Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So Brave!!! Oops! Justine Bateman’s new book!

Plastic surgery is a no win Ponzi scheme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 6, 2022 7:40 AM

She REALLY got screwed in the genetic lottery in the aging gracefully category compared to her brother.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 3:38 PM

She’s 55. Holy shit!

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 3:40 PM

If she wore pigtails she'd look just like Willie Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 3:42 PM

Give that woman some argan oil. Stat!

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 3:42 PM

That's the face of someone who smokes a carton of cigarettes every afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 3:46 PM

She’d look better with some weight on her

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 3:47 PM

R6 = Tina Yothers

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote]She’d look better with some weight on her

I agree. Someone drop a piano on her.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 3:49 PM

First, she needs a different hairstyle

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 3:51 PM

Her chin looks like the tide is coming in.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Is that a trans?

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Like Jason hasn't had botox. She can also gain a few pounds and fill in the wrinkles with the fat.

Jason's filled out and she's skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 3:53 PM

Wtf? My mom is about to turn 70 and she looks younger than her!

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 3:53 PM

I think she looks artistic and wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 3:56 PM

She was a very beautiful young woman when she was on Family Ties. I know none of us look the way we did when we were 19 forever but she aged REALLY bad. I agree weight gain would help. And a new hair style. But there’s only so much that will do. Has she been ill??

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 3:58 PM

She should probably talk to Rob Zombie about getting a role in his next film. I know Meg Foster has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 4:02 PM

She's what we used to call rode hard and put-up wet. I understand resisting the clownish transformation so many woman put themselves through, but a little nip and tuck by a good surgeon could do wonders for her

Also, that's a terrible picture

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2021 4:03 PM

@r16, OMG, she was so hot when she was young. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2021 4:04 PM

She hasn't been ill, she just has the kind of skin that makes her look older. Here she is in 2009, looking old already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2021 4:05 PM

You’d look like too if you dated Leif Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2021 4:11 PM

Maybe not relevant here. but I'm reminded of a saying that I used to hear - something about Australian women being some of the most beautiful women in the world but they age terribly, skin turns leathery, creases, etc. I suspect this is due to the heavy sun exposure. Probably similar situation in California. Gorgeous when young but over the years, too much sun, plus smoking or whatever they do, and ....suddenly they look 40X older than women from more temperate climates.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2021 4:15 PM

I always thought she resembled Lauren Bacall but, geez, Bacall looked better at 80 than Justine at 55.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2021 4:19 PM

The poor woman is probably Google Alerting herself to these hateful comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2021 4:20 PM

Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross look younger than she does. How is that possible??

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2021 4:20 PM

She looks like a 55-year old Appalachian great grandma who’s had a hard life. She needs a decent hairstyle, so something about the eyebrows, lose the black eyeliner and wear some lip color. I hope she uses sunscreen, clearly she didn’t for the first half of her life.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2021 4:22 PM

I can see she's wearing some eyeliner. So why not get a decent hairstyle and do something about the god-awful eyebrows? And no, that skin is extremely sun-damaged and smoking-damaged, not normally aged. So why not fix it with some laser or a chemical peel?

She just radiates neglect. In the animal kingdom, when they have tatty fur or feathers, that shows they are old or weak, and it invites attack.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2021 4:22 PM

Yo willie Nelson!

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2021 4:22 PM

And what about the size of her head in

proportion to the rest of her body in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2021 4:25 PM

In other news: Justine will be launching her one woman Willie Nelson tribute show this fall at the Dorthy Chandler Pavillon black box stage.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2021 4:27 PM

She's been a heavy smoker for 30 years. As has her brother, who up close looks pretty rough too.

But she looks about 70...

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2021 4:28 PM

She needs to eat a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2021 4:31 PM

WHOA, Mallory, is that you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 10, 2021 4:31 PM

A lot of people smoke without looking like they're 80 when they're only 55.

by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2021 4:32 PM

R24, nope. Baxter looks the same, probably a little worse, but yeah, she's also 73.

This pic is from 2011, at age 63. Needs some ironing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2021 4:32 PM

Maybe she’s up for the part of Migrant Mother in a Dorothea Lange biopic and she’s gone all method? I guess no, that woman still looks better than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2021 4:33 PM

True, R33. But it depends on how much one smokes, plus their body weight, sun exposure, etc..

by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2021 4:34 PM

Too much sun. Too much liquor. Too many cigarettes!

by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2021 4:39 PM

I'm shocked the plastic surgery has done nothing. Sun + smoking is just disastrous if you're from the British Isles (Justine's mother is English), and she's hampered further by the fact she looks like she has an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2021 4:40 PM

She got the face that she deserves.

I remember an anonymous insider on the Family Ties set said Justine would yell "FAGGOT" in Michael J. Fox's trailer windows when he was in there with his boyfriend (allegedly doing drugs) back in the 80s .

No surprise after hearing about those kinds of stories that in the 90s she became a born again Christian (due to Michael Gross's wife allegedly recruiting her) & popped up on The 700 Club as well as other religious right shows. Afterwards, she also did a "Where are they now?" segment for Inside Edition where she again bragged about her new religious right ways.

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2021 4:41 PM

Rode hard and put-up wet

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2021 4:41 PM

I think she’s being disingenuous. If your job is acting in movies, you need to look good, especially if you’re a woman. People are paying to see fantasy, and that includes magic, outer space adventures and the supernatural but also beautiful people living in beautiful surroundings. That’s a big part of the appeal. While there are certainly many female character actors like Linda Hunt, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Bates and even Meryl Streep, I would imagine the majority of roles are written for young, attractive women. It’s sort of like saying, “why can’t models who gain a lot weight get work? It’s not fair!” Models need to make clothes look good. Actors need to make the story appealing. Looks are an integral part of both.

If Bateman were a surgeon, teacher, CEO, chef or just about any other profession, no one would care about her face if she were good at her job.

by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2021 4:43 PM

^ She wants to be the new female Yoda in the next Star Wars film...

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2021 4:45 PM

Wow, she looks like a rode hard old lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2021 4:47 PM

She may not *need* plastic surgery, but a makeover could do wonders for her.

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2021 4:47 PM

^ Not if she wants to be in The Mummy Returns sequels...

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2021 4:49 PM

She needs extensive work. She looks like a streetwalker who’ll do anything for $10.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2021 4:49 PM

She needs to eat a fuckin' burger and put on about 35 lbs!

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote]She looks like a streetwalker who’ll do anything for $10.

If I give her $10, will she apply some Max Factor?

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2021 4:51 PM

Women are their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2021 5:05 PM

She's doing that for a role: a "faces of meth" billboard.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2021 5:13 PM

R49, women are their own worst enemies? It's a bunch of men tearing her down on this thread. Not because of who she is, or what she's done. But because of how she looks. How dare she refuse to have plastic surgery, dye her hair, and put on a ton of make-up. (It was OK for Jack Nicholson to be bald, fat, and wrinkled in his 50s, but it's not OK for a woman to have even ONE of those faults.) If she doesn't make straight men's dicks hard, then she's worthless. And gay men, who wouldn't want to fuck a woman anyway regardless of how she looks, get in line to trash her because she doesn't care about making straight men's dicks hard. It's a little twisted if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2021 5:14 PM

r51 oh please, save the "If she were a man!!1!1!" crap for somewhere else. Women and men get this kind of pressure to get work done, look at Tom Cruise's face.

by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2021 5:17 PM

I went to middle/high school with her, and we're allegedly the same age. if she's shaving several years off her age, then she's playing the "long game".

by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2021 5:23 PM

That's a hard 55. She must have lived the life back in the day. Meanwhile, Jason looks forever young.

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote]Jason looks forever young.

He's had a lot of help.

by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2021 5:29 PM

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2021 5:38 PM

Most people of that age, without anything done at all, have that much damaged skin. She's too young for that.

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2021 5:40 PM

....*don't have that much damaged skin.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2021 5:43 PM

Right you are r57. I think there's a health issue, not major - likely dehydration and maybe too much booze and cigs. And diet, another factor. It all adds up. It's not just one thing. But I'd bet the sun is really the #1 issue compounded by all her other 'habits.' And let's not forget stress and hormones. Stress is a weird thing - has different effect on different people.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote]Plastic surgery is a no win Ponzi scheme.

But with a face like that maybe it wouldn't hurt you to buy one ticket, Justine

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]Justine Bateman Doesn’t Want You to Call Her New Book Brave

Brave is not the word that comes to mind...

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2021 6:00 PM

That reminds me...can I list my used leather couch here?

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2021 6:01 PM

Not exactly the poster child for not getting work done. She could look 10x better with some grooming and surgery.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] Not because of who she is, or what she's done. But because of how she looks.

How outrageous! Do people for some reason think she is in a profession where looks matter?

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2021 6:04 PM

She looks 90. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] (It was OK for Jack Nicholson to be bald, fat, and wrinkled in his 50s,

I seem to remember Jack Nicholson getting a lot of flak for letting himself go lookswise. He continued to get great roles, but I can;t imagine anyone disagreeing he's a much, much better actor than Justine Bateman.

Don't let that stop you from your hissy fit, however.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 6:06 PM

So this broad who looks like an old hag is telling people not to improve their looks? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 6:11 PM

How is plastic surgery a ponzi scheme? I don't want to buy or read her book.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 6:15 PM

She would look better with bangs. 8 inch long bangs.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2021 6:18 PM

She doesn't have to get extreme plastic surgery to put her best "face" forward, so to speak. Lot's of older women have had subtle work done to look fantastic.....for their age. And as others have said, FFS putting even a little effort into her appearance would go a long way: a decent hairstyle, some make up, proper grooming (dear God, those eyebrows) and elegant clothes. If she wanted to she 'could' look amazing.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2021 6:20 PM

We've all seen what a good makeover can do. You don't need surgery to look your best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2021 6:25 PM

Per the above poster's comment, she really does look like Appalachian white trash. That's a helluva rough 55!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2021 6:31 PM

It's one thing to go the extreme plastic surgery route so you look like an extraterrestrial (hello, Madonna!) but not all plastic surgery is meant to make you look freakish and alien. A discreet eyelift and neck/chinlift can do wonders for your appearance and it all looks very natural. Laser resurfacing also helps smooth out the wrinkles and you still have a natural appearance. You just look refreshed and rested.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote](It was OK for Jack Nicholson to be bald, fat, and wrinkled in his 50s, but it's not OK for a woman to have even ONE of those faults.)

