Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 5

Previous thread was paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2022 2:53 PM

Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2021 1:21 PM

The Irregulars on Netflix has a gay male character. Don't expect too much though.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2021 2:32 PM

Found this. Have no idea where it's from and it's in Spanish. I'm guessing Argentina due to the accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2021 2:33 PM

This looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2021 2:43 PM

Seems like Spain has the same issue as rest of the world. They have had a ton of lesbian storylines yet very few gay male storylines. Recently there was a lesbian storyline from the war. No gays in sight though, of course. To their defense at least the few gay storylines they do have are usually done well, unlike the shit we get from American tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2021 2:46 PM

The Bay is a british crime drama. Season 2 has a gay character. He is the son of the murder victim. His name is Jamie and his boyfriend's name is Theo.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2021 7:18 PM

Found this. Seems like there's a gay storyline. I think the show is called The Oval? Looks like it's another soap from Tyler Perry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2021 7:21 PM

Who Killed Sara is a new Netflix show with a gay storyline. Only seen 3 episodes but it's good so far. I recommend watching it in Spanish with English subs though. It's not quite the same with fake English voices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2021 10:17 AM

Finnish soap Secret Lives which I believe is now down to 1 gay character named Kalle but did create a spin-off show set in an alternate reality where where 2 characters named Noel and Jiri from the main show are straight but on the spin-off set in an alternate reality they are gay and couple.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2021 9:22 AM

R9 I heard that they eventually fired cute Ronny Roslöf who played gay Lari after Petteri Paavola decided to leave the show and that Ronny is now selling real estate. I wonder if the spinoff is any good.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2021 11:26 AM

In Netflix's Ragnarok, which is Thor set in modern day Norway, Loki is gay.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2021 9:51 PM

New Zealand soap Shortland Street. Resident gay Jack Hannah is single once again. This time after his recent marriage to Matiu Thompson seems to have hit the skids.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2021 9:40 AM

This summer should be good. A couple of weeks until the second season of Love Victor, then there's the Gossip Girl reboot in July.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2021 9:17 AM

Yes r13

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2021 10:07 AM

There's also the Welsh soap Pobol y Cwm. It seems that there are some people who want Iolo and Gary to get together despite being him straight. They also don't want Iolo to get back with Tyler who recently broke up with his twink boyfriend Aled.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2021 8:08 AM

Masterpiece Theater on PBS just ran a short two episodes show called “Us” based on a prominent British novel from a few years ago that centers on a Grand Tour family trip of the continent. The gay part is a twist. Excellent performances and stunning scenery of Paris, Amsterdam, Venice and Barcelona for those missing travel. Inexplicably, it was four parts when it aired in the UK, not sure why they packaged it as two here? But all available on the PBS app for free at the moment if your looking for an European escape this holiday weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2021 11:00 AM

Season 2 of El Juego de las Llaves with hottie Valentin to premiere September 16th on Amazon Prime Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2021 8:56 AM

Peacock's One Of Us Is Lying features a coming out story of a jock (if the show follows the book).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2021 4:15 PM

The second part of this season of American Horror story has a gay couple, who are pregnant by Aliens.

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2021 4:18 PM

The US version of Ghost features a smilar ghost as in the original UK version having a crush on the female lead's boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2021 9:29 AM

Ups, mixed it up. The US version of Ghosts features a similar ghost ...

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2021 9:30 AM

Which of the ghosts is supposed to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2021 5:22 PM

r22, the one played by Brandon Scott Jones, Isaac, who was also in the second season of The Other Two as Carey's Sales Bottom BFF.

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2021 5:41 PM

SYFY & USA Network's horror show Chucky has a gay teen as the leading character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Has no one mentioned the vacuous sitcom on Netflix called “Pretty Smart” about a LA household of social media millennials and one of them is a light skinned passing ethnically ambiguous Queen influencer? Greg Sulkin is also on hand as a usually shirtless gym boy trainer Himbo to flash abs, ass and muscle to keep the Gays actually watching. It’s like if Three Company was made for the 21st century, and you will lose brain cells for watching. But it’s better then the Gays in La Brea, who all they did this week was eat grass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 11:47 AM

Hulu's "Nine Perfect Strangers" had Luke Evans in a gay role.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 1:25 PM

Amazon Original's I Know What You Did Last Summer features a gay male character who is part of the main group of teens who are involved in a hit & run (hiding the body).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2021 2:55 PM

You season three has some peripheral gay characters, who are the only non psychos in suburbia.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2021 2:57 PM

ITV in the UK has a show called The Long Call. It is a police drama with a gay protagonist.

