Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid Vaccination: What did you get? Or planning to get?

Where are you in the process of scheduling you covid vaccination?

What vaccine did you get (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson&Johnson)? Another, offered in your country?

What side effects did you get?

by Anonymousreply 187Last Thursday at 3:10 PM

I want to take the JJ, but I cannot find anywhere that offers them. It is hard to schedule anywhere. Everywhere is booked up.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2021

I got the first Moderna shot on 2/12 and the second on 3/12. No problems with either shot.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2021

no side effects

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2021

Pfizer

No side effects

First dose on 3/18, second will be on 4/9.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2021

I got Phizer. First dose in January and 2nd in feb. no side effects

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2021

should I try to get a Pfizer appointment? Or wait for the one shot JJ?

I was hoping for the JJ, since it is easier, one shot and your done. I am not finding anyone that is offering JJs?. The 2-part scheduling process is a mess too.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2021

OP, if you're smart you'll take whatever is offered to you first. J&J, Moderna, or Pfizer, they're all proven effective.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2021

I got Johnson and Johnson. I was happy to be one and done. No side effects. I did take the day after off so I could just sleep in and relax. I think that was a good decision for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2021

I want the JJ too. I recently had surgery and was told I need to wait another month until I am more healed to get the vaccine. Right now in my state, all my co-workers got their first dose and it was Pfizer/Moderna. I am hoping in another month maybe the JJ will be available here.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2021

I got Pfizer through Rite Aid last week. Surprised me because everyone I know who'd gone to Rite-Aid in March got Moderna. My second dose is April 10th.

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2021

I got my first shot of Pfizer juices. Can't wait to get the second shot next month and get on with my life. I may become a nudist.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2021

I got two doses of the Moderna shots. Only side effects I had was soreness in my arm and some fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2021

Pfizer: second dose came with flu like symptoms but only for a day.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2021

I got the J&J as part of the trial. No side effects at all, so I was actually surprised to find out I got the real thing and not the placebo. The first Shingrix shot was worse, and even that wasn't so bad.

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2021

Moderna 1st dose 3/16 no issues except a sore arm. 2nd dose 4/13.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2021

Moderna first dose yesterday at Walgreens. 2nd dose April 21st. Sore arm, but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2021

I haven’t done this, but I’m curious...if you stretch the truth a bit to get an appointment, do they then demand proof or paperwork when you arrive? Do they ever turn anyone away if they suspect they’re jumping the line?

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2021

I got my J&J one-shot vaccine on 3/22. Sore arm first day, was extremely tired the next day, sore arm couldn't sleep the whole night (but I was pretty blazed), today I'm still a little tired and my arm has a little tingliness from the shot. God willing, I'll be back to 100% tomorrow. Much more mild, yet slightly longer in duration than an average flu shot. I'm still following CDC guidelines for living, so I will be wearing multiple masks and other precautions until at least late summer. If the fourth wave happens, I'll be a shut-in geek for another year.

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2021

I'm scheduled to get the vaccine at the end of May but keep checking elsewhere for something sooner. I'll take whatever they have.

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2021

r17 My 18 year old nephew went in for it recently and they did question him a bit but he had a note from work (it is a family manufacturing business). It was because of his age, if you are at least 40 they won't question and won't care if you have a note or not.

by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2021

R17 here in Connecticut you must have ID with you.

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2021

R17 when I was checking in I had to show them the appointment confirmation on my phone and give them my license and insurance card (there is no charge so don’t know if the government bills back the insurance companies). I was not asked for proof that I qualified for the vaccine. However most of the other people registering were uninsured and they were asked for proof of eligibility.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2021

Pfizer - first shot 3/6; 2nd this Saturday. Not even a sore arm. I wonder what the second shot will bring...

by Anonymousreply 2303/25/2021

Anyone else hear the the vaccine is not effective with the Brazil P1variant??? Heard on talk radio and did a quick google search with some saying it is definitely more difficult to treat.

by Anonymousreply 2403/25/2021

I had my first Pfizer 2 days ago. My arm is a bit sore, and I’m pretty draggy. I don’t feel bad, really, just a little lethargic. 2nd one is in 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 2503/25/2021

Got first dose of Pfizer 3/23 at a mass vaccination clinic operated by National Guardsmen in Cleveland Ohio. Left me with very sore arm and achy back, neck and shoulders for 48 hours. Pleased to know I have a strong immune response, aren't you all jealous?

by Anonymousreply 2603/25/2021

Pfizer. First dose a few days ago. 2nd one is scheduled 3 weeks from that.

