Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Epicure: What are you having for dinner?

I am hungry.

by Anonymousreply 390June 7, 2021 9:00 PM

Sausage crumble with squash, rotel tomates and parm. Had to use up this Jimmy Dean sausage before it expired. It had another month to go, but I know me; if I didn't use it now, it would sit in my fridge until it died.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2021 11:20 PM

American Chop Suey from a gourmet takeout place. It's not the shit they served in the cafeteria.

Steamed asparagus in lemon butter broth.

Strawberry-rhubarb crumb pie.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2021 11:22 PM

Grilled Cheese (Havarti and fig jam) This is so delicious.

Roasted Carrots and Potato Hash

Small green salad with balsamic vinaigrette (homemade of course).

Chocolate Croissant for dessert. If still hungry. ( I brought these.)

This is so GOOD. I have all the ingredients. Most important, it is so EASY. Faster than driving to take out place.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2021 11:31 PM

I am all out of my favorite liquor, so food.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2021 11:35 PM

r3, that sounds delicious!

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2021 11:36 PM

There’s nothing in the house. I don’t feel like stepping out or ordering in. I’ll have some toast.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2021 11:41 PM

Fig jam is incredible. Fucking heathens knew how to eat.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2021 11:41 PM

BBQ ribs

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2021 12:16 AM

Six oysters,, grilled branzino, creamed spinach, chocolate malt cake, and decaf cappuccino.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2021 12:18 AM

Some kind of plant-based non-meat patty made from white beans and hot peppers (Morningstar Farms brand maybe?). I fried it in butter and made a sandwich out of it, with pepperjack cheese and raw onion slices between thick slices of French bread. And Negro Modelo beer. Dessert will be a Pepcid pill at bedtime, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2021 12:27 AM

Penne with pancetta, English peas, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2021 12:57 AM

bump

because I am hungry

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2021 1:17 AM

Quesadilla. I have to make more black beans, then I'm having another one. It was this or pizza.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2021 2:28 AM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2021 2:30 AM

I had, around 6pm EST, chicken salad made, from a deli, with cranberries and yellow raisins, delicious, on buttered rye, a handful of potato chips and 1/3 of a slice of carrot cake, from the same deli. Diet Pepsi as my beverage, with lemon squeezed in. I love this chicken salad. You wouldn't think chicken salad a little on the sweet side would be good, but it is.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2021 2:35 AM

Poached Salmon, asparagus, creamed spinach, brown rice, and a slice of the 3-layered chocolate cake I baked yesterday

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2021 2:40 AM

R16, have you or anyone here ever tried Whole Foods organic frozen brown rice? It's cheap and it contains nothing but brown rice and it's delicious. I add a little butter and salt and it's the best brown rice I've ever tasted. I bought these organic/grass fed frozen meatballs to have with it and without even adding anything to the meatballs, like a sauce, it was a great meal and just 3 of those little meatballs was filling. Maybe it was the fiber in the rice that was filling. Either way, yum.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2021 2:50 AM

It was a cool, rainy day so I made a pot of beef gulyas and had a salad later. I also wanted to start using up what is left from my winter potatoes, so it all went fine. As simple as much of it is, I do think Hungarian and Central European traditional dishes get passed over when they offer some fine versions of familiar fare.

I spend a lot of time in northern Italy, Provence, New Orleans and Thailand in my kitchen, so a trip to Pest or Minsk or parts of India (working on Puducherry recipes) or the African Maghreb keeps things from slipping into a rut.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Red Beans & Rice with spicy sausage and a bagged salad that pretends it’s caesar.

If I keep the portions down, it’s supposed to be four servings. I’m trying to get fat, so there.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2021 3:11 AM

Stir Fry Scrambled Eggs with Char Siu Pork 叉燒炒蛋 (homemade...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2021 3:14 AM

A head of Boston lettuce, half a leftover grilled chicken breast, some Parmesan cheese and vinaigrette (Ina G’s recipe). Followed by apple slices topped with sharp Irish cheddar with a dab of honey. A handful of almonds (Kirkland, they are steamed and I love their “mouth feel”). I am still hungry but not for anything I have.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2021 3:29 AM

A huge yam sliced in half with real butter, salt and freshly ground pepper and topped with Oscar Mayer real bacon bits. I also had a glass of red house wine Earlier I had Fage Vanilla Yoghurt with fresh blueberries. Chocolate ice cream, I nuked the yam on the potato setting on my microwave.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2021 4:23 AM

A 2-egg cheddar cheese omelet, with pico de gallo on the side.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2021 4:27 AM

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken thighs? I accidentally bought extra via Instacart...I’ll be eating them for weeks. My freezer is full, so I have to cook them tonight or at least this weekend...

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2021 12:19 PM

Made a mix of Indian and Irish with a shepherd's pie made Indian style, very tasty

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2021 12:38 PM

R24, bake them on pieces of bread for a long time, then use both when cool to make a killer Caesar’s salad

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2021 12:39 PM

R24 I do a version of chicken cacciatore (without mushrooms but you could add)

In a large stock pot, sauté rough cut carrots, celery, zucchini and onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add chicken. Add a large can of whole tomatoes. Add oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper and simmer for about a half hour. Break up tomatoes, turn heat down to low, cover pot and let stew another half hour or longer (the longer it cooks the more the chicken will come off the bone). If you like a thicker sauce add tomato paste (either when cooking the vegetables or after you break up the tomatoes). You can do this in a slow cooker as well.

