Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recollections May Vary Part V: Truth Will Out

Continuing on.

Previous Thread was:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576April 9, 2021 6:33 AM

So interesting within an hour of the Archbishop of Canterbury story breaking, we get a story about H&M planning a home birth for their second child. They always gotta be distracting.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2021 1:55 AM

The Harkles are exhausting, constantly trying to distract from any bad news about them. They're both nutjobs. Folie a deux.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2021 2:47 AM

R1 Home Birth aka the surrogate is moving in.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2021 3:15 AM

Real winners don't try-hard to compete with petty, dueling timed press releases. Pitiful attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2021 3:25 AM

Twitter rumour: Valentine Low who broke the bullying story against Meghan in The Times has been doing some digging into allegations that stem back BEFORE Meghan met Harry including people who worked with her on her blog TIG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2021 3:58 AM

Valentine Low is a genuine danger to the Harkles. He's a blue chip journalist and he's now tasted the abuse of her insane stans. He's going to go after them hard, and will dot every 'i' and cross every 't' when he publishes.

She has yet to sue him or the Times for the damning bullying expose, I notice.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2021 4:28 AM

Um, this is Prince William's new Equerry, Lt. Commander Rob Dixon...I'm sure Kate's not objecting to this appointment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2021 4:31 AM

r7 Very nice!

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2021 4:51 AM

(rolling eyes)

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2021 5:03 AM

r7, One of his pictures shows him flying the Union Flag, so he must be a wayciss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2021 5:13 AM

She fingered Buckingham Palace HR because they are the people who received the bullying claims about her.

That's why we are all so puzzled about 'why go to HR when your entire family has been doing a big push on mental help - and when your husband has a therapist he could have called and got you the best in the world'?

Her mental illness is very real - her claim to feeling mentally ill is entirely fake and designed to rebuff the bullying claims.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2021 7:45 AM

It's ironic that all the racial shit is coming from MeMe herself.

Honestly, other than Princess Michael, I don't think anyone in the BRF cared about Meghan's skin color...in fact, I think a lot of them were excited and pleased about it. And, I know I was when I heard about it...I think a lot of people were. "Oh, good, someone fresh, modern and DIFFERENT in the Royal Family! Yay!" And, then it became obvious that she was just some nutty actress with an agenda.

So, really, it wasn't her color but her obnoxious American Millennial-ness that caused this mess...and her thinking that she needs to approach life like a hungry two bit actress in Hollywood trying to get by with fake tits and a willingness to do anything to "get the part" and tearing down anything/anyone getting in her way.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2021 8:52 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2021 9:08 AM

Valentine Low might be a proper journalist but as yet he hasn't broken anything spectacular. From what I've read/heard, his examples of M's bullying are 1) a member of staff was trembling at the thought of having to tell her bad news and 2) some staff are still traumatized now. I've never heard him allege anything concrete.

I want juicy gossip.

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2021 10:23 AM

After reading many of the DL threads on MM over the past few years, I just thought back to when I first saw her on "Suits." I didn't like her character, her acting or her wonky eye. And I assumed at the time she was Latina or Italian-American. It wasn't until her engagement that I learned she is biracial. No point to this comment other than me comparing my original thoughts about her to everything that has happened since.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2021 10:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2021 1:45 PM

I had no idea who MM was until after she hooked up with Harry. Out of curiosity, I watched a Suits scene of her character. She was having sex with some guy in a supply/file closet. The entire scene, her mouth hangs open like a fish gasping for air. Her eyes are glazed over as she desperately attempts to emote that she is aroused beyond all control. I found myself feeling sorry for the guy. Markle spent most of the scene hyperventilating all over his face. He kept trying to kiss her but her mouth would just hang open.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2021 2:09 PM

Happy Megxit Day everyone! Yippee!

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2021 3:15 PM

Wild to think Harry hasn’t seen his family, friends, or England for a year.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2021 3:36 PM

Somebody needs to look into what happened with her mother Doria and her family.

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2021 3:47 PM

R12's take is a good one. That describes my "journey" regarding this grasper, too.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2021 3:58 PM

Wait r11- Meghan FINGERED someone? So she’s a sexual predator in addition to being an asshole.

Who did she finger-Anne? Kate? Princess Michael of Kent? All dry holes I’d imagine.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2021 4:07 PM

R14 The Times article does have more detail (screaming, belittling people, constant calls, emails, and texts at all times just to see if they were awake) but allegedly some of the more "juicer stuff" hasn't been reported because they couldn't do so without disclosing the identify of the staff and as of right now, those staff are still bound by NDAs they signed with the Crown. The Times article is pretty damning though for both H&M and the Palace. It's notable that MM's lawyers didn't outright deny the story and she has not sued them. The Times has the receipts and MM doesn't not want them going public.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2021 4:11 PM

r11, that HR story was so bloody daft.

She knew she wasn't an employee so why go there? If she was she would know occupational health is the place to go. HR would send a staff member to occy health in a minute.

Mr " I am such a mental health advocate" embarrassed to ask for help.

What a pair of tools.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2021 5:04 PM

I kept telling you Justin was a bad choice for the job.

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2021 5:25 PM

r23 Hmmmm......

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2021 7:23 PM

They are classic Millennial, can’t do anything for themselves idiots. If Meghan truly needed medical care, then pick up the fucking phone.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2021 10:11 PM

R23, which Times article?

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2021 10:12 PM

R28 By Valentine Low in which 12 former employees who worked for H&M at Kensington Palace have accused Megs (and Harry to a lesser degree) of being a bully. H&M's communication director (who later went one to head William and Kate's Foundation) even filed a formal complaint with Buckingham Palace HR about Megs' behaviour (Harry allegedly begged him not to). HR were asked to ignored it (it's believed the Queen private secretary may have had the reported "swept under the carpet) because they didn't want it getting out in the press...basically the Palace put Meghan's reputation ahead of the well-being of staff (which puts a damper on Megs' claims the palace threw her under the bus). H&M had the highest turnover of any royal establishment since Diana and Charles' breakup....including a nanny who quit in the middle of the night having had enough of Megz verbal tirade. That turnover cotinues as their Chief of Staff in the US quit after just 11 months.

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2021 10:18 PM

It's a sad state of affairs that it's hard to tell if this is an April Fools Joke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]It's a sad state of affairs that it's hard to tell if this is an April Fools Joke

Ewwww! Nobody wants to see Markle's vadge!

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2021 12:57 AM

I wouldn't put it past her. She's the ultimate narcissist. Donald Trump must be jealous.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2021 12:59 AM

April Fool comes a day early.

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2021 1:14 AM

R33, it surely must be.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2021 2:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2021 3:04 AM

What do with think changed for the Gruesome Twosome on 3/31?

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2021 3:14 AM

Do we believe Ann was the one to worry about the black baby? I could see her potentially saying something but then again, Ann seems like the one of the few Windsors who would dive on that sword to protect Charles, William, and the monarchy. Normally I would just agree with LCC, but clearly this is a message they want to get out, it's not just the DM stirring the pot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2021 5:32 AM

Second babies come quickly, usually.

Also women tend to defecate during the pushing stage. That could be the elephant in the room, haha. I wont get into the scat details, but I guess she’d have a plan for that.

by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2021 5:47 AM

They give the woman in labor an enema if there's time.

I don't believe that they would invite cameras in for the birth. No way.

by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2021 5:56 AM

R39 No, they don’t give enemas as a rule anymore. Enemas result in messier situations down there vs a more formed, harder bowel movement which is easier to clean up.

by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2021 6:28 AM

R37 I believe it was Anne but Lady C's claim is that Anne's concern wasn't about the colour of the baby, but that Meghan would use the child as leverage if the marriage broke down e.g. she would cry the racist royals don't love my baby because of his skin...which she has except with Harry by her side.

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2021 6:49 AM

R41 100% agree with you here! Anne is notoriously shrewd and saw Megz for what she was from the word go.

Here's the thing, if the royals were going to make someone fall on their sword to protect Charles or William to save the monarchy, why not just use Prince Andrew since he's already fucked as it is.

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2021 6:51 AM

If it was Anne there is no way in hell there was racist intent behind it. Anne has been the Patron of Save the Children for almost 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2021 6:58 AM

Speaking of enemas, I just read the BM on this. Meghan has hired a live in doula and is planning on showing her pussy live, giving birth. They want to go shocking for the first Netflix production. Harry will call his family during the birth. Meghan is considering a water birth where they would all be in the birthing pool as a family. suspension so gravity can help, or an old fashioned birthing stool. I don't think Meghan would shit on camera to break the internet...would she?

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2021 7:19 AM

r43 Precisely. The whole racist comment story they alluded to in the Oprah interview is bs.

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2021 7:42 AM

No way is Markle going to show her moneymaker pussy to the world.

Plus, she looks terrible when pregnant and she isn’t going to want to memorialize that either.

If she’s due “in the summer,” that means she was only about 3-4 months pregnant during the Oprah interview. And she was already huge.

by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2021 11:23 AM

It's April 1. This cannot be true.

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2021 11:27 AM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2021 11:52 AM

Re Anne taking the fall for Charles or William. That was my first thought too except all it would take is Harry piping up to say it wasn’t Anne. Then it would be for nothing.

But Lady C’s story is “it was Anne but she didn’t say *that*, she was generally questioning MM’s suitability and her words were exaggerated in the retelling”....does work to smooth everything over for the time being if Harry/MM are having second thoughts about the interview.

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2021 11:58 AM

"Meghan Markle and Harry both want 'proper time off' after baby girl is born"

More time off. I assume they think what they are doing is 'proper work.' DELUSIONAL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2021 12:05 PM

That blind item is the annual April Fools joke they post every year. Not happening folks.

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2021 12:05 PM

Will Meghz sue?

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2021 12:07 PM

She sues a lot, R52. Which particular thing are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2021 2:09 PM

Will she sue the blind item?

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]But Lady C’s story is “it was Anne but she didn’t say *that*

I'll bet she objected to more gingers in the family...

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2021 2:15 PM

“Recollections may vary” is my go-to expression now.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2021 2:18 PM

That poor little girl. Women like her are especially cruel to their daughters. I don’t know whether to hope little Diana Jr is pretty or hope she’s ugly.

by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2021 2:19 PM

R56 the correct version is, "some recollections may vary."

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2021 2:28 PM

R57, either way she can't win. If she's pretty, MM will hate her for stealing the imelight; if she's plain or ugly, MM will hate her for reflecting badly on her. Pretty sure the reason she hid Archie for so long is that he was no one's idea of a cute baby, as well as being cross-eyed. The only way out is to turn into a Goth or some other kind of deviant.

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote] he was no one's idea of a cute baby, as well as being cross-eyed

He got Andy Cohen Eye from her.

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2021 2:35 PM

While the Harkles are open to much criticism, I'll give them this: If they do truly aspire to be private people (which they don't), they *should* keep Archie's image of the internet. Kate & Wills have to put their kids out their because that's the role, but the Harkles should allow their kids the privacy they keep harping about

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2021 2:40 PM

They don't want privacy. They want to control the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2021 2:43 PM

C'mon...if Archie had been adorable, you just know there would have been tons of photo ops.

by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2021 2:46 PM

Archie looks like her father, with Harry's close set eyes. That's gotta hurt.

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2021 2:59 PM

Close set and crossed, the worst of both parents.

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2021 3:02 PM

Aw, Archie’s a cute lil feller.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2021 3:03 PM

Archie is not cute, and he doesn’t look too alert either. You can quite often spot a “smart” baby by how alert they are.

I have about a million cousins, nieces, and nephews. All the ones who grew up to be smart adults were very alert babies. I don’t see Archie turning out that way. But maybe he just isn’t photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2021 3:24 PM

More from Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2021 3:33 PM

Meghan would have us believe she sought permission to get medical care in a life-or-death situation?

That isn’t her M.O. for anything else. With everything else she’s an “act as if it’s a fait accompli and it will come to you” person.

by Anonymousreply 69April 1, 2021 3:46 PM

The anniversity of Mexit, yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2021 4:19 PM

It is an absolute PR disaster. It was terrible for the BRF, left England and half the US hating Harry and Meghan, and now they're cheap C list American celebrities.

This was a catastrophic fall from grace for two famous people. I think that alone could validate the theory that she runs the PR show in the same hyper controlled, demanding but unsophisticated way she ran her c-list career.

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2021 4:26 PM

R40, thanks for the correction. You mean things have changed since I learned about birthin' from "Call the Midwife"??!?

by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2021 4:29 PM

I don't like babies that much, but Archie looks as cute as any other to me.

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2021 4:34 PM

I think Archie is cute, as far as babies go. I hope he takes after his mom in looks in regard to the aging department instead of his dad. I'm not a fan of Markle but she's a pretty middle aged lady. Meanwhile, Harry is aging like moldy ham.

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2021 4:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2021 5:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2021 5:30 PM

Wait! So, Meghan claimed she knew nothing of the royals before Harry, but she admitted she was friends with Eugenie prior to dating Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2021 5:31 PM

Has anyone heard what, if anything, happened on the anniversary, 3/31?

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2021 5:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2021 5:35 PM

R78 I doubt anything happened. I think the final terms were settled back in February when H&M's patronages were taken away from them and Harry's military appointments. That's going to be the extent of it for now. I think they can continue to use the Sussex titles but not their HRH.

by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2021 5:51 PM

That would certainly explain why they seemed so pissed talking to O, R80. Agree. And perhaps they were trying to shift the terms. Does not seem that it worked.

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Funny, I just got my first vaccine shot here in LA. Big crowd but so well managed. I thought, here are hundreds of people of all shapes, sizes, colors and what have you, working together efficiently and cheerfully to get shit done. If I had any social clout whatsoever, I wouldn't waste it pumping out negativity and division, which sadly is what Meghan and Harry are doing. Wish they'd cut the crap.

by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2021 7:14 PM

R81 So, allegedly in January, Harry started pressuring the Palace to finalize the terms of Megxit as was agreed to as part of a 12 months review. That review wasn't due to happen until March and so the Palace was confused why Harry seemed so pressed. Then news of the Oprah interview was leaked and they had their answer. It's believed that H&M wanted to know their final status with the BRF before the Oprah interview because that would frame their narrative. They didn't get their way so hence the negative tone of the Oprah interview. I think if it had gone their way, while they would have focused more on the British Media and less on the family, though I think Meghan would have still tried to kick some mud at Kate because she's widely jealous of her. Also ITV was alerted to the interview because they wanted footage of an interview with Meghan's father. My feeling is that had Megz gotten her way with the royals, she would have trashed her own family instead. This was always going to be a "Scandalous" interview because that's the only way to get ratings.

Now, there are some rumours that there are two versions of the interview out there, because it's believed that H&M didn't get the final decision about their status until the interview had already begun filming (the interview was shot over two days allegedly), The Mirror (or the Sun) has reported that Oprah and Meghan went back and re-filmed parts of the interview to update it with the fact that they had lost their patronages and military titles. This would also explain why there is allegedly an hour or two of extra footage that wasn't included in the final cut.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2021 7:42 PM

The Associated Newspapers (which owns the Daily Mail) has sent a legal objection to Harpo Productions over falsely attributing headline to the British Press. In legal terms, this is the final step before a lawsuit. It's basically a "this is your final warning" letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2021 7:46 PM

What happened with the Mail on Sunday: did they appeal?

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2021 7:59 PM

R85 I haven't heard anything but I think they have until APril 9th or something.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2021 8:09 PM

R11 even Andrew Moreton said how THE QUEEN and other royals have had psychological help, Megan's claims of being refused ring hollow

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2021 8:13 PM

R84 Well at least we now have a new go-to photo of Meghan and Harry to appear with every single article about them. Used to be that one from I think the Africa tour where he’s glowering at the camera and she’s wearing a sleeveless dress and that little pursed-lip smile, like the cat that got the cream. The new one is quite an unpleasant picture.

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2021 8:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2021 8:55 PM

Funny how only ONE person of three has a face showing, lol, R90.

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2021 9:10 PM

Time off from WHAT, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2021 9:13 PM

How do you take time of from doing fuck all?

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2021 9:20 PM

Time off from abusing staff? Leaking stories to the media? Time off from sueing everyone who doesn't kiss her ass?

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2021 9:24 PM

Precisely. I've been working continuously through the pandemic, in mental health. Not from home. For these two spoilt shits to think they need time off from doing sweet FA is so insulting.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2021 9:28 PM

This is why people hate them. To be this damn clueless about what others are dealing with right now is stunning. They must not listen to anyone around them and this has to be mental illness at this point.

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2021 9:32 PM

The link at R80 is copyright H&M so this thread must be in breach of copyright. Will she sue?

by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote] Time off from abusing staff? Leaking stories to the media? Time off from sueing everyone who doesn't kiss her ass?

Come on, they lost 3 nannies in a few weeks, one leaving in the middle of the night. NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote]even Andrew Moreton said how THE QUEEN and other royals have had psychological help, Megan's claims of being refused ring hollow

She was never "refused" anything. That's half the problem, these two spoiled bitches.

Meghan was never 'refused' medical or mental help. You think the 94 year-old Queen sits around all day, dictating her family's personal lives including their medical care? Megan AND Harry DECIDED not to take her to get help, or find a doctor who might put her in inpatient treatment (if that's even what they thought she needed). It was their choice, full stop.

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2021 10:23 PM

It's nonsense. Like any pregnant woman, MM had pre-natal care. She certainly would have discussed her mental state with her doctor. If she warranted treatment, the dr would have made sure she got it.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote] Megan AND Harry DECIDED not to take her to get help, or find a doctor who might put her in inpatient treatment (if that's even what they thought she needed). It was their choice, full stop.

The truth is that Meghz had no mental/psychiatric problems at all until after Megxit.

by Anonymousreply 101April 1, 2021 10:37 PM

Name ONE thing this grasping, greedy bitch was denied. One thing.

by Anonymousreply 102April 1, 2021 10:43 PM

r102, oh I think maybe she was stopped from the the Oscars right after the baby shower fiasco. Remember they were whooshed off to Morocco to deliver a letter on a totally unplanned tour? That was so peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 103April 1, 2021 11:01 PM

How could Megan been denied mental help since Harry makes sure that Megan gets what Megan wants? Weird! 🤔

by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2021 11:03 PM

R103-- Yes, that was VERY odd. Can you imagine the screaming fit she pitched over that? 🥺 R104--😂

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2021 11:15 PM

Dear Mohammed VI,

Thanks for putting up with these two ingrates for a long weekend, see you at Ascot,

Love and kisses Elizabeth II

by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] Name ONE thing this grasping, greedy bitch was denied. One thing.

FFS, HAVEN'T YOU BEEN FOLLOWING????!!!!!! She was denied the dodgy tiara which caused the Queen to have a word with Haze about his bad behavior toward trusty trout Ange Kelly.

