Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recollections May Vary Part III: The Fury of a 1000 years

Britons loved "black" Meghan Markle at the time of the engagement.

Gosh.

What HAPPENED?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 21, 2021 4:12 PM

YouGov, 2017

"Older people, conservatives and women are most pleased by Prince Harry's engagement to Meghan Markle"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2021 12:58 PM

This whole even represents the weakness of intersectional politics -- the inability to separate what's intersected. The British elite have so many reasons to hate you: class, race, gender, profession, nationality, family history, accent, political leanings, schooling.

Meghan was doing fine until she because was too culturally American, her family was too trashy and wacky, her behavior too new age, actressy, and wokish. Then the usual class, nationality, history claws came out. Her mixed race probably helped her more than anything - kept them from really going in. (Let's face it, her race is one of the more positively interesting aspects of who she is.)

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2021 1:04 PM

The trashiest people in the world, I suppose, would get to judge who is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2021 1:06 PM

Damn, that Twitter post of the Cambridge kids making Mother's Day cards for their dead Granny Diana is some weapons-grade clapback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2021 1:12 PM

The British people only openly hate ONE people: The Americans.

Excepting Americans of Color, who fall under the umbrella of their fake PC-kindness. Name me the American of Color who has ever been derided by the Brits since the late 1980's. American grifter and race-baiter Bonnie Greer was made an OBE, ffs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2021 1:14 PM

Oh, and look - Bonnie Greer decided to marry a white man.

Are Black men not good enough for her?

Hmmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2021 1:34 PM

Bonnie Greer has chosen to live in a society with, as she claims, much "casual racism".

Puzzling as why she did not go to live in the paradise of any one of the many African countries? And why she married one of The Enemy White Man?

Odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2021 1:39 PM

Black men are not good enough for our Black Goddess, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2021 1:43 PM

10 months ago the Aussies were reporting on her being called "Duchess Difficult" at Admiralty House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2021 2:07 PM

The House of Special Purpose may be have to be revved up for reuse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2021 2:13 PM

R10, what drives such intense hatred for someone you'll never know in person, that you would hope for their fucking EXECUTION?

What the fuck is WRONG with you?

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2021 2:27 PM

I was talking about Buck House in my Special Purpose post, but you are obviously under 75 IQ, r11, so I'll excuse you.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2021 2:43 PM

^^^^ For now....

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Meghan is someone who judges people based on their race.

Meghan is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2021 2:55 PM

I'll admit I had Meghan all wrong at the start. When she first joined the royal family, I thought she would become very grand, posh accent, more royal than the royals in the traditional sense.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2021 2:59 PM

R15. Same here. I was dead wrong about her. I truly thought she would out-Kate Kate herself and play a longer game.

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2021 3:05 PM

She seems quite incapable of that, R16. This week as another example.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2021 3:07 PM

Why is no one asking how I feel?

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2021 3:14 PM

r18 The entire family is desperately worried about you except for the two famewhore ingrates who have been trying to use your illness as a way to extort money from your wife and eldest son, Phil.

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2021 3:25 PM

Eh, money is not gonna transfer itself, eh, R19? Gotta stike at the vulnerable points if you are Megsy.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2021 3:50 PM

No it will NOT, r20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2021 4:02 PM

What happened, OP? Megan got FFed. With any luck, you will too.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2021 4:02 PM

You must be wearing Meghan's bullying face ,r21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2021 4:05 PM

She really let the mask slip there. Was pretty bullying to the waiter, too. Story was she had not been invited to the wedding but crashed it.

Remember the odd photos from the Invictus Games in Toronto? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2021 4:13 PM

Come on, we can’t judge by still photos. Eddie Murphy did a funny routine about how the supermarket tabloids splash the most unflattering facial expressions on their covers, completely out of context.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2021 4:19 PM

I suspect that the stills do not misrepresent, after all this is someone who is said to engage in screaming and throwing hot liquids on underlings. Video of such incidents may come out. But, cling to your romanticism about plucky humanitarian Megs if you need to.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2021 4:23 PM

From a recent piece re: our darling duo

"Both Meghan and Harry speak a kind of woke-corporate communications language that is smooth and calming but also slippery and opaque. You can never quite get your hands around the thought as you grab for meaning

They spoke a great deal about their pain — it is a subject that animates them — but they also seemed to wield that pain as a weapon in a way that left you wondering if pain is really the word for what they experienced, as opposed to anger followed by cool desire for revenge."

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2021 4:25 PM

Opinions changed about Meghan because people began to see her true self. That happens all the time in life.

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2021 4:31 PM

Despite wanting Harry to have a decent marriage, I knew there would be trouble because that wedding dress fit so terribly. And Markle looks terrible in hats because they are off scale and emphasize her every which way eyes. They both turned out to be damn fools.

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2021 4:36 PM

“But, cling to your romanticism about plucky humanitarian Megs if you need to.”

My, that’s quite a leap from my perfectly reasonable observation that one can’t really judge from still photographs.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2021 4:41 PM

We have more context than just that one still photo.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2021 4:42 PM

R31 not of that private event, we don’t.

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2021 4:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2021 4:44 PM

I was shocked at how terrible Meghan looked on her wedding day. Terrible dress, makeup, and hair. She actually looked disheveled and ill.

She had become so thin, her features were all sunken like someone suffering a long illness.

I didn’t really have an opinion of her before that (though the Vanity Fair article was tacky.)

But I got bad vibes from the wedding. The ceremony itself was also shambolic.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2021 4:46 PM

She looks delightful here.

Crashed a wedding after Hazbean tried to take a "break."

He looks almost as uncomfortable as he did in the Orca chat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2021 4:49 PM

R32, see R35.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2021 4:50 PM

R4 That cannot be their handwriting..... Effective weapon, none the less...

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2021 4:50 PM

R31 there are a series from that event. First she is hanging on Haz' arm clearly berating the Black waiter, above. There are several more views of the other pic, which m show a woman talking closely to Haz, who is dead drunk. Markle is furious in all tbe snaps.

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2021 4:51 PM

R36 And? Feel free to explain exactly what’s going on in this photo, based on eyewitness accounts.

Look, I hate what Harry and Meghan are doing but let’s not be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Today is Mother's Day in England and the Cambridge children made Kate a cake. Swipe for a young Kate and her Mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2021 4:55 PM

Eugenie posted a photo of her baby August and her mother Sarah. It's Euge's first Mother's Day. I love daffodils!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2021 4:56 PM

There are many stories about the DoS, the photos shed light on her behavior as well. They had decreed no cell phones at the Inskip wedding when she appeared, so she may have felt her actions would not come to light.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2021 4:56 PM

Just stop with the photo interpretation stuff. That’s tumblrfrau crap. There’s enough in the interview to dissect and critique.

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2021 4:58 PM

She looks VERY coked up in those Inskip wedding photos.

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2021 4:59 PM

Those nasty Brits are just as racist as Americans, they just hide it better. Where else did Americans get their racism from anyway? The rotten teeth Brits! They were the best teachers.

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2021 5:06 PM

R40, did you see the first comment asking why they didn't post about Meghan, because she's a mother, too? People looking for trouble everywhere. Kate Sussex posts about herself, her mother, and her husband's mother, and Megstans demand attention be paid to Kate's in-laws as well.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Fuck off, R43. Like Megs, you do not get to control other people or their posts.

Anyone seeing images from the wedding she crashed would not be surprised by the staff mistreatment stories out of Oz or the UK. There are a lot of data points besides the interview. Meghan punches down quite a bit, to waiters, to valued longtime Palace staff, and when particularly pissed is said to throw hot beverages in their face.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2021 5:30 PM

R37, I believe that is the children's handwriting. That is how handwriting is taught in primary school in the UK and most children their age are able to write to the same level as those cards.

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2021 5:35 PM

R47 You're right, I don't get to control. By all means keep posting your fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2021 5:44 PM

I'll try to find some more photos for you, R49. I like visuals, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2021 5:45 PM

R50 Phhft whatever.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2021 5:46 PM

Does this sound a bit, erm, shady to anyone else? They came across as quite financially pressed by their own account. Seems curious...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2021 5:46 PM

That's a ploy to make money, r52. They'll help throw up a few relief centers for the poor, then be first in line to apply for permits to re-develop part of the island for luxury eco-resorts that will cater to their wealthy pals.

Nothing says humanitarianism like resting away property rights, displacing poor indigenous peoples and hiring them at low-paying jobs.

See we can all 'infer' things when it comes to these two.

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2021 5:58 PM

The Mothers Day tweet with the drawings for "Granny Diana" was a stroke of GENIUS on KP's part. Bravo, well done and perfectly executed. Take that Megs. Let's see her top that.

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2021 5:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2021 6:26 PM

That's [italic]wresting[/italic], r53.

Otherwise, completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2021 6:29 PM

Funny, I do not think that "humanitarian" work was highlighted on Oprah. Best not to give it too much scrutiny? Sounds like a scheme for Andy or Hunter tbh.

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2021 6:41 PM

I would not be at all surprised if a crayoned pic by Archie is posted today, lol. KP has some good PR, I do not recall something like this before. Louis must really be growing up, wholt thing was masterful.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2021 6:42 PM

Hmmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2021 6:45 PM

Camilla's nephew runs yougov polling. So that nullifies the neutrality aspect. They also prescreen people polled and pay them. That's three major flags. Would you trust a polling firm that has a relative of the family you are currently scrapping with, who prescreens pollers therefore selecting pollers in essence and who then pays them.

by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2021 6:46 PM

Harry can't let the Cambridges get all of the attention. He has to have the last word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2021 6:47 PM

Maybe some desperately needed "assistance" like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2021 6:47 PM

Lots of little details that look accurate in retrospect. Oz was where classy Harry repeatedly and jokingly asked if the child was his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 14, 2021 6:50 PM

If any of this is true hope the photos and vids leak. They did not radiate happiness on Oprah. Screaming fights were reported in Australia and the UK. Narcs like their drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Does she still have ties to Burkle? It was rumored that Markus is staying with them while the Soho Houses are closed do to cv, so still a tie through him.

The house seems like such a bad financial move if they are indeed pressed for $. Why not rent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2021 7:17 PM

This is a different body language vid. Interesting watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2021 7:27 PM

Someone on the prior thread linked to the from Berkshire to Buckingham blog, which has recently upgraded to a new site. Very much worth a read if you follow the modern-day BRF.

Her post-Oprah interview dissection piece is lengthy but excellent. She hits every point, with facts clearly spelled out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2021 10:01 PM

I think they could have carefully eased their way into a life outside of “the Firm.” I’m not sure all these dramatics are necessary.

They remind me of people who wait until their job is an absolute crisis situation before they resign. At that point, it’s hard to leave without bad feelings.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2021 10:05 PM

They live for the dramatics, R68. Narc and borderlines are all about chaos. People's behavoir makes perfect sense if they have different goals than you do. Harry wants to muddy up his bro. Megsy may want to bring it all down so she can rule as Queen of Hearts or some such. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2021 10:27 PM

R11 There is NOTHING wrong with planning the death of a hated royal. NOTHING!

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2021 10:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2021 10:34 PM

Charles' fatal flaw is that he wants to be understood and appreciated. That led to his disastrous interview back in the day where he revealed the infidelity with Camilla--that misstep dogged him for years. Rebutting Meghan and Harry point-for-point would have just made matters worse. Good thing cooler heads stepped in and left the rebuttals to the press.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2021 10:37 PM

I recall there was a story at the start of this saga that Prince Charles warned Harry about Meghan that when you marry someone dramatic, the drama never ends.

It certainly has been ongoing.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2021 11:14 PM

Has this been discussed?

The idea of inert, lazy Harry, in an earlier time mounting a military challenge to the House of Windsor is hilarious. Harry knows how to complain and not much more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 15, 2021 12:26 AM

R72, I agree, I think that's perceptive.

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2021 1:05 AM

Harry combines the WORST of both of his parents.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2021 1:06 AM

Read some headline today about how Trump proclaimed that Megs was, "Bad News".

by Anonymousreply 77March 15, 2021 1:17 AM

Megs stole ALL the news from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2021 1:18 AM

I wish Harry a lotta luck. He's gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2021 1:26 AM

Meghan’s half brother Thomas just gave an interview about the interview. Claims Meghan isn’t telling the truth, that she wanted their dad is disavow her siblings Thomas and Samantha in order to attend the wedding, that the whole thing seemed scripted, and he finds her claims of not getting mental health care from the BRF not credible.

by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2021 1:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2021 2:35 AM

I was surprised Meghan mentioned her dad at all during the Oprah interview.

Also, the whole “we were denied medical care” claim seems weird. Why wouldn’t she just discuss it with her own doctor? If her doctor thought it necessary to refer her for additional care, I can’t imagine the Firm would have been involved.

Also, it seems that the “Archie’s skin color” remarks were relayed to Megs by Harry. If so, he’s a fire starter and the dumbest fucker on the planet. I can’t begin to tell you how many inappropriate comments my family has made over the years... I would never repeat them.

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2021 2:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2021 4:13 AM

Thank you, R67, that was great.

A point she left out, which would have fitted with what she does say about the "child's skin" comment, is that Meghan also lied about when that comment occurred and in relation to what. She said, as the article states, that it was about Archie and occurred during her pregnancy. She did say she didn't hear it, Harry did.

But when Harry arrived and Oprah asked him about it, he said it happened before they were married, and was in reference to "their kids" - ie theoretical future children, NOT Archie. My best guess is that Harry was whingeing to someone (most likely William) about how mean the press was being to Meghan because she's black, and the other person said, "How will you deal with all this if your children are darker than she is?" Since it turned out he couldn't deal even though this didn't happen, it wouldn't have been an unfair question.

Interesting point about R71's link is that Charles wanted to do X but "the Royal Family decided to do Y". It says explicitly that the Queen wanted to do Y, but it does strongly suggest that Prince William sided with her, and that together they form the BRF. It could just be the press being mischievous putting it that way, of course.

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2021 4:19 AM

Very interesting R67, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2021 10:19 AM

your welcome, r84/r85.

r84 I also took that away re the BRF decisions last week. The media made it out that TQ wanted to hold back with a more conservative approach, but Charles was more proactive (a position I sort of share btw). They didn't mention William, and I figured he must have sided with TQ if her approach is the one they went with. The BRF these days is nothing but a group effort, between the main three players: TQ, Charles and William.

Very interesting take on the skin color comments. That's exactly the sort of discussion that most people believe took place, but can't defend because it was left so wide open to interpretation as two what was exactly said, by both H&M. And you're correct, since Harry is the one who relayed the statements and actually participated in the conversation/s, his timeline is the one that matters.

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2021 10:27 AM

"Family of Army officer called Paki by Prince Harry 'say Royal Family isn't racist'"

Oprah completely failed to mention Pakigate and the "Raghead" affair. She isn't worthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2021 11:01 AM

"'Stop using the word woke!' Piers Morgan told to rein in comments on freedom of speech"

He is also told to stop playing the victim. How many victims are there in this saga?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2021 11:07 AM

I fear the end result of this along with other forms of current extreme groupthink is going to be a swing back to the obnoxious Trumpy autocrats in the US in 2022. They are seizing on all of this 'cancel culture' and building a platform on it, many middle-of-the-road and moderate people are turned off and even scared by the total rejection of critical thinking or fact-checking in favor of emotionally-based rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2021 11:08 AM

This made me laugh this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2021 12:42 PM

Yes that bird-shit dress has attracted a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2021 12:58 PM

He called Doria "raghead"?

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2021 1:03 PM

I saw polls quoted today that say since The Interview, the popularity of both Meghan and Harry has significantly increased in the US, but significantly dived in the UK. Harry is now registering below 50% approval in the UK for the first time since he walked behind that casket. Someone mentioned that young people in the UK were more in favour than older ones, but I didn't see the stats on that.

The popularity of the other Royals doesn't seem to have been affected in the UK, but there's been a lot of sympathy for the Queen along the lines of "why should she have to put up with this shit at 94 and with her husband in hospital?" Harry may well have said she is not personally the problem, but it's the monarchy and the country she has worked her whole life to uphold that they've tried to terminally disparage.

How would you feel if you'd done a job utterly conscientiously for 69 years, and your nearest and dearest said it was only because you were "trapped"?

by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote] I saw polls quoted today

Would is suffocate you to link R93?

by Anonymousreply 94March 15, 2021 1:15 PM

R91, deliberately. Mimicked dress and hairstyle of Wallace Simpson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 15, 2021 1:20 PM

That's scary R95.

by Anonymousreply 96March 15, 2021 1:23 PM

She does it a lot, R96. Wearing his dead mother's perfume on their first date is creepy AF as well. So is training the tot to shout "drive safe" repeatedly around someone who lost his mother in a car accident as a child. It is like something Hitchcock would have come up with.

