Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid Vaccination: What did you get? Or planning to get?

Where are you in the process of scheduling you covid vaccination?

What vaccine did you get (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson&Johnson)? Another, offered in your country?

What side effects did you get?

by Anonymousreply 600May 26, 2021 1:51 AM

I want to take the JJ, but I cannot find anywhere that offers them. It is hard to schedule anywhere. Everywhere is booked up.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2021 1:05 AM

I got the first Moderna shot on 2/12 and the second on 3/12. No problems with either shot.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2021 1:09 AM

no side effects

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2021 1:10 AM

Pfizer

No side effects

First dose on 3/18, second will be on 4/9.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2021 1:14 AM

I got Phizer. First dose in January and 2nd in feb. no side effects

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2021 1:16 AM

should I try to get a Pfizer appointment? Or wait for the one shot JJ?

I was hoping for the JJ, since it is easier, one shot and your done. I am not finding anyone that is offering JJs?. The 2-part scheduling process is a mess too.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2021 1:16 AM

OP, if you're smart you'll take whatever is offered to you first. J&J, Moderna, or Pfizer, they're all proven effective.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2021 1:18 AM

I got Johnson and Johnson. I was happy to be one and done. No side effects. I did take the day after off so I could just sleep in and relax. I think that was a good decision for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2021 1:24 AM

I want the JJ too. I recently had surgery and was told I need to wait another month until I am more healed to get the vaccine. Right now in my state, all my co-workers got their first dose and it was Pfizer/Moderna. I am hoping in another month maybe the JJ will be available here.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2021 1:25 AM

I got Pfizer through Rite Aid last week. Surprised me because everyone I know who'd gone to Rite-Aid in March got Moderna. My second dose is April 10th.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2021 1:29 AM

I got my first shot of Pfizer juices. Can't wait to get the second shot next month and get on with my life. I may become a nudist.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2021 1:40 AM

I got two doses of the Moderna shots. Only side effects I had was soreness in my arm and some fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2021 1:42 AM

Pfizer: second dose came with flu like symptoms but only for a day.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2021 1:42 AM

I got the J&J as part of the trial. No side effects at all, so I was actually surprised to find out I got the real thing and not the placebo. The first Shingrix shot was worse, and even that wasn't so bad.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2021 1:44 AM

Moderna 1st dose 3/16 no issues except a sore arm. 2nd dose 4/13.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2021 1:44 AM

Moderna first dose yesterday at Walgreens. 2nd dose April 21st. Sore arm, but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2021 1:45 AM

I haven’t done this, but I’m curious...if you stretch the truth a bit to get an appointment, do they then demand proof or paperwork when you arrive? Do they ever turn anyone away if they suspect they’re jumping the line?

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2021 1:46 AM

I got my J&J one-shot vaccine on 3/22. Sore arm first day, was extremely tired the next day, sore arm couldn't sleep the whole night (but I was pretty blazed), today I'm still a little tired and my arm has a little tingliness from the shot. God willing, I'll be back to 100% tomorrow. Much more mild, yet slightly longer in duration than an average flu shot. I'm still following CDC guidelines for living, so I will be wearing multiple masks and other precautions until at least late summer. If the fourth wave happens, I'll be a shut-in geek for another year.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2021 1:48 AM

I'm scheduled to get the vaccine at the end of May but keep checking elsewhere for something sooner. I'll take whatever they have.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2021 1:49 AM

r17 My 18 year old nephew went in for it recently and they did question him a bit but he had a note from work (it is a family manufacturing business). It was because of his age, if you are at least 40 they won't question and won't care if you have a note or not.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2021 1:50 AM

R17 here in Connecticut you must have ID with you.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2021 1:52 AM

R17 when I was checking in I had to show them the appointment confirmation on my phone and give them my license and insurance card (there is no charge so don’t know if the government bills back the insurance companies). I was not asked for proof that I qualified for the vaccine. However most of the other people registering were uninsured and they were asked for proof of eligibility.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2021 1:53 AM

Pfizer - first shot 3/6; 2nd this Saturday. Not even a sore arm. I wonder what the second shot will bring...

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2021 1:54 AM

Anyone else hear the the vaccine is not effective with the Brazil P1variant??? Heard on talk radio and did a quick google search with some saying it is definitely more difficult to treat.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2021 1:56 AM

I had my first Pfizer 2 days ago. My arm is a bit sore, and I’m pretty draggy. I don’t feel bad, really, just a little lethargic. 2nd one is in 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2021 1:59 AM

Got first dose of Pfizer 3/23 at a mass vaccination clinic operated by National Guardsmen in Cleveland Ohio. Left me with very sore arm and achy back, neck and shoulders for 48 hours. Pleased to know I have a strong immune response, aren't you all jealous?

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2021 2:03 AM

Pfizer. First dose a few days ago. 2nd one is scheduled 3 weeks from that.

No side effects other than slight tenderness at the jab location and mild fatigue a couple of days afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2021 2:03 AM

R17, Walgreens just had me check a box on a form as to what made me eligible. They asked no questions and asked for no documentation. They never even asked for my ID.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2021 2:03 AM

R26 Im curious - what would you think would evoke jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2021 2:04 AM

r29, I was joking, but they say the younger and more vital you are, the more adverse the side effects tend to be.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2021 2:08 AM

R26 is under the false impression that the greater the side effects one experiences (immune system response) post vaccination, the greater the efficacy of your vaccine against Covid-19.

How the body reacts to a vaccination is no indication whatsoever as to its effectiveness.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2021 2:12 AM

I called a person to schedule my appointment bc I was eligible. I called the phone number and the person told be to be patient and wait my turn, and did not make an appointment for me. I am so pissed.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2021 2:15 AM

r31, I never said the vaccine was more effective with greater side effects. I said greater side effects are an indication of youth and vitality.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2021 2:15 AM

1st shot this week. Moderna. Slightly sore arm, that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2021 2:16 AM

Pfizer. My 2nd is in two weeks. Felt fine afterwards, had cold symptoms the next day including what felt like blocked ears. I also felt tired in a beat up way. The cold symptoms and ears cleared up by afternoon, the tired/beat up feeling continued for a couple of days. I was fine after that.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2021 2:18 AM

R33 Your post at R26 strongly infers it. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2021 2:21 AM

r36, your post strongly infers you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2021 2:22 AM

in my area (republican), there are younger, healthy people who have been vaccinated, while elderly and sick people struggle to find one. How can this be possible?

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2021 2:23 AM

r36, by the way, learn the different between "infer" and "imply".

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2021 2:24 AM

86 here. Both Pfizer shots, no after-effects ever.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2021 2:26 AM

[R40] that's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2021 2:27 AM

Got my 2nd Pfizer today. So far no ill effects, but it may be too soon to be sure. Two more weeks and I’ll be free!

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2021 3:07 AM

Got the J&J shot today. No side effects

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2021 3:21 AM

My rheumatologist told me to not take my weekly dose of methotrexate for 2 weeks after the first shot and 1 week after the 2nd dose. I had no side effects after dose 1 and hope that dose 2 is also easy. Pfizer vaccine. He said that I shouldn't have any negative effects with the rheumatic pain and swelling since I have been on the methotrexate for a couple of years and have some protection. Anyone else have RA who cares to comment?

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2021 3:30 AM

Pfizer. Both shots each time I was tired on days three and four.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2021 3:31 AM

Moderna. Bad experience. IT TASTED HORRIBLE! I asked for a Pfizer chaser or at least a single shot of Johnson and Johnson to take the taste away.But nooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2021 3:32 AM

I had my first Moderna shot last Thursday, a week ago today. No noticeable side effects except slightly sore arm. However, on Sunday afternoon I felt so drowsy I had to take a two hour nap. It may have been the glass of wine I had with lunch though.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2021 3:37 AM

2nd vaccination of Moderna next Monday

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2021 3:45 AM

J&J - soreness at the injection site for a few days was the only side effect.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2021 3:56 AM

Pfizer, felt really tired a few hours after the second dose but that’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2021 3:58 AM

Pfizer. Tender to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2021 4:10 AM

Moderna first jab - sore arm and fatigue for 2 days. Will get second one on 4/7.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2021 4:14 AM

[quote]What did you get?

None of the above.

[quote]Or planning to get?

Once there is real-world data that the fuckers actually do something, whatever they want to jab me with.

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2021 4:17 AM

Got the first of two Moderna shots. No soreness, but I have been told to be prepared for side effects from the second (headache, possible nausea, body aches, chills, lethargy).

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2021 4:22 AM

I got my first jab of Pfizer on 12/23. I had some pain in my arm, bad enough that it woke me up once, but it wasn't horrible. My second jab was 1/14 and was actually better. It was like a mild flu shot.

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2021 4:23 AM

Pfizer- insomnia. Happened to another friend.

by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] (there is no charge so don’t know if the government bills back the insurance companies)

Yes, if you have insurance they are billed for it. If you have no insurance the government pays for the vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2021 1:07 AM

Just got my first dose of Moderna this morning.

Mild soreness around the injection and I feel slightly high, which I’m enjoying.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2021 1:19 AM

Just got Pfizer #2 this morning. I'll be waiting to see if I notice any side effects tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2021 9:23 PM

Just got Pfizer No. 1. Feel a bit lightheaded. I’m really impressed with how efficient this process has been so far. What a huge undertaking, getting the vaccine out to the whole world!

I don’t envy CVS employees once they start handing it out to little kids, imagine all the screaming and crying.

by Anonymousreply 60March 30, 2021 3:35 PM

I got Moderna, sore arm at the injections sight and very tired...but no much sleep as my mother passed away the day before. It's been a tough couple of days!

by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm a vaccine virgin...nothing yet. Probably will be later when appointments are easier to get. I'll take whatever is given.

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2021 3:44 PM

I've been having wild and intense dreams ever since I got my first shot of Pfizer. I wake up exhausted and upset. Is anyone else experiencing intense dreams since being vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2021 3:44 PM

R61...I'm sorry about your mother.

by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2021 3:50 PM

I just had my second. Pfizer. No side affects (effects?)

by Anonymousreply 65March 30, 2021 4:04 PM

Got the 2 doses of Moderna. Only a sore arm with the 1st dose, have had after-effects dragging on with the second: dizzyness, tired, achy. Annoying but not debilitating. But I know 4 people who also had the 2 Moderna doses and they only had a sore arm for a day.

by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2021 4:07 PM

I had some side effects the next day -- a low-grade fever, splitting headache, body aches, slight nausea. But it was only for that one day and I feel fine now.

Glad I got it over with.

by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2021 4:10 PM

Pfizer #1 : Deep pain at the injection area in tricep radiating into shoulder blade. Headache and lethargy the next day. Some stomach distress. From vaccine? I don’t know...after 36 hours I felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2021 4:12 PM

I just drank some bleach

by Anonymousreply 69March 30, 2021 4:15 PM

Only the elite get Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 70March 30, 2021 4:36 PM

R64, thank you. It is always hard losing a parent but a mother seems to be worse...

by Anonymousreply 71March 30, 2021 6:51 PM

I got the first shot of the Madonna vaccine this morning, and Get Into The Groove started playing on the radio on the way home, so apparently it's not fully effective until the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 72March 30, 2021 8:18 PM

Got 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday. My arms is still very sore, but no fevers.

by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2021 8:21 PM

R44. I was told by the Pharmacist and my Rheumatologist to not stop taking Methotrexate. I told the Pharmacist that I was told to stop MTX for two weeks after getting the Pneumonia-23 vaccine last October. She said that is because the Pneumonia-23 is a live vaccine whereas the Covid vaccines are not live.

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2021 9:19 PM

R60. I believe the plan is to hand off the 12 and under vaccine responsibilities to Pediatricians.

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2021 9:21 PM

R75 I got my 2nd vaccination from a pediatrician who was volunteering at the vaccination center.

by Anonymousreply 76March 30, 2021 9:27 PM

Did you get his number, R76?

by Anonymousreply 77March 30, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] Pfizer. Tender to the touch.

Maybe your fibromyalgia is kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 78March 30, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote] I was told by the Pharmacist and my Rheumatologist to not stop taking Methotrexate.

They’re right. What kind of medical professionals would they be if they didn’t suggest you stop doing meth?

by Anonymousreply 79March 30, 2021 9:31 PM

R72, consider yourself very lucky.

It could’ve been La Isla Bonita!

by Anonymousreply 80March 30, 2021 9:32 PM

I had my first Pfizer on 3/25 at Walmart. My second is on 4/16. I am not sure how many people know that Walmart might be doing vaccines in many areas now. Based on what I heard while I was there it was the first day they were doing it at this Supercenter. And you could tell. They had people standing in line for Covid, Flu vaccines and dropping off prescriptions together. Anyway they asked what qualified me and I said Rheumatoid Arthritis and did not get asked for proof. They asked for ID and insurance card. I signed a form giving them permission to share the information with the CDC. I also confirmed that they will send my Primary the information about me getting the vaccine. Two people said yes. The way I understand the insurance deal is that pharmacies get reimbursed for what they do. The shot was a breeze. The side effect was a tiny area of soreness for a couple days. In fact I had a punch biopsy done at a Dermatologist the next morning. The area of injection was sore whereas the area where a chunk of meat was taken out and stitched up does not hurt at all. And it was the same arm.

by Anonymousreply 81March 30, 2021 9:37 PM

Had my first Pfizer yesterday, felt fine at first but today my arm hurts and I’m kinda tired. Got it through my doctor's office - they set up a separate vaccination site and that place was like an assembly line. Three people to greet and check you in, at least 20 nurses giving shots, and 6 people staffing the check-out area. I had to sit for 30 minutes because I’m allergic to shrimp, but nothing happened. The old battle ax nurse who jabbed me said she had given 50 shots so far that day, and she had set the record with 87 the day before.

by Anonymousreply 82March 30, 2021 9:43 PM

I’m not a fan of CVS but I have to say their online appointment scheduler was fast and easy and let you set up both appointments at once. I did have to try multiple times to get appointments but the secret seemed to be try early in the morning and keep refreshing the app.

by Anonymousreply 83March 30, 2021 9:54 PM

I got mine at Albertson's, which is my regular pharmacy. I looked on the website at 11:00 am and had my choice of same-day appointments. This was the second day of everyone being able to get it, so I guess people don't know. It was Moderna, btw.

by Anonymousreply 84March 30, 2021 10:25 PM

Pfizer. Thursday morning, at a pop up clinic sponsored by the local health department. Which means I should probably be fully immunized by mid-May, but I'm still going to keep wearing a mask and social distancing until the plague is over because I'm not a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 85March 30, 2021 10:51 PM

You’re basically an anti-vaxxer, R85. Your posturing on behavior once fully vaccinated is going to turn off people who might be skeptical about the vaccine. And THEY are the biggest concern here. Not vaccine-resistant variants, not infection in fully vaccinated individuals, and certainly not spread from a fully vaccinated person to the unvaccinated.

You might think you’re doing the right thing here by signaling your un-cuntiness, but you’re doing harm.

by Anonymousreply 86March 30, 2021 10:58 PM

I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday at Walgreens. Today the injection site is very mildly sore.

A strange thing happened when I was going through the process. The guy who checked me in, before handing me the form to fill out, filled in one of the answers. When I looked to see what he had done, he answered yes to the question of if I had ever received the antibody treatment. I haven't. When the nurse reviewed my form she asked about that answer I told her the it had been filled in by the check-in guy. She went to ask him about it, and I overheard him deny that he had done it. When she returned, I said loudly enough to be overheard that I had watched him do it right in front of me and wondered why he had done it, and why he lied about it.

by Anonymousreply 87March 30, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote]Got first dose of Pfizer 3/23 at a mass vaccination clinic operated by National Guardsmen in Cleveland Ohio. Left me with very sore arm and achy back, neck and shoulders for 48 hours.

Sounds like it was worth it!

How many of those Guardsmen fucked you?

by Anonymousreply 88March 30, 2021 11:17 PM

That is bizarre, R87. Did she then furrow her brow and continue with the process, or were you given a new form to fill out? Whom did she believe, you or him? Because why would you have checked that box for no reason and then lie about it?

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2021 11:21 PM

I heard all the BEST people are getting Moderna

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2021 11:23 PM

I love you, r88! ❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 91March 30, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote]You’re basically an anti-vaxxer, [R85]. Your posturing on behavior once fully vaccinated is going to turn off people who might be skeptical about the vaccine. And THEY are the biggest concern here. Not vaccine-resistant variants, not infection in fully vaccinated individuals, and certainly not spread from a fully vaccinated person to the unvaccinated. You might think you’re doing the right thing here by signaling your un-cuntiness, but you’re doing harm.

No, you're a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 92March 30, 2021 11:29 PM

Full disclosure: I CANNOT take credit for this since I didn’t write it originally, but it’s too good not to use here and I was waiting for the original poster, but apparently he didn’t see this thread.

[quote]I got the Aldi store brand vaccine.

[quote]—Frugal shopper

by Anonymousreply 93March 30, 2021 11:29 PM

You’re helping to prolong the epidemic, R92, with your scientific illiteracy and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 94March 30, 2021 11:48 PM

R89, she suggested that had misheard me when he asked whether I had had the antibody treatment, only he hadn't asked me that question. But I dropped it at that point because I was about to get jabbed, and that was my priority.

by Anonymousreply 95March 31, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote]I was about to get jabbed, and that was my priority.

*sigh*

I miss the pre-pandemic days.

by Anonymousreply 96March 31, 2021 1:01 AM

I got my first shot of Pfizer today down at the Piggly-Wiggly. I also picked up a honey-baked ham while I was there, since it's Easter Sunday this week and all.

by Anonymousreply 97March 31, 2021 1:37 AM

Well call me Miss Daisy, r97!

by Anonymousreply 98March 31, 2021 1:40 AM

After thinking I'd be the last person in America to get a vaccine who wanted it - as, even at the age of 64, I waited patiently after registering at a couple of places - the opportunity to get the J&J vaccine just fell into my lap. I was forwarded a text from a woman whose daughter worked across the hall from an office that was providing the J&J vaccine & it was open to anyone. I called on Tuesday, & got an appointment for today (open from 11-6). So far, no side effects.

