Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Europeans - are you getting COVID vaccines?

On a work call with Italians and Germans on Friday, they were telling me how I was lucky to be in the US where we have so many people vaccinated. I’m in Pennsylvania, so I have no idea what they are talking about - our vaccine distribution is non-existent.

But is it (apparently) worse in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 600July 14, 2021 12:01 PM

Not from Europe but Merkel won’t even take a vaccine or approve for the elderly. Germans really love to murder people.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 3:03 PM

The EU Commission took over and screwed up procurement. There have been production problems. Macron said the AstraZeneca vaccine was useless for the over 65s; Germany seems to agree and there has been widespread boycotting of that vaccine which makes the overall vaccination program all the more difficult. Hungary has authorized Sputnik V for emergency use. What is happening in non-EU European countries, I don't know. Albania, anyone; Moldova?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 3:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 3:19 PM

OP, I'm in NW PA and people are getting vaccinated here. Some have traveled 50 miles to get it and some have traveled 1 mile to get it

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 3:26 PM

Germany is currently having the problem of people not wanting to take the vaccine available (the Oxford/Astrazeneca).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 3:30 PM

We are on a schedule. Young people (me) get vaccinated in April. Don't know about the rest of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 3:35 PM

R5 and that is their dear leader’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 3:35 PM

R4, I’m in Philly. We are fucked down here. Total incompetence reigns.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 3:36 PM

I’m in Philly, too. It’s a disaster because the city is running it. My younger coworkers in south Jersey are already scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 3:40 PM

Despite leaving the EU the UK is still part of Europe and our vaccination program is going well.

Currently 29% (more than 20 million) of the population have received at least one dose.

457 million doses have been ordered (plus 50 million CureVac for future variants), which works out to 9 shots each for every adult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 3:41 PM

UK here. I go tomorrow for my jab.

They're doing them by age and medical priority here. As my 92 year old dad's carer, at 55, I'm up next.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] What is happening in non-EU European countries, I don't know. Albania, anyone; Moldova?

You should have added UK to that list.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 3:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 3:53 PM

Switzerland has very few sites. It seems to me there are a couple sites in each state, not each city. Vaccinating the old and the waiting list is long. Everything is supposed to open again in March. I went shopping last weekend and couldn't figure it out. Most stores are closed except home improvement, pharmacies and supermarkets and hairdressers. Doctors and Dentists. But I went to the department stores and half were closed and half were completely open including non essential goods.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 3:58 PM

R14 Which canton are you in?

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Ohio

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Is that between Vaud and Valais?

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Europeans are so far up their own asses that they’re waiting for a “better” vaccine instead of taking the effective and safe one currently being offered to them. Not to mention France is ground zero for anti-vaxers

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2021 4:15 PM

Britain is doing a fantastic job, even hardcore anti Brexit people are acknowledging how well it's going.

It really is a fantastic effort and shows how government and the public sector can work with the private sector, something both right and left wing ideology opposes. There are also huge numbers of volunteers helping at the mass vaccination centres. NHS staff have come out of retirement to help out. It's like the 2012 Olympics all over again.

Even the Queen got involved to tell people they're selfish twats if they don't get vaccinated.

The vaccination programme is going so well that UEFA are considering asking the UK/England to host the European Championships in the summer. England has the stadiums and we have the vaccinated crowds to attend the matches. What happens with Europeans wanting to come to the UK with Europe's low vaccine rate is another question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2021 4:21 PM

Please stop calling it a jab, Brits. It sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2021 4:23 PM

I'll wait for real-world data about vaccine effectiveness rather than get a jab or two that may be completely useless.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2021 4:25 PM

I'm surprised by how badly it's going in Canada. I remember it was reported that the government had ordered 200 million doses for a population of 39M. This was contrasted with the low number of doses ordered by the Trump administration and its refusal to order an adequate amount. What happened up there?

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]Please stop calling it a jab, Brits. It sounds stupid.

Feel free to learn and communicate in another language other than English if you don't like colloquialisms.

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]This was contrasted with the low number of doses ordered by the Trump administration and its refusal to order an adequate amount. What happened up there?

One of the reasons the UK's programme is so successful is because there was a consideration throughout of what Trump would do if a successful vaccine was developed and the US tried to stop other countries from obtaining it, so the UK focused on working with the pharmaceutical companies to support manufacturing and supply chains. Meanwhile the European Union dithered.

With hindsight Canada should have done the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2021 4:39 PM

I had my flu jab in September too.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2021 4:45 PM

The French/German disinformation campaign against the AstraZeneca vaccine was not helpful. The EU is flush with that option but Europeans want the German (Pfizer/BionTech) or the American one (Moderna) instead.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2021 4:59 PM

I will write a longer reply when I am on my Laptop. Typing on my Phone is so cumbersome. Stay tuned, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2021 5:06 PM

Jab is little rattling to American ears because here "jab" implies some kink of rough or violent intent. I first became aware of its UK usage when Jose Mourinho sneaked his unvaccinated dog into the country from Portugal. All the talk about the dog needing to get jabbed... At first I didn't get it - why would someone want to hurt a dog? Then the context set in.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2021 5:09 PM

The dog had to be vaxxed against COVID?

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 5:14 PM

Jab>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>injection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shot. Cope.

[quote]The dog had to be vaxxed against COVID?

Against Mourinho.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 5:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 5:16 PM

The French/German disinformation campaign against the AstraZeneca vaccine was not helpful.

What was said about it? That it's not as effective for the elderly? Looking at the AstraZeneca effectiveness range of 62% - 90% doesn't inspire the same confidence as the 95% Pfizer and 90% Modena rates. Regardless, I'm one of the lowest priorities and I'll take whatever I can get here in California.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 5:16 PM

Jab sounds stupid. It’s a shot.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 5:20 PM

In Germany everything is done via fax machine. The country is much less efficient than seen from abroad.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote]The French/German disinformation campaign against the AstraZeneca vaccine was not helpful. The EU is flush with that option but Europeans want the German (Pfizer/BionTech) or the American one (Moderna) instead.

Flush? AstraZeneca is only delivering half the doses they promised of their second-rate vaccine, which in many European countries is only being administered to those under 65, due to lack of documentation of its effectiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 5:21 PM

The EU Commission was screaming about the supply shortages of AstraZeneca; now it turns out people in the EU don't want it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2021 5:30 PM

So far its only a few people in Germany, R37, but there have been numerous reports of people getting ill from it as well, so can you really blame them?

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 5:34 PM

Re Astrazeneca: "One dosing regimen showed 90% efficacy when a half-dose was followed by a full-dose after at least one month Another dosing regimen showed 62% efficacy when given as two full doses separated by at least one month."

Less is more.

It's the single does Johnson & Johnson shot which is going to be the game changer in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2021 5:36 PM

Had my jab Friday. Feel a little achey at the moment but nothing major. Everyone else has been pretty much the same. My sister who had the Pfizer jab spent a day in bed feeling unwell. That is the worst I have heard about and it was only one day.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2021 5:38 PM

So true r20. The British using the word jab makes this American cringe.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2021 5:40 PM

I had my first Moderna shot on Friday, and my elder goes on Wednesday for his second Pfizer shot. And this is in shitty Lousyana with all the deplorables. Then again, we have Democratic governor who is beyond competent, thank you John Belle Edwards!

Speaking of deplorables, it's really amusing to see them whining about getting a vax here which was probably the fastest in the south, and lining up like lemmings for something they didn't believe was happening. I hate them so much.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2021 5:51 PM

My husband had AstraZeneca first shot and was in bed with a fever for a day after. Completely recovered now.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2021 5:57 PM

Go on and give us a fag, mate.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]So true [R20]. The British using the word jab makes this American cringe.

Get over it, Mary. We have to listen to you inserting the word "ass" all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2021 6:01 PM

The EU is a fucking useless beaurocracy.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2021 6:05 PM

I'm hoping they don't give my jab to me in the arse!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to my jab tomorrow. Fingers crossed 🤞 the most vulnerable get their jabs as quickly as possible given the spread and rise of new variants.

Once we've got the UK population done we can start helping out other countries with their vaccination programs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2021 6:07 PM

Jabs Army

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2021 6:11 PM

By April it will become clear just how ineffective in terms of actually giving people protection the British vaccination programme has been and just how effective both EU procurement and inoculation will be.

The EU was rightly complaining about being lied to by AstraZeneca and there was some dodgy stuff going on with supplies. But the US has even less of a good opinion of the AstraZeneca vaccine and won't be authorising it for a while, if at all. South Africa even sent its shipment of the AstraZeneca vaccine back because it was so useless!

The EU has way more people per capita fully vaccinated than the UK. The UK has 768,810 people fully vaccinated, France 1,560,575 and Germany 2,029,047. The UK has given almost 10 million Pfizer first doses and about 750,000 second doses. The highest-risk groups are being left only partly protected, and this is reflected in the modest drop in cases of those vaccinated in the UK while cases amongst those vaccinated in, e.g. Italy, have plummeted.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2021 6:12 PM

People from the country who gave the world TOTMOM and MATH doesn't have the right to lecture Britain on jabs.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2021 6:19 PM

"More than 20 million people in UK have had first dose of Covid vaccine"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2021 6:46 PM

COVID-19 vaccination rate worldwide as of Feb. 26, 2021, by country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote] The highest-risk groups are being left only partly protected, and this is reflected in the modest drop in cases of those vaccinated in the UK while cases amongst those vaccinated in, e.g. Italy, have plummeted.

That is incorrect. In the week to 22 Feb, Italy had 112,029 confirmed cases. In the UK for the same period the figure was 64,844.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote]By April it will become clear just how ineffective in terms of actually giving people protection the British vaccination programme has been and just how effective both EU procurement and inoculation will be.

Shut up R49 - you know NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2021 7:19 PM

The UK doesn't really count as 'Europe' anymore THANK GOD, but I can go get one next week if I want. I am 52. I am part of an ongoing vaccine trial, however, so I would feel a little guilty if I cut out and went for an already-approved one. I told them I would think about it over the weekend. What can I say, bitches? It's nice to have choices.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2021 7:20 PM

R49 is a troll who repeatedly lies about Britain's vaccine programme and the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

There's a very small number of vaccine truthers (of which he is one) who insist that no one is fully vaccinated until they have both jabs and therefore has no real protection from the virus, therefore Britain is doing really badly by having vaccinated 20 million with a first dose but a smaller number with the second.

The fact that infections, severe illness, hospitalisation and deaths have been shown to decrease significantly with the first dose means Britain have taken the right step. In European countries the 2 dose programme means more vulnerable people are waiting much longer for any protection from the virus.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2021 7:26 PM

R56 Is he the last hardcore Remainer, do you think? Or do you think he is Ursula van der Lederhosen herself?

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2021 7:28 PM

R20 only speaks American.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote][R56] Is he the last hardcore Remainer, do you think? Or do you think he is Ursula van der Lederhosen herself?

She's a trouble maker, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Maybe she has Brexit Derangement Syndrome, or maybe she's just a hardcore anti-vaxxer trying to stop people from getting jabbed.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2021 7:36 PM

R47 Why should we help anyone else, other than the poorer countries of the Commonwealth? Australia, Canada, and New Zealand can GO HANG. No one helped us. We need to look after our own.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote][R47] Why should we help anyone else, other than the poorer countries of the Commonwealth? Australia, Canada, and New Zealand can GO HANG. No one helped us. We need to look after our own.

You're in a minority. More than two thirds of Britons want to share our surplus vaccines with the rest of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2021 7:44 PM

R61 What a fucking bitch you are!

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2021 7:45 PM

Do you mind helping France so I can go on my planned trip there?

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2021 7:45 PM

R62 and R63 I said we should help the poorer countries of the Commonwealth. Are you suggesting rich, incompetent countries like Canada, Australia, Germany, France, etc should be helped before them? If so, please explain. If not, please apologise.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2021 7:58 PM

Well calling it a "shot" sounds just as stupid. Of course, you Americans are used to people getting shot, so it makes sense that you'd prefer the term shot over jab.

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2021 8:15 PM

R66 Well said, my bitch!

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2021 8:23 PM

On whatever metric, be it positive tests, hospital admissions or deaths, we're seeing declining numbers.

Much of that is to do both with lockdown and with vaccinations. Studies continue, but the signs are positive and encouraging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2021 8:45 PM

Those are impressive figures R68, let's hope they are the result of the vaxx.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2021 10:25 PM

Well they're monitoring very carefully ATM, so let's hope so.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2021 10:27 PM

Did GGG get laid yet or is he blaming the lack of vaxxine?

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2021 11:38 PM

GGG en portrait

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote][R62] and [R63] I said we should help the poorer countries of the Commonwealth. Are you suggesting rich, incompetent countries like Canada, Australia, Germany, France, etc should be helped before them? If so, please explain. If not, please apologise.

There are a lot of poor countries that aren't part of the Commonwealth that Britain should be helping out with vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2021 7:07 AM

It's worrying that Commonwealth countries like Tanzania are resistant to vaccination and the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2021 8:49 AM

Why, R73? Surely it would make sense to work with and in countries with an existing role and historic connections? The UK can't cover everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2021 9:36 AM

I'm an early-30s Brit with a congenital heart defect and I had my first jab - sorry, Americans, "shot" - in February. It was AstraZeneca. Both my parents are done and some of my work colleagues, too. One of my friends in France hasn't had a single member of his family vaccinated yet, even though his parents are in their early 70s.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2021 9:50 AM

Bonnie Tyler has spent lockdown in Portugal and she's on British TV complaining that she hasn't had her vaccine yet!

by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2021 10:19 AM

R73 Family comes first. The Commonwealth is family. Rich family shouldn't get help, even if their vaccine procurment programmes have been a disaster (Canada, I'm looking at youuuu). After family, neighbours should be next, but as with Canada, our neighbours in the EU are rich and incompetent, and given how bitchy they've been lately, they don't deserve our help either. I don't really see why the UK should be airlifting vaccines to the likes of, say, Peru or Mali. Those countries are not in our sphere of influence, although helping Mali would probably anger the French, so that might make it worth doing.

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2021 10:57 AM

In Australia only the lucky, or the elites, are getting the Pfizer vax. The rest of us peons will be jabbed with AstraZeneca and we’ll like it or else we’ll never be allowed to leave the continent.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2021 11:01 AM

Is Romania guy still alive?

If so, tell us how it's going there.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Just shows how Canada is all talk with nothing to back it up. Like a little rat dog nipping at your heels.

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2021 11:17 AM

R81 Exactly. Canada went crazy for lockdowns, masks and closing schools, a clear indicator that freedom and common sense aren't that important to them. But why fuck up the vaccine procurement? The countries that are doing well - Israel, the UK - put in orders before regulatory approval, so they were first in line when approval came. Was it beyond the wit of Canadians to do something similar? We all know their Prime Minister hasn't got two brain cells to rub together, but surely there must be people in government up there who know how to handle things?

I hope the US doesn't help them out at all. Like a yappy little dog that has made a mess, Canada should have its nose rubbed in it.

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2021 11:21 AM

Been living in Germany for 8 years now, amazed at the total lack of the ones (in)famous order and organisation. Can't wait to get my jab, but probably won't receive the "invitation" until we're well into summer.

Things aren't much better in my home country (The Netherlands), surprised by how well the Brits are handling their vaccination programme. Who would've thought?

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2021 11:25 AM

I'm not Romania guy, but I have a close friend there and have visited several times over the years, so I keep a pulse on life in Cluj-Napoca...

Nobody has mentioned anything about vaccines. There was a lockdown and things are opening up with precautions in-place, but a vaccine rollout plan isn't a topic of discussion. That said, even in the best of times Romania has a pitiful healthcare system.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2021 11:36 AM

R84, thanks for checking in with us.

I have enjoyed Romania guy's posts about his life there (he's American working there), and I am hoping he's still kicking.

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2021 11:43 AM

[Quote] Please stop calling it a jab, Brits. It sounds stupid.

Poke?

[Quote] Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Etc.

Poke poke poke poke poke aaaaahhh....

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2021 11:58 AM

The vaccine doesn't stop the spreading of Coronavirus. It helps your body fight the attack and prevent more serious forms of the disease. That's all it does. It's an individual protection that will still mean people who have been vaccinated may catch the disease (in its milder forms), and be contagious. If you catch the disease from a person who has been vaccinated, but you have not received the vaccine yourself, then you are at risk of developing a serious form of Covid. Mask up, people. Even with the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2021 12:08 PM

I’m in the UK, 45 years old and have been invited to get my jab next week. I’m astonished how fast Things are moving. Most of my neighbours (all older than me) have been vaccinated already. I feel slightly guilty about being invited so fast, as I am sure it is because I am fat, but I feel really grateful.

The irony in the UK is that the vaccine roll-out is such a success because the NHS has been in charge of it.