No side effects other than slight tenderness at the jab location and mild fatigue a couple of days afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 2703/25/2021

R17, Walgreens just had me check a box on a form as to what made me eligible. They asked no questions and asked for no documentation. They never even asked for my ID.

by Anonymousreply 2803/25/2021

R26 Im curious - what would you think would evoke jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 2903/25/2021

r29, I was joking, but they say the younger and more vital you are, the more adverse the side effects tend to be.

by Anonymousreply 3003/25/2021

R26 is under the false impression that the greater the side effects one experiences (immune system response) post vaccination, the greater the efficacy of your vaccine against Covid-19.

How the body reacts to a vaccination is no indication whatsoever as to its effectiveness.

by Anonymousreply 3103/25/2021

I called a person to schedule my appointment bc I was eligible. I called the phone number and the person told be to be patient and wait my turn, and did not make an appointment for me. I am so pissed.

by Anonymousreply 3203/25/2021

r31, I never said the vaccine was more effective with greater side effects. I said greater side effects are an indication of youth and vitality.

by Anonymousreply 3303/25/2021

1st shot this week. Moderna. Slightly sore arm, that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 3403/25/2021

Pfizer. My 2nd is in two weeks. Felt fine afterwards, had cold symptoms the next day including what felt like blocked ears. I also felt tired in a beat up way. The cold symptoms and ears cleared up by afternoon, the tired/beat up feeling continued for a couple of days. I was fine after that.

by Anonymousreply 3503/25/2021

R33 Your post at R26 strongly infers it. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 3603/25/2021

r36, your post strongly infers you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3703/25/2021

in my area (republican), there are younger, healthy people who have been vaccinated, while elderly and sick people struggle to find one. How can this be possible?

by Anonymousreply 3803/25/2021

r36, by the way, learn the different between "infer" and "imply".

by Anonymousreply 3903/25/2021

86 here. Both Pfizer shots, no after-effects ever.

by Anonymousreply 4003/25/2021

[R40] that's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 4103/25/2021

Got my 2nd Pfizer today. So far no ill effects, but it may be too soon to be sure. Two more weeks and I’ll be free!

by Anonymousreply 4203/25/2021

Got the J&J shot today. No side effects

by Anonymousreply 4303/25/2021

My rheumatologist told me to not take my weekly dose of methotrexate for 2 weeks after the first shot and 1 week after the 2nd dose. I had no side effects after dose 1 and hope that dose 2 is also easy. Pfizer vaccine. He said that I shouldn't have any negative effects with the rheumatic pain and swelling since I have been on the methotrexate for a couple of years and have some protection. Anyone else have RA who cares to comment?

by Anonymousreply 4403/25/2021

Pfizer. Both shots each time I was tired on days three and four.

by Anonymousreply 4503/25/2021

Moderna. Bad experience. IT TASTED HORRIBLE! I asked for a Pfizer chaser or at least a single shot of Johnson and Johnson to take the taste away.But nooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 4603/25/2021

I had my first Moderna shot last Thursday, a week ago today. No noticeable side effects except slightly sore arm. However, on Sunday afternoon I felt so drowsy I had to take a two hour nap. It may have been the glass of wine I had with lunch though.

by Anonymousreply 4703/25/2021

2nd vaccination of Moderna next Monday

by Anonymousreply 4803/25/2021

J&J - soreness at the injection site for a few days was the only side effect.

by Anonymousreply 4903/25/2021

Pfizer, felt really tired a few hours after the second dose but that’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 5003/25/2021

Pfizer. Tender to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 5103/25/2021

Moderna first jab - sore arm and fatigue for 2 days. Will get second one on 4/7.

by Anonymousreply 5203/25/2021

[quote]What did you get?

None of the above.

[quote]Or planning to get?

Once there is real-world data that the fuckers actually do something, whatever they want to jab me with.

by Anonymousreply 5303/25/2021

Got the first of two Moderna shots. No soreness, but I have been told to be prepared for side effects from the second (headache, possible nausea, body aches, chills, lethargy).

by Anonymousreply 5403/25/2021

I got my first jab of Pfizer on 12/23. I had some pain in my arm, bad enough that it woke me up once, but it wasn't horrible. My second jab was 1/14 and was actually better. It was like a mild flu shot.

by Anonymousreply 5503/25/2021

Pfizer- insomnia. Happened to another friend.

by Anonymousreply 5603/25/2021

[quote] (there is no charge so don’t know if the government bills back the insurance companies)

Yes, if you have insurance they are billed for it. If you have no insurance the government pays for the vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 5703/26/2021

Just got my first dose of Moderna this morning.

Mild soreness around the injection and I feel slightly high, which I’m enjoying.

by Anonymousreply 5803/26/2021

Just got Pfizer #2 this morning. I'll be waiting to see if I notice any side effects tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 5903/27/2021

Just got Pfizer No. 1. Feel a bit lightheaded. I’m really impressed with how efficient this process has been so far. What a huge undertaking, getting the vaccine out to the whole world!

