Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recollections May Vary Part IV: The Rescue Chickens Have Come Home to Roost

The previous RMV thread got paywalled, so here's another thread to the BRF and the Sussexes. Have at 'em, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 595March 31, 2021 5:56 AM

Link to previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]In the Oprah interview it's very plain he's uncomfortable with some of the claims Meghan had made, and he doesn't seem very happy overall. My sense is that he is petrified that he can't make her happy and yet there is a tiny bit of him that feels guilt for what he has done to his family too. Certainly if the leaks are correct, then he's not enjoying his life in LA as much as the couple pretended. But Harry is fucked, he has nowhere to turn to. Emotional manipulator always try to separate their targets from the family and friends. All of Harry's social circle now is Meghan's social circle. He has no family anymore. While I don't know the end game for Megs, for Harry I think this will end in tragedy.

I agree. If his family doesn't intervene, he'll be in bad shape once Meghan leaves him. They'll almost certainly intervene, though.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2021 8:34 PM

FUCK YOU RACIST WHITE STRAIGHT CUNT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2021 8:59 PM

R3 is off its meds again.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2021 9:54 PM

It's pathetic that the Meghan stans are so insecure that they can't even bear discussion of her (many) flaws. Which is exactly how she behaves. Anything except the deepest praise of Meghan CANNOT BE ALLOWED. I feel so sorry for anyone who has to deal with her OR her ridiculous stans.

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2021 9:57 PM

So Scotty Bowers was the third in David & Wallis' threesome. Since Meghan and Harry are patterning their lives after D&W, who will be their Scotty Bowers?

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2021 10:07 PM

Don't they have some dude living with them right now?

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2021 10:11 PM

Harry seemed to be happiest (but really, who knows?) in the Army surrounded by guys his own age. Like living in a college dorm with an element of danger. Edward was MISERABLE in that situation, he had to leave the service early. Charles endured it although he probably had an equally tough time but he knew he couldn’t back out. Andrew thrived in it, all lads together.

Anyway, Harry has a new commander ordering him about but he has to miss the guys, his crowd of toffs that he’s palled around with forever.

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote]Don't they have some dude living with them right now?

Yeah, his name is Archie!

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2021 10:14 PM

What’s the Tea on Harry not liking California?

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2021 10:17 PM

Harry felt trapped in his old life. He was in his brother’s shadow, second fiddle.

He’s out of the frying pan, into the fire.

I’d feel sorry for him if he weren’t such a petulant man-child.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2021 6:46 AM

I think of Markus Anderson as being their concierge dealer and Harry’s handler. Remember how Anna Nicole had Howard K. Stern and the lady she called her “mom”? Like that. Shady people who manipulate and fix.

That household must be bananas.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2021 7:31 AM

FUCK THE DUMBARTON PRINCE!!!

[quote]Prince Harry looks 'lonely' after pals fail to back Oprah talk, commentator claims

[quote]A royal expert says the silence from Prince Harry's wide circle of London friends is "startling" in the days since the tell-all Oprah interview when he needs support more than ever.

[quote]"Maybe this is down to Harry's friends being seasoned hands at royal mateship, knowing that integral to keeping the role is keeping vehemently schtum around the media and simply adopting a batten-down-the-hatches, ride-out-the-storm approach," she ponders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2021 9:01 AM

As mentioned on the other threads, historian Max Hastings, who was an advisor to the royals at one time, said as soon as they bailed that everyone knew that when Harry left the structure, purpose, and camaraderie he found in the military, he was a train wreck waiting to happen.

He always was. Harry's problems didn't start with Meghan: Meghan was really the apotheosis of his muted rage and emotional confusion. She emblemised is, captured it, and channeled it for her own benefit.

By the way, the Cambridge's country home also has chickens, they just don't make sure the rest of the world knows about it.

If Harry had married Chelsy, daughter of a multi-millionaire landowner with vast holdings in South Africa, he could have carved out a life combining most if not all of the elements he wanted privately (wealth equal to his brother's), a gorgeous estate in Africa where he could promote conservation and land management, a fun partner not consumed with narcissism and a desire for fame, separation from the Olde Country but good relations with it and welcome any time back to birthdays, Trooping the Colour, Remembrance Day -

But no. He just HAD to feed his rage and his demons and his sullen resentment, and find someone to stick it to his family, whom he blames for everything that's wrong with how he feels (the true mark of the eternal child: never moving past the past), and end up having to sing for his supper to corrupt entertainment industry people who can buy and sell him on a whim, in over his head and being dragged around by his cock by a domineering, obsessed, angry, self-entitled borderline sociopath, his children deprived of an extended family on all sides.

You couldn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Harry is whining again about losing his mother.

Prince Harry has written the foreword to @ByHospital book for the children of key workers bereaved by #COVID19: “I wish I was able to hug you right now...When I was a young boy I lost my mum. At the time, I didn’t want to believe it or accept it, and it left a huge hole inside of me. I know how you feel and I want to assure you that over time that hole will be filled with so much love and support...You may feel alone, you may feel sad, you may feel angry, you may feel bad. This feeling will pass...you will feel better and stronger...”

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2021 12:56 PM

R13, this is such a dovetail of our tedious WASP posts and Markle posts. White people just don't get involved in these kinds of dramas. It is distasteful and never worth the trouble. This is ultimately private family business, no matter how many times someone goes to the media. What is Markle's white family background- German? (I'm thinking "Merkel".)

It's not about supporting or ignoring a friend, but a code of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] What’s the Tea on Harry not liking California?

It’s too hot to drink tea there and you know how the Brits get when they can’t have their eighty cups a day.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Karl con Hapsburg and Felipe VI of Spain are on the phone Charlotte, and they want a word. (R9)

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2021 1:01 PM

New photo of Charles and Camilla. They will be traveling to Greece next week for their first trip since the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2021 1:01 PM

Didn't Harry ghost a lot of his friends after they expressed doubts about the engagement to Meghan? A lot of them weren't even invited to the wedding so there would be room for A-listers Meghan barely knew. I wouldn't be defending him either.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2021 3:42 PM

Harry doesn't seem to have any of his old friends anymore, just Meghan's "friends" now.

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2021 3:46 PM

I think Meg is a master manipulator and abuser. I don't think she gives a single fuck about tabloid nonsense, but she knows it's a trauma spot for Harry, and that's how she keeps her hooks in him. "The tabs killed my mum and now they're after my wifey!" Now she's removing and isolating him from his support group. fwiw, I think Harry'll be fine, unlike other poor saps who fall victim to this scam. When all is over, the family will bring him back in the fold and in fact are protecting him even as we type. Refusing to grant him all his financial entitlements now means he can have them after the divorce is finalized. I don't sympathize with either twat, but that's my take.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2021 4:04 PM

It'l never be the same, who can trust him now? His fam will have to be careful of off the cuff comments, and always thinking of how Harry will react. i can't see him ever being comfortable in the UK again. Chelsy was def the one who got away.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2021 4:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2021 7:02 PM

Interesting gossip here re: why the wedding dress and bridesmaids' dresses looked so poorly fitted and rushed. Second place I have heard the gossip that Megsy did NOT want Charlotte or George in the wedding. They were in 3 other weddings that year, having small kids in wedidng party is common in UK. Would have been quite the story if Jessica's kids were in the wediding but not Harry's niece and nephew. Lots of rumors of MM being cruel to Charlotte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2021 7:32 PM

William and Catherine stuck very close to both kids at that wedding but not at other weddings they were in that year. With his family PAYING FOR everything the idea that she might have desired to exclude the Cambridge kids would be fairly astonishing. I do recall it coming out at the time that Meghan had shouted that Charlotte was going to ruin her wedding at one of the fititngs. The idea that she kept changing her mind would explain how poorly finished and fitted the dresses looked. The tights/socks issue rings true as well, in other weddings Charlotte was in she wore one or the other and she appeared to have blisters at Harry's wedding. So it was not that she went in hoping to fit in on the team and embrace "the family she never had" per Harry, she was off from before the ceremony and leaking about Catherine to Lainey from the time she moved in.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2021 7:42 PM

There are rumors that she pinched Charlotte at one of the fittings and LCC claims MM mocked her voice and encouraged the Mulhroney girl to bully her. There are other rumors that she called her "fat" when the dress did not fit. Charlotte was a preschooler at the time. If there was a history of cruelty it may explain why Camilla inserted herself between MeAgain and the small child. And there is a rumored video of her cruelty to Charlotte at a fitting. I had thought it odd that such a new mother had gone when she had a nanny, but apparently this was a repeated pattern, not a one off. If true, can you imagine someone marrying in and being cruel to very young child even before the ring?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2021 7:48 PM

R22, I agree with your take. I don’t feel sorry for anyone in this story. Not a one.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2021 8:18 PM

Of course Meghan didn't want Charlotte and George in the wedding--they might take attention off of her for 30 seconds, and we can't have that.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2021 8:38 PM

Kate really is a team player if the Charlotte stories are true. If someone did that to my kid, wild horses couldn't drag me to their house to bring flowers and smooth things over.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2021 8:40 PM

It has a ring of truth in that context for sure, R29. Think how much attention she could have gotten from that right off the bat, MM, "shaking up the concept" of family and of family weddings. So much for the "family she never had" per Harry himself. Hope they enjoy being isolated pariahs. The poor kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2021 8:41 PM

"Best lives"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my sides!

You know she is trying to insert herself in the Oscars like she did with Michelle O and at the Prince of Wales event. Princess Pushy might strike out this time.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2021 8:44 PM

Debating the shady financing of that ridiculous house is fun, shall we also speculate who is paying for ALL THIS PR from Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2021 8:45 PM

If Harry rejected sMEG's entrapment in 2017, would he be be branded a racist? But then again sMEG was a white girl back then.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2021 8:46 PM

If Harry and Meghan split, that is going to be one ugly custody battle. Especially since Harry will almost certainly want to return to the UK when all is said and done. The problem for him will be that the kids will have grown up in California (Baby Girl Sussex will even be born there), and so it will be harder for him to invoke the George I rule that gives the monarch custody of all grandchildren. Diana couldn't move Harry and Will out of the country after the divorce from Charles because of that rule, but if Harry's kids are already out of the country and have dual citizenship, it will be trickier.

I don't think the Queen, if she is still alive, or Charles, if he is monarch then, will intervene to take custody of the kids from Meghan. It would play terribly in the press, and the kids aren't dynastically important the way Harry and William were in the 1990s. Harry will have to suck it up and either live in California or only see his kids occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]Debating the shady financing of that ridiculous house is fun, shall we also speculate who is paying for ALL THIS PR from Sunshine Sachs?

Harry strongly implied during the interview that his trust fund was paying for the bulk of their expenses, which goes against the first rule of old money: NEVER touch the principal.

If Harry had stayed in the UK and continued to work as a senior royal, that trust fund could have been left to grow and provide security and options for his children and grandchildren. Instead, it's being used to pay for a too-large house and lots of expensive PR and a security detail. Such a waste of resources.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2021 8:51 PM

sMEG is always a cunt. Didn't she badmouth an unemployed woman behind her back but was caught doing that cunty thing on cam at the dress charity thing. What a cunt. And didn't she pull a MEH cunt face at schoolchildren after she was gifted something ordinary from them? What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2021 8:52 PM

???? ^^^^hello insecure male intern

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2021 10:00 PM

Could someone with access pls post the text here? Here is the beginning of the article.

Next month Prince William will celebrate his tenth wedding anniversary — the day he became a duke and embarked on the most formative decade of his life. Back then, the tentative 28-year-old newlywed was not ready to devote himself entirely to royal duties. A decade on, he is in a very different position.

The job of being the heir to the heir to the throne, of finding a balance between life and duty, is difficult at the best of times. These are not the best of times. In their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey this month the Duke and Duchess of Sussex accused the royal family and the institution around it of racism and callous disregard for a suicidal newcomer, among many other damning charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Absolute vipers, the blackmail attempts continue

"Earlier today it was revealed that more than 90 minutes of unseen footage from the Oprah interview could be aired to the public by ITV and further scupper peace talks between the Duke of Cambridge and his brother.

A source told the Sunday People: 'There is a lot of interest in showing the interview in full.

'The original programme was the biggest show of the year so far in the UK and was bought by firms around the world.'

They added: 'Oprah's production company know they're sitting on a goldmine so it's possible a deal could be done.'"

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2021 10:47 PM

A commonwealth citizen calls Meghan and Harry out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2021 11:09 PM

From the same channel: A Londoner busts Markle Myths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2021 11:14 PM

I am baffled as to how that could have been successful promo for the Apple mental health series.

Maybe if they were the subjects rather than the purported "experts?"

And how is failing to get your SUICIDAL AND PREGNANT WIFE help "breaking down stigma?" The fact that out in public he was rolling his eyes at her on an evening she claimed she could not safely be left alone is the cherry on the sundae.

I still stongly suspect they got money somehow. But as long as they are going with this (which also functions as more promo), how does that work? Seems more like the punchline of a joke, tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2021 12:09 AM

They should broadcast the interview outtakes. The biggest bombshells were already put out in the first airing, the leftovers are likely full of more petty insults, exaggerated stories and outright lies that will further damage the Sussexes credibility.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2021 12:11 AM

There are plans underway, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2021 12:19 AM

I few things have been said on this thread before, but I have a feeling that Harry will remarry rather quickly and perhaps even start a new family raised in the UK. The Windsors will not fight for Archie and Ariel Diana Doria Oprah. The optics are too much and at the end of the day, they probably don't really want them. Harry's next wife will be somebody more suitable. Yes, Chelsy Davey was a great match, but she didn't want him. In the past, she stated that she did not want to be in the royal spotlight. Maybe she also knew Harry was not mature enough to be a responsible and solid partner. In a partnership, most people want equality, not the play the parent or caregiver.

Meghan should have learned from her sister-in-law Kate or her arch rival's wife, Melania Trump. A true, titled gold digger has her eye on the the long game, doesn't make waves, stays loyal to her husband without question, and if need be, communicates her grievances to the world through her outfits and accessories for speculation. Nobody wants a trashy, 40-something, know it all, ball busting, extortion prone, publicity hungry woman like Markle for a partner.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2021 12:23 AM

R42, that interview is on the Turning Point website. Here’s a quote from their page:

“Turning Point UK is a grassroots organisation dedicated to educating students and other young people on the values of free markets, limited government and personal responsibility....

It is now more important than ever to defend our values against a dogmatic Left-wing political climate, education system and radical Labour Party which sympathises with terrorists, wishes to disarm the nation and whose Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer – if elected – would bankrupt the economy.”

Sounds very Libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2021 12:32 AM

When someone's really treated you like garbage and you think they're vile, disgusting people, you don't constantly talk about them and drop their names to get attention. When you loathe what a group or institution stands for, you don't demand titles and money made off of said group or institution. Well...I suppose you do those things if you're a liar or a grifter, and a piece of shit.

If the BRF is so terrible H and Megs should walk away, like adults. No titles, no money, no name dropping, no slander. But they won't...will they?

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2021 12:43 AM

Harry was on some kind of electric bike that he was probably merching, but the comments in the DM were so funny. It was "run, Harry, run". I think he'll be OK.

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2021 12:46 AM

I don't think Harry will ever be ok again, r49. He'll suffer during this period, isolated from everything and everyone he has ever known, he'll suffer in the next phase, once the divorce proceedings start, he'll suffer when he goes back to the uk with his tail between his legs as a clapped out 50-something who is hated by an entire country and who can't see his kids more than every few months, and so on and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2021 1:20 AM

Harry has a new daddy: David Foster.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2021 1:37 AM

He was merching the electric bike and the Adidas getup as well r49. That was very obvious from the pap photos.

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2021 1:58 AM

I thought her merching was supposed to lead to possible tax issues as a royal. How does that all work? I guess now they are free to do this? Seems kinda like a step down but what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2021 2:34 AM

Great take at the Guardian:

[quote]Supporters and detractors alike perceive the Oprah interview as the Sussexes’ golden ticket into the US elite, but it’s not as simple as that. While it’s accepted that such behaviour is offensive to the royals, it’s forgotten that it’s also the antithesis of how the mega-rich, uber-influential, notoriously private elite conduct themselves. The Sussexes aren’t going after standard-issue celebrity: one doubts their game plan is to end up on Dancing with the Stars. This is about the higher echelons of fame, at least Beyoncé/Clooney level, maybe Obama/Gates, considering those philanthropic impulses, a bit of swishing around with earnestly normcore billionaires or trillionaires, tech moguls and the like.

[quote]Anyone who’s ever fleetingly ventured into such elite orbits will tell you that they’re a discreet breed, living in micro-managed worlds, operating a strict privacy-first code. Getting close to them is like pushing through plasma. If they give out personal information, it’s in a tightly disciplined way. These people are unlikely to feel true kinship with people who give explosive gut-spilling interviews, never mind leak private family conversations to showbiz journalists.

We said this here at DL long before Megxit happened: She had made it to the top of the mountain, but she just had to keep climbing into thin air. She left A-list life as a British Royal for a B-list at best Hollywood life. Michelle Obama's remarks were a shot over the Sussex bow that was probably entirely missed by them. Meghan will never make it into elite circles again and will have no idea why. She'll cry racism, when it's really class that's the issue here.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2021 3:15 AM

Link to the Guardian article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2021 3:15 AM

In the words of Vivian Ward: “Big mistake. Big. HUGE.”

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Has anyone read the Sunday Times piece on William? Roya Nikkhah was supposed to get some good quotes from the inner circle.

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2021 3:30 AM

Somebody in the Prince Philip thread read it. Here is their summary:

[quote]I read it at the newsstand tonight. It was pretty disappointing and didn’t really have anything new that hasn’t already been leaked by “sources close to William.” To summarize: William is still royally pissed at Harry, he doesn’t feel trapped in his role, he’s the one who stayed (while Harry bolted), he’s become closer to Charles and the Queen, Kate and the kids give him a sense of stability, he’s made peace with the media, he really cares about his work with animal conservation, homelessness and mental health. He wants to respect the traditions of the monarchy, while still bringing some informality to his interactions with people. That’s about it. Obviously sanctioned by the palace and those interviewed were selected by the palace as they all spoke from basically the same talking points.

Unlike his brother, William knows how to be discreet.

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2021 3:54 AM

Speaking of discreet, the article at R55 hit the nail on the head. Meghan with her videos, journals, and "receipts" are the antithesis of what the ultra woke Hollywood-tech philanthropy elite subscribe to. The best line from the article:

[quote] Put it this way: has Michelle Obama ever sat on a TV sofa bitching about her sister-in-law?