I like to serve with pasta or spaghetti squash.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2021 12:39 PM

For lunch I'm getting take-out from a Caribbean place: fried whiting, with sides of collards & steamed cabbage, and an appetizer of yucca puffs with a guava-lime dipping sauce. (I'll split it in two so it'll be enough for today & tomorrow's lunch.)

Tonight it's tagliatelle with a pesto sauce I made that contains 5 different nuts (walnuts, pignoli, almonds, hazelnuts & pistachios).

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2021 12:59 PM

oh i want your pesto recipe.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2021 10:49 PM

I make this all the time. The chicken thighs are roasted in the oven because I hate the cleanup of sautéing chicken on the stove top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2021 11:11 PM

I received a big amount of stew veggies from my recent safeway delivery. I didn't order them, but was charged $5.

The mix consisted of halved new potatoes, carrots, purple and white onion quarters. Recipe follows:

Put a bit of water in dish to cover the bottom and make steam for the veggies Throw in the veggies. Sprinkle veg with 1 tsp Knorr dry chicken bouillon (in a jar). stir it around a bit. cover top with saran wrap. Place in microwave covered and cook in 3 min increment to about 10 min total. Stir veg.

Test with a fork and when veg are soft, add a couple of tablespoons of butter. Stir this thoroughly throughout and you will see that you have made a lovely sauce for your stew. Add some fresh ground pepper.

This absolutely delicious and except for the butter practically no calories! It is essential that you use only Knorr dry chicken bouillon .Use only real butter!

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2021 12:45 AM

Roast chicken leg, pasta with home made marinara sauce. 2 pieces of baklavah (sp?) which I will regret eating tomorrow when I step on the scale.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote]oh i want your pesto recipe.

R29 - I put 1/4 cup each raw almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pignoli & pistachios in a food processor. (I grind them as much as possible because I like a smooth pesto.)

Then in a blender I put 1 oz basil and 2 TB flat leaf parsley that I chop a bit, 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper, 1/4 cup + 2 TB EVOO, 3 garlic cloves (that I put through a garlic press), 1 TB melted butter, the ground nuts & 1/2 cup water and make it as smooth as possible. (You have to have a good blender for this because the the sauce is [bold]really[/bold] thick.

That makes enough sauce for about a lb of pasta. (I personally like Seggiano's tagliatelle.)

BTW I don't add salt to the sauce; I salt only the pasta water.

Before the pasta is done, I reserve about 3/4 cup of the pasta water.

Then to the drained pasta, I mix in the sauce (as best I could), add about half the reserved pasta water to better mix in the sauce, add 1 oz each grated pecorino and parmigiano cheeses, and then finally most of the remaining reserved water

I saw this recipe in some Sicilian cookbook years ago, and I like it as a change of pace to traditional pesto sauce.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2021 1:26 AM

Sautéed butter/garlic/lemon pepper chicken thighs and steamed asparagus drizzled with my cheese sauce (heavy whipping cream, shredded gruyere, Parmesan, cheddar, red pepper, salt, and black pepper.)

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2021 1:44 AM

R34 - can I come over for dinner?

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2021 2:21 AM

An old friend.

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2021 2:24 AM

Dumplings from Trader Joe’s

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2021 2:32 AM

Loving Arnold's Hearty White bread. Death by carbs, but they make a great sandwich bread.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2021 2:46 AM

R35 - Sure! I have plenty and I share.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2021 9:50 AM

I'm having Spaghetti and Meat Sauce from that recipe that was posted, and should be charged for. See the Spaghetti and Meat Sauce thread.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2021 2:46 PM

I am marinating chicken that I will grill and make a sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado on a Kaiser roll, with a side of fries. Nothing special but a favorite. I haven’t had French fries in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2021 9:23 PM

I had two Bob Evans sausage biscuits to tide me over, while I make Sloppy Joes (from our Sloppy Joe thread).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2021 9:29 PM

A cool yoghurt based lemon, rice, egg and lemon soup with romaine and herbs courtesy of my roommate and some meatballs with herbs alongside a potato salad I leaner to make it without mayo and just olive oil, baby potatoes, red onion, olives, cucumbers, red pepper slices and a dash of mustard). Obviously just a bit cuz I kind of drank my lunch in Italian beer.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2021 11:43 PM

Half a pint of B&J vanilla ice cream. Yikes, about 800 calories just for that.

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2021 12:47 AM

R42, how were your sloppy joes, and which recipe did you use?

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2021 12:57 AM

I'm having Mexican. His name is Carlos, 25, muscles and a 8-inch cock.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2021 12:57 AM

Mexican take out.

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2021 2:09 AM

R45, I used a packet of McCormick's Sloppy Joe Mix, a pound of ground beef (80/20), a 6 oz can of tomato paste, two medium onions, finely chopped, and a 7 oz can of chopped green chilis. I added salt and pepper to taste, and a generous dash of allspice, which elevates ground meat dishes. I dished it up on toasted potato buns: they were delicious, and I have enough to freeze for the next time I have a craving.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2021 3:41 AM

R3 that grilled cheese sounds yummy! what kind of bread do you use for that grilled cheese? Do you grill your bread with butter or mayonnaise?

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2021 3:46 AM

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread. Just ate about an hour ago and it was delicious!

Here’s the recipe. I highly recommend it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2021 3:49 AM

i use olive oil. You could use Dijon mustard if you wanted too.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2021 3:51 AM

We had cod, riced cauliflower, and a green salad.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2021 4:08 AM

McDonald's, including the vanilla cone.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2021 4:15 AM

R40 which meat sauce recipe do you use?

