominee, Yang is my #4. I don't have a fifth option.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2021 1:35 PM

Let me also remind you all that the idiots voting for Eric Adams are voting for a third term of de Blasio, but possibly even worse since Adams is more corrupt.

[Quote] De Blasio, a political operative by trade, also [bold] expressed a preference for Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, [/bold] questioned the veracity of Andrew Yang’s healthy lead in the polls and asked the union presidents if they would join forces in the race, the people said.

[Quote] “He said he liked Eric’s story,” said one person, referring to the biography Adams frequently shares on the campaign trail: The Black son of a single mother who grew up in poverty and was beaten by police officers as a teenager before becoming a cop himself. [bold] Adams and de Blasio share a political base in Central Brooklyn and the borough president is one of the few politicians who has avoided piling on the mayor during the low points of his tenure. [/bold]

So one more reason not to vote for him and choose Yang over Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2021 1:41 PM

DeBlasio is probably the LAST white mayor of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2021 2:00 PM

Andrew Yang all the way!

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2021 2:11 PM

Hey New Yorkers,

If you idiots had any common sense, you would see all the good things Democrats have done for NY in the past year and not vote Democrat at all. However, you don’t so you’ll just vote for another bad Democrat, and of course you’ll pick somebody based on identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2021 2:12 PM

I know Adams well -- he is a remarkable man who make a good mayor. He has his flaws like any other politician but he's quite good on important issues, he's very gay friendly (obviously), and above all, he hires extremely smart and talented people to work with him.

Yang, on the other hand, is basically a Trump-like narcissist who's only interested in his own career. He couldn't care less about issues other than those that give him headlines for his opinions on them.

Stringer, the third choice,, is actually a very decent fellow who would probably make the best mayor of them all. He has, however, all the charisma of a 9th grade wonk.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2021 2:17 PM

Eric Adams is a big too GHETTO for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2021 2:27 PM

My 5:

1) Kathryn Garcia . She's actually worked in city government, has a history of getting shit done, and is liberal without being woke. I really wish she was getting more attention.

2) Shaun Donovan. I like his ideas and he also seems progressive without being super woke. I also think his connections to federal government could be valuable now when the city needs so much help.

3) Scott Stringer. He knows city government better than probably any of the candidates. His lack of personality and super woke agenda are strikes against him for me, though.

4) Andrew Yang. I'm not sure he knows what the hell he's doing, but at least he'll be a cheerleader for New York and the city could certainly use some positive energy right now. And hopefully he'd hire good people around him.

5) Eric Adams. I'm not really a fan, but at least he knows the city and will be more immune to the super woke brigade who will call any else a racist when they don't get what they want.

Beyond that, I have no time for either Maya Wiley or Dianna Morales. Wiley seems like a hugely unpleasant person and when I've seen her interviewed she has no concrete ideas and just says everything is worth looking into or important to consider. Her work with DeBlasio is also a major strike against her for me. Dianne Morales was recently asked why she was qualified to be mayor and lead with the fact that she's an Afro-Latina woman from Brooklyn. Um, that's not a qualification to be mayor and I don't need identity politics running the city. While she has more ideas then Wiley, whenever she's asked how she'd fund them she says "with the money we'd get from defunding the police." Crime is up in the city, so making defunding the police a top priority right now is pretty fucking unappealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2021 2:31 PM

This is the type of shit Bill Cosby used to say before he was criminally convicted of rape. Just saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2021 7:15 PM

Quiz to see how your views align with the candidates:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 8:47 PM

Eric Adams is a lightweight who benefited from the economic boom in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2021 8:50 PM

Typical that DLers would not like Adams given, you know, his, well, um, color....

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2021 9:45 PM

R23: it’s not his color, it’s the aggressive toxic masculinity and homophobia endemic to black culture/men of Adams’s generation. Fuck that and Fuck Adams. And fuck his racism towards Asians and other non black minorities.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Maya Wiley is basically a communist. She is for having people who don't work live in luxury condos paid for by the working suckers. She wants NYC taxpayers to pay out reparations to all black folk. She has almost no white people working on her campaign. She is not the best choice, but vote who tickles your heart dears.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2021 12:24 AM

At this point any of them would be an upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2021 12:35 AM

Maya Wiley will be a continuation of DeBlasio's shitty policies. The city is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2021 2:30 PM

Yang is the only one who makes me feel hopeful and positive. The rest are just angry, entitled hacks. Well the high-profile ones. I don't know about less-known ones.

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2021 5:00 PM

[Quote] Typical that DLers would not like Adams given, you know, his, well, um, color....

Or maybe because he's a corrupt clown who hangs out with homophobes like Tracy Morgan. How about that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2021 10:00 PM

At least DeBlasio will be history and spend the rest of his life in hell for destroying a once great city.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 2:41 PM

R24 & r29, it's his color.........

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 2:49 PM

He seems like trouble. If he found that much bad stuff in his kid’s room just over the course of a short video, what else could be in there??

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 3:00 PM

Like I said, Democrats are destroying U.S. cities/states with their SJW/woke bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 3:03 PM

Andrew Yang is TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 3:03 PM

The media want Adams or Wiley. Look at all the attack pieces on Yang. They want him out.

The media get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 3:09 PM

R33 spare us and just say the N word like your thinking.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 3:09 PM

Some guy asked Yang a bunch of questions as he was walking by him, seemingly friendly, and then his last question was "Do you choke women?" and Yang, already in a middle of a friendly smile and nodding along, continued doing so as he was passing the guy, in the way you do to a crazy person on the street, and the media turned it into "Yang Laughs at Misogynistic Joke". Fucking crazy shit, but it works.

Wiley's in the bag. The Times demands Wiley. And in NYC's Dem primary, only Dems can vote, so I fully expect the Times to get its way.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 3:21 PM

Oh lol just out in the last hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 3:23 PM

hey i like Adams just for calling out saggin'! if he wants to hate on us fags and other minorities just to get the black community straightened out, that's fine by me

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 3:28 PM

As with all elections, people need to focus on not wasting their votes and picking the least objectionable candidate.

If I thought a 50 year old white guy had a chance right now, I'd probably vote for Shawn Donovan.

However, as that would not yield meaningful results, I'd want to make sure someone NOT objectionable actually gets elected, which means picking the least objectionable of the leading candidates - so Andrew Yang.

Maya Wiley is a non-starter.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 4:02 PM

People tossing lazy, pointless insults like "woke" and "SJW" are so sad.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 4:13 PM

Yang wants to buy a political office and it's looking like he'll get away with it, which is frightening. Running New York City post-COVID isn't a starter job.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2021 4:14 PM

R42, he's not that wealthy. Under $5 million.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2021 4:55 PM

I like Garcia, too.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2021 5:02 PM

Yang has zero experience. He's just a guy who used the media to get a lot of attention by running for president. There's absolutely no reason to vote for him unless it's a protest vote against the other candidates.

Adams may be tone-deaf at times and his positions often change but at least he knows the city well. He also hires really smart people and has an excellent staff.

The others are out of contention now. Poor Scott Stringer. He's been waiting all his life to be mayor. Not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

Yang has never voted in a mayoral election. He left Manhattan to spend the worst of the pandemic in his home in the Hudson Valley. Also, his whole give $1000 to every adult idea isn’t relevant in NYC. His only qualifications are he’s on tv a lot and that he’s pals with Joe and Kamala.

Yang is currently leading the polls but I remain skeptical. I know, you just know the next mayor is going to be black.

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2021 5:40 PM

R35 They'll be perfectly happy with Ray McGuire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2021 6:07 PM

Take whatever that loon Krystal Ball says and do the opposite! Always!

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2021 6:43 PM

MSNBC hates Yang, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2021 2:43 PM

Nice endorsement. Along with Martin Luther King III.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Huge endorsements for Maguire from Jay-Z and Diddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2021 2:50 PM

It’s racism by non-Black races against Black people that needs to be dealt with as harshly as possible because that’s the only kind there is.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2021 2:58 PM

The hits just keep on coming. I really do believe that Ray McGuire is going to box Eric Adams out in terms of key support in the Black community, making them not the decisive voting bloc this election cycle. Either Yang is going to win, as the polls predict, or Dianne Morales or Scott Stringer will pull off an upset victory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2021 6:10 PM

Even the New York Compost acknowledges that Dianne Morales could pull off an upset, contrary to what some of you here believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2021 6:11 PM

No more White mayors for NYC.

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2021 6:16 PM

The fact that Carlos Menchacha, who is considered a more left leaning lawmaker, is coming out for Yang indicates that he's going to get the progressive vote on the 3rd or 4th choice slot to stop Eric Adams if necessary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Ryan Grim, a reporter for the Intercept, posted this snarky tweet attacking Black Lives Matter protestors in Brooklyn the other night, saying they aren't helping their "faction" in the mayoral race. People presumed he was talking about the left flank of the Democratic party. There's just one problem with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2021 1:07 PM

This is the opinion of the #2 polling candidate in the race, Eric Adams. So, if anything, this actually hurts him and not the supposed "left" Ryan thinks the protestors represent. The left punching will end up backfiring by taking out the most conservative candidate in the race LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2021 1:09 PM

I like him.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2021 1:23 PM

Crime and public safety are polling as one of the most important issues to voters. Racial injustice is polling much lower. That's not good news for Maya Wiley or Dianne Morales who have built their entire campaigns around defunding the police and racial justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2021 2:54 PM

The Times has yet to hammer everyone hard. They want Wiley. They're just waiting for the right time to release the hit pieces.

Wiley is going to be mayor. The Times demands it.

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2021 3:28 PM

R29 I was going to comment on how much he sounds like Tracy Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2021 3:35 PM

If it’s Yang, God help us.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2021 3:39 PM

Maya Wiley: Big Bird 2.0

by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2021 4:01 PM

He seems very moderate and stable.

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Yeah, and the Times endorsed Quinn in 2013. And endorsed Warren and Klobuchar during the election. Their opinions are irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2021 4:05 PM

R29 that’s enough, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2021 4:10 PM

R66 is correct. There was a time when Times endorsements were important, and they still can be for lesser elective offices that no one follows. But for the big ones, the Times no longer has any impact.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2021 5:38 PM

People are okay with wokeness as long as they are safe and their property is secure. Once their mom gets sucker-punched in broad daylight on the UWS, they care about police and bail reform.

Nobody has forgotten about what happened in this city last summer.

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Oh come fucking on, Yang. WTF? Don't give this election to Adams. Our city can't afford it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Businessmen should not be in government.

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2021 10:53 PM

I like Kathryn Garcia too R19.

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2021 4:04 PM

Eric Adams would be better than Yang. He has actual experience in city and state government. As a black former cop he’ll be tough for the woke crowd to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 73April 24, 2021 8:06 PM

If Yang wins - that’s too bad and I’m scared how the rest of the country will vote in 22 and 24.

by Anonymousreply 74April 24, 2021 8:12 PM

Seventy-five posts in and no appearance by the Veganism Is a Mental Disorder Troll?

She's slipping.

by Anonymousreply 75April 24, 2021 8:41 PM

^ I'm sure she's not voting for Eric Adams then, so that's a relief at least.

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2021 8:47 PM

Going on Fox News should be an immediate disqualifier for being the mayor, so of course this applies to Eric Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2021 8:48 PM

The “empowered criminal” - that’s what Datalounge is so strongly for.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2021 8:53 PM

Candidates:

Andrew Yang, the former presidential candidate and current front-runner, has positioned himself as the city’s ultimate cheerleader in the race, and he has made accelerating the reopening of the city a central plank of his messaging. Scott M. Stringer, the city comptroller, describes a series of crises facing New York and promises to be a progressive mayor who will “manage the hell out of the city.”

Maya Wiley, a civil rights lawyer who is particularly focused on matters of racial justice, often urges a “reimagining” of a more equitable city following the pandemic. And Eric Adams, the Brooklyn borough president, suggests that public safety is a prerequisite for progress and speaks often of his experience as a Black former police captain who pushed for change within the system.

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2021 4:29 PM

How come no one likes Kathryn Garcia? I don't live in NYC but she sounds a lot better than some of the alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2021 4:38 PM

I live in NYC and I've never even heard of her, R80. Only yesterday, I found out Scott Stringer was running. How many people are running? Jesus. I know at least five. I can't keep up.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Eric Adams is right. Disbanding the plainclothes unit was a mistake. It’s ok to go on Fox and tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 82May 1, 2021 4:42 PM

I went down the rabbit hole on these candidates after the odd accusation against Stringer (not sure I buy it, but are we allowed to question credibility anymore?):

The biggest problem is that none are close to perfect. That shouldn't be a problem (who is perfect?), but with Yang and McGuire beholden to corporate interests, and Adams being a worse deBlasio (and in the police pocket, to make him even worse), it's pretty imperative the Dem voters figure out who to get behind.

I think Stringer was who I was about to get behind (he's probably the most experienced and least likely to try and spend too much money on grand initiatives), but this takedown seems geared to get him out of the way. Morales and Garcia seem to have no visibility while Maya Wiley sucks up the spotlight (and the oxygen out of the room). Shaun Donovan seems interesting, but a bit bland (not that bland should be a problem--have we learned nothing from Trump?).

Worse, they all seem alike. Take one of those quizzes, and it'll rank the candidates for you, but your Top 6 may be within 5 points of each other. They have similar policies, and that's making it harder to prevent the cult of Yang from happening. (Ironically, Yang was 5th in my quiz results, but there is something so repellent about him--smells like the cult of personality/Trump all over again).

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2021 4:43 PM

Is he leading yet?

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2021 4:48 PM

Yang is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2021 4:51 PM

Adam’s lives near my mother and is a great man.