Jack Nicholson was never a sex symbol or even remotely attractive.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]That's a hard 55. She must have lived the life back in the day. Meanwhile, Jason looks forever young.

If you were a young person in Hollywood in the 1980s, you lived the life. Believe me. It was a real-life Less Than Zero for just about everybody. Only a very few exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2021 6:44 PM

Justine, call me- I can help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]That's the face of someone who smokes a carton of cigarettes every afternoon.

That's the face of someone who gets smoke blown at her from someone smoking a carton of cigarettes every day.

[quote]First, she needs a different hairstyle

Yeah, like Cousin It from The Addams Family.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2021 7:21 PM

What does it have in its pocketses, my precious?

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2021 7:25 PM

^^Looking at its face, I would say a pint of Smirnoff and a pack of Marb Reds.

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] "I realized I was an anorexic, a bulimic, and a compulsive overeater," the Family Ties actress told Entertainment Weekly in 1996. She checked into a 12-step program, which led to another calling. "I needed a concept of God that worked for me, and I wound up giving my life to Jesus Christ."

My gut feeling is that she is still bingeing and purging. Also, smoking cigarettes. Maybe even diuretics (for weight loss).

Quick fix: get eyebrows done (tweeze a few hairs and use some pencil).

She doesn't look like a sun worshiper, plus she's got dark hair. Looks like she could tan easily if she wanted to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote] Jack Nicholson was never... even remotely attractive.

Strongly disagree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2021 8:06 PM

Stunning and brave!

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2021 8:13 PM

Wait, no. This must be partly the effect of a really harsh light setting and a very high resolution camera. She has some labial folds and discoloration, but the expression and imaging here seem deliberately harsh. She can’t look like this Zuni warrior fetish doll in real life.

She played a character called Nellie Bluth on Arrested Development (admittedly about 15 years ago) and photographed well in that sitcom’s format of videography.

Jason’s face in the first series of Arrested Development was extremely telegenic, so expressive and a super endearing smile. In the more recent Netflix series, his face is only slightly wizened, and it looked like he was extremely thin.

I find it curious to see how performers manage changes in their appearances over time. I also see this complexity in high resolution television cameras and these giant high resolution television screens like OLED’s. Waiting for a flight once, I sat in the business lounge near a giant high-res monitor. I could see tartar on his teeth, nodules on his tongue.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2021 8:23 PM

Plastic surgery is a no-win Ponzi scheme if you started out looking like Justine Batemen.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2021 8:38 PM

She makes no concessions to the standards of her (former) profession--in all the interview photos above, she's wearing zero makeup. She doesn't wear lipstick, or even fill in her patchy left eyebrow.

Clearly she's making a statement about rejecting the beauty industry, and that's fine. But if she wants to be an actress she needs to make herself look nice. She would have had a better occupation as a college professor (many of them rarely wear make-up, so she would not look out of place).

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]specific account of how she, and other women, must grapple with the “imagined reality that older women’s faces” are often thought of as being “unattractive, undesirable, and something to be ‘fixed.’”

Honey, there’s nothing “imagined” about how rough your face looks.

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2021 8:45 PM

If she wanted to age well and avoid plastic surgery, she should have quit smoking and started using sunscreen about 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]She would have had a better occupation as a college professor (many of them rarely wear make-up, so she would not look out of place).

LOL you're putting mildly. Many female college professors look like granola dykes who haven't bathed in months.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] how she, and other women, must grapple with the “imagined reality that older women’s faces” are often thought of as being “unattractive, undesirable, and something to be ‘fixed.’”

As opposed to aging men's faces??? Granted, women always wear more make-up than men; but I am sure her brother is not the sexual fantasy of many people the way he was at 22--or even at 40

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Justine in all her 80s glory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2021 8:54 PM

"Let me give you a tip: The answer to feeling unattractive isn't to make yourself even uglier!"

--Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford, "Feud"

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2021 8:55 PM

Remember when she got higher billing than Julia Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2021 8:57 PM

Sadly- She doesn't even need plastic surgery. Just some filler and Botox and lasers. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

Sharon Stone looks amazing natural..

Justine looks way older than she needs to.

I was glad to see that she is a 30 year smoker- otherwise I would have thought she never, ever, ever came in from the sun. Like a lizard?

But I do admire her balls. She has a cool look- its just so harsh. Her face would look more natural if she had an old vibe, grey and short hair-

But she still exudes a youthful vibe- but the face is too prematurely aged. Sometimes it is okay to match your face to your vibe. And she has the money to do it. No scapels needed.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2021 9:03 PM

Since Justine is not acting any longer, she could get a bit more stylish and yes, perhaps see what can be done to lessen the very premature lines on her face...while still not falling into the actors' syndrome of chasing some unattainable, mythical ideal of beauty.

And there's nothing wrong with doing a little something with your hair so that you don't look like a 1960s hippie protesting the war. Hair and make-up styles have changed in the last 50 years and can look natural too. Come on, it almost seems like she's trying to make herself unattractive to prove a point. We get it, Justine. You've proved your point, but that doesn't mean you have to look like an unkempt slob. Yes, 55 is a mature age, but it's not 75.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2021 9:06 PM

R94 said it better than I did.

I think that she could learn a little from Paulina P. (Cannot spell it- Rick Ocasek's widow)

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2021 9:07 PM

More on the work Jason Bateman has had, please.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2021 9:09 PM

Jason Bateman was on Howard Stern's show several years ago and he told Howard that he and Justine are not close at all, even though they only live a mile away from each other. Howard tried to press him for details, but he refused to elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2021 9:09 PM

R97- Not surprised. They all seem a little cold and "off"... Weird....

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2021 9:10 PM

I like her boho artist refusenik thing.

But I didn’t know she was on the god squad so now I think she’s just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2021 9:14 PM

I saw her at a movie premiere about 25 yrs ago. She was one of the most beautiful women I've seen in person.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2021 9:14 PM

Did she party a lot of spend time in the sun? Serious question because I know 60 year old women who smoked fir half their adult life and don’t use good skincare products who have aged better.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2021 9:18 PM

she looks like a junkie

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Her skull appears to have contracted in size.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2021 9:21 PM

She would look better with more weight on her and less makeup. She has great cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2021 9:23 PM

Justine was on the Tamron Hall show last week...with Paulina Porizkova and Christie Brinkley. The topic was about aging beauty. Christie looks good, but is becoming overdone . She needs to back off the fillers/procedures now. Paulina has a little age, but it's a natural progression that is appropriate for someone her age, which is 55. Justine came on to talk about her book, and she was shocking to me. She looks too old for her age...also 55. Paulina looked the best, in my opinion. Like some here have said, if Justine would groom her eyebrows (nice that she still has her full eyebrows).. softened her makeup and updated her hairstyle, she would look better. She's still a nice looking woman. If she wore more stylish fashion, that could make her appear younger....and some wrinkles wouldn't stand out, as the entire package looks good. Not saying this is her....but, as an example..some of the most homely women (and men) who have a certain style about them and is flattering to them, can make them appear very attractive, even if not in a conventional way.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2021 9:23 PM

Justine has some sort of health condition which has caused her to look this way. This isn't graceful aging, and it's wrong for her to be telling younger women that this is how they'll look at 55.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2021 9:28 PM

The point is, for her, she is comfortable in her skin and what she looks like. I can't even imagine what the Kardashians are going to look like when they are 55 years old.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2021 9:31 PM

Do she and Jason loathe each other? If so, why?

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] The point is, for her, she is comfortable in her skin and what she looks like.

Someone with a lifetime of eating disorders is the exact opposite of someone who is "comfortable in her skin."

Don't assume we just fell off the turnip truck, Mary Jane.

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2021 9:41 PM

Maybe all her eating disorders made her age prematurely

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2021 9:48 PM

A combination of bad genetics, being too thin, and some bad habits (smoking) have caused her to look like that. She’s aging even worse than most of the Kennedy women.

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Do we know for a fact that she smokes? Her brother certainly does, or at least was still smoking in 2016 when I saw him in LA.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2021 9:50 PM

Between the eating disorders and smoking I see a lot of connection between her and the recent SJP thread and how similar they look, even with the trowel makeup and styling of SJP. Aren’t they about the same age?

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2021 9:54 PM

Like sisters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2021 9:57 PM

A photo made for DL...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2021 9:58 PM

My mother will be 80 this year and she has better skin than Justine does.

by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2021 9:59 PM

R115 Justine and SJP look like a couple of old witches in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2021 10:01 PM

“. People are paying to see fantasy, and that includes magic, outer space adventures and the supernatural but also beautiful people living in beautiful surroundings. “

Then why can male actors be ugly, both when young and old, and are frequently cast in ridiculous roles like Liam Neeson or Tom Cruise as “action” heroes at their current ages?

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Liam Neeson and Tom Cruise have never been ugly. Cruise in particular, whatever you may think of him, was cute AF when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 10, 2021 10:05 PM

IMO, Jack Nicholson was not conventionally good-looking. What he did have was confidence and he seemed charming. Now, he is pretty much obese, eats what he wants, smokes, probably drinks what/when he wants. Maybe happy? Who knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 10, 2021 10:08 PM

OMG, are those pictures of SJP and JB photoshopped? I mean I mention them in R113 and you just pulled them out of thin air? How did you know they even meet each other? That is so weird! And they definitely look like women of the same tribe, if not related. So spooky!

by Anonymousreply 121April 10, 2021 10:09 PM

Frances McDormand has changed the rules for women in film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 10, 2021 10:09 PM

I thought smoker too when I saw the pic. So what? She's 55 years old and they obviously didn't "light" her. She's still alive and seems like she has her shit together.

by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2021 10:09 PM

Actually between SPJ and JB in that more recent shot I’d say JB looks better. At least she doesn’t have really harsh angles.

by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2021 10:11 PM

Frances McDormand is married to one of the Coen brothers and, IMO, an anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2021 10:11 PM

Marring a Cohen makes you an anomaly?