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2021 11:50 PM

I got the Moderna two weeks ago. No effects whatsoever, not even soreness at the injection site. I'll get the second shot two weeks from now.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2021 11:55 PM

I got the Pfizer vaccine in January. No side effects at all. All vaccines are good,. I like that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine passed testing during high times of illness and were tested when variants were around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2021 12:33 AM

The nurse who jabbed me told me that people with the strongest immune systems tend to have the strongest side effects. More fragile immune systems tend to have few and milder side effects.

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2021 12:36 AM

Moderna - first shot on March 24th. Second scheduled for April 16th. First shot kicked my butt big time. Going to take day after second shot off because I won't be good for anything for 24 hours afterwards. Still, glad I'm getting them and grateful to my workplace for providing them on site, for free, so I didn't have to search online or make 800 phone calls to various pharmacies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2021 12:40 AM

I got both Pfizer shots this past month (March 7 & 30). My second shot was on Tuesday and the only side effect I've experienced thus far was soreness at the injection site, but that's mostly gone now. The soreness was a bit worse the second time than the first, but other than that, nothing inconvenient.

What is everyone doing with their vaccination record card?

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2021 12:46 AM

It should be laminated, R104. That’s what I plan to do with mine when I get my second dose.

by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2021 12:47 AM

I thought so too, but there was a poster on here that made the point that if there's a booster shot that comes down the pike in the next year, it might be good to add that record to the preexisting vaccination card, which wouldn't be possible if laminated.

by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2021 12:53 AM

R104 regarding my first vaccination card for my first dose I misplaced it and couldn’t find it for my second dose. When I showed up for my second dose they had me fill out the card and then they entered the lot number of the vaccine and the date and where I received the shot . Then when I got home I found my first card and transcribed the information on to it. These cards are easy to falsify so I’m not to worried about being a bonehead and having misplaced it initially. The lot numbers are verifiable and I also know that if I need to my primary care physician can give me a new card or suitable proof if I need it for travel etc... But people should laminate it and store it with their passport and important documents. R101

by Anonymousreply 107April 2, 2021 12:56 AM

They're now recommending instead of lamination, get a clear plastic sleeve (the kind you use for name tags at conferences, etc.) and put it in there instead. That way it can be easily removed if booster proof is needed in the future.

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2021 12:58 AM

I got my 2nd shot of Pfizer today. So far, no side effects. 👍

I read an article the other day that we might be required to present our vaccination cards to gain entry into certain venues (sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, etc.), so I bought a 4x3 plastic ID badge holder with lanyard.

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2021 12:58 AM

The nurse told me to take a photo of my vaccination card. That way it's always on my phone if something happens.

by Anonymousreply 110April 2, 2021 1:05 AM

That’s a good tip, R108. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 111April 2, 2021 1:20 AM

R77 it was a girl pediatrician. She was rather butch though.

by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote] and grateful to my workplace for providing them on site, for free,

All COVID vaccinations are free.

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2021 11:26 AM

That really is great advice, r108.

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2021 11:26 AM

R61, my sympathies about your mother. This has been an awful time to try and visit a loved one in a hospital. I lost my mother to cancer late February, and the hospital she was at would only let one person in the room with limited hours.

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2021 11:54 AM

Scan and/or take a photo of the card. I wouldn’t laminate it. I still have my original SS card which is 54 years old and a bit soft and faded but still intact (just like me).

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2021 12:46 PM

^it is bullshit that we have to have our original SSN cards. I know mine is floating around somewhere, and I will need it for a Real ID in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2021 12:54 PM

Had 2nd Pfizer yesterday. I feel like I have the flu.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2021 12:58 PM

R116, what's the problem with laminating it? My SS card is 44 years old, but worn and tattered because I accidentally left my wallet in my pants one time when doing laundry.

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote] what's the problem with laminating it?

Don’t bother reading the thread or anything to find your answer. Too much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Pfizer, second shot last week. No reaction to the first but slept 14 hours after the second.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2021 2:15 PM

Second Pfizer yesterday. Didn’t sleep very well at all last night, currently have an earache and am tired. The earache is the strangest part for me, started last night before bed and hasn’t stopped since.

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2021 2:22 PM

R120, thanks, that was helpful

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2021 2:24 PM

R86 is an obsessive loon posting his bullshit theories in every single vaccine thread. As if the people who are refusing the vaccine are doing so only after long consideration of whether getting the vaccine will mean they will only have to wear their mask for another month vs. two months, etc. People refusing the vaccine are already not following any mask mandates or any other protective directives. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2021 3:13 PM

JFC, r123, do you want us to read it for you?

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2021 3:21 PM

Is there an advantage to having the vaccine card laminated? Do we expect to be asked for it, similar to a driving license or passport?

by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2021 3:25 PM

This is exactly how I felt after my first shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2021 3:37 PM

J&J. Next day had a monster headache, sore arm, and slept most of the day. The following day felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2021 3:42 PM

R53 yeah I'm sure the vaccines don't do anything

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2021 3:45 PM

Just got first dose of Moderna this morning. Slight touch of nausea but worked out afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2021 3:54 PM

I finally got myself scheduled for my first vaccine. I registered in my state and got an email of a mega center in my area offering the shots. I think I'm getting the Pfizer one. I'm going this coming Thursday in the morning. I want to get this, but I'm a little nervous.

by Anonymousreply 131April 3, 2021 1:27 AM

Second Pfizer shot today, same symptoms as first: Nothing for a few hours, then fatigue/achy/get into bed for a few hours. Stiff neck and sore arm. As far as general misery, I've had worse colds.

by Anonymousreply 132April 6, 2021 5:35 AM

Why do people have to travel to get a vaccine, to a stadium or some huge place in another borough? Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me.

The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

One of my neighbors said Walgreens is offering the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 133April 6, 2021 5:55 AM

R133, the US is actually doing almost the best in the world at getting their huge population vaccinated. Doctor's offices do not have the cold storage needed for some of the vaccines. They also have a limited clientele. The majority of our citizens don't have their own doctors anyway. Do you think doctor's offices want to be overrun with people seeking the vaccine all of a sudden? It has to be centralized. Eventually, after the mass demand dies out, they will be given to doctor's offices. Right now, you'll have to travel a bit farther than a couple of blocks, R133.

And, yes, Walgreens, CVS, and other pharmacies across the country are giving vaccines through a partnership with the federal government.

by Anonymousreply 134April 6, 2021 6:15 AM

[quote]Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me. The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

In the U.S., we have to expect loons like you.

by Anonymousreply 135April 6, 2021 6:21 AM

[quote] Mild soreness around the injection and I feel slightly high, which I’m enjoying.

Yes - I felt high off the of the Pfizer vaccine, in a good way. I felt this euphoric feeling and was really chatty with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 136April 6, 2021 7:22 AM

Got Pfizer early (health care worker). I was dragging for days after the 1st shot, had a flu-like reaction Continued funky reaction following the 2nd dose. I often suffer reactions to medications.

by Anonymousreply 137April 6, 2021 7:34 AM

I got my first Moderna shot last week at Rite Aid. When I scheduled the appointment, I didn't know which vaccine they were going to give me, nor did I care by that point.

About 4-5 hours after the shot, I began feeling very sleepy but resisted the urge to take a nap (it was mid-afternoon), opting for a walk, which perked me up and got me through the afternoon/early evening. Definitely wanted to go to bed earlier than normal, and I slept like a friggin' ROCK! (which is not the norm). It was the most restful sleep I've had in ages, and I felt perfectly fine when I woke up the next morning. Except for the sore upper arm, of course, which lasted a couple days.

by Anonymousreply 138April 6, 2021 8:45 AM

Received second Pfizer dose last week. I was fine the day of injection but the next day had a slight fever, nausea, chills, muscle aches, fatigue and cold symptoms. It was nothing unbearable and essily dealt with by sleeping it off.

by Anonymousreply 139April 6, 2021 8:52 AM

Just got my first dose of Phizer. No side effects, but did wake up with a very sore injection site (arm) this morning.

Looking forward to my second one in 3.5 weeks. I just realized that the only people getting the shot were minorities, except for one elderly lady who was white.

Lol.

Living in a TRUMP County is great, because according to the lady who was injecting us, there aren’t too many people showing up for the shot, other than minorities.

As soon as appointments opened up I for my age group, I got an appointment easily, and I managed to get in there and get out pretty quickly without long lines or issues.

Glad I got it.

by Anonymousreply 140April 6, 2021 9:30 AM

I think I got the Madonna vaccine because it was past its expiration date and the doctor said it wasn't nearly as effective as it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 141April 6, 2021 9:43 AM

My condolences for the loss of your mother R61. That's a tough one to go through no matter when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote] it might be good to add that record to the preexisting vaccination card, which wouldn't be possible if laminated.

That was me. You can still laminate your card, just make sure whatever lamination process you use is not one that actually glues the laminate onto the surface of the card as you won't be able to cut the lamination off if we get a 3rd puncture at some point (unless the vaccination site can provide you with a new card listing all three punctures).

Home lamination machines (at least the ones I know of) don't stick the laminate to the card. They stick to each other on whatever amount of lip you leave around the edges of the card. That would okay to use as it would be easy to cut the card out.

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2021 10:02 AM

I’ve had all 3 vaccines. Yeah, that’s how I roll.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2021 11:53 AM

Yes R63 along with being fatigued and some arm soreness after Pfizer vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2021 12:03 PM

Also, you can buy a plastic card holder for the vaccine card.

by Anonymousreply 146April 6, 2021 12:39 PM

[quote]In the U.S., we have to expect loons like you.

That's not any sort of answer you imbecile.

If drug stores (Rite-Aid, Walgreens etc) can give out the vaccine, why can't appointments be made for people to receive the shots at their own doctor's office? Much in the same way people get their flu shots at their doctor's office, what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 147April 6, 2021 4:11 PM

Why don’t you ask your physician what s/he doesn’t have the vaccine at their office instead of an anonymous message board? I’m sure it’s something as simple as explained above, nothing nefarious.

And I’m sure part of that poster’s ire toward you had to do with your seeming neediness when we’ve all heard of people driving hours or across state just to get it, and you’re complaining because they’re not knocking on your damn door with a needle in their hand waiting for you to roll up your sleeve.

I know it pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 148April 6, 2021 5:02 PM

My bf has an appointment to get the JJ shot about 2 hours away. I feel like I should go with him for moral support and in case he starts to feel unwell on the ride home but it’s not a great time for me to take most of the workday off.

He went with me for my first Moderna shot, I will go on my own for the 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 149April 6, 2021 5:03 PM

That sucks, r149.

Sometimes life does that. Try not to let it get to you I’m sure he’ll be fine.

He’ll have to sit for 15 minutes anyway and if he was going to have a reaction it would usually happen in that timeframe, so I wouldn’t worry yourself.

You sound awesome, though.

by Anonymousreply 150April 6, 2021 5:07 PM

I have an appointment on April 20th for the Moderna vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 151April 6, 2021 5:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 6, 2021 5:10 PM

I got my 2nd moderna shot 5 days ago and there is still some pain in the arm that received the shot. Make sure it's in your non dominant.

by Anonymousreply 153April 6, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me. The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave. If you get it at a doctor's office, you have to wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, and then they want to take your blood pressure, weigh you, etc., so they can turn around and charge your insurance for an office visit. It's a big hassle.

by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote] It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave.

This is not true. They make you wait a minimum of 15 minutes and possibly more depending on your medical history and whether you’ve had allergic reactions to medication in the past.

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2021 8:53 PM

R154 is right. We were in and out in less than 45 mins at the local school hall. I’d hate to have to wait in a Doctors office and deal with all the people inevitable red tape and copay bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Just got my final Pfizer shot yesterday. First one I felt a little tired and my arm was both throbbing and numb in entirety. This then began to go about halfway down my back on and off for about a day and a half. Since yesterday, I've felt fine, just low grade fever. A few hours after the shot yesterday I did feel very tired but was unable for some reason to sleep. The night was spent restless, not sure why, I didn't feel bad, just couldn't sleep. So glad I'm done! Husband has same timeline as me. After first dose same symptoms, but his second dose has really taken him out. He's very sore, hot and cold flashes, low grade fever and he has been sleeping a lot.

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2021 11:05 PM

[quote] A few hours after the shot yesterday I did feel very tired but was unable for some reason to sleep. The night was spent restless, not sure why, I didn't feel bad, just couldn't sleep.

Me too!

I didn’t want to seem like I was blaming every little thing on the vaccine, but that seals the deal for me.

by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2021 11:10 PM

The first Pfizer shot made me high in a good way. I had a body high and was really talkative. I just chilled and watched movies. No reaction other than slightly sore at injection site, but was like a tetanus shot pain level and went away the next day. I am hoping to be as lucky with the second shot but I am taking the day off just in case.

by Anonymousreply 159April 7, 2021 1:55 AM

I got my Pfizer shots at a mobile vaccination clinic in Midtown LA. No lines. Just went in, got my shots (walk-in 3/11, appt 4/1), waited 15 minutes, then left. My parents, OTOH, got theirs at Kaiser, by appointment, but my mom had to push my dad in his wheelchair a long distance through the corridors and waited in a long line. Some appointment! They're both 80+ years old, and not in good health so it was a taxing experience, especially for mom.

by Anonymousreply 160April 7, 2021 2:52 AM

Got the J&J at the Javits Center last week.

by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2021 3:07 AM

Just got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. Super sleepy and the chills again this time around, but otherwise, no big deal. Just woke up about an hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2021 4:07 AM

I got Pfizer yesterday. Today, body aches like the worst flu I've ever had.

BUT I had Covid in January, and they say you may have a stronger response if you've already been infected. Plus, I have long Covid and have body aches every day anyway, so I wasn't too put out. I took a nap and they were gone after I woke up.

Some people with long Covid say their symptoms finally went away after they got the vaccine. I hope I can say the same. I'm worried that this virus is still in my body—or my body thinks the virus is still there—and it's causing damage, and who knows how that will manifest later.

by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2021 4:40 AM

I live in flyoverstan and I am getting the J&J vaccine Thursday in a rural county 40 minutes from my home in a midsized Midwestern city.

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote]It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave. If you get it at a doctor's office, you have to wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, and then they want to take your blood pressure, weigh you, etc., so they can turn around and charge your insurance for an office visit. It's a big hassle.

Why would you need to have your blood pressure and weight taken just to get a vaccine? I got my flu shot at my doctor's office, I wasn't charged for the shot. I didn't get weighed or had my blood pressure checked. I also had to go for my yearly blood tests. I made sure to have everything done in one afternoon.

Because of Covid, I needed appointments for both, otherwise, I wasn't charged for anything which needed to be done. Most of my doctors are in the same medical building, as is their on-site blood lab. A nurse gave me the flu shot, not my doctor.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2021 5:57 AM

R165, you might want to educate yourself on the state of health care availability en masse in the US. You live a fucking privileged existence.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2021 7:04 AM

I got the Moderna shot at a local community health clinic. First come first served. When I arrived at 6:30am to stand in line, there were 75 people in front of me. They gave me a time to come back for my shot which was 6 hours later. I received the shot and they will call me to come in for my second shot.

I had a sore arm and was tired.

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2021 7:10 AM

J&J. I was really tired.

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2021 7:34 AM

Pfizer

by Anonymousreply 169April 8, 2021 4:05 AM

You have to wait two weeks after the second shot to have full immunity.

by Anonymousreply 170April 8, 2021 5:41 AM

I got my first Pfizer at Walgreens and the second is scheduled four weeks out. I'm not worried about that because the extra week is fine but I am worried that after all their scheduling issues over the last month, I'll show up and they'll have given away all the shots to some other randoms who showed up or only have Moderna for the day or some other fuck up. I guess I'll call them a couple times before them to make sure but it's just another thing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 171April 8, 2021 6:12 AM

Got my first Moderna shot 2 days ago - April 5th. REALLY sore arm still but completely manageable. Second dose is May 5th.

I know quite a few people who have “possibly misled“ regarding their status to be vaccinated – but no one I know has been asked to show identification/proof or was sent away for not being able to document their status.

by Anonymousreply 172April 8, 2021 6:24 AM

^^^ If anyone is still reading and/or caring I got my shot at a Safeway pharmacy in Lafayette. Very glamorous. About a 40 minute drive from downtown San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 173April 8, 2021 6:39 AM

[quote] I guess I'll call them a couple times before them to make sure

Be careful. You piss them off enough and they may stick fentanyl in your hypo.

by Anonymousreply 174April 8, 2021 1:41 PM

everyone I know now is vaccinated, I'm planning to only talk to people who are from now on

by Anonymousreply 175April 8, 2021 1:43 PM

I noticed the megasites here in NJ only give Pfizer (where I just got mine yesterday). The clue is the minimum age allowed -16 which only Pfizer is recommended - all the other brands is 18.

by Anonymousreply 176April 8, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote]Be careful. You piss them off enough and they may stick fentanyl in your hypo.

Address?

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2021 2:22 PM

Nothing yet, and don’t expect to get at least my first shot til May. Canada’s rollout has been dismal, to say the least. We’re definitely in our third wave, and it’s proving to be the worst. I read an article this morning that senior health officials are worried that the 3 known variants, which are all present in Canada, are taking over and our rate of vaccination won’t be enough to contain them. ICUs where I live are overcapacity, and we’re seeing more people under 50 occupy those beds. That’s scary. I’m less worried about my folks getting covid than I am about them needing ICU care for something else.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] everyone I know now is vaccinated, I'm planning to only talk to people who are from now on

Including people who got J&J?? Where are the standards?

by Anonymousreply 179April 8, 2021 5:44 PM

Got my second Pfizer dose at the Moscone Center yesterday. Just like someone said upthread, I have arm pain at the injection site (worse than #1) and didn’t sleep well last night despite being tired.

I feel fine otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2021 5:53 PM

This morning, I got my first vaccine...which was Pfizer. The lines moved quickly, and for the most part...the people pleasant. It was pretty efficient. The guy who injected me had a little attitude, but the shot didn't hurt at all. I'm scheduled for my second shot on April 29. So far, I'm feeling ok. It's a gorgeous spring day here, so I went for a walk, got some sunshine and am now back home. My eyes ache a little, but nothing bad....so far. I'm glad I finally got my appointment and getting this done.