It’s wonderful to finally see things start to get better. And I hope by summer the UK can start shipping its surplus vaccine supplies to whoever needs them. We really need to see this as a global effort.

by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2021 12:19 PM

It's embarrassing in Canada. The USA next door won't ship us any vaccine. Neither will the UK. So much for centuries of good relations and shared histories. The EU is short themselves to provide us with enough. Trudeau literally had to beg a third world country India for a third rate vaccine to help save the vulnerable in Canada. The Liberals in entrenched in power think being a post-modern woke state is more important than making stuff, like bio-tech to save the lives of Canadians, They wouldn't even close the borders until it was too late calling it racist. But Canadians keep voting these woketard clowns back in. I want to move.

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] Those are impressive figures [R68], let's hope they are the result of the vaxx.

Huh, R69? If the declining covid numbers in UK were not the result of the vaxx, that would be something bad?

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2021 12:37 PM

R83 That is because we are a leading country in genome sequencing and medical research more broadly. We also escaped the dead hand of the EU.

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2021 12:39 PM

EU have made a bollix of things.

Irish here, 99.5% of received vaccine has been used, problems with supply.

Mediocrity at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2021 12:43 PM

R91 Everything you said is true.

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2021 12:45 PM

Canada, Germany, et al: Haha! Look at how many people in the US and UK have COVID! We've done so much better handling the situation!

[The US and UK prioritize vaccinating their populations before shipping excess doeses]

Also Canada, Germany, et al: Why are the US and UK being so selfish with their vaccines?!

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2021 12:48 PM

My cousin lives in Lisbon and she said that only 5% of Portugal's 10M people have been vaccinated. I'm not sure how that measures up with the US in terms of percentage, but it doesn't seem that far off.

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2021 12:52 PM

I don't know anyone who has been vaccinated who isn't elderly.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2021 1:00 PM

R90, if the declining covid numbers in UK are the the result of the vaccine, then it means the world in general has an excellent grounds to hope that the vaccine is a route out of the pandemic. If the declining covid numbers are due to something else, then that hope is less certain.

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2021 1:05 PM

R95: 48.9M people in the USA have been vaccinated, or 15% of the total population. Trying to compare the 3rd most populous country in the world to the 88th is like comparing apples and oranges. The US vaccinates the equivalent of 10% of Portugal's population PER DAY.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2021 1:06 PM

Meanwhile, in Sweden...

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2021 1:22 PM

20% of UK population has been vaccinated already.

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]20% of UK population has been vaccinated already.

The Brexiteers are crowing vindication following the E.U.'s shambolic vaccine rollout.

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2021 1:33 PM

Interesting that the highest rates for vaccination in Europe is Serbia which is also not an EU country.

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2021 2:01 PM

R100 We're over 30% now.

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2021 2:06 PM

[Quote] I feel slightly guilty about being invited so fast, as I am sure it is because I am fat

I hope you feel guilty for being fat.

by Anonymousreply 104March 1, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote][R100] We're over 30% now.

And to think that the relatively slow pace so far is because there has been a focus on the elderly and vulnerable who need extra care and attention.

The vaccine centres are making improvements all the time and streamlining the process. When the next big push comes they will be able to vaccinate more people each day. In the biggest cities I wouldn't be surprised if they open 24 hours a day for a week or fortnight to cope with demand. It really looks likely that everyone who wants a vaccine in Britain will be able to get one by June 21st.

by Anonymousreply 105March 1, 2021 2:21 PM

Looks like Brexit may have been a good thing after all.

by Anonymousreply 106March 1, 2021 2:30 PM

R105 June 21 is a very easy target that was only set in order to beat it easily. Given how well things are going, we might have everyone in the UK done by the end of April. It is shocking that there are rich countries who will still be just getting started by that time.

by Anonymousreply 107March 1, 2021 2:55 PM

R106 Brexit has nothing to do with the vaccine rollout.

by Anonymousreply 108March 1, 2021 2:57 PM

R108 Yes it does. We chose to go it alone rather than go along with the EU's vaccine procurement programme. It is a perfect illustration of how it is better to be independent of that monstrosity than be one of its members.

by Anonymousreply 109March 1, 2021 3:27 PM

At my doctor's surgery we were allocated 10 minute slots for a chat before the vaccination, answering questions and having the opportunity to ask questions of our own. I was in and out in 3 minutes! It's super efficient.

I don't have any concerns about having AstraZeneca, either - the latest Scottish studies prove it's even more effective at reducing hospitalisations than Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 110March 1, 2021 3:38 PM

The 30% UK vaccination rate quoted above is misleading, because most if not all of those people are only half vaccinated, having received only the first dose of the two-step AZ vaccine (in defiance of medical recommendations, but specifically to give BoJo and the Brexiteers something positive to bang on about).

by Anonymousreply 111March 1, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote][R108] Yes it does. We chose to go it alone rather than go along with the EU's vaccine procurement programme. It is a perfect illustration of how it is better to be independent of that monstrosity than be one of its members.

What Britain would have done with regard to the vaccine programme if we'd still been members of the European Union is very speculative.

There's an argument that most leaders wouldn't have wanted to cause a split and would have signed up to the EU's procurement programme.

Most pro Europeans were repeatedly attacking the UK Government on its vaccine policy, including the personal attacks on Kate Bingham who turned out to be an undisputed hero.

The only thing thing we can know for sure is that had Jeremy Corbyn been Prime Minister he'd have refused to engage with any big pharmaceutical companies and tried to nationalise vaccine production plants and create an organic vaccine ensuring that no Israeli technology was involved.

by Anonymousreply 112March 1, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote]The 30% UK vaccination rate quoted above is misleading, because most if not all of those people are only half vaccinated, having received only the first dose of the two-step AZ vaccine (in defiance of medical recommendations, but specifically to give BoJo and the Brexiteers something positive to bang on about).

It's the BUT YOU'RE NOT REALLY VACCINATED UNTIL YOU HAVE BOTH DOSES hysterical queen.

All the evidence shows a huge amount of protection from the virus after the first dose, and prioritising the first dose for 30% of the population rather than giving 5% of the population both doses in the same amount of time is going to save people from getting severe illness, hospitalisation and death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 1, 2021 3:56 PM

Btw to any British or British adjacent people have a bit of a crush on JVT?

by Anonymousreply 114March 1, 2021 4:52 PM

Portugal and Ireland are far from being bottom of the list and are well ahead of Canada. If the UK and the US are not sending vaccines to Canada it may be because their domestic efforts are far from over. Here in FL, only over-65s are being vaccinated as a rule and I await my turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2021 5:59 PM

R97 the UK is gradually leaving a strict lockdown they started early January (children at home etc). that might be the reason behind the good number.

France should have had their own vaccine, but it failed due to 2 scientists who had an ego problem... so when the UK didn't delivered the dose the EU ordered, it started to get ugly. The Aztra is being used for the under 65 with health pb, shot done by GPs, the over 75 are getting Pfizer or Moderna since January the 18th in local places run by cities. the 65-75 are waiting their turn.

If you have a specific health pb, you can ask to get vaccinated with the over 75 (Pfizer/Moderna), my friend is in her 30 and has crohn's disease, she has an appointment for next month.

by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2021 6:36 PM

I got poked in January. We both did but didn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Actually, France has just extended the use of the Covid AstraZeneca vaccine from the age of 65 to 75, not beyond.

This exactly on the day in which newly released England data show that Covid hospitalizations of over-80 people are slashed by 80% after 1 dose of Oxford vaccine 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2021 7:45 PM

AstraZeneca is also cheap and can be kept in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2021 8:12 PM

I had the AstraZeneca with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2021 8:13 PM

I prefer it with claret.

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2021 8:17 PM

The BBC says 'jab'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2021 8:46 PM

They also say shit like, "The Duke of Edinburgh is in hospital," but it ain't gonna happen!!!

by Anonymousreply 123March 2, 2021 1:24 AM

Well I had my jab earlier today at the Vaccination Centre in my city in the UK today. I'm 55 and I care for my 92 year old dad. I had my letter inviting me to be vaccinated last week. I did the booking online on Friday.

Very straightforward. Arrived at the centre. Gave my name. Joined a short queue. Hand sanitizer, temperature check, new medical grade mask given. Completed a short form. Then called forward to see the vaccinator. She was a lovely nurse in mask and face shield. She asked me about any previous health conditions or medications being taken. Had I had any Covid symptoms in the last month? All very straightforward. Then she offered me information about the vaccine. And finally warned me that it might be a bit cold on injection. She was friendly, professional and caring. I asked her what speciality she worked in and she told me that she worked with children with learning disabilities. There were plenty of doctors on hand to monitor the vaccinations.

I got the Astra Zenica vaccine. I've not had any side effects since having it 12 hours ago. I feel completely fine. The vaccination is completely free here in the UK.

I would urge you all to take the vaccine when your time comes to be called forward for yours.

by Anonymousreply 124March 2, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote] The vaccination is completely free here in the UK.

Total lie. The NHS costs a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 125March 2, 2021 10:28 AM

"when your time comes to be called forward for yours"

menacing!

by Anonymousreply 126March 2, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote] I would urge you all to take the vaccine when your time comes to be called forward for yours.

Thus spake Professor Tam-Van d'Carousel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 2, 2021 10:45 AM

[quote]Total lie. The NHS costs a fortune.

The US spends more than twice per person on healthcare than the UK.

by Anonymousreply 128March 2, 2021 10:48 AM

The US is fucked when it comes to healthcare costs.

Still a total lie: "The vaccination is completely free here in the UK." Only a total gobshite ignoramus from Liverpool who had never worked in her life would say such an ignorant thing.

by Anonymousreply 129March 2, 2021 10:55 AM

R127 I too thought of Carousel when I saw that comment, so I am pleased that you posted a Logan's Run reference.

by Anonymousreply 130March 2, 2021 11:02 AM

Here in Canada, we are legendarily fucked. Apparently we are eventually going to get a shitload of AstraZeneca which I, for one, do not want to take. I want the real shit.

by Anonymousreply 131March 2, 2021 11:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 2, 2021 11:13 AM

The vaccine is paid for by the gubmint so no facility administering the vaccine should be trying to withhold it to get their extortionate bills paid. Attorneys-General please take note (I assume a lot of you are on this site).

by Anonymousreply 133March 2, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote]Here in Canada, we are legendarily fucked. Apparently we are eventually going to get a shitload of AstraZeneca which I, for one, do not want to take. I want the real shit.

First there were the anti vaxxers.

Then there were the vaccine nationalists.

And now we have the vaccine snobs.

JUST GET THE FUCKING VACCINE AND GET ON WITH YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 134March 2, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote] JUST GET THE FUCKING VACCINE AND GET ON WITH YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

Calm down dear. Get the concierge to fist you.

by Anonymousreply 135March 2, 2021 11:32 AM

Here’s the NPR investigation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 2, 2021 12:16 PM

R132 poor guy has cancer and they’re trying to not give him a vaccine that the government paid for? What a mess our healthcare system is

by Anonymousreply 137March 2, 2021 1:35 PM

I’m in the UK, got the OX/AZ vaccine last week. 1st shot.

by Anonymousreply 138March 2, 2021 1:40 PM

R137, that doesn’t represent OUR healthcare system. I live in the DC area and nobody I know has had to pay for it. Local health departments are administering vaccines for free...

by Anonymousreply 139March 2, 2021 2:17 PM

UK healthcare is 'free at the point of care' - that is what people mean when they say it's free. There's no need to burst a gasket.. We all know it's paid for out of taxation and no-one is trying to deny that.

by Anonymousreply 140March 2, 2021 3:02 PM

E.U. countries are breaking ranks and ordering the Russian vaccine Sputnik V.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 2, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote] 'free at the point of care'

More lies. There are prescription charges, dental charges, GP charges eg for a letter or copy records etc.

by Anonymousreply 142March 2, 2021 7:03 PM

Dearest UK...please call it whatever you like.

by Anonymousreply 143March 2, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote]More lies. There are prescription charges, dental charges, GP charges eg for a letter or copy records etc.

90% of people in England don't pay for prescriptions and they are free in Scotland and Wales. Certain drugs like the contraceptive pill and prep are free.

Dental charges don't apply for vulnerable groups - children, pregnant women and those on benefits - and emergency dental work under taken in hospitals is free at the point of care

GP practices will charge for administration costs, e.g. getting a copy of a report for you to give to an insurance company or getting vaccines if travelling abroad.

The NHS has its flaws but I'd rather have it than the US system.

by Anonymousreply 144March 2, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote] The NHS has its flaws but I'd rather have it than the US system.

We would, too.

by Anonymousreply 145March 2, 2021 8:23 PM

Death panels

by Anonymousreply 146March 2, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote]Death panels

Can you elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 147March 2, 2021 8:29 PM

'Death Panels' are the very definition of fake news, started by none other than thick-as-shit bitch Sarah Palin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 2, 2021 9:34 PM

R141 I wish everything east of Germany, Austria and Italy was NOT part of the EU..

by Anonymousreply 149March 2, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote] With hindsight Canada should have done the same.

In hindsight former PM Stephen Harper shouldn’t have sold off Canada’s vaccine production facilities. A new factory is under construction now near Montreal but won’t be ready until fall.

In the meantime vaccines have started to pour in after some delays from Pfizer, Moderna and Astra-Zeneca, and soon J&J. We’ll be fine.

Oh and my mom and everyone in her retirement home received their SECOND doses nearly a month ago. One of my coworkers (age 29) who has mild asthma was able to make an appointment for a shot next week. So it’s not like no one has been vaccinated or can’t get vaccinated if they really need to.

by Anonymousreply 150March 3, 2021 2:08 AM

R129 In France, we don't have to give a penny to get the vaccin, is the phrasing better for you? We know the Securité Social cost a fortune, and it's in deficit every years for decades (the deficit is paid by tax money) but at least you are sure to get access to a minimum a health care even if you have no income. You want a maximum of people to have access to health care, especially when there is a pandemie: It would be pointless to only vaccin people who can afford it. If we want to empty the hospitals and have a minimum of collective "immunity".

by Anonymousreply 151March 3, 2021 5:32 AM

Germany's bureaucracy is killing the rollout and the vaccine is being destroyed at the end of the day. They only allow those in group one access and when they do not show the refuse the vaccine to others and destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 152March 3, 2021 7:54 AM

[quote][R141] I wish everything east of Germany, Austria and Italy was NOT part of the EU..

Interesting because in addition to Eastern Europe, Austria has already ordered Sputnik V, Italy has expressed interest and is sending two experts to monitor the manufacture in Moscow and Germany has stated it's not opposed.

by Anonymousreply 153March 3, 2021 10:29 AM

Oh, but I wasn’t talking about the vaccine programme, R153

by Anonymousreply 154March 3, 2021 10:49 AM

R150 The UK was able to build a vaccine production facility in 2 months. I suppose the Canadian construction managers needed to find at least 50% female 'representation' as well as enough visible minorities and of course, trannies. What on earth is going on in Canada and why aren't Canadians angry about it?

by Anonymousreply 155March 3, 2021 11:12 AM

Where in PA, OP? I'm in the Eastern part, and we had plenty, though now we have only the Second Dose available (at least, through my city website.).

by Anonymousreply 156March 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Philly, R156. The vaccine here has been restricted to 1A, and even that has been extremely difficult to get. Plus, Philly partnered with a guy in college to deliver a large part of our vaccination program, and that imploded spectacularly.

I understand that upstate PA has much more vaccine available.

by Anonymousreply 157March 3, 2021 12:02 PM

Bizarre to me that Americans have an issue with calling an injection a jab but see nothing wrong with calling it a 'shot' which we don't use, and sounds particularly weird considering the American obsession with guns. But go off sis.

The UK is doing pretty well at the vaccination drive, but I think that is down to the NHS not the government. They of course will take the credit for it though - anything to distract from their constant failures and corruption.

I haven't got a date for mine yet but expecting it to be June/July at the current rate.

by Anonymousreply 158March 3, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote]Oh, but I wasn’t talking about the vaccine programme

Gotcha! r154 😀

Anyway, how times have changed. As a Gen Xer who went to grad school for European Studies, I've seen the E.U. go from near-frantic expansion, enthusiastically gobbling up every new "democracy" in Eastern Europe (wasn't Turkey a serious candidate to join at some point?), to now wishing it had remained a smaller Western European organisation. Hungary and Poland have proved especially problematic. All this whilst, paradoxically, doing everything in its power to stop the U.K. from leaving (I remember European leaders literally begging the Brits not to go).

Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 159March 3, 2021 12:28 PM

[QUOTE]The UK is doing pretty well at the vaccination drive, but I think that is down to the NHS not the government. They of course will take the credit for it though - anything to distract from their constant failures and corruption.

The NHS wouldn't have any vaccines to give people if the government hadn't put the work in to support the manufacturing and supply chains.