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2021 11:51 PM

There's one called The North Water that I saw on Amazon prime and it's really good. Set on a whaling ship in the 1800s, there's a gay plotline. Apparently it also aired on AMC+ during the summer but I don't get AMC+

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 5. Previous thread was paywalled.

Google Ain't Paywalled, Cheapo Twats. Part 5.

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2021 11:57 PM

The Long Call features the delicious Ben Aldridge

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2021 12:28 AM

The Madame Blanc Mysteries on Channel 5 has a regular guest character come out in episode 4.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2021 6:23 PM

The Spanish supernatural drama mystery TV show Paraiso, on HBO Max, has a pretty big gay twist pay off in episode seven. Well, not much of a twist if you pay attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2021 6:33 PM

I just accidentally discovered a great Australian series called Total Control with the DL fave Rachel Griffiths. But the most adorable Harry Richardson steals the show with his take on a bitchy gay aid. Though it appears he claims he is straight IRL. Highly recommend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2021 8:58 AM

R30, it is a BBC show so is available on BBC iPlayer at present in the UK. I initially went searching for it on Prime and it wasn’t available.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2021 1:01 PM

Isaac and a young cop on American Rust. Season one is over and it's unknown if the show will be returning. They left room for that possibility but ratings were abysmal. I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2021 1:26 PM

The Big Leap on FOX is very nice and has some great gay characters. I must admit at first I thought it was a Freeform show, because I was so used to Teri Polo being on Freeform's The Fosters. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2021 11:03 PM

HBO Max's Paraiso (mentioned at r34) is so much fun. The only show in quite some time I saw twice. The series finale features a pretty homoerotic showdown between the lead and the big bad (a twink who shows up in the season finale).

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2021 8:29 AM

Just binge-watched the two seasons of the Netflix's Mexican family drama Monarca (which features a gay character). Such a shame it was cancelled. But it's still worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2021 4:41 PM

Gay twink Aled has decided to leave for Newcastle,England on People of The Valley. There's speculation on whether or not twink Aaron is gay.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2021 8:30 PM

The Gilded Age

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2022 12:09 AM

There was a show a few years ago about an older gay man who owns a "spa". One day he gets drunk with two of employees(one a younger male and one young female with vision problems) and they accidentally end up drinking a magical drink and reciting some words that causes them to switch bodies.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2022 1:34 AM

Caught up with the Brit show Shakespeare and Hathaway-Private Investigators where Patrick Walshe McBride plays Sebastian the gay assistant who goes undercover in every episode. Some episodes have gay characters and plots (like series three episode nine having a gay twist dealing with a feud between two prominent families). In the UK, it airs on BBC1. Also available on BritBox. Latest one is episode nine from series 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2022 7:57 AM

New BritBox crime mystery show Murder in Provence features gay characters and gay twists, not in the main cast, though. It stars Roger Allam (DI Fred Thursday in Endeavour), Nancy Carroll (Lady Felicia in Father Brown) and Patricia Hodge (Mrs Pumphrey in All Creatures Great and Small season two).

by Anonymousreply 45March 5, 2022 2:14 PM

BritBox's Sister Boniface, which is a Father Brown spin-off, features gay characters and gay twists in series one episode six and nine.

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2022 7:52 PM

This is Going to Hurt. Although, Ben Whishaw literally swishes around in the show with a limp wrist. I wish they would have left that stereotype out. And even though he is flaming, his parents and work colleagues have no idea he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2022 8:20 PM

The Tuxedo.

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2022 10:32 PM

Our Flag Means Death

by Anonymousreply 49March 30, 2022 4:16 AM

I’m not sure if this is a movie or a series, it’s weird that they dine make those thing very clear in the trailers, but seems to have a Gay make lead. The sister looks familiar???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2022 1:08 PM

This is very cute. Apparently it's from a new Netflix show from Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2022 2:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!