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2021 4:17 AM

R3, I was just given a jar of fig jam and would like to try your Havarti sandwich. I've never had Havarti -- is it a strong flavored cheese, or nutty, or what?

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2021 4:20 AM

I'm not R3, but Havarti is mild. I wouldn't say nutty.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2021 4:26 AM

I’m not r3 either, but Havarti has notes of swiss cheese, but more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2021 4:29 AM

Thanks, R56 & R57 -- sounds good with fig jam.

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2021 4:34 AM

Amy's frozen dumplings and veggies over rice noodles. it was pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2021 4:39 AM

r59 Did you eat them with a comb while throwing staplers.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2021 4:46 AM

r59 nope, just a regular fork and some chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2021 4:51 AM

I made a baked lemon chicken with pasta.

baked a breast a 325 for about 40 minutes in:

about 1/4 stick of butter, maybe a little more, idk olive oil about half a large lemon several shakes of garlic powder (was too lazy to slice actual garlic) several shakes of red pepper flakes couple shakes of paprika a bit of salt

boiled pasta. sliced up chicken, added that with the sauce it was baked in to pasta (after I'd strained the pasta, sue me). Then added a bit more of all of the above, more butter, spice, oil, etc., and some cheap sauvignon blanc to the pot. Cooked until everything was melted, the smell of the wine had died down, then added a bit more lemon.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2021 9:47 AM

Baked salmon fillet with chunky tzatziki sauce -- hasselback sweet potato stuffed with green apple slices.

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2021 6:18 PM

r61 May be you should read about senator Amy Klobuchar and her salad eating habits, a little

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2021 7:56 PM

Chicken thighs made with Shake n Bake, frozen french fries, both sprayed with canola spray before going into the oven, Rao's marinara and mozzarella on the chicken near the end. Sugar free Jello cup with Reddi Whip. Basically crap with more crap added to it but it all tasted good.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2021 1:11 AM

I'm making these Persian fesenjoon-inspired chicken wings.

I got the recipe from Food 52's Youtube site and they came out great the first time I made them.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2021 1:14 AM

Lemon-onion porkchops, steamed white rice (with butter), boiled broccoli, and a green salad with peas and grated hard-boiled eggs. My partner is a FABULOUS cook. We eat like this every night...

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2021 1:40 AM

Leftover roasted chicken thighs with squash and mashed potatoes. Dessert was apple-blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2021 2:19 AM

Scallops wrapped in bacon, with spicy tomato jam.

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2021 2:21 AM

Pork butt roast with roasted yellow potatoes and homemade gravy. I’ve never made my own gravy, and I was quite happy with the results.

Tomorrow or Tuesday, it’s pulled pork sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2021 2:23 AM

Leftover spinach daal and aloo gobi and rice, yesterday was Indian.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2021 3:09 AM

Oven baked chicken wings!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2021 11:57 PM

Cobb salad.

by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2021 12:48 AM

I had my frozen Chinese meatballs and frozen brown rice again. I'm so tired. I just can't cook like I used to.

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2021 1:06 AM

Homemade (or "homo-made," if prefer) pepperoni pizza and a green salad

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2021 1:08 AM

Homemade (or "homo-made," if prefer) pepperoni pizza and a green salad

by Anonymousreply 76March 30, 2021 1:08 AM

Kudos if you even made the crust yourself. I don't have the energy to even butter a piece of store bought bread or go out to buy the bread. If I can't get it delivered I do without it. I just pull a piece out of the bag and eat it as is and eat some cold cut or cheese out of the package. I don't even make an actual sandwich anymore. That would require grabbing out two slices of bread and I'm too pooped.

by Anonymousreply 77March 30, 2021 1:14 AM

Last night my two young adult grandchildren made the following: Caesar salad with sauteed chicken breast strips, Fresh greenbeans Provencal, Herb toasts. House white wine. They used my recipes for everything. Very nutritious and low cal - well, except for all the olive oil and butter on green beans. Lots of olive oil, garlic and fresh lemons used. I showed my grandson how to cut meat without harming himself and he seasoned the chicken artfully. Granddaughter did the salad. I sat and pontificated.

by Anonymousreply 78March 30, 2021 1:37 AM

this is really sweet. Glad you had some grandkids time.

by Anonymousreply 79March 30, 2021 1:38 AM

The world most expensive smoothie and a salad, overpriced but good. Damn, will want to go back.

by Anonymousreply 80March 30, 2021 1:39 AM

I made a Balboa sandwich with left over steak, sliced thin, melted Swiss cheese on garlic bread. So good but I shouldn’t have eaten the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 81March 30, 2021 1:56 AM

Grilled boneless chicken breast wrapped in bacon with potatoes..

by Anonymousreply 82March 30, 2021 2:00 AM

A Scotch, followed by...another Scotch.

by Anonymousreply 83March 30, 2021 2:43 AM

Pancetta and leek frittata, arugula with shaved Parmesan cheese and vinaigrette, and a baked yam.

by Anonymousreply 84March 30, 2021 3:12 AM

tomorrow I am making hummus (from scratch including the tahini) with spinach, marinated artichoke hearts and feta cheese and having it with pita chips.

by Anonymousreply 85March 30, 2021 3:21 AM

I 'm craving grilled artichokes. Are they in season?

by Anonymousreply 86March 30, 2021 6:21 AM

You fat whores are lying like dead dogs. Endless posts on DL about favourite fast food, snacks, and frozen entrees, but suddenly you're all casually whipping up prosciutto risottos and elderberry-glazed sablefish or whatever the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 87March 30, 2021 4:03 PM

R87, you seem to have an unpleasant personality but you do sound like a good cook (or at least an accomplished creative writer).

by Anonymousreply 88March 30, 2021 4:54 PM

R34 is a racist, trans-hate, homophobic, "in my day" troll.