I'll hold the government responsible for the cronyism and appalling short term contracts for PPE provision and I'll hold them to the same standards over vaccines

I'll hold the government responsible for the high death levels, but also for the high vaccine levels.

by Anonymousreply 160March 3, 2021 2:05 PM

R158 The NHS has been absolutely rubbish from the start with this crisis. They couldn't even get their own emergency hospitals set up - the army had to do it. They were unable to procure sufficient PPE in an acceptable timeframe - the government had to do that for them. There is no way the NHS would have had the foresight to order multiple vaccines before they passed the testing stage, but luckily the government did that as well. And don't get me started on the estimates that show up to one-third of all Covid infections occur IN HOSPITAL. The NHS is absolutely awful.

by Anonymousreply 161March 3, 2021 2:12 PM

R159 - I'm not even sure what to think anymore. I voted 'remain' and was pretty staunch about it, but there have been a few instances when I've wondered if Brexiteers might've been right all along. But not Farage; never Farage. I'd tell that monumental sack of shit to jump off a bridge, but I wouldn't want him polluting our waters.

by Anonymousreply 162March 3, 2021 5:02 PM

R159 I am a staunch believer in the European Union as an economical block — but not as a social union. Sure, whenever there is moving of goods across borders, social questions will follow suit, but I still believe all countries would have been better off without the EU acting as a toothless paper tiger.

The only people who call themselves Europeans are the Germans; they have a lot to gain from a vague 'umbrella identity'.

by Anonymousreply 163March 3, 2021 7:18 PM

I'm really impressed with the UK lately. Conservative majority, Brexit completed and immediately proven life-saving. And they nailed the vaccine production and rollout. Canada is a joke in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 164March 3, 2021 8:02 PM

R162 I remember last March when Italy was being ravaged by the virus and it birthed a fledgeling Italexit trend as they felt abandoned by the European Union. It's crises like this that makes people ask how the union benefits them. I agree with r163 the Germans have the most to gain.

by Anonymousreply 165March 4, 2021 3:25 AM

The EU seems to care more about third world immigrants than it does their own citizens.

by Anonymousreply 166March 4, 2021 5:39 AM

Yes, its leaders are suffering from the white saviour complex

by Anonymousreply 167March 4, 2021 8:18 AM

Here's one of those videos Italians were making last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 4, 2021 8:49 AM

Oh look, the Brexiteer trolls are back again. Guess they have a lot of time on their hands under the UK lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 169March 4, 2021 11:28 AM

The Pansexual Liberal Democrat was on tv today trying to make a point that the EU vaccine procurement programme would have been more successful if Britain was still in the EU because we'd have been able to influence it.

I'd like to think that was true.

Germany has now approved AstraZeneca for over 65s.

by Anonymousreply 170March 4, 2021 4:17 PM

Italy bans vaccine exports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 4, 2021 4:49 PM

The EU say AstraZeneca is sub-standard but won't let it go out of the EU to a country that wants it!

by Anonymousreply 172March 4, 2021 4:54 PM

R170 It's not our job to save Europe. Been there, done that. I pity the people of Europe, of course, but they need to man up and do their own exitty thing. I hope the vaccine debacle helps them to see that the EU needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 173March 4, 2021 5:03 PM

R173 If it's not your job to save Europe, it's certainly not your job to tell them the EU should end. Not every country aspires to be like the US, especially these days.

by Anonymousreply 174March 4, 2021 9:52 PM

The US is now vaccinating over 2,000,000 per day. How’s it going in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 175March 4, 2021 9:58 PM

I'm in the US. Still no vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 176March 4, 2021 10:24 PM

Bumb

by Anonymousreply 177March 5, 2021 4:49 AM

Germany has "closed" the border with France because the number of case in Moselle is too high. Everybody does what he wants in EU, in the end we are still in charge, an "in control" despite what the british media say about EU.

You guys know that the NHS's finance is budgeted by the british government? It's been underfunded for decade before the covid, but millions were "given" to friends of government for "PPE contracts"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 5, 2021 5:38 AM

The US is doing pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 6, 2021 2:30 AM

Serbia, another non- EU European country doing well proves the EU really is a ball and chain.

[quote]Serbia's US-educated prime minister was the first European leader to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The country's Russophile internal affairs minister rolled up his sleeve for an armful of Sputnik V. And the health minister happily posed for his injection with Sinopharm's coronavirus shot.

[quote]While the prime minister may insist there is no room for geopolitics when it comes to coronavirus, Belgrade's warm relations with Beijing and Moscow have undoubtedly helped bring in quantities of vaccine that EU countries can only envy. "We are not an EU member, and with all the solidarity there is in the EU, we are bound to be the last to get the vaccines from the EU.

All this while the EU was play geopolitics with vaccines to the point of vilifying the AstraZeneca vaccine us ineffective. If the Lancet says Sputnik V is over 90% effective and probably in the top 2 or 3 of best vaccines so far, I'd order it fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 6, 2021 4:23 AM

Chile is another country that's doing better than the EU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 6, 2021 4:25 AM

Vaccine diplomacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 6, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote] Canada went crazy for .... masks ..... a clear indicator that freedom and common sense aren't that important to them.

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 183March 6, 2021 4:21 PM

Sex holiday to Serbia this summer!!!

by Anonymousreply 184March 6, 2021 4:24 PM

R182 Let's have the full quote, shall we?

[quote] Canada went crazy for lockdowns, masks and closing schools...

Why do you feel the need to lie and distort? By the way, if you really think your mask is protecting anyone, I just hope to God you're staying away from the elderly and vulnerable, because masks are utterly useless.

by Anonymousreply 185March 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Oooops, I meant R183 !!

by Anonymousreply 186March 6, 2021 5:23 PM

I'm in Madrid, Spain and I got my vaccine shot yesterday. My arm is a little sore, but as of now, I'm not having any side effects.

by Anonymousreply 187March 6, 2021 5:24 PM

There was no lie nor distortion, save yours. That you dismiss the efficacy of makes is idiotic. The science says as much.

by Anonymousreply 188March 6, 2021 6:52 PM

No. My dad is 75 with underlying health issues. He still hasn't gotten his vaccine shot yet.

by Anonymousreply 189March 6, 2021 7:15 PM

"Italy’s ban on AstraZeneca exports to Australia raises fears of vaccine nationalism"

Italy acted under an EU mechanism to impose the ban. The EU was meant to be the end of nationalism!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 6, 2021 7:31 PM

"Concerns in Europe about the AstraZeneca shot’s efficacy for the older population have resulted in several million doses still remaining unused in the EU."

That's from the link at R190. If they don't want to use AstraZeneca in the EU then why not let the Australians have it? This appears to be typical gesture politics by the Italian govt.

by Anonymousreply 191March 6, 2021 7:38 PM

I just want to thank the Biden administration for getting the US Covid vaccine distribution on track. They have made more progress in 6 weeks than dump made in a year.

by Anonymousreply 192March 6, 2021 9:06 PM

R192 The Trump administration procured the vaccines, you idiot. Do you think Biden just suddenly thought 'Hey why don't we just order a bunch of Covid vaccine for next-day delivery?'.

by Anonymousreply 193March 6, 2021 10:06 PM

"EU reportedly seeks access to U.S. produced AstraZeneca vaccines" - link

For a vaccine which has been trashed by both the French and the Germans, AstraZeneca sure is a vaccine the EU is keen to procure. They may be in luck: AZ is not approved in the US; if it is then it will be used in the US first, according to federal government policy. I am assuming it will be approved as the US has ordered 300m shots of AZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 6, 2021 10:29 PM

Ursula von der Leyen's credibility is wearing thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195March 7, 2021 1:21 AM

Apart from the UK and Serbia, no one is getting vaccinated much in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 196March 7, 2021 1:37 AM

dump made some “deals” that were not sufficient- he canceled a second order of vaccines and he sure as hell had no plans for distribution. So yes, the Biden administration has put the train on the track.

by Anonymousreply 197March 7, 2021 3:29 AM

Trump had no plan. Thank god Biden's in charge now.

by Anonymousreply 198March 7, 2021 3:30 AM

r195 I'd say Ursula von der Leyen's credibility is already shot.

by Anonymousreply 199March 7, 2021 7:06 AM

R185 in France, I wish they would close school and go for virtual class, the mask is not useless, but clearly not enough to protect from the variant anglais (yes, we blame the English for this one... just like the syphilis was the French disease for the English, the English disease for the Scottish, etc...) Class are crowded, they still eat together at the cantine etc...

by Anonymousreply 200March 7, 2021 7:16 AM

Schools reopen in England tomorrow. There's going to be testing in the schools but hopefully the vaccine roll out has protected enough of the vulnerable population. Vaccines are also being trialled on children. Kids are given either the Covid vaccine or a meningitis vaccine.

The UK is now on track to vaccine everyone within the next 3 months ahead of opening back up in June.

by Anonymousreply 201March 7, 2021 7:26 AM

Do the different scientists take their doses and see who can make it around a track fastest in “vaccine race?”

by Anonymousreply 202March 7, 2021 7:54 AM

Why would we export vaccin to Australia when they are very in control of the virus? They don't have to wear mask and they have very strict quarantine for people arriving. Australians who want to leave have to get an authorization before leaving.

by Anonymousreply 203March 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Have there been any tests on how effective the Russian vaccine is that Eastern Europe is apparently shooting up with now?

by Anonymousreply 204March 7, 2021 8:55 AM

I am German and had breast cancer. So I am in group 2 for the vaccine. I got my first AstraZeneca shot yesterday. And I am very happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 205March 7, 2021 8:56 AM

[quote] E.U. countries are breaking ranks and ordering the Russian vaccine Sputnik V.

Fair enough, any port in a storm. The problem with that is supply. The Russians cannot even make enough for themselves and having systematically rubbished Western vaccines (Putin recently lied about Pfizer's on air) to increase the market for Sputnik they find their own people want nothing to do with any vaccine.

Officially, Russia has given 4% of its population at least one dose but that is almost certainly as gross an overstatement as the official infection and death figures are understated. Currently, excess deaths are running at over three times the official Covid toll.

Every wealthy country should be investing in mass production facilities of its own. We shall be jabbing for years to come for this and probably other viruses and this slipshod approach to procurement must never happen again.

by Anonymousreply 206March 7, 2021 9:37 AM

^ Forgive me if I take European opinions of Russia with a grain of salt after their botched propaganda campaigns against Sputnik V AND AstraZeneca.

by Anonymousreply 207March 7, 2021 11:07 AM

Italians have said, "fuck it". They're manufacturing the Russian vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 9, 2021 3:56 PM

No. My dad is 75 and he hasn't gotten his vaccine shot yet.

by Anonymousreply 209March 9, 2021 3:57 PM

The EU seeks scapegoats: "UK slams EU over ‘completely false’ claim of ban on vaccine exports. Accusations against US as well highlight growing tensions over coronavirus jab supplies"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 9, 2021 7:39 PM

Russia to the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 9, 2021 8:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 9, 2021 8:48 PM

Another, rather different collection of stats on vaccination progress by country:

Gibraltar. 46%

[U.S.]. 9.5%

Serbia. 9%

Switzerland 3.5%

Denmark. 3.5%

Greece 3%

Spain. 2.9%

Belgium 2.9%

Luxemburg. 2.3%

(Link requires some effort)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 9, 2021 9:14 PM

I had my first dose here in the UK yesterday. I’m glad I had it, but I’m really tired, my joint are aching and I feel a little congested.

by Anonymousreply 214March 9, 2021 9:27 PM

R214 can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 215March 9, 2021 9:37 PM

R214 my brother in law got the Aztra zeneca this week end, you should get paracetamol ! It should only last 24h.

by Anonymousreply 216March 10, 2021 5:28 AM

My arm is still hurting and I received my 1st dose last Saturday here in Madrid.

by Anonymousreply 217March 10, 2021 6:08 AM

[quote]Russia to the rescue.

That's gotta sting.

by Anonymousreply 218March 10, 2021 2:03 PM

I'm no longer confident that the Netherlands (where I live) will ever vaccinate anyone in 2021, so I'm considering flying to my family's home in FL to get a Publix vaccine once they get to 55+. You know it's bad when you're looking for the organized leadership of Ron DeSantis but Mark Rutte is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 219March 10, 2021 2:08 PM

R219 DeSantis has Taken Measures against vaccine tourism so watch out.

by Anonymousreply 220March 10, 2021 2:16 PM

How are Europeans doing with people choosing to pass on the vaccines? In Florida they've shown some absurd numbers (to me) of eligible groups like cops and firefighters who have chosen not to take the vaccine at this time, which I think has had some effect on how fast the state has been able to move on to opening up eligibility requirements, and I don't think it's because of a preference for Moderna/Pfizer vs AstraZeneca. Have European eligible groups been passing on their doses as well?

by Anonymousreply 221March 10, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote]DeSantis has Taken Measures against vaccine tourism so watch out.

How do they plan on enforcing it?

by Anonymousreply 222March 11, 2021 4:34 AM

R217 Covid arm can last for a couple of weeks in some people. Also they’re now saying swollen lymph nodes on the side you got the shot (underarm or above collarbone) are common and can last a month.

by Anonymousreply 223March 11, 2021 4:57 AM

It's quite shocking to actually see the statistics, the UK and US are far ahead in vaccination rate of all the major countries, and that's with the mess that Trump left. Is Europe stone cold crazy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 11, 2021 6:04 AM

It's the EU and the endless fuckery they cause. Brexit seems like it might've been a good thing after all.

by Anonymousreply 225March 11, 2021 6:13 AM

R221 in France some people working in medical fonction who are eligible to vaccination are not taking it, so we use their dose to accelerate the vaccination of the elderly. Some vaccination center are now open the week-end thanks to that. In the news they are talking about a fourth vaccin to be accepted.

by Anonymousreply 226March 11, 2021 6:42 AM

Even Turkey is doing better than most of the EU.

by Anonymousreply 227March 11, 2021 12:36 PM

"European Union regulator approves Johnson & Johnson's one-shot Covid-19 vaccine"

Hopefully that will speed things along in the EU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 11, 2021 2:00 PM

R222 You have to take your Florida ID/drivers license etc to the vaccination center.

by Anonymousreply 229March 11, 2021 2:02 PM

Excellent, R228.

If I look at the reports of what has been purchased, it's good news.

If I look at predictions for the rollout to reach anything remotely near 70% of the population, it's fucking 2022, and not January 1st either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 11, 2021 2:10 PM

I'm an American, currently working in Ireland. I was told that the UK has done quite well procuring the vaccine, as opposed to the European Union. This creates a situation where Ireland doesn't have enough vaccine, but Northern Ireland is doing much better.

by Anonymousreply 231March 11, 2021 2:11 PM

Africa has no health infrastructure to speak of. They're getting no vaccines. I keep waiting for the entire continent to get wiped out by Covid but it's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 232March 12, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote]I keep waiting for the entire continent [of Africa] to get wiped out by Covid but it's not happening.

Europe: 35M

N. America 35M

Asia 26M

S. America 19M

Oceania 52K

[bold]Africa 4M (1.5M in S. Africa)[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 233March 12, 2021 12:39 PM

^ The population of Africa is 1.2 billion. Meaning, out of South Africa, they're seeing very little Covid.

by Anonymousreply 234March 12, 2021 4:02 PM

Astra Zeneca is proving to be a disaster. Good. It’ll stop those limeys from bragging about how the UK is saving the world.

by Anonymousreply 235March 12, 2021 6:58 PM

People are openly refusing AstraZeneca.

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2021 10:17 AM

I'm in the UK and am booked in for next week. I'm in London, just turned 40 (but look 25) and have no underlying health problems so thought I'd be waiting a lot longer than this so I'm rather impressed.

I don't know which vaccine I'm getting yet and I don't really care. No vaccine is 100% effective and I'm just grateful to be getting whatever protection I can.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2021 10:28 AM

3 young people admitted to hospital here in Norway with bloodclot after getting the AZ-vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Article about 3 people with bloodclot after AZ-vaccine in Norway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2021 2:14 PM

MORE PEOPLE ARE DYING FROM ASTRA ZENECA THAN COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2021 2:15 PM

The AstraZeneca vaccine didn't invent the blood clot. You know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2021 2:18 PM

R241 Joke all you want but I just watched the press conference. The 3 people admitted to hospital in Norway with bloodclots are all young people and they are in a serious condition. They are very sick. They're health workers who got the vaccine. There might be a connection to the vaccine or not. We don't know yet. But if not it's one hell of a coincidence. 3 young people admitted with blood clots 2-10 days after the vaccine shot. Even the doctor said treating their condition was complicated due to the low level of blood plates and bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] "We do not know if the cases are linked to the vaccine," Sigurd Hortemo, a senior doctor at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, told a news conference on Saturday.

r239 You know you're probably the only person on this entire site who can read that link you keep posting right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2021 2:49 PM

30 incidents.

5 million vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote] On a work call with Italians and Germans on Friday, they were telling me how I was lucky to be in the US where we have so many people vaccinated.

0/10.