The OP is that racist obsessed freak who keeps getting red tagged

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2021 4:53 PM

Adams is a vegan who cares about health and animals -- that's a kind of weird character trait for a politician (Corey Booker is similar). As a result, Adams actually has a kind of empathy and kindness that's rare in someone running for mayor. He wrote a very good book about health just recently -- again, unusual for a political, who generally just write about themselves and their remarkableness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2021 5:02 PM

Is Kathryn Garcia growing in the polls at all?

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2021 5:06 PM

My mother and Adams live on the same block. He’s wonderful. She likes him a lot and says he’s very kind and respectful. He has a nice car.

Yang is a homophobe. Only self hating gay Republicans would vote him.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2021 5:07 PM

R80: She’s from DeBlasio land.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2021 5:09 PM

Yang has been exposed as a homophobe and his response was “how can I be homophobic? I employ gay people”.

Similar to the I have black friends shit.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2021 5:11 PM

Why would you want this Yang dude now? Why not Eric Adams? Why do have people vote for the flashy empty suits—why not substance and someone who’s actually worked in government for years and years?

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2021 5:16 PM

Go yang!

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2021 5:16 PM

R92 because OP hates black people. Yet lives in NYC. And is a transplant.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote]People are okay with wokeness as long as they are safe and their property is secure. Once their mom gets sucker-punched in broad daylight on the UWS, they care about police and bail reform.

Lick that boot, boy.

Lick it.

Harder.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2021 5:20 PM

[Quote] Why not Eric Adams?

This whole thread has provided tons of examples on why [italic] not [/italic] to vote for Eric Adams? Here's just one more reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2021 9:11 PM

R96 still not seeing a reason to not vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2021 9:13 PM

Unfortunately people like to vote for celebrities, or whatever Yang is.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Yang is a homophobe

by Anonymousreply 99May 1, 2021 9:15 PM

[Quote] The OP is that racist obsessed freak who keeps getting red tagged

LOL Of course you're Officer . No wonder all of your posts haven't been showing up for me in this thread. It would make sense that a homophobic cop would support his fellow homophobic cop.

[Quote] Adam’s lives near my mother and is a great man.

That's nice, but he's not a great man and just because you choose to ignore all the evidence to the contrary doesn't change that fact.

Also, more reasons not to vote for Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2021 1:45 PM

Weird that OP etc. keeps trolling against Eric Adams, posting constant negative stuff about him, but nothing negative about the others. Yes Adams has his issues, but so do the others, and for the most past, worse than Adams'.

Seems like Yang's people have discovered the DL and are using it to promote their little homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2021 2:15 PM

^ This is a thread on Eric Adams and why he is awful, but see R70.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2021 2:17 PM

If you have the stench of the de Blasios. you have no chance in hell. Maya has no chance. Even Dems won't support her knowing she'll just be diB 2.0.

We don't want to pay in a city where the homeless and criminals have the run of the place.

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2021 2:21 PM

R103 then leave

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2021 3:45 PM

Adams is the next mayor. The media decide the election — not the mindless voters.

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2021 3:45 PM

As long as it’s not Yang.

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2021 3:46 PM

R104, I don't have to leave. I'm allowed to expect my city NOT to go to shit on behalf of the homeless and criminals.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2021 3:53 PM

R107 your city?

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2021 3:54 PM

R108, are you really so fucking desperate to come for me that this is how you're going to do it? Yes, I'm clearly the first person in history to refer to the place I live as "my city" or "my neighborhood" or "my town or "my state."

God, you're weak. Won't play along.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2021 3:58 PM

R109 where did you grow up?

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2021 3:59 PM

Bring back porn to Time Square!

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2021 4:02 PM

Brooklyn, R110.

And not since I was a little kid in the 80s have I had homeless come to the car windows trying to get money. Since BdB, you cannot get off a god damned exit where there's a stop light and not have homeless come to the windows for money. At least in the 80s, they were squeegee guys and they'd clean your windows. These assholes just stand there waiting for you to give in. And during a pandemic no less.

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2021 4:07 PM

Eric Adams is the candidate of choice for Tucker Carlson. Yet another reason not to vote for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 7, 2021 6:36 PM

r113 Disqualifying for Adams.

by Anonymousreply 114May 7, 2021 6:39 PM

I like Eric Adams! I donated to Garcia, time I donate to Adams.

by Anonymousreply 115May 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Adams as a black man isn't intimidated by the "woke" crowd. That's the only thing Carlson really likes about him.

by Anonymousreply 116May 7, 2021 6:53 PM

At this rate, the people saying they like Eric Adams are coming out as nazis and will be put on ignore by me. No difference between the two.

by Anonymousreply 117May 7, 2021 6:53 PM

I liked Eric Adams before Tucker Carlson. Don't lump me in with that guy.

by Anonymousreply 118May 7, 2021 6:54 PM

Pretty thorough profile of him in the Times today. He’s clearly focusing on campaigning in Brooklyn and Queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 7, 2021 6:58 PM

Good for him. I wish we has normal Democrats here in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 120May 7, 2021 7:02 PM

we *had...

by Anonymousreply 121May 7, 2021 7:03 PM

The endorsement from Carlson will work in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2021 7:03 PM

Re Fucker Carlson's support of Eric Adams -- here's Adams' tweet about it:

"I don’t want or need the support of Tucker Carlson, or anyone else who perpetuates racist, anti-immigrant propaganda."

Good for him. Suck on Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2021 7:04 PM

Whoops. Left out the "it" above. Please don't suck on Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2021 7:04 PM

R112: Yes, Bill DeBlasio PURPOSEFULLY put the homeless on the exit ramp to get YOU. You ridiculous freak. I will never understand the DeBlasio Derangement Syndrome from people on here. Last opinion poll had 50% of the city approving of the job he was doing. I guess online people just hate him for weird nebulous reasons.

by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]How come no one likes Kathryn Garcia? I don't live in NYC but she sounds a lot better than some of the alternatives.

I didn't know much about her but she's actually pretty great. Take the quick posted above.

She's now my #2 choice.

by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Adams is a freak. He goes to the grand opening of an LGBT seniors housing project and slams it for not being inclusive (of whom?). Suggests it will provoke neighbors to violence.

Any gay person who votes for this loon is an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2021 7:33 PM

Kathryn Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote]At least in the 80s, they were squeegee guys and they'd clean your windows. These assholes just stand there waiting for you to give in. And during a pandemic no less.

Real New Yorkers don't drive.

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2021 7:39 PM

Kathryn Garcia has been the subject of profiles in both the Times and the New Yorker recently. I really suggest people look into her as she is very very qualified despite her unfortunately low name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2021 7:42 PM

Don’t be scared by low name recognition! Donate to her campaign!

by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2021 7:44 PM

When is the primary? Isn't it next month? I wouldn't want to be peaking now.

by Anonymousreply 132May 7, 2021 7:59 PM

NY primary - June 22nd

by Anonymousreply 133May 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Maya Wiley is an opportunist who hates white people and is only where she is because of Mrs. DeBlasio and Al Sharpton. A vote for Maya is a vote to disband the NYPD and let the felons run the city.

by Anonymousreply 134May 8, 2021 12:32 AM

R134 thanks. I will be voting for her now

by Anonymousreply 135May 8, 2021 12:41 AM

Maya Wiley will give the power back to the people and not continue the sellout to corporations.

by Anonymousreply 136May 8, 2021 11:36 AM

Maya Wiley is an airhead who will be a worse mayor the Bill Db.

by Anonymousreply 137May 8, 2021 11:37 AM

Maya Wiley= DeBlasio 2

by Anonymousreply 138May 8, 2021 11:53 AM

The NYT clearly wants Eric Adams to be the next mayor of NYC. Everyday they publish a NEGATIVE article about Yang and yesterday they published a GLOWING article about Eric Adams.

by Anonymousreply 139May 8, 2021 11:55 AM

R138 is correct.

And honestly, who the fuck cares what the NY Times wants? They don't decide elections, as R66 correctly pointed out. I hope that Richard Spencer and Trump come out to endorse Adams next. It will sink him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 8, 2021 2:10 PM

It its true that the NY Times has surprisingly little sway in NY politics any more. It's due to a combination of newspapers being increasingly irrelevant in our times, the perception that they're out of touch with the real world, and in the Times' case, the sort of (older) people who care about politics will probably never forgive the Times for cheerleading the Iraq ware. Remember the execrable Judith Miller? Finally, the Times has so many jokes working for its, from Maureen Down to Thomas Friedman, that no reasonable person could really care who they endorse when they can't even pick good people for their own staff.

That said, Adams is probably gong to win -- he has the best ground game and that still counts for a great deal in getting out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 141May 8, 2021 2:22 PM

^War. Not ware.

Damn the lack of editing feature on this site.

by Anonymousreply 142May 8, 2021 2:23 PM

R139 I would hardly call that NYT article about Eric Adams “glowing."

by Anonymousreply 143May 8, 2021 5:09 PM

I am voting for Adams

by Anonymousreply 144May 8, 2021 5:25 PM

[Quote] It may not help that Mr. Adams has had a history of embracing divisive figures, aligning himself with Louis Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam leader, and the ex-boxer Mike Tyson after his 1992 rape conviction. Mr. Adams has also faced several ethics probes during his career, including one that questioned his role in allowing a politically connected company to gain a casino franchise at Aqueduct Racetrack.

[Quote] His switch to the Republican Party in the following years, while Rudolph W. Giuliani was mayor and the party controlled the State Senate, seemed opportunistic; he explained then that “if you take a look at some of the concepts of the Republican Party, you’ll see that many of them are our values.”

Glowing endorsement, really.

by Anonymousreply 145May 8, 2021 5:30 PM

Sounds perfect for New York. Is anyone really qualified?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 8, 2021 5:50 PM

Don, Jr. could have a real shot against these bozos.

by Anonymousreply 147May 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Don Junior couldn’t beat Curtis Sliwa.

by Anonymousreply 148May 8, 2021 6:22 PM

The Times endorses Kathryn Garcia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 10, 2021 11:57 PM

Hey NYC Taxpayers: Go Woke, Go Broke!

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2021 1:46 AM

R149 The kiss of death for Garcia. Almost assured she won't get the nomination now.

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2021 4:03 AM

Adams is pro-cop. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2021 4:17 AM

If Adams runs the city like he runs Brooklyn, we are in trouble. Crime is worsening in the nice neighborhoods like Park Slope and Williamsburg. I honestly care more about crime in the areas where taxpayers live more than the ghetto neighborhoods that don’t bring in any revenue.

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2021 11:53 AM

R153 Adams doesn’t actually “run Brooklyn.” Borough presidents don’t really have that much power.

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2021 11:54 AM

R154,

What is the role of the borough president?

by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2021 12:13 PM

Eric Adams still won't say what he will do to get the guns off the streets, he has no idea, in spite of his brief time in law enforcement. He seems more opportunist than leader.

by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2021 12:21 PM

Good overview of the borough president position

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2021 3:27 PM

Thanks R157. That was informative and shows how much waste is in our government.

by Anonymousreply 158May 12, 2021 8:57 PM

Eric Adams and Maya Wiley both feel that blaming whites for everything is the key to winning and election. Eric does not like white men and Maya doesn't seem to like anyone white. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2021 8:59 PM

Maya is EXTREMELY woke.

by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote] Let me also remind you all that the idiots voting for Eric Adams are voting for a third term of de Blasio

NYC deserves another term of deblasio

They do. They voted his stupid, fucking ass in TWICE. The city is full of people without an ounce of common sense. You all need to learn the hard way

by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2021 9:06 PM

I would not mind Kathryn Garcia as mayor.

by Anonymousreply 162May 12, 2021 9:07 PM

I like her. I want to see her as mayor because mayor of NYC could lead to great things.

by Anonymousreply 163May 12, 2021 9:12 PM

Like jail?

by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2021 11:43 PM

Oh kween. Stop. ^

by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2021 11:45 PM

R159 -- I am a white man who has worked for Eric Adams and I can tell you that he does not hate white men. He's one of the warmest and kindest guys I have ever met, and he's that way toward everyone. Just a truly sweet guy.

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2021 11:56 PM

But would be a sucky mayor

by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2021 11:58 PM

Absolute shit choices. The lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 168May 13, 2021 3:13 AM

Ms. Garcia is starting to look like someone I will vote for. She may be woke like some of the others, but she balances it out with being pragmatic. Running the Sanitation System of NYC is not a place where a lot of the woke hang out in their career, so she knows what hard work means and that most people should work, even if it is picking up trash before getting their govt money. It keeps them busy during the day and tired and night and out of trouble most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 169May 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Garcia is woke?

by Anonymousreply 170May 13, 2021 12:10 PM

How perfect Garcia would be for NYC, since she's used to dealing with garbage.

by Anonymousreply 171May 13, 2021 12:14 PM

Garcia is liberal, but I wouldn't describe her as particularly woke. In the NYTimes interview she describes herself as a "practical progressive." Her answers back that up too. For example:

Q: But your first-term goal is to house 50 percent of that street homeless population. Why is it acceptable for 50 percent of the street homeless population to still be homeless at the end of your first term?

A: I believe that this is what is achievable in terms of looking and digging into the numbers of what I can get produced in the first term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 13, 2021 2:21 PM

Garcia is hands-down the most qualified candidate of the bunch. Unfortunately she doesn't have celebrity status in NY politics.

I'm planning on putting her on my preferred list.

by Anonymousreply 173May 13, 2021 2:36 PM

^ That's the benefit of ranked choice voting, by the way. You get to put your preferred candidate first and then put someone in down the line who is more likely to win. It allows people to vote for who they want without the fear of wasting your vote.

by Anonymousreply 174May 13, 2021 3:19 PM

The first mayoral debate is tonight. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 13, 2021 3:32 PM

How did it go?

by Anonymousreply 176May 14, 2021 12:06 PM

NY Times scores:

Eric Adams 6.2/10

Shaun Donovan 4.8/10

Kathryn Garcia 6.7/10

Raymond J. McGuire 6.0/10

Dianne Morales 6.0/10

Scott M. Stringer 6.2/10

Maya Wiley 7.3/10

Andrew Yang 6.3/10

Maya Wiley wins!!!

by Anonymousreply 177May 14, 2021 12:15 PM

^ That's from this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Here's a summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Maya Wiley was the most articulate speaker. Too bad her policies are looney and she'd be even worse than DeBlasio.