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2021 4:02 AM

Powerful piece from The Guardian. Michelle O said a LOT without saying much.

Oprah made money and got attention but did them NO favors.

What advisors are at play here besides MeAgain and Marcus?

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2021 4:02 AM

I wonder if they'll blame Oprah for the fallout of this interview. "You edited it wrong!"

by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2021 4:06 AM

R54, it is not even just that but claims of bullying Harry's 2 year old niece even before the wedding. Even for difficult people her behavior is striking. Maybe it is part of her Diana LARP? She was said to behave normally until the wedding when she started coming to meals with a walkman and headphones on and behaved so erraticallly a psychiatrist was summoned for her on the honeymoon. I think her goal was to burn bridges and isolate him from the very beginning. She is so disordered. Hilaria Baldwin LARPING as Octomom and as a Spaniard is another, both exhibit serious mental issues. Personality disorders are like character, difficult to change. Very sad for the kids involved. If there is a tape of her bullying 2 year old Charlotte and calling her fat, I do hope it leaks.

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2021 4:10 AM

When Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret's beloved former nanny wrote a book about them later in life, the Palace instantly turned her out of her grace-and-favor flat and cut her dead. Nobody from the BRF attended her funeral. The book in question was totally complimentary and anodyne, but it didn't make any difference. Even the Princess of Wales wasn't exempt from such treatment after betraying the family on Panorama: Instant banishment was the response. That is how seriously people in those circles take their privacy.

Meghan allegedly betrayed a total lack of discretion from the start: the rumored picture taking at Anmer Hall, leaking to the press about Kate not going shopping with her, etc. Once she married in the leaks got worse: the Rose Hanbury story seems to have originated from one of Meghan's pet journalists. Meanwhile, the Palace was trying to save Meghan's reputation after she bullied her staff into mental breakdowns. There WERE leaks about the Sussexes during this time, but given how the Palace machinery dealt with the bullying stories, it seems doubtful that those leaks came from the top. Disgruntled rank-and-file is more likely.

The Oprah interview has to have been the last straw. It, and the further leaks that happened immediately afterwards, can have only one response: total banishment. A penitent Harry, born Royal that he is, might be accepted back on a limited trial basis at some future date (after spending some time in the Royal doghouse). Meghan will never be accepted by the BRF again. And while she may not care about that, she will care very much when the elite on THIS side of the pond also hold her at arms' length. They are as jealous of their privacy as the BRF, and after seeing how she treated her in-laws, who would ever trust her?

by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2021 4:23 AM

I absolutely hate that saying this and I hate myself for it, but I read this article about Jessica Mulroney having suicidal ideations at one point and unlike Meghan, I actually believe her. She said something stupid to some Canadian black micro-influencer who was riding the George Floyd wave for her 15 minutes and Jessica got cancelled. She lost everything - her multiple shows, contracts, and Meghan threw her under the bus with basically an "I don't know her". Without Jessica we wouldn't have Meghan and Meghan wouldn't have a plastic surgery muse to mimic.

Ugh, she's gross, I can't believe I wrote this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2021 4:26 AM

The difference between Meghan and Jessica is that Jessica felt suicidal after losing everything. Meghan felt 'suicidal' after gaining everything.

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2021 4:29 AM

It is perplexing, R65.

It appears that they might have believed that the BRF would cave to their demands after the interview? The whole thing is astonishing. Oprah got huge $ and made relevant again. What did H&M get?

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2021 4:34 AM

What are the chances the prenup says Harry gets the kids?

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2021 4:38 AM

Unfortunately there is supposedly no pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote]t appears that they might have believed that the BRF would cave to their demands after the interview? The whole thing is astonishing. Oprah got huge $ and made relevant again. What did H&M get?

They got a few days of headlines; that's about it. The Sussexes may think they are Oprah's equals, but she's been in the business a long time. She knew what she would get out of the interview; the Sussexes were supposed to look after themselves. The problem is that Harry has never looked after himself, and Meghan has always depended on the men in her life to look after her. Of course they're going to make terrible decisions.

Diana really thought the Panorama interview would make the BRF feel bad about how they had treated her and show penitence and remorse. Harry must have inherited his mother's capacity for self-delusion.

by Anonymousreply 69March 21, 2021 4:45 AM

r66, it seems increasingly clear that the interview was an attempt to shakedown the BRF.

That's why they dangled half-anecdotes of an explosive nature out there and then later briefed their friends to say that the "family are lucky they didn't name the racist", as well as allowing the media to know that there's 90 more minutes of footage yet to be seen. All the while making it clear they (the Harkles) were angry about primarily three things: being "cut off" financially by Charles, being denied security by the British and Canadian governments (implicit in this was the idea that the family should pay for their security out of pocket) and the fact that the BRF followed protocol and did not give great-grandson Archie the title of "Prince". These were their 'demands'.

That this was a shakedown was underscored by the fact that they later briefed Gayle King that their subsequent conversations with William and Charles were "unproductive". Meaning that none of their demands had been met.

Expect to hear more and more mention of the unseen 90 minutes of footage, expect to hear that they 'might' reveal the name of the family 'racist', and expect to hear the couple claim that they are being threatened by someone physically. If you hear none of these things, then you'll know that the BRF is giving them money at least. Although I doubt they'll ever get a Princely title for Archie.

by Anonymousreply 70March 21, 2021 5:13 AM

I can't imagine there is anything very explosive in those 90 minutes. If there were, it wouldn't have been cut out. If they name the family 'racist,' they'll have to precisely detail the conversation. Since it's likely it was a casual comment blown out of proportion, revealing details will make them look like hysterics. The physical threats are still not the BRF's problem, as the Sussexes are not working royals and thus responsible for their own security.

If I could parse these threats as essentially empty in 2 minutes, I'm sure the BRF is more than capable of doing the same. If Harry and Meghan continue to leak and whine, they'll just make themselves look worse and worse. What they should be doing is concentrating on actually producing something for Netflix: I don't see the Royal coffers opening any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 71March 21, 2021 5:17 AM

Meghan would murder Kate if she could.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 21, 2021 9:29 AM

Damn whoever linked the long-ago Meghan Vanity Fair cover story (in whichever of the ongoing M&H threads). I stopped after the first two paragraphs; the Eat-Pray-Love frauiness of it all made me feel queasy:

Markle had prepared a lunch of organic greens, a crusty bread to be dipped in olive oil, and pasta tossed with chilies bought from “a little place called Terroni, which they have in L.A. and in Toronto. They’re really hot, but if you’re good with heat, then I think they’re going to be your new favorite thing . . . I’ll give you a little jar to take home."

by Anonymousreply 73March 21, 2021 12:14 PM

What Meghan did to Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 21, 2021 12:37 PM

Poor Harry. .

He's such a world class CUNT

by Anonymousreply 75March 21, 2021 12:54 PM

Love the quote r59 highlights.

“ Put it this way: has Michelle Obama ever sat on a TV sofa bitching about her sister-in-law?”

That nails it.

by Anonymousreply 76March 21, 2021 1:00 PM

Harry doesn't have it in him to ever fight Meghan for custody. She would have custody and he would see them on school holidays. There is no way she would let them go to the UK.

Oprah is more powerful than Meghan. If she wants to sell the rest of the interview for millions, she can and will. I doubt she really cares how it makes Meghan look - she would take Meghan's side and pretend any backlash was unfair. She likely has the rights to the footage. Oprah didn't get to where she is by caring about people's feelings.

by Anonymousreply 77March 21, 2021 1:34 PM

Harry's a worthless cunt.

And his wife is worse.

by Anonymousreply 78March 21, 2021 2:07 PM

If Meghan had a sense of humor about herself, she might not be in "exile." She may be a narcissist but she is also very insecure about how she is perceived by the world. Since this is DL who are famous social climbers that aren't hated by the public?

by Anonymousreply 79March 21, 2021 2:39 PM

R73 I will admit, I looked up those chilis from Terroni and was thinking of ordering some. It sounded like a nice little meal.

That said, the Vanity Fair interview was an early jaw-dropper for me. A royal girlfriend did WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 80March 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Once quarantine lifts and “normal” life resumes and MM and Harry join the party circuit, he will discover how much his life has changed—and not for the better. He is used to hanging around with his kind. People who attended the right schools, whose families have known each other for generations. They all know each other or are connected in some way. Harry can trust them to a large extent.

But now, he’s going to be meeting every phony, fake striver in Hollywood. People getting close to him for their own sake, their own Instagram/Twitter feed. Lots of airy promises, wide smiles, congenial chats. MM knows how to sort through that bs but it will be unnerving to Harry who is not used to mixing with the general public. He wanted out of the BRF but he wasn’t sure what he wanted to be. I almost feel sorry for the guy. He could’ve taken up farming in Worcestershire or where it was and lived out of the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 81March 21, 2021 3:34 PM

R80, she was not even a royal girlfriend at the time. The piece forced Harry's hand and pushed him into the white knight role. He had been taking a break.

by Anonymousreply 82March 21, 2021 3:45 PM

Picture this, dear friends:

Harry marries Chelsy Davy and immediately steps down from full-time Royal duties. They move to Zimbabwe and open a wildlife sanctuary. There are also frequent trips to nearby Botswana where he continues his charitable work with children. Money isn't an issue, as he has the income from his trust and her family's sponsorship, so there is no need to beg Charles for anything. Chelsy doesn't care about titles so is content to be Princess Henry and let their children be private individuals without titles or the HRH designation.

Harry and Chelsy continue to do good works and build something of a mystique because they are so seldom seen at public events. Of course, in their private lives they travel frequently, see friends and family, and enjoy the good life. Otherwise, they focus on the work, perhaps narrating or appearing in prestige BBC documentaries about the sanctuary in Zimbabwe or the children's charities in Botswana every so often. When they do appear at major Royal events like Trooping the Color, they cause a sensation because of their rarity in the public eye.

Harry's life is one of comfort, strong family connections, and the kind of fame and reputation that is immune to the vagaries of the Royal game in the UK. He is not king and does not wish to be, because the privacy and self-determination he enjoys is something William will never be able to know. Since he is no longer jealous of William, the brothers are able to enjoy a strong and supportive relationship. Harry heads into his middle years thoroughly content and very much his own man.

That is the kind of life that could have left Harry a happy, productive, and satisfied person. It is the exact opposite of the life he has now and will probably have in the future. And that's all entirely because of his own bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 83March 21, 2021 3:52 PM

YouGov polled Britons on who they wanted to run Britain, divided up by political allegiance. Prince William came in first, Sir David Attenborough came in second and the Queen third. Harry got less support than Nigel Farage.

by Anonymousreply 84March 21, 2021 4:03 PM

Except she did not want a life with him, R83. No one did. Except grasping, desperate MeAgain.

Harry was going nowhere in life and approaching middle age. He does not have the character or intelligence for the life you described, most of that was his PR image. The Harry we saw on Oprah IS Harry. The one who treated girlfriends shabbily, abused polo ponies and had no real bonds with his niece and nephew.

by Anonymousreply 85March 21, 2021 4:39 PM

Oh, she was absolutely a royal girlfriend at the time of the Vanity Fair interview. I’ll bet they had already made their minds up to be married.

by Anonymousreply 86March 21, 2021 5:04 PM

r83, Chelsy didn't want to marry Harry expressly for the reasons why Meghan did:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 21, 2021 5:24 PM

R86, they were on a break. Same with Inskip wedding, which she crashed. It was her being pushiy and aggressive and Harry taking the bait. She used the press cleverly that time, to box him in, and never as well since.

by Anonymousreply 88March 21, 2021 5:52 PM

I always thought Chelsy had a wanton look about her. In a good way.

by Anonymousreply 89March 21, 2021 5:52 PM

From the link at R87

[quote] Chelsy and Harry remained famously close after their break-up, before his May 19 wedding to Meghan Markle, when they are said to have had a tearful phone call admitting their friendship could no longer continue and she was surprised that she wasn't invited to the exclusive wedding after-party at Frogmore House.

[quote] "In the end, she went and promised Harry she wouldn’t try and gatecrash the party."

WHAT??

I am finding it hard to believe that she contacted him to make such a promise.

Rather more likely that he asked her to make that promise.

Insulting.

by Anonymousreply 90March 21, 2021 6:15 PM

He called at the behest of his new wife obviously, r90. She wanted him to break all ties with Chelsy and 'put her in her place', by demanding she not come to the evening reception - even though she wasn't invited and probably wouldn't have even been thinking of going.

by Anonymousreply 91March 21, 2021 6:46 PM

Inskip and his wife (whose wedding Meg crashed) were not invited to the evening reception, in addition to other longtime friends.

by Anonymousreply 92March 21, 2021 7:45 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 21, 2021 7:54 PM

I’m still thinking about the Terroni pepperoncini picanti. I wonder if the Vanity Fair writer kept the jar Meghan give him, unopened. It would be an amusing royal souvenir.

by Anonymousreply 94March 21, 2021 8:00 PM

The Queen is looking to hire a Diversity Chief (something that was planned before H&M's interview)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 21, 2021 8:08 PM

I wonder if Harry and Meghan could have gone part-time in the UK from the beginning, or at least could Meghan have? The Snowdons did it in the 60s: Margaret was a senior Royal but Tony Snowdon continued to work as a photographer, his career really taking off thanks to his newfound connections. He came with her on Royal tours but also spent a great deal of time doing his own thing. Could Meghan have done that and continued her acting career? According to the Palace, they did offer her that option.

She probably would have had to refuse the HRH in order to do that, but that would have enabled her greater independence to maintain her privacy and that of her children. She could have made nice money as an actress and not had to depend on Charles for wardrobe and spending money. No doubt the BBC would have been accused of favoritism if it cast her in anything, but there are other options besides the Beeb, and she could have traveled to work in America.

She could have continued to use Meghan Markle professionally and treated the Duchess thing as a part-time title she only used when working with her husband, and no big deal to her personally. That would have really upped her progressive credentials. With her much higher profile, she would have gotten better acting roles regardless of her acting abilities (I've never seen her act so I can't attest to those).

Perhaps Meghan's crucial mistake was not being honest about her ambitions from the beginning. She could have had the greater professional success she wanted if she hadn't pretended that she DIDN'T want it and wanted instead to be a full-time working Royal. Nobody could have criticized her for wanting to maintain her career and her independence even while marrying into a 1000-year-old regressive institution, and nobody could have called her a golddigger if she'd continued to make her own money and demonstrated her indifference to titles and 'royal' treatment. She'd have been bulletproof.

by Anonymousreply 96March 21, 2021 8:31 PM

She still would have wanted to merch everything r96, and she still would have wanted to make political statements and air her own personal social views. Those would still have been problems for the BRF either way.

Bottom line is neither Harry or Meghan wanted to do much work. They wanted to do the half-in, half-out thing to keep their names in the spotlight with half the effort, and sit back and let their merching and media whoring do the rest of their 'brand-building'. Continuing her acting career wasn't in her plans - too much work.

by Anonymousreply 97March 21, 2021 8:41 PM

Markle is a terrible actress. That would be even more evident in the UK, where television acting is, in average, better than in the U.S., where looks are more important than talent.

I believe she wanted the BRF platform, without understanding its many limitations.

by Anonymousreply 98March 21, 2021 8:52 PM

If they didn't want to work very hard, the Sussexes should have remained working Royals. The main tasks of Royal appearances are to show up, make small talk and/or give a short speech, and look interested. The appearances, from transportation to wardrobe to any speeches prepared, are planned by others.

Sure, they would always have been secondary to William and Kate, they couldn't have merched and they couldn't have spouted political opinions, but they still would have enjoyed an incredibly luxurious lifestyle and worldwide fame in return for little work.

by Anonymousreply 99March 21, 2021 8:57 PM

True r99, they should have stayed on as working royals. But both Harry and Meghan's huge egos wouldn't allow them to stay the necessary two steps behind his father, and William and Kate and eventually their kids. Its was too much to ask.

by Anonymousreply 100March 21, 2021 9:02 PM

She wanted to be installed as Queen, R96.

by Anonymousreply 101March 21, 2021 9:10 PM

Meghan had been a D list actress all her miserable career. She thought she was finally the Leading Lady! Alas...

by Anonymousreply 102March 21, 2021 9:11 PM

R11, people in other hereditary monarchies cope.

by Anonymousreply 103March 21, 2021 9:12 PM

The issue with Meghan and Harry's "proposal" was that they wanted to pursue commercial ventures, effectively trading off on their royal titles to land lucrative deals. The Queen (and rightfully so) was having none of this. The Queen (William too) has always been adamant that royals are not celebrities, they are public figures with a public role in the day-to-day life of the country. One of the reasons why the Queen has endured is because though she is the most famous woman on the planet, we known next to nothing about what really makes her tick besides her love of horses and dogs. She is not a celebrity and she refuses be one by separating her public and private lives. Royals who give into their fame ultimately self-destruct (Diana, Fergie, Charles...to a degree..Andrew, Edward VIII, etc.)

H&M used the argument that other members of the royal family hold careers but still do some public duties BUT that's actually not a fair assessment. Yes, other members of the family earn their own living but they do so quietly and that are not giving security while doing so. I know Eugene and Beatrice have jobs but I can't for the life of me remember what they do and William successfully worked as a helicopter rescue pilot but kept a low profile while doing so. Allegedly the reason Charles stopped talking to Harry was he was tired of the fact that every time they talked, Harry changed his demands.

It's very transparent that H&M are lashing out because they didn't get their way. I suspect that both of them have rarely heard the word "no" in their lives, and playing victims. This is the reason they are not well received in the UK. Brits have a different cultural attitude towards celebrity (particularly to pontificating celebrity). By leaking details of their conversations with William and Charles, Harry has been handed his fate. There is no way back in for him unless it is without Meghan and even then, it's unlikely he will ever be allowed to returned to any form of public life again.

The truth is H&M you made the decision to leave and therefore you should not be entitled to anything from the British people.

by Anonymousreply 104March 21, 2021 9:43 PM

Yet, their entitlement knows no bounds, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105March 21, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote]Could Meghan have done that and continued her acting career?