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Well, what about Glenn Close? She's no beauty.

by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote]Did she party a lot of spend time in the sun? Serious question because I know 60 year old women who smoked fir half their adult life and don’t use good skincare products who have aged better.

Well, she did date Leif Garrett for awhile... Also, I remember her on Arsenio once and she talked about how she used to love vacationing in Brazil and dancing on tables there.😳

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2021 10:13 PM

When it comes to toxic beauty Frances, Glenn and Meryl are all game-changers.

by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote]Jason Bateman was on Howard Stern's show several years ago and he told Howard that he and Justine are not close at all, even though they only live a mile away from each other. Howard tried to press him for details, but he refused to elaborate.

Probably because she’s a bitch who thinks she’s so much more enlightened than everyone else. Also, Jason seems so much more easygoing whereas Justine is a born again Christian asshole.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2021 10:16 PM

Being married to a Coen gives you a leg up, e.g., being cast in Fargo.

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2021 10:17 PM

You all are mean. I think Tan Mom looks great, not a day over 75!

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2021 10:18 PM

Justine could've had a great singing career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2021 10:18 PM

Has the McDomand even made a film with her husband or brother in law within decades?

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2021 10:18 PM

Do you think she’s jealous of Julia Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2021 10:19 PM

If she's that bony and withered up, does her pussy still stink?

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2021 10:20 PM

R136 It’s probably leathered and dried up like her face.

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2021 10:22 PM

Do you think she started using after Jason's career took off and her's didn't? That must've been tough considering she was the first to have a hit TV series.

by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2021 10:22 PM

She looks like she needs lubrication for her joints to move let alone other parts of her.

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote]Marring a Cohen makes you an anomaly?

I think the point people are trying to make, is that Frances McDormand got her breakthrough role in Fargo because her husband was the director, and didn’t have to rely on her looks like most unknown actresses do.

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Who is that on the right in R115's picture?

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2021 10:25 PM

This would be more interesting if she were an A or B.... or C.... list actor still working a lot.

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2021 10:26 PM

Marie Dressler was once the single biggest box office star in America, and she looked much worse than Justine Bateman. She was fat as well as haggard and lined.

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2021 10:26 PM

R141 I think she is one of the singers from Expose.

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote]Who is that on the right in [R115]'s picture?'

The actress Alysia Reiner, best known for Orange Is the New Black.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2021 10:28 PM

R115 SJP looked so bad that night.

by Anonymousreply 146April 10, 2021 10:30 PM

R144- Chile. Shit. You almost destroyed my powerbook with wine splatter.

LOL!

That is one of the funniest posts in a LONG time.

I believe that she is a recurring actress on the wonderful Better Things.

by Anonymousreply 147April 10, 2021 10:31 PM

Meryl Streep is an example of a woman who hasn’t had a lot of work but has aged well. She looks like an average woman in her 70s and her face seems natural and relatable, which is a big part of why she still gets cast in a lot of roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 10, 2021 10:32 PM

This is why I love DL. A person as random as Justine Bateman can inspire such intense discussion, and hilarious quips.

by Anonymousreply 149April 10, 2021 10:32 PM

R141 She played the female warden in Orange is the New Black and the porn star’s agent in The Deuce. I like her as an actress, but not enough that she has name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 150April 10, 2021 10:32 PM

Other women who were big movie stars when they were not beautiful:

Barbra Streisand

Glenn Close

June Allyson

Bette Midler

Whoopi Goldberg

Melissa McCarthy

Rebel Wilson

by Anonymousreply 151April 10, 2021 10:33 PM

This is turning into my best thread yet, and I mainly did it because the whole “So Brave” thing is such a meme here and it tied right in!

by Anonymousreply 152April 10, 2021 10:35 PM

R148- SHE IS AN OVERRATED BITCH. LOL

But I agree with every word. She could pass for 56-76.

Her surgical work (I am guessing one decent facelift 10 years ago) is perfect for her.

She probably gets some lasers and fillers- and that's it. With her money, I cannot fathom her not getting Thermage or something..

by Anonymousreply 153April 10, 2021 10:35 PM

R115 is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 154April 10, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] If she wanted to age well and avoid plastic surgery, she should have quit smoking and started using sunscreen about 30 years ago.

I agree. I have a cousin who is 51 and she looks a decade older than her age. She was a heavy smoker and drinker for a long time. She only stopped drinking and smoking after her son died due to a brain aneurysm. Shortly after her son's death, she started having an affair with a co-worker who is 14 years younger than her. She left her ex- husband for the co-worker. My cousin lost a lot of money/assets in her divorce due to New Mexico being a community property state. In the past couple of years, she has bitched up and down on Facebook about how she can't afford cosmetic procedures/treatments like botox, or other types of fillers. I get the vibe that she's worried about her boyfriend leaving her because he looks a bit young for his age and in many pictures she looks like she could be his mom.

by Anonymousreply 155April 10, 2021 10:37 PM

Justine has definitely been ill, spent too much time in the sun, and/or smoked for decades. But damn, her brother is STILL hot...botox or not.

by Anonymousreply 156April 10, 2021 10:37 PM

Will Mika have her on the Know Your Value tour?

by Anonymousreply 157April 10, 2021 10:37 PM

SJP looks like evil personified in R115 's photo.

by Anonymousreply 158April 10, 2021 10:38 PM

Has Tina Yothers commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 159April 10, 2021 10:39 PM

Looking at celebs and friends alike, i notice how unpredictable the aging process in terms of looks is for people. I’ve known smokers who have aged better than non smokers, former ugly ducklings turning hot, etc., seems to be a crap shot.

by Anonymousreply 160April 10, 2021 10:39 PM

So brave, brave, brave, brave, BRAVE is our girl Justine, with that shriveled PUSS!

So brave, brave, brave, brave, brave brave!

Braver than the bravest Navy Seal in the HEAT of battle.

That shriveled puss is BRAVE and INSPIRING!

What a thought leader and BRAVE soul to walk out of her house with that FACE!

by Anonymousreply 161April 10, 2021 10:40 PM

R161 That Amanda Gorman can certainly turn a a poem at the drop of a dime.

by Anonymousreply 162April 10, 2021 10:42 PM

That is the worst photo of SJP I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot. JFC she looks like the undead.

by Anonymousreply 163April 10, 2021 10:42 PM

R163 standing next to SJP must've been a perfect photo op for anyone feeling less-than-attractive that night.

by Anonymousreply 164April 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Holy shit R163, Right?

I am still shocked seeing her so ghastly !

by Anonymousreply 165April 10, 2021 10:47 PM

Thank you, R145 and R149. I don't watch tv so I only know actors through DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 166April 10, 2021 10:48 PM

I'm with R163. Yeeecchh!

by Anonymousreply 167April 10, 2021 10:53 PM

Marie Dressler...wow...going way, way back R143. She's from the early silent movies, when they started.

by Anonymousreply 168April 10, 2021 10:54 PM

I wonder why Justine and Jason are not close when they still live so near each other.

by Anonymousreply 169April 10, 2021 10:58 PM

Marie Dressler was best known from movies she did in the thirties when she was in her early-mid 60s, almost a decade older than Justine Bateman's current face. JB still looks older than Marie, though.

by Anonymousreply 170April 10, 2021 10:59 PM

Justine's headshot for imdb

My jaw dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 10, 2021 11:00 PM

It's Wraitha Sue!

She looks like she's been living in a humidor and tanning in a steel mill.

by Anonymousreply 172April 10, 2021 11:02 PM

It's almost like a meth head shot ^^...

by Anonymousreply 173April 10, 2021 11:03 PM

R171- I love that photo. She has such a cool "edge" in that photo.

But if she is a Bible Belter? Fuck this bitch!

If she is cool with gays? I forgive her.

And love her druggy, strung out, wizened look!

I do hope she gets some fillers, though.

Praise Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 174April 10, 2021 11:03 PM

It's the dead eyes and wrinkly slack mouth that make her look like a zombie. The other parts of the face aren't that horrible.

by Anonymousreply 175April 10, 2021 11:04 PM

Agreed R175. She doesn't even need hardcore surgery. She needs fat and fillers. Even Botox isn't as important for her as filler.

by Anonymousreply 176April 10, 2021 11:05 PM

Her soul has left her body!

by Anonymousreply 177April 10, 2021 11:08 PM

Skinny white women age horribly. Add in sun damage and smoking and this is what they end up with.

by Anonymousreply 178April 10, 2021 11:10 PM

ZOMBIE... ZOMBIE... 🧟‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 179April 10, 2021 11:10 PM

R143 is, of course, an idiot, and R170 isn't far behind.

Marie Dressler always was a clever character actress, a fine physical comedian, a very gifted actress and a very popular and loved woman in the business. Anyone with interest knows her and knows the numerous roles she excelled in. Gary Cooper sleeping on her lap, being a boy worn out by the event, is a telling image of her. And she didn't really make it big until she was in her 60s.

This Bateman person, a rather unstable and peculiar-looking young woman much less appealing than was her brother, is now doing what she would do. I don't care how she looks. If that is what she wants to look like, fine. It's the other things about her - non-physical - that I don't care for. Self-abuse, of course, does show, though. And it ain't anything to be glorying in, is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2021 11:11 PM

I have 2 sisters around this same age & they don't look anywhere near this bad! This isn't normal aging, something else is going on. Holy Fuck!

And THIS is the retouched image!!!!! Let that sink in! Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2021 11:13 PM

It was a good interview, and she makes strong points about the inevitability of aging and how women in particular are placed in an unrealistic position opting for unrealistic faces.

I like that she doesn’t give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2021 11:14 PM

I had a cosmetic surgeon share that she tells her female patients “it’s either your face or your ass.” Justine has chosen her ass.

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Seems like people have wised up to fillers, i.e., they can only do so much. The trend is going back to brow lifts, eye lifts, face lifts. Unfortunately, people are now going overboard with cheek implants.