I see the Lord Chamberlain stepped down yesterday: another H&M casualty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2021 11:27 PM

Was it Morocco where Meghan was stopped from walking ahead while Harry was motioned forward to, was it, review some troops?

by Anonymousreply 108April 1, 2021 11:34 PM

She was denied real eggs in the vegan starter where she TASTED EGGS!! This led to a telling off from the queen and she was DENIED her little Violet Elizabeth Bott moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 1, 2021 11:34 PM

Yes, and the bitch hasn't stopped being INCANDESCENT with rage since, 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 110April 1, 2021 11:35 PM

Don't you dare forget that MUSTY ass smell in the church!

by Anonymousreply 111April 1, 2021 11:37 PM

She was DENIED apartments in Windsor Castle, oh the shame of it.

by Anonymousreply 112April 1, 2021 11:48 PM

r102 accidentally started a game but I have the giggles now really bad.

by Anonymousreply 113April 1, 2021 11:50 PM

Me too, 😂

by Anonymousreply 114April 1, 2021 11:51 PM

She was denied that major apartment in Kensington Palace too, come to think of it.

And biggest of all: DENIED A TITLE FOR HER PRICELESS OFFSPRiNG. No HRH Prince Archie for you! (A bigger slap to his parents than it will ever be to the sprog).

by Anonymousreply 115April 1, 2021 11:52 PM

It just shows how absurd her constant whinging and bitching are. We have people living in tents under bridges, ffs. She is so disgusting

by Anonymousreply 116April 1, 2021 11:52 PM

She was DENIED the privilege of sending Kate to the Tower after she made Megs cry over the bridesmaid dresses!

by Anonymousreply 117April 1, 2021 11:54 PM

She was denied William, that is her whole damn problem, imo.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2021 12:00 AM

She was denied the Crown Imperial.

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2021 12:01 AM

She was DENIED the chance to empty the entirety of seating at Wimbledon. Bastards only let her kick one stand full of people out of their seats.

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2021 12:03 AM

She was DENIED a gurls' shopping trip with Duchess Kate! Catherine said no. :( :(

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2021 12:03 AM

Do you guys remember when she sent Kate a knife?! Can you even imagine that little psycho sending one to you?;🥺

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2021 12:05 AM

She was denied a black son. I mean she was denied a white son. I mean, I don't know what I mean (I have Megxit Derangement Syndrome).

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2021 12:06 AM

She should have gone into betting. She denied herself the chance to earn £1.2m per day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2021 12:09 AM

"News of the Oprah interview leaked, and they had their answer..."

That's not what happened R83. News of the O interview leaked to the BRF mid-March, and they immediately issued that announcement about the patronages and everything else being pulled, and waved goodbye. The Sussexes were on their back foot because they were going to use the interview to make a last ditch effort to retain some connection, and the rug had been pulled out from under them. They were so pissed off they re-shot some of it to include more lies, and generally trashed the BRF on the way out the door. Not one word of thanks, needless to say.

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2021 12:10 AM

She was denied Diana's crown 👑. She will never get over that. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2021 12:11 AM

Missed that one, R122, yikes. Any more details or a link?

by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2021 12:15 AM

She was DENIED the use or wearing of any of the Crown jewels that Diana wore. No Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara for Megs.

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2021 12:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2021 12:16 AM

I read that on Lipstick alley. Those ladies always have receipts. I will try to find it, but damn, that thread is literally thousands of pages long, 😆

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2021 12:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2021 12:17 AM

Thank you, R131. She is absolutely mad as a cow.

by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2021 12:18 AM

She was DENIED Diana's big blue eyes and her (to me) maudlin looks.

by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2021 12:18 AM

This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2021 12:23 AM

I truly pity her children. I do hope someone else is watching over them.

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2021 12:26 AM

She was DENIED Kate's figure and instead resembles Sponge Bob Square Pants.

by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote] I truly pity her children. I do hope someone else is watching over them.

Someone said earlier that the Queen has legal custody of Archie if she exercises it. Good luck with that in La-la Land, natch.

by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2021 12:31 AM

Meghan is miserable. She will always be miserable because nothing is ever enough for her. Look at what she has thrown away in what? Two years time? The love and goodwill of the UK, two families, countless friends and on and on. If she weren't such a hateful bitch , I would truly pity her, but she hurts everyone in her path so it is nearly impossible to do so. But she isn't happy. These are not the actions of a happy person. A happy person would be enjoying her family, her home. She is a black soul.

by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2021 12:37 AM

She was DENIED how to cross you legs lessons. That is an OUTRAGE!

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2021 12:37 AM

R30, That.Is.Gross. And Harry (and Smeghan) will have diarrheaed any shred of human, much less royal, decency and dignity there is.

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2021 12:41 AM

That day at Wimbledon was jaw dropping. Wtf DOES that? I had second hand embarrassment for her. The look on the faces of the people with her said it all. They were stunned and humiliated. Then when the man she accused if trying to take her didn't even know who the hell she was? 😂

by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote] She is a black soul.

Are we still allowed to say black?

by Anonymousreply 142April 2, 2021 12:42 AM

Sorry, the man she accused if trying to take her picture. @142

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2021 12:43 AM

R142-- OMG!!! Sorry. She has a biracial soul! 😆

by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2021 12:45 AM

r141, I have no idea who the man was, he was wearing wimbledon colours and was seated quite far forward and below madam. He was nowhere near her....but then how could he be because Meg and her two pals needed a whole stand.

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2021 1:06 AM

R145 he was taking a selfie so he was below Smeg but facing her with his back to the court so she accused him - j’accuse! - of trying to take her picture.

Silly cow.

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2021 1:08 AM

She sat there enraged the rest of the time because he didn't even know wtf she was. Petulant, her prevalent mood, it seems. 😭

by Anonymousreply 147April 2, 2021 1:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 2, 2021 1:35 AM

Are we sure he wasn’t trying to get her picture? I know I would.

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2021 1:35 AM

No, he wasn't. He wasn't even facing her, iirc

by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2021 1:39 AM

R149 Yes, we’re sure. A photographer caught a photo of the scene and you can clearly see the man’s face in his own camera. The man is an ardent tennis fan who goes to Wimbledon every year and like most Brits, he doesn’t know anything about the royals.

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2021 1:52 AM

Apparently, a former tennis world champ was also forbidden from taking photos of the match because the DutchAss was offended.

by Anonymousreply 153April 2, 2021 1:54 AM

I get it, but I'm just saying....I would take a selfie and try and get Meghan (or any celeb) in the background. I did it once at the Hollywood Bowl when Heather Locklear was seated behind me. Come on – you would, too.

by Anonymousreply 154April 2, 2021 1:59 AM

She was DENIED the Vladimir tiara! ( Much anger, many tears)

by Anonymousreply 155April 2, 2021 2:14 AM

No, I wouldn’t. It’s a very frau-y thing to do, to get all excited about “celebrities.” I grew up in So Cal and have seen more famous people than I care to admit, and not once have I felt the urge to take a picture. Maybe if it was a world leader like Obama or Putin, sure, but not some cocksucking, entitled actress.

by Anonymousreply 156April 2, 2021 2:14 AM

R125 Considering the Oprah interview aired in early March, the BRF heard about it BEFORE mid-March. I'm assuming you meant it leaked in mid-February? R83 is actually correct as it was documented in several papers in the UK. Harry got onto the Queen about finalizing the 12 months review shortly after the holidays. Palace Staff didn't understand why he seemed so frantic to get a final deal in place because the original agreement was they wouldn't review whether H&M were going to return to the firm or not until March 2021.Harry was desperate to know what the status of his titles and patronage would be and that's when the Oprah stuff leaked and the Palace basically cut them off (which btw it had already been agreed in 2020 that Harry and Meghan would lose their patronages and military titles if they didn't return to the fold in 12 months).

by Anonymousreply 157April 2, 2021 2:27 AM

I may not be a jaded, seen-it-all sophisticate like R156 but I would still find camp value in a surreptitious selfie with a far-off, blurry Meghan Markle over my shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 158April 2, 2021 3:38 AM

The only thing wrong with Archie is that he is white. It destroys MM’s claim that it was racist to deny him a title. It’s the only card she has to play, and she’s not letting some damn kid screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 159April 2, 2021 3:39 AM

I suspect that Markle was really hoping that when she 'withheld' the baby from public view for a bit it would drum up "but what color is the baby?" discussion in media and on social media, so that she would have some basis for claiming the country was racist.

As it is, no one asked, so she changed her fantasy of it into a claim that a member of the BRF said it while she was pregnant, which beggars belief since, like the rest of the world, the family would have known that the kid would be white.

by Anonymousreply 160April 2, 2021 3:48 AM

R159 The race card is the only card she has ever had to play. It's the only reason she was allowed to marry in the royal family. A biracial Princess was great for the brand. Sadly she's playing the race card at a time when America is more racially hyper than it has been since the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 161April 2, 2021 3:51 AM

If The Firm had been THAT concerned about the potential skin tone of Harry's progeny, The Firm would never have allowed them to marry/procreate. At the least, it would have been a subject that was brought up to Hapless at the beginning of the relationship with Markle, again when he started traveling with her and there would have been some type of intervention from the entire family when it was realized the two of them were "serious". None of that happened. None of it.

Do you know how I know none of that happened? Because those two would have already told their embellished version of it through Scobie or in the Oprah interview.

Archie's skin color wasn't an issue to that family until Hapless and Smug lied about it and smeared them all as racists. Just as they've tried smearing the entire UK as racists.

by Anonymousreply 162April 2, 2021 3:58 AM

To the person who suggested that Meghan may be using a surrogate ,I have to state the following - she is definitely pregnant. I have had 3 children, my daughter has had 3 children. I knew the moment the camera hit her that she was pregnant. Her face is swollen, including her nose. It is what it is. BTW - I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 163April 2, 2021 4:00 AM

r118 OOh interesting. You think Meghan has an obsessive desire for and wants to shag Prince William?

by Anonymousreply 164April 2, 2021 4:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2021 4:22 AM

R164--- Yes, I think she did based on pictures of her gazing adoringly at him. Then there was the now famous " scarfing" incident. It was one of her soho friends who admitted to leaking the cheating (Rose) rumours as well. I do think she wanted him, if for no other reason to be in Kate's position as future Queen. How Harry did not see this I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2021 4:24 AM

I believe this, r118, from the way she looked at William in some videos.

by Anonymousreply 167April 2, 2021 4:24 AM

R118 & R167 William is a bigger prize than Harry (in many ways) and it's the reason why Meghan loathes Kate. I don't think Meghan loves either William or Harry but if she could have landed William she would have. I also think she fabricated the rumours that William had an affair with Rose Hanbury. She took advantage of a brief hiccup in Kate & Rose's friendship (which is apparently restored now) to try and destabilize their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 168April 2, 2021 4:29 AM

r166 WOW I had no idea one of her Soho friends had admitted to leaking those rumours.

by Anonymousreply 169April 2, 2021 4:31 AM

Harpo productions has responded to the Daily Mail saying the headlines they used were quote: "substantially true." I'm calling it, this is going to court. Daily Mail's legal team was clearly trying to goat Harpo into responding to clear the way for legal action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 2, 2021 4:33 AM

How can Harpo claim "substantially true" when they took a DM article about a woman who was being fired for saying something negative about Meghan's genes, but then took the direct quotes of the woman, who the DM was clearly criticizing, and pretended that her quote was written by the Daily Mail themselves?

I sense a settlement coming from Harpo to the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 171April 2, 2021 5:04 AM

R171 If Daily Mail sues it'll go to court unless Harpo removes the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 172April 2, 2021 5:09 AM

There is actual proof that Meghan KNEW that being biracial was something that the BRF was happy and excited about about. That's why, when Archie was, as a great-grandchild, not given an HRH or a Prince title, she made a point of saying that she "Would not serve Archie up on a silver platter" by making his Christening a normal affair.

She knew this would disappoint the family because she knew that they valued Archie's mixed heritage as a way to show the public they were modernising. That's why she chose to hold him back. To get back at them for not bending the rules for her on the basis that he was one-quarter (max) black.

This is why I don't believe for a minute that anyone from the family said anything negative about Archie's (technical) race.

by Anonymousreply 173April 2, 2021 5:14 AM

Let's be honest here...how many decent families would be happy about someone like MM marrying their unstable, volatile son, especially if it were a British family?

Divorced, older, very sketchy family members, ie her half-brother and nephew, showbiz career including the suitcase girl and hamburger grilling pics and slutty Suits scenes?

by Anonymousreply 174April 2, 2021 6:38 AM

Let's be honest here...how many decent families would be happy about someone like MM marrying their unstable, volatile son, especially if it were a British family?

Divorced, older, very sketchy family members, ie her half-brother and nephew, showbiz career including the suitcase girl and hamburger grilling pics and slutty Suits scenes?

by Anonymousreply 175April 2, 2021 6:39 AM

R175-- Exactly, especially knowing she is a golddigger who doesn't really love him. Her being biracial was probably the ONLY thing about her that they actually approved of.

by Anonymousreply 176April 2, 2021 6:42 AM

Just in case anyone was wondering, Meghan showing her pussy on camera for a live birth was an April Fools Day joke, as another posted noted upthread. I didn't even consider that, which I think is very telling of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 177April 2, 2021 6:45 AM

KLAN thread run by KKK leaders Dex and Surviving Angel. Please f and f.

by Anonymousreply 178April 2, 2021 6:47 AM

LoL, I actually thought she would , knowing how desperate she is for attention. But thank God the world will be spared that sorry site!

by Anonymousreply 179April 2, 2021 6:49 AM

TBT - Meghan in break out role as blow job girl in pilot episode on the 90210 remake back in 2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 2, 2021 6:55 AM

What absolutely perfect casting! 😂

by Anonymousreply 181April 2, 2021 6:59 AM

Meghan's biracial heritage was probably the ONE thing the family actually liked about her. The rest of it made her someone they would never want in the family, but the biracial thing was genuinely something they wanted. That and the fact that Harry seemed to be happy.

Had Meghan been white, her dodgy history and terrible would have presented two tremendous stumbling blocks to the family assenting to the marriage. As it was, they were not only willing to look past both those problems, but to treat her better than any previous incoming bride has ever been treated.

by Anonymousreply 182April 2, 2021 7:10 AM

^^^ her terrible behavior

by Anonymousreply 183April 2, 2021 7:10 AM

To be fair, R180, I would have given Dustin Milligan a blow job in a heartbeat, too.

by Anonymousreply 184April 2, 2021 11:25 AM

R166 Absolutely agree with this theory. I believe MM tested the boundaries of Will and Kate’s relationship early on, using H to get close. No doubt Will saw through this immediately and MMs years long temper tantrum and jealousy of Kate ensued.

by Anonymousreply 185April 2, 2021 11:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 2, 2021 1:32 PM

I can imagine that, jealous as she was of Kate's position, slimness, family, and resources, MM despised Kate for her blandness, self-effacingness, and subservience.

by Anonymousreply 187April 2, 2021 2:30 PM

It's all really fallen apart since the Oprah interview. Nothing seems to stand up or at least withstand scrutiny. You either believe them blindly or common sense makes you skeptical.

I saw this weird, trolling thread about how DL fantastically hates Markle and is psychotic over it. I don't hate Markle. I don't know her. I just see a transparent public figure who is, in a public figure way, going about her business of seeking attention while behaving in a way that is censurable. I don't hate Meghan Markle but personally I disapprove of her and my feelings land between disregard and disdain. Basically, she's yuck. I can't find words for my contempt for her Stans that invade here. What a bunch of losers with no hope and no deserving of it. Mindless. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 188April 2, 2021 2:50 PM

R172 wow, lawyers are really the only people benefitting from the whole Markle drama. Meghan is like their patron saint.

by Anonymousreply 189April 2, 2021 3:15 PM

I'm sure Oprah is defiant. Why wouldn't she be? So full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 190April 2, 2021 3:48 PM

I lost all respect for Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 191April 2, 2021 3:54 PM

So, if he feels so liberated is he going to give back his titles and stop whining about the fact the family (and country) he wants no part of stop paying his bills?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 2, 2021 4:52 PM

R188 Wow a rational, logical opinion on DL! I'm shocked! And 100% agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 193April 2, 2021 5:04 PM

R192, seems implausible, just more Sunshine Sucks spin. Time will tell. His grandparents, who he seemed close to are SO elderly. He is missing this time and doing nothing but vexing them. Harry is no better than his wife, birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 194April 2, 2021 5:12 PM

R`76 - That's the real irony in all this: the only thing that got Meghan's foot in the door was the race card, which she then used to get herself out the door with as much loot (tangible and intangible) as she could carry in the shortest amount of time.

As each item of hypocrisy, obfuscation, and outright lying becomes public, it becomes clearer that the Queen was right to issue a pleasantly worded but subtle warning that the BRF weren't going to be blackmailed, and to refuse to take the Poison Debate The Points Pawn.

I don't doubt there's more in the pipeline that won't make Meghan look good, and that will make some of her supporters wish they'd kept their mouth shuts before all the "data" was in. It will drip out slowly, in measured spoonsful, until the cup of venom Meghan so imprudently spilled in that interview is suddenly overflowing into her lap.

I thought it quite funny that Gayle King's newest comment, made in heartfelt terms, that her wish is that the royal family will once again become "unified" - i.e., that the Sussexes will once again be enfolded in the bosom of the family as if nothing had happened, and that King hadn't just a week or so ago tried to do Meghan's dirty and blackmail Britain's Head of State by warning about more "leaks" if Harry's "concerns" weren't "addressed".

I'm guessing that the private blowback from Charles and William after King tried that (followed by Omid Scabies trying it) made it clear that that wasn't a "productive" tactic, either.

by Anonymousreply 195April 2, 2021 5:13 PM

^*that was meant for R176, not R76.

And, R194, I completely agree that one of the unintended outcomes of the interview was to show what a shite Harry is, and how well rid the BRF is of both of them.

by Anonymousreply 196April 2, 2021 5:16 PM

R194 I agree that Harry is a fucking turd that needs to be flushed away. There have been rumours that Eugenie (and perhaps Beatrice) is pissed with Charles about her lack of an official role in the royals and may also eventually move to the States (allegedly she's still close to both Meghan and Harry) but has the good sense to wait until her grandparents (whom she adores) are both dead and buried before making any kind of move.

by Anonymousreply 197April 2, 2021 5:23 PM

I don't know if Gayle King was ever a news person or reporter, but what she is now is a mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 198April 2, 2021 5:27 PM

R198 - You are so full of shit.

Harry and Meghan are money makers because people are interested and/or entertained by them.

Any media people worth their salt with connections will report on them for the $$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 199April 2, 2021 5:33 PM

R198 When her mouth isn't in Oprah's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 200April 2, 2021 5:34 PM

The hilarious part of the interview was Harry saying the firm got very afraid after their Oz tour as she did such an amazing job (!) and they feared she'd become a second Diana!

by Anonymousreply 201April 2, 2021 6:21 PM

R192 Man, look at her in that picture. That is a person who LOVES the camera

by Anonymousreply 202April 2, 2021 6:57 PM

R59 I think you hit on the biggest reason meghan wanted out of England. From the photos I have seen she did not gain a huge amount of weight during her pregnancy but she carried it over her whole body.

I myself only gained 29 pounds and lost it in less than 4 weeks aft birth but it tooks months for everything to settle back down. She and I have similar body types.