And obviously a fat one, from that recipe.

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote] You fat whores are lying like dead dogs. Endless posts on DL about favourite fast food, snacks, and frozen entrees, but suddenly you're all casually whipping up prosciutto risottos and elderberry-glazed sablefish or whatever the fuck?

There are two food factions on DL.

1. Babytasters who subsist on prepared foods. No fish or other seafood because that's "nasty." There's another active thread about vegetables; some posters don't like vegetables as a category.

2. "Gourmets": everything is so easy to whip up, only takes 25 steps and a fully-stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer. Even if the topic is "my arm is in a sling; help me not eat fast food"; their advice would be to truss and roast a guinea fowl.

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2021 6:04 PM

I took a cooked breaded pork chop out of the freezer to reheat for dinner. I have a huge russet potato washed and ready to nuke and I plan to have it with butter, salt, sour cream and chives. I plan on frozen mixed vegetables and applesauce for dessert. I grew up always having applesauce with pork.

I plan on napping around 3:30. So if I get up late I might bump that meal until tomorrow. I hate to eat past 6.

by Anonymousreply 91March 30, 2021 6:58 PM

Baked brie and tomato on hearty white bread...so bad for me, but I adore it.

by Anonymousreply 92March 30, 2021 11:58 PM

Prime sirloin strip, baked potato, broccoli, mango panna cotta.

by Anonymousreply 93March 31, 2021 12:02 AM

Braised short ribs, potatoes, tossed salad, a slice of chocolate cream pie and a glass of wine.

by Anonymousreply 94March 31, 2021 1:01 AM

I am not hungry yet. I do not know. Probably, soup and salad. Something light.

by Anonymousreply 95March 31, 2021 1:47 AM

I wan't to be RAPED by straciatelle

by Anonymousreply 96March 31, 2021 1:56 AM

I was raped by broccoli It'll be alright.

by Anonymousreply 97March 31, 2021 2:06 AM

Fried chicken (boneless-skinless), mac & cheese, green beans, microgreens salad.

Gotta cut out some of the bad shit somewhere ...

by Anonymousreply 98March 31, 2021 2:14 AM

what is you mac and cheese recipe?

by Anonymousreply 99March 31, 2021 2:17 AM

leftover pizza and several glasses of chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 100March 31, 2021 2:36 AM

Roasted zoodles with Rao pasta sauce. Roasting them takes out the moisture. Followed by a handful of blueberries for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 101March 31, 2021 2:42 AM

Pasta. Spaghetti alla puttanesca. Easy to prepare. Great taste, if you like it salty and fishy.

by Anonymousreply 102March 31, 2021 6:25 PM

R99 My recipe is going to the grocery store and buying some in order to save my energy and sanity.

by Anonymousreply 103March 31, 2021 7:41 PM

most likely pizza and a green salad.

by Anonymousreply 104March 31, 2021 11:50 PM

Shredded wheat in low-fat milk, two slices of fresh mango.

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2021 12:20 AM

I don't cook nearly as much as I used to, but last night I made the effort for my husband's birthday. Two days earlier, I dropped a couple of prime-grade chuck short ribs (vacuum-packed with sprigs of rosemary) into a sous vide bath set at 131º F and cooked them for 48 hours. The technique results in a marvelously tender short rib that is still medium-rare. I topped those with a compound butter made with Gorgonzola, caramelized shallots and garlic and a couple of browned-butter seared sea scallops. The sides were simple; a baked russet potato with the fixings and grilled zucchini dressed with a balsamic glaze.

Tonight, we're having leftover chicken stew from the freezer, because I'm sure a hell not cooking again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2021 12:51 AM

Chicken stuffed with brie and cranberries (buy them frozen)

and cubed sweet potatoes

by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2021 1:45 AM

It’s good to see that people still make an effort to cook complete meals, and don’t just eat frozen pizza and cereal. I know many who think cooking is hard, but it’s like anything else in life: If you learn the basics and practice, it’s pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 108April 1, 2021 8:12 AM

Well, tonight is gonna be a döner with fries.

Last night was better - doenjang-jjigae (with shiitake stock instead of anchovy) and a bit of kimchi. It was very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 109April 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Low fat cottage cheese with an assortment of fresh fruit.

by Anonymousreply 110April 1, 2021 8:29 AM

Omaha Steaks is having a sale on Wagyu beef hamburgers...so tempting. Still rather pricey though.

by Anonymousreply 111April 1, 2021 4:33 PM

Cold rice noodles with grilled chicken and peanut sauce from NYT cooking, served with a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon blanc. I made the same thing last week, and it was fabulous.

FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 3 tablespoons brown sugar 6 tablespoons lime juice 1 garlic clove, finely grated 6 to 8 small Thai chiles, thinly sliced, or 1 or 2 serrano chiles FOR THE PEANUT DRESSING 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 6 tablespoons lime juice 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced 4 tablespoons natural unsalted peanut butter 2 teaspoons sesame oil Pinch cayenne FOR THE CHICKEN AND RICE NOODLES 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/4 pounds 4 large garlic cloves, halved 1 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced 1 4-inch length lemon grass, tender center only, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon sesame oil 3 tablespoons brown sugar ⅛ teaspoon cayenne 8 ounces dried rice vermicelli or other rice noodles 2 small cucumbers, cut in 1/4-inch half moons 1 medium carrot, cut in thin julienne ¾ cup fresh mung bean sprouts or other sprouts Small handful basil sprigs Small handful mint sprigs Small handful cilantro sprigs 4 tablespoons slivered scallions ¼ cup crushed or chopped roasted peanuts Lime wedges

by Anonymousreply 112April 1, 2021 4:44 PM

Had a huge restaurant cheeseburger deluxe delivered. Got extra slaw in place of lettuce and tomato. I didn't want anything healthy to invade my feast. I was going to have some ice cream afterward but not only was too full but wanted my heart to make it till morning.

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2021 1:33 AM

Golden beet salad w/ blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits, mango chunks, craisins, and vinaigrette.

Haagen-Daz coconut pineapple ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Frozen batter dipped cod fillets and frozen coconut shrimp and frozen fries are in the oven as I type. I will though have homemade coleslaw with it.

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2021 9:13 PM

R114, I wish I could trade dinners with you. Especially, the pineapple ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2021 9:14 PM

Thin-cut breaded pork chops, baked. Apple sauce. Macaroni and cheese. Candied carrots.

Roy's Molten Lave Cake and homemade vanilla ice cream.

Now pedaling as I type.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2021 11:17 PM

bump this thread

Because I'm hungry

by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Chicken Biryani, will follow it up with Cold Stone Coffee ice cream

by Anonymousreply 119April 4, 2021 1:58 AM

Chicken Cordon Bleu, roasted red potatoes, green beans.

by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2021 1:59 AM

Maple glazed salmon with bacon, steamed broccoli, roasted white sweet potatoes with lemon and brown sugar. Vanilla gelato for dessert. An hour on the treadmill for the latter tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2021 2:03 AM

I just remember that I brought a chicken, so that. Probably will served with mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2021 3:02 AM

I'm about to eat Beef Stroganoff once the egg noodles are cooked. I added some pickled walnuts to the beef this time, inspired by Clarisa Dickson Wright (one of the Two Fat Ladies) who included them in some meat dish.

by Anonymousreply 123April 4, 2021 3:41 AM

roasted chicken with mashed potatoes. 15 more minutes and we are done.

by Anonymousreply 124April 4, 2021 4:30 AM

R123, where did you find pickled walnuts? I don't eat meat but might like to try them in a roasted vegetable dish.

by Anonymousreply 125April 4, 2021 4:42 AM

Well? What the hell did you guys have for Easter? Even if you don't celebrate Easter, what the hell did you have?

by Anonymousreply 126April 4, 2021 9:22 PM

Today has been an uneventful food day for me. I'm meeting up with family tomorrow evening for our Easter dinner. My dad is making manicotti and a salad.

Last night I made a sort of Cajun Alfredo with shrimp and vegetables.

You need to start boiling the water for the pasta first, then start the sauce.

Sauce is olive oil, butter, heavy cream, but I use half and half (not because of calories, but because I'm a cheap bitch and tend to have better results anyway).. parmesan cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a white pepper based Cajun seasoning.

Then add sliced zucchini and yellow squash to the sauce a little after you've brought the pasta to a boil. Other vegetables work well. Just do whatever you want to do here.

After the pasta is done, add to sauce. Then add raw shrimp, keep working it in as the vegetables cook. Once you can tell the shrimp is done, you're good. Add some lemon if you want, I prefer it, but not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 127April 4, 2021 10:15 PM

Ham!! This Fat Whore Jew loves his Easter ham. I was invited to the neighbors and they had the full Easter spread, the centerpiece of which was a delicious slow cured Virginia ham. Eat your hearts out bitches!

by Anonymousreply 128April 4, 2021 10:28 PM

STEAK.

by Anonymousreply 129April 4, 2021 10:33 PM

Steak cooked out on the grill; horseradish sauce; Yukon gold potatoes, boiled, roughed-up, and then roasted until they get a crispy edge; asparagus; and a mixed green salad

by Anonymousreply 130April 4, 2021 10:36 PM

I rarely eat pork, but if someone offered me a plate of top-notch ham and deviled eggs, maybe some sort of stuffed celery, I'd be all over it. Those foods really can be fantastic at times.

by Anonymousreply 131April 4, 2021 10:39 PM

Jenny Craig spaghetti with meatballs

by Anonymousreply 132April 4, 2021 10:39 PM

Lollipop lamb chops with mint sauce, rice pilaf, green beans.

Meyer lemon cake with lemon icing.

by Anonymousreply 133April 4, 2021 10:54 PM

R125, I ordered Opies Pickled Walnuts (imported from England) on Amazon, but it appears they're even available on the Walmart website. The Beef Stroganoff I made with them turned out very rich.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Good grief, R134, that's one obscure ingredient. Which company do I hate more: Amazon or Walmart? Walmart's product costs a few dollars more than Amazon's and both are more than I want to spend -- maybe I'll just wait until someone I know is travelling to England and ask him/her to bring me a jar. They do look good, though.

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2021 1:47 AM

Rib lamb chops, baked potato, butter, sour cream, chives, steak sauce.

Breakfast was way better...a mini banana split and pretzels. I really need to stop keeping B&J ice cream. I just can't resist.

by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2021 1:48 AM

Lazy day, I seared a pork tenderloin that I seasoned and doused with worcestershire sauce, popped in the oven, microwaved peas and seasoned with salt and butter, on my second glass of Pinot Grigio

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2021 2:00 AM

Roasted chicken with all the fab sides I decide to make. I am not really hungry though.