She is too self-centered to realize what she had. She was a patron of The National Theatre. Can you imagine what she could have done in that role? Sponsored seminars on diversity theater. Championed writers that she liked. Her legacy could have been so much greater than being a suitcase girl and a diversity pick on a cable show nobody watched. All while having everyone else pay the bills for her.

by Anonymousreply 106March 21, 2021 11:08 PM

Lana Del Rey is also getting in on the Diana LARP game on her new album. She sings about cameras causing car crashes in one song, and references "Candle in the Wind" on another.

by Anonymousreply 107March 21, 2021 11:49 PM

Indeed r103. The past few weeks have me thinking about Joachim in Denmark, and how steadfastly he's supported his mother and also his elder brother. It hasn't always been easy for him, he hit a few speedbumps along the way in life but he's really come into his own in recent years. A very settled "spare" second son.

Constantine in The Netherlands lives quietly and holds down a full time corporate job while remaining 4th in line of succession. Carl Philip and Madeleine have been steadfast in their support of Victoria and will hopefully remain so. Even Martha Louise of Norway, strange as she can be, doesn't bad mouth the NRF or bite the hand that feeds her. It's a peculiar issue for the BRF that they can't get the business of "the spare" sorted right.

by Anonymousreply 108March 22, 2021 12:16 AM

R106 I think Meghan came into this with a major ego assuming that she was going to adored from the word go. As that great piece in the Atlantic this week argued, she come into the royal family with a very Americanized view of celebrity. Basically she assumed she'd be able to control the press narrative, and become an icon like Cher or Lady Gaga or something. The problem is the royals are not celebrities as R104 said, they are taxpayer funded public servants. Respect and adoration has to be earned and Meghan didn't want to put in the work. She pissed off many Brits not because of her racial background, but because she made no effort to try and adjust to British society. Rather, she came across as a just an demanding unaware American trying to "enlighten" the British masses.

But I agree with others who have said that Meghan actually doesn't care as much about the press as she makes out to. Based on what former staffers are saying, this seems to have been the plan all along. Make it look like she was driven from the UK and forced to support themselves. Meghan's problem is that despite his shortcomings, Harry is actually the more affable one. He may be petulant and a big man baby, but he has his mother's charisma and ability to connect with people. Meghan doesn't have this. I'm sure she doesn't see it that way, but if the polls from Newsweek are to be believed, Harry is still more popular than her in the US (with the Queen and William more popular than both H&M). If she thinks she's actually going to become President, she is fucking deluded beyond belief. The truth is, the more mud they sling the more their brand is going to be damaged. Problem is, I don't think they can handle being ignored. The royals are effectively going to play Meghan at her own game by ghosting them and this will drive them nuts. There will be more explosive revelations, but at this point I think we've already reach maximum damage. The Oprah interview was a massive earthquake and the Palace still stands. The rest will be aftershocks that will become milder and milder as time goes by and I suspect by the time the Queen is put in the earth, H&M will largely be irrelevant (if they are even still married).

by Anonymousreply 109March 22, 2021 12:38 AM

Oprah seems to be taking on a role beyond just the interview, for example, she recently ran this piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 22, 2021 1:21 AM

r109 Excellent analysis. Future revelations will largely be experienced and seen as aftershocks and by the public as attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 111March 22, 2021 2:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Both Harry and MeAgain seem loathesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 22, 2021 3:30 PM

His 99 year old grandfather just released from an extended hospital stay and Harry turns the screws.

Just astonishing behavior. WHO would do business with them after this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 22, 2021 3:32 PM

Another staff member leaves the Sussex household.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 22, 2021 3:33 PM

What does this mean?

"Mr Scobie suggested that these sort of manoeuvres could continue "if we are seeing a resistance from the Palace towards addressing the issues"."

While I am sure that MeAgain and Dim will try to cast it in terms of "systemic change" I strongly suspect it has a dollar figure attached.

They will be outcasts among the elite in the US too. Who would want to socialize with them?

by Anonymousreply 116March 22, 2021 3:36 PM

They lost their head of Travalyst Heather Wong last week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 22, 2021 3:37 PM

Ha, MeAgain, a chip off the old block!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 22, 2021 3:42 PM

I'd never heard of Travalyst before. My God is their website a masterclass in business speak "not even we know what the fuck we're doing" speak.

[quote] Led by The Duke of Sussex, and founded in partnership with Booking.com, Skyscanner, Trip.com Group, Tripadvisor, and Visa, Travalyst is a non-profit organisation working to identify – and help bring about – the systemic changes needed in order for sustainable travel to be taken out of the niche, and into the mainstream.

[quote] We believe tourism can, and must, play a key role in achieving a sustainable future for our world; so we’re convening the key players, and catalysing the necessary action, to change the impact of travel, for good.

[quote] We are committed to being a driving force that redefines what it means to travel, helping everyone explore our world in a way that protects both people and places, and secures a positive future for destinations and local communities for generations to come.

[quote] When communities are involved in the process of creating solutions from the start, then it is possible to develop sustainable, scalable, and profitable approaches for the long-term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 22, 2021 3:48 PM

Staff are STILL leaving them in droves. How long before the last of the believers gives up on the notion that they aren't disordered and nuts? It's like a never-ending merry-go-round of employees, each with their own horror story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 120March 22, 2021 4:05 PM

R115 Apparently Catherine St-Laurent (the staff member in questions) is stepping down after less than a year as their Chief of Staff but is moving to an “advisory” role. Their UK-based Press Secretary James Holt is replacing St-Laurent. St-Laurent was a high profile hire so the fact that she is leaving already is very interesting. Also moving to an "advisory" role is common when a corporation doesn't want (or have the money) to pay out a large severance deal so they keep the person on payroll for a period of time.

by Anonymousreply 121March 22, 2021 4:15 PM

"Very interesting" is so understated r121. It's like the 15th or 16th staffer who'd dumped them in three years. They are CRAY CRAY and anyone with a shred of sanity runs for the hills at the earliest opportunity.

How long before their new Producer, Ben Browning, takes off? Taking all bets here.

by Anonymousreply 122March 22, 2021 4:26 PM

Less than one month., @R122

by Anonymousreply 123March 22, 2021 4:31 PM

I'll give Browning up to a year for his own reputation, but no more than that.

by Anonymousreply 124March 22, 2021 4:45 PM

Either they're bad managers, which is probable, crazy and hard to work for, and people bail in this unprofessional manner.

Or... I wonder if there's financial malfeasance. And staffers tuck and run the second they notice something is amiss with the books. The BRF should just send the IRS their way. Let Uncle Sam do what he does best with grifters.

by Anonymousreply 125March 22, 2021 4:58 PM

I really want to know how the Sussex stans can spin this. Staffer after staffer, both high profile (like St. Laurent) and low (nannies, protection officers). It's like a circus, their lives. But they are always, still, the victims of everyone else. They will never give up on that narrative.

by Anonymousreply 126March 22, 2021 5:08 PM

What else do they have, R126? Rescue chickens?

God help those children.

by Anonymousreply 127March 22, 2021 5:09 PM

New press release

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 22, 2021 5:10 PM

How is Ben Browning a young "woman" producer?

by Anonymousreply 129March 22, 2021 5:12 PM

This is the weirdest venture- he's essentially a trust fund kid with dwindling assets. She's a c-list supporting actress. Why are they starting a big production venture wherein they hire others to do the work for them?Their notoriety can only buy them so many opportunities- at some point you have to produce yourself to make it profitable, no? Are they the stars of the productions? She should have stayed married to the producer if this was her end game.

I'm from the legal world- you can't fake it til you make it. Can someone in show business explain how this will work if they don't have the skills themselves and/or aren't rolling in cash?

Step 1: get production deals Step 2: Step 3: profit

by Anonymousreply 130March 22, 2021 5:19 PM

R58 - William is nit discreet as he and/or his staff leaks to every British Tabloid and some British Broadsheets.

At lease Harry said what he said to Gayle King and told Gayle King she could quote him directly.

by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2021 5:20 PM

Perhaps sometime in the future, the FEOHAM (Former Employees of Harry and Meghan) Club can get together and publish their reminiscences of fun times at Kensington Palace, the Cotswolds, Frogmore Cottage, Vancouver Island, Tyler Perry's place, and Montecito.

Anonymously, of course.

It would be a best seller.

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2021 5:34 PM

When you claim everyone around you --including all of your family members (except AND including the ones you want money from) and all of your friends-- is an abuser and a racist, YOU are the problem. YOU aren't oppressed, you're just an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 133March 22, 2021 5:37 PM

r126, much like the Trump administration, they'll shrug it off and say how the ex-employees were terrible at their job anyway.

by Anonymousreply 134March 22, 2021 5:38 PM

Clever use of "Promising Young Woman" in the headline at r128. Definitely using Instagram/Twitter search tactics.

by Anonymousreply 135March 22, 2021 5:41 PM

Would you work for Meghan and Harry in some low-profile capacity? I would, just for the adventure. I wouldn’t expect to love it or last long.

by Anonymousreply 136March 22, 2021 5:42 PM

R135, how is BEN a "promising young woman?"

by Anonymousreply 137March 22, 2021 6:00 PM

A huge part of what transpired with Harry's (and Meghan's) expectations of how they would be on equal footing with Will and Kate is how Harry was treated when he was single. He was Will and Kate's sidekick, wingman, 3rd wheel. Because he didn't have anyone accompanying him, they included him in everything which gave Harry the misunderstanding that he would always remain right next to them.

As soon as his bachelorhood ended and he had a partner of his own, he was shuffled into his rightful place as the spare.

The Queen, Charles, and William should never have included Harry in that way. I'm sure they did it so he wouldn't shunted off to the side on his own, but it gave him a terribly wrong expectation that he would stay elbow to elbow with Will and Kate the rest of his days.

by Anonymousreply 138March 22, 2021 6:20 PM

More potential legal problems for Megs? The judge in Megs' case who originally had ordered the Mail on Sunday, which had published a letter that Meghan wrote to father, to apologize as it was ruled they paper had breached privacy, has amended his ruling and is now allowing the Mail to appeal the case if they wish to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Oooh, that latest legal ruling has Buck House written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 140March 22, 2021 6:24 PM

Ruh roh! They may now appeal after all. I wonder what triggered that major change.

Sucks to be you Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 141March 22, 2021 6:24 PM

R140 Doubt it. It's likely that Megs and Harry's behaviour (e.g. openly leaking details of private conversations with the royal family) was seen by the judge as grounds for an appeal.

by Anonymousreply 142March 22, 2021 6:26 PM

R141 see R142

by Anonymousreply 143March 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Oh Page Six has removed the story about Megs and Harry's Chief of Staff quitting. I'm guessing that Catherine St-Laurent quit but was counter-offered and advisory position (e.g keep her on the payroll) as kind of "shut up money." Megs & Harz don't want turnover reported as a negative at time when she's been investigated for bullying and the high turn over of staff while she was living in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 144March 22, 2021 6:31 PM

In years to come, will the Oprah interview be seen as equal to the Panorama interview for sheer self-engineered disaster? I think so.

by Anonymousreply 145March 22, 2021 6:34 PM

R138, had MeAgain not been so disruptive, the plan WAS for a "Fab 4" and they were to have the apt next door, even slightly bigger than that of the Cambridge's. Harry would not have been king but they were intended to live and work closely together in an ongoing way. It was her need to brand as "shaking up" and to get a LOT of negative attention for NOT fitting in that blew all of that up.

by Anonymousreply 146March 22, 2021 6:36 PM

r145 Moreso I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 147March 22, 2021 6:36 PM

Yep, Meghan and Harry would have had perks very similar to the Cambridges, but they behaved so badly from their engagement onwards that the Palace had to readjust its plans. The response was Megxit and this disastrous interview. The Sussexes, particularly Meghan, are a case study in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 148March 22, 2021 6:40 PM

I'll always wonder if Megs went in thinking she'd stay the distance as a senior Royal and just couldn't handle the limitations, or if this was a grift from the start: Get in, get the fame, play the victim, and get out.

by Anonymousreply 149March 22, 2021 6:41 PM

R149 - She just did not want to handle the limitations. Also, she did not want to be what to do which I can understand as I would not allow a bunch of 3rd British royal courtiers and generic garden-variety British royal hanger-ons to tell me what to do, whom I can see, and what I may wear.

by Anonymousreply 150March 22, 2021 6:48 PM

No one ever said that to her though, r150.

by Anonymousreply 151March 22, 2021 6:53 PM

R150^^living in unicorn sugarland; where Markle's success in the BRF depended on everyone but herself.

by Anonymousreply 152March 22, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote]I would not allow a bunch of 3rd British royal courtiers and generic garden-variety British royal hanger-ons to tell me what to do, whom I can see, and what I may wear.

Sure, none of us would like that, but it is the job. It's astounding that she didn't research the life one bit. Every Royal biography, particularly the Diana-focused ones, talks about it.

by Anonymousreply 153March 22, 2021 6:55 PM

People with her kind of personality are perfectly aware of the rules and expectations. They just think the rules don’t apply to them. Because they are smarter and more special and better than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 154March 22, 2021 7:01 PM

Regarding the legal information at R139...

I wonder if part of this ruling has to do with something Sparkle claimed in the case.

I read somewhere that she claimed that all her emails automatically deleted after a certain number of days so that she could not provide her emails as ordered by the court.

But recently, after the interview with the Big O (I believe) wasn't there some claims that Sparkle had all the "receipts" about certain actions?

I remember at the time a poster remarked how amazing it was now that these documents wee available.

Anyone else remember this?

by Anonymousreply 155March 22, 2021 7:04 PM

I wonder if their mortgage or their team of publicists is costing them more?

Couples where both are borderline unhinged are like when drunks marry: nobody's capable of running the store.

by Anonymousreply 156March 22, 2021 7:07 PM

Yup r155 I think they may well have shot themselves in the foot. Not as clever as they think they are clearly!

by Anonymousreply 157March 22, 2021 7:22 PM

It is astonishing to watch, R148.

by Anonymousreply 158March 22, 2021 7:23 PM

So far the Daily Mail seems to have all the receipts - they were not marrried 3 days early. Meghan's dumb.

by Anonymousreply 159March 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Exactly, R154. She was able to work as part of an ensemble cast of Suits. However her "brand" as "Duchess" was on "shaking things up" and NOT fitting in. She is perfectly able to adjust her behavior to her goals. She and the BRF obviously did not share goals.

by Anonymousreply 160March 22, 2021 7:27 PM

Yes, R155. That is my recollection as well.

by Anonymousreply 161March 22, 2021 7:29 PM

I really do not believe for a moment that there was a racial motive behind Archie not being made a prince.

Remember when the Palace released that photo of the Queen, Philip, the Sussexes and Doria all cooing over newborn Archie? They didn't pose for an equivalent photo with the Middletons when any of the Cambridge kids were born. Now, obviously, a stage-managed photo does not prove that the royals are Not Racist. Of course it doesn't. BUT it does show that they are aware of the significance of Archie being the first biracial descendant of the Queen. Why, then, would they decide to deny him the title of prince purely because his grandmother is black? Even if the royals really are 100% racist behind the scenes, surely it would be good publicity to have a biracial British prince (which is exactly what Archie will become when Charles is crowned)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 22, 2021 7:34 PM

The Harkles' spokesperson just admitted to The Daily Beast that they did not in fact get married 3 days early as Meghan claimed but just recited 'personal vows'.... let's imagine what those personal vows were, shall we? Did the Archbishop become nauseous? I would have no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 163March 22, 2021 7:46 PM

r137- it doesn't matter who it is, they're playing on the popularity of the movie for search words on the internet- it's a tactic with hashtags- I've seen popular movies hashtagged on completely unrelated stuff like bras, or fruit dicers.

by Anonymousreply 164March 22, 2021 7:49 PM

Ben likely did not know to specify in his employment contract that he would not be referred to as a "young woman" unless perhaps he is transitioning? I see your point, R164 , but the hire is male and People should have higher standards than hash tags on social media on their article titles, no?

by Anonymousreply 165March 22, 2021 7:54 PM

Has this been discussed? Cali lawyers, would this be divided under divorce laws if she stays until he is 40?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 22, 2021 8:09 PM

r166 I thought that inherited family monies, as long as they are kept separate and not co-mingled with other marital assets, are untouchable by the spouse in a divorce. That's how it is in states I've lived in. Not sure how CA community property laws affect this though.

by Anonymousreply 167March 22, 2021 8:24 PM

Telegraph is spilling the tea about St. Laurent's departure:

"Although sources close to the Duke and Duchess insisted that Ms St-Laurent would continue to advise them through her social impact firm, insiders have claimed that the bilingual strategist, who has also worked in Brussels and London and featured in PR Week’s 40 under 40 in 2014, “wanted out”. The Telegraph understands that she will no longer be considered a full-time employee nor remain on the payroll. According to one well-placed insider: “I think there was a sense that she was having to fulfill a great many functions for the couple – not all of which were necessarily in her job spec.

“Catherine’s very bubbly and has a big personality. She was the bright hope to run their organisation so this is surprising news. They do not have a big team out in LA so it is undoubtedly going to be a blow.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Stop talking sense r162. Of course they were thrilled to have Archie as their great/grandson. That photo isn't faked, please. Philip wouldn't give the time of day if it didn't matter to him, and he looks delighted as hell.

The skin color excuse is baloney, and a vicious lie. They were told that Archie wouldn't be a prince until Charles is King, something Harry well knew and isn't hard to look up. They may also have very well been told that he'd never be a prince, due to Charles's long held plans to "slim" the monarchy and reduce the number of HRHs and Prince/sses. The BRF already started that ball rolling with James & Louise Wessex, it isn't a stretch at all to believe Charles always intended it for Harry's kids as well, long before Meghan came into the picture.

Linking Archie's HRH to security was a huge misdirect, since those two things aren't linked at all (it's about senior line of succession). So cringe to see the public buy into this.

by Anonymousreply 169March 22, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote]According to one well-placed insider: “I think there was a sense that she was having to fulfill a great many functions for the couple – not all of which were necessarily in her job spec.

Translation: she was asked to be Meghan and Haz's daily gofer, running all of their errands and doing their dirty work with everyone they're warring with, all while being yelled at and insulted. She wanted out and left.

by Anonymousreply 170March 22, 2021 8:31 PM

She is well known and regarded in circles they want entree to, R170. She had worked for Gates. Yikes. This does their shaky credibility NO favors.

by Anonymousreply 171March 22, 2021 8:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 22, 2021 11:28 PM

I wonder what happened to that housekeeper they hired. Mean-looking Guyanese lady.

by Anonymousreply 173March 23, 2021 2:01 AM

They hired her in LA, so unless she moved up to Santa Barbara with them, she's gone too.

by Anonymousreply 174March 23, 2021 2:05 AM

So H&M have confirmed they were not married before the wedding. I would be willing to accept Megs was confused if she hadn't been adamant in the interview that they were married in the garden three days before their wedding. If this was a court case then "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus" would apply. Basically once you discover one lie, you have to assume the rest of the story is all lies.