Archie is a perfectly lovely baby who will grow up to be a presentable adult but he does not photograph well.

Those things would be fine if not constantly being compared to Kate.

Kate is tall and caries nicely. She just looks normal with a bump in front. And seems to be back to perfect body a week after a baby.

That and her children look like Madame Alexander turned them out of her doll factory.

If Archie had been a prettier baby she would have stayed in England and trotted him out every chance she got.

by Anonymousreply 203April 2, 2021 6:59 PM

BREAKING: : Harry and Meghan were in talks with video platform Quibi in early-2019: a year before Megxit. Remember in the Oprah interview H&M claimed they only sought commercial deals with Netflix & Spotify because the royal family cut them off financially in mid-2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 2, 2021 8:51 PM

Paywalled R204 - what does it say?

by Anonymousreply 205April 2, 2021 8:59 PM

R204 & R205 I can't get the paywall either but what's being posted on Twitter that Meghan's people in the US were in serious talks in early-2019 to work with Quibi to promote their "not-for profit" travel organization Travalyst. It's believed Harry met with them in person in January 2020 but the deal fell through (a short while later, they announced their deal with Netflix and Spotify)

by Anonymousreply 206April 2, 2021 9:07 PM

Just two old people out for a walk. Charles looks as old as his mother the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 2, 2021 9:16 PM

The second photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 2, 2021 9:16 PM

I didn't know Clarence House has such a good garden.

by Anonymousreply 209April 2, 2021 9:22 PM

R209 - it's Frogmore House on the Windsor estate.

by Anonymousreply 210April 2, 2021 9:24 PM

They should have walked past Frogmore Cottage with a "To Let" sign up in the background.

by Anonymousreply 211April 2, 2021 9:28 PM

R208 the Queen looks spry and in good form for someone about to turn 95. Charles looks like he's in his 80s.

by Anonymousreply 212April 2, 2021 9:29 PM

Wait, THAT'S what Frogmore looks like?! Surely H&M's Californian place can't be prettier than that; it's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 213April 2, 2021 9:32 PM

R213 Daffodils and blossom are just so NOT Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 214April 2, 2021 9:35 PM

The Queen is only 22 years older than Charles.

And yes Frogmore is gorgeous - the Cherry blossoms are magnificent.

BUT Megs knew she could never own F cottage, and that she wouldn't get it in the divorce, so California it had to be.

by Anonymousreply 215April 2, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] Megs knew she could never own F cottage, and that she wouldn't get it in the divorce, so California it had to be.

Soooooo true. Poor Hal.

by Anonymousreply 216April 2, 2021 9:41 PM

R215 It looks like there is a lot less than 22 years before Charles and the Queen. Charles has aged terribly compared to his parents. This is Prince Philip at 72 (the same age Charles is now) and the Queen at 67.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 2, 2021 9:45 PM

Yes R217, a remarkable couple.

by Anonymousreply 218April 2, 2021 9:47 PM

Yes, r217. Neither the Queen or Philip seemed to drink very much, whereas Charles looks as though he drinks quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 219April 2, 2021 9:47 PM

R219 The Queen allegedly has (or at least when she was younger) two cocktails a day. Philip usually had a glass of wine at dinner. The Queen Mother was drunk by noon.

by Anonymousreply 220April 2, 2021 9:49 PM

A former Quibi employee is confirming on Twitter that Harry met the company in a top "secret meeting" during the summer of 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 2, 2021 9:51 PM

R208 What is the ruined building behind them? Some old abbey perhaps or castle?

by Anonymousreply 222April 2, 2021 9:53 PM

R222 I think that's the Victoria & Albert mausoleum.

by Anonymousreply 223April 2, 2021 9:55 PM

The Queen Mother was a complete lush, so put her to one side, but the Queen's '2 cocktails' aren't what our 2 cocktails would be now. Cocktail glasses - and many wine glasses - used to be nearly half the size they are now. What we think of as 'a martini glass' is far larger than it was when the martini was invented. Even champagne glasses were far smaller, and non-fluted, so there was a reasonable amount of spillage unless one kept a steady hand or only kept it half- full. Different times.

by Anonymousreply 224April 2, 2021 9:56 PM

{quote] What is the ruined building behind them? Some old abbey perhaps or castle?

It's Harry's Hermitage, post-Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 225April 2, 2021 9:59 PM

R213, Frogmore House is wonderful. M&H were offered Frogmore Cottage, which isn’t that great, as these things go.

by Anonymousreply 226April 2, 2021 10:07 PM

Gayle is definitely a mouthpiece for O. On CBS This Morning she questioned why the BRF were investigating privately the accusations of racism while also saying they were looking into the bullying claims. She also made sure to mention that anyone who ever worked with Meghan has said she’s absolutely lovely.

by Anonymousreply 227April 2, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] ...made sure to mention that anyone who ever worked with Meghan has said she’s absolutely lovely

Really? Everyone? Absolutely everyone? GK has spoken to EVERYONE WHO EVER WORKED WITH MEGHAN??? What about those who she bullied? Do you think they thought she was "absolutely lovely".

Meghan's Mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 228April 2, 2021 10:17 PM

Instead of MM, he should actually do voiceovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 2, 2021 10:18 PM

R229, that was...

... sexy?

... I hate to admit it. But, my god, his voice. Never thought him anything but repugnant, wow.

by Anonymousreply 230April 2, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote]Harry will call his family during the birth.

Hopefully they won't accept the call.

by Anonymousreply 231April 2, 2021 10:50 PM

I have to say, as April's Fools jokes go, the one about Megs and co filming her home birth is an overwhelmingly disgusting image to behold - even momentarily - in one's mind.

Makes quite the lasting impression.

by Anonymousreply 232April 2, 2021 10:56 PM

I can access the Telegraph article. Does anyone want me to C&P it? It's long.

by Anonymousreply 233April 2, 2021 11:24 PM

Part One: Harry and Meghan were in talks with video platform a year before ‘Megxit’

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were discussing projects with a billion-dollar backed US streaming service a year before they stepped down as senior members of the Royal family, it has emerged.

The Sussexes had a series of meetings with Quibi, a now-defunct rival to YouTube, from early 2019 until after they dropped their 'Megxit' bombshell in January last year.

The Duke returned from the so-called Sandringham Summit to meet executives from the short video platform in London as plans for him to provide content apparently reached advanced stages.

In their interview with Oprah Winfrey, the couple said that they “didn’t have a plan” upon leaving the Royal family, but The Telegraph has learnt that they had talks with executives of the £1.3 billion start-up before their son Archie was born in May 2019.

The discussions are understood to have led to tensions with Palace staff fearful they would be accused of “cashing in” on their status, and because the couple were predominantly consulting Meghan’s US-based team of advisers.

A source with knowledge of the situation said: “There were well-developed proposals in place with Quibi from early 2019.”

A royal source added: “A lot of it was orchestrated by Meghan’s people in America. It was a bit of a secret squirrel.”

Sources in the UK and US confirmed there were numerous conversations with Quibi, including its founder Jeffrey Katzenberg, described as “one of Hollywood’s premier political kingmakers”, and Meg Whitman, chief executive, a former president of eBay.

After Quibi drew up a proposal in early 2019, there were conference calls to discuss a plan for their own series of 10-minute videos. There was a meeting in London last January, which the Duke attended with James Holt, the new executive director of Archewell, the couple’s non-profit organisation.

Shortly afterwards, the couple relocated to Los Angeles, and the pandemic put all plans on hold.

Quibi did well on its launch last April, but by September, around the time the Sussexes said they had signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix, it was on the verge of shutting down.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment. Unfolding events

They told Oprah Winfrey they “didn’t have a plan”. Revealing that they had been “cut off” by the Royal family, Harry, Duke of Sussex, insisted that he and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, only signed deals with Netflix and Spotify out of immediate financial necessity.

As the Duke told the US chat show host: “The Netflix and the Spotify, they’re all . . . that was never part of the plan.”

“Because you didn’t have a plan?” prompted Ms Winfrey. “We didn’t have a plan,” replied the Duchess, with the Duke adding: “We didn’t have a plan. That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford . . . afford security for us.”

The Telegraph has now learned that the couple spent more than a year in the lead up to “Megxit” in talks with a now defunct US streaming platform which would have seen them make a series of 10-minute videos.

by Anonymousreply 234April 2, 2021 11:29 PM

Part Two:

There was a meeting in London last January, which the Duke attended with James Holt, the new executive director of Archewell, the couple’s non-profit organisation.

Shortly afterwards, the couple relocated to Los Angeles, and the pandemic put all plans on hold.

Quibi did well on its launch last April, but by September, around the time the Sussexes said they had signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix, it was on the verge of shutting down.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment. Unfolding events

They told Oprah Winfrey they “didn’t have a plan”. Revealing that they had been “cut off” by the Royal family, Harry, Duke of Sussex, insisted that he and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, only signed deals with Netflix and Spotify out of immediate financial necessity.

As the Duke told the US chat show host: “The Netflix and the Spotify, they’re all . . . that was never part of the plan.”

“Because you didn’t have a plan?” prompted Ms Winfrey. “We didn’t have a plan,” replied the Duchess, with the Duke adding: “We didn’t have a plan. That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford . . . afford security for us.”

The Telegraph has now learned that the couple spent more than a year in the lead up to “Megxit” in talks with a now defunct US streaming platform which would have seen them make a series of 10-minute videos.

The story behind their conversations with Quibi, once hailed the next YouTube and backed by £1.3 billion of investment from the likes of Disney, NBC and Goldman Sachs, lays bare some of the apparent tensions between the Sussexes and their staff as they attempted to walk the tightrope between royal duty and potential commercial opportunity.

Throughout 2019, the couple held a series of discussions with senior executives from Quibi including its founder Jeffrey Katzenberg, described as "one of Hollywood's premier political kingmakers” and its CEO Meg Whitman, a former president of eBay and Hewlett Packard.

Worth an estimated £650 million, Mr Katzenberg, a former chairman of Walt Disney Studios, is one of the Democratic Party’s top national fundraisers in the US, having actively supported Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama.

Ms Whitman was a senior member of Mitt Romney's presidential campaigns in both 2008 and 2012 and ran for governor of California as a Republican in 2010, but supported Democrats Mrs Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 235April 2, 2021 11:30 PM

Part Three:

Both apparently viewed the Duke and Duchess as the key to getting their “mobile-based Netflix” off the ground, actively courting them in the run up to its eagerly-anticipated launch in April 2020.

The couple stated in their “Megxit” statement of January 2020 that they “intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.” Still working royals

They went on to sign lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify, thought to be worth millions of dollars.

But when they were still full-time working royals, palace aides are understood to have long harboured concerns that the couple would be accused of cashing in on their royal status because of their meetings with Quibi, or tarnished by association if it failed to take off.

As one source put it: “Chinese walls were put up and certain amounts of information weren’t shared which just made it difficult to protect the couple from accusations of attempting to monetise their role.

“It was hard for royal aides to be supportive of projects like Quibi because they knew how it might look but the couple kept dismissing these concerns. They didn’t seem to see the pitfalls of any potential conflict of interests.”

Amid much talk of conflict behind the gates of Kensington Palace, with a bullying complaint submitted against the couple in October 2018, it seems one bone of contention for royal aides was the couple's “secretive” conversations with the Duchess's trio of US advisers.

Asked whether she would be giving up her career in their November 2017 engagement interview, the Duchess replied: “I don’t see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change.” Netflix subscribers Sunshine Sachs and sussexroyal.com

Multiple sources in the UK and US have confirmed that the Duchess continued to consult her lawyer Rick Genow, her business manager Andrew Meyer and her talent agent Nick Collins, during her time in the Royal family – with regular conference calls even set up to link both sides of the Atlantic.

Another key figure who remained in her sphere of external advisers throughout was Keleigh Thomas Morgan of PR firm Sunshine Sachs, who helped to broker the Duchess’s first interview about dating the Duke with Vanity Fair in September 2017, before going on to mastermind the couple's first charitable foundation, Sussex Royal.

by Anonymousreply 236April 2, 2021 11:31 PM

Part Four:

The quartet are understood to have helped with the registration and development of the couple’s new website, sussexroyal.com, in March 2019.

According to one insider: “Rick, Andrew and Nick came with the territory. So did Keleigh. They were constantly fielding proposals for Meghan and bringing stuff to her.

“But the team in America did pose problems for staff at KP. There was always quite a lot of secrecy surrounding the couple’s conversations with the US.

“Certain people would be in the know about what was going on with things like Quibi, while others wouldn’t have a clue. Discussions that had been quite public would then suddenly go underground, into the 'private' space. It was all quite difficult to manage at times.”

In September 2019, James Holt, now executive director of the couple’s Archewell non-profit organisation, confirmed that Sunshine Sachs had been “supporting us with outreach and coordination in the US.”

The firm helped with the launch of the Duke's sustainable travel initiative, Travlyst. Mental health initiative

Around the time the Sussexes had received a proposal from Quibi in April 2019, they announced that the Duke would be teaming up with Ms Winfey to create a series of documentaries about mental health. The shows were to air on Apple TV+, Apple’s video streaming service expected to be released that autumn, after Ms Winfrey had signed a multi-year deal to create programmes for the streaming platform.

But the announcement on the Sussexes’ new Instagram page took Buckingham Palace by surprise, with the Queen’s private secretary Sir Edward Young and Prince Charles’s counterpart Clive Alderton both contacting Samantha Cohen, then the couple’s private secretary, requesting more details.

“The Apple TV series was a bit problematic because senior palace staff were given minimal information about it," added a royal source.

“Meghan had insisted it be announced on Instagram because they had just launched the Sussex Royal page and wanted to make all the big announcements on there. But no one had seen the fine print. There was uncertainty over the commercial terms of the deal.”

The palace briefed at the time that the collaboration to “accelerate change for a more compassionate, connected and positive society” was the result of “several months of discussions” with Ms Winfrey, who had attended the couple’s wedding in May 2018. 'Surviving' rather than 'thriving'

Confirming the Duke would be donating his fee to a mental health charity, a spokesman for Kensington Palace said the multi-part documentary series "will focus on both mental illness and mental wellness, inspiring viewers to have an honest conversation about the challenges each of us faces, and how to equip ourselves with the tools to thrive, rather than to simply survive".

The Duchess would later use the same terminology to describe how she was “surviving” rather than “thriving” in the Royal family during an October 2019 interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby.

During the Oprah interview, the Duchess suggested that she went into the Royal family “naively” and that they “only wanted to have the same type of role that exists”.

by Anonymousreply 237April 2, 2021 11:32 PM

Part Five:

Citing royals who “earn a living, live on palace grounds, can support the Queen if and when called upon", she said: “We weren’t reinventing the wheel here.”

However, there was no precedent for full-time working royals to earn money outside the institution. Figures like the Earl and Countess of Wessex had to give up successful careers to devote their lives to public service.

While Prince Andrew’s daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, do earn their own living, they are not and never have been full-time working royals.

The royal source added: “There was a constant dialogue from the couple along the lines of: “Why can’t we do this? You can’t stop us from doing what we want to do". Calling the shots

“They were calling the shots and would be the ones instructing the press office on what line to put out.”

The Duchess suggested in the Oprah interview that the institution did not do enough to defend her against negative press coverage. But insiders on both sides of the Atlantic revealed the Duchess did have a great deal of control over the couple’s PR, writing her own Instagram posts and even selecting the imagery to go with them.

“Meghan was the one controlling the timing of announcements, and doing a lot of the planning,” said one source. “She had a grid and was plotting the cadence and order in which all of their plans would come to fruition. There was a sense that Meghan thought she knew what was best for them.”

by Anonymousreply 238April 2, 2021 11:34 PM

Sixth and final part:

Another insider revealed how royal aides were left in a quandary after Meghan attended a baby shower in New York without taking any palace staff with her.

As guests including Serena Williams and Amal Clooney began to arrive at the exclusive Mark Hotel alongside trolleys-full of baby items, staff back in London wondered how they should register the freebies in accordance with the Royal family's strict rules on declaring gifts.

“That was a bit of a headache, not least because no one from the palace was there to oversee what was happening,” said the source. “The American lot were the ones dealing with the baby shower.”

Eyebrows were also raised four months later when the couple attended the Lion King premiere in London, when they met the singer Beyonce and her rapper husband Jay Z. Voiceover work

Video footage later emerged of the Duke touting the Duchess's skills as a voice over artist to Disney CEO Bob Iger. “You know she does voiceovers, right?” he told the media mogul. “She’s really interested,” to which Mr Iger replied: “We’d love to try”.

In January 2020, it emerged that the Duchess had signed a deal with Disney to do a voiceover for a wildlife charity called Elephants Without Borders, having reportedly recorded it before the couple left for their six-week sabbatical in Canada in November 2019 to consider their future.

The couple said Disney had made a donation to their charity work on the environment and conservation.

Holed up in a multi-million pound mansion on Vancouver Island over Christmas 2019, the couple are understood to have masterminded their departure from the Royal family with the help of Mr Genow, Mr Meyer, Mr Collins and Ms Thomas Morgan.

Around the same time, the Duchess’s company, Frim Fram Inc, was moved out of California and incorporated in Delaware, which tax experts suggested could have been done to avoid being hit with tax liabilities in California.

Corporation filings seen by The Telegraph showed that the move was made on New Year's Eve, while the couple were still in Canada. Mr Meyer and Mr Genow are listed as CEO and secretary of Frim Fram Inc.

With its flexible business laws and low personal income tax rates, Delaware is known for being home to more corporations than people, with almost 65 per cent of Fortune 500 companies incorporated in the state.

A source said at the time that as the Duchess was no longer resident in California it was appropriate for the registration to be moved. It is understood that the company receives payments for work undertaken by the Duchess before she joined the Royal Family, such as residual payments from her acting work.

The company was described by the source as "largely inactive". On March 10 last year, the company’s status changed from “active” to “merged out”.

In January 2020, the Duke had his last meeting with Quibi at Soho Works, a workspace in London’s White City. Previous conversations had taken place while the Duke was at Kensington Palace and at Frogmore, the couple’s Windsor home.

The discussions with Quibi, understood to have been about a sustainable tourism project, never came to anything. Its app fell out of the list of the 50 most-downloaded free iPhone apps in the US a week after it was released in April 2020, as the coronavirus pandemic put the global economy on hold.

In late 2020, the streaming platform shut down after just over seven months of operation due to a lack of interest and profitability. Of the initial £1.3 billion raised, Quibi only returned £250 million.

On October 22, 2020, Mr Katzenberg reportedly told the employees to listen to the song "Get Back Up Again" from the Dreamworks movie Trolls as he announced that they would be fired.

By then, the Duke and Duchess had announced they had signed a multi-million dollar deal to make content for Netflix. Three months later, they announced they had also signed a similarly lucrative deal to make podcasts for Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 239April 2, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote]I don't know if Gayle King was ever a news person or reporter, but what she is now is a mouthpiece.

My mom, one of those ancient people that still actually *watched* the news, could never stand Gayle King; I couldn't figure out why CBS kept her around, but now the answer is obvious: whatever deal the Big O has with CBS clearly *includes* Gayle. That's why she keeps flogging the Harkle thing: a knock on that interview and the credibility of the Harkles is a knock on her benefactor, Oprah. And Gayle doesn't shit where she eats!