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2021 2:04 AM

Hopefully, he is sexy. And the show is a good. When does it come out?

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2021 2:05 AM

I overcooked my prime rib on Easter, ruining a $60 piece of meat. I’m getting takeout Mexican tonight. I’m craving tacos.

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2021 4:39 PM

Taco

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2021 4:41 PM

Hot dogs grilled out, homemade potato salad and homemade baked beans - and some cheap red wine to wash it down...

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2021 1:41 AM

I made a turkey and roasted root vegetables pot pie

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2021 1:47 AM

Today is taco Tuesday! tonight is Carne Asada tacos! Also some beans on the side. i’ve made this recipe before and it’s very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2021 6:03 PM

A bowl of Kashi cereal. And because I'm special, I'll slice a banana for it. Yay, me!

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2021 7:02 PM

R145: that's so healthy it makes me sick!

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2021 1:43 AM

Chicken tenders with peppers and onions in a soy ginger sauce, served over rice.

by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2021 2:09 AM

Tuna salad on rye with a bowl of granola on the side as sort of a dessert. It was really a late lunch and late enough that it screwed up my wanting dinner.

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2021 2:19 AM

Stuffed tofu and rice.

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2021 2:23 AM

I'm going to try making a Spaghettio Ring for the first time, with Vienna Sausages (instead of whatever they used).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2021 3:12 AM

Just some Total cereal with whole milk and sliced fresh strawberries. Still stuffed from Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 151April 7, 2021 3:58 AM

I made Chilean sea bass last night for dinner, and it was absolutely amazing. It tasted just like the sea bass at Mastros steakhouse, which is my favorite dish.

by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2021 3:34 PM

R152 how did you prepare the Seabass? I love new fish ideas.

Tonight I am grilling lamb rib chops topped with fresh rosemary and garlic, mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli.

by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2021 8:38 PM

Tricolor quinoa (cooled) with chicken breast cooked in white wine sauce, with roasted root vegetables, chick peas and feta cheese. A little bit of basalmic dressing.

by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2021 8:41 PM

R153, I used this recipe. It was so simple and came together quickly. I’m going to try it with halibut next (I’m concerned about the mercury levels in sea bass).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 7, 2021 9:02 PM

Chicken and roasted pepper quesadillas and arugula salad.

by Anonymousreply 156April 8, 2021 12:05 AM

Fishstick sandwich on Wonder bread. a slice of American cheese...tacky, I know.

by Anonymousreply 157April 8, 2021 1:05 AM

tacky? maybe. Delicious sounding? Bet your ass r157

by Anonymousreply 158April 8, 2021 1:10 AM

Oh yes, r158...with a mixture of catsup, mayo and relish as a sauce. Gross and delish.

by Anonymousreply 159April 8, 2021 1:12 AM

mmmmm. needed a side of tater tots. maybe tater tots with a slice of American cheese broiled on top.

by Anonymousreply 160April 8, 2021 1:14 AM

R157: that meal makes me HARD! Yes - I'm heading toward being a fatty. Since hubby cooks EVERY night, we're having Vietnamese takeout: Singapore noodles with chicken , garlic green beans with chicken and rice. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 161April 8, 2021 1:48 AM

Ooooh, I love Singapore noodles R161. That and shrimp spring rolls. I never use soy sauce, but the brown sauce they use for dumplings. I have no first-rate Asian restaurants near me, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 162April 8, 2021 1:56 AM

Picadillo with tortillas. I made the Picadillo with lentils rather than ground beef.

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2021 1:56 AM

My husband is making breakfast burritos: flour tortillas toasted directly in the gas stovetop, eggs, bacon, cheese, tater tots for the potatoes, and Sadie's Roasted Green Chile Salsa. Just divine.

by Anonymousreply 164April 8, 2021 9:52 PM

I just ordered some pizza.

by Anonymousreply 165April 8, 2021 9:55 PM

Pancakes Barbara!

by Anonymousreply 166April 8, 2021 9:57 PM

Baked haddock in cheddar cheese sauce, rice pilaf, green beans, roasted carrots.

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2021 12:36 AM

Swedish Meatballs on egg noodles, vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and mini pretzels on the side.

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2021 1:06 AM

R167's baked haddock reminds me that I saw frozen cod loins on sale at Grocery Outlet yesterday. How do fish have loins? Even if they were mermaids, which cod are not?

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2021 1:41 AM

Tiny beef fillet, roasted carrots, broccoli, asparagus.

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2021 2:10 AM

Rare duck breast with a Curaçao, mustard, and caper deglaze; salad; purchased fries and a light red wine

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2021 2:59 AM

R169 the loin is the name of the cut, it’s a thick piece that’s been deboned. I made a baked cod loin for Easter and it was delicious.

I had a BLT on sourdough but the tomato was mealy and flavorless.

by Anonymousreply 172April 10, 2021 2:21 AM

Italian sweet sausage skewers with cherry tomatoes, onions and red and green peppers over rice. It looks like the flag of Italy on a stick.

