Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charlyne Yi Says She Tried to Quit 'The Disaster Artist,' Accuses James Franco of Preying on Children

Charlyne Yi is speaking out against James Franco and Seth Rogen in a new post about how she tried to quit the movie The Disaster Artist.

The 35-year-old actress got her big break in Seth‘s 2007 movie Knocked Up and he was one of the producers on The Disaster Artist, in which she played the role Safoya.

In an Instagram post on Thursday (April 8), Charlyne accused James of being a sexual predator with a “long history of preying on children.” She also accused Seth of being one of his enablers.

“When I tried to break legal contract & quit Disaster Artist because James Franco is a sexual predator, they tried to bribe me with a bigger acting role. I cried and told them that that was the exact opposite of what I wanted, that I didn’t feel safe working with a f–king sexual predator,” Charlyne wrote in her post. “They minimized & said Franco being a predator was so last year and that he changed… when I literally heard of him abusing new women that week.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 9, 2022 12:54 PM

She continued, “Predators will perform empathy, gaslight, & say they will do better — all in order to protect themselves and continue to harm others. Enablers are just as toxic and are abusers too. Disgusted by white men choosing power over protecting children and women from predators. Educate, organize, and dismantle corruption in your circles and in the law.”

“White men saying it’s not their responsibility when holding Franco accountable, or when holding Seth Rogen and enablers accountable. Then whose responsibility is it? The women and children who have PTSD from Franco? Or the future targets of abuse? White men perform infantalism when it comes to sacrificing their white supremacy & patriarchy because they actually don’t give a f–k,” Charlyne concluded the text in the photo section of the post.

Charlyne also wrote a lot more in the caption. Keep reading below...

In the caption of her post, she wrote, “Seth Rogen was one of the producers on this film so he definitely knows about the bribe and why I quit. Seth also did a sketch on SNL with Franco enabling Franco preying on children. Right after Franco was caught.”

“Franco has a long history of preying on children. This is on top all the corrupt laws that protect predators made by violent white men,” she said. “Denying/gaslighting is a tactic that abusers and enablers use that is psychological violence, & has serious affects: the survivor loses sense of reality/intuition to protect self from targeted again, PTSD, suicidal thoughts, etc. This month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month when it should really be something men educate themselves about their whole life and learn how to be there & protect women, nonbinary, trans, etc—who are targeted.”

A few years ago, Charlyne talked publicly about a racist encounter she had with a famous actor.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Mein Fuhrer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Who was the famous actor?

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] Who was the famous actor?

David Cross according to the link at OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2021 3:28 AM

Was it really children? Jesus Christ that's sick. Or does she mean underaged teen girls ,16, 17, 18? There's a difference.

One deserves the worst you can think of and the other deserves a kick outta town. Unless it was rape. That always deserves the worst.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2021 3:32 AM

Mishmash of accusations . Word salad.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2021 3:33 AM

Another day, another scandal involving a Jason Bateman costar. It must be a day that ends in Y.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2021 3:37 AM

One is a scumbag. The other is a phony hypocrite. Glad to see both of them being called out.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2021 3:44 AM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2021 3:45 AM

She sounds loony.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2021 3:47 AM

Glad she brought it up. 👏 it’s time for these assholes to go away forever

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2021 3:48 AM

Bringing it up now is probably a good thing, because Franco is the type to try to wait the accusations out and come back after everyone's forgotten. Now everyone remembers again.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2021 3:50 AM

I think she’s giving Jameela Jamil a run for her money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2021 3:50 AM

I hope it murders Seth Rogan’s career. He’s one of those people who you wonder “how the fuck did this schmuck ever get to be a star?” James Franco however is talented and daring with charisma to burn. Probably unstable, but I’m ready to cut him a lot of slack as a genuine artist. You may not like his him or his work, but he pushes the boundaries in his work, and I love that.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote]"Ching-chong-ching-chong."

He should be canceled. He stole my line!

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2021 3:55 AM

^ LMAO! Good one.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2021 3:55 AM

Charlyne is mad because Franco wasn't into her. Not even a little bit. He rejected her advances and this is her revenge.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2021 3:57 AM

^ I was laughing at r14's claims about Franco being talented and a genuine artist. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2021 3:58 AM

Franco is already cancelled. He'll never recover. The acting school, underage girl, shenanigans with Amber Heard, dumped and forgotten by the gays for too much baiting ... he's dunzo. Rogen, however, is still a thing, protected by his likeable teddy bear persona. Now he, would be a bigger, harder catch because, unlike Franco, he makes the studios money.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2021 4:02 AM

Now I seriously wish I hadn't paid extra to see [italic]Oz the Great and Powerful[/italic] in 3D.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2021 4:03 AM

It sounds like she has some inner hatred of white men. Asians can be pedophiles too. See Japan. (they sell little girls used underwear in vending machines there.)