Eric Adams and Andy Yang were the best overall. Since Datalounge seems to hate Eric Adams, he's obviously the best candidate and my vote goes to him.

by Anonymousreply 180May 14, 2021 1:22 PM

I wasn't impressed by Wiley. She's a good speaker and was articulate in making jabs at other candidates, but I don't think she made a good case for why she should be mayor. I actually thought Morales did a better job of articulating a progressive vision for the city, even if most of what she said isn't really achievable. Adams was better than I expected, particularly on defending the role of police, but he really needs to keep his ego in check. Maguire, Stringer, and Garcia were all fine, but didn't seem to say very much. Though of the three, Garcia had the most detailed plans (unsurprisingly). Yang was underwhelming as usual and for someone with a big idea during the presidential election, seems to have very few concrete ideas for the city. Donovan was just embarrassingly bad. He rambled on about his past experience with Obama at every turn, but didn't say a single thing about what he'd do as mayor. And he was woefully underprepared for the obvious questions about his dad's PAC donations.

by Anonymousreply 181May 14, 2021 2:16 PM

Go Maya Rudolph!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 182May 16, 2021 3:43 PM

Donovan was my choice but then he slipped up to say the average cost of a home in Brooklyn is 1 hundred grand.

That figure is what homes SHOULD cost but do not since around 1996. The slipup exposed him as a carpet bagger who isn't attuned to the city.

Scott Stringer was a guest on WNYC two weeks ago, he had to spend 20 minutes discussing the sexual harassment accusations. This is why people just resign when they are accused, it's a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 183May 16, 2021 3:53 PM

Garcia also gets the Daily News endorsement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 16, 2021 4:48 PM

More reasons not to vote for Eric Adams. It seems that now that Adams is the frontrunner, the gloves are about to come off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2021 3:57 AM

R185 I’ve said it before but I would just never trust a former police officer, period. The mentality, the corruption, the list goes on. That’s not how we make safety a priority (and obviously defund the police isn’t either)

by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2021 4:36 AM

Adams or Wiley, R186? You're getting a black mayor, so which one will it be?

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2021 9:30 AM

R187 A lot of the posters here have insisted that the media would push for a Black mayor, but with the exception of the fascist NY Post, all the papers have supported Garcia. It's not a shoo in at all that we'll get one, no matter how much they try to coerce the public.

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2021 12:59 PM

Yang is calling for Adams to be investigated for his campaign financial violations that are similar to de Blasio's. This will drive home the fact that Adams is just de Blasio 2.0.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2021 1:03 PM

I've said it before and now again: I've worked with Adams closely on several projects and he is not in the slightest bit homophobic. He's always been supportive of me and any other gays in his organization. He's a very kind man --a vegan who cares about animals as well as people -- and he would make a good mayor.

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2021 2:13 PM

More reasons not to vote for Adams. Refusing to accept the results of an election is Trumpian behavior that must be condemned widely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 23, 2021 9:01 PM

Maya Wiley is another Lori Lightfoot, RUN RUN RUN away from this crazy lady who is part of the DeBlasio corruption team.

by Anonymousreply 192May 23, 2021 9:03 PM

Look what your current mayor is doing instead of dealing with the crime and health issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 25, 2021 5:00 PM

More Trump supporters support Eric Adams. Let's not, NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 28, 2021 1:27 AM

Yang is 100% right here:

[Quote] Speaking to supporters, Yang said Mayor Bill de Blasio has been working behind the scenes to help Adams get elected. "Eric Adams is not going to say a word about Mayor de Blasio squandering our resources," Yang said. "Eric Adams is business as usual and New York City needs a new kind of leadership, and that's why I'm going to beat Eric Adams at the polls."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 2, 2021 12:44 AM

Eric Adams is thuggy and corrupt. He's just getting what he can.

I have a friend in business who does corporate liaison work with government agencies. When dealing with Eric Adams he openly asked how one can work around laws.

He says the quiet part out loud at least.

by Anonymousreply 196June 2, 2021 12:53 AM

R195 exactly. Why are NYers insistent on making the same mistakes over and over

by Anonymousreply 197June 2, 2021 4:51 AM

No one ever accused New Yorkers of being smart when it comes to political choices, R197. " Follies" casting - sure. Electing good representatives - no.

by Anonymousreply 198June 2, 2021 5:29 AM

It's becoming more obvious that Eric Adams is who de Blasio is backing, even if it's only off the record. If the race comes down to Yang and Adams, DLers should vote for Yang, period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 2, 2021 9:28 PM

Here's an idea: let's not vote for either of them.

Garcia deserves major consideration, but virtually any other candidate is better than Adams or Yang.

by Anonymousreply 200June 2, 2021 9:31 PM

^ That's the UFT position and it's a stupid one. Is there a chance Garcia could come out on top? Sure. However, it's very unlikely that she's going to do so. The winner is going to have to pull together a diverse coalition of voters in order to stake out victory in our ranked choice system. Garcia's appeal is very limited. Without stronger Black and Latino support, she stands no chance of winning, no matter how competent she purports herself to be. Unless someone rallies at the last second, it's going to come down to those two, so voters should have one of them as their top 5 to fend off the other one. In my view, Yang is the better option, even if he isn't the ideal option. So, he's my #5 choice and he should be everyone else's here as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 2, 2021 10:38 PM

I know you all hate Maya Wiley, but this is a strong ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 3, 2021 12:45 AM

Maya is for Defunding the police and letting Undocumented Vote. Caveat emptor.

by Anonymousreply 203June 3, 2021 12:52 AM

I thought Yang was ovah. DL said so.

by Anonymousreply 204June 3, 2021 12:58 AM

R203 Is the ad wrong? No. It speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 205June 3, 2021 1:29 PM

R203 - You mean Wiley wants to let ILLEGAL immigrants vote.

by Anonymousreply 206June 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Donovan. Stringer, or Yang, pls.

by Anonymousreply 207June 3, 2021 2:26 PM

R196 has a "friend" who knows that Adams works around laws.

That's just crap. I do work with Adams, and he's a thoroughly decent and good man. Hardly perfect, and sometimes you barely understand what he's trying to say, and he can often give the impression he's miles away in his head - but he is as honest, or more so, than any other politician I've ever worked with. (I will say that if you live on the Upper West Side, you have a chance to vote for the most honest politician in the country, as far as I can tell -- Gale Brewer).

Also, as a gay man, I've never worked with a politician for whom my gayness was completely irrelevant (ie: it wasn't just that it didn't matter, he never once tried to use it to his advantage politically).

by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2021 2:39 PM

maya is now playing the mom card.

by Anonymousreply 209June 4, 2021 9:01 AM

I like Adams enough. We need some law and order in the Big Apple. It ain’t happening the way we are going at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 210June 4, 2021 9:07 AM

That’s good to hear, r208. There’s something holding me back with Adams. I’ve been leaning towards Garcia, but Adams seems like the total package.

I also like Brewer. She shows up for everything, she’s a goddamn workhorse and I get the feeling that she really serves the people of this city, rather than her own self.

by Anonymousreply 211June 4, 2021 10:21 AM

This is one of the best threads I've ever started because it has allowed me to find and put on block a whole list of reich wing trolls. Topics like this are like moths to a flame for trolls.

by Anonymousreply 212June 4, 2021 1:53 PM

Yang hits out of the park here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 4, 2021 1:57 PM

Eric Adams chickens out of the upcoming debate. Pussy ass bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 8, 2021 8:02 PM

R214 because he’s a fucking corrupt POS. Haven’t we had enough of that?

by Anonymousreply 215June 8, 2021 8:06 PM

Evidently not, according to the polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 8, 2021 8:08 PM

Adams is a Black former policeman and former Republican. If anyone can bridge the gap between the Black community and the cops in NYC it's him.

I'm voting on that alone.

by Anonymousreply 217June 8, 2021 8:21 PM

I was originally supportive of Adams, but the more I read about and see of him, the less inclined I am to even include him in my top 5. After 4 years with the orange POS, all of the corruption allegations and his general condescending attitude toward his critics aren't something I want to deal with. I really hope it goes to Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 218June 8, 2021 8:52 PM

Every time I sour on Adams, he pulls me back. This time, it’s because he slaps at Maya Wiley living in a neighborhood with private security patrol. Calls her a hypocrite.

Hot damn, that’s a good one. Because it is.

But generally, I think he has a hot temper and lacks impulse control.

by Anonymousreply 219June 8, 2021 9:15 PM

The Yang bros, probably none of whom live in New York City, are really at it going against Adams.

Only makes me want to vote for Adams even more.

by Anonymousreply 220June 8, 2021 10:21 PM

I only voted for him as my second choice but Yang does have a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 221June 8, 2021 10:28 PM

Meanwhile, which neighborhood does Eric Adams really live in? Who knows!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 8, 2021 10:58 PM

He doesn't even live in the state he wants to run as mayor. What the fuck is he even doing in this race? Drop the fuck out, Eric.

by Anonymousreply 223June 8, 2021 11:14 PM

definitely not maya wiley.

she wants to defund the police 👮‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 224June 9, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote]He doesn't even live in the state he wants to run as mayor.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 225June 9, 2021 3:59 PM

R223's grammar is a good indication that he's either a Russian bot of some sort, or a mentally challenged Yang-bro.

by Anonymousreply 226June 9, 2021 4:12 PM

Eric Adams is pulling a reverse Bloomberg. He's a Republican but no R is getting elected Mayor in NYC after the Orange Afterbirth, so he's running in the Democratic primary. If he gets the nomination, I expect one or even more of the defeated candidates to run in November on different ballot lines. Remember, the November election is still First Past the Post, and you can run on multiple ballot lines due to electoral fusion. The Democratic primary is not the end of this. It's only the beginning.

Oh, and Andrew Yang sucks.

by Anonymousreply 227June 9, 2021 4:23 PM

I honestly wish Hillary would run. And I'm not even a huge fan, but she'd be better than any of these fools running.

I hate everyone running

by Anonymousreply 228June 9, 2021 4:27 PM

I have no problem with voting for Adams. But then I'm a former Republican who switched to the Democrats under Trump. I purposely vote in the primaries for the most conservative candidate. You guys need me to save your asses from you extremely active left wing.

Buttigieg in the last presidential primary if you must ask.

by Anonymousreply 229June 9, 2021 6:37 PM

Eric Adams has pathetic, corrupt surrogates making excuses for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2021 8:18 PM

Laurie Cumbo is a corrupt city council person who represents Brooklyn despite living in Staten Island. She and the city are being sued for millions for using her power to arrest a critic of hers at Medgar Evans College and having her suspended, despite no violation of the university's rules. This is the type of person you should expect to be employed in an Eric Adams administration. This is why you should not rank him at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Eric Adams just recently had his surrogates violently attack protestors who showed up to a campaign rally to protest his desire to privatize public schools. Very dangerous man. Don't rank him on your ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 9, 2021 8:21 PM

I wasn't sure who to vote for, but now I'll be sure to vote for Adams. The fact that the Datalounge De Belasio-loving-mob doesn't like him is all I need to know. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 233June 9, 2021 8:24 PM

The more the Yang-bros pour on their Adams-hate, the more DLers are going to vote for Adams.

Hey bros, you're being way too obvious. Try a little subtlety,

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2021 8:34 PM

R233 - Typical bright NY voter, which is why you regularly have abortions as political leaders.

by Anonymousreply 235June 9, 2021 8:35 PM

I live in Chicago and I got my ballot by mail to vote in the NY election and the CA election too. I LOVE mail in voting.

by Anonymousreply 236June 9, 2021 8:40 PM

He seems perfect for New York:

It was a curious start to the political career of Eric Adams, now Brooklyn’s borough president and one of the top contenders for mayor of New York City. Adams has led a more peripatetic political life than most: he has been, at times, a strident Farrakhan supporter and a registered Republican, a gadfly reviled by the establishment and a canny backroom operator. In the years since defending Farrakhan, Adams has forged strong relationships with Brooklyn’s Orthodox Jewish community.

Last month, Adams garnered several days of citywide news coverage for declaring certain New Yorkers should “go back” to Iowa and Ohio, implying out-of-towners were responsible for the city’s rapid gentrification. Last week, he raised eyebrows again when he promised he would forego his security detail if elected mayor, and carry his own gun.

His remarks drew criticism and introduced many New Yorkers beyond Brooklyn to the Adams approach to messaging, which has remained remarkably consistent despite his roving ideology.

“He took pleasure, then as he does now, in shocking people,” said Andrew Kirtzman, a political consultant and author who covered Adams as a journalist in the 1990’s.

Adams told the News that he believed Democrats had failed the black community and “there are a large number of closet black Republicans in the city, and if you take a close look at some of the concepts of the Republican Party, you’ll see that many of them are our values.”

In 1999, Adams was self-identifying as a “conservative” Republican. The allegiance to the GOP ended in the new millennium, when Adams, back in the Democratic fold, secured the support of party power brokers to run for an open State Senate seat in 2006. Facing nominal opposition, Adams easily won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 9, 2021 9:47 PM

R236 is currently one of the morons looking for "bamboo."

I'm actually embarrassed for you if you legitimately believe in voter fraud. If you're just mocking them, good job.

by Anonymousreply 238June 9, 2021 9:50 PM

R235 He's not a typical NY voter. He's a MAGAT. He's on my ignore troll list.

by Anonymousreply 239June 9, 2021 10:29 PM

The rights against searches and seizure are protected by the 4th Amendment, not the 1st Amendment.