Lemon ricotta pound cake with fresh pineapple and strawberries.

by Anonymousreply 173April 10, 2021 2:27 AM

R172, good tomatoes are getting hard to find. Supermarket varieties have become quite bland and I don't know why. I have been getting organic ones, preferably beefsteak or heirloom ones. Is it because of the pesticides and such, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 174April 10, 2021 3:26 AM

I think it's because they ship them, green/unripe and force them to 'ripe' with... nitrogen? when they get where they need to be

by Anonymousreply 175April 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Yeah--the only way to get good tomatoes is to buy them in season from a farmstand or farmers market. Even hothouse tomatoes, which seem to be making an unexpected comeback, grown fresh are usually pretty flavorless, If you live some place where they don't grow, you're out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 176April 10, 2021 11:25 AM

All of this tomato talk has me excited for summer. There is nothing better than a perfect heirloom tomato. A ripe juicy peach is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 177April 10, 2021 10:49 PM

Seafood Delight from my local Chinese takeout. Lobster, Scallops, Crab & Shrimp, with various mixed vegetables including snow peas, carrots, cabbage. I only at a scant amount of the rice that was included with it.

by Anonymousreply 178April 10, 2021 11:35 PM

Spaghetti and meatballs. Sauce was Rao's; meatballs were homemade. I generally make my own marinara, but Costco had a great deal on Rao's. It actually lives up the hype.

by Anonymousreply 179April 11, 2021 12:29 AM

up *to* the hype. (Too much vino with dinner.)

by Anonymousreply 180April 11, 2021 12:33 AM

I am so sick of food.

by Anonymousreply 181April 11, 2021 12:41 AM

Chicken parm, candied sweet potatoes, a fistful of cheese puffs and two graham crackers. Is it me or did graham crackers always taste like cardboard?

by Anonymousreply 182April 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Trader Joe's frozen Honey-Walnut Shrimp and rice.

by Anonymousreply 183April 11, 2021 1:08 AM

Thin-cut pork chops with apple sauce, broccoli, macaroni and cheese.

Sliced mango.

by Anonymousreply 184April 11, 2021 2:01 AM

Popcorn, that's it' I'm on a budget.

by Anonymousreply 185April 11, 2021 4:38 AM

Tuna on hearty toasted white bread with bacon and tomatoes. Finally mastered the perfect tuna. Followed a recipe from Pinterest. Drain the tuna almost dry. Nuke the chopped onions in a little olive oil; mix it with chopped eggs, relish, Dijon mustard and a generous amount of mayonnaise. This is the best tuna salad that I’ve ever had that wasn’t from the delicatessen.

by Anonymousreply 186April 11, 2021 4:56 AM

I am between grocery runs so I had a 3 egg omelet with cheddar cheese and toast with butter.

by Anonymousreply 187April 11, 2021 6:37 AM

(166) that is my exact recipe and I have been doing it for years - always use albacore.

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2021 6:39 AM

Honestly I'll save this thread anytime I'm hungry just to read the disgusting things posted to turn me off food in here. I think only 10 posters wrote anything worth eating. Props to the grilled chicken Ina on lettuce and the guy who baked a whole fish. The cheese sauce troll needs to die. Seriously cheese sauce on everything. STOP IT.

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2021 8:34 AM

Pasta e Fagioli---pasta, beans, tomatoes, some herbs, some dried pepper. Easy, spicy, delicious and mostly stuff I already had.

by Anonymousreply 190April 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Yogurt, fresh strawberries & grapes, slice of pepper jack cheese and two Ritz crackers covered by chicken salad.

I'm a light eater.

by Anonymousreply 191April 11, 2021 12:40 PM

I made orange chicken for dinner last night. Got the recipe from Preppy Kitchen. The result was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 192April 11, 2021 12:44 PM

oh, you have to post this [r92]

by Anonymousreply 193April 11, 2021 12:47 PM

i wan this orange chicken receipe

by Anonymousreply 194April 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Preppy Kitchen Orange Chicken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 11, 2021 2:23 PM

I stopped by the fish market this morning and picked up some beautiful 2 pound whole sardines. I'm going to debone and fillet them, spread them with my tomato provencal recipe, then roll them up and bake for a perfect lunch.

by Anonymousreply 196April 11, 2021 3:14 PM

This orange beef recipe is the best that I’ve ever made. It’s truly restaurant quality. It’s from NYT Cooking, so I’ll have to copy and paste.

INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE: 1 tablespoon neutral oil 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced 2 tablespoons orange zest, plus the juice of one orange 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced ¼ cup light brown sugar ¼ cup rice vinegar (do not use seasoned rice vinegar) ¼ cup soy sauce 1 tablespoon fish sauce FOR THE BEEF: 1 large egg white 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 pinch kosher salt 1 boneless rib-eye steak, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces ¼ cup neutral oil 6 scallions, white and green parts cut into inchlong pieces and separated 2 to 4 dried red chiles, or to taste

PREPARATION Make the sauce: Heat oil in a small sauce pan set over medium-high heat. When it begins to shimmer, add ginger, jalapeño and orange zest and stir to combine. Sauté mixture until ingredients soften, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, then add garlic and continue cooking until it softens, approximately 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add orange juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce to pan and stir to combine. Allow mixture to come to a boil, then lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and reduces by half, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the meat: Combine egg white, cornstarch and salt in a bowl. Add steak, tossing to coat the meat with the batter. In a large skillet or wok set over high heat, heat oil until it shimmers and is about to smoke. Add beef to the pan or wok in a single layer and cook without stirring until the bottoms of the pieces are crisp and golden, approximately 60 to 90 seconds. Add white pieces of scallion and chiles to the pan, then turn the beef pieces over and cook the other sides, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes more for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter. Pour orange sauce into the hot pan or wok, let it boil and stir it as it thickens. Add meat and white scallions and stir to coat with the sauce. Return meat and sauce to the platter and scatter green scallions over the top. Serve with steamed broccoli and white rice.

by Anonymousreply 197April 11, 2021 3:52 PM

R181: is that you, Dafur Orphan?