Also, some other posted indicated that the Harkles were benefitting from Oprah's largess & that interview was payment was completely right. She's got $$ reasons for unconditionally supporting them.

by Anonymousreply 240April 2, 2021 11:38 PM

Can someone clarify this?

-They have a deal with Oprah to do a mental health series for Apple TV

-They have a deal with Netflix

-They have a deal with Spotify

All I’ve heard about is one podcast for Spotify around Christmas. Has anything else ever been produced? The Oprah deal was announced while they were still part of the BRF I believe.

by Anonymousreply 241April 2, 2021 11:49 PM

Their ruthless dishonesty and breathtaking cynicism as they turned every single truth upside down, stood them on their heads and used those inverted facts to smear the BRF is mindboggling.

They are truly a disgusting pair. All whilst talking about compassion, kindness, and equality.

I imagine the Telegraph story is more.of the leaks the Palace is allowing out, bit by bit, to tell its side and show who Meghan and Harry really are.

by Anonymousreply 242April 2, 2021 11:54 PM

They are liars. Serial liars. As is Oprah. Truth twisters. And liars.

by Anonymousreply 243April 2, 2021 11:57 PM

Thread is throttled already.

How many companies and showbiz entities have they pitched already? She’s been laying the groundwork for YEARS at this point, and they’ve gotten three gigs? And the actual output has been a one-off podcast.

by Anonymousreply 244April 3, 2021 12:03 AM

So they started these talks with Quibi in January 2019.

That fits in perfectly with what we know of the timing of their 'disaffection'.

Oct 12 - Announce pregnancy at Eugenie wedding

Rest of October

- Tour Australia etc, scream at assistants, apparently 'throw tea' at one, snipe at the Governor General for not giving their full house over

- Formal complaints of bullying are made by staff to Buckingham Palace HR

Nov 1 Return, Touabti immediately resigns

Rest of November

-News breaks that they will suddenly not be moving into the gigantic Kensington Palace apt being renovated for them

-News breaks that they will move to Frogmore cottage

-They leave K Palace and disappear to the rented Cotswolds house

-Announce a formal division between Willam and Harry households

-First reports that M & H 'don't want their child to have a title' (meaning they already knew the kid was not in line for one)

December 2018

-Few engagements

-Visible tension at Christmas service (scarfening)

-Secretly begins talks with Vogue to edit an issue

So that's what was happening right before they launched their talks with Quibi. I think once she realized she was being formally accused of bullying, and therefore wasn't getting the glorious apartment in London, and could not persuade the family to break the rules and give her so a title, she became enraged and Project California was massively accelerated.

by Anonymousreply 245April 3, 2021 12:20 AM

One thing the Telegraph article mentioned that I didn't realize was the even after marrying Harry, Meghan get her PR Team in the US. If she was "giving it all up to marry her Prince," why the hell did she keep her US team, unless she had zero intention of staying in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 246April 3, 2021 12:25 AM

R241, that’s what has been floated, I don’t know how absolutely confirmed they are.

Meghan has a habit of presenting the things she wants as faits accomplis.

by Anonymousreply 247April 3, 2021 12:29 AM

R246, she recently let go of her longtime agent. She’d retained him this whole time.

by Anonymousreply 248April 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Thanks for posting the article from The Telegraph. It was a good one! Appreciate your taking the time to cut and paste.

Wow. To see it all laid out that way, factually, compared to that "interview" - yikes.

by Anonymousreply 249April 3, 2021 12:55 AM

Oh, and January 2019 when they were having all these meetings with Quibi, was also when she claims she was suicidal. Specifically around the third week, according to the Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 250April 3, 2021 1:06 AM

What a pair of grifters, is all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 251April 3, 2021 1:50 AM

Sunshine Sucks must be SO mad that this is not monetizing as Megshit and they had hoped. Are they even getting paid at this stage?

by Anonymousreply 252April 3, 2021 1:59 AM

You're welcome, R249! I apologize for the repeated text. One of my text blocks was too long to post, so I had to break it up and accidentally picked up part of it twice.

by Anonymousreply 253April 3, 2021 2:46 AM

H&M are trying to spin this Quibi news. They are claiming that Jeffrey Katzenberg made the request for a meeting, which may be true but the Telegraph article made it clear Meghan's PR team reached out first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 3, 2021 2:50 AM

R254 Yes Jeffrey Katzenberg may have requested the meeting but it was Meghan's PR team that made the initial reach out.

by Anonymousreply 255April 3, 2021 2:58 AM

The Telegraph reports that they started meeting Quibi in January 2019 and the source on the Katzenberg meeting specified that they met once in 'summer' of 2019, between 6 and 9 months later.

So if Katzenberg was so very hot on them that he originated the idea of calling them in himself, why did he wait nearly a year to talk to them himself?

As usual, the Harkles' version doesn't match recorded reality.

by Anonymousreply 256April 3, 2021 3:07 AM

Let's say for the sake argument that Katzenberg did read out first, as working royals they wouldn't be allowed to sign a multi-million dollar deal & even if they weren't making a cent from it, any media appearance or documentaries have to be run by the Queen. This was clearly done behind the Palace's back.

by Anonymousreply 257April 3, 2021 3:10 AM

They are liars who thought they were so clever. Little by little their plans are coming to naught.

by Anonymousreply 258April 3, 2021 3:13 AM

You know one thing this whole H&M thing is highlighting is how easily manipulated the US Media is. The American press legitimized Trump because he was good for the ratings, and now they're doing the same thing with H&M because they think they're a "hot brand" right now." Ironically it was CBS that said about Trump "he was bad for America but great for the ratings." Same network that aired the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 259April 3, 2021 3:35 AM

Don't tell multiple lies on an internationally broadcast television show.

I mean, what was the point of the "we got married in private" lie?

What was the point of the "my passport was stolen and I was a trapped shut-in" lie?

And indeed, what was the point of the "we never planned this - it just somehow HAPPENED" and "we didn't call them they called us" lies?

None of these lies help their image at all, and each one is easily disproven through documentation. They now look like they can't open their mouths without lying about shit that no one ever asked them about anyway. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 260April 3, 2021 3:35 AM

They are obvious and proven liars.

by Anonymousreply 261April 3, 2021 3:53 AM

The Harkles attempt to spin the Quibi story is hilarious. It's like, "so yeah Quibi reached out first so naturally we had to spend months in secret talks trying to land a multi-million dollar deal even though we had no intention of leaving the royals despite the PR Team based in the US doing the negotiations for us."

by Anonymousreply 262April 3, 2021 4:09 AM

r260 I think this pattern of behaviour will certainly put some future people off from working with them,signing deals etc.

by Anonymousreply 263April 3, 2021 4:21 AM

For anyone frustrated by the Palace's refusal to hit back... think about the past few weeks.

Have they been exposed and stripped of credibility quietly but consistently?

Or is it just a happy coincidence that bit by bit the whole thing has unravelled on them?

Some days it sure feels like someone's point by point rebuttal may be rolling out inch by inch.

Or maybe it's just coincidence. I honestly don't know who's doing what. But the one thing you can count on, the Harkles are their own worst enemy.... yet again.

by Anonymousreply 264April 3, 2021 4:49 AM

Nazi Harry will be forced to relive his whole life again in slow motion during the divorce proceedings. The duchess will claim that she was smitten at first sight and didn't research Hal, she just thought he was darling, as you do. Then his family, then Hal himself turned out to be these monstrous racists. Montecito + kids to Meghz; Hal can have a small condo in downtown LA but will be deported via Medellin if he doesn't keep paying.

by Anonymousreply 265April 3, 2021 5:03 AM

[QUOTE] They should have walked past Frogmore Cottage with a "To Let" sign up in the background.

Why? It's now the residence of Fugenie and her brat.

by Anonymousreply 266April 3, 2021 6:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 3, 2021 6:14 AM

Lady Black of Crossharbour, there she blows!

by Anonymousreply 268April 3, 2021 6:24 AM

r67, The author's characterization of "America" rings true for Hollywood, but not, say, for New York and not for Santa Barbara. Meanwhile, her characterization of the British underestimates how well many of them actually do understand America - at least coastal America. Not completely, but better than she seems to think they do. I know: I'm half and half, grew up in Britain and have lived on both coasts in the US.

However I agree with you that she's very, very kind to Meghan, which I'm sure Meghan will appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 269April 3, 2021 6:45 AM

Barbara Amiel is British. She moved to Canada as a teen, went back to study, worked in Canada and eventually moved back to the UK. She also lived in New York after her marriage to Conrad Black.

by Anonymousreply 270April 3, 2021 6:58 AM

Thanks for posting the Telegraph article--for me, it's much more interesting than the bullying exposé which didn't contain any damning details. This one seems to be the beginning of the real history--how our dangling-tendrilled darling was planning her path to A-list, non-working-royal life behind the scenes, nicely juxtaposed against their PR narrative of "we didn't want any of this to happen."

by Anonymousreply 271April 3, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]Lady Black of Crossharbour, there she blows!

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 272April 3, 2021 12:36 PM

R271 - The bullying exposé hasn't come out yet, and plenty of damning details were leaking out from Meghan's earliest days in the BRF, including before the wedding, in places like Robert Jobson's serious biogfraphy of Charles released for his 70th birthday. The Sussexes leak staff like a sieve leaks water. Catherine St Laurent lasted 11 months, and she's one of the toughest and most highly regarded in the business, out of the Gates foundation group. She was considered an extremely high-level poaching coup. And she's gone in less than a year.

Oh, they put lots of lipstick on each of the pigs: "still in an advisory capacity" "left to form her own 'social impact firm'" "left to pursue other opportunities" . . .. they went through two nannies in six weeks - the Cambridges are still with the first nanny who came on when their first child was born nearly 8 years ago.

That press release the BRF put out when Melissa Touabti quit the minute she got back from that first ghastly tour, praising her to the skies and making absolutely no mention of Meghan and Harry, made it abundantly clear that behind that press release was a tight NDA and probably a handsome cheque to prevent Touabti from talking about what she'd seen and heard of Meghan on that tour.

There are plenty of damning details, unless you're discounting all that smoke because the Telegraph didn't write up an article citing written materials it has "seen".

And, I promise you, there will be more to come as the Palace lets out all the stuff it actually protected Meghan from, whilst she was busy stabbing them in the back.

This is the Palace fighting back - not with announcements and point by point rebuttals that invite further personal attacks, but by quietly leaking information to the media that shows the Sussexes for the cynical lying shites they are.

by Anonymousreply 273April 3, 2021 12:37 PM

A quote from Lady Black, just this past autumn.

"'Friends' is something that fluctuates throughout your life," Amiel said in a recent phone interview. "You can only divide people really into enemies."

Remind you of anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 3, 2021 12:38 PM

I am not sure MeAgain ever intended for it to go right, R267. Rather her brand was to be a disruptive force then bounce, as evidenced by keeping a US team that was pitching biz all along. Things that clearly represented merching their titles, remember Sussex Royal? No one who made a 2 year old cry intended to become a loving part of the family ever. She fit in in an ensemble role in Suits so she is capable of it when it suits her ends.

by Anonymousreply 275April 3, 2021 12:48 PM

R271 it started with the Vanity Fair piece casting her as a damsel in distress when their relationship was allegedly not that serious and had not been made public. Forced H's hand and played right into his need to white knight for dear old mom in the guise of MeMe. It was William who played that role for Diana even as a very young child, more H's need to compete and usurp but also a lot of trauma.

Princess Pushy from before the jump. This was all carefully plotted.

I am curious about those very odd snaps from IG in Toronto with Markus and Doria and Markus appearing to tell off H, and Doria appearing to look down his shirt as if to check for a wire. Strange stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 3, 2021 1:01 PM

It was the Vanity Fair piece where I thought this wonderful new relationship was more than just a happy coincidence. I also thought that would destroy the relationship, too.

by Anonymousreply 277April 3, 2021 1:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 3, 2021 1:08 PM

Remember their original demands and Sussex Royal, the $$$ brand they intended to be built from their titles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 3, 2021 1:09 PM

The way they've acted during and after Megxit, I would NOT be surprised if they went the reality show route. They are arrogant and think so highly of their "talent", they feel entitled. They will do anything for money.

by Anonymousreply 280April 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 3, 2021 1:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 3, 2021 1:30 PM

R280, they may need to.

As pointed out in another article, their Netflix and Spotify deals include production costs. The money isn't all for them.

Assuming they start producing the quality of crap expected of them or even if the novelty just wears off and the audience shrinks to the natural constituency for whatever it is they wind up going on about, the revenue will get less and less and income will demand more and more.

So they either stick it out and start lowering their standards for what constitutes a good deal or the stress of increasing has been status starts eroding this happy love match.

At grifter school we called it the Seven Year Ditch.

by Anonymousreply 283April 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Esp when posing for staged photos on the beach for $$$, R282. Much like Jennifer Garner and Tori Spelling, but he is using a dog rather than a tot.

by Anonymousreply 284April 3, 2021 1:33 PM

Not sure they will make it to 7 years, R283. Although her options for landing some new mark surely have shrunk after that interview.

Michelle O did them the favor of giving advice to dial it back and keep things private, instead they doubled down in leaks and veiled threats through GK. Vindictive, litigious, indiscrete, aging, MeAgain is NOT a risk most wealthy and successful men need in their lives. Maybe Ellen, she likes crazy.

by Anonymousreply 285April 3, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]They will do anything for money.

Is Harry doing a nude picture layout still a possibility?

by Anonymousreply 286April 3, 2021 1:39 PM

It has not even been 3 years, cannot see this going on for another 4.

If the vid of her bullying toddler Charlotte comes out, and it is rumored to exist, that will end her among the frau set and amongst decent human beings.

She is a nightmare. Her exes must be so relieved to have moved on.

Harry has lost his family, his friends, and precious time with extremely elderly grandparents. He has been nothing but a source of stress for them. He is going to have to live with all of that. She will do whatever it takes to get primary custody, as awful as she is. Harry has a lot of skeletons that have been covered up and she will use all of that against him.

by Anonymousreply 287April 3, 2021 1:41 PM

Now that her personality is increasingly emerging and she's not part of the royal family any more, you wonder if the exes and some of her "friends" will start speaking up about their experience, where once before they stayed respectfully silent. But then again, I'm sure she's a lovely person and there's nothing else to share.

by Anonymousreply 288April 3, 2021 1:48 PM

She was DENIED Diana's engagement ring which Haz foolishly gave to William for Catherine. She probably browbeats him daily about this.

by Anonymousreply 289April 3, 2021 2:15 PM

Why did Harry have the ring in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 290April 3, 2021 2:39 PM

Though M&H are sitting quite pretty, they do seem to have a lot of bad luck and a knack for dubious friends and business partners. Maybe only the pandemic stopped them from getting into bed with Quibi, which is now a punch line. The pandemic initially took the wind out of their sails (interest has now been revived with the Oprah interview), but Harry’s travel venture has obviously gone nowhere. Ellen DeG is so friendly with them that she boasted of visiting them in England and holding baby Archie, then she became persona non grata. Their friend James Corden seems to be, despite his success, loathed by many. Meghan’s BFF Jessica Whatshername, went and got herself cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 291April 3, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]Why did Harry have the ring in the first place?

Per Wikipedia: After Diana's death, Princes William and Harry selected mementos from their mother's possessions. Harry chose the engagement ring, while William selected Diana's £19,000 yellow gold Cartier Tank Francaise watch. They eventually exchanged mementos.

I wonder if M has gotten hold of that Cartier watch yet?

by Anonymousreply 292April 3, 2021 3:08 PM

Yes she's been seen wearing it, r292

by Anonymousreply 293April 3, 2021 3:15 PM

Imagine teenage boys deciding about jewelry. I suppose they were advised.

by Anonymousreply 294April 3, 2021 3:22 PM

Harry and Meghan can’t stop lying because their whole premise for quitting as working royals was based upon a lie. They’ve lied since the beginning and every step of the way in order to sustain the false premise. The complicit media is helping them to avoid questions and obvious holes/ contradictions in their lies.

They were negotiating on monetizing royal titles into more fame and fortune. When advised against it they devised stories to garner public sympathy and as reasons for fleeing to quiet, publicity-shy LA. They remade themselves into victims to Harry’s family as bad guys because this sort of tabloid shit is guaranteed publicity.

Some examples of holes in their lies: wanting to be financially independent yet bemoaned about daddy cutting off financial support; Meghan unable to get mental health support when all evidence flies contrary to the vague reasons; not given royal advisers to help Meghan adjust to new role when in reality they didn’t want advisers to fuck with their side deals to enrich themselves; using supposed mental health struggles as reasons for being assholes to staff; casting family as racist by using vague innuendos and stretching lies with common tricks liars use including (paraphrasing) “if that’s what you want to believe, you wouldn’t be wrong to assume that”.

Face it, they’re shameless liars who tell lies that are obvious contradictions which the US media, as it did with Trump, don’t bother fact-checking. But because they’re so blatantly bad at it their lies are now being exposed drip drip style by tabloids, the one media they can’t control. Remember, it was the tabloids who exposed Michael Jackson’s weirdness and John Edwards’ love child before anyone had any inkling.

The Sussexes have made themselves into persona non grata within the A-list and super-rich which circles they wish to belong. People in those circles generally avoid gossiping famewhores who can’t help telling lies and who have no qualms about throwing family under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 295April 3, 2021 3:32 PM

The thing is, after what they did to his family, anyone worth memoiring about would be nervous the $u$$exe$ would monetize them in an interview or book or podcast.

by Anonymousreply 296April 3, 2021 3:43 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 297April 3, 2021 3:45 PM

I noticed in that article by Conrad Black's wife, once again, the bullshit statement that Sparkle has a degree in "international studies".

Hogwash.

by Anonymousreply 298April 3, 2021 3:50 PM

^ ... oh, and a degree in "Theatre".

Really?

Sparkle, whose name does not appear for any of the multiple theater productions done during the years she was at Northwestern.

by Anonymousreply 299April 3, 2021 3:52 PM

I've read several times over the years that William and Harry made an agreement that whoever got engaged first would get the ring and then the other would take the watch.

by Anonymousreply 300April 3, 2021 4:02 PM

Oh Harklestans on Twitter aren't happy with this Telegraph story calling Camilla T. the devil and a royal spin-doctor and asserting that the Telegraph is a tabloid (which it isn't) and then citing a DAILY MAIL article and ENTERTAINMENT ARTICLE report that Quibi reached out to H&M. The point is, even if Quibi did reach out first and H&M did eventually talk to Palace staff about it, why were they so secretive about it for months, why was her US Team (and why did she even have a US team) negotiating?

Can we just agree that H&Mstans are just as dumb and as easily played as Trumpists?

by Anonymousreply 301April 3, 2021 4:06 PM

R299, rumors that she never graduated, said to be something about superglueing the eyes of sorority recruits shut or some such?

by Anonymousreply 302April 3, 2021 5:17 PM

No, R302, she did graduate. Her name is listed in the commencement program.