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2021 3:03 PM

Bloomberg posted an article about the risk of blood clots from the AZ-vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2021 4:36 PM

Article from Reuters about the blood clots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Yeah, not feeling too hot about Astra-Zeneca either – although one can’t help but wonder why the media seems to focus mostly on the (very few) incidents that are allegedly linked to AZ-vaccinations.

by Anonymousreply 248March 13, 2021 8:23 PM

AZ have had media problems from the start when they said their shots were only 65% effective vs. 90%+ for Pfizer and Moderna. Then AZ had to clarify that it was 90%+ for one and a half doses .... since then they've had a bad press.

by Anonymousreply 249March 13, 2021 9:49 PM

I’d be perfectly happy getting jabbed in the arse by Jose Mourinho. Accompanied by a few disdainful grunts, of course.

by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2021 10:03 PM

I'd fire the entire PR team if I were running AZ.

by Anonymousreply 251March 14, 2021 11:09 AM

The only slightly funny thing is, at one time it appeared that the European-developed AZ vaccine would be the first one out the gate. Europeans couldn’t resist gloating, forgetting that in the US, access to healthcare and the quality of our healthcare system are two different things. The US fucked up, but we were also the best equipped to develop an effective vaccine and only release it after meeting certain metrics.

by Anonymousreply 252March 14, 2021 2:34 PM

^ Excuse you?

by Anonymousreply 253March 14, 2021 4:38 PM

"Ireland suspends AstraZeneca Covid vaccine over blood clot concerns"

At this rate the health authorities are going to sue AZ for their money back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 14, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote]The US fucked up, but we were also the best equipped to develop an effective vaccine and only release it after meeting certain metrics.

It is at this juncture that I think it is incumbent on all of us to remind R252 that Moderna is a very minor player in the scheme of things and that the US assisted German BionTech vaccine was also suspected by those Norwegians in the sudden deaths of 23 care home residents. This didn't lead to a wholesale stoppage of vaccinations or badmouthing of Pfizer, however, since old people are surplus to requirements.

Shit always seems to happen in Norway. Nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 255March 14, 2021 11:14 PM

R255 Norway should join the EU, then things would go more smoothly.

by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2021 11:44 PM

^^They don't want to be flooded with third world migrants.

by Anonymousreply 257March 15, 2021 12:14 AM

R256 - what have the Norwegians ever done to you, to make you say such things?!

by Anonymousreply 258March 15, 2021 12:53 AM

"Experts urge Scots to continue getting AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine despite blood clot fears"

I assume Scotland is absolutely desperate, again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 15, 2021 2:48 AM

R255 and R256 Why would we join the EU? It's the EU that fucked up the vaccination. Norway made a deal with the EU to buy the vaccines through them. The vaccination is not going any quicker in other EU countries as they struggle with the same issue, they don't have enough doses. The EU is to blame for this. I'm convinced Norway would be doing much better right now if we had put money on the table and bought the vaccines ourselves, outside of the EU. Sadly our conservacunt EU-horny government didn't even consider it. They wanted to make a shitty deal with the EU instead. To them ideology trumps human lives. Thank god we have an election this fall. Can't wait to see these fuckers get fired.

by Anonymousreply 260March 15, 2021 5:39 AM

R256 Norway is part of the single market, they don't need to join the EU, they have what brexit was supposed to bring to UK, but the tories fucked up the british people by promising the single market and not putting it in the negotiation, as a result they now have to spend a small fortune in paper work to be able to export. Some business have already closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 261March 15, 2021 6:21 AM

UK to EU Exports down 40% in January.

Some sectors like fish down 80%

At least Boris can rely on Vaccine rollout and Meghan and lefty demonstrators to mask the terrible economic damage being caused by shitty Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 262March 15, 2021 7:18 AM

Once again for the back of the crowd:

Brexit = bad

European Union vaccine roll out = bad

UK vaccine role out = good

Boris Johnson & Tory government = bad

AZ vaccine = good

Efforts to deliberately undermine the AZ vaccine = bad

by Anonymousreply 263March 15, 2021 7:34 AM

I was defending Norwegians against the E.U., not trying to push them in!

by Anonymousreply 264March 15, 2021 7:57 AM

[quote]At least Boris can rely on Vaccine rollout and Meghan and lefty demonstrators to mask the terrible economic damage being caused by shitty Brexit.

R262 Fewer and fewer Brits, who voted remain, are regretting leaving the EU.

by Anonymousreply 265March 15, 2021 10:25 AM

I don't know a single person that's been vaccinated.

Supposedly they're doing it by health priority and then age. So if you have a health problem that would make Covid be more deadly, you're top of the list. That means respiratory problems, diabetes, blood pressure, etc. And after that it's be age, so the elderly without any of those issues, then the age group below it, and so on.

The "young and healthy" don't have a scheduled time for when we're supposed to get it. They say it'll be sometime after June, but no actual date has been decided, unlike other age and risk groups that were given exact time periods.

Also, my parents both belong in risk categories, one with respiratory problems, the other with diabetes and high blood pressure, and neither has been contacted to schedule the vaccination yet. My dad's not too eager to get it, he says he'd rather wait it out and let other people suffer the side effects first.

I'll be lucky to be called by Summer time at this rate. I'll take it, because I'm sure there'll be a point where my Government will enforce something, like things requiring proof you took the vaccine. They do that shit for schools, you gotta present your vaccination card to prove your vaccines are up to date or they won't let you register for the new school year.

Wish they had made a pill instead tho. Even if it meant taking a pill every day for like a month, I'd much prefer it than having to go to the place they're distributing it twice. Unless I get given the J&J one, then I guess I'll only have to drive there once.

by Anonymousreply 266March 15, 2021 10:41 AM

Where r u R266?

by Anonymousreply 267March 15, 2021 10:55 AM

Hey bitches, I got AZ'd up this morning.

Incredibly well organised - my vaccinator was a retired nurse who said she was so bored during lockdown she needed to do something.

I celebrated with a sausage egg and bacon roll with brown sauce from Greggs.

by Anonymousreply 268March 15, 2021 10:57 AM

Greggs? You type poors.

by Anonymousreply 269March 15, 2021 11:09 AM

God I miss Greggs breakfast deal. It was the only way I could tolerate catching the train in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 270March 15, 2021 11:19 AM

I've got my vaccine booked for Sunday at this lovely Jacobean gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 15, 2021 11:22 AM

£3.15 for a sausage egg and bacon roll with a large latte. I just wish they didn't wrap the serviette around the roll - it gets sauce on it and sometimes you need a totally clean serviette to wipe the sauce off your cheeks and fingers.

And I use my Greggs app too so I get every 10th purchase free.

2 and a half hours since my vaccine and my arm hasn't fallen off and I'm not dead.

by Anonymousreply 272March 15, 2021 11:23 AM

If the vaccine doesn't knock you out the Greggs will.

by Anonymousreply 273March 15, 2021 11:25 AM

R272 'Serviette'?

How frightfully common.

by Anonymousreply 274March 15, 2021 11:30 AM

[quote] £3.15 for a sausage egg and bacon roll with a large latte.

Extortionate

by Anonymousreply 275March 15, 2021 11:33 AM

Italy and France seems to be struggling. This is a direct result of EU Commission mismanagement. Von der Leyen needs to be replaced but I understand that means that the European Parliament has to fire the entire Commission (perhaps that would be good).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 15, 2021 1:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 15, 2021 1:16 PM

The Trump effect is responsible for a higher rate of infections in the U.S. but the higher death rate is likely due to the greater incidence of obesity here.

by Anonymousreply 278March 15, 2021 1:20 PM

Another death here in Norway from blood clots that may or may not be linked to AZ. The guy in the press conference said there is no such serious side effects from the other vaccines. The rare blood clots are only seen in those who have taken the AZ-vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 279March 15, 2021 1:21 PM

17 million people vaccinated and deadly to Norwegians. We've accomplished all our aims.

by Anonymousreply 280March 15, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]I celebrated with a sausage egg and bacon roll with brown sauce

In America, only white trash eat like this.

by Anonymousreply 281March 15, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]In America, only white trash eat like this.

Do they? Do they really? That must make you feel so good about yourself!

by Anonymousreply 282March 15, 2021 3:01 PM

I’m in the U.K. and the Astra Zeneca vaccine is starting to freak me out a little. My husband almost died of a blood clot a few years ago. I don’t want him or myself taking a vaccine that could have this potential risk. Ugh. Guess wait til more research comes out.

by Anonymousreply 283March 15, 2021 3:01 PM

The Netherlands joins the list of countries pausing the use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 15, 2021 3:03 PM

Didn't Germany suspends use of AZ too?

by Anonymousreply 285March 15, 2021 3:04 PM

…and where the Dutch go, the Germans will follow one step behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 15, 2021 3:05 PM

^Yes, the Dutch set the pace that the Germans follow.

by Anonymousreply 287March 15, 2021 3:06 PM

The doctor at the press conference said the person who died was young and otherwise healthy. No underlying condition, that they knew about anyway. It will obviously take more time to know what exactly happened. But the type of blood clot and how it developed seem to hint it might be linked to the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 288March 15, 2021 3:07 PM

Europe's humiliation is complete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 15, 2021 4:15 PM

“ Europe's humiliation is complete.”

So just now then?

by Anonymousreply 290March 15, 2021 4:33 PM

Infections rates are rising, countries are heading for further lockdowns and they trash the reputation of a successful vaccine.

And this isn't just about AZ, huge numbers are going to be put off the other vaccines as well.

BTW it's now 8 hours since I had my AZ vaccine and I'm still alive.

by Anonymousreply 291March 15, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]Europe's humiliation is complete.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 292March 15, 2021 5:11 PM

Germany, France and Italy have all now suspended AstraZeneca.

by Anonymousreply 293March 15, 2021 5:15 PM

[Quote]Infections rates are rising, countries are heading for further lockdowns and they trash the reputation of a successful vaccine.

So let me get this straight, a healthy young healthcare worker sudddenly developing a rare type of blood clot then dying of said blood clot is the same as "trashing the reputation of a successful vaccine"? Wtf?! Even the doctor at the press conference today was shocked at the rarity of this type of blood clot and how it developed. They rarely see it. Now it happened at the same time in 3 young and healthy people, just days after they got jabbed with the vaccine and you think it's some big conspiracy for countries to... what? Trash the UK?! For what? Brexit? Norway isn't even in the EU. Why would we care? This isn't the first time this company disappoints anyway. First they couldn't deliver what they promised and now they're possibly causing deaths. I think we all wouldn't be terribly sad if our health authorities cancelled the vaccines even if it means a slight delay. Pfizer managed to scale up their production, unlike AstraZeneca. Hopefully we'll get a bit of help from them.

by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2021 5:26 PM

All is proceeding as I foretold.

by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2021 5:27 PM

17 million doses given.

40 adverse reactions.

Take the goddam vaccine Europe.

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2021 7:05 PM

One thing I’ve noticed, is the people most likely to demand other people take the AZ vaccine, are the ones who’ve been vaccinated or will be vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 297March 16, 2021 3:25 AM

Had my first AZ jab yesterday morning, while news of euro-suspension rang out. I chose to trust the eminent voices of reassurance.

News of caution added to concern about my reactions to the jab - but so far, I'm feeling fine. Paracetamol not yet needed.

by Anonymousreply 298March 16, 2021 8:59 AM

24 hours after my first AZ vaccine and I'm ok, apart from that my ankle joints have stopped working, all my teeth have fallen out and I'm coughing up blood.

JOKE LOL!!!!!

I'm feeling fine - didn't sleep especially well last night but it could be anything.

by Anonymousreply 299March 16, 2021 9:18 AM

14,000 people here in Austin got their first shot over the weekend, me (myself) included. After a slow, steady beginning, this was the largest vax effort so far.

by Anonymousreply 300March 16, 2021 9:43 AM

And yes, I’m well aware that I am not in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 301March 16, 2021 9:47 AM

Sweden is the latest country to suspend use of the AZ vaccine. The government is also arranging to produce the Sputnik vaccine domestically.

R292 In some kind of sick way, this is playing out like a sadist version of the Eurovision contest.

by Anonymousreply 302March 16, 2021 10:08 AM

R302 France will vote for anybody who can provide a vaccin, EVERYBODY!

by Anonymousreply 303March 16, 2021 11:45 AM

Spain certainly did not put al of its eggs in one basket:

AstraZeneca/Oxford

Sanofi-GSK

Johnson & Johnson/Janssen

Pfizer/BioNTech

Curevac

Moderna/Lonza

Novavax

Now, if the vaccinations would go faster...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 16, 2021 12:01 PM

When AZ gets approved in the US, do you think people will refuse it?

by Anonymousreply 305March 16, 2021 4:06 PM

How Europe fell behind on vaccines:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 16, 2021 7:24 PM

How von der Leyen can carry on after this is a question.

by Anonymousreply 307March 16, 2021 7:28 PM

End of March.

by Anonymousreply 308March 16, 2021 7:33 PM

Meanwhile, here in Canada, almost no one is vaccinated, and threat looms that we will be unwillingly forced to take AstraZeneca or nothing.

by Anonymousreply 309March 16, 2021 7:54 PM

The Guardian: Two cases of a new coronavirus strain first reported in the Philippines have been found in England.

Public Health England said the variant contains a number of notable mutations, including the E484K spike protein found in the Manaus variant.

Concerns have been raised that vaccines may not be as effective against this protein.

by Anonymousreply 310March 16, 2021 8:26 PM

England? You in danger, girl.

There are a lot of medical workers from the Philippined over there.

by Anonymousreply 311March 16, 2021 8:44 PM

The NHS nurses are about to go on strike over pay and conditions. In great timing, the govt offered them a 1% raise.

by Anonymousreply 312March 16, 2021 9:05 PM

Why is nobody talking about the french variant?! 8 deads who didn't test positive, it's gonna be so practical to travel...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 16, 2021 9:36 PM

France? You in danger, girl.

by Anonymousreply 314March 16, 2021 9:38 PM

Von de Leyen is finished.

All this messing about by the commission, with their emphasis on price, rather than effectively getting as many shots in people's arms will cost lives.

by Anonymousreply 315March 16, 2021 10:18 PM

Greggs going down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 16, 2021 10:51 PM

I'm sure I will be FF'd (and perhaps rightly so) but

[quote]30 incidents.

5 million vaccinated.

How many of those 5 million (minus 30) would have become seriously ill or died without the vaccine? Probably more than 30.

It is no comfort to those 30 (or their families) but this kind of "risk" is unfortunately acceptable in a world wide health crisis.

by Anonymousreply 317March 16, 2021 11:01 PM

R317 The incidence of blood clots in the general population is HIGHER than the incidence of people getting blood clots after having the AZ vaccine.

The AZ vaccine is being suspended because they've had distribution problems from its manufacture base. It's easier to suspend a vaccine when you don't have any to give out than it is to suspend one when you've got loads to give away. Every medical and scientific body has said there's no cause for concern over the AZ vaccine and side-effects - the suspension is a political decision because they won't admit to the logistical failings in its delivery.

by Anonymousreply 318March 16, 2021 11:09 PM

Presumably Greggs-guy also like Thorntons, another great British brand about to fail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 17, 2021 12:19 AM

Pathetic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 17, 2021 12:25 AM

R50 Since when is the word "Math" not appropriate to use? What other "American" words set you off? "Dentist"?

by Anonymousreply 321March 17, 2021 2:16 AM

“Dintist”

by Anonymousreply 322March 17, 2021 2:31 AM

R305, I think some people might refuse, but others aren't paying that close to the differences among vaccines, and others will be high-risk and figure they can't "afford" to wait for their favorite vaccine. I know that my friend won't take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. (She's young and healthy; if she were in a nursing home she might be eager to get whatever vaccine she can.)

by Anonymousreply 323March 17, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote]Von de Leyen is finished.

She's unelected so she doesn't have to face the people. She's going nowhere. The EU is the epitome of undemocratic.

by Anonymousreply 324March 17, 2021 1:12 PM

Parliament can fire the Commission.

by Anonymousreply 325March 17, 2021 1:51 PM

CNBC: It’s no secret that Germany has been seeing a sharp rise in coronavirus cases in recent weeks but one leading health expert in the country is now warning of “exponential growth” in the number of infections.

This comes at a time when the country has suspended the use of the AstraZeneca-University of Oxford coronavirus vaccine.

Epidemiologist Dirk Brockmann said that a recent loosening of Covid restrictions has allowed a more virulent variant of the virus — first discovered in the U.K. late last year — to spread rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 326March 17, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] HOW DARE OTHER COUNTRIES DO A BETTER JOB THAN US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 17, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote] t a recent loosening of Covid restrictions has allowed a more virulent variant of the virus — first discovered in the U.K. late last year — to spread rapidly.

The UK’s revenge for all the vindictive attempts by the EU to punish it.

by Anonymousreply 328March 17, 2021 2:49 PM

R327: Not that the EU didn't fuck up, but manufacturers greatly cut back on promised shipments with vague statements that they would increase production rates later -- the rough schedule of which was to deliver the contracted quantities THROUGH the rest of this year, well beyond the goal of 70% vaccination rates by summer.

by Anonymousreply 329March 17, 2021 3:38 PM

R324 when is Boris Johnson time as a PM over? there is a set day or it's whenever he feels like it? Most of the representatives in UK are not elected (Lords etc...)

by Anonymousreply 330March 17, 2021 5:18 PM

Looks increasingly unlikely in Switzerland. It's still for me 75 and OVER, or severe risk factors and they have a highly specific list AND you need a doctors prescription attesting to the risk.

by Anonymousreply 331March 17, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] Looks increasingly unlikely in Switzerland. It's still for me 75 and OVER, or severe risk factors and they have a highly specific list AND you need a doctors prescription attesting to the risk.

What a fucked up system. It’s much better in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 332March 17, 2021 6:43 PM

Far right parties in the Netherlands did better than expected tonight. Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 333March 17, 2021 9:39 PM

No, r333, the centrist sensible party led by a woman in favour of vaccination passports was the big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 334March 17, 2021 10:00 PM

Warnings of a temporary slow down in vaccine supply for the UK at the end of the month. Doctors shouldn't vaccinate those under 50, outside the top 9 priority lists, just yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 17, 2021 10:15 PM

R334, Thierry Baudet’s party (the FvD) did better than expected and that’s certainly an ominous sign.

by Anonymousreply 336March 17, 2021 10:19 PM

Please. We’ve been center-to-right for over a decade. Don’t feign shock and surprise.

by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Baudet seems to be a Nexiteer. Or is that a Hexiteer?

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2021 10:24 PM

• EU leaders haggled for months over cost and didn't sign early contracts, despite AZ producing it not-for-profit.

• EU publicly claimed AZ were in violation of contract. AZ denied it. Then the Commission released the contract redacted, but they redacted it incorrectly which let people see the EU was lying and AZ was telling the truth.

• EU regulators reached same decision as UK regulators but much slower. At one point when asked why they still hadn't approved it, their answer was something like "AZ didn't contact us yet". Apparently proactively reaching out was not imaginable.

• Multiple EU leaders then claimed the vaccine didn't work, which turned out to be another lie.

• Then they briefly attempted to violate the supposedly sacrosanct and inviolable Northern Ireland protocol to stop AZ vaccine being exported from the EU (which didn't have any) to the UK (which had lots). Beyond making no sense at all this also showed the EU had been lying again for years during the Brexit negotiations, as they repeatedly claimed to be totally committed to NI peace process and would never accept anything that could lead to a border. All tossed out the window just weeks after the UK/EU transition period ended.

• EU repeatedly claimed to hate vaccine nationalism and find it totally unacceptable. Then they blocked export of AZ vaccine meant for Australia from Italy. Then they lied again and claimed the UK had blocked exports of vaccine materials to the EU, which had never happened.

• Now they started claiming the vaccine is dangerous, although according to AZ this is once again not supported by the data (similar to the claim it doesn't work). [1]

• And today they are again claiming AZ is not honouring the contracts, despite having totally failed to produce evidence this is true or even, as far as I know, start a court case related to this supposed violation.

Damn the EU has really fucked up this whole situation.

by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2021 10:26 PM

"BRUSSELS today threatened to SEIZE factories on the continent producing the Oxford Astrazeneca jab - despite several countries pausing their rollout of very same vaccine just days ago."

"In a dramatic escalation of their furious row with the pharma giant, EU boss Ursula von der Leyen said the bloc could even suspend patents on the lifesaving jab so anyone could produce it"

If true (the linked article is from The Scum after all) these developments seem to be extremely bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2021 10:55 PM

It's not that bizarre when you consider that she is trying to deflect from people noticing how badly she fucked up during the negotiations for the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2021 11:05 PM

There is a smugness about the Eurocrats that they know best. When they are proven not to know best, they stupidly lash out: not good optics.

by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2021 11:18 PM

It looks like America and our vaccines will save you! Again!

by Anonymousreply 343March 17, 2021 11:20 PM

The only thing the EU is good for is endless bullshit regulations and importing hordes of third world scum. If a system like this existed in the US there would be another Civil War.

by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Yeah, what R343 said. And if it wasn’t for us Americans all you Europeans would be speaking German today, too!

by Anonymousreply 345March 17, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote] importing hordes of third world scum

Lol, in 2015 Germany let 1m illegal immigrants in.

R345 don't be silly, everyone in the EU Commission speaks English to each other, even when two Germans meet they speak English. It is ironic because English is an official language in only two small EU countries: Ireland and Malta and both of those countries have other official languages.

by Anonymousreply 346March 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Europe are pissed because the UK, a country they DESPISE, is doing really well without them and will do anything to stop them from succeeding. They are aware that if the UK continues to be successful in its vaccine program, they will open a lot earlier than the EU meaning they will be in a much stronger place financially compared to the EU. They are also trying to stop imports and exports of private companies, it will force those companies to rethink where they setup distribution, the UK will start to look really good to them if they continue to let companies fulfil their contracts, which could be another loss for the EU.

Basically, Brexit could be the best decision the UK has made in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 347March 17, 2021 11:32 PM

Europe has royally fucked up the vaccine. They tried to save pennies on each vaccine while frittering away tens of billions in Euros in production and growth.

More importantly, people are literally dying because of Brussels.

by Anonymousreply 348March 17, 2021 11:33 PM

If the UK doesn't break apart now then it may be successful outside the EU. It is after all a large economy (2nd after Germany in EU terms). In US terms it is as if the second largest state economically, ie Texas, left the Union. If the UK is successful outside the EU then it will be a spur to other large economies to leave, eg Netherlands which is the sixth largest economy in the EU. France and Germany, which are what the EU is really all about, will never leave nor will the smaller states, so Russia will be disappointed which is good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 17, 2021 11:46 PM

Europe has hated the UK for centuries, this is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 350March 17, 2021 11:49 PM

[quote]Basically, Brexit could be the best decision the UK has made in a long time.

And for years there's been so much talk that Brexit would be the end of the UK. It would be so ironic if the opposite happened.

by Anonymousreply 351March 17, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] Europe has hated the UK for centuries, this is nothing new.

The UK is a European country.

by Anonymousreply 352March 17, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote] Europe has hated the UK for centuries, this is nothing new. The UK is a European country.

Both are true.

by Anonymousreply 353March 17, 2021 11:54 PM

Was finally able to make an appointment for it online after NY announced the opening of some new mass vaccination sites. My appointment is in 2 weeks. I will be giddy with anticipation until then. I haven’t been out of my house since I was discharged from hospital a little over 2 weeks ago. Will be seeing a surgeon tomorrow for follow up then will go back indoors for two weeks. It’s like getting a day pass from prison.

by Anonymousreply 354March 18, 2021 12:01 AM

R353 Europe as a whole has never hated the UK. The UK was traditionally the ally of the underdog in European conflicts and with its tradition of liberal democracy (eg anti-Napoleon; anti-Kaiser; anti-Hitler) was and is a well-respected part of Europe. The US won both world wars of the last century but came in late; in WW2, especially, the UK was the only center of resistance for years before the US joined the fray.

by Anonymousreply 355March 18, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] It’s like getting a day pass from prison.

Sounds like you're cage meat; do tell.

by Anonymousreply 356March 18, 2021 12:05 AM

R351 I was a remainer but it's wild how quickly it seems the UK could succeed outside of the EU if things continue as they are, they might also turn very bad as well. I think Johnson must be thanking his lucky stars for Covid, he fucked it up at first but the vaccine rollout, thanks to the NHS, has given him a burst of popularity and it's pushed the EU into the black and white idea of a villain with their behaviour, it has also allowed the Tories to push through laws that ban protests. If the EU continue to treat the UK with hostility and the UK continues to succeed despite the EU's efforts, I think it will contribute to more countries severing ties with the EU state.

by Anonymousreply 357March 18, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote] it has also allowed the Tories to push through laws that ban protests.

The UK is trying to turn itself into Singapore-on-Thames, a project which is doomed to failure.

by Anonymousreply 358March 18, 2021 12:08 AM

R355, true. But different bits ofEurope have always hated the UK, and vice versa.

I have dual British and Irish nationality, so I’m a bit schizophrenic on the whole issue.

by Anonymousreply 359March 18, 2021 12:09 AM

I have an EU passport through my Irish grandparents, I'm mixed European on all sides; English, Scottish, Irish, Spanish and Norwegian. I hate that my friends don't have the freedom to travel freely through the EU, but I'm extremely grateful that the vaccine procurement was handled after we had left the EU and not in that time where we had technically left but were still part of it. Now in the future I can leave if the UK really does turn to shit and an authoritarian state but I'd really like to see my home succeed and be a free country.

by Anonymousreply 360March 18, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote] different bits of Europe have always hated the UK, and vice versa.

I agree about different bits of Europe hating the UK but not vice-versa. If anything, the UK looked and looks down on the rest of Europe.

[quote] I have dual British and Irish nationality

Irish citizens are massively privileged in the UK: they live and work there at will and even vote there.

by Anonymousreply 361March 18, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] I have an EU passport

There is no such thing.

by Anonymousreply 362March 18, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote] the UK looked and looks down on the rest of Europe.

The UK had the largest Empire in the world, of course they did.

by Anonymousreply 363March 18, 2021 12:17 AM

Regrettably what this EU vaccine saga is showing is that the salutary influence of the UK in EU affairs is now missing.

by Anonymousreply 364March 18, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote] Irish citizens are massively privileged in the UK: they live and work there at will and even vote there.

Oh quite. It could be down to guilt, but I think it is more complex than that. I have a friend from Nottingham ho has lived and worked in Cork for about ten years, and enjoys similar privileges. And absolutely loves it there, too.

by Anonymousreply 365March 18, 2021 12:22 AM

This article from January continues to age well in its description of the fuckery that is the EU's vaccine strategy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 18, 2021 12:25 AM

Yes R365, I agree, the privilege is reciprocal but more come from Ireland to the UK than the other way. The Irish are at least 10% of the population of London and that is nothing new. It works very well.

by Anonymousreply 367March 18, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote]I hate that my friends don't have the freedom to travel freely through the EU.

Why would anyone be freely traveling around the EU during a pandemic, or even want to?? When it’s safe to travel again, they will be able to travel freely in the EU like other people outside the EU can.

by Anonymousreply 368March 18, 2021 12:28 AM

R368, I assume the concern is about being in the shorter "EU" line rather than the longer "and the rest of you" line in passport control.

by Anonymousreply 369March 18, 2021 12:29 AM

After the pandemic, the Netherlands will quit the EU. Then Spain and Italy. With the possible exception of Poland, the rest will remain in the EU under the leadership of France and Germany.

by Anonymousreply 370March 18, 2021 12:30 AM

"With the possible exception of Poland, the rest will remain in the EU under the serfdom of France and Germany."

by Anonymousreply 371March 18, 2021 12:32 AM

France and Germany would not be the serfs. Do you mean fiefdom or something?

by Anonymousreply 372March 18, 2021 12:34 AM

Oh please, Germany is falling back into the hands of Russia soon.

by Anonymousreply 373March 18, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote]Why would anyone be freely traveling around the EU during a pandemic, or even want to??

Oh hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 18, 2021 12:42 AM

R373 Russia has a small economy compared to Germany's. Germany no1; Russia no 5. Russia comes below Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 18, 2021 12:43 AM

R374 It seems Germany had an aging population so they got 1m Syrians and Turks in to boost the birth rate.

by Anonymousreply 376March 18, 2021 12:49 AM

Is English have been at war with the French for over a thousand years.

We're not about to stop now.

by Anonymousreply 377March 18, 2021 12:52 AM

I spoke to 2 former colleagues in Switzerland (Geneva) this weekend. One is retired now and over 70 and she and her husband haven't been able to get the shot yet. Another friend is in his 40s but works at WHO - no vaccination available either. As Switzerland is the best organized country in the world, this is a poor showing.

by Anonymousreply 378March 18, 2021 12:54 AM

You know that the top EU bureaucrats have had their shots already.

by Anonymousreply 379March 18, 2021 12:56 AM

R379 I would suspect as much, like Dump and Wife got theirs secretly in January. And Eric got his last week in Chicago, according to reports.

by Anonymousreply 380March 18, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] As Switzerland is the best organized country in the world

No hunny: Chocolate and Cuckoo Clocks and a bit of dodgy banking for the Nazis and an army for the Pope: that's it. Bye

by Anonymousreply 381March 18, 2021 1:01 AM

The article at r366 is very interesting. It shows that Europe’s practice of trying to buy healthcare on the cheap really bit them hard. Of course companies are going to deliver first to countries that are the better customers. The discount buyer that is the EU deserves to be last. Also, the article shows how equity hurts everyone. If the big EU countries had gone ahead and took care of their own citizens first, a much bigger overall percentage of EU citizens would be vaccinated, even if they were located primarily in the big countries. By slowing procurement down to cover all the EU states together, the whole EU suffered. There are times when you need to let weaker team members fall behind, go take care of business, and then come back and help the weak ones afterward.

by Anonymousreply 382March 18, 2021 1:09 AM

I’ll add that it’s like oxygen masks on a plane. Secure your own mask first before helping others. It’s not selfish, it’s the best way to make sure everyone is taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 383March 18, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote]If the big EU countries had gone ahead and took care of their own citizens first,

The last thing the EU does is take care of their own citizens, or have their best interests in mind.

by Anonymousreply 384March 18, 2021 1:13 AM

Plucky little Luxembourg is way ahead of plucky little Liechtenstein in terms of GDP for some reason. Any vaccinated Luxembourgers here; any vaccinated Liechtensteiners here? I suppose Henri is rather dashing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 18, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote] Of course companies are going to deliver first to countries that are the better customers.

The real problem is that the EU were late signing up for supplies, because of their price-haggling with all of the suppliers - first come first served and the EU lost out; they even haggled with Astra-Zeneca which is doing this for no profit ,,, dumb and insulting.

by Anonymousreply 386March 18, 2021 1:26 AM

R386: And Astro-Zeneca has no blame in any of this?

AZ didn't say, "No, now you've gone and insulted us and your money is no good here any more." They said, "Yes, yes, we will sell you what you want...pick a number.

Then AZ said "Oops, production issues. We have to scale back so that we can scale up. It will be a year before you get what we promised you in a few months. and in the meantime we stop shipping to you and continue to shop to others. Contract be damned, we do as we please."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 18, 2021 8:41 AM

If a buyer bought AZ vaccine at a discount, then they are at the back of the line for distribution. That’s not AZ’s fault. Next time maybe the Germans won’t be such penny pinchers when so many lives are at stake.

by Anonymousreply 388March 18, 2021 9:26 AM

How much of a discount did they actually get from AZ in the end? I thought AZ was selling the vaccine at cost? (Part of the deal with Oxford University.)

by Anonymousreply 389March 18, 2021 9:29 AM

The national armies will need to step up and open vaccination centres. Germany's Minister of Defense already proposed to do so.

The vaccination campaign is a mess. Would have been a great opportunity for the EU to truly show its worth as a union — but no… Vaccination stations should be erected everywhere and anywhere possible: At the gas station, the supermarket, city squares, churches..

by Anonymousreply 390March 18, 2021 10:48 AM

I have 3 friends who left the US and now live in the EU. They say they don't miss the US at all but I wonder if they're regretting their decision now.

by Anonymousreply 391March 18, 2021 11:15 AM

R391 I’m a US citizen living in Europe. I don’t regret the move, but I am pissed and disappointed to watch how poorly the EU is managing vaccine distribution and procurement. They were able to coast on Trump and BoJo being fuck-ups, and that smug laziness is hurting all of us.

by Anonymousreply 392March 18, 2021 11:38 AM

Where in Europe, R392?

by Anonymousreply 393March 18, 2021 11:39 AM

Sweden r393.

by Anonymousreply 394March 18, 2021 11:41 AM

Europe's next issue will be that they could be stuck in the middle of a possible war between the US, UK, Russia and China, with the added pressure of climate change causing mass immigration from Africa. This vaccine mess is going to seem small fry compared to what's to come when they have to yield to some of their ideological enemies and have gun boats off their coasts to stop the immigrants. They wont be seen as the virtuous land they have appeared to be compared to Trump and Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 395March 18, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]I’m a US citizen living in Europe. I don’t regret the move, but I am pissed and disappointed to watch how poorly the EU is managing vaccine distribution and procurement. They were able to coast on Trump and BoJo being fuck-ups, and that smug laziness is hurting all of us.

Agreed, and same here, R392. I am very happy to have moved here and even if it meant a further wait of 6-, 9-, 12-months for my vaccination, I would still be much happier here. All the same, the EU might have done much better, and it is frustrating to read optimistic news reports about a a vaccine manufacturer's promise to deliver "one million" doses when they had earlier promised many times that (and when "1 Million!" represents just 1 or 2% of the population, a frightening incrementalism), when vaccination has reached only 5% of the population, when the previously and confidently stated goal of getting 70% of the country vaccinated by April/May is/was clearly a pipe dream.

Happier or not, I'm not seduced into complacency or silence.

[quote]If a buyer bought AZ vaccine at a discount, then they are at the back of the line for distribution. That’s not AZ’s fault.