I don’t envy CVS employees once they start handing it out to little kids, imagine all the screaming and crying.

by Anonymousreply 6003/30/2021

I got Moderna, sore arm at the injections sight and very tired...but no much sleep as my mother passed away the day before. It's been a tough couple of days!

by Anonymousreply 6103/30/2021

I'm a vaccine virgin...nothing yet. Probably will be later when appointments are easier to get. I'll take whatever is given.

by Anonymousreply 6203/30/2021

I've been having wild and intense dreams ever since I got my first shot of Pfizer. I wake up exhausted and upset. Is anyone else experiencing intense dreams since being vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 6303/30/2021

R61...I'm sorry about your mother.

by Anonymousreply 6403/30/2021

I just had my second. Pfizer. No side affects (effects?)

by Anonymousreply 6503/30/2021

Got the 2 doses of Moderna. Only a sore arm with the 1st dose, have had after-effects dragging on with the second: dizzyness, tired, achy. Annoying but not debilitating. But I know 4 people who also had the 2 Moderna doses and they only had a sore arm for a day.

by Anonymousreply 6603/30/2021

I had some side effects the next day -- a low-grade fever, splitting headache, body aches, slight nausea. But it was only for that one day and I feel fine now.

Glad I got it over with.

by Anonymousreply 6703/30/2021

Pfizer #1 : Deep pain at the injection area in tricep radiating into shoulder blade. Headache and lethargy the next day. Some stomach distress. From vaccine? I don’t know...after 36 hours I felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 6803/30/2021

I just drank some bleach

by Anonymousreply 6903/30/2021

Only the elite get Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 7003/30/2021

R64, thank you. It is always hard losing a parent but a mother seems to be worse...

by Anonymousreply 7103/30/2021

I got the first shot of the Madonna vaccine this morning, and Get Into The Groove started playing on the radio on the way home, so apparently it's not fully effective until the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 7203/30/2021

Got 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday. My arms is still very sore, but no fevers.

by Anonymousreply 7303/30/2021

R44. I was told by the Pharmacist and my Rheumatologist to not stop taking Methotrexate. I told the Pharmacist that I was told to stop MTX for two weeks after getting the Pneumonia-23 vaccine last October. She said that is because the Pneumonia-23 is a live vaccine whereas the Covid vaccines are not live.

by Anonymousreply 7403/30/2021

R60. I believe the plan is to hand off the 12 and under vaccine responsibilities to Pediatricians.

by Anonymousreply 7503/30/2021

R75 I got my 2nd vaccination from a pediatrician who was volunteering at the vaccination center.

by Anonymousreply 7603/30/2021

Did you get his number, R76?

by Anonymousreply 7703/30/2021

[quote] Pfizer. Tender to the touch.

Maybe your fibromyalgia is kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 7803/30/2021

[quote] I was told by the Pharmacist and my Rheumatologist to not stop taking Methotrexate.

They’re right. What kind of medical professionals would they be if they didn’t suggest you stop doing meth?

by Anonymousreply 7903/30/2021

R72, consider yourself very lucky.

It could’ve been La Isla Bonita!

by Anonymousreply 8003/30/2021

I had my first Pfizer on 3/25 at Walmart. My second is on 4/16. I am not sure how many people know that Walmart might be doing vaccines in many areas now. Based on what I heard while I was there it was the first day they were doing it at this Supercenter. And you could tell. They had people standing in line for Covid, Flu vaccines and dropping off prescriptions together. Anyway they asked what qualified me and I said Rheumatoid Arthritis and did not get asked for proof. They asked for ID and insurance card. I signed a form giving them permission to share the information with the CDC. I also confirmed that they will send my Primary the information about me getting the vaccine. Two people said yes. The way I understand the insurance deal is that pharmacies get reimbursed for what they do. The shot was a breeze. The side effect was a tiny area of soreness for a couple days. In fact I had a punch biopsy done at a Dermatologist the next morning. The area of injection was sore whereas the area where a chunk of meat was taken out and stitched up does not hurt at all. And it was the same arm.

by Anonymousreply 8103/30/2021

Had my first Pfizer yesterday, felt fine at first but today my arm hurts and I’m kinda tired. Got it through my doctor's office - they set up a separate vaccination site and that place was like an assembly line. Three people to greet and check you in, at least 20 nurses giving shots, and 6 people staffing the check-out area. I had to sit for 30 minutes because I’m allergic to shrimp, but nothing happened. The old battle ax nurse who jabbed me said she had given 50 shots so far that day, and she had set the record with 87 the day before.

by Anonymousreply 8203/30/2021

I’m not a fan of CVS but I have to say their online appointment scheduler was fast and easy and let you set up both appointments at once. I did have to try multiple times to get appointments but the secret seemed to be try early in the morning and keep refreshing the app.

by Anonymousreply 8303/30/2021

I got mine at Albertson's, which is my regular pharmacy. I looked on the website at 11:00 am and had my choice of same-day appointments. This was the second day of everyone being able to get it, so I guess people don't know. It was Moderna, btw.

by Anonymousreply 8403/30/2021

Pfizer. Thursday morning, at a pop up clinic sponsored by the local health department. Which means I should probably be fully immunized by mid-May, but I'm still going to keep wearing a mask and social distancing until the plague is over because I'm not a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8503/30/2021

You’re basically an anti-vaxxer, R85. Your posturing on behavior once fully vaccinated is going to turn off people who might be skeptical about the vaccine. And THEY are the biggest concern here. Not vaccine-resistant variants, not infection in fully vaccinated individuals, and certainly not spread from a fully vaccinated person to the unvaccinated.