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2021 7:09 PM

Willie Geist said this morning on Morning Joe that he got his first shot of Moderna on Monday and that he only had some arm pain. Mika and Joe said they got flu-like symptoms after their second shot, and the cute gay black reporter with the huge afro said he got the J&J vaccine and cried afterwards out of gratitude and the fact that he would get to see his grandmother again.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2021 8:25 PM

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is slightly sore, very manageable. I did notice that after an hour working I got a little tired, but a stretch and another mug of coffee took care of that.

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote] The guy who injected me had a little attitude

So was it something he said, after you dropped trou and told him you preferred it in the butt?

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2021 10:28 PM

^^I guess he didn't like that...oh well.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2021 10:30 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2021 10:47 PM

2nd Moderna yesterday. Sore arm is all.

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2021 11:10 PM

How are people able to do this? I cannot find one near my home at all.

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2021 5:44 PM

I got my first AstraZeneca last Tuesday. Woke up the next morning feeling unwell and by that night had body aches, chills, headaches and a temperature that hovered between 101.5 and 101.8. Symptoms lessened the next day and gone the day after. I gather with Astra if you get anything it is either quite mild or kicks your ass, but nothing in between.

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2021 5:48 PM

R188

Did you try Vaccine Hunters? Click on your state to find groups helping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 11, 2021 5:54 PM

I got Moderna, 2d shot on March 31. No reaction either time except for being a little sore/itchy at the site, which lasted only a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 191April 11, 2021 6:08 PM

Got the single dose of J & J on March 8th from a very cute National Guardsman.

When I didn't flinch or make any indication of feeling pain, he said, "You're the first person today who didn't flinch when it went in."

I responded, "I'm used to it" He smiled and winked.

No side effects at all, not even tenderness in the arm.

by Anonymousreply 192April 11, 2021 6:18 PM

R178... where are you in Canada? How old? I authored R189. May's not so far away now, though I understand your frustration and impatience. I wanted Moderna because it is apparently quite strong against the alls variants - whereas the other three aren't as great with the SA variant - but to get anything I had to settle for Astrazeneca Oxford. But I figured given how wildfire it's spreading here something was superior to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 193April 11, 2021 8:25 PM

Good thinking, r193.

by Anonymousreply 194April 11, 2021 8:46 PM

R188.. I registered in my state online..also registered at cvs and hospitals...just to get into the system. I finally got notified with an email that vaccines were available at a mega center in my area. I had to make an appointment online. Once I made my appointment, I printed out the confirmation letter, with the date and time. I had to bring it with me to show, before going in. After that, I got my first vaccine. I then made sure to set up my second vaccine before I left. It was done and got another confirmation email for the 2nd one. Repeat the process as before. It depends on how your state is handling it. I waited for a long time before availability. It finally came. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 195April 11, 2021 8:46 PM

I got the J&J three days ago. No side effects and I'm 79. Here in LA you sit in your car git your shot, wait 15 minutes just in case one does experience side effects, then you drive off. I live on the beach, but the closest site with available appt. for J&J that day was 23 miles away in East LA at CSULA. Worked out just fine, plus a great lunch at Houstons in S Pasadena.

by Anonymousreply 196April 11, 2021 10:04 PM

I got the J&J yesterday afternoon. Only symptom was a tiny headache in the evening, made worse when I was trying to rub one out. I had to stop and took a few ibuprofens instead which cured the headache right away. Still, I waited until this afternoon to blow my load.

by Anonymousreply 197April 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Report that side effect to the CDC immediately.

by Anonymousreply 198April 11, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] I had to stop and took a few ibuprofens

It’s too late now and they should’ve told you at the vaccination site, but you shouldn’t have taken ibuprofen. You should’ve taken Tylenol (acetaminophen).

by Anonymousreply 199April 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Astra Zeneca, UK, no side effects at all.

by Anonymousreply 200April 11, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote] It’s too late now and they should’ve told you at the vaccination site, but you shouldn’t have taken ibuprofen. You should’ve taken Tylenol (acetaminophen).

I asked if it had to be Tylenol and they said Advil was also fine.

by Anonymousreply 201April 11, 2021 11:29 PM

Aspirin is as good idea if you're worried about the blood clot.

by Anonymousreply 202April 11, 2021 11:30 PM

I got my second Pfizer yesterday late afternoon. I have been sick all day today, have a metallic taste in my mouth, feel very tired, chills, fever and muscle aches. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. I felt sick for a few days with the first shot, too.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote] I asked if it had to be Tylenol and they said Advil was also fine.

I’m surprised. When I went they drilled it into my head, do not take ibuprofen, only acetaminophen.

Eh; what’s the difference? You’re alive to tell us about it. 😉

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2021 11:11 AM

Ibuprofen won’t kill you, it may reduce the efficacy of getting the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2021 5:54 PM

Of course, r205. No one was implying it would kill you.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2021 7:35 PM

To be safe, I think it's best not to take any medication at all for the side side effects. Just be a man about it and know that they will pass. And if they got worse, better see a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Neither ibuprofen, acetaminophen, nor aspirin are okay prior to injection as a prophylactic. Any are okay after, with acetaminophen preferred.

I had Moderna January 7 and February 4, with a few hours of chills and aches after the second, and a very sore arm. Happy to be done!

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2021 8:37 PM

R203 - Sounds like how I felt the day after the 2nd shot of Pfizer too. OK the next day.

by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote]To be safe, I think it's best not to take any medication at all for the side side effects. Just be a man about it and know that they will pass.

You can take a tylenol. It will do nothing bad concerning the vaccination. Ibuprofen most likely is fine, too, but has been shown to possibly reduce the effectiveness slightly, although the amount necessary to do that goes beyond taking one or two to curb the worst of any side effects.

Biologically, men are much worse at dealing with pain than women, so is your directive to act like a big ol' baby, ya sexist?

by Anonymousreply 210April 13, 2021 6:33 AM

I've had the Moderna first shot (three more weeks til the 2d).

I had about 48 hours of injection site pain starting a couple hours after the shot and I felt a bit run down the second day following the shot. I suspect the second shot will be a doozy for me, as things tend to be. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2021 7:16 AM

J & J my arm was sore but immediately after the jab I started shaking my arm and massaging it. The area of muscle where I got the shot was knotted and I kept releasing the knots and had no more pain or soreness. I felt run down for two days like the feeling you get when you are about to get a cold but felt fine 2 days later.

I did a lot of research and chose J&J becaise the vaccine is based on a traditional platform the uses adenovirus and they have lot of experience with vaccines and it was tested with the new variants and did well. Also it is just one shot. My next choice would haven been Pfizer but the mRNA has never been administered at this scale before . It is interesting technology but has limited uses because people have such strong side effects to mRNA if it is used for long term treatments. That is why moderna pivoted to vaccines using the mRNA. I did not want the moderna shot because it has 3x more mRNA as Pfizer with the same efficacy rate. I felt that a higher dose may I crease the risk of side effects but I also noticed that Fauci and VP Kamala Harris for moderna but fauci's group was helping get moderna vaccine developed. Also moderna management comes off as money grubbing from day one. They raised billions with the mRNA tech nut could not apply it to chromic diseases because of the overwhelming side effects and picoted to vaccine which is a lose leader. Enter covid and trump. They sucked trumps dick to get the contract and top management sold their stock and made a killing. It turned me off completely that his virus literally saved their company and they are charging the most and are flaunting their wealth. J&J is not making a profit off their vaccine. Luckily the moderna vaccine seems to work and be safe but moderna has never issued a vaccine before and who knows the long term results of mRNA. I hope it is safe and beneficial long term. Its odd the vivid literally reversed the fortunes of moderna. Now they have a viable product they can sell for decades with blanket immunity and charge whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2021 9:12 AM

I was hoping for Pfizer, but I just got shot 1 of Moderna. So far no issues other than a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 213April 13, 2021 10:08 AM

Paragraphs, r212!

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 214April 13, 2021 10:46 AM

Brevity, r212!

jesus.

by Anonymousreply 215April 13, 2021 10:52 AM

Here we go... Glad I told Pfizer stock it and Moderna may be the only game in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 13, 2021 11:19 AM

But I thought J&J was supposed to be “older & more reliable” technology? 6 out of how many millions? Did anyone die?

by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2021 11:41 AM

About 7 million people in the U.S. have had the J&J.

by Anonymousreply 218April 13, 2021 12:04 PM

It is a very minor finding (if you're not a dead person) when you compare incidents against doses delivered. But it's really unhelpful with the hesitant.

by Anonymousreply 219April 13, 2021 12:07 PM

I'm hearing it's mainly women around 40-50 that are experiencing the clotting up to two weeks post-J&J vaccine, speculation is it might be related to hormones.

by Anonymousreply 220April 13, 2021 12:21 PM

R219 they’ve basically killed off J&J now. People won’t want it in the US anymore.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2021 12:21 PM

FDA halts J &J vaccine for covid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2021 2:10 PM

Since the clots only affected women, it must be political correctness that stopped the FDA from only halting J&J for women and letting men continue to be vaccinated. They wouldn’t like the optics of that.

by Anonymousreply 223April 13, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] I'm hearing it's mainly women around 40-50 that are experiencing the clotting up to two weeks post-J&J vaccine, speculation is it might be related to hormones.

To verify, the FDA could check to see if there is a correlation between clots and being a super bitch.

by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2021 2:17 PM

It's unfortunate about the J&J vaccine, but lets put things into perspective here - would you rather have been one of the 500K+ dead not getting vaccinated at all? COVID itself is far deadlier.

by Anonymousreply 225April 13, 2021 2:22 PM

Less than 1 in a million chance of getting blood clots shut it down? There’s something else here.

by Anonymousreply 226April 13, 2021 4:49 PM

Caution. There's nothing else there.

by Anonymousreply 227April 13, 2021 4:54 PM

I had my first shot of Moderna yesterday and I had terrible diarrhea today - is that even a side effect? I haven’t heads of that happening, maybe it was a coincidence.

Other than that, just a sore arm (which seems to be fading now).

Also, those of you who had little to no symptoms, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 228April 13, 2021 11:12 PM

I had no symptoms at all after my first shot of Moderna, not even a sore arm. I'm 65.

by Anonymousreply 229April 14, 2021 3:33 AM

Hi r228. Thought it was just me. Got diarrhea after my second Moderna shot. 67 here.

by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2021 8:14 AM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 231April 17, 2021 8:42 PM

just was able to schedule my first shot. I cannot believe it. it's close by my home too. what a relief!

by Anonymousreply 232April 17, 2021 8:43 PM

Maybe you can now feel safe enough to go to the store and buy a keyboard with a working shift key.

by Anonymousreply 233April 17, 2021 9:01 PM

Moderna shot one: no side effects except sore arm

Moderna shot two: fever, chills, headache, diarrhea the next day, lingering headache four days later.

But at least it’s done.

by Anonymousreply 234April 17, 2021 10:22 PM

I had my second Moderna shot today. First shot: no reaction, not even a sore arm. I'm hoping the second will prove equally benign.

by Anonymousreply 235April 17, 2021 10:37 PM

In the clinical trials, a sizable proportion of both drug and **placebo** subjects reported diarrhea. There's a lot of diarrhea out there!

by Anonymousreply 236April 17, 2021 11:15 PM

I got my first Pfizer this week. Sore arm, slight headache and a bit of fatigue, but the next day. I slept a couple hours in the afternoon, and then 10 hours straight overnight. I actually quite enjoyed that as I’m usually lucky to get 5 hours of sleep a night.

by Anonymousreply 237April 17, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote]In the clinical trials, a sizable proportion of both drug and **placebo** subjects reported diarrhea. There's a lot of diarrhea out there!

Moderna mia!

Pfizer pia!

Vaxxers getting

Diarrhea!

by Anonymousreply 238April 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Brilliant, r238.

Seriously good show!

😂

by Anonymousreply 239April 17, 2021 11:30 PM

We've all had the Pfizer shot (I, my partner, my sister, my brother-in-law, my two sons, and my daughter-in-law). My partner, brother-in-law, my younger son, and I just had sore arms after both shots. Older son was very tired the day after the second shot. My daughter-in-law was very tired and achy for two days after the second shot. My sister had a fever and chills the day after her second shot.

by Anonymousreply 240April 17, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] We've all had the Pfizer shot (I, my partner,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2021 11:40 PM

I’ve had every side effect except death from my second Pfizer shot. I envy those of you who sailed through unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 242April 18, 2021 12:30 AM

[r242] that's sad, i'm sorry that happened to you? What happen?

by Anonymousreply 243April 18, 2021 12:34 AM

R243 I woke up about 12 hours after my second shot with chills and body aches. It got progressively worse to the point that I was going to call 911. Eventually after 24 hours I could get out of bed. Then it came back again the second night, woke up drenched in sweat. I’ve been nauseous the entire time. The smell of food makes me want to be sick. I’ve also had diarrhea and extreme fatigue. I know... MARY! but this has been my experience with the second Pfizer dose.

by Anonymousreply 244April 18, 2021 12:42 AM

Just got the first of 2 Pfizers. Was contacted and offered it in my state, almost immediately when my age group opened up, by my hospital provider's patients network. (If I waited for my state to book me eventually, I probably wouldn't get even the first vaccine until after the world ends.) Big place, everyone spaced apart and sterile, very professional and organized. Booked right there the 2nd shot for same location in exactly 3 weeks. That was this past week. Still feeling kind of fatigued, lightheaded, bit of stomach upset. Upper-left arm muscle where shot was given was extremely sore for 2 days, just starting now to get a bit better. Hope your appointments and followups go smoothly!

by Anonymousreply 245April 18, 2021 3:04 AM

Had my second Moderna shot Friday. It really kicked my butt. No flu symptoms, but I have been napping on and off all day.

by Anonymousreply 246April 18, 2021 3:04 AM

Sincere condolences to you regarding your loss of your mom, R61. Definitely sounds like a very rough week for you, that and the whole vaccination thing as well. Hang in there--bet your mom would want you to.

by Anonymousreply 247April 18, 2021 3:11 AM

"Oh, dear," R41?

"Who had the shot?" "I had the shot."

by Anonymousreply 248April 18, 2021 3:17 AM

My niece (in her early 20s) ended up with severe diarrhea and gastro issues / hivey rashes 12 days after the Pfizer shot. Her symptoms lasted a week. She was even Covid tested and negative. Doc say it was a reaction to shot 1 of Pfizer, she had shot two yesterday, crossing fingers for her.

by Anonymousreply 249April 18, 2021 12:37 PM

I had nausea from the 2nd Moderna shot for over a week.

They say you're not supposed to get a sore throat after the shot but I sure as heck did, the same sore throat on just one side that I had when I got COVID in November. Lasted just as long as the fever and chills (about 12 hours) and went away. The nausea and myalgia were the only things that lasted more than a day.

by Anonymousreply 250April 18, 2021 12:44 PM

Got second dose of Pfizer about a month ago. Never had any side effects.

by Anonymousreply 251April 18, 2021 12:45 PM

You supposedly get sicker from the shot of you’ve had COVID already, correct?

by Anonymousreply 252April 18, 2021 12:46 PM

I got my 2nd Moderna shot at 5 pm last Friday. I started feeling off around 10 Saturday morning and it knocked me on my ass around 2 pm. I sat of the sofa swaddled in blankets and went to bed around 9 pm. The aches and nerve tingling is gone but I'm feverish and my stomach's cramping.

by Anonymousreply 253April 18, 2021 1:44 PM

That's what I've heard, R252, that if your body detects the virus it will kick in even faster and harder than it did the first time it encountered it.

[quote]The next time you encounter the pathogen, these responses will kick in faster and stronger, because your immune system is already primed to recognise and respond to it. This is why people who have already recovered from COVID-19 may experience more of these mild reactions. They are nothing to be alarmed by, and merely show that the body remembers the virus and is mounting an effective response to it. This is similar to receiving a second dose of the vaccine; in both cases, your body was already primed to recognise the antigen either by prior infection or the first dose.

by Anonymousreply 254April 18, 2021 1:47 PM

It’s so random. Some people I know have had nothing, some have been very sick. Just like Covid itself. I was sick for only a day after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 255April 18, 2021 2:11 PM

VAX your ASS!!!

by Anonymousreply 256April 18, 2021 2:17 PM

I tried, but they almost arrested me. They insisted it goes in my arm.

by Anonymousreply 257April 18, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote] "Oh, dear," [R41]?

[quote]”Who had the shot?" "I had the shot."

Not quite.

You started a list by saying “we all got the shot,” so you would say “me, Joe, Carol,” etc.

If someone said “Who’s here today?” You wouldn’t make a list of who is there by saying “I, Pete, James and Joe are here,” you would say “me, Pete, James and Joe are here.”

by Anonymousreply 258April 18, 2021 2:43 PM

Pfizer both doses and it will be two weeks since the second doses tomorrow so I should be covered. First let me state that I have bad reactions to most vaccines and many medicines The side effects were horrible for the first dose, headaches, brain fog, two weeks after first dose I was awoken with terrible throbbing arm pain at the injection site that lasted a week and chills with aches in all my muscles for one day, I pretty much felt like shit for three whole weeks but I don't regret getting the vaccine and think everyone should. If I can do it with my results then you can do it.

Second dose, I had a few bad headaches but I tend to have headaches regularly so who knows if that was the cause the only other side effect was it made me extremely tired for two weeks, I was sleeping 9 hours a day and could barely stay awake the rest of the time. Even took a couple of naps mid-day which is something I just never do.

Just like wearing a mask getting a vaccine is something you need to do for everyone, it are the only way to beat this virus. All the side effects I had were not as bad as getting Covid. I am 69 years old.

by Anonymousreply 259April 18, 2021 3:04 PM

I’m on day 3 after the second Pfizer shot and I have had diarrhea and nausea ever since. I thought the first day was the worst though, had aches, the chills, headache. I hope I feel normal soon.

by Anonymousreply 260April 18, 2021 3:34 PM

I’ve had one shot of Pfizer so far. I was prepared for a very sore arm, but it was very mild for me.

by Anonymousreply 261April 18, 2021 3:42 PM

I had my first Moderna on Friday.