Also Canada's National Post confirmed that while Megs and Harz lived in Vancouver, Canadian taxpayers paid for their security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 23, 2021 2:32 AM

SO basically, she didn't want the Sussexes spreading rumours that she was fired, and the Sussexes didn't want her leaking how impossible they are to work for. Also, I think if Catherine said anything negative about Megs right now, she'd be branded a racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 23, 2021 3:45 AM

R176 All the British Reports are saying (based on sources in the Sussex camp) that Catherine St-Laurent effectively quit. The advisor thing is just PR spin to make both parties look good. H&M don't want to be see as nightmares to work for and St-Laurent doesn't want to risk her reputation, but trust me, but this time next year she will no longer by listed as an advisor.

by Anonymousreply 177March 23, 2021 3:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 23, 2021 4:05 AM

They lost Heather Wong, Harry's former assistant Private Secretary of 5 years and recent head of Travalyst, just after the interview, and now this latest one St. Laurent.

Seems as if the reaction to the interview hasn't been what the couple had hoped.

by Anonymousreply 179March 23, 2021 4:11 AM

r179 I am getting the impression that the majority of their UK friends and contacts have given up on them , moreso since the interview which is increasingly looking like a shakedown blackmail attempt for money and titles.

I mean come on in the same interview they said they felt trapped being royals but would consider returning if Archie received titles and they got more resources. Utterly transparent and especially his friends from the upper tiers in UK upper class society circles would have spotted that straight away.

Why people like Hillary Clinton ,Don Lemon and some other celebrities jumped on the pro Meghan bandwagon after the interview I dont know. I thought they were smarter than that.

by Anonymousreply 180March 23, 2021 4:17 AM

R180– I’ve always admired her but after he support of the Harkles, I seriously think Hillary has dementia

by Anonymousreply 181March 23, 2021 4:47 AM

In this relatively recent documentary on Philip, the opening voiceover mentions "and no one ever leaves him" meaning staff.

Contrast that with 9 leaving in 18 months, and that's not even counting the ones who have left since the couple left the BRF.

Says everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 23, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote]Respect and adoration has to be earned and Meghan didn't want to put in the work.

Darling, she didn't even bother to wear the clothes required.

by Anonymousreply 183March 23, 2021 5:12 AM

Diana DID put in the work, r183. 14 years worth.

AND she wore the clothes required. All fitted, and none were insulting to the people she was visiting. She never wore a dress worth thousands to visit the poor, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 23, 2021 5:22 AM

The Bananas for Sex Workers visit was right in the middle of her "suicidal" phase.

She seems very animated, for being suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 185March 23, 2021 5:24 AM

I didn't mean to imply Diana didn't do the work. She may have done it with maximum behind-the-scenes drama, but she did it.

by Anonymousreply 186March 23, 2021 5:24 AM

In part 2 of "The Duke", Philip defends Prince Harry against widespread allegations that he hunted 'hen harriers', which are never, ever, meant to be shot, especially when there is so much available to shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 23, 2021 5:39 AM

R179 I suspect it's a mix of Megs being impossible to work for and a sense that H&M (both their marriage and their attempt to brand) is turning into a sinking ship.

R182 Most of the major royals have very low levels of staff turnover. Harry and William had the same staff for several years until Megs came onto the scene.

by Anonymousreply 188March 23, 2021 5:49 AM

Most royals do have low levels of turnover, r188, but Philip has had none.

While Meghan and Harry are speeding onto 90%.

by Anonymousreply 189March 23, 2021 5:52 AM

In all surveys, Prince Phillip comes out on top among palace staff. He grew up poor, by royal standards. He only had one threadbare suit when he married. Perhaps not growing up spoiled, with everything provided for him, provided Phillip with a more “common” perspective.

by Anonymousreply 190March 23, 2021 6:10 AM

Philip was pounded by constant death and grief from when he was born.

Then he was sent to the most brutal of boarding schools.

That he has lived this long is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 191March 23, 2021 6:18 AM

How much turnover did Diana have?

I'll bet, outside of her retreat from the BRF, none.

And yet Meghan and Harry?

They are horrible bosses.

by Anonymousreply 192March 23, 2021 6:33 AM

Calling all Sussex stans: please explain to us why your faves can't hang on to a single staffer. Tell us again what great minds they are, what organized and strategic planners and thinkers. How compassionate and thoughtful.

We're waiting, patiently.

by Anonymousreply 193March 23, 2021 11:56 AM

William and Kate at Westminster Abbey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 23, 2021 12:46 PM

The BRF need to remember - never negotiate with a terrorist or an extortionist Yes, there will be some damage, given the Sussexes vengeful scorched earth policy, but the BRF will survive

by Anonymousreply 195March 23, 2021 12:55 PM

R194 I suspect their quiet has to do with a lack of direction. With no one running the show and the two of them stewing in the juices of their disastrous interview, who is there to rally her Stans let alone tell them what to say [italic]ad infinitum ad nauseum[/italic]?

The BRF will survive as it has for a thousand years. H&M? Not the way they’re going.

by Anonymousreply 196March 23, 2021 1:10 PM

Do you know what I like quite a lot about Kate and William when they're on the job?

They aren't clinging to each other like a couple of teenagers, pulling focus. They're there to do the job and they do it. It's not about them. That dignity is the job being done properly.

by Anonymousreply 197March 23, 2021 1:13 PM

It really is extraordinary to watch this all play out. Looking at William and Catherine this morning, dressed appropriately, not drawing attention to themselves, not pawing at one another, etc reminded me not just of Meg and her strange get ups but also rumpled Harry with the holes in his shoes. It cannot be a sign of wellness. Quite agree, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198March 23, 2021 1:15 PM

They are like two 12 year old children. What can a family do? Legally adults, but mentally and emotionally they are like mentally ill preteens. Very sad for their families.

by Anonymousreply 199March 23, 2021 1:31 PM

That's not a get up! That's style!

Pedo Andy! And Kate's skirts! And racism!

by Anonymousreply 200March 23, 2021 1:45 PM

And Klan Granny thread! Sorry, just one coffee so far this morning so my hair net's not on straight!

by Anonymousreply 201March 23, 2021 1:46 PM

I wonder what role Lord Geidt is playing in all of this.... Is he advising the Royal Family on how to deal with M and H? He was supposed to be pretty slick when he was around...

by Anonymousreply 202March 23, 2021 2:40 PM

He was eased (pushed?) out as Private Secretary by Charles and Andrew, R202, the latter supporting his brother because of the way Geidt got him booted as UK Trade Rep thanks to his earlier (this was 10 years or so ago) relationship to Epstein and long before his disastrous interview. Had Geidt still been there, perhaps he'd have managed to scupper that.

by Anonymousreply 203March 23, 2021 2:52 PM

LOL... Harry has a 'real' job (The Maul's word, not mine.)

He's going to be... get ready... Chief Impact Officer with a company that sells an online app and assorted services for mental health.

Quoth the Maul:

"Harry, who has served in the British Army but has no corporate experience, will not manage any employees but will be expected to appear at special company events and spend time at the company's San Francisco for meetings once Covid restrictions are lifted.

Explaining why he has taken the job, Harry told the Wall Street Journal in a suitably corporate response: 'I intend to help create impact in people's lives. Proactive coaching provides endless possibilities for personal development, increased awareness, and an all-round better life'.

He added: 'This is about acknowledging that it isn't so much what is wrong with us, but more about what has happened to us over the course of life. Often because of societal barriers, financial difficulty, or stigma, too many people aren't able to focus on their mental health until they're forced to. I want us to move away from the idea that you have to feel broken before reaching out for help'.

The prince, who says he has been using BetterUp's app since January, began talks with them about a role last Autumn after being introduced to USC graduate Mr Robichaux 'through a mutual friend'.

BetterUp employs therapists and executive coaches on contracts, who are paired with clients to provide mental health coaching by video link through the app. Most of its clients are in the United States, but it does have executive coaches employed in the UK.

The tech firm that works with corporate giants including Facebook, Google, Snap Inc, NASA, Hilton and Warner Brothers. There will be some raised eyebrows because Harry has spoken widely on the need to protect the environment, but BetterUp has also worked with oil giant Chevron.

A bizarre list of values on BetterUp's website including: 'courage, playfulness, empathy, craftspersonship, grit and zest' "

by Anonymousreply 204March 23, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] Prince Harry has been given a job by a $1bn (£730m) Silicon Valley startup which provides professional coaching, mental health advice and “immersive learning” as its chief impact officer.

[quote] The Duke of Sussex said he hoped to be able to “create impact in people’s lives” by working with BetterUp to provide “proactive coaching” for personal development, increased awareness and “an all-round better life”.

I'm in the money, I'm in the money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 23, 2021 3:18 PM

All this mental health stuff from this family is...interesting.

by Anonymousreply 206March 23, 2021 3:27 PM

Yes,of course. I would definitely take mental health advice and life tips from someone who has been deadlocked in the "anger" stage of bereavement for over two decades, let his pregnant wife idle at "suicidal" so he could cast blame at his family, and who has yet to have a real job for any length of time at nearly 40. This is perfect!

by Anonymousreply 207March 23, 2021 3:37 PM

This is shady af. Money laundering? Data mining, shady af. You are disgusting Harry. A fucking disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 208March 23, 2021 3:39 PM

I saw the Harry gets a job bit this morning and had to check the calendar. Thought it was already April 1st.

by Anonymousreply 209March 23, 2021 3:44 PM

He's so being used. Which is worse: that he does know or that he doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 210March 23, 2021 3:45 PM

The Daily Mail is desperate for the first privacy breach.

by Anonymousreply 211March 23, 2021 3:45 PM

Him and the CEO apparently have a "mutual friend" and it looks like they created the job just for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 23, 2021 3:47 PM

R210 Harry's dumb as shit. I'm sure people with mental illness want to be "coached" by a guy who barely made it through high school and who said he couldn't get his supposedly suicidal wife to a shrink.

R211 Dumb Harry and Greedy Meghan have made an enemy for life with the Daily Mail. Had they just ignored the tabloids like all the Royals do, the Daily Mail would have already lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 213March 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Apparently Harry's new "job" is not actually a job per say. He will be quote "taking part in meetings, and promoting the app" he also won't be managing a team nor is it believed that he will be working a daily schedule.

by Anonymousreply 214March 23, 2021 3:51 PM

This is just a figurehead role / title - likely to start to give him a business profile and to look more appealing to those he is trying to appeal to.

by Anonymousreply 215March 23, 2021 3:53 PM

Well, I'm sure he'll do very well, once he learns how to tie their own shoes.

Been a whizz in the chicken coop since the completion of potty training. Learning to read is still - ongoing. And we've long given up on ability to judge character.

by Anonymousreply 216March 23, 2021 3:54 PM

Harry's new job announcement is splashed all over the Daily Mail site, pushing Will and Kate's Covid commemoration way down the page. Gee, who said they time their press releases to overshadow the royal family? If so, got to admire the ruthlessness.

by Anonymousreply 217March 23, 2021 3:58 PM

That website says it all: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex.

Definitely hired for what has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 218March 23, 2021 3:58 PM

Welcome to the rest of your life, Harry: Trading your title for a quick buck. If you need advice on how to deal with that, you might consult Sarah Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 219March 23, 2021 4:08 PM

[quote] BetterUp develops and supports high-performing people, cultures, and businesses through personal coaching, improving leadership skills, and building inclusive workforces.

[quote] Transform your ability to navigate change and be a daring leader. Discover how BetterUp can increase resilience, well-being, purpose, and belonging for you and your business.

I know its Silicon Valley, and their stock value balloons and collapses like... Well a balloon. But how did a business coaching company get valued at $1 billion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 23, 2021 4:14 PM

^ Because it's attracted the attention and skills of [italic]Meghan Markle's Husband![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 221March 23, 2021 4:17 PM

R194 Kate has really upped her fashion in the last couple years going for much more timeless "regal" looks. After she first married William, she tended to go for more trendy, more younger looking designs. But she's really stepped it up.

R217 H&M have a neurotic need to constantly be in the media despite their "desire" for privacy. BUT I also have to say it's also on the press sensationalizes it more than it needs to. The Daily Mail is a great example of this. The fact that Harry getting a job is the leading story on the website is ridiculous. There are a ton more important things happening in the UK today.

by Anonymousreply 222March 23, 2021 4:42 PM

He’ll be bringing in a paycheck until he gets his inheritance at age 40. Meghan will be pleased for now.

by Anonymousreply 223March 23, 2021 4:43 PM

Wow, a man pushing 40 gets his first real job because daddy is no longer paying his bills. Wow, he is a true hero!

by Anonymousreply 224March 23, 2021 4:50 PM

Will he wear his Nazi uniform to board meetings?

by Anonymousreply 225March 23, 2021 4:55 PM

But the job in question isn't even a real job. He's a well-paid figurehead they can show off on their website.

by Anonymousreply 226March 23, 2021 5:04 PM

Here's the stupid thing. If H&M had not done that Oprah interview and keep fighting the royal family publicly, I think this announcement would have been so much better received. It would have been taken more of a "good on Harry." These two are the perpetrators of their own downfall.

by Anonymousreply 227March 23, 2021 5:04 PM

Lady C is back with another video!

This time, leading off with the song "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte". I can't tell - is that Bette Davis I hear?

Didn't Lady C play BD's song from WEHTBJ as the lead off the an earlier video?

Lady C - a Bette Davis fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 23, 2021 5:11 PM

Lady C starts off today talking about the story on Catherine St-Laurent "stepping down".

by Anonymousreply 229March 23, 2021 5:17 PM

Wow! Lady C again.

More scoop on Sparkle's treatment of staff.

by Anonymousreply 230March 23, 2021 5:28 PM

The photo upthread of Harry, on his new employer's website is striking - he looks groomed, he is appropriately dressed in non-rumpled clothing (can't see if he is wearing the shoes with holes) and his affect is positive and appropriate. Very different than when they were WORKING to represent the Queen where he was disheveled and petulant on many occasions.

by Anonymousreply 231March 23, 2021 6:16 PM

Tech is the ultimate meritocracy. Full of Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, American Jews and self styled socialist WASPs. I suppose throwing over the British monarchy as your passion should play well with these groups, but it's very disingenuous coming from "Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex". The Bay does not bend the knee.

Hollywood, full of jumped up pretty white trash desperate for validation makes more sense as the Sussexes landing pad.

This is curious.

by Anonymousreply 232March 23, 2021 6:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 23, 2021 6:45 PM

This comment has over 20k upvotes.

Missing Aussie, Newcastle, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

Mental wellness advocate? This for the man who said he couldn't help his own wife when she felt desperate because he was embarrassed?

The harm done by the interview to any credibility on this issue is real.

by Anonymousreply 234March 23, 2021 6:56 PM

WTF is a Chief Impact Officer, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 235March 23, 2021 6:57 PM

A made up title to funnel $ to Harry, R235. In exchange for what?

If people wanted access to the BRF (hello dealings of Uncle Andy!) the interview kind of torpedoed that, no?

by Anonymousreply 236March 23, 2021 6:59 PM

I find it really odd and shocking as well as an indictment of american lawmakers that a foundation that purports to be charitable can exist and legally use up to 95% of the money essentially as a deposit in the founders personal bank account .

by Anonymousreply 237March 23, 2021 7:13 PM

The photo used on the company website was one of several from an earlier photo shoot also including photos of both of the Sussex duo.

by Anonymousreply 238March 23, 2021 7:14 PM

It's a 'role', not a job.

by Anonymousreply 239March 23, 2021 7:16 PM

Rolls eyes at R150.

by Anonymousreply 240March 23, 2021 7:26 PM

R150 is very grand for someone with such a tenuous grasp on literacy.

by Anonymousreply 241March 23, 2021 7:29 PM

This is an interesting one, esp the lengths gone to to supress negative stories re: Meghan by the BRF. There are many stories similar to the bridesmaids' dress fitting or tea throwing in Oz that people were asked to keep under wraps.

If that vid of abusing 2 year old Charlotte comes out, she is done.

Meghan's malevolent expressions in public give it all a ring of truth.

by Anonymousreply 242March 23, 2021 7:31 PM

Oops, link for R242

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 23, 2021 7:51 PM

Yeah, this is not a job just a trade in on royal title for exposure. "He’s going to plug this company and its coaching on how to overcome your anxiety, lack of confidence and self-esteem to help you succeed at work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 23, 2021 8:53 PM

R232- Hollywood is full of all colors of trash, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 245March 23, 2021 9:11 PM

Maybe Chief Impact Officer means they'll be using him as a test subject for new therapies?

Hmm... no impact.

Hmmm... no impact.

Hmm.... still petty and semi-literate, but he did get an erection when he scratched his balls.

by Anonymousreply 246March 23, 2021 9:51 PM

^ Success! The App works!

by Anonymousreply 247March 23, 2021 10:00 PM

They have been controlled ever since striking the deal to buy the Montecito house from the Russian oligarch. The don't know they are being controlled but they are. Now this obvious money laundering organisation. Prince Lee Harvey Harry the patsy and broody broker Duchess Marina Markle.

by Anonymousreply 248March 23, 2021 10:21 PM

Clouding the audit trail.

by Anonymousreply 249March 23, 2021 11:00 PM

R243 Lady C makes a point at the end of the video that I hadn't even thought of. Major powerhouses like the Obamas and now Bill Gates are treading very carefully in their comments about H&M because they see them as wild cards: if they are willing to betray their own families what would they do to us if we let them get close.

by Anonymousreply 250March 23, 2021 11:23 PM

Michelle O sent a clue their way, they then doubled down on the shakedown. As the very experienced palace aides said, "they do not listen to anyone."

by Anonymousreply 251March 23, 2021 11:36 PM

R245, yes good point. And I was wrong- the app founders are USC grads. So they are Hollywood... 😆

by Anonymousreply 252March 23, 2021 11:43 PM

Michelle Obama shut Sparkle down early during the Sussex saga after the "stories" surfaced that she (MO) was advising the Sussex pair when they were leaving the RF.