You might think you’re doing the right thing here by signaling your un-cuntiness, but you’re doing harm.

by Anonymousreply 8603/30/2021

I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday at Walgreens. Today the injection site is very mildly sore.

A strange thing happened when I was going through the process. The guy who checked me in, before handing me the form to fill out, filled in one of the answers. When I looked to see what he had done, he answered yes to the question of if I had ever received the antibody treatment. I haven't. When the nurse reviewed my form she asked about that answer I told her the it had been filled in by the check-in guy. She went to ask him about it, and I overheard him deny that he had done it. When she returned, I said loudly enough to be overheard that I had watched him do it right in front of me and wondered why he had done it, and why he lied about it.

by Anonymousreply 8703/30/2021

[quote]Got first dose of Pfizer 3/23 at a mass vaccination clinic operated by National Guardsmen in Cleveland Ohio. Left me with very sore arm and achy back, neck and shoulders for 48 hours.

Sounds like it was worth it!

How many of those Guardsmen fucked you?

by Anonymousreply 8803/30/2021

That is bizarre, R87. Did she then furrow her brow and continue with the process, or were you given a new form to fill out? Whom did she believe, you or him? Because why would you have checked that box for no reason and then lie about it?

by Anonymousreply 8903/30/2021

I heard all the BEST people are getting Moderna

by Anonymousreply 9003/30/2021

I love you, r88! ❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 9103/30/2021

[quote]You’re basically an anti-vaxxer, [R85]. Your posturing on behavior once fully vaccinated is going to turn off people who might be skeptical about the vaccine. And THEY are the biggest concern here. Not vaccine-resistant variants, not infection in fully vaccinated individuals, and certainly not spread from a fully vaccinated person to the unvaccinated. You might think you’re doing the right thing here by signaling your un-cuntiness, but you’re doing harm.

No, you're a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9203/30/2021

Full disclosure: I CANNOT take credit for this since I didn’t write it originally, but it’s too good not to use here and I was waiting for the original poster, but apparently he didn’t see this thread.

[quote]I got the Aldi store brand vaccine.

[quote]—Frugal shopper

by Anonymousreply 9303/30/2021

You’re helping to prolong the epidemic, R92, with your scientific illiteracy and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 9403/30/2021

R89, she suggested that had misheard me when he asked whether I had had the antibody treatment, only he hadn't asked me that question. But I dropped it at that point because I was about to get jabbed, and that was my priority.

by Anonymousreply 9503/30/2021

[quote]I was about to get jabbed, and that was my priority.

*sigh*

I miss the pre-pandemic days.

by Anonymousreply 9603/30/2021

I got my first shot of Pfizer today down at the Piggly-Wiggly. I also picked up a honey-baked ham while I was there, since it's Easter Sunday this week and all.

by Anonymousreply 9703/30/2021

Well call me Miss Daisy, r97!

by Anonymousreply 9803/30/2021

After thinking I'd be the last person in America to get a vaccine who wanted it - as, even at the age of 64, I waited patiently after registering at a couple of places - the opportunity to get the J&J vaccine just fell into my lap. I was forwarded a text from a woman whose daughter worked across the hall from an office that was providing the J&J vaccine & it was open to anyone. I called on Tuesday, & got an appointment for today (open from 11-6). So far, no side effects.

by Anonymousreply 9904/01/2021

I got the Moderna two weeks ago. No effects whatsoever, not even soreness at the injection site. I'll get the second shot two weeks from now.

by Anonymousreply 10004/01/2021

I got the Pfizer vaccine in January. No side effects at all. All vaccines are good,. I like that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine passed testing during high times of illness and were tested when variants were around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10104/01/2021

The nurse who jabbed me told me that people with the strongest immune systems tend to have the strongest side effects. More fragile immune systems tend to have few and milder side effects.

by Anonymousreply 10204/01/2021

Moderna - first shot on March 24th. Second scheduled for April 16th. First shot kicked my butt big time. Going to take day after second shot off because I won't be good for anything for 24 hours afterwards. Still, glad I'm getting them and grateful to my workplace for providing them on site, for free, so I didn't have to search online or make 800 phone calls to various pharmacies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10304/01/2021

I got both Pfizer shots this past month (March 7 & 30). My second shot was on Tuesday and the only side effect I've experienced thus far was soreness at the injection site, but that's mostly gone now. The soreness was a bit worse the second time than the first, but other than that, nothing inconvenient.