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Agree w/R17. Why is she coming out now? To tie in with the asian killings a month ago? Why didn't she speak up during the Me-Too montage?

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2021 4:07 AM

Wouldn't it be easier if Franco used a prie-dieu?

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2021 4:08 AM

You're boring, R17. Every time a thread like this comes up, someone always says exactly what you did. Always speculation, always just some boring, decades-old stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote] ^ I was laughing at [R14]'s claims about Franco being talented and a genuine artist. Hilarious.

Guven your comment suggests you probably only know him from Planet Of The Apes, it might help if you review his credits as a writer, director and producer on IMDB. He’s incredibly prolific. No Hollywood star of his level in HISTORY has ever dared to produce what he has done in terms of tearing up the sexual rule book. Including in his readiness to deal with homosexuality. But exactly because his personal projects ARE challenging, and troubling, and make people uncomfortable, is why they’re mostly ignored. I don’t much like it, but I most definitely respect it. And him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2021 4:13 AM

She was in a class I took at UCB. Kind of an odd person. She said she felt she was above the rest of us because she had more credits than we did. She wasn't very well liked in the class obviously after that.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2021 4:13 AM

Oz is a terrible fucking movie. Godamn stupid and boring.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2021 4:13 AM

She’s only half Asian and her boyfriend was Michael Cera. So Tobias didn’t even know his own nephew’s girlfriend and was racist to her?

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2021 4:18 AM

My God she's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2021 4:21 AM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2021 4:27 AM

Why didn't she feel safe? The girls Franco was accused of targeting all looked like females. Yi looks like a very odd peasant boy.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2021 4:37 AM

Janes is a rapist and predator. I hate to say it but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2021 4:40 AM

Janus. Looks both ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2021 4:44 AM

Of course he does. His name has "anus" in it.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2021 4:47 AM

When such an ugly woman comes out against a man there’s probably some wish fulfillment in it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2021 4:52 AM

Do something in the moment you pussies who waits years

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2021 4:53 AM

one of these accused guys needs to stand up and sue the person accusing (if false)

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2021 5:06 AM

Ally sheedy was the one that got the ball rolling on Franco but she never said what he did. Rogen and Judd apatow have both been very public about Weinstein and some of the others but silent on Franco.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2021 5:21 AM

Call me when the police get involved, until then it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2021 5:35 AM

The police? You mean the same ones who didn't give a shit about any of my abusers not named Michael Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2021 5:37 AM

But has he ever been in a good movie, r25? And please don't tell me 'The Disaster Artist. The acting was horrendously hammy.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2021 5:42 AM

R25 127 Hours, Milk

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2021 6:01 AM

[quote] 127 Hours, Milk

I’ve not seen 127 Hours, but his performance in Milk was unintentionally hilarious. “Harvey! Harvey!”

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2021 6:32 AM

Did this bitch really said "kids"? Since she's american, I'm gonna suppose she meant adolescents. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2021 7:48 AM

Oh I loved the pickup scene in Milk. They were both fab. Penn should have got an Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2021 7:53 AM

Just imagine any other Hollywood star directing a feature "Interior Leather Bar" like Franco has. Yet he did! And much other culturally challenging stuff. He's pushed the boundaries. Brave. Bold. Amazing man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2021 8:00 AM

R45 He did win the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2021 8:02 AM

[quote]Now he, would be a bigger, harder catch because, unlike Franco, he makes the studios money.

And he, unlike Franco, is not a sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2021 8:04 AM

I hope Seth Rogen gets taken down. He's unfunny, smug and fug.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2021 8:50 AM

A woman posted the following response over at Onion AV.

"A 32-33 yo woman went to producers to try to get out of a legal contract because she didn’t want to work with or was afraid of the director and headliner of the movie AND CRIED.

This was immature, silly and woman-specific manipulative and it sets back all our efforts to be seen as serious professionals. Not to mention that this is the second time that she’s been cowardly in the moment then suddenly found her voice YEARS later when a hashtag made its way to social media (#AAPI violence) - AFTER braver women have done the heavy lifting of being first (#MeToo). She squeakily piled-on with David Cross 10 YEARS after he said something stupid to her too.

She’s not brave, she’s not conscientious, she’s an opportunist who wants relevancy and virtue laurels. We can believe in the cause(s) without highlighting every whacko’s two cents?"

Amen. "Franco has a long history of preying on children." No, he fucking doesn't. He propositioned one 17 year old, unaware of her age. That's not a "long history of preying on children." Enough of this bullshit. Franco liked to fuck, and attempted to set up situations that would make that possible. Like every single other young actor who's ever been successful. I've never seen any stories of him being abusive or engaging in nonconsensual sex. Or "preying of children."

Charlene Yi can go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2021 9:42 AM

Well that's sorted.

Looking at IMDB, it appears she doesn't have an industry career to speak of any more, so not one to lose.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2021 10:24 AM

Don't know this woman, never even heard of her. But based on what I've read and reading between the lines, she sounds like a mental case who dreams up things.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2021 10:54 AM

DL gives me fucking whiplash.

Now we're DEFENDING James Franco? We hated him, remember?

Yi could be batshit crazy, but Franco isn't innocent.

Both things can be true.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2021 1:13 PM

R46 Interior Leather Bar was pathetic.

We've got a Franco shill among us.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2021 1:14 PM

Franco should be cancelled for fucking up Faulkner time and again.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2021 1:15 PM

What’s most disgusting about him is that he always looks dirty.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2021 1:23 PM

Child = 17 yo.

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2021 1:32 PM

^ The correct term for a seventeen year old is LEGAL MINOR.

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote]I hope it murders Seth Rogan’s career. He’s one of those people who you wonder “how the fuck did this schmuck ever get to be a star?” James Franco however is talented and daring with charisma to burn. Probably unstable, but I’m ready to cut him a lot of slack as a genuine artist. You may not like his him or his work, but he pushes the boundaries in his work, and I love that.

Oh horseshit, Franco is good looking and Seth is not. Got it. We see you.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2021 1:48 PM

Cross' tweet response is very shitty. And he had the gall to tag it with an Asian movie?!

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2021 3:41 PM

Is Michael Cera next or is he still fucking her?

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2021 4:10 PM

[quote]Franco should be cancelled for fucking up Faulkner time and again.

For the last time: Franco 👏is 👏already👏cancelled👏. He's has been over for at least two years.

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2021 5:08 PM

Juvenile SJW morons to who type 'Cancelled' with clapping emojis should be profoundly battered with a club. Preferrably a police club so can whine louder at the injustice of it all.

by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2021 5:21 PM

"But exactly because his personal projects ARE challenging, and troubling, and make people uncomfortable, is why they’re mostly ignored. I don’t much like it, but I most definitely respect it. And him."

Hi, James! [Waves to R25]

What brings you to the Datalounge, pal? Good place to troll, or is it the Instahos?

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2021 6:22 PM

love that scene at r45

so sweet and sexy

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 12:28 AM

Can we please ban James from posting on DL? He's not attractive and put out too many shitty films. Fuck off, James.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 12:31 AM

Did everyone get to laugh at her tattered clothes, at least, r26?

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 12:57 AM

I think if she had stuck to what, specifically, happened to her, people might be more willing to listen. Instead, you've got to parse through what she's saying.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote] The correct term for a seventeen year old is LEGAL MINOR.

Doesn't that depend on in which state the activity takes place?

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2021 1:17 AM

His career really is over. Oh well. When he was making movies, the majority of them sucked anyway.🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2021 1:32 AM

Why does she say all this, has she ever even talked to James?

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2021 4:40 AM

I apparently went to school with this gal at some point, and crossed paths with her at a few house parties (according to friends), but I can't say I remember interacting with her. She hit some level of cult status fame during that Michael Cera film era.

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2021 4:52 AM

She’s gonna get sued for this.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2021 4:57 AM

So they were sooooo desperate to have big name Charlyne Yi in their movie (in a role that I can't even remember who she was in the film) that they wouldn't let her quit?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2021 5:03 AM

I’ve been to paradise, but I’ve never been to me...

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2021 5:07 AM

She's queer now and her pronouns are she/they.

Nuff said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2021 5:11 AM

James made me gay!

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2021 5:16 AM

Her IG account is fucking exhausting.

Team David Cross

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2021 5:22 AM

Team Charlyne Yi

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2021 5:45 AM

She really hates white people. Men and women. Read her posts.

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2021 5:46 AM

Poor Michael Cera. Can you begin to imagine how exhausting this benighted creature must be to stand next to, let alone be in a relationship with?

There are many women and some men with legitimate issues with regards to abusive/predatory men in the workplace. Charlene Yi ain't one of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2021 5:54 AM

Michael Cera is a shitstain, so no.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2021 5:56 AM

Fuck this aspies freak.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2021 6:56 AM

[quote] She’s only half Asian and her boyfriend was Michael Cera.

She never dated Michael Cera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2021 7:06 AM

Charlyne Yi’s Secret Husband Files for Divorce

“House” actress Charlyne Yi was secretly married, but her husband is putting an end to their relationship!

According to court papers obtained by "Extra," Yi was married to Jet Elfman, who filed for divorce Friday, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split.