What a jackass!

by Anonymousreply 240June 9, 2021 10:57 PM

That video r232 posted is an older Asian woman moving another woman’s sign and then the woman. It wasn’t very violent.

by Anonymousreply 241June 9, 2021 11:20 PM

^ Thats not how the protestor would describe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

Which candidate wants to keep NYC safe by supporting the NYPD?

Which candidate wants to keep the city’s economy solvent by eliminating welfare programs that attract deadbeats from all over the country while simultaneously taxing the working class out of the city?

Which candidate wants to end political corruption and waste?

If the Democratic Party offers a candidate like that, he’d get my vote.

by Anonymousreply 243June 10, 2021 12:25 PM

R237- STOP pitching

by Anonymousreply 244June 10, 2021 12:37 PM

^ Who the fuck would want to support the NYPD? They are awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 10, 2021 12:37 PM

R243 That's basically a Republican candidate. No one wants that here.

by Anonymousreply 246June 10, 2021 12:38 PM

"That's basically a Republican candidate. No one wants that here."

Then the city should have a Republican mayor, since the Dems have done such a great job.

by Anonymousreply 247June 10, 2021 1:34 PM

Adams is that Republican candidate and he needs to win. Wiley is second place today, after AOC 's endorsement.

Wiley would be the death of New York City.

by Anonymousreply 248June 10, 2021 2:32 PM

R247 No more Republicans. They have done enough to ruin the country for one lifetime.

I hope this scandal finally sinks Adams for good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 10, 2021 4:57 PM

Honestly, I'm mostly sick of seeing fat and obese NYPD. Why are there no enforced guidelines for these hippos?

by Anonymousreply 250June 10, 2021 6:48 PM

Watch the debate at 7:00 tonight. I’ve got my popcorn ready.

Maya Wiley is a sneaky cunt. Sneakier than Adams and that’s saying something.

I’m voting Garcia first because she’s that white trash coworker who gets shit done.

by Anonymousreply 251June 10, 2021 6:52 PM

Yang graduated from Phillips Exeter Academy, attended Brown University and Columbia Law School and is entitled to a full tuition refund. He's not intelligent or articulate.

by Anonymousreply 252June 10, 2021 7:19 PM

The Post says to vote for Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 10, 2021 7:36 PM

The NYPD may be lazy fat slobs, but the criminals are worse. Maybe we should have a mayor who will whip the PD in to shape. I’m tired of blatant law breaking in this city. I pay a couple hundred thousand in income taxes and around 30K in property taxes every year. I get very little in return.

by Anonymousreply 254June 10, 2021 8:11 PM

I always said Rudy's greatest accomplishment was forcing the police to go from working 5% of their time on duty to 30%.

by Anonymousreply 255June 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Does Yang think he's too good to first start by being on city councils?

I've had enough of these arrogant assholes who immediately punch above their weight. Go fucking run for Borough president, you tourist shit.

by Anonymousreply 256June 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Anybody but Wylie but I do find Adams kind of charming.

by Anonymousreply 257June 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Wiley!

by Anonymousreply 258June 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Wiley is beautiful and glamorous. She doesn't have a good speaking voice. DeBlasio is an attention whoring loud mouth but he speaks well and at ease in public.

by Anonymousreply 259June 10, 2021 11:29 PM

Maya Wiley is as glamorous and beautiful as a Women’s Studies professor can possibly be, with her Eileen Fisher wardrobe and abalone shell earrings.

It’s a stiff competition who makes my flesh crawl harder; her or Stringer. They’re creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 260June 10, 2021 11:39 PM

Adams and Yang seem like nicer people. Who knows how good they’d be as Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 261June 10, 2021 11:40 PM

Is Kathryn Garcia a smoker?

by Anonymousreply 262June 10, 2021 11:47 PM

Adams is at the debate. Wiley won't pledge to let police keep carrying guns!

As someone said on DL, she's the creepy Women's Studies professor who wants to be mayor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 11, 2021 12:21 AM

Wiley's speech patterns are extremely annoying. She overemphasizes words for no reason and usually sounds like she's lecturing a 4 year old.

by Anonymousreply 264June 11, 2021 3:09 AM

[quote]Maybe we should have a mayor who will whip the PD in to shape

If that were only possible. The PD, in many ways, has more power than the Mayor.

[quote]Adams is that Republican candidate and he needs to win. Wiley is second place today, after AOC 's endorsement

That Eric Adams totally lives in the city ... and that's totally not his son's apartment ... stunt soured me on him for good. If he's pulling that con now I can only imagine what he'll do when he has real power.

by Anonymousreply 265June 11, 2021 3:42 AM

[Quote] The PD, in many ways, has more power than the Mayor.

The mayor is in on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 11, 2021 5:37 PM

R264, female politicians have to be very very careful about their voices. Voices are overlooked. And perhaps it’s sexist of me, but I don’t care. (I am a woman.)

Women in power have to strike the right balance. Any hint of scolding or patronizing, and they alienate people. I don’t think those people even realize what they’re reacting to. If I could give any advice to any female politician, I’d encourage them to work with a voice coach to modulate their voice.

Wiley also has a southern twang that I find especially grating. Bitch, you’re not a New Yorker.

And to be fair, Stringer’s voice makes my flesh crawl. I have a visceral reaction to him. He’s a creep.

by Anonymousreply 267June 11, 2021 9:02 PM

Anyone but Wiley!

by Anonymousreply 268June 11, 2021 11:57 PM

Eric Adams wants to continue remote learning with teachers teaching 300-400 students at a time. Pure insanity! Don't rank Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 12, 2021 1:44 AM

Agree OP he’s a corrupted and racist homophobe. He’s done nothing impressive

by Anonymousreply 270June 12, 2021 1:51 AM

Eric Adams tried to deflect from his bullshit idea and claim he meant 30-40 kids per teacher, rather than 300-400, but that's [italic] still [/italic] too many. Don't vote for Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 13, 2021 9:38 PM

Also found an Adams boosting DLer on Twitter LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 13, 2021 9:38 PM

Voted for Garcia #1, then Stringer (who's boring and non-telegenic), the Wiley, Donovan (anyone but Adams) and ok, Yang (again to override Adams).

by Anonymousreply 273June 13, 2021 9:42 PM

Aside from her voice, Wiley pisses me off because she always talks about her two kids but never mentions their father. You know the guy she lives with and who pays the bills for the private security in Brooklyn. He doesn’t’ exist I guess because he’s rich, white and Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 274June 13, 2021 9:47 PM

I wouldn't vote for this guy, but TBH, posts like this one make me want to run out and vote for him just to spite OP. It's like those "If you don't like and share this, you hate everyone with cancer" posts my great-grandmother posts on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 275June 13, 2021 9:54 PM

Interesting how much DL hates Adams, the moderate black with actual governing experience.

by Anonymousreply 276June 13, 2021 11:01 PM

former Republican now Democrat come lately, besides being black, too

by Anonymousreply 277June 13, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote]Interesting how much DL hates Adams, the moderate black with actual governing experience.

I'm usually the person posting this sort of thing on other threads but a lot of people, including black people, dislike Adams off of Datalounge. His policies on policing, his 300-400 kids in a classroom and his response (lie) to whether or not he lives in NYC put a lot of people off.

The real problem is that the media didn't decide to really investigate him until basically "the last minute" after they spent so much time ripping apart Yang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 13, 2021 11:51 PM

If you want safety, vote Adams or Garcia or Yang.

do NOT VOTE Wiley or Morales, they want to DEFUND the police.

by Anonymousreply 279June 14, 2021 12:42 AM

R279, agree.

Also, Manhattan District Attorney is crucial for public safety. Liz Crotty is the ONLY one who wants some law and order around this town. And she’s family.

by Anonymousreply 280June 14, 2021 11:33 AM

actually Tali Fahredian Weinstein (however you spell it) is probably the smartest and the toughest on crime while also being fair.

by Anonymousreply 281June 14, 2021 5:27 PM

R281 and clearly has the most money behind her. Her commercials are on every 5 seconds. I haven’t even seen anyone else’s.

by Anonymousreply 282June 14, 2021 5:42 PM

Tali is smart as a whip, but she’s out of touch with real people. Her “I received death threats when I was pregnant” doesn’t sway me. Her husband is a bazillionaire and she’s a pampered princess.

Crotty grew up in Stuy town and gets it. I’ve been on her town halls and I like her policies. Admittedly I don’t know anything about Tali’s, even though I see her ads nonstop.

Tali is my #2, though.

by Anonymousreply 283June 14, 2021 6:28 PM

My husband has been campaigning outside a Manhattan polling place (not for a mayoral candidate). He said, among the women he’s spoken with, they are overwhelmingly voting for Garcia. But that’s not a scientific poll or anything. We think it’s because they’re worried about public safety and she’s not all “DEFUND! EMPTY RIKERS!”

by Anonymousreply 284June 14, 2021 6:32 PM

Eric Adams is faking living in the city. He wants to bring back stop and frisk which didn't even work! Crime kept falling after deblasio got rid of it. And he thinks kids should be in 400 person Zoom classes. He's bad at this. Eric Adams is don't rank for me.

by Anonymousreply 285June 14, 2021 6:34 PM

I already voted for Adams and I'm happy I did it, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 286June 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Adams seems dimwitted and not very bright; that, coupled with corruption accusations, eliminates him from my list.

I'm a Yangster.

by Anonymousreply 287June 14, 2021 8:43 PM

It looks like Adams is going to win. And he deserves to win as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 14, 2021 8:58 PM

The ANGRY black man deserves to win?

by Anonymousreply 289June 14, 2021 9:00 PM

Does de Blasio have to blatantly come out and say he's supporting Adams or is this enough for you all to get it? Don't rank Adams if you want to avoid a third term of de Blasio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 15, 2021 12:11 AM

This will end in tears (for NYC).

by Anonymousreply 291June 15, 2021 11:09 AM

Why would DeBlasio back Adams?

by Anonymousreply 292June 15, 2021 11:38 AM

He wants to claim his place as the greatest of mayors and knows that Adams will be destroyed by scandal.

by Anonymousreply 293June 15, 2021 1:43 PM

The thing is to be telling your friends that, regardless of which unwinnable candidate they rank first, they put Garcia second or third (and ahead of Adams and/or Yang). Garcia can easily win this election, but people need to understand this system is as much about who they don't rank/rank low as it is first choice.

by Anonymousreply 294June 15, 2021 2:33 PM

R294, wait what?

Ranked choice is absolutely bullshit. I’m putting Garcia first and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 295June 15, 2021 2:38 PM

Garcia and Wiley are best. I can't imagine putting Adams top. He's a fool.

by Anonymousreply 296June 15, 2021 2:39 PM

Ranked choice is about eliminating extremists from getting in; Trump, for example, would never have won the Republican primaries 5 years ago with ranked choice because so many voters would have left him off ballots, and some other centrist would have, by the last round, passed him.

I'm also putting Garcia first, but I'm trying to tell my friends insistent on voting for Stringer or Wiley that they should be ranking Garcia high behind them (cause that's how ranked choice works once your preferred candidate is eliminated).

by Anonymousreply 297June 15, 2021 2:45 PM

Voter turnout is low so far. Bad news for Yang and good news for Wiley. Manhattan also has the highest amount of voters, which is good news for Garcia, though Brooklyn is catching up. Absentee and election day votes will tell a more complete picture, but I have a feeling Adams will lose once all the votes are ranked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 15, 2021 6:20 PM

Eric Adams is so salty over that Matt Skidmore account on Twitter doing damage to his campaign, that he's filing a pathetic campaign violation complaint against Yang for it. Desperate loser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]Eric Adams is faking living in the city. He wants to bring back stop and frisk which didn't even work! Crime kept falling after deblasio got rid of it

Your logic is spurious. Stop and Frisk did in fact work as crime wen down a ton. The fact that it kept going down after DeBlasio stopped it doesn't mean it didn't actually work. In fact, it coudl mean that it worked so well that that it had a pervasive impact long after it was initially being done.

And while everyone loves to say how it was "racist," the facts are that poverty/crime is associated more with Black and Latino neighobrhoods so that is the reason more black and latino people were stopped, because they lived in high crime/poorer areas.

by Anonymousreply 300June 15, 2021 6:39 PM

R298- You say Adams will lose. But who will win?

by Anonymousreply 301June 15, 2021 7:27 PM

Adams has the same shady connections to NYC real estate as Trump did. Him being black doesn't make him a saint. I mean he's making the same appeals to 'law and order' that republicans do. With Yang at least NYC gets a bit of a fresh start.

by Anonymousreply 302June 15, 2021 7:33 PM

Adams will pull big in Brooklyn. Older Blacks and the Democratic machine there will work for him. I got an old Black lady (she had the voice) phoning me the other for Adams. I told I already voted for him. Those numbers look pretty good for Adams.

I'm mixed race, Native and white but am an eldergay and vote like an old Black person on the whole. Did support Buttigieg as gay but was very happy Joe got the nod.

by Anonymousreply 303June 15, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] The fact that it kept going down after DeBlasio stopped it doesn't mean it didn't actually work.

Well, they found some guns and drugs. Sure. It could be you weren't listening to WNYC as much as I was. NYPD was doing hundreds of thousands of totally random stops. There was crazy number crunching at the height of this suggesting EVERY black man in the city between 20-40 in a 2 year period was stopped randomly an average of 1.33 times by the police. That's not community relations, ok?

by Anonymousreply 304June 15, 2021 11:12 PM

I might not have that stat exactly right here's one "Stop-and-frisk peaked in 2011, when NYPD officers made nearly 700,000 stops."

by Anonymousreply 305June 15, 2021 11:17 PM

Yeah and it worked. Crime went down.

by Anonymousreply 306June 16, 2021 12:08 AM

Whomever you choose, you'll hate that person within a couple of months, and we'll be subjected to numerous DL threads about what's wrong with that person.

by Anonymousreply 307June 16, 2021 12:11 AM

R307 All the candidates suck. It's just that Eric Adams sucks the most.

by Anonymousreply 308June 16, 2021 12:51 AM

I hope it's not Maya.