I have an allergic disorder and I was slightly annxious because I have had anaphylaxis many times. Two to three minutes after the shot, my left ear suddenly felt very full and had a lot of pressure build up and the left side of my face tingled. This happens to me sometimes and so even thought the timing weirded me out I tried to stay calm. Within about 10 minutes, my vision went blurry and I got light headed. I didn't have any breathing trouble, though, and I left after 30 minutes. On my drive home I had sneezing fits and my stomach gurgled and I was nauseated, but all that passed after about two hours.

Then I walked to my office, about 1.5 miles. My knees were hurting, which is unusual, and my left shoulder began to ache, which I expected. It was about 58 degrees outside and everyone I passed was waring a jacket. I was in short sleeves and burning up. The walk home was hard. I was fatigued and my knees were killing me with every step and my hips were stiff.

That night, I walked like an old person because my lower body was so stiff.

Now it's Sunday around noon, so 47 hours after the shot. My left arm aches and is irritated, but all the other pain and stiffness has abated. I feel cold but I have a normal temperature.

So I seem to have had some reactions that were surprising but all in all, it's totally fine.

by Anonymousreply 262April 18, 2021 3:43 PM

No reactions whatsoever to either of my Moderna shots. Not even a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 263April 18, 2021 4:16 PM

Pfizer

First one was achy arm and a day of being sluggish

Second one , less achy arm and more sluggish and achy body. After 36 hours I’m okay

(Partner who also had Pfizer had a high 101° fever ... 8-10 hours of chills. He’s okay now, too)

by Anonymousreply 264April 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Got the first shot of Moderna on Friday night. My arm is still sore and I feel a bit sluggish/achy throat. That could be the insane pollen in the air right now, though.

by Anonymousreply 265April 18, 2021 4:33 PM

R252, I had COVID in December, and had my 2nd Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago. I had no major side effects after both shots, just a very mild headache after the 2nd shot. So, who knows? Every body is unique and reacts differently.

by Anonymousreply 266April 18, 2021 4:46 PM

I'm not sure there's much predicting side effects. With AstraZeneca I gather anecdotally you get either no side effects, mild or kicked in the ass - on your first shot. With Pfizer, the hard side effects tend to be on the second shot but the first is usually uneventful. I never get side effect from my flu shot but I felt so lousy after my first AZ I thought I'd got COVID during my pharmacy visit for the vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 267April 18, 2021 4:49 PM

I want the one Mariah got!

by Anonymousreply 268April 18, 2021 5:20 PM

Thanks for weighing in, R266. That may eliminate the “if you have a reaction you had COVID” crowd.

by Anonymousreply 269April 18, 2021 5:24 PM

Between first and second Pfizer shots myself.

My 83 y/o mother had her second Moderna a few days ago with no real issue at all.

by Anonymousreply 270April 18, 2021 5:36 PM

Now that people 50 and under are getting the shot, you're starting to see most people experiencing side-effects. The younger you are, the stronger your immune system. It kicked my ass good. I'm glad it did, because I wanted a robust immune response so there would be no doubt in my mind that the vaccine worked.

My fear is that many younger people won't get the vaccine again because of the side-effects. It looks like you will only need one shot instead of two in the future, so at least it won't be this drawn out process like it is now.

by Anonymousreply 271April 18, 2021 5:45 PM

I wonder if the spectrum of reactions has to do with levels of prior exposure? At this point, we've probably all been exposed to covid ranging from a few virus particles in our nose/throat to full infection. Maybe the different reactions are due to the level of exposure you've had over the last year. Beyond a less reactive immune system, that might explain why older Americans, many of whom have not left their houses in a year, had lighter responses and those of us who are younger and have been going out in the world are having more reaction. It would be interesting to track.

by Anonymousreply 272April 18, 2021 6:51 PM

I’m a young gay man, 42, and I’ve not left my house in a year, R272.

by Anonymousreply 273April 18, 2021 6:58 PM

Did you get your vaccine shot/s yet? What was your reaction?

by Anonymousreply 274April 18, 2021 7:10 PM

Yes, but you’ve had many, many gentlemen callers come over, r273.

by Anonymousreply 275April 18, 2021 7:11 PM

R258 - "If someone said “Who’s here today?” You wouldn’t make a list of who is there by saying “I, Pete, James and Joe are here,” you would say “me, Pete, James and Joe are here.”

"Pete, James, Joe, and I are here."

The fact you don't use the Oxford comma indicates the level of your English skills.

Datalounge grammar trolls, please weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 276April 18, 2021 7:13 PM

The Oxford comma is neither a requirement nor recommended in the AP stylebook, so I don’t use it.

And your example of placing “I” last would be appropriate, too, but that’s not what the poster wrote. He started with “I.”

He could’ve also said, “I am here, along with...” but he didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 277April 18, 2021 7:32 PM

Pfizer - 1st shot : Day 1 - sore arm; Day 2-3 - fatigue 2nd Shot: Day 1 - nothing ; Day 2-3 nothing

by Anonymousreply 278April 18, 2021 7:46 PM

Same experience here, r278.

by Anonymousreply 279April 18, 2021 7:47 PM

J&J.

1- shot: blot clots. 2nd - obsession with punctuation. Family sought court order for control of my affairs. Granted.

I wish I'd waited for AstraZeneca.

by Anonymousreply 280April 18, 2021 7:48 PM

I know a lot of people say these reactions aren’t a big deal but for me, this would literally be about as sick as I’ve ever gotten. The symptoms many are describing I get maybe twice a decade.

So I’m nervous af about my second shot.

by Anonymousreply 281April 18, 2021 7:54 PM

R281... my reaction was the second 'sickest' I've ever gotten. Fever hit 101.8 for a time. A friend is a doctor and she talked me through it. I think in retrospect I was more afraid of the publicity than the symptoms. You'll be OK. And a coma isn't that bad, if you're not.

by Anonymousreply 282April 18, 2021 7:56 PM

Jesus christ I can't believe the stomach cramps. Anyone get them and how'd you treat them?

by Anonymousreply 283April 18, 2021 8:03 PM

Next time a star ODs, will the official explanation switch from "adverse reaction to prescription medication" to "adverse reaction to COVID vaccine"?

by Anonymousreply 284April 18, 2021 8:07 PM

Pfizer.

After 1st, no reaction just a bit of sore arm the next day.

After 2nd, fever and body aches next day lasted 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 285April 18, 2021 8:34 PM

R283 I’ve had that too for 3 days now after my second Pfizer shot. I thought I was going to have a mild headache... BS! They aren’t telling us about all the side effects and how long they last. A lot of people are having anxiety because they have never experienced these side effects before. I feel embarrassed because I was begging everyone to get vaccinated before I knew what hell awaited me. I hope 🤞 feel normal again soon. I’m 41 and not very healthy so that can’t image what a healthy 18 yo would experience.

by Anonymousreply 286April 18, 2021 8:53 PM

I'll be 43 in a few weeks and I'm not healthy at all, with a serious allergic disorder and an autoimmune disease. I wasn't surprised by achy joints the day of the shot but I've been in bed all day, two days after the shot, and I am surprised about that. Lots of people warned me about the chills and nauseousness and headaches (which I almost always have, anyway).

I'd rate the side effects at a 2-3/10. They're taking a toll this weekend but none of the symptoms is severe at all compared with how my body is on its own 20 percent of the time.

by Anonymousreply 287April 18, 2021 9:00 PM

R276, you are correct.

by Anonymousreply 288April 18, 2021 9:01 PM

Serial commas have nothing to do with a person's knowledge of grammar. Style, whether it's personal preference or a formal usage style, determines whether or not to use serial commas. Different writers, editors and publications have different preferences. Forgoing serial commas is not "wrong."

by Anonymousreply 289April 18, 2021 9:05 PM

Both shots left me seriously hungry for cock.

by Anonymousreply 290April 18, 2021 9:15 PM

My sister is hesitant to take the vaccine because of the potential side effects. She has meniere's disease, vertigo, problem with digestion, vision problems. Couldn't blame her. Who knows what reaction she might have - with these health issues she already suffering from.

by Anonymousreply 291April 18, 2021 9:24 PM

2nd Pfizer shot today. No problems except a sore arm (which I always get with a flu shot as well).

by Anonymousreply 293April 18, 2021 9:29 PM

I felt like I had the flu after the 2nd shot, but just 2 days later, I felt amazing! My immune system was firing on all cylinders and it was the best I've felt in years. The vaccine was a wild ride from feeling the worst in years to feeling the absolute best.

by Anonymousreply 294April 18, 2021 9:34 PM

Are you still feeling good R294?

by Anonymousreply 295April 18, 2021 9:53 PM

I got the J&J 3 days before they shut it down. my reaction was that I felt like I had the virus all over again but thankfully it only lasted 18 hours.

by Anonymousreply 296April 18, 2021 10:02 PM

Did those of you having really strong side effects all get your flu vaccine last Fall? One day, they'll find a link to something that causes stronger side effects other than simply age. It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be. Yes, we are all different immunologically but the range of side effects for these vaccines is huge to not have something else playing a role.

by Anonymousreply 297April 18, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote] If someone said “Who’s here today?” You wouldn’t make a list of who is there by saying “I, Pete, James and Joe are here,” you would say “me, Pete, James and Joe are here.”

There aren't enough "Oh, dears" in the universe for this.

by Anonymousreply 298April 19, 2021 3:25 PM

So you think “I” is correct?

My whole family got the Pfizer shot. I, my brother and my mother. That’s correct to you?!

Uh, no.

Everyone is so frightened to use “me” in a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 299April 19, 2021 5:35 PM

Uh, yes.

[quote]Everyone is so frightened to use “me” in a sentence.

Only when it's wrong, so we don't sound like people like you.

by Anonymousreply 300April 19, 2021 6:44 PM

R299, "I got it. My mom got it. My brother got it." That's the long form of what you wrote out. Does "Me got it." sound okay to you?

by Anonymousreply 301April 19, 2021 6:49 PM

Well R293 here. About 8 hours after my shot it hit me like a truck.

Not unbearable but I called in sick (and I work from home). Fever, coughing, sneezing, headache, body aches.

It has been about 26 hours and I’m feeling better, but that was quite the immune response.

by Anonymousreply 302April 19, 2021 8:12 PM

Any side effects after the first dose, R302?

by Anonymousreply 303April 19, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote] "I got it. My mom got it. My brother got it." That's the long form of what you wrote out. Does "Me got it." sound okay to you?

No. The long form of what the poster wrote was “The following people got it: I, my brother and my mother.”

Had he said “I [and finished] got it, my brother got it and my mother got it,” that would be different.

by Anonymousreply 304April 19, 2021 9:06 PM

None R303. The pharmacist who gave me the shot warned me that I could have a bigger reaction, when I told him the first shot was uneventful, but I didn’t think much of it.

My Dad had a reaction on his 2nd shot. My Mom did not.

by Anonymousreply 305April 19, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] The pharmacist who gave me the shot warned me that I could have a bigger reaction,

He was hitting on you.

by Anonymousreply 306April 19, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] I felt like I had the flu after the 2nd shot, but just 2 days later, I felt amazing! My immune system was firing on all cylinders and it was the best I've felt in years. The vaccine was a wild ride from feeling the worst in years to feeling the absolute best.

Sounds amazing. But I wonder what would cause that? I have heard from at least one acquaintance who suffered from “long COVID” for a year. She got her first shot the other day, and feels better than she has since last March when she got infected. They do say the vaccine cures the “long haul” symptoms in those who have them.

[quote] Everyone is so frightened to use “me” in a sentence.

That’s why they use ‘myself’ instead, because they think it sounds more proper or educated. But it’s almost always used wrong.

by Anonymousreply 307April 19, 2021 10:31 PM

Stomach cramps are gone for the most part but I was sick as a dog last night like a demented cherubic fountain spewing ballast at both ends. I slept nearly all day Sunday (yesterday) and wound up calling in sick today. I've never had the runs this bad ever so I bought this probiotic sparkling drink and some Yakult. I drank the sparkling drink just now and my stomach seems setted but's really tender to the touch. I plan to drink some of the Yakult before I go to bed. Most of my other symptoms are gone but I live in a third floor walkup and I was sweating like a whore in church when I got to my apartment door, I didn't think I was as weak as I am.

by Anonymousreply 308April 19, 2021 10:38 PM

I had chills all day yesterday and was in bed for most of the day and had a shallow cough and was wheezing a little and felt weirdly panicked when I went to bed for the night yesterday. I wasn't in pain but felt ill. I would have called in sick had it been a workday.

Today was day three after my first Moderna shot and my legs are still stiff and achy but otherwise I feel all right.

I still wonder if I could have possibly had COVID in Feb 2020. That's earlier than they say we had it here in DC, but right after I attended a conference in a hotel with the NGA conference, I became very ill: I had bad diarrhea on and off for about three weeks, was extremely fatigued and would wake up gasping, I felt like I was gasping for air walking home from work, I had a cough, and I even had what looked like "COVID toes," which I assumed at the time was from walking a lot. None of it made any sense at the time. I had an antibody test around June or July and it was negative, and so officially I have not been exposed to the novel coronavirus but I still wonder.

My allergist-immunologist told me last month that I have low immunoglobulins, which means that I am more likely than the average person to contract sinus, throat and respiratory infections.

by Anonymousreply 309April 20, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote]like a demented cherubic fountain spewing ballast at both ends.

😂😂😂

I needed that this morning!

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 310April 20, 2021 10:56 AM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 311April 22, 2021 3:04 PM

i am getting the covid vaccine this week.

by Anonymousreply 312April 22, 2021 3:06 PM

Got AZ yesterday morning and spent last night curled up in a ball trembling and had a headache, joint pain and sore throat, i think I might have had a fever because I was kind of babbling. Feel better this morning 😀

by Anonymousreply 313April 22, 2021 3:15 PM

sorry for you. So the side effects are like have a bad flu for 2 days or something?

by Anonymousreply 314April 22, 2021 3:17 PM

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 315April 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Pfizer, no major side effects - minor included headache, chills/sweats overnight, maybe tired/foggy? Sore arm both times but goes away pretty quickly after day one. I hydrated a lot before each shot and then the next day I took some cold medicine.

by Anonymousreply 316April 22, 2021 3:27 PM

i just receive my first dose of pfizer vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 317April 22, 2021 7:26 PM

I got the AZ one, first dose no side effects whatsoever. The next one is in June U.K. here I also have received my COVID tests to do at home every four days. The U.K. is doing very well, let’s hope the Indian variant is not going to ruin all the progress made. We are close to herd immunity or maybe we are already

by Anonymousreply 318April 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Pfizer...Got my first dose 3/31 and got my second shot yesterday. The only side effect after the first dose was a sore arm the next day. So far today, I have a sore arm and woke up somewhat tired. Took a 30 minute nap earlier and I feel fine.

My younger brother and his wife got the J&J, and they both felt ill with slight fevers the next day.

by Anonymousreply 319April 22, 2021 7:39 PM

Pfizer today/first dose. So far, I am just tired. I have a headache and dizziness. Thank god, I'm tired because I can just go to sleep if need be.

by Anonymousreply 320April 22, 2021 7:43 PM

Hope you can, r320.

After my second dose of Pfizer I was tired, but oddly enough couldn’t sleep. Weirdest phenomenon. Others have mentioned it too either on this thread or others related to the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 321April 22, 2021 7:48 PM

I just recently got my first shot (Pfizer) last Tuesday, the only side effect was a sore arm.

Today, I feel fine, and the soreness in my arms has gone away.

by Anonymousreply 322April 22, 2021 9:42 PM

I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning. I went to bed early and woke up early this morning feeling lethargic, and had chills. Not long after I developed a low-grade fever. My arm is also sore at the injection site. Now, in the early evening, I'm feeling considerably better.

by Anonymousreply 323April 22, 2021 9:55 PM

I have a theory that only sexy people have no side effects.

by Anonymousreply 324April 22, 2021 9:56 PM

I agree, R324.

by Anonymousreply 325April 22, 2021 10:33 PM

I live in NJ and work in NYC. NJ has had absolutely no vaccine appointments available, anywhere near me for months. (Hell, I couldn't even get a covid test here in Jersey City. At one location I was turned away because my driver's license had expired. My passport, among other documents I had, was not sufficient!) I was able to get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine- in NYC. Thanks for nothing, New Jersey!

by Anonymousreply 326April 22, 2021 10:38 PM

R326

I got my first Pfizer shot last week in a walk-in basis at a Walgreens here in Florida. The company is not scheduling my second at this time, but will notify to do so as three weeks approaches. Ironically, I had obtained an appointment at a far less convenient Publix Pharmacy for the following week, which I cancelled in favor of this one, after hearing a rumor that the local Walgreens was trying to use up excess supply.

by Anonymousreply 327April 22, 2021 10:46 PM

First dose: Arm very sore, tired, headache, stomach issues, dizzy, some achiness.

by Anonymousreply 328April 22, 2021 11:39 PM

tired, aches and pains, congestion and mild flu-like symptoms. Oh and the pain of a broken arm, just upper, by the injection site.

by Anonymousreply 329April 23, 2021 6:27 PM

Sputnik V

by Anonymousreply 330April 23, 2021 8:50 PM

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. About 12 hours afterwards I started feeling basically the same symptoms as when I had a mild case of Covid last fall: headache and body aches including pains in my lungs, and chills. Plus the arm I had the injection in got really painful, all the way down to the elbow. That lasted about another 12 hours, then I started feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 331April 23, 2021 9:04 PM

R331 - did you experience the same from the first shot?

by Anonymousreply 332April 23, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] I have a theory that only sexy people have no side effects.

I also had no side effects, so that blows that theory.

by Anonymousreply 333April 23, 2021 9:38 PM

Maybe you’re the exception that proves the rule.

by Anonymousreply 334April 23, 2021 10:01 PM

My pharmacist stated that it is the people who have had covid that have the side effects from the vaccine. This would demonstrate how pervasive covid pandemic is, where you are? I have not seen any published studies on this though.

by Anonymousreply 335April 23, 2021 10:14 PM

Neither has he. That’s why he’s not a doctor and just dresses like one while looking down on you from that high counter.

by Anonymousreply 336April 23, 2021 10:17 PM

Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)

by Anonymousreply 337April 23, 2021 10:23 PM

One and done six weeks ago. No side effects.