I used to have the link to the program, but can't find it now. As I recall her name "Rachel Meghan Markle" was listed as receiving a degree in Communications. I can't confirm that without finding the link to the program.

I do remember there was no mention of "international studies". In fact, I recall at the time of the DL discussion that Northwestern had no degree program for "International Studies" at the time Markle attended.

But her claim to that honor persists, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 303April 3, 2021 5:38 PM

R303 The link to that commencement program could probably be found in one of the old Dangling Tendrils threads.

Isn't there some way to access those old threads?

by Anonymousreply 304April 3, 2021 5:45 PM

Found it.

Page 20.

"Bachelor of Science in Communications"

"Rachel Meghan Markle"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 3, 2021 6:01 PM

International Studies is an adjunct major at Northwestern., meaning it isn’t a standalone major but can be added as a secondary major for fewer credits than a normal major.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 3, 2021 6:17 PM

From the link at r306:

“ All adjunct majors require completion of a stand-alone major as well. At most 2 of the 10 required units may be double-counted toward both the international studies adjunct major and another major.”

by Anonymousreply 307April 3, 2021 6:19 PM

So in other words, it's like a boosted-up minor at Northwestern.

Question is: was it in place as either a minor or adjunct major back when Meghan attended? Many schools change their secondary programs around quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 308April 3, 2021 6:24 PM

Well, why wouldn’t it show in the program, R308, if a student went to the trouble of doing the work for an “adjunct major/souped up minor”?

by Anonymousreply 309April 3, 2021 6:36 PM

Look, I detest the woman as much as anyone, but even Northwestern says she double-majored in theater and international relations. Yes, her degree is stated in the program as being from the School of Communications. But it doesn't list students' major subjects.

On a related subject, though, I can't find any evidence of her having acted in any productions in college.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 3, 2021 6:52 PM

Interesting: Page Six originally referred to the Quibi story back in September 2020, though they didn't get into specifics, they state they had meet Meghan and Harry about a "for profit deal" prior to their signing with Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 3, 2021 7:09 PM

That green costume gets me every time

by Anonymousreply 312April 3, 2021 7:45 PM

I know... the jelly rolls. LOL. Well, it was obvious she wanted to make a statement and, as ever, it wasn't the one she was planning on.

She's actually quite comical. I'm going to start calling her Wile E. Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 313April 3, 2021 8:44 PM

The visible strapless bra was just tacky as fuck. And it wasn’t the first time that tired thing reared it’s head in her fashions. And why a strapless bra with a long sleeved dress to begin with? Gurl, whoever is telling you that bra works is lying to your smug face. There is just so much wrong in that one outfit.

by Anonymousreply 314April 3, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote] ...something about superglueing the eyes of sorority recruits shut or some such

What's the tea on this tale?

I have heard that her sorority was supposed to be a big deal. Did M describe herself as a woman of color when joining? Any black women in that sorority?

by Anonymousreply 315April 3, 2021 9:37 PM

She’s almost completely flat chested, so she thinks she can get away with wearing a strapless bra with everything.

by Anonymousreply 316April 3, 2021 9:37 PM

I’m not going to nitpick as far as the undergarments go. It’s just the theatricality of the ensemble with the hat and the cape, all in villainess green. Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 317April 3, 2021 9:42 PM

I think they’re hilarious. Best soap opera since the glory days of Dallas and Dynasty, right down speculation about a fake pregnancy, hitting on the brother in law, shooting malevolent daggers and gifting knives to the BIL’s wife. Catherine was smart to keep her distance from that one. I always did have a soft spot for the villains, but these two are too stupid to be JR. More like Cecile De Poillinac on Another World, her schemes always backfired on her.

Every good series must come to an end though, Princess Peg’s veering into unwatchable territory with the “work” she’s getting done on her face, it won’t be long and she’ll look like a Hollywood martinette like the rest of the narcissists on the soaps nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 318April 3, 2021 10:03 PM

Yes, the green outfit was pure Alexis Carrington.

by Anonymousreply 319April 3, 2021 10:09 PM

Or Iris Carrington

by Anonymousreply 320April 3, 2021 10:10 PM

That should be “right down To”.

by Anonymousreply 321April 3, 2021 10:13 PM

R315, I believe it was a white sorority.

by Anonymousreply 322April 3, 2021 10:19 PM

R315 She was in Kappa Kappa Gamma. The chapter at my university (back in the 90s) was all white, and rich.

by Anonymousreply 323April 3, 2021 10:25 PM

R316 Flat girls should not be wearing strapless bras unless necessary. They can’t hold them up. I’m sure she was told it looked bad, but bitch don’t listen to no one!

by Anonymousreply 324April 3, 2021 10:26 PM

Didn't she has nice big titties during her suitcase days?

by Anonymousreply 325April 3, 2021 10:43 PM

Implants, along the lines of Vicky Beckham's grapefruit halves.

(Noting that Wiki is not a source.)

by Anonymousreply 326April 3, 2021 10:47 PM

Indeed she did appear to have implants then, R325, or maybe falsies? Lol, so tawdry.

The story about the superglue and the sorority is chilling. So is giving Kate a knife. Who does that?!! Was that the same Christmas that she took photos in Kate's home and of the children? One photo is said to have appeared in People.

by Anonymousreply 327April 3, 2021 10:47 PM

This is a great thread.

I’ve been reading a lot about how many of her friends and fellow cast members have said what a wonderful person Meghan is. Do many people really take this at face value? It’s easy to be loving to those you decide you like and/or want to impress, but I always think the real key to person’s character is how they treat those of low social status. It’s always a red flag when someone treats catering staff badly, for example. I think the inability of the Sussexes to keep staff is a big sign of how toxic they are.

by Anonymousreply 328April 4, 2021 12:26 AM

Do you really suppose she gave Kate a knife? I mean, that's insane. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 329April 4, 2021 12:45 AM

Like this, R328?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 4, 2021 12:51 AM

Ooops, link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 4, 2021 12:52 AM

R329 If that story is true, than she is a sociopath. I don't buy for a second that Kate made Meghan cry. If that story was false, Meghan would have sued the Telegraph. Despite what what the Meghan fanatics say, The Telegraph is a legit newspaper and Camilla Tominey is an award winning reporter who would not print anything that wasn't legally airtight.

by Anonymousreply 332April 4, 2021 12:53 AM

Is that something from a movie? As bizarre as it was, was she keying off some pop culture trope?

by Anonymousreply 333April 4, 2021 12:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 4, 2021 12:56 AM

Markle want the police state for everyone bar her and Haze.

by Anonymousreply 335April 4, 2021 12:59 AM

It's compassion, blow by deadening blow.

by Anonymousreply 336April 4, 2021 1:04 AM

Meghz is worse than Mao.

by Anonymousreply 337April 4, 2021 1:05 AM

R334 Such a great philanthropist she (and Oprah) is!

by Anonymousreply 338April 4, 2021 1:08 AM

Wonderful article about Kate's approach to royal duties. I agree that Kate's low-key, non-ego focused work (much like the Queen's approach) has ensured her long-term popularity and respect. A solid counter to the flashy approach of other royals that ultimately ends up blowing up spectacularly. I believe it's going to be William and Kate that carry the monarchy through these stormy times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 4, 2021 1:16 AM

Death to the white cunt Kate.

by Anonymousreply 340April 4, 2021 1:19 AM

That should be death to the classy white cunt Kate to you, Misogynist Mary.

by Anonymousreply 341April 4, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote] If the vid of her bullying toddler Charlotte comes out, and it is rumored to exist, that will end her among the frau set and amongst decent human beings.

Strange how she can't manage her own publicity, but if that comes out it'll give my star a nice kick forward. Thanks, Aunty!

by Anonymousreply 342April 4, 2021 3:43 AM

Re the conversation further up about Meghan looking longingly at William - you can guarantee all she was seeing was herself in the Vladimir, being gracious to the world's biggest stars in the receiving line after a Royal Command Performance.

The only advantage he has over Harry in her eyes is that he's the heir, the real deal. Sadly for her, the advantage he really has, is that he has more than half a brain.

by Anonymousreply 343April 4, 2021 3:47 AM

So I just read Battle of Brothers by Robert Lacey which documents Princes William & Harry's falling out. Now, Lacey is very diplomatic about H&M, more than I would be. Most of it includes stuff we already discussed but one interesting thing that caught my eye is that Lacey suggests that Harry was (at least right up to his engagement with Meghan) still in love with Chelsy Davy, that Davy might be Harry's Camilla, and it was one reason members of the royal family (as well as Diana brother Charles and her sister Sarah) were weary of how fast Harry was moving. There has been rumours in royal circles that despite breaking up in 2011, Davy and Harry would occasionally rekindle their romance and there was some expectation that they might eventually get back together.

Apparently, Chelsy and Harry had a very "emotional" conversation shortly after he and Meghan got engaged. Harry invited her to come to the wedding but allegedly whatever was said during that conversation upset Davy so much she almost nearly backed out of the wedding. Also while Chelsy was initally invited to the wedding and reception, her name was taken off the reception list shortly before the wedding day, and yet a story "was leaked" that she and Meghan met at the reception and hugged, but it was confirmed Chelsy never went to the reception.

Lacey doesn't address the while Kate (Or Meghan) crying before the wedding. He does say William was increasingly upset with Meghan's apparent passive aggressive attitude towards Kate following the wedding. For example, when Meghan edited Vogue she told the press she didn't want her face on the cover because that's would just be an ego-trip." William perceived that as an attack on Kate because Kate had edited Vogue a few years earlier and it had featured her picture on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 344April 4, 2021 3:59 AM

Harry told Chelsy that he was "worried she would try to gatecrash the reception" and made her promise not to try, r344

She doesn't strike me as a gatecrashing type. She's a billionaire's daughter who has probably never even thought about gatecrashing anything in her entire life. I can see her being offended by that, particularly since it sounds directly from Meghan, who had to gatecrash everything in her past life and to whom the thought that someone else might try that at her wedding probably came very naturally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 4, 2021 5:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 4, 2021 5:17 AM

So here's something I don't get H&M claim or that their supporters seem to push: that the Palace was intentionally leaking stories to make Harry and Meghan look bad. Why would an institution that can only survive if it remains popular in public opinion delbrity leak stories that make two of its members look bad? They would be effectively chipping away at their own popularity.

by Anonymousreply 348April 4, 2021 5:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 4, 2021 5:34 AM

R344 Chesly did go to the reception - she just didn’t go to the evening party.

Immediately after the wedding, TQ hosted a drinks/bowl food reception in the castle & everyone who had been in the chuch went to that. Later on that night there was a party at Frogmore House with a greatly reduced guest list.

I have always believed the story that she hugged Chelsy at the reception....it’s exactly the sort of thing she would do. “Look how unthreatened I am by his ex, everyone”. It was probably over effusive and embarrassing, especially for Chesly - but that is the Markle way. Apparemtly in the conversation before the wedding, Harry told Chelsy he could never see or speak to her ever again which shows just how threatened Markle actually was.

by Anonymousreply 350April 4, 2021 5:38 AM

R350 Do you think MM sent Chelsy a knife for christmas?

by Anonymousreply 351April 4, 2021 5:41 AM

R348, I think it the theory is that M&H were getting too popular and threatening to outshine the first-in-lines to the throne. I think Harry even mentioned something about that in the Oprah interview. Maybe true, maybe another storyline lifted from The Life of Diana.

I have read that they're all envious of each other (for example, William and Harry jealous of each other's remits that the queen had assigned to them) and inclined to get their side of a story out.

by Anonymousreply 352April 4, 2021 5:45 AM

R352 I can buy the jealousy thing, but I don't buy the Palace deliberately leaking stories to damage M&H. You damage one, you risk damaging the whole family.

by Anonymousreply 353April 4, 2021 6:09 AM

R352 That theory is laughable given even during their "honeymoon period" Megs & Harz never out polled The Queen, or William and Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 354April 4, 2021 6:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 4, 2021 6:19 AM

[Quote]Meghz is worse than Mao.

Maoghan Markle 😆

by Anonymousreply 356April 4, 2021 6:34 AM

I think there was a story that when MM dumped Jessica, afterward MM didn't contact JM's daughter Ivy (MM's goddaughter) to wish her happy birthday.

If that story is true, that's cold.

by Anonymousreply 357April 4, 2021 6:40 AM

MM publicly dumped JM during the Floyd/BLM protests early last summer when JM was called out as white privileged by some Canadian black micro influencer. JM should write a backstabbing, juicy tell all. MM is not the only one who can burn bridges to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 358April 4, 2021 6:44 AM

MeMe is a narcissist. They don't make good friends, relatives or wives.

by Anonymousreply 359April 4, 2021 6:49 AM

r344, Kate never edited UK Vogue (it's too merchy for a senior Royal to edit a fashion mag) but she did cover it once.

Speaking of Vogue, a semi-Megstan/lifetime Kate fan writes of her horror at the Meghan vs Kate dichotomy that the Megstans have created online in US Vogue this month. It almost exclusively quotes Meghan mouthpieces, so it seems to me this is Meghan trying to reiterate what she said about liking Kate in the Oprah interview.

Even Meghan knows her stans are doing her own image harm with their attacks on the rest of the BRF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 4, 2021 6:52 AM

R358 There was a rumour back last summer that Jessica was thinking of writing a Tell All but Ben Mulroney (her husband) denied that on his TV show. However, I think she will eventually if MM's brand starts going down hill.

by Anonymousreply 361April 4, 2021 6:53 AM

With his lame backward baseball cap, Harry looks lonely and pathetic. If ever anyone painted himself into a corner, it's Harry.

He could have made better choices; it's not as if he had all bad options. He could have married a girl who fit in with his family and lifelong friends, ditched his unwanted royal ribbon-cutting gig, and used his £40M inheritance to create a great life in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 362April 4, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]I think there was a story that when MM dumped Jessica, afterward MM didn't contact JM's daughter Ivy (MM's goddaughter) to wish her happy birthday. If that story is true, that's cold.

I don't believe the knife story - that's insane - but I absolutely believe this. That's her MO time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 363April 4, 2021 11:52 AM

That story about Mulroney linked upthread references an Instagram post about pink roses sent for her birthday by MM. Not on Instagram as near as I can see.

by Anonymousreply 364April 4, 2021 11:59 AM

R358 - Actually, Meghan didn't "publicly" dump the Mulroney bitch. Meghan issued some sort of statement about being "dismayed" but other stories were leaked that privately they were still in constant contact and remained friends. Mulroney and Meghan have since maintained a carefully neutral public distance, and Mulroney won't be writing any tell-all anythings whilst Meghan is still front-page news and Oprah's little darling. Meghan was probably too smart to dump Mulroney behind the scenes, and assured her dear old friend that she had to maintain a certain public position, but still loved and admired the friend who'd done so much for her as she climbed the greasy social networking pole in Toronto.

The UK media is now leaking headline after headline about the lies Meghan and Harry told, even Andrew Morton chimed in, and today the DM has an absolutely ludicrous story according to a "source" about Zara Tindall acting as "peacemaker" between the two brothers, still expected to show up together at the unveiling of Diana's statue on 1 July, which would have been her 60th birthday.

Right. Because after telling what the entire family know to be outright lies about the monarchy that put them where they are today, and sitting there smugly whilst his wife threw William's wife under the bus, Zara Tindall is going to persuade William to make nice with his vicious traitorous brother - without said vicious traitorous brother ever so much as apologising for his wife's outright lies or admitting that he and she were planning Megxit before the wedding was over, and using vicitimisation by William and the BRF as their justification.

Perhaps someone should nominate Zara Tindall as Britain's Ambassador to the UN - maybe she could work a similar miracle in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 365April 4, 2021 12:36 PM

R350 If it happened, must have been excruciating for Chelsy. I'd love to have witnessed it, though, what a moment.

by Anonymousreply 366April 4, 2021 12:38 PM

R355 - Mulroney's face is a surgical nightmare. Dear God, what makes a woman do that to herself??!!

Looking at Mulroney's lips, and Meghan's hair and legs, how rich and successful they've become simply through marrying well is an object lesson in an atheistic approach to the Universe.

I wonder if the Archbishop of Canterbury realises at last that he was just one of Meghan's many easily reeled in marks?

by Anonymousreply 367April 4, 2021 12:42 PM

R365: A source claimed to The Sun that Zara Tindall and her husband Mike had been playing peacemaker between the two [italic]for months before [/italic] the Oprah interview.

That's possible. If there's any truth to what Lady C said about Princess Anne being the one whut assed the question and considering the disrespect Wyleen Coyote and Dim showed the Queen, I'd bet the chance anybody's playing peacemaker right now are slim to none.

by Anonymousreply 368April 4, 2021 12:43 PM

[quote]Dear God, what makes a woman do that to herself??!!

I'd guess low self esteem or shallowness, but I've never met this particular woman and hope I don't.

by Anonymousreply 369April 4, 2021 12:44 PM

R350 - No one really knows what happened behind the scenes, it's all make up bullshit from "sources". It's probably a given that Meghan, no less than Kate and before her, Diana, made short work of her husband's exes in their social life. The irony is, Diana couldn't make short work of Camilla, and she did go on wearing the late Kanga's dropped waist dresses. But Kanga was never a serious love for Charles, but one of the married women he depended on for affection and emotional support.

Chelsy can be seen teary-eyed at the wedding, and at the time everyone assumed it was regret and not being the one up front there in the white veil. Later one, however, especially as Chelsy seems to be living a life as close to paradise as the human condition allows and in no hurry to tie herself down as she created a successful business empire of her own with enough money to buy and sell the Harkles, one wonders if the savvy Chelsy, too, had already gotten Meghan's number, and was weeping for Harry, not herself.

by Anonymousreply 370April 4, 2021 12:47 PM

R353, that’s a good point. Charles didn’t leak negative stories about Diana after he became jealous of the attention she was getting—he waited until their marriage was on fire before that happened. And Charles is known to loathe Andrew for being Mum’s favorite, but usually stays away from publicly undermining him. He’s pushed to keep Andrew’s daughters out of public life and off of the Civil List, but that’s about as far as it has gone.

by Anonymousreply 371April 4, 2021 12:59 PM

R353 - That strategy, as we can see, is now out the window. With the Sussexes having forfeited any right to consideration from the family, and very much no longer part of the family (no matter what the Queen said), the Palace is beginning to leak those stories about how devious and dishonest the Harkles have been.

How else do you suppose the Telegraph got its hand on that Quibi story? That came directly (well, one assumes some layers of protection, but still . . .) from the Palace, and there's more to come.

by Anonymousreply 372April 4, 2021 1:06 PM

You can't know for sure but it seems to me the strategy was appear sad, wait awhile, and then brief against them. I keep thinking about that assertion Charles wanted to issue a line by line rebuttal. If that's true we're seeing it in slow motion. A calculation has surely been made Wyleen Coyote and Dim have no more serious firepower and, whatever is leftover is slim pickings and will only make them look like whiners.

by Anonymousreply 373April 4, 2021 1:21 PM

I know people who - I won't say know Mulroney but are well acquainted with her and travel in intersecting circles. Haven't got any particular tea to spill except to say what you see, and typically what you infer, is what you get.

by Anonymousreply 374April 4, 2021 1:24 PM

r373 Yes anything else will be limited in damage and experienced more as aftershocks to a big earthquake rather than an earthquake in its own right I believe.Also the royal family not giving them a dramatic reaction doesn't feed the story and create a soap opera to keep them relevant which is what I suspect the couple want rather than resolution.

by Anonymousreply 375April 4, 2021 1:41 PM

They are particularly shit mothers, R359. Lady Colin Campbell had a narc mother which is why she spotted another one.