R388, of course purchase contracts came with delivery and payment schedules, so over-promising and failure to deliver on schedule is indeed AZ's fault and for them to resolve in an equitable way. And, like AZ, you seem to want to write the rules as the play advances, to suit your game (by your rules, if I were to go to a restaurant and order a $24 hamburger special and, 15 minutes later you were to walk in and order a $40 steak dinner then the restaurant machine would restart to favor your order?)

You want to create a story where the white-hatted AZ is always noble, virtuous, and in the right, while the black-hatted EU is always incompetent, villainous, and in the wrong. There is plenty of blame to go around, and more than two sides to the story. Look at what AZ promised and what they delivered. Look also at the down payments made by the EU specifically to allow AZ to ramp up production to meet its promises to deliver; it was those down payments that were the basis for price discounting in return for funding AZ's increased production.

[quote]The order form — which each EU country filled out — offered a month-to-month breakdown of those doses: 30 million by the end of 2020; 40 million in January 2021; 30 million in February; 20 million in March; 80 million in April; 40 million in May; and 60 million in June.

[quote]The company committed to making its "best reasonable efforts" to ramp up manufacturing to supply those 300 million doses, but the contract also says the delivery schedule is the "earliest possible" estimates of deliveries: "Final delivery subject to agreement of delivery schedule and regulatory approval."

[quote]The company now claims it can only provide 41 million doses by the end of March — at least 20 million fewer than what was promised by the end of January.

[quote]The contract allows EU countries to order an additional 100 million doses, but it acknowledges "it may not be possible" to make the additional 100 million doses before the end of the second half of 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 18, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] You want to create a story where the white-hatted AZ is always noble, virtuous, and in the right, while the black-hatted EU is always incompetent, villainous, and in the wrong.

It’s true that the EU is always incompetent, villainous and in the wrong, but there’s not much that can be done about that since that’s their nature.

by Anonymousreply 397March 18, 2021 2:21 PM

German here. It's like reliving socialist mismanagement with rules changing by the week or sometimes daily. Most over 80s got their jab, but some with AZ becuase they offered it to those who were priorized but didn't want to wait. Now it's doubtful they can get the second jab because the stopped vaccinating with AZ. They are micromanaging the shit out of an unnecessarily shortage. I'm happy for all of you who could get your vaccination already.

by Anonymousreply 398March 18, 2021 2:35 PM

Europe you in danger! I'm getting my second dose next Friday here in America. Biden's got this thing down, they're jabbing everyone right and left and getting it done.

by Anonymousreply 399March 18, 2021 3:01 PM

mainly white people, but yes, jabs are happening in the US. I'm sorry for my european friends

by Anonymousreply 400March 18, 2021 3:22 PM

The US is doing surprisingly well on vaccinations, considering how huge the population is, and how ass-backwards most everything having to do with infrastructure usually is.

by Anonymousreply 401March 18, 2021 3:25 PM

[quote]Europe's next issue will be that they could be stuck in the middle of a possible war between the US, UK, Russia and China, with the added pressure of climate change causing mass immigration from Africa. This vaccine mess is going to seem small fry compared to what's to come when they have to yield to some of their ideological enemies and have gun boats off their coasts to stop the immigrants. They wont be seen as the virtuous land they have appeared to be compared to Trump and Johnson.

What are you on about? Immigration from Africa has slowed to a trickle. And that was the trend even before Covid. Occasionally you'll get a boat off Spanish and Italian waters, but nowhere near the numbers crossing from Turkey into Greece from Asia and the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 402March 18, 2021 3:32 PM

R402 Did I say it was an issue currently?

by Anonymousreply 403March 18, 2021 3:40 PM

R400 It is predominantly white, but thats because blacks are afraid of vaccines, anybody can get them but you have to go do it yourself, our main vax site is in a predominantly black area and they still do not go to get them enough.

by Anonymousreply 404March 18, 2021 3:42 PM

The UK effort is about to slow significantly due to an alleged export ban in India.

by Anonymousreply 405March 18, 2021 3:46 PM

R405 The slowdown is because we'll be starting to give out the second doses so there's less capacity for first doses. Supply isn't the issue.

by Anonymousreply 406March 18, 2021 3:51 PM

In the UK 1.7 million doses have to be tested and 5m does are missing. The 5m are being held in India.

by Anonymousreply 407March 18, 2021 3:54 PM

I was reading on the BBC earlier, that the problems in India are to do with supply chain issues with their suppliers in the US.

by Anonymousreply 408March 18, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote] I'm getting my second dose next Friday here in America. Biden's got this thing down, they're jabbing everyone right and left and getting it done.

Don’t provide misinformation to DLers from other countries. The vaccination scheduling is not done by the federal government, so Biden has nothing to do with that piece of it. The scheduling is handled by the state governments (as is public health in general) and as can be seen in a different thread, the rules, qualifications and experiences differ for each state.

by Anonymousreply 409March 18, 2021 4:37 PM

The states would not be scheduling vaccinations were it not for the federal government getting the vaccines to the states. I am 57 in FL (yes, I know) and am waiting patiently. My husband in the UK got his first shot weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 410March 18, 2021 4:40 PM

Laurie Garrett:

UK study finds that genetic mutations related to the spike protein of SARSCoV2 (mostly B.1.1.7) soared from 12% in mid-Nov to 60% in 30 days. For people over 65 years of age, it topped 76%.

Genomic analysis of B.1.1.7 infections in Brit travelers "determined that 51% of imported cases in England were related to travel to one of 3 countries: Greece (21%), Croatia (16%), and Spain (14%)."

Emergence of the B.1.1.7 variant SARSCoV2 in UK is associated with a 61% greater risk of death compared to previous strains.

by Anonymousreply 411March 18, 2021 5:11 PM

Poland to enter three-week lockdown as cases soar:

Poland will close most public venues this Saturday for three weeks, as the rapidly growing number of new daily coronavirus cases threatens the country’s already overwhelmed health care services, Health Minister Adam Niedzielski said Wednesday.

On the day of the announcement, the country noted 25,052 new infections, a 44 percent jump from the same day last week; 52 percent of the cases are of the more infectious British variant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 18, 2021 5:14 PM

I just got a good laugh from a New York Times breaking news alert:

The US just announced it's shipping millions of doses of the AZ vaccine to Canada and Mexico. They know Americans don't want that shit when 3 well-regarded vaccines are readily available.

by Anonymousreply 413March 18, 2021 5:20 PM

Link R413 or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 414March 18, 2021 5:22 PM

The CDC hasn't approved the AZ vaccine for emergency use -- I don't think AZ has even petitioned for it -- so the U.S. is sitting on all these doses. They may as well go to countries who will use them immediately.

by Anonymousreply 415March 18, 2021 5:23 PM

NYT: The United States plans to send millions of dozes of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Mexico and Canada, the White House said Thursday, just as the Biden administration has been quietly pressing Mexico to curb the stream of migrants coming to the border.

Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said the United States was planning to share 2.5 million doses of the vaccine with Mexico and 1.5 million with Canada, adding that it was “not finalized yet, but that is our aim.”

Tens of millions of doses of the vaccine have been sitting in American manufacturing sites. But while their use has already been authorized in dozens of countries, the vaccine has not yet been approved by American regulators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 18, 2021 5:24 PM

good move

by Anonymousreply 417March 18, 2021 5:25 PM

Norwegian doctors said there was a link between the deadly type of blood clot and the vaccine. The EMA said there's no link. So who do you believe? Meanwhile another person is hospitalized in Norway with the deadly type of blood clot after getting the AZ-vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 18, 2021 5:28 PM

There was another report yesterday which tentatively concluded that the incidence of clotting was slightly lower in the vaccinated population.

I can't help but feel that certain EU governments are trying to shift the narrative away from "We haven't got enough vaccine", to "The vaccine isn't safe", to redirect the accusing fingers currently pointed at them. But maybe I'm just a cynic.

by Anonymousreply 419March 18, 2021 5:40 PM

European regulator greenlights AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine after reports of blood clots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420March 18, 2021 6:48 PM

Paris going into lockdown again. Mon dieu.

by Anonymousreply 421March 18, 2021 10:13 PM

Schools stay open though (in Paris and other parts of northern France undergoing new lockdown)

by Anonymousreply 422March 18, 2021 10:15 PM

I'm an American living in Spain and I received my vaccination a few weeks ago with no problems. I got the Oxford/Astra Zeneca jab and I had no issues other than a bit of fatigue and a sore arm. I probably still would not be vaccinated if I was back in the US.

by Anonymousreply 423March 18, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote]Paris going into lockdown again. Mon dieu.

WaPo: The number of new coronavirus cases in the French capital region has surged sharply in recent weeks to now over 400 new cases per 100,000 people over seven days — more than three times higher than the current U.S. rate.

by Anonymousreply 424March 18, 2021 10:58 PM

Wow. I actually feel bad for the expat Americans above. If we could send you some spare vaccines, we would! Have you thought about contacting the US embassy where you live?

by Anonymousreply 425March 18, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] If we could send you some spare vaccines, we would! Have you thought about contacting the US embassy where you live?

The spares are going to Canada and Mexico.

As for the embassy, forget it: they have all been closed since April.

by Anonymousreply 426March 18, 2021 11:20 PM

GIVE MY DAUGHTER HER JABBBBBBB...!!!

by Anonymousreply 427March 18, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] Have you thought about contacting the US embassy where you live?

What do you think they could do, even if they wanted to help (unlikely), even if they were open (unlikely)?

by Anonymousreply 428March 18, 2021 11:45 PM

France, Italy and Germany resume use of AstraZeneca vaccine after UK and EU regulators declare it ‘safe’. There is no evidence the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine causes blood clots, say UK and EU regulators after a "thorough and careful review".

This indecision over AZ in EU is astonishing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 19, 2021 1:51 AM

^How many will willingly get AZ going forward now?

by Anonymousreply 430March 19, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote]I actually feel bad for the expat Americans above. If we could send you some spare vaccines, we would!

Why? It was their choice to abandon their country.

by Anonymousreply 431March 19, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote] Norwegian doctors said there was a link between the deadly type of blood clot and the vaccine. The EMA said there's no link. So who do you believe?

Norway.

by Anonymousreply 432March 19, 2021 4:20 AM

We need to know who shouldn't get what vaccine, depending of our medical history. In my family we have bad venous system, my father had a thrombosis but he used to smoke and drink alcool regularly... Should I get AZ?

by Anonymousreply 433March 19, 2021 11:58 AM

yes, you should

by Anonymousreply 434March 19, 2021 12:47 PM

R433, you should discuss with your physician, not DL.

by Anonymousreply 435March 19, 2021 12:54 PM

Not that it makes me feel any better, but vaccination has not exactly been a great success in too many places. The few exceptions with a respectable launch are: Chile, USA, Morocco, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Serbia, Hungary, Malta, Maldives, Seychelles... (I may have missed some pinprick countries on the map.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 19, 2021 1:14 PM

It’s no surprise that in addition to Chile, the U.S., UK, and Israel are at the top.

by Anonymousreply 437March 19, 2021 1:45 PM

Having spent several years living in Europe, the past year has highlighted something I experienced firsthand:

Access to, and cost of healthcare in America is shameful. However, quality of care can rarely be beat. Furthermore, the US can become hyper-effective in addressing issues when it wants to, plowing through barriers in the process.

My parents are already fully vaccinated and I'm on two waitlists. Several people in my office who are high risk just got their second shots.

Europeans have no shortage of areas where they can legitimately continue criticizing the US. Vaccine developmemt and rollout are clearly exempt.

by Anonymousreply 438March 19, 2021 1:56 PM

Barely anyone in Europe is getting the vaccine, the Union tried to cheap out on procurement and it's backfired. Israel is basically back to normal and the UK and the US will be by the summer, by the time Europe are in a similar position it will be winter and that could mean further restrictions, so Europe might still have restrictions until next March. I would be furious if I were living under the Unions rule.

by Anonymousreply 439March 19, 2021 2:11 PM

EVERYTHING IN EUROPE JS BETTER THAN UK/US

by Anonymousreply 440March 19, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote] Israel is basically back to normal and the UK and the US will be by the summer, by the time Europe are in a similar position it will be winter and that could mean further restrictions

The problem for the UK will be the amount of interconnectedness between UK and countries in EU. If the UK gets back to "business as usual" by the end of the summer, it will still be crippled by the limitations necessitated by rampaging COVID-19 across Europe.

by Anonymousreply 441March 19, 2021 3:09 PM

Paris back in lockdown as Macron gets AZ jab and now says AZ good for over 55s. Chaos.

by Anonymousreply 442March 19, 2021 3:28 PM

My sister lives in Madrid - her husband's work moved them over there a couple years ago with their two kids and outside of COVID restricting what they've been able to do, they love it. Still, she's talking about maybe planning a visit home around June specifically to get the vaccine here since she'll be low priority there even once they actually do get it together, which has not happened yet.

I've had my first Pfizer dose since I teach at a college and live in NY, my brother got his in IL because he has hypertension and got on a Walgreens waitlist for extra doses, his wife got hers because she's a school aide, and my parents got theirs via their retirement community along with all the residents. This is a rare time where I commend our country for doing something for the public good better than Europe. My vax site was run by the Air Force and could not have been a smoother process.

by Anonymousreply 443March 19, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] The problem for the UK will be the amount of interconnectedness between UK and countries in EU. If the UK gets back to "business as usual" by the end of the summer, it will still be crippled by the limitations necessitated by rampaging COVID-19 across Europe.

The EU will be cutoff from the UK and that will certainly be bad for the EU. The UK will need to continue shifting trade to other parts of the world.

by Anonymousreply 444March 19, 2021 4:45 PM

"French authority says AstraZeneca vaccine should only go to those over 55. This is the third time French authorities have changed their recommendation about how to use the AstraZeneca vaccine."

What a way to run a public health program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 19, 2021 5:53 PM

In reply to OP's question: the answer is no, not really.

"Germany’s health minister warned on Friday there were not enough vaccine doses in Europe to contain a third wave of COVID-19"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446March 19, 2021 5:58 PM

From my perspective the press has a roundly bad job of keeping track of anything remotely "big picture" about Covid. The headline in R446 is fairly typical: "Germany warns of vaccine shortages as new COVID wave hits Europe," somehow drawing a link between two very different issues and the fact that the First Quarter of 2021 is nearly done and there has been a shortage of vaccine from Day 1. Germany doesn't have to warn of shortages because Germany has only vaccinated 6.1% of its population precisely because —I hope— there have been insufficient delivery of doses enough to vaccinate more. And the same with most of Continental Europe.

I read optimistic headlines that X drug company (Spain has contracted with seven vaccine producers) is gearing up to ship 1M doses at the end of the next month, maybe, responding to having been unable to deliver the contracted amount in the present month. As if 1M doses (whether for 500K people or 1M) is going to change everything; at best it helps 2.1% of the population but more likely 1%. No one thinks to add up in these "good news" articles that at the rate of 1M doses a month, that's 30 months away from vaccinating 70% of the population. There's no one reporting on when everything promised is supposed to come together, likely to come together, it's just little fragments of news dispensed one at a time.

There are vague suggestions that the pace will accelerate but little evidence that it will.

by Anonymousreply 447March 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Why has Africa been virtually untouched by Covid?

by Anonymousreply 448March 19, 2021 7:08 PM

R448 The theory is that African countries have a younger average age than most western countries and it's the elderly and vulnerable that have been most affected by Covid, and the people in African countries tend to have stronger antibodies due to the over abundance of viruses.

by Anonymousreply 449March 19, 2021 7:12 PM

Makes sense r449. The average life expectancy in Africa is lower, so less elderly to die from it. Also people with pre-existing health conditions die from those conditions earlier than people in the West.

by Anonymousreply 450March 19, 2021 7:16 PM

I am a pro EU Brit, but boy are they screwing up.

It's so sad to see, because infection rates are climbing in the EU again. Their whole approach to obtaining vaccines is all wrong.

The one thing that the whole world needs to address is vaccine manufacture. Governments and regions need to really get busy investing in vaccine manufacturing infrastructure. Otherwise we are going to see the emergence of new variants that will be vaccine resistant, setting us back to square one. We need to be agile, if we are to defeat this dreadful illness.

by Anonymousreply 451March 19, 2021 7:24 PM

All I want to know is will the Eurovision Song Contest be cancelled AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 452March 19, 2021 7:52 PM

Here we are in the throes of covid and there's another outbreak of Ebola again. Let's hope it stays where it is and never mutates to a highly contagious form like covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 19, 2021 8:14 PM

I feel bad for the population of Europe, but my concerns are also selfish - I'm dying to sit in a cafe in Lisbon, drink red wine and eat cheese, and watch pretty boys walk by.

