Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 4

Keep talking about it here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 18, 2021 8:48 PM

Part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2020 1:55 AM

The Kissing Booth 2 had a gay couple

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Jo Weil reminds me of Eddie Cahill

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2020 7:04 AM

The scene in The Old Guard when one of the abductors asks Joe "what is he, your boyfriend" scornfully and the reply he gets explaining why they are way beyond 'boyfriend' is a great scene. I really enjoyed the film, sure some bits are a bit clunky in a TV movie way but there was enough good to carry you past.

Maybe don't watch the clip if you've not seen it yet..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Before the series had to go on hiatus because of COVID, Telemundo's "100 Días para Enamorarnos" introduced two more gay characters in the Pablo and Fer storyline. With Fer taking a break from the relationship, in order to help his soon-to-be ex-wife due to her cancer diagnosis, Pablo became busy trying to build a restaurant business with his ex-boyfriend and a female friend. In the process, he also became involved with a gay attorney, Carlo (the cute guy with the glasses). But Carlo isn't what he appears to be. Pablo and Carlo have now had sex, and in the episode leading up to the break, they've discovered that Carlo is a con artist who's stolen a real lawyer's identity and they've been swindled. The four gay characters are in the restaurant scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2020 4:28 PM

It's a reality show, but Say I Do on Netflix has a couple episodes with gay male couples, and stars Jeremiah Brent, Gabriele Bertaccini and Thai Nguyen who are all gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2020 9:16 PM

There was some tv show where a wealthy businessman when he was younger fathered 3 children by 3 different mothers and later on has to figure out which son should take over his company. Each of his sons now grown up turns out are secretly not straight. Which the father doesn't know about.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 4:14 PM

The French sci fi show, "Osmosis", where people get an implant in order to find their soulmate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2020 4:25 PM

Hamilton Burger and Della are both gay on the new Perry Mason.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 9:29 PM

Kissing Game (Boca a Boca) a Brazilian teen horror series from Netflix. The main character is gay and the show revolves around a disease being spread by kissing and a group of teens that went to a rave and who are now afraid of dying. It takes place in a beautiful southern Brazilian small town, very different from anything you'd expect from Brazil. It isn't until the second episode you actually see the gay life of the main character, but he hooks up with some guys at the party and is now hooking up with an older cowboy from his friend's ranch he met on Grindr.

Watch with subtitles the English dubbing is atrocious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Sky's Little Birds features a gay storyline and openly gay Hugh Skinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 11:22 AM

The Umbrella Academy season 2 was a major letdown because it was all about the lezzies while Klaus never got a love story. Anyways, at least some good news today with Hulu renewing Love Victor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 5:31 PM

No surprise about Love, Victor but still good new nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 5:47 PM

Married couple, Will and Sonny on "Days Of Our Lives." who have one child and plan to adopt newborn baby of relative.

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 5:55 PM

R14 That adoption appears to be off the table now, and this regrettable couple only have something like a half dozen more appearances remaining, before being written-off near the end of this month.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2020 6:52 PM

Apparently there's a show from New Zealand called 'Head High' that has a gay character and a possible storyline for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2020 7:00 PM

The Merli spinoff(a show from Spain) is now taping season 2. Pol is back once again and I assume Bruno will be back for season 2 also.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 4:39 AM

Amazon Prime is airing a new season of "The World's Greatest Race", an endurance contest comprised of teams competing in a 600 KM race through Fiji. One of the teams is the first one with all black members and one is Coree, who is proud to be a gay man representing the LGBTQ community.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2020 5:09 AM

Correction: It's called the World's TOUGHEST Race.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2020 5:10 AM

I May Destroy You

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2020 6:17 PM

Australian show Five Bedrooms. One of the roommates, Harry, is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2020 9:09 PM

R21 It's also currently streaming in the US on NBC's streaming service Peacock

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2020 9:27 PM

In Mexico, they started airing Televisa's new telenovela "La mexicana y el güero" (The Mexican and the Blond) on Las Estrellas, 17 August 2020. There will be a story within it involving Diego and Sebastian. This youtube channel is clipping it, but Spanish only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2020 8:44 PM

The Democratic National Covention

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2020 8:47 PM

Ah r23, you've reminded me of the excellent, "House of Flowers", on Netflix:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2020 2:37 PM

Sarah Hyland's new post Modern Family show.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2020 1:22 PM

Did anyone mention new series Little Birds? Gay storyline on that

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2020 1:32 PM

Has anyone watched the Mexican comedy series El Juego De Las Llaves? Apparently there's a gay storyline with one of the characters being closeted. It's on Amazon but requires a subscription to another service to watch it. For some reason it doesn't list English subtitles too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2020 2:12 AM

R28 I think I'd describe this series (The Key Game) as more of a dramedy than a comedy. And while the closeted gay guy is one of the principal actors and 1/2 of one of couples who experiment with swapping partners, I'd say his story is pretty basic. (His potential love interest is not one of the other husbands in the main group.) Unless you want watch a lot of material about straight couples and swinging, then I'd probably suggest you just wait til someone clips the gay story within.

On the plus side, the straight actor, Horacio Pancheri, who plays the closet case, Valentin, is very good-looking. Unfortunately, while there's a lot of skin and simulated sex shown among the straights, not so much for him.

In short, I didn't hate it, and if there's a second season, then I could see Valentin's story opening up more in then due to the way things were left in the last episode.

btw - If the Amazon option is directing you to "Pantaya," which has the U.S. rights to this series, then there are English captions available. You should be able to watch the first episode at Pantaya's website for free. This could give you an idea if you want to fork out the money to watch the whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2020 8:17 PM

R29 I only called it a comedy since that's what wikipedia called it for some reason. Thanks for all the info though.

Only reason I asked about subtitles, is because this is what I see. It's probably just a mistake though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2020 8:26 PM

Kind of relevant to this thread. I'm surprised there is so little gay content on (UK) Netlfix. There's much more on Amazon Prime, admittedly mostly Youtube web series, old or on some occasions what seem like a VHS upload from "Water Bearer". Searching for LGBT on Netflix comes up with some odd choices, a lot of lesbian and far eastern stuff and things where one of the characters happens to be gay. I guess I should be grateful for what there is to some degree, way more than just being able to watch QAF in 1999 with the curtains drawn.

I've typed that rambling post out and now I don't know what I want, maybe just equality for the gay characters in things as much as the hetero ones. I'll go write my protest banner...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Duh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2020 5:04 PM

With COVID American channels have bought shows from other countries to air. I'm watching a new show called Coroner and the lead female (the Coroner) has a gay son. He's shown with his boyfriend. It's a Canadian series.

The son & his boyfriend are 18-19.

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2020 5:08 PM

Are they main characters with decent screentime/storyline or are they recurring who barely matter to the series? R33

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2020 5:48 PM

Typically, in the UK, it's only on satellite ("SKY Witness") and I don't get that!

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2020 6:10 PM

On Netflix from China: "The Untamed" . Deeply repressed Lan Wanji is in love with his oblivious friend Wei Wuxian, over the course of years. After 50 episodes of magic soap opera complications they get together and have an adopted son. Nothing is explicit though, because Chinese censorship. Beautiful scenery, music and hilarious low budget special effects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2020 6:39 PM

I wonder how many new shows this fall will have gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2020 7:29 PM

Depends on how many new shows premiere this fall due to COVID. A lot of shows have pushed back production.

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2020 7:34 PM

Some of the netflix shows with queer characters got cancelled :(

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2020 8:04 AM

Tommy Dorfman is on a new Hulu series about dating during Corona

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 28, 2020 4:40 AM

I actually hadn't watched the trailer before posting but I guess he's a gay man who apparently wants to fuck a woman?

by Anonymousreply 41August 28, 2020 4:43 AM

R39 Thank god, I'm care only for gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 42August 28, 2020 12:52 PM

watch as they had a happy ending just because it's man+woman

lmao the fluid and queer community is a failure and their ideals are now being used to brand the media's homophobia as "fluidity" 🤡🤡🤡

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2020 10:36 PM

A new Spanish limited series is coming to Netflix that has gay characters and stars BDF Carlos Curves.

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2020 7:54 PM

Netflix has a new show that just came out called Julie and the Phantoms. It features a gay male love storyline between 2 ghosts played by Owen Joyner and BooBoo Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2020 1:35 AM

Thank you for the recommendation r45. So far it looks like it's the only romance plot, apart from the female lead crushing on the (ex) boyfriend of the mean Heather, that's part of the show. Plus the show features big musical numbers and openly gay Cheyenne Jackson as mustache twirling villain.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2020 10:56 PM

r37 Don't be looking for us.

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2020 11:51 PM

I had a watch of R45 recommendation, if you're a 15 year old American schoolgirl I think you'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2020 9:51 AM

r45's show is a quick binge (only nine episodes each around 25 min.). Yeah, it's a nice kid's show. A gay friendly kid show. Some songs are pretty great. I will get the soundtrack when available.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2020 10:59 AM

Not really TV, but a new web series with a bunch of gay actors, though some are playing straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 2:26 AM

You never know what you'll find on Youtube. This clip popped in my rec list - some teen show from the Philippines called Gameboys. All I know is what shows in this clip... teen boys kissing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2020 5:19 AM

New gay character coming to Emmerdale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 6:31 AM

he looks too much like Aaron to me

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2020 9:45 PM

Maybe they're going with the *twin* boyfriend thing .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2020 10:31 PM

I spy Scotty Dynamo and his partner in R50's link...