What is everyone doing with their vaccination record card?

by Anonymousreply 10404/01/2021

It should be laminated, R104. That’s what I plan to do with mine when I get my second dose.

by Anonymousreply 10504/01/2021

I thought so too, but there was a poster on here that made the point that if there's a booster shot that comes down the pike in the next year, it might be good to add that record to the preexisting vaccination card, which wouldn't be possible if laminated.

by Anonymousreply 10604/01/2021

R104 regarding my first vaccination card for my first dose I misplaced it and couldn’t find it for my second dose. When I showed up for my second dose they had me fill out the card and then they entered the lot number of the vaccine and the date and where I received the shot . Then when I got home I found my first card and transcribed the information on to it. These cards are easy to falsify so I’m not to worried about being a bonehead and having misplaced it initially. The lot numbers are verifiable and I also know that if I need to my primary care physician can give me a new card or suitable proof if I need it for travel etc... But people should laminate it and store it with their passport and important documents. R101

by Anonymousreply 10704/01/2021

They're now recommending instead of lamination, get a clear plastic sleeve (the kind you use for name tags at conferences, etc.) and put it in there instead. That way it can be easily removed if booster proof is needed in the future.

by Anonymousreply 10804/01/2021

I got my 2nd shot of Pfizer today. So far, no side effects. 👍

I read an article the other day that we might be required to present our vaccination cards to gain entry into certain venues (sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, etc.), so I bought a 4x3 plastic ID badge holder with lanyard.

by Anonymousreply 10904/01/2021

The nurse told me to take a photo of my vaccination card. That way it's always on my phone if something happens.

by Anonymousreply 11004/01/2021

That’s a good tip, R108. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 11104/01/2021

R77 it was a girl pediatrician. She was rather butch though.

by Anonymousreply 11204/01/2021

[quote] and grateful to my workplace for providing them on site, for free,

All COVID vaccinations are free.

by Anonymousreply 11304/02/2021

That really is great advice, r108.

by Anonymousreply 11404/02/2021

R61, my sympathies about your mother. This has been an awful time to try and visit a loved one in a hospital. I lost my mother to cancer late February, and the hospital she was at would only let one person in the room with limited hours.

by Anonymousreply 11504/02/2021

Scan and/or take a photo of the card. I wouldn’t laminate it. I still have my original SS card which is 54 years old and a bit soft and faded but still intact (just like me).

by Anonymousreply 11604/02/2021

^it is bullshit that we have to have our original SSN cards. I know mine is floating around somewhere, and I will need it for a Real ID in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 11704/02/2021

Had 2nd Pfizer yesterday. I feel like I have the flu.

by Anonymousreply 11804/02/2021

R116, what's the problem with laminating it? My SS card is 44 years old, but worn and tattered because I accidentally left my wallet in my pants one time when doing laundry.

by Anonymousreply 11904/02/2021

[quote] what's the problem with laminating it?

Don’t bother reading the thread or anything to find your answer. Too much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 12004/02/2021

Pfizer, second shot last week. No reaction to the first but slept 14 hours after the second.

by Anonymousreply 12104/02/2021

Second Pfizer yesterday. Didn’t sleep very well at all last night, currently have an earache and am tired. The earache is the strangest part for me, started last night before bed and hasn’t stopped since.

by Anonymousreply 12204/02/2021

R120, thanks, that was helpful

by Anonymousreply 12304/02/2021

R86 is an obsessive loon posting his bullshit theories in every single vaccine thread. As if the people who are refusing the vaccine are doing so only after long consideration of whether getting the vaccine will mean they will only have to wear their mask for another month vs. two months, etc. People refusing the vaccine are already not following any mask mandates or any other protective directives. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12404/02/2021

JFC, r123, do you want us to read it for you?

by Anonymousreply 12504/02/2021

Is there an advantage to having the vaccine card laminated? Do we expect to be asked for it, similar to a driving license or passport?

by Anonymousreply 12604/02/2021

This is exactly how I felt after my first shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12704/02/2021

J&J. Next day had a monster headache, sore arm, and slept most of the day. The following day felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 12804/02/2021

R53 yeah I'm sure the vaccines don't do anything

by Anonymousreply 12904/02/2021

Just got first dose of Moderna this morning. Slight touch of nausea but worked out afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 13004/02/2021

I finally got myself scheduled for my first vaccine. I registered in my state and got an email of a mega center in my area offering the shots. I think I'm getting the Pfizer one. I'm going this coming Thursday in the morning. I want to get this, but I'm a little nervous.

by Anonymousreply 13104/02/2021

Second Pfizer shot today, same symptoms as first: Nothing for a few hours, then fatigue/achy/get into bed for a few hours. Stiff neck and sore arm. As far as general misery, I've had worse colds.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Monday at 9:35 PM

Why do people have to travel to get a vaccine, to a stadium or some huge place in another borough? Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me.

The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

One of my neighbors said Walgreens is offering the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Monday at 9:55 PM

R133, the US is actually doing almost the best in the world at getting their huge population vaccinated. Doctor's offices do not have the cold storage needed for some of the vaccines. They also have a limited clientele. The majority of our citizens don't have their own doctors anyway. Do you think doctor's offices want to be overrun with people seeking the vaccine all of a sudden? It has to be centralized. Eventually, after the mass demand dies out, they will be given to doctor's offices. Right now, you'll have to travel a bit farther than a couple of blocks, R133.

And, yes, Walgreens, CVS, and other pharmacies across the country are giving vaccines through a partnership with the federal government.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Monday at 10:15 PM

[quote]Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me. The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

In the U.S., we have to expect loons like you.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Monday at 10:21 PM

[quote] Mild soreness around the injection and I feel slightly high, which I’m enjoying.

Yes - I felt high off the of the Pfizer vaccine, in a good way. I felt this euphoric feeling and was really chatty with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Monday at 11:22 PM

Got Pfizer early (health care worker). I was dragging for days after the 1st shot, had a flu-like reaction Continued funky reaction following the 2nd dose. I often suffer reactions to medications.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Monday at 11:34 PM

I got my first Moderna shot last week at Rite Aid. When I scheduled the appointment, I didn't know which vaccine they were going to give me, nor did I care by that point.

About 4-5 hours after the shot, I began feeling very sleepy but resisted the urge to take a nap (it was mid-afternoon), opting for a walk, which perked me up and got me through the afternoon/early evening. Definitely wanted to go to bed earlier than normal, and I slept like a friggin' ROCK! (which is not the norm). It was the most restful sleep I've had in ages, and I felt perfectly fine when I woke up the next morning. Except for the sore upper arm, of course, which lasted a couple days.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Tuesday at 12:45 AM

Received second Pfizer dose last week. I was fine the day of injection but the next day had a slight fever, nausea, chills, muscle aches, fatigue and cold symptoms. It was nothing unbearable and essily dealt with by sleeping it off.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Tuesday at 12:52 AM

Just got my first dose of Phizer. No side effects, but did wake up with a very sore injection site (arm) this morning.

Looking forward to my second one in 3.5 weeks. I just realized that the only people getting the shot were minorities, except for one elderly lady who was white.

Lol.

Living in a TRUMP County is great, because according to the lady who was injecting us, there aren’t too many people showing up for the shot, other than minorities.

As soon as appointments opened up I for my age group, I got an appointment easily, and I managed to get in there and get out pretty quickly without long lines or issues.

Glad I got it.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Tuesday at 1:30 AM

I think I got the Madonna vaccine because it was past its expiration date and the doctor said it wasn't nearly as effective as it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 141Last Tuesday at 1:43 AM

My condolences for the loss of your mother R61. That's a tough one to go through no matter when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Tuesday at 1:47 AM

[quote] it might be good to add that record to the preexisting vaccination card, which wouldn't be possible if laminated.

That was me. You can still laminate your card, just make sure whatever lamination process you use is not one that actually glues the laminate onto the surface of the card as you won't be able to cut the lamination off if we get a 3rd puncture at some point (unless the vaccination site can provide you with a new card listing all three punctures).

Home lamination machines (at least the ones I know of) don't stick the laminate to the card. They stick to each other on whatever amount of lip you leave around the edges of the card. That would okay to use as it would be easy to cut the card out.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Tuesday at 2:02 AM

I’ve had all 3 vaccines. Yeah, that’s how I roll.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Tuesday at 3:53 AM

Yes R63 along with being fatigued and some arm soreness after Pfizer vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Tuesday at 4:03 AM

Also, you can buy a plastic card holder for the vaccine card.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Tuesday at 4:39 AM

[quote]In the U.S., we have to expect loons like you.

That's not any sort of answer you imbecile.

If drug stores (Rite-Aid, Walgreens etc) can give out the vaccine, why can't appointments be made for people to receive the shots at their own doctor's office? Much in the same way people get their flu shots at their doctor's office, what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 147Last Tuesday at 8:11 AM

Why don’t you ask your physician what s/he doesn’t have the vaccine at their office instead of an anonymous message board? I’m sure it’s something as simple as explained above, nothing nefarious.

And I’m sure part of that poster’s ire toward you had to do with your seeming neediness when we’ve all heard of people driving hours or across state just to get it, and you’re complaining because they’re not knocking on your damn door with a needle in their hand waiting for you to roll up your sleeve.