If the tape of Meghan being cruel to Charlotte is released, esp if she called a toddler "fat," she will be ended amonst frau, the fat positivity youth and any decent people.

by Anonymousreply 376April 4, 2021 2:14 PM

The story alleging William had an affair with Rose was purpotedly leaked by a MeMe mouthpiece after Harry was friendly with Rose at a dinner. Two birds, one stone, perhaps. Does fit her MO and her insane desire to vanquish Catherine and become Queen herself.

by Anonymousreply 377April 4, 2021 2:19 PM

Jessica posted in support of Meghan after the interview. I started hate following Jessica on Instagram, but so help me I’ve come to kind of like her. She’s so...unabashed.

by Anonymousreply 378April 4, 2021 2:43 PM

How can they take so much time off after the birth of their daughter when the world is waiting for all of their Netflix content?

by Anonymousreply 379April 4, 2021 3:56 PM

Kid isn't here yet and there is no content, nor podcasts, R379.

by Anonymousreply 380April 4, 2021 3:57 PM

Neither of you are acknowledging that after the birth she might not be OK.

Please ask that question before any others.

Really disappointed in you today.

by Anonymousreply 381April 4, 2021 3:58 PM

I think Charles would be making a mistake by keeping Bea and Eugenie out of official public royaldom. Younger, appealing royals are thin on the ground, apart from the Cambridges, and until William's kids are old enough for royal duties, there's going to be too much of weird old Charlie in view after Queenie goes.

I didn't use to care much about Andrew's kids either way, but I liked their fictional portrayal on The Windsors so much that I can't help liking the real ones more now.

by Anonymousreply 382April 4, 2021 4:15 PM

Meg is probably prepping for another Oprah interview in case the BRF doesn't ship over a boatload of christening gifts for the new kid.

by Anonymousreply 383April 4, 2021 4:18 PM

R382, Andrew’s kids are a prime example of the way that fucked-up people can have kids who are nicer than(and make better choices than) their parents.

Don’t think they will ever be at the centre of royal life, but I think Harry’s departure makes it likely that they will play a slightly peripheral role, in the same way as Edward and Sophie do now. As the Wessexes age, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the middle-aged Yorks get more attention, especially as they seem to be liked and trusted by William too.

by Anonymousreply 384April 4, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote] her insane desire to vanquish Catherine and become Queen herself.

She's going to have to murder all three of those children if she ever wants that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 385April 4, 2021 4:51 PM

I agree r384 and Eugenie especially imo could be very useful to William should he choose to call on her for royal work. She and Jack are so likeable (or seem that way), lowkey and have a cute young family. Jack Brooksbank is adorable imo and hasn't put a foot wrong in all the years he's been royal-adjacent. Why not put that to use later on if need arises.

by Anonymousreply 386April 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Agree, R378. I loathe Jessica Mulroney, but there is a certain sort of defiance I am seeing that only comes from having lost it all. Well not all to most people, she still has money, health, and family, but in her world to lose all her jobs in quick chop has to be deviating. Reputation destroyed in an instagram post. I would believe that bitch if she said she had some suicidal ideations after that.

As much as I would LOVE to believe there is a video of Meghan making fun of Charlotte for being too fat for the bridesmaid dress, I think that's diabolical even for Meghan. I think this is fantasy fiction though I would love to be proved wrong.

I am loving the Palace approach to the quiet destruction of Meghan. Say nothing, be dignified, supportive even and let the sources slowly drip drip drip little pieces of damning incidents every few days from sources. Another DLer called this strategy in the beginning of Recollections May Vary but it's really coming to fruition and they are coming faster than I expected. I read the Sussex PR team told Meghan to disappear until she gives birth and let Harry be the face for a while.

by Anonymousreply 387April 4, 2021 4:55 PM

With the rash of anti-Asian sentiment and hate crimes going on, have Harry and Meghan stepped forward yet to denounce this? Have they made any kind of statement, or made any kind of donations to Asian-related charities or businesses.

by Anonymousreply 388April 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Surprise! I'm also half Asian

by Anonymousreply 389April 4, 2021 5:06 PM

Lol, R389! As soon as I read R388 I thought exactly what you wrote and there it is. Meghan is not transparent at all....

by Anonymousreply 390April 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 4, 2021 5:26 PM

R391 - Meghan's great great grandmother lived on Malta but is it established that she was actually Maltese?

by Anonymousreply 392April 4, 2021 5:49 PM

i I think Malta was just MM trying to establish Mediterranean origins.

by Anonymousreply 393April 4, 2021 5:54 PM

I thiiiiink, how do you say, she es, made of many parts. Me gusta, I meeeen, I like, eh, avocados too!

by Anonymousreply 394April 4, 2021 5:54 PM

r392, the family were irish.

by Anonymousreply 395April 4, 2021 5:56 PM

The bridesmaid dress drama story has evolved over the years. I doubt very much that MM called Charlotte fat. That doesn’t make any sense. No, I think the original version is correct, Charlotte had a meltdown, as kids are prone to do, maybe she was due for her afternoon nap. Her nanny was trying to sort it out but it wasn’t happening fast enough for Megs who snapped out something snarky. Kate objected, “don’t speak to my staff/child like that”. One or both of them cried. Kate apologized later with flowers. Megs closes door in her face <— this is new and if true, unbelievably rude. I can see her icily accepting the flowers but not in a forgiving mood. Shutting the door in her face though, that’s just too Godfather II for me.

There were probably at least 6 people in the room when this whole thing happened. I doubt any of the staff whipped out their phones to record it.

by Anonymousreply 396April 4, 2021 6:51 PM

I have a little gossip on Jessica Mulroney. A guy I dated who was, at the time, a producer on "The Social" (a Canadian version of The View) was good friends with Jessica. I met her briefly and was far from impressed, basically an up her own ass socialite whose career is based largely on her husband's family connections with way too much work done. (Her husband Ben btw, major closet case rumours). Anyways, the guy I was seeing was never "allowed" to meet Meghan when she was living in Toronto. Allegedly Meghan always had final say on the guest list at any function Jessica was hosting, and Meghan only wanted "important" people there. A producer from a minor Canadian chat show was not deemed in her league.

by Anonymousreply 397April 4, 2021 7:19 PM

R392, if she [italic]identifies[/italic] as a Malteser that is sufficient, you racist bastard!

by Anonymousreply 398April 4, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]I read the Sussex PR team told Meghan to disappear until she gives birth and let Harry be the face for a while.

I doubt that's true because a) it's quite sensible and b) she'd have to agree and c through z) that's not her strong suit.

Though I admit Harry on a solo stroll along the beach works your favour.

by Anonymousreply 399April 4, 2021 7:25 PM

The funny thing about the closet case rumours is they almost invariably involve the same story, almost down to the letter - which isn't how a game of telephone usually ends. I've heard it twice from different people some time apart. It's sure got legs - and consistency.

by Anonymousreply 400April 4, 2021 7:27 PM

R400 Is this about Ben Mulroney and the story of him being caught giving head to another man at a party?

by Anonymousreply 401April 4, 2021 7:30 PM

R344 - Robert Lacey used to be a decent biographer. In Battle of Brothers, however, he was more than "diplomatic" about H&M, he basically threw William under the bus, more or less suggesting that William, who is only two years older than Harry, was somehow responsible for Harry going off the tracks in early youth - as if it were William, and not Charles , who was responsible for guiding and raising Harry.

You have to remember that Lacey is also Netflix's bitch: he's a consultant for "The Crown"; he wasn't going to screw up by telling the truth about those other two Netflix bitches, William and Harry. So, while he made a few comments to make himself and the book look honest (e.g., Meghan having a breathtaking level of self-belief), mostly it's shade on William.

The book didn't do well.

by Anonymousreply 402April 4, 2021 7:31 PM

^*other two Netflix bitches, Meghan (not William) and Harry . . .

by Anonymousreply 403April 4, 2021 7:32 PM

Does anyone really buy that Kate made Meghan, of all people, cry? Megs couldn't even summon up tears when talking about someone questioning the color of her child's skin, or when she was "denied" medical care.

by Anonymousreply 404April 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Meghan might have shed some tears. But it's doubtful it was strictly from some tiff over a girl's dress. She was in pre-wedding stress mode, only her wedding was going to broadcast to millions so the stress was high. Her father was royally screwing things up, talking to the press and hiring paps, then pulling out of her wedding (or so the story went). And she was going totally OCD on so many things: the tiara, the egg at the dinner tasting, the smell of the chapel, the perfection of the choir. Never mind the stuff we didn't hear about.

So yeah she may have cried. But to put it on Kate? Who tried to apologize and generously make amends for her small issues? Please.

by Anonymousreply 405April 4, 2021 7:47 PM

That claim about being denied access to medical care would certainly resonate with women of color, and spark indignation in white suburban women. Just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 406April 4, 2021 7:48 PM

R405 that’s a kind and overall fair scenario

by Anonymousreply 407April 4, 2021 7:49 PM

R402 I don't disagree that Lacey's book slants more pro-H&M and it's very light weight compared to his other books. But I do agree with him that the Queen's decision to give into pressure from Charles and Andrew to dismiss her former Private Secretary Christopher Geidt was probably her largest mistake since her slow response to Diana's death in 1997. Geidt was a no fuss, no muss strategic thinker who had no issues telling off members of the royal family when needed. Charles couldn't stand him because Geidt was often seen as pushing back Charles' longing to take on more and more of the Queen's role. After Geidt left, Charles effectively is running the show now while the Queen is taking more of a backseat. While Geidt came back in an advisory position in 2019 to try and help with the H&M situation, it was too late for him to talk sense into them.

by Anonymousreply 408April 4, 2021 7:49 PM

Of course it would r406. Except that the claim as made by H&M is patently untrue and made up from whole cloth. Totally false, no one denied her or Harry medical care, then now or ever.

The royals have access to the best quality care whenever they need it, and if they choose not to partake of it they can find their own if needed. Lazy Harry could have gotten off his ass to take his wife to a therapist if it was needed or wanted, he has access to all the best practitioners in the UK. They CHOSE not to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 409April 4, 2021 7:58 PM

To add to r409: most of the "health crisis" story is a ruse to allow H&M cover to excuse their runaway to Canada, then to LA. "We were unwell and didn't get medical care!" would sound to anyone like a firm reason to leave the UK and BRF. Only, of course, it never happened like that.

I've no doubt both were under stress at many points (much of it of their own making) but the notion that they were locked away from doctors is preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 410April 4, 2021 8:01 PM

Are there any penalties for them not creating any content for Netflix or Spotify? Or is their contract more speculation of the type that IF they create content Netflix gets right of first refusal?

by Anonymousreply 411April 4, 2021 8:02 PM

R405 Absolutely! Even if Meghan did cry, I don't believe Kate was the cause of it. And it says a lot that Kate visited her the next day with a peace offering of flowers and then allegedly Meghan slammed the door in her face, and told it was not enough. Disagree if you want, but Meghan just has some kind of issue with Kate that seems to be either based in jealousy over landing William or Kate's higher importance in terms of her future within the monarchy (Or both).

I mean there was absolutely no reason to throw Kate under the bus in that "interview" (even though she claimed that wasn't what she was doing, but it totally was). She was subtly inferring that Kate is a total bitch and she an innocent, but the Palace cared more about Kate's image so they had to make Meghan the bitch. She could have said, "I actually broke down in tears. You know I was just so stressed with the wedding, with my family selling information to the tabloids, I broke down. But then the racist British Press wanted to discredit me by lying that I had made Kate cry. Kate felt bad so she sent me flowers which was lovely." It would have gotten her point across about the Press allegedly being mean/racist to her, without it looking like she was dragging her sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 412April 4, 2021 8:03 PM

I doubt Kate made Smirkle cry. Narcissist SOP: Accuse the other party of doing what you actually did leaving the accused to defend themselves and appear crazy. In this case Kate didn't take the bait. She must have good advisors and listens to them.

Also, BRF had no problem summoning a psychiatrist for Diana post honeymoon in the 80s, why would they have a problem summoning one in 2018 or 2019? Not that she ever needed one, it's just a ploy to mitigate her behavior and treatment of staff.

by Anonymousreply 413April 4, 2021 8:04 PM

r411 they supposedly got a standard production deal from Netflix: smallish non-refundable signing bonus plus some funding for production start-up costs (space, salaries, etc). Then right of first refusal for any content they create.

Not sure how it works with Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 414April 4, 2021 8:05 PM

R401, yes exactly. And you've hit the very broad strokes of every part of the story.

by Anonymousreply 415April 4, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]they supposedly got a standard production deal from Netflix: smallish non-refundable signing bonus plus some funding for production start-up costs (space, salaries, etc)

Do they have to pay that back if they don't create anything or if Netflix doesn't like what they produce?

by Anonymousreply 416April 4, 2021 8:12 PM

R416 I don't know for sure, but I think they'd only be required to give them money back if they are found to be in breach of contract. I'm sure they were given a generous time limit of how long they have to produce something and given COVID Netflix probably isn't entirely breathing down their necks yet.

by Anonymousreply 417April 4, 2021 8:14 PM

I think MM's issue with Kate is jealousy, contempt and lack of respect, because Kate has never had to hustle and has had everything handed to her. She would also consider herself prettier, younger looking, more alluring as well as smarter and more sophisticated than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 418April 4, 2021 8:20 PM

Netflix is racist for expecting us to deliver content. Also, they denied me medical care.

by Anonymousreply 419April 4, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]Even if Meghan did cry, I don't believe Kate was the cause of it.

Say what you will about Ma Middleton but I can't point to a story about the parents or the children ever being ill mannered or unkind. It isn't what you hear about Kate or her family. Entirely out of character.

[quote] Disagree if you want, but Meghan just has some kind of issue with Kate that seems to be either based in jealousy over landing William or Kate's higher importance in terms of her future within the monarchy (Or both).

I think that's exactly it. She could not understand or live with the pecking order, but it's real and it's how it works. Remember in the Orpahcle her wonderstruck comment that she didn't think she was meeting the Queen at Sunday lunch at Royal Lodge, she thought it was Harry's grandmother, so she needed a crash course in curtseys. (In itself astonishing stupid because who hasn't seen or can't do a curtsey? It's not a pirouette.) She fundamentally thinks the monarchy is an acting job. She's an ill suited fool.

by Anonymousreply 420April 4, 2021 8:24 PM

Not a lot of Netflix has asked if I'm OK.

by Anonymousreply 421April 4, 2021 8:24 PM

I’m not Ok with this thread. Thanks for asking!

by Anonymousreply 422April 4, 2021 8:29 PM

r416 I'm fairly certain their signing bonus is theirs to keep, and the production set up costs from Netflix are probably non-refundable as well. They are 'sunk costs'.

Netflix didn't fund the entire production set-up, this would have been carefully calibrated so that it was split with the Sussexes to as to not dis-incentivize future content creation. It isn't a ton of money, the big payouts don't come until the content is reviewed and actually sold, with Netflix getting first rights of refusal to everything.

by Anonymousreply 423April 4, 2021 8:30 PM

We're doing the history of mirrors to starts.

by Anonymousreply 424April 4, 2021 8:34 PM

R418 The latter part is totally true. I suspect MM sees herself as being in a completely different league to Kate (and most women) despite that fact that during her childhood, Meghan's father was actually more wealthy than the Middletons and Kate earned her spot in a top UK University and did well academically (Megz did graduate but allegedly just made it through). But I still think Meghan harbours jealousy that Kate landed William. Megz and I are the same age, William was our poster boy in the 90s and early 00s. Harry didn't really become the better looking one until well into the 2000s. Also lets face it, William is smarter, more well-spoken and less needy than Harry and IMO is the better catch of the two. I think when she was in the UK she wanted to bigger than Kate, bigger than Diana, and their claim that there was jealousy in the Palace because H&M were becoming so popular is actually an inversion of their anger that the British public never took to Meghan like the did Kate (and admittedly I think Kate has only become 'adored' in the last three or four years having put in almost a decade now).

by Anonymousreply 425April 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Oh, but you forget, R425, Meghan didn't know anything about monarchy until it was too late. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 426April 4, 2021 8:39 PM

Even though Megs knew Eugenie before she met Harry, I'm sure the topic of Eugenie's family never came up.

by Anonymousreply 427April 4, 2021 8:54 PM

R384 Edward and Sophie are not "slightly peripheral" anymore. They are full time 2-of-the-7 senior royals. I don't see any indication that the Yorkies are being brought forward; the BRF trend seems to be toward larger more high profile projects, increased social media, and fewer ribbon cuttings and the like. Yorkies can make a picture of a strong royal family in the background. Times are changing.

by Anonymousreply 428April 4, 2021 8:56 PM

She is said to have gifted Catherine a knife as a Christmas gift, R396, and you do not think she would bully a child? She allegedly encouraged 7 year old Ivy Mulrohney to do so as well. She did not want to have George and Charlotte in the wedding at all and was told by the Palace it was not negotiable. The children were in 4 weddings that year, so their lack of experience was not a real concern. She bullied Catherine and Charlotte mulitple times before she even had a ring. Same woman is said to have super glued the eyes of sorority recruits shut. Call it what you will.

by Anonymousreply 429April 4, 2021 9:10 PM

R404, there is video on YT of MeAgain boasting she can cry on cue.

by Anonymousreply 430April 4, 2021 9:16 PM

I wouldn't put much past her, but knife as Christmas present is one of the few things I would. There's no mistaking that. And she'd have been clued in about William's temper by that point. I just can't see it, though I love the idea.

by Anonymousreply 431April 4, 2021 9:16 PM

Well...Kate is said to be an accomplished cook. Perhaps it was an expensive chef's knife.

by Anonymousreply 432April 4, 2021 9:23 PM

You have to laugh. True or not, embellished or whatever, these are all little dramas with enormous appeal to a huge market of suburban mommies in their 20s and 30s. Her sister-in-law made her cry! She called a child fat! She glued her sorority sister’s eyes shut! She sent the sister-in-law a knife! She spread rumors about her husband having an affair!

It’s Lifetime Movie stuff, hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 433April 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Can we henceforth refer to Meg as Baroness Killkeel? I kinda dig it.

by Anonymousreply 434April 4, 2021 9:29 PM

R428, I described the Wessexes as slightly peripheral because that has been the trend over the past decades. Even now that Harry and Meghan are gone, I still think the core of the family remains The Queen, Charles and Camilla, and William and Kate, With the Wessexes and Anne in a supporting role.