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2020 3:25 PM

R55 Right, it’s like a who’s who of gay royalty, I’m all for seeing Andy myself!

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2020 3:32 PM

I'm all for trying to see Jay Armstrong Johnson pretend to be straight

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2020 5:43 PM

he does not look like Aaron, also, what happened to Robert? Did they kill em off already lmao

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2020 11:17 PM

unless I missed something, that's Mike, Scotty's boyfriend and not Scotty himself lol

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2020 11:25 PM

R58 Robert was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Lee Posner (the man who raped Robert's sister, Victoria). Robert won't be eligible for parole until after he's served at least 14 years of his sentence. He was later transferred to a prison on the Isle of Wright, refusing visitors and sending Aaron divorce papers.

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2020 11:51 PM

Look harder R59 2:44m

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2020 4:21 PM

Okay, so posting the timestamp link didn't work out so good in the link box...

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2020 4:24 PM

Great more stereotype R61, cause 2020 is almost over so why not end a shitty year with more shit?

by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2020 4:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2020 5:08 PM

r64, Ester Expósito from Elite, Cecilia Suárez from House of Flowers, AND Carmen Maura from countless Almodovar movies, Reinas and Tetro? I just came a little.

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2020 9:55 PM

Someone Has To Die also features Alejandro Speitzer who is the sexy lead in the Netflix's Mexican Gangster show The Club.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2020 10:02 PM

Until a week ago Sonny and Will on "Days Of Our Lives," written-out by moving to Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2020 10:21 PM

I wonder if Filthy Rich will have any gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2020 10:22 PM

Can't also forget cute bdf Carlos Cuevas who plays bisexual Pol from Merli and it's spinoff r65/r66.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2020 12:31 AM

Alright R63 calm yer tits, I'm responding to partially sighted R59 who said that Scotty Dynamo wasn't in it, not passing comment on the show, feel free to do that but don't blame me.

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2020 5:14 PM

thank you r61, i see him now . i just watched the first episode, idk what I'm expecting but it's disappointing for sure

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2020 9:23 PM

R71 I agree it wasn't great. You can also tell the show's written by gay men who've never seen how straight guys actually interact with women.

by Anonymousreply 72September 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Euphoria. Nate hasn't excepted his love of cock but he keeps 50 pictures of dick on his phone and has to use all his willpower to avoid looking at his football buddies dicks. I predict he will have some sort of event in S2, if they can begin filming.

He ain't gay yet but he's into a transexual and loves cock. A gay rumor about him is already spreading around his school. it's only a matter of time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2020 9:41 PM

Experienced* not expected.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2020 9:41 PM

At best I would expect them to make him bisexual or pansexual R73

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2020 10:14 PM

And that would be great

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2020 10:31 PM

Just saw the trailer for an AMC new series called "Soulmates", which starts 10/05. In the future, science has enabled people to be able to be matched up with their other half.

The trailer I saw showed one couple, comprised of Bill (Pennywise) Skarsgard and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, who is a black UK actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 3, 2020 5:55 PM

Actually, Soulmates is a multi-part anthology series. Bill Skarsgard is only one of the six episodes -- his is titled Layover and airs 10/26.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2020 7:21 PM

Apparently there's a gay character in this show from Spain. This according to a poster on another website:

HIT is the new teen show in prime time of tve.

I hesitate to open a thread because it's quite unconventional. They aired three episodes and romance had zero importance on the plot.

Well, we have a high shool (Anne Frank) which used to be a good one, it was founded in the 80's by the mother of the director and was very liberal for its time. But time passed and now it's quite conflictive. After four cars being burned the director try to approach a famous tv personality, known for his tv and performances about educations. The guy, Hugo Ibarra Toledo (the name of the show are his initials) is quite controversial and his methods are not usual. But there's more, because he didn't teach in a good while (since a shooting when he was teaching in the USA). The director and him are old friends and she convinces him to teach there.

He realize the main problems on the school are on 9 of the students. There's two gangs (curiously both lead by a girl), al the members have their own problems, so he convinces their parents to do separate therapy.

Dario, is the gay (or bi) character, and he is not a member of any of the two gangs, he is solitary and he is totally adverse of touching and quite adicted to internet. Hugo discovers that he uploads video on gay sites and then blackmail the possible clients, unlike other students he is not poor, so it's unknown the reason why he does that.

I have my doubts on open the thread because it was not known what is his sexuality appart of the fact that he has obvious problems with it. The fact that the actor is the most handsome in the cast made me doubt too (on a teen show that is usually reserved for the main straight character who hooks up with the main girl character), but in the third episode he is called a gay slur (he couldn't care less) and at the end of the episode he is masturbating watching a video of his teacher (which is not very straight).

I remember having a bad reaction to the trailer but i had a bad reaction to the Love, Víctor trailer and then i liked the show, so i watched (the very good reviews helped too), and the show is good.

Probably it's not the kind of show that will have following online because as i said it doesn't focus (at least till now) on romance. The only kissing scene between the teenagers had more to do with manipulation than with love.

This is the trailer (the whole episodes can be seen on the tve website)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2020 12:49 PM

r77, "Soulmates" sounds like an English/American version of, "Osmosis", a French tv series mentioned way above in this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2020 1:05 PM

Someone Has To Die - new spanish language miniseries featuring actors from Elite, House of Flowers, and Merli ( Pol i love you!). Of the different storylines, there's one thats gay.

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2020 2:06 PM

R81 Just watched it. It was good, not great. Some things that happened annoyed me.

SPOILERS:

Of course one of the gays had to die. At least he didn't die because he was gay, he died because the bitch who shot him was crazy. Still, one more dead gay character. I'm sick of the "kill your gays" trope. At least the other gay survived though. With that said, I did like most of the gay scenes, the one in the car was done so well. When he explained the first time he hooked up with a guy, that feeling. Damn, I teared up. Mary! I know. I just couldn't help it. It was so accurate. I also liked the fact that the dancer was actually not gay but straight. I was afraid the gay storyline would be terribly depressing, considering the era the mini series was in. I'm glad it wasn't. It was realistic. I knew the bully would turn out to be gay. I would have wished more of a gay romance plot though, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2020 5:53 PM

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned the new Walking Dead: World Beyond, which features pansexual DL tattoo punching bag Nico Tortorella as a gay lead. They is actually the best thing in it so far and his flashback storyline is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Netflix's Grand Army has a gay character. The show is kind of a hybrid of Degrassi and HBO's Euphoria. Very gritty coming of age show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Damn... the tall guy is supposedly the gay character on the Spanish show HIT. He's hot. I might have to watch the show now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 18, 2020 6:30 PM

Another interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 18, 2020 7:20 PM

America should take note from Spain when it comes to gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 87October 18, 2020 7:23 PM

La mexicana y el güero is a telenovela with gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 18, 2020 7:30 PM

Apparently there will be another telenovela with a gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2020 7:32 PM

Looks like the gay episode of AMC's Soulmates should be airing on Monday 10/26.

[quote]Mateo and Jonah meet at a bar and immediately hit it off; Mateo is furious when he discovers that Jonah stole his passport, sabotaging his chance to fly to Colombia to meet his soul mate the next day; they go on a wild adventure to get it back.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2020 10:14 PM

There's an asian show about a gay guy, bi guy and woman who end up on the run together after the woman ends up killing one of the gay guy father's henchmen.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2020 12:00 AM

The new Netflix romantic comedy Dash & Lily has a gay couple. Half of the couple is an openly gay actor named Troy Iwata who plays the main girl's brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2020 10:27 PM

Welsh soap People of The Valley. Tyler has gone back to fucking his twink lover after finding him on Grindr to the dismay and anger of his soon to be ex husband Lolo.

by Anonymousreply 93October 25, 2020 3:40 PM

R93 Last Thursday, Iolo was heard on the phone with someone; so it seems like he too may have a (new) guy on deck. .. I really thought they were going to have the now-homeless and lonesome, bisexual Eifion move in with Iolo and explore that, but Iolo shut him down quickly - unless perhaps they're thinking about bringing Alun back - who is an ex-boyfriend to both Iolo and Eifion. .. I also wonder if-when they're going to get back to connecting twink Aled to the villainous Dylan? .. They've previously telegraphed that Aled is more than likely the baby that Dylan fathered some-18 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 94October 25, 2020 8:27 PM

I don't know r94 when or if they are still going to bring up that Aled is possibly the baby Dylan gave up. I know that i've seen some angry when Tyler was using hook a up app later on after him and Lolo separated. Now they're very angry that Tyler has gotten back with twink Aled. Some were hoping that Lolo and Eifion would get together.

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2020 8:30 AM

R95 I wouldn't mind if Iolo and Eifion had a fling, but I can't see them long-term. As we've seen, Eifion is a player, and the reason he and Alun didn't continue is because Alun wanted an actual relationship, which is something Eifion has said he's not looking for with a man. So unless Iolo just wants something casual for a change, I think he'd have to adjust his expectations. .. As for Aled, I notice they had that scene with him and Tesni last week. And while Aled has sometiimes been seen with her brother, Guto, she referred to Aled as a really good mate - so maybe they're still planning to connect these three as cousins, which is what they'd all be if Dylan turns out to be Aled's father.