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2021 11:17 PM

How am I "not far behind" being an idiot, R180? Are you disagreeing that Marie Dressler was "best known from movies she did in the thirties," my assertion of her age, or that Justine Bateman looks older than Marie?

BTW I just realized that the photo in OP reminds me of Abraham Lincoln, at around the same age as Justine. The lower lip is the tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2021 11:18 PM

FFS weight gain is not going to make her or anyone who’s aging badly. It’s not just wrinkles but sagging that’s aging, in fact more so than wrinkles. Add to that, her hairstyle (or lack of it), no makeup, probably years of sun exposure, and bad aging genes, they all contribute to her looking 10 years older than what we envision celebrities to look like.

Weight gain would just make her old-looking and matronly fat.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2021 11:21 PM

R183?? With that face???? Justine has chosen 3,000,000 ASSES of other souls that she has NEVAH even laid eyes on!!!! Shit. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2021 11:21 PM

And so glad that I never smoked other than in 1994 when I drank once and binged ate lasagne. ONCE!

by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2021 11:22 PM

Her hair looks good to me. I think she could put a little bit of product in the roots and blow-dry upside down. Maybe back-comb the roots a little.

Again, the eyebrows would be so easy to clean up & improve.

I guess Meryl Streep looks good. It's her style that is so bad. She has no sense of style, what to wear, what kind of eyeglasses, etc.

by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Could she at least use a moisturizer every now and then?

by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2021 11:25 PM

However, r188, you type 63 and suburban.

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2021 11:28 PM

Maybe Justine is just like the Seinfeld Two Face girlfriend. This is obviously her bad look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2021 11:29 PM

There seems something off with her. Doesn't get along with her brother, didn't take part in the Family Ties reunion, allows herself to be shot so hideously.

by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote] I wonder why Justine and Jason are not close when they still live so near each other.

She’s always come across as an insufferable wannabe artist type.

by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2021 11:31 PM

What the hell is wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] [R143] is, of course, an idiot, and [R170] isn't far behind.

Better that than a smelly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] Marie Dressler always was a clever character actress, a fine physical comedian, a very gifted actress and a very popular and loved woman in the business. Anyone with interest knows her and knows the numerous roles she excelled in. Gary Cooper sleeping on her lap, being a boy worn out by the event, is a telling image of her. And she didn't really make it big until she was in her 60s.

That doesn't contradict a SINGLE thing I wrote at r143.

Speaking of idiots...

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2021 11:37 PM

I see a remake of High Art n Justine’s future!

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2021 11:38 PM

At the very least, she could change the oil in her hair.

by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2021 11:38 PM

I don’t get it. I think she's very good looking. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2021 11:43 PM

R200- She is- She would actually be stunning with some fillers and weight.

She is a hot woman.

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2021 11:44 PM

They should make a pair of shoes and matching bag out of her when she dies

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2021 11:48 PM

Meredith has Smoker's Liplines and California Tanned Leather Face.

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2021 11:51 PM

$20 bucks for the book? It's not even leatha!

by Anonymousreply 204April 11, 2021 12:02 AM

Go fuck off R109. Just because someone had an eating disorder doesn't mean they still do. Maybe part of her recovery was accepting herself.

by Anonymousreply 205April 11, 2021 12:19 AM

I’m surprised she dies her hair, you’d think she’d let it go natural

by Anonymousreply 206April 11, 2021 12:31 AM

Beauty starts on the inside, and Justine seems like her innards are dead and rotting.

by Anonymousreply 207April 11, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]The point is, for her, she is comfortable in her skin and what she looks like. I can't even imagine what the Kardashians are going to look like when they are 55 years old.

They'll look like Kris, who looks pretty damned good for 65. Best work money can buy, no doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Doubtful R208,

by Anonymousreply 209April 11, 2021 12:38 AM

That photo of Kris at R208 appears to have been shot through linoleum.

by Anonymousreply 210April 11, 2021 12:41 AM

What is with the dreadful lower lid eyeliner? Every woman over 40 knows NOT to do that. It looks ghoulish and emphasizes under eye bags.

I really think Justine is working hard to look as bad as possible. Maybe this is some weird performance art--an attention getting scheme. Is she playing a long game? I'm half expecting to learn that she's landed a reality show where she gets an extreme makeover. The final reveal will be just like those "fixer upper" home makeover shows. Ugly duckling to gorgeous swan.

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2021 12:46 AM

Jennifer Aniston is around the same age as Justine and she's also a smoker but she still looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Justine looks good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Let's try that again, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2021 12:50 AM

She looks like Keith Richards

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] She looks like Keith Richards

Only more masculine.

by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2021 1:13 AM

Is Justine Dale Dickey’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2021 1:14 AM

[quote]Jennifer Aniston is around the same age as Justine and she's also a smoker but she still looks really good.

I heard that Aniston quit smoking a while ago. Except for pot of course.

by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2021 2:23 AM

The Kardashians can afford the best doctors and cosmetics, but they still look average unless they’re completely made up and filtered and photoshopped to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2021 2:25 AM

Just put her necklace back on and she'll look like Melisandre again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2021 2:30 AM

It's funny and sad how almost everyone in this thread has SPECTACULARLY missed the premise of Justine's book. By disparaging her appearance, you prove her point that in the U.S., we have this toxic and unhealthy preoccupation with youthful looks that drives people, particularly women, to do fucked up shit to their faces. Did you guys even read the article?

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2021 5:39 AM

^ "particularly women, do fucked up shit to their faces."

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2021 5:51 AM

r221 we're commenting that Justine looks old AF for her age, which she does. She looks like a haggard junkie. It's not normal.

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2021 5:57 AM

She called Michael J. Fox a f----t. Way to get my hopes up only to have them dashed yet again!

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2021 6:12 AM

As far as I see it Michael’s on shakey ground there

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2021 6:18 AM

Yes r225, he seems a little off kilter.

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2021 6:31 AM

She looks like she might not be well. I really despise the trolling about her appearance. And yeah, I do credit her for not having herself butchered to fit in. It probably would make her look worse, and then she would have thought the surgery was the cause and could have medical complications from it.

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2021 6:46 AM

Reasons I love the DL number 83:

[Quote]She just radiates neglect. In the animal kingdom, when they have tatty fur or feathers, that shows they are old or weak, and it invites attack.

by Anonymousreply 228April 11, 2021 6:46 AM

Come on, Justine. Wash, cut and comb your hair for god's sakes. Even a cat grooms itself clean, birds preen and ruffle their feathers, even elephants jump in the watering hole then dust themselves off. And no one does it because they are slaves to some kind of unattainable beauty. They do it to maintain basic animal decency and look presentable.

by Anonymousreply 229April 11, 2021 6:51 AM

I actually think she looks fine. Like a lot of the women I see out and about. In my opinion, she looks way better than Kris Jenner, with her busted nose and her general air of desperation to be seen as "the cool mom." Granted, I live in country Australia, so Justine's looks are the norm here. It would be Kris who got snickered at on the street in my neck of the woods.

P.s. I've had a hard on for Jason since Valerie.

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2021 6:52 AM

R230 It's really crazy. Women really cannot win unless they have moderate cosmetic surgery that settles well and they began with "good genes" for aging--Michelle Pfeiffer--then everyone will universally applaud them for being "age defying."

Women who get obvious surgeries are eviscerated for "doing that to herself." Women who don't get surgeries are dragged for looking old. Women whose faces age better because they have 15 extra pounds are called fat, and women who starve themselves so they won't be called fat are mocked for being sickly looking.

If I were someone like Justine Bateman and I read the comments everywhere about myself, I'd plunge headfirst into a deep depression even knowing that people are just cruel for the sake of making other people hurt. This shit makes all of us feel bad about ourselves for not being perfect. Gay men really are a lot like high school girls, incessantly trying to identify the weakest member of the pack to harass to death so they can move up in the order. It's so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2021 7:01 AM

R231 This is a site for gay men. If you don’t like it, leave. Nobody cares what you think.

by Anonymousreply 232April 11, 2021 7:06 AM

R231 If what R39 said is true, I don’t feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2021 7:09 AM

R232 I am a gay man and I likewise don't care what you think. :)

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2021 7:09 AM

R234 Yet you took the time to respond.☺️

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2021 7:12 AM

She looks very old and haggard for 55, like there's something medically wrong with her. That's what we're commenting on. She doesn't look well. And that long hippie hair is atrocious on a woman her age.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2021 7:15 AM

What I didn’t like (putting her looks aside for a minute) was her putting down women who get plastic surgery (and fillers) and her virtual signaling that she’s a “better person” because she hasn’t. No, she isn’t, and women of any age have the right to do or not do whatever they want. If fixing something makes them feel better, and they have the money they should absolutely do it.

It’s because of people like her that celebrities especially still lie through their teeth and deny most if not all of their procedures, and try to convince the public that their beauty is “God given,” just making people feel even worse about themselves because they weren’t “born that way.”

What she doesn’t get is that a more open dialogue about surgery, fillers, etc would result in higher self esteem for all women. And plastic surgery shaming is NOT how you do that.

She’s always been a bitch, anyway, that’s why her career went nowhere after FT.

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2021 7:33 AM

There is a medium place between looking like shit and having plastic surgery. No one is suggesting that Justine have plastic surgery. But she looks like she intentionally makes herself look horrible, and then complains if anyone suggests maybe that she cut her hair and put on some moisturizer. She's the one putting herself out there talking about looks, but then when someone suggests perhaps she could spruce things up a little, she complains about the pressure to under the scalpel. She's missing the point entirely.

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2021 7:37 AM

She's always had a dykey vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2021 7:40 AM

Congratulations, Justine. You want the world to know you dgaf and, boy, does it show.

But she obviously cares enough to draw on that harsh black eyeliner. Some minimal, well-applied makeup would do wonders - no surgery required.

And get a fucking haircut! There's nothing wrong with being well-groomed.

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2021 7:42 AM

r83 Yes, the hi-def stuff is scary. I would hate to see my face under that much scrutiny. It would be frightening.

I totally get how actors become insecure - even when young - about their looks.