Eric is so stupid, he wants 1 teacher to teach 300 to 400 students! And then he claimed he said, "30-40". But he told another news outlet 300-400. He tells bold face lies.

by Anonymousreply 309June 16, 2021 2:46 AM

He's gonna be useless like dinkins

by Anonymousreply 310June 16, 2021 2:47 AM

Big jump in early voting today, the most so far since it started. 21,000 people in a day. Brooklyn has now surpassed Manhattan in votes, which is alarming. The other boroughs have abysmal turnout. Please consider voting early if you haven't already. Not only will it make it more likely that the city will keep it, but it will help to bump out Adams who has a strong ground game in turning out the vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311June 16, 2021 3:14 AM

Someone pointed out some good news at least. Manhattan's big turnout per capita may be a big boost for Garcia when the rankings are done, even if Eric Adams leads in the initial results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 16, 2021 3:18 AM

NYT says Blackx are torn as to whether to vote Adams or Wiley when 40+% are voting Adams and 11% for Wiley. Four times as much, hardly torn. 70 % Black New Yorkers against defunding the police. The Times is a shit rag.

I just convinced a friend of mine to vote Adams cause "that's the one Black voters are supporting."

Suck it, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 313June 16, 2021 10:45 AM

Useless like Dinkins. Not useless like Deblasio. Interesting comparison.

by Anonymousreply 314June 16, 2021 12:21 PM

R314 De Blasio got his start in Dinkins' administration. Dinkins is the reason we have de Blasio in the first place. The uselessness permeated from one failed mayor to the next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 16, 2021 2:06 PM

Dinkins should have been called STINKINS

by Anonymousreply 316June 16, 2021 2:07 PM

We need someone who cares more about New York City than his own political gain. Of course defunding the police, taxing businesses out of the city, giving homeless free housing in tourist areas are all terrible for the city, but that’s what sells.

by Anonymousreply 317June 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Defunding the police does not sell in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 318June 16, 2021 2:56 PM

Are you referring to light-skinned blackx or dark-skinned blackx, R313?

by Anonymousreply 319June 16, 2021 3:09 PM

De Blasio goes out publicly to bat for Eric Adams, albeit subtley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 16, 2021 5:53 PM

Vote for the deBlasio stooge!

by Anonymousreply 321June 16, 2021 6:13 PM

It's been reported Mayor Bill is supporting Eric which is reason enough not to vote for him,

by Anonymousreply 322June 16, 2021 6:40 PM

Adams will bankrupt NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2021 12:26 AM

Garcia. Period.

by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2021 12:50 AM

I wonder if de Blasio's supposed backhanded endorsement is meant to sink Adams.

by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2021 11:38 AM

R325, that endorsement puzzles me, too. Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2021 3:18 PM

He's either trying to undermine Adams or perhaps more likely he's just an ass clown who makes no sense. I tend actually toward the second as he thought he could be president. Fucking ass clown de Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2021 3:21 PM

Garcia beats Adams in this poll when the rankings are done. This is the best we can hope for at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2021 7:51 PM

2 of the 3 recent polls show Garcia coming out on top. Hopefully this is enough to stop Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2021 8:24 PM

I voted for Stringer, Wiley and Garcia. I should have put Yang after, just in case. Anyone but Adams, who is really a repub.

by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2021 8:33 PM

Tell your friends to rank Garcia high (even if she's not their first choice). That's how we'll prevent Adams (or Yang) from happening (and the bonus: we may get a good mayor out of the deal).

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2021 8:37 PM

R331- I'll cross my fingers that Garcia wins.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2021 11:13 PM

García needs a more polished look, the orange hair is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2021 11:23 PM

Really damning article on Eric Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 18, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] Yeah and it worked. Crime went down.

And it kept going down even when they got rid of it altogether. Kinda my point. Turning NYC into a police state wasn't the best approach IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 335June 18, 2021 1:51 AM

R333, the nameplate is trashy, too.

She was in my neighborhood recently and a woman friend said she needed her hair done, and a good pair of Spanx. I think the nameplate is godawful, but it might appeal to certain demographics, and might be calculated.

by Anonymousreply 336June 18, 2021 11:05 AM

More stories on Adams' corruption. Hopefully this is enough to persuade the on the fence voters not to rank him on their ballots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 18, 2021 1:54 PM

Even more stories on Adams' corruption are coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 18, 2021 5:17 PM

The left wing media is throwing everything at Adams. They want Miley to win. These are minor things or will be perceived as such.

by Anonymousreply 339June 18, 2021 5:22 PM

I'm a lefty and t am voting for Adams -- he's the only candidate who seems to understand the city, both the good and the bad, and the only one with the kind of urban governance experience we need. Not wild about everything he's done, but then, the others seem worse (except Stringer, who seems to be genuinely a good guy but doesn't have the fortitude to handle the job -- and of course, he's recently been accused of sexual misconduct).

by Anonymousreply 340June 18, 2021 5:30 PM

Oh, please. Adams is a sleazy party hack.

by Anonymousreply 341June 18, 2021 7:22 PM

R341-He comes across as a bit THUG and GHETTO to me.

by Anonymousreply 342June 18, 2021 7:29 PM

R342 is posting from the Women's Republican Club in midtown.

And is aroused by Adams

by Anonymousreply 343June 18, 2021 8:03 PM

R342, same. He sounds like a dummy, like Tracy Morgan’s character on “30 Rock”. Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 344June 18, 2021 9:29 PM

LOL This endorsement for Eric Adams has big loser energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 18, 2021 9:47 PM

Adams seems like the type of person who should be mayor of a CRAPPY city like Detroit or Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 346June 18, 2021 11:14 PM

No, he'll be mayor of a crappy hellhole called New York City.

by Anonymousreply 347June 18, 2021 11:45 PM

R347- Are you saying NYC already is a hellhole or that he'll make it a hellhole

by Anonymousreply 348June 18, 2021 11:53 PM

Adams got rid of those terrific free concerts Marty Markowitz had for years near Coney Island. Adams was instrumental in building in indoor venue, but the concerts aren't free anymore, as promised.

I even put down Donovan on my 4th choice to keep out Adams and put Yang as 5th (not that I want Yang). I'm hoping Garcia wins.

by Anonymousreply 349June 19, 2021 12:00 AM

I'm praying this serves as the knockout blow that takes down Eric Adams once and for all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 19, 2021 1:44 AM

"Are you saying NYC already is a hellhole or that he'll make it a hellhole"

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 351June 19, 2021 12:17 PM

Love him. He’s a real NYer. Yang isnt.

by Anonymousreply 352June 19, 2021 12:29 PM

Adams winning would be kind of fun. He’s quite the character. I’ll go with anyone but Wiley. Imagine 4 years of that voice and big bird vibe.

Garcia and Yang are smart to team up.

by Anonymousreply 353June 19, 2021 12:33 PM

They need to. Adams was beating them for most of the time. Yang is terrible.

Imagine running away from the city you’re running to lead when things got tough.

by Anonymousreply 354June 19, 2021 12:35 PM

No candidate is perfect. Adams is by far the most charismatic and might be what this dying city needs. Yang seems socially awkward and I don’t trust him.

by Anonymousreply 355June 19, 2021 12:44 PM

Yang has been outed as homophobic by people who worked for him

by Anonymousreply 356June 19, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote]Yang has been outed as homophobic by people who worked for him

He comes off as a try hard, desperate to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 357June 19, 2021 12:50 PM

And then ran away when things got tough. No thanks.

He literally never stepped foot in the city throughout the pandemic until recently

by Anonymousreply 358June 19, 2021 12:59 PM

R355- Adam's being CORRUPT makes him charismatic ?

by Anonymousreply 359June 19, 2021 1:57 PM

Eric Adams sounds like Tracy Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 360June 19, 2021 2:00 PM

Yang is corrupt v

by Anonymousreply 361June 19, 2021 2:05 PM

Agree with Op and please DO NOT VOTE FOR COREY JOHNSON to be comptroller -- he has no education... don't put this irresponsible moron in charge of the $$$

by Anonymousreply 362June 19, 2021 2:10 PM

You are OP

He has an education

by Anonymousreply 363June 19, 2021 2:11 PM

I'm not OP... and no he doesn't

by Anonymousreply 364June 19, 2021 2:12 PM

He does.

by Anonymousreply 365June 19, 2021 2:15 PM

Adams is seething over the fact that Yang is teaming up with Garcia to campaign together today to take him down. He goes full out racist because he fears the tag team will work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 19, 2021 7:37 PM

Yang isn’t a person of color?

by Anonymousreply 367June 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen, but if he wins, Adams would be the first mayor to be taken from Gracie Mansion in handcuffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 19, 2021 7:43 PM

Baby dolls and bullets. That video’s hilarious, Op!

by Anonymousreply 369June 19, 2021 7:49 PM

Yang is not a person of color. Only black people are "persons of color." It's the height of arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 370June 19, 2021 8:03 PM

LOL This is rich coming from a Sharpton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2021 12:55 AM

Sickening and Trump-like^^.

by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2021 1:07 AM

Corey Johnson spent less than one month in college before dropping out. That's several weeks. He is uneducated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2021 1:18 AM

This is as close to a Trump endorsement as we're gonna get. Ghouliani endorses Adams. Don't rank him if you haven't voted yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2021 1:49 AM

Good lord. ^

by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2021 1:49 AM

LOL Adams deflects from the Ghouliani endorsement by saying he doesn't want it and that he's being endorsed in order to hurt his campaign. It should make people wonder why all these people who he doesn't want endorsing his campaign have been endorsing his campaign enthusiastically. It can't be that Tucker Carlson and Fox News and the Post are all backing him to hurt his campaign. It's because they like and support his message. Don't rank him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2021 2:41 AM

It is hypocritical of him to accept the Post and maybe Carlson but not Giuliani. He should have just said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2021 2:48 AM

I think a seasoned politician, with legitimate connections to businesses and other politicians, is what the city needs right now, wether mildly corrupt or not. He’ll get things done.

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2021 10:54 AM

So a man who has corrupt ties to business and other politicians is acceptable to be mayor, because he can run his corruption game and " get things done"? Would you accept that if he were a Republican ( which he used to be)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2021 11:27 AM

[quote]So a man who has corrupt ties to business and other politicians is acceptable to be mayor,

Not really moving on from Trump, is it.

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2021 1:38 PM

It’s the season of the Trump.

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2021 1:39 PM

It used to be called good graft

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2021 2:16 PM

I’ve known of Adams since he co-founded 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement back in the 90s and casually followed him as he rose in the ranks both in the NYPD and in the political arena, forming contacts and connections along the way.

NYC has a broad and vast constituency and we need an experienced hand charting its course.

by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Not Kathryn Garcia, R383?

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2021 2:43 PM

A hand experienced in corruption. That way he won't have to have a training period. He already knows how to be a crook.

by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Bitch, it's the circus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, the race card. Expect it being played frequently if he is elected.

by Anonymousreply 387June 21, 2021 2:22 AM

More Trump. New York loves Trump, yes?

by Anonymousreply 388June 21, 2021 2:25 AM

Is he the Black Trump? I voted for him bit am not happy with him saying Yang and Garcia are engaged in voter suppression. I ranked those two tho.

by Anonymousreply 389June 21, 2021 2:31 AM

You voted for the black Trump. It’s the season of the Trump.

by Anonymousreply 390June 21, 2021 2:33 AM

I didn't know at the time he was the Black Trump. Rudy had not endorsed him yet.

by Anonymousreply 391June 21, 2021 2:35 AM

[quote] am voting for Adams -- he's the only candidate who seems to understand the city

Is that why he thinks kids should be taught in 400 person zoom classes? Or any of the other absurdities immediately above?

by Anonymousreply 392June 21, 2021 4:44 AM

R366, that’s super pathetic of Adams.

by Anonymousreply 393June 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Thanks R376 for helping me make up my mind. I’d happily take 10 more years of Giuliani than 10 years of that moron De Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 394June 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Giuliani today or Giuliani 20-25 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 395June 21, 2021 11:57 AM

Billionaires want Adams. From the Times:

Steven A. Cohen, the hedge fund billionaire who owns the Mets, donated $500,000 to Mr. Yang’s super PAC and $500,000 to Mr. Adams’s in mid-May, when the two candidates were leading the polls. But as Mr. Yang’s support appeared to wane and Mr. Adams’s grew, Mr. Cohen cut off Mr. Yang and donated another $1 million to Mr. Adams.

A similar trajectory characterizes the giving patterns of Daniel S. Loeb, another hedge fund billionaire and an outspoken supporter of charter schools and former chairman of Success Academy Charter Schools. He donated $500,000 to Mr. Adams’s super PAC and $500,000 to Mr. Yang’s super PAC in mid-May. Three weeks later, as Mr. Adams was cementing his front-runner status, Mr. Loeb gave Mr. Adams’s super PAC another $500,000.

by Anonymousreply 396June 21, 2021 12:33 PM

The billionaires are controlling the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 397June 21, 2021 12:58 PM

Giuliani today is crazy and criminal. He also didn't do anything special on 9/11. There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2021 2:28 PM

R394 Well, with Eric Adams, you'll be getting both, which is why he deserves to lose. They are both awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Adams turned down Guiliani's endorsement in a very public way. It was actually pretty cool. Apparently Moody Rudy had a shit fit when he found out.

by Anonymousreply 400June 21, 2021 4:07 PM

A CORRUPT SLEAZEBALL like Adams would be a perfect mayor for a SHITTY city like Detroit or Camden New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 401June 21, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]Adams turned down Guiliani's endorsement in a very public way.