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2020 9:10 AM

Anthony Rapp and Wilson Cruz’s characters on Star Trek Discovery are a gay couple. Great chemistry too.

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2020 9:27 AM

R96 With Lolo's current level of anxiety issues at the moment I'm not sure if would be up to having a fling with Eifion unless he was really trying to get back at Tyler. Like you said Eifion is not going do something long-term and it seems that Lolo even though he doesn't want to admit it still has some feelings for Tyler.

On another note Dyfan Rees is looking a little bit rough since they have gone back but I guess it's because they now have to do their own hair and makeup.

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2020 10:54 AM

[quote]Looks like the gay episode of AMC's Soulmates should be airing on Monday 10/26.

Bill Skarsgard is still ugly as sin, but he was good in this episode. It was a good episode. I would have liked to see a movie version of it.

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2020 2:46 PM

R98 When all is said and done, I'm a Tylo fan, but I understand the soapy reasons for breaking them up. .. As for Dyfan, yeah, he definitely needed a make-over post-lockdowns, but I thought he looked much better last Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2020 7:13 PM

And here's a little video about the boys from "Grand Army" that R84 announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 28, 2020 3:02 AM

Probably been discussed on earlier threads, but there's a gay disabled main character on the new Roswell, New Mexico series on the CW and he has a male bisexual love interest. They've temporarily broken up. The gay guy who is played by RL gay guy Tyler Blackburn is/was dating a different guy and the bi guy is dating a woman, but the S2 finale made it clear they still have strong feelings for each other and the show runner has not only said they have a future together, she's also said the other 2 alien characters (one female and one male) are also both bisexual/pansexual, and future seasons would explore that.

by Anonymousreply 102October 28, 2020 3:20 AM

Gay clip from Netflix's Dash & Lily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 28, 2020 3:36 AM

There's a quick glimpse of a couple guys having sex in the just-released trailer for "Bridgerton" (Netflix).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 3, 2020 2:27 AM

on Station 19, Travis was on a gay tinder hookup app when he found his homophobic dad's profile

by Anonymousreply 105November 13, 2020 7:02 PM

On Hollyoaks, Ste (Kieron Richardson) has returned to the village after being gone a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2020 7:35 PM

Christmas TV movie, "Dashing in December," coming to Paramount Network, December 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 14, 2020 10:31 PM

R104 Apparently the gorgeous Freddie Stroma will play a gay role again... I will watch only for him.

by Anonymousreply 108November 17, 2020 7:16 AM

what other time did Freddie play gay?

by Anonymousreply 109November 17, 2020 12:38 PM

Freddie played gay in the movie After the Dark. Jacob Artist (Glee, Quantico, Now Apocalypse) plays the guy he is paired up with (movie is about hypothetical scenarios of surviving an extinction level event). It was a very small sub plot.

by Anonymousreply 110November 17, 2020 2:09 PM

Has anyone mentioned HBO's Industry yet? It's pretty hot featuring male full frontal nudity.

by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2020 2:12 PM

^^ is there any gay content or just a bunch of naked men?

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2020 4:11 PM

r112, gay content. Don't want to spoil it.

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2020 4:12 PM

Not a new character, but on daytime soap "General Hospital" they 'quietly' recast the gay "Lucas Jones" character with a new actor, Matt Trudeau, replacing Ryan Carnes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2020 7:19 PM

R111 I thought it was a BBC show filmed with part Yank cash not a HBO show?

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2020 8:35 PM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2020 8:36 PM

I deliberately didn't include the trailer at r111, because it doesn't feature any gay content apart from featung the leading gay character Gus (David Jonsson) in non-gay related scenes.

by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2020 9:15 PM

R111 It's a BBC show but it's airing on HBO in the US

by Anonymousreply 118November 17, 2020 9:58 PM

Does that mean the entire first season of Industry has already aired in the UK on BBC?

by Anonymousreply 119November 17, 2020 10:02 PM

No, both the BBC and HBO have so far aired 2 episodes

by Anonymousreply 120November 17, 2020 10:19 PM

Ah, thanks, r120

by Anonymousreply 121November 17, 2020 10:20 PM

And now looks like they have brought Brad back r114.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2020 6:22 AM

nobody updates this wiki anymore? :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2020 12:24 AM

Noah Galvin has a recurring role in the new season of The Good Doctor. No idea if his character is gay, but I don't see him playing a straight character.

by Anonymousreply 124November 23, 2020 3:30 AM

R124 I believe they mentioned that his character wasn't straight.

by Anonymousreply 125November 23, 2020 3:48 AM

Verbotene Liebe:The Next Generation

Looks like Oliver gets himself a new twink boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 23, 2020 12:34 PM

wish they had brought back Christian for Oliver

by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2020 1:06 PM

R124, in the trailer Galvin’s character mentions he started dating men at the age of 18.

by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2020 1:27 PM

R127 Thore supposedly hasn't wanted to come back full term and he's currently been busy with The Voice Germany I believe.

by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2020 4:29 PM

don't know if he's a gay character, but Cheyenne Jackson is playing the husband of Jessie Spanos in the new Saved By The Bell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2020 2:23 AM

R126 I like Jo Weil chemistry with the actors, too bad his sexuality is kinda mess in the show, and apparently there are no gay characters, only bi on this SO.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2020 7:46 PM

Kaley Cuoco's The Flight Attendant (Max Original) has gay characters. One is the lead's brother (played by TR Knight) and the other is her colleague (played by Griffin Matthews). I'm watching the third episode and it's great so far.

by Anonymousreply 132November 29, 2020 12:27 PM

R132 Jared Reinfeldt also has a small part on the show too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 29, 2020 3:52 PM

It's not a scripted show, but HBO Max has a Christmas dating show called 12 Dates of Christmas. One of the contestants looking for love is a gay man named Garrett Marcantel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 30, 2020 3:46 AM

Been on a movie kick lately, need to scour this thread for suggestions.

Getting caught up with Legends of Tomorrow (shut up) and was amazed at Constantine making a rimming joke. (He called Ray's mustache a "tush tickler.") Didn't expect that on the CW. Disappointing that the arc about saving his ex-boyfriend ended with the guy just walking away. Hopefully he comes back in season five.

by Anonymousreply 135December 1, 2020 3:48 PM

It was somewhat mentioned at R44 but 'Some Has To Die' on Netflix has a gay storyline and is only 3 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Oliver's twink love interest is attractive but there are some who want Christian to come back and get Oliver away from the twink.

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2020 4:29 AM

was it ever said whether Christian was gay or bi? I thought he was gay, but he kept cheating on Oliver w/ women

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2020 6:37 AM

R138 I think Christian is bi. I think Oliver is the only man Christian has ever had sex with or is at least acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2020 7:07 AM

R111 Does Industry get better? I watched the first episode last night and wasn't too impressed.

It's overall ranking at IMDb is 6.6. I'd give the episode I watched a 5.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2020 8:51 PM

i just found out there's a German version of Finding Prince Charming and it looks better and mores successful than the American ones. The show started last year and I believe it just finished its Season 2 this year

If we have German DLers, is there any way we can watch this anywhere and with subtitles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 9, 2020 7:34 AM

Upcoming Netflix show 'Tiny Pretty Things' will most likely have gay male characters, though it's unknown how much story there will be. Gay actor and dancer Brennan Clost is in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2020 3:42 AM

It seems some think that Aled is going to start being jealous of any time Tyler spends with Iolo.

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2020 6:47 PM

R141,

Mein Gott! Der Haus der Königinnen!

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2020 7:04 PM

R143 Jealous Aled should meet Eifion on the pathway running through Penrhewl. He can present hole, and they can go fuck in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2020 7:48 PM

R145 😂

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2020 8:18 PM

r142 Yeah Pretty Little Things has a gay storyline, and lots of male nudity. No peen and no hole though, sorry DL i know you're hole obsessed, go watch porn for that.

by Anonymousreply 147December 17, 2020 12:34 PM

I must admit I was taken by surprise how sexy and "explicit" the show is. I was expecting something tame on a CW level. Great show.

by Anonymousreply 148December 17, 2020 8:10 PM

Ups, sorry. My post at r148 was about Netflix's Tiny Pretty Things.

by Anonymousreply 149December 17, 2020 8:12 PM

It had some sexy parts but the plot and acting was all over the place and overall not great. R147 R148

by Anonymousreply 150December 17, 2020 8:13 PM

R143 After Thursday's episode, I'm guessing Llio thinks she can turn Iolo. She's getting too much into the playing house routine.

by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2020 8:14 PM

I thought she would have finally given up on that R151.

by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2020 8:20 PM

Upcoming British mini-series, 'It's a Sin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2020 2:00 AM

I was watching Stargate: Origins the other day. When Wasif says he never got interested in girls I knew. Then when later he falls for another boy.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2020 2:24 AM

Stargate: Origins has a redeeming features count firmly in the negative, don't do it, find something else to watch even if the apocalypse has occurred and it's the last remaining thing to watch in the universe, go fuck a mutant hedgehog instead.

by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2020 5:06 PM

I found this new show, All the Sins, which has a gay couple in the trailer. It is a Finnish crime drama and there's copies with english subtitles online if you're in the mood to pirate

by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2020 12:55 PM

Thank you, R156. This looks exactly up my street. It is the type of show that will end up on BBC 4 very soon I imagine but will seek it out online in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2020 1:28 PM

r156 i just watched the pilot. Gay cop is one of the leads, and gay themes are mixed with the whole story, definitely not a cliched story.

by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2020 1:51 PM

R157 I don't think it will be on BBC, since in the UK, it's been picked up by Walter Presents via All4 for Channel 4. Makes sense, as they've developed a penchant for Scandi noir.