Maybe that's why I'm noticing more work on men. I realize they've been getting surgery and whatnot for ages, but the tweaking, e.g., Cruise, Affleck, is really noticeable these days. Is hi-def to blame?

by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2021 8:06 AM

Justine didn't take 1:25:40 out of her day to tell us all about her upcoming book

when the rest of the cast did a reunion show 5 months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2021 8:25 AM

R242. Justine should have participated in the Family Ties reunion. It was fun. And the clips they showed with Justine/Mallory were funny.

by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2021 9:27 AM

If these 250ish replies are an average of what people think of Justine's looks, this is a sad indicator for us humans. We are a devolving species and a shallow bunch. With a few exceptions, the comments on this thread feel very middle-school and shallow and angry. You all sound motivated by fear. It's like, if somebody is a human who does not match a very narrow and specific look, he or she has no value and should either instantly conform or remain hidden from view.

I'm guilty too; I enjoy looking at beautiful faces. But the sheer venom expressed here for non-polished and non-painted faces or hair is sad and depressing. Lighten up. Can't we choose to be a bit more accepting of each others' existence? Can we find beauty and value anyway?

Justine had a conventionally beautiful face and figure at one time. Now, she probably is just ready to exist, plain and unadorned, unimproved. This should be ok, but for a lot of you she is unacceptable, she's better off not being seen unless she "fixes herself". So what. Let people be instead of always viciously judging how they look. There are more important things in life to judge. In the big picture, our lives are so short.

Just some thoughts. Carry on silly DL.

by Anonymousreply 244April 11, 2021 9:32 AM

We're visual creatures, r244, so we notice these things. No one here expects her to look young and beautiful.

She doesn't have to please anyone, but there's no harm in suggesting she makes the most of what she has.

by Anonymousreply 245April 11, 2021 9:41 AM

Where have you been R244?

Justine has chosen to be a part of the "religious right" (which she has lent her name & likeness to). It's a movement that isn't accepting at all of "each other's existence". If you're a part of the LGBT movement then you should already know that.

Bigotry is the ultimate ugly & if Justine hasn't distanced herself from Pat Robertson & all of his ilk by now then ugly she shall remain.

OUR LIVES ARE SO SHORT? The religious right has helped cut people's lives short with their reactions to AIDS & also to LGBT source materials being used for suicide hotlines. Justine has been connected to those actions. Where is your outrage over that?

by Anonymousreply 246April 11, 2021 9:46 AM

Oh that’s not funny, she looks bad. How could she work that over into something presentable?

by Anonymousreply 247April 11, 2021 9:49 AM

Yes, some (or many) of the comments are harsh. But Justine made it about looks. She wrote the book. She's talking about the book. That's why she's even the subject of this thread. We can also take a moment to distinguish between looks and grooming. Okay, so her looks have faded and we would prefer she look a bit better. Perhaps we could be kinder. But her grooming is rather a mess, and that's something she could address. There's nothing wrong with being a bit neater than how she presents herself. It's a bit jarring to see her now. Some people haven't seen her since Family Ties. And again, she's the one putting herself out there by talking about looks. She has to expect some comments that aren't going to be so nice. But yes, perhaps we could have been nicer in our responses.

by Anonymousreply 248April 11, 2021 9:51 AM

^ Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2021 10:05 AM

Meh... If she needs to get on front of a camera, they can just spackle her with whatever they use on Ellen or Holland Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 250April 11, 2021 10:13 AM

She’s so full of shit and completely contradicts herself. So she bitches about how women aren’t allowed to age naturally and are constantly criticized for their looks, but who runs the industry? Men! Yet in this LA Times interview, she talks about how she doesn’t give a shit about sexism and how she loves when she works with mostly guys. She talks out of both sides of her mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 11, 2021 10:24 AM

R251 Well, Justine is wearing makeup in these photos. Too bad she chose Trump's orange foundation "Bronx Colors."

You can even see it on the palms of her hand along with a big white spot where it must have rubbed off.

Her film sounds interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2021 10:36 AM

55 in dog years. Isn’t she a freaky natural bushed anti -vaxxer? Her brother is hysterical, loved, and fuckable. She’s the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]you prove her point that in the U.S., we have this toxic and unhealthy preoccupation with youthful looks that drives people, particularly women, to do fucked up shit to their faces.

Nobody is saying that she needs to look youthful. But she’s frightening as is.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2021 12:48 PM

Why is she smug?

by Anonymousreply 255April 11, 2021 1:11 PM

She has pretty hair. It is probably her best feature. The problem is it does not work with her face shape and age. She could get a new hair style (color and cut) and were makeup, but my guess is she like to be natural.

by Anonymousreply 256April 11, 2021 1:28 PM

this is how she looks young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257April 11, 2021 1:33 PM

she just need to cut her hair, new style for her face shape and age. She needs different makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 11, 2021 1:37 PM

Everyone looks like shit now. No one is doing makeovers right now.

by Anonymousreply 259April 11, 2021 1:39 PM

[quote]r15 She was a very beautiful young woman when she was on Family Ties.

I don’t know... she looked a little wonky to me, even then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 11, 2021 1:50 PM

R8 wins this thread. Pure DL cunty gold!

She needs to put on some weight and hydrate, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 261April 11, 2021 1:58 PM

I wonder if always being in the shadow of Michael J. Fox just transferred to Jason and she carried that competition, frustration, anxiety over and just couldn’t have an adult relationship with him?

by Anonymousreply 262April 11, 2021 2:18 PM

Or maybe men just age better than women.

by Anonymousreply 263April 11, 2021 2:20 PM

Wikipedia:

[quote] Justine Tanya Bateman (born February 19, 1966) is an American writer, director, and producer.

She wrote that herself, I’ll bet.

by Anonymousreply 264April 11, 2021 2:30 PM

Time Magazine obviously didn’t want to scare people with her image, so they used an old timey illustration of- someone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 11, 2021 2:44 PM

She resents gay men because she is one trapped in a woman's body.

by Anonymousreply 266April 11, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] [R8] wins this thread. Pure DL cunty gold!

I thought so the first time I read that reply on another forum.

by Anonymousreply 267April 11, 2021 3:03 PM

As a woman of a certain age (50), I usually enjoy seeing and am very generous when it comes to how people age/sit with their age. But she doesn't look well, not healthy.

The 80s Megadeth groupie eyeliiner is inexplicable, though, unless the point was to drag her face down on purpose. (And shame on all of you who thought she was barefaced. You know people with thick black inner eye rims?)

by Anonymousreply 268April 11, 2021 3:37 PM

This isn’t going to turn out how she wanted. She’s going to scare quite a few women into going under the knife. Nobody wants to look like leatherface Justine.

by Anonymousreply 269April 11, 2021 4:45 PM

It is amazing how people justify their comments.

by Anonymousreply 270April 11, 2021 4:48 PM

Oh you're so enlightened and above-it-all r270! Just like Justine! There are some great comments here. She looks like absolute hell. A person who pays no attention to grooming or trying to look presentable.

by Anonymousreply 271April 11, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]55 in dog years. Isn’t she a freaky natural bushed anti -vaxxer?

Don’t know about her bush (thankfully), but she’s made several comments that give me the impression she’s a Republican cunt (seems to dismiss the MeToo movement, said she doesn’t care about sexism, thinks Covid preventative measures are too strict, etc). I don’t get good vibes from her.

by Anonymousreply 272April 11, 2021 4:59 PM

Go fuck yourself R271. You are just trying to justify your comments. Noticed how quick you were to react to my comment. People justify their comments or beliefs all the time to the detriment of others.

by Anonymousreply 273April 11, 2021 4:59 PM

She looks like she’s been alive for a million years, and I bet she won’t care how she’ll look for a million more... shalalala.

by Anonymousreply 274April 11, 2021 5:04 PM

As a former actress now on a publicity tour, she’s well aware what would “improve” her looks. She’s chosen instead to look as harsh as possible: because she’s still trapped in the superficial, looks are everything world of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 275April 11, 2021 5:13 PM

Which one is she again?

by Anonymousreply 276April 11, 2021 5:28 PM

The people who are bitching here about looksist comments about Justine's appearance astound me at their hypocrisy. What the fuck are you doing on a site that advertises itself as a gay gossip website if you are offended by looksism? Do you understand what "gay gossip" is like and has always been like?

Of course you do. That's why you came here in the first place. You just also enjoy moralizing and posturing.

Hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 277April 11, 2021 6:21 PM

^^^Another one that justifies their comments. I don't have any gay friends like the people here, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 278April 11, 2021 6:28 PM

She is older than the rocks among which she sits. Like the vampire, she has been dead many times, and learned the secrets of the grave; and has been a diver in deep seas, and keeps their fallen day about her.

by Anonymousreply 279April 11, 2021 6:41 PM

How has she supported herself all these years?

by Anonymousreply 280April 11, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote] Justine had a conventionally beautiful face and figure at one time. Now, she probably is just ready to exist, plain and unadorned, unimproved. This should be ok, but for a lot of you she is unacceptable, she's better off not being seen unless she "fixes herself".

If she would acknowledge that she benefited, while young, from being conventionally good-looking, thin, etc., I would appreciate what she has to say. She seems resentful about how looks-oriented acting is, yet she profited from having a certain look. At least acknowledge the advantage that you used to have.

by Anonymousreply 281April 11, 2021 6:45 PM

Oh fuck you r278 and your righteousness. Bateman looks like an old meth whore, the reactions here are because we're shocked at how bad and unhealthy she looks, and how she does nothing to make herself look even presentable. Go live in your perfect fantasy world where people don't notice how other people look.

by Anonymousreply 282April 11, 2021 6:54 PM

I think Justine would be fabulous in the role of meth hooker Wendy if they ever do a reboot of Breaking Bad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 11, 2021 6:56 PM

Show a photo of yourself R282 and let us judge you. Once again quit trying to justify your comments. You are a bitter bitch that the only way to build yourself up is to tear people down.

by Anonymousreply 284April 11, 2021 7:27 PM

Nope r284. You're just a self-righteous scold who's projecting.

by Anonymousreply 285April 11, 2021 7:45 PM

Here is Justine about 13 years ago, when she would have been in her early forties. She still looked healthy. All of this hard aging seems to have occurred over the last decade or so. She indeed looks like she spent all of the 2010s living under an overpass in a homeless camp, shooting methamphetamine. It's sad, but, true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 11, 2021 7:51 PM

She really does look like something is medically wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 287April 11, 2021 7:52 PM

R286 all true, at least she looks normal and healthy, but in terms of pretty-ness she lost her looks ages ago. She’s one of those women who was prettiest at 16 - she was never THAT pretty, actually, it’s just that she was a teenager who had absolutely no awkward stage, just went right straight into being a pretty adult (like Brooke Shields, but never that level of beautiful), so that ends up being very striking to people. But she lost her looks fairly quickly, and the age when most women look their best (say 25-30), she already wasn’t.