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2021 3:19 AM

That sounds great ^ ^ but I'm going to make it with tofu or Gardein beefless beef tips.

by Anonymousreply 199April 14, 2021 3:24 AM

Corned beef with cabbage tonight. I only bought it because corned beef, leftover from St Patrick’s day, was $2 a pound at my local grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 200April 14, 2021 4:47 PM

Grilled chicken sandwich with pickles and hot sweet mustard

by Anonymousreply 201April 14, 2021 4:53 PM

I have leftover salmon that I didn't cook up on Easter, it's smelling up my fridge, so I'll probably do something with that tonight.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2021 1:53 PM

R202, I’m making salmon tonight too. Coconut miso salmon curry from NYT cooking (almost everything I make is from NYT cooking but it’s a subscription site).

INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons safflower or canola oil 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 cups) 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, minced (about 2 tablespoons) 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced Kosher salt and black pepper ¼ cup white miso ½ cup unsweetened, full-fat canned coconut milk 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces 5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 packed cups) 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving Steamed rice, such as jasmine or basmati, for serving ¼ cup chopped fresh basil ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro

by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2021 2:23 PM

Thinly sliced kosher salt...I'm impressed!

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2021 2:26 PM

Dying to try making maple salmon...

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2021 2:32 PM

R202, I hope you are kidding about eating fish that is almost two weeks old.

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2021 3:10 PM

I made taco salad. the store didn't have radishes so I used radish microgreens I am growing. they're really spicy!

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2021 12:28 AM

Whatever it is, it will be eaten off of...𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2021 12:37 AM

Broiled scallops on asparagus-mushroom risotto, roasted cherry tomatoes, and a green salad.

Fresh sliced strawberries with brown sugar and clotted cream.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2021 12:41 AM

Beef barley soup and a buttered roll from the deli that was disappointing. Too salty and made with hamburger instead of little chunks of beef.

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2021 1:20 AM

I love you, r209.

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2021 2:48 AM

how do you make risottos? Your recipe please?

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2021 3:13 AM

Hubby is trying to lose 20 lbs of Covid hibernation weight, so So since I am the food shopper/cooker of dinner, I am trying some Weight Watchers recipes from the WW app. Tonight I sautéed some shrimp (Trader Joe's brand - peeled and deveined) in a little olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, chicken broth and lemon juice. Tossed in some whole wheat penne and served topped with some toasted panko breadcrumbs. Only 9 points and it was delicious!

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2021 3:17 AM

R213, you are a good husband!

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2021 3:40 AM

r213. I’m trying to lose my Covid weight gain, too. But I’m living on salads and fish. The weight is coming off, but I’m dying for some different tasting food. Poor me.

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2021 11:49 AM

pizza and a beet salad.

by Anonymousreply 216April 18, 2021 12:03 AM

Buttermilk fried chicken, green beans, steamed Yukon gold potatoes with homemade chicken gravy, and a big fresh salad. All made by Hubbyy

by Anonymousreply 217April 18, 2021 12:07 AM

I've gotten some great recipes to try off this thread. I made Thai green curry with onions, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower. Unfortunately I overcooked the vegetables. I might make oatmeal cookies using trail mix later, because we have no sweets in the house.

by Anonymousreply 218April 18, 2021 12:15 AM

R215, I feel your pain. I'm trying, too.

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2021 12:16 AM

Baked potato and tons of sour cream.

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2021 12:18 AM

Mango chicken and lamb pasanda via Uber Eats: was deelish!

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2021 12:26 AM

Jambalaya, green salad, baked apple.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2021 12:28 AM

I was doing great on my diet, and lost 9 pounds in the last month. I ate out 3 times this week, and feel like crap. I need to turn this back around. I was eating one snack (hard boiled egg or apple) and dinner everyday. No snacking.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2021 12:50 AM

Maple mustard glazed center cut pork chops. With candied apples & cherries, roasted potatoes, and brussels sprouts.

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2021 12:54 AM

Lasagne at Bravo...it's halfway between Bolognese and Americano.

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2021 6:04 AM

Pasta primavera with asparagus and peas to accompany salmon.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2021 6:58 PM

You need to get control of your eating habit. You got dat?

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2021 7:06 PM

Spring mix salad with broiled shrimp, campari tomatoes, mini-cucumbers, boiled eggs, homemade bacon vinaigrette.

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2021 11:16 PM

Spinach salad with strawberries/lemon dressing with sweet onions, cold chicken chopped and added. Fresh baked bread. Maybe blackberry cobbler if I can get it together.

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2021 11:19 PM

Nashville hot chicken, tater-tots, and coleslaw.

Strawberry-rhubarb pie and homemade vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2021 11:22 PM

i need dinner ideas spring and summer.

by Anonymousreply 231April 19, 2021 7:33 PM

R231, pasta primavera with asparagus and peas from NYT cooking. So fresh tasting, and simple. I was able to buy all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s.

INGREDIENTS ¼ pound sugar snap peas, stems trimmed ½ pound asparagus, ends snapped 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ¾ cup fresh English peas ¼ cup thinly sliced spring onion, white part only (or use shallot) 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, more as needed Black pepper, more as needed 12 ounces fettuccine or tagliatelle, preferably fresh (see recipe) ⅔ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, at room temperature ½ cup crème fraîche or whole milk Greek yogurt, at room temperature 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon PREPARATION Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. While the water is coming to a boil, slice snