Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attendance At Prince Philip’s Funeral, Part 2

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 16, 2021 3:13 PM

Archle is 2 now (May), Harry should have brought him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2021 10:43 AM

❤️ you to Pluto’s moon & back, Phil! 💋

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2021 10:54 AM

[quote]Archle is 2 now (May), Harry should have brought him.

Once Diana 2.0 is born, the little meal ticket can leave the country. Until then, his ass stays PUT!

Madam Harkle, officially on maternity leave from Archwell Industries, producers of boring podcasts

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Most of the attendees will already have been vaccinated. The Queen, Charles, Camilla, Anne and her husband (they are 70 this summer), Andrew, Edward and Sophie, and Dukes and Duchesses of Gloucester and Kent, Philip's cousins, his personal assistant - they're all able to go maskless if they social distance.

The vaccine programme is now open in Britain to adults 40-44. That would take care of quite a few of the rest of the attendees.

It is the under 40s, like the Cambridges, Harry, Zara her husband is over 40), the York Princesses and their husbands, who will have to wear masks.

The Queen will be wearing a widow's veil - I imagine a mask under the veil would be somewhat . . . unsettling. She could always ask that everyone but she, Charles, Camilla, and any guests over 70 not wear masks.

I think the arrangement of the procession into and out of St. George's is the more interesting question. How far can they keep Harry from the Queen (who has four children to support her in the first rank), William, and Kate?

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2021 12:17 PM

This way she can gomer without anyone noticing.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2021 12:20 PM

Let's face it, R3, as soon as she has got her Little Diana, poor Archie with his rather unmerchable features (wonky eye, fattish body type) will be pretty much all the same to her.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2021 12:27 PM

Eugenie's personal tribute to her grandfather Philip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2021 1:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2021 1:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2021 1:08 PM

This is what true service is. The Queen lost her husband of 70 years. She is already vaccinated, as is her family. She is 94 years old.

Literally no one would hold it against her if she went maskless and had her family next to her. But, in order to show the importance of mask wearing to the public, she will sacrifice.

That is what being a royal is, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2021 1:20 PM

A little bit of happiness today for the Queen...her horse Tactical won!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2021 1:39 PM

I'll be in row one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2021 1:45 PM

Princess Anne is back on duty. Those shades are fierce!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2021 1:46 PM

R12 That’s actually a gorgeous piece. No?

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2021 1:59 PM

so glad he's dead

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2021 1:59 PM

I don't understand why Princess Anne doesn't do something better with her hair. I know she's famous for being no-frills, and no one's expecting her to be a beauty queen, but the color and style are awful. She should go for something blonder, like she had in her youth. And no straight-back pouf. She could still pull off the horsey, practical look, but she wouldn't look so severe. Maybe she and QEII share a hairdresser, because HM's George Washington hair is almost equally unflattering.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2021 2:11 PM

No! I don't want to see a new hairstyle on Anne. Is nothing sacred, man?

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2021 2:17 PM

[quote] Meghan will be on mat leave starting May.

What's she going to stop doing? Arranging leaks? Causing trouble? Interviews? Being the centre of attention?

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2021 2:17 PM

The Queen is not going to be wearing a widow's veil at the funeral. It's 2021 for Chrissakes.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Andrew and Harry are both disgusting to use publicity and pressure tactics on a grieving elderly woman. Clearly they are not familiar with the concepts of shame and decency.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2021 2:20 PM

I'm no Andrew fan but that was jerky, even for him.

That said, what's the source? There is no upside to anyone to leaking this. If it actually did happen, the decision could be made. I cannot figure why anyone on the inside would see a benefit to this kind of distraction.

Now, as I recall, Windsor Castle is west of London, but what's west of Windsor Castle... ?

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]Now, as I recall, Windsor Castle is west of London, but what's west of Windsor Castle... ?

Heathrow Airport

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote] That is what being a royal is, Meghan.

No, being a royal is being Admiral Pedo of the seven seas.

Fascinating that a royal is literally a child molester but British attention is turned solely to the black American.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Fascinating that anyone would attempt to elevate a grifting, lying, narcissist from the gutter in which she resides.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2021 2:42 PM

Anne used to look wonderful with Edwardian hairstyles. Her hair was still up, but big and soft around her face.

Where were the posters on the other thread getting all that shit about Philip's sympathy for Diana? Is that in The Crown?

Needless to say, in reality Philip never said anything one way or the other, but the RF's evident antipathy towards her at the end was such as to give rise to the conspiracy theory that Philip ordered her death by car crash. If he didn't like the Harkle interview, you may be assured that the Andrew Morton book, topped by the Panorama interview, went down like a grenade. You may not recall, but in that interview she stated that Charles didn't have what it would take to be King, and she thought he didn't really want to be. She believed no such thing: what she wanted was to see him bypassed and William on the throne. That's way worse than Meggsie's worst.

The Harkles would only matter to the Duke at a personal level: Charles and Diana's was a dynastic marriage and it mattered to the Firm. As for his sympathising with Diana because Charles was having it off with Camilla - he'd have thought, like every other aristocrat, that Diana was a damned idiot for not just sucking it up and enjoying her clothes budget, her tiaras and her freedom to have her own affairs. Which she was having during the marriage. The Morton book was to get in front of a story she knew the Murdochs had been sitting on (the Squidgy tapes).

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote] Fascinating that anyone would attempt to elevate a grifting, lying, narcissist from the gutter in which she resides.

Oh come on, Kate wasn’t that badly off!

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2021 2:50 PM

I agree about Anne's hair. It' doesn't even look groomed. It seems dry and unkempt. It needs treatment and styling and yes, a much better job of coloring. And for fuck's sake, Anne, use some moisturizers on you skin. It doesn't need to look like a road map.

As for Andrew. Funny. The Mail and the trolls are all slobbering over what Phillip must have said or thought about Oprah and Harry and Meghan, but has anyone bother to report his reaction for the past several years regarding Andrew and his relationship with Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell? Please. The staffers have deftly used Meghan and Harry as a distraction. It has been successful, in large part because Harry and Meghan play right into their hands. And Fergie and Andrew's handlers are happy to leak bullshit when they can. Harry and Meghan are close to Beatrice and Eugenie. But maybe the two Yorkies talk too much to their parents, and inadvertently say things that a re then twisted and leaked.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote]Where were the posters on the other thread getting all that shit about Philip's sympathy for Diana? Is that in The Crown?

In the second to last scene of Season 4, Philip gives Diana a smackdown about her place in the Royal Family, basically telling her that everyone revolves around the Queen who is the most important.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2021 3:12 PM

Family members don’t stop being who they are when someone dies. They usually double down on their behavioral habits during a funeral or other family crisis. The Nurturers become more so, the Drama Queens become more so, etc.

Everyone is behaving exactly as they always do. The Queen and Anne stoic and dutiful, Charles is avoidant, Andrew seeking an angle to exploit, Harry, well...

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 3:19 PM

R25, Philip wrote supportive letters to Diana during her marriage to Charles. They were published during one of the inquests into Diana's death, IIRC. I think their relationship deteriorated after she and Charles separated, though.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2021 3:20 PM

It's widely accepted that Philip had a ton of affairs during his marriage but there's not a ton of proof. (Even The Crown layered the wink, wink on thick in parts one and two and then nothing in parts three and four, though I don't recommend The Crown as proof or disproof of anything.) I suggest it's an assumption to state he thought Diana should just suck it up. From what I've read of late from this Giles Brandeth or Brandwyth or Bandwidth of whatever his name is, Philip was generally the opposite of what people thought of him. I gather he was quietly but deeply religious, in fact disapproved of adultery, so not sure I buy he would just expect her to suck it up or he was out jousting himself. That may be where the empathy or sympathy came from. And certainly, given his own mother, he must have had some tolerance or understanding or some other kindly emotion toward Diana's emotional reactions.

Where I think he was pretty strict was his view of monarchy and devotion to the Queen. So when she did Panorama he joined the view it had to be brought to an end.

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 3:26 PM

I agree; she's not an unattractive woman (handsome, you might say), but her hair makes her look like a Disney villain

by Anonymousreply 32April 14, 2021 3:30 PM

I think she looks like a one piece of a massive croquembouche. Or Jiffy Pop. Or Gary Oldman's Dracula. Only more frightening. She's the kind of person I'd like to meet because your relationship would be totally honest...

by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2021 3:35 PM

R25 I agree that Diana’s suggestion about Charles being unfit for the throne was shocking and not enough is made of it. I also think what Meghan and Harry have done is comparably damaging, stirring up anti-monarchy sentiment and racial division with their loud dog whistles.

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] Harry and Meghan are close to Beatrice and Eugenie.

Haha. Beatrice and Eugenie were close to Harry once upon a time. They were NEVER close to Meghan who tried pulling rank on them before she was even married to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2021 3:46 PM

The allegation of racism in this climate was the absolute worst thing that could be said. Calculated for maximum damage, if uttered with minimal conviction.

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2021 3:48 PM

Meghan's PR is attempting to create the perception that Harry is still close ot B&E. Given the past few months, that cannot be true. They are trying to continue to merch the connection to the BRF so continue to put that out, even the story that Harry is staying with a cousin. Harry is staying at Nott Cott per many outlets that are not connected to Sunshine Sucks and is very likely quarrantining alone. The other story being pushed is that the family must reconcile immediately, despite them demanding an apology to MeAgain days before Philip's death and leaking private family calls to US tv just weeks ago. It all beggars any understanding of human nature, family dynamics or how to protect oneself and one's loved ones from dangerous, destructive people. Trust is based on actions. Sunshine Sucks is attempting to create the perception that the impact on the family should just be "forgotten" so as to mitigate the deserved harm to their reputations based on their public actions.

by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2021 3:51 PM

Case in point re: R37

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2021 3:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2021 3:55 PM

This cannot and will not be forgotten. The cruelty of strong arming elderly grieving relatives whilst draping themselves in the mantle of "humanitarians" spouting platitudes about "kindness" was clear for the world to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2021 3:56 PM

What a slime bucket Andrew is. He uses the occasion of his father's death to tell people they need to feel sorry for him too. And he suggests he should wear an Admiral uniform to the funeral - which he never earned - so the world can see how noble he is. He is disgusting.

I feel sorry for his daughters.

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2021 3:57 PM

I'm still struggling to figure out why it was leaked - I can see him being jerk enough to make the ask. My only guess is somebody did it to spare the Queen having to decide. By putting it out there he had to back down. Maybe for once it actually wasn't Meagain, because who'd tell Harry anything. Unless the strategy was Harry = Meagain = leaked.

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2021 3:59 PM

There was an 8 day period of mourning announced. Family members who cannot refrain from PR to benefit themselves and their interests during this short period should be shunned by decent people.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Only an idiot would trust Harry now. His actions in the past weeks are unforgiveable and he has shown NO remorse except re: his PR image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote] And he suggests he should wear an Admiral uniform to the funeral - which he never earned - so the world can see how noble he is.

Except for perhaps Philip himself, none of the royal family ever 'earn" their military titles--they get them just by being born to the queen.

That's what being royal means.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2021 4:03 PM

Well Andrew was in the navy for a few years, and William and Harry did military service, Charles too. Edward washed out. Anne was not but her husband was in the navy as well, he’s retired now.

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2021 4:07 PM

Days before Philip's death, Harry did not choose to fly to say goodbye in person (despite his boasts of having a jet on "standbye." Instead they doubled down on the attempts to humiliate and strong arm as the family was coping with loss and grief. Those who would see such a time as an "opportunity" are sociopaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2021 4:09 PM

I see what you mean though...elevated ranks from the Queen, not while actually serving. I don’t understand the point of it myself. It’s like getting an honorary degree from a university and then calling yourself doctor.

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2021 4:10 PM

Again, Harry is a semi-feral idiot and the cunt he's married to is psychologically deranged in at least two diagnosable ways.

I know from stupid and I know from crazy. These two people would best take the next LA earthquake from the edge of a soft cliff.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]Queen may wear a mask under strict Covid rules for Saturday's service.

Even with a mask, we'll be able to read what's on her mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2021 4:14 PM

There are rules, R46.

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2021 4:15 PM

"Manipulative and spiteful" is putting it kindly, pun intended. More dangerous and destructive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2021 4:16 PM

Now, now.

All this (reality based) chatter about Dim and Mega not being able to sweep all of their (disgusting) behavior under the rug by graciously (haha!) offering to accept apologies (which they would prefer to be in the firm of cash and/or titles) from the (grieving) royal family...as we all know, "What Megan wants, Megan GETS!"

Be prepared for the Sussex Flex! 🤑

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2021 4:17 PM

I would bet the British Navy is appalled at such a request. If Andrew wants to wear the uniform of what he earned it would be okay. Military leaders take these things very seriously. It would be so disrespectful to the Royal Navy. I bet even Prince Philip would be aghast. Sure the Queen has the power to do it. But it would be a huge blow to her legacy. And Andrew would realize that with his father gone, he can pressure the Queen into doing whatever he wants. No matter how outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2021 4:19 PM

What an unholy alliance between these two attempting to bully a grieving elderly woman into changng the rules of the British military just for them for her HUSBAND's FUNERAL. What disgraces they are! Shame the service is televised, just gives them a platform to act out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2021 4:20 PM

Predictions on what that monster will pull on Friday or Saturday, R53? You know there will be something.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2021 4:21 PM

The (literal, actual) law of the land is that former servicemen and women can wear any medals they earned but they cannot wear uniforms unless in actual service or holding an honourary commission. I gather Andrew still holds honourary commissions, whereas Harry doesn't. Still, Andrew in uniform would be such a distraction at this point.

by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2021 4:26 PM

To those posting from the Daily Express. It is possibly the most unreliable newspaper in the world. Take any reports from them with a ton of salt.

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2021 4:26 PM

It's the YouTube of newsprint.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2021 4:27 PM

Another mythcarriage. If she doesn't get 5150'ed first. Bitch has lost control of everything now. Even Hazzbeen is out of her control. I believe he is a sadistic little piece of garbage and would definitely take pleasure in mind fucking that bitch into a complete mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2021 4:27 PM

No idea, R56. It's sure to be something, though. I suppose we'll be able to tell how well the shakedown of Granny and Daddy are going by what Mega's "close friends" share with various tabloids. She's not patient and he's too stupid to be subtle, so it won't take long for us to see how the family is dealing with their bullshit.

Also, Andrew needs to be put in the damn Shame Corner and not let out. Pig!

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2021 4:30 PM

Well, at least Harry isn't asking to dress up like an Admiral. He made his mistakes in judgment and has to live with the results. But he hasn't disgraced himself in any measure as to what Andrew has done.

Do you know who would have loved to have been an Admiral? Prince Philip. And he was on his way. But he had to give that all up. All the articles I have read about him said he was heartbroken to give that all up.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2021 4:36 PM

r29 raises an interesting point. Guessing now that there's this massive "void" within the BRF as the Queen put it, the ones with the most to gain from their reduced standing or rank within the BRF hierarchy will be positioning themselves to improve their status. Not surprising to see Andrew and Fergie slithering around the castle, he probably brought Fergie around to meet with the Queen (under pretext of offering sympathies) in order to shore up his request (lobbying) for medals and costume at the funeral.

I don't know why some folks are banking on some reconciliation between William and Harry. Nuh. uh. Expect more knives to be drawn (figuratively) and traps laid to make sure someone (you know who you are Andrew and Harry) don't get out of line. I don't think the word "Betrayal" is too strong a word for what Harry has done. This will be interesting going forward - I think the pretense of being honourable and respectable "royals" is largely gone now - for Harry and Andrew, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2021 4:40 PM

I’ll predict a mournful pap walk.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2021 4:43 PM

I was thinking back to the visit that PC made to see his father when he was in the hospital. PC had obviously been crying. I hope PC is strong enough to take the last bit of advise his father gave him that day. No Fergie. No Harry. No Andrew. Cut them off like a cancerous rot and protect your Queen. If he can't stomach it, then allow William to. William will NEVER forgive Harry. Just look at what Harry allowed that lowlife whore to do to his wife. Harry may be angry at his family, but what did Katherine ever do to Harry to deserve the bullying and humiliation they did to the women who always treated him so kindly? That alone is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2021 4:51 PM

Mummy, I want to wear a uniform, too!

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2021 4:57 PM

Gran: If he is allowed, I will, too!

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2021 4:58 PM

Mega hates Kate. Therefore, Dim must hate Kate, Mega would accept nothing less. Mega gets what Mega wants!

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2021 4:59 PM

A new photo from Will and Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2021 5:04 PM

I feel like I have pretty good instincts in terms of how this has all unfolded. I wonder if this funeral could end up being a turning point for Harry and especially Meghan. Sometimes it is easy to lose prospective when you are so far away from the life you once knew and you have people whispering poison into your ears 24/7. I feel like this could be the ending of Cruel Intentions, with Harry passing out copies of Meghan's dastardly diary out to the royal family as "Bittersweet Symphony" plays in the backdrop, Phillips portrait showing a knowing smile. Anyhow, Meghan is lucky to be knocked up with Ariel Diana Doria Oprah. He has no choice but to quickly return back to her.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Another great family photo. The Queen and Prince Philip have seen their family far more than we know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2021 5:09 PM

That Charlotte... in both those pictures... she keeps her eye on the crown.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2021 5:09 PM

All of this:

It's not like Star Wars hasn't flown by the seat of its pants before. For that, we need to look no further than the original Star Wars trilogy. The original trilogy had Obi-Wan Kenobi telling Luke Skywalker that Darth Vader killed his father, only to learn in the next movie that Vader was his father. We know from early drafts of the movie that we've seen that the Vader/Anakin Skywalker connection wasn't in Lucas' original idea, so this changed as things went along.

However, in this case, I feel that can be forgiven to some extent for the simple fact that in 1977, there was no guarantee there would ever be more than one Star Wars movie. Even once more movies were given the go-ahead, while each movie in that trilogy has different screenwriters and different directors, the work is all based on the story by George Lucas. Each of those films have their own unique aspects to them, but the story largely works, sibling tongue kiss notwithstanding.

The screenwriters and directors were still able to put their own stamp on the material, but the basic story that was being told was given to them. The trilogy still feels cohesive, even if there are some plot inconsistencies within it.

The Prequel Trilogy, of course, is a whole other story. For better or worse, George Lucas had complete and absolute control. He handled all aspects of creating the trilogy and while the Prequel Trilogy is certainly not without issues, a coherent throughline in the plot is not one of them. Every piece of the puzzle fits together, almost to a fault. Answers are given to questions nobody actually had. There are some pieces that conflict when bumped up against the Original Trilogy, but as a trilogy itself, the Prequels work, and it's clear George Lucas knew what he wanted going in.

This trilogy didn't need to go that far, but it could have simply done something like the Original Trilogy. Lucasfilm could have hired one person, or a couple people, to put together the trilogy's story up front. Then that story could be handed to whatever screenwriters and directors Lucasfilm wanted to make the movies. They wouldn't have total freedom, but they'd have some, and everybody would be working toward a common goal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2021 5:11 PM

R74 wrong thread...obviously. Mea culpa

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2021 5:13 PM

*hands r74 a map*

You lost, buddy?

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2021 5:13 PM

R72 - I wonder if this is the Balmoral trip that Harry and Meghan declined the invitation for. Drip, drip, drip. The BRF are using Phillip's death to kill two birds with one stone. Or maybe not, but we really do see how absent and little time Meghan was actually a working royal. Always bet on the Palace, Sunshine Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2021 5:14 PM

Awww, r74, I read quite a bit of that, waiting for the relevance, LOL. You’re good.

by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2021 5:14 PM

I was going to saw with the great-grandchild pictures ok now they're just trolling, but the Downpayment Mountbatten-Windsor, the Prince Without a Title, wasn't born until the following year.