Any chance at least part of Europe will be open to vaccinated Muricans this summer?

by Anonymousreply 454March 19, 2021 8:15 PM

R454, I’m a vaccinated Murrican. The way things are going over there I don’t think the EU travel ban will be lifted until September at the earliest. Up until a few weeks ago I was planning a trip to Berlin in June but now I just don’t see that happening. Vaccine Passports will probably only be good for travel for Europeans around Europe.

by Anonymousreply 455March 19, 2021 8:30 PM

Some places will be open for the UK in the summer, providing the people traveling have a negative covid test or proof of vaccination, but it's also up to the British government if they feel those places have been vaccinated enough for British people to holiday there. I imagine places desperate for tourists will open up for Americans as well.

by Anonymousreply 456March 19, 2021 8:37 PM

R455: I suspected as such. Oh well. Maybe I can plan for Portugal in the Fall.

by Anonymousreply 457March 19, 2021 8:58 PM

r454/r455/r457 your white privilege is showing!

by Anonymousreply 458March 20, 2021 12:04 AM

Seems like I am eligible from Monday 22nd March. The choice is Moderna or J&J.

by Anonymousreply 459March 20, 2021 12:31 AM

As has been the case this entire pandemic, it’s not true that all of Europe is closed to Americans. In May, Greece intends to allow anyone who has been vaccinated. Technically, you can for to the UK and Ireland, but you have to quarantine. Direct travel to Rome is possible from certain airports. Georgia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Bosnia are an option with a current negative test. Albania doesn’t have any restrictions at all.

Germany, France and Spain aren’t the only European countries there are.

by Anonymousreply 460March 20, 2021 12:40 AM

Who the fuck wants to go to Georgia, Serbia or Bosnia?

by Anonymousreply 461March 20, 2021 12:46 AM

Georgia is not in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 462March 20, 2021 12:59 AM

I’ve been to Serbia and Bosnia and enjoyed both (Bosnia was better).

by Anonymousreply 463March 20, 2021 1:00 AM

R463 got more homosex in Bosnia by the sounds.

by Anonymousreply 464March 20, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote]Germany, France and Spain aren’t the only European countries there are.

True. However, I've had problems finding passport/vaccination information online by specific country.

by Anonymousreply 465March 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Never mind the blood clots, what I am worried about with AZ is the much lower numbers in efficacy. Can someone explain that? I used to be a big Trudeau supporter, but I am livid that virtually no Canadians are immunized and have no clue when they will be and we will all get stuck taking fucking AZ.

by Anonymousreply 466March 20, 2021 1:10 AM

R466 AZ is 90% effective where a half dose is followed by a full dose. It is 65% effective where a full dose is followed by another full dose.

by Anonymousreply 467March 20, 2021 1:13 AM

Johnson got his shot today. He's 56yo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 20, 2021 1:47 AM

I'd go to Bosnia in a second. Croatia too.

by Anonymousreply 469March 20, 2021 1:56 AM

"COVID-19: UK breaks daily jab record with more than 660,000 vaccine doses administered. A total of 660,276 vaccines were given out on Thursday - higher than the previous record on 30 January, which was 609,010."

The vaccinations are continuing apace in the UK but there will be shortages of vaccine in April. I have not heard of any blood clot AZ victims in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 20, 2021 1:56 AM

Why is the U.S. sending vaccine to Mexico and Canada? If we have some to share, we should share with our friends, the British.

by Anonymousreply 471March 20, 2021 2:57 AM

Congratulations to the US who have now given a first vaccination dose to a higher percentage of its population than the UK, despite the UK's highest ever daily total yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 472March 20, 2021 8:59 AM

[quote] Congratulations to the US

It’s good to be exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 473March 20, 2021 9:17 AM

Isn't amazing that after 5 years of being mocked by Europe, the US and UK are extremely successful at something and Europe are now being mocked and instead of just getting on with it, Europe throw their toys out of the pram.

by Anonymousreply 474March 20, 2021 9:56 AM

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. While living in Germany, I endured years of anti-American finger wagging from the German press. These days they're trashing their leaders (especially Health Minister Jens Spahn) and applauding the US and UK.

For Americans with the travel bug, CNN maintains an updated list of where we can go, along with the current COVID precautions. Options in Europe and Asia are sparse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 20, 2021 11:42 AM

Go, Albania!

by Anonymousreply 476March 20, 2021 11:46 AM

The US may be applauded for the vaccine programme, but it's still a 2nd world country. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 477March 20, 2021 1:10 PM

Yeah, how dare they have a single moment of pride after years of being put down.

by Anonymousreply 478March 20, 2021 1:13 PM

Total shitshow in Europe right now, with new mutations, full hospitals, lockdowns and a slower than fuck vaccination. We are facing new lockdowns in may countries due to the new mutations. Not only are they more infectious, they affect more young people. Usually only old peope were hospitalizezd from covid, not anymore. We're talking hospitals at full capacity with very sick young patients. It's very serious. On top of that we aren't getting enough vaccine doses. All of this means we have no choice but go into another strict lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 479March 20, 2021 1:16 PM

For all the problems, Dr. Slaoui said "Europeans are in an admirable position. By the numbers, the Continent is about five weeks behind the United States, with vaccine supply expected to increase steadily. “It’s too late to have taken the first bite,” he said. “But they’re in a good place.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 20, 2021 1:20 PM

Why you can't compare COVID-19 vaccines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 20, 2021 1:22 PM

That was a really interesting video. Thank you, R481.

by Anonymousreply 482March 20, 2021 4:49 PM

R481 Very informative video. I don't remember it being explained like that in any media.

by Anonymousreply 483March 20, 2021 4:54 PM

And it gets worse for continental Europe...

"Evening Standard: Pfizer warns E.U. to back down on Covid vaccine threats to U.K."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 20, 2021 5:06 PM

I think Ireland and the UK will alllow in Americans with vaccine passports but the Schengen Eurozone will stay shut until the fall. Which will be a disaster for the EU economy.

by Anonymousreply 485March 20, 2021 10:01 PM

R485, the Schengen pact from last year will not be entertained in 2021. Greece, a Schengen member, has resolved to work bilaterally with the US and any other country from blocked countries, to come up with a way to facilitate tourism. I fully expect Germany, Netherlands, and France to continue playing hardball, but Spain, Portugal, and Italy will probably fold like lawn chairs.

by Anonymousreply 486March 20, 2021 10:14 PM

I agree, R486, that’s probably what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 487March 20, 2021 11:18 PM

51% of Brits now vaccinated. Over 700,000 people were vaccinated on Friday (that's over ONE PERCENT of our population, in a single day).

by Anonymousreply 488March 21, 2021 9:01 AM

It is absolutely shameful that Canada's incompetent government is now begging for vaccine from the US. Trudeau has reduced Canada to Third World status.

by Anonymousreply 489March 21, 2021 9:10 AM

European Commissioner Mairead McGuinness has been on UK tv a lot over the last few years discussing Brexit and she's always been very sensible and authoritative.

Watching her this morning defending the EU's stance on vaccines has been an absolute shocker.

WE HAVE PUT THE FACTS ON THE TABLE, EVERYONE CAN HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS ON THOSE FACTS, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE UP YOUR OWN FACTS.

She literally made up her own facts live on TV.

by Anonymousreply 490March 21, 2021 9:33 AM

R490 link? we don't have access to british tv.

by Anonymousreply 491March 21, 2021 9:39 AM

Here's a clip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 21, 2021 9:46 AM

R490 Norwrgian doctors found a link between AZ and the deadly blood clots. Aka there is proof. Nobody is making it up.

by Anonymousreply 493March 21, 2021 12:55 PM

Mairead McGuinness, the EU commissioner, wasn't talking about Norwegian blood clots, she was defending the European Union's procurement processes, the delays in the vaccination programme and the politicised attacks on the AZ vaccine.

She's been very sensible and articulate over Brexit, but on vaccines the EU have fucked up and no amount of spin is going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 494March 21, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote]Norwrgian doctors found a link between AZ and the deadly blood clots. Aka there is proof.

Until the Norwegian finding is duplicated elsewhere, I'd hesitate to call it "proof."

by Anonymousreply 495March 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Friday's 700,000+ vaccinations broke the UK record

And yesterday we managed 873,000. 1.3% of the population got their first jab in one day.

It really shows what can happen when the private and public sector work together, something that will frustrate ideologues on the right and left of politics.

by Anonymousreply 496March 21, 2021 3:06 PM

R496 yes, easier to do when you're hoarding the vaccin dose for yourself. If the french vaccin development wasn't fucked up, we would also hoard the vaccin for ourselves first.

by Anonymousreply 497March 21, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote][R496] yes, easier to do when you're hoarding the vaccin dose for yourself. If the french vaccin development wasn't fucked up, we would also hoard the vaccin for ourselves first.

15m doses were delivered to the European Union yet half have yet to be administered.

And only 20% of French people polled were willing to use the AZ vaccine after Macron's comments and other politically motivated scaremongering.

by Anonymousreply 498March 21, 2021 3:46 PM

r496, very good

by Anonymousreply 499March 21, 2021 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500March 21, 2021 6:09 PM

More shit show hijinks between the UK and the EU:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 21, 2021 6:09 PM

If the ban is agreed on Thursday, it should help the EU catch up with the UK by substantially slowing the UK down. Having badly screwed up procurement, the EU Commission is now focusing on the optics: nice.

by Anonymousreply 502March 21, 2021 6:30 PM

This could've been a great opportunity for the EU to shine. Pulling everyone together, making the world's most thorough vaccination programme happen, etc.

But no...

by Anonymousreply 503March 21, 2021 6:38 PM

The future of the EU depends on post-Brexit UK failing and breaking up. The Commission is desperate to show that dreams of life outside the EU are futile, failing which others such as the Netherlands may be tempted through their own exit door (Nexit/Hexit).

by Anonymousreply 504March 21, 2021 6:51 PM

Vienna here, got mine

by Anonymousreply 505March 21, 2021 7:00 PM

Lucky you, R505!

by Anonymousreply 506March 21, 2021 7:54 PM

My parents (79 and 82) will be getting their first shot next week and already have a date for their second shot. Meanwhile their area of France is in lockdown again for four weeks from tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 507March 21, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] It is absolutely shameful that Canada's incompetent government is now begging for vaccine from the US. Trudeau has reduced Canada to Third World status.

It’s what people voted for. Elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 508March 21, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote]If the ban is agreed on Thursday, it should help the EU catch up with the UK by substantially slowing the UK down. Having badly screwed up procurement, the EU Commission is now focusing on the optics: nice.

A ban will slow down the UK's programme (it will be a million people each day by next weekend) but it won't speed up in the EU because each country has their own programme and they've been complacently slow and aren't even using the vaccines they have in stock.

If the EU does this - and at this point I wouldn't put anything past them - then it will confirm the doubts many people had about them.

by Anonymousreply 509March 21, 2021 8:04 PM

You do realize that it's not a race between the country? It's a race against death.

R498 15M doses delivered? Fantastique, the EU ordered 300M and have an option for an additional 100M.

by Anonymousreply 510March 21, 2021 9:10 PM

But it’s also a PR coup against the EU Evil Empire.

by Anonymousreply 511March 21, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote]You do realize that it's not a race between the country? It's a race against death. [R498] 15M doses delivered? Fantastique, the EU ordered 300M and have an option for an additional 100M.

Great - so why aren't European countries injecting their citizens like their lives depends on it, rather than have the vaccines sat in storage with heads of state trashing the reputations of the vaccines?

One of the reasons the UK took the actions it did and why they are ultimately well ahead of the EU was because they feared reprisals from Trump and how his extreme protectionist nationalism would impact on the UK's supply. No one thought it would be the EU Commission we needed to fear.

by Anonymousreply 512March 21, 2021 10:24 PM

the AZ vaccination resume, if I want to I can go to a pharmacist to get on a list, but I'm too young and have no health pb so I don't do it for the moment. I hope that I get a first shot before summer, but if I'm not there is no hurry since I'm not supposed to die from it. Only pb we have a new variant in Brittany that doesn't show up in the test, and the new "lock down" in Paris and in the North of France is looser than the curfew we had before, the school are not closed and we can go out 3 hours a day and go as far as 10km. That's fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 513March 22, 2021 6:35 AM

AZ trials in the United States showing incredible results. 79% effective against stopping symptomatic Covid disease and 100% effective at preventing people from falling seriously ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 22, 2021 8:12 AM

The beauty of AZ is that it can be kept in your average over-the-counter freezer.

by Anonymousreply 515March 22, 2021 8:46 AM

"AstraZeneca said its experts also identified no safety concerns related to the vaccine, including a rare blood clot that was identified in Europe. Scientists found no increased risk of clots among the more than 20,000 people who got at least one dose of the AstraZeneca shot.

Investigators said the vaccine was effective across all ages, including older people — which previous studies in other countries had failed to establish."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 22, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote]By April it will become clear just how ineffective in terms of actually giving people protection the British vaccination programme has been and just how effective both EU procurement and inoculation will be.

[quote]The EU has way more people per capita fully vaccinated than the UK. The UK has 768,810 people fully vaccinated, France 1,560,575 and Germany 2,029,047. The UK has given almost 10 million Pfizer first doses and about 750,000 second doses. The highest-risk groups are being left only partly protected, and this is reflected in the modest drop in cases of those vaccinated in the UK while cases amongst those vaccinated in, e.g. Italy, have plummeted.

[R49] has been all over Datalounge posting politically motivated smears on the AZ vaccine and its effectiveness.

One of his claims was that the UK's delayed second dose vaccine strategy was both unsafe and showed that the EU's vaccination programme was more effective.

Well it's nearly April and the UK is going to overtake the EU in the percentage of population who have had BOTH doses. And as the UK gets ready to open up, mainland Europe is locking up again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 22, 2021 11:55 AM

Gimme a JAB

by Anonymousreply 518March 22, 2021 12:06 PM

Right, R517, in addition to observations and critiques, there are also some rigid agendas at work on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 519March 22, 2021 1:17 PM

This chart shows both the effectiveness of lockdown and the vaccination programme's success.

I'm still angry that the UK opened back up in December and over Christmas when it was obvious what was going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 22, 2021 7:28 PM

My dad - who turns 85 next week - just received his first AZ shot last night. He feels very tired this morning and took a few paracetamol. He's relieved that he's finally got his first shot, but was annoyed at way the vaccination was organized in his town: about a hundred 85 year and over people (many very frail) were forced to wait too close to one another before they could enter the vaccination hall. The volunteers who had to organize the queue were overwhelmed. I hope this will improve soon.

by Anonymousreply 521March 23, 2021 10:16 AM

A look at prospects for achieving 70% inoculation of the adult population of Spain in June (rather than the September 21 goal put forth recently by the government), laying out all of the conditions on which the prospect depends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 23, 2021 10:26 AM

R517 I think you should refrain from using the word smear. If anything it can be argued that those who praise the AZ-vaccine are paid shills. It certainly looks like it from some of the posts here on DL. The fact is that many countries have stopped the vaccine because it is unsafe. It can lead to deadly blood clots in young and healthy people.

Being skeptical towards the AZ-vaccine does not equal a smear campaign or being anti-vax. I'm not an anti-vaxer and those who are skeptical about the AZ-vaccine should be taken seriously instead of being accused of a smear campaign or being anti-vaxers. I got the swineflu vaccine and I wil take the covid-vaccine. I am skeptical towards AZ because many people have reported serious side effects from it. Not just blood clots either, though that in itself is bad enough. I'm glad we paused the vaccine here. I wish we could get more doses from Moderna and Pfizer. Very few serious side effects have been reported from those. They seem safer than AZ.

by Anonymousreply 523March 23, 2021 10:38 AM

Did you read that people from A Z vaccine used outdated data?

by Anonymousreply 524March 23, 2021 10:46 AM

[quote][R517] I think you should refrain from using the word smear. If anything it can be argued that those who praise the AZ-vaccine are paid shills. It certainly looks like it from some of the posts here on DL. The fact is that many countries have stopped the vaccine because it is unsafe. It can lead to deadly blood clots in young and healthy people.

The troll who has been smearing the AZ vaccine is politically motivated, arguing that you can't trust it because the British government invested in it.

The troll argued that the British decision to delay the second dose and focus on first doses was a disaster - it has been a huge success and shown to be the right decision.

I get that there is scepticism about the speed with which the vaccines were created and doubts about possible long term side effects but this is deliberate partisan misinformation. The troll in question doesn't make any effort to hide his motivation - anti UK, pro EU.

by Anonymousreply 525March 23, 2021 10:54 AM

[quote]My dad - who turns 85 next week - just received his first AZ shot last night. He feels very tired this morning and took a few paracetamol. He's relieved that he's finally got his first shot, but was annoyed at way the vaccination was organized in his town: about a hundred 85 year and over people (many very frail) were forced to wait too close to one another before they could enter the vaccination hall. The volunteers who had to organize the queue were overwhelmed. I hope this will improve soon.

What's unforgivable about this is that the countries behind the curve on this can look at Israel, Britain, and America and see what worked well for them, what didn't work well and learn from their mistakes and successes.

by Anonymousreply 526March 23, 2021 11:02 AM

[quote]The troll in question doesn't make any effort to hide his motivation - anti UK, pro EU.

