Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Europeans - are you getting COVID vaccines? Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the AstraZeneca vaccine

Picking up where we left off. Everything is the worst and we are all doomed!

Original thread linked below .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 889 hours ago

Not the for the UK, USA and Israel, their vaccination effort is turning out to be great. Big shame about the vaccine nationalist EU and their failure.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2021

The Guardian has an article on the use of the Russian vax in Germany and France.

AZ? No.

Putin? Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203/31/2021

Ahahaha tries to tear apart one vaccine and then goes for the Russian one. You couldn't make this up, the EU are flailing and it is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2021

Sputnik V came out last August, right? A full 3 months before the first Western vaccine. Now it's approved in 47 countries and counting.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2021

Slight risk of brain exploding? No problemo!

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2021

better than drowning in your own snot

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2021

Europeans have now gone off the edge of reality, how ignorant can you get?

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2021

update on brexit and the US/UK tariffs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 803/31/2021

I can't help but think Sputnik is pretty much everything different parts of Europe believes about AZ but rolled into one and true. Von der Karen thinks AZ is essentially an organ of the British government being directed by Boris Johnson? Sputnik was developed by the Russian government and future supply is genuinely controlled by an even more hostile Boris. Vast sections of the European population think AZ is trying to kill them? This is one is to Russian standards, and was created rapidly at the same time a suspiciously large number of doctors and scientists were falling out of windows. The only vaccine I trust less is the Chinese one.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2021

[quote]Sputnik V came out last August, right? A full 3 months before the first Western vaccine. Now it's approved in 47 countries and counting.

Yes, if it was first it must be good. Because Russian chemistry and trustworthy application are such absolute synonyms.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2021

^ You think the Lancet is in cahoots with Moscow? Look at this almost begrudging admission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2021

[quote] update on brexit and the US/UK tariffs

There will never be a time in all of eternity in which The Guardian doesn’t bash Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2021

I bet the Guardian is PISSED that the vaccination of the UK is successful.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2021

I'd take Sputnik if it were available.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2021

France is finally in real lockdown, YOUPI! It's about fucking time we close our schools! We spend the all month of March watching the figures climb, none of the curfews worked.

by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2021

What is "YOUPI"?

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2021

French for Whoopee?

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2021

12% of France has had at least one dose. It's just a matter of getting through the next month or so, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2021

contrast that with 30 percent in the US

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2021

And over 50% in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2021

Right. Both US and UK were at 12% for first shot too. On a global scale, France is not doing badly with getting jabs in arms. Yes, there is a near term issue with a spike in infections. But it’s not a forever-issue.

by Anonymousreply 2104/01/2021

Macron has been to busy chatting up old granny's than dealing with the vaccine rollout.

by Anonymousreply 2204/01/2021

That’s his wife!

by Anonymousreply 2304/01/2021

I thought she was his teacher?

by Anonymousreply 2404/01/2021

Teacher, mother, secret lover

by Anonymousreply 2504/01/2021

The mother of a good friend died of Covid on Tuesday. A retired doctor, she went back into service to assist in an overwhelmed hospital. I know fatigue has set in for many of us, but please continue to do what you can to stay safe... and when the time comes, get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 2604/01/2021

[quote]France is not doing badly with getting jabs in arms. Yes, there is a near term issue with a spike in infections. But it’s not a forever-issue.

Yes, temporary, like France’s capitulation to Germany in WWII. Similarly and eventually, someone will bail France out.

by Anonymousreply 2704/01/2021

What the eff is up with France?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2804/01/2021

[quote] What the eff is up with France?

Have you ever studied French history?

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2021

Has France studied my history?

by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2021

R30 depends, where are you from?

For the youpi meaning, see this extract from the movie La cité de la peur, where a policeman and a bodyguard have to entertain an audience while they are waiting for a movie at the Cannes film festival, every projectionist get killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2021

Got an AZ vaccine last Tuesday. Zero side effects.

by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2021

Vaccine effectiveness chart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3304/02/2021

R9 The Chinese vaccine is the least risky since it uses decades old gold standard vaccine technology, and the trial data are very much in line with what you would expect of a traditional vaccine. You could argue that the data must have been fudged, but since the trials didn't even take place in China, you'd have to believe that all the countries that participated in the trials were in on the scam too.

by Anonymousreply 3404/02/2021

This video examines some of the considerations between vaccines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3504/02/2021

[quote]The Chinese vaccine is the least risky

And the least effective.

by Anonymousreply 3604/02/2021

Yikes. I'll try the vaccines effectiveness chart again. Pfizer is still top of the pile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3704/02/2021

Anyone in France wants to tell us what it's like?