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2021 5:14 PM

R70, R72

Can't see your pictures - only the Instagram login page.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2021 5:15 PM

Andrew is beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2021 5:15 PM

The BRF trolling Harry and his missus...you see what you're missing, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2021 5:16 PM

MeAgain will have to release a new photo to compete. 3-2-1.

by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2021 5:17 PM

R73 EXACTLY my thought. Granny's in on it, too!

by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2021 5:19 PM

Agree, R65. I do hope the video of her bullying 2 year old Princess Charlotte and encouraging Ivy Mulrohney to do the same comes out one day. The Gruesome Twosome are sociopaths. Harry always has been, the palace PR hid it. Now he and his wife egg one another on.

by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2021 5:20 PM

Quite a lovely photo at R72. My family has something similar with Gran and all her grandchildren around her. My posture was...regrettable, but I was 7!

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2021 5:21 PM

I'm sorry, I dislike Harry and Meghan as much as any reasonable person and am also reluctant to be a hall monitor, but I do think it's fairer on everyone if there are separate threads for normal DL gossip and info exchange about Prince Philip's funeral on the one hand and for the Harry-Meghan obsessives on the other.

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2021 5:22 PM

R25 Philip's letters in support of Diana were entered into evidence at her inquest. He said something like "Mama and I think Charles is mad to prefer Camilla over you.."

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2021 5:22 PM

Miss Charlotte does love to steal focus doesn't she...

The 2040s should be fun...if we still have a planet.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote]Miss Charlotte does love to steal focus doesn't she...

OMG - THAT'S WHO MADE MEGHAN CRY!!!!

Kate is taking the fall for Charlotte, the evil mastermind. Charlotte made Meghan cry. Charlotte asked about skin colour. Charlotte kept Meghan locked indoors for four months. Charlotte pretended to answer the phone in HR!

How it all makes sense now!

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2021 5:28 PM

And I will never ask if she's OK!

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2021 5:29 PM

The two new photos of the Queen and Philip with their great grand kids just reinforces what the Sussex children have missed and will will be miss in the future because of their shitty parents' decisions.

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2021 5:30 PM

^ one WILL will do.

by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Archie's parents have robbed him of much, R72. God help those 2 children, isolated from family on both sides, subjected to constant change in caregivers and mental illness, quite tragic.

That Harry claimed to have a "jet on standby" but chose not to see his grandfather in person and that Archie has been kept from all of his relatives speaks for itself. These children will grow up together and no $ from Disney means more than those memories.

by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2021 5:32 PM

R94 is there any real loss on Meghan's side though? Her family would need a week on Jerry Springer to untangle all the estrangements.

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2021 5:33 PM

They have not spent time with the family, R83, what could she post? It was their choice not to say goodbye in person and to cut Archie off from his cousins the better to play victim and blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote]what could she post?

Well, she seems to like to go bit by bit.... I think we've seen a foot? So there's ten toes, ten fingers, two years, a nose, two arms...

by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2021 5:35 PM

R77 - I would bet on Sunshine Sachs over the idiots at Buckingham Palace, Clearance House and Kensington Palace any day.

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2021 5:35 PM

Thomas was extremely involved in MeAgain's life, R94 and continuted to volunteer for theater productions at her private school even after her graduation. Do I think he could be a loving grandfather and add to Archie's life? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2021 5:36 PM

LOL... autocorrect gone wild, I know, R98, but maybe we should start calling Montecito Clearance House. It works on a lot of levels.

by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2021 5:37 PM

R87, the quotes by Scobie, the Gruesome Twosome mouthpiece were not disputed by them.

by Anonymousreply 101April 14, 2021 5:38 PM

How does having a private jet "on standby" and lecturing the masses on the environment and lessening one's carbon footprint gel?

by Anonymousreply 102April 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Meghan seems to be the only relationship he had in his family R99. He and his son are estranged, Sam only came back into his life when she needed to use him, and by all accounts, he wasn't involved with his other grandchildren. I think Meghan is a MESS, but she's just following the family motto.

by Anonymousreply 103April 14, 2021 5:40 PM

R100 - Why????

by Anonymousreply 104April 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Hypothetically if a photo of Archie and Philip were released, doesn’t that somewhat counteract the “racist family” perception some hold?

by Anonymousreply 105April 14, 2021 5:42 PM

Well, they cleared outta the UK, there's been a lot of people cleared out of a lot of loves, and the clearance section is where you put the cheap stuff that's been marked down because nobody bought it.

by Anonymousreply 106April 14, 2021 5:43 PM

lives

by Anonymousreply 107April 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Every family has their issues (I have a pathologically insane aunt) but the Markles are a special breed. Everybody's estranged from everybody, meth, fighting, arrests.

R105 if they have any photos besides the christening, I'd be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 108April 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Well, she is just protecting her son from that racist family.

by Anonymousreply 109April 14, 2021 5:44 PM

Oh, don't worry, R108.... we've got every Zoom call saved.

by Anonymousreply 110April 14, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote] I see what you mean though...elevated ranks from the Queen, not while actually serving. I don’t understand the point of it myself. It’s like getting an honorary degree from a university and then calling yourself doctor.

It's a throwback to the 9th century and before, when the monarch's sons actually led the troops into battle by dint of high birth rather than by talent or capability.

The whole idea of royal birth makes no sense today, and it particularly seems crazy that princes like Edward (who didn't even make it through full military training) are given military titles--Harry and Andrew saw armed combat, and Charles and Anne and William actually made it through full training and served for a while.

What they should have done is to have made the whole funeral just a private one like the one for the Duke of Windsor rather than a state ceremonial one, since it had been intended to be so low-key anyway.

by Anonymousreply 111April 14, 2021 5:45 PM

"Clearance" also denotes:

Sales BIn

Cheap Cast-Offs

Dime a Dozen

Junk No One Wants

....its endless

by Anonymousreply 112April 14, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]and it particularly seems crazy that princes like Edward (who didn't even make it through full military training) are given military titles

OK, first of all, those honourary titles are given at the invitation of the Regiment. They don't just go bobbing for titles.

Second, Princess Anne is military tough, but she never made it through training or served in any of the forces. Her military appointments are purely honorary.

You're not the one who has the Queen in a widow's veil or claimed Harry could quarantine with Huge, are you?

by Anonymousreply 113April 14, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote]....its endless

Rather like their approach to privacy.

by Anonymousreply 114April 14, 2021 5:52 PM

Reportedly, R110, Philip did not use Zoom. The family called him on a landline.

Almost every word that comes out of their mouths is twisted, spun or untrue. See stories to Cordon as one example.

by Anonymousreply 115April 14, 2021 5:52 PM

I see no reason for it to be anything other than a royal ceremonial funeral, i.e. a funeral for a member of the Royal Family who, although not monarch, was an important part of the national fabric. Philip was a member of the Royal Family for almost 74 years and was consort to the monarch for most of that period. His mother-in-law, the Queen Mother, was a member of the Family for 79 years, was also consort (a crowned Queen in her case), and also received a royal ceremonial funeral.

The practice of the children receiving military appointments may seem a little silly, but I think it is appropriate for the various regiments to have long-term, honorary figureheads, and I believe that only members of the Royal Family are suited to that position. Admittedly, they could perhaps wear fewer medals.

by Anonymousreply 116April 14, 2021 5:53 PM

R116 is in response to R111.

by Anonymousreply 117April 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Doing so would have put a lid on Harry and Andrew acting out already, R111. Perhaps it was a wish of Philips.

by Anonymousreply 118April 14, 2021 5:54 PM

R116, have you shared your various permissions with the Royal Family? I'm sure they'll be relieved.

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Maybe she will photoshop one, R108. Some of those christening photos were a bit odd, like Catherine sitting in a chair that lacked 4 legs. One wonders.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2021 5:56 PM

I think Anne will sit with her mum and be her escort to the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2021 6:00 PM

If you can't see the pictures...

Here's one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2021 6:06 PM

Here's the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2021 6:07 PM

The Rottweiler is the mastermind behind it all. The Rottweiler encouraged M to trip up the little princess. The Rottweiler encouraged H&M to take a powder to California. The Rottweiler encouraged M to spill the beans on the RF. The Rottweiler told Andrew to give that interview. The Rottweiler encouraged him to insist on the Admiral's uniform. Blame her!

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2021 6:38 PM

When he was with moi ,Andrew always dressed as a Rear Admiral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2021 6:47 PM

The Queen should force Andrew to go dressed as Cap'n Crunch. That's good enough for him.

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2021 6:55 PM

Edo picked one hell of a time to marry into the BRF. A few months after Andrew's Newsnight interview and a few months before Meghan's Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2021 7:19 PM

I can't believe that Prince Harry would have behaved so badly without her around. He may have issues but he doesn't seem like the type to be malicious to his family without the prompting of someone who is capable of taking whatever negativity he may feel and bringing it out and enlarging it.

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2021 7:26 PM

R128 Not to mention in the middle of a pandemic. I’m disappointed, I want to see more of the little Italian.

by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2021 7:27 PM

Streaking at his father's 50th bday party suggests otherwise, R129. She has however made things worse, he had not engaged an aggerssive PR firm before her arrival.

Edo has grifter written all over him.

by Anonymousreply 131April 14, 2021 7:42 PM

Why can’t Harry wear the military dress of rank of Captain that he earned during his two tours? And not the rank the Queen gave and withdrew, that Anne and Edward like to cosplay in?

by Anonymousreply 132April 14, 2021 7:45 PM

It is against the rules of the British military, R132. Look them up and you will see. Holding a current honorary position is a different category. Harry is not currently serving nor holding a current honorary position, so he can wear his medals, as he did in CA, but not the uniform. It is actually a criminal offense under British law.

by Anonymousreply 133April 14, 2021 7:55 PM

R129 what has Harry done this week?

by Anonymousreply 134April 14, 2021 8:17 PM

Well, R129, for starters, he's been talking to Meghan a lot. Or texting when not talking.

by Anonymousreply 135April 14, 2021 8:23 PM

Just for anyone struggling to keep track, the Oracle:

Stayed in California on doctor's orders

But also didn’t want to be the centre of attention

But also she left it up to Harry

But also Doria forbade it

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2021 8:32 PM

Queen Margrethe II and her sisters wore full face veils on their hats at the funeral of their mother Queen Ingrid some years back. The Queen also wore the full veil at her husbands funeral. Queen Margrethe is considerably less farty than Queen Elizabeth, and also a bit younger, so it doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility that Elizabeth will be heavily veiled.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2021 8:59 PM

Now the Telegraph is reporting the men may all go in civilian dress given the fracas over uniforms. They cite the cause of the whole debate as idiot Andrew as well. That guy hasn't learned a damned thing,

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] Do you know who would have loved to have been an Admiral? Prince Philip. And he was on his way. But he had to give that all up.

???

He WAS an admiral--the admiral of admirals, in fact. He was the Admiral of the Fleet of the Royal British Navy from 1958 until his death.

by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2021 9:11 PM

R137 Queen Ingrid of Denmark died in 2000 - rather more than some years back. I’m not sure what you mean by “less farty” but if you believe that the Royal Danish court is more relaxed than that of the House of Windsor then you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

HM was last seen veiled at the funeral of her father. 69 years ago. Times have changed.

by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2021 9:25 PM

What exactly did Andrew demand?

by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2021 9:30 PM

If Andy legitimately served in the Navy he has every right to wear his Uniform

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2021 9:31 PM

R141, he wanted to wear a Royal Navy uniform, presumably the kind with a lot of gold braid.

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2021 9:33 PM

I don’t mind going if a lunch is provided.

by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2021 9:34 PM

Me neither!

by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2021 9:35 PM

Well, then, champagne for LuLu!

by Anonymousreply 146April 14, 2021 9:36 PM

R142, he doesn't have the right to wear a uniform. He is no longer in the military. He may wear his medals, nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 147April 14, 2021 9:36 PM

Will the Queen feign a faint?

by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2021 9:37 PM

R147 I see. So how can Charles etc still wear?

by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2021 9:40 PM

R142, no. The rules for UK military are if not actively serving or in an honorary role can wear medals only. As Harry did in CA. It is actually a criminal offense in UK.

That Andrew and Harry are acting up this way is reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 150April 14, 2021 9:45 PM

Current honorary roles for Charles, R148.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 14, 2021 9:46 PM

Members of the Royal family could resolve to wear non-military dress for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral following intense discussions over who should appear in uniform.

The Telegraph understands that there are growing concerns that a debate over whether the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York should wear military dress could lead to embarrassment for the rest of the Royal family, when they are the only ones who have seen active service.

On Wednesday, the Queen was dragged into the discussion over which rank of uniform Prince Andrew should wear after he demanded to go as an Admiral.

It followed reports that Prince Harry, 36, faced the prospect of possibly being the only senior male royal not in uniform after he lost his military titles following his decision to step down from public duties in March 2020.

Although no final decision has been made, it is thought non-military uniform for all royal mourners is now one of the options under consideration.

A source revealed: “Harry desperately wanted to appear in uniform. Meanwhile there has been a row over what Andrew should wear. It’s looking increasingly likely [that] all the male members of the family will be told to wear suits to avoid any embarrassment on the day.”

Prince Andrew, 61, who stepped back from public duties over his friendship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein 18 months ago, was made an honorary Vice-Admiral in the Royal Navy on his 55th birthday in 2015.

He was due to be promoted to Admiral on his 60th birthday last year, but offered to defer it until he cleared his name and returned to royal engagements.

by Anonymousreply 152April 14, 2021 9:52 PM

Amid reports the prince had caused ructions at Buckingham Palace after telling his mother and senior officials he wished to attend the 3pm ceremony at St George’s Chapel as an Admiral, a source on Wednesday night said he would “do what is appropriate”, adding that he had “neither wish nor intention to distract from” his father's funeral.

It came after one former Territorial Army officer blasted the move as a “hissy fit” that is “not going to go down very well”.

Prince Harry, who is quarantining at Frogmore Cottage, his former Windsor home, having arrived in the UK from Los Angeles on Sunday, is understood to have wanted to wear the frockcoat Blues and Royals uniform he wore on his wedding day in May 2018. As a former Captain with the Household Cavalry, it was suggested the prince would only be able to wear a morning suit with medals, unless officials could find a way round the issue.

Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the dress code. It is thought the final decision will rest with the 94-year-old monarch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 14, 2021 9:53 PM

The middle aged throwing tantrums over playing dress up, they lack all sense of shame.

by Anonymousreply 154April 14, 2021 9:53 PM

Wonder why there are so many contradictory stories about where Harry is staying?

This clothing nonesense is ridiculous. Everyone loathesome jockying around while Anne and William behave with decoroum and Edward and his family are clearly grief stricken.

by Anonymousreply 155April 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Paul Bradshaw 14 Apr 2021 5:35PM “Grandma it’s not FAIR that William wears a uniform and I have to wear a boring old suit! Grandma, make him wear a suit too! Make him! Make him!”

Flag Treacle Tart 14 Apr 2021 5:41PM @Paul Bradshaw After the last big royal ceremony, whatever it was, William wore the droopy gold rope thing on his uniform but Harry was not entitled to it. It means you are an aide-de-camp to the Queen. Afterwards Harry kicked up a big fuss and demanded that the Queen make him an aide-de-camp too so that he could wear the gold rope, and she gave it to him. A flashy uniform is very, very important to him and he cannot tolerate William having a better uniform than he does.

by Anonymousreply 156April 14, 2021 9:58 PM

Michael Byrne 14 Apr 2021 5:25PM So to preserve the ego of a quitter, a modern day Edward VIII, no one else can wear a uniform they have a right to wear, to honor one who had an UNDISPUTED right to wear it?

Irene Brown 14 Apr 2021 5:22PM It would be wrong for the members of the royal family to wear suits and not to wear military uniforms for Prince Philip's funeral .

If the Queen has suggested this to make Harry feel more comfortable then she is making a mistake .

If he is the only one to wear a suit it will make him realise what he has lost .

He does not deserve any consideration after what he has done .

I suspect the only reason he was upset at losing his honorary titles was that he would not be able to mince about in fancy uniforms.

by Anonymousreply 157April 14, 2021 10:00 PM

Such a wonderful way for the two outcasts, Andrew and Harry, to remain low-key, with appropriate decorum during this time of mourning for Prince Phillip. I am sure Harry is "mending fences" with his brother as fast as he can while in England.

by Anonymousreply 158April 14, 2021 10:02 PM

Meanwhile Anne and Edward must be furious as both ladies wanted to wear their unearned uniforms!

How very DARE you!!!

by Anonymousreply 159April 14, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]Wonder why there are so many contradictory stories about where Harry is staying?

One does wonder. And the shame is each one generates another news story.

by Anonymousreply 160April 14, 2021 10:07 PM

David Cunliffe 14 Apr 2021 4:43PM Perhaps ‘Suits’ are most appropriate, as Meghan is not able to attend?

Flag Anthony French 14 Apr 2021 4:45PM @David Cunliffe

Haha ! Good one .

Jared Dunn 14 Apr 2021 4:35PM If all the family wear suits - this is going to reflect badly on Andrew and Harry. It’ll no doubt be seen as backing down to petulance. Won’t and shouldn’t matter a jot to the main focus of the day - HM and commemorating the Duke of Edinburgh. But what a conversation to be having!

Pip Squeak 14 Apr 2021 4:33PM The only uniform the arrogant charlatans Andrew and Harry should wear on Saturday is sackcloth and ashes.

The Princess Royal needs a stern word in both their ears and at the same time box their ears together. Idiots.

Of course, making the Queen look weak serves only the interests of MeAgain.

by Anonymousreply 161April 14, 2021 10:07 PM

The Queen should just tell them all to wear ordinary suits and that's that. Andrew's made a mockery of the whole thing. No need for military uniforms. It's not supposed to be about egos, it's supposed to be about paying their respects to Philip and supporting the Queen in her hour of need.

by Anonymousreply 162April 14, 2021 10:08 PM

I like this idea...

Anthony French 14 Apr 2021 4:31PM Just tell the spoilt brats that everyone will be in Morning Dress and then quietly let Charles and William turn up in Uniform as they are the heirs !

Incidentally, as usual Edward keeps quiet and causes no waves and thank goodness that it will be he becomes D of E and not either of the other two !

Flag Simon Dodd 14 Apr 2021 4:30PM Andrew and Harry putting their petty grievances before the well-being of a recently widowed 94 year old. Typical of this pair of low lifes

by Anonymousreply 163April 14, 2021 10:09 PM

George Nimmo 14 Apr 2021 4:26PM RF need to be a bit more in tune with public opinion or we might find ourselves in a Republic. Ditch Harry and Andrew.