Elfman asked to terminate the court's ability to award spousal support to both parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2021 7:07 AM

and of course her husband was..............white.

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2021 7:10 AM

If she would have thrown in "emotional labor" or "stolen land" I would have had bingo.

Damnit!

That being said, James Franco and Seth Rogen could DIAGF and the world would be a better place. Even better would be her with them and David Cross.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2021 7:11 AM

In her defence, they started out as penpals and his name is Jet.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2021 7:12 AM

She was on Judd Apatows payroll for a while and hungout with that gang including Franco, she seems like the type of girl who hung around the guys at school to get dick but they never seen her that way, so she left the group bitter. Franco is a creep but where was the bitch before the Disaster Artist came out?

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2021 7:19 AM

What does this have to do with white men? There are plenty powerful men of color who are predators and continue to get away with it. Look at how long Bill Cosby got away with it. I’m so sick of everything being about race. A creep is a creep! Period.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2021 7:22 AM

Bill Cosby is an exception, a black man who rose to superstardom in an industry controlled by whites. Yi's comments relate not only to abusers but ENABLERS.

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2021 7:24 AM

[quote]It sounds like she has some inner hatred of white men.

It sounds like she's specifically talking about TWO people with whom she worked, not the entire white race, you fucking asshole.

[quote]Asians can be pedophiles too.

And this has what to do with her only talking about ONE guy she worked with, you actual racist tool?

See Japan. (they sell little girls used underwear in vending machines there.)

They do not sell "little girls" underwear, you idiot. It's young women and that doesn't make them pedophiles, unless they've actually sexually-attack girls. They're certainly creepy fucks, but you sound like idiots who think Cuomo and Gaetz are the same.

There are actual restrictions to this creepy fetish:

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2021 7:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2021 7:44 AM

R91 not true. OJ Simpson beat Nicole for years and only got a slap on the wrist. Michel Jackson was a sexual predator who got away with it for years. Multiple Black men in professional sports get away with abuse. The bottom line is money and power. If you are rich, or making others a lot of money then you I’ll get away with being a predator. Green is th onl color rat matters. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2021 7:52 AM

Ignore my typos. Just got a new phone and I’m still not used to the keyboard settings.

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2021 7:54 AM

I bet she was put to this by SJWs in the industry in order to try to take down yet more white male celebrities. It is so obvious that they are targeting 'cis white males.'

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2021 8:03 AM

Who are these people? All so unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2021 8:32 AM

R76, I just don't get this 'they' stuff. How can one person be a 'they'.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2021 8:48 AM

She’s really taking aim at white people on her Twitter Instagram whatever.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2021 9:48 AM

Proof or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2021 9:50 AM

She looks mentally retarded and that bowl cut doesn’t help matters. She looks special needs.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2021 10:17 AM

She looks trans.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2021 10:18 AM

She looks and sounds troubled as fuck. Why doesn’t she have a job? Like at Trader Joe’s or Foot Locker.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2021 10:25 AM

blame whitey

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2021 11:20 AM

She's an opportunist who has lied about her romantic relationships, as is evidenced with Michael Cera. And going after Seth Rogen for "enabling" will resut in nothing, nor should it. I thoroughly dislike the sleazy predator Franco, but where has there been any evidence he preyed on children?

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2021 11:44 AM

Never heard of her. And I'm sure I'm not alone. She's trying to parlay working years ago with Franco into a payday of attention for herself. And going after anyone else she can think to take a swing at. She's as obvious as her preferred use of the pronoun "they."

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2021 11:52 AM

[quote]But exactly because his personal projects ARE challenging, and troubling, and make people uncomfortable, is why they’re mostly ignored.

HIs personal projects are mostly ignored because they're mostly bad.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2021 11:52 AM

Interior. Leather Bar. is amazing. And The Deuce was the best american show I've watched in years.

You queens just dislike everything that is a bit esoteric. And Interior is Just a bit esoteric, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Bullshit, R108. Franco's vanity projects are garbage, and so was his unwatchable HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2021 12:16 PM

I'm still waiting for The Long Home. It looks interesting and Franco looks hot.

James was one of the few Hollywood actors that doesnt acted like a souless PR robot. No surprise they cancelled him.

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2021 12:29 PM

[quote]You queens just dislike everything that is a bit esoteric.

With a Rotten Tomatoes critic's score of 59% (29% for audiences), it appears us "queens" aren't the only ones who disliked Interior. Leather. Bar.

I did like aspects of The Deuce, though I kept longing for it to be better.

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2021 12:31 PM

"James was one of the few Hollywood actors that doesnt acted like a souless PR robot. No surprise they cancelled him."

Darling R110, that's not why they cancelled him. They cancelled him because he's a predatory sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2021 12:47 PM

[R112] you sound puritanical and boring.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2021 12:53 PM

R113, you sound like sex pest James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2021 12:58 PM

I don't believe anything this weirdo says.

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Who wants to see my sex pest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Yeah, well, far from it, R113. I just recognize shitty films and TV when I see them, apparently unlike you.

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2021 1:37 PM

R25 Prolific and challenging doesn't = talented or artistic

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2021 1:47 PM

He was his own PR machine and he was a notorious gay baiter and a huge phony when it came to his being any kind of an auteur.

by Anonymousreply 119April 10, 2021 1:50 PM

Franco is a piece of shit and always has been, but I don't need another self-righteous, dime-a-dozen hipster like Ms. Yi to tell me that.

by Anonymousreply 120April 10, 2021 2:22 PM

How was James Franco gay baiting? WTF does that even mean?

You all need to stop speaking like fucking nuns. Youre not fooling anyone with the prude act.

by Anonymousreply 121April 10, 2021 4:42 PM

R121, where have you been, exactly? He's baited and teased like the true poseur he is for years now, acting very coy about how he leaned sexually when he had crap like "Interior. Leather Bar." coming out--when of course, he was and is nothing but a pussy hound. And that has nothing to do with prudishness, fool. It has everything to do with knowing a phony when one sees one.

by Anonymousreply 122April 10, 2021 5:35 PM

She put up another post, still insisting there's victims out there who were children when he preyed on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2021 6:22 PM

James Franco has always given off dirty creep vibes and didn't Cross's ex come right out and say he was a racist piece of shit and was also a junkie?

by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2021 6:36 PM

Remember when LiLo said he fucked her when she was only seventeen? He denied it and practically accused her of trying to rape him. Like she was a stalker with a crush. I never believed him. I knew Lindsay was telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2021 9:06 PM

r92 you clearly didn't read her instagram.

She is not just talking about one person. In another post she says all white people are abusers and should be medicated. She has a grudge against all white people. Franco is just her main target. (at least for today.)

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2021 9:11 PM

He’s white?

by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] In another post she says all white people are abusers and should be medicated.

Link.

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2021 9:16 PM

5th row down on the right r 128

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] and didn't Cross's ex come right out and say he was a racist piece of shit and was also a junkie?

You mean his wife? It was Amber Tamblyn that said he was indeed racist towards Yi.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2021 9:24 PM

Big ol' eyeball at people who blandly demand "link."

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2021 9:30 PM

^ eyeroll ugh

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]Remember when LiLo said he fucked her when she was only seventeen? He denied it and practically accused her of trying to rape him. Like she was a stalker with a crush. I never believed him. I knew Lindsay was telling the truth.

"He fucked her" -- did she help, at all?

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2021 10:15 PM

Little Char is a racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2021 1:28 AM

Cross admitted to doing crack on some late night talk show.

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2021 1:30 AM

Did Charlyne Yi end up in this movie against her will, or without her knowledge or consent?

Strange, barely-working fug actress, highly triggered by white males, demands to be released from high-paying job, while pretending the identities of the creative team were a SURPRISE TO HER ALL ALONG!

Yeah, that makes sense...

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2021 1:40 AM

If Charlyne Yi acts fast it might not be too late for her to get adopted by Mia Farrow!

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2021 1:51 AM

I think her accusations would have more weight if they weren't so preachy and trying to lecture people on racial and gender topics. She can't just state what exactly Franco did and who he hurt without all the mumbo jumbo? And why didn't she go to the police if she saw/heard he was preying on children? I'm tired of people using something as horrific as sexual abuse as a way to promote themselves on social media. If Franco committed crimes then the evidence needs to come up that he did so. That way an investigation can be done.

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2021 2:04 AM

I give Charlyne's drama ONE FLAG on the Six Flags fun-o-meter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2021 3:26 AM

It likely comes as a shock to Charlyne Yi, but there ARE some women who like to fuck. There are some women who don't actively try to look like 12 year old boys in order to avoid having to deal with sex at all.

I find her really disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2021 3:32 AM

Why'd she sign on to The Disaster Artist to begin with then? She suddenly had a revelation about him?

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2021 5:10 AM

[Quote]  why didn't she go to the police if she saw/heard he was preying on children?

Because it's as simple as that in Hollywood....

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2021 5:41 AM

[quote] and of course her husband was..............white.

So in your racist mind, Asians should only date Asians and whites should only date whites. Well, since she’s half-Asian, half white, that means by your logic she can date EITHER Asian OR white.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2021 6:47 AM

no r143 just pointing out that as soon as a minority becomes famous....they marry a white person (most of the time.)

Ooooo and you called me a racist. Isn't that getting a bit tired?

by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2021 7:07 AM

Call a spade a spade. And what is wrong with her marrying a white person? White is her heritage too.