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2021

R38 bien sûr. I managed to get my mum who is 80 vaccinated, but some of my friends who are not in a big towns didn't get their appointment yet despite being over 75. Pharmacists and GP can vaccinate, but they only get 10 doses per week... and it's priority for people with a health condition. In my town they open the vaccin center mid march, 2 months after the start of the campaign because we didn't have enough dose. In the vaccin center in my town they use Moderna, at the pharmacists and GP it's Astra Zeneca (they change name, can't remember it) Apparently we are sitting on huge stock of AZ? I would love to know where they are supposed to be... at the plant?

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2021

r39, do your countrymen now regret their desire to hurt the UK because of Brexit, and the bad karma that France received as a result of that?

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2021

I got my shot and that is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2021

Thanks r39. Is the lockdown as strict as last spring when you risked a €200 fine for just being outside? Who are people blaming for mishandling the rollout? Macron? Merkel? Ursula von der Leyen? And how is the UK's success playing over there? Is anyone admitting the Brits were right to leave the EU?

by Anonymousreply 4204/04/2021

A friend of mine in Berlin who has many health issues has just got an appointment to be vaccinated next week - her GP has been given 10 doses and assigned one to her. Her elderly parents have appointments in May. Bizarre how Germany has ended up like this.

by Anonymousreply 4304/04/2021

So the Brits earn a single day of freedom and sunshine in the UK... and they waste no time in trashing the joint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4404/04/2021

Disgusting county of low-life drunks - they deserve to have the Muslims take them over.

by Anonymousreply 4504/04/2021

[quote]Disgusting county of low-life drunks - they deserve to have the Muslims take them over.

Maybe 'the Muslims' took notes from all the brave patriots who invaded The Capitol on 6 January.

by Anonymousreply 4604/04/2021

[quote]Disgusting county of low-life drunks - they deserve to have the Muslims take them over.

Sir, this is Datalounge, not Stormfront. Please take your Nazi views elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 4704/04/2021

There was an interview with Kate Bingham this weekend, the woman who oversaw the UK's vaccine task force.

She spoke about her discussions with the EU and why they didn't progress.

[quote]As we eat, I ask whether her team seriously considered working with the EU vaccine procurement scheme, which would have been possible last year before Brexit took effect. “The Commission was happy for us to join the European procurement but we would not have a seat at the table, we had to abandon all the work we had done to date, we could not speak either then or in the future to any potential vaccine companies that would conflict with what they might want to do, and they would tell us when we would get the vaccine,” Bingham says. “Being a Remainer, it wasn’t as if I came in with any strong views that we had to do it our own way,” she adds. “But, actually, that was not a very difficult decision.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4804/04/2021

R42 our only "contact" when it comes to responsibility is president Macron and the premier ministre, we don't think "Europe" on a daily basis.

R40 I personally pity the British for believing the lies of the Leave campaign (you were supposed to stay in the single market, remember?), including my cousin who is in UK since the 80s.

We might still bitter for Dunkerque, you guys abandoned us and then make a movie like if it was a "victory" ? Every French who try to join the boats were welcome with rifle shots "in their general direction". Look up "Marine Lepen", she is the far right leader who is trying to sell us frexit, I don't think she is pushing the argument of leaving EU at the moment. I couldn't tell, I change channel each time she appears on my tele.

by Anonymousreply 4904/04/2021

[quote]We might still bitter for Dunkerque, you guys abandoned us and then make a movie like if it was a "victory" ?

That's unfair - the British troops were surrounded and at imminent risk of capture. It would have been catastrophic both tactically and for morale if hundreds of thousands of British troops had had to surrender to the Nazis. "Only" around 12% of troops were made POWs by the Nazis, but hundreds of thousands were evacuated,

I don't think many in Britain see it as a victory, more a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 5004/04/2021

R50 and taking a few hundred Dunkerquois with on the boat was too much to ask? There were children, women who would have loved not to see the german troops from close up.

by Anonymousreply 5104/04/2021

I agree they should have taken some of the locals but they did come back, when it was safe.