She always moves on, which may yet save Dim. Hard to imagine who would have her now, but, this world is a strange place. For all of HazBean's fulminating about money, he will have much bigger problems when she drains him dry and then goes for half of the leftover crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2021 1:29 PM

It was on TV, R94, and I'm not in the US.

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2021 2:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 15, 2021 4:21 PM

WTF? From the R99 article:

[quote]Rev Tiffer Robinson, a Church of England vicar in Suffolk, wrote on Twitter: 'She's entitled to consider it her marriage if she wants to. Americans are much less concerned with the specifics of marriage law than English clergy.'

?? Where is "Tiffer" getting this? I have news for him or her: Americans care as much about the legality of their marriages as anyone else. What an ignorant Megstan defense!

by Anonymousreply 100March 15, 2021 5:05 PM

She opened her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 101March 15, 2021 6:32 PM

R100, all of this is hilarious. We're trash in their eyes, and she's definitive proof. Thanks a lot, Meg.

by Anonymousreply 102March 15, 2021 6:54 PM

What happens when someone refuses to divorce? If Meghan filed for divorce and Harry said he didn't want to divorce, does she still get half his kingdom? What happens in that situation?

by Anonymousreply 103March 15, 2021 7:08 PM

They get divorced just like any other couple r103. As they now live in CA, the rules of that state would probably apply.

Not sure if the laws of the UK would mean anything, as they were married there. It's doubtful - someone with more knowledge I'm sure will weigh in and correct me.

by Anonymousreply 104March 15, 2021 7:21 PM

Today the monitored trolls on the Meghan Markle Unpopular thread on Lipstick Alley have done a complete 180. Now Archie isn't an ugly white boy who unfortunately has Meghan's ethnic nose etc. He is cute. An amalgamation of both Harry and Meghan. Innocent etc. Should be left out of gossip. Why the turn around. Really scary comments about Archie. Qanon and Magats are incensed by UK media articles with 'Meghan is running for President' themes. Now Archie is being groomed to run for president. According to the whack jobs. It's even become a Qanon conspiracy theory. It's different when you target children. Very different.

by Anonymousreply 105March 15, 2021 7:25 PM

R103, good question. I recall hearing things like “she won’t ever give him a divorce” or “he’s refusing to sign the divorce papers”. Big Edie refused to acknowledge the “Mexican divorce” Phelan Beale presented to her. Maybe a judge can grant one unilaterally?

by Anonymousreply 106March 15, 2021 7:27 PM

It has trolls trying to scrub their previous comments when they were trolling Archie. All monitored threads get archived. So a waste of time. They are panicking. Something is about to bust wide open.

by Anonymousreply 107March 15, 2021 7:29 PM

R105, but nobody should be targeting the kids. If asked, I’d say that Archie is quite homely. But, as my mother would say, “it’s not his fault. Maybe he’s cute on the inside”.

by Anonymousreply 108March 15, 2021 7:29 PM

Harry's only a step on her ladder, now that she knows she's not getting everything she thought she deserved. As it is, she put Harry in a situation where he had to say he didn't help her when she was suicidal. She will use this against him in the future.

by Anonymousreply 109March 15, 2021 7:30 PM

Parts of this do seem to fit but he is even less functional than she is....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 15, 2021 7:40 PM

Perhaps SHE could be framed as the female white knight? Or they are 2 damaged, narcissistic borderlines using one another...

by Anonymousreply 111March 15, 2021 7:41 PM

r106 I believe a divorce can eventually be granted unilaterally. You can't keep someone married to you.

r105 - r107 please take your meds and stop bringing over your crazy conspiracy theories. No one outside of Sunshine Sachs gives a rats ass about what we post here or elsewhere about the royals.

by Anonymousreply 112March 15, 2021 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 15, 2021 7:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 15, 2021 8:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 15, 2021 9:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 15, 2021 10:12 PM

r112- I've known a fair amount of people who were refused a divorce by their other half and were in limbo for years, before the other half relented.

by Anonymousreply 117March 15, 2021 11:09 PM

r52 I hope the UK media sets some good investigative journalists onto that.

by Anonymousreply 118March 15, 2021 11:58 PM

The UK Media will never stop harassing Meghan now.

by Anonymousreply 119March 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Oprah interviews where you share 'your truth' aren't the best way to get privacy or to get the media to leave you alone. I think they actually want the publicity. They need to keep people talking about them while they role out some content.

by Anonymousreply 120March 16, 2021 1:15 AM

I can't wait until she tries to run for the presidency while claiming she wants privacy and telling off the press because negative coverage makes her suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2021 1:18 AM

R121, ask Thomas Eagleton how the electorate feels about depression.

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2021 1:21 AM

If you don't vote for her, are you automatically racist?

Will the news people have to ask her how she is before asking her about her (LOL) policies?

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2021 1:21 AM

R109, yup.

Been burned by one of these cases? I can’t believe more people don’t recognize her MO.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2021 2:21 AM

Where I live you don't need someone's permission to divorce them. It only takes one party to initiate the action. However there are only a few reasons you can file for divorce under. The uncontested way takes a set period of time (i.e., you must wait 12 months from date of separation to file, then wait for divorce to be granted by a judge).

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2021 2:21 AM

I’ve tried “watching” this thread but it doesn’t ever appear in my “watched” list. Please keep the word “vary” in the title so I can keep finding it.

Meghan is already throwing her husband under the bus. He’s not going to be king, he’s not getting any more money, he’s TOAST.

by Anonymousreply 126March 16, 2021 2:26 AM

r126 sounds like you share my instinct that their netflix and spotify projects will likely flounder or at least not set them up for life ? They will lose their novelty in hollywood soon enough and be pretty irrelevant there say 5 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2021 2:31 AM

They have ONE interesting story, and it's the story they've already told. All of these Netflix projects sound dull as hell. People are coming out of a pandemic: they want something fun, entertaining. They don't want to be preached at.

by Anonymousreply 128March 16, 2021 2:33 AM

r128 If we both understand that why did these big media companies Spotify and Netflix not realise this ? Maybe they did and the contracts are more watertight and less generous than the hype reported but the hype does annoy me.There are many talented and creative , decent artists creative folk out there who have been overlooked whilst these two get lucrative sounding contracts.It must irk them and understandable so. Podcasting and uplifting or lifestyle new age etc type podcasts are very much in abundance so I suspect they will find the competition quite hard more so than they expected.

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2021 2:40 AM

I agree, R129. My guess is that Netflix really wants a reality show with Harry and Meghan and are willing to pony up big bucks to get it. A deal for a 'personal peek' into the Sussexes' lives has GOT to be part of this deal, whether they admit it right now or not. It's literally their only marketable idea.

by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2021 2:48 AM

r130 Maybe but how long would that be interesting and popular for? That would have huge implications for their ability to control the media narrative around them and ability to maintain privacy? Netflix may want this but would it have been specifically mentioned in the contract?

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2021 2:56 AM

Memba this?

In 2018, the Sun reported that several of Meghan's former friends from school remember her crying during Diana's funeral, and how she became obsessed with Dians to the point that one of the friends' mother gave Meghan a copy of the Andrew Morton book. Another friend says that Meghan became obsessed with Didan's legacy of charity and that as a result of her obsession, Meghan and the friend started volunteering at soup kitchens.

Together with Meghan's Tig post on Kate's wedding, I suspect that when she told Oprah that she "had never googled" the BRF wasn't just a lie, but a whopping great lie that was meant to hide her Single White Female like stalking of Diana's memory, and later, of Diana's son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2021 3:06 AM

^^^^ To avoid confusion, apparently these claims come from Andrew Morton's book on Meghan, and one of the anecdotes in his recent book refers to Meghan being given Morton's own earlier book on Diana.

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2021 3:11 AM

R126 He was never going to be King. Succession to the Monarchy is neither a popularity contest nor a reality program. It’s both as simple and a little more complex than that.

I assume that you know that but it beggars belief that so many of Sparkles’ followers don’t.

by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2021 3:22 AM

R131, remember that Netflix rarely has a show lasting more than 3-4 seasons, so if the Harry and Meghan show petered out after a few years, Netflix would be no doubt be fine with that. It WOULD kill Harry and Meghan's narrative about wanting privacy, but they lie all the time anyway and their followers don't seem to care. They lied throughout the Oprah interview and people are still defending them.

Meghan would see the Harry and Meghan show as her stepping stone to bigger things. It goes against every value Harry was raised with, but he does what she tells him so he'd do it.

by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2021 3:31 AM

I really can’t figure her out. She seems smart enough, but I watch that video of her as a kid (the infamous dish washing liquid interview) and she seems very slow. Like the kind of slow that can’t possibly turn into an intelligent adult. She’s an odd one.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2021 4:11 AM

She turned into entitled cunt Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2021 4:29 AM

If Meghan were truly smart, she would have understood her great good fortune in snagging Harry and done her best to fit into the BRF. She'd have been set for life.

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2021 4:31 AM

One of the only truly intelligent discussions of the interview and it's potential ramifications that I've seen yet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 16, 2021 4:47 AM

^^^ Allow me to 'oh dear' myself: its, not it's

by Anonymousreply 140March 16, 2021 5:00 AM

Very interesting (and classy response) from Michelle Obama. Isn't taking sides (it's known the Obamas are very fond of the Queen) and kind of (In a very gentle way) slaps them for attacking the royal family so publicly encouraging them to make up with the royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 16, 2021 5:45 AM

R141 Michelle Obama is a fucking class act! What I do find interesting is while she is not taking sides there does seem to be a little bit of a slap on the wrist directed at Harry and Meghan particularly at this line:

"Public service, it's a bright, sharp, hot spotlight, and most people don't understand it, and nor should they," Obama said. "The thing that I always keep in mind is that none of this is about us in public service. It's about the people that we serve."

by Anonymousreply 142March 16, 2021 5:59 AM

And Mrs. Obama emphasized the importance of family...oooooh I'll bet Megsy is seething.

by Anonymousreply 143March 16, 2021 6:10 AM

[quote] I saw polls quoted today that say since The Interview, the popularity of both Meghan and Harry has significantly increased in the US,

And that was purpose. Higher popularity in the US can command more $$$$$ for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 144March 16, 2021 6:21 AM

R144 Yup! This interview was targeted towards an American audience not a British one. MM wants to become President...........

by Anonymousreply 145March 16, 2021 6:25 AM

Now that's an interesting turn of events. Michelle Obama very much not going with the American "poor, mental-health services-denied Meghan and bad racist BRF" instant narrative. Her emphasis on family and the above quote about public service puts a pin in the US hype bubble that was created by the interview. She has known the BRF and Meghan for a longer time (unlike most of the people who got worked up by the interview).

I wonder what kind of opinion Michelle formed of Meghan, who seemed to be trying to follow in her footsteps (despite her only achievement being having married up) and her silly "lunch with Michelle" piece in UK Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 146March 16, 2021 6:26 AM

The Obamas were widely reported to have loved the Queen and the feeling was very much reciprocated, by all accounts.

by Anonymousreply 147March 16, 2021 6:31 AM

From one of the other threads:

Michelle Obama knows exactly what a user Sparkle is.

The following events:

1. Early on (whether before or after wedding, I don't remember) Sparkle shows up backstage when MO is in London and the media reports it as a "meeting".

2. Sparkle does the guest editor thing with Vogue and later states that she and MO shared their thoughts over breakfast. This was a lie because Sparkle was in the UK and MO is not. Later Sparkle claims it was all a mistake.

3. At the time of Megxit, reports came out the MO was advising the Sussex during this period.

4. MO, being an intelligent woman who undoubtedly understood what Sparkle was early on, came back with a great response refuting the claims and stating that she had met Sparkle only once when she (Sparkle) had "popped in" (MO's phrase) backstage at MO's London event and these tales were untrue. But, MO continued that she had met with the Cambridges about something. (Sorry, I can't find the exact statement. Can someone else find it?)

No way is MO falling for any of Sparkle's bullshit or her pr bullshit.

I burst out laughing at the "popped in" phrase - means that Sparkle just showed up and MO did not invite or expect her. Sparkle crashed the event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 16, 2021 6:35 AM

Thank you, R139, for that link.

Very good discussion.

Pretty depressing, though. I came away from it with a very sad feeling about Harry. And the Queen.

Wreckage left by a venal, destructive, back stabbing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 149March 16, 2021 6:41 AM

Yes I agree it is a good discussion, r149. Peter Whittle puts together a lot of good discussions on that channel - lots of hot topics, but without any of the hyperbole we've unfortunately come to expect from everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 150March 16, 2021 7:08 AM

Michelle Obama just ended Meghan Markle's hopes to run for the Presidency.

In the nicest way possible, of course, but make no mistake - it's over now.

by Anonymousreply 151March 16, 2021 8:12 AM

Meghan thinks she's so smart. In reality, she's only smart for an actress.

by Anonymousreply 152March 16, 2021 8:18 AM

This Michelle vs Meghan thing may just be another example of dark skin black resentment against light skin blacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 16, 2021 8:24 AM

R153- Well, her her husband, who is light skinned and biracial as well, just said the Queen is one of his favorite people! He said he loves her wonderful dry sense of humor. Awe, so sweet of him. So sad that a political career ends before it can begin. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 154March 16, 2021 8:50 AM

You think savvy people, such as the Obamas, are going to give even the slightest of their starlight to that little guttersnipe?

Why should they?

Only stupid Beyonce was willing to do that:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 16, 2021 9:46 AM

The BRF needs to hire whomever it was who got Heather Mills to utterly disappear from public view.

by Anonymousreply 156March 16, 2021 10:03 AM

[quote] The Obamas were widely reported to have loved the Queen and the feeling was very much reciprocated, by all accounts.

True dat. Michelle, as a private citizen, has stayed in at least one of the Royal Palaces as a personal guest of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 157March 16, 2021 10:31 AM

R132, the pic of the whore the one where they walked out and told the world about their engagement, she looked so fake!!

And I thought it was funny that the religious dude said the whore didn't understand them, that they were merely having a conversation in the garden or somewhere... basically saying she's a stupid cunt in a nice way lol

by Anonymousreply 158March 16, 2021 10:58 AM

Time for your daily preemptive 'But Kate's skirt!'

Please resume your regular discussion.

by Anonymousreply 159March 16, 2021 12:15 PM

I can't help but wonder if Michelle's statement about family reconciliation was crafted with Gayle's assertion that "Meghan has receipts" in mind. It really has the tenor of "girl, don't go there." I wonder how Meghan received the message. I'm sure that she said it with Thomas Markle in mind.

by Anonymousreply 160March 16, 2021 12:48 PM

Michelle's statement sends a strong message, one the royal family must be very happy about. Your move, Oprah. Although I see Oprah is letting Gayle do the talking about the Sussexes, at least for now.

by Anonymousreply 161March 16, 2021 1:09 PM

Yes, Gayle, Oprah's clean up bitch.

by Anonymousreply 162March 16, 2021 1:15 PM

R132 is clearly a racist because he mentioned Single White Female in relation to me. I am a proud Person of Color kind of stalker.

by Anonymousreply 163March 16, 2021 1:57 PM

SUE HER! Go on Oprah and shame the bitch to hell! Don't worry, Gayle got your back! Do it.

by Anonymousreply 164March 16, 2021 2:11 PM

Gayle King has reported that Harry has talked to William and Charles. The talks were NOT productive.

by Anonymousreply 165March 16, 2021 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 16, 2021 3:09 PM

The Harkles are leaking conversations with Will and Charles??? They have proven time and time again that they can't be trusted. Really bad form.

by Anonymousreply 167March 16, 2021 3:14 PM

There never will be any healing or understanding with her around. She will not allow it. It is Harry saying whatever she tells him to, which are probably a round of the same demands we heard on the OW interview. She will bleed them all like a vampires. When not a drop of blood is left, she will find a new victim. That is what she does. One day, especially now with two children and middle age, she will be left with nothing and no one, I bet you not even her children will want to have anything to do with her. Unlike most dark triads, she has shown the world just exactly what she is. It will very difficult for her to find new victims because of that. She is a very stupid women. That interview will haunt her forever.

by Anonymousreply 168March 16, 2021 3:16 PM

If I were a Netflix or Spotify executive(s) in charge of dealing with the Harkles, I'd be pretty nervous about now and wondering what I've written in an e-mail to her and be mindful of how I communicate. I imagine they value confidentiality and discretion about business matters just as much if not more than the BRF. Her "leakiness" and litigious nature should be huge red flags.

by Anonymousreply 169March 16, 2021 3:25 PM

I had to look up dark triad. I thought it was about vampirism, not psychology.

by Anonymousreply 170March 16, 2021 3:26 PM

This is all getting very fucking stupid. Total farce, clowns and fools.

by Anonymousreply 171March 16, 2021 3:30 PM

r167 Really stupid short termist behaviour. Frankly it also shows up Gayle King to be a pretty unethical and disgusting person too.

by Anonymousreply 172March 16, 2021 3:30 PM

But she munches a mean carpet!

by Anonymousreply 173March 16, 2021 3:31 PM

@R170- lol! I read about DT's when Former became our tormenter. Markle fits it , just like he did. Dark souls. They can not be redeemed.

by Anonymousreply 174March 16, 2021 3:32 PM

A meme on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 16, 2021 3:37 PM

R175....😂

by Anonymousreply 176March 16, 2021 3:40 PM

H and Megs are having Gayle do their dirty work. They want MONEY to shut up. They want STATUS without having to put in any actual work for it. And they want the BRF to GROVEL and publicly beg them to come back because they are going broke, miserable and have no real options other than going back on the Royal dole.