From the linked-to website:

[quote] The full season boxset (6 episodes) is available on Walter Presents via All 4 from Friday, 22 January. The first episode premieres on Channel 4 on Monday, 25 January at 11.00 PM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2020 8:12 PM

Thank you, r159. I shall look out for it in January.

by Anonymousreply 160December 22, 2020 10:44 PM

There's an Asian web tv show about a gay virgin who gains the power to read people's minds when he touches them. The downside being that once he finally has sex he lose this power.

by Anonymousreply 161December 23, 2020 9:44 AM

The Influencers drops on Amazon Prime on the 28th and is a satire on Social Media starring real life couple Scotty Dynamo and Mike Heslin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 23, 2020 1:28 PM

Dude on far left is hot, and an example why people love social media

by Anonymousreply 163December 23, 2020 1:38 PM

R162 Also Noam Ash in the middle is gay, though no idea if his character will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 23, 2020 1:46 PM

SUPERSTORE

SEARCH PARTY

BULL

ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYLIST

EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE OKAY

THE SLAP

by Anonymousreply 165December 23, 2020 1:50 PM

BLACK MONDAY

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS

THE OTHER TWO

KIDDING

by Anonymousreply 166December 23, 2020 1:53 PM

It seems there's a couple "fans" who now want gay Aled to fuck Tyler's sister. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 167December 25, 2020 4:29 PM

R167 In which part start the gay triangle drama and cheating?

I tried to watch one time, but the resemblance that Iolo actor has with the pronie tranny fucker Mike Gaite bothered me, so I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 168December 25, 2020 9:20 PM

I really like the Ian and Mickey storyline from Shameless: they have been on and off for 11 years since they were teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 169December 25, 2020 9:27 PM

R168 Dyfan Rees is the actor who plays Iolo and are you talking about the recent story of Iolo,Tyler and Aled?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 25, 2020 10:08 PM

R167 I still say Aled should hook up with now single and free Eifion. I might actually begin to like Aled if that were to happen.

by Anonymousreply 171December 25, 2020 10:46 PM

There are a bunch of youtube channels that extract out the gay storylines from tv shows, ranging from shows like the Sally Field Show to Shameless.

It's actually rather satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 172December 25, 2020 10:55 PM

R170 Yeah it's him, he has some resemblance with the pronie tranny chaser Mike Gaite and it made me a little uncomfortable to watch... Yes, it can be, in which parts starts the gay fights and cheating?

Any (actual) self-respecting gay man should skip "Shameless".

by Anonymousreply 173December 25, 2020 11:11 PM

R171 Aled has been obsessed with having Tyler's dick all to himself.

by Anonymousreply 174December 25, 2020 11:12 PM

R172, I believe it is called the Sally Field Programme

by Anonymousreply 175December 26, 2020 12:21 AM

The remake of Stephen King's "The Stand" is out on CBS All-Access. Part 2 aired on 12/24 and I picked up some UST between the characters of Randall Flagg and Lloyd. Flagg meets LLoyd in an abandoned prison, and lets him out on the agreement that Lloyd will be his loyal minion. Lloyd calls Flagg a very handsome man, then Flagg cups Lloyds jaw and leads him out of the as they wrap arms around each others waists. As the scene fades, Flagg says this will be a beautiful relationship.

I hope they put some M/M stuff in this adaptation, especially because Flagg/Lloyd are played by Alexander Skarsgaard and Nat Wolff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 27, 2020 2:08 AM

Yeah don't be surprised if that's the most you get R176

by Anonymousreply 177December 27, 2020 3:33 AM

R162 So it's out today. 5 episodes, all around 10 - 15 minutes. Some nice eye candy but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 178December 28, 2020 4:19 PM

For anyone into the boys love sub genre, Netflix released a recut of a Filipino YouTube series 'Gameboys'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 4, 2021 2:19 AM

The Boy's Love genre is so funny, its like a 12 year old girl's idea of what love is, only with adult males that act like 12 year old girls in ridiculous situations. I started watching HIStory3: Trapped just for the laughs and ended up watching the whole thing. It's so cringe it's good.

It's supposedly a cop show where a cop falls in love with a criminal, but it's so absurd that it does look like it was written by a 12 year old girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 4, 2021 10:34 AM

Have you seen the one r180 where the college professor ends falling for one of his students?

Supposedly a BL show based off a series of books is alleged to have been watched over half a billion times but the government in the country where the show originates from is said to have eventually forced the show to degay most of the material from the source books for the show.

by Anonymousreply 181January 4, 2021 3:36 PM

Australian soap Neighbors has gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 4, 2021 3:38 PM

I'll have to look it up R181.

by Anonymousreply 183January 4, 2021 3:42 PM

R182 Aaron & David are about to have "a big bust up" this coming Friday.

Of course, it's over a baby. RME.

btw - I always laugh at Aaron's "tropical" shirts. David's aren't much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 4, 2021 10:19 PM

Hollyoaks is pairing James and Ste

by Anonymousreply 185January 5, 2021 11:18 PM

R185 Both good actors, but for me at least, they're seriously going to have to pull off some kind of magic trick to get me on board with that duo. .. I was really hoping for someone new for both guys, either in a potential quad or at least a triangle.

by Anonymousreply 186January 6, 2021 12:56 AM

Well James and Ste at one time used to fight over Harry plus they both have been with John Paul. With Harry dead(and rumors that something may have went down between PG and BK and it possibly one of the reasons why PG left the show). I guess it was a matter of time before they tried going there with Ste and James with no other gays in the village currently available.

by Anonymousreply 187January 6, 2021 4:13 AM

Hollyoaks really likes shuffling the gays around

by Anonymousreply 188January 6, 2021 4:14 AM

Hollyoaks is great in that a change in the wind there can make a character gay.

by Anonymousreply 189January 6, 2021 4:43 AM

R189 they need to blow some of that special wind Sami's way.

by Anonymousreply 190January 6, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote] I guess it was a matter of time before they tried going there with Ste and James with no other gays in the village currently available.

That's exactly the issue I have. It's akin to ye olde "two gays in the village" trope, IOW, just because they're there and currently unattached, they have to put them together.

I'd prefer it if they extended their bitchy rivalry and have them battle over some totally new guy who's got some chem with both of them and proceed to play a triangle.

by Anonymousreply 191January 6, 2021 5:01 AM

R191 My hope is that the previously unknown secret long lost identical gay twin brother of Harry comes to Hollyoaks (welcome back Perry) and an instant rivalry erupts between Ste and James for his affections and scantily clad body.

by Anonymousreply 192January 6, 2021 5:05 AM

what went down w/ Parry?

by Anonymousreply 193January 6, 2021 5:30 AM

R192 That would be fine by me as well ;-)

by Anonymousreply 194January 6, 2021 5:39 AM

r193 allegedly according to a few of the Jarry fans Parry had posted a video to his IG but quickly deleted it. In which he was thanking the fans for voting for him and Greg and supposedly in the video hinted at something happening bts.

by Anonymousreply 195January 6, 2021 3:25 PM

Speaking of Hollyoaks, when will we see PC George Kiss be affectionate with JohnPaul? Such a shame they introduced such a hot gay guy only for him to non-intimate

by Anonymousreply 196January 6, 2021 9:37 PM

R196 Covid rules.

by Anonymousreply 197January 6, 2021 10:03 PM

I saw a Hulu ad for a new Russell Tovey show, but it was unclear if he plays gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 198January 6, 2021 10:42 PM

If they showed PC Kiss naked it would only serve to accentuate what a potato John Paul is.

by Anonymousreply 199January 6, 2021 11:25 PM

Lol, R199, he does look like a potato lately, especially when he got all bleary eyed when he though Kiss died.

by Anonymousreply 200January 6, 2021 11:39 PM

Is it me, or do the Brits have a much better representation of the gays than the US despite the country and industry being a fraction of what it is in the US?

by Anonymousreply 201January 6, 2021 11:41 PM

R201 In terms of the daily soap operas, there's no comparison. It's like USA is now ZERO, compared to the UK (at least 16 that I can think of).

by Anonymousreply 202January 6, 2021 11:52 PM

it's weird that B&B is set in the fashion industry in Los Angeles and has never had any real gay characters

by Anonymousreply 203January 6, 2021 11:55 PM

R203 one of the rumors has been claiming that allegedly CBS is possibly afraid that they might lose viewers if they had regular a gay character on one or both of their remaining soaps. CBS used to get complaints about gays on ATWT and threats that viewers would stop watching their soaps along with boycotting P&G products if CBS and P&G didn't do something the gays on ATWT. Mariah on Y&R along with Tessa supposedly is CBS testing the waters.

by Anonymousreply 204January 7, 2021 12:01 PM

SEARCH PARTY

SUPERSTORE

by Anonymousreply 205January 7, 2021 12:06 PM

R196, covid rules? Mickey and Ian from Shameless kissed in the new season and they filmed at the end of last year.

by Anonymousreply 206January 7, 2021 12:19 PM

Did anyone already mention EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE OKAY?