You’re the type to say Halle Berry should have married within her own race instead of marrying white Gabriel Aubry, when she’s 50% white and DID marry within her own race.

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2021 7:20 AM

White men, stop being the prize for Asian women. Even if they have dime slot slits and tight pussy, they are trouble.

by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2021 8:09 AM

She tried to quit? Sure, Jan. I find it hard to believe anyone would compel this bitch to stay anywhere.

I'm sure she was safe from Franco. Is her racist ass being called out or do preferred pronouns give her an exemption?

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2021 8:21 AM

Death to Incels.

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2021 8:22 AM

Beautiful voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2021 9:25 AM

I’m *not an ally to her, whatever she is or is claiming to be. I wouldn’t piss on her if she were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2021 9:28 AM

Egads, R149. No competition with the Reformed Whores, that one.

by Anonymousreply 151April 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Dorky looking bitch that had to settle for dorky white guys cause attractive asian and white men are not attracted to her.

by Anonymousreply 152April 11, 2021 12:48 PM

R149 Magnificent songwriter, too.

by Anonymousreply 153April 11, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] Why'd she sign on to The Disaster Artist to begin with then?

Because her career had been stagnant for five years after her House contract ended and Franco and Rogen tossed her a bone.

Seriously she was “Cashier” on Looking just before she booked The Disaster Artist.

by Anonymousreply 154April 11, 2021 12:55 PM

They’re all assholes.

She seems shrill and hysterical, Franco and Roger are slimy. But at least Roger makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 155April 11, 2021 1:09 PM

^^ ROGEN.

Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 156April 11, 2021 1:09 PM

My issue is if she knew about this for years then why did she do nothing until now? Is your career more important than stopping a serial sexual abuser? I really doubt Franco or Rogen have the same amount of power as Weinstein or Cosby. Look at how easy it was for Franco to get blackballed.

She also accused Marilyn Manson of being abusive to her too and a couple of others.

I want to believe the victims but so many people in this are so shady even the female accusers of Franco seemed more motivated by money as they never were coerced to film themselves in the nude or sleep with Franco.

by Anonymousreply 157April 11, 2021 2:29 PM

I am glad she is calling this out. If the students who sued Franco had been males instead of females, he would have been forced into hiding and his name would be synonymous with “pedophelia”.

by Anonymousreply 158April 11, 2021 2:31 PM

R158 no. It wouldn't be taken seriously if the victims were males and it wouldn't even make the news. The women signed on to take erotic film classes and claimed they felt uncomfortable doing it and painted it as Franco sexually abusing them. But the issue is they consented to be filmed nude and there's no evidence he forced them to have sex with him. If these were young men who said the same thing then this would be laughed at and the replies would be "dude, you signed up to be naked. What did you expect? "

by Anonymousreply 159April 11, 2021 2:35 PM

R159, of course it would make news and other the nuances would be lost. Remember Kevin Spacey got cancelled as a pedophile because of a non sexual act that occurred 36 years ago. The countless straight men who were accused of the same thing and worse are still working.

With homosexuals, people lose all ability to see the nuances of any situation

by Anonymousreply 160April 11, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote] Remember Kevin Spacey got cancelled as a pedophile because of a non sexual act that occurred 36 years ago.

Spacey was having sex with a 14 year old boy he was teaching in an acting class.

by Anonymousreply 161April 11, 2021 2:51 PM

The role of Harvey Milk should not have been played by a breeder or a goy, especially one who has been inside Madonna's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 162April 11, 2021 2:53 PM

R160 Teenage boys are obviously different than adult men. And Spacey was pursuing teenage boys for sex.

I dont think people would have sympathy for men over the age of 18 who signed up to do a class of sex scenes taught by James Franco.

The fact is men are seen as less vulnerable than women and sexual harassment claims by men arent taken as seriously

by Anonymousreply 163April 11, 2021 2:53 PM

R160, he wasn’t canceled merely for what happened to Anthony Rapp. Spacey was a serial offender. If behind the scenes gossip of his behavior had not been ongoing, Rapp most likely never would have spoken out,

by Anonymousreply 164April 11, 2021 2:55 PM

R164, “serial abuser”= acting the same way any other single man in his position acts with women. He hit on some guys that were not interested. That’s what 99% of the allegations actually were. The press presented the allegations as if all or most were minors or were serious sexual assaults. Never would have happened to a heterosexual in Spaceys position and the public never would have bought into it so easily.