They ought to market the J&J vaccine to racist misogynists.

It only clots women.

by Anonymousreply 338April 23, 2021 10:30 PM

Had my first Moderna shot Wednesday the 14th. Felt slightly sleepy the first day, then began to run a fever that night. Feverish, achy, and lethargic the entire next day. Spent most of it sleeping. Allowed myself half a Tylenol that afternoon. Fever was gone by that evening. I was still tired the next day but no fever or achiness. After that I was fine.

by Anonymousreply 339April 23, 2021 10:36 PM

Terrible side effects after my first pfizer vaccine last Monday. I didn’t have covid though.

by Anonymousreply 340April 23, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote] They ought to market the J&J vaccine to racist misogynists. It only clots women.

If it only causes clots in women, then you mean it should be marketed to misandrists, unless you deliberately meant female misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 341April 23, 2021 11:16 PM

Uh, R341, he's saying that the misogynists can have it because women would be excluded from getting it, thereby making it the "manly" vaccine that women are allowed to have. Your post, literally, makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 342April 23, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]Spent most of it sleeping. Allowed myself half a Tylenol that afternoon.

How terribly reckless of you.

by Anonymousreply 343April 24, 2021 12:16 AM

I just had my covid vaccine too, first dose, and tonight I treating myself to a pain killer.

by Anonymousreply 344April 24, 2021 12:45 AM

Did you have covid before R344?

by Anonymousreply 345April 24, 2021 12:47 AM

r339 - you described my reaction to my first Moderna shot completely. We must have similar immune systems. :)

by Anonymousreply 346April 24, 2021 12:50 AM

Exactly, r342.

by Anonymousreply 347April 24, 2021 2:23 AM

52 years old here. had my first Moderna shot today at Kaiser. i am not a Kaiser member (although i was in the past). scheduling the appt was a shit-show: transferred 5 times/waited on hold for over an hour and then the agent said nothing was available after stating "are you aware that you are not currently a Kaiser member?); went online to my old kp.org rep and able to schedule an appt a week later. When i arrived, it was very organized and i probably only waited in line for about 15-20 minutes. i was not asked for my current insurance (which is not Kaiser) just an ID and medical record number. Got the shot, waited 15 minutes after to make sure no allergic reaction and was on my way with my 1st vax card (keeping it in my wallet).

I was automatically scheduled for an appt for shot 2 on May 21st. So far, just a sore arm on par with the flu vax and a little bit of fatigue. I was expecting worse (although i am only 10 hours out from appt) as i was sure i had COVID last year in late March. i'm happy to see a little light at the end of the tunnel. i realize it's fully possible we will have to re-up each year. worth it.

and in advance of the capital queen: you are not going to make me use caps because you want me to. after all, one of our great poets, e.e. cummings, refused to use caps and look where that ended up.

by Anonymousreply 348April 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Got my first shot at Javits Center today, Pfizer. Wow, is it windy over there on that side of Manhattan.

Arm is sore, and I napped for 3 and a half hours earlier this evening, but that likely was because I was already exhausted from not sleeping enough this week. No (other) side effects to speak of; hopefully nothing manifests tomorrow.

Next shot is May 13, and I can’t wait til the end of next month when I can fuck and suck. No mask, no condom.

by Anonymousreply 349April 24, 2021 6:17 AM

I'm surprised how organized Illinois has been, even in the populated part of the state. Fuck the downstate assholes who are refusing to get vaccinated. Might as well be Kentucky down there. They've just opened a bunch of sites to walk-ins across Chicago and Cook County. I hope we've been able to hold off becoming Michigan by vaccinating enough people.

by Anonymousreply 350April 24, 2021 6:24 AM

i'm a bit worried about my daughter at 39 weeks pregnant and refusing to get the vax. but i need to let her be what she feels is appropriate. i hope she plans to get her get vax'ed after birth. she is planning on breastfeed. i am a bit worried. :(

by Anonymousreply 351April 24, 2021 6:28 AM

As o today I am fully inoculated and have waited the required time after 2nd jab. I had the Pfizer. Shot one was nothing. No pain at all no side effects Shot two was a different story. I had about a week of different symptoms including very sore arm aches and feeling crummy.

by Anonymousreply 352April 24, 2021 9:25 AM

[quote] scheduling the appt was a shit-show

So is your typing and syntax.

by Anonymousreply 353April 24, 2021 6:55 PM

Looks like a surplus of vaccine now. It was not quite easy to get one here in NJ just a few weeks ago. But lately, keep getting lost of email and txt messages of their availability.

by Anonymousreply 354April 24, 2021 7:06 PM

That’s got to be frustrating if you’re vaxxed.

“Enough already! I already got it!”

by Anonymousreply 355April 24, 2021 7:14 PM

Yes, I signed up for state, county and health provider emails and texts, and of course immediately got a shot afterward. Lots of replying STOP and UNSUBSCRIBE.

by Anonymousreply 356April 24, 2021 7:21 PM

Day after first Pfizer shot: feeling like crap. Woozy, fatigued, irritable, cognitive function noticeably diminished. Had trouble sleeping last night because of headache and arm pain.

by Anonymousreply 357April 24, 2021 7:32 PM

You're in menopause, R357.

by Anonymousreply 358April 24, 2021 7:44 PM

Did you have covid before R357?

by Anonymousreply 359April 24, 2021 7:46 PM

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. 27 hour later, I'm feeling run down. Not BAD, mind you, just run down.

Perfectly happy to stay in beddie bye till it passes.

by Anonymousreply 360April 24, 2021 7:50 PM

I may have, R359, but I never got tested because I didn’t experience fever or significant congestion or loss of smell/taste. My boyfriend (with whom I live) and I were certain that he had it last winter, but he got tested then and a couple times after that and was always negative. I just assumed there’s no way one of us could have it and not the other.

by Anonymousreply 361April 24, 2021 7:53 PM

Glad you’re both feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 362April 24, 2021 8:45 PM

I got my Pfizer COVID vaccine yesterday morning and was fine until the fatigue hit me like a brick. I slept from noon until 8 pm, went back to bed at 10 pm and slept until 9 am this morning.

I feel great today and have no other side effects except for some mild soreness in my arm.

by Anonymousreply 363April 24, 2021 9:10 PM

r353 find something more productive to do besides comment on capitalization and what you think amounts to good grammar. a lot of us are here for a different reason.

by Anonymousreply 364April 24, 2021 9:41 PM

Oh, you must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 365April 24, 2021 9:46 PM

got my second Moderna and now have a fever

by Anonymousreply 366April 24, 2021 9:47 PM

day 2 after Moderna shot #1: very tired, sore arm, no appetite. being attacked by a grammar cop. besides that, pretty okay.

by Anonymousreply 367April 24, 2021 10:05 PM

I had some bad side effects after first shot. Does this mean the second dose will be worse, better or the same? I am getting the Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 368April 24, 2021 10:29 PM

apparently the 2nd shot is worse for both Pfizer and Moderna...first shot primes your system, the 2nd shot is the kill and you will have some not so great side effects. still worth it. if you had some bad side effects w/first shot, it would indicate that you have a fairly healthy immune system.

by Anonymousreply 369April 24, 2021 10:39 PM

[r369] really?

by Anonymousreply 370April 24, 2021 10:44 PM

R360 here.

I was diagnosed with the Covids on Jan 6. I joined a clinical trial, and was given Regeneron on Jan 8. One week later, I was testing negative for Covid.

Got my first Moderna shot on March 27th. After about 12 hours, I started to feel like I had mini-Covid. Symptoms I'd had back in January came back, only not nearly as bad as first time. When I woke up on March 29, they were all gone. I felt fine.

Got my second Moderna shot Friday morning. Last night, I had to excuse myself from a friend's home a bit earlier than planned because I was just very tired. I basically slept until about an hour ago.

I now feel fine, and am marveling at science. I'm humbled, frankly, to live in a time when a vaccine can be put in my arm basically one year after learning about the virus.

I hope each and every person reading this (who is eligible) takes advantage of the vaccine so you can finally visit with your loved ones and friends, and we can all get back to normal.

Be well, you guys.

by Anonymousreply 371April 24, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote] I was diagnosed with the Covids

I don’t know why this made me laugh so heartily, but it did. Glad you’re feeling good!

by Anonymousreply 372April 24, 2021 11:28 PM

Had both Pfizer shots as of 4 days ago. 1st shot: nothing. 2nd shot: 24 hours of fever, chills and body aches. Swallowed Tylenol and slept it off, woke up feeling totally normal.

by Anonymousreply 373April 24, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote]Looks like a surplus of vaccine now

At least in part because lots of morons out there are refusing to be vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 374April 25, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote] I got my Pfizer COVID vaccine yesterday morning and was fine until the fatigue hit me like a brick. I slept from noon until 8 pm, went back to bed at 10 pm and slept until 9 am this morning.

Was this your first Pfizer shot, R363? I’m just now starting to feel more like myself after my first shot yesterday. (Slept from 6:30p-10:30p, then from 3am-11:30am today.) My arm soreness has largely subsided. All this afternoon I felt “out of it”—like my brain isn’t firing on all cylinders, plus weakness in my legs. Not tired enough to sleep, but not enough energy to get off the couch. After I showered this evening was when I felt the worst.

But an hour ago, my boyfriend ordered a pizza, and after I ate 2 slices I was able to chase my dog around the house. Had to stop after about 15 minutes, though. Expect I’ll be back to normal tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 375April 25, 2021 1:31 AM

I get 1st dose of Pfizer tomorrow. I was getting pissy as we had to wait for email confirmation to sign up for a slot where/when available.

I’d also committed to a vaccination site and wondered if I should have gone wherever they were offered starting the 16th. Thankfully, my site did confirm and allowed me to make an appointment.

I must overthink everything.

by Anonymousreply 376April 25, 2021 1:56 AM

R375, yes, it was my first Pfizer shot. I have felt much better today. My arm still feels a bit sore surprisingly. I don’t usually ever have a sore arm after vaccines. But I’m happy with my side effects, nothing major.

by Anonymousreply 377April 25, 2021 2:09 AM

No, there are so many people who want them and cannot get appointments. There is corruption happening at the county level.

by Anonymousreply 378April 25, 2021 2:19 AM

Buy low, sell high. There is going to be a crash.

by Anonymousreply 379April 25, 2021 2:21 AM

In LA, it's very easy to get a same day appointment.

by Anonymousreply 380April 25, 2021 3:33 AM

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and had no side effects. I chilled at home, but had no effects with the first or second shot. I've heard Moderna hits everyone harder based on the concentration of the mRNA, but both are equally effective.

by Anonymousreply 381April 25, 2021 3:45 AM

I got the chills, they multiplying!!!

by Anonymousreply 382April 25, 2021 4:09 AM

For my first dose, i had some side effects for a few days. Though, this bests being in the hospital or dead. I am glad I have a vaccine to take.

For the record, this thread is to help people prepare for some side effects. We are strongly advocating for vaccinations. We are so lucky to have these.

by Anonymousreply 383April 25, 2021 4:50 AM

r383 that's why i posted. please vaccinate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 384April 25, 2021 5:08 AM

All those white racist misogynists should be rushing to J&J vaccine now that it only kills women.

by Anonymousreply 385April 25, 2021 8:25 AM

Just curious -- is there anyone still in the US who has been unable to get an appointment despite much effort?

by Anonymousreply 386April 25, 2021 4:47 PM

I went here, R386. I was able to get an appointment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 25, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote] All those white racist misogynists should be rushing to J&J vaccine now that it only kills women.

I hear that the J&J is very popular among transphobes too

by Anonymousreply 388April 25, 2021 6:01 PM

Then I should have gotten JJ.

by Anonymousreply 389April 25, 2021 6:04 PM

Looks like Ohio's vaccine hesitancy has taken hold.

Still nervous to get mine, even though I have chronic conditions and really NEED to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 25, 2021 6:19 PM

R375 here — I feel completely recovered from yesterday (the day following my first Pfizer shot). I actually have more energy than I’ve had in almost a YEAR. I didn’t even get a particularly restful or full night’s sleep last night. I feel like I’m on speed. My dog is loving it.

by Anonymousreply 391April 25, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote]I hear that the J&J is very popular among transphobes too

You live in opposite world. MtT hate women. And, they're so stupid, they'll probably still avoid getting the J&J even though they are MEN.

R391, it's called happiness and relief. Those have been in short supply for over a year, so it just feels new.

by Anonymousreply 392April 25, 2021 7:16 PM

R390 get the damn shot!

by Anonymousreply 393April 25, 2021 7:56 PM

Everyone in the U.S. who wanted one has gotten a shot, except for the incompetent and those who live in poorly governed states.

by Anonymousreply 394April 25, 2021 11:10 PM

don't believe the lie. People who want them and are in eligible groups still canNOT get an appointment. Counties that are run by republicans are still undermining the vaccine program. In my county, there are anti vaxer (Republicans) putting out false information about vaccines, and even how to make an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 395April 26, 2021 1:29 AM

I made an appointment for this Wednesday for my first round. I am terrified. It's weird to explain, I am absolutely a believer in science but I also have OCD so I am going to get the shots and spend a month after the second one being absolutely convinced I will die. I have accepted that is what my brain is going to insist.

Has anyone who got the full rounds also previously gotten the flu shot? Have you noticed any correlation between the side effects of the two? For example, if you breeze through with no flu shot side effects did you also do well with the covid vaccine? And vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 396April 26, 2021 2:58 AM

R396, I never have any reaction to flu shots and I had no reaction to either shot of the vaccine (Moderna).

by Anonymousreply 397April 26, 2021 3:28 AM

rescue-chick, do you think you’re going to die from the vaccine? Just don’t get the J&J if you’re worried about that 1 in 6 million chance (or whatever it was) of blood clots.

by Anonymousreply 398April 26, 2021 3:33 AM

I am not getting the J&J although before the clot issue it was the one I wanted.

I am a science believer but man, watching or reading the news fucks with my head. I can't really explain it, if OCD was able to be rationalized it would just be quirks no a mental illness. But I will ge vaccinated because the other part of my brain isn't crazy, just a portion of it.

It's going to be a long fucking 2 months though. I had JUST gotten my panic disorder under control a few months ago but I suspect I can kiss that progress goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 399April 26, 2021 3:40 AM

Also, r397, I am really glad to hear that you had no side effects! As time goes on I wonder if there will be any studies to see if there's correlation (or maybe I am just hoping that because I had zero effects with the flu shot)

by Anonymousreply 400April 26, 2021 3:42 AM

I got the flu shot then I got the J&J vaccine. Got a tiny lump at the injection sites, but for me that is normal. And they dissolve away. No flu-like side effects, no pain.

Coming down with blood clots after the J&J vaccination is statistically equivalent to being by lightening.

rescue-chick, are you never going out on a cloudy day ever again?

by Anonymousreply 401April 26, 2021 10:29 AM

equivalent to being HIT by lightening. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 402April 26, 2021 10:55 AM

r401, I agree. OCD is a mental illness. I manage it but it's still there. Discussing the fear helps a bit.

by Anonymousreply 403April 26, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote] equivalent to being HIT by lightening.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 404April 26, 2021 2:45 PM

I was hit by lightening.

by Anonymousreply 405April 26, 2021 2:48 PM

J&J's got a tough road ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 26, 2021 2:54 PM

R398, it’s a one in a million chance for blood clots with J & J. Six cases out of six million. All women.

People are now choosing their vaccines and expressing solidarity with one tribe over another. I’m Moderna House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 26, 2021 3:22 PM

r406, people are stupid

by Anonymousreply 408April 26, 2021 3:23 PM

Moderna. First shot, a sore arm for about 24 hours. Second shot, nothing for 12 hours then felt achy all over for about 12 hours. Didn't miss a minute of work, just sort of half a grumpy day.

And in two weeks, I get to finally see my brother!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 409April 26, 2021 3:26 PM

This company makes vaccination t-shirts based on the Harry Potter Hogwarts houses. J & J is Slytherin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 26, 2021 3:28 PM

Pfizer House, the king of beasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411April 26, 2021 3:29 PM

Luxury brands should have special events where only those vaccinated with Pfizer are invited.

by Anonymousreply 412April 26, 2021 4:59 PM

I’m kind of glad I had to wait so long to get vaccinated (got 2nd shot on April 22). If we need a booster, millions have been vaccinated before me and will find out first.

by Anonymousreply 413April 26, 2021 6:04 PM

I’m sending hugs to rescue-chick. Sincere, genuine and loving hugs. And even though you’re a female, I’m going in for a booty grab too. (Fair warning)

by Anonymousreply 414April 26, 2021 11:11 PM

R405, I tinkled on my Davenport.

That’s some funny shit.

by Anonymousreply 415April 26, 2021 11:13 PM

I hope you have big hands r414 because baby got back! (and thanks, you made me laugh)

by Anonymousreply 416April 26, 2021 11:14 PM

That’s all I wanted to do, hon. You’re a treasure around here.

by Anonymousreply 417April 26, 2021 11:28 PM

My brother in Seattle called last night to report on his second shot. He doesn't drive, with location arranged by his doctor requiring a round trip cab. At first they were going to send him home as "only 17 days" but he stood his ground insisting he appeared promptly for appointment they scheduled; the staff "grudgingly" relented.

by Anonymousreply 418April 27, 2021 1:36 PM

ok, I got my first shot today, Moderna. It wasn't really the first shot that I was so worried about, mostly the second.

I am not having any type of bad reaction so far but I can't lift my arm (that got the shot) higher than straight out. It also feels like someone hit me with rebar when it's touched. I am exhausted, can barely keep my eyes ooen and they're really dry.