Megan as president, really?? What policy does she have to talk about? What does she know about the constitution or the law? States laws? SCOTUS process? She couldn't even hack the work as a lower their royal and blamed her failures and unhappiness on racism and her in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 177March 16, 2021 3:41 PM

I truly think Meghan is insane, dangerous to everyone around her. Neither one of them seem to live in reality.

by Anonymousreply 178March 16, 2021 3:44 PM

*Lower tier

Sorry, I've had enough of "entertainers" as presidents. I would say that about the ones I like, too. No more people who aren't qualified for the damn job!

Fuck off, Megan.

by Anonymousreply 179March 16, 2021 3:45 PM

"The couple has DEMANDED that the Royal speak out against the racist press".

WTF? Who the fuck do these two clowns think they are?

by Anonymousreply 180March 16, 2021 3:46 PM

It all seems like some sort of manic phase.

by Anonymousreply 181March 16, 2021 3:54 PM

That picture of Meghan in the other thread could be on a poster for a horror movie. Clinched fist, claw-like, expression of evil on her face. Hell, even her foot looks like a fucking twisted, demonic hoof. Seriously, I am not kidding. It is frightening. That bitch is satanic looking.

by Anonymousreply 182March 16, 2021 4:00 PM

R182 - Link please.

by Anonymousreply 183March 16, 2021 4:02 PM

R182- trying, there are soooo many to search, lol

by Anonymousreply 184March 16, 2021 4:06 PM

This isn't the one, I just found this one. Ray if sunshine, she is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2021 4:20 PM

She really has the crazy on FULL display now.

by Anonymousreply 186March 16, 2021 4:22 PM

Who wouldn't want to wake up to this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2021 4:25 PM

Man, I feel sorry for the spawn, especially the girl they're going to have.

This was years ago, when Meghz got engaged, a work associate that I've worked under, who worked with her early in her career, said, "She always knew what she wanted, and got it."

Canny girl, but can't see the big picture through her victim-tinged glasses.

by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Surely Gayle King is intelligent enough to realise that the UK is a democracy and the Queen cannot just tell the British press what they can publish or even just condemn anything that is in the papers that she doesn't like?

by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2021 4:31 PM

They let the press shit all over every other member of the BRF, R189, because that's how they do and gave always done but they're a sniveling pack of #Racists for not standing up for Megs! She doesn't have the title nor has she put in the time but SHE GETS WHAT SHE WANTS, ya hear?

by Anonymousreply 190March 16, 2021 4:51 PM

Rough night? 😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 16, 2021 4:57 PM

R188, she's like Trump in that they both- at the same time in history- scored the biggest triumph of modern life, which neither was ready, capable or suited for and really just lucked into because of lax cultural barriers to entry. But they both feel invincible because of it.

They both should have held themselves back instead of failing spectacularly. In a way, they are victims of their own confidence.

by Anonymousreply 192March 16, 2021 5:09 PM

This☝️

by Anonymousreply 193March 16, 2021 5:17 PM

R191 looks like a cross between Minnie Driver and Esther the Maid on Y&R.

This cannot by any definition be considered a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 194March 16, 2021 5:26 PM

As I said on a previous thread, this will not end well for the Mountbatten-Windsors.

If Gayle King is speaking out on H&M's side, then Oprah is probably not amused with the lilly-white side of the family either.

And Oprah and Gayle come with David Geffen and other powerful minions.

I'm getting my popcorn to watch this episode of the royal sopa opera!

by Anonymousreply 195March 16, 2021 5:32 PM

R194- Can you imagine when she has no more botex money? 🙀

by Anonymousreply 196March 16, 2021 5:32 PM

Pshaw r195, who's dragging Geffen into it? He's the biggest power whore in Western Civilization, he's NOT going up against the BRF for anyone or any reason lol. Plus he's nearly 100 years old himself, and his power ranking isn't anywhere near where it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 197March 16, 2021 5:38 PM

Lovely photo of Zara Tindall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 16, 2021 5:47 PM

I was originally team H&M but this is becoming clear that they want a fight purely for the sake of having a fight and it's actually going to hurt them in the long run. The more they do this in public, the more people will grow tired of them, particularly in the UK. ANd if the UK public get pissed off enough, the Royals will be pressured into removing their titles. Speaking of which, does Meghan know she'd have to give up her titles if she wants to run for President?

by Anonymousreply 199March 16, 2021 6:13 PM

Michelle Obama's "public service is not about us...." is 100% a swipe at Meghan and Harry. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 200March 16, 2021 6:18 PM

Michelle Obama weighs in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 16, 2021 6:19 PM

Why can't they STOP LEAKING to Oprah and her mouthpiece, Gayle? Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Leak, leak, leak. Didn't they want their 'privacy'? Thank god the British people see through this charade.

It's just a shakedown, the whole thing. They aren't "scared" or "upset". They want attention and cash. The statement by Gayle today, "they just want the Royal Family to stop the press from printing harmful, racist stories about Harry and Meghan". What CRAP - the BRF doesn't control the UK media or press! They'd never have bad press on any of them if that were the case. H&M know this full well. It's all extortion.

It's all nonsense and people are getting wise. The question is, when are the BRF going to take some action? I know Meghan is pregnant and they may feel they need to wait until post-birth, lest they look cruel to a pregnant woman. But if the Sussexes keep up this shit at this crazy rate, retribution will be coming.

by Anonymousreply 202March 16, 2021 6:19 PM

it's all about clicks and magazine sales

Meghan was painted as the villain; Kate, the heroine.

Two heroines? Bo-ring.

They're ALL the same; I'll bet anything Meghan and Harry sign off -- or don't block -- a version of the Crown telling their story.

"We had no direct involvement in it. But we are partners with Netflix and we trust their vision to be fair."

by Anonymousreply 203March 16, 2021 6:22 PM

sign off *on*

by Anonymousreply 204March 16, 2021 6:34 PM

Side note, Prince Philip has left hospital.

by Anonymousreply 205March 16, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]The question is, when are the BRF going to take some action?

They have taken action by opening up the investigation into Meghan's bullying. Also, I'm guessing, by not giving in to the Sussexes' shakedown attempt. With dysfunctional people like Meghan and Harry, a dramatic response to them will just cause more drama. Refusing to engage lowers the temperature and keeps them from controlling the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 206March 16, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]Why can't they STOP LEAKING to Oprah and her mouthpiece, Gayle?

Because they've got nothing else to say. Nothing. This is who they really are, this is all they've got to offer.

by Anonymousreply 207March 16, 2021 9:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 16, 2021 9:22 PM

Meghan Markle is so thirsty...

by Anonymousreply 209March 16, 2021 9:46 PM

Leah Michelle just cast as Meghan Markle!

by Anonymousreply 210March 16, 2021 9:48 PM

Suing the press for publishing a private letter then leaking other people's emails and letters isn't a good look.

by Anonymousreply 211March 16, 2021 9:53 PM

R208, I believe that was in response to the end of the 1 year period.

They must REALLY need $, although what they are doing is probably the worst way to try to get it.

Reality tv cannot be ruled out. They are toxic and radioactive, there will be none to few speaking invitaitons or interest in working with them. MO and the Queen both tried to lower the temperature but they seem to be delusional or unable to change in response.

by Anonymousreply 212March 16, 2021 9:54 PM

R211, she claimed in that litigation that she had no older emails, that they auto deleted after 30 days. That litigation is still ongoing. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 213March 16, 2021 9:55 PM

They must be panicking.

I think the Royal Family should just cut them off. Make it known and then never talk about them again. Harry can always come back, but for the sake of the monarchy they need to draw a line between these two camps, because the Sussexes will never stop. The only way to contain them is to wall them off, make them embittered loons, talking to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 214March 16, 2021 9:57 PM

They'll have to go reality to keep the Netflix deal going. Once they do that, the Royal sheen is well and truly gone. They'll officially be Wallis and David 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 215March 16, 2021 10:02 PM

They'll be far less than Wallis and David. They already are.

What a shame. What a sham. What a scam.

by Anonymousreply 216March 16, 2021 10:04 PM

How can Wills/Charles/QE ever try to have discussion with them if they are going to go Thomas Markle and spew it to Gayle King as soon as they hang up? This is supposedly why Pops Markle got ghosted.

I think H and MM are scared. Through fake "CBS Journalist" Gayle, they're pretending today that their only race issue was wanting the RF to defend them against the "racist media." Gayle informs us they're teddibly dismayed that this has become a discussion about racism in the RF. That is a flat-out lie. MM made the racist smear about the family directly to O and the world on global television, and Harry concurred or went along. For them to be trying to blur that over now, they must realize they went too far. The RF probably can't strip the titles at the moment, but they must hold the line and not give an inch on this extortion. It is reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 217March 16, 2021 10:10 PM

The speed of it all is jaw dropping. It was only a few years ago that Harry was proud to offer our Megs "the family she never had." Their wedding was in spring 2018, so not even 3 full years ago. They are exhausting.

They will be shunned socially and in business. Michelle Obama and the Queen gave CLEAR signals but they just can't seem to stip or even dial it back. This is what personality disorders look like. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 218March 16, 2021 10:13 PM

They brought up the possibility of racism in the BRF when they told the 'skin color' story about Archie. It boggles belief that they think people would forget about that so soon. It and the' suicidal thoughts' were the main stories that came out of the interview, with a side dish of 'Kate-made-me-cry.'

Princess Diana realized within a couple of months that Panorama was a huge mistake. It's only taken a couple of weeks for the Sussexes to realize that Oprah was, but the news cycle does move so much more quickly these days. They lost whatever bargaining position they had due to loyalty or fear of scandal once they gave that interview. They've proven they have no loyalty, and the scandal is out there. They have no leverage at all except the threat of more revelations, and those won't have the same impact assuming anyone even credits them.

They're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 219March 16, 2021 10:19 PM

Meghan works on an accelerated timeline: Dating 2016, engaged 2017, married 2018, first baby 2019, leaving the BRF 2020, BRF scandal AND second baby in 2021. All that is left is separation in 2022 and divorce in 2023. I suppose she'll then try for 'strong single mother' in 2024, but it's unlikely anybody will give much of a damn at that point.

Harry will be back in England, shattered and penitent, by his 40th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 220March 16, 2021 10:21 PM

Will Harry and Meghan's House of Woke 'fade into obscurity'? | SpectatorTV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 16, 2021 10:26 PM

R220, you really think it will go on that long?

Their mantra was therapy then they dropped the sucide story w/o any sensitivity toward the viewer, discussion of treatment, resources on the screen, etc. Very irresponsible by all 3. Whole thing is a farce. And it sounds like they are tiptoeig toward money laundering as an income source. Nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 16, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]And it sounds like they are tiptoeig toward money laundering as an income source. Nice.

Which one of you bitches is going to write to Harry when he's in prison?

by Anonymousreply 223March 16, 2021 10:33 PM

She doesn’t have a personality disorder, she’s too in control. I used to think she was borderline but not anymore. Just from comparing her to actual borderline patients of mine. But she could be, who knows. More likely she’s a spectacularly horrible person. If I had to diagnose her with one it’d be narcissistic personality disorder. BPDs usually have history of mood swings, self harm, and self-destructive or impulsive behavior, often enough to land in inpatient care. Meghan, like Trump (fucking idiocy aside) is too in control to fit the mold.

They’re quickly losing goodwill after the interview, nobody like people who leak private interactions with family member, especially when it veiled with threats.

by Anonymousreply 224March 16, 2021 10:37 PM

Hope the Palace does not get into a tit for tat posture, would be very undignified and pointless, as she will just lie about more things. NO ONE wants to see that.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 16, 2021 10:37 PM

She's a textbook narcissist who got lucky with her timing. If she'd tried all this five years ago or five years from now it wouldn't have had the impact, but she came along during a particularly fraught period for race relations. She has and will continue to play the race card, as it's really all she's got to justify her behavior. But given Michelle Obama's reaction, I don't think the entire African American community is going to support her. Especially as she continues to throw such public tantrums.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 16, 2021 10:40 PM

If I were them, I'd be bummed out about the Michelle Obama comments, to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 227March 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Especially since there is no response they can make to her comments. Michelle's words were carefully chosen and can't be easily twisted. If they did try to come for Michelle, the very liberal audiences they are trying to reach would turn on them. They have to just suck it up and take it. It shows you how little the Susssexes have to say for themselves when they can't play the race card.

by Anonymousreply 228March 16, 2021 11:08 PM

She is a Dark Triad, just like Trump. They are sadistic people. Pychopathic. Vengeful, thin-skinned megalomaniacal. The absolute most poisonous and dangerous people. Very abusive. Well, there are many here much more intelligent than me, I have just read a lot about psychology because I became fascinated with these types when I became a true crime addict at 13. I felt compelled to figure out what made people evil. Nature vs nurture, DNA? Then came Trump and I started reading about the DT's ( dark triads) when Lee Bandy published their warning about Trump. But I have to be honest, I have NEVER seen such as her. It is morbidly fascinating to witness, and I just watch stunned at the damage she has done and so very quickly. She was relentlessly determined to become rich and famous. Then when she finally, remarkably, achieved the fucking lottery of a hundred lifetimes, she has scorched earth everything she schemed for in a stunning amount of time. Why?! My mouth literally drops open sometimes at her total self destruction. It is mind boggling trying to comprehend it all. Never seen this before

by Anonymousreply 229March 16, 2021 11:10 PM

Haha, all these divas throwing their weight around is very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 230March 16, 2021 11:12 PM

Narcissist and sociopath. Not bpd. Basically, she is Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Epstein but her aim is fame and $$ at this point, not serial killing or pedophilia and human trafficking.

by Anonymousreply 231March 16, 2021 11:13 PM

So is Archewell evolving into a production company? Why should anyone donate to their production company?

by Anonymousreply 232March 16, 2021 11:14 PM

For Meghan to go after a WOC with eight years of actual service to the US in an ground breaking role with an Ivy League law degree would be absolutely suicidal. Somewhere here commented that actual WOC who worked their way to the top with intelligence, class, grace, and high education probably do not want to be compared to someone like Meghan. It would be an insult. Good for Michelle Obama. The Obama's were embraced by the Queen, Cambridges, and Harry. The fact that the Queen participated in that fun promo with Harry and the Obamas speaks volumes of their admiration. The Queen doesn't fun and games for anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 16, 2021 11:20 PM

Since MO didn't lick Megs' shitter is she a racist, too? How does that work, Megstans?

by Anonymousreply 234March 16, 2021 11:27 PM

Meghan and Harry are like the bad sequel that we never asked for. A week after their interview which they said was the last word on the family squabble, they leak private interactions with family members. Family members they claim to want to have better relationships with. They keep coming back to the public spotlight after saying, no really we mean it this time, we want privacy. It’s like those bad sequels of Friday the 13th with each one more heinous than the previous, and none of us wanting to see them.

by Anonymousreply 235March 16, 2021 11:31 PM

Michelle Obama is trying to pass as white! In Kate's skirts!

by Anonymousreply 236March 16, 2021 11:32 PM

R229, and even after what Obama said, they continue to act out today. Just astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 237March 16, 2021 11:50 PM

R231, Epstein ran a honeypot for blackmail, they have certain similarities.

by Anonymousreply 238March 16, 2021 11:52 PM

What will this do to their "kindness" and "mental health" based brands, one wonders?

by Anonymousreply 239March 16, 2021 11:55 PM

I think the only things Harry has every really enjoyed is his undercover time in the military and his Invictus games. I think he felt proud of himself and as though he had accomplished something. Other than those two events, he has just always seemed like a wounded, lost puppy.

by Anonymousreply 240March 16, 2021 11:58 PM

Someone in the RF wondering about Merchie's color? That"s so last week! Today the "only thing they wanted" is for the BRF to "make the media stop" printing bad things about Sparkles. No mention about suicide either -- that apparently all went away when she stepped upon Canadian soil. All better now, idyllic relaly. A fairy tale.

by Anonymousreply 241March 17, 2021 12:06 AM

Harry hightailed it away from his family because he was tired of being irrelevant and second fiddle.