And again, the plastic surgery shaming is just not cool and certainly isn’t what “women who support other women” say.

by Anonymousreply 288April 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Where is the poster that said in another thread that they knew someone who was at the same party as Justine and she took the worst smelling shit ever and the bathroom smelled for a long time? That cracked me up!

by Anonymousreply 289April 11, 2021 8:15 PM

Here's what I'd love to do. The discoloration is melasma due to sun damage. Lasers don't always remove it. The 12 percent hydroquinone sold by Muse does. Then it's sunscreen and maintenances doses from time to time. Monthly brow grooming with microblading for the thin patches. Cut and deep condition the hair. No color if she doesn't want it but bailage (low lights) would be nice. I would use filler for the facial lines No filler for lips and cheeks. Tinted moisturizer, tinted lip gloss and a lighter hand with the eyeliner.

This is low upkeep, moderatly priced and it would free her up to talk about something other than her face.

by Anonymousreply 290April 11, 2021 8:20 PM

IMO, that eyeliner (upper and lower lids) is tattooed on. R290, hydroquinone (like lasers) doesn't work on everybody, either. But I like your overall assessment.

by Anonymousreply 291April 11, 2021 8:31 PM

R272 There's a camp of former child/teen stars who became born again Christians or hardcore Republicans. I wouldn't be surprised if Justine is buddies with Susan Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 292April 11, 2021 8:48 PM

The company isn't Muse, it's Musely, Agree about the eyeliner. being tattooed. She should have sued, It should be tiny dots to make tat he base of the lashes to make them look thicker, not a thick line. She's made bad choices with her looks and wants to blame society for looksism.

by Anonymousreply 293April 11, 2021 8:56 PM

Or Kirk and Candice Cameron, R292

by Anonymousreply 294April 11, 2021 9:27 PM

She looks like hell warmed over. An extra15 to 20 pounds would fill out wrinkles on her leathery face. She should get rid of that bitch comb, and get a shorter, bouncier hairstyle. She’s very mannish and harsh in appearance. A make-up artist could work wonders to soften that nicotine induced, hag ridden face. Also, she should rethink those ridiculous bohemian clothes and wear softer, classic styles.

by Anonymousreply 295April 11, 2021 9:53 PM

HEY YOU GUYS...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 11, 2021 10:01 PM

R296 Shannon Doherty looks great!

by Anonymousreply 297April 11, 2021 10:04 PM

Justine’s signature song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 11, 2021 10:11 PM

R297 LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 299April 11, 2021 10:15 PM

There's a difference between aging gracefully and naturally versus looking like a full blown lot lizard.

by Anonymousreply 300April 12, 2021 1:52 AM

It’s less about her looks and more about how she fancies herself an intellectual that bugs me.

by Anonymousreply 301April 12, 2021 1:57 AM

I have a BA from UCLA r301! I'm, like, super smart!

by Anonymousreply 302April 12, 2021 2:02 AM

R303 To be fair, she has a BS.

by Anonymousreply 303April 12, 2021 2:23 AM

Whoops, I meant R302

by Anonymousreply 304April 12, 2021 2:23 AM

If GEICO ever brings back the Caveman commercials they should cast Justine as Cro Magnon Ms. Caveman.

by Anonymousreply 305April 12, 2021 2:45 AM

She needs to call Jane Seymour stat. A large shipment of crêpe erase needs to get to her as soon as possible. It could probably save her.

by Anonymousreply 306April 12, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote]A large shipment of crêpe erase needs to get to her as soon as possible. It could probably save her.

Isn't there a risk she could vanish entirely?

by Anonymousreply 307April 12, 2021 4:11 AM

It’s just lack of makeup and styling. Just google any fifty year old “celeb without makeup” who hasn’t gone on botox overload and you’ll find the same.

She’s got that Patty Smith no makeup crunchy farmers market look.

by Anonymousreply 308April 12, 2021 5:09 AM

R308 my mom is a 70 something non celeb without plastic surgery of fillers and she doesn’t look anywhere near like that. And she doesn’t have any kind of super-genetics, either.

by Anonymousreply 309April 12, 2021 5:23 AM

Thankfully, having a gay son keeps you young looking.

by Anonymousreply 310April 12, 2021 5:34 AM

[quote] I think Justine would be fabulous in the role of meth hooker Wendy if they ever do a reboot of Breaking Bad!

She can be Wendy's sister, Carla.

Meanwhile, when is her brother going to do full frontal? The clock is ticking on his remaining years of hotness.

by Anonymousreply 311April 12, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote] ^^^Another one that justifies their comments. I don't have any gay friends like the people here, thankfully.

You keep attacking people, and then smugly insisting any response to your attack only validates your own sanctimony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 12, 2021 5:36 AM

Some people just age differently. Why do we all have to be like everyone else? Honestly, she reads young despite the wrinkles. The hair and expression just have that undone bohemian look.

by Anonymousreply 313April 12, 2021 5:42 AM

If she feels good, than good for her, but I think most people feel better when they make even a little effort with their appearance. There is a big gulf between Botox/surgery and a tweezers, hairbrush and some deep conditioner.

by Anonymousreply 314April 12, 2021 5:52 AM

Some of it is definitely the lighting. I bet she looks better in person.

by Anonymousreply 315April 12, 2021 5:56 AM

She doesn’t have to do a damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 316April 12, 2021 5:59 AM

Maybe she has Ehler Danos disease

by Anonymousreply 317April 12, 2021 6:21 AM

She looks beautiful, not gaunt, and a lot like her Family Ties era in the picture at R286. R288, I don’t agree with you at all that she had lost her looks by then. She totally looks like herself there: beautiful, and happy.

What’s happened in the last decade to her, I don’t know. Like she started using hard drugs, or really ramped up the cigarette smoking, or returned to an eating disorder. If she were really a health nut, we could blame it on exercise—losing a lot of weight because of diet and exercise can really make a person look unhealthy at a certain age, paradoxically. But we know she’s a heavy smoker, so it can’t be a health kick.

by Anonymousreply 318April 12, 2021 6:47 AM

That should have said, “She totally looks like herself there: beautiful and healthy.”

by Anonymousreply 319April 12, 2021 6:48 AM

I don't know her

by Anonymousreply 320April 12, 2021 6:58 AM

Why is there a photo of a cigar store Indian accompanying this interview?

by Anonymousreply 321April 12, 2021 6:59 AM

You all have ignored her eating disorder that I’m sure didn’t go away even though she acknowledged it.

by Anonymousreply 322April 12, 2021 7:03 AM

This is a a fucking record on repeat. Hot, attractive young actress gets breaks because she's young and hot, lives it up, gets paid a fortune for not much, then moans about how superficial/ageist/sexist/misogynistic Hollywood is when she is no longer young and hot.

Meanwhile in the real world, people who were never hot, never made a fortune and worked hard find themselves at the back of the employment queue after they hit 45.

by Anonymousreply 323April 12, 2021 11:33 AM

I think the video at R242 took place just after the 2020 election, maybe Justine was having her Trump withdraws then.

by Anonymousreply 324April 12, 2021 1:53 PM

I smell TERF on this beeyotch. Someone check her social media for something we can blackmail her with.

by Anonymousreply 325April 12, 2021 4:22 PM

Nothing men hate more than a woman who doesn't give a fuck, who doesn't spend hour looking "prentable", "pretty" or "feminine" or doesn't give a shit if men want to fuck her or not. Men, straight or gay, are simply appalled that women "won't make an effort" to accommodate them.

by Anonymousreply 326April 12, 2021 4:41 PM

Look at the people that her brother hangs around with all the time. Jennifer Aniston, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen and Portia. I don’t blame her.

by Anonymousreply 327April 12, 2021 4:50 PM

This Hag looks in her mid 70s

by Anonymousreply 328April 12, 2021 4:54 PM

I turned to JEEEEEEEEEEEE-sus first. She's almost as big a poser as Saint Ricky, he of Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 329April 12, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]Men, straight or gay, are simply appalled that women "won't make an effort" to accommodate them.

That's been a constant DL topic for probably 20 years, if not longer. There's always a thread about how women don't dress properly like they used to ("used to" being 1962) and how middle aged women need to stop having "hag hair," sometimes even threads about how women should be forced to wear dresses again, and always -- A L W A Y S -- there are multiple comments from gays about how their sainted mothers look so beautiful, even at age 197, not like whoever-it-is they're slamming at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 330April 12, 2021 5:14 PM

It's about looking presentable. A slovenly, unkempt appearance is a sign of poor character.

by Anonymousreply 331April 12, 2021 6:43 PM

She looks like a hippie with unwashed feet!

by Anonymousreply 332April 12, 2021 6:48 PM

R332 like a hippie with unwashed feet, gnarly toenails, underarm hair and ungroomed bush.

by Anonymousreply 333April 12, 2021 6:53 PM

If her bush is anything like mine, she'll need to groom it or she'll be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 334April 12, 2021 6:54 PM

I sense a reality show in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 335April 12, 2021 6:55 PM

Was “my neighbor is a gargoyle” actually Justine all along?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 12, 2021 7:00 PM

R323, her case is a little different. A lot of women who are known mainly for their "hot"ness are desperate to hold on to their looks. Instead, she's cultivated her other assets. She completed a bachelors degree within the past five years, and she's moved into writing and directing very recently.