I don’t disagree with the idea that the Royal Family is heading in the direction of being smaller, trying to make the same impact with a smaller perceived cost, but in 10 year time the existing numbers of senior royals is going to have dwindled greatly. The Queen will have gone, and possibly Charles and Camilla too. At the most optimistic level, Charles and Camilla will be on the throne (even though he doesn’t look very healthy and will be over 80), Anne will be doing her bit at age 80, and the Wessexes will be in their late sixties. Even if they are not consciously included as senior royals, I would bet on attention moving to the middle-aged Yorks.

The Royals may want to be a smaller group, but The family has always acted on the principle that they have to be seen to be believed. If they don’t want to be seen as a dynasty of geriatrics, they are going to have to include some of the younger member like the Yorks or the Wessex kids, at least until William’s kids are out of school.

by Anonymousreply 435April 4, 2021 9:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 4, 2021 9:51 PM

Where does the gifting someone, in person, with a knife, for Christmas come from? Is it some film or pop culture reference?

by Anonymousreply 437April 4, 2021 10:34 PM

I believe I read about the knife gifting years ago.

I don’t believe the super glued eyelashes story.

by Anonymousreply 438April 4, 2021 10:38 PM

Is it some gesture cribbed from The Godfather, R438?

by Anonymousreply 439April 4, 2021 10:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 4, 2021 10:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441April 4, 2021 11:00 PM

"You must meet my wife."

"Let me get my hat and my knife!"

by Anonymousreply 442April 4, 2021 11:58 PM

I still get a chuckle out of "recollections may vary." It's such a polite, yet razor sharp smackdown of the Harkles and their lies.

by Anonymousreply 443April 5, 2021 12:01 AM

Chelsy Davy is a real African. She wouldn't have Harry; Davy announced the end of the relationship on Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444April 5, 2021 12:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 5, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote] I still get a chuckle out of "recollections may vary." It's such a polite, yet razor sharp smackdown of the Harkles and their lies.

The correct quotation is, "some recollections may vary," which is entirely in line with the Queen's desire to emphasize that as a family they share most memories.

by Anonymousreply 446April 5, 2021 12:15 AM

I will give MM the benefit of the doubt on the knife, r439. MM is a rube, and perhaps didn’t understand it was an inappropriate gift.

by Anonymousreply 447April 5, 2021 12:21 AM

Meghan is in many ways an unaware rube but she's not illiterate and she's street smart.

Slamming a door in someone's face and then gifting them a knife isn't exactly subtle.

by Anonymousreply 448April 5, 2021 12:31 AM

R432 Yes Kate is an avid cook and a huge fan of Mary Berry. When she and William were dating, Kate allegedly took a number of cooking classes and cooks the family meals on weekends. Unlike Meghan, Kate never stole her boyfriend's recipes, posted them on her blog and claimed them as her own.

by Anonymousreply 449April 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Not a Sussex stan by any means, but I participate in these threads because I've always been in the royalty threads. It's common knowledge among following the BRF that they give each other gag gifts for Christmas, never serious straight gifts.

Charles one year was given a toilet seat. Harry once gave the Queen a shower cap with the saying "ain't life a bitch" on it; she supposedly loved it. Another year Kate gave Harry a Grow Your Own Girlfriend kit.

Meghan's knife to Kate probably wasn't meant seriously. Unless it was.

by Anonymousreply 450April 5, 2021 12:56 AM

R450 You're 100% right the that royals allegedly buy each other gag gifts for Christmas. However, a knife to me doesn't say gag. Given all the rumours of tension between the Cambridge and the Sussexes and Meghan's alleged passive aggressive treatment of Kate, it's a very odd choice. To me it's like "I'm going to stab you in the back" which she did in the Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 451April 5, 2021 1:05 AM

Exactly, R451. Chilling.

by Anonymousreply 452April 5, 2021 1:06 AM

On another Harkle thread they're talking about Meghan's bitchy behaviour at Wimbledon when she had the area cleared (despite their being a royal box and 75 people who bought tickets had to be moved) so Meghan could have privacy and then she had her security guard try to take the phones of anyone who took a picture of her. That was the same year she attend a game with Kate and Pippa and spent the whole game ignoring Pippa.

by Anonymousreply 453April 5, 2021 1:12 AM

Take this with a grain of salt but Enty Lawyer from CDAN did this podcast two years ago. In it (around the 15 min mark) he talks about how Meghan allegedly used Sussex Royal instagram account to DM her friends and leak information/gossip about the royal family. It is believed that this where the gossip on Prince William have a fling got started. He also claims that getting royal gossip was much easier since Meghan started dating Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 5, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote] Charles one year was given a toilet seat. Harry once gave the Queen a shower cap with the saying "ain't life a bitch" on it; she supposedly loved it. Another year Kate gave Harry a Grow Your Own Girlfriend kit.

If you don't have a sense of humor you shouldn't be in the Army. Same for the BRF. If you marry her your kid may be a ginger black, love those cookies from Harrods. Get over it but not if you are H&M; if you are H&M, long after the alleged event you go to pathetic Orca and her slave Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 455April 5, 2021 1:33 AM

R384 they ANNOUNCED the 3 couples are the core of the BRF now, with a photo of the 6 arranged around the Queen, with the stupid press dubbing them the magnificent 7. It was major news presented in a low key way, as a kind of reshuffling to Harry leaving. The Wessexes are not supporting players anymore.

The knife gifting didn't happen and was another dumb fraucentric gossip item.

by Anonymousreply 456April 5, 2021 1:42 AM

How do you know, R456? Were you at Anmer Hall?

by Anonymousreply 457April 5, 2021 1:45 AM

I give knives to my relatives on a regular basis. They are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 458April 5, 2021 1:53 AM

From another site....linked here. It’s from 2018.

YMMV. But this sounds like the Megz we know and love./s

[quote] I knew/ had a business interaction with Meghan Markle before she became an A-list celeb. My god, the amount of wild drama that ensued from her end...

[quote]I’m not here to trash Meghan. I’m not a hater. I was one of those people who truly wanted to stan Meghan Markle (before and after her engagement to Prince Harry). I met her 1 year before she started dating Prince Harry. I can’t say the line of work I was in...but let’s just say I needed to work closely on a photo shoot with her. I was a c-level exec for a certain company that contracted Meghan to do a photo shoot. I hand selected her for the photo shoot. I believed she was going to become HUGELY successful in the future, that’s why I chose her. We had everything lined up (world class voguephotographer, stylists, location, hotels booked... the works!). Meghan agreed to do the shoot. We spent many weeks discussing the shoot with her and her “PR” (a mysterious woman that we couldn’t call. We could only speak to via email ). Meghan had a lot of OUTRAGEOUS demands for someone that very few people actually heard of at the time... . Nevertheless, we gave her what she requested.

[quote]Everything went well up until 1 day before the photo shoot. Next thing you know (skimming over a lot of the story here), Meghan’s “PR” is freaking out at us because someone from our team (Mind you, this person received previousauthorization from HER PR) posted a social media post about the upcoming shoot. My god, the friendly, mysterious PR turned into a down right psychopath overnight. She cursed us out, threatened us, and acted damn right insane (all via email). When I say insane, I mean INSANE. Discombobulated sentences, all caps, 10 pages of PURE, incoherent madness. Long story short, the photo shoot ended up being cancelled! We had to scramble to find a new celeb last minute. FF to afew months later, I met up with Meghan at an event. She was nice and lovely (as she portrays herself to be on camera... But I have a very sharp intuition when it comes to people. Every-time I spoke to her, she seemed off... contrived to me as if she was hiding something). I told her about her PR’s behaviour and she seemed genuinely shocked. She claimed to have no idea that her emotionally unstable PR ruined the photo shoot OP with us. She claimed to have been genuinely interested in the gig and mentioned that her PR said we were the ones who cancelled the contract. That day, I spoke to a friend of mine who worked for another company. Their company contracted Meghan for a photo shoot as well and shared a similar story of Meghan Markle (mind you, the companies that my friend and Irepresented at the time were big league brands that worked with several MUCH bigger celebs in the past). After the event, Meghan sent me an apology email. I had a nagging suspicion about her and ended up cross checking the location stamp of her email as well as the one from her PR (for those of you who don’t know this, it is very easy to trace the origin of an email)... Guess what? Both emails originated from the exact same computer and location (her home in Toronto).

[quote]This woman has serious issues. Hercancelling the photo shoot is not the part that bothers me. How she did it creeps me out. No sane person behaves that way! If you saw the email, you would understand what I mean. I was not exaggerating when I said the email was totally psychotic. The person who wrote it was clearly having a mental break down. I strongly believe she wrote that email. For the longest time I didn’t want to accept what I found out about her. Even after what she did to us, I wanted to Stan her as the first “black-ish” princess. It wasn’t until I read about her constantly loosing staff at the palace, and the tempestuous relationships she would have withpeople, that I realized she really must have psychological issues.

by Anonymousreply 459April 5, 2021 2:04 AM

I heard that Meghan gave Kate a gift certificate to Poundland and it wasn't a gag gift.

by Anonymousreply 460April 5, 2021 2:06 AM

R459 we prefer new pithy comments here, not a dissertation, or plagiarism, or old.

by Anonymousreply 461April 5, 2021 2:08 AM

r459 WOW There is certainly some shocking food for thought there.

by Anonymousreply 462April 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Surviving Angel please butt out this is a convo for adults, and survivors of the Killing of Sister George like you in your Kilburn basement bedsit are nor regarded as adults these days.

by Anonymousreply 463April 5, 2021 2:20 AM

Is this from when she was a daily whore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 5, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] [R459] we prefer new pithy comments here, not a dissertation, or plagiarism, or old.

That is YOU prefer ...

Get out, R461.

You speak for yourself ONLY.

by Anonymousreply 465April 5, 2021 2:29 AM

R464: don’t know.

But is is from when she claimed to be a “Caucasian Supermodel”.

Hehehehehehehehehe.

by Anonymousreply 466April 5, 2021 2:32 AM

We regard R459's link to be old and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 467April 5, 2021 2:32 AM

My media sources tell me another massive phone hacking scandal is going to rear it's ugly head. Could be this week. Hacking involving sugars phones and IP addresses.

by Anonymousreply 468April 5, 2021 2:36 AM

I assume this is from an early part of her career as a whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469April 5, 2021 2:39 AM

What might be the fallout from that, R448?

by Anonymousreply 470April 5, 2021 4:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 5, 2021 4:30 AM

[quote]BRF had no problem summoning a psychiatrist for Diana post honeymoon in the 80s.

Jeez. Judging by the results, it must've been a really bad one!

by Anonymousreply 472April 5, 2021 5:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 5, 2021 5:28 AM

Archie says, "drive safe!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 5, 2021 5:30 AM

R474 That's insulting!!!!!!! The BRF would never use the same trick twice. Plane crash this time!

by Anonymousreply 475April 5, 2021 5:37 AM

Interesting R43, that how much of the prewedding London Scoop/nycrealroyal seemed like conspiracy claptrap that has now occurred:

- Markle’s “soulessness” and grifting nature

- Harry’s dithering (an initial “hookup” with Markle ——> to being prodded further into the relationship)

- His reactionary tendencies in response to his family

- Scrubbing Markle’s past

- Wedding Fiasco

- Their threats of racism

- Their threats of an Oprah interview!

There are other things (like Marcus and other backers) that seem dubious.

But who knows? A lot of this stuff mentioned (in early 2017) has come to pass....

by Anonymousreply 476April 5, 2021 6:08 AM

According to a link posted above she was a dedicated sorority girl; that's enough reason for me to dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 477April 5, 2021 6:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 5, 2021 11:34 AM

Supermodel?!?!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLpmsl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 5, 2021 11:38 AM

R408 - I agree, Geidt's loss was yet one more in a long line of mistakes the BRF have made. As Max Hatings pointed out in his Airmail piece in January 2020, his experience working with the BRF in an advisory position was that they ALWAYS do the opposite of what those advisors suggest, and most of whom are far more worldly in a real-world sense than the upper level royals. The BRF keep sliding by each one of those massive errors and clinging on, but at some point, the sum total of all those errors one day will become too heavy and the roof of the castle will fall in on them.

The Queen is still running the show, as was seen in the H&M debacle, and she was right in heading off Charles' hot-headed first impulse in how to respond to the Oprah farce.

But HM still made quite a few own goals, one of which was not stepping in as soon as it became clear what the Harkles' game was, and pleasantly telling them that they could sling their hook immediately and head out for LA CA, or she would retire them as senior working royals and tell the world why.

She's good at some things but lousy at major confrontations, and sometimes those are necessary. All of this could have been stopped in its path. They just didn't have the balls to call Harry's and Meghna's on their game, they were too afraid of public jeers and the racism screams if they gave the two a choice: you want out, then get OUT, NOW, or else drop the behind my back negotiations or we will simply tell the world why we're retiring you.

Harry and Meghan needed at least two-four years in the public eye to monteise their celebrity sufficiently, including having Archie.

If the Queen had deprived them of it, they'd have been far less successful outside, and the screams of racism were utilised, anyway.

I also still believe that the monarchy now needs a reset badly, and won't get it with Charles, nor will Charles' petulant ego allow him to do the decent thing and start implementing a strategy following the Queen's Platinum Jubilee of requesting an reordering of the succession to name William Heir Apparent, whilst Charles remains Prince of Wales till the end of his life. Yes, the 15 core Commonwealth heads will have to agree, yes Parliament will have to agree, yes the Queen will have to agree. I suspect she will because she doesn't trust Charles. If she hadn't stopped him, he'd have gotten into an unwinnable tit-for-tat war with his idiot son and sociopath daughter-in-law.

William is the only person of importance in the senior levels with a spine. He is also many times more popular, as is his wife, than Charles and Camilla, especially amongst the younger folk in Britain. The BRF are fools not to see it.

It would be perhaps the last in a very long line of mistakes the BRF have made. In the case of H&M, the BRF are fortunate that their enemies look even worse than they do. But that won't help re long-term sustainability.

by Anonymousreply 480April 5, 2021 12:34 PM

I struggle to see any reason why the York girls are suddenly going to emerge as working members of the royal family. They are plainly living private lives and attend only occasions where family participates as family. Notwithstanding every time a York surfaces it reminds you of you know who, when was the last time either of them represented their currently reigning and loving grandmother? That's right, you can't. Whether they're nice girls or not they are the living embodiment of the kind of free range monarchy Charles doesn't want and a between their own aimless holidays and pseudo careers and whatever did or didn't happen in their obnoxious father's sex life.

The Yorks are over. They were born before anybody realized how much the world around the monarchy had changed and what vestiges they still have of it was due to Andrew's tantrums and the Queen's indulgence, one imagines.

by Anonymousreply 481April 5, 2021 12:50 PM

R480, I can't remember where I read it - somewhere credible - but there's a counter argument that in fact the private secretaries have too much influence over the Royal family and they are too deferential to them, oddly. It was speculation that had so much not gone secretary to secretary Meagain might not have so much to whine about for example.

They kind of broadened the selection pool after Diana died, because a big part of the problem then was the private secretaries were relying so much on past precedent, which is just what royalty love and which landed them all in the soup (remember the self inflicted, unnecessary flap over the flag over BP.) But maybe the effect was a kind of real world inflexibility and objective based planning that went too far the other way. A theory. But I do recall reading the original theory: the new breed of private secretaries are part of the problem, again, just in a different way.

by Anonymousreply 482April 5, 2021 12:56 PM

Throttled thread.

by Anonymousreply 483April 5, 2021 1:11 PM

Oh, do give it a rest R480!

by Anonymousreply 484April 5, 2021 1:24 PM

Our beloved Duchess has inspired a play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485April 5, 2021 1:24 PM

R480 = Diana.

by Anonymousreply 486April 5, 2021 1:42 PM

R480, there are many, many reasons why your theory will never happen: but the one that can't be got around is the Canadian constitution.

To make a substantial change to it, the federal government, the Provinces and the First Nations have to agree in majority. For some odd reason, when Trudeau the elder wrote the Constitution he almost bound it in knots to the extent he as good as made it unchangeable. Perhaps that was his plan all along. In any event, open the Constitution for one single thing, you've opened Pandora's box with regard to everything. It cannot be confined. Quebec will move in for the kill, with Alberta not far behind. Even if you could prevent asks for everything else, seeking alter the succession would throw the whole relationship with the crown into debate and that's not helpful.

In no way, shape or form will they reopen the Canadian constitution to enact new dance moves just for the succession to the Crown. The risk is too high for something too comparatively trivial.

by Anonymousreply 487April 5, 2021 1:43 PM

in that case, they could just send Charles to be King of Canada. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 488April 5, 2021 1:50 PM

I think we all know that when the Queen pops her clogs, Charles will be the face of the monarchy, but William will be calling the shots.

by Anonymousreply 489April 5, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] I agree, Geidt's loss was yet one more in a long line of mistakes the BRF have made. As Max Hatings pointed out in his Airmail piece in January 2020, his experience working with the BRF in an advisory position was that they ALWAYS do the opposite of what those advisors suggest, and most of whom are far more worldly in a real-world sense than the upper level royals. The BRF keep sliding by each one of those massive errors and clinging on, but at some point, the sum total of all those errors one day will become too heavy and the roof of the castle will fall in on them.

[quote]The Queen is still running the show, as was seen in the H&M debacle, and she was right in heading off Charles' hot-headed first impulse in how to respond to the Oprah farce.

[quote] But HM still made quite a few own goals, one of which was not stepping in as soon as it became clear what the Harkles' game was, and pleasantly telling them that they could sling their hook immediately and head out for LA CA, or she would retire them as senior working royals and tell the world why.

[quote] She's good at some things but lousy at major confrontations, and sometimes those are necessary. All of this could have been stopped in its path. They just didn't have the balls to call Harry's and Meghna's on their game, they were too afraid of public jeers and the racism screams if they gave the two a choice: you want out, then get OUT, NOW, or else drop the behind my back negotiations or we will simply tell the world why we're retiring you.

[quote] Harry and Meghan needed at least two-four years in the public eye to monteise their celebrity sufficiently, including having Archie.

Agree, R480.

While she may have been great in other respects, The Queen has handled The Harry and Meghan show poorly.

She seemingly rewarded them time and time again for overtly deleterious behaviour.

Harry’s bogus press warning statement. The Vanity Fair, “Mad About Harry! Article. The first girlfriend to mix at the holidays in Sandringham. The wedding disaster. The gaff on the Irish trip. The debacle of drunk-looking Meghan on her first solo trip w/TQ. Upstaging Eugenie at her own wedding. The atrocious Antipodes affair. The half mil NYC baby shower. The “repugnant” Morrocco Tour. The Vogue “editorship”. The Archie affairs (birth and christening). Monetizing Sussex Royal.

Etc.

Etc.

There were multiple intervention points.

If they were concerned about threats of being reported as racist (as was mentioned prior to the wedding)....welp, it happened anyway.

The Queen and Charles should give it up based on their handling of H&M. And that is not even including issues with Andrew.

Seems likely the monarchy is in troubled waters unless the reins are in William’s hands.

by Anonymousreply 490April 5, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote] Charles will be the face of the monarchy, but William will be calling the shots.