Flag Marcus Plantagenet 14 Apr 2021 4:36PM @ George Nimmo

Yes, they should do the honourable thing and retire entirely from public life. Andrew has clearly kept unsavoury company and has at the least embarrassed the Queen and our country. Harry is clearly dead set on turning himself into a fair ground attraction. There's little to be done given his unwise choices, but he is a one trick pony, and a poor trick at that.

by Anonymousreply 164April 14, 2021 10:11 PM

I gotta admit... I am a bit surprised by the extent of the feeling against Harry. I knew things had changed and I assume those comments are from the Mail but still... pretty pointed.

by Anonymousreply 165April 14, 2021 10:15 PM

Comments are from the Telegraph actually.

by Anonymousreply 166April 14, 2021 10:16 PM

Why can't Harry dust off the Nazi uniform? He seemed so proud to wear it in front of his pals! It's not good enough for the press and such? Why's that, Harry? It's the one you chose, little buddy!

by Anonymousreply 167April 14, 2021 10:19 PM

R166: yikes!

by Anonymousreply 168April 14, 2021 10:20 PM

I just watched the episode of The Windsors where Camilla tries to poison the Middletons and Fergie takes her daughters to Glastonbury. I'd forgotten how funny it is. They need to do a fourth series.

by Anonymousreply 169April 14, 2021 10:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 14, 2021 10:24 PM

On Saturday, when the nation comes to a halt for the funeral of one of its last bona fide Second World War heroes, not one of Prince Philip's family will be clad in military uniform.

Instead his sons, daughter, grandsons and cousins – who by virtue of appointment or distinguished service have a right to regimental or naval dress – will be in mourning clothes: Tailcoats for the men and dresses of black crepe for the women.

Not a flash of ceremonial gold stripe nor a navy blue sash will be on view, no decorated peak caps to be raised and lowered as protocol demands and no snappy salutes given.

So how on earth has it come to this?

A delicate compromise was how it was being seen in Palace circles last night, an attempt to head off the possibility of yet another internal family row.

But to many it will look less like a concession and more like a capitulation. In an instant, centuries of tradition have been overturned.

The reason? A question of uniforms for two royal dukes.

The two dukes, of course, are Prince Andrew and Prince Harry, both semi-detached from royal life yet both with a compelling hold on a military heritage.

by Anonymousreply 171April 14, 2021 10:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 14, 2021 10:30 PM

I could understand being whiny if it was a state occasion, a gala event, something on the balcony.

But the idea of being so petulant over wearing ornaments at the funeral of my father or grandfather...beyond the pale.

Honestly, throw Andrew and Harry in the Tower and be done with them. Absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 173April 14, 2021 10:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 14, 2021 10:31 PM

Arp09mhc, NA, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago

My late grandmother had to deal with a temper tantrum from my 60 yr old father the day of my grandfathers funeral. He threw a hissy fit because his ex wife wanted to pay her respects. Our relationship has never been the same, I'll never forget the selfishness of it, or how selfless my grandmother was. She still put her son first, but alas this probably contributed him to becoming the man child that he is. Sometimes you have to be harsh to be kind.

Diving Nut, Winnsboro Texas, United States, 1 hour ago

Why should his feelings be spared, he cared nothing for sparing his grandfathers feelings in his last days.

Bronwen, Brighton, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

So those two misbehave, and we lose yet another tradition???

chazi, London , United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

Prince Philip requested that military uniforms be worn. Thanks to the jealous, petulant and spoilt Halfwit his final wishes won't be fulfilled.

Concerned007, Braintree, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

What a shame. Are the spares throwing a tantrum?

Teapot, London, about an hour ago

Oh how disrespectful to Philips memory - a proud serviceman. Stop pandering to these two spoilt ninnies! That is precisely WHY they are nothing so arrogant and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 175April 14, 2021 10:37 PM

Can we stop posting the fucking Daily Mail comments?

by Anonymousreply 176April 14, 2021 10:38 PM

KingAgamemnon, Utopia, Greece, about an hour ago

Just let Harry and Andy ride roughshod over the whole lot of them - ridiculous!

TwinnieHug1, Chorley, United Kingdom, 17 minutes ago

Not a good decision by the Queen. May create more rather than less family discord. But it is letting down the Duke of Edinburgh; and certainly let's down the public who are barred from a proper State Funeral. All to keep "Dirty Harry" happy who does not care two hoots about duty nor the British public.

Scroll on by, R176, by all means. Most of the comments were actually from The Telegraph, a different readership altogether.

by Anonymousreply 177April 14, 2021 10:39 PM

I don't believe the DM. It's going to be a military funeral.

Pox on the whiners Hal and Andrew

by Anonymousreply 178April 14, 2021 10:40 PM

R177 god forbid you share your own thoughts

by Anonymousreply 179April 14, 2021 10:41 PM

When it comes to family conflict, the Queen is weaker than tissue paper. Shame, but true.

by Anonymousreply 180April 14, 2021 10:42 PM

Harry and Andrew are fools. Acting like Southern Belles at Cotillion. I shall henceforth refer to them as Blush and Bashful.

by Anonymousreply 181April 14, 2021 10:44 PM

I wish, R178, but it was in The Telegraph too and she tends to have good sources.

Please stop hall monitoring, R179. I was sharing thoughts of the British public, quite relevant.

This makes the Queen look terribly weak, very unfortunate. The lack of accountability, esp given that Philip was hospitalized the day after Harry told them of the interview, is difficult. Those that do the right thing for the country, institution and FAMILY are dragged down to the level of those who actively seek to harm. Andrew and Harry with those interviews have done the monarchy and family no favors.

by Anonymousreply 182April 14, 2021 10:46 PM

I heard that instead of uniforms they will be carrying burnt sausages and Phil's favorite beer because it's more authentic.

by Anonymousreply 183April 14, 2021 10:47 PM

Hopefully Philip's German relations are fluent in English. The Queen nor her children can speak German. (The Queen has done speeches in German, but only phonetically.) Oddly enough, Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother hated Germany and the Germans spoke fluent German as she was raised by a German governess.

by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2021 10:48 PM

Daddy's/Grandpa's funeral is about ME!!!!!!

Lock Harry and Andy in a room, drop in 2 swords, and tell them the winner gets to keep his titles. Then never unlock the room.

by Anonymousreply 185April 14, 2021 10:49 PM

R180 - and now she no longer even has Philip, whom she always treated as the real head of the household, to put his foot down for her. I don't envy her having to keep that ragtag lot in check by herself

by Anonymousreply 186April 14, 2021 10:55 PM

Best idea yeat, R185.

The poster who said family members become MORE themselves in times of family stress, sadly, was correct.

And Harry and Andrew, by their actions over the past weeks are the types who press for advantage at times of vulnerability, decency and optics be damned.

The Queen really needs an enforcer figure now that Philip is gone. William must be seething.

MeAgain could still fly in!

by Anonymousreply 187April 14, 2021 10:56 PM

Congrats trolls. You have made it on to several of the top gossip sites online. They are using this thread as an example of UK tabloid trolling. Someone noticed that the joint Andrew and Harry are the baddies etc trolling was being repeated on major sites. They are now comparing your trolling with three other sites. Near identical comments .They then analysed the links included. Identical. All link back to identical source. A blue tick with over a million followers has just asked his followers to do some investigating and post what they find on twitter. Uhhh ohhh.

by Anonymousreply 188April 14, 2021 10:56 PM

yet

my kingdom for an edit button, muriel

by Anonymousreply 189April 14, 2021 10:56 PM

Take your meds, R188.

by Anonymousreply 190April 14, 2021 10:57 PM

[quote] Someone noticed that the joint Andrew and Harry are the baddies etc trolling was being repeated on major sites.

But they ARE, Blanche, they are.

Another Sunshine Sucks PR FAIL. Or was it MeMe directly. Stories, likely false, of Harry chumming with the daughters and presenting a demanding front with Uncle Andy - people with any character are disgusted. Narcs always side with abusers, they like to think the world is like them and they are not antisocial freaks.

by Anonymousreply 191April 14, 2021 11:07 PM

Fine. It’s no skin off Charles and William’s backs in the grand scheme of things. They’re still going to be kings, and they have many other occasions to wear their regalia.

Stomping their feet about humiliation is humiliating, no?

by Anonymousreply 192April 14, 2021 11:10 PM

As one of the more prominent members of the Royal Family, I feel I should point out that it seems many posters need to go back to the Colonies.

by Anonymousreply 193April 14, 2021 11:18 PM

Insider info. Unprecedented amount of comments from actual Military vets who were fucked off that Harry who served two tours to Afghanistan and served for ten years was been refused permission to wear his uniform frightened someone. So now if you go look at the UK's tabloids they are pushing that Harry and Andrews sulking means everybody has to wear non military outfits. When in fact it was the huge amount of pissed off comments from actual Vets. It is journalists leaking by the way.

by Anonymousreply 194April 14, 2021 11:28 PM

I do not believe you, R194.. The rules for the UK military are clear. If not active or acting in an honorary capacity, uniforms cannot be worn and doing so is literally a crime. Only medals can be worn.

Soldiers saw Harry's service for what it was, PR.

He barely showed up to Invictus events in Oz. Service members are not idiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 14, 2021 11:33 PM

Just one more comment

the lazy marotte, baku, Azerbaijan, 18 minutes ago

Doesn't take away the fact, that Harry has been stripped of his military titles. He is just a man saying goodbye to his great grand dad..no more no less..he will be on a flight away by Sunday morning, back to the world of la la

by Anonymousreply 196April 14, 2021 11:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 14, 2021 11:38 PM

R154 - They live in a different world. Military service for the royals is an important part of their work for the nation and the monarchy. Considering Philip's long service in the Navy, it's rather insulting to his service to force his sons and grandsons not to show that they followed in his footsteps.

They frequently wear uniforms after leaving the service. Charles wasn't a serving naval office when he married Diana in 1981; he left in 1976, but, he still wore the uniform of a Royal Navy Commander at the wedding. By the way, Charles also trained as a pilot with the Royal Air Force.

William wore the uniform of Colonel in the Irish Guards when he got married.

Andrew still was a serving naval officer when he married, so wore the ceremonial dress uniform of a Navy lieutenant.

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2021 11:39 PM

It is only allowed to wear the uniform if serving in an honorary role, R198, otherwise, after active service, only medals can be worn. It is a criminal offense to wear the uniform under other circumstances.

It does make for striking dress up and pagentry and bestowing honorary roles is one of the powers of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 199April 14, 2021 11:41 PM

I want to play dress up at Daddy's/Grandpa's funeral!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 200April 14, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote]This makes the Queen look terribly weak, very unfortunate.

Well, given that she's just lost her spouse of 70-odd years and that the loss of spouse is supposed to be one of life's major stressors, maybe we can give her a pass on this one?

by Anonymousreply 201April 14, 2021 11:45 PM

What a strange and strangled reading of my comment, R119. I do not purport to give "permission" to the royals to do anything, I was merely expressing my opinion as to what they do and expressing my disagreement with R111 in that regard. Expressing one's opinion is the whole point of this thread, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 202April 14, 2021 11:46 PM

Harry and Andrew should be decent and urge that those entitled to wear uniforms should please do so.

I keep recalling the Tony Blair line in The Queen: Will someone please save these people from themselves? All of sudden Charles' slimmed down monarchy looks like a really good idea.

by Anonymousreply 203April 14, 2021 11:46 PM

You're so grand, R202; Pray continue expressing one's opinion and won't you pass the watercress sandwiches?

by Anonymousreply 204April 14, 2021 11:48 PM

Philip despised Fergie. Now he's gone, she'll start showing up everywhere. Shudder. Her two daughters are going to be pushing to get the jobs the Harkles were sort of doing. I think Zara Tindall will probably start showing up as a working royal too.

by Anonymousreply 205April 14, 2021 11:48 PM

I do give her a pass, R201, but it was Harry and Andy who set up the situation. Them, I do not give a pass. Given Harry's anti-monarchist drive, it is another attempt to land a body blow.

by Anonymousreply 206April 14, 2021 11:49 PM

She’s a good egg, that Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 207April 14, 2021 11:50 PM

So if Fergie on a walk didn't get leaked by Fergie herself, I'll eat my ermine. Which suggests maybe Fergie was the source of the whole uniform brouhaha to begin with?

These dreadful people who can't seem to let the week pass with any kind of dignity... scampering around leaking to big themselves up... it's truly deplorable. What an undignified circus. The Sussexes and the Yorks aren't emerging from this looking any good and they started off on the back foot.

by Anonymousreply 208April 14, 2021 11:51 PM

Not at all grand, R204 (common as muck, actually); I just hate the miserable people who try to take the good out of an innocent pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 209April 14, 2021 11:52 PM

R207, no she’s not. Did you forget her selling access? She might be jolly on the outside, but she’s a scheming grifter like that other spare’s wife.

by Anonymousreply 210April 14, 2021 11:52 PM

The fact is, both brothers wore uniforms after leaving active military service at their weddings, as did their father.

They have appeared routinely at the Trooping the Colour in uniforms well AFTER leaving active service.

I can well imagine the comments of veterans toward Harry, especially after his farcical and incredibly disrespectful appearance at the last Royal Marines event he attended, with his wife dressed in red and hanging all over him like a cheap suit, both of which are totally against Royal Marine protocol.

But R194 is right, this will play in the tabloids as a petulant, whingeing, sulking Harry, particularly, stamping his foot and screaming about being mistreated . . . after throwing his entire family under the bus a month ago.

Harry may get what he's after, another short-term tactical dig at his brother and father, but just as the interview and Meghan's comments this week have done, it will backfire on him and make him look worse than ever he would have, if he'd just quietly worn his mourning suit and not acted like this entire funeral was about him, not his grandfather.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen wishes them all at the bottom of the Thames. Staring with Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 211April 14, 2021 11:53 PM

The question is—who’s leaking this stuff? I don’t believe it’s Harry, as he’s quarantining and I can’t imagine anyone telling him any gossip at all, and it isn’t Andrew because this makes him look terrible. My opinion? Charles. He’s leaked stuff before about his sons, and we know how he feels about Andrew. Or the tabloids are just making shit up (which is just as probable).

by Anonymousreply 212April 14, 2021 11:54 PM

^*starting (not staring) with Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 213April 14, 2021 11:55 PM

Will Wills and Kate invite Harry over for a pot luck dinner?

by Anonymousreply 214April 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 14, 2021 11:59 PM

R205 - They'll do nothing of the kind. Charles will see to that. And if they had any such dreams, allying themselves with Harry and Meghan, as Eugenie is reputed to have done, is the best way to be sure it doesn't happen.

And, I doubt Bea has the slightest interest in it. She looka placed, old-fashioined gel happy to have gotten married to a looker and longing to have babies. Eugenie looks more the type, but her husband is quite wealthy, she has a trust fund, they don't need money - and then there's the little matter of their disgraced father.

I wouldn't count on the York girls showing up any time soon as "working royals".

And neither Harry NOR the Brooksbanks have been seen at Frogmore. There are paps everywhere and no one has been seen at Frogmore Cottage. Harry has been staying in Nottingham Cottage, on the grounds of Kensington Palace.

Two-thirds of this stuff is the tabloids stirring the pot for clicks. They know the BRF can't come out and correct every damn lie the tabloids tell.

by Anonymousreply 216April 15, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]The Queen is not going to be wearing a widow's veil at the funeral. It's 2021 for Chrissakes.

Made me think of this photo...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 15, 2021 12:01 AM

R215 it was 3 years after WWII and all his sisters were married to Germans. Whether they were Nazis or not, it would've been awkward at BEST to have them there

by Anonymousreply 218April 15, 2021 12:03 AM

^*she looks a placid (not placed) . . .

damn this fucking autocorrect to hell, can't someone get it a thesaurus or something?

by Anonymousreply 219April 15, 2021 12:03 AM

Oh who cares, as long as I get to wear my tiara!

by Anonymousreply 220April 15, 2021 12:11 AM

Why on earth wouldn't she wear a widow's veil?! So what if it's 2021? It's partly to give the woman some privacy. She's an old-fashioned sort, at that. She's still wearing those damned pearls (pearls are so OUT now, it's tragic, they're so feminine), isn't she?! Good God, it's being televised, at least she won't have the fucking cameras up her nose and into her tear ducts. IT's a very royal thing to do.

As you can see, Queen Margrethe of Denmark three years ago wore a veil thrown back over her hat at her husband's funeral. And if you scroll down you'll see photographs of her weeping with tissues pressed up against her eyes.

At least the veil forward would have given her some discreet cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 15, 2021 12:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 15, 2021 12:15 AM

She won't. And the cameras will be forbidden from focusing on them except during entry, exit and from the back. They were kept strictly off at Diana's funeral for exactly that reason. I imagine the same for the Queen Mother at Westminster Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 223April 15, 2021 12:16 AM

R220 - She isn't The Princess Charlotte of Wales. She's HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge.

by Anonymousreply 224April 15, 2021 12:17 AM

Please, veils are everything at a funeral!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 15, 2021 12:31 AM

Oh, God, remember that circus?! That was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 226April 15, 2021 12:32 AM

Veils, Bob Mackie, her own songs, the sheer genius of borrowing Michael Jackson's kids the day... you can't make this shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227April 15, 2021 12:35 AM

R225, Celine was trying to channel Jackie On Assistance.

by Anonymousreply 228April 15, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] Fergie has been right by The Queen's side this past week, but won't be going to the funeral.

There is nothing wrong with grifters targeting people when they are most vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 229April 15, 2021 12:42 AM

The Queen addressed the nation the night before her mother's funeral to thank them for her support. Wonder if she'll do the same for Philip.

As an aside: if the Queen Mother had been born nine months earlier than she was, her life would have spanned three centuries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 15, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] Fergie has been right by The Queen's side this past week

Lucky old Queen, eh?

by Anonymousreply 231April 15, 2021 12:48 AM

R221 Here’s a clue - Denmark is not part of the United Kingdom. The Queen of Denmark and the Queen of the United Kingdom are not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 232April 15, 2021 12:52 AM

This rending over garments is tearing us apart!

by Anonymousreply 233April 15, 2021 12:54 AM

It’s as if we were back in the 16th century, with everyone around the Queen plotting and scheming and jostling for position.

by Anonymousreply 234April 15, 2021 12:56 AM

r63 Fergie has been at the castle since Prince Philip died?

by Anonymousreply 235April 15, 2021 12:56 AM

SA: claims the Maul.

Come to think of it, they probably pay her ten pounds per tip and she's so dumb and hungry she falls for it.

by Anonymousreply 236April 15, 2021 1:04 AM

Queen Margrethe not arty.

She outdoes Elizabeth in the duplicity of raging and behaving with royal hauteur when the cameras aren't around. Elizabeth is more open and relaxed at times with family, but she famously has one personality and manner for all comers.

Margrethe is letting her own heir dangle and age and, unlike Charles, Frederick is notorious for being a lazy do-nothing.

And Margrethe's husband HATED having to play second to Margrethe, cut himself off from many aspects of the life, and demanded to be buried away from his royal wife, which his widow had done.

And Margrethe's crazed tomb is beyond anything the unimpressed-by-honour, keep-it-simple Elizabeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 15, 2021 1:15 AM

R237 did you send that through Google Translate? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2021 1:20 AM

It's like the fking Lion in Winter except there are so many hammy attention-seeking whore actors in the production it looks like Showboat instead.

by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] Lucky old Queen, eh?—I'm sure she's positively thrilled

The queen actually [ital;c]likes[/italic] Fergie. She thinks she's funny and upbeat. It was Philip who couldn't stand her.

It's probable Andrew and Fergie will quietly re-marry now that Philip is dead. It will make Andrew seem more "settled" to be more married to her again, and more palatable to the public.

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2021 2:10 AM

R72, they likely saw one another frequently prior to COVID. They were all in Buckingham Palace much of the time.

by Anonymousreply 241April 15, 2021 2:13 AM

So no uniforms. That won't add even more bad feelings to this gathering at ALL!

by Anonymousreply 242April 15, 2021 2:13 AM

If Andrew believes he should marry Fergie again, he would take a stand and insist she be at his side during his father's funeral, instead of seeking more gold fiddly things for his costume.

by Anonymousreply 243April 15, 2021 2:21 AM

It may have been a specific request of Philip that she not be present, R243.

by Anonymousreply 244April 15, 2021 2:22 AM

I had a friend years ago who was close to an aristocratic gay couple in London who insisted Andrew was gay, everybody knew it and that was why he and Fergie split up and why he was so tolerant of Fergie's toe-sucking activities. They even claimed Andrew was HIV positive. The Epstein episode is confusing. I had always assumed he was solely gay.

by Anonymousreply 245April 15, 2021 2:24 AM

R195, that's not true about Harry's little service. He did serve seriously and wanted to go to Afghanistan, but was not allowed as he was still the spare. Agree with you about the uniform rules, though.

by Anonymousreply 246April 15, 2021 2:49 AM

R198, Charles actually had military titles when he married Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 15, 2021 3:06 AM

🤣 Please, tell me again that you're not all a bunch of ManFraus.

The author of the critique about Anne's hairstyle, cut and color gets to wear the ManFrau sash and crown for the rest of April.

by Anonymousreply 248April 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Why dont any of these idiots go to school and get a real job. Military service fine...but then what? At least Wm did some agriculture courses or something. What did Andrew ever do? Or Edward.

by Anonymousreply 249April 15, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]Why dont any of these idiots go to school and get a real job. Military service fine...but then what? At least Wm did some agriculture courses or something. What did Andrew ever do? Or Edward.

Edward worked in the legitimate theatre for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Group. He also produced a few videos that showcased some British castles that were played on PBS. He's really the only one that tried to get a job outside of the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 250April 15, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote] If Andrew believes he should marry Fergie again, he would take a stand and insist she be at his side during his father's funeral,

Never in a million years, because

1) Fergie is not his wife legally, which means everything to the BRF.

2) Philip couldn't stand her, so it would be an insult to her memory.

That's a truly, truly stupid suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 251April 15, 2021 6:50 AM

[quote]that's not true about Harry's little service. He did serve seriously and wanted to go to Afghanistan,

Uh, no. Ginger's Afghan service was a monumental PR exercise/collusion between the Ministry of Defence and the Brit media. Armed guards guarding Harry, keeping him as far away from the action as possible. There are several articles written at the time about what a farce the whole Harry does Helmand was. But the best indication as to the extent of the PR farce comes from Harry himself:

[quote]I'm one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I'm probably quite useful. You can ask the guys, I thrash them at FIFA the whole time. (ABC, Australia 23 Jan 2013)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 15, 2021 7:03 AM

A royal distraction: the trouble with Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 15, 2021 7:06 AM

In Dimbleby's authorized biography of Prince Charles, Charles said that his mother was emotionally and physically remote. He said that " his overbearing father forced him into a loveless marriage with Princess Diana. "

Why do Harry & Meghan get blasted for the Oprah interview when Charles said unflattering things about the Queen & Prince Philip? The monarchy didn't fall. It is the the Machiavellian palace courtiers who are the biggest danger to the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 254April 15, 2021 7:09 AM

[quote]and all his sisters were married to Germans. Whether they were Nazis or not,

Philip's sisters were ardent Nazis and Party members married to husbands who wore the uniform of the SS. Their Nazi loyalties were unequivocal.

by Anonymousreply 255April 15, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote] Philip's sisters were ardent Nazis and Party members married to husbands who wore the uniform of the SS. Their Nazi loyalties were unequivocal.

No, they were not at all :ardent." None of the three sisters was.

Cecilie married a German prince who joined the Nazi party early in the 30s, and it is true HE was an ardent Nazi (th0ugh she was not).

Theodora and Margerita married German princes who eventually had to join the Nazi Party or they would have been executed.

Stop making sensationalist shit up.

by Anonymousreply 256April 15, 2021 7:21 AM

R256 Cecilie also joined the party right before she was killed in a plane crash. The other two sisters married men who not only joined the party but wore the uniform of the SS.

Stop trivializing/rationalizing the Nazi scum his sisters and brothers-in-laws were.

by Anonymousreply 257April 15, 2021 7:25 AM

Oh for christsakes, invite Sarah Ferguson. She lives with Andrew. She's friends with the queen. And she's the mother of two daughters who seem to be very much liked in the royal family and who have never caused a scandal in their entire lives, quite a feat in that family.

by Anonymousreply 258April 15, 2021 9:09 AM

We hear a lot about Eugenie being close friends with Harry. Is she friendly with William too?

And what about Beatrice? We don't hear much about her friendships. Is Beatrice close friends with William and Harry?

by Anonymousreply 259April 15, 2021 9:12 AM

R258 Prince Philip hated Fergie after the photo was published of her sucking the toes of that guy from Texas. Prince Philip would leave a room if Fergie walked in.

by Anonymousreply 260April 15, 2021 9:26 AM

R258 Philip hadn't spoken to her in 25 years if you believe reports. Plus she's continued to disgrace the family. Why give her one of the limited spaces?

by Anonymousreply 261April 15, 2021 9:27 AM

Harry flew helicopters on two tours of Helmand province.

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2021 9:43 AM

R260, R261. And Camilla Parker-Bowes carries on an affair with Charles ruining damaging the monarchy and Diana's marriage before it began and throughout its duration. With your logic about Sarah, then Camilla should be barred from the funeral. Sarah Ferguson isn't going anywhere. It's time to forgive and stop with the endless grudges.

by Anonymousreply 263April 15, 2021 9:59 AM

*carried

by Anonymousreply 264April 15, 2021 10:00 AM

You only fit 30 in the church and HRM has to sit by herself.

I hope they lock Harry out - “No Room! Grandpa left a note: ‘Go fuck yourself! Thanks’”

by Anonymousreply 265April 15, 2021 10:09 AM

R263 With only 30 spots for the funeral, why would you give a spot to Fergie when Philip despised her? Philip kicked the bucket on Camila's anniversary. Isn't that enough punishment for her?

by Anonymousreply 266April 15, 2021 10:14 AM

I don't understand limiting it to just 30.

Even applying COVID restrictions, many more could safely be accommodated.

by Anonymousreply 267April 15, 2021 10:15 AM

What about Cindy McCain?

Isn't she our current Ambassador to Great Britain?

by Anonymousreply 268April 15, 2021 10:18 AM

R267, it would be perfectly reasonable for there to be more attendees, given the space in the Chapel. However, I'm not sure that the family would want special exemptions and, even if they did, the media would crucify them.

by Anonymousreply 269April 15, 2021 10:27 AM

Ahem. To everyone going crazy over who will or will not wear uniforms - nobody wore a uniform at Princess Diana's funeral, not even the Duke of Edinburgh. All those men and boys walking behind the coffin were in black suits.

That was the closest William ever came to a "Harry" moment. He was determined not to do that walk, because he thought it was exploitation of himself and Harry, until the Duke made it clear it was expected and he and Charles Spencer offered their physical support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 15, 2021 10:32 AM

R270 Prince Philip thought it was cruel to make Harry and William walk behind their mother's coffin. It was the wretched Men in Grey Suits who made the decision that the boys had to walk behind the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 271April 15, 2021 10:40 AM

R270 Diana wasn’t an army person like Philip.

by Anonymousreply 272April 15, 2021 10:45 AM

“HRM”, R265? What does that stand for?

by Anonymousreply 273April 15, 2021 10:46 AM

Well Charles wore a uniform to marry her, R272.

by Anonymousreply 274April 15, 2021 10:55 AM

God forbid Harry feel snubbed (that's for him to do).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 15, 2021 11:12 AM

Jiffy Pop! R33, I can't stop laughing!

by Anonymousreply 276April 15, 2021 11:18 AM

R254, that’s a fair question.

Just pointing out the differences, here. Charles called his mother “remote”. Meghan called an entire family “racist”. I suppose it’s one thing to criticize your own family while you’re in it, but an outsider coming in and doing on their way out it is another thing.

by Anonymousreply 277April 15, 2021 11:20 AM

r194 is so full of shit. I have close relatives in two branches of the British Armed Forces and it's clear that there is widespread loathing of Harry among members of the AF. They consider him a traitor to the Queen and to them. Many were delighted when Harry lost the Royal Marines, and delighted that Harry would never be able to besmirch the good name of the Armed Forces by being allowed to remain a part of and to wear the uniform.

If it was down to the Armed Forces themselves, Harry would have been stripped of his military titles the moment he skipped the Royal Marine memorial ceremony in Deal - a sacred event for the Marnes - in order to attend the Lion King Premiere.

by Anonymousreply 278April 15, 2021 11:27 AM

What was the reason given that he missed it?

Is R263 Fergie?!

Philip may have forgiven (who knows) but he certainly never wanted her back in the inner circle. If you haven't spoken to a person in 25 years why should you be given a spot at their funeral?

by Anonymousreply 279April 15, 2021 11:53 AM

There’s one thing that everyone forgets about Diana. She said in the Panorama interview, “There were three people in this marriage.” She invented the throuple.

by Anonymousreply 280April 15, 2021 12:02 PM

Did Camilla go to Diana's funeral?

I always laugh at some things Diana did, like calling Cam in the middle of the night and telling her she'd sent a hitman over to kill her! She could have been a Datalounger had she lived.

by Anonymousreply 281April 15, 2021 12:08 PM

R250, please, this funeral is fraught enough already! We'll probably see more of Fergie in public from here on in.

R254 Charles was idiotic to say those things to Dimbleby. He has a tendency to complain and explain. (See: his stupid suggestion of bullet-point rebuttal to Oprah interview.)

R281 Ha, I didn't know that about the hitman call. Is that true? We know what Diana did with Tiggy...Mary!

Unpopular opinion here, I always thought the sight of the important men in Diana's life following her coffin was very touching. There's something to be said for....I dunno, standing up for her in that way. Has William ever complained about it? I forget, how long did the walk actually take?

by Anonymousreply 282April 15, 2021 12:41 PM

R259, I've heard that William is closer to Anne's kids and Harry is closer to the York sisters. I don't know how accurate that is, though. There were rumours that William and Beatrice fell out a few years ago because he suspected her then-boyfriend of leaking stories to the press.

by Anonymousreply 283April 15, 2021 12:41 PM

R282 here, I messed up, my comment about Fergie not attending was directed at whoever suggested it. Not R250.

by Anonymousreply 284April 15, 2021 12:44 PM

R249 - William served in the RAF. Per his commission to the RAF he was a Flight Lieutenant and trained to become a helicopter pilot with the RAF's Search and Rescue Force at the Defence Helicopter Flying School at RAF Shawbury. He also got a respectable degree from St Andrews University, a 2:1 in geography. William graduated from what you would call "high school" with A-levels in geography, biology and history of art alongside 12 GCSEs.

Andrew served as a decoy pilot in the Falklands War. He was a bona fide action veteran as a Lieutenant, whatever else you may call him.

Harry's service in Afghanistan was a headache to his superiors, who had to keep moving him every time real danger approached, and because Harry was a magnet for the enemy, Harry's presence also increased the danger for his "comrades". He was known as an entitled pain in the arse, and the real reason he left the military was because he got a new C.O. that the didn't get on with.

For the record, both Andrew and Harry were known as self-entitled twats during their active military service. Andrew and Harry have more in common than Harry and William do.

Charles was also an active naval officer, and like William, has a respectable if not inspiring degree from Cambridge. He read anthropology, archaeology, and history, as well as studying Welsh history and language for a term in his second year at the University College of Wales in Aberystwyth.

Harry is the real academic failure in the family - unable to do more than the most basic academic work. He got only two A levels and was passed through Eton because of who he was.

The uniform debacle is, in my opinion, one of those gestures that gets mistaken for appeasement and capitulation, but in actuality again shows the Queen's far superior judgement. Her decision won't effect Charles and William except for today - they'll both have plenty of opportunities to wear uniform again, which both of them understand.

What the decision does is throw enormous shade on the characters of the two spoilt, self-entitled, immature twats of the family, increasing the family's disdain for them, particularly Harry, and putting Charles, Anne, and William into the roles of the dutiful, uncomplaining, long-suffering adults in the room.

Harry keeps managing to alienate and infuriate the one ally he had left, of sorts: his father. This is just another nail in the coffin of that relationship, along with the stories his bitch of wife leaked all week, and delegating more threats to his family about private conversations via Gayle King.

When Harry returns to Santa Barbara, where he clearly better belongs, he has by all odds gotten his last bit of indulgence from the family he betrayed. When the Queen goes, so will Harry's last bits of "relationship" with the BRF. As the glare (or the shadow, depending on your point of view) is increasingly focussed on William and Kate, the measure taken to ostracise and exclude Harry and Meghan will become harsher.

And if Charles unexpectedly dies either before his mother, or very shortly into his reign, and William and Kate ascend sooner than expected, that door will close fully and permanently on Harry with a slam heard in Outer Space.

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2021 12:45 PM

^*won't affect (not "effect") Charles and William . . .

Before the Oh, dear brigade come for me.

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote]Unpopular opinion here, I always thought the sight of the important men in Diana's life following her coffin was very touching.

Diana’s brother wasn’t that important to her in later life. When she died, he grabbed the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2021 12:52 PM

What happens when the Queen dies and it will be a State funeral? Will everyone be in civilian dress, to again, spare Harry and Andrew blushes?

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2021 12:52 PM

R254, the distinction, since you are not apt enough to realize it, is that Charles was speaking from within the family, in the midst of his life of work for the family, and the Sucksexes spoke from pique, greed, PR and anti-family manipulation in an attempt to continue to create a gravity of victimhood to be used for leverage.

The former was unfortunate but honest. The latter is cynical, hateful and damnably selfish.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2021 12:53 PM

R282 - I rather agree with you that too much has been made of the horror of that walk behind the coffin, and not enough of its symbolic benefits. It has been customary for the men of the family to walk behind, and I think what Philip said, that it would be easier for the boys if they didn't, but at some point later on they would regret it, holds some insight.

It was a rock and a hard place - if, for example, they had said, Yes, William at 15 should, but Harry at 12 (he was about to turn 13, the boys are only two years apart) was too young and should go ahead in the limousine with Gran, you may be sure that later on Harry, instead, would have been complaining about having been prevented from joining his "more important" brother in the lineup.

As the men of the family walking behind was a given, it was, just as the uniform issue is now, either both or neither. And it if had been neither, Philip may have been correct, that they would have felt to have been made to look like sissies if they'd gone with Gran in the limo.

No matter which way it went, the decision would have been called into question. I don't say the one made was absolutely the right one, but it being characterised as heinous and cruel is, I think, somewhat blinkered.

And either way William, only two years older than Harry, seems not to have allowed it to become the focus of his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2021 12:55 PM

They're all going to be so happy to hit the bar after that funeral service.

by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Agree, r285. Dimwit is on borrowed time. He just doesn't know it yet.

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2021 12:57 PM

R287 At the end of the day, he was her brother, representing her family. Of course he was going to be there. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Census staff in England and Wales were forced to take unpaid leave when Prince Philip died, after being told their work would halt out of respect for the Duke of Edinburgh but they would have to “make up their hours”.

Thousands of temporary workers at the Office for National Statistics (ONS), many earning just over £10 an hour, were told in an email they should stop working immediately and go home.

The email sent to field staff read: “Following the sad news of the death of HRH the Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, in line with civil service protocol we are recalling all staff from the field with immediate effect. Please return home. Some pre-planned activity can continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2021 12:59 PM

[quote]....that door will close fully and permanently on Harry with a slam heard in Outer Space.

And, R285, in space no one can hear you scream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2021 1:01 PM

R290, I agree so much. It's become part of the story that is was unforgivable and damaging for the boys to walk behind the coffin, but I've never understood why.

by Anonymousreply 296April 15, 2021 1:02 PM

R288 I imagine that Harry is sourly pleased at the "no uniforms" decree, and that Andrew is seething. Just more good vibes for the occasion!

by Anonymousreply 297April 15, 2021 1:02 PM

R296 There was something nice about the strength and solidarity it depicted: The boys honoring their mother, in the protective cadre of their father, grandfather and uncle. I imagine the worst thing about it is, boys that age hate to be gawked at for any reason whatsoever. Again, curious, anyone remember how long the walk took?

by Anonymousreply 298April 15, 2021 1:06 PM

R288 - You bet your arse: that will be a huge state occasion, including attendees from amongst the other Crowned Heads of Europe. You may expect Denmark's Queen Margrethe (if she's still mobile, if not Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, on whom the shadow of the Danish thrown will also be very lengthened), King Haakon and Queen Sonja of Norway, the Grand Dukes and Duchesses of Lichtenstein and Luxembourg, King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain, King Willem and Queen Maxima of The Netherlands, King Carl Philip and Queen Silvia of Sweden, and Emperor Hirohito of Japan. Representatives of the Government, meaning the PM, and probably representatives of governments of Britain's allies: America will send its First Lady, and, of course, the heads of government of France and Germany.

This, of course, will be the one Meghan doesn't want to miss. On the other hand, of course, the deference paid to William and Kate, as Next Ups, might be too much for her narcissistic rage to bear.

If the Queen lives to her mother's age, 101, that's another six years and who knows what will have happened between now and then. By then, William and Kate will be in the front ranks, and Harry will be well behind, and I would wager a month's pension William will be in uniform, and Harry won't - and this time, there won't be any argument and Harry will be told he can take it or not show up.

And that will be that.

by Anonymousreply 299April 15, 2021 1:07 PM

^*Danish throne (not "thrown", Jesus this autocorrect is driving my round the bend.

by Anonymousreply 300April 15, 2021 1:08 PM

That is hideous, [R294]. I remember when Nixon died in 1994, gov't workers had the day off and although I was just a contract worker, we got paid.

by Anonymousreply 301April 15, 2021 1:17 PM

Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, was also riddled with guilt, so his grandstanding at her funeral was part of his blustering his way through that.

Diana had asked to spend the summer at a guest house on the Althorp estate, her family seat. Charles Spencer refused, afraid of the media circus that would descend on the place, as his children were still young at the time.

So the most famous woman in the world actually had no place to go that summer, and took up with Dodi Fayed to make her life look full. His father's wealth gave her the backdrop she wanted ("He has all the toys," she cynically told friends at the time - yeah, she was pregnant and planning to marry him - PLEASE!) and something to do whilst the children were, per the divorce agreement, spending the summer in Scotland with Charles and the Queen and Philip.

Had Earl Spencer given her the home on the estate, Diana might not have so willingly turned to Fayed to avoid appearing pathetic, and she might be alive today.

You have to understand Spencer's histrionics against that subplot.

Then he hightailed it out of Britain and moved his family to South Africa, where, contrary to all his histrionics in the Abbey, he has had only the most superficial of relationships with his "blood" nephews. They barely know their Spencer cousins, although said cousins were invited to the Cambridge and Sussex weddings - although only the eldest, Lady Kitty, attended the Sussex wedding.

by Anonymousreply 302April 15, 2021 1:17 PM

Charles and Camilla view flowers left by the public in honor of Prince Philip in Marlborough House Gardens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303April 15, 2021 1:23 PM

That’s the strange trap Diana was in. She could’ve rented a villa herself in the south of France for the summer but no, she (like everyone else in that milieu) must be seen to be “invited to stay” somewhere. She wouldn’t or couldn’t strike out on her own, maybe invite some of her old flat mates to join her. That would be too humiliating. I don’t understand it myself.

by Anonymousreply 304April 15, 2021 1:29 PM

This cartoon is too cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 15, 2021 1:29 PM

R271, I thought it was Tony Blair's idea?