The diarrhea is unpleasant but the WEIRDEST thing so far is the one inch strip where forehead meets hair- I had previously lost all my hair there and it's growing back (rigorous routine) and where the hair is growing back suddenly feels like desert. Dry, itchy, burning. If I am not careful I am going to rip my forehead off.

by Anonymousreply 419April 29, 2021 1:12 AM

[R419] I’m sorry RC, I hope you feel better tomorrow. I got Pfizer and felt crappy for a day after each one, but now I feel great. On another note, do you mind sharing how you restored your hairline when you feel like it?

by Anonymousreply 420April 29, 2021 1:42 AM

You’ll be fine, rescue-chick! Call us and let us know how you’re doing later tonight or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 421April 29, 2021 1:46 AM

I would eat broken glass before I called my 'family' r421 :)

r420, I don't want to threadjack so I will link my journey!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 29, 2021 1:55 AM

Where'd the Pfizer side effects thread go?

by Anonymousreply 423April 29, 2021 6:31 AM

it seems like there are a lot more temp side effects with pfizer than moderna. i wonder if that means that one has more efficacy than the other?

by Anonymousreply 424April 29, 2021 6:39 AM

Had second Pfizer a couple days ago. Lymph nodes are swollen. Sucks because I don't hear anyone else reporting that specific effect. It's happened to me before with flu vaccines. That's the only lasting side effect I've had.

by Anonymousreply 425April 29, 2021 6:54 AM

Happened to me, R425.

by Anonymousreply 426April 29, 2021 6:58 AM

Good to know, R426. I felt like an outlier. You are literally the first person I've seen report it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 427April 29, 2021 7:00 AM

Swollen lymph nodes means you had Covid before the shot.

by Anonymousreply 428April 29, 2021 8:25 AM

R428, the only place I'm reading that is Fox News. Weird. If that were the case, it would happen after the first dose, not the second.

by Anonymousreply 429April 29, 2021 8:44 AM

Swollen lymph glands can also be a reaction to the vaccine in uninfected people. It would more likely to occur in infected people though. In uninfected people get the swelling there would be some of that with the first dose, but it would be more pronounced and more noticeable with the second dose.

by Anonymousreply 430April 29, 2021 10:18 AM

I had the 2nd Pfizer 2 days ago. Felt so lethargic the whole day after and had head ache at night. But didn't take any meds. Much better now so far. I didn't know if it helped but drank lots of water, more than usual, the day I had my shot. They advised to be well hydrated.

by Anonymousreply 431April 29, 2021 11:40 AM

That was my experience too, R431. But now I feel better than ever!

by Anonymousreply 432April 30, 2021 4:37 AM

And look it, too!

by Anonymousreply 433April 30, 2021 11:59 AM

Officially fully immunized as of today. My second Moderna shot was two weeks ago. Only a slight headache after the first shot, but a raging headache after the second (which lasted only the first night), with fatigue lasting for four or five days. Ready to get back to normal, though I could forever go without handshakes, people blowing out candles on their birthday cakes, and buffets.

by Anonymousreply 434April 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Do any of these vaccines come as a suppository?

by Anonymousreply 435April 30, 2021 12:09 PM

R434 I’m fully vaccinated too! No more masks for me! No rubbers too!

by Anonymousreply 436April 30, 2021 12:37 PM

So, R436, you should keep wearing masks in many situations because the vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent serious illness. You can still get infected and you can still then transmit the virus to others who may not have both or any doses. We can't abandon masks until we've got herd immunity. You owe it to the world around you. There are some exceptions if you can assure you're in the company only of others who are fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 437April 30, 2021 12:40 PM

OK, I am on Nextdoor and my Trumpies are screaming that

IMMUNE COMPROMISED PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE VACCINATED.

Any one else seeing this microaggression?

by Anonymousreply 438May 1, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote]IMMUNE COMPROMISED PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE VACCINATED.

”If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

by Anonymousreply 439May 1, 2021 12:53 AM

I got the Pfizer shot. The day after the second shot, I became exhausted, and slept that night for thirteen hours. That was it.

by Anonymousreply 440May 1, 2021 1:50 AM

I'm going to get my first dose of Moderna, I think, next week.

by Anonymousreply 441May 1, 2021 2:01 AM

If you haven’t been vaccinated by now you may as well be dead. Everyone who is anyone has been vaxxed!

by Anonymousreply 442May 1, 2021 4:32 AM

It's opening up. I see my drugstore lost some durable medical equipment display space for two vaccination booths. Moderna only, so far. Anyone over 16, though. Today was their first day.

I was done by mid-March, have bad allergies for which I take biological meds and think that might have tamped down a response. I also took a Zyrtec half an hour beforehand. After the first shot I had a sore arm all night relived by Tylenol, ice, and pschobenzaprine. Fine in the morning. The second time was the same - not much pain at all - no analgesics/muscle relaxants needed. Got Pfizer because that's what they had.

by Anonymousreply 443May 1, 2021 4:53 AM

i probably won't take anything if i can avoid it for the 2nd Moderna shot (May 21). i want my system to fight/build antibodies tooth and nail. Looking at the beginning of noon to be somewhat back to normal. i'll still sport a mask in public, crowded places to protect the asshats that refuse to get the vax.

by Anonymousreply 444May 1, 2021 7:08 AM

*beginning of JUNE

by Anonymousreply 445May 1, 2021 7:11 AM

[quote] Everyone who is anyone has been vaxxed!

Some people are always late to the fad.

by Anonymousreply 446May 1, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote] After the first shot I had a sore arm all night relived by Tylenol,

That’s odd. I thought Tylenol was supposed to relieve symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 447May 1, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote] i probably won't take anything if i can avoid it for the 2nd Moderna shot (May 21). i want my system to fight/build antibodies tooth and nail.

R444 - I vowed the same thing, until I woke up at 1:00 am with a headache so bad, it hurt to breath. I took some ibuprofen, propped myself up in bed with an ice pack on my head, and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, the headache was mostly gone.

by Anonymousreply 448May 1, 2021 3:10 PM

good to know, r448. glad for your share and how i might potentially respond. we all benefit from sharing our experiences here.

by Anonymousreply 449May 1, 2021 5:00 PM

Had both Pfizer shots. Just some soreness at the injection site. Very mild "light-headed" feeling briefly after the 2nd one.

by Anonymousreply 450May 1, 2021 5:11 PM

Had my second Pfizer shot earlier today - - maybe a slight headache, bug nothing different so far.

by Anonymousreply 451May 2, 2021 12:33 AM

Was pretty much wiped out the day after the 2nd Pfizer shot. Couldn't even keep any food down, which surprised me. Started to feel better the day after that though.

by Anonymousreply 452May 2, 2021 12:49 AM

I had my second Modern shot at 1:30 today and it’s now 6:00. So far I’m just a little more tired than usual.

by Anonymousreply 453May 2, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] So, [R436], you should keep wearing masks in many situations because the vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent serious illness.

Jesus Christ. Don’t listen to a single word this person says, R436.

by Anonymousreply 454May 2, 2021 5:02 AM

this thread was created to advocate for the Covid Vaccine. Also so we give information about what people should expect with side effects, so they can prepare.

GET VACINNATED!

Please wear masks. Social Distance and wash hands to be respectful to others. We have to keep Covid Cases low, so more Medical Teams can participate in the Vaccination effort.

by Anonymousreply 455May 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Please understand there are so many people who live in Republican counties and distinct, so they have not be able to get a Covid Vaccination. The Republican Party is still actively undermining the Vaccination Program, in the USA.

Also, there are people in other countries (not Democracies) that have not been able to get Covid Vaccines either.

Please get your Covid Vaccine when you can. Please wear your masks and follow PH measures to be respectful of others.

by Anonymousreply 456May 2, 2021 5:14 AM

I meant to write republican districts/counties in the USA. In the USA, the republican party and other groups are still undermining the Vaccination Program.

Also, there are non democratic political organizations and psycho groups in other COUNTRIES that are undermining the Vaccination Program, and perhaps all medical care programs.

Get Vaccinated, when you can.

Wear Masks and following the highest PH measures, whenever you can.

THANK YOU!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 457May 2, 2021 5:19 AM

When I had my first shot of Pfizer, I had a slight soreness in my arm...otherwise, it was fine. I had my second shot last Thursday. Again, I got soreness in my arm...only I felt more tired. I slept well that night. I did get up once and noticed I felt warmer. I might have had a slight temperature. I wasn't sweating or chilled...just warmer. I was still a little tired the next day. I feel fine now for the most part. My reactions to the vaccine were minimum. I'm glad I got it done and it's over with. I'm 66 years old.

by Anonymousreply 458May 2, 2021 6:26 AM

I took my J&J in a small western Iowa town. I was buzzed in as soon as I got there and thanked at least 4 times. The waiting area played 60s country music after I got my shot. Gotta love rural health systems!

by Anonymousreply 459May 2, 2021 6:31 AM

I had my first Pfizer dose one week ago and I have an itchy rash on my armpits, lower chest, belly, and hips. It’s not the raised pus rash - more like chicken pox or measles.

I’ve clipped my nails down to the quick and I’m taking flu medicine that contains antihistamines. It’s what I have handy.

by Anonymousreply 460May 2, 2021 6:45 AM

First Pfizer: sore neck on the injection side for a good couple of days. Web search says it's usually swollen lymph nodes in response to the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 461May 2, 2021 7:18 AM

It’s been 12 hours since my shot and my arm is getting sore, I have slight chills and I’m getting a headache.

by Anonymousreply 462May 2, 2021 8:07 AM

I had the first Moderna shot last Wednesday. I just have a tiny bruise at the injection site. I've been taking one Bayer Low Dose aspirin (81 mg) to help prevent blood clots.

I've having been feeling very fatigued since the lockdown and my hair started falling out a few months ago. My blood test results were good, so it's a mystery what I'm so tired unless it's stress. I've been taking Biotin and it's really slowed down my hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 463May 2, 2021 8:25 AM

^^^ I take one a day of the Bayer Low Dose aspirin.

by Anonymousreply 464May 2, 2021 8:30 AM

I took Moderna Part 2 just yesterday at 9:30am. I was ok until 10:30 pm, when I started shivering to where I need 6 blankets to keep me warm in bed. It's cooler in Brooklyn but it's not teeth chattering weather. This is obviously side effects to the vaccine.

I should add I drank a huge amount of water before and after the shot to allegedly minimize the side effects.

by Anonymousreply 465May 2, 2021 8:37 AM

I have allergies and I’m congested. Is it OK for me to take an antihistamine now if it’s been 36 hours since I received my second shot? Will it reduce efficacy?

by Anonymousreply 466May 2, 2021 8:45 AM

I got the Pfizer 1 and 2 like all the cool people with no significant side effects.

Tell all your peeps to get it done and let's get over this weird phase of history.

by Anonymousreply 467May 2, 2021 9:46 AM

Can we stop adding dumbass/fake posts??

by Anonymousreply 468May 2, 2021 10:34 AM

No, and sadly, R468, some people apparently can’t as this is too often the dementia and disinformation room of the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 469May 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Where are people getting the idea that taking pain relievers has an impact on the vaccine's efficacy? This is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 470May 2, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote] First Pfizer: sore neck on the injection side for a good couple of days.

You shouldn’t have let them inject it into your neck.

by Anonymousreply 471May 2, 2021 1:20 PM

What are the “dumbass fake posts” in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 472May 2, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]I got the Pfizer 1 and 2 like all the cool people with no significant side effects. Tell all your peeps to get it done and let's get over this weird phase of history.

Perhaps if you're really interested in encouraging everyone to get vaccinated you shouldn't be suggesting that they should accept nothing but the Pfizer vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 473May 2, 2021 3:33 PM

R466, it's absolutely fine to take antihistamines post-vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 474May 2, 2021 3:44 PM

My immunologist told me to take an antihistamine 30 minutes before the shots.

by Anonymousreply 475May 2, 2021 4:08 PM

[quote]Where are people getting the idea that taking pain relievers has an impact on the vaccine's efficacy? This is bullshit.

The CDC does say it can have an impact if you take any before your vaccination. It's due to the "controlled inflammation" that is part of the immune response being affected. They then go on to say that impeding that "controlled inflammation" can lessen the production of antibodies and that you should wait until the inflammatory process is occurring before medicating. So, in my mind, that means don't take any before the vaccination and wait until you actually have a fever or pain and swelling after the vaccination to take any anti-inflammatory medication. You want some inflammatory response to make sure your immune system has begun the process of producing antibodies with full efficacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476May 2, 2021 7:23 PM

Posting the article below because people like this keep repeating this falsehood about the COVID vaccines and I can’t fuckin believe it:

[quote]you should keep wearing masks in many situations because the vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent serious illness.

Yes, keep wearing masks in many situations (not sure what those would be—I guess in stores and other public, indoor spaces where masks are required). But not because the vaccines don’t prevent infection and spread. Wear masks because no one is going to take your word for it that you’re fully vaccinated.

The article is 2 weeks old, but no studies have come out to contradict its points.

[quote] Yes, vaccines block most transmission of COVID-19

[quote]The latest data show that getting a shot not only protects vaccinated individuals, it reduces the chance they can spread the virus to others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 2, 2021 10:12 PM

Pfizer #2 this morning. So far, so good.

by Anonymousreply 478May 2, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote] COVID-19 vaccines have provided an opportunity to slow the spread of the virus and end the pandemic. Now scientists are trying to learn just how much the vaccines can prevent transmission from occurring at all. New data from the CDC shows that COVID-19 infections do occur in vaccinated people, but they appear exceptionally rare.

[quote]As of April 14, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had received reports that 5,814 fully vaccinated people had developed COVID-19 infections. Nearly half of these infections (45 percent) were in people at least 60 years old. Seven percent of people with breakthrough infections—infections that occur after complete vaccination—were hospitalized and one percent died.

[quote]With more than 85 million people in the United States fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the CDC has been cautiously expanding guidelines about what those fully vaccinated people can safely do. The expansion has been gradual as experts awaited data on not just how well the COVID-19 vaccines prevent disease, but also whether a fully vaccinated individual could develop an infection—without symptoms—and unknowingly pass the virus along to someone else.

[quote]The distinction is important because many people do not realize that vaccines primarily prevent the disease but not necessarily infection. That means not all vaccines block fully vaccinated people from transmitting the pathogen to others.

[quote]“The holy grail of vaccine development always is to stop people from ever getting infected, but it is monumentally difficult to get that,” says Jason Kindrachuk, an assistant professor of virology at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada. That holy grail is called sterilizing immunity, completely protecting a person from disease as well as stopping the microbe from getting into cells in the first place, he says.

[quote]Four months after the Food and Drug Administration authorized the first vaccines against COVID-19, the CDC has enough data to suggest the vaccines substantially reduce infections—and therefore reduce the possibility of a vaccinated person infecting others.

(Cont.)

by Anonymousreply 479May 2, 2021 10:16 PM

Cont. from R479...

[quote] How vaccines protect people

[quote]Vaccines work by mimicking an infection in the body to trick the immune system into mounting a defense against it—and then remembering what to do if they see the same pathogen again, explains Juliet Morrison, an assistant professor of microbiology at the University of California, Riverside.

[quote]After any infection, “you have white blood cells, specifically T and B cells, that hang around and remember that initial infection so that if you do become infected again, these memory cells respond by immediately multiplying their numbers,” she says. The B cells produce antibodies that bind to circulating viruses and infected cells while T cells “basically punch holes in the infected cell and pump them full of these toxins that tell the infected cell to commit suicide.”

[quote]A vaccine induces the same immune memory as an infection so if the real virus comes along, the immune system switches on immediately and produces T cells, B cells, and antibodies.

[quote]“That will allow you to clear the infection without you even recognizing that you’ve gotten sick,” Morrison says.

[quote]What’s key, however, is that you did actually have an infection. That is, the virus entered cells and began replicating. The immune system simply shut it all down before the virus or the immune system itself began damaging tissue—the disease process, explains Kindrachuk.

(Cont.)

by Anonymousreply 480May 2, 2021 10:18 PM

Cont. from R480

[quote] Asymptomatic infections can still transmit the virus

[quote]If the virus enters cells and begins replicating but never causes disease, that’s an asymptomatic infection. With presymptomatic infections, on the other hand, a person goes on to develop symptoms and is especially contagious in the days before symptoms appear, says Natalie Dean, an assistant professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

[quote] “We know from contact tracing data unrelated to vaccines that people who never develop symptoms tend to be less infectious,” Dean says.

[quote] Morrison adds that asymptomatic people probably have an excellent initial immune response to slow down how quickly the virus can copy itself, “but not enough that viral replication is completely shut off,” she says. “That’s why they could still shed virus but we’re not seeing any disease symptoms.”

[quote]Supporting that idea is the fact that the severity of COVID-19 disease tends to correlate with the total number of viruses in the body, called viral load, Kindrachuk says. Early research showed that people with lower viral loads transmit less virus, further suggesting that asymptomatic infections are less contagious than symptomatic ones. But less is not zero: People with asymptomatic infections still have replicating viruses in their system that they can transmit to others.

[quote]When the vaccines were authorized, experts did not yet know whether the shots could prevent infections entirely or whether vaccinated people could develop an asymptomatic—but still contagious—infection.

(Cont.)

by Anonymousreply 481May 2, 2021 10:20 PM

Cont. from R481:

[quote]Why didn’t clinical trials track infections? The clinical trials testing vaccines from Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Johnson & Johnson measured each vaccine’s ability to prevent serious disease, not its ability to block transmission of the virus.

[quote]“Frankly, transmission wasn’t the primary concern at that point of the trials,” Kindrachuk says. “It was to make sure people weren’t getting sick.”

[quote]With thousands of people being hospitalized and dying every day, the first priority was to measure whether a vaccine prevented severe disease and death. While researchers recognized that it was important to measure whether vaccines prevented asymptomatic infection, doing that was very difficult and costly, Dean says. So researchers tracked symptomatic infections instead. That left unanswered the question of whether any vaccinated people without symptoms could have an asymptomatic infection.

[quote]“There were some questions about whether you could still have virus in your nose and still be infectious,” Dean says.

[quote]Even a tiny amount of virus in a vaccinated person might present a risk to others.

[quote] “We don’t have a good idea of what the infectious dose is for somebody—how much virus you have to be exposed to to get infected,” Kindrachuk says. “It’s not about the one dose you get in a single moment, but the accumulation over minutes to hours.”

(Cont.)

by Anonymousreply 482May 2, 2021 10:21 PM

Cont. from R482

[quote] Early data looked promising Although the vaccine manufacturers did not track infections for all phase three trial participants, they did gather some data. Moderna tested all participants when they received their second dose and reported in December that fewer asymptomatic infections occurred in the vaccinated group than the placebo group after the first dose. Johnson & Johnson also reported data from nearly 3,000 phase three trial participants who were tested two months after vaccination to see if they had antibodies from a new infection since vaccination. That preliminary data suggested a 74 percent reduction in asymptomatic infection.