R161, Spacey never taught acting classes to 14 year olds. And that’s an anonymous unprovable assertion. If the “victim” had been a female making an outrageous allegation like that it never would have been printed

by Anonymousreply 165April 11, 2021 3:03 PM

R164, Rapp spoke up because Heather Unruh made a vague post on twitter about Spacey assaulting a loved one. The same Heather Unruh who lose both criminal and civil cases against Spacey because she conveniently “lost” her son’s phone before the trial and because the “assault” amounted nothing more to an a little drunken grab ass.

by Anonymousreply 166April 11, 2021 3:07 PM

R163, Except he wasn’t pursuing teenage boys for sex. Those allegations are 3 decades old. Sly Stallone, James Franco, and Dustin Hoffman were accused of “pursuuing” teenage girls for sex.where is their cancellations?

by Anonymousreply 167April 11, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] Spacey never taught acting classes to 14 year olds.

Sorry, he wasn’t 14 when they met in an acting class, he was 12.

[quote]He first met Spacey in 1981, when the actor was a guest teacher at a weekend acting class he took in Westchester County; he was then a 12-year-old student. Spacey was 22 and working in the New York theater scene. They met again by chance in line at Shakespeare in the Park in 1983, when the student was 14 years old; Spacey had made his Broadway debut in Henrik Ibsen’s Ghosts the year prior. After that meeting, he says, Spacey gave him his phone number, and the two began a sexual relationship.

by Anonymousreply 168April 11, 2021 3:20 PM

She's definitely a loon.

by Anonymousreply 169April 11, 2021 3:25 PM

The only incident we know about Franco is that 17 year old girl who was of the age of consent in NY anyway. Apparently, nothing came out of it any way.

Spacey was going after boys who were in the early teens like 14 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2021 3:25 PM

Anonymous allegations from 1981 would never fly for a straight actor. Sure didn’t with Sly Stallone and Dustin Hoffman who were much older when those alleged. Crimes occurred.

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote] Spacey was going after boys who were in the early teens like 14 year olds.

Peak ripeness.

by Anonymousreply 172April 11, 2021 3:33 PM

IF Spacey was a homosexual pedophile with an unquenchabke thist for teen boys wouldn’t there be at least one such allegation post 1985?

by Anonymousreply 173April 11, 2021 3:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 11, 2021 3:54 PM

James Franco and Spacey did nothing wrong.

Fuck Hollywood and this boring world we live in today.

by Anonymousreply 175April 11, 2021 4:00 PM

Spacey is a creep, but he's a very, very good actor.

by Anonymousreply 176April 11, 2021 4:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 11, 2021 4:09 PM

One look through her creepy IG account will tell you everything you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 178April 11, 2021 4:37 PM

Yes, ALL white men. Racist, sexist jerk who destroys her message with hysterical racism.

by Anonymousreply 179April 11, 2021 4:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 11, 2021 4:40 PM

She’s Jussie Smollett without balls

by Anonymousreply 181April 11, 2021 4:46 PM

I'd be more willing to believe her if she spelled her name "Charlene".

by Anonymousreply 182April 11, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] Anonymous allegations from 1981 would never fly for a straight actor. Sure didn’t with Sly Stallone and Dustin Hoffman who were much older when those alleged. Crimes occurred.

Neither Stallone and Hoffman men are relevant today. That's why. Spacey was in a hit Netflix series and Franco was in a lot of movies and TV shows. Both are more known among the social media generation.

by Anonymousreply 183April 11, 2021 6:53 PM

She just sounds salty that she isn’t pretty and cute White boys aren’t attracted to her. Hell, cute boys aren’t attracted to her, period.

by Anonymousreply 184April 11, 2021 6:57 PM

More Franco allegations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 11, 2021 10:11 PM

Can't you just block people on Snapchat?

by Anonymousreply 186April 11, 2021 10:14 PM

R185

She needs to go to the police with evidence if this is the case. Why is this so hard?

by Anonymousreply 187April 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Will he end up killing himself like Mark Salling?

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2021 10:20 PM

If Charlyne and Jessica were aware of Franco sexually abusing underage girls for years and didn't say anything until now then they are just as guilty by being silent and enabling his behavior. I really don't know how they can act like they're such victims of Franco and demand pity from the public if they are claiming that actual children harmed by him.

He was a perv to you guys and you rejected him. Fine. But if you knew he was molesting underage girls. Then why didn't you say anything when you first became aware? They both seem unaware of how narcissistic they come across and I can't feel pity if they are equating their harassment with actual child sex abuse.

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2021 10:31 PM

R185 That post comes from a faceless IG account that was started today, has 2 posts (including that one), and 11 followers.

by Anonymousreply 190April 12, 2021 12:04 AM

R190 Not to mention offers zero evidence or even an identity tied to a completely wild accusation.

by Anonymousreply 191April 12, 2021 12:06 AM

You don’t need either one. Just ask r168

by Anonymousreply 192April 12, 2021 12:08 AM

R190 And one of the followers is Charlyne.