Williiam was correct, it was exploitative. He has also been correct about MeAgain and Hazbean. He is less whingy than his parents, in public at least and his good instincts will serve him well as King, something, God willing, HazBean will never be.

by Anonymousreply 306April 15, 2021 1:31 PM

R305, that's from a feature length film called The Queen's Corgi. Whoever wrote it was on some serious crack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 15, 2021 1:38 PM

Megs leaks are gross.

Plus Harry said they DID communicate. And there was no reason whatsoever that he was prevented from going to see Philip before his death. None.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 15, 2021 1:42 PM

Boy, there's so much unattributed bullshitting on this thread.

So, as an underpinning, among the main points of a monarch and a royal family is to embody the nation. That's why the Queen, William and Kate look so good these days and others... do not.

So in that context, if the law of the land is 30 people maximum at a funeral, the venue not a factor, they can't just have more than thirty. It would break the rules. It would appear preferential. It would undermine the entire component of law, order and regulation that relies on the individual's choice to comply. That is the antithesis of what they are supposed to do.

Same with the uniforms. They aren't costumes. They are meant to have meaning and - more importantly - be worn in ways that show respect for the services they symbolize. There are rules and precedents and customs that exist to uphold meanings. That is exactly what royalty is supposed to do.

When it comes to Fergie, at a ceremony to honour and bid farewell to man who may have mellowed slightly toward the end of his decades long antipathy towards her, why would anyone sacrifice an extremely limited place to invite her? For what good reason? Why would you exclude someone who mattered in the man's life in favour of someone he disdained?

As I read these threads there seems to be a fundamental divide between people who see the monarchy as UK Kardashians, with smaller asses, older clothes and usually better manners, and those who see it as a functional institution with a role in the life of a nation, populated by people who when they get it right, understand that role and function and what they need to do to deliver it. It's bonkers to me how many people can't reason beyond Real Housewives of Windsor Castle.

by Anonymousreply 309April 15, 2021 1:46 PM

Meg's before I get Oh Deared.

Philip was hospitalized the day after the family was told about the Oprah interview, Harry may well have hastened his death. Scoobie was making threats to the family until days before Philip's death. How is this for fond from Hazbean and his viper of a wife? Is any concern for Philip, his health or the stress the family was under discernable?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 15, 2021 1:46 PM

Wasn't the whole ideal of being visible, "out there" on that yacht in August 1997 to make Dr. Khan, the cardiologist jealous? Didn't someone close to PD say that? With a view to dispelling pregnancy rumours.

by Anonymousreply 311April 15, 2021 1:50 PM

R289 You don't know squat. You assign motives to Charles and Harry based on your dislike of Harry and Meghan. The Oprah interview was not simply PR. It was an opportunity for H&M to give their side of the story.

Harry is part of the family. Charles is his father. He spoke about his disappointment with his father's actions. Harry spoke about a FAMILY MEMBER asking him more than once "How dark will your child be?" So, Harry experienced racism firsthand by a family member. Harry is just as entitled as Charles to speak about the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 312April 15, 2021 1:52 PM

Yes, R311.

She really was as unstable as Harry and he is as whiny as Charles. Truly the worst of both of them. Unless he is not Charles' child, in which case the other guy was pretty loatesome too.

by Anonymousreply 313April 15, 2021 1:53 PM

This fracas over the military uniforms is so dull; people who have *real* military cred don't need that kind of crap because they already know they're a badass. I think the men should wear kilts because Philip could always rock the kilt, a look that not all guys can pull off.

Charlotte has been a busy little beaver, hasn't she? Stirring up Andrew/Harry controversies, probably finding new ways to terrorize Auntie Megs and probably making her mother cry (again).

by Anonymousreply 314April 15, 2021 1:53 PM

But R312, that is not actually what Harry said was said, is it?

by Anonymousreply 315April 15, 2021 1:54 PM

The problem with "their side of the story," is that most of it was utter rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 316April 15, 2021 1:55 PM

R311 Yes. Diana told her close friend, Rosa Monckton, that Dodi was just a summer fling.

The coroner testified in his autopsy report that Princess Diana was not pregnant at the time of the accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 15, 2021 1:58 PM

I couldn't bring myself to re-watch the Oprah interview until now. I think I want to. But it's not available on the CBS site. Anyone know where to see it?

by Anonymousreply 318April 15, 2021 2:05 PM

I haven't seen the interview either, r318.

by Anonymousreply 319April 15, 2021 2:08 PM

Correction to R317. It was a coroner who was present at the autopsy . He didn't perform the autopsy. He stated that he saw Diana's womb and she was not pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 320April 15, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]Harry is part of the family.

Well, he's a member of it but do you really think he is trusted still? Or just an object of worry and pity? Do you do the things you do to your family, in public, and remain part of the family?

[quote]Harry spoke about a FAMILY MEMBER asking him more than once "How dark will your child be?"

No, that's what his wife said. What he said was “That conversation I am never going to share,” before going on to say, “But at the time it was awkward; I was a bit shocked.” He also puts the timing much earlier, saying it was at the very beginning of their relationship when she was still acting and living in Toronto.

I leave you to make of it what you will, the inability of them to express a consistent view of what happened, in real time.

[quote]Harry is just as entitled as Charles to speak about the Royal Family.

And he is entitled to a reaction. He is not entitled to what that reaction will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 15, 2021 2:11 PM

R310, If anything "hastened" Philip's death, it was performing heart surgery on a 99 year old.

That said, the Queen Mother underwent two successful hip operations, aged 95 and 97.

by Anonymousreply 322April 15, 2021 2:20 PM

The timing of them annoncing the Oprah interview to the family and his hospitalization speaks loudly, R322, as does his not gong to see his grandfather before his death. As does the leaking of private phone calls to Gayle and the continued threats to Scovie. Trash humans. Their attempts to cloak themselves in some mantle of humanitarianism is a travesty as is the bleating about "kindness."

by Anonymousreply 323April 15, 2021 2:22 PM

Scoobie was threatening days before Philip's death. No one can plausibly say that they did not put the family under tremendous stress in the last weeks of Philip's life, qute deliberately. Not out of a burning desire to share "their truth" but out of greed and avarice and a desire to be destructive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 15, 2021 2:25 PM

I don't see how being curious about Archie's skin color prior to his birth makes one a racist.

The thought crossed my mind when the pregnancy was first announced, as I'm sure it did for many others, including Harry and Meghan.

Curiosity does not equal racism.

by Anonymousreply 325April 15, 2021 2:28 PM

I tend to think the family did not regale Philip with many details about Harry and Megan’s antics while he was ill. However, the couple should have at least thought about how all this would look, so as to avoid any speculation. They could easily have waited, why not?

by Anonymousreply 326April 15, 2021 2:33 PM

The continued bending over backward to accomodate HazBean and his feefees does underline how much was done for the Gruesome Twosome. His character is formed at this point, the optics again show up hwo baseless their tantrums have been.

by Anonymousreply 327April 15, 2021 2:34 PM

I read Diana holidayed with Dode the toad as he offered her protection from the paps. Ironic.

According to members of her staff Dodi was a pompous arsehole whom she had to apologise to her servants for.

His father was a shady crook who besmirched her name (claiming she was pregnant and they were engaged) and accusing Royals of murdering them. As of his son was ever important.

by Anonymousreply 328April 15, 2021 2:35 PM

R321 Harry confirmed to Oprah what Meghan had said on air that a member of the royal family raised concerns more than once about the color of Archie's skin. Harry told Oprah that the family member who said it was not the Queen or Prince Philip. See the article linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 15, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote]HazBean and his feefees does underline how much was done for the Gruesome Twosome

Jeez you people are unreal. I can't believe this is what you do with your time.

by Anonymousreply 330April 15, 2021 2:42 PM

I knew it would wind up that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 331April 15, 2021 2:45 PM

^Hi Meg!^

by Anonymousreply 332April 15, 2021 2:45 PM

😴 You're all trying way too hard ..........

by Anonymousreply 333April 15, 2021 2:46 PM

Wwwe need to know what waaaas said to interpret whether there were any racist undertones. Enquiring over what color the baby would be isn't of itself racist.

by Anonymousreply 334April 15, 2021 2:47 PM

I agree, R334. If it was a black media commentator writing a think-piece and expressing excitement at the prospect of an octoroon member of the British Royal Family, Meghan would no doubt have "amplified the voice" of said commentator.

Also, Lady Colin Campbell - however seriously one may want to take her - claims that the original comments were made by Princess Anne and that she was concerned for the welfare of a child who would be a mix of two cultures (rather than two races) - his mother's celebrity-adjacent Hollywood world in Canada and the US and his father's traditional role in the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 335April 15, 2021 2:53 PM

Harry cliamed that a family member expressed concern about cultural differences when they were still dating.

Concerns about MeAgain, her agenda and "fit" certainly seem to have been warranted.

by Anonymousreply 336April 15, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] Harry confirmed to Oprah what Meghan had said on air that a member of the royal family raised concerns more than once about the color of Archie's skin.

Watch what he said, your recollection is incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 337April 15, 2021 2:57 PM

But that’s like a hairy mole; you wonder about it, but you don’t SAY anything. And you know they checked out the baby’s pipe to see if he inherited a big one.

by Anonymousreply 338April 15, 2021 3:03 PM

I recall the British press printing stories in 1997 of how "scandalous" it would be if the mother of the future King of England married an Egyptian(Dodi).

by Anonymousreply 339April 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Evil, small minded people will always try to create problems.

Hate, jealousy and greed are strong motivators.

The British Royal Family isn't any different.

by Anonymousreply 340April 15, 2021 3:05 PM

Hasn't this turd been flushed YET!? Egad!

by Anonymousreply 341April 15, 2021 3:08 PM

HM has decided, there will be no uniforms worn by BRF at Prince Phillip's funeral. This will spare Prince Harry being the odd man (or woman) out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 15, 2021 3:09 PM

R342 - if the BRF keep trying to spare Harry Tantrum, he'll just keep behaving badly. It's called positive reinforcement and it doesn't work in this type of situation.

Someone should just sit the Queen down and say: "Look Your Majesty, I would advise you NOT to reward the horrid behavior of the two bad boys in the family. You try to placate them when they want something and they'll just demand more in the future. In the process, you just hurt EVERYONE in the family, including the future Kings."

by Anonymousreply 343April 15, 2021 3:15 PM

Limiting dress up on one occasion will not change his character or wife, R343. It will prevent more drama one this occasion and will not give their victimhood more fuel.

It is about damage control now, Harry is who and what he is. After leaking those calls to Gayle King the die has been cast.

by Anonymousreply 344April 15, 2021 3:19 PM

R329, that is not what the article says at all. Harry only ever spoke to an awkward conversation. Singular. Oprah's the one keeps calling them conversations in the plural because she's following his wife's interpretation, which he contradicted.

"Harry said he is "never going to share" more about the conversation about Archie's skin tone, only saying it was "right at the beginning."

So are you dense or dishonest?

by Anonymousreply 345April 15, 2021 3:24 PM

Duke and Duchess of Sulky.

by Anonymousreply 346April 15, 2021 3:24 PM

Or a Sunshine Sucks minion, R345.

by Anonymousreply 347April 15, 2021 3:25 PM

God, what an awful job... how distorted must your value system to be to do that.

by Anonymousreply 348April 15, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote] I tend to think the family did not regale Philip with many details about Harry and Megan’s antics while he was ill.

I think Prince Philip was one of the few people who still received and read print editions of newspapers, unless he was so ill he couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 349April 15, 2021 3:31 PM

He may have but if he wanted to know what was going on, I doubt he'd turn to the newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 350April 15, 2021 3:34 PM

If this uniform business true, maybe a decision advised in order to prevent any accusations of the family not considering him, which you know will just feed into the victimisation narrative.

The Scandal of Diana being with Dodi wasn't his skin colour for most people, it was his religion. In the week before she died the sensationalist media said if they got serious Di would need to become a Muslim. What bollocks

For me, the biggest scandal of Diana and Dodi was her being a hottie and him an absolute nottie. Imagine having him as your final shag!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 15, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote] And he is entitled to a reaction. He is not entitled to what that reaction will be.

If he's entitled to a (particular) reaction it is to a PRIVATE one, not airing the family's alleged dirty linen to a global audience.

by Anonymousreply 352April 15, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote]Scoobie was making threats to the family until days before Philip's death.

ZOINKS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Yeah I thought the scandal about Dodi was that he was a ne'er do well, kind of disreputable and downmarket. You expected her to do better.

by Anonymousreply 354April 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Didn't Dodi's ditched fiance (a model) hold a press conference, complete with tears, warning Diana he was bad? Then the kissing photos. It really was trashy and unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 355April 15, 2021 3:45 PM

Not just tears, those tacky Allreds. It couldn't have looked cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 356April 15, 2021 3:46 PM

Lady C. is in full claws todays... her giggle is delightful.

by Anonymousreply 357April 15, 2021 3:47 PM

You just know she's making herself cry by thinking of the last time she blew Dodi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 15, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] Charlotte has been a busy little beaver, hasn't she? Stirring up Andrew/Harry controversies, probably finding new ways to terrorize Auntie Megs...

Does Princess Charlotte have a private or press secretary to deal openly with the media or does she always go the surreptitious leak root through one channel or another?

by Anonymousreply 359April 15, 2021 3:52 PM

^^^route, not root

by Anonymousreply 360April 15, 2021 3:54 PM

R330, I see you and I condole you.

Actually, I sort of mean that. I've been enjoying these threads and contributing a lot, but I'm really getting a Cumberbitch vibe from some of these posters. Does anyone remember that era? I shudder. The cutesy pejorative names for the hated ones and the over-familiarity with the PR firms and attribution of "leaks" and supposed PR machinations to them and their clients... it's all coming back to me. What I like are the people who provide well-informed opinion about the way the BRF operates, the protocol, and the history of various Royal Family members. And some mean guesses :D.

by Anonymousreply 361April 15, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote]Does Princess Charlotte have a private or press secretary to deal openly with the media or does she always go the surreptitious leak root through one channel or another?

Pretty sure she's got a deal with the devil. She's way out front for someone so young.

by Anonymousreply 362April 15, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote]Does Princess Charlotte have a private or press secretary to deal openly with the media or does she always go the surreptitious leak root through one channel or another?

If she told you her secrets, R359, she'd have to have you killed. That's why Louis stares off into space so much - better not to ask questions or the next thing you know, someone suggests *you* move into the Cottage of the Damned - Frogmore Cottage

by Anonymousreply 363April 15, 2021 4:13 PM

Everyone looks so fat!

by Anonymousreply 364April 15, 2021 4:16 PM

The 30 attendees have been announced:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 15, 2021 4:37 PM

Just seen the guest list. Princess Alexandra, The Duke of Kent and Duke of Gloucester are going but not the spouses of the latter 2 . But one of the Queens cousins Prince Michael of Kent is not invited. I wonder why? Perhaps in poor health, he volunteered to give up his place to allow others or a family dispute or personality clash?

by Anonymousreply 366April 15, 2021 4:40 PM

All family... one subtle thing, no question Peter Phillips' marriage is over. They are not divorced yet but she didn't make the list. I thought there was some speculation there might have been a reconciliation.

You'd think Tindall, Brooksbank and Gucci might have offered up their seats in favour of others. He was 99... it isn't as if the wives will be collapsing in grief. I suspect the usual York selfishness at play.

by Anonymousreply 367April 15, 2021 4:44 PM

I agree the new spouses should give up their seats, they probably barely knew him

by Anonymousreply 368April 15, 2021 4:52 PM

I am really surprised the spouses of Beatrice and Eugenie were invited before the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and the Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester.

by Anonymousreply 369April 15, 2021 4:58 PM

The Countess Mountbatten of Burma, previously known as Lady Romsey and Lady Brabourne, who was Philip's carriage driving partner and one of his closest friends will also be in attendance.

Hmmm. A nice gesture.

by Anonymousreply 370April 15, 2021 4:59 PM

I would think that spouses are necessary—if you invite a family member and they’re married, the spouses must go too.

by Anonymousreply 371April 15, 2021 5:02 PM

Haha, i love that the Queen wouldn't let Andrew play dress up in his unearned Admiral's uniform. He was a Vice Admiral at the time he stepped down from the public view. At this funeral he wanted to wear his brand new Admiral's uniform. Talk about tone deaf. The Navy/Government probably didn't want to have a guy with pedo allegations representing them at that level in front of cameras. Of course Andrew threw a temper tantrum so the Queen made an announcement that everyone would be in regular suits not uniforms.

There was also the PR issue, though held by those that don't know they are basically wearing honorary uniforms, that Harry would be forced to wear a suit even though he's the only one in that family to engage in acce duty fire. He and Andrew are the only two that have been deployed. Andrew's assignment was basically a quite 3 week boat trip, but he still deployed. PR wise the uniform thing was a bad look. Andrew's tantrums and need for the spotlight placed the family in a bad spot so the Queen shut all that shit down.

I know many of you HATE Harry and Meghan, but it's Andrew that's really the thorn in this family's side. He should really be dismissed and stripped of all his positions including honorary titles. This will also help his daughters who are unfairly attached to the stench of his corruption. Drop Andrew and promote the York Sisters to working Royals. They are assets that can be of use to the family as Charle's generation ages.

by Anonymousreply 372April 15, 2021 5:13 PM

R371 maybe in normal times, not for a restricted-numbers final farewell during a pandemic

by Anonymousreply 373April 15, 2021 5:14 PM

I agree, r372. But it will never happen. I don’t think Charles would even do that. But I do see him threatening it unless Andrew goes away permanently voluntarily.

by Anonymousreply 374April 15, 2021 5:16 PM

R372 no harm to them but us Brits don't really give a shit about Bea and Eug.

by Anonymousreply 375April 15, 2021 5:16 PM

R373, it doesn’t matter. Protocol will always rule, even in a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 376April 15, 2021 5:17 PM

Not going to happen, R372. Regardless of Andrew they do not fit into the "slimmed down" monarchy Charles has planned and that other monarchies have adopted.

Edu has grifter written all over him and Jack has that shady Hollywood vibe. The sisters do seem to be raising their profile (via a hired PR firm) but it will be for naught.

by Anonymousreply 377April 15, 2021 5:21 PM

r375 I'm not a Brit so I will defer to your opinion on this, but wouldn't that make them the best little helpers. They can manage the stupid shit like grocery store openings and random factories. The D-list assignments that Edward and Ann take on. I really can't see ancient Charles, aging Camilla, William, Kate, ancient Anne, Edward, and Sofia covering everything. I assume the Queen is on borrowed time since her man is gone.

by Anonymousreply 378April 15, 2021 5:22 PM

Understood r377. It just seemed like there was room for 2 more in that slimmed down monarchy, once Harry and Meghan were cut. The Princess' spouses can be barred from assisting outside of engagements where spouses attend and just let the girls make the appearance, basically how Anne has managed things without her husbands representing the Crown.

by Anonymousreply 379April 15, 2021 5:24 PM

It pains me to speak for Prince Andrew but it was more than a quiet boat trip, R372 and in this hyper partisan environment factual truth is important.

There is little doubt that his life was in constant danger throughout the ten-week campaign because of the multiple roles that he was obliged to perform as a Sea King pilot. One of his regular roles was to act as a decoy to draw away incoming Exocet missiles from HMS Invincible by confusing their guidance system.