[quote]Those findings hinted that the vaccines had the ability to prevent infections. That development was followed by three preprints—not yet peer-reviewed—that suggested even more good news. One found that people vaccinated with one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine had viral loads up to 20 times lower than viral loads in unvaccinated, infected people.

[quote] Two others, from the Mayo Clinic and the U.K., included more than 85,000 routinely tested healthcare workers who were fully vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The vaccine reduced infection by 85 to 89 percent. All this evidence underscores all three vaccines’ ability to prevent infection in the majority of those vaccinated.

[quote]A consensus begins to emerge

[quote]More evidence accumulated in March with a slew of studies about the mRNA vaccines. One with 9,109 healthcare workers in Israel found infections cut by 75 percent after two doses of the Pfize-BioNTech vaccine. Another revealed that the viral load fell fourfold in those who received one dose and then developed an infection.

[quote]Among more than 39,000 people screened for infection at the Mayo Clinic, patients had a 72 percent lower risk of infection 10 days after the first dose of either mRNA vaccine and 80 percent lower after both doses. The New England Journal of Medicine published research letters showing reduced infections in fully vaccinated healthcare workers at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, the Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center in Jerusalem, and the University of California in Los Angeles and San Diego.

[quote] The most persuasive evidence, according to Dean, came from an early April CDC study of 3,950 healthcare workers who were tested weekly for three months after receiving both doses of either mRNA vaccine. Full vaccination reduced infection—regardless of symptoms—by 90 percent, and a single dose reduced infection by 80 percent.

[quote]Then there’s the evidence all around us, Kindrachuk says.

[quote]“We’ve seen a pretty drastic decrease of transmission in the country,” he says. “That suggests not only are the vaccines protecting against severe disease but it suggests there’s a reduction in transmission.”

[quote]Taken together, the evidence shows that full vaccination with either mRNA vaccine cuts risk of infection by at least half after one dose, and by 75 to 90 percent two weeks after the second dose. Though less research is available on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the trial data suggest an infection reduction of more than 70 percent is likely. With the vaccines preventing this much infection, they’re also stopping the majority of vaccinated people from passing along the virus.

(Cont.)

by Anonymousreply 483May 2, 2021 10:24 PM

Cont. from R483

[quote]Along come the variants

[quote]The concern now is how much the variants might change the game, Kindrachuk says. Several of the studies from England and Israel with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine occurred when the B.1.1.7 variant was dominant.

[quote]“The vaccines seem to be holding their own against the variants, but we also know that these variants tend to be more transmissible,” Kindrachuk says. One concern is that greater transmissibility could mean it takes a lower dose to get infected, he says.

[quote]Since the vaccines don’t block 100 percent of infections, it’s possible that vaccinated people who develop an asymptomatic infection from that variant could be more contagious than they would have been before with the strain dominant since early in the pandemic.

[quote]Further, there isn’t as much data for the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines against B.1.1.7 infections, and virtually no data on infections from the other two variants of concern, B.1.351 from South Africa and P.1 from Brazil, both of which have shown some ability to evade antibodies against other variants of the COVID-19 virus.

[quote] Scientists are also studying how well the variants replicate.

[quote]“If they’re replicating to higher levels, then there could be more viral shedding and more opportunity for transmission,” Morrison says.

[quote]The future still looks bright

[quote]Despite the uncertainty posed by the variants, the overall picture right now is reassuring, Dean says.

[quote]“These vaccines have really exceeded expectations in so many ways, and it’s just an enormous value that they can keep you from getting sick but also keep you from transmitting to others,” she says. “Nothing is 100 percent, but I think people can understand the big reduction and the value of that. It changes how I think about what I want to do in a big way.”

[quote]But that doesn’t mean throwing caution to the wind, Morrison says.

[quote]“If you’re vaccinated, you can pretty much assume that you are protected against severe disease and very likely protected against enough infection to transmit, but because we have these variants emerging and the fact that we’re not even close to herd immunity, people should still be taking precautions,” Morrison says.

[quote]Interacting with other vaccinated people without masks makes sense, but she also agrees with the CDC recommendation for vaccinated people to visit without masks or social distancing only with low-risk unvaccinated people in a single household. With so many infections still occurring daily, that limitation further reduces the likelihood of vaccinated people picking up and spreading infections from an unvaccinated home.

[quote]“The real worry is for the unvaccinated people you come into contact with,” she adds. “Even if the potential for them to pass it on to you is low, it’s not zero.” Similarly, an infected vaccinated person has lower—but not a zero—likelihood of infecting others who aren’t vaccinated or have conditions or medications suppressing their immune systems.

[quote]The more vaccinations increase, the more everyone’s risk of infection drops, Dean says.

[quote]“I still think about how much transmission is ongoing in my community,” Dean says. “We’re starting to see the population level impact of vaccines, but every single person vaccinated adds up to feeling safer about getting together.” — BY TARA HAELLE

(End)

by Anonymousreply 484May 2, 2021 10:28 PM

I posted earlier. I had my second shot yesterday afternoon. Felt ok until the evening when I got the beginnings of a migraine. Woke up this morning feeling ok then it hit: chills, headache, dry cough, tired, weak, slightly nauseous, irritable as hell, hungry. Just a mess.

by Anonymousreply 485May 3, 2021 2:33 AM

Felt lightheaded, not to the point I'd call dizzy, about a week after both my first and second Pfizer shots. Lymph nodes swelled up after the second dose.

by Anonymousreply 486May 3, 2021 3:04 AM

My arm hurt so bad for 3 days, though just my upper arm. I was sick and felt out of it. I think I had covid back in the beginning. I was sick for 3 weeks. 3 days vaccine immune response is better than having covid for any length of time.

GET VACCINATED!

by Anonymousreply 487May 3, 2021 3:28 AM

i have 19 days until my next Moderna and am counting the days.

by Anonymousreply 488May 3, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] a headache so bad, it hurt to breath.

Looks like it caused brain fog too.

by Anonymousreply 489May 3, 2021 1:22 PM

Moderna 2nd shot yesterday afternoon. Almost 24 hours later nothing much to report outside of a sore arm which is completely manageable. Will keep you all posted if anything changes.

by Anonymousreply 490May 4, 2021 7:06 PM

R490 how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 491May 4, 2021 7:49 PM

Pfizer ... I've had both shots now, with my effective date being May 14.

I had nearly zero reaction to either dose ... not counting getting hot and bothered when the second dose was given to me by a HOT paramedic wearing a tight polo and snug pants.

Seriously, though, within and hour or so, my eyes felt a little swollen, and watery like when there's dust or smog in the air, but that passed after a few hours. The only other reaction I had is that I would suddenly sneeze five or six times in a row. That happened a few times per day and only lasted about three days. Both of these "allergy-like" symptoms came and went like clockwork with each dose.

That's it.

by Anonymousreply 492May 4, 2021 8:04 PM

R491 — I’m 59.

by Anonymousreply 493May 4, 2021 11:42 PM

Also have had the five or six quick "allergy" sneezes for a few days now.

by Anonymousreply 494May 5, 2021 4:02 AM

I had my second Moderna shot 24 hours ago. Arm hurts a bit more than the first one. Also, I have a headache and and my whole body aches mildly. Nothing horrible or extreme at all.

by Anonymousreply 495May 5, 2021 1:40 PM

I have my 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow and I'm horribly afraid.

by Anonymousreply 496May 5, 2021 9:33 PM

Don’t be, r496.

Seriously. It’s truly nothing.

Had ‘em both.

by Anonymousreply 497May 5, 2021 10:45 PM

R495 how old are you?

Sorry but every time someone says no reaction I have to ask.

by Anonymousreply 498May 5, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote]I have my 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow and I'm horribly afraid.

Small wonder, after hearing from all the whiners on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 499May 6, 2021 12:23 AM

Moderna already has the booster shot ready to go which protects against the Brazilian and South African variants. I think they are now modifying their vaccine to include the extra variant protection going forward. I'm sure Pfizer will follow suit.

by Anonymousreply 500May 6, 2021 1:32 AM

Az, no side effects at all so now I'm wondering if it worked.

by Anonymousreply 501May 6, 2021 1:35 AM

I swear the vaccine changed my personality! I’m normally and easy-going person who doesn't anger easily and pretty positive; but since the second shot, I’m easily angered, crabby, annoyed all the time, emotional. It’s so weird.

by Anonymousreply 502May 6, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote] I swear the vaccine changed my personality! I’m normally and easy-going person who doesn't anger easily and pretty positive; but since the second shot, I’m easily angered, crabby, annoyed all the time, emotional.

If nothing else, now you’ll fit in on DL.

by Anonymousreply 503May 6, 2021 2:05 AM

I just got my first dose of Pfizer tonight. For some reason, it is making me fart a lot.

by Anonymousreply 504May 6, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]Az, no side effects at all so now I'm wondering if it worked.

I had no side effects at all from either shot of Moderna and was wondering whether I had been given a saline solution by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 505May 6, 2021 2:44 AM

R502, the shots may have an affect on hormones. A lot of women are reporting issues from strange periods to women who've been in menopause for years having some hot flashes. I'd assume it would be the same for male hormones but their reported side effects wouldn't be as obvious because it might just make them irritated and moody. If you're a man, that's kind of what you described.

by Anonymousreply 506May 6, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote] since the second shot, I’m easily angered, crabby, annoyed all the time

I assume you'll be spending a lot more time on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 507May 6, 2021 3:48 AM

Ugh r502 i hope not.

by Anonymousreply 508May 6, 2021 3:52 AM

59 YO here. Posted up thread. Had my 2nd Moderna shot well over 48 hours ago. No nasty side effects whatsoever. Bit of a sore arm but definitely manageable — my arm hurt much more after the first shot. Anyway — phew—I might have dodged a bullet.

This thread really helped me wrap my brain around my whole vaccination experience so thanks to everyone who contributed.

by Anonymousreply 509May 6, 2021 6:50 AM

58, R498.

by Anonymousreply 510May 6, 2021 10:17 AM

Had it 4 hours ago, don't feel anything yet not even arm pain. I'm 25.

by Anonymousreply 511May 6, 2021 12:20 PM

R498, for your spreadsheet:

Of the four people I personally know who got Pfizer and had no side effects, their ages are:

by Anonymousreply 512May 6, 2021 12:25 PM

R512 well I’m 42 and Pfizer kicked my ass on dose 2.

by Anonymousreply 513May 6, 2021 12:27 PM

Could be because you’re a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 514May 6, 2021 12:32 PM

[quote] Had it 4 hours ago, don't feel anything yet not even arm pain. I'm 25.

Loss of sensation sounds serious.

by Anonymousreply 515May 6, 2021 4:02 PM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 516May 7, 2021 3:28 AM

next week, i am going to be under the weather for 3 days by choice. I will be receiving my second dose. This is because I DON"T WANT TO KILL ANYONE.

Get Vaccinated, when you can.

by Anonymousreply 517May 7, 2021 3:32 AM

2 Weeks Until 2nd Dose. I Can't Wait. I Scheduled My Appointment For A Friday So I Have Two Days To Recover. Hoping It's Not Too Bad.

by Anonymousreply 518May 7, 2021 3:35 AM

I got the first Moderna shot 12 days ago. Today, I woke up with a rash near the injection site on my arm. The red area is about the size of an English muffin. I took some Benedryl and put Aloe Vera gel on it. I've got to admit that it scares me.

by Anonymousreply 519May 10, 2021 6:41 AM

I am scheduled for the first AstraZeneca shot next week (I’m in Australia - AZ is all that’s on offer).

Interesting for me as:

a) I had Covid in January 2020 (the real deal - hospitalised for two weeks, on a ventilator for one week, medevaced home)

And

b) I was hospitalised with blood clots on both lungs in June 2020 - long Covid. I’m still on blood thinners so am concerned about the AZ clotting issues but would rather risk the clots than to get Covid again

by Anonymousreply 520May 10, 2021 6:55 AM

As you're on blood thinners, R520, I imagine you're probably less likely to get clots as long as your INR is stable and within range. If you're on warfarin (as an example), your blood will not only be 'thinner', but will contain stronger anti-coagulant properties, too.

by Anonymousreply 521May 10, 2021 6:58 AM

I had my 1st does of Moderna and had a slightly sore arm for 2 days and was very fatigued the day after but no biggie. My 2nd dose is scheduled for next Thurs after work. I told my boss I was planning to be unwell on Friday and was scheduling a preemptive sick day. He was not amused but I don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 522May 10, 2021 7:02 AM

Thanks R521 - I’m hoping that that’s the case. I’m hoping to come off the blood thinners - Apixaban - next month, after a year. So just a little edgy re anything clot related!

by Anonymousreply 523May 10, 2021 7:14 AM

i scheduled my 2nd shot on a Friday morning, just like the first one. I've heard you usually don't start feeling any potential side effects for at least a couple of hours. On my first shot, i just had some soreness at the shot site and slept through much of Saturday. Was fine by Sunday. However, everyone at work will be reminded about the 2nd shot just in case i need to duck out of work earlier on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 524May 10, 2021 7:16 AM

R519, don't worry too much. It's covid arm. It's a documented side effect. It's harmless and temporary and will go away soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525May 10, 2021 8:14 AM

[quote]I swear the vaccine changed my personality! I’m normally and easy-going person who doesn't anger easily and pretty positive; but since the second shot, I’m easily angered, crabby, annoyed all the time, emotional. It’s so weird.

Nice work Olga, I hope you get to Moscow some day. In the interim, a few notes on successful trolling. The use of an exclamation point too early in the post looks suspicious to most Americans. At least half of America is easy to fool with a blunt con, so it's a rookie mistake, pechen'ye. Also inserting "emotional" after listing a series of specific emotions is a tell that English is not your native language.

Try again, and insert an anecdote about how getting the vaccine made you into a baby kicking, dog hating monster who craves red meat. Don't tell us what you feel, SHOW us with examples of erratic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 526May 10, 2021 11:38 AM

[quote]a) I had Covid in January 2020 (the real deal - hospitalised for two weeks, on a ventilator for one week, medevaced home)

Jesus! Why didn’t you tell us? We could’ve gotten you some ice cream or something.

Well, “tell us” may not have been the best choice of words, what with the ventilator and all, but still.

by Anonymousreply 527May 10, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] The red area is about the size of an English muffin.

Note to self: I am NOT having breakfast at his house. He uses his food to measure rashes!

by Anonymousreply 528May 10, 2021 9:59 PM

10 hours after #2. How long until I’m out of the woods?

by Anonymousreply 529May 11, 2021 12:25 AM

A bowel movement every 12-24 hours is normal.

by Anonymousreply 530May 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Thanks so much, R527, but I’m not a fan of ice cream - not bring morbidly obese, like so many of your countrymen.

And you, I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 531May 11, 2021 12:42 AM

But he's clearly not an asshole like you've shown yourself to be, R520/R531. And he can spell better.

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 532May 11, 2021 11:43 AM

Got my 2nd Moderna shot today. It surprised me how elated I felt about it.

It's been about six hours since, and I just have a sore arm, but it took about ten hours for the fever to start with the first shot. If I get the same symptoms, I WILL take the 2nd half of a tylenol, caution be damned.

by Anonymousreply 533May 11, 2021 11:40 PM

Moderna. #1 Sore arm. #2 Got a little dizzy after about 45 minutes. Then temp went up to about 98.9. I usually run 96 or 97 so for me that’s a low grade fever. Then I felt not exactly crappy, just a little out of sorts. Whole thing only lasted a few hours. I went to bed early and slept it off.

by Anonymousreply 534May 12, 2021 12:06 AM

R530 you’re funny but day and a half, so far am ok. Just got very knocked out last night but no fever, etc. Hopefully that’s it.

My arm is much more sore than last time however. She didn’t do it high up enough is the key. The woman who gave my first shot was a master.

by Anonymousreply 535May 12, 2021 12:20 AM

I get my second Moderna shot this week. First shot very little if no side effects.

by Anonymousreply 536May 12, 2021 12:21 AM

I got my second Pfizer shot about 9 hours ago. My arm actually hurts less than it did from the first shot, which burned going in and then got sore right away. I feel tired and have a headache and Tylenol didn't help much. I have a very slight fever (less than 1 degree above normal). I had no fever at all from the first shot.

Overall, I have had worse reactions from some flu and pneumonia vaccines. I recall a tetanus shot being much more painful than any of these.

Overall, no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 537May 12, 2021 12:50 AM

Damn r531.