And note: she's not complaining because she doesn't get acting jobs anymore. She's complaining because strangers on the Internet trashed her looks.

by Anonymousreply 337April 12, 2021 8:34 PM

I think Rebel Wilson has a very pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 338April 12, 2021 8:46 PM

(R338)Compared to who? Gargoyle?

by Anonymousreply 339April 12, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] That's been a constant DL topic for probably 20 years, if not longer. There's always a thread about how women don't dress properly like they used to ("used to" being 1962) and how middle aged women need to stop having "hag hair," sometimes even threads about how women should be forced to wear dresses again, and always -- A L W A Y S -- there are multiple comments from gays about how their sainted mothers look so beautiful, even at age 197, not like whoever-it-is they're slamming at the moment.

I've been a frequent reader and poster for 20 years and I have never seen any of this.

by Anonymousreply 340April 12, 2021 9:03 PM

She reminds me of that Judy "Send In The Clowns" lady.

She's also looks like she's injected herself with Orange 🤡 Clown Brand clorox.

by Anonymousreply 341April 12, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]She reminds me of that Judy "Send In The Clowns" lady.

Judy Tenuta?

by Anonymousreply 342April 12, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]sometimes even threads about how women should be forced to wear dresses again

Well, there are ESTs about an ungrateful niece's daughter who refuses to wear the lovely Easter bonnet her great-uncle so thoughtfully purchased for her, and, if I recall correctly, the Shit Brickhouse troll's father forced him to wear a dress on Main Street, but I always assumed they were joking...

by Anonymousreply 343April 12, 2021 10:15 PM

There’s been a lot r340, and I’ve been here 17 years.

Mostly women of a certain should cut their hair, not wear shorts, not wear capris, not show their legs if they’re less than stellar...

by Anonymousreply 344April 12, 2021 10:26 PM

Maybe she has Beth Ehlers- Linda Dano's Disease like R317 diagnosed above?

by Anonymousreply 345April 12, 2021 10:43 PM

Judy Collins, r342.

Give her a couple more years. And she'll be Joni Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 346April 12, 2021 11:22 PM

She looks better live and in motion.

Paulina says she's on the same pro-aging bandwagon but you can tell she's had some subtle work done. She looks AMAZING while still looking like a beautiful woman in her 50's.

As an aside, dim bulb Tamara, the interviewer, is completely tone deaf here, bragging about how young she looks @ 50 and having good genes (code for "black don't crack" ).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 12, 2021 11:27 PM

Dear OP,

Why is Iggy Pop promoting Justine Bateman's new book?

by Anonymousreply 348April 13, 2021 12:32 AM

I think it’s the weird old man eyebrows and heavy black eyeliner that throws her face off. She has a pretty smile.

by Anonymousreply 349April 13, 2021 3:15 AM

I think the eyebrows are the worst thing.

I also hate seeing men with really overgrown (long) eyebrows, especially if it's interfering with eyesight. It's so easy to just trim that. When I see those long eyebrows, it makes me wonder if they have anyone in their life that cares about them. (Or are they just too stubborn to trim them.)

by Anonymousreply 350April 13, 2021 3:20 AM

What a doll face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 13, 2021 3:21 AM

Jason is looking pretty harsh. And the wig does not help.

by Anonymousreply 352April 13, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote]How has she supported herself all these years?

With grave goods from the tomb she was buried in, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 353April 13, 2021 6:43 AM

She could rally get full time work as an extra on all those zombie shows, what they’d save on makeup alone would be worth it to hire her.

by Anonymousreply 354April 13, 2021 6:47 AM

^^^ really!

by Anonymousreply 355April 13, 2021 6:48 AM

LOL R354.

by Anonymousreply 356April 13, 2021 6:49 AM

I do wonder if we’ve just gotten too used to seeing people looking like blowup dolls. People who haven’t had plastic surgery now look weird.

by Anonymousreply 357April 13, 2021 6:50 AM

I live in the American South and see elderly people who haven't had plastic surgery all the time. They don't make me involuntarily flinch like Mrs. Cryptkeeper there.

by Anonymousreply 358April 13, 2021 6:54 AM

Justine was a comedienne, more than T&A, anyway, asshole up thread

by Anonymousreply 359April 13, 2021 7:13 AM

R352 do you think Jason wears a full wig or hairpiece at the front? I think he looks good considering his years of smoking, drinking, drugging and tanning. Can’t figure out the hair though.

by Anonymousreply 360April 13, 2021 7:49 AM

I honestly never understood the hype about Jason. Not sexy to me at all.

by Anonymousreply 361April 13, 2021 10:52 AM

Jason grew his hair out during lockdown, or so he claimed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 13, 2021 11:26 AM

Jason: frantically weaving multiple hair pieces together during lockdown so he can complain about not having haircuts during zoom calls and The Hogan Family internet reunion show.

by Anonymousreply 363April 13, 2021 11:30 AM

Of course there have been a lot, R344, it's a defining trait of Datalounge. R340 is either suffering from some kind of cognitive decline, or lying in hopes of starting something.

Considering the trans threads they start, I'm supposing it's the latter.

If anyone is truly curious, here's one thread. It's the first one I found when I did a search; if you want more, find 'em yourself.

For the few DLers who know what an internet is, you can always search for keywords like "hag hair" or "yoga pants" or "1950s" or "stewardess" on site:datalounge . com and find thousands of these threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 13, 2021 11:40 AM

She reminds me of poor Terrie from the “tips from a former smoker” ads...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 13, 2021 12:49 PM

It’s also the hairstyle. The part in the middle, long straight hair (also favored by Gwyneth Paltrow) looks terrible on anyone who isn’t young and very beautiful. Even at their “peak,” neither Paltrow nor Bateman could pull that style off, and now they both look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 366April 13, 2021 1:14 PM

We had a male poster here who claimed he had a one-night stand with Jason Bateman in a hotel room in LA in the early 90s. Jason was versatile.

by Anonymousreply 367April 13, 2021 2:41 PM

r367 I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 368April 13, 2021 2:58 PM

R367 please tell us more!

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 369April 13, 2021 3:09 PM

It was years ago, but this poster said he met Bateman one night out in LA and brought him back to his hotel room. The flip-fucked all night and he said Bateman was a great lay. The next morning they parted ways. This was in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 370April 13, 2021 3:34 PM

You bitches are mean. Just mean. She looks fine for Bob Newhart’s age.

by Anonymousreply 371April 13, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote]We had a male poster here who claimed he had a one-night stand with Jason Bateman in a hotel room in LA in the early 90s. Jason was versatile.

Was this the same DL-er who usually claims to have had sex with various male celebrities "off the coast of the Atlantic"?

by Anonymousreply 372April 13, 2021 4:13 PM

No r372 it was years ago. And it sounded legit.

by Anonymousreply 373April 13, 2021 4:14 PM

Reading her Wikipedia bio, it doesn't like she is a moron. Received her college degree in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 374April 13, 2021 7:00 PM

R374 yes, getting your college degree 30 years late is always a sure sign of intelligence!

by Anonymousreply 375April 13, 2021 7:30 PM

Justine has directed and wrote a movie starring Olivia Munn and Justin Theroux.

by Anonymousreply 376April 13, 2021 7:37 PM

R375, Than not getting it at all? It isn't in Gender Studies, which is probably what yours was in.

by Anonymousreply 377April 13, 2021 8:02 PM

Yeah, I think it's good that she went back to school and got her bachelor's degree. I give her credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 378April 13, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]We had a male poster here who claimed he had a one-night stand with Jason Bateman in a hotel room in LA in the early 90s. Jason was versatile.

This claim is pointless without audio/video evidence. Lots of it.

by Anonymousreply 379April 13, 2021 10:59 PM

I would so enjoy audio/video evidence of JB hooking up. I’d even pay for it 😛

by Anonymousreply 380April 14, 2021 12:50 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381April 14, 2021 7:28 AM

r381 WOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 382April 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Between the shape of her head and the way she wears her hair tucked behind her ear she kind of reminds me of Gollum from 'Lord of the Rings."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 14, 2021 4:45 PM

I'll give her 20 to put a bag on her head.

by Anonymousreply 384April 14, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] Jason grew his hair out during lockdown, or so he claimed.

Wouldn't that be something if he grew his hair as long as his sister's and came out as transgender?

by Anonymousreply 385April 14, 2021 4:48 PM

I want to see Jason's cock.

by Anonymousreply 386April 14, 2021 5:11 PM

R381 Nice to see a landing strip there, rather than a big ole gross ‘70s bush.

by Anonymousreply 387April 15, 2021 7:06 AM

r386 I want to pull it.

by Anonymousreply 388April 15, 2021 9:16 AM

R381 It's awesome to see what a real woman in her 50s looks like, especially since we know Vogue would never alter a model's photos to sell a magazine.

by Anonymousreply 389April 15, 2021 9:45 AM

R386 and R387 better get in line.

by Anonymousreply 390April 15, 2021 9:46 AM

R42 the one female character of the same species as Yoda in STAR WARS is named Yaddle....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 17, 2021 11:26 PM

I would really think to know why her Jason are not close. It’s pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 392April 18, 2021 1:02 AM

Since she hired a photographer for the cover of this book, she should hire somebody to paint a portrait for the cover of her next book, then it would be the [italic]Family Ties[/italic] credits in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 393April 18, 2021 3:52 AM

She looks more of an old dyke than Meredith!

by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2021 3:58 AM

Did she really tell Howard Stern to go fuck himself?

by Anonymousreply 395April 18, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]I would really think to know why her Jason are not close. It’s pretty sad.

I imagine because she’s a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 396April 18, 2021 7:31 AM

I’m sadder she and Michael J. Aren’t friends, that TV sibling relationship was more real to me than any actual one.

by Anonymousreply 397April 18, 2021 7:35 AM

Has Tina Yothers commented?

by Anonymousreply 398April 18, 2021 7:46 AM

[quote]I imagine because she’s a bitch.

That can’t be the case when some of his own professional associations are morally fishy themselves.

by Anonymousreply 399April 18, 2021 2:41 PM

R93, '...she just needs some filler...'