“He flew dangerous missions to rescue a pilot from a ditched helicopter off Hermes and the survivors of the Atlantic Conveyor (a merchant navy ship requisitioned for the war) after she was hit by an Exocet,” they wrote.

It was a role that put him in the front line during the early stages of the conflict when the Argentine air force, flying Super Etendard combat jets armed with low-flying anti-ship Exocet missiles, began a campaign to target Royal Navy warships — and, in particular, the carriers HMS Invincible and HMS Hermes which carried Sea Harrier jump-jets and Sea Kings.

He shouldn't have made the fuss about the uniform, should clear up the sex mess and would benefit from a lot more humility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 15, 2021 5:30 PM

r379 Excellent idea

by Anonymousreply 381April 15, 2021 5:32 PM

r380 I am happy to be corrected and I think he looked damn hot with a beard. Shame he turned into a fat slime ball. But we knew he had terrible taste in everything when he married that homely ginger. Waste of decent genes.

by Anonymousreply 382April 15, 2021 5:35 PM

For some odd reason there's an attachment by some DLers to the York girls - confounds me, I find them C-list within the ranks personally - but they don't have the best reputation... lazy holidayers in the minds of the Great British sheep- public. And until horn dad cleans up his sex pest mess, that's going to land alongside them in every article they generate for the Daily Mail. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 383April 15, 2021 5:35 PM

R382 - on that we absolutely agree!

by Anonymousreply 384April 15, 2021 5:36 PM

R378 The Queen already performed an official engagement since Philip died and has been seen walking and even out for a pony ride since Philip died. While this will leave a huge void in her life, she's not going to fade quickly. She's stoic, deeply religious and still has a job to keep her busy. We should also remember that though they were married for over 70 years, they were not like a typical married couple that spends every day and minute together. My money is still on her living as long as her mother. As morbid as this is, my speculation is she'll make it to somewhere between 98 and 102.

R372 I agree with you that Andrew is the weakest link in the monarchy right now. Harry and Meghan will, in all eventually, fade into being less relevant the longer they are disconnected from the royals, particularly if they keep their mud flinging because at some point people are going to ask is that all you have? Meghan's political aspirations IMO, are delusional and I still don't see that marriage lasting. Andrew, however, is a serious ticking time bomb that needs to be disposed of asap. When Charles becomes King, I expect Andrew will effectively be exiled, I expect the Queen's funeral will be the last time we really see him in public.

by Anonymousreply 385April 15, 2021 5:38 PM

Not DLs, R383, the Klan Granny Troll who constantly tries to divert attention from the attrocious behavior of the Dreadful Duo. Block and move on.

by Anonymousreply 386April 15, 2021 5:43 PM

I too don't understand why people keep pushing those York girls. They are so meh

by Anonymousreply 387April 15, 2021 5:44 PM

You are very correct 385. People can have their frustrations with H&M, but keeping Andrew around, basically paid to retire in his mansion on Windsor grounds is a bad look.

I agree that the York girls aren't much but in my opinion neither is Anne. She's a work horse. I think those girls can be reliable work horses for the family. They've got nothing but time and an HRH title. We know Kate and William are not into busy schedules and had to be pushed into stepping up their workload. They are the future head of the family so they get to be selective. If Charles or Anne pass away or get sick, that doesn't leave much in the way of support.

I know other royal families already work under the slimmed down model, but the UK's RF insisted on being patrons to a million different organizations that require some TLC from time to time. I'm sure they can pay the joins a pittance for their help. Can even ban their use of the royal helicopters and make it economical.

But their family their rules. The Yorks are out, I get it.

by Anonymousreply 388April 15, 2021 5:49 PM

Sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 15, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote] [R372] no harm to them but us Brits don't really give a shit about Bea and Eug.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 390April 15, 2021 5:51 PM

r389 I'm sure it's nothing to do with personality and must be about some weird walk in thing. Even at Harry's lowest point in the family he still outranks a commoner like Phillips, unless there is a balcony celebration. I'm not going to read into it as anything more than a processional setup.

by Anonymousreply 391April 15, 2021 5:55 PM

The pushing of the Yorks appears to be Sunshine Sucks. Note the overlap with MeAgain and Hazbean's PR of late. Trolldar indictes their promotion is by the shill/Klan Granny troll, not some groundswell of genuine support.

by Anonymousreply 392April 15, 2021 5:59 PM

Who anticipates acting out by Hazbean in front of the cameras? He has done so repeatedly in the past, will he sieze this opportunity as well?

by Anonymousreply 393April 15, 2021 6:01 PM

Its only right that harry and William have their cousin between them. Harry is not to be forgiven for turning on his family, regardless of it being at the behest of his vile wife. I expect William wants nothing further to do with Harry, and to what end would any 'reconciliation' be? Harry stated quite plainly that he no longer wanted to be a working royal, and left the country. He is entirely useless to the Royal family now, particularly with that cow back in California out chewing her cud on the regular with Oprah and Gayle. Harry is not to be trusted whatsoever. William is no fool.

by Anonymousreply 394April 15, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote]Brothers will be separated by cousin Peter Phillips

Fucking hell, granny, what did I do to deserve this?

by Anonymousreply 395April 15, 2021 6:24 PM

The British Sunday papers will all run front-page photos of William and Harry separated by Peter, with headlines such as "Divided even in grief"

by Anonymousreply 396April 15, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote]Fucking hell, granny, what did I do to deserve this?

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it Pete; I'd put Anne in between them, but she'd likely kick both their assess

Granny (wondering why she ever wanted children & just didn't stick to dogs)

by Anonymousreply 397April 15, 2021 6:29 PM

I bet Princ(e)(ss) George will look fab-U--less

by Anonymousreply 398April 15, 2021 6:34 PM

Well, I wasn’t going to watch the funeral, but now I can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 399April 15, 2021 6:36 PM

"Royals to forgo military gear at Philip’s funeral ‘to avoid embarrassing Harry’ Duke of Sussex faced being the only senior male royal not in uniform, despite serving in Afghanistan"

Isn't he even entitled to wear the uniform of captain, that was his rank?

by Anonymousreply 400April 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Where will Fergie be on Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 401April 15, 2021 6:40 PM

No, he should be forced to choose between blue and lavender.

by Anonymousreply 402April 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Some of you are waaaaay too invested in this.

by Anonymousreply 403April 15, 2021 6:43 PM

That smoking hot grandson of Margaret's should be there shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 15, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] Brothers will be separated by cousin Peter Phillips

If you don't like it, blame the Lord Chamberlain.

by Anonymousreply 405April 15, 2021 6:45 PM

Last I read, they weren't going to have cameras in the chapel. Is that still the case? We won't be able to watch the actual service?

by Anonymousreply 406April 15, 2021 6:51 PM

Let's see, which one of these fuckers can I bump off so that I can be in attendance? Methinks it will be one of the Krauts.

by Anonymousreply 407April 15, 2021 6:53 PM

The Queen is sitting alone? Why not have Princess Alexandra sitting beside her? She’s making a rare appearance to come to the funeral. The rumors are that she’s been unwell.

by Anonymousreply 408April 15, 2021 7:04 PM

I’m glad some of his German relatives made the cut although I’ve never read anything about him meeting them before. Maybe it’s a protocol thing. Were they invited to any of the royal weddings?

by Anonymousreply 409April 15, 2021 7:07 PM

Philip's private secretary is not going to be there, despite what some of the 'knowledgeable' queens here predicted. Descendant of prominent Nazis are very present.

by Anonymousreply 410April 15, 2021 7:08 PM

From The Telegraph:

William and Harry will not walk side by side at funeral

The Duke of Cambridge will not walk shoulder to shoulder with his brother the Duke of Sussex at the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral, with the two separated by Peter Phillips. Seemingly in recognition of ongoing tensions between them, the royal brothers will flank their older cousin as they walk in a procession behind their grandfather's coffin. The Royal family released full details of the funeral and guest list this evening, where it emerged three of the Duke of Edinburgh's German relatives will be invited. Prince Philip's funeral ceremony will pay tribute to his long military service, with detachments from the Royal Navy taking part. Also the custom-made Land Rover that will carry his body to its final resting place in St George's Chapel has been unveiled for the first time. It was also confirmed members of the Royal family will not wear military attire. Read why Prince Andrew thought he should go dressed as an Admiral.

by Anonymousreply 411April 15, 2021 7:08 PM

R409 and R410 Philip apparently maintained contact with his German relatives throughout his adult life, indeed paying for the education of some of their children.

by Anonymousreply 412April 15, 2021 7:10 PM

Are subjects allowed to heckle Harry during the procession?

by Anonymousreply 413April 15, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote]Let's see, which one of these fuckers can I bump off so that I can be in attendance? Methinks it will be one of the Krauts.

Charlotte might better elect to occupy Catherine of Aragon's closet, a la Queen Victoria at the wedding of the Prince of Wales. It will give her a bird's eye view, particularly if she's got spitballs or water balloons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 15, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote]Charlotte might better elect to occupy Catherine of Aragon's closet,

Nobody puts Charlotte in a closet.

by Anonymousreply 415April 15, 2021 7:18 PM

No Yorkies allowed! Have you seen the atrocious clothes those two wear? Will identifying Bee as a leaker explains that shrieky getup she wore to his wedding.

by Anonymousreply 416April 15, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] indeed paying for the education of some of their children

Come off it, those Krauts are rich as Croesus.

by Anonymousreply 417April 15, 2021 7:35 PM

I was not invited. I am Zen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 15, 2021 7:37 PM

R391, it's their grandfather's funeral and in the family there is no "rank", they're all equally grandsons of Philip. Besides, Peter Phillips isn't a "commoner", he's the direct descendant of the monarch.

by Anonymousreply 419April 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Just as a public service announcement: all the"friends" of Prince Philip (aka Greek cock) will be assembling at the Nell Gwyn pub at 14:00 on Saturday. Please feel free to wear your uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 15, 2021 7:42 PM

R363 LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 421April 15, 2021 7:42 PM

R23, 17 is not a child.

by Anonymousreply 422April 15, 2021 7:44 PM

And, r23, the ignorant American is the one who tried to make herself the centre of attention.

by Anonymousreply 423April 15, 2021 7:45 PM

Bootsy, do a Philip.

by Anonymousreply 424April 15, 2021 7:45 PM

R420 that pub is closed until 17 May; what are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 425April 15, 2021 7:45 PM

They shouldn't be fucking gathering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 15, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote]that pub is closed until 17 May; what are you on about?

Closed to the general public maybe, but the landlord is well acquainted with the Friends of Philip (FOP) organization.

by Anonymousreply 427April 15, 2021 7:47 PM

Do you think Betelguese will ever stop raccooning her eyes?

by Anonymousreply 428April 15, 2021 7:48 PM

I'm afraid that kind of nuance isn't welcome, R422. The fact that we all know there's a difference between paedophilia, hebephilia and ephebophilia is just disregarded when people see that they can just scream "PAEDO!!!" because it's one of the most toxic things out there. It's a bit like that truly terrible human being Judge Roy Moore being labelled a paedophile when, really, we all knew he probably wasn't a paedophile - he was (in addition to being a horrible person) a perv, a creep and a hebephile, but probably not a paedo.

by Anonymousreply 429April 15, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]I am really surprised the spouses of Beatrice and Eugenie were invited before the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and the Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester.

Good grief, why r369? Jack and Edo are the partners of Philip's granddaughters. Philip's granddaughters are more relevant to him than his wife's cousins, and his granddaughters' spouses come as part of the package. I know there's an obsession on DL with Princess Michael of Kent, but she's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 430April 15, 2021 7:51 PM

The two York girls may be dull as ditch water and lazy but they did seem to turn out well given their upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 431April 15, 2021 7:52 PM

Will Elizabeth remarry?

by Anonymousreply 432April 15, 2021 7:53 PM

R413, luckily for Harry and Andrew, most subjects have enough respect for the deceased that they wouldn’t heckle. This American would be sorely tempted, though.

by Anonymousreply 433April 15, 2021 7:57 PM

Besides, gen pop won't be anywhere near it. It's just members of the armed forces and staff, maybe some charity types, standing at a distance.

by Anonymousreply 434April 15, 2021 7:58 PM

None of the information about the procession is a surprise.

Peter Phillips walking between Harry and William is inspired. They are the three oldest male grandchildren. It keeps them apart and without saying a word makes it clear that this "shoulder to shoulder', "healing the rift" bullshit was just that, bullshit. So much for "peacemaker" Kate or Eugenie or the Queen or Zara Tindall - fill in the blank.

The masks will provide extra cover for everyone.

And Harry and Andrew have made themselves look like petulant children tormenting a 95 year old woman in deep mourning to serve their own egos.

by Anonymousreply 435April 15, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]Are subjects allowed to heckle Harry during the procession?

I believe that the procession is limited to the grounds of Windsor Castle. And I think that there is no public allowed on the grounds, just cameras. So Harry is protected from derisive jeers. Hopefully next time though, he will face the jeers of his detractors, if he is brave enough to go out in public.

by Anonymousreply 436April 15, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] Princess Michael of Kent, but she's irrelevant.

Another descendant of a prominent Nazi. She'd fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 437April 15, 2021 8:05 PM

R369 if you are going to bang on about the Michaels you could at least get his title right - he’s “Prince Michael of Kent”, not “The Prince Michael”. The “The” prefix is reserved only for the children of the Sovereign (and for her late husband, when she made him a Prince of the UK).

Prince Michael is the grandson of a Sovereign (King George V).

by Anonymousreply 438April 15, 2021 8:07 PM

R436 - There will not be a "next time". The "next time" is the Queen's funeral, and Charles and William will be charge - and in uniform. Harry will be told he can wear a morning suit or stay home, and no one will risk the boos that would come Meghan's way if she attended.

The Sussexes are gone, out, toast, after the last month's orgy of coffin nailing.

by Anonymousreply 439April 15, 2021 8:08 PM

r439 I don't think those two are as hated as you would like to believe. So fucking what they called out the family's bullshit. The Royals called out the Sussex's via their media friends (as has been shown). No one is innocent. One just has the UK media, Fox News, and the UK government behind them. All in all, Harry and Meghan are only this infamous because your UK rags are obsessed with them.

If they've harmed your Royal Family then stop reporting on them and focus on whatever William and Kate get up to. The obsession on here and in the media shows that you guys have this weird Batman and Joker codependence. Stop making everything they do into a big deal and the will disappear. Or, bring up every singe "slight" and help increase the influence of M&H.

by Anonymousreply 440April 15, 2021 8:20 PM

Meghan didn’t say she was forbidden from traveling by her doctor/mother/husband and also did not talk to ANYONE about her horror at being the center of attention.

She also didn’t say anything about having a private remembrance of her own at home.

She never said any of those things. The nasty tabloids and Klan Grannies have been making up all these stories.

by Anonymousreply 441April 15, 2021 8:25 PM

R431 given that Huge has a burgeoning PR presence now ("Archie and August are bonded via Frogmore") please give us some sound examples of the Yorkies turning out "well" (staying out of jail doesn't count).

by Anonymousreply 442April 15, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote]Jack and Edo are the partners of Philip's granddaughters.

And are there specifically to point out which grandchildren's spouses support their partners and which do not. The optics must be killing Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 443April 15, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote] a private remembrance of her own at home

I assume Villa Sussex at Montecito has a private chapel and that the household has a chaplain.

by Anonymousreply 444April 15, 2021 8:34 PM

I think they should ensure that Prince Harry walks behind Philip's coffin in the procession. It's called extinction therapy, and it would be for his own good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 15, 2021 8:35 PM

Will Meghan show up at some unknown person's funeral on Saturday to mark her personal show of grief? She could wear her tiara so the proletariat would realize they're in the presence of Royalty.

by Anonymousreply 446April 15, 2021 8:35 PM

Will Harry encounter PTSD from the cameras? He's fragile that way you know, why, he told us so! How brave, yes how very brave of him to sacrifice himself to appear in public in front of cameras!

by Anonymousreply 447April 15, 2021 8:38 PM

I look forward to the "Harry Traumatized by Memories of His Mother by Being Near Phil's Coffin" scoop by Scobie

by Anonymousreply 448April 15, 2021 8:38 PM

R446, we aren’t using this thread to discuss her re-opening of Bennigan’s on Saturday; it’s been over a year, you know.

by Anonymousreply 449April 15, 2021 8:38 PM

R447 you forget to mention how even getting up of a morning is a real struggle for good old Harry, what with all the world's problems bearing down on his shoulders

by Anonymousreply 450April 15, 2021 8:40 PM

I see that Lady Pamela Hicks isn’t on the guest list. I thought she would have made the cut as Philip’s first cousin. I’m assuming she’s pretty frail at this point.

by Anonymousreply 451April 15, 2021 8:41 PM

And Harry's so exhausted from all that talking to Oprah, Gayle, ScobieDoo, etc.

by Anonymousreply 452April 15, 2021 8:41 PM

yes r450, He'll have to be ready for the car at 8:30 a.m. and be 'ON' for the whole day!

Gosh, what we peasants expect from our Princes is nothing short of lieral violence!

by Anonymousreply 453April 15, 2021 8:43 PM

Well, I guess Harry won't get his "brotherly reconciliation" photo.

by Anonymousreply 454April 15, 2021 8:43 PM

They're too entertaining, R440.

by Anonymousreply 455April 15, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] I see that Lady Pamela Hicks isn’t on the guest list. I thought she would have made the cut as Philip’s first cousin. I’m assuming she’s pretty frail at this point.

The current Countess Mountbatten represents the family as well as, I assume, the Milford Havens.

by Anonymousreply 456April 15, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]last month's orgy of coffin nailing.

LOL. Nice one.

[quote]Will Meghan show up at some unknown person's funeral on Saturday to mark her personal show of grief?

Nicer one.

by Anonymousreply 457April 15, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote] Will Meghan show up at some unknown person's funeral on Saturday to mark her personal show of grief?

Clutching a cushion under her frock.

by Anonymousreply 458April 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Who could forget the behavior of the Sussex Shit Stirrers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 15, 2021 9:11 PM

Speaking of future Queen Charlotte, is it just me that finds it odd she looks nothing like her parents and exactly like Queen Liz? Was she cloned?

by Anonymousreply 460April 15, 2021 9:13 PM

On Saturday, I'm going in, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 15, 2021 9:14 PM

We can’t r459 because this is the 679th time someone’s posted that video.

by Anonymousreply 462April 15, 2021 9:14 PM

I wonder if we won't wind up worshipping Charlotte as a goddess like that Vanuatu island tribe that worshipped Philip?

by Anonymousreply 463April 15, 2021 9:15 PM

I actually don't think Meghan's family is that unusual with all the estrangements, backstabbing, and grudges. Her family was put under a microscope right before the wedding, which is a time when even close-knit families clash.

IMO, "blended families" (half-siblings, step-siblings) tend to fall apart easily. The older kids resent the younger kids. The children born from the current relationship are treated better, etc.

by Anonymousreply 464April 15, 2021 9:17 PM

What is the meaning of R459's post and link?

by Anonymousreply 465April 15, 2021 9:19 PM

R465, they tried to crash the photo op and then rather than exiting smoothly they stood around in the background... he scowling, her grinning like the Duchess of Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 466April 15, 2021 9:22 PM

I like Charlotte, but she's acting like a mini-asshole / brat there. (Shouting: "You're not coming!" to the photographer.) I hope she got a talking-to after that.

by Anonymousreply 467April 15, 2021 9:23 PM

I thought both parents seemed vaguely amused.