That doesn't sound like Charles to me.

by Anonymousreply 491April 5, 2021 2:17 PM

I thought her Maj did a fine job of handling the Sussex pests -- the foundations were broken up and KP move-in plans squashed quite smartly (she couldn't totally banish a pregnant woman, so off to Frogmore you go for now, pet.). They were official royals for 17 months, smoothly escorted out to Canada, and that was it.

The information on Charles wanting to reply to The Interview tit for tat came from the Mail, often used as a Harkle outlet. Additionally, Big Oprah has a hardon for Chaz since he pulled out of her interview years ago, plus the Mail did a separate story the other week of her directly calling out BP to answer racism accusations etc. So I'm side eyeing this shoddy foundation that underlies the argument that Charles should be skipped over. As if! R480 probably didn't see the Easter photos of her Maj and Chaz strolling around Frogmore, of all places.

by Anonymousreply 492April 5, 2021 3:08 PM

R492 are you implying the Mail is in the Harkles' pockets? Because there's no one worse to them. Or more sued by them. Hardly a love match.

by Anonymousreply 493April 5, 2021 3:29 PM

R480=Crazy, who derails any BRF thread with the same ludicrous scenario and is inevitably shot down.

by Anonymousreply 494April 5, 2021 3:33 PM

Oh, right, R480... now I remember that one. There is no reason she will not counter with some obstinate argument as to why it's feasible. Will block it.

by Anonymousreply 495April 5, 2021 3:37 PM

R493 I am asserting that the Mail would be happy to accept information that garners clicks and comments.

Not sure of course about the Charles tit for tat story, but besides the adversarial players noted above, it sounds ridiculous to me that the PoW would elaborate on a point by point rebuttal in the Daily Fucking Mail. Drip drip leaking rebuttals every other day via various sources is much more effective and leaves him out of it.

by Anonymousreply 496April 5, 2021 3:44 PM

I would believe that Charles feels perpetually misunderstood, and always feels a need to explain himself.

by Anonymousreply 497April 5, 2021 3:47 PM

He was misunderstood for decades regarding his environmental concerns.

Not arguing anymore with someone who thinks in terms of 'perpetually' and 'always' about someone they don't know. Sensing Saint Diana stan.

by Anonymousreply 498April 5, 2021 3:59 PM

Not at all, R498. Just musing and speculating, as we all are here. Who, pray, are you? Do you know these people? Unclench.

by Anonymousreply 499April 5, 2021 4:13 PM

I agree more with r492 than with r480, although I understand where r480 is coming from. When I first began to notice the Harkles' odd behavior (around the time of the $4M Frogmore refurb/Vogue edit/Archie's birth) I realized that there might be a large problem on the horizon for the BRF.

From that point on, I increasingly noticed their bad behavior, and also saw how rapidly Meghan and Harry were becoming genuinely hated in the UK, even among staunch royalists. When people who absolutely adore the Queen are driven to think the unthinkable "If it's going to be like this, then lets bin the whole thing" by her apparent refusal to stop Meghan and Harry making fools of themselves, of her, of the institution and of the country, the monarchy as a whole is on very thin ice. Even at the height of the Diana fury you never heard royalists saying anything like "Let's just get rid of it then."

But then a strange thing happened. After a long year of looking very precariously perched, the BRF has just been suddenly delivered clear off the thin ice and is now safely back on shore. The strange thing is that this deliverance was supplied courtesy of the Oprah interview. Not that it looked great for the BRF in the first week or so after it aired, but in the ensuing weeks, as more and more Harkle statements are proven to be brazen lies, the interview is increasingly working FOR the BRF rather than against them.

This isn't to say that people in the UK weren't shocked by the Harkles' allegations, but they were also shocked at the fact of the interview itself, shocked at its being done when Philip was near death in the hospital, and shocked that they would claim "poor us" from the lap of luxury while so many lives have been destroyed by a year of lockdown. Then, when multiple Sussex statements turned out to be provably false, the sting was taken out of the tail of the accusations that are unverifiable either way, such as the "racist comment" allegation.

Suddenly, the way things stand right now, the Queen's refusal to intervene seems like a stroke of genius. She has never been seen to say or do a single unkind thing to them, has indeed barely said a word except to wish them well and say they are loved. Meanwhile the Harkles look like lying, disloyal bullies who are attempting some kind of sordid shakedown of her and the BRF. The extremity of their accusations actually opened the door for the Palace to brief reporters on the facts behind the claims, which they would have never done had the interview not happened in the first place. And, as it turns out, all that was really required to defang the Harkle snake was a good thorough fact check.

With all their accusations going up in a humiliating cloud of smoke, the Harkles now stand permanently damaged, image wise and future prospect wise (corporations are wary of doing business with spoilt, publicly disloyal permavictims). Meanwhile the damage the Harkles sought to inflict on the family, while initially looking grave, has turned out to be illusory. The BRF now has the majority of the people's undying sympathy now. Not only are the Royalists back onside but there are even anti-monarchists are saying "If the monarchy has to go, let it not be at the hands of Harry and Meghan".

Everyone can relate to having an evil in-law or relative who causes constant pain and drama in the family. The Harkles brazen, selfish actions have in this way humanized the Queen & co in a way the BRF could never have done for themselves. The interview (combined with the effect of the BRF appearing in Zoom meetings which give people a sense of face to face interaction) has made the family seem more relateable, more deserving of sympathy, more stoic and genuinely more admirable than they seemed before.

And through all this, the Queen and the family come out with entirely clean hands, specifically because they did not intervene at any of the 'intervention points' r480 lists, or say anything unkind. The monarchy is stronger right now than it has been in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 500April 5, 2021 4:33 PM

Good post, R500, agree.

by Anonymousreply 501April 5, 2021 4:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502April 5, 2021 5:04 PM

I think the Queen has been an amazing monarch, but I do agree that her largest weakness has been her approach to family relationships. The Queen is known avoid confrontation at all costs and makes herself unavailable when things get dicey and a family member is going to need a telling off. I think her lack of a confrontational manner has served her well because I think sometimes silent dignity is the best rest when people are throwing mud at you, but some of the stuff that has happened behind the scenes is due to the queen's more hands off approach.

Part of this is just her character, and the other part, I think, is due to some guilt about nothing being as readily available to her children when they were growing up and as result, she overindulges them, particularly Andrew and Edward. That being said, it should not be up to a mother to be responsibly for the sins of her children/grandchildren when they are adults, but for the future of the monarchy (whose survival is largely her responsibility) I think she needed to me more direct and keep her family in line. The problem with so many roles is they look at how the can change the monarchy rather than focusing on what works and go from their.

While Charles/Diana, Andrew, (for a while Edward/Sophie), Harry/Meghan etc spent much of their public lives trying to reinvent the wheel (often in a more "look at me" manner) William/Kate have actually started to move more tomorrow the Queen's modelling while still being more "with it" but trying to focus the spotlight back on their activities and not their personality. This is why I think the monarchy is safe with these two, BUT Charles is set to reign first and that gives too much time for something to go wrong (e.g. William/Kate's image being damaged) or William being old and uninspiring by the time he becomes King. I don't think it makes sense to go from an 100 year old monarch (assuming the Queen lives as long as her mother) to an 80 year old monarch. I think it would make more sense to go right to William who will likely be in his mid-40s. But that's not going to happen unless Charles dies before the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 503April 5, 2021 6:35 PM

R468 is it connected to this story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 5, 2021 9:16 PM

MM had no career to continue. She had help from a boyfriend getting that Z-list job, and her acting was atrocious. She was pushing 40 as well. So this aging, untalented golddigger had nothing to give up.

by Anonymousreply 506April 5, 2021 9:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 5, 2021 11:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 5, 2021 11:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509April 5, 2021 11:35 PM

That is all pathetic hype @R509. That sounds very desperate to me. To be honest, as much as I loathe them, I really do not want to watch the downfall. It will be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 510April 6, 2021 12:03 AM

Hey - Megs - you know how they say you should do what you're good at and you know how everybody says we're always whining? Well, I've got a cracking idea!

by Anonymousreply 511April 6, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote]MM had no career to continue.

She'd have had one if she'd become the acting duchess. I mean, the scathing reviews would have driven her from it but she would have had some terrific heights to reach while failing.

by Anonymousreply 512April 6, 2021 12:22 AM

Remember when Megs announced that she would only entertain acting offers from A-List directors?

by Anonymousreply 513April 6, 2021 12:33 AM

Megs and Harry don't need any leaks.from the palace to make them look stupid. They are quite adept at doing that themselves.

by Anonymousreply 514April 6, 2021 2:20 AM

I still wonder who is paying for all this PR?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 6, 2021 4:01 AM

This is what I don't get, if Meghan is such a fame whore (which I believe she is) why would she give up the lifetime guarantee of celebrity by staying in the royal family, for the far more competitive American market. Let's get real, very few big names in America remain big for years or decades, particularly women. Sure there might be financial advantages in the short term, but it won't last. It is literally the dumbest move ever. Now, I'm sure being royal presents it's restrictions but it's still a pretty sweet gig. You really only need to appear in public for a few hours every week (even less as the British public had become more used to Will/Kate's mix of official live/private family time). You smile, you wave, give a speech, wear nice clothes, and that's about it. And as minor royals, H&M would have more time to chill with their celebrity friends. Hell, Meghan could have pulled a Margaret and got her own house on an island and turned it into a real bohemian "it" spot.

As for the negative press. I think after a while if she had just adapted herself even a tad more to British culture, been a little less "look at me" the press would have come round like did for Kate after she had her kids. But I guess this was not enough for her?

by Anonymousreply 516April 6, 2021 4:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517April 6, 2021 4:26 AM

When they do this it seems so fake and forced, ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518April 6, 2021 4:36 AM

r516, The one thing she couldn't have within the BRF was money or the ability to make money off her position. Also, if she divorces Harry while still in the family, all his assets would have still been protected from her and the house belongs to the Queen, so she would walk away with child maintenance and that's it.

She's setting up to ensure that if she wants to divorce, she is in the best situation to make the most out of her courtesy title and take the most of the assets.

by Anonymousreply 519April 6, 2021 5:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 6, 2021 12:51 PM

R317 The Green Hornbag

by Anonymousreply 521April 6, 2021 1:19 PM

Funny how esteemed journalist Gayle King has yet to report on any of the blatant untruths that Meg spouted in her O interview.

by Anonymousreply 522April 6, 2021 1:38 PM

Yes, and we are still waiting in those receipts from Oprah's little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 523April 6, 2021 1:43 PM

R317

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524April 6, 2021 1:59 PM

R317

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525April 6, 2021 2:00 PM

Of course this drops the morning after the Piers interview....and yet again plays off Harry's connections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 6, 2021 2:24 PM

Harry better hang on to Invictus with everything he's got as it's the only thing he has left which has any credibility.

by Anonymousreply 527April 6, 2021 2:38 PM

Keep on paddling, Meghan! That water is neck deep by now! 🏊‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 528April 6, 2021 2:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529April 6, 2021 2:59 PM

I thought Harry had been separated from Invictus. Invictus was the one thing he was good at.

by Anonymousreply 530April 6, 2021 3:14 PM

I genuinely respect Invictus, but I don’t enjoy stories about ‘the triumph of the human spirit.’ Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 531April 6, 2021 3:17 PM

New from Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 6, 2021 3:29 PM

R531, seems to be that the plan is to make bank by exploiting the misery and suffering of others whilst making themselves (physical disabilities, mental health, etc) noble for doing so.

Harry has done little for IG recently, has been an issue.

by Anonymousreply 533April 6, 2021 3:36 PM

R531 ‘the triumph of the human spirit' is regarded by some as an important element of 'invictus.'

by Anonymousreply 534April 6, 2021 3:58 PM

But I'll bet those racists still checked in on her frequently and asked her, "Are you OK?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 6, 2021 4:38 PM

R534 Yes, we get it.

by Anonymousreply 536April 6, 2021 5:34 PM

I’ll add - I’m sorry to have made a shitty comment. I truly admire the Invictus athletes and am glad for the documentary. I’m sure many will be inspired by it.

by Anonymousreply 537April 6, 2021 5:39 PM

The Invictus gang, recently neglected by HRH, may take a dim view of Dim using them to boost his paltry bank balance after he told the world on Oprah that he was having to dip into capital to pay for day to day expenses.

by Anonymousreply 538April 6, 2021 5:42 PM

Well, if it helps Invictus with their fundraising, then that’s good. Maybe the documentary will win some awards.

by Anonymousreply 539April 6, 2021 5:44 PM

More info. I dunno, it just seems exploitative by the duo. Great cause but...

Someday I hope more info comes out about those very odd photos from IG in Toronto of Harry, MeMe, Doria and Markus Anderson. Strange stuff and it made the Sunshine Sucks minions nuts when they were posted. Story there for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 6, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] Well, if it helps Invictus with their fundraising, then that’s good. Maybe the documentary will win some awards.

He is doing what he is not supposed to do: cashing in on his HRH/Sussex status. He would not be involved with IG were it not for that status. Don't be surprised if he is deprived of the IG patronage soon.

by Anonymousreply 541April 6, 2021 5:57 PM

R541 I would be surprised. He’s so associated with it.

by Anonymousreply 542April 6, 2021 6:02 PM

Piers Morgan dubbed ’empty parasite’ in heated clash with The Wire creator David Simon following Tucker Carlson interview

Does David work for Sunshine Sucks now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 6, 2021 6:06 PM

Invictus is a private patronage, or it would have been yanked too. I haven't read the terms -- hopefully Netflix, who lost a third of their market share last year, will make direct payment to them irregardless of performance. The bright spot is that Hazbo's former secret keeper Edward Lane Fox is an Invictus director, so I suspect Invictus got a decent deal.

Still shoddy to take money off of a charity.

by Anonymousreply 544April 6, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote] irregardless

R544 is tempting The Oh Dear Troll, lol.

by Anonymousreply 545April 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 6, 2021 6:27 PM

Uh IG damn well BETTER get "some of the action."

Don't tell on me R545, I'm tired and high.

by Anonymousreply 547April 6, 2021 6:46 PM

The news about the Invictus series is depressing, I think. It’s an admirable charity, and Harry’s work with it was a real achievement, but now it’s just the latest thing he has sought to turn into cold hard cash.

This is really the reason why I can’t bear the sanctimonious declarations of their commitment to public good. They shouldn’t get credit for making cash from their charitable associations. Philanthropy and profit are not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 548April 6, 2021 7:08 PM

You got there first, R545!!

by Anonymousreply 549April 6, 2021 7:26 PM

R548, it rubs me the wrong way too. And once they have monteized that and the BRF trashing, what is left? They do not create anytihng new or positive it seems except to profit from tearing it down or exploiting it. The cookbook was similar, MeAgain wrote a forward and swanned in and took over rather than giving a spotlight to the fire victims and the women who had founded and run the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 550April 6, 2021 7:42 PM

r544 Netflix lost a third last year??!! Surely such a steep drop is about something more fundamental or underlying than the pandemic??

by Anonymousreply 551April 6, 2021 8:13 PM

Allegedly there is a sex tape of Meghan in Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552April 6, 2021 8:39 PM

Good find, R552. Lots of tapes said to be in Canada, eh? One from the dress fitting bullying 2 yr old Princess Charlotte too.

by Anonymousreply 553April 6, 2021 9:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554April 6, 2021 9:47 PM

I personally don’t believe the tape rumor, but have to laugh at the Enquirer saying she was almost “tossed” out.

by Anonymousreply 555April 6, 2021 9:52 PM

Yes R551, NF held about 30% of streaming, and dropped to just below 20%; if anything they should have grown during the pandemic when watching TV was all anyone could do. I have no special insight into why -- increased competition, crappy offerings, the Harkles glomming on (j/k about that one), the sense that they jumped the shark when some douche said Netflix and chill, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 556April 6, 2021 10:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 6, 2021 11:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 6, 2021 11:10 PM

I doubt that's true, R557, but if it is, the RF need to freeze him out from this moment. Blabbing about private communication from the Royal Family proves him unworthy of their supposed gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 559April 6, 2021 11:18 PM

R559 Agree, that was tacky of Piers. He just couldn’t resist.

by Anonymousreply 560April 6, 2021 11:27 PM

Arise Sir Piers Morgan. I assume he's Welsh (Morgan) so he should he be made a knight of Order of St. David? This is unclear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561April 7, 2021 12:43 AM

R557 Which members of the royal family? Princess Michael?

by Anonymousreply 562April 7, 2021 1:02 AM

Piers is nearly as big a fantasicst as Megzilla, so...perhaps some dusty old cunt Duke or Lord gave him a here, here...but I doubt anyone closely connected reached out.

by Anonymousreply 563April 7, 2021 2:26 AM

OP will you make a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 564April 7, 2021 3:35 AM

not OP, but I can. am paid up. unless someone has done?

by Anonymousreply 565April 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Already done folks, pls don't do duplicate threads:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 7, 2021 4:11 AM

Piers Morgan, talking to of all people Billy Bush, is not the person you want to acknowledge as being on your side.

by Anonymousreply 567April 7, 2021 5:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568April 8, 2021 10:14 PM

Makes sense, r568. I bet they wanted Diana’s old apartment at Kensington Palace, which is huge and was converted into office space after Diana died.

by Anonymousreply 569April 8, 2021 11:35 PM

I'd love to hear some of the details about what went on when Sparkle and Dim were living at Nottingham Cottage at KP.

The French Ambassador who lived on the next street "Kensington Palace Gardens" (other high level diplomats lived on the same street) commented about their noise and partying.

And Lady C commented in one of her videos (after the Oprah poor me video) how ridiculous was MM's comment about being isolated and never leaving the house. She remarked that they were very active socially (in the way only Lady C can react).

by Anonymousreply 570April 9, 2021 12:36 AM

Andrew Lawrence returns again as Prince Harry on Youtube.

Topic - Multiple calls to the local police from the Montecito mansion on Rattlesnake/Mudslide Ridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571April 9, 2021 1:07 AM

R568 Could not find the bit in the article about dispute tracing back to Nottingham Cottage days vs. KP. However, I did note this:

"Reports had initially suggested that they would move into the 21-bedroom apartment nextdoor to Kate and William."

So basically, they fucked themselves with their outrageous behaviour and then began this whole devolution to litigation and exodus and Oprah whining. I mean, they assume no responsibility for their part in any of this. It was all done TO them because of "X" (insert one of many grievances).

Yet, they are so awesome and hip and woke that everyone should support them! And all their ventures!! HARD PASS.

by Anonymousreply 572April 9, 2021 3:05 AM

If she was committed to life in the royal family she'd have leapt at 21 bedrooms.

This was a plan from the start and it didn't include rain.

by Anonymousreply 573April 9, 2021 3:23 AM

R573, the story I've heard is that the 21 bedrooms were never actually on offer. She very much wanted what would have been the largest apartment at KP, and put out news that they were about to be given it--but it never happened. The two were given Frogmore Cottage instead, in what must have been seen as a slap in the face.

by Anonymousreply 574April 9, 2021 3:28 AM

Why would the police be called to their residence so often? They do have security, don't they? Are they having physical arguments?

by Anonymousreply 575April 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Rain?? Raine you say?? Countess Come Dancing twirling in her grave...

by Anonymousreply 576April 9, 2021 6:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!