I know it pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Tuesday at 9:02 AM

My bf has an appointment to get the JJ shot about 2 hours away. I feel like I should go with him for moral support and in case he starts to feel unwell on the ride home but it’s not a great time for me to take most of the workday off.

He went with me for my first Moderna shot, I will go on my own for the 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Tuesday at 9:03 AM

That sucks, r149.

Sometimes life does that. Try not to let it get to you I’m sure he’ll be fine.

He’ll have to sit for 15 minutes anyway and if he was going to have a reaction it would usually happen in that timeframe, so I wouldn’t worry yourself.

You sound awesome, though.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Tuesday at 9:07 AM

I have an appointment on April 20th for the Moderna vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Tuesday at 9:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152Last Tuesday at 9:10 AM

I got my 2nd moderna shot 5 days ago and there is still some pain in the arm that received the shot. Make sure it's in your non dominant.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Tuesday at 9:11 AM

[quote]Why can't the vaccines be given at doctors offices? My doctors office is literally three blocks from me. The distribution process is absolutely absurd. Then again, it's the US, so what do you expect?!

It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave. If you get it at a doctor's office, you have to wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, and then they want to take your blood pressure, weigh you, etc., so they can turn around and charge your insurance for an office visit. It's a big hassle.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Tuesday at 12:43 PM

[quote] It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave.

This is not true. They make you wait a minimum of 15 minutes and possibly more depending on your medical history and whether you’ve had allergic reactions to medication in the past.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Tuesday at 12:53 PM

R154 is right. We were in and out in less than 45 mins at the local school hall. I’d hate to have to wait in a Doctors office and deal with all the people inevitable red tape and copay bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 156Last Tuesday at 1:06 PM

Just got my final Pfizer shot yesterday. First one I felt a little tired and my arm was both throbbing and numb in entirety. This then began to go about halfway down my back on and off for about a day and a half. Since yesterday, I've felt fine, just low grade fever. A few hours after the shot yesterday I did feel very tired but was unable for some reason to sleep. The night was spent restless, not sure why, I didn't feel bad, just couldn't sleep. So glad I'm done! Husband has same timeline as me. After first dose same symptoms, but his second dose has really taken him out. He's very sore, hot and cold flashes, low grade fever and he has been sleeping a lot.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Tuesday at 3:05 PM

[quote] A few hours after the shot yesterday I did feel very tired but was unable for some reason to sleep. The night was spent restless, not sure why, I didn't feel bad, just couldn't sleep.

Me too!

I didn’t want to seem like I was blaming every little thing on the vaccine, but that seals the deal for me.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Tuesday at 3:10 PM

The first Pfizer shot made me high in a good way. I had a body high and was really talkative. I just chilled and watched movies. No reaction other than slightly sore at injection site, but was like a tetanus shot pain level and went away the next day. I am hoping to be as lucky with the second shot but I am taking the day off just in case.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Tuesday at 5:55 PM

I got my Pfizer shots at a mobile vaccination clinic in Midtown LA. No lines. Just went in, got my shots (walk-in 3/11, appt 4/1), waited 15 minutes, then left. My parents, OTOH, got theirs at Kaiser, by appointment, but my mom had to push my dad in his wheelchair a long distance through the corridors and waited in a long line. Some appointment! They're both 80+ years old, and not in good health so it was a taxing experience, especially for mom.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Tuesday at 6:52 PM

Got the J&J at the Javits Center last week.

by Anonymousreply 161Last Tuesday at 7:07 PM

Just got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. Super sleepy and the chills again this time around, but otherwise, no big deal. Just woke up about an hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Tuesday at 8:07 PM

I got Pfizer yesterday. Today, body aches like the worst flu I've ever had.

BUT I had Covid in January, and they say you may have a stronger response if you've already been infected. Plus, I have long Covid and have body aches every day anyway, so I wasn't too put out. I took a nap and they were gone after I woke up.

Some people with long Covid say their symptoms finally went away after they got the vaccine. I hope I can say the same. I'm worried that this virus is still in my body—or my body thinks the virus is still there—and it's causing damage, and who knows how that will manifest later.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Tuesday at 8:40 PM

I live in flyoverstan and I am getting the J&J vaccine Thursday in a rural county 40 minutes from my home in a midsized Midwestern city.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Tuesday at 8:46 PM

[quote]It's a much simpler process to get the shot at a vaccination site. You just get the shot and leave. If you get it at a doctor's office, you have to wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, and then they want to take your blood pressure, weigh you, etc., so they can turn around and charge your insurance for an office visit. It's a big hassle.

Why would you need to have your blood pressure and weight taken just to get a vaccine? I got my flu shot at my doctor's office, I wasn't charged for the shot. I didn't get weighed or had my blood pressure checked. I also had to go for my yearly blood tests. I made sure to have everything done in one afternoon.