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 193April 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Seriously, I hope all of these Instagram posters are thinking about defamation laws.

by Anonymousreply 194April 12, 2021 12:39 AM

"...sext me without my consent"

Lmfao I thank the lord I'm a f@ggot.

The level of bs these women come up with is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 195April 12, 2021 5:30 AM

[Quote]Big ol' eyeball at people who blandly demand "link."

Just hit them with the "it's not by job to educate you" preferably with clapping emojis after each word.

by Anonymousreply 196April 12, 2021 5:34 AM

[quote]I'd be more willing to believe her if she spelled her name "Charlene".

But she's already seen things a woman ain't supposed to see.

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2021 5:41 AM

Is it seen as a triumph for an Asian woman to get a white man? (someone said that above.)

I've found Asian women (not Asian American women but ones from Japan and Korea etc.) very aggressive. Calling for dates etc. (some didn't seem to understand the whole gay thing!)

by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2021 6:31 AM

I think I remember this bitch having a small role in some movie where she played a stoner, and she was really offbeat and funny. Absolutely no sex appeal whatsoever, and totally weird—like an alien—but funny nonetheless.

This latest bullshit she’s coming out with though? She can fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2021 7:33 AM

I hear Asian women have sideways breezers.

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2021 7:39 AM

[quote] Is it seen as a triumph for an Asian woman to get a white man? (someone said that above.)

Only to white racists. They deem themselves the prize. If you’re in California, you’ll see the majority of Asian women are with Asian men.

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2021 7:49 AM

I always thought Franco was super hot. Like, dirty hot. I don't give a fuck if he "gay baited" whatever the fuck that means. He wore his interest in sex on his sleeve. His Rebel without a Cause art installation at LACMA was hot and artistically interesting.

Charlene Yi is a horrible person. Accusing someone of "preying on children" with zero proof. Fuck her. She's an asshole. This wave of puritanism that condemns any younger man out looking to get laid is as bizarre as it is disgusting.

Yi needs therapy.

by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2021 7:57 AM

She sounds like a bitter uggo. This film is already a few years old. Why is she talking about it just now? She looks retarded and comes off like she has too many chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2021 8:18 AM

Why would they bribe her with a bigger role? Like she is some big star that they can’t function without. 😆

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2021 8:49 AM

Her “songwriting” seems to suggest she’s discovered Regina Spektor... about 15yrs after everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2021 9:35 AM

R53 There is NO "we" here. This not the end of some shitty 90s queer film where "We Are Family" is played over the end credits.

The days of the gay hive mind are over, thank GOD.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2021 9:41 AM

[quote] If Charlyne and Jessica were aware of Franco sexually abusing underage girls for years and didn't say anything until now then they are just as guilty by being silent and enabling his behavior.

Someone should point that out to her.

by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2021 9:46 AM

Whilst she is doing her best to help with the demise of James Franco's career (what is left of it anyway) and Seth Rogen into the bargin too she clearly has no self awareness because nobody will want to hire her because she will be seen as 'too much trouble'.

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2021 10:19 AM

Her page or whatever says she lives in North Carolina

by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2021 11:50 AM

R196 One should at least say “please”

by Anonymousreply 210April 12, 2021 1:57 PM

When she came for David Cross she got a little attention. Ambyr Tamblyn goes “I believe her.” LOL

by Anonymousreply 211April 12, 2021 2:08 PM

I find it quite amusing that someone working in a professional field will (proudly) admit they cried in a work meeting at the age of 35, over her boss being friends with someone she doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 212April 12, 2021 8:10 PM

I wonder if Dave will ever comment on this. I would hate to see his film career get curtailed because of the stupid actions of his brother. Nowadays, people on social media will go after anyone related or in some association with their target despite those people having nothing to do with the crime. It reminds me of the Medieval Times where family members of criminals would also get punished.

by Anonymousreply 213April 12, 2021 8:19 PM

What film career?

by Anonymousreply 214April 12, 2021 8:31 PM

Yeah, what? David Franco--yeah, right, we'd hate to lose him.

by Anonymousreply 215April 12, 2021 9:24 PM

R53 I never hated James Franco. But I hate that dirty, ugly cunt Yi.

by Anonymousreply 216September 9, 2022 2:44 AM

Making accusations for publicity is the new five min of fame

by Anonymousreply 217September 9, 2022 2:49 AM

He may be arrogant but I'll always adore James Franco. Trust me, he'll go down in film history like Marlon Brando and Dennis Hopper as character actor who chose interesting roles. And he's very gay friendly and alluded to bisexuality. Most straight or bi men want nothing to do with gays.

by Anonymousreply 218September 9, 2022 12:47 PM

We didn't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 219September 9, 2022 12:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!