Here I was trying to be nice and you slap back with nothing but insults.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 538May 12, 2021 1:07 AM

more arm soreness was bad for 3 days (just upper) but it went away. This side effect is normal and management, not serious at all.

by Anonymousreply 539May 12, 2021 2:21 AM

I get a second dose of Pizer this month. I hope I do not have any side effects.

by Anonymousreply 540May 12, 2021 2:22 AM

An immune response is better any day of the week than covid. I do not want covid, and nor do you.

by Anonymousreply 541May 12, 2021 2:23 AM

Thanks R525 Tonight I read articles about Covid Arm or sometimes they call it Moderna Arm. But now, I've noticed some small broken blood vessels on the inside of one knee and some on the inside calf of my other leg. I hope I don't end up with permanent varicose veins.

by Anonymousreply 542May 12, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote] This side effect is normal and management,

I hate management.

by Anonymousreply 543May 12, 2021 3:21 PM

my best friend got the pfizer. no side effect. His temp went up to 99.3 on the 2nd day of 2nd dose but other than that. nothing.

by Anonymousreply 544May 12, 2021 3:24 PM

First one back in April gave me a sore arm 3 days and I slept 12 hours the day after. However, I was also tired from running around to a bunch of doctor appointments. Yesterday I got the second Pfizer jab. To celebrate I went to an outdoor dining terrace for wine and a nice steak with my roommate. This morning she had chills and around lunch in the farmer's market I suddenly felt achy, tired and stoned. She said the same. Slight pain at injection site. Most people we talked to at work also had some slight pain, a bit of fatigue, chills or any combo but it beats getting COVID.

by Anonymousreply 545May 12, 2021 4:16 PM

It killed me.

by Anonymousreply 546May 12, 2021 9:10 PM

I have a stomach bug or food poisoning. Then, I was due for my second dose of Pfizer and received it this morning. Wish me luck.

by Anonymousreply 547May 13, 2021 6:55 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 548May 13, 2021 10:17 PM

I get Moderna 2 tomorrow. One of my coworkers got her second yesterday and she woke up overnight feeling feverish, got up to go to the bathroom and was awaken on the floor by her husband. She had fainted.

by Anonymousreply 549May 13, 2021 10:20 PM

I got my first Pfizer shot the other day. No side effects, yet.

by Anonymousreply 550May 13, 2021 10:28 PM

I get my second Pfizer tomorrow but I really want to go to a CVS for it instead of back to Javits Center. Anybody know if that’s possible? I’ve talked to people who insist it is, that they know people who’ve done it. My CVS around the corner, which by all indications has a surplus, is far more convenient than spending well over an hour for a round trip on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 551May 13, 2021 10:35 PM

I believe you can, but they open vaccine vials on the basis of number of appointments, so you might be responsible for some wastage. Opened vials can't be carried over to the next day.

by Anonymousreply 552May 13, 2021 11:08 PM

R537 here. I woke up with chills/fever yesterday (day after 2nd Pfizer shot) and a horrible headache. It felt like a migraine but without light-sensitivity. I iced my neck and head for a few hours and took Tylenol every couple of hours. Today, I'm 100% back to normal; not even any soreness at the injection site.

by Anonymousreply 553May 14, 2021 12:31 AM

How did that second Pfizer shot work out for you, R547?

by Anonymousreply 554May 14, 2021 1:46 AM

There was a line at my pharmacy today. People do want the vaccine. Also encouraging, people showed up to ask about getting one, though they directed people the county website, which is crap.

by Anonymousreply 555May 14, 2021 3:37 AM

Ok - so this “COVID arm “ thing - I got the Moderna on Monday and luckily didn’t get any symptoms aside from being totally exhausted - but FUCK MY ARM - the entire top half is totally hot red and swollen and itching like I have the worlds worst mosquito bite. Is this normal and what does it mean? I feel like I must have poison in my blood system or something it’s freaking me out a little.

by Anonymousreply 556May 14, 2021 3:51 AM

[quote]Ok - so this “COVID arm “ thing - I got the Moderna on Monday and luckily didn’t get any symptoms aside from being totally exhausted - but FUCK MY ARM - the entire top half is totally hot red and swollen and itching like I have the worlds worst mosquito bite. Is this normal and what does it mean? I feel like I must have poison in my blood system or something it’s freaking me out a little.

My reaction as well. Couldn't use my shoulder at all. Used my elbow to move my hand to grab stuff. Which kind of looks funny. Got my second dose today, so far just a little tenderness.

by Anonymousreply 557May 14, 2021 4:07 AM

R557 I didn’t get this at all with my first shot. I think it totally has to do with how good the person is who gives the shot - no one I know who got a shot from this particular woman any had reactions in that way at all.

by Anonymousreply 558May 14, 2021 4:10 AM

A little tender and stiff w/Moderna for about 18 hours...didn't even hurt going in. But not swollen or red at all (that I noticed).

Second shot is next Friday.

by Anonymousreply 559May 14, 2021 4:33 AM

My arm/shoulder was very stiff within about 12 hours of the shot and it lasted several days but I didn't get swelling and redness as described above, which I find interesting because I have a serious allergic disorder. Maybe the antihistamines I take controlled those symptoms. I did have achy joints in my lower body hours after the shot and the next day and was fatigued and sleepy for several days.

A coworker of mine got a big, swollen red lump on her shoulder that she thought was a bug bite after her first shot. It came about a week after the shot and it really freaked her out, lasted for days before going down. She just had her second shot and had a major reaction, including feverish symptoms and she fainted.

People keep telling me to drink Pedialyte or Gatorade after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 560May 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Smart Water is better than Gatorade or Pedialyte because it doesn't have sugar in it.

I got Covid Arm on the 12th day after the Moderna Shot #1. A poster reassured me that it wasn't dangerous. After reading articles about it being harmless, I calmed down. I took Benadryl and put Aloe Vera gel on the rash. The red rash developed near the injection site and was the size of an English muffin.

A day after that I noticed small blue spider views on the inside of my right leg on the inner side. There were 2 more small areas of blasted veins on my left leg on the inner side.

It is starting to fade away.

I will post the article links.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561May 14, 2021 6:00 PM

Another Covid Arm article...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 14, 2021 6:01 PM

One more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563May 14, 2021 6:03 PM

Dermatologists have set up a registry to report your Covid Arm but they want health professionals to fill out the survey. I'm going to print out the survey, fill it in, and give it to my vaccinator when I go back for my second Moderna shot and have her submit it.

I think one of the articles above, lists different links for reporting it.

Of course, Moderna's manufacturer is saying that they only know of 4 cases of Covid Arm. There's more than 4 patients' photos of their rash on Google Images!

Yesterday and today, I've felt slightly nauseous, was sweating at times, got chills, and felt a slight heaviness in my chest. My temperature is low -- 97.7 and my oxygen is 98 to 99.

I've had tingling legs on and off for about 5 days.

I feel tired, but I've felt fatigue the whole year. I think I may have had Covid the day after Xmas 2019. I felt bad all of Jan 2020. No temperature but diarrhea and GI distress. I was tested negative for h-pylori. At that time, GI symptoms weren't part of the Covid symptom list and I wasn't tested for Covid.

I tested negative for Covid antibodies in March of this year, but it was most likely too late for the test,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564May 14, 2021 6:13 PM

Also, you're supposed to put ice on the red rash. My red patch wasn't that itchy and didn't have a lump, but the skin looked and felt like I had brushed egg whites on it.

The red patch started to fade 2 days after I started the Benadryl. The blasted veins have faded a tiny bit.

by Anonymousreply 565May 14, 2021 6:21 PM

Anyone had Covid cock yet?

by Anonymousreply 566May 14, 2021 6:26 PM

I just got my second dose of Pzizer. It the same response. My upper arm is very sore, not usable. Lower arm fine, so I can whine on DL. I have body aches, headaches, dizziness, brain fog, and feeling very heavy and some other symptoms. I'm not doing anything today, home. You are sick, without being sick. It's weird. I am tired too. Hopefully, this goes away tomorrow.

It's like the flu, some people get worst flu like symtoms. I think this means I would have fucking died from Covid.

GET VACCINATED! You can deal with flu like symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 567May 15, 2021 1:30 AM

Second Moderna this afternoon. Like last time, my tinnitus got much louder and I had pressure in my ear within minutes of getting the shot, so that wasn't all in my head. I had chills within a few hours and was all bundled up until about an hour ago. My left arm is sore but not too bad. I am a little tired but not totally exhausted, and I have a very mild headache. Drinking lots of water. Hoping I will wake up feeling fine.

by Anonymousreply 568May 15, 2021 1:35 AM

R568 here. Update: HELLISH night. I woke up around midnight absolutely freezing, shivering with my teeth clattering, a bad headache, dizzy and nauseated. I dragged myself out of bed to put on layers of warm clothes and blankets and took Tylenol, drank lots of water and hot ginger tea. I warmed up after about an hour and went back to bed feeling sick to my stomach. My eyes were dry and scratchy, too.

I got up again at 6am, shivering again and with a crushing headache and pain in my left ear. My left arm hurts but not as much as all my joints do. I took a meclizine for the nauseousness.

I haven't had a fever according to my thermometer, but taking Tylenol while I has chills causes me to burn up within about an hour, like a fever coming down.

This is so much worse than I thought it might be. It really does feel like the flu without respiratory distress and Tylenol only helps the pain moderately. I'm really surprised by the intensity of this reaction.

by Anonymousreply 569May 15, 2021 1:05 PM

R569 I had very similar reactions to my second Pfizer dose. If that’s what the flu feels like, count me out! The Rona would definitely kill me! I’m going to keep wearing masks for a while.

by Anonymousreply 570May 15, 2021 1:51 PM

r557 here. Got my second Moderna shot on Thursday. I experienced pretty much the same symptoms as before, but stronger. My arm was useless above my elbow, the whole area around the shot was very tender. Then I slept for 36 hours, after that I spent the next day underneath blankets. I didn't feel cold, I just want to be warm - weird sensation. An overall malaise, where I felt I needed to breathe but I wasn't short of breath. ❓

Today, I'm fine. It's amazing how quickly the symptoms disappear from this "touch of Covid;" I'd hate to get the full experience.

by Anonymousreply 571May 16, 2021 4:48 PM

People complaining about a sore arm or a rash should try getting the shingles vaccine. That was much worse for me.

by Anonymousreply 572May 16, 2021 5:19 PM

I have received my 2nd shot. I'm just feeling like I am recovery from a bad flu, but it is weird, because I never had a bad case of the flu. My 2nd dose was much better than they first dose.

My arm felt almost broken after the first dose, but just the upper part after the first dose. The 2nd dose my arm felt sore, but not as bad as the first time. It went away after a week the first time. And it not that bad this time.

In any case, you can deal with a very bad sore arm or bad flu like symptoms. My advise is to just carve out a 3 days, just in case you need to rest and sleep after the first or second dose, each time.

GET VACCINATED.

by Anonymousreply 573May 17, 2021 12:08 AM

I'm now two days post-second shot and my chills stopped this morning, along with the crushing headache and sore throat and nasal congestion. My body aches have improved. But the spot in my vision came back, my tinnitus is still crazy loud, I have a dull headache and I am having a hot flash right now. It's very strange.

by Anonymousreply 574May 17, 2021 12:15 AM

There's annoying things about Datalounge, but once in a while there's a fascinating thread about some semi-forgotten actress that turns out to be wonderful, of the They're Playing Our Song thread. This vaccination thread is really great too. Very useful and interesting- and helpful for people who were on the fence about getting vaccinated.

Reading the range of experiences- all the common things, and all little out of left field things is so interesting. For me, the two biggest side effects were very sore arm, and tiredness. For the 2nd Moderna shot, I just spent the day in bed. But it wasn't uncomfortable. It was the kind of sleep that feels good.

Thanks everyone for sharing.

And, R538- listen here, honey chile. You pay no nevermind to that R531. Most of us appreciate that you were trying to help. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 575May 17, 2021 6:44 AM

Get vaccinated. You can deal with this side effects.

by Anonymousreply 576May 17, 2021 7:50 AM

And for some people, there are no side effects to speak of. There weren't for me.

by Anonymousreply 577May 17, 2021 8:59 AM

Four days and counting until my 2nd shot!

by Anonymousreply 578May 17, 2021 9:04 AM

Not that it is of particular importance to most DL-ers, but maybe some of our token straight women and lesbian pals can tell us if they got a heavier period? Got spotting on the upholstery as my roommate says she NEVER gets anything but thin pads but after the jab...Niagra "Bloody" Falls 3 days straight.

by Anonymousreply 579May 17, 2021 10:25 AM

r579 I did hear someone who hadn't gotten their period in quite some time got theirs. (in menopause, sometime you can get a period or 3 for 3 or 4 years), so not unusual. I didn't get one with my first shot.

by Anonymousreply 580May 17, 2021 10:31 AM

R579, after the first Pfizer shot, yes. Got period about two weeks early and heavy as hell. Then, my next one was two weeks later than it should have been which makes me believe that the shot triggered the first one to come early. The mother of a friend of mine who is menopausal got a period for the first time in over a year. Covid is now considered a cardiovascular/circulatory system virus which is why the symptoms are so all over the place and probably why it affects the obese and men with worse outcomes.

Of course, as usual when trying to explain away women's experiences, some doctors are saying it's "just stress", as if we haven't been under stress for over a year now. There isn't a lot of information on it because they didn't bother to ask about it in the clinical trials...but I bet they asked about erectile dysfunction problems.

by Anonymousreply 581May 17, 2021 6:59 PM

Ewwwwww David!

by Anonymousreply 582May 17, 2021 8:14 PM

I've been fully Pfizered. No problem after shot #1; I had to press the injection site with my finger to be sure I felt anything.

Slight headache after shot #2 (similar to starting the day without coffee). The headache disappeared after taking two tylenol.

by Anonymousreply 583May 18, 2021 12:39 AM

I had Pfizer and my dick grew 1.9” when soft.

by Anonymousreply 584May 18, 2021 12:45 AM

I had my second Pfizer shot Friday. The first one gave me a headache and 2-3 days of considerable fatigue, in addition to the sore arm. When I went in for the second one at Javits Center, the “intake” girl told me people usually feel side effects from either the first or second shot, but not usually both. I’m glad that was the case for me—the only side effect I had was the sore arm again, but it was no big deal with 500mg of acetaminophen.

Two Fridays from now I’ll be back out there, suckin’ and fuckin’!

by Anonymousreply 585May 18, 2021 5:02 AM

^^by “back out there”, I meant the streets... not Javits Center.

by Anonymousreply 586May 18, 2021 5:04 AM

Anybody heard this theory (which I heard for the first time last night and again today so it feels like one of those bullshit things making the rounds, but I'm curious.)

So as it is told, if you got a vaccine and had strong side effects it may indicate you in fact had undiagnosed COVIDat some point - either asymptomatic or mild. Your system is reacting to the return to the invader. (Which arguably would explain why when you get the flu, which usually has some commonality with previous flu viruses, your body goes nuts fighting it off.)

I had a fever of almost 102 for a night after the vaccine. In Feb 2020 I had a few days illness where I thought 'this isn't a cold, it's flu.' It passed. COVID wasn't an international terror at that point... the story and the spread was just building stem.

Doesn't matter either way but I wondered if there might be merit to this reaction theory or if it's just Facebook shit driving the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 587May 20, 2021 2:06 PM

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last night and my arm is very painful to the point I can barely move it without causing discomfort. I never imagined it would be this bad.

by Anonymousreply 588May 20, 2021 5:27 PM

R588 - I had the same reaction after my first Pfizer shot. I could barely move my arm and I had some body aches. I was ok after a couple of days. Hang in there!

by Anonymousreply 589May 20, 2021 5:31 PM

R587, scientifically, I would say that if you had a strong reaction to your first dose, you might have already had Covid. The reason the second shot gets the most reaction for people who haven't had it is because it's, in layman's terms, "pissing off the immune system". It's basically your immune system recognizing a previous invader and saying enough is enough and putting up a huge killer response that involves all its warriors, T cells, B cells, antibodies, etc. That's why the booster shot gives you more long term protection because those memory cells are created and stay on guard.

So, basically, if you didn't have a reaction to your first dose but did have one to your second, that's usual and you most likely didn't have Covid, at least recently enough to have a bunch of antibodies still present. If you had your strongest reaction to your first dose, you might have had Covid because your body is reacting as if the first dose is the booster because it's recognizing the virus.

by Anonymousreply 590May 20, 2021 6:36 PM

R590 what if you didn’t have much reaction to either (and you’re not old)?

by Anonymousreply 591May 20, 2021 8:50 PM

Just received my second vaccination at 9:20 this morning (Pfizer).

6 hours later, I feel a "tad" sick to my stomach, flushed, and some minor aches and pains.

But this sure beats having covid. I am happy that I am now fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 592May 20, 2021 11:09 PM

Moderna Vax 2 tomorrow morning; for whatever reason, I'm expecting it to hit me sort of hard. First one was fine, some site pain and just very tired the next day and slept a lot. Nothing further.

by Anonymousreply 593May 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Five days of night sweats so far. This is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 594May 21, 2021 12:24 AM

i was kind of wiped out for a week or so. Flu like symptoms, but not the flu.

Get vaccinated, you can deal with flu like symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 595May 21, 2021 2:27 AM

R591, some people just don't have any reaction, just like some people don't get symptoms from Covid. From all the studies, you have the same protection as people who did have a reaction. My own reaction was only to the second dose and it was just that my lymph nodes swelled up. I had the exact same reaction to the flu shot last year. Must just be how I react to vaccines. You are protected.

One thing that has been shown to limit or eliminate the development of immunity after vaccination is having, or maybe having previously had, a blood cancer. Lymphomas, blood cancers, bone marrow cancers, etc. They are studying that now. Don't know about other cancers. Also, if you had an organ transplant, you may not develop a good immune response to the Covid vaccine due to immunosuppressive drugs. Everything is new with this but that's what they are looking at right now.

by Anonymousreply 596May 21, 2021 3:46 AM

Me and my kid (age 12) Pfizer. Me, sore arm both times. My daughter, fine/nothing - no side effects. They used a smaller needle on her FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 597May 21, 2021 3:57 AM

R596 thanks for the reassurance! Yeah, my arm got a crazy ass reaction as I mentioned (like I had the worst allergic bite ever) so perhaps that was my immune systems way of responding. Sure beats getting sick, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 598May 21, 2021 4:28 AM

Okay, post-2nd Moderna vax 6 hours ago. Was fine for awhile, got back home about 1/2 hour after the shot. I picked up an iced tea and breakfast sandwich on the way from Starbucks. Started work, ate most of the sandwich and drank some iced tea.

About half hour later (so an hour after shot), I started feeling somewhat lightheaded but nothing major. My arm was still not really sore at all. 45 minutes later, still light headed and VERY nauseous, some stomach cramps. About 5 minutes later i was in the bathroom for 20 minutes with the FULL complement of gastro side effects (vomit/diarrhea). I took a chewable pepto and it eventually died down to manageable.

Muscled through another 3 1/2 hours of work and called it a day. Still somewhat light-headed, stomach churning now and then. Now, arm is pretty darn sore, stomach still gurgling quite a bit and kind of tired.

I am sure i'll be sleeping through much of tomorrow. Still happy and would do it again...and in 2 weeks I'll be VAF (vaxxed as fuck).

by Anonymousreply 599May 21, 2021 11:24 PM

I am getting my second one tomorrow. I am nervous. I know that's ridiculous but, yeah. I am drinking wine (one glass) and doing breathing exercises. I am worried that I will have a panic attack and my panic attack medication is hydroxyzine hcl which is an antihistamine and you are not supposed to take an antihistamine.

by Anonymousreply 600May 26, 2021 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!