Which I don't understand in the least. There is no shortage of actions and decisions worthy of question and criticism; and as long as there is truth behind these questions and arguments, go at it. But posturing EU against UK against US... does it really give anyone much pleasure to be right or to believe he is right? Is it not like winning a contest in 1945 to guess the number of people who would die in the Holocaust, without going over to official total estimate? When someone is so decidedly more interested in pointing a finger than in understanding how to move forward from missteps and serious mistakes, they're either fucking nuts or hammering someone else's agenda for them.

by Anonymousreply 527March 23, 2021 11:07 AM

I am in the state of Washington in a Seattle suburb. I went to a local Safeway in store pharmacy about a mile from my home for my first COVID injection - a Pfizer. It was appointment only and there exactly 4 people there - two waiting afterward, myself and a guy who was after me. After seeing media coverage I was expecting lines of people. Not the case at all.

by Anonymousreply 528March 23, 2021 11:17 AM

Me again - wanted to say that I had no after effects. My arm didn't hurt a bit. Shot was almost painless.

by Anonymousreply 529March 23, 2021 11:20 AM

Had my first AZ vaccination a week ago today. I had some very mild 'flu-like symptoms the next morning (gone by lunchtime), and felt quite tired for a couple of days after that. In fact, this is exactly the immune response I get from the 'flu vaccination each year.

by Anonymousreply 530March 23, 2021 11:40 AM

a thread about the EU/UK/US, a good recap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 23, 2021 11:59 AM

Oh god Dave Keating is a joke. He’s one of the highest profile doom mongerers arguing that no one in Britain is actually vaccinated until they have both doses therefore the Germany is doing a much better job.

He’s the mirror image of the hard core brexiteers insisting nothing is wrong as lorries wait at ports with rotting shell fish on board.

by Anonymousreply 532March 23, 2021 12:04 PM

In the UK the process was well organised. People turn up at the stations for their pre-booked appointments. There might be a small queue outside, but usually not. You sit in spaced out chairs and fill out a form, with volunteers moving you forward as people go through. After your jab, if it's AZ you just leave, if it's Pfizer you sit again in a different section in spaced out chairs for 15 minutes in case you go into anaphylactic shock, as tiny numbers of people do after Pfizer, after which you leave.

by Anonymousreply 533March 23, 2021 12:44 PM

My parents just got their first AZ shots yesterday and were told to return on May 18th for their second. Is this right?

by Anonymousreply 534March 23, 2021 1:49 PM

Depends, R534. Are they in the UK? UK programme aims to deliver the second shot 3-12 weeks after the first. When I got my first shot last week, I was told that I would get a text message in 8 weeks time, which would include a link to the booking app - this is the same way I was told to make the appointment for the first shot. Different Health Authorities within the UK will do it slightly differently, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 535March 23, 2021 2:01 PM

It’s interesting that you can actually see the different competent national government makes. The transition has been less than two months but we’ve gone from clusterfuck to good progress in vaccinations in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 536March 23, 2021 2:13 PM

The difference ^^^

by Anonymousreply 537March 23, 2021 2:13 PM

indeed, all american adults can get the vaccine by may

by Anonymousreply 538March 23, 2021 2:22 PM

Has the EU shambles killed the last embers of hope that the UK would return one day? I hear their reputation has suffered even in pro-EU Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 539March 23, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]Has the EU shambles killed the last embers of hope that the UK would return one day? I hear their reputation has suffered even in pro-EU Scotland.

Scotland is having its government election in May and they're focusing on independence. The Nationalist view has always been that they would leave the UK and rejoin the EU (their message to the EU was "Leave a light on for us!") but it's Boris Johnson's government who oversaw the vaccine procurement.

Nicola Sturgeon and the Nationalist Party have never fully answered the question about which currency they would use - the Euro or the Pound - but now there's the additional question about whether they would have preferred to be in the EU vaccine procurement programme or the UK's.

England and Wales both voted to leave the EU and despite the frustration with Brexit arrangements I can't see there being a significant rise in wanting to rejoin.

by Anonymousreply 540March 23, 2021 4:42 PM

My mother has just booked her second dose of Astra Zeneca for mid April. Her first shot was mid January, I forget the date. I haven't been offered my first one yet. My aunt (mother's sister, two years older) had the Pfizer vaccine, with the first shot in December and the second one in January.

On a side note, my friend who's in her mid 30s had her first (Astra Zeneca) shot in January - she has a friend at the surgery and apparently at the end of every day they have seventy doses left over from people who didn't turn up, so they're offering them to other people outside the target groups to avoid having to throw them out and her friend managed to get her one. She's had chemotherapy in the past five years so there's a justification.

by Anonymousreply 541March 23, 2021 6:20 PM

Re Scotland: they are staying in the UK given the sex scandals engulfing the Scottish nationalists.

by Anonymousreply 542March 24, 2021 1:06 AM

My parents in France have their first shot of Pfizer on Friday 26th. I, here in the US, have my first dose of Moderna the same day.

by Anonymousreply 543March 24, 2021 1:10 AM

My dad who is 75 got his first Pfizer shot yesterday. My mom is 70 so she probably has to wait another one or two months before it's her turn. The vaccination pace is still very slow.

by Anonymousreply 544March 25, 2021 10:36 AM

[quote] My dad who is 75 got his first Pfizer shot yesterday. My mom is 70 so she probably has to wait another one or two months before it's her turn.

That’s awful. We gave shots to the over 70s right away.

by Anonymousreply 545March 25, 2021 10:42 AM

Emmanuel Macron has shown some passive aggressive humility and acknowledged the EU hasn't done as well on vaccine procurement as it should have done, comparing the EU's roll out unfavourably with the US.

by Anonymousreply 546March 25, 2021 10:50 AM

R541, that sounds dubious. One of the big plusses of AZ is that it keeps longer in normal refrigerated conditions - they shouldn't be just throwing it away in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 547March 25, 2021 10:54 AM

R545 They vaccinate by age here. They started with the oldest, then 75-85, next group to be vaccinated is 65 to 74. It has taken us 3 months to vaccinate 75+. I imagine it will take another two months for my mom to get her first shot. And yes, it is awful. It's taking way too long to vaccinate people.

by Anonymousreply 548March 25, 2021 11:05 AM

R547 - the doses need to be prepared in advance. You don’t inject a serum that’s below freezing point into someones veins.

This means the vaccines need to be taken out of the cool box at a certain time, anticipating your arrival time slot, so that the serums will be on room temperature.

If you are a no-show, the serums will be thrown away as they cannot be restored in the cool boxes.

by Anonymousreply 549March 25, 2021 11:12 AM

Someone’s*

by Anonymousreply 550March 25, 2021 11:12 AM

But AZ can be stored in the fridge for up to 6 months, it doesn't need to be put back into the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 551March 25, 2021 12:34 PM

Not after its been taken out of the fridge.

At least, that’s what a nurse told me.

by Anonymousreply 552March 25, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote] Europeans - are you getting COVID vaccines?

Well, are you?!?

by Anonymousreply 553March 27, 2021 10:10 PM

And answer came there none: they must all be dead.

by Anonymousreply 554March 29, 2021 5:46 PM

I've a friend in Ireland whose parents are about 70. According to him, they have yet to receive first shot as they're still working on 75 and older. He hopes by end of April his parents will get first jab.

by Anonymousreply 555March 29, 2021 6:03 PM

It seems Boris has found his sense of humor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556March 29, 2021 6:05 PM

R555 If the parents are near Northern Ireland, can they go there, assuming NI is ahead?

by Anonymousreply 557March 29, 2021 6:18 PM

It seems not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 29, 2021 6:22 PM

"Northern Ireland’s leaders urge UK to share surplus vaccines with the Republic"

So that may help, if the UK gets a surplus which is far from certain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 29, 2021 6:40 PM

So, England have ended their stay at home order today and Scotland will follow on Friday, the UK is on the verge of getting 60% of its population vaccinated which will bring it to a level that is just within herd immunity. I can only imagine the right wing press within the EU must be having a field day at all the pictures they will have on their frontpages of English people outside, playing sports together and interreacting again. The EU should hang their heads in shame, they failed their people and it will cost them.

by Anonymousreply 560March 29, 2021 7:19 PM

R560 non, we are too busy to try to get some vaccine. You do realize that our media is not watching UK 24/7? We have other stuff to do.

by Anonymousreply 561March 29, 2021 7:21 PM

Tell that to Ursula, she seems very focused on the UK and its success that have highlighted her failings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562March 29, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] You do realize that our media is not watching UK 24/7?

R561 Perhaps not the media, but some EU politicians and Eurocrats seem to be berating Astra-Zeneca and the UK govt 24/7 as if they were one and the same. Some EU politicians and Eurocrats are looking for scapegoats no which to pin their own failures. Some are looking to slow the UK vaccination effort with export bans and that may be one reason, unsaid, why GSK's Novavax is to filled and finished in the UK and not in the EU: hopefully that will help build a surplus which could go to the Republic of Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563March 29, 2021 7:36 PM

It's interesting to see the inferiority complex in Europeans, you'd have thought they were near perfect over the last decade and then Covid happened. That fall must hurt.

by Anonymousreply 564March 29, 2021 7:47 PM

Europeans have always had a complex with the British.

by Anonymousreply 565March 29, 2021 7:49 PM

I wonder why that is...

by Anonymousreply 566March 29, 2021 7:51 PM

BTW the Commission president is von der Leyen, not Von der Leyen as her name is spelt at places in the linked articled.

There was plenty of talk last month of the Commission suing Astra-Zeneca but they haven't done so as it seems that AZ has, in fact, kept to its contractual obligations. From the link: "AstraZeneca has only delivered a third of expected deliveries to the UK in the first quarter of the year." It seems AZ have productions problems affecting both the EU and the UK.

Also from link: "“The UK is a tiny, tiny vaccine producer and will always be that. One of the biggest communication mistakes they made was that AstraZeneca supplies were down in the EU because they were up in the UK, which is absurd,” he said. They think of the UK [as] much more of an equal than it is. In vaccine production it is a mouse and the EU will very soon by far be the largest producer in the world … I think they should stop reading the Daily Mail.”"

"I think they should stop reading the Daily Mail.” Well, there's food for thought!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 29, 2021 7:52 PM

HA! Many European countries have underestimated the UK before and it didn't turn out well for them. It's crazy how history repeats itself in some ways.

by Anonymousreply 568March 29, 2021 7:54 PM

Yes the Daily Mail is run by dickheads but even broken clocks are right twice a day.

I get that people hate Brexit and Boris Johnson - I do to - but pretending the European Union hasn't fucked this up big time is as dishonest as putting "500m a week for the NHS" on the side of a bus.

There are some leaders, like the Irish Prime Minister, who corrects the European Commission's language that the EU has exported millions of doses to the UK. No, a private company working across Europe who entered into a deal with the UK government has exported millions of doses to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 569March 29, 2021 8:04 PM

a good read "a thousand year of annoying the french" from Stephen Clarkes, it's only about the franco/english relationship, but it's very funny for an history book. The author usually write fiction but branch out to History book who are fun to read. (better to order it from your country's amazon, it will go faster)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570March 29, 2021 8:05 PM

Linked is an interesting article on AZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 30, 2021 3:45 AM

The EU member nations, the EU citizens, and the EU of Brussels and Ursula von der Leyen are different things.

Most people are more concerned about when do I get my vaccine? and enough of my family and friends and neighbors are vaccinated that life can return to some kind of decent state? After that the attention may turn to plot bonfires for Ursula, but not yet.

by Anonymousreply 572March 30, 2021 7:33 AM

R572 I was thinking of something along the lines of hang, quarter, and burn.

by Anonymousreply 573March 30, 2021 7:46 AM

Ireland was so cocky during Brexit negotiations, insisting that the screws be tightened against the UK, not for economic reasons, but out of malicious spite. They didn’t care how much the UK would suffer, other than the more the better. Now they come with hat in hand again seeking help from the UK. The Irish decided which side they were going to be on between the EU and UK, and having made their bed, they should be forced to lie in it. There should be no special treatment or aid given to Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 574March 30, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote]Ireland was so cocky during Brexit negotiations, insisting that the screws be tightened against the UK, not for economic reasons, but out of malicious spite. They didn’t care how much the UK would suffer, other than the more the better. Now they come with hat in hand again seeking help from the UK. The Irish decided which side they were going to be on between the EU and UK, and having made their bed, they should be forced to lie in it. There should be no special treatment or aid given to Ireland.

Oh fuck off you ignorant twat.

Ireland were put in a dreadful situation over Brexit. They weren't cocky, they were flexible and frank. They wanted a good Brexit outcome as much as the UK because of their geographical position. Ireland does a huge amount of trade with the UK and the shitty Brexit deal has fucked them as much as anyone. It wasn't Ireland who wanted to leave the single market and customs union, it was then UK.

When the European Commission triggered Article 16 of the Northern Ireland protocol over vaccine supplies they did so without discussing it with the Irish government.

by Anonymousreply 575March 30, 2021 8:52 AM

[quote] When the European Commission triggered Article 16 of the Northern Ireland protocol over vaccine supplies they did so without discussing it with the Irish government.

Yes, that was funny, but well-deserved, that Ireland got stabbed in the back by its “allies”.

by Anonymousreply 576March 30, 2021 9:00 AM

Ireland loved Brexit, they loved the idea of seeing the UK suffer. So don't try and paint them as saints, they are far from it. They are paying for how they acted, and they can fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 577March 30, 2021 9:44 AM

The orange men have arrived!

by Anonymousreply 578March 30, 2021 9:58 AM

And now the EU are putting out a treaty for all countries to sign that would equate to everyone get vaccines equally, a global vaccination effort. Funny that they would benefit quite a bit from this.

by Anonymousreply 579March 30, 2021 10:24 AM

Another American/Englishism I got into trouble with was "telling off."

In Britain, if you get "told off" it's no big deal. But in the U.S., it's a real insult to get "told off".

Jab jab jab!

by Anonymousreply 580March 30, 2021 11:35 AM

Ireland and the EU got Northern Ireland, didn't they? That is not a good result for Brexiteers: it seems to signal the break up of the UK so the Little Englanders (a dying breed) can be happy in their retirement/dotage.

Why the UK has so many fatalities from COVID is something of a mystery. 150,000 seems a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 30, 2021 1:51 PM

The Guardian: Berlin, Brandenburg and Munich have paused giving AstraZeneca shots to patients under 60.

Berlin’s state hospital groups Charite and Vivantes on Tuesday also stopped giving female staff under the age of 55 shots of AstraZeneca vaccine following further reports of a rare brain blood disorder.

by Anonymousreply 582March 30, 2021 1:54 PM

a summary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 30, 2021 7:41 PM

There will never be a time when the Irish don’t talk about the famine as if it happened earlier that day.

by Anonymousreply 584March 30, 2021 7:51 PM

If it weren't for the English, Northern Ireland would be a third world shithole, the white Pakistan. They are incapable of governing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 585March 30, 2021 7:58 PM

That shows what the English could have done similarly to raise up the people in the Republic if they had not broken away.

by Anonymousreply 586March 30, 2021 8:19 PM

The English and Irish are only part of the puzzle peeps. Remember the Scots: big players in Ireland. And remember that the Hanover Kings of GB/UK were Germans...

by Anonymousreply 587March 30, 2021 8:56 PM

one more shot

by Anonymousreply 588March 30, 2021 9:11 PM

Where are you R588? One more shot to go or do you need one more shot? Specifics please.

by Anonymousreply 589March 30, 2021 9:13 PM

My 76 year old MIL got her first shot today - Pfizer. She lives in the Kalmar region of Sweden (a few hours south of Stockholm).

by Anonymousreply 590March 30, 2021 9:35 PM

My parents (avg 80) got their first Pfizer in France on Friday, having declined AZ. My husband in UK got his first AZ weeks ago. I got my first Moderna in the US last Friday.

by Anonymousreply 591March 31, 2021 12:58 AM

Hey OP wake up, you making a continuation thread?

by Anonymousreply 592March 31, 2021 12:59 AM

Please to carry on here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593March 31, 2021 1:16 AM

💋☮ ᶤ ʷⓐℕᵗ тØ ƒ𝔲𝓒𝕜 𝔶ᗝỮ 🌷👊

by Anonymousreply 594March 31, 2021 1:49 AM

Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 595March 31, 2021 3:14 PM

R250=Frank Lampard & John Terry

by Anonymousreply 596May 2, 2021 9:28 AM

I'm getting my first shot on Tuesday. It was the first available slot. I'm 34. I'm in the last prioritized group. That's why I had to wait so long.

by Anonymousreply 597July 14, 2021 10:28 AM

Glad to hear you’re getting vaccinated R597! Do you know which one?

by Anonymousreply 598July 14, 2021 11:50 AM

Yassss, qween.

by Anonymousreply 599July 14, 2021 12:01 PM

This thread...

by Anonymousreply 600July 14, 2021 12:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!