In a 55 gallon drum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 18, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote] I would really think to know why her Jason are not close. It’s pretty sad.

Some said because she’s a bitch, well Jason can be pretty bitchy too. Adult sibling relationships are tricky, especially when you’ve been through as much as these two have in their Young Hollywood days.

by Anonymousreply 401April 18, 2021 8:04 PM

Does she have a relationship with her parents?

by Anonymousreply 402April 19, 2021 2:20 AM

Now, Kristy and Jimmy have a real good relationship, those two have each other’s backs!

by Anonymousreply 403April 19, 2021 3:20 AM

plastic surgery is odd. Jane Fonda looks amazing. Meg Ryan was such a disaster. (sad since she was such an enjoyable screen presence when she was young.)

by Anonymousreply 404April 19, 2021 3:57 AM

Personally, I found Jane Fonda's plastic surgery in The Book Club terribly distracting. Same with Mary Steenburgen. With Jane, her face looked like a mask.

by Anonymousreply 405April 19, 2021 5:46 AM

Jane Fonda has always been the gold standard of successful plastic surgery to me.

by Anonymousreply 406April 20, 2021 3:48 AM

Lynda Carter, too. She's had excellent work done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 20, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote] Some said because she’s a bitch, well Jason can be pretty bitchy too.

Examples?

by Anonymousreply 408April 20, 2021 4:05 AM

R406, never too late to get your prescription checked.

She looks unrecognizable. And even with good lighting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 20, 2021 5:58 AM

[quote]Jane Fonda reveals why she’s done with plastic surgery at 82

Um, you're pretty much done with EVERYTHING at 82.

by Anonymousreply 410April 20, 2021 6:00 AM

Tell that to America's Favorite Lesbian, Betty White!

by Anonymousreply 411April 20, 2021 6:05 AM

Here's Fonda in 2019, without the snapchat soft-focus and good lighting. About halfway down the page...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 20, 2021 6:07 AM

A lot of women who get plastic surgery start to look like the Joker when they reach 70. It's not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 413April 22, 2021 3:55 PM

According to a plastic surgeon acquaintance of mine the key to good plastic surgery to look younger is to start early, like 20s and 30s and keep up with maintenance.

If Justine was to get work done now the results wouldn’t be good and she wouldn’t look like herself. Obviously she doesn’t care about her appearance or thinks she looks fine. But a flattering, stylish haircut, and doing something about those eyebrows and ditching the black eyeliner would do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 414April 22, 2021 6:59 PM

Justine Bateman is artistically beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 415April 22, 2021 7:06 PM

She looks like a Gender Studies professor at a liberal arts college in the Northeast.

by Anonymousreply 416April 22, 2021 8:02 PM

Like a Francis bacon painting, R415?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 24, 2021 7:38 AM

She needs to be pulled back.

by Anonymousreply 418April 24, 2021 8:28 AM

I saw her on a mid-morning Australian talk show this morning (which is basically a 3 hour infomercial with interviews in between, that about 100 000 may watch on a good day).

She came across as intelligent and thoughtful, even though she didn't really say anything.

When asked a simple question about Family Ties, she refused to respond and talked about how she only looks to the future. And repeat. She wouldn't have been on the show (plugging her book) if not for FT.

by Anonymousreply 419April 24, 2021 9:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 24, 2021 9:15 AM

Justine sounds bitter.

by Anonymousreply 421April 24, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] She came across as intelligent and thoughtful, even though she didn't really say anything.

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 422April 24, 2021 5:19 PM

Sheeeeeee back with an 8 1/2 hour video at Time since there was such an outpouring of interest. She begins by not wanting her nose that has “smelt” things since being in utero to be changed in an opening speech seemingly cribbed from Shylock to how her face commands authority now that she’s a writer/director!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 25, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]When asked a simple question about Family Ties, she refused to respond and talked about how she only looks to the future. And repeat. She wouldn't have been on the show (plugging her book) if not for FT.

Wow, what a bitch. So ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 424April 25, 2021 9:18 PM

Justine looks like Gollum.

by Anonymousreply 425April 25, 2021 9:22 PM

She looks like she has an ample bush and doesn't shave her armpits.

by Anonymousreply 426April 25, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote]She begins by not wanting her nose that has “smelt” things since being in utero to be changed in an opening speech

Her nose isn't the problem.

by Anonymousreply 427April 25, 2021 9:28 PM

This is a case where Mallory would have used her smarts and got a decent stylist and some good moisturizers.

Even Nick would say, "Eh! Justine, get some cream!"

by Anonymousreply 428April 25, 2021 9:36 PM

She must envy her brother his career longevity and success as a director and Jason doesn’t disown the work that made him famous he actively allows people to take the piss out of him for some of it. She wouldn’t have any kind of platform now if she hadn’t done Family Ties.

by Anonymousreply 429April 25, 2021 9:42 PM

R420 Damn! It won’t let me watch the video because it says it’s not available in my country.😭

by Anonymousreply 430April 25, 2021 10:25 PM

She’s still a skinny bitch. It’s not like she’s fat. People really despise fat people.

by Anonymousreply 431April 25, 2021 10:33 PM

Sorry that was an 8 1/2 minute video, nobody would put up with one that many hours long, it’s hard enough doing it in minutes!

by Anonymousreply 432April 25, 2021 10:44 PM

R422 Well, she sounded quite intelligent, but didn't really add much to the conversation. Like a well-oiled politician.

by Anonymousreply 433April 26, 2021 8:40 AM

Anti plastic surgery crypt mistress Jacqueline gets the chance to talk about her film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 10, 2021 8:59 PM

Smart lady. She looks fine for her age.

by Anonymousreply 435September 10, 2021 9:08 PM

Paulina Poritskova looks similarly rough for her age, although her body is perfect. The way they look doesn't seem to be the result of refusing plastic surgery. I know women around the same age who look much less haggard. It seems to be a total lack of skincare for the whole of their lives coupled with still being very thin.

by Anonymousreply 436September 10, 2021 9:12 PM

Yes, her skin would suck up a jar of Regenerist. She already knows what we would like to see her do. About three years ago, some unflattering pictures of her made the internet go crazy with "What happened to Justine?" questions, so she's riding the ugly wave and that's what led to this book.

From the book:

[quote]I was elated when creases emerged across the tops of my cheeks when I smiled, when I saw the promising beginnings of small bags under my eyes, when the skin loosened on my neck. One summer I even noticed a real bonus of cleavage creases on my upper chest from the sun. I was finally beginning to look like the kind of woman I thought were the most interesting and the most attractive. You can imagine how surprised I was to learn that many people disagreed.

Why would she be surprised that people don't embrace the physical signs of aging? Nobody but a plastic surgeon has ever seen promise in the beginnings of under-eye bags or loose neck skin. Is there a condition where one fetishizes their own aging? Autoelderphilia? Is she doing things intentionally to accelerate the process? Maybe she's a trans-octogenarian and we are witnessing her transition.

There a sadness about her appearance that makes you want to stare at her and try to figure out what's going on. Everyone here (except those who are taking this as an assault on women) can see that there's more to the story, like a health issue, substance issue or an eating disorder. This is not representative of any 55 year-old woman without makeup. This is not middle-of-the-bell-curve aging.

She was probably exposed to some ugly stuff as a child actor, so she gets a weirdo pass and possibly a "my heart goes out to her" pass, too.

by Anonymousreply 437September 11, 2021 4:40 AM

Does she touch on her feelings about Miss Julia Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 438September 11, 2021 4:42 AM

What the fuck happened to her? She looks 110 years old!

by Anonymousreply 439September 11, 2021 4:43 AM

Justine still doesn't understand how she made a feature film and some chick that played the guitar in her movie suddenly became the biggest movie star in the world.

by Anonymousreply 440September 11, 2021 4:47 AM

[quote]Smart lady. She looks fine for her age.

Maybe if she was secretly in her 70s when Family Ties was airing...

by Anonymousreply 441September 12, 2021 3:14 AM

Didn't someone else become the biggest movie star int he world?

by Anonymousreply 442September 12, 2021 5:38 AM

What the actual fuck happened to her? I feel like someone shoved her into the wash 'n wear cycle of their nearest avocado tinted Maytag. My god.

by Anonymousreply 443September 12, 2021 5:40 AM

I refuse to believe she couldn't look better with a different hairstyle, makeup, and a dye-job. She doesn't need to have plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 444September 12, 2021 5:42 AM

Isn't she deathly jealous of DL fave Julia Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 445September 12, 2021 5:43 AM

She’s a holy roller? I was surprised with that and that she actually married and birthed crotch droppings. She seems too neurotic and anorexic for it. I’m not surprised that she’s a bitch with a chip on her shoulder and doesn’t like her brother.

by Anonymousreply 446September 12, 2021 7:33 AM

A lady in her 50s shouldn’t look like that somethings wrong.

by Anonymousreply 447September 12, 2021 7:40 AM

[quote]Plastic surgery is a no win Ponzi scheme.

How about washing your hair?

by Anonymousreply 448September 12, 2021 5:34 PM

All she needs to do is ditch the dirty hillbilly flower child hair and shape her eyebrows. Otherwise, she's got a cool kind of Colleen Dewhurst weathered and real kind of look. Which she is managing to make work against her.

by Anonymousreply 449September 12, 2021 5:50 PM

I think it's the unflattering grooming that people are criticizing mostly. Her brother doesn't look good to me, he has the same goofy head and teeth/smile she does. Neither were gorgeous imo just generally attractive and on television. His hair looks ridiculous but at least he looks clean.

Posters constant comparisons to their mothers gets old. Post a pic and I'll be the judge of whether your unnatural interest in your mother's appearance is justified or not. Until then it's like all the straight men on the Internet who claim they are smart and look pretty good for their age. NO MAN ever admits they are ugly or dumb.

What a man thinks of himself vs what he is:

"Pretty smart"= average IQ at best "Not bad looking"=face like a baboon's ass

by Anonymousreply 450September 12, 2021 9:20 PM

Know her. Worked with her. She’s a terrible person,

by Anonymousreply 451September 13, 2021 12:23 AM

Broken record Bateman is at it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 6, 2022 7:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!