Because of Covid, I needed appointments for both, otherwise, I wasn't charged for anything which needed to be done. Most of my doctors are in the same medical building, as is their on-site blood lab. A nurse gave me the flu shot, not my doctor.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Tuesday at 9:57 PM

R165, you might want to educate yourself on the state of health care availability en masse in the US. You live a fucking privileged existence.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Tuesday at 11:04 PM

I got the Moderna shot at a local community health clinic. First come first served. When I arrived at 6:30am to stand in line, there were 75 people in front of me. They gave me a time to come back for my shot which was 6 hours later. I received the shot and they will call me to come in for my second shot.

I had a sore arm and was tired.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Tuesday at 11:10 PM

J&J. I was really tired.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Tuesday at 11:34 PM

Pfizer

by Anonymousreply 169Last Wednesday at 8:05 PM

You have to wait two weeks after the second shot to have full immunity.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Wednesday at 9:41 PM

I got my first Pfizer at Walgreens and the second is scheduled four weeks out. I'm not worried about that because the extra week is fine but I am worried that after all their scheduling issues over the last month, I'll show up and they'll have given away all the shots to some other randoms who showed up or only have Moderna for the day or some other fuck up. I guess I'll call them a couple times before them to make sure but it's just another thing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 171Last Wednesday at 10:12 PM

Got my first Moderna shot 2 days ago - April 5th. REALLY sore arm still but completely manageable. Second dose is May 5th.

I know quite a few people who have “possibly misled“ regarding their status to be vaccinated – but no one I know has been asked to show identification/proof or was sent away for not being able to document their status.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Wednesday at 10:24 PM

^^^ If anyone is still reading and/or caring I got my shot at a Safeway pharmacy in Lafayette. Very glamorous. About a 40 minute drive from downtown San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Wednesday at 10:39 PM

[quote] I guess I'll call them a couple times before them to make sure

Be careful. You piss them off enough and they may stick fentanyl in your hypo.

by Anonymousreply 174Last Thursday at 5:41 AM

everyone I know now is vaccinated, I'm planning to only talk to people who are from now on

by Anonymousreply 175Last Thursday at 5:43 AM

I noticed the megasites here in NJ only give Pfizer (where I just got mine yesterday). The clue is the minimum age allowed -16 which only Pfizer is recommended - all the other brands is 18.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Thursday at 6:04 AM

[quote]Be careful. You piss them off enough and they may stick fentanyl in your hypo.

Address?

by Anonymousreply 177Last Thursday at 6:22 AM

Nothing yet, and don’t expect to get at least my first shot til May. Canada’s rollout has been dismal, to say the least. We’re definitely in our third wave, and it’s proving to be the worst. I read an article this morning that senior health officials are worried that the 3 known variants, which are all present in Canada, are taking over and our rate of vaccination won’t be enough to contain them. ICUs where I live are overcapacity, and we’re seeing more people under 50 occupy those beds. That’s scary. I’m less worried about my folks getting covid than I am about them needing ICU care for something else.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Thursday at 6:28 AM

[quote] everyone I know now is vaccinated, I'm planning to only talk to people who are from now on

Including people who got J&J?? Where are the standards?

by Anonymousreply 179Last Thursday at 9:44 AM

Got my second Pfizer dose at the Moscone Center yesterday. Just like someone said upthread, I have arm pain at the injection site (worse than #1) and didn’t sleep well last night despite being tired.

I feel fine otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Thursday at 9:53 AM

This morning, I got my first vaccine...which was Pfizer. The lines moved quickly, and for the most part...the people pleasant. It was pretty efficient. The guy who injected me had a little attitude, but the shot didn't hurt at all. I'm scheduled for my second shot on April 29. So far, I'm feeling ok. It's a gorgeous spring day here, so I went for a walk, got some sunshine and am now back home. My eyes ache a little, but nothing bad....so far. I'm glad I finally got my appointment and getting this done.

by Anonymousreply 181Last Thursday at 11:09 AM

Willie Geist said this morning on Morning Joe that he got his first shot of Moderna on Monday and that he only had some arm pain. Mika and Joe said they got flu-like symptoms after their second shot, and the cute gay black reporter with the huge afro said he got the J&J vaccine and cried afterwards out of gratitude and the fact that he would get to see his grandmother again.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Thursday at 12:25 PM

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is slightly sore, very manageable. I did notice that after an hour working I got a little tired, but a stretch and another mug of coffee took care of that.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Thursday at 1:50 PM

[quote] The guy who injected me had a little attitude

So was it something he said, after you dropped trou and told him you preferred it in the butt?

by Anonymousreply 184Last Thursday at 2:28 PM

^^I guess he didn't like that...oh well.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Thursday at 2:30 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 186Last Thursday at 2:47 PM

2nd Moderna yesterday. Sore arm is all.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Thursday at 3:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!