But he’s fine with the Post, Tucker Carlson, Fox News?

by Anonymousreply 402June 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Anyone but Wiley. If she wins the primary, I’ll vote for Sliwa. (Incidentally, his campaign just ran a float - or some kind of vehicle - up Third Avenue with a bunch of loudspeakers!)

I ranked Maguire and Garcia for 1 and 2 because they know how to make deals. Maguire is smart and serious.

by Anonymousreply 403June 21, 2021 4:30 PM

I ranked Garcia, Stringer, Donovan, Yang, Maguire. I don't even want Yang or Maguire but I'm hoping to block Adams who is totally corrupt and Wiley who I just find insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 404June 21, 2021 4:34 PM

From HuffPo. It looks like a perfect fit for NYC:

Adams has leveraged long-standing relationships with politicians, business people, clergy and union leaders to a career in public office that has been defined by sometimes-outlandish antics, loose ethics, and a savvy nose for the direction political winds are blowing.

“The way he talks, the way he debates ― he is so old-school New York politics,” said Olivia Lapeyrolerie, a Democratic media consultant who used to work for de Blasio.

Another word to describe Adams might be “transactional”: He appears to trade favors for support. As Yang is fond of noting, Adams has been the subject of federal, state and local investigations for alleged violations of campaign finance or ethics laws.

None of the probes has resulted in anything more than a rebuke of Adams’ judgment, though it is clear that he has used his campaign account ― and a nonprofit not subject to contribution limits ― to solicit support from real-estate moguls and other well-connected individuals whose interests he went on to boost while in office.

At the same time, Adams has a unique personality. Faced with a Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis in 2016 that threatened his eyesight, Adams became a vegan and an exercise nut who lost 30 pounds and eliminated his Diabetes symptoms. He meditates every day and writes in a journal; he credits the latter habit for his tendency to refer to himself in the third person.

Although Adams was an outspoken member of a group of Black cops calling for reform within the NYPD, he was also a registered Republican in the late 1990s and suggested that the party had something to offer Black Americans.

by Anonymousreply 405June 21, 2021 4:50 PM

[QUOTE] At the same time, Adams has a unique personality. Faced with a Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis in 2016 that threatened his eyesight, Adams became a vegan and an exercise nut who lost 30 pounds and eliminated his Diabetes symptoms.

That explains the great body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 21, 2021 5:05 PM

I'm voting Adams, Stringer, Wiley, Garcia, Maguire.... I can't deal with Yang.

by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2021 5:15 PM

No Wiley. Nasty creature of privilege who has mooched off of foundations/taxpayers etc for her overpaid livelihood ( yes after a few years of real work as a prosecutor she left for cushy paper jobs).

How dare she tell NYers to defund the police while her multimillionaire husband pays for their private security. Fuck her and Harlan and their millions.

by Anonymousreply 408June 21, 2021 6:12 PM

Eric continues to bloviate all over television about Garcia and "Ann You" Yang teaming up together, calling it racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2021 8:55 PM

This is focusing New York. Great job!

by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2021 9:35 PM

Pull the race card, Eric. Yeah, do it. Anyone who doesn't vote for Adams is a racist. New Yorkers are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2021 10:09 PM

I still have hope Kathryn Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2021 10:11 PM

He said Blacks and Hispanics hate the racist Garcia !

by Anonymousreply 413June 21, 2021 10:18 PM

She's white, so, of course, she's racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 22, 2021 12:22 AM

Well, we live in that era, R414.

by Anonymousreply 415June 22, 2021 12:28 AM

Eric Adams is already pushing his own version of the Big Lie. All of the trolls here who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves. If you haven't voted yet, please vote tomorrow and don't rank this Trump clown clone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 22, 2021 1:28 AM

Here's the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 22, 2021 1:29 AM

He's the man New York deserves.

by Anonymousreply 418June 22, 2021 1:32 AM

A banana republic style election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 22, 2021 5:05 PM

In our NYC banana republic styled elections, the cops campaign for the cop in the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2021 5:07 PM

A cop doing what cops do best: disregarding the rules that stand in the way of getting what they want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 22, 2021 5:08 PM

With Wiley polling second and Adams first I'm back to being happy with voting for Adams.

Literally anyone but Wiley, even a corrupt machine politician.

by Anonymousreply 422June 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Anyone but Wiley or Yang.

by Anonymousreply 423June 22, 2021 8:30 PM

R423- or ADAMS

by Anonymousreply 424June 22, 2021 8:45 PM

Soon that will be Mayor Adams, R424.

by Anonymousreply 425June 22, 2021 9:18 PM

I'd rather have STINKINS I mean Dinkins as mayor as LOUSEY as he was, at least he was a class act, unlike the GEHTOO ish Adams.

by Anonymousreply 426June 23, 2021 12:08 AM

Our city is fucking doomed if Garcia doesn't pull off an upset when the rankings are done.

by Anonymousreply 427June 23, 2021 2:47 AM

I ranked Garcia first, but Adams second. There’s nothing wrong with having a cop in charge who will clean up the crime in this city.

by Anonymousreply 428June 23, 2021 2:55 AM

Why do you think Adams won? I thought for sure it would be Yang.

by Anonymousreply 429June 23, 2021 3:05 AM

Adams hasn’t won yet. Not with this ranked vote craziness.Yang came across to me as unprepared and clownish.

by Anonymousreply 430June 23, 2021 3:08 AM

He's leading in the polls by almost 10 points. I mean yes, there are still over 100,000 absentee ballots to be counted, but that's a pretty sizable lead to overcome, not to mention that most of Maya Wiley's voters put Adams as their second choice. We won't know for weeks, but I'm feeling pretty shitty at the moment. Hopefully, someone decides to run third party and kick both Adams and Sleazewa's asses in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 431June 23, 2021 3:43 AM

I can’t take Yang seriously.

by Anonymousreply 432June 23, 2021 3:46 AM

Yang has conceded.

by Anonymousreply 433June 23, 2021 4:31 AM

It just occurred to me that a city as outsized and crazy as New York can handle, and often does well, under outsized crazy politicians. Adams may be what's called for. I'm ok with my vote for him today. Wiley would be a disaster and if she gets in with ranked voting I sense 4 years of a weakened mayor due to perceived illegitimate election procedures. I could see Adams also getting the Conservative and Independence party lines and running in the general. (A weird thing I'm NY State, and yes there is an "Independence" Party which is basically the state branch of the national Reform Party. It had a large membership because morons enroll in it thinking they are registering as independents. The name was a stroke of genius. There is also a strong stand-alone Conservative Party cause the Republicans aren't conservatives supposedly and in the old days it was aimed at the now dead Rockefeller wing of the GOP. They tend to run whoever the Republicans run now.)

by Anonymousreply 434June 23, 2021 11:06 AM

The considerable far left In NYC won't let him have a moment's rest.

by Anonymousreply 435June 23, 2021 11:52 AM

If he gets in R435 he will have to crush them, or ideally govern from the center with strong bases in both Black and white working/middle class NYC - Black Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. That would be ideal but I don't know if has the temperament to do so.

by Anonymousreply 436June 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Being black will allow him to push back on the left. Adams is very quick to use the race card and also the class card. He is also very volatile and emotional. Wild ride ahead for NYC.

by Anonymousreply 437June 23, 2021 12:18 PM

Depressing.

by Anonymousreply 438June 23, 2021 12:59 PM

Looks like Garcia was the favorite of Manhattan and Adams everywhere else. Does this signal an upcoming inter-city battle?

by Anonymousreply 439June 23, 2021 1:30 PM

[QUOTE] Depressing.

Only for New York’s criminals.

by Anonymousreply 440June 23, 2021 1:32 PM

Should be intra-city, but with NY dividing, it seems like two different places, hence "inter."

by Anonymousreply 441June 23, 2021 1:32 PM

[quote]Only for New York’s criminals.

Huh uh.

by Anonymousreply 442June 23, 2021 1:35 PM

The same DLers complaining about the alleged NYC “crime wave“ and how disastrous are the “defund the police“ message and action, are the same people very upset by a literal police officer becoming mayor. You have other issues.

by Anonymousreply 443June 23, 2021 1:37 PM

[Quote] The considerable far left In NYC won't let him have a moment's rest.

Good.

Also, our only hope is that history repeats itself and Adams is our version of Oakland's state senator Don Perata. Let us pray by playing mad libs and changing around the words from this article to fit the situation here.

[Quote] In an abrupt and stunning turnaround in the race for New York City's mayor, Sanitation commissioner Kathryn Garcia vaulted into the lead - ahead of former state Sen. Eric Adams who, until Friday, held a comfortable advantage and had been expected to win, unofficial election results showed.

[Quote] The latest tally of votes put Garcia on top with 51 percent compared with Adams' 48.9 percent in a race that tested New York City's first election using ranked-choice voting.

[Quote] Garcia was helped immensely when third-place candidate Maya Wiley was eliminated and her votes distributed to the two remaining candidates. Garcia received 75 percent of those votes.

[Quote] "That ballot transfer from Wiley to Garcia is unprecedented," said David Latterman, who has analyzed ranked-choice voting in San Francisco since it was introduced in supervisors' races there in 2004. "I underestimated that there are so many people who do not like Adams."

[Quote] Thousands of provisional ballots remain to be counted and a final tally won't be released until Monday, according to the Alameda County registrar.

[Quote] Garcia was pleased with Friday's flip-flop.

[Quote] "I'm cautiously optimistic," she said. "It looks like we did it. I'm catching my breath."

[Quote] Adams and his spokesman, Evan Thiels, did not return calls or text messages. But the campaign released a terse statement saying, "It appears that the election may be stolen from us."

[Quote] "We're unclear about the Board of Election's processes and await a final and accurate count," the statement read. "The mystery of Ranked Choice voting continues. We should not allow another election to be stolen with ranked choice voting in the future."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 23, 2021 1:44 PM

Mad libs prayer that history repeats itself continues:

[Quote] Ranked-choice voting - also known as instant runoffs - allows voters to cast their first, second and third choices in a race. If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote, last-place candidates are eliminated and their votes distributed until one candidate reaches the 50-percent-plus threshold.

[Quote] When first-place votes were initially tallied, Garcia was behind Adams by 11 percentage points - she had received only 21 percent of the first-place votes in a field of 13 candidates. After seven candidates had been eliminated - and their second- and third-place votes distributed - three candidates were left: Wiley, Garcia and Adams

[Quote] At that point, Garcia was trailing Adams 40 to 31 percent. Wiley's voters pushed Garcia to victory. Of Wiley's 20,000-plus votes that were distributed to Garcia and Adams, more than 15,000 went to Garcia.

[Quote] Garcia had been actively campaigning for months for people to put "Anybody but Adams" on the ballot. She had told supporters and announced at several mayoral forums that she wanted supporters to put Wiley second.

[Quote] Wiley, in turn, had suggested that people read endorsements that listed her first - and included Garcia as a lesser choice. Wiley had largely run a campaign avoiding criticisms of other candidates, but nearing the end of the campaign, Wiley had also taken a more active role in criticizing Adams.

[Quote] A Wiley spokeswoman said the candidate would not comment on the election until Monday, when final results are released. Only a slight majority of supporters of clown candidate Andrew Yang favored Garcia over Adams.

[Quote] How much the results will change by Monday is unclear.

[Quote] Roughly 15,000 ranked-choice ballots remain to be counted, though that includes ballots in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Registrar Dave Macdonald said he did not know what percentage were Garcia voters.

[Quote] Garcia said the results proved that the "Anybody but Adams" campaign "had teeth."

[Quote] If trends continue, Garcia said, "It will be an amazing victory of grassroots organizing and community leaders over big political money."

by Anonymousreply 445June 23, 2021 1:45 PM

^^ Keep dreaming. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 23, 2021 1:54 PM

It would be amazing if government employee without any corruption or ethics issues won. Someone who doesn’t use any kind of “card” and just wants to govern won.

by Anonymousreply 447June 23, 2021 2:00 PM

I did do the mad libs with Garcia, but it's equally possible that Maya Wiley pulls off the upset, especially with a lot of Garcia voters leaving Adams off their ballots, while Wiley voters put him as their #2.

by Anonymousreply 448June 23, 2021 2:09 PM

I’m hoping for a Garcia surprise but will accept any outcome.

by Anonymousreply 449June 23, 2021 2:11 PM

Garcia is experienced in running a city system (sanitation). She is my first choice.

Voting for anyone with a trail of corruption, insufficient experience, or has wrapped oneself in "wokeness", is not an option for me.

It is a tough job and some critical decision-making is required.

by Anonymousreply 450June 23, 2021 2:22 PM

So for Mayor we will have a corrupt THUG or Deblasio 2.

by Anonymousreply 451June 23, 2021 2:26 PM

Garcia was the choice of Park Slope.

by Anonymousreply 452June 23, 2021 2:39 PM

Given the dynamics of ranked choice balloting, the people believing that Adams is winning because he's 10 points ahead are missing the boat here.

Do any of you think that Stringer, Morales, or Wiley/Garcia voters have Adams 2nd or 3rd?

What it means: the next mayor is likely Kathryn Garcia or Maya Wiley. The question is which of them got more of the secondary placings from the also-rans (and you've got to think that Garcia campaigning with Yang over the weekend now pays dividends, as most of his 12% will likely go to her).