And where is he now? Taking a backseat again.

It’s too rich.

by Anonymousreply 242March 17, 2021 12:45 AM

He’s talking about his father and brother being “trapped”.

Well, isn’t he just the epitome of freedom?

by Anonymousreply 243March 17, 2021 12:46 AM

And all he wants from them is money, money, money and titles, titles, titles. Charles has been surprisingly generous, he is said to be tight.

by Anonymousreply 244March 17, 2021 1:12 AM

Anyone else get a Tanya Harding vibe from sweet Megs?

by Anonymousreply 245March 17, 2021 2:09 AM

Chatting with Lady C: Meghan & Harry's mental health, The Queen's role, ideal race relations

The fact that they did not stop even after what MO said suggests mental health issues more than just being brats, perhaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 17, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote]R234 Since MO didn't...

Who is “MO”?

by Anonymousreply 247March 17, 2021 2:46 AM

Michelle Obama

by Anonymousreply 248March 17, 2021 3:01 AM

LCC does some useful contextualizing about how the monarchy and RF work re: representing the Queen, not stepping on planned messages by other Royals, etc. in vid at R246. She also has an informed take on narcissism having had a family member who was a narcissist. This was more focused than she sometimes is.

by Anonymousreply 249March 17, 2021 3:09 AM

I admit to laughing out loud when Meghan said she loves rescuing thing. The bitch abandoned her rescue dog, Bogart a 7 year old golden lab, in Vancouver because he was "too old."

Also apparently they've hired Sunshine Sachs to do their PR. Same company that represented Harvey Weinstein during his trial.

by Anonymousreply 250March 17, 2021 4:10 AM

I think it's clear that the end game for Meghan was always America in some capacity. I remember back during the wedding that Megs (behind the back of the Palace allegedly) made arrangements for CBS to have a camera in St. George's Chapel along side the British feed (which pissed the British Media off) and that the wedding was pushed back an hour from the tradition 11:00 am time to noon so that it would be broadcast in the US during the breakfast shows.

by Anonymousreply 251March 17, 2021 4:44 AM

This is a good analysis of the interview from four DM columnists:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 17, 2021 4:59 AM

As someone upthread mentioned, it's amazing that they dropped the "pregnant and suicidal" bombshell so casually. These days it's standard practice to accompany any talk of suicide with information on how to get help. Instead, it was treated as a dramatic plot twist and confirmation of how bad she had it in England.

I wonder if the claim will be completely dropped now, or later used in some Archewell campaign.

by Anonymousreply 253March 17, 2021 6:03 AM

What's the big deal with Harry and Meghan's thirst?

Sarah Ferguson wrote a tell-all in the 1990s after her divorce. She then went on to slam the courtiers on Oprah and Ruby Wax, and we've subsequently learned of her part in "selling access" to Randy Andy The Paedophile.

Princess Diana collaborated in her biography with Andrew Morton and was conned into an interview on the BBC.

Then there's Randy Andy himself who used his royal status to screw very young females (allegedly against their will) and based his lame business adventures on his connection to Buckingham Palace ("Pitch @ Palace" - sounds pathetic).

Then there's Charles, the next King of England, who has had paedo friends like Jimmy Savile and that Anglican Archbishop. He also collaborated in his own biography (with Jonathan Dimbelby and did his own tell-all interview (in which he trashed his own parents).

Harry and Meg are not doing anything that the royals have not done before.

by Anonymousreply 254March 17, 2021 6:38 AM

What surprised me was how many holes were in their interview. Eg, I would have asked, "Since you were pregnant, couldn't you have discussed your mental state with your doctor?" I would have just shrugged at the alleged querying about the potential colour of future children's skin, saying, "Some people are just like that." It has been pointed out that a lot of stuff gets said in families. Mixed race or Indian families certain discuss skin colour. The other thing is, how can these people present themselves as experts on mental health, when their own is so fragile? Why would we trust them on anything, for that matter?

I maintain that this interview was just a preview of what they could and would reveal if their veiled extortion threats are not met. The BRF are far from squeaky clean, what with Andrew, things like the Panama Papers, William's affair(s), residual public anger about Diana's treatment and death, and more.

by Anonymousreply 255March 17, 2021 6:42 AM

I agree, r255. It's obviously a shakedown attempt.

by Anonymousreply 256March 17, 2021 10:11 AM

CDAN is saying that the Montecito house was entirely paid for by Charles.

by Anonymousreply 257March 17, 2021 10:16 AM

[quote]Markle wouldn’t reveal which members of the royal family raised concerns about her son’s appearance as it “would be very damaging to them.”

Also because no-one did. Harry said clearly it was a question about hypothetical "children", asked before he married her.

My guess is that by the time she was pregnant with Archie, they were so over the Harkles that nobody gave a shit about what the kid would be like.

by Anonymousreply 258March 17, 2021 12:33 PM

They took no responsibility for anything that's ever happened to them. NONE, not a whiff in the entire two-hour sit down. Amazing that no one in the US media has really called them out for this, because it was the most startling feature of the whole show imo. Shows you how far the 'culture wars' have influenced the mainstream in this country, even since Trump's departure.

by Anonymousreply 259March 17, 2021 1:30 PM

how can there be trust when "discussions" with the Royal family is leaked every time they talk? "unproductive" etc?

they are not sincere or ernest at all. All they want is to take, take, take and suck them dry, use them up. Royal family should never give in to them, they will always be trashed in any interview etc. nothing is ever good enough for these 2 ungrateful cunts.

by Anonymousreply 260March 17, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]R257 CDAN is saying that the Montecito house was entirely paid for by Charles.

Well good. It’s a start.

by Anonymousreply 261March 17, 2021 2:31 PM

CDAN unfortunately isn't very reliable and is agenda-laden. However I wouldn't be surprised if Charles did in fact contribute to the down payment on that estate, or was sending Harry sums of money post-Sussexit.

by Anonymousreply 262March 17, 2021 2:37 PM

I doubt Charles paid for the tacky mansion. Harry dipped into his dead mother money and is now butt hurt about it. Rich, entitled fucks hate to spend their own money if they could have other people foot their bills.

by Anonymousreply 263March 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Meg and Harry both very transparent when they lie. Both in body language and actual words. These guys analyze their body language and thumbs down on the Sussexes being genuine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 17, 2021 3:02 PM

Zara is expecting, shame Archie and little Ariel Diana Oprah will not grow up with their cousins. Those relationships were obviously important to William and Harry and can offset the damage done by a narc parent.

by Anonymousreply 265March 17, 2021 3:43 PM

Funny how this did not seem to come up during that lengthy interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 17, 2021 4:10 PM

That interview..Oprah's a joke. With all her billions, she cannot shut her pie hole. She's the size of a house. And she is a spokesperson for Weight Watchers?

by Anonymousreply 267March 17, 2021 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Lady Colin Campbell made a really good point in her latest video. Oprah had dove all in with Meghan and Harry and sacrifice journalist integrity because she's desperate for relevance. Why? Well since the Trump era Oprah has lost a significant portion of her audience (the white fraus). She is now trying to appeal to the WOKE and BLM crowds in a bid to try and increase her fortunes. In the last few years Oprah has had to close her magazine, sell off most of her ownership in OWN, her 2019 tour under performed, and her deal with Apple TV is on the verge of breaking down because she hasn't produced anything for them.

by Anonymousreply 269March 17, 2021 4:31 PM

Anyone hitching their wagon to the Sussexes' star must be either insane or desperate.

by Anonymousreply 270March 17, 2021 4:35 PM

Anyone heard about this? Apparently there is a video of Meghan going ape shit on Charlotte (filmed by a security guard) and a Canadian media organization is now in possession of it?

by Anonymousreply 271March 17, 2021 4:37 PM

It would not surprise me, R271, remember the family photos where Camilla inseted herself between Meghan and Charlotte? (Much like Anne did between Meghan and the Queen if anyone remembers that vid.)

by Anonymousreply 272March 17, 2021 4:45 PM

@R267..... They film the lying cow from the face up. You can still tell she is the size of a fucking trailer by her fat face. I have never liked her. She is why we lost the Phil Donahue Show. 🐮

by Anonymousreply 273March 17, 2021 4:51 PM

If that's true, little Charlotte is just RACIST for not doing exactly what Megan wanted, when Megan told her to, R270. Little Charlotte should be thankful to have been around such a powerful, loving, delicate, selfless, innocent, lady like Megan FOR ONCE. Obviously, her inherent racism kept her from inquiring how Megs was feeling.

The Queen of ❤s was only setting her straight, I'm sure!

by Anonymousreply 274March 17, 2021 4:51 PM

R274-☝️😂

by Anonymousreply 275March 17, 2021 4:53 PM

God help their spawn if she is too ugly, too pretty, or impaired in some way. Kids need empathy and neither of the Gruesome Twosome seems to posess any. Willaim and Harry had stable long term caregivers, the Harkle kids do not even have that.

by Anonymousreply 276March 17, 2021 5:20 PM

R276- She will not share a photo opt with Archie, too afraid he will take one second of attention away from her. She will damage a daughter beyond repair, competing with her. When her daughter becomes a teen, MM will hate her for her youth. I dread it for that poor child, I really do.

by Anonymousreply 277March 17, 2021 5:23 PM

r274's post unfortunately will not be parody if things continue down the road they're heading. Everyone and everything will be declared 'racist' and we'll have to call it a day.

If words are thrown around and over-used to the point that they no longer have meaning or intended effect, the feelings and details they are meant to engender will no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 278March 17, 2021 5:45 PM

r268 if Schofield is now changing his tune, the tide is turning. That's a turning point there, one of many to come certainly.

Overreaching is never a recipe for success in one's endeavors.

by Anonymousreply 279March 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Teachable Moment: The question we should all be asking Meghan Markle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 17, 2021 5:53 PM

The BRF needs to face the fact that "the jig is up".

by Anonymousreply 281March 17, 2021 5:59 PM

R268, very hard to disagree with him, unless that is their goal, of course.

A rival court based in celebrity and in [perhaps manipulated] social media may have been the aim all along.

by Anonymousreply 282March 17, 2021 6:01 PM

Mirror royal editor Russell Mysrs today predicted that Meghan will release her diaries charting her time at Kensington Palace - or agree to a tell-all doc on Netflix - 'if they don't get their own way'.

Really, that or a reality series are the cards they have left to play before divorce, no?

by Anonymousreply 283March 17, 2021 6:06 PM

R281, I think it is the Gruesome Twosome who will be facing that realization.

by Anonymousreply 284March 17, 2021 6:07 PM

Here's the quote R283 mentioned above:

[quote]Mirror royal editor Russell Mysrs today predicted that Meghan will release her diaries charting her time at Kensington Palace - or agree to a tell-all doc on Netflix - 'if they don't get their own way'. He said: 'They've already pressed the nuclear button by going on Oprah, haven't they? this has been long rumoured Meghan had this lifestyle blog the Tig before she was a royal which was very popular 'And she is known to have kept a diary during her time within in the royal family this would be bombshell stuff if she was to go and release it, I've already said that if they don't get their way if they're not satisfied with the conversations taking place in house. 'Then it could be a situation where they will be releasing diaries, releasing a tell-all documentary on Netflix nothing is off-limits at the moment and we're talking about every twist and turn at the moment'.

How the fuck could anybody see this as anything but blackmail? It's nakedly transparent that if they don't get money, titles for their kids, and their pick of Royal duties, they are going to keep trying to poison the well. If I were the BRF, I would release every single thing I have on both Meghan and Harry. There's no point trying to deal kindly or rationally with these two. They will ALWAYS stab you in the back.

by Anonymousreply 285March 17, 2021 6:13 PM

If she does so r283, she'll become a complete pariah. No one will ever trust here again, personally or in business. Plus, she opens herself up to potential lawsuits.

It's like they are both suicidal, if not literally then figuratively. What happened to building a shiny new life in CA, hobnobbing with the wealthy LA-Hollywood elite?

by Anonymousreply 286March 17, 2021 6:13 PM

Why am I beginning to think that, despite protestations to the opposite, the BRF privately signaled to H&M that their titles - including the dukedom - are set to go. What else could be pushing H&M into the frenzy of rage and recrimination they're currently wallowing in? I can't think of anything else that would be so central or important to them and their futures.

by Anonymousreply 287March 17, 2021 6:15 PM

The RF should just drop the titles, release all those held by NDAs, spill all the beans, release all the videos, and let it rip.

Do it now.

Sparkle (and Dim) will NEVER be satisfied. Will never stop. Ever.

So, just end it now, while the Queen is still alive and at the height of her popularity.

Add a statement that sadly the RF have concluded that there is no evidence that private conversations will remain private which makes it impossible to continue trying to maintain a private familiar relationship. We wish Harry and Meghan (the former Duke and Duchess of Sussex) and their children a happy, fulfilling life in California since it seems clear to everyone that such a life was not what they found here.

by Anonymousreply 288March 17, 2021 6:21 PM

That and Harry claimed the bank of Dad cut him off, R287. Titles to merch and cash were the themes of the interview.

I see the rage and recrimination, at their age, surely, there should be some reflection as well. God help those kids with these unstable vindictive narcs as parents. They have been isolated from family and even from friends such as the Mulrohneys that they left baby Archie with.

by Anonymousreply 289March 17, 2021 6:21 PM

R285 - The only thing the Sussexes want is for the Daily Mail and other British tabloids to cease & desist writing smear stories about them containing half baked lies & plain out-right falsehoods leaked by Kensington Palace and Clearance House.

by Anonymousreply 290March 17, 2021 6:32 PM

^^Sure Juan

by Anonymousreply 291March 17, 2021 6:33 PM

If that's the case, R285, they should have focused on just the media during the Oprah interview. They didn't do that. They threw Charles, William, and Kate all under the bus, painting them as cold, vindictive racists. Meghan was clearly incensed about the titles, Harry clearly enraged over the money. It's funny that now that the blowback is starting, they're trying to walk it back and say that it was all about the mean old UK media. But that's not what they said during the interview, and anyone with half a brain can see that.

by Anonymousreply 292March 17, 2021 6:37 PM

R15, She has never been able to play a long game. All they would have to do is play along for a couple of years. The Queen most likely would have passed and Charles would be in charge. So stupid and shortsighted.

by Anonymousreply 293March 17, 2021 6:39 PM

Now they’re even trying to walk back from this. Remember when Meghan’s friends told news outlets that she wasn’t going to postpone it because Phillip was hospitalized? Now they’re trying to paint themselves as compassionate when it would’ve been bad optics if Phillip croaked before the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 17, 2021 6:48 PM

I wonder if they've heard that Philip IS dying, and they're trying to get out in front of the story?

by Anonymousreply 295March 17, 2021 6:49 PM

Gayle is basically acting as their spokesperson now.

by Anonymousreply 296March 17, 2021 6:49 PM

R283 & R285 Here is Russell talking about this on Lorraine today. Btw ....because this is DL, what do we know about Russell...he's kind of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 17, 2021 6:49 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298March 17, 2021 6:52 PM

^^^ The Independent getting some words in on the Kate/Meghan crying story:

[quote]“From what I hear, there are different versions of the bridesmaid story, not just the one Meghan discussed,” Nicholls told OK Magazine. “Kate felt it was all sorted, so to have it brought up again was mortifying. Kate is not in a position to respond and Meghan and Harry know that.”

by Anonymousreply 299March 17, 2021 6:52 PM

Prior to the interview, most of the stories about Meghan and Harry over the past six months have come from them: The miscarriage article in the NYT, the Remembrance Day shenanigans at the LA graveyard, Meghan's legal victory against the tabs. Without the Oprah thing, there wouldn't be a ton of stories about them in the UK press (or anywhere else) at all. Everything was calming down until they stirred it all back up again.

by Anonymousreply 300March 17, 2021 6:55 PM

They had better reign this in before they are charged with blackmail. I truly believe anyone else would have been charged by now. Man! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

by Anonymousreply 301March 17, 2021 7:03 PM

You can't even buy groceries without being reminded of their unfortunate blackmail attempt - these two are inescapable.