by Anonymousreply 207January 7, 2021 2:57 PM

THE OTHER TWO

by Anonymousreply 208January 7, 2021 3:00 PM

does anyone know when The Other Two is coming back? Season 1 was a while ago and it's moving to HBO Max

by Anonymousreply 209January 7, 2021 3:01 PM

The Other Two has already filmed its second season according to an Interview with Josh Segarra I saw recently. He didn't know when it will come out, though. He said it will be an HBO Max exclusive now.

by Anonymousreply 210January 7, 2021 3:17 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned, or that it fits this thread, but the YA fantasy show The Letter To The King features a gay themed romance plot twist in its 6th episode. However, it also features the "bury your gays" trope some may not like in the same episode.

by Anonymousreply 211January 7, 2021 11:40 PM

Sorry, the show is called The Letter for the King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 7, 2021 11:42 PM

The remake of "The Stand" had some m/m action in episode 5. We're shown a Las Vegas that is now run by the demonic Randall Flagg and is a city of 24/7 orgies, torture, drugs and slavery. They show a scene that depicts the place like Caligula is in charge, with people having public sex, and I spotted several gay guys going at it in the background.

by Anonymousreply 213January 15, 2021 4:05 AM

Looks like Iolo may or may not possibly be leaving POTV and he also kissed his female roommate. Who no surprise, desperately wants a relationship with him despite him being gay.

by Anonymousreply 214January 21, 2021 6:28 AM

When I couldn’t post I thought I saw someone had posted a new show here. I forget the name, but it’s a Kyra Sedgwick sitcom about a mom who moves to LA to invade the lives of her kids, something like Phone Home! Or the like. Now Kyra is looking old, old, old I mean ancient, I don’t know how she suddenly got so old and she has no real knack for comedy, but those aren’t the only problems with the show. But by far the best thing was the daughter’s roommate who is a gay man. Most nuanced and interesting characters off all by far, but I would hurry this show won’t be on long.

by Anonymousreply 215January 21, 2021 6:34 AM

Did they right America Fererra’s gay brother off Superstore when she left? I thought he was dating the Pilipino guy?

by Anonymousreply 216January 21, 2021 6:36 AM

R198, Tovey's most recent UK show was The Sister, in which he isn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 217January 21, 2021 8:22 AM

R215, thanks for the tip but Call Your Mother is dreadful

by Anonymousreply 218January 21, 2021 12:32 PM

The new FOX animated show, The Great North (starring Nick Offerman, Megan Mulally, Will Forte, Jenny Slate and Alanis Morissette) has a gay character. Ham Tobin is voiced by Paul Rust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 21, 2021 1:18 PM

^^^ I think I saw this showing up on Hulu too.

by Anonymousreply 220January 21, 2021 1:27 PM

There have only been two episodes of the Great North so far. The character is revealed to be gay, but no gay themed plot so far unless you count him loving to bake fancy desserts,

by Anonymousreply 221January 21, 2021 1:32 PM

It's not out yet but Netflix ordered a new show called 'Heartstopper' about 2 gay teens who fall in love in highschool. Based off a webcomic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 21, 2021 1:41 PM

Speaking of BL's. There's one about a gay couple having relationship problems. Who both secretly download an gay app on their phones that lets them select a "virtual male companion". That only they can see and interact with unless they were to get a hold of the other's phone and find the app.

by Anonymousreply 223January 21, 2021 3:11 PM

What's a BL

by Anonymousreply 224January 21, 2021 10:03 PM

Boys Love r224.

by Anonymousreply 225January 21, 2021 10:08 PM

Luke on Emmerdale is going to be gay

by Anonymousreply 226January 21, 2021 10:43 PM

Wasn't some of the Emmerdale fans already predicting that Luke was possibly gay and that Victoria was likely a beard?

by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2021 1:28 AM

Would be nice since Max recently came out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2021 1:37 AM

Has the new CW show Texas Walker been mentioned? Pretty Little Liars star Keegan Allen and Grey's Anatomy star Alex Landi play a couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 22, 2021 6:14 PM

R229 Is this when we find out Walker and hot blond jock, Trent, are in a secret relationship?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 22, 2021 9:10 PM

R227 That possibility was being discussed when glass closet Posner was first cast in the role, because most of Luke's scenes were with angry Aaron and single mum Victoria. IOW, all of the dramatic conflict that Luke's presence was causing centered around those two principal actors, so it was easy to imagine a triangle happening. .. Then, there was the curious scene where Aaron was at a gay bar and got into it with someone leading to him him injuring his wrist. When Aaron came out of the bar, Luke just happened to be in the vicinity and ended up taking Aaron to the hospital. It was never explained what Ginger Boy was was doing there, with one of the guesses being that he was actually headed into to the bar himself. That scene was a little over a year ago now.

by Anonymousreply 231January 22, 2021 9:32 PM

gay series, It's a Sin just dropped. I've seen 4 eps. Pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2021 12:39 PM

Netflix's new teen fantasy / YA series Fate: The Winx Saga has a gay character who has a crush on a brooding bully.

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Sorry, forget to mention Fate: The Winx Saga features Downton Abbey's Robert James-Collier (Thomas, the gay butler).

by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2021 1:30 PM

R232 Question is: Is it available to watch in the states?

by Anonymousreply 235January 23, 2021 4:28 PM

Looks like I found the answer. Apparently it'll air on HBO Max sometime later this year

by Anonymousreply 236January 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Speaking of Channel 4 (UK) .... Just a reminder that both Seasons 1 & 2 of the Finnish drama "All the Sins" (discussed above) have just been added. The series is under the Walter Presents category.

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2021 7:07 PM

r237 Thank you!! i didnt know there was a season 2 of it!!

by Anonymousreply 238January 25, 2021 6:38 AM

It's A Sin premieres February 18th on HBO Max

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 25, 2021 9:53 PM

ABC's new sitcom Call Your Mother features a gay African American in the main cast. The lead is Kyra Sedgwick.

by Anonymousreply 240January 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Season 2 of Bonding just dropped on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 241January 28, 2021 11:02 AM

I don't know whether it was ever mentioned before but for those of you who enjoy the melodrama and the action of wuxia / xianxia (i.e. Chinese fantasy martial arts), there's a series called The Untamed on Netflix.

The series is based on a BL web novel named Mo Dao Zu Shi, whose main protagonists (Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi) are explicitly a gay couple.

Unfortunately, the Chinese authorities censored the gay content so, in the series, their relationship ('soul mates') is implied but not explicit.

Nevertheless, it's a pretty good xianxia series, especially with the background knowledge that the 'ho yay' is actually a real relationship in the source material. It's 50 episode though, so it requires some commitment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 28, 2021 11:17 AM

just saw on Riverdale last night they showed that Charles and Chic are gay lovers

by Anonymousreply 243January 28, 2021 1:38 PM

r243, that's not much of a surprise since that was revealed in last season when Charles visited Chic in prison.

by Anonymousreply 244January 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Does Bridgerton have gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2021 12:43 PM

R245 One of the brothers goes to a risqué salon where progressive thinkers and artists hangout and the host is having a gay affair, and the brother stumbles upon them. Apparently, none of the eight siblings are gay in the book, but some are hoping this brother might divert from that.

by Anonymousreply 246January 29, 2021 1:11 PM

Nancy Drew spinoff will have a black, gay lead character

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 29, 2021 10:27 PM

Bi-ish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 29, 2021 11:22 PM

Yeah, not counting Tiktok as a TV show, oh god you're that insane tiktok poster aren't you?!

by Anonymousreply 249January 30, 2021 10:30 AM

R249, I think the poster was showing you the lead to the Nancy Drew spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 250January 30, 2021 1:17 PM

Or not. Sorry, 249.

by Anonymousreply 251January 30, 2021 1:18 PM

Look! Another tv show where someone pretends to be gay! How fun! Not offensive at all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 30, 2021 7:32 PM

Tommy Tomás on Mr. Mayor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 30, 2021 8:32 PM

So we're stuck with ridiculous depictions of Asian men acting like 10 year old girls, soapish idiocy aimed at housewives or yet another yawning tale of AIDs, because it's not like we had enough already of this.

by Anonymousreply 254January 31, 2021 12:12 AM

I wonder what's next? A film about a bunch of effeminate gay men belittling each other to show the world how we've progressed.

by Anonymousreply 255January 31, 2021 12:13 AM

Oh no! I guess Aled's sister plan didn't completely work out and their dad came home and caught him getting fucked by Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 256January 31, 2021 1:38 AM

R256 Are you confused?

by Anonymousreply 257January 31, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] "In addition to that, what we're hoping in success, if we should be so lucky to get a series order, is that the other person in that triangle is going to be a man of trans experience, and his love story and his being the object of desire for a young woman who's in the Swift squad,"

I told you before, our future in representation is having trans people to fill in the quote, its already happening everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 258January 31, 2021 2:16 AM

??? r257

by Anonymousreply 259January 31, 2021 3:11 AM

R259 Tesni Parri is Aled's cousin, not his sister. And the man who walked in on Aled and Tyler was Gerwyn Parri, who is Tesni's father and Aled's uncle (by marriage). Aled Richards' father is Dylan Ellis.

by Anonymousreply 260January 31, 2021 3:54 AM

What show are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 261January 31, 2021 4:34 AM

R261 I had to look up the character names and looks like it's a Welsh soap called Pobol y Cwm

by Anonymousreply 262January 31, 2021 4:38 AM

Yes, "Pobol y Cwm" (People of the Valley). It's broadcast on S4C and the BBC. It's been on the air since 1974. It's currently got three gay guys and a bisexual guy in the village.

by Anonymousreply 263January 31, 2021 5:17 AM

Sorry I got things mixed up r260.

by Anonymousreply 264January 31, 2021 9:09 AM

A new low in American tv shows... a tv show where someone pretends to be gay. How is this not offensive? How was this shit even greenlit? Thank god I lost my trust in American tv shows years ago or else I'd actually be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 265January 31, 2021 10:16 AM

r265, yikes. You seem troubled.

by Anonymousreply 266January 31, 2021 10:23 AM

Remember when they teased that a character on Riverdale would be gay? Then the show was released and he never got a storyline or a love life. The lesbians on the other hand... this happens again and again and again. The lesbians get storylines and love lives on tv. But not gay men. Nah. We can't have that! So sick of this shit. Again, thank god I stopped trusting American tv shows years ago. I know that I have to watch foreign dramas if I want a good gay story.

by Anonymousreply 267January 31, 2021 4:27 PM

r267 Katy Keene had a gay character with a hot romantic sex life, but the character wasn't butch enough apparently. And the got canceled a couple of months ago.