Garcia will likely win. It's the same principle as if we had a runoff, except ranked choice gives us options to do it instantaneously. That's the talking point you need to be telling any Adams friends buying into his cynical lies about this being voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 453June 23, 2021 2:49 PM

Too late!! Looks like Adams is winning.

by Anonymousreply 454June 23, 2021 2:57 PM

Just talked to the pollsters for three different campaigns. They say it's over. Eric Adams has won. The unreported votes in the Bronx will counteract the Garcia-leaning absentee ballots, the ranked choices will balance each other out.

It won't be official for another few weeks but Adams is the new mayor of New York. His people are quietly getting the new administration together, already offering jobs and figuring out with De Blasio how to make the transition work.

by Anonymousreply 455June 23, 2021 2:58 PM

My absentee in Brooklyn for Adams.

by Anonymousreply 456June 23, 2021 2:59 PM

Haha OP, he won! Cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 457June 23, 2021 3:13 PM

People in campaigns don't know the details of the ranked choice ballots to be so dismissive as if they will all cancel out, r455. Either you're full of shit or they are.

People were chanting "anyone but Adams." I strongly doubt Adams is pulling 2nd and 3rd place votes from Stringer, Morales, Yang voters. And, in the end, whomever of Wiley or Garcia ends up second when it reaches a 3 person race will get the lions share of the other's remaining votes.

Remember: unless a candidate gets to 50.1%, they keep counting the next eliminated candidate's ranked choice alternate votes until they get to 2. The current numbers are fairly meaningless with no one very close to majority status.

by Anonymousreply 458June 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Intelligencer’s Ben Jacobs reports:

Adams’s wide lead over his closest opponent makes him the favorite to win, though he still needs to earn enough voter preferences under the ranked-choice system to reach 50 percent plus one. (The next round of voting calculations will begin on June 29.) That could be a challenge for a candidate who spent much of the final weeks of campaign courting controversy. In theory, his polarizing personality could hold him back in later rounds if voters decided not to rank him at all. This ranked-choice element was behind the alliance between Garcia and Yang, with Yang urging his supporters over the weekend to rank her second on their ballots. The result of Yang’s endorsement will be borne out in following rounds, potentially boosting Garcia into position to take on Adams.

by Anonymousreply 459June 23, 2021 4:28 PM

R458 -- Seriously? All of us who work in NYC politics are fully cognizant of ranker choices. Wow.

Sure, most of the progressive voters don't support Adams. But remember that huge numbers of Adams voters didn't bother to rank any one else. And frankly, the insiders in both the Wiley and Garcia campaigns are very pessimistic -- they think their guys have almost no chance. Wiley, for sure is out. Garcia, very unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 460June 23, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]Garcia campaign is very pessimistic

No they’re not.

by Anonymousreply 461June 23, 2021 4:42 PM

r460, you do realize that Adams' voters secondary (or lack of) rankings are irrelevant, right? He's finishing first or second, so his voters' alternate choices will never come into play.

Assuming you aren't a shill, I'm linking you to a simple explanation of how this works. Adams' polarization could very well come into play as he doesn't appear on the ballots of those currently behind him (aka the only ballots whose secondary choices will be counted).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462June 23, 2021 4:46 PM

No point arguing this -- let's just wait until the results are declared.

by Anonymousreply 463June 23, 2021 4:51 PM

If Wiley wins I'm voting for Republican.

Garcia I'd accept however.

by Anonymousreply 464June 23, 2021 5:12 PM

How is the Republican winner? I don’t know much about him.

by Anonymousreply 465June 23, 2021 5:16 PM

It was Curtis Sliwa, founder of the Guardian Angels. He had LGBTQ+ support!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 23, 2021 5:21 PM

Iran^.

by Anonymousreply 467June 23, 2021 5:23 PM

I think Sliwa is going to beat Adams, if Adams is nominee.

by Anonymousreply 468June 23, 2021 5:33 PM

R453 I hope you're right. The problem is that Maya Wiley's voters largely put Eric Adams in second place, so the Garcia scenario R459 mentions won't work. The only hope is that either enough people ranked Garcia that Wiley's voters won't matter or enough Garcia voters put Wiley on their ballots that she beats Adams. It is possible that Adams still loses, but it's going to come down to a nail biter, one within a point or two of victory, where he will absolutely cry foul and rampage in anger if he ends up losing.

by Anonymousreply 469June 23, 2021 5:47 PM

I think Garcia can beat Sliwa, especially with her housing proposal. Sliwa is shaky there. I don’t see Adams beating Sliwa.

by Anonymousreply 470June 23, 2021 5:50 PM

Can we talk about anal sex, good china and the real housewives? Because these are issues I know gays care about.

by Anonymousreply 471June 23, 2021 5:54 PM

How is Adams a thugs? @R451

by Anonymousreply 472June 23, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote] His people are quietly getting the new administration together, already offering jobs and figuring out with De Blasio how to make the transition work.

And I deliver brightly colored eggs to good Christian children on Easter.

Even if he had won in a landslide, none of this would be happening less than 24 hours later. ESPECIALLY given that the actual election isn't until November.

by Anonymousreply 473June 23, 2021 6:00 PM

R473 It probably is happening because Adams and de Blasio are counting their chickens before they've hatched. If the ranked choice voting takes it from him, they are going to be in for a surprise indeed.

by Anonymousreply 474June 23, 2021 6:24 PM

LOL

No R474, no one is making calls less than 24 hours after the primary to arrange a transfer of power that's six months away.

KNOW YOUR TROLLS, QUEER SAGES

by Anonymousreply 475June 23, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote] No point arguing this

You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 476June 23, 2021 7:03 PM

Yang still had the hawtest ass.

by Anonymousreply 477June 23, 2021 7:08 PM

I haven’t seen either one but I find it hard to believe that Yang’s ass looks better than Eric Adams’.

by Anonymousreply 478June 23, 2021 7:11 PM

R475 Adams seems like the type of asshole to do that, but you're right, we don't know for sure.

Some signs of hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 23, 2021 8:00 PM

I know Yang campaigned with Garcia, but most Yang voters I know put Adams in second, so I think the bulk of his voters will go to Adams. Just not sure if it will be enough to push him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 480June 23, 2021 8:04 PM

Just out of curiosity, where are you hearing Wiley voters put Adams second? Most of the Wiley voters I know voted her for because she was the most progressive—Adams didn't even make it into their top 5.

by Anonymousreply 481June 23, 2021 8:21 PM

Thinking that it will be tough to make any kind of valid statistical predictions based on R480's five friends and R481's four friends + the spouse of one of said friends.

Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 482June 23, 2021 8:24 PM

R481 I'm having a hard time finding them, but in most of the previous polls, when they surveyed the second choice of Wiley voters, it was Adams, and not Garcia, who had their support.

Keep in mind that most of her support that wasn't White hipsters and Manhattanites came from the outer boroughs. She is in second place in every borough but Staten Island, which has such a low amount of Democrats living there as to be irrelevant. In those minority neighborhoods where Wiley is leading, Adams is in second place, so it would make sense that her voters next choice would go to him.

Garcia, by contrast, is only leading in Manhattan and struggling to make inroads in the outer boroughs. Unless her strategy of getting to be people's second and third choices pays off, Wiley has a stronger pathway to victory, since of the voters who didn't bother to choose a second candidate or didn't rank all five slots, "moderates" are largely representative of this group. In other words, Adams might lose simply because Ray McGuire and Yang and Garcia voters left him off their ballots, but Wiley had enough people put her on their ballots to win a majority.

Ranked Choice Voting, the thing Adams tried so hard to stop, might be his undoing, and hallelujah if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 483June 23, 2021 9:18 PM

If Maya Wiley pulls off the upset when the rankings are done, the reich wing is going to flip a shit, especially since their archenemies George Soros donated to her LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 23, 2021 9:33 PM

The New York Times says Wiley will need at least 60% of second choice voters to win. It's not happening my friends.

by Anonymousreply 485June 23, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]If Maya Wiley pulls off the upset when the rankings are done, the reich wing is going to flip a shit, especially since their archenemies George Soros donated to her LOL.

I wonder if Soros instructs the far-left to “speak out” against billionaires just to make it “look” like they’re “one of the people”. Their all about allusions—deceit—sneakiness—the far-left. Like trans—the allusion of “men” and “women”. At least with the far-right you know what your getting: insanity. They don’t hide like the far-left does.

by Anonymousreply 486June 23, 2021 9:45 PM

Have we commented on the fact that Adams won the votes of the people Wiley claimed to support (working class POCs)

While Garcia won the votes of the people Wiley said Adams supports (wealthy Manhattan and Brownstone Brooklynites)

by Anonymousreply 487June 23, 2021 11:39 PM

Wiley supports wealthy New Yorkers?????????

by Anonymousreply 488June 24, 2021 12:10 AM

Limousine progressives, R488.

The Puerto Rican lady who runs my laundromat were both furious that Wiley was still in the race. They supported Adams and said they would vote Republican if she won.

I mixed race and support Adams. The three of us today agreed Wiley is the white person's candidate.

by Anonymousreply 489June 24, 2021 12:19 AM

Adams will get trounced by Silwa.

by Anonymousreply 490June 24, 2021 12:22 AM

^ and her Puerto Rican boyfriend

I meant to write. She said she knew him from a while back and he was a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 491June 24, 2021 12:22 AM

Wow. ^

by Anonymousreply 492June 24, 2021 12:23 AM

No R488, Wiley claims that Adams is in the pocket of wealthy New Yorkers, but in reality that group is voting for Garcia, who swept Manhattan and Brownstone Brooklyn.

Wiley won in Woke Brooklyn and the East Village

by Anonymousreply 493June 24, 2021 12:44 AM

I'm a white male and my choices were 1)Wiley 2) Garcia 3) Scott Stringer. I didn't put either Adams or Yang on the list.

by Anonymousreply 494June 24, 2021 12:48 AM

Part of what the political commentary on this election isn't factoring in is "moderate" ambivalence to ranked choice voting.

According to preliminary data, 20% of voters only chose one candidate, which means that 50% of those votes will automatically be discarded, otherwise known as an exhausted ballot. Then there's the fact that 50% of all ballots did not utilize all five slots in ranked choice voting, meaning they didn't rank five candidates on their ballots. So since older voters were the most opposed to the system and younger/progressive voters were the most enthusiastic, it stands to reason that Wiley or Garcia will be getting a large chunk of the second and third choice votes from other candidates. That, and the unknown number of absentee ballots still coming in until next week, could drastically change the race in their favor.

I was more despondent last night, but after looking over some information, if enough people left Adams off their ballots in the later rankings, as I asked in this thread, he may still lose after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 24, 2021 12:57 AM

From the NY Times:

There is no way around it for Maya Wiley and Kathryn Garcia: Eric Adams holds a commanding lead over both of them.

With partial results in on Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Adams, the Brooklyn borough president, had 32 percent of first-place votes. He led Ms. Wiley, a former City Hall counsel, by 9 points, and Ms. Garcia, a former sanitation commissioner, by 12 points.

But the runners-up still have a chance to win as the ranked-choice voting process plays out, as it must because Mr. Adams has almost no chance of garnering more than 50 percent of the first-choice votes.

In each subsequent round of vote-counting, the candidate with the fewest first-place votes is eliminated, and their votes are transferred to whoever their supporters ranked next. The process continues until only two candidates remain, at which point the leader wins.

Ms. Wiley’s supporters hope she can pick up enough votes to close the gap from voters who did not rank her first but still preferred her over Mr. Adams. Ms. Garcia’s supporters hope for the same.

Still, the path to victory for either woman is very narrow. Here is a brief primer:

Can Wiley or Garcia still win?

Mathematically, yes. Ms. Wiley could win if she makes it to the final round and is ranked ahead of Mr. Adams on around 60 percent of all ballots where neither is ranked first. Ms. Garcia’s threshold in the same situation is a few points higher.

What’s the likelihood of that?

Low. Mr. Adams would have to be enormously unpopular among voters who did not rank him first, and one of the few polls done late in the race found that he had broader support than Ms. Wiley or Ms. Garcia.

The poll of likely voters, conducted by FairVote, a national organization that promotes ranked-choice voting, and Citizen Data, found that Mr. Adams was the only candidate in the race who was a top-three choice of more than half the voters.

by Anonymousreply 496June 24, 2021 12:59 AM

This article explains the plausible pathway for Maya Wiley to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497June 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Progressives are having a really tough time explaining why Maya Wiley, who was supposed to be the savior of working class POC lost so badly to Adams in those communities, while sweeping all the White Educated Transplants that Adams says are ruining the city and displacing working class POCs

by Anonymousreply 498June 24, 2021 12:51 PM

I listened to Maya and she defended her platform very well. Garcia too. I gravitated towards both because both explained their policies very clearly and won me over. I was impressed with Maya and Garcia the most.

by Anonymousreply 499June 24, 2021 12:55 PM

R498, here's the explanation: American white people are horrible, leftwing and right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 500June 24, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote] I listened to Maya and she defended her platform very well.

Really? Because in every interview I saw she gave vague non-answers about what she would do. And when all of the candidates were asked in a debate if they would take guns away from police they all said no, except for Maya who just refused to commit to a stance. She also answered a question about her creation of the dubious "agents of the city" by saying it wasn't her policy—it was just something she advised DeBlasio to do as his lawyer. Talk about a distinction without a difference. I find her to be a big phony and think she would be a disaster as mayor.

by Anonymousreply 501June 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Well, R501, Kathryn Garcia was my number one, so don’t fret. I did not support Maya.

by Anonymousreply 502June 24, 2021 1:27 PM

R498 She came in second in most of those communities. She did a lot better with minority voters than Kathryn Garcia, hence why she's in second place and will likely be in the final round of ranked choice voting with Adams.

by Anonymousreply 503June 24, 2021 1:56 PM

A very very distant second R503

It's funny when you look at a place like Williamsburg, which is Transplants-voting-for-Wiley, you'll come on a small dot of Adams support and it's invariably a housing project.

by Anonymousreply 504June 24, 2021 9:55 PM

Interesting stats.