As well as unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 17, 2021 7:06 PM

R297 I love Lorraine and she's totally write (along with Philip from This Morning) H&M need to shut up now and let the seas calm slightly. Go out there and do charity work, get attention to your causes. The UK media figures clearly are starting to have enough of this story and of them in general. American slove drama so this might continue on for sometime BUT it totally destroys their message of wanting to do go in the world. This is going to damage them along with the monarchy, but the monarchy will survive this, but I doubt they will.

As for Russell Myers there is very little info about him. He actually has lost a fair amount of weight over the past year....and he no longer wears a wedding ring.

by Anonymousreply 303March 17, 2021 7:10 PM

Anyone else hear the rumour that while Invictus Board are keeping Harry, a number of volunteers and athletes are lobbying the Board to have him removed. Remember these are men and women who pledged allegiance to the Crown and they see Harry's actions as betraying that oath.

by Anonymousreply 304March 17, 2021 7:15 PM

Meghan's going to release her diaries? How do we know that they aren't made up? She's been caught stretching the truth already.

by Anonymousreply 305March 17, 2021 7:28 PM

R268, Schofield didn't say it quite as directly as the DM makes out. In the video he quotes the negative polls and says there seems to be a feeling afoot that they should shut up etc. But I imagine he also thinks so. I loved him in the friend-of-Meghan interview; at some point he just gives up on her nonsense and lets her blather on while he looks askance.

by Anonymousreply 306March 17, 2021 7:30 PM

R141, I find it hard to claim the BRF are racist after watching some documentary. I can't remember the name. There was a scene where the Obama's came in on a helicopter into the Queen's private garden area.

The Queen & Prince Philip were there to welcome them. It is clear there was affection there.Then the Queen drove everyone off!

Does that sound like nasty racist people to you? Unless, she has done this for everyone?

by Anonymousreply 307March 17, 2021 7:32 PM

You can dislike a single mixed-race person without being racist. People of color are individuals just like everyone else. I'd argue that it's more racist to pretend that all people of color are beautiful generous souls who could never do anything wrong: People are people regardless of ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 308March 17, 2021 7:34 PM

So, allegedly Michelle Obama's comments were a subtle dig at H&M because apparently Michelle advised Meghan to tread lightly on her feeling about the royals and focus on raising a charitable profile of public service. I'm assuming Michelle ain't best pleased with her.

by Anonymousreply 309March 17, 2021 7:34 PM

Michelle's advice was excellent and Meghan should have heeded it.

by Anonymousreply 310March 17, 2021 7:38 PM

r290 if you believe that's all they want I have ten bridges to sell you. Come on even you don't believe this.

Furthermore, why do you believe the total lie that TQ or the BRF have ANY control over the UK press and can stop them from printing shit about the Sussexes? I mean, if that was the case then none of them would ever have any bad coverage (and we know that's not true)....it's a specious request, a red herring.

Anyone can see they want multiple things: cash, titles, patronages, retribution.

by Anonymousreply 311March 17, 2021 7:38 PM

If they could stop bad press about the family, no one would ever have known dumbass Andy was BFFs with pedo Epstein. FFS, you Megstans are slow.

If they didn't cover THAT up, then they can't stop the press, ok? DUH

by Anonymousreply 312March 17, 2021 7:42 PM

If Meghan chose to cheerfully revive her acting and upbeat-lifestyle-guru persona, it would be ok. She'd still get goofed on, but nobody would be appalled and offended like now. This would of course require her and Harry to truly step back from the royals. They could keep their titles, and simply never mention their royal status, even downplay it. There's a certain star power in not needing to harp on who you are. You just ARE.

by Anonymousreply 313March 17, 2021 7:44 PM

No kidding r312. But when you're full on into the cult of Megstan, common sense is in short supply. You will believe every single word and utterance made no matter how implausible and far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 314March 17, 2021 7:44 PM

Abolish the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 315March 17, 2021 7:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 17, 2021 7:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 17, 2021 7:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 17, 2021 8:00 PM

Yes, R310, also adds credence to claims of multiple aides that they would not listen to anyone.

I genuinely think they want to take down the Cambridges as well. Very little of the interview was used to set themselves up for the future, it was quite backward looking.

That Harry openly agreed that he failed to get any mental health assistance for his PREGNANT and purportedly SUICIDAL WIFE should make any mental health projects a no go. In the clown world we are currently living in, who knows? I listened to a few minutes of the one podcast they did, was a bit of a joke.

"Kind" and "mental health" based brands for them are as ludicous as "climate change" given their fondness for private jets.

by Anonymousreply 319March 17, 2021 8:06 PM

Oh wow! Meghan McCain went after Meghan on The View today saying there are holes in her story. Now that Trump has basically said he's against Meghan the Trumpists are going heeding the call of their leader.

by Anonymousreply 320March 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 17, 2021 8:12 PM

Meghan is a total narcissist and the worst thing for a narcissist is being ignored. Word of warning to Meghan...MI5 took Diana out for doing a lot less.

by Anonymousreply 322March 17, 2021 8:20 PM

This video is hilarious. I somehow found this guy on YT recommendations. Apparently he’s an ex-NFL player turned cop (retired) and definitely NOT my political cup of tea (he’s a Repug). But he’s pretty funny in his breakdown. “If Shaniqua went in there with her crochet braids and Shaniqua is as dark as night, then yeah I would tend to believe claims of racism against Shaniqua...”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 17, 2021 8:44 PM

☝️😂

by Anonymousreply 324March 17, 2021 9:11 PM

Supposedly when MO first met Sparkle, MO told her "Do nothing for the first year. Learn the job."

But then Sparkle does not take anyone's advice.

by Anonymousreply 325March 17, 2021 9:32 PM

That is why her life is going so spectacularly now. She takes no advice because she thinks she is better than everyone else. She isn't even as good as others.

by Anonymousreply 326March 17, 2021 9:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 17, 2021 10:06 PM

Sorry, I"m late to the game here. How did Harry meet Meghan anyways?

by Anonymousreply 328March 18, 2021 12:31 AM

Rumors were at Soho House, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 329March 18, 2021 1:26 AM

R328 the real timeline is that she started dating Harry while still shacked up with her chef boyfriend, Cory, and this is been noted with receipts by internet detectives

by Anonymousreply 330March 18, 2021 1:40 AM

Her boyfriend Cory had a lot of connections and she started to get to know people and social climb through him until she didn't need him anymore and then like everyone else in her life...she walked over him and moved on to Harry that she had met at a party. She had already met Eugenie so I don't know if the meet up was planned or not.

by Anonymousreply 331March 18, 2021 1:58 AM

I assume that when MeAgain releases her diaries they will be titled [Royal] House of Cards?

by Anonymousreply 332March 18, 2021 2:01 AM

I watched the whole video, R323. We need more guys like him. Not only because of his spot on analysis of MM, but also the impact has on the country and the smaller communities as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 333March 18, 2021 2:46 AM

The real origin story is that Meghan saw Harry at the Soho House Toronto. Meghan was having a drink with Markus, deciding what the best way to approach Harry was. She declined the offer for Markus to make an introduction and just approached him directly. There was no candle lit dinner blind date set up by that chick who worked for Ralph Lauren. This feels about right.

by Anonymousreply 334March 18, 2021 2:49 AM

Russel Myers is about Williams age and is part of the royal rota at the Daily Mirror. He goes on all the press tours and is very well connected to the Price William especially. Katie Nicholls is another impeccable reported in her connections. It's always been said that Meghan was writing a diary from day 1, with a BG from Nov 2019. If Russel Myers is saying the palace is concerned about her releasing a diary, I believe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 18, 2021 2:56 AM

R327 - thanks for sharing this clip- very amusing and insightful.

by Anonymousreply 336March 18, 2021 3:16 AM

If Meghan publishes a diary detailing private conversations and secrets of the BRF, she will be branded the biggest hypocrite in the world. I'm sure that won't stop her, though.

by Anonymousreply 337March 18, 2021 3:31 AM

didn't Meghan write about having a miscarriage? the woman's 40 - she's an older mother who just had a miscarriage so of course she embarks on a massive attack on her in-laws? This makes no sense. You'd think she'd want some peace and quiet during her pregnancy not provoke so much sturm und drang.

She's off her head and Harry's a moron.

I liked how Michelle Obama threw shade at them. That must hurt.

by Anonymousreply 338March 18, 2021 3:45 AM

Perhaps the next person Megs and H throw under the bus will be Michelle. If they'll toss her husband's family, the one they're trying to extort funds from, why wouldn't they do so to Mrs. Obama as well?

by Anonymousreply 339March 18, 2021 3:49 AM

The tactics she's used against the BRF won't work with Michelle. She can't play the race card against Michelle: It's really all she's got.

by Anonymousreply 340March 18, 2021 3:51 AM

R339 Michelle Obama is basically untouchable at this point. If Meghan even dared to swing at her, that would be it for H&M in America. I'm also not convinced that Megs and Harry are even smart even to realize it was a dig.

Speaking of Michelle, didn't she have a falling out with Oprah?

R335 You're not wrong that both Russell and Katie being well-connected to royal staff that give them insight, but Russell didn't state the Palace was worried but HE felt that Megs publishing it or doing a Netflix tell all was a very strong possibility given her pattern. And while the Palace is right to be concerned if this is true, I think there's a growing sense (certainly in the UK media) that Megs and Harry have basically blown their wad too soon and the audience for more drama (outside of the American media) is already waning. It is clearly killing Meghan that the Palace is basically going to try and ignore her. And so like all narcissists the more you ignore them, the more the try and stir up shit.

by Anonymousreply 341March 18, 2021 4:11 AM

Agreed, R341. Publishing that diary or doing more interviews could potentially turn public sentiment against her--especially in the UK, and possibly even in the US. But since Meghan seems curiously self-destructive, she may try to go there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 342March 18, 2021 4:15 AM

I was watching the ITV link posted above and the two reporters were having a laugh about the parties that supposedly were held for all the royal journalists, saying their invitations must’ve got lost in the mail. Did Harry or Meghan really claim that the palace held annual parties in exchange for good press?

by Anonymousreply 343March 18, 2021 4:29 AM

Who’s more powerful, Michelle or Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 344March 18, 2021 4:45 AM

Michelle. Orpah is a borderline has-been. This interview helped some, but she'll have to follow it up quickly to maintain momentum.

by Anonymousreply 345March 18, 2021 4:47 AM

Is Meghan a pawn between Michelle and Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 346March 18, 2021 4:50 AM

r209 Thirsty for what do you reckon?

by Anonymousreply 347March 18, 2021 5:07 AM

EVERYTHING. That woman is a great, gaping, parched maw of need.

by Anonymousreply 348March 18, 2021 5:08 AM

r217 r219 Two superb brilliant posts explaining your argument with intellect and flair! I would happily kiss both of your bare asses as a sign of appreciation and thanks as long as you are both male of course!!!

by Anonymousreply 349March 18, 2021 5:15 AM

I would love her to take a swing at Michelle Obama. She would not survive that. MO is untouchable, as r341 says. I think (and could be wrong) she is more respected than Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 350March 18, 2021 5:39 AM

Oprah is billionaire and that is an achievement, but she's a tacky talk show host at the end of the day. Michelle is a Harvard educated woman with a law degree, the first black FLOTUS, and a beloved, symbolic woman to many. Frankly, I would be offended by Hollywood that agents put the Markles in the Obamas league for content producing, but I believe they mean in terms of vs. a Ryan Murphy contract deal.

by Anonymousreply 351March 18, 2021 5:52 AM

Yes, R343.

by Anonymousreply 352March 18, 2021 5:56 AM

Looking at those recent photos of MO, especially the one of her in a sequinned strapless dress, it is not hard to understand why her detractors thought she was male.

by Anonymousreply 353March 18, 2021 6:01 AM

She has a very male skull and large hands too, R353. Very prominent brow ridge for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 354March 18, 2021 6:02 AM

Oh do FUCK OFF, R353 and R354. Racist cunts.

by Anonymousreply 355March 18, 2021 6:29 AM

R344 Michelle Obama without a doubt. R345 I wouldn't go as far as to say Oprah is on the verge of being a has been, but I agree that her relevancy has waned significantly since she stopped doing her talk show. A huge portion of her audience was white women, many of whom are now Trumpists. In the past two years she had to close her magazine, sell most of her ownership in OWN and her Vision tour under performed.

As for the rumor about Michelle and Oprah having a fall out, there gossip that they had a falling out mid-way through Obama's presidency (one of the reasons Oprah did not campaign for him in 2012). But that's clearly behind them now as MIchelle has done interviews with her since.

by Anonymousreply 356March 18, 2021 6:34 AM

This is likely made up, but a fun read!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 18, 2021 6:39 AM

It may be made up, but it fits right in with everything else we've heard about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 358March 18, 2021 6:53 AM

R357, it's too over the top. MM slapping a Givenchy employee? Taunting Charlotte when she she came home from school?

But there are likely some grains of truth in there.

by Anonymousreply 359March 18, 2021 6:53 AM

R357, R358 & R359 Angela Levin has just commented on these allegations!!! Levin wrote a book about Harry in 2018 called "Conversations with the Prince" in which she spent a year interviewing Harry and being given unfettered access. If she is commenting on this, then it just got more credit in my books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 18, 2021 7:52 AM

Interesting take here about the bullying investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361March 18, 2021 7:54 AM

From R357's link: [quote] Meghan...said to the Givenchy and Aquazurra staff that this was what happens when you coddle children, they turn into horrible whiny brats that want everything when it is HER wedding.

Wow. Meghan must've been coddled A LOT when she was a child!

If this is true, no wonder Charlotte squealed on her about taking sneaky pictures at KP.

by Anonymousreply 362March 18, 2021 8:05 AM

The dithering over the wedding dress matches the dithering over the arrangement of "Stand By Me" that happened at the wedding. Meghan seems to suffer from an intense case of OCD.

by Anonymousreply 363March 18, 2021 8:10 AM

Drip drip drip . . . Kate isn't going to let Meghan's version of the bridesmaids dresses showdown stand. Nor should she.

by Anonymousreply 364March 18, 2021 8:11 AM

I don't know if I can believe it was this bad AND that the Kate bringing flowers story is true. No mother in her right mind would let her child be bullied and then bring flowers to the bully.

by Anonymousreply 365March 18, 2021 8:18 AM

yes, they're gonna publish a diary coz they value their "privacy" so much!!!

MM is a dumb fucking whore, MO is a fucking lawyer and best selling author, former first lady and better than this terrible actress in a million ways. Please, don't even try to compare...what a joke!

by Anonymousreply 366March 18, 2021 8:22 AM

She might if it was put to her that it was her duty to try to keep the Firm on the rails, R365. She wouldn't let Charlotte be alone with Meghan again, but making nice publicly is really in the contract, isn't it? I mean, the Queen had to be nice to Donald Trump. They put up with a lot.

by Anonymousreply 367March 18, 2021 8:26 AM

So in 20-30 years they're going to reboot The Crown and we'll get a beautiful dramatization of the Harry-William-Charles rift.

by Anonymousreply 368March 18, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote]R359 it's too over the top. MM slapping a Givenchy employee? Taunting Charlotte when she she came home from school?

If Meghan made Charlotte cry, then good. It takes off water weight.

by Anonymousreply 369March 18, 2021 8:38 AM

It's certainly true that Kate and William will hovering over George and Charlotte much more protectively at the end of Meghan and Harry's wedding. The footage is on YouTube, and Kate is holding Charlotte's hand and William is holding George's as Meghan and Harry go down the steps and get into their carriage. Kate bends down and speaks to Charlotte encouragingly at least once. At Eugenie's wedding Kate and William weren't on the steps at all, and George and Charlotte came down the steps in a happy group with the other children.

Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 370March 18, 2021 8:39 AM

^^It's certainly true that Kate and William WERE

by Anonymousreply 371March 18, 2021 8:39 AM

Another cousin for the Cambridge kids! Pippa gave birth to a girl, Grace Elizabeth Jane Matthews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 18, 2021 8:42 AM

Grace Elizabeth Jane - let’s get AS MANY boring names in there as we can!

by Anonymousreply 373March 18, 2021 8:47 AM

Well, way back at the beginning, Sparkle's brother did warn about letting Sparkle close to children.

