Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid Vaccine Dilemma: J and J or Pfizer

Should I book a Pfizer vaccine this week (it is so far from my home) or wait for the J and J vaccine? I prefer the J and J, but I cannot find available appointments at all. I could schedule and Pfizer, it far from my home though.

The J and J is the best right?

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2021 3:31 PM

I think Pfizer is the most effective.

My country initially planned on using AstraZeneca, but switched to J&J instead. Pfizer is also part of the plan for the vaccine rollout.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 5:53 PM

Just get whichever vaccine you can ASAP. We've seen availability change depending on supply, and bizarre accidents like the recent manufacturing mishap where15 million doses of the J&J were ruined will make that one harder to get for awhile. Don't wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 6:06 PM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 12:40 AM

FDA halts J and J vaccine

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2021 2:08 PM

FDA suspends J and J vaccine for covid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2021 2:09 PM

Pfizer: 2 shots, 3 weeks apart. I experienced no side effects at all.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Get Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2021 2:14 PM

I got J&J one month ago. One and done.

No side effects whatsoever. Love, love, love.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2021 2:14 PM

Just had the first round of Pfizer on Sunday. Arm was a little sore yesterday and I was tired, but other than that, perfectly fine. Nothing that Advil couldn't fix.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2021 2:15 PM

Most people don't get to choose. Get whatever you can get.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2021 2:19 PM

How old are you R8?

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2021 2:21 PM

Get the Pfizer. There will be other people lined up to get the other vaccines, so those vaccines won’t go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2021 2:31 PM

R11... I'm 64. YEARS!

And male. The blood clot issue announced today has, so far, all been in females.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 2:33 PM

The Pfizer is, according to the data we have at present, the most effective against Covid, has the fewest documented side effects and is the easiest from which to add a booster against the variant strains later on. That's as against all vaccines (though Moderna is similar), not just against J&J. Why on earth would you not want that?

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2021 2:36 PM

The vaccines seem fine on elderly people for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2021 2:38 PM

Elderly people should get the most effective vaccine, since they’re the ones most likely to die from COVID. Younger people aren’t likely to get severe illness from COVID anyway, so a “lesser” vaccine will do just fine at it’s intended goal of keeping people out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 4:38 PM

Are people just being assholes when they recommend taking Advil for the vaccine side effects?

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2021 4:41 PM

J&J

Trumpcine? Operation WarpClot?

I mean he's whining for credit, right?

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2021 4:45 PM

Pfizer is supposedly the best of the ones available. It is known to have the least incidents of side effects.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2021 10:09 PM

Just say NO to j & J! I get my 2nd Moderna tomorrow. Yipee!

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2021 10:10 PM

I knew a girl who took the J & J vaccine. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote]Are people just being assholes when they recommend taking Advil for the vaccine side effects?

No. It works.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2021 10:53 PM

pfizer and moderna both really good.

J and J is so so. only 66 %....still, better than nothing!

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2021 11:08 PM

Lots of strange things in this thread. Just remember this illness is new and the vaccines are even newer. We don't know everything is going to be to know about any of it. The situation is evolving.

I did read a week or so ago that six weeks after the initial shot, all three vaccines were working at about the same level. What none of us yet know is how long the vaccines will remain effective. And what we will have to do after they no longer work... sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote]The vaccines seem fine on elderly people for the most part.

There's a difference between side effects and overall effectiveness, though. I'd have to know how they tested that "vaccines were working at the same level", because in a trial the test would be how many subjects got Covid, and testing people in the sixth week doesn't give them a lot of scope to come down with it, so that's probably not what they measured.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2021 2:44 PM

J&J is delayed in Europe. It should be stopped here. People at least women are getting blood clots. Do not take J&J

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2021 2:48 PM

R26, the number of women with blood clots is LESS THAN one in a million J&J vaccines given.

The death rate from not being vaccinated is higher.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Just get vaxxed, shouldn’t matter what

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Are you still debating this after five days? Get the fucking vaccine already! And stop whining about how far away the Pfizer alternative is. Geez!

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Do you NOT watch the news?