MO came out with an absolute denial and said that she had met Sparkle when she "popped in" (MO's statement) back stage at a previously scheduled event that MO was at months before.

Definition of "popped in"? Sparkle was not invited. Not expected.

Sparkle crashed back stage.

Yes, Michelle Obama had Sparkle's number.

by Anonymousreply 253March 23, 2021 11:55 PM

R250, the woman who left the job running Archewell after a year had been poached from the Gates Foundation. That will be noted, along with their vindictiveness and penchant for litigation. They are messy and a risk, both in business and socially. The akward pitching to Disney at a social event was widely circulated, and ended with words to the effect, she needs Disney more than Disney needs her. They are not just burning bridges with the BRF with this audacious public shakedown.

by Anonymousreply 254March 24, 2021 12:04 AM

For a bunch of youngish ambitious tech bros, though, Harry’s a pretty good get, no?

by Anonymousreply 255March 24, 2021 12:14 AM

R255 not really - they look desperate for attention - why else hire a total incompetent like Harry?

by Anonymousreply 256March 24, 2021 12:20 AM

r256, he's the spokesmodel, much like Megs was back in the day, not an actual errr...consultant.

by Anonymousreply 257March 24, 2021 12:24 AM

I don’t know, R256, when push comes to shove most people are still pretty starstruck about them. I’ll admit I’d be excited to meet them, why not. This would get the company a lot of attention at least at first.

by Anonymousreply 258March 24, 2021 12:26 AM

They had a ton of positive support in the USA post interview. Millions will be wowed by Harry being part of the company.

by Anonymousreply 259March 24, 2021 12:29 AM

r203 Geidt was brought back to BP as a "Special Advisor" to the BRF back when H & M were married. Specifically with an eye to watch over the new family addition and help her "transition" into her role. Not sure if he is still affiliated with TQ these days, but wouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 260March 24, 2021 12:31 AM

R254, I agree, it would seem that way to those guys. I hope they’re not expecting much, because he’s stupid and does not have a proven work ethic, IMO.

Meghan, I’ll admit, seems to have work ethic. Or, at least some hustle.

by Anonymousreply 261March 24, 2021 12:32 AM

At least this gives him something to do, and hopefully soon gets him out of the house!

by Anonymousreply 262March 24, 2021 12:40 AM

R250 & R253 This is why I'm kind of shocked that Oprah and Gayle seem to be leeching on to Megs and Harz. The smart ones see that these two are not to be trusted, but Oprah all but eating out Megz' snatch.

by Anonymousreply 263March 24, 2021 12:46 AM

Oprah made a lot from that interview, rights have now been sold around the world, and a second interview of the outtakes is coming, so $$$. And Gayle is free promo.

by Anonymousreply 264March 24, 2021 12:57 AM

This is the hope for the synthetic revolution - out with the old institutions, in with the new money oligarchs and uneducated but rich celebrities. Harry's trying to attach himself to this upset to get one over his future king, former Tiger Beat featured superior older brother.

It's wrapping itself in the legitimacy of anti-racism, social justice and humanism. But it's just turning the wheel to let new rich on top.

by Anonymousreply 265March 24, 2021 1:01 AM

I think Kate is pregnant. Her Catherine Walker coat dress was lovely, but we know that Kate likes thinks tailored and cinched. She is also holding her clutch at her mid section when standing and talking. At first I wasn't sure if it was just protocol I didn't notice (one hand over the over hand holding the clutch in front pf the stomach), but paired with the dress, I think there is a chance. Way before there was even an announcement of the Oprah bombshell there was a rumor that Kate wanted a 4th.

by Anonymousreply 266March 24, 2021 1:01 AM

For "The Windsors" fans, Harry getting this new job reminds me of the episode where Euge has a job at an art gallery, but is just there for the title unbeknownst to her. They make her wear a fake tiara and send her to lunch all day,

by Anonymousreply 267March 24, 2021 1:04 AM

R266 I, too, thought that coat dress looked generously sized.

by Anonymousreply 268March 24, 2021 1:11 AM

Oh shit! IVF GIRL TWINS! And she'll name them BOTH DIANA.

by Anonymousreply 269March 24, 2021 1:12 AM

DUALING DIANAS!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 270March 24, 2021 1:13 AM

Strange in a way how the name Diana never took off after the royal wedding. You don’t meet many 30-year-old Dianas.

by Anonymousreply 271March 24, 2021 1:18 AM

Sort of a doomed name, no?

by Anonymousreply 272March 24, 2021 1:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 24, 2021 1:27 AM

I've met a lot of young Mexican Dianas...

Well that explains HillDawg's kind words. Tit for tat.

by Anonymousreply 274March 24, 2021 1:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 24, 2021 1:41 AM

[Quote]Definition of "popped in"? Sparkle was not invited. Not expected. Sparkle crashed back stage.

Reminds me of Megs crashing Anna Wintour's box at Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 276March 24, 2021 1:52 AM

What? They didn't go with any of Sanders people? Oh, dear. Not very woke of them.

by Anonymousreply 277March 24, 2021 1:53 AM

R273 Let's see how long she lasts and if you're going to enter politics, maybe picking someone from Hillary's 2016 campaign isn't the smartest move.

by Anonymousreply 278March 24, 2021 2:00 AM

Oh apparently Megs and her agent have "parted amicably." Why did she even have an acting agent after she married into the royal family?

by Anonymousreply 279March 24, 2021 2:06 AM

R279 Meghan apparently kept her agent, Entertainment Lawyer and Business Manager on retainer while she was living in the UK....again, she always planned to return to the US.

by Anonymousreply 280March 24, 2021 2:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 24, 2021 2:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 24, 2021 2:19 AM

It is strange that Diana never took off to the heights it should have after the Royal Wedding. But it is also nice that it is still singular in a way, for her memory.

by Anonymousreply 283March 24, 2021 2:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 24, 2021 3:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 24, 2021 3:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 24, 2021 3:48 AM

r265 Astute analysis .You make very good points. I dont think Harry will succeed in this endeavour long term but I agree that is really effectively what he and his wife are trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 287March 24, 2021 3:54 AM

r266 Well spotted! I think you are right and I certainly hope that you are!

by Anonymousreply 288March 24, 2021 3:55 AM

Re: that photo at R286...she is fuckin batshit OMG

by Anonymousreply 289March 24, 2021 3:56 AM

“Prince Harry has been using BetterUp’s app and a coach for a couple of months, and he said filling out the initial questionnaire was a bit awkward because his background doesn’t fit a multiple-choice list of questions. “I realize I’m an outlier so there’s no need to get the engineers on it!” he joked, adding, “I was matched with my coach who, quite frankly, is truly awesome and has always given me sound advice and a fresh perspective, which is so valuable.”

by Anonymousreply 290March 24, 2021 3:59 AM

I'm not at Meghan fan, but I just can't believe the photo at R286 is real - although what fun if it really were. That's like next level stalker crazy.

by Anonymousreply 291March 24, 2021 3:59 AM

r286 That photo gives me a real creepy feeling .There is a sinister warped pathology that has developed on the journey from when those photos were put up and to today.

Harry has married a fixated royal obsessive , in a sense his stalker.

by Anonymousreply 292March 24, 2021 4:02 AM

R286 photo.

I hate to say it, but I suspect that is a fake.

Careful.

Nothing would be loved more than claiming a smear.

by Anonymousreply 293March 24, 2021 4:17 AM

I don't care for either of them but I hope to hell that's a photoshop. Because that honest to God scares the shit of of me if its real. I'd much, much rather have been initially fooled.

by Anonymousreply 294March 24, 2021 4:32 AM

I don't believe that photo is real. If it were, we'd have seen it long before now.

by Anonymousreply 295March 24, 2021 4:39 AM

R295– If the picture was real it would have been the DM’s front page for the last 1000 days

by Anonymousreply 296March 24, 2021 4:41 AM

Again- Cousin Harry, the twelve year old.

I thought the description above was perfect for their interview; however, two twelve year olds, along with mental illness, is taking it too far. I thought, maybe two well-spoken twelve year olds. Who knows, people can change. I wish Harry luck.

by Anonymousreply 297March 24, 2021 6:46 AM

R290’s quote is a little gem. Harry was supposed to explain that the app is easy to use and matched him with a good therapist, but it highlighted how extremely SPECIAL he is because haha he’s ROYAL so the questions don’t apply to him.

But for regular peons, it’s just swell.

by Anonymousreply 298March 24, 2021 10:27 AM

Girl, that picture at R286 can't be real.

by Anonymousreply 299March 24, 2021 11:03 AM

I don't know where to put this news so I'll drop it here on this thread.

The Queen's great grandson, Lucas Philip Tindall has arrived! First Eugenie uses Philip as a middle name for August last month and now Zara and Mike Tindall do the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Gave birth on the bathroom floor. How very Zara!

by Anonymousreply 301March 24, 2021 12:38 PM

It is my understanding that BetterUp uses primarily low paid unlicensed staff who read from scripts.

by Anonymousreply 302March 24, 2021 12:50 PM

Let's put it this way... one way or the other, r286 will be proven.

by Anonymousreply 303March 24, 2021 12:55 PM

The skin tone in that photo looks hot... meaning bright, white, like when the photo exposed to too much light. The background doesn't seem under the same harsh light. I think it's nigh on impossible that's real, fun though it would be.

by Anonymousreply 304March 24, 2021 1:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 24, 2021 1:02 PM

Someone imagined what Harry's resume may look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 24, 2021 1:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 24, 2021 1:10 PM

So laughable... being Prince and Duke on that website. What a joke. I keep arguing once she kicks him to the curb he can go back to UK and it won't be hard to regain the respect and affection he once had. Maybe it won't be... people love a comeback and she will leave this merger - marriage - looking worse than he does. But I am not as convinced as I was that it will be easy for him if he keeps pulling these cheap moves.

by Anonymousreply 308March 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 24, 2021 1:32 PM

I’ll never forget this observation many years ago from Howard Stern, that when something goes wrong in a celebrity’s life or career, the celebrity looks around them - never inward - for someone to blame and then makes changes accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 310March 24, 2021 1:34 PM

R309 “information disorder” - Well, that doesn’t sound creepy at all.

by Anonymousreply 311March 24, 2021 1:35 PM

Orwellian.

Rich from someone whose wife is a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 312March 24, 2021 1:37 PM

One could say Kathryn Murdoch is another who married into a powerful family and has acted as a disruptor.

by Anonymousreply 313March 24, 2021 1:38 PM

That has been Meg's "script" all along, R213, I could never understand how on the tendrils threads people did not understand it was the goal. People's actions make PERFECT SENSE if they have a different goal than you do.

It appears Harry will battle "fake news" with his "alternative facts" approach. God help us all. We are living in clown world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 24, 2021 1:49 PM

R302, you are correct. They use people who want to be "coaches" but have no formal coach training or certifications. I know a few "coaches" who work for BetterUp and the pay is horrendous. You get what you pay for, I suppose. No formally trained and certified coach who is any good would ever align with that company. It's been scoffed at for years.

by Anonymousreply 315March 24, 2021 1:51 PM

One wonders if it is a front of some sort, perhaps, R315?

by Anonymousreply 316March 24, 2021 1:52 PM

If it's a front, as others have pointed out, it's a data mining exercise to put out a highly-publicized, likely-free app that will allow people to willingly enter their psychological profile and personal history.

A bit like the Theranos controversy where it was revealed the company was just a sham interested in collecting American's blood.

by Anonymousreply 317March 24, 2021 2:39 PM

Sorry but that Aspen announcement is idiocy. He's a whiner and a drama queen when it comes to media. His grievances are legitimate but he isn't seeking anything constructive, just to vent. This will backfire. But then everything they touch backfires in the end.

by Anonymousreply 318March 24, 2021 2:41 PM

They rented a house from a Russsian oligarch in Canada, bought a house in Montecito from another and the head of the company that just offered Haz a job has an unusual Russian first name. Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 24, 2021 3:02 PM

Rented house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 24, 2021 3:06 PM

Getting in bed with the Russians might help her with her political career in America, IDK. Look what it did for Anusmouth! Who needs policy knowledge when you have Vladimir, amirite?

by Anonymousreply 322March 24, 2021 3:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 24, 2021 3:16 PM

I agree that the bedroom photo is a fake.

I hope Kate isn’t pregnant. Mainly because she gets terribly sick and it will take her out of action for months, right when she and William are riding high. It would knock Harry and therefore Archie down a peg, there’s some advisory circle that consists of people in the line of succession so protocol-wise, it is not good for Harry and it would infuriate Megs. But that short-term gain would be offset by the fact that it would be spreading the royals-being-supported-by-the-taxpayer talk. Babies are cute but so far no one seems to know what to do with them when they become adults. Anne has carved out her niche. Andrew has irredeemably screwed up. Edward, is anyone excited to see him? He tried to do various jobs and none worked out. Another baby will mess up Charles’ streamlining the monarchy plan.

by Anonymousreply 324March 24, 2021 3:21 PM

"I think in all of this, certainly over the past year, both as a result of the pandemic and as a result of Megxit, I think what you're seeing is a very closely aligned, top tier royals, the queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William, really working as a unit together. I think there isn't discord there. I think they're coming at this from the same place and working together as a team."

Hazbean and MeAgain are NOT team players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 24, 2021 3:24 PM

Huh, seems the app may not have been as beneficial to Harry as he claims...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 24, 2021 3:29 PM

R316, I agree completely.

by Anonymousreply 327March 24, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote]Edward, is anyone excited to see him?

I think that's the point of Edward and Sophie. They are solid, reliable B team and my impression is respected for it, in the family and out. They also seem quite content with their work. He's not the prick he used to be and she isn't grand. They and Princess Anne... they're a link to the old days and there's something valuable in that. The whole point of monarchy as a symbol is continuity. That is, in their way, what Charles' siblings bring to the show.

by Anonymousreply 328March 24, 2021 3:50 PM

This company better have a good PR agency on hand with a plan in please because Harry's appointment will unleash the dogs.

This is classic issues management. With crisis probably on the horizon.

And if his presence reduces the book value of the thing significantly because of bad publicity, what does that do to his earning value in the future?

Oh, this is gonna be fun!

by Anonymousreply 329March 24, 2021 3:52 PM

Oh, hope that company is prepared to called racists!

by Anonymousreply 330March 24, 2021 3:56 PM

If some horrible tragedy befell William and his children, moving Harry directly into the line of succession, how quickly do you think Meghan would bundle him onto the nearest plane to Heathrow with her?

by Anonymousreply 331March 24, 2021 4:44 PM

Roth seems fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332March 24, 2021 5:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333March 24, 2021 5:14 PM

Harry should enjoy the dressing up as monkeys parties with the prop bananas, he has a history of liking costume dos after all.

by Anonymousreply 334March 24, 2021 5:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 24, 2021 5:25 PM

Nothing like the human touch for restoring wellness. Oh, wait, AI is cheaper...

'As the creator and leader of AI-enabled video coaching and positive behavior-based platforms, Better Up has delivered personalized coaching and care across organizations big and small, resulting in improved performance and transformation at all levels."

by Anonymousreply 336March 24, 2021 5:32 PM

These all sound like pyramid schemes, or something of that ilk

"Salesforce Ventures

San Francisco-based Salesforce Ventures works with more than 400 companies in 24 countries across the world.

Earlier this month it reported a $2.17billion annual gain from its investments in other tech firms.

And then just days later it racked in more cash with another huge exit. Other gains were made last year when it sold its 2.8 million Zoom shares - which rocketed in price due to people's reliance on it during the Covid crisis."

by Anonymousreply 337March 24, 2021 5:33 PM

UAE investors? Shades of deal Uncle Andy. Wonder WHO was that who made the "introduction?"

Mubadala Capital

Mubadala Capital is based in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and was only founded in 2011.

It started life as the financial investment arm of Mubadala Investment Company - one of the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, with over $232 billion of assets.

It invests across the capital structure in both private and public securities, either directly or through third-party managed funds.

Its website says it 'aims to maintain a well-diversified portfolio that generates superior risk-adjusted returns on behalf of its shareholder and investors'.

by Anonymousreply 338March 24, 2021 5:34 PM

This will be Harry's life as long as he's with Meghan: Getting involved with shady people to make enough grey money to pay for that giant house, unnecessary security to prop up his and his wife's egos, and all the other trappings of A-list life. Real A-listers will distances themselves more and more as the Sussex reputation becomes more and more damaged. Pretty soon, they won't even be able to get Oprah on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 339March 24, 2021 5:34 PM

Seriously, I give this thing about a month before the whole thing topples under its own weight. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 340March 24, 2021 5:44 PM

Charles and Camilla arrive in Greece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 24, 2021 5:47 PM

Meghan's Royal Foundation??? WTF is this suppose to be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 24, 2021 5:57 PM

I think so too r340. But, i give it a year or two, until the baby is born and a little bit after

Harry made a big mistake and when he realizes it, he’s gonna be very mad

by Anonymousreply 343March 24, 2021 6:14 PM

R343... my imprecision... I think the CIO farce collapses... the marriage will drag on for awhile, yes.

by Anonymousreply 344March 24, 2021 6:34 PM

His rage will only work to his wife's advantage. I'm sure she's nothing his every tanty in her little diary for the future divorce proceedings. Megan will win, Harry will lose...epically.

by Anonymousreply 345March 24, 2021 6:38 PM

*noting, not nothing

by Anonymousreply 346March 24, 2021 6:39 PM

Curious with the continued focus on the UK when they chose to leave it...giving money, writing letters, etc. Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 347March 24, 2021 6:49 PM

I think he already knows he's made a big mistake. But I think he feels trapped because he knows if he leaves it will be nothing close to amicable. She will drag him through the dirt the way she's trying to with his family. Honestly, I would not be surprised to see this end in his suicide. He looks miserable.

by Anonymousreply 348March 24, 2021 6:59 PM

She sounds like a loon, r332.