I remember this clearly because it seemed an odd thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 374March 18, 2021 8:54 AM

Grace is a pretty name, but with a very plain last name like Matthews, Pippa could have gone for something with a little more pizzaz, like Imogen or Arabella or Rosamund.

by Anonymousreply 375March 18, 2021 8:56 AM

Well, let's see, Kate bullied her niece, stole her nephew's beloved nickname for her own son, considered killing herself (and her baby) when Archie was still in utero . . . so yeah, not a great track record so far.

by Anonymousreply 376March 18, 2021 8:58 AM

^^^Ha Ha, I meant Meghan bullied her niece, etc. Kate has only a 1-day old baby niece right now. Hopefully she won't bully her.

by Anonymousreply 377March 18, 2021 8:58 AM

How weird. Meghan hurting or abusing children has been pushed by trolls on multiple platforms today. An anonymous source on Tumblr being the source. Of course. The comments are near identical to one's posted here today. Paying someone to troll about someone abusing children is so illegal it's not funny. They are tracking the source through the lipstick alley trolls. You know that right.

by Anonymousreply 378March 18, 2021 9:09 AM

Oh Good, the Conspiracy Troll is back. I wouldn't give up her crazy posts for anything.

by Anonymousreply 379March 18, 2021 9:21 AM

An article from the wedding which basically insinuated the Mulroney girl as being the “special” bridesmaid. Note the different headpiece and the fact that even though she didn’t get a bouquet of her own (so she could hold Meghan’s at the ceremony), someone made sure she got one for the official photos, even if it meant taking it out of Harry’s goddaughter’s hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 18, 2021 9:22 AM

R363 No need to medicalize Meghan’s cuntiness. She’s just a rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 381March 18, 2021 9:25 AM

Regarding Meghan's diary...I think it is dawning on the BRF that it makes no difference what did or did not actually happen...MM can just MAKE SHIT UP and it will be as damaging as if there were recordings of the events.

by Anonymousreply 382March 18, 2021 10:21 AM

Child abuse is a crime. Falsely accusing someone of child abuse is defamation. The trolls on LSA who had similar comments to your child abuse comments here fucked up. They stated as fact that Meghan committed child abuse. Then backed it up with statements like the following: 'This is how I want Meghan to break the internet. Child abuse. Violence to children'. It is a clear case of defamation. And it's serious. Your comments here posted almost simultaneously point to co-ordinated trolling. They are already tracking the LSA trolls.

by Anonymousreply 383March 18, 2021 10:39 AM

Maybe on Twitter. The UK already sounds fed up to the teeth with her.

by Anonymousreply 384March 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Yes, it's all a vast conspiracy against wonderful Meghan. It couldn't be that her interview with Oprah was so toxic that it opened up a GIANT can of nasty worms that can't be contained? Nope, it's those darn coordinated LSA trolls!

by Anonymousreply 385March 18, 2021 10:44 AM

@303........ Narcal, nose deep in cocaine again. Tsk, tsk.

by Anonymousreply 386March 18, 2021 12:21 PM

I wish the tapeworms would fuck right off. This is a GOSSIP board and we are gossiping. And given how much dirty laundry Meghan has been airing and probably will air, I don't see how anyone can pretend that she's a fragile flower being trampled by armies of coordinated trolls. It's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 387March 18, 2021 12:27 PM

It's just Manic Meghan, leaving her trail of slime throughout our threads. We should ignore the worm. That kills her. Ignore it and watch it self combust, 😆

by Anonymousreply 388March 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Will and Kate visited an ambulance station today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 18, 2021 12:51 PM

We would all like to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390March 18, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote]If Meghan publishes a diary detailing private conversations and secrets of the BRF, she will be branded the biggest hypocrite in the world. I'm sure that won't stop her, though.

She's then be no better than big sister Samantha or her dad. On the same level. Oh the irony.

Kudos to People (see r390 link) for NOT putting Harry or Meghan in the cover collage. It's the other four royals only (TQ, Charles, W&K). Nice move there.

by Anonymousreply 391March 18, 2021 1:08 PM

What’s the story with Meghan stealing a name?

by Anonymousreply 392March 18, 2021 2:37 PM

R389 I like Kate but geez, she needs to cut that sorority girl hair. Too long!

by Anonymousreply 393March 18, 2021 2:43 PM

I agree, R393. I like Kate and her sense of style, and at least she ditched the really dark eyeliner. But a sassy shoulder-length cut would do wonders for her.

by Anonymousreply 394March 18, 2021 2:51 PM

Has anyone asked how Megan, privacy seeker and world healer, is feeling today? She's such a fragile flower, remember! If you don't ask after her, you're a low down, dirty racist, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 395March 18, 2021 2:52 PM

R392, I refer you to this article at Marie Claire:

[quote]When Meghan was pregnant with Archie Harrison, The Sun reported in January of 2019 that Prince George had told a passer-by that his name was Archie. The passer-by told The Sun: “I was asked by a police minder not to take a photo of the children, which I didn’t, but George started stroking my dog. Just to be friendly I engaged in a bit of small talk and I asked George what his name was, even though obviously I knew it. To my astonishment he said ‘I’m called Archie’ with a big smile on his face. I don’t know why he calls himself Archie but kids often play with their names and I think it’s lovely.”

[quote]That said, "Archie" was one of several nicknames for Prince George; according to multiple sources, George is also known as "PG Tips" (a British brand of tea), and "Georgie" to his family members; he was also known as "little grape" by his parents until he was born. Still, in May of 2019, five months after the confirmation that George's nickname was Archie, Meghan and Harry named their newborn Archie Harrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Now, now! L@iney Gossip went on and on about how H and Megs gifting their son with the name "Archie" was the most powerful FLEX since Jesus walked, carrying the cross wearing that crown of thorns! However could it not have been divine intervention, brought forth from the amazing brain pans of Dim and the Queen of ❤s?

by Anonymousreply 397March 18, 2021 3:00 PM

R393 I think Kate has grown her hair out partly because of COVID restrictions?

I don't know about in America, but in the UK the tone surrounding H&M is changing. Her leaking information to Gayle King has done down bad even with commentators who are on the couple's side. This seems to be a trend with this couple, the chronically overplay their hand. All they had to do with shut up about the royals for a while and make it look like they were serious about trying to reconcile (even if they weren't) now it's clear they want a fight for the sake of fighting and the royals now are going to completely disengage and their public support in the UK will tank even further.

BTW is the Daily Mail able to appeal that Judge's ruling about Megs letter to her father? It's clear now that Megs is deliberately leaking information about her private life, and the line in court about emails being deleted contradicts what the couple are saying publicly now.

by Anonymousreply 398March 18, 2021 3:21 PM

Any word from Camp Sussex about what new great Netflix content they're working on? Its been months since the deal was struck. Any new Spotify podcasts? That introductory streamer was back in January - where's the new content.

Looking forward to it. Anyone have information - ?

by Anonymousreply 399March 18, 2021 3:28 PM

Yes, R398, the DM can appeal, and has appealed the ruling on the privacy claim. It's pending. Thought I read somewhere a ruling was due late this month or in April, but I could have that wrong. The copyright claim is still set to go to trial.

by Anonymousreply 400March 18, 2021 4:01 PM

YouGov poll in the US.....Diana (which I don't know why she's in this polls), the Queen, and Prince William are still more popular than Harry or Meghan in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 18, 2021 4:11 PM

Angela Levin comments on the now surfacing bridesmaids dress story.

AL is described as "Angela Levin is an award-winning journalist, a royal biographer, author, broadcaster and public speaker."

Is this a way for the other side of the story to surface to counter Sparkles "poor me" tale?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402March 18, 2021 4:22 PM

R401 Newsweek poll also shows the same thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 18, 2021 4:24 PM

I think people liked William’s statement the other day. Like it or not, many are tired of being called racist all ding dong day.

by Anonymousreply 404March 18, 2021 4:25 PM

I fear it's getting to the point that people throw around the "racist" accusation so easily over seemingly such small, trivial situations, the word itself is quickly losing its shock value.

What should be an accusation and mark of true shame is becoming an easily dismissible irritant. Getting called a "racist" is becoming as common as being called a bad driver or having terrible table manners. It's equating terrible prejudicial actions that can cause grievous harm to simpler cultural disagreements. People will simply shrug and walk away from the argument.

by Anonymousreply 405March 18, 2021 4:44 PM

The woke will end up eating each other while the rest of the world watches.

by Anonymousreply 406March 18, 2021 4:46 PM

New Lady C video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 18, 2021 4:51 PM

Thanks r396. I didn’t know that story.

by Anonymousreply 408March 18, 2021 4:55 PM

[quote]R396 “Archie" was one of several nicknames for Prince George; according to multiple sources, George is also known as "PG Tips" (a British brand of tea), and "Georgie" to his family members; he was also known as "little grape" by his parents until he was born

So tiny George took out some nonexistent patent on all 4 of his nicknames and woe to anyone who dare encroach. Entitled much?

Plus, how can the name Archie be a diminutive of George, or related to it at all? That’s like saying your name is Helen but your nickname is Jane.

by Anonymousreply 409March 18, 2021 4:57 PM

Wouldn’t one hope Lady C has a full enough life in her vast castle without living so vampirically off M&H?

It’s like this is the biggest thing that ever happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 410March 18, 2021 5:03 PM

R409- It was a childhood nickname, whatever the reason behind it. This is typical Markle, not one original thought in her poisonous head. Every pose, outfit, written word, spoken word, plan, ect. us stolen from another. Empty husk.

by Anonymousreply 411March 18, 2021 5:06 PM

R410- The way vampiric Narcal lives off of the memory of her dead mother in-law? She craves what Diana had. Bitch is delusional. She is a third rate Fergie, at best.

by Anonymousreply 412March 18, 2021 5:10 PM

R412 But she never heard of Diana or the royals before?

by Anonymousreply 413March 18, 2021 5:13 PM

[quote]R411 This is typical Markle, not one original thought in her poisonous head. Every pose, outfit, written word, spoken word, plan, ect. us stolen from another. Empty husk.

I thought Harry picked the name because one of his best friends in the military had it. Why aren’t we blaming him... if we even think toddlers can stockpile multiple names for their personal use.

by Anonymousreply 414March 18, 2021 5:14 PM

Maybe George got it from Harry. It's a kick to think George may have been pertly trolling the passerby.

by Anonymousreply 415March 18, 2021 5:18 PM

R413- No, of course not! She just knew exactly what perfume Diana wore and wore the same one on her first set up, I mean date with Harry

by Anonymousreply 416March 18, 2021 5:19 PM

During Obama's first Presidential campaign, Oprah was trying to run the show, trying to claim HER endorsement of Obama got him the nomination. Michelle got real sick of Oprah real quick and she got cut out of the picture. Oprah's been sulking ever since. Like Oprah, Meghan tried to latch onto the Obamas pretending they were best buds and she was in with the in crowd. Michelle seems to have been as turned off by Meghan as by Oprah. And her disdainful burn "public service is about the public, not about you" was a master stroke.

That gossip from Givenchy sounds very believable if maybe embroidered a bit. If it's true, it wasn't Kate who leaked what happened to the media, it was probably Clare Keller who got fired for Meghan's ugly wedding dress. And why would Meghan even go to Givenchy for a wedding gown? Thought people would liken her to Audrey Hepburn. Girl's got an ego that just won't stop.

by Anonymousreply 417March 18, 2021 5:24 PM

All polling that does not favor H and the Duchess of Hearts is racist! #RacistPolls #MathIsRacist

by Anonymousreply 418March 18, 2021 5:26 PM

They have ruined any credibility they had, as we predicted they would. That interview is the beginning of the end for them.

by Anonymousreply 419March 18, 2021 5:29 PM

I don't know if this is true or not, so please correct me if you've read otherwise. Allegedly shortly after her Oprah interview, Megs reached out to high ranking members of the Democratic Party basically "presenting herself" as the 2024 Presidential Nominee for the party given how positively she felt the interview was received. Now, kudos on RNC leadership for not laughing her out of existence but I suspect this why Biden's Press Secretary has gone from praises Megs and Harry to effectively wishing them luck and calling them private citizens. Probably also the reason I think Kamala Harris as been pretty tight lipped about the interview because she is going to be the 2024 nominee. In fact, I believe Harris will be the first female President before 2024 anyways.

by Anonymousreply 420March 18, 2021 5:52 PM

Gayle King's being called out. She claims the interview was filmed before Prince Philip went to hospital. But Philip's health is mentioned in the interview.

by Anonymousreply 421March 18, 2021 6:01 PM

Why is Gayle King throwing herself on the sword for these people. She had nothing to do with them and is coming out looking like a leaky faucet spokesperson for them.

by Anonymousreply 422March 18, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]R417 it was probably Clare Keller who got fired for Meghan's ugly wedding dress.

Please stop. Her wedding dress was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423March 18, 2021 6:07 PM

R422 it’s hard for normal people to understand, but for celebrities any kind of attention is oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 424March 18, 2021 6:08 PM

I really do like the style of the dress and its simplicity, but like everything she wears it fit poorly.

Why does the poster above think Claire Keller was fired? She later received some British designer of the year award that Meghan presented before not stepping away from the spotlight. Does any one remember that? Keller was giving her acceptance speech with the pregnant duchess only a few feet away smiling beatifically as she gave a grotesquely exaggerated bump cupping performance. It had to be exaggerated, you know, because she was on stage and her thee-ah-tur training kicked in. She could not relinquish the spotlight for one moment to let another person have her moment in the sun. It her biggest attention hog moment I can recall.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if Meghan's dithering about the dress led to its poor fit. "Take it in! Take it out! It doesn't look right, do something or I'll call Harry! Don't you know how to do your fucking job!" Poor seamstress! Whether by Meghan's design or in a retaliatory move (remember the tag hanging from the red dress?), the dress wasn't all it could be.

About the leak, it could have been anyone. The seamstress, the designer, her assistant, the receptionist, Charlotte's pissed off nanny, or anyone they gossiped to. Why on earth would the palace try to get to the "bottom" of things and issue a correction when there were as many perspectives on the situation as there were people involved? And by that point, why would they because they'd come to know what a PITA Meghan is. The poor choir director found out pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 425March 18, 2021 6:34 PM

Soooooo there rumour is that CTV (a Canadian broadcaster) has video of Meghan flipping out during a fitting and calling Charlotte fat. Ben Mulroney whose wife was Megs best friend works for CTV soooooooooooooooooo it's going to leak at some point if it does exist.

by Anonymousreply 426March 18, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote]R422 Why is Gayle King throwing herself on the sword for these people. She had nothing to do with them

[quote]R424 it’s hard for normal people to understand, but for celebrities any kind of attention is oxygen.

Journalists and broadcasters want to be associated with breaking stories. It’s not like Gayle King is some housewife who overheard something at the corner store/laundromat, fir god’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 427March 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Yeah, r422, Gayle is coming off as a meddling busy body and PR rep, not a responsible "journalist." I wonder what her CBS bosses are thinking. It's not a good look for the network, especially they broadcast the tampered headlines . BTW, did CBS ever address this?

It's so funny that the Sussexes are relying on the press they abhor so much as a PR arm and megaphone.

by Anonymousreply 428March 18, 2021 6:44 PM

I think the dress was a lovely design but poorly fitted. The fabric should have been something more forgiving.

by Anonymousreply 429March 18, 2021 6:46 PM

The child abuse accusations claiming Meghan has abused children has hit twitter. Allegedly official complaint with law enforcement laid and another sites thread going to be hit with info request. They have narrowed the source to a blog. The thread on other site was the one used to push false allegations. This site too. It was pushed here and on the other site first after the blog sharing. Uhhh ohhh.

by Anonymousreply 430March 18, 2021 6:47 PM

R428 We have to remember that US and UK press are fundamentally different. The US press is largely commercialized meaning it's about ratings and advertising revenue than actual cold hard fact. As a result, the US media is much more open to censoring or being manipulated if it means better ratings or more money. The UK press is more regulated and not as easy to manipulate in terms of putting out a highly constructed narrative.

by Anonymousreply 431March 18, 2021 6:51 PM

There were stories at the time that MeAgain was unpleasant to Charlotte and claimed she would ruin the wedding. Pieces are matching up. If there is a vid, that will end them. So much for "kindness" and the "earth mother" vibe she was going for. She makes Hilaria Baldwin look better and she is barking mad.

by Anonymousreply 432March 18, 2021 8:43 PM

Lots of stories at the time. The issue re: tights or socks was due to the shoes being uncomfortable and likely to cause blisters. Charlotte was in multiple weddings that year, maybe 4? All had tights or socks. but Meg vetoed.