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2021

The British (and the Americans) came back to liberate France, since the French couldn’t do it for themselves, and the French resent that as well.

by Anonymousreply 5304/04/2021

You really should talk to a doctor about your Tourette's.

by Anonymousreply 5404/04/2021

Stop with the fucking WW2. Get back to OP's question faggots. BTW faggots are not a cure for COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5504/04/2021

R11 that may be, but it's the quality control that I question. I can just see Olga working in the vax factory while arguing with her boyfriend on the phone with a cig hanging out of her mouth. Not to mention all that vodka she had on her lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 5604/04/2021

they waste no time in trashing the joint.

Filthy beasts, and raging drunks, this meshes with all the cheesy dicks too. How can you help degenerates like this?

by Anonymousreply 5704/04/2021

Do the sexy Brazilians have access to the vaccine? We need to save them!

by Anonymousreply 5804/04/2021

[quote]Do the sexy Brazilians have access to the vaccine? We need to save them!

The government announced last week they had signed contracts to purchase enough vaccine doses for the entire population. How soon those vaccine doses actually show up and go into sexy Brazilian arms, we'll see. So far only 7% of the population have received at least one shot.

by Anonymousreply 5904/04/2021

[quote]they waste no time in trashing the joint.

[quote]Filthy beasts, and raging drunks, this meshes with all the cheesy dicks too. How can you help degenerates like this?

R57 you're lost, this isn't another thread about the deplorable mob smashing up The Capitol because their criminal 'president' couldn't admit defeat.

by Anonymousreply 6004/04/2021

I'm in France, and as a healthcare worker I got my first AZ shot on the 19th of March. That means the day after it was authorized again and a few hours before it was stopped for people under 55. So I've been waiting since then to know whether I will be able to get my second shot.

Constant change on which population can get vaccinated and by which vaccine has complicated things: first it was AZ only for younger people, than everyone, than it was stopped, and then only for older people. Having to tell patients one thing and then the exact opposite has made them a bit wary. And AZ changing the name of their vaccine amidst the chaos has not been helpful.

On the upside, I FINALLY got a date to get both of my parents vaccinated. And most of the elderly patients I see now have at least gotten one injection.

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2021

[quote]Do the sexy Brazilians have access to the vaccine? We need to save them!

I know too many middle-class Brazilians who voted Bolsonaro because they'd make more money and felt the eminiently sensible Fernando Haddad was even more incompetent than Dilma and more leftist than Lula. They deserve every new variant and no vaccine. Elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2021

On the bright side Lula is most definitely getting re-elected president in Brazil next year. On the downside he'll be inheriting an unholy mess.

by Anonymousreply 6304/05/2021

Man, AZ is dying a slow, painful death, huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6404/07/2021

r61, that the elderly are having to wait so long is terrible

by Anonymousreply 6504/07/2021

Good news if you are the CEO of Moderna, Stéphane Bancel just joined the billionaire club, congrats!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6604/07/2021

[quote]Man, AZ is dying a slow, painful death, huh?

No, patients with Covid are dying a slow, painful death.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is stopping that.

by Anonymousreply 6704/07/2021

R67 You must be one of those brainwashed brits who accused the EU of being jealous, hence a "smear campaign" against your precious vaccine. Well, turns out the Norwegian doctors who found this link a month ago were right after all.

by Anonymousreply 6804/07/2021

[quote][R67] You must be one of those brainwashed brits who accused the EU of being jealous, hence a "smear campaign" against your precious vaccine. Well, turns out the Norwegian doctors who found this link a month ago were right after all.

No, I'm not brainwashed.

I understand risk.

by Anonymousreply 6904/07/2021

R69 I do too. As a young Millennial there is a bigger risk of me dying from a blood clot from AZ than dying from Covid. I refuse to take this vaccine. And no, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'll gladly take Pfizer or Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 7004/07/2021

Face the facts, R67. Human beings have died needlessly from AZ. It’s the Edsel of vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 7104/07/2021

R71 Exactly. Young and healthy people died from blood clots due to AZ.

by Anonymousreply 7204/07/2021

Britain produces shit so this isn’t that surprising.

by Anonymousreply 7304/07/2021

[quote]Britain produces shit so this isn’t that surprising.