[Quote] There were good signs and bad signs for Adams, according to elections data analyzed by The Associated Press.

[Quote] Overall, in the ballots counted so far, he was ranked on more ballots than any other candidate.

[Quote] About 474,000 voters ranked him in their top five. That compares to 454,000 voters who ranked Garcia and 443,000 who ranked Wiley.

[Quote] However, [bold] Garcia and Wiley both did better than Adams among the ballots that could be redistributed in the ranked choice voting system. [/bold]

[Quote] For example, [bold] 298,000 voters ranked Garcia second, third, fourth or fifth on their ballots. Wiley was ranked on 265,000 ballots in which she was not the top candidate, while Adams was ranked on 221,000 ballots in which he was not the top candidate. [/bold]

If this race comes down to second and third ballots, Adams is at a disadvantage. Of the 474,000 ballots he appeared on, already 253,234 are accounted for as the #1 choice. If he is below Garcia and Wiley on the other ballots, then he's at a significant disadvantage when the tabulations begin next week and the lower ranking candidates' choices get distributed. There's more room for Wiley and Garcia to catch up, especially considering there are over 100,000 absentee ballots that need to be added in, much of them from their strongholds in Manhattan. This race ain't over until it's over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 25, 2021 1:15 AM

Here's a map of where the outstanding absentee ballots are coming from. They are from areas where Garcia and Wiley are strong and Adams is weak. This will likely pull them closer to Adams in the initial rankings. He has almost a ten percent lead now. He may come down to somewhere between seven and five once all the ballots are counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506June 25, 2021 1:18 AM

Someone keeps saying Silwa would beat Adams. In your dreams. NYC was 22.70% Republican in 2020. There's no way that much of the voting population thinks a lunatic in a beret is better than a black ex-cop.

by Anonymousreply 507June 26, 2021 8:50 PM

I’m happy for Garcia regardless of the outcome. She was dead last. Proud to have supported her and hope she keeps on with public service.

by Anonymousreply 508June 26, 2021 8:58 PM

I used to have the hots for Curtis Sliwa when I was a gayling.

by Anonymousreply 509June 27, 2021 12:50 AM

If it’s Adams/Silwa—you’ll love him when he’s your mayor.

by Anonymousreply 510June 27, 2021 1:04 AM

Adams is what this city needs to prevent Wiley from turning it into Portland.

by Anonymousreply 511June 27, 2021 1:15 AM

The future Eric Adams has in store for us if he isn't defeated in ranked choice voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512June 28, 2021 12:02 AM

Adams and Yang, too many teeth. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 513June 28, 2021 2:17 AM

It's nice that after all the jokes New Yorkers like to make about New Jersey, their next mayor is a guy who lives in Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 514June 28, 2021 2:31 AM

R514- He's THUGGISH. He should be mayor of one of those SHITTY cities in New Jersey like Newark, Camden or Trenton.

by Anonymousreply 515June 28, 2021 2:33 AM

Mayors of Newark like Cory Booker and Ras Baraka r515? They are doing much better than NY when it comes to picking mayors.

by Anonymousreply 516June 28, 2021 2:40 AM

LOL One of our resident trolls Officer had a thread deleted about his fellow pigs rioting yesterday at R512. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 517June 28, 2021 12:23 PM

R512, you are blaming Adams for what happened under DeBlasio?

by Anonymousreply 518June 28, 2021 7:31 PM

The most accurate pollster in this race has put out a new exit poll saying that if Garcia edges out Adams, she will clobber him by almost 10 points and Wiley will eke it out by 2. Not looking good for the trolls on here taking an early and premature victory lap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 29, 2021 4:17 AM

R519, it may be true but why, other than being a troll yourself, would you call it "the most accurate"? It is from an organization that calls itself "progressive" which is ok, but I want my polling organizations to be neutral.

by Anonymousreply 520June 29, 2021 8:01 AM

Really R520? You're trying to make the Garcia troll listen to reason? The fact is that the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of Adams, every politico in NYC knows it and is sucking up to him for jobs, influence, and favor. Yes, there's a small statistical chance that Wiley or Garcia could win, but it's very unlikely.

But trolls don't listen to reason. They listen to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 521June 29, 2021 2:24 PM

Bad news for Eric Adams! The Board of Elections released the initial ranked choice tabulations with early and election day votes factored in. He's only leading by a few percentage points when the rankings are done. Since the absentee ballots are largely coming from her strongholds, she has a very good chance of winning when they are going to be factored in in just two weeks time. Guess Eric and the fascist trolls that celebrated his victory too prematurely are starting to sweat now. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 29, 2021 7:45 PM

Per NY1:

Ranked-choice voting calculations show Eric Adams has crossed the 50% threshold needed to win the Democratic mayoral primary election, but absentee ballots still need to be counted before he could become the Democratic nominee.,

Kathryn Garcia is several hundred votes behind Adams, giving her a chance to still take the win once all votes are tallied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 29, 2021 8:00 PM

More absentees coming from strong Adam's districts over Garcia districts.

It's a wrap folks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 29, 2021 8:26 PM

^ Most of the ballots came from districts that did not vote for Adams. Garcia is higher on second and third choice slots than Adams. She has a very plausible pathway to victory here. She just needs to make up a 16,000 vote deficit and she wins. If she is ahead of Adams on 56% of the remaining ballots, she wins. Not hard for her to do. She has a good shot at this.

by Anonymousreply 525June 29, 2021 8:32 PM

That's the opposite of what the article says, Garcia troll.

by Anonymousreply 526June 29, 2021 8:35 PM

It’s going to be very close but I think Garcia has an edge. I’m happy with both her and Adams so I have no dog in this fight.

by Anonymousreply 527June 29, 2021 8:40 PM

Garcia just seems a lot more competent, so I am pulling for her.

by Anonymousreply 528June 29, 2021 8:43 PM

As I've said previously in this thread, at this rate, I don't care if Garcia wins over Adams, even though I'm not really happy with her. I just want Adams defeated. I don't think that's an unlikely prospect at this point. I have some hope again.

by Anonymousreply 529June 29, 2021 9:04 PM

White people pulling for Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 530June 29, 2021 9:09 PM

She just “seems more competent,” R530. 😂

by Anonymousreply 531June 29, 2021 10:12 PM

I won't link to the Times here (paywall), but their analysis was much more nuanced than that Post article simply declaring who had won the district. Remember, ranked choice still applies to the absentee ballots, so Adams having first place votes still has to be weighed against any Wiley/Yang (let alone Morales, Donovan, et al) who put Garcia in their ranking.

TL: dr The Post oversimplified to sell papers and to turn this into a hostile and race-baiting story when/if Garcia ends up ahead (which, by the way, is the point of ranked choice: to allow a runoff to happen quickly and efficiently, since Adams would not have won a runoff against either Garcia or Wiley).

by Anonymousreply 532June 29, 2021 10:29 PM

^ He might have won a runoff against Wiley. He definitely wasn't winning one against Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 533June 29, 2021 10:56 PM

Who will not raise taxes on the “rich”. By rich, I mean those who own a home in NYC and make over 500K-1M/year?

by Anonymousreply 534June 29, 2021 11:06 PM

Why the air quotes r534? Someone with that income is rich dear.

by Anonymousreply 535June 29, 2021 11:14 PM

So it begins.

Eric Adams releases a statement questioning the legitimacy of the vote totals. The Trump precedent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 29, 2021 11:26 PM

Looks like the Adams stan who ridiculed everyone who said it's not yet over is looking mighty foolish right now. Now they're trying very hard now to call it "a wrap" because more absentee ballots came from areas that supported Adams than Garcia, without considering the large number of Wiley and Yang absentee ballots which will tend to favor Garcia. And not considering that absentee ballot demographics are often different from those of same day voters.

While the odds certainly still favor Adams, Garcia has a significant chance of overtaking him. Regardless of the ultimate result Adams and his followers look like fools for being so overconfident and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 537June 29, 2021 11:39 PM

Mr. Adams is endorsed by America's Four Season's Landscapers law and odor mayor.

by Anonymousreply 538June 30, 2021 12:11 AM

Total clusterfuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 30, 2021 12:30 AM

If Wiley wins the city is fucked. While she claims to be for her "peeps," Maya lives a in a gated community in Brooklyn, wants to defund the police while her community has private security and sends her kids go to private schools.

by Anonymousreply 540June 30, 2021 12:36 AM

But of course, R540 - Maya is married to a white hedge fund guy. Fancy that!

by Anonymousreply 541June 30, 2021 1:07 AM

This ranked voting thing is soooo much better, don't ya think?

by Anonymousreply 542June 30, 2021 1:12 AM

Maya always talked about her kids but never once mentioned the rich white father of those kids. She’s a first class phony.

by Anonymousreply 543June 30, 2021 1:15 AM

Ranked voting is a gimmick. But white people gonna disenfranchise.

by Anonymousreply 544June 30, 2021 1:20 AM

No, ranked choice voting is a huge improvement. But assholes gonna be assholes.

by Anonymousreply 545June 30, 2021 2:53 AM

The real problem is not ranked choice voting. It's that the New York board of elections is utterly incompetent. The total released today has already been rescinded as a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 546June 30, 2021 3:11 AM

LOL They posted an apology on the notes app!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 30, 2021 3:17 AM

Gurl, I love the replies are full of Trump trolls who still haven't moved on from 2020 election. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 548June 30, 2021 3:19 AM

R548 -- You do realize that when you say "gurl" you identify yourself as either a 10 year old, a 90 year old, or someone whose intellect is far too small to post on this, or any other, board.

by Anonymousreply 549June 30, 2021 4:26 AM

Gurllll! @R549.

by Anonymousreply 550June 30, 2021 9:15 AM

The NYC Board of Elections is filled with incompetent people, from top down, who are there thanks to political patronage.

by Anonymousreply 551June 30, 2021 9:59 AM

What a shithole city! Does anyone doubt that if Adams eventually loses, he won't cause chaos, pull the race card, challenge the ranked ballot process, and sue the hell to get put into the office? Incompetents abound in NYC politics.

by Anonymousreply 552June 30, 2021 12:18 PM

Ranked voting should be abolished in NYC and runoffs reinstated. Running two people against each other and then selecting is very different than a theoretical listing of choices. The candidates also get to make their cases. Working class and minority voters are probably less likely to do full rankings or any ranking at all. In a way Adams was right that it is a form of voter suppression of Black voters. Rough around the edges but right. It does favor white liberal voters, the second worse group on the face of the earth. (The worse being white far rightists. ) I think Adams will still pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 553June 30, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote]It does favor white liberal voters, the second worse group on the face of the earth.

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 554June 30, 2021 12:45 PM

Yep, Adams was correct in noticing how narrow his lead became-mysteriously. Now we know they counted 135,000 test ballots in error. Adams won, that is clear.

by Anonymousreply 555June 30, 2021 1:02 PM

^ Adams actually got more votes than Garcia from those sample ballots. Adams winning is not clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 30, 2021 1:06 PM

[quote] Incompetents abound in NYC politics.

We've all known that for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 557June 30, 2021 1:11 PM

[QUOTE] Yep, Adams was correct in noticing how narrow his lead became-mysteriously. Now we know they counted 135,000 test ballots in error. Adams won, that is clear.

The fix was in, but whitey got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. And the wokesters were all on Twitter hollering about Adams “acting like Trump” for pointing out the discrepancy. God only knows what would’ve happened if the Adams campaign didn’t have their eyes open.

by Anonymousreply 558June 30, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote] And the wokesters were all on Twitter hollering about Adams “acting like Trump” for pointing out the discrepancy.

Does that mean we now have to rethink Trump's claims?

by Anonymousreply 559June 30, 2021 1:21 PM

[quote] Ranked voting should be abolished in NYC and runoffs reinstated….Working class and minority voters are probably less likely to do full rankings or any ranking at all.

But they'll show up for a second round of voting? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 560June 30, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote]Does that mean we now have to rethink Trump's claims?

No because Trump is white.

by Anonymousreply 561June 30, 2021 1:38 PM

R560 doesn't understand how machine politics works. It works pretty well. Also is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 562June 30, 2021 1:45 PM

You’re a racist! Racist! Racist! Racist! RaCiST!!!

by Anonymousreply 563June 30, 2021 1:46 PM

R562 = racist for thinking Black and brown people are too stupid to figure out preferential voting.

by Anonymousreply 564June 30, 2021 2:12 PM

R564 That's because R562 may be Officer , homophobic cop and Eric Adams stan.

by Anonymousreply 565June 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Since this thread is almost finished, I started a new one to continue following the latest developments in the mayoral primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566June 30, 2021 4:09 PM

OP-I COMPLETELY agree with you. Eric Adams is a CLOWN. He with his TOOTHY grin announced he was getting his ear pierced. I guess we should be grateful he's not getting his NIPPLES pierced. I've said this before- Dinkins was a LOUSY mayor but compared to this THUG Adams, Dinkins was an ARISTOCRAT.

by Anonymousreply 567July 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Hizzoner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 3, 2021 2:17 AM

OP- I thought about what you said lately about Eric Adams being a CLOWN. He is a CLOWN. He's dumb and he HATES white people- I'd kick that CRACKER'S ASS ,MAN.

That's how the mayor of the most important city in the USA and one of THE Global cities along with London and Tokyo talks we are in TROUBLE.

by Anonymousreply 569February 17, 2022 1:19 AM

Bet you wish you had Yang instead of this bigot.

by Anonymousreply 570February 17, 2022 1:55 AM

R570- or Garcia

by Anonymousreply 571February 17, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote] Bet you wish you had Yang instead of this bigot.

[quote]- or Garcia

Said no one EVER.

by Anonymousreply 572February 17, 2022 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!