I think they might have another Princess Anne in the works.

by Anonymousreply 468April 15, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]I like Charlotte, but she's acting like a mini-asshole / brat there. (Shouting: "You're not coming!" to the photographer.)

Wait till she shouts "You'll never be king" or "Gingers have no souls" at a startled Uncle Harry. You'll LOVE Charlotte when she does that!

by Anonymousreply 469April 15, 2021 9:27 PM

RR442 seems as though the 2 families are sharing PR, no?

by Anonymousreply 470April 15, 2021 9:27 PM

There are posts on social media downplaying the significance of Peter walking between William and Harry, pointing out that they didn't walk side by side at previous funerals, etc. I get their point, but I disagree. This is the first major family event to occur since William and Harry fell out, so the royals know everything is going to be analysed to death by the media (who are tasked with making the funeral of a 99-year-old man seem dramatic). In terms of PR, the best move would have been to put William in the centre, and get him to exchange a few words with Harry in front of the cameras, give the papers some headlines about the brothers putting their differences aside for the Queen's sake yadda yadda yadda. (Yes, Peter is the eldest grandchild, but William is the future king, so it wouldn't have looked odd for him to be in the middle.) Either William or Harry must have requested not to walk next to the other.

by Anonymousreply 471April 15, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] they tried to crash the photo op

Thank you for explaining R466; I had no idea that intra-familial crashing was a thing. It's cringing and toe-curling. Obviously the situation was virtually un-survivable; the lack of privacy was literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 472April 15, 2021 9:29 PM

It's a good move to have William & Harry physically separated by a cousin. I'm pretty good at reading body language, but I think W & H are probably good at faking it, too. Somehow, I doubt they (W&H) were ever that close. I do believe that Harry felt close to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 473April 15, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote] Somehow, I doubt they (W&H) were ever that close. I do believe that Harry felt close to Kate.

I doubt they were close as adults. They were probably close as children.

by Anonymousreply 474April 15, 2021 9:35 PM

Thr walking order with Peter is a boring story. But I guess it’s deflecting away from the other assholes’ drama.

by Anonymousreply 475April 15, 2021 9:35 PM

R459, it is shocking every time. They are destructive and disruptive and re-define greed. No wonder Philip referred to her as "Wallis."

by Anonymousreply 476April 15, 2021 9:38 PM

Walk shoulder to shoulder with Hal? Never again!

by Anonymousreply 477April 15, 2021 9:38 PM

Ah, but R472, it was a working event at which there was a hierarchy. MeAgain was able to work within one when a minor player on Suits so it is not beyond her.

by Anonymousreply 478April 15, 2021 9:42 PM

I hope Harry tries to chat with Peter and Peter ices him out like that German president's wife did to Meghan at Cenotaph - if only so Harry cannot use the footage for whatever paltry "projects" he does in the future.

Also, I hope the broadcasters have cameras on high so it is quite clear just how bald Harry is at this point. Petty, I know, but I will enjoy every minute.

by Anonymousreply 479April 15, 2021 9:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 15, 2021 9:45 PM

That’s true r437 I never felt they were close either. That goes for their relationship with Charles too. I doubt either one forgives him for carrying on with the whore that drove their mother crazy. I’m sure they accept Camilla by now but also don’t spend any more time with those two than necessary.

When the brothers were forced together it worked with doormat Kate there and Harry as a loyal spare. Then Meghan came along and Harry started focusing on his and Meghan’s interests. Will was over it and iced them out. Charles was still playing both sides in the media fanning the flames as usual. This is the same deadbeat father that was spreading negative PR about Will to help improve his image around the time he married Camilla. It’s no wonder he gleefully revoked Harry’s security.

Thanks in part to Charles being a self-absorbed asshole and Diana bringing along mental health issues and an early death, both boys are rather messed up. Both of them seem to have so much anger. Both of them are known cheaters so they’ve learned nothing from the pain their mother went through. Just a sad lot.

I’m sure Will and Harry’s children will grow up to be right cunts just like their parents. Kate is also cold, barely has her own friends, and acts as a doormat for William. Turning a blind eye to his cheating and fits of rage. Meghan is calculating, untruthful, and also self-absorbed. These people really deserve each other. All of them got to be crazy to marry into that family and crazy to stay in that toxic dump.

But, the original sin is on Charles’ shoulders for failing as a husband and father.

by Anonymousreply 481April 15, 2021 9:46 PM

R442, they've avoided scandal despite having grown up in the public eye. They were raised by ridiculous parents in extreme privilege, so you'd expect them to be pretty awful people, but there are lots of anecdotes of them being likeable.

by Anonymousreply 482April 15, 2021 9:47 PM

Too bad they couldn't let Ivar in, to represent the Gay Interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Re: The Queen separating Harry and William. Good grief. Did she think that they would break out in a tussle like Meghan's flowergirls did at her wedding (the 2 sisters who are MM's goddaughters)?

by Anonymousreply 484April 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Link, R484? Were they the the pusher of 2 year old Princess Charlotte or was that Ivy Mulhroney?

by Anonymousreply 485April 15, 2021 9:49 PM

Re. R481 - is it still fanfic when everyone in it is deemed horrible? I mean, there's not a lot of fact there but I'd like to know how to categorize it.

by Anonymousreply 486April 15, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote]Too bad they couldn't let Ivar in, to represent the Gay Interest.

If the rumours are to be believed, Snowden can take one for the team.

by Anonymousreply 487April 15, 2021 9:50 PM

It's a known fact that unless you attend the funeral, you aren't really mourning. Everyone not amongst the 30 Chosen will therefore be stuck in their grieving forever.

by Anonymousreply 488April 15, 2021 9:52 PM

Snowdon, not Snowden.

by Anonymousreply 489April 15, 2021 9:52 PM

R483 The current Earl of Snowden's sex scandal was same-sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490April 15, 2021 9:53 PM

R489 Sorry. You're right. And I just made the mistake again! It is Snowdon not Snowden. Lord Snowdon is my favorite sounding royal title.

I'm glad that the bitch Princess Michael didn't get a seat.

by Anonymousreply 491April 15, 2021 9:56 PM

R464 the Markles definitely have a much higher than average amount of drama, IMO.

Tom Jr and Sam are both estranged from their respective children.

Sam is estranged from their mother. No idea about Tom Jr.

For all his whining about not knowing Archie, Tom Sr is apparently an absentee grandpa to the ones he already had.

There's family drama and then there's Jerry Springer.

by Anonymousreply 492April 15, 2021 9:57 PM

I am Lord Snowden.

OP you starting a Part 3 or have you passed away also?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 15, 2021 10:00 PM

R432 - Are you asking?

by Anonymousreply 494April 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 15, 2021 10:03 PM

R426 - They should just put him on ice and pretend that his 73 years in the public eye and as Briatin's Prince Consort didn't exists? There's only 30 of them, most of them are of age to have been vaccinated, and the public aren't being allowed anywhere near it.

What's your fucking problem? The local around the corner is more of a danger to the public.

by Anonymousreply 496April 15, 2021 10:05 PM

R493, aren't there a cool 80-ish posts to go here before it's time to get Part 3 ready in anticipation of hitting the 600 mark? I thought an RF thread just got deleted a couple days back for jumping the gun?

by Anonymousreply 497April 15, 2021 10:06 PM

This feels like Gay Christmas - Gaetz sex scandal, Trump collusion, and Prince Philip’s funeral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498April 15, 2021 10:09 PM

Next up Meganloon will pop up out of Phillip's casket, just like a dirty paid whore at a sleezy bachelor party! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 499April 15, 2021 10:13 PM

UH-UH R497 IT WAS.............. sUNSHINE sUCKKS !!! !! !!!

by Anonymousreply 500April 15, 2021 10:14 PM

R485 Go way down near the end and start watching at 1:03:00. The wedding party is about to exit the church. The Mulroney girl is walking in between the Litt sisters. The older Litt sister reaches across and hits the little sister with her bouquet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501April 15, 2021 10:21 PM

R312, it is not clear you know much either. This whole Meghan-Harry business reminds me a lot of Nancy and Ronald Reagan. Reagan had been a democrat and president of SAG union. Nancy brainwashed Reagan, converting him to her own belief system, which he bought, lock, stock and barrel. Harry is not much different. Reagan had an uncertain future, like Harry. He was ripe for the picking. Nancy took over his career and much of his life, turning him into the rightwing icon he became. Her dreams became his. Meghan's problem is that she can't decide if she wants to be a Royal or just wreck the whole British monarchy. But, like Nancy, she's a major grifter, going to any lengths to get the wealth and power she thinks she deserves. And she's got Harry talking publicly about how his father cut him off financially while he parrots her complaints about his family. At least Nancy got more or less what she wanted. Meghan may end up worse off than if she'd never met Harry. And Harry's future is as uncertain as ever.

by Anonymousreply 502April 15, 2021 10:21 PM

Harry's future doesn't have to be uncertain. If he and Megs could just control their grandiosity, he has enough dough for them to live and raise their kids in beautiful and luxurious surroundings and play B-grade celeb do-gooders on the US West Coast in perpetuity. As in, classy and low-key California Casual-rich. Regrettably, said grandiosity will probably be the undoing of them.

by Anonymousreply 503April 15, 2021 10:26 PM

Rylan and Remi? Reason #45457767 I'm glad I don't have kids. I'd constantly be laughing in other parents face at the stupid things they name their kids

by Anonymousreply 504April 15, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]I don't remember anyone shoving Charlotte at the wedding.

It is well known she carries a switchsceptre at [italic]all[/italic] times.

If you ever encounter Princess Charlotte it's best to drop your eyes and back away slowly. DO NOT TURN AND RUN.

by Anonymousreply 505April 15, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] The Bad Seed is Savannah Phillips. She pushed George down a grassy hill at some outing. I noticed that she and George were separated in the photo of the Queen and Prince Philip with the great0grandkids. George was in front by the Queen and Savannah was behind the sofa.

They were just having a laugh. It's important George has family members who just treat him like any other kid. You can tell George and Charlotte love Savannah when you see them spending time together.

by Anonymousreply 506April 15, 2021 10:38 PM

Kids are little assholes.

by Anonymousreply 507April 15, 2021 10:39 PM

We live in a world where a fucking human/monkey hybrid embryo has been created and the papers are focusing on two brothers walking separately at the funeral of a 99-year-old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 15, 2021 11:06 PM

Great Post, r309. Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 509April 15, 2021 11:13 PM

All this business about none of the children or grandchildren wearing their uniform to make Harry and Andrew feel comfortable is just postponing the inevitable.

Within ten years, the queen will be dead, and her funeral will be a state funeral. As monarch and the new leader of all the armed forces, Charles will HAVE to wear his uniform when he walks behind his mother's funeral carriage, and so will everyone else who is eligible (that is one of the points of a state funeral after all--the royal family show how they represent the armed forces, and thus the people). Charles will be the new monarch, and both Andrew and Harry will only be [italic]allowed[/italic] to wear their uniforms if Charles lets them--and I will bet he absolutely will not. They ahd better start having conversations about this now.

by Anonymousreply 510April 15, 2021 11:21 PM

R216 Stop your nonsense. Eugenie , Jack, and the baby are living at Frogmore Cottage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 15, 2021 11:24 PM

Jack and Eug lapping up Harry and Meghan’s sloppy seconds? Hahahahahaa.

Isn’t Brooksbank wealthy? (Is he the one who’s a billionaire, or am I thinking of Pippa’s husband? Oh, the billionaire satellites in orbit around the Sussexes, how confusing!) Why would he live in Harry’s leavings? That were famously insufficient for his own wife and child?

Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 512April 15, 2021 11:35 PM

r408 I really hope the rumours about Princess Alexandras health are untrue. Her presence at the funeral is reassuring to an extent on that point. I wonder why Prince Michael of kent is the only one of the Queens Royal cousins not invited.

by Anonymousreply 513April 15, 2021 11:39 PM

Della, God love ya, the other day I was accusing you of being grand and drunk. See, doll, I posted we agree more often than not! It's the richness of this place. xo

by Anonymousreply 514April 15, 2021 11:42 PM

Some of you have some strange notions. Peter Phillips is hardly a commoner. He's the grandson of Queen Elizabeth as are William and Harry. He will not have a spouse at the funeral so he is a logical choice to accompany William and Harry.

Also, both Beatrice and Eugenie got college educations and worked until they married. They carried on charitable activities as well. They would be excellent choices for the Firm if not for two things: their parents. Andrew is a bad look and if the daughters were involved in Royal activities, he would be skulking around at every opportunity. Fergie, as their mother, would be ever present as well. The RF will never be able to rid itself of the stench of, particularly, Andrew. And, over time, more will come out about Epstein, Maxwell and all the ugliness around them. Thus, Andrew remains high risk for further scandal.

by Anonymousreply 515April 15, 2021 11:42 PM

Agree, agree, r515.

They don’t seem too bad, to me. I like Eugenie better, though. Is she the elder? It’s hard for me to remember which is which.

by Anonymousreply 516April 15, 2021 11:47 PM

Peter Phillips is a commoner. The dividing line is the peerage, status descends from the male and his father does not hold a title

by Anonymousreply 517April 15, 2021 11:49 PM

And r517 sums up in one sentence why the notion of royalty is a shit idea.

by Anonymousreply 518April 15, 2021 11:52 PM

r514 - Smooooches, Doll!

by Anonymousreply 519April 15, 2021 11:54 PM

R515 - Peter Phillips IS a commoner. So, in fact, was Diana. So, in fact, was the Queen Mother before she married in. ANYONE WHO ISN'T ROYAL IS A COMMONER.

And in case you don't believe me, you can take it from his mother, the Princess Royal, who once said, "My children are not royal. They simply have a grandmother who is a Queen."

Her husband, their father, refused a title precisely to keep them Mr and Miss Phillips.

He may be a very well connected commoner, but a commoner he is. And that goes for his sister, and every other offshoot of royals without an HRH in front of their name, even if they have aristocratic titles. That goes for Earl Snowdon, Lady Sarah Chatto, the children of the Kents and Gloucesters.

They're all COMMONERS. Only an HRH makes you royal.

by Anonymousreply 520April 15, 2021 11:56 PM

But holding a title makes you nobility as a holder of a peerage, which isn't royalty, but is a step above commoner. So in fact Earl Snowdon is nobility (now) but Lady Sarah remains a commoner because her's is a courtesy title.

by Anonymousreply 521April 15, 2021 11:58 PM

I feel one of those three hundred posts microwars coming on!

by Anonymousreply 522April 15, 2021 11:59 PM

I actually really like Della and she's pretty sensible (if undesirably tolerant of the carpetbaggess)... but fuck have I been short fused and touchy after FOURTEEN FUCKING MONTHS OF COVID! Like, before I lived it, I used to think house arrest would be a snap.

by Anonymousreply 523April 16, 2021 12:01 AM

And, R522, people wonder why there are so many royalty threads. It's not a mystery. Agonizing about minute differences in status, and worrying about the "correct" way of doing things, is DL catnip.

by Anonymousreply 524April 16, 2021 12:04 AM

r523, I really appreciate you spelling out the importance of the military dress dust-up.

It's much deeper than just an argument over who gets to wear medals to the funerals and in your post at r309 you really capture the wider meaning- it's about the entire military, not just about Charles, Andrew, William and Harry.

I think it's deeply sad that Prince Phillip's blood heirs will not be in military dress. He was so proud and fond of his military career.

Still, I get a kick out of the fact that it's the men, not the women, who are causing the funeral drama.

Which, SHSHSHSH...brings me to The Duchess of Sussex. I wonder if she, while alone and watching the subdued pageantry of the funeral, will finally comprehend that it's not at all about "celebrity".

by Anonymousreply 525April 16, 2021 12:15 AM

is it like when The Queen never smiles during the singing of the anthem, God Save the Queen. It's because it's not about her, even though it's about her.

by Anonymousreply 526April 16, 2021 12:20 AM

Reportedly, R511, per people in the area, they are not there now, no one is there now.

by Anonymousreply 527April 16, 2021 12:25 AM

We will see William jutting his jaw to one side, with his teeth set on edge. That is his *tell*.

by Anonymousreply 528April 16, 2021 12:55 AM

[quote]It is thought that the Queen resolved to spare Prince Harry any public humiliation by ordering that everyone should dress the same – morning coats and black ties for the men, simple black outfits for the women.

The indulgence that sad fuck gets. They must think him so frail.

by Anonymousreply 529April 16, 2021 1:19 AM

I think there was concern for the optics if the 2 that saw combat were not in uniform and those that did not serve but who have honorary roles, did. And of course, fear of further damage from the tantruming Suxxes.

by Anonymousreply 530April 16, 2021 1:22 AM

THE QUEEN personally decided the dress code and the order of procession even to the point of placing Anne and Margaret's sons between William and Harry. She said, it is rumored, that she want the focus of attention to be on Prince Philip, and his service and accomplishments, and no distraction of unseemly gossip about uniforms and whether or not people were speaking to one another and all the rest of the petty bullshit she is sick and tired of.

by Anonymousreply 531April 16, 2021 1:33 AM

Regarding who’s there and who isn’t - Lady Pamela and Prince Michael, Duchess of Gloucester, etc - they may have proactively reached out to the palace earlier this week and said they would be fine not attending in order to open up more spots for the family.

by Anonymousreply 532April 16, 2021 2:22 AM

If Phillip really cares about the armed services then he’d probably have been more fond of the ones that served in combat over the ones that just liked dress up on easy royal assignments.

But he’s also dead, the clothes you wear don’t mean shit to anyone but Andrew. It’s reported that Andrew, not Harry, was making a stink about the uniform. The government and Navy were not pleased with the idea of him wearing his new Admiral uniform. Social media was making the argument regarding Harry and his uniform but there is no indication that he made a fuss or even has access to anyone to file a complaint. He’s quietly isolated in that cottage and that’s that.

Andrew is the straw that broke this camels back with regards to uniforms. Harry’s presence added pressure to the situation but it was the 60 year old nan child that threw the tantrums on this one.

by Anonymousreply 533April 16, 2021 2:36 AM

Andrew better make hay while his Ma's still alive because Charles hates his guts.

by Anonymousreply 534April 16, 2021 3:10 AM

R534 When Charles become King, Andrew is going to put to into royal exile. I suspect we will rarely (if ever) see him again after the Queen's funeral. As for Beatrice and Eugenie both are said to harbour resentment towards Charles for pushing back against any suggestion that they be allowed to be working royals. Their relationship with William is said to be "up and down" because William supports his father in further slimming down the monarchy. Eugenie is very close to Harry and Meghan and it's believe it was Eugenie who set Meghan up on a date with Harry (which goes against Meghan's assertion she knew nothing of Prince Harry or the royal family prior to meeting him). There is some suggestion that Eugenie and Jack may move to America after the Queen dies.

by Anonymousreply 535April 16, 2021 3:30 AM

I wish Princess Michael of Kent, Baroness Marie Christine Anna Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz were attending. She's fabulous. Please, that ruffian Mike Tindall is on the list instead of Her Royal Highness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 16, 2021 3:33 AM

Everything else aside, Eug is very close to her parents and sister. Jack's whole family is in Britain. Why the hell would they uproot everything to hang out with Harry and Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 537April 16, 2021 3:34 AM

From what I've read, it appears that Andrew could have worn his vice-admiral military attire, which he was awarded on his 55th birthday, but he wanted to wear the admiral attire, which he was awarded on his 60th birthday, but which honorary award he declined until the Epstein investigation was over. Am I correct? That would have left only Harry not in military attire among male senior royals. Andrew simply would have been dressed as a vice-admiral. That wasn't good enough for Andrew? I know there is a difference between vice-admiral and admiral, but would it have made all that difference for a private funeral?

by Anonymousreply 538April 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Maybe because Santa Barbara and LA are a lot better than dreary England. Also, Brits love the US and specifically California, Florida, and NYC. Not sure I believe that they will move but why stick around if you’re not needed?