My husband is a Slav. They are boisterous speakers, mor so than the Scots side of my family. I guess I am culturally insensitive too.

by Anonymousreply 349March 24, 2021 7:15 PM

Check out this headline, do they just print press releases straight up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350March 24, 2021 7:41 PM

Charles and Camilla landed in Greece. Time to overshadow their trip with announcements.

by Anonymousreply 351March 24, 2021 7:44 PM

Harry has never in his life lived this corporate mega-hour work life. He has never had Meg's hustle and drive (I think she puts in the hours, but the quality of what she does is short sighted and poor). He will soon, if not already, miss his cushy life where he probably only HAD to get up and out once or twice a week and could do fuck all the rest of the time. Even the most hardened corporate employees and execs get burnout, he'll get there fast and I am sure he's not working a full workload. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 352March 24, 2021 7:44 PM

R350 The argument could be made that mental health is a growth field these days. So many people are feeling like shit, there’s opportunity there.

by Anonymousreply 353March 24, 2021 7:45 PM

It been made perfectly clear, R352, he doesn't have anything approaching a job. He doesn't have to turn up and do anything,. It's a 'role'; he's a frontman for when they need him.

by Anonymousreply 354March 24, 2021 7:47 PM

How could he and a freaking MURDOCH possibly, remotely, FEASIBLY try to discuss media toxicity? Do they really think we are all fools? After his box office breaking betrayal interview was proven to be full of half truths, innuendoes and misleading gossip.

This Aspen Institute is BRAZEN.

by Anonymousreply 355March 24, 2021 7:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 24, 2021 8:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 24, 2021 8:17 PM

Of course, William also lost his mother, was forced as a young child into the role of her comforter and confidant and additionally was put in a pseudo-parental role re: Harry by his father.

The person you have children with is a very important choice. Makes it harder to walk when you should. Plus, he could never have accomplished any of this without her. I'm sure she does not let him forget.

by Anonymousreply 358March 24, 2021 8:21 PM

Now a Lifetime movie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 24, 2021 8:38 PM

If he hadn't been party to throwing his family members under the bus, I could feel sorry for him. He is quite clearly a worldwide laughingstock. He must know this.

And what a knock down compared to being the beloved prince.

Sad.

But the one(s) I really feel sorry for are his children because Sparkle's behavior shows her to be vindictive, poisonous and untrustworthy.

Perhaps he will plot his escape where he grabs his kids, dashes to an airport, boards an arranged plane and escapes with the Sussex children.

by Anonymousreply 360March 24, 2021 8:47 PM

And then Lifetime will be able to make a fourth movie:

Harry, Archie, and Ariel-Oprah: Escaping Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 361March 24, 2021 8:57 PM

We’re not using our titles. But we can’t help it if other people do!

by Anonymousreply 362March 24, 2021 9:09 PM

Tina Brown described Fergie's post-Royal existence as "Hawking her tiara to pay for her highlights."

This is a slightly more upscale version of the same thing. Meghan is shameless, but some part of Harry must be dying inside. I'm predicting major substance abuse problems in his future.

by Anonymousreply 363March 24, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]It appears Harry will battle "fake news" with his "alternative facts" approach. God help us all. We are living in clown world.

Good they can battle all the fake news they put out a few weeks ago, about their fake wedding, their security being tied to titles, her being restrained from getting healthcare, and about how "they aren't able to take (Archie's) title from him!" (um Toots, yes they can).

Get on it Haz!

by Anonymousreply 364March 24, 2021 9:28 PM

R361: Coming soon to Lifetime: "Not Without My Princelings!"

by Anonymousreply 365March 24, 2021 10:11 PM

His demeanor during the interview was no ringing advertisment of the value of their services.

by Anonymousreply 366March 24, 2021 10:16 PM

So is he the one being hired or is it expected that they're a package deal? She comes along as his minder and muse to those important corporate meetings...

by Anonymousreply 367March 24, 2021 10:20 PM

The Daily Mail has an article headlined Prince Charles wanted to release 'point by point' response to bombshell claims, which doesn't have much new in it except a summary of comments by Katie Nicholl, who covers Royals for Vanity Fair and blathers from time to time on Entertainment Tonight, from which the Mail drew this summary. Then in reshashes the Sussexes various arias from the Oprarah.

Sometimes I wonder if the Mail is trolling them, trying to provoke them into more bad behaviour or if it just figures clickbait. Or both. But nobody's really had any new news out of these two since Harry's new job at the Soothe Thru.

by Anonymousreply 368March 24, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote]Coming soon to Lifetime: "Not Without My Princelings!"

Not without My Title! Not Without My Tendrils!

and definitely

Not Without My OK!

by Anonymousreply 369March 24, 2021 10:29 PM

Mother, May I Sleep With the Ginger in the Nazi Uniform?

by Anonymousreply 370March 24, 2021 10:35 PM

omg lol r370.

by Anonymousreply 371March 24, 2021 11:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 24, 2021 11:30 PM

R350, article says “working on a solution-oriented approach”. You mean like a “solution,” Harry?! Sounds like you and yours could use a boost of of unsuck-it.com.

by Anonymousreply 373March 24, 2021 11:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 24, 2021 11:48 PM

They do say that past behavior can be predictive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 24, 2021 11:54 PM

This family and their letters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 24, 2021 11:57 PM

If iit is true that Phillip advised a clean break and Harry being removed from the line of succession a year ago instead of this drawn out "Mexit," in hindsight, that would have been a better course. I imagine the aim was to leave a path back but with these 2, should have just ripped the bandaid off.

They are due to lose what else on 3/31?

They could not let Charles' trip nor Zara giving birth become stories, gotta drip, drip, drip and step on all of them.

How nice for the Cambridges to get another new cousin to play with in addition to Pippa's new baby. Poor Archie, all alone...but for the chickens, I suppose. The Cambridges have chickens too, Meg never has an original idea...

by Anonymousreply 377March 25, 2021 12:01 AM

BUT HER CHICKENS ARE RESCUE!

Pedo Andy! And but Kate's skirt! And Racism! And rescue chickens!

by Anonymousreply 378March 25, 2021 12:06 AM

Let's see what story tops giving birth on the bathroom floor, lol. Maybe a ferris wheel?

How nice that Zara and Mike had a healthy son, named for Prince Phillip, as was Eugenie's son. The cousins will have so much fun growing up together. Pippa just has a little girl, as well. Archie is sure to be jealous of little Louis and his happy childhood, filled with family.

by Anonymousreply 379March 25, 2021 12:16 AM

Now remember what I told you, family are only as good as their presents.

by Anonymousreply 380March 25, 2021 12:18 AM

Back of a taxi, R379.

by Anonymousreply 381March 25, 2021 12:21 AM

Only if she can merch it, R381.

Maybe Uber. Or a private jet.

by Anonymousreply 382March 25, 2021 12:32 AM

A man has been arrested after a suspicious item was found at Holyrood Palace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 25, 2021 12:37 AM

I wonder who's jet she'll take to her baby shower in New York?

by Anonymousreply 384March 25, 2021 12:38 AM

I don't know if this is true or not, but allegedly Netflix had tried to get Megs and Michelle to work on a project together but Michelle said "hell no." Apparently, the Hollywood elite are weary of the couple because of their inability to keep their mouths shut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 25, 2021 12:54 AM

Employment lawyers want to weigh in on this issue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 25, 2021 12:55 AM

Surely Megs is trying to elbow her way into some role re: the Oscars. Anyone want to guess how that is likely to go?

by Anonymousreply 387March 25, 2021 1:20 AM

I directly blame Harry and Megs, R383. Maybe it’s their internalized racism against whites or royalists.

by Anonymousreply 388March 25, 2021 1:26 AM

You know what I wonder? What do you think he grabbed from the UK? Do you think he took his bespoke suits, a few tuxedos? Does he have important gentleman's dress sets he inherited from his dad or the Spencers, grooming kits and the like or did they tell everyone it was just a vacation and abandon everything?

Did his dad send him his important dress watches and her jewelry, did they bring the best items to Canada before they bailed?

I just wonder... how does one run away with luxury?

by Anonymousreply 389March 25, 2021 1:39 AM

Do they get priceless art and exquisite antique furniture in their fine stucco mansion in Montecito? Is it his birthright?

by Anonymousreply 390March 25, 2021 1:42 AM

I think it's sweet that Charles and Camilla are visiting Greece while Philip is so ill. It seems like all the family are doing little tributes to him in what look like his last days/months.

by Anonymousreply 391March 25, 2021 1:46 AM

Greece would have been planned well before this. The fact is, they're not that nice.

by Anonymousreply 392March 25, 2021 1:47 AM

Interesting re: Charles, if true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393March 25, 2021 1:50 AM

Yes, R392, but Philip was sick long before this too.

by Anonymousreply 394March 25, 2021 2:02 AM

Harry thinks he’s so cool, in with the in crowd.

by Anonymousreply 395March 25, 2021 2:24 AM

Harry's the biggest Geek that ever geeked.

by Anonymousreply 396March 25, 2021 2:30 AM

I have a friend in Montecito who lives near Harry and Megs. They live in a gated community and on an obviously guarded property. My friend said that they got they house for a steal because it needed a tremendous amount of work in terms of updates and systems. It looks expensive, but was built cheaply. I would say this is a metaphor for Meghan, but she looks cheap and was built cheap. Anyhow, a turnkey home in that neighborhood with similar square footage done properly would have be somewhere in the low 20M range. H&M are basically having to do a gut job. Oprah helped to get this deal done allegedly.

I bet this was set up on a "good behavior mortgage"from Charles with the end game that in the inevitable divorce, Meghan would automatically get the house free and clear. Some are saying that Charles has stopped paying the mortgage, hence Harry "being cut off" and dipping into Diana's and Queen Mother's trust funds.

by Anonymousreply 397March 25, 2021 2:37 AM

Guess they did not follow through with that "good behavior," eh, R397?

by Anonymousreply 398March 25, 2021 3:01 AM

He was not sick long before this. Old, yes, and living in lockdown with the Queen at Windsor, but rid yourself of the foolish, sentimental concoction that the Prince of Wales plotted a sentimental journey because his father was born there and hustled into exile as an infant.

by Anonymousreply 399March 25, 2021 3:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400March 25, 2021 3:36 AM

[Quote]sentimental concoction that the Prince of Wales plotted a sentimental journey because his father was born there and hustled into exile as an infant.

Yes, the Home Office arranged this in advance, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the trip wasn't meant to be symbolic in Big Phil's waning years in addition to whatever diplomatic objectives. Charles has an appreciation of history and understands the different layers of meaning and nuance associated with this trip.

Also, didn't William make his first big solo trip to Israel and visited his great grandmother's burial site? She helped to save the lives of many Greek Jews during WWII. Diplomacy is about solidifying connections by underscoring commonalities.

by Anonymousreply 401March 25, 2021 3:52 AM

R401 Yup, when representing the UK aboard, royals go where the government tells them. Interestingly, Greece is one of the few countries that Queen has never visited. Allegedly this was due to Philip's status as a Greek Prince because until the 2000s, the Greek government refused to allow members of the Greek Royal Family to set foot on Greek soil.

by Anonymousreply 402March 25, 2021 4:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 25, 2021 4:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 25, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote]Some are saying that Charles has stopped paying the mortgage, hence Harry "being cut off" and dipping into Diana's and Queen Mother's trust funds.

And like the Kraken, the Finance Troll rises from the deep and informs us that the Queen Mother didn't leave ANYTHING to Harry or the other great-grandkids . . .

However they're paying for it, I doubt Meghan will care if the house is cheaply built. She'll flip it to some starstruck patsy within 5 years and buy something in Holmby Hills.

by Anonymousreply 405March 25, 2021 5:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 25, 2021 5:07 AM

That Blind Item is hilarious. First Harry and Meghan pitch themselves as a couple, and the company says no thanks, we don't want her. Then Harry goes it alone, asks for 10% stake in a multi-billion dollar company, and was rightly told to fuck off:

[quote]He is a celebrity. That’s all. The ONLY reason they even talked to him was because he has a famous name and title. So celebrity spokesperson? Maybe. C-level exec? No. I heard that in the meetings it was clear that he knows nothing about business and that he was just using all sorts of buzzwords that didn’t really fit together.

[quote]Besides the inability to contribute anything but his name and title, the demand for equity was outrageous. I think his team realized that they were being unrealistic, so at the end they were just grasping at straws. The numbers they were throwing out were all over the place, starting at 10% and then going to 1 or 2%. This is a late stage company about to go public. The founders spent years building the company and were ready to announce an IPO. The valuation may wind up at $2B. It’s insane for this celebrity to think that he could walk in one minute before the IPO and claim $200 million for providing no value and doing nothing.

Harry has no idea how the real world works, does he? He got the perks he did in the UK because of a happy accident of birth. In Silicon Valley, he is a curiosity with limited value, and the further away he gets from his family the more limited that value becomes. BetterUp sounds like a scam: I doubt it's going to be the payday he thinks it is. But even BU didn't give him a 10% stake:

[quote][That other company is] pre-IPO and are still aiming for more growth before any kind of exit, so they were willing to take a flyer on him and give him some nonsensical title and an average salary. Since his main goal was equity, he certainly received equity, but they would be crazy to give him even 1%.

The entitlement of the Sussexes is breathtaking. They expect the whole world to fall at their feet because of titles they received for work they refused to do, and when anyone questions their motives they whine publically, make accusations of racism, and/or sue. What monsters they've turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 407March 25, 2021 5:12 AM

It's become clearer and clearer that the root of Harry's problems lie not just in his mother's death but also in his intense jealousy of William. Harry wants to be incredibly famous, influential, and well-paid simply for smiling and showing up. He wants to be The Man. Unfortunately for him, he was born second, and his brother is The Man in the UK (well, he will be eventually). If he'd played his cards right, Harry could have been The Other Man, never quite as famous, influential, or well-paid as his brother, but moreso than most of the human beings on the face of the earth. He'd have been rewarded handsomely for smiling and showing up. But being #2 just wasn't enough for him.

If he thinks he can be #1 in America just by dint of his famous name and family, he's in for a shock. Americans are spoiled, jaded, and overstimulated: We get bored fast. People make fun of the Kardashians, but they give good spectacle. The only spectacle the Sussexes seem able to manage is slagging off Harry's family, and that's not gonna carry them much longer.

by Anonymousreply 408March 25, 2021 5:42 AM

[Quote]Harry has no idea how the real world works, does he?

Obviously not since he hadn't a clue how to pursue mental health care for his pregnant suicidal wife other than asking handlers to take care of it. It was his whole life: getting others to take care of problems without having any notion about how to solve them himself.

The Silicone Valley douche bros are laughing their asses off at him and wife who seems to lead him around by that brass ring piercing his sharp, Grandpa Munster nose.

by Anonymousreply 409March 25, 2021 5:43 AM

There's a lot of truth in your analysis, R408. The really stupid part is that Harry was MORE popular than William before MeAgain came on the scene, yet William and Kate were happy to have him share their positive publicity as a third wheel - and to encourage the "Fab Four" idea until they got a load of Meggsy in full flight.

I remember a lot of criticism of them on here to the effect that they were lazy and wanted Harry and Meghan to take some of their work off their hands.

Whether that had any truth in it or not, they seemed comfortable sharing the spotlight with More Popular Younger Brother. There were no tizzies from them about that. So if he wasn't married to Miss Coercive Control 2018-2021, he could still be getting vast amounts of love and attention from his adoring public, and for doing very little.

by Anonymousreply 410March 25, 2021 5:56 AM

I hope this company is ready for the entirety of the British media (with the possible exception of the Guardian) to go through all their information with a fine tooth comb.

They've got the publicity they wanted from taking on Harry, but Harry has also made lifetime enemies of the all the UK tabloids. Even the pro-labour,, anti-monarchy Daily Star hates Harry and Meghan and have published some of the funnier, no-holds-barred headlines about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411March 25, 2021 6:12 AM

The Blind Item about the corporate deal suggests that Meghan may hold onto Harry a while longer. The world isn't that interested in her unless she is the Duchess of Sussex, and she won't be that if she and Harry split up: Only UK citizens would get to keep a courtesy title after divorce.

What will be interesting to see is if Harry comes to resent her if the golden life in California doesn't work out for him. He could leave her, but then she would hold his children hostage. Of course, if he's as bitter and selfish as some of these stories make him seem, he may let her have the kids.

by Anonymousreply 412March 25, 2021 6:14 AM

I can't help thinking how much all of the scorn and vitriol directed at Harry must sting...that he's stupid, gullible, immature, disloyal, controlled, foolish, and destined to fail in his marriage.

As to Meghan...she only cares about the criticism insomuch as it impedes her progress to her goals.

by Anonymousreply 413March 25, 2021 7:27 AM

Castles in the air.

by Anonymousreply 414March 25, 2021 7:47 AM

r405 Would Holmby hills be a downgrade?

by Anonymousreply 415March 25, 2021 10:54 AM

SA from Montecito, somewhat yes. Montecito = old Cali money (or used to), Holmby = noveau riche LA car salesmen or wealthy 1970s television producer.

by Anonymousreply 416March 25, 2021 12:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 25, 2021 12:34 PM

Let's not forget that under British law the Sovereign has legal custody of minor children who are among the first six in the line of succession. So King Charles would technically (and legally) have custody of Archie, but not Ariel. Which oddly I think cutthroat California divorce lawyers would love, because it goes to court and could get fantastically ugly from there, which is not what the royal family would prefer. Thing is, I am not sure that would ever matter to one of the protagonists in a divorce who has demonstrated a lack of ability to think critically about the possible fallout from various decisions and seems, more than not, to take decisions that upon reflection fall into the category of seemed like a good idea - at the time.

Plus there's this. And this is a real problem.

The Duchess of Sussex confessed to mental health issues so severe she contemplated suicide at a time that would have threatened the life of her unborn child.

I wouldn't want to try to wiggle out of that whopper within ten years of having said it, where minor children were involved.

Because there are two choices: she meant it, which creates the opportunity for opposing counsel to argue her suitability to raise her children without supervision.

Or she didn't mean it, which, under oath, puts her in the eternally tricky position of answering the question: So you lied?

by Anonymousreply 418March 25, 2021 12:50 PM

The future Diana Doria has come to life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 25, 2021 12:54 PM

That's the best possible outcome, R419, but I suspect wishful thinking... I don't think their looks are going to mix well: their similarities are among their worst physical features.

by Anonymousreply 420March 25, 2021 1:05 PM

Do you suppose after the second child Meagain really starts fighting the Markle genes? Because its looking more and more like the father's side of the family is behind the metabolism, bone structure and, basically, her middle.

by Anonymousreply 421March 25, 2021 1:10 PM

She will never escape my DNA.

by Anonymousreply 422March 25, 2021 1:12 PM

Thanks r416

by Anonymousreply 423March 25, 2021 1:20 PM

r417 He is a more intellectual version of Kitty Kelley and I rate her as pretty decent. His book will be dynamite of that I am sure. r418 If Kate has another child that presumably would knock Archie out of that list too as well as his younger sister?

by Anonymousreply 424March 25, 2021 1:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425March 25, 2021 1:31 PM

I have a question about real estate- if Charles' name is on the mortgage, then they don't fully own the house, and can't sell it without his permission, no? Or is the fact that he stopped paying it factor in?