There is some great (US) TV entertainment with gay themed content, but trolls and haters do their best stealth One Million Moms impersonation to shit on it all.

[quote] thank god I stopped trusting American tv shows years ago.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 268January 31, 2021 4:51 PM

Sorry, and the show got canceled a couple of months ago.

by Anonymousreply 269January 31, 2021 4:52 PM

Let’s hope when Riverdale jumps seven years into the future soon that Kevin is actually a full realized gay character or dead.

by Anonymousreply 270January 31, 2021 4:53 PM

Jeez, what did Riverdale to you? Fuck your dog and shit in your shoe?

by Anonymousreply 271January 31, 2021 4:55 PM

This year (and the future) will be the worst for gay representation, the Tr00ns are taking more and more space.

The heterosexism is being normalized and it's awful...

by Anonymousreply 272January 31, 2021 9:38 PM

Bonding.

by Anonymousreply 273February 1, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] A new low in American tv shows... a tv show where someone pretends to be gay. How is this not offensive? How was this shit even greenlit? Thank god I lost my trust in American tv shows years ago or else I'd actually be disappointed.

I watched the whole show (it's 8 episodes long I think) and this is a minor subplot, most plots are outrageous and there are quite a few gay characters in it. It is a show about a publicist after all.

by Anonymousreply 274February 1, 2021 12:27 AM

As someone who works in development I can safely say that the biggest enemy of gay content today is the LGBT community itself, trans straight washing notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 275February 1, 2021 12:30 AM

If we get to sit out another season of the Politician, I’m OK with that R272

by Anonymousreply 276February 1, 2021 12:32 AM

R274, I hate to be that guy, but what show are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 277February 1, 2021 12:53 AM

r277, Flack at r252.

by Anonymousreply 278February 1, 2021 12:57 AM

.👍.

by Anonymousreply 279February 1, 2021 1:00 AM

R274 Who are these "quite a few" gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 280February 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Nice thought R192 but I'm not sure if it will happen with Bryan Kirkwood still there.

Not new but there was a Asian show that came out about a year or two ago I believe. About a writer who had 1 somewhat successful book but later on began having writer's block. Later he has a meeting with strange an old man who convinces him that he can help fix his writer's block but only if he promises to do everything he says. One request the old man has, is for the writer switch to to writing pornographic books including gay pornographic books.

by Anonymousreply 281February 1, 2021 3:07 AM

I thought Flack had been canceled. I'll watch the second season. To answer the questions uphtread, the show is British and it takes place in London not the US. First episode was about a closeted celebrity, a football (soccer) player. I don't remember the story anymore I watch a lot of stuff, but there were gay characters as clients etc.

by Anonymousreply 282February 1, 2021 4:12 AM

"As someone who works in development I can safely say that the biggest enemy of gay content today is the LGBT community itself, trans straight washing notwithstanding."

Is your name George Glass?

by Anonymousreply 283February 1, 2021 4:43 AM

I'm following a Spanish influencer, he's gay. It looks like he's filming something in Madrid. Pretty sure it's a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 284February 1, 2021 12:21 PM

I just finished watching the Basque miniseries Patria on HBO On Demand - the show's outstanding BTW - and the brother of the ETA terrorist is gay (seen in the pic below meeting an older guy who will be his BF)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285February 1, 2021 2:06 PM

R285 Thanks. Is the show in Basque or Spanish?

by Anonymousreply 286February 1, 2021 2:19 PM

R239 I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, though none of the cast are really attractive. I do like the Welsh kid’s cute accent. But the sad sense of foreboding throughout has me hesitant to keep watching

by Anonymousreply 287February 1, 2021 2:23 PM

R286 - It's in Basque, with some Spanish thrown in here & there.

About half of the episodes are dubbed in English and the others (the one I prefer because it's the actor's own voices) are in Basque with English subtitles.

If you speak/understand Spanish, there's also a version where all of the episodes are in Basque with Spanish subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 288February 1, 2021 2:24 PM

There will never be a show where gay men are treated with the same respect as straights, lesbians, trans, etc. The networks and studios have turned into liberal homophobes, like Chelsea Handler and Stanley Tucci. They think they can be done with gay men because of Will & Grace and Glee. We really deserve better, and it's sad we won't ever get to see it.

by Anonymousreply 289February 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Liberal homophobes? LOL. Guess you're trying to convince us that conservatives are pro gay

by Anonymousreply 290February 8, 2021 2:44 AM

I was watching the soap "Pobol y Cwm", and in at the moment that they tried to make the established gay character straight I instantly gave up...

Could anyone recommend a TV show or soap (with gay male characters/storyline) without this homophobic nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 291February 8, 2021 4:55 AM

R291 they seemed to have moved past that with Iolo.

by Anonymousreply 292February 8, 2021 9:43 AM

R291 Hollyoaks (broadcasts on American Hulu, three weeks after airing in GB) has many Gay male characters, although something in the water there makes the whole town quite fluid and formerly straight characters can become Gay overnight and Gay characters might dabble in or even have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, but there not anything like a conversion therapy storyline going on yet. These two twins who seem Gay as a three dollar bill have just announced they are joining the show, so it will be interesting to see what’s up. If they are being brought on to seduce Romeo, I’m all for it.

by Anonymousreply 293February 8, 2021 2:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 8, 2021 2:58 PM

R294 What do they say here, they look like they are aroused by the smell of baked goods?

by Anonymousreply 295February 8, 2021 3:00 PM

They aren't twins. The short one is several years older than the tall one. Both are ballroom dancers. Neither has any acting experience.

by Anonymousreply 296February 8, 2021 4:26 PM

but they are going to be playing twins on Hollyoaks

by Anonymousreply 297February 8, 2021 4:28 PM

R291 In the end, they used it as arc for Iolo to declare that he's totally gay, and showed how foolish the frau was to think that she could be in some kind of relationship with him, even if it were to be a non-sexual one as she later suggested. Personally, I think it was meant to show how close some people (characters) got during the COVID lockdown. We have seen other relationship changes shown like this due to lockdown on the other UK soaps. Prime example: Honey and Jay on EastEnders.

by Anonymousreply 298February 8, 2021 8:07 PM

R295 I know the one Pritchard brother (Curtis) announced he was open to having a relationship with a guy with the press using the word "fluid."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299February 8, 2021 8:43 PM

wonder if either will be gay on Hollyoaks?

by Anonymousreply 300February 8, 2021 8:50 PM

[quote] There will never be a show where gay men are treated with the same respect as straights, lesbians, trans, etc.

You don't watch a lot of TV then. There are plenty of shows like that. Shameless currently has two of its main cast being gay, Ian and Debbie, both with same sex partners, they get as much airtime, if not more than the others, and that's just one example. 13 Reasons Why had gay characters from season one and they were written just like the others, it went as far as having three gay relationships by the end of the last season, even Miles Heizer's character turned out to be gay too.

by Anonymousreply 301February 14, 2021 8:21 AM

R301 Stop playing dumb. We are not saying gay characters were never a thing on tv, just that they were far fewer than lesbians and trans. Also, at this current moment we don't really have any substantial gay characters on screen. Yes, we have a few barely there gays who never get a love life, aka Kevin on Riverdale and Ambrose who they straightwashed on Sabrina. But any gay characters with screentime and a love life? Nope. We don't have that now, at least not in the US. I blame the LGBT organizations that turned their backs on gay men, calling them misogynistic and transphobic and blaming gays for everything that is wrong in the world. There's definitely a hate towards gay men now. Everyone worships lesbians and trans, hence all the characters on tv. We don't have many gays on tv due to the homophobic American society. Even liberals have turned their backs on gays. Hollywood hates gays now. Thank god for other countries that realize gays are still a minority, unlike America. If I want to watch gay storylines I'll watch foreign tv shows, like the UK soaps.

by Anonymousreply 302February 14, 2021 8:48 AM

Cry me a river....

And the award for the most oppressed is.....

R302!

Congratulations! You win, uh...You win!

by Anonymousreply 303February 14, 2021 9:04 AM

[quote] Stop playing dumb. We are not saying gay characters were never a thing on tv, just that they were far fewer than lesbians and trans.