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2021 2:58 PM

Here's a good explainer from Vox on why you should go with whatever's available...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2021 3:01 PM

J&J is finished as a vaccine. Even if the FDA allows it to be administered again,, people aren't going to want it.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2021 3:05 PM

J&J is over. It’s Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2021 3:07 PM

Get Pfizer, you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2021 3:37 PM

Moderna is just as good.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2021 3:51 PM

J&J only requires one shot, so it was a better option for people who are too stupid to remember to go back for the second one.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2021 3:53 PM

Just get whatever the fuck you can get. Most people don't have a choice. They just show up to the vaccination site and get whatever they get.

God, queens create so much unnecessary drama.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] Most people don't have a choice.

Yes, but we’re not most people and we do have a choice. As r36 pointed out, J&J is intended for the masses, and so others have indicated their preference between Pfizer and Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Go with the Va Jay Jay.

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2021 4:10 PM

R38 What the fuck are you talking about? Very few places give you a menu of choices when you show up. You get what you get. Good for you if you got a choice, but that's rare, and I don't know what this "we're not most people" BS is supposed to mean.

Do you have two heads or something and get presented with two different vaccines for each one?

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2021 4:11 PM

J and J is fine if you are over 60. don't worry! covid will more likely to kill you if you're over 60 than the J and J vax.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2021 4:29 PM

I will wait for a blod clot free vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2021 4:31 PM

It seems the vax will kill you when you’re younger and covid will kill you when you’re older. I’ll just wait for the next generation of vaccines—granted I survive.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2021 4:32 PM

R43 Oh, that's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2021 4:33 PM

I guess it was inevitable that the responses to the "greatest public health crisis of our generation" (it wasn't - climate change will kill the fucking human species at some point, and we chose to be blind to it...) would be crackpot, panicked, inchoate, misconstrued, and political.

It was always assumed that the original vaccine might need a booster.

Some people who claim the vaccine is full of deep state poison that disrupts the God-created natural processes - eat crap with chemicals that fatten them and make mush of their internal organs and disrupt their neurotransmitters creating addictions that make them little consumer units... without questioning anything.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2021 4:34 PM

R43 Again, again, and again.... you do understand it isn't all about you and the jeopardy you choose to accept? Your getting vaccinated is part of common effort to prevent hundreds of thousands of more deaths? Other people, remember them?

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2021 4:35 PM

Just take whatever is available. Whatever you take, it will still be better than dealing with Covid. And death is too permanent to correct an error in judgment.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2021 4:36 PM

r43, can i have all your stuff when you die?

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2021 4:39 PM

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2021 4:55 PM

The chance of getting a blood clot from the J&J vaccine is less than one in a million. Over 6 million people have gotten this vaccine, and literally 6 people have gotten the blood clot.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2021 5:31 PM

^ and in addition to that: The risk of getting clots is greater when you have Covid.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2021 5:35 PM

^ But if you stay indoors the risk of getting covid isn't even there. No need to inject oneself with a blood clotting vaccine when you don't have to. I choose my mansion over pfizer seneca.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2021 5:42 PM

R50 But this idiot doesn't seem concerned about blood clots, only that the Pfizer is a bigger shlep for him than the J & J.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2021 9:18 PM

R51, the side effect is a rare clotting disease which seems to be different from the clots thrown by Covid itself. For instance, traditional blood thinning drugs are contra-indicated in its treatment. It is sited in the brain and is particularly unpleasant, but yes, it's extremely rare.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2021 2:16 PM

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about it. One thing I find odd is that, at least in how the issue was presented, it was just six women at one particular time without any kind of real ongoing development. One would think that, over the course of the vaccine's usage and even throughout the last week, more women who received the vaccine would develop the same issue if it was tied to the vaccine. My personal belief (completely unsupported by any scientific evidence) is that it really is coincidence instead of causal, and I hope that to be the case. Any people on here more knowledgable than me know?

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2021 2:40 PM

R55, there is a man too, he's 43, father of 7. had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2021 2:55 PM

He took the JJ vaccine, R56?

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2021 3:28 PM

yes r57

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2021 3:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!