I don't see them moving to Hombly Hills- the slums of Bel Air or Malibu maybe.

by Anonymousreply 426March 25, 2021 1:55 PM

R410, after seeeing him knock the little boys heads together at that walkabout, I think this PR image was going to slip soon even without MeAgain on the scene. There was a LOT of serious stuff covered up re: Harry and he had really aged out of the young rake time span w/o showing signs of growing up.

But yes, W&C showed no signs of jealousy or wanting to sandbag little messed up bro.

by Anonymousreply 427March 25, 2021 2:19 PM

The Markle creature is not a Negress!

by Anonymousreply 428March 25, 2021 3:28 PM

R417 The Sussexes buttlicker (well we know he'd want to lick Harry's ass anyways) Omid Scobie put out a tweet saying "look another angry white guy writing about Meghan Markle." It's funny if he had said angry black guy he'd have been cancelled. The race card is all Meghan and her supporters have.

by Anonymousreply 429March 25, 2021 3:48 PM

60 Minutes Australia appears to have having none of Meghan's shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 25, 2021 3:52 PM

The chances of that child having a a natural nose or hair like in the picture are very low, R419.

by Anonymousreply 431March 25, 2021 4:17 PM

Meghan's half-sister is on Twitter and calling her out. Regardless of what you think about her family, this is a lot of fun LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 25, 2021 4:22 PM

New from Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433March 25, 2021 5:18 PM

Of all the women in the world, he had to marry this one.

by Anonymousreply 434March 25, 2021 5:33 PM

He completely deserves this one, r434. They were made for each other, until she decides they were not. At that point her life will have been made by his association with her, and his life will be destroyed by his association with her.

by Anonymousreply 435March 25, 2021 5:55 PM

That prettty much sums it up, R435. God help their children, genes will have loaded the gun for dysfunction and a toxic and isolated upbringing with unstable and inconsistent caregivers will do them no favors.

Best scenario for the kids is that she moves on and her next paramour has no interest in them so they return to the UK, at least to a good boarding school.

Harry seems pretty doomed at this point, he seems so unhappy, bitter, isolated and with NO insight that might be expected at midlife.

by Anonymousreply 436March 25, 2021 6:28 PM

Oh wow! CNN finally questioning H&M's truthfulness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 25, 2021 6:30 PM

r437 Wow now that is a genuine surprise. I wonder why they are suddenly changing tone and tack? Don Lemon for instance was very much for believing them unquestiongly and lambasting the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 438March 25, 2021 6:35 PM

Why would Max Foster do that now? Somebody got to him!

And Pedo Andy! And but Kate's skirt! And RACISM! And rescue chickens!

by Anonymousreply 439March 25, 2021 6:37 PM

Oh the irony of Harry claiming his father and brother are trapped. I have never seen a sadder cock staring through the chicken wire of his coop.

by Anonymousreply 440March 25, 2021 7:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441March 25, 2021 9:38 PM

R441 Rats fleeing a sinking ship.

by Anonymousreply 442March 25, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]'Meghan insists that she has no plans to act presently so he's not needed to negotiate deals,' the source said.

Commensurate with her talents. I guess we can't say she's entirely without self awareness after all.

by Anonymousreply 443March 25, 2021 9:44 PM

I didn't know Gersh was a real agency. It's featured as Sally's agency in Barry. God I love that show. Everyone is a terrible self centred person just like you know who!

by Anonymousreply 444March 26, 2021 12:46 AM

The Telegraph has run a story about the writer who is doing the next biography of Her Royal Highness.

It won't be the full Oprah. Some bits:

For a public figure they must be the five most terrifying words in the language: “Tom Bower’s writing your biography”. So there’s likely to be wailing and gnashing of teeth in Montecito today with the news that Bower has signed a six-figure deal to write the unofficial life of the Duchess of Sussex.

The book is likely to present a very different reading experience for the Duchess than last year’s joint biography of herself and her husband, Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand. If that treacly hagiography was a soothing ego-massage, Bower’s book will feel more like going 10 rounds with Tyson Fury.

Bower has a reputation for taking no prisoners - one critic has called him “the undisputed Witchfinder General of contemporary biographers”. His twin specialities are mega-rich entrepreneurs (Robert Maxwell, Branson, Simon Cowell) and politicians (Blair, Brown, Corbyn, Johnson). But whoever he writes about, few readers come away with the impression that they’ve been reading about a thoroughly decent sort.

He’s been said to specialise in “men with something to hide”. Meghan Markle will be a rare female subject, but one assumes he wouldn’t be bothering with her unless he thought she had secrets to ferret out. It’s a safe bet that he won’t ignore the anomalies in the Duchess’s account of the past few years’ events, as Oprah Winfrey conspicuously did.

In an article in The Sun earlier this month, Bower launched a broadside against her.

“Convinced of her own greatness, Meghan thinks she has, for years, been the victim of plots to destroy her destiny. While others shone in leading roles, Meghan had bit parts,” he declared, adding that after she was written out of the television series Suits, she “brilliantly... invented a new script” and “ruthlessly” carried out a carefully planned scheme to ensnare Prince Harry. In his view, Meghan never intended to “sacrifice her Californian lifestyle and serve as a member of the Royal Family in rainy Britain” for long.

“Refusing to show son Archie’s face to the camera after his birth and demanding privacy, while constantly speaking to US journalists, confirmed her hypocrisy,” he went on, before comparing her unfavourably with Wallis Simpson (“[unlike] the Duke and Duchess of Windsor... Meghan and Harry clearly do not care about the uproar they are causing”).

His final complaint is that “in her selfish manner, she believes that she is entitled to say what she wants to Oprah Winfrey [and] those who criticise her inventions are racist and sexist.” Nobody is going to mistake his biography for a love letter, I imagine.

Of course any number of newspaper columnists have spouted hot air about Meghan’s supposed hypocrisy and perfidy. The reason Bower is such a terrifying prospect is that he does the legwork to back up his assertions.

by Anonymousreply 445March 26, 2021 2:15 AM

Thanks, R445. Should be an interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 446March 26, 2021 2:19 AM

It should be epic. It will be extremely difficult for H&M or their stans to cry foul and make hay out of Bower's account. He is a meticulous and very experienced researcher with excellent legal vetting.

It won't stop the likes of Scobie from tirelessly using race against him, claiming that he's harassing the famous bi-racial woman. It won't erase the research or the facts though.

by Anonymousreply 447March 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Scobie will be long forgotten by then.

by Anonymousreply 448March 26, 2021 2:26 AM

Plus by then little Diana-Doria will have been shown to the public in a 60 page people magazine spread, showing the world what a hypocrite Meghan really is

by Anonymousreply 449March 26, 2021 2:44 AM

r448 Forgotten by the public or thrown under a bus and ghosted by Harry and Meghan?

r445 Sounds delicious! I bet it ends up with a huge gigantic number of pre orders at Amazon and bookstores etc

by Anonymousreply 450March 26, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote]thrown under a bus and ghosted by Harry and Meghan?

Doubt that... he'd out them for their presence in Fleeing Fuckwads or whatever the hell his romance novel was called.

by Anonymousreply 451March 26, 2021 3:26 AM

Remember this shade thrown by these entitled cunts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452March 26, 2021 3:35 AM

Interesting. Seems like a bizarre thing for them to turn down, especially as Harry was a pilot, and since putting out fires is both noble and ecological.

Her trip to Australia was the period during which the staff made formal complaints about her, including the Australian staff at the Governor General's house. Maybe in her warped mind she hates Australia as a result. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 453March 26, 2021 3:45 AM

In their Oprah interview they claimed there was jealousy in the BRF abt how well Megzilla did on their Australian tour...so I doubt she hated it. Remember in her mind even throwing scalding tea at the help is acceptable. Her behaviour is never the problem.

by Anonymousreply 454March 26, 2021 4:15 AM

R454 There is no doubt that there Australian Tour was actually a success and well-received (despite the behind the scenes diva behavior) and it's probably the only highlight of H&M's time in the royal family (indeed their press coverage was good). But it should be noted that William & Kate had bigger crowds when the visited a few years earlier, so I don't buy that members of the BRF were so jealous that they began to set Meghan up. I'm assuming Megs found the tour super boring and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 455March 26, 2021 6:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 26, 2021 8:04 PM

So Meghan's half-sister is implying on Twitter today that Markus (Meghan's close friends who lives with H&M) and Meghan are an item and have been before Megs and Harry married.

by Anonymousreply 457March 26, 2021 8:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 26, 2021 8:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459March 26, 2021 8:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 26, 2021 8:32 PM

Quite the fixture, or perhaps, fixer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 26, 2021 8:35 PM

While I do question if Meghan's feelings for Harry are legit, this Markus seems more of a Mary if you get my drift.

by Anonymousreply 462March 26, 2021 9:03 PM

Handler?

by Anonymousreply 463March 26, 2021 9:25 PM

The rumors were always about these 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 26, 2021 9:29 PM

I always thought Markus Anderson was gay.

by Anonymousreply 465March 26, 2021 10:27 PM

She does call him "Lady A"

by Anonymousreply 466March 26, 2021 10:52 PM

Threesomes?

by Anonymousreply 467March 26, 2021 10:52 PM

"Supper clubs" lol.

Harry does get handsy with the guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 26, 2021 10:57 PM

Wowee, R468!!

by Anonymousreply 469March 26, 2021 11:38 PM

More info about the apology William and Catherine refused to give.

The Gruesome Twosome really are delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 26, 2021 11:42 PM

I just posted, R469, not the creator of the video, obv. But, wow is an understandable response to the idea that William and Catherine were to grovel to Meghan now publically.

by Anonymousreply 471March 26, 2021 11:45 PM

This take on post modernism and victimhood is an interesting quick take

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472March 26, 2021 11:47 PM

Wonder if it is true that Weinstein gave them $?

by Anonymousreply 473March 26, 2021 11:53 PM

Huh, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 27, 2021 12:17 AM

r474, They just mean they didn't expect to be fact checked and found to be inveterate liars.

by Anonymousreply 475March 27, 2021 1:41 AM

Word is that Oprah expected there to be lots of fallout for the Suxxes. But, she got what she wanted from the interview, as did Apple and Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 476March 27, 2021 1:43 AM

Their cluelessness is not for having skimped on hiring PR gurus for advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 27, 2021 1:49 AM

r476 What particular or kind of fallout was Oprah expecting?

by Anonymousreply 478March 27, 2021 2:13 AM

This company Harry just joined doesn't sound fishy at all:

"Only after my first session did I receive an SMS message. "Congrats, Laurence!" it said. "This is a tremendous milestone. The next step is to subscribe..." The price was eye-watering: $499 (£364) per month, reduced with a discount for my "early interest" to $249 per month until the end of 2021."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 27, 2021 2:15 AM

500 a MONTH?????!!!!

What are they offering, blow jobs?

by Anonymousreply 480March 27, 2021 2:20 AM

r480 I think you are overpricing blowjobs there also! As fantastic as they are to receive!! How much do you pay for them??!

by Anonymousreply 481March 27, 2021 2:27 AM

R479, paste the text, pretty pls? Paywall. I find that company quite curious and would love to know more.

by Anonymousreply 482March 27, 2021 3:35 AM

Oh weird - Pa Markle drove up to Montecito to hand deliver a letter to Oprah asking her to interview him for his side of the story.

He's just as fucking creepy as his daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 27, 2021 3:50 AM

R470 What do they want William to apologize for? That he was born first? That he backed the Queen up in her view that royals should not milk their titles for commercial opportunities? That he lost his mother too but found ways to deal with it and positively contribute to the UK? That he held a real job as Rescue Pilot and donated his salary to charity? That he's never worn Nazi paraphernalia or refered to his military colleagues as pakis? That he was smart enough to date his wife for years ensuring that she wasn't a narcissistic nut job who didn't really care for him and had a history of social climbing and dumping virtually every family member, partner, and friend she ever had? Or that he prepared his future wife for the demands of the role?

by Anonymousreply 484March 27, 2021 4:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 27, 2021 5:04 AM

Meghan must have been delighted to hear Dad was in town.

by Anonymousreply 486March 27, 2021 12:53 PM

r484 Excellent post.

by Anonymousreply 487March 27, 2021 1:30 PM

I will be surprised if Harry goes to the UK any time soon. I think SS floats these ideas. Like Doria spending Christmas with the Queen. Never happened.

Re: William apologizing, the idea is to cement that he is a racist and that Catherine bullied Megs.

by Anonymousreply 488March 27, 2021 1:40 PM

Stop typing sense r484. It upsets some here.

I would gather that Harry really doesn't want to travel back to the UK for any reason, but he'll do it for the Diana statue dedication. That's a major part of his brand, being her son. He's going to milk that to death in the US to continue to get mental health-related position and speaking engagements.

by Anonymousreply 489March 27, 2021 4:21 PM

Lady C is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 27, 2021 5:02 PM

Several articles with "sources close to H&M" basically saying they are not going to be setting foot in the UK any time soon. Allegedly they are "shocked" by the push back after the interview with Oprah. I honestly believe Harry would be booed if he attended any public events here.

by Anonymousreply 491March 27, 2021 5:54 PM

r491 Why the heck are they shocked?

by Anonymousreply 492March 27, 2021 6:12 PM

R491 There's no way in hell Megz is going to let Harry attend that event. Since she'll have likely just given birth, she wont be able to go herself and she'll like worry about his family getting their hands on him and deprogramming him.

by Anonymousreply 493March 27, 2021 6:17 PM

R493 types truth. Not gonna happen, wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 494March 27, 2021 7:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495March 28, 2021 1:08 AM

He will be booed loudly and endlessly. And endure more than a few sneers, ughs, and - dare I say - looks of disdain.

by Anonymousreply 496March 28, 2021 1:39 AM

Lady C (R490)!! What would I do without you???!!!

by Anonymousreply 497March 28, 2021 1:42 AM

It is clear where this is headed, huh, R495...

by Anonymousreply 498March 28, 2021 1:57 AM

R495 That producer guy looks funny in the picture - like Harry Ellis in “Die Hard.”

by Anonymousreply 499March 28, 2021 3:06 AM

The royals should sue Netflix over historical inaccuracies and using their likeness without permission just to piss H&M off.

by Anonymousreply 500March 28, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote]I honestly believe Harry would be booed if he attended any public events here.

Surely not at the unveiling of a memorial to his mother? Not even social media can have brought the British public that low.

Everywhere else he goes, sure. I'd be wearing a burka everywhere else I go if I were him.

by Anonymousreply 501March 28, 2021 10:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502March 28, 2021 1:12 PM

Also in R502's post, AJ Langer of "My So-Called Life," who married into the English aristocracy, says....something, I'm not sure what. Her story is as unlikely as Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 503March 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Meghan looks good in R502's post, btw. I think this was one of her best "royal" looks. Great earrings.

by Anonymousreply 504March 28, 2021 1:50 PM

R501 Given that Harry and Megs were loudly booed at several events (including a Military Memorial) during their final engagements before leaving the UK, I think he would be booed to and from the ceremony. The majority attitude here in the UK now is that Harry has betrayed his family and the country branding us all racists.

by Anonymousreply 505March 28, 2021 4:26 PM

Boos, yes.

Also signs - "Harry Go Away and take Her With You".

Or perhaps people will just en masse turn their backs to him.

by Anonymousreply 506March 28, 2021 4:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 28, 2021 4:40 PM

I don't like Piers Morgan, but this is free speech issue.

Thanks for the link, R507.

Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 508March 28, 2021 5:23 PM

R508 It's interesting because both Alex Beresford and Sheryl Underwood (on The Talk) couldn't identify anything racist in what Morgan said on air. So what we're basically getting into the territory where you have to base truth on the colour of someone's skin and not their character.

by Anonymousreply 509March 28, 2021 5:31 PM

Which is what this is all about, R509, no?

Unfortunately for the Harkles, it took only three or four days for them to destroy what little credibility they had left as their lies crumbled, one by one.

Two weeks later, Piers sounds a lot more believable than they do.

by Anonymousreply 510March 28, 2021 5:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 28, 2021 5:43 PM

Piers is unusual for a celebrity commentator these days. Sometimes I get absolutely furious at him. Other times I cheer for him. Very few public figures make me feel that way, usually it’s uniformly one way or the other. He’s not totally predictable which I think is healthy.

by Anonymousreply 512March 28, 2021 6:07 PM

R512 You're right. It's called "Having a mind of one's own" and something that seems increasingly rare these days.

by Anonymousreply 513March 28, 2021 6:13 PM

Critical thinking skills help too. Also not being a mindless woke zombie too afraid to speak the truth or go against the propaganda machine the media are forcing on us. You just go with whatever TPTB dictate you think, say, and feel and maybe you will be popular on Twitter! Yay! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 514March 28, 2021 6:20 PM

R512 You're right. I do find myself agreeing with him sometimes (with Meghan he's right on the nose I think) and other times I can't stand the sight of him.

by Anonymousreply 515March 28, 2021 6:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 28, 2021 9:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 28, 2021 9:43 PM

Thanks for the link, R517. That article is just scathing and well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 518March 28, 2021 11:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 28, 2021 11:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 29, 2021 12:35 AM

R519 I'm actually surprised the royals don't have spin-doctors already. Charles had previous hired one shortly after Diana died and within less than a decade he turned around his image and Camilla went from the most hated woman in the UK to the public being okay with their marrying. I'm not Charles' biggest fan, but I do feel bad for him. Things were finally lining up for him to take the throne over with a degree of respect when his mother dies, and now here we are nearing the finish line and his son just carpet bombed him.

by Anonymousreply 521March 29, 2021 3:05 AM

People appearntly want Prince Edward to take over as Patron of the National Theatre...a role that was gifted to Megs by the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 29, 2021 3:07 AM

Meghan has to be cackling into her Mirror, mirror over Piers getting canned, even tho it was collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 523March 29, 2021 3:47 AM

This development should be interesting, r521, because unlike last time he did this, when there was a genuine crisis of the Monarchy, right now Charles and the family are essentially doing very well. The Harkle attacks have made their popularity go up, not down. It's only a vocal minority on twitter and American chat shows who are pretending/hoping that something truly damaging has happened to the BRF. In reality, it has made the British populace rally round the family even more. To add a spin doctor what is in essence a time of strength will be interesting to see, because God knows that Charles can always use a little PR help - let's see if this can put him finally over the top into 'popular royal' territory. I think he'll be happy if it puts him into "He'll be a decent King" territory, a place he's been getting closer to with every passing year since he married Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 524March 29, 2021 4:22 AM

R523 I would if I were her, to be honest. But I'd also understand he's not really done.

by Anonymousreply 525March 29, 2021 4:27 AM

R523 I'm not fan of Morgan but he actually wasn't fired as he still works for ITV (his Life Stories series will continue). The Director responsible for Good Morning Britain asked him to apologize to Meghan on air. Morgan refused. The Director than said the one "possible" outcome would be his dismissal from program and so he quit. Several days later after the petitions online reached over 300K signatures, Morgan claims he was unofficially contacted by the Director about a possible return to the show when things had cooled down (perhaps in the summer)...he said no. He's going to make Meghan's life a living hell in anyway he can now.

by Anonymousreply 526March 29, 2021 4:36 AM

The thing about Piers Morgan, whom I really don't like, is that he took a 4th placed morning show and in under a year brought its ratings to number one - a slot that had only ever been occupied by the BBC morning show in the entire history of British television. Before Piers, even BBC radio 4's morning show had higher ratings than GMB.