Why oh why the world didn't heed the wisdom of a great American president and take to bleach against Covid I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 7404/07/2021

[quote][R69] I do too. As a young Millennial there is a bigger risk of me dying from a blood clot from AZ than dying from Covid

As a young Millennial there's more chance of you dying in a car accident than there is of dying from a blood clot from AZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7504/07/2021

The kind of PR AZ is getting is what I thought would happen with Sputnik and Sinovac. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 7604/07/2021

Not going near Johnson & Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 7704/07/2021

R77 Me neither. J&J contains the same technology as AZ. There was a healthy 25 year old man in the test phase who developed blood clots and needed surgery. Seems like that vaccine will have the same issues as AZ. I trust the mrna vaccines much more. Yes, I am aware people have developed blood clots and some have died from those too, but mostly elderly people with pre-existing conditions. Not healthy young people. I'm a Millennial so I have a fairly high chance of developing blood clots from AZ. I won't take AZ or J&J but would happily take Pfizer or Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 7804/07/2021

[quote]A friend of mine in Berlin who has many health issues has just got an appointment to be vaccinated next week - her GP has been given 10 doses and assigned one to her. Her elderly parents have appointments in May. Bizarre how Germany has ended up like this.

Especially considering that Germany was a partner with the US in developing the Pfizer vaccine. Is it because there had to be one overarching agreement on procurement spread across the entire EU instead of each country working on their own? I would have thought Germany would have been more on top of things.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Thursday at 12:05 AM

R79 Yes. The EU made a shitty deal with the vaccine producers, so here we are. The vaccination pace is so slow it's horrific. I'm sure if every country negotiated a deal on their own most would have had a better deal than the current EU one. Fucking hell I'm from Norway. My country isn't even in the EU. Our shitty government still figured it was better to join the EU deal than to negotiate one on their own. So here we are. Less than 10 % of the population vaccinated so far. What's more fucked up is that the youngest people who have put their lives on hold for almost two years get another summer ruined because they are last in line to get the vaccine. This means their parents can enjoy life again while the kids have to suffer even longer and have to live as a prisoners in their own homes since there's nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 12:13 AM

In my 30s and in the UK and still waiting. I'm happy to take any vaccine offered, AZ or otherwise. I work in a high risk environment (school), and in all its infinite wisdom, the UK gov hasn't prioritised people like me.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 12:26 AM

I’m mid-forties, in the Uk, and I had the first dose of the AZ vaccine 3 weeks ago, with barely any side effects except a slight sore throat for a day, and some muscle stiffness for a few days. The risk of developing a clot is 0.000095%, which is worth taking, I think. There are far riskier activities in everyday life.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 12:33 AM

I have nightmares about what would currently be happening in the US if that orange fucker had remained implanted in the White House like a cancerous cell.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 12:34 AM

[quote]In my 30s and in the UK and still waiting. I'm happy to take any vaccine offered, AZ or otherwise. I work in a high risk environment (school), and in all its infinite wisdom, the UK gov hasn't prioritised people like me.

It was the infinite wisdom of the scientists who decided not to prioritise 30somethings, regardless of their jobs.

Teachers with health conditions were prioritised but to prioritise young healthy teachers over older people would have meant more deaths in the over 50s or over 60s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 1:43 AM

R44 - wait...an Australian news source is tweaking the Brits for being drunken slobs?

I'm terribly sorry - isn't Australia that place with the horse race every year that turns into the Staten Island Dump only with more date rape?

by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 1:58 AM

My 78-year old mom got her first Pfizer shot last Friday. This time, the process was smooth and quick, unlike when my dad got his first shot a few weeks ago. Belgian vaccination is finally starting to speed up a little. Luckily, my mom only had a slightly sore arm, no other symptoms. My Dutch in-laws (in their early 70s) are getting their first Pfizer shots next week. I’ll be so relieved when all four are fully vaccinated, because a major part of the endless stress of this year was about keep them safe. My father-in-law is especially vulnerable with his MS and heart condition.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Monday at 2:16 AM

Glad to hear it.

European countries really are getting their arse into gear now.

It's estimated that 10000 lives have been saved by the UK's vaccine roll out.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Monday at 2:18 AM

"Denmark becomes 1st European nation to completely shun AstraZeneca COVID vaccine"

Danes, when you are not mourning Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, are you getting your COVID vaxx?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 889 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!