That's not what the comment said at all. it said that gays will never be treated with the same respect as straight, etc which is a lie, given the examples and many more.

by Anonymousreply 304February 14, 2021 9:12 AM

it needs to be said that for almost two seasons, the gay relationship of Ian and Mickey was the most popular plot in Shameless. Their sex scenes as outrageous and sexy as that of any other character.

by Anonymousreply 305February 14, 2021 9:15 AM

[quote] Also, at this current moment we don't really have any substantial gay characters on screen. Yes, we have a few barely there gays who never get a love life, aka Kevin on Riverdale and Ambrose who they straightwashed on Sabrina. But any gay characters with screentime and a love life?

Maybe you should pick your shows better. There are plenty.

by Anonymousreply 306February 14, 2021 9:19 AM

I can't believe that the US version of Shameless is still running, do they follow the original series closely or has it diverged to become its own thing now? Mind you, the original had 11 series by the time it finished some 8 years ago so it was almost a soap...

by Anonymousreply 307February 14, 2021 10:40 AM

R306 No, there's not. Name current (aka not finished/canceled) tv shows where gays get both screen time and a love life. Only American please. I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 308February 14, 2021 12:58 PM

“ There's definitely a hate towards gay men now. ”

You can’t seriously claim there is more hatred towards gay men than there was in the past.

by Anonymousreply 309February 14, 2021 2:10 PM

I had always hoped on Shameless that when they said Fiona turned Officer Tony gay that he'd end up with Ian

by Anonymousreply 310February 14, 2021 2:33 PM

R308 Tarlos on 9-1-1 Lone Star is the only one I can think of. Though their screen time probably could still be better.

by Anonymousreply 311February 14, 2021 4:44 PM

I noticed that no one here’s mentioned developments on Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist this past week with its mid season finale. They’ve been tackling a quite intense racism storyline as of late, and when one of the characters went off script and expressed the inherent racism at the tech company during a press conference the main character urged one of the most extreme jokester brodudes, who is Indian American, to support his colleague by expressing how “other” and “outsider” he felt as a Brown person. She learned of this through her superpower of people singing just to her when he did a very good rendition of “Tears of a Clown.” He declined her suggestion, but then that night came out as a gay man online supporting his colleague and feeling marginalized at the company. This lead to a worldwide support of other diverse peoples in the company and gave the founder something to take to the board to demand work place changes.

Good or bad, this character didn’t really have many allusions being gay up until this point and it was a surprise, he was more made out to be a player, but that was all more about him covering up who he really was to be accepted. The episode did end with one of his coworkers, who has sported a bisexual flag on his bike helmet, asking him out for a drink and him accepting. So now the show has a gay man, a bisexual man and the non-binary character Alex Newell plays who is romantically attracted to men.

I hate watched this all last year, and even started the season two thread, but my hate watching and enjoying instead has gotten much evolved over this season. And of course the chance to watch Skylar Astin sing, and sometimes be shirtless, which he is doing more of this season, is always a big draw.

by Anonymousreply 312February 14, 2021 5:08 PM

What’s up with the gay brother played by the deliciousness that is Keegan Allen on the Texas Walker Ranger reboot? Is he getting good storylines and prominently featured, I think he has a partner too?

by Anonymousreply 313February 14, 2021 5:10 PM

R302 is such a liar. Liberals haven't turned their backs on gays, you're just a lying conservative looking for stuff to bitch about. You fucking gay conservatives complain when non-white people claim to be underrepresented in the media and say they're playing the victim....but then you turn around and do the same thing

by Anonymousreply 314February 14, 2021 5:13 PM

Riven and Dane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 14, 2021 9:34 PM

The gay fire fighter on the Grey's Anatomy spinoff gets his share of romance and drama, and so do the two gay doctors on Grey's Anatomy, although admittedly not as much as the main cast

by Anonymousreply 316February 15, 2021 12:46 AM

Did somebody just name Shameless as a show that treats gay people the same as the straight characters? Lmao isn't Ian's longest and most explicit sex scene with a woman despite being gay? Also that said, this show made both gay characters sleep with women, but not the other way around. If you guys truly believe that Shameless is a good example for gay representation, then you guys(Americans) are fucked

by Anonymousreply 317February 15, 2021 2:47 AM

I haven't seen anyone mention the "Lev Malinovsky" character on Casualty (UK). His story started sometime last year, and I think it got delayed because of the filming hiatus due to COVID. But it's picked up again since the show returned in January. The video from below are clips from last year and don't include the lastest. In summary, Lev and his wife, Faith, were at at odds over their son's cancer treatment. At some point, he joined a gay chat/dating app and met a guy named Xander, whom he confided in, and they hooked up. His affair was exposed by another guy, Dylan, who likes his wife. In last week's episode Faith decided to try to salvage her marriage to Lev and give him another chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318February 15, 2021 8:20 PM

Tarlos on 911 Lone Star get very little screen time. The gay character on Station 19 spent forever without a love life. When he first got a boyfriend they shipped him off, so now he's single again. Oh, and the lesbos on Station 19 got much more explicit scenes than the gay characters. Don't even get me started on Shameless. They had the gays sleep with women. 911 (the original) has a gay character but he is very minor and he never even got a gay kiss. The show has had several gay plots, but not once depicted a gay kiss. Plenty of steamy lesbian scenes though... of course. Riverdale ditched Kevin when they made the red head a lesbian. They made Ambrose straight on Sabrina. So yes... I stand by my original opinion. American tv shows are terrible when it comes to gay (male) representation.

by Anonymousreply 319February 16, 2021 7:28 AM

Most entertainment panders to various demographics to get them to watch their programming. That's not new.

If you want more gay entertainment, support gay entertainment instead of shitting on its current state.

by Anonymousreply 320February 16, 2021 7:51 AM

That is such a defeatist attitude though. Lesbian/bi women get so much better representation and they also belong on the minority, why can't gay/bi men have the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 321February 16, 2021 8:38 AM

r331, congrats. Your whining solved the problem. All gay entertainment needed to flourish and prosper was your comment.

by Anonymousreply 322February 16, 2021 8:49 AM

Fuck, r321, of course.

by Anonymousreply 323February 16, 2021 8:52 AM

From the top of my head, the American shows have a prominent or lead gay male characters who are in happy and healthy relationships. However they may not have enough cock on full display for some: 1. Schitt's Creek, Netflix 2. Brooklyn 99, NBC 3. Bonding, Netflix 4. Grace and Frankie, Netflix 5. How to get away with a murder, ABC 6. Shadowhunters, Freeform 7. Tiny Pretty Things, Netflix 8. Love, Hector, Freeform

by Anonymousreply 324February 16, 2021 10:29 AM

First of all R324, most of those shows aren't even on anymore. Second, technically Schitt's Creek is Canadian. Also, it's Love, Victor on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 325February 16, 2021 1:44 PM

R324 Also, while I love the character of Holt on B99, his character may as well be asexual.

by Anonymousreply 326February 16, 2021 1:47 PM

I like Animal Kingdom. The show will be back for season 5 in the summer

by Anonymousreply 327February 16, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote] The gay character on Station 19 spent forever without a love life. When he first got a boyfriend they shipped him off, so now he's single again.

From his IG today, the actor who plays Emmett (Lachlan Buchanan) seems to indicate that his character will be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328February 16, 2021 6:49 PM

R322 I'm not whining, I'm stating a fact. How else do you think people solve problems if you want people to shut up about merely discussing issues?

by Anonymousreply 329February 16, 2021 8:03 PM

Also you just admitted that there was indeed a problem when you tried gaslighting the guy who said there's inequality in gay representation in media lmao

by Anonymousreply 330February 16, 2021 8:08 PM

Connor from The Fosters is going to be on that spin off

by Anonymousreply 331February 16, 2021 8:47 PM

Good Trouble is terrible when it comes with it's gay male relationships.

by Anonymousreply 332February 17, 2021 1:37 AM

[quote] Lmao isn't Ian's longest and most explicit sex scene with a woman despite being gay?

No it isn't. Ian and Mickey have many explicit sex scenes, with beeds, fucking, sucking, etc. You clearly don't watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 333February 19, 2021 5:49 PM

It's a Sin is now on HBO Max

by Anonymousreply 334February 19, 2021 7:40 PM

NPR just reviewed this here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335February 19, 2021 7:53 PM

R332, explain

by Anonymousreply 336February 19, 2021 8:30 PM

R336 Gael, the only major male character who isn't straight (he's bisexual), has never been able to maintain a relationship with a man for more than a few episodes before sleeping with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 337February 19, 2021 8:41 PM

HBO’s ‘Genera+ion’, which stars out actor Justice Smith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 11, 2021 9:06 PM

It's been hinted at for awhile, but the "Mackenzie Boyd" character on Emmerdale let it be known on Friday episode that "he's whatever he wants to be" (sexually).