Same for Harry and Meghan, in the long run this move will be seen for the best. They weren’t wanted and are doing alright in California. The Brits rid themselves of Meghan as they wanted. Everyone wins.

As an American I welcome the York sisters to the States. One lived in NYC for awhile so they are familiar. The King of Sweden’s daughter lives in NYC with her stick broker (or something) American husband. Royals going to America is common because it’s not a bad place to live and they can easily sell their brands here.

by Anonymousreply 539April 16, 2021 3:44 AM

Stock broker.

by Anonymousreply 540April 16, 2021 3:45 AM

[QUOTE] I'm really getting a Cumberbitch vibe from some of these posters. Does anyone remember that era? I shudder. The cutesy pejorative names for the hated ones and the over-familiarity with the PR firms and attribution of "leaks" and supposed PR machinations to them and their clients... it's all coming back to me

Yes, because it's the exact same tinhat who posted hundreds of times on the Cumberbatch and Louis Tomlinson threads - she's also a Larrie. She's posted around 90 times on this thread - always calling Harry 'Hazbean' (spelling it wrongly too as 'Hazbean' not 'Hazbeen'). This troll also calls Sunshine Sachs 'Sunshine Sucks' and is absolutely obsessed with them, just as she was with One Direction's PR firm.

by Anonymousreply 541April 16, 2021 3:51 AM

Blocking R541,

by Anonymousreply 542April 16, 2021 4:00 AM

R452 you’re blocking one of the more logical posters on this thread. He’s absolutely right, that OP he cites is certifiable. I would love to know who these posters like r452 are. They’re certainly not gay men.

by Anonymousreply 543April 16, 2021 4:08 AM

Touched a nerve, did he, R542?

by Anonymousreply 544April 16, 2021 4:42 AM

Sarah will attend the post-funeral reception.

by Anonymousreply 545April 16, 2021 4:58 AM

From the Telegraph:

Prince Philip will be buried in his final resting place after the Queen dies.

The Duke will eventually be moved to the resting place of the Queen's father George VI, the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 16, 2021 5:37 AM

Who’s pushing the story that Eugenie is such good pals with Harry and Meghan? Why on earth would she want anything to do with Meghan after the stunt she pulled at the Brooksbank wedding? Are they masochists?

And the constant reminders that they’re living in the Sussex’s sloppy seconds that weren’t good enough for Meghan?

And the dumb idea that Eug and Jack would take their baby away from their families for exile in America? Who’s got the grudge against Eug?

by Anonymousreply 547April 16, 2021 5:48 AM

Who do you think?

by Anonymousreply 548April 16, 2021 5:52 AM

Prince of Wales long as spoken of slimming down the BRF when he becomes king, and message was received and understood by Prince Andrew and the York princesses. Hence the Duke of York trying to get all he can out of HM before her time is over. Among many recent events there was the push to have is daughters full royal/state weddings and so forth.

Job of the heir is to wait, that of the spare is to hope. Whatever (albeit slim) chances Prince Andrew ever had of succeeding were squashed when Prince of Wales married and breed two children. Now that both of the Wales princes have also married and produced there's nothing left for Prince Andrew...

Soon as PC becomes king and Prince William new prince of Wales whatever focus there ever or once was on Duke of York will shift to the prince and princess of Wales and their family.

None of this even begins to touch what likely will be vast changes to Commonwealth and elsewhere after the seismic event of HM's death. Elizabeth II is the only British monarch several generations world over have known. Things that might have occurred but didn't because people were waiting for after HM's time, well now just might.

Britain isn't same as post WWII, just as it wasn't after WWI for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 549April 16, 2021 5:55 AM

According to CDAN, William is paying 100k a year (not sure if £ or $) to both B and E to keep them as allies, which also has the effect of securing the loyalty of their parents.

by Anonymousreply 550April 16, 2021 5:57 AM

R547 Meghan is such a mastermind and possibly a sorceress, orchestrating all of these petty UK-based grievances from her tower in Montecito. She must have no time for anything else!

by Anonymousreply 551April 16, 2021 5:59 AM

There were similarities in the statements by Eug and Harry. Maybe William should have paid more, lol.

Lady A seems like a schemer and is rumored to be living with them, he Narkle and Scoobie seem to plot together. Markus has been there back to those very odd photos at IG in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 552April 16, 2021 6:01 AM

R550, that’s pretty cheap. I guess any scraps are good, but they have to share it with their kiser parents?

R551, I’m not saying it’s Meghan who’s putting out the stories. That doesn’t make sense, either. I don’t see the point of the stories. It’s just weird.

by Anonymousreply 553April 16, 2021 6:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554April 16, 2021 6:21 AM

Precisely r547 The Daily Mirror only a day ago seemed to be alluding to the York sisters having personal arguments or issues with Harry saying Harry had contacted Charles, William ,Beatrice and Eugenie to ask them to park their disagreements with him for the sake of a peaceful funeral with a reduced bad atmosphere. Whoever believes Eugenie and Harry are now close is barking up the wrong tree although for some reason some people small in number seem determined to keep pushing the idea.

by Anonymousreply 555April 16, 2021 6:22 AM

Rumor is Gayle will have a "special guest" - any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 556April 16, 2021 6:22 AM

r552 Who is Lady A?

by Anonymousreply 557April 16, 2021 6:25 AM

Why do Americans waste so much time and energy on the lives of Harry and Megs? Shouldn't that effort be directed at solving the fucked up mess in your own country. Not a single day goes by without a mass shooting, rioting, looting, bombings, protests, "protect and serve" police officers shooting your own citizens just because they can?

Instead you're far too concerned about what Harry did or didn't say to Oprah, or who gets to wear the military uniform to the Royal Funeral.

by Anonymousreply 558April 16, 2021 6:41 AM

R556 would not surprise me. Ya'll knew she couldn't let the day go by without getting some attention.

by Anonymousreply 559April 16, 2021 6:42 AM

R552, I think that’s a reference to Markus Andersson.

I think.

by Anonymousreply 560April 16, 2021 6:42 AM

R558 thinks tabloid gossip should be segregated by country.

Are the Canadians allowed any interest in the Meghan and Harry fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 561April 16, 2021 6:46 AM

Yes we are, r561.

But we simply choose not to.

by Anonymousreply 562April 16, 2021 6:51 AM

r299 the President will attend QEII's funeral when it happens, not the First Lady. TQ is Head of State of one of the US's closest and oldest allies, her funeral will be attended by the American Head of State.

Plus it will be THE biggest international funeral in decades. Every world leader will want to be present to pay tribute to her and her long, influential reign (culturally, not politically).

by Anonymousreply 563April 16, 2021 6:54 AM

Charles may indeed need Beatrice and Eugenie to be part of his little royal club as he, Camilla and the other elder royals, i.e., Princess Alexandra, The Gloucesters, Kents age out. Charles and eventually William (and even Anne) may want Beatrice and Eugenie to fulfill royal duties, perhaps not as official senior royals, but maybe senior-adjacent, kind of what like Anne and Sophie are now--or what Sophie used to be now that her star is ascending. The elder royals are getting up there, and the York princesses are very good at making appearances without causing any scandal or commotion.

by Anonymousreply 564April 16, 2021 7:08 AM

The best thing for the York girls is their heinous father dropping dead. As long as he's alive, he's an albatross around their necks

by Anonymousreply 565April 16, 2021 7:16 AM

How Meghan Markle will pay tribute to Prince Philip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 16, 2021 7:44 AM

"Slimming down" the monarchy isn't just about reducing the number of so-called "working royals", it's also about getting rid of some of the ridiculous pomp and ceremony that accompanies it.

Eugenie and Beatrice, as well as their cousins Louise and James when they're older, can still have their own patronages and do "work" that way, which is what a lot of people see royal work as being anyway. Eugenie had scoliosis as a child, for example, so she does a lot of stuff around that issue.

by Anonymousreply 567April 16, 2021 8:32 AM

I doubt Eug and Bea actually want more tedious royal duties. They both have lightweight jobs which give them a LOT of vacation time and will be busy rearing small children for the next ten years.

by Anonymousreply 568April 16, 2021 10:55 AM

There is no question Eugen is upping her profile and aligning with the Sussexes. Laughing at the notion that Will has anything to do with any York.

by Anonymousreply 569April 16, 2021 11:25 AM

R508 - And, yet, here you are, having read through nearly 500 posts. Is anyone stopping you from opening a thread about the hybrid embryo? Please: knock yourself out and open one.

Let us know when the hybrid embryo's two halves start feuding with each other. I know we'll be interested in their quarrel.

Pssst: This just in: news isn't necessarily gossip - this is a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 570April 16, 2021 11:41 AM

What I want to know is if that hybrid embryo can eventually ask if she's OK?

Oh, and it's place in the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 571April 16, 2021 11:43 AM

Harry really kind of screwed this up (I know, pick your jaws up off the floor.) Bad enough this sulking over uniforms got out before the funeral, bad enough he is now lumped in the same class as whining about the same things as Prince Andrew. But he's also set the follow up coverage once the dead are buried and blessed. They'll go digging and digging and digging, knowing there is something to find. He has contributed to making himself look even worse.

by Anonymousreply 572April 16, 2021 11:46 AM

R559 - Nor I. Meghan Markle can - not - control - herself. The engine of her pathological narcissism cannot stop, it's the thing that keeps her moving; eventually, it will cause her train to jump its track and destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 573April 16, 2021 11:54 AM

If Yuge is aligning herself with the Sussexes, she’s even dumber than she looks. Why affliate with the couple who undermined you every step of the way in the run-up to your wedding? Can’t she she was a pair of snakes they are?

by Anonymousreply 574April 16, 2021 11:55 AM

If the Yorkies are aligning themselves with the Sussexes, it's because of their common status as spares, but equal to the heir William as grandchildren of the monarch. Everyone, everyone knows the BRF is a con and a scam, not least those inside it. It just doesn't seem right to Harry, Bea and Euge, egged on by MM, that they should have to settle for such an unequal share of the loot. Being exemplary, asking nicely hasn't worked at all for B and E, so along came MM, inciting revolt among the ranks. They know where all the bodies are buried, so exciting times are on the horizon!

by Anonymousreply 575April 16, 2021 12:07 PM

R575

That statement is hard to credit. From start the York princesses knew their score. They were so far down list of succession (after their uncles and male cousins in birth order), that their chances of succeeding were about same as Ernst of Hanover.

Given paucity of male crowned heads for them to marry best either York girls could hope for is a good to splendid match, then fill out odd free bits of their lives with royal duties as needed.

If either Beatrice of Eugenie were hoping for lives in royal service like heirs of Prince George, Duke of Kent or Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester they are going to be sorely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 576April 16, 2021 12:18 PM

I usually admire Jan Moir's commentary on the royals, especially Harry and Meghan, but I think today she's lost the plot.

It isn't the lack of uniforms on four men that are diminishing the pomp the monarchy is touted as providing: it's COVID. There would, otherwise, have been about 800 guests at this funeral, including ones from other royal families across Europe.

And, Moir forgets this is NOT a state funeral, but a lower-ranked ceremonial one. And why she thinks Sarah Ferguson should be invited, because Andrew is a disgrace but HE'S invited, is a mystery. Andrew is the Queen's son -Ferguson is a divorced daughter-in-law who is still embarrassing the family she no longer belongs to. With only 30 slots available, as it is, the Yorks have five of those slots: Andrew, his two daughters, and their husbands.

The Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester have been serving the monarchy quietly and faithfully for 30 years - they don't have slots, why should Sarah Ferguson?

No, today, I think Moir's missed the boat. And as has been mentioned before, the Queen's swift and sensible response has highlighted who the self-obsessed twats are, and who the silent adults in the room are.

Andrew may be impossible to exclude from the Next Big Funeral, given he's her son, but I think this was Harry's last hurrah with the family. After forcing the Queen to attend to his ego, and his wife leaking stories about herself and Philip and talking about "forgiving the royals" and Not Wanting To Be The Centre Of Attention, BUT . . . .

It's clear Harry is finished in Britain and with his blood family. Next time, William will be the power behind the throne, and Harry can watch the Queen's funeral with Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 577April 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Just curious, who appear to be William's closest allies within the family? Zara? I will say, during that "not allowed" scene, he seemed very comfortable with Camilla, whispering away.

by Anonymousreply 578April 16, 2021 12:32 PM

We're a huge country, R558. We're in no way entirely about what you watch on the teevee. And we like our entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 579April 16, 2021 12:35 PM

R575 is another clueless American.

by Anonymousreply 580April 16, 2021 12:51 PM

How to watch: taken from CNN article linked.

How to watch Prince Philip's funeral

By Hanna Ziady, CNN Business Updated 6:03 AM ET, Fri April 16, 2021

London (CNN Business)Millions of people around the world are expected to tune into Prince Philip's funeral service on Saturday, which will be broadcast by major television networks and streamed online.

The service honoring the Duke of Edinburgh will begin at 3 p.m. local time (10 a.m. ET) in St George's Chapel, Windsor with a national minute of silence, according to a statement from Buckingham Palace. The Queen and members of the royal family will take part in the event, with attendance limited to 30 because of coronavirus restrictions.

A ceremonial procession inside the grounds of Windsor Castle — led by the band of the Grenadier Guards, one of the oldest regiments of the British Army — will begin at 2:45 p.m. (9:45 a.m. ET). Charles, the Prince of Wales, and members of the royal family will join the procession, together with staff from the royal household.

International viewers

CNN International will broadcast the proceedings starting at 1 p.m. local time (8 a.m. ET), with Christiane Amanpour anchoring from Buckingham Palace. Anderson Cooper picks up anchoring duties on both CNN and CNN International at 2 p.m. local time (9 a.m. ET), joined by Julia Chatterley and Richard Quest in New York, as well as CNN correspondents in Windsor, London, and Edinburgh. Hala Gorani will host an additional 90 minutes of coverage on CNN International starting at 4:30 p.m. local time (11:30 a.m. ET). There will also be a live stream of the event on CNN.com.

BBC World News, which broadcasts in more than 200 countries and territories, will commence live coverage from Windsor Castle at 6 a.m. local time (1 a.m. ET), with coverage of the funeral beginning at 12:30 p.m. local time (7:30 a.m. ET).

UK viewers

Viewers in the United Kingdom can choose from multiple options including CNN International. Live coverage of the funeral will be available starting at 12:30 p.m. local time on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and Sky News. ITV will air its broadcast, which will also be streamed on its website, beginning at 1:15 p.m.

The funeral will be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and Radio 5 Live, and simulcast on BBC World Service English, BBC Radio Scotland and BBC Radio Ulster. Sky News will stream the event on its YouTube channel and it will be available later on demand on iPlayer.

US viewers

In addition to programming from CNN, US viewers can also watch the the service on Fox News and FoxNews.com starting at 9 a.m. ET. NBC and CBS will commence broadcast coverage at 9:30 a.m. ET, with anchors Savannah Guthrie and Gayle King respectively.

NBC News Now will stream the network's coverage live and on demand on Peacock and other platforms. CBS's broadcast will be available on its streaming service CBSN.

ABC News will carry a live broadcast beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET and led by anchor David Muir. This will also be streamed on ABC News Live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 16, 2021 12:57 PM

I for one will be watching in America on BBC World News. This thing demands "presenters" with English accents.

by Anonymousreply 582April 16, 2021 1:01 PM

R557

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583April 16, 2021 1:03 PM

R552

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 16, 2021 1:04 PM

How the funeral procession may look on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 16, 2021 1:10 PM

The Canadian (?) media outlet Global News already has a YouTube bookmark for the funeral. They'll start broadcasting at 13:00 local.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 16, 2021 1:28 PM

R298, it was a walk of approximately 1 mile, but at funeral pace it took a really long time.

In checking the distance, I found an article which reminded me that one of the reasons it was felt important that the boys should walk was that there was a real fear someone in the crowd would take a potshot at Charles (for "causing" Diana's death), and the chance of hitting one of her children would be the best deterrent. Another reason why William, at 15, might have thought it wasn't a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 587April 16, 2021 1:31 PM

Sky News YouTube funeral bookmark. They start broadcasting at 12:30 local.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 16, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]They'll go digging and digging and digging, knowing there is something to find. He has contributed to making himself look even worse.

When I say this, what I mean is the true story about the uniforms and his general behaviour.

Had he shown up, shut up and behaved he actually would have walked away from this in good shape, compared to his recent standing and particularly since Prince Andrew is the gift that keeps on giving. But as ever they overplayed their weak hand. And you know she's calling shots from Clearance House.

by Anonymousreply 589April 16, 2021 1:35 PM

R587 A MILE? Are you sure? I may have to revise my opinion on this and agree that it was a bad idea. That is an excruciating distance.

by Anonymousreply 590April 16, 2021 1:38 PM

A cartoon of Prince Philip at the Pearly Gates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 16, 2021 1:39 PM

If the organisers had a sense of humour they'd put Charlotte between William and Harry and make them each hold a hand.

Harry would be totally chagrined and Meggsie would basically explode watching at home. The only problem would be the risk of William and Charlotte grinning widely at what is a solemn affair.

by Anonymousreply 592April 16, 2021 1:54 PM

If the organizers had any sense, they'd put me in the middle. The Leading Lady is always surrounded by chorus boys.

by Anonymousreply 593April 16, 2021 2:01 PM

Jackie Kennedy walked behind JFK's horse drawn casket from the White House to St. Matthew Cathedral, most likely wearing heels, and still reeling from the shock of watching the top of her husband's head getting blown off and dying in her arms.

I'm sure the fellas can pull themselves up by their Royal panties and walk the distance.

by Anonymousreply 594April 16, 2021 2:06 PM

Edward, Sophie and Louise viewing the flowers and messages outside of Windsor Castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595April 16, 2021 2:24 PM

I think I'll skip the CBS coverage with Gayle Bitch King moderating.....although I like the idea of the poster above who says Harry will probably join her when they cover the Queen's funeral.....

I'll go to CNN, but I think I get a BBC channel so I'll check that out.

And I also don't want to watch CBS because I don't want the funeral to be interrupted by promos for MOM, THE UNICORN, and B POSITIVE.

by Anonymousreply 596April 16, 2021 2:34 PM

Not watching CBS, particularly with Meghan's Mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 597April 16, 2021 2:36 PM

Link to Part 3:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598April 16, 2021 2:40 PM

Posted pictures are nice.

But since not every DL poster has a login on Instagram, from sources other than Instagram would be welcome.

by Anonymousreply 599April 16, 2021 2:40 PM

Who thinks MeGain will call into Gayle? Will she be the "special guest?" Who else could it be? Scoobie? Orca?

Lady A seems to keep to background machinations so doubt it is him.

Maybe it will be the Duke of Suck, they should probably confiscate his phone.

Nothing is beyond the pale for the Suckses or their psycho PR and minions.

Prince Philip may have wanted dignity but he coined it when he referred to our Rach as "destructive" and called her "Wallis."

Have the popcorn ready, Gayle starts at 9:30, I believe.

I was not that poster but wiIll keep that in mind, R599. The DM may have picked up the photos of the Wessex family. They seem genuinely grief stricken.

by Anonymousreply 600April 16, 2021 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!