He was their heavy-hitter, and they never would have let him go if they could possibly avoid it. He refused say he believed Meghan after ITV made him an ultimatum that he should, so he walked. It's very telling that the rest of ITV immediately made it very clear that they still wanted to produce his other show there.

by Anonymousreply 527March 29, 2021 4:40 AM

The problem with H&M is they've slapped back too much and now the tide is starting to turn and while right now the ripples are only occurring in the UK, it's starting to cross the Atlantic. Back in February when Meghan won her privacy case against the Mail after they published the letter she wrote to her father, the judge originally denied the Mail the chance of appeal. After the Oprah interview and the leaks through Gayle King the judge reversed that decision allowing the Mail to appeal. There is a very real possibility that this will end in court and former Kensington Palace staff members could be called to testify - back during the original case, many of Megs former staff were lawyering up because they expected to be called to testify. When Meghan was issued a Summary verdict in her favour, those employees then went to the Times and the bullying story came out from it.

by Anonymousreply 528March 29, 2021 5:11 AM

Catherine put out a personal tweet today about the photography book she's publishing connected to her Hold Still project. The book sold out in minutes on Amazon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 29, 2021 5:26 AM

If Oprah wasn’t willing to point out the discrepancies in Harry and Meghan’s testimony, surely it is beholden on royal reporters to question how the Duchess had managed to undertake four foreign holidays in the six months after her wedding, in addition to official tours to Italy, Canada, and Amsterdam, as well as embarking on a lengthy honeymoon, if she had ‘turned over’ her passport?

While no one would wish to undermine the extent of her mental health problems, could it really be true that she only left the house twice in four months when she managed to cram in 73 days’ worth of engagements, according to the Court Circular, in the 17 months between her wedding and the couple’s departure to Canada?

And what of the ‘racist’ headlines flashed up during the interview purporting to be from the British press, when more than a third were actually taken from independent blogs and the foreign media? The UK media abides by the Independent Press Standards Organisation’s Code of Conduct ‘to avoid prejudicial or pejorative reference to an individual’s race’, as well as by rigorous defamation laws. And rightly so – the British press doesn’t always get it right. But social media is the Wild West by comparison, publishing vile slurs on a daily basis with impunity.

Some therefore find it strange that such a litigious couple would claim to have been ‘silenced’ when they have made so many complaints, including resorting to legal action, over stories they claim not to have even read. There is something similarly contradictory about a couple accusing the tabloids of lacking self-reflection while refusing to take any blame at all – for anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530March 29, 2021 5:40 AM

The demise of the moonarchy may be the longterm agenda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 29, 2021 2:54 PM

monarchy

by Anonymousreply 532March 29, 2021 3:00 PM

Lawsuit on R531’s video maker incoming in 3...2....1...

by Anonymousreply 533March 29, 2021 3:17 PM

R530 I wish this wasn't behind a paywall because Camilla Tominey has been really good at breaking down the inconsistencies in the Harkles story during her TV appearances.

R529 Catherine is super classy. While most of the responses to her post were positive, I see some Harkles are on there attacking her. It makes me roll my eyes about H&M's calls for niceness when they've opened their family up to death threats and violence.

by Anonymousreply 534March 29, 2021 6:21 PM

Okay, so there's a rumour on Twitter than Meghan might right for the senate if Dianne Feinstein retires.

by Anonymousreply 535March 29, 2021 6:27 PM

R535 that should be "might run" for the senate

by Anonymousreply 536March 29, 2021 6:33 PM

Baahaha!! Megzilla as any kind of public servant is laughable. She has the attention span of a gnat. She should aim for a seat on The View or some other frau fest since we all know there will never be any more podcasts or any netflix shot. Work is hard!!

by Anonymousreply 537March 29, 2021 6:34 PM

Ugh, R535. Can’t land a job in real world, huh? I doubt MeAgain could be elected dog catcher. And she really wants to expose herself to deep background screening?

by Anonymousreply 538March 29, 2021 6:34 PM

R530 I loved "some therefore find it strange that such a litigious couple would claim to have been ‘silenced’ when they have made so many complaints, including resorting to legal action, over stories they claim not to have even read. " BTW Meghan still hasn't sued The Times over it's bullying claims.

by Anonymousreply 539March 29, 2021 6:58 PM

May her mucous plug get stuck sideways in her Suez Canal.

by Anonymousreply 540March 29, 2021 7:43 PM

I am beginning to wonder about the podcast. How many months ago was that teaser?

by Anonymousreply 541March 29, 2021 11:29 PM

r534 There's a thread on the Tominey article in which the article is posted in full

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 30, 2021 12:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 30, 2021 2:21 AM

he kind of a dimbo, R543.

by Anonymousreply 544March 30, 2021 2:41 AM

R543 Yeah this is totally a leak from Megs people. I honestly that given Megs is likely a narcissist, she can't stand the fact that Harry is still the more affable one. He is more popular and more well liked both in the UK and the US. To me this marriage is going to be like Charles and Diana but in opposites. Harry will remain the better liked one, while Megs will try to discredit him but public sympathy will be more with Harry than her.

by Anonymousreply 545March 30, 2021 3:07 AM

R541 I believe their podcast was delayed because the producer involved with it quit (surprise, surprise)

by Anonymousreply 546March 30, 2021 3:08 AM

r535 I bet her expectations about REAL life working in high end politics are about as realistic as her expectations were about life and work in the royal family. A self involved contradictory fantasy fairytale begging for a nasty encounter when it hits the brick wall of the reality.

Californian democrats would be incredibly stupid if they put her forward as their candidate.

by Anonymousreply 547March 30, 2021 3:11 AM

Meghan has a serious dise of magical thinking. The smugness of youth, er, early middle age.

by Anonymousreply 548March 30, 2021 3:35 AM

^dose

by Anonymousreply 549March 30, 2021 3:35 AM

I think "seriously astute" is a ridiculous way to describe someone who has alienated an entire country, and unnecessarily made enemies of some of the most powerful media entities in the English-speaking world in order to get a Netflix deal that pays max 2 million a year (to be shared with her husband) and an Oprah interview which has only proven her only to be a liar and a fantasist.

by Anonymousreply 550March 30, 2021 3:50 AM

You have a brilliant way with words r550 !! Spot on!

by Anonymousreply 551March 30, 2021 4:59 AM

Thank you, SA!

And you are one of the best - and nicest -posters on DL. I always love to read your comments.

by Anonymousreply 552March 30, 2021 5:11 AM

r552 Bless you! Many thanks you are too kind X Glad you approve and if youd said such a kind comparable comment to me in a pub or club I am sure I would have landed a delicious thank you kiss on your face by now!!

by Anonymousreply 553March 30, 2021 5:19 AM

Australia 60 Minutes did a balanced report on the fall out from Megs and Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554March 30, 2021 5:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 30, 2021 3:09 PM

Short cut please because I like Lady C but she does run on.

Who the hell was it?

by Anonymousreply 556March 30, 2021 3:14 PM

Lol, someone on Lipstick Alley said she watches Lady C at a faster speed.

by Anonymousreply 557March 30, 2021 3:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 30, 2021 3:22 PM

Lady C still talking, will post when/if she gets to the name.

by Anonymousreply 559March 30, 2021 3:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560March 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Continued: Anne thought that if there was a marriage and children, Meghan would not act with respect for the institution and family, in fact, she wanted to "shake it up."

Even all the shady/inconsistent behavior to seek further attention around the birth of the child proves her right. MeMe did not try to fit in and be a team player, her words and her actions were quite to the contrary. It did not have to do with race or even being an American, it was about MeMe, with her character, aims, etc. And the issues caused by her conduct would be problematic for any future kids too. Since they are isolated from family on both sides, that seems correct too.

"Genuine concern of a loving aunt"

by Anonymousreply 561March 30, 2021 3:53 PM

Meghan is awful and disruptiive. I think the family saw her being biracial as a plus given the Commonwealth countries. And concerns re: any future kids were quite warranted too.

by Anonymousreply 562March 30, 2021 3:54 PM

First: she’s hilarious… she said of Harry as his wife’s puppet: “And he’s so dumb that he’s actually swallowed that line.”

Also hilarious: ‘Amid Scabies… Funding Freedom and Finding Freebies’.

So she cleverly doles out a list of potential suspects like a murder mystery, as if they dislike MM they surely must be the beast who spoke this affront. So she names Edward and Sophie and Anne and Zara and Peter as varying degrees of unenthused.

The crux of her argument is that Markle has convinced the Dim of $u$$ex that every criticism of her is based in race.

Lady C argues she is revealing the alleged source of the remark before it is ‘weaponized’ by anyone else. She claims the assertion it was not an explicit conversation about children or colour but misinterpreted and in due course distorted.

She claims the Markle was seen as a ‘flagrant operator’, ‘the wrong sort of Amerian’, took the view she was ‘there to save them’ and various other ways of being entirely unsuited to royal life and would be trouble for the royal family and for any children born of the marriage. And that is supposed to be the basis of the claim to Orca. I think she assures the phrase was ‘wrong culture’ which was interpreted as ‘wrong colour.’

by Anonymousreply 563March 30, 2021 3:55 PM

I am a good deal more accomplished than Meghan, and I never would have DREAMED of entering that very intimidating environment (the Royal family.)

How Meghan— with her meager accomplishments— thought she could not only “measure up” but also CORRECT the Royal family is stunning.

Of course I have met women before who truly think their pussy is the key to any kingdom. But Megs isn’t that attractive, so I don’t know how she got the idea that she could fuck her way into any situation.

It’s truly odd.

by Anonymousreply 564March 30, 2021 4:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 30, 2021 4:10 PM

If Lady C's claims are true, I love Princess Anne even more.

by Anonymousreply 566March 30, 2021 4:18 PM

I've suspected for sometime that Lady C may sometimes be a conduit that people inside the RF use to get out the truth of things.

Lady C is very careful as to how she words things and takes great care in her phrasing to avoid giving anyone anything that can be used for litigation.

It would be easy to have her video reviewed by others before it appears to be sure that what is wanted to be conveyed is what is in reality conveyed.

What a great way to release this information so that it cannot be misconstrued or edited to changed what is said.

Given that Anne told a would be kidnapper (who had already shot people) who wanted her to get out of her car "Not Bloody Likely" - I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when her blistering comments were given to the rest of the RF. Particularly since (according to Lady C) both The Queen and Prince Charles had fallen for Sparkle's "charms". (Not William (of course) and Edward & Sophie either).)

by Anonymousreply 567March 30, 2021 4:38 PM

You could SEE Charles fall under her sway, even AFTER she had taken photos in a private area of his house. Fool.

I agree that Lady C is a friendly conduit, I do think she has sources.

by Anonymousreply 568March 30, 2021 5:03 PM

She seems very disordered in her thinking, R364.

by Anonymousreply 569March 30, 2021 5:09 PM

I keep forgetting she admitted herself she is vulnerable to significant mental illness. Seriously contemplating taking your own life and the life of your unborn child... that's hardcore.

Who knows of the things she believes what is real and what isn't?

by Anonymousreply 570March 30, 2021 5:15 PM

But do you think admitting she's got mental problems was true or a lie for sympathy that backfired? Because someday it could be used against her in court. She isn't famous for thinking things through.

by Anonymousreply 571March 30, 2021 5:16 PM

I LOVE PRINCESS ANNE!! Always have, and now even more. Harry, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 572March 30, 2021 5:29 PM

So Lady C is saying that Anne is the source of the "Archie's skin tone" comments? Is that correct.

by Anonymousreply 573March 30, 2021 5:34 PM

Is it Primetime? Has this thread been paywalled?

Either way, it's nice to read these posts without the insane interruptions of MeAgain's idiotic internet fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 574March 30, 2021 5:38 PM

Anne is amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 30, 2021 5:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 30, 2021 5:39 PM

I believe it's been paywalled r574. And it is refreshing to not have to deal with shrieking loons here, even if some of the saner, non-paying posters are locked out.

by Anonymousreply 577March 30, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote] So Lady C is saying that Anne is the source of the "Archie's skin tone" comments? Is that correct.

NO. That is not correct.

There was no comment about Archie's skin tone.

What there was was Anne's expressed belief (well founded obviously now) that Sparkle was totally unsuited to the life, that she had no understanding of or interest in the RF and what the family was about. There was no mention of skin tone at all.

by Anonymousreply 578March 30, 2021 5:42 PM

Princess Anne did NOT mention “skin tone,” R573. She DID mention to Harry her concerns about Meghan’s content of her character and her cultural background not being a fit for the royal family. . And she was SPOT ON for bringing it up because it has certainly turned out to be true. THAT is what dimbulb Harry then chose to misinterpret as racist. I am so disappointed with how Meghan Markle turned out to be. In America, got up early early to watch the wedding and was so excited about her and it all. Then the real Megan was exposed after the smoke cleared. Pure manipulative trash

by Anonymousreply 579March 30, 2021 5:43 PM

That's why I put it in quotes r578 ("Archie's skin tone"). To re-phrase, is she the Senior Royal who is supposed to have spoken of this to Harry, even if he mis-heard it. Lady C said she was going to mention a name.

I agree with everything said here re Anne and that she's a straight shooter, and that she isn't one to mince words or misspeak.

by Anonymousreply 580March 30, 2021 5:45 PM

She didn't misspeak. If Lady C is to be believed - and there's some factor if there - Anne believed from early on that Markle was wrong for royal life from early and said eventually said so, to Harry, using the phrase wrong culture, which Dim interpreted (or ultimately had interpreted for him) as wrong colour. Because Lady C also claims Markle has him believing everything that doesn't go according to plan is because of racism.

The reason I am inclined to credit it personally was Dim and Markle couldn't get their stories straight. Markle claimed multiple times and Dim very plainly said it was one awkward conversation. Your a lot like her father aunt calling you on your dumb choice of bride would definitely rank among awkward conversations.

by Anonymousreply 581March 30, 2021 5:56 PM

Meghan implied the convo was about the baby's skin color WHEN she was pregnant and implied that was why he was not given the title of "prince." Neither of those things is true. The letters patent from the early 1900s made children not born the line of succession not titled. He WILL be eligible for a title of Prince when/if Charles becomes King, unless additional letters patent are issued at that time.

For the purposes of the family biz, the Commonwealth etc, they invested a lot of resources and staff in helping MeAgain to be a successful part of the team and they likely would have been happier with a baby that did not look so white.

Prince Albert has a biracial child and had a mother who died in a car accident. He was an ideal person to send a msg to the Harkles. But, they doubled down after Michelle Obama who also gave them a clue, as all the experienced aides said, they do not listen to ANYONE.

by Anonymousreply 582March 30, 2021 6:03 PM

Link to the CNN vid that has been pulled down in the notes of this vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 30, 2021 6:16 PM

The thing that makes me think Lady C might be actually on to something is Princess Anne's turning 70 interview that I think landed in Vanity Fair.

Wherever it was she made quite a point about the merit of experience and how the younger generation came along proposing this and that and reinventing the wheel and that there was still some benefit to experience.

Add that Megantoinette and see what you get.

by Anonymousreply 584March 30, 2021 7:45 PM

And here's where "The Crown" TV show might actually affect public opinion. Fiction or no, audiences loved the no-nonsense yet decent "character" of Anne. If that character allegedly smelled bullshit from the get-go, the audience would likely believe her.

by Anonymousreply 585March 30, 2021 8:05 PM

And there we have it, the Archbishop on Canterbury confirms he did not marry Meghan and Harry before their public wedding. He also doesn't recall an actually ceremony in the back garden, rather he had a number of meetings with Meghan and Harry prior to their wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 30, 2021 8:24 PM

That interview just keeps going from strength to strength.

by Anonymousreply 587March 30, 2021 8:24 PM

R586 Quote from the article his here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588March 30, 2021 8:25 PM

[bold]Butt Kaaaaaaaaate's skirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!!!!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 589March 30, 2021 8:28 PM

Classiest response ever, R588.

by Anonymousreply 590March 30, 2021 10:59 PM

At R588 ...

That sound you heard was the Archbishop of Canterbury throwing Sparkle and Dim under the bus.

Splat.

by Anonymousreply 591March 30, 2021 11:05 PM

For people who are unfamiliar, The Archbishop of Canterbury is effectively the Pope of the international Anglican Communion. Thought technically the Queen is higher than him because she appoints him, but the Queen has no role in the Anglican Church beyond England I believe.

by Anonymousreply 592March 30, 2021 11:40 PM

New Thread - Part V.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593March 31, 2021 12:46 AM

The Archbishop doesn't throw her under the bus--he just says what everyone already knew and refused to discuss what happened at any other meeting with M&H. Romantic fans of the couple will take it as Meghan intended: the real, just-between-the-two-lovebirds with special, now-framed vows was a few days before in a backyard. Probably barefoot with flowers in her hair.

The Guardian's sub headline was quite harsh, considering their usual soft coverage of the pair: "Justin Welby appears to contradict assertion by Duchess of Sussex that she got married three days before royal wedding".

by Anonymousreply 594March 31, 2021 5:34 AM

Piers Morgan is loving this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595March 31, 2021 5:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!