But what Mack finds attractive about resident gay, Aaron, is rather a mystery. Mack's been flirting up a storm with surly Aaron for the last few episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 29, 2021 12:47 AM

^^^ Also, they had Mackenzie out on the road in his underwear on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 29, 2021 1:53 AM

I don't watch MOM---but when I see commercials about it I can tell it's about a group of over 40 lesbians...I assume MOM is the leader of the pack?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 29, 2021 2:03 AM

R341 Not sure what this has to do about shows with gay MALE characters

by Anonymousreply 342March 29, 2021 3:13 AM

R342 = I didn't know if Alison Janney was trans....So I rolled the dice. My bad?....LoL

by Anonymousreply 343March 29, 2021 3:26 AM

I've heard that there are those who hope they get together r340 because they feel Aaron has better chemistry with Mckenzie than Ben.

by Anonymousreply 344March 29, 2021 12:32 PM

R344 It seems as if Ben is a non-entity at this point. The character hasn't been seen since Jan. 6th.

by Anonymousreply 345March 29, 2021 5:12 PM

There's a new Spanish language drama at Netflix called ¿Quién mató a Sara? (Who Killed Sara?) with a gay couple involved.

Eugenio Siller plays one of the guys.

And ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 1, 2021 8:56 PM

... this youtube channel is clipping the scenes between "Chema y Lorenzo".

No English captions, but there appears to be some nakedness and sex in subsequent episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 1, 2021 8:59 PM

Conrad Ricamora and Christopher J Hanke on The Resident

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348April 14, 2021 6:16 AM

Jeopardy

by Anonymousreply 349April 14, 2021 6:19 AM

Good Morning America

by Anonymousreply 350April 14, 2021 6:36 AM

I don't know what this is, found it on tiktok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 1, 2021 10:10 AM

Found this gay storyline on Youtube. I think it's from Argentina due to the accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 1, 2021 10:13 AM

Tyler Perry's The Oval has a gay storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 1, 2021 10:15 AM

The Bay is a British crima drama. Season 2 has a couple of minor gay storylines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 1, 2021 10:16 AM

(R353) yea it does and both guys are hot as hell lol

by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Cruel Summer has revealed that there’s a Gay couple this week Vince and Ben, the best friend of one of the female leads and the best friend of the boyfriend played by Froy.

They covertly went to a gay bar (1990s Texas) and though they were underage the bartender doesn’t kick them out and they sweetly close dance.

by Anonymousreply 356May 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Merli Sapre Aude season 2 episodes have been released and spoiler alert 📢 🚨 the head writer decided to give someone an STD.

by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2021 11:27 AM

R346 The openly gay character will start having a sexual relantionship with a woman in the next season, for the self hating and fetishist DLers it will be good, I will don't watch anymore after that.

R353 I'm honestly shocked that Tyler Perry still don't have the gay characters fucking women yet, I'm watching.

by Anonymousreply 358May 3, 2021 10:51 PM

A gay police detective on The Nevers, a Victorian era supernatural show on HBO. There are going to be 6 episodes of the season and 4 episodes in and I'm still waiting to see if he ever fucks another guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 6, 2021 4:03 AM

"Leonard" with Aidan Turner as Leonardo da Vinci. They never go too deeply into it but he does have flings with men in it.

by Anonymousreply 360May 6, 2021 5:15 AM

R359, does he at least get a boyfriend on the show?

by Anonymousreply 361May 6, 2021 3:27 PM

R359 Too bad he's not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 362May 6, 2021 7:34 PM

This is hopeful news, two Silvera adaptations for TV series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Nancy Drew gets gay billionaire Tom Swift episode, which may lead to a spin off series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 7, 2021 3:43 AM

It just dawned on me that there has never been a gay teen TV series in which all the protagonists are gay/lesbian/bi. Technically if this Adam Silvera book ends up being produced, it will be the first one.

Great book btw, very sad but good.

by Anonymousreply 365May 7, 2021 3:49 AM

r363 Oh, great 🙄. Hollywood just can't produce a project without gay people dying or being miserable. No shock this is probably the only major gay movie that will get made for a couple of years, and that all the gay parts will be played by breeders.

r364 CW has become nothing more than cheap, horribly written skinemax in primetime. And all the gay men are played by straights. If they're so committed to diversity as they say they are, they can do better.

by Anonymousreply 366May 7, 2021 3:49 AM

R366 At least the guy playing Tom Swift is bisexual in real life

by Anonymousreply 367May 7, 2021 3:58 AM

I don’t care about the orientation of The actors. I just want nonstereotypical representations

by Anonymousreply 368May 7, 2021 3:58 AM

Any gay/bi male actor who is a extreme TRA don't deserve any role. I have preference for the straight playing gays just because of that, most of them is not into "non-binary" and trans crap.

by Anonymousreply 369May 7, 2021 4:12 AM

Trans crap? LOL. You sound like a bigoted Republican, they talk the same way about gays. Most straight actors are liberal, they don't watch Fox News all day like you.

by Anonymousreply 370May 8, 2021 6:40 PM

R370 Fox News, bigoted republican?? You think so black & white for projecting this stupidity on others, get out of your bubble.

You can be a lot liberal as much you can be against the extreme tr00n activism and the tr00n tyranny (I know a lot)

My point is that straight actors regardless of their political beliefs is more quieter in that issue.

And you sound like a simple-minded cunt.

by Anonymousreply 371May 8, 2021 10:15 PM

r371, take your meds, hon.

by Anonymousreply 372May 8, 2021 10:18 PM

R371, you're the one who wants to take opportunities away from gay actors. On a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 373May 8, 2021 11:28 PM

Did anyone mention Shadow and Bone on Netflix? Kit Young playing Jesper gets his, erm, kit off with a stable lad in episode 5 or 6.

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2021 5:43 PM

Fox's Hannity interviews with Miz Lindz nightly.

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2021 5:56 PM

In the latest episode of Nancy Drew the gay lead of the forthcoming ND spin-off is introduced. The character is named Tom Swift and is played by Tian Richards.

by Anonymousreply 376May 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Zachary Quinto and Billy Porter are going to be voicing a gay couple on the upcoming Proud Family reboot on Disney+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377May 13, 2021 1:50 PM

High School Musical The Musical The Series season 2 just started streaming on Disney+ and features a young gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 15, 2021 3:22 AM

R33 Finally decided to watch Coroner since I was bored. Finished the first 2 seasons since those are all that have aired in the US. The show itself is not bad but not great. I like the fact that the gay characters were gradually introduced as a couple over the first few episodes. They don't have a lot of screen time unfortunately but from what time they have isn't bad and they actually kiss and show affection. Only issue is that the boyfriend Matteo doesn't really have much in the way of character. His only reason for being on the show is that he's Ross's boyfriend. At least they're not stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 379May 31, 2021 5:24 AM

There's a new mini-series by German broadcaster (ARD) that was released for streaming in May called "All You Need" (five episodes).

Not sure why it has an English title, yet only in German at the ARD website. For the record, I've had no problem playing the episodes there, so if you understand spoken German or can read German subtitles that should be available.

But it looks like the nice guy who puts up the gay storylines in Emmerdale will be putting the episodes up. He says he's using google for the English subtitles, so warns that their could be errors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380June 12, 2021 7:48 AM

Just noticed that Telemundo (U.S.A) is airing a current telenovela (M-F 10pm) called "Café con aroma de mujer" (English title: The Scent of Passion).

There's some kind of gay storyline going on between the characters "Bernardo & Carlos."

I know English captions are available on the nightly broadcast (via CC3) as well as the streaming version at NBC.com

In the episode below via youtube (no English captions), Bernardo is the closeted one in the glasses. Carlos thought he was sending out signals and goes in for a kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 30, 2021 7:50 AM

The new Chucky show on SyFy/USA will have a teen gay male character

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 27, 2021 9:46 PM

It looks like the Welsh soap "Pobol y Cym" could be adding another gay character named "Ryan."

Iolo and Tyler recently reconciled and are living together with their daughter again, but the relationship appears fragile, and Iolo has been questioning things (as he's prone to do.) Meanwhile, Tyler is both anxious and pre-occupied with his sister's disappearance and possible kidnapping. A spoiler now reads:

[quote] Iolo meets Ryan, who is delivering books for Sion, and soon enough he makes an impression.

With bisexual Eifion and Aled, the young man whom Tyler had his affair and subsequent failed relationship with, both still in the village, that would make five.

by Anonymousreply 383July 30, 2021 8:21 AM

Haven't seen this one from India mentioned. I guess it's actually a web-TV series. It's showing up on youtube with English subtitles now. From Wikipedia:

[quote] His Storyy (alternatively titled His Story) is an Indian, Hindi-language romantic drama web series directed by Prashant Bhagia. It is an ALTBalaji and ZEE5 original, released on 25 April 2021. It stars Satyadeep Mishra, Priyamani Raj, and Mrinal Dutt in the lead roles. The series was produced by Tanveer Bookwala and Ding Entertainment, and was written by Suparn Verma and Ritu Bhatia. The series revolves around the life of Sakshi, Kunal and his lover Preet and the social issue of acceptance of homosexuals by the society and family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2021 9:16 PM

On the reality front, "Married at First Sight UK" (Channel 4, All 4) featured it's first same-sex couple getting hitched without ever meeting or even seeing each other before.

I've never watched an episode of this series. It's rather strange to say the least. I had to laugh, though, when the younger Irish guy was walking down the aisle, and his father turned around and exclaimed, "My wee baby!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 5, 2021 11:03 PM

The Big Leap on Fox features multiple gay male characters, at least one of which is played by an actual gay actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 17, 2021 2:21 AM

The new animated show Chicago Party Aunt has two gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 387September 18, 2021 8:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!