Not sure why all was left to the last minute but you could see it in the quality - hems, fits, etc. Meg is really mentally ill. Kanye did somethng similar, started changing things literally just before the wedding.

The claim that Meghan said Charlotte would "ruin her wedding" was out at the time. The dress did not fit.

Now Camilla being so protective and inserting herself between Charlotte and MeAgain in those photos makes sense.

Meghan seems dangerously unstable. Despite her fawning over the Mulhroney child, and dumping a very young Archie on them, she has now cut them off too.

The vid will come out. Anyone calling a 2 year old fat will be done as some sort of icon or Mommy blogger or Netflix sjw.

by Anonymousreply 433March 18, 2021 9:00 PM

Meghan may have shed tears but it appears she was in the wrong. She has said, as an actress, she can cry on cue. There is video of it.

Poor Charlotte, no wonder the family looked so grim at the service, as did Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 18, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote]R430 The thread on other site was the one used to push false allegations. This site too. It was pushed here and on the other site first after the blog sharing. Uhhh ohhh.

Are we all going to be called in for questioning ? ? ?

by Anonymousreply 435March 18, 2021 9:03 PM

Why does an aging woman who married into family money yell about race when she was in a white sorority despite black sororities being available? She's always been the "I have distant exotic blood but really am as white as your undershorts."

by Anonymousreply 436March 18, 2021 9:41 PM

Meg didn't cut Jessica off, no way. Jess knows the details.

by Anonymousreply 437March 18, 2021 9:48 PM

Lesson in action: any post that starts with "So..." is suspect, and one that starts out "Soooooo" is BS. There is no tape in "Canada" that Ben Mulroney is going to reveal.

by Anonymousreply 438March 18, 2021 9:52 PM

R435, yes. Interpol and MI5 have tracked us down. They are pinpointing your IP address, and screenshot evidence has been taken.

Repent, heathen.

by Anonymousreply 439March 18, 2021 10:01 PM

National Enquirer's got a big Meghan expose. She better get her lawyer on speed-dial.

by Anonymousreply 440March 18, 2021 10:04 PM

Harry is reminding me of Patty Hearst (Tanya).

by Anonymousreply 441March 18, 2021 10:14 PM

We will see, R438.

by Anonymousreply 442March 18, 2021 10:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443March 18, 2021 10:16 PM

I sense a theme. None of them are responsible adults. Pitty the kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444March 18, 2021 10:19 PM

Understandably, not many fans in OZ. They prefer to drink tea rather than have it thrown in their faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 18, 2021 10:22 PM

Are you serious with this shit, that you believe the people on these H&M threads are going to be hunted down? Sis, are you twelve? No one has threatened any of the Sussexes on this thread. MEGAN has threatened to do more harm to herself and her unborn than has happened on this thread.

If Lipstick Alley is such a shithole, don't go there, girl. OK? I don't go to Arkansas, look around and scream in all the white folks faces that they're inbred racists. We aren't going to trot over to LA, track down every wackadoole thread you mention, take screenshots or whateverthehell you do, and send them to Roscoe P. Coletrain.

by Anonymousreply 446March 18, 2021 10:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 18, 2021 10:43 PM

She certainly does not appear suicidal and if she had claimed to be, why would he be acting this way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 18, 2021 10:45 PM

Harry's eyeballs are racist!

by Anonymousreply 450March 18, 2021 10:46 PM

The Atlantic just posted a long article eviscerating Megs and Hubby. The intelligentsia has turned...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 18, 2021 10:46 PM

Right, R451?! He seems tired of her and she looks like the cat that got the cream. This is the event where she claims she cried every time the lights went down and she only went because she was not safe to be alone. Funny how her makeup looks unsmudged. The phrase "alternative facts" comes to mind.

She had a buddy's "mental health" new age spa retreat on her insta, that sounds like something that may have been vetoed, at least the merching of it.

by Anonymousreply 452March 18, 2021 10:49 PM

"I can make myself cry"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 18, 2021 10:55 PM

R349- But, but, we are too damn pretty to go to jail! 🥺

by Anonymousreply 454March 18, 2021 11:02 PM

The woman clearly dealt with serious racism in the UK and once again, DL's racists can do nothing but make fun of her.

You are all despicable.

by Anonymousreply 455March 18, 2021 11:09 PM

r449, I suspect that Meghan chose to pinpoint that particular evening at the Royal Albert Hall as a moment she "felt suicidal" because that night was the first time the couple were publicly booed.

She wanted to ensure that anyone who had noted the booing (among the clapping and cheers, I might add) at the time was somehow 'shamed' for noting it: "THAT night was the night I couldn't be left alone".

She also claimed she did her own makeup that night. Well if that is true she should become a makeup artist because it looked professional, if a bit heavy on the bronzer.

Strange that she didn't ask her makeup artist Daniel whatshisname (the crying one) to do it when he was over for avocado toast and tea earlier that day, as evidenced by his own instagram picture of her spread (all on SoHo house crockery, natch) along with a note thanking her for hosting him...

In other words, she's lying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 18, 2021 11:11 PM

Here is Daniel Martin's photo and note thanking Meghan for hosting him for that weekend. This post was only a day or two after her 'suicidal night'. The dates make her story seem unlikely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 18, 2021 11:20 PM

Oh, and look, that night was also one of the many occasions on which she chose yet another a Dianaesque outfit.

So she told Harry that she was going to re-enact his mother's suicide bid and then within hours threw on a dress that looked very similar to a famous outfit of his mother's? I'll bet she was slathered in Diana's fave perfume that night too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 18, 2021 11:27 PM

The article at R451 lays on the 'Meghan is beautiful and beloved shtick a little thick,' but I love the ending:

[quote]At the end of the interview, Harry sat beside Meghan, still looking a bit stunned, a bit unsure what was happening to him in this new life. Looking, in fact, a bit like a rescue chicken. Oprah asked him if Meghan had “saved him.”

[quote]“Yeah, she did,” he said. “Without question, she saved me.”

[quote]Meghan reached out her hand and touched his arm, stopping him from going on.

[quote]“I would … I would …” she said, trying to locate the right note, trying perhaps to avoid the impression that her husband was one more chicken in her coop. She hadn’t done the rescuing, she said—Harry had. It was Harry who had “certainly saved my life and saved all of us.”

[quote]And Harry sat there beside her, 7,000 miles from home, in the land of rich Californians and Meyer lemons and eucalyptus trees trailing Spanish moss. He had plighted his troth to this unexpected and very beautiful woman; he had hurt his grandmother, and alienated his father and his only brother. He had thought that having Bishop Michael Bruce Curry deliver the homily at his wedding would reverse a thousand years of English racial attitudes, but he had been wrong about that.* He was a combat veteran, a prince, the grandson, great-grandson, and great-great-grandson of English monarchs, and now he was going to have to think up some podcasts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 459March 18, 2021 11:30 PM

I do not understand how that doesn't creep Harry tf out. Can you even imagine someone wearing your dead mother's perfume? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 460March 18, 2021 11:31 PM

R455, Michelle Obama has dealt with serious racism. Her, I feel respect and sympathy for. Meghan? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 461March 18, 2021 11:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 18, 2021 11:32 PM

Harry is also losing staff in the fallout from the interview. Color me shocked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463March 18, 2021 11:34 PM

Drip drip drip, Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 464March 18, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote]r439 Yes. Interpol and MI5 have tracked us down. They are pinpointing your IP address, and screenshot evidence has been taken. Repent, heathen.

All I said when someone wrote that Meghan made Charlotte cry was a lot of kids are brats!

by Anonymousreply 465March 18, 2021 11:36 PM

R459- Damn! That was brutal. I hope he reads it.

by Anonymousreply 466March 18, 2021 11:36 PM

A few days before her Royal Albert Hall Diana dress outing, she was dressed in a red and purple getup that echoed another famous Diana outfit. This was one of the occasions on which people began to notice her flicking her coat back to show off her bump. She seemed animated, which Diana was never able to do while in the depths of her depressions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467March 18, 2021 11:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 18, 2021 11:49 PM

There have been a lot of Kate imitating Diana's clothes articles in the tabloids, too. The truth is that Diana wore so many clothes in her life and was photographed in so many ensembles that it's easy to find some dress that vaguely resembles something anyone wore at any point.

The only outfit that seems a deliberate crib of one of Diana's looks is when Meghan wore the white shirt and sunglasses combo and posed with her hands on her hips. That was too particular to be a coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 18, 2021 11:50 PM

Wearing his motther's fav perfume on their first date is a detail straight out of Hitchcock, R469. And then there is this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 18, 2021 11:58 PM

What’s her favorite perfume? Smell of money?

by Anonymousreply 471March 19, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote]R467 This was one of the occasions on which people began to notice her flicking her coat back to show off her bump.

Honestly, didn’t Di flaunt her pregnancy more?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472March 19, 2021 12:08 AM

As a child, Meghan "I never paid any attention to royalty" Markle made several home movies of her playing The Queen, replete with "English accent" ordering her little friends, who she calls "Princesses" around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473March 19, 2021 12:10 AM

R455 thank God they fled the racist UK to move to the good old USA where race has never been an issue!

by Anonymousreply 474March 19, 2021 12:11 AM

It is freaky that she would do that, but if it was the Dior one, I'm pretty sure it's been reformulated since Di wore it. Most of them have. So she probably didn't really smell like his mommy anyway.

by Anonymousreply 475March 19, 2021 12:11 AM

R417, The story I saw somewhere is that Meghan hustled her way backstage in London when Mrs. O was on her book tour.

It wasn't "planned" and caused problems with the tight schedule she was on. Also, with the Secret Service coordinating things.

At that time Papa Bush was on his last legs and Mrs. O knew she was going to have to split back to the U.S. at anytime.

This came from an ex-staffer in Michelle's White House office that maintained friendly ties with people that still worked for the Obama's.

by Anonymousreply 476March 19, 2021 12:16 AM

Samantha Cohen had intended to retire and the Queen asked her to stay on one more year and support Meghan's transition into the BRF. She was one of the most experienced and senior staff and very trusted by the Queen so when Meghan says she had no help and didn't know what to do....that makes no sense. However her leaving was preplanned, it was not driven by Meghan's behaviour.

I don't think Markle meant she knew nothing about the BRF but more that she knew nothing about what it really meant to be a working Royal and part of those traditions and protocols and expectations. She thought she would come in and still do her own thing and her expectation and reality were at odds. It would be something that would be hard to prepare for quickly. As per above, she had Samantha and Harry at her disposal as well as other aides so had she wanted to learn, the resources were there.

by Anonymousreply 477March 19, 2021 12:23 AM

The best bit about the home video at r473 is that she was at her now-ghosted childhood best friend's birthday party, where she snatched the crown off the birthday girl's head and started bossing all the other kids around playing "Queen", including the birthday girl.

Nice kid.

by Anonymousreply 478March 19, 2021 12:23 AM

R455, If that is the case, then get the fuck off of here! Go sit in your echo chamber imagining various imagined slights and microaggressions like your boo Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 479March 19, 2021 12:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 19, 2021 12:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 19, 2021 12:34 AM

What perfume did Diana wear, anyway? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 482March 19, 2021 12:36 AM

Interesting that the "Sussex Survivors" shortlist includes a French Algerian, a Jewish Australian and a gay American, all of whom had worked for the Queen for years prior to being assigned to Meghan.

So much for "a lack of diversity" at the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 483March 19, 2021 12:41 AM

The rumor out of Oz was that she screamed at the wife of the Gov General "fuck you, don't you know who I am?!!!" She was known for screaming the same in Toronto during Suits. Hope she did not throw the hot tea in the face of this sweet older lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 19, 2021 12:41 AM

Named Klan Posters

SurvivingAngel

Dex

UKGuy

Zemen-wanbuis

Dutchie

Edvard

BonniePrinceCharlie

The poster who calls everyone 'pet'

Please f and f all posts

by Anonymousreply 485March 19, 2021 12:42 AM

I am loving Meghan's very public cremation!

by Anonymousreply 486March 19, 2021 12:47 AM

This must be very upsetting, Meghan, being totally exposed as a lying cunt. Blaming us will not change one thing. This will get much worse for you, it is only beginning. You will need thicker skin, R486. Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 487March 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Yawn! at r485. Cancel culture is soooo last week.

by Anonymousreply 488March 19, 2021 12:55 AM

R481, that’s not counting the nannies.

by Anonymousreply 489March 19, 2021 12:55 AM

R489- That's right! Didn't one night Nanny leave the on her very FIRST shift? Imagine the what her testimony will be like! Oh, goody! So much drama to look forward to! Hehe

by Anonymousreply 490March 19, 2021 1:12 AM

I could respect Meghan's game a lot more if she were at least a GOOD liar. As it is, only someone as dim as Harry could fall for her crap. We've been calling every move she's made since 2017, and it's not like we're psychic here at DL. She's so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 491March 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Yes - apparently she left in the middle of the night. Meghan claimed that she fired her, but the replacement left only two days later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 19, 2021 1:20 AM

R492- Aww. Leaving poor Archie without a mother. That bitch loathes children, even her own.

by Anonymousreply 493March 19, 2021 1:30 AM

Bodies piling up. Are we to believe that all of the staff and nannies who left, they were in the wrong? Or like the royal family, are these staff and nannies jealous of Meghan? More likely, they all share the common denominator of working for an abusive cunt with a problem controlling her rage.

by Anonymousreply 494March 19, 2021 1:44 AM

I want to hear from the nanny who quit in the middle of the night because you know some bad shit went down for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 495March 19, 2021 1:52 AM

The Palace could unloose everybody's tongue with a wave of a scepter. Just make it clear that if NDAs are broken there will be no repercussions.

I say, cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

by Anonymousreply 496March 19, 2021 1:53 AM

Named Klan Posters

SurvivingAngel

Dex

UKGuy

Zemen-wanbuis

Dutchie

Edvard

BonniePrinceCharlie

The poster who calls everyone 'pet'

Please f and f all posts

by Anonymousreply 497March 19, 2021 2:03 AM

'Vanity Fair says William is worried now everything he says to Harry will be "plastered over US TV."

So he admits he made the racist comment. What a vile bastard he is.

by Anonymousreply 498March 19, 2021 2:06 AM

^^^ William is referring to how after his phone call to Harry post interview, somehow that gets directly relayed to the Sussexes’ new spokesperson Gayle the next day. Maybe you like family disputes to be played out in public. Maybe the Sussexes do too they’re behaving like trailer trash. Harry is worse than his wife by 100x.

by Anonymousreply 499March 19, 2021 2:16 AM

Wiliam is a revolting racist chav.

by Anonymousreply 500March 19, 2021 2:24 AM

Any new pictures of ugly lantern jawed Charlotte? She's going to be 6 ft 2 and look like a trans woman.

by Anonymousreply 501March 19, 2021 2:25 AM

Meghan Markle posting at R501, 500, 498, 497

Sugar: go give Harry a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 502March 19, 2021 2:34 AM

Camilla Tominey confirmed that story (on Thursday's This Morning ) that last week Megs was actively "presenting herself" as the 2024 Democratic Party nominee for President to senior leadership of the RNC. The clip is not up on YouTube yet but I will post when it does. It's great because both Philip and Camilla were clearly trying not to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 503March 19, 2021 2:48 AM

I've heard Miss Dior, Diorissimo, Quelques Fleurs, and Bluebell by Penhaligon. I was thinking of one of the Diors.

I don't know what the "Diana" scent is that MM is supposed to have worn to attract Harry. I've only seen accusations that she did so on anti-Meghan websites that don't name the fragrance. I'm pretty anti-Meghan myself, but that seems suspicious. Maybe the rumor started with something like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504March 19, 2021 3:14 AM

That was for R482. The thread is behaving weirdly and I thought I was posting directly below the question.

by Anonymousreply 505March 19, 2021 3:16 AM

The Sun's new video interview series is kicking off with "Meghan Markle, racism and white privilege", hosted by a woman who is genuinely black, as opposed to faux-black like Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 19, 2021 3:29 AM

r419 What do we think the end will look like?

by Anonymousreply 507March 19, 2021 3:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508March 19, 2021 3:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 19, 2021 4:01 AM

She seems fun!

In all honesty she has seemed quite ill for a long time now.

This was crashing the Inskip wedding. Sbe had decreed no cell phones so perhaps that is why the mask slipped so often at this event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510March 19, 2021 4:09 AM

I don't know if Harry will have the guts to come back for the Diana unveiling. Not after all this.

by Anonymousreply 511March 19, 2021 4:10 AM

She is scary. This is in public. Imagine behind closed doors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 19, 2021 4:10 AM

Punches down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513March 19, 2021 4:11 AM

I genuinely don't think there will be an end, r507.

It's clear he's completely blindly devoted to her, and loves the kid madly, so it will be up to her to end things.

I suspect that right now, she's not looking because she's pregnant, but is in the back of her mind is always thinking of possibilities to move forward including tech titans or any other man who would raise her profile.

She will discover once she sets out on the hunt, say, when little Diana is 1 or 2, that there isn't a high profile man in the world who will have her because she has already shown she has a pronounced disloyalty streak, a big mouth and a tendency to go to court on the smallest pretext.

When she realizes that she has truly made herself unmarketable among the .0000001% group to which she aspires, she'll become frustrated, stay with dumb Harry, and keep selling interviews and books about her 18 months in the BRF. She'll begin to understand that as dumb and as emasculated as Harry becomes year by year, that if she leaves him, she's done.

We'll know she has reached this stage when they sell the Montecito house in about 3-5 years, and buy another in the vicinity, then sell again 3-5 years later, and again, and again, each time at a ever-decreasing markup. These sales will be to Russian/Chinese gangsters who want the dubious cachet of buying from a Prince of England. In the end, for all their media hustling, it will be real estate transfers which will make them most of their cash.

She'll be forced to see out their days together and by the end (hell, by the middle) she will be a very bitter, although very rich, woman indeed.

by Anonymousreply 514March 19, 2021 4:14 AM

That's very much what happened to Wallis in her final years. Once Edward died, she had a fabulous jewelry collection, a big house, and not much else.

If Meghan hasn't made herself into a media mogul or married a mogul in the next 5 years, she'll have to be content with where she is. She'll be in her mid-40s then, and that's when women's careers in Hollywood slow down, not speed up.

by Anonymousreply 515March 19, 2021 4:16 AM

I don’t know r514. She could marry some old lech and go the way of Anna Nicole Smith. The old fucker leaves everything to her then kicks off and our Meghan does her own reality show.

by Anonymousreply 516March 19, 2021 4:18 AM

Even old leches - and their lawyers - see right through Meghan, r516 , and her present attempt to shakedown the BRF.

My own 84 year old mother came to the conclusion on her own that "All they want is more titles and more millions, and then they'll stop. THAT's the message of that interview." Old people aren't stupid. They've seen some things.

Meghan has painted herself into a corner, thinking she has used a pale cream shade, but in fact using a particularly bright fuschia shade - of the glow in the dark variety.

But of course, Meghan doesn't know that yet.

by Anonymousreply 517March 19, 2021 4:31 AM

r514 Thanks for your reply.You make some very interesting predictions.

r517 If your 84 year old mother can see it why cant Oprah??

by Anonymousreply 518March 19, 2021 4:43 AM

Oprah was playing along to further her own interests. She was not posing as an oracle of truth determination.

by Anonymousreply 519March 19, 2021 4:46 AM

Harry presumably is besotted with Meghan. Meghan clearly doesn't give a shit about him or she wouldn't have destroyed his relationship with his family and friends and sought to isolate him so she can totally dominate him. In my experience, infatuation burns itself out after 3 years. Harry'll be out of there within a year.

by Anonymousreply 520March 19, 2021 4:48 AM

r518, My mother is a very unusual woman: a genuine beauty in her day, who was very highly educated and who has lived all over the world. She's not actually a cynical person, but she is quietly shrewd. She and my father were married for 59 years and genuinely laughed together right up until my father died. She is very feminine, but very strong, and has become more frank with me in our conversations as time has gone by. She has seen quite a lot.

She's still beautiful for her age, with sparkling eyes and an astonishing lack of wrinkles (despite 5 children), and swears that vaseline on her face at night has been her lifelong secret weapon to looking young.

But the most important thing about her is that she is sharp. And she sees through Meghan - AND Harry - ("What a wimp! What IS wrong with him?") and my chat with her after the interview was loads of fun.

by Anonymousreply 521March 19, 2021 4:54 AM

^^ you sound besotted with her. are you fucking?

by Anonymousreply 522March 19, 2021 5:01 AM

No darling Megstan. Some of us just got to know got parents as adults and learned to speak to and appreciate them as friends.

You in your psychward wouldn't know anything about that, understandably.

Poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 523March 19, 2021 5:04 AM

The thing many people do not understand about the Sussexes is that they truly believe they have been disenfranchised and they are fighting for justice. MM has stated, "We'll always be royal. Harry and Archie have royal blood." So they will fight for their "rights" til the very end. They are the very definition of entitled.

by Anonymousreply 524March 19, 2021 6:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 19, 2021 6:49 AM

R451, I enjoy Caitlin Flanagan's writing, but I don't think an opinion piece by her is a sign that the intelligentsia is turning.

R477, I don't think one can plausibly claim that MM didn't know. She had to give her blog and Instagram, for god's sake. Meghan's a type-A, I'm sure she did her due diligence. The pros outweighed the cons.--

R495, wasn't the nanny who left in the middle of the night explained in Finding Freedom--she was fired on the spot for some reason. Which is certainly possible, but when one considers that the explanation for the personal assistant leaving abruptly is "gross misconduct," it seems like there's a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 526March 19, 2021 6:55 AM

I think that there is a *possibility* that Meghan and Harry are coke heads. There is a certain look in Meghan's eye that looks off when she is not "on" and that would explain some of the erratic behavior. There was a BG during the baby shower that Meghan flew with Amal Clooney so that she could take home a suitcase full of coke. It's a stretch and I am not saying I believe it necessarily, but it's not out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 527March 19, 2021 6:57 AM

Hmmm.

r527 That might explain some things....

by Anonymousreply 528March 19, 2021 7:00 AM

The Sussexes really are the King and Queen of the Millennials.

They want "freedom" from the shackles of being royal but they want all the perks and benefits without having to do any of the work or follow any of the rules associated with being royal and getting those perks.

by Anonymousreply 529March 19, 2021 7:14 AM

Not a great idea..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530March 19, 2021 7:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 19, 2021 7:48 AM

You're not doing Markle til you you do Markle besting MANDELA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 19, 2021 7:52 AM

The Queen GOT Nelson Mandela out of jail. She pressured and pressured and pressured until he was free.

And look here: for this ONE TIME she walks toward someone rather than staying still. She never does that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533March 19, 2021 8:34 AM

Interesting thread. I keep thinking, why can't Harry fall in love with someone -anyone- else? Men do this all the time. And take his custody of his children? Problem solved. Meghan fades back to obscurity and Harry redeems himself. It's been a long time since he looked happy. Somehow Harry often looks like a prisoner. Diana was like that, too.

Has anyone asked how Archie is doing? I worry about how he's being treated too. I hope there are some people around him who are compassionate.

by Anonymousreply 534March 19, 2021 8:50 AM

[quote]Markle made several home movies of her playing The Queen, replete with "English accent" ordering her little friends, who she calls "Princesses" around.

She PRACTISED??

by Anonymousreply 535March 19, 2021 8:52 AM

[quote]The thing many people do not understand about the Sussexes is that they truly believe they have been disenfranchised and they are fighting for justice. MM has stated, "We'll always be royal. Harry and Archie have royal blood." So they will fight for their "rights" til the very end.

Jesus, they don't have "royal blood". They have blood just like the rest of us out here.

And they will not necessarily "always be royal". Being royal isn't a birthright, as has been explained here many times. It's not a legal familial identity claim, like having a claim to one's surname. It's a GIFT from the monarch, who determines who is and isn't an HRH Prince/ss at any time. They can give or take it away at will.

by Anonymousreply 536March 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Something to ponder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 19, 2021 1:14 PM

If I were William amd Charles I would start every conversation with "This is being recorded" and take it from there. Can't trust these fuckers and obviously need admissable.evidence for court. I have a sister who lives in narc land with H&M. Anything you say (or what they fantasize you say) can and will be held against you.

by Anonymousreply 538March 19, 2021 1:55 PM

There are four guys who have a YouTube channel, I think it was linked up thread, called the Behavior Panel. They are trained in examining body language. Eye movements, micro expressions, involuntary gestures. It’s... a lot. Not sure I believe it 100%, it may be like “profiling” which I believe has fallen out of fashion except on tv shows.

They analyzed clips of the Oprah interview (previously having done Prince Andrew’s debacle—and how interesting it would’ve been if that interviewer had done this one. Would. Never. Happen.)

The upshot was, “none of it was our fault”. But there was a lot of other stuff, starting with Oprah herself, and MM looking for agreement with her (she kept saying: right?). There was one question posed which could have been an attack (it wasn’t, the follow up was a soft lob) and MM whipped her head around sharply. Harry gave Oprah the side -eye (“the look that precedes a fight in a pub”). Meghan deflected the question and Oprah did not follow up.

They all laughed at the last question. There was only one way to answer it, it wasn’t like he could ever say, I regret getting married. He said, “She saved me”. But then Megs turned it back on him, “No, he saved ME” which kinda puts the whole MEGXIT on his shoulders, not hers.

Anyway, well worth watching. They don’t get into the protocol of Archie being a prince or “we were denied security “. It’s all about body language and each panelist has a different focus.

by Anonymousreply 539March 19, 2021 4:07 PM

r529, that's not a Millennial thing- Margaret wanted the same things too.

by Anonymousreply 540March 19, 2021 4:45 PM

R540 Margaret wanted to marry Peter Townsend but the compromise was she'd have to give up her HRH and then she was like never mind.

by Anonymousreply 541March 19, 2021 5:09 PM

Buckingham Palace has confirmed no Trooping the Colour again this year due to COVID restrictions. There is talk that there will be a small event at Windsor Castle (like last year) instead.

by Anonymousreply 542March 19, 2021 5:20 PM

Australia really seems to hate Meghan....and I love it lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 19, 2021 5:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544March 19, 2021 6:21 PM

Harry is clearly being emotionally manipulated by Meghan. I'm not giving Harry a free pass here by any means, but clearly he is emotionally damaged/traumatized by his mother's death.He has survivors guilt, feeling he could have saved his mother somehow if she had just tired harder. Meghan has played on this in a very calculating manner to get what she wants. She is an actress, Harry isn't particularly smart and I'm sure given his guilt if she pretends to be suicidal he'll do whatever it takes to protect her. I'll reserve my judgment on the question as to whether she actually ever loved him, but for sure, she loved what he could do for her.

In the Oprah interview it's very plain he's uncomfortable with some of the claims Meghan had made, and he doesn't seem very happy overall. My sense is that he is petrified that he can't make her happy and yet there is a tiny bit of him that feels guilt for what he has done to his family too. Certainly if the leaks are correct, then he's not enjoying his life in LA as much as the couple pretended. But Harry is fucked, he has nowhere to turn to. Emotional manipulator always try to separate their targets from the family and friends. All of Harry's social circle now is Meghan's social circle. He has no family anymore. While I don't know the end game for Megs, for Harry I think this will end in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 545March 19, 2021 6:41 PM

R5444 link.

Harry on a bike.

No helmet.

Mask improperly worn.

by Anonymousreply 546March 19, 2021 7:10 PM

Kate actually has class, Meghan has avocado toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 19, 2021 7:14 PM

r545 What are the leaks about his life in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 548March 19, 2021 8:54 PM

Rob Lowe claims he saw Harry out driving when he (Lowe) was out.

He said it was like sighting the Loch Ness Monster. And Lowe followed him to the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 19, 2021 9:54 PM

I wonder if, when restrictions lift, Harry and Meghan will start getting dressed up and doing appearances. Will they attend fancy Santa Barbara art and charity events, or...I was going to say Hollywood galas, but what would those even be anymore?

by Anonymousreply 550March 20, 2021 1:06 AM

R545 implicitly raises an interesting point. Amidst all this poor-me from Prince Harry about losing his mother, we've never heard a peep from William to the effect that we should pity him for the same thing - and he probably had a more complicated and traumatising reaction, in that he may have felt a measure of relief among the pain, as well as guilt for being at loggerheads with Diana during some of her last summer.

I don't doubt Harry's pain for a moment, but the level of insensitivity is blinding.

by Anonymousreply 551March 20, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote]R551 about losing his mother, we've never heard a peep from William to the effect that we should pity him for the same thing

Well, cold blooded reptiles don’t feel things the rest of us do.

So...

by Anonymousreply 552March 20, 2021 1:38 AM

R425, this announcement in Vogue suggests Clare Keller was fired, but it was nearly two years after the wedding. They might've just thought she'd run out of ideas.

[quote]Sidney Toledano, the chairman and CEO of LVMH’s fashion group, wrote in a release: “I want to warmly thank Clare Waight Keller for her contribution to Givenchy’s latest chapter. Under her creative leadership, and in great collaboration with its ateliers and teams, the maison reconnected with the founding values of Hubert de Givenchy and his innate sense of elegance. I wish Clare all the best in her future endeavors.”

What’s next for one of Paris’s most storied maisons and for Waight Keller remains unknown.

by Anonymousreply 553March 20, 2021 1:43 AM

That last sentence is part of the Vogue quote. Stupid DL.

by Anonymousreply 554March 20, 2021 1:44 AM

A New Savanta ComRes poll is coming out tomorrow. The Daily Express is hinting it will show rise in support for the Queen and Cambridge while a majority do not want Harry and Megs to ever return to the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 20, 2021 3:21 AM

I think it's too late for sorry. Damage has been done that can't be undone.

The Monarchy will be fine, but will any company trust the Harkles when they've seen them behave like this with their own families?

by Anonymousreply 556March 20, 2021 3:46 AM

r556 I agree.For a short term thrill they have ruined themselves long term but i wonder if either of them have realised that yet?

by Anonymousreply 557March 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Not sure if this has been posted here yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 20, 2021 4:14 AM

UK satirists are having a field day with all the obviously bullshit claims in the interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 20, 2021 5:59 AM

R559- 🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 560March 20, 2021 3:23 PM

damn racist royals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561March 20, 2021 4:48 PM

Lady C's new video...and forget the Meghan stuff....she goes after Philip Schofield in this video spilling some dirt about his teenage boyfriends and calling him the "Empress of the Closet" LMAOOOOOOOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562March 20, 2021 7:06 PM

☝️😂 still laughing!

by Anonymousreply 563March 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564March 20, 2021 9:19 PM

Haha, R564 I thought the byline said their feud has "emulsified", which would be so awesome!

by Anonymousreply 565March 20, 2021 9:21 PM

The part about wanting to run for president turned out to be TRUE. She must have some decent sources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 20, 2021 9:23 PM

Back then it seemed preposterous but it IS Meg we are speaking of...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 20, 2021 9:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568March 20, 2021 9:26 PM

R568- She is far too thin skinned. They would eviscerate her.

by Anonymousreply 569March 20, 2021 11:00 PM

r568 I'm puzzled at the description of her as an embodiment of the American dream in that headline. Marrying into royalty as a stepping stone is the opposite of being'self made' and meritocratic. Sounds more like a deluded self description.

by Anonymousreply 570March 20, 2021 11:19 PM

Also snatching and clawing for titles from a supposedly racist institution has revealed just false get accusations of racism are. Her motivation was clear for all to see. Greed.

by Anonymousreply 571March 20, 2021 11:25 PM

I am baffled as to how that could have been successful promo for the Apple mental health series.

Maybe if they were the subjects rather than the purported "experts?"

And how is failing to get your SUICIDAL AND PREGNANT WIFE help "breaking down stigma?" The fact that out in public he was rolling his eyes at her on an evening she claimed she could not safely be left alone is the cherry on the sundae.

I still stongly suspect they got money somehow. But as long as they are going with this (which also functions as more promo), how does that work? Seems more like the punchline of a joke, tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 21, 2021 12:05 AM

Don’t you think all the royals are greedy? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 573March 21, 2021 12:16 AM

Bitch found a plastic surgeon. Isn't her own mother in health care? She tells such obvious lies. So obvious it is insulting.

by Anonymousreply 574March 21, 2021 1:46 AM

William himself tweeted today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 21, 2021 5:22 AM

Interesting r575. And good to see. Social media is useful for the BRF to use to, and not just as an extension of the official palace machine. Meghan herself taught everyone that, it's one of the few positive things she brought during her time in the firm.

by Anonymousreply 576March 21, 2021 7:35 AM

Before Muriel shuts us down for 600 posts, here is the next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 21, 2021 8:59 AM

R576 Actually, William and Catherine did put out their tweets occasionally before Meghan ever entered the picture. Even the Queen has once or twice. So Meghan was not the impetus for that .

by Anonymousreply 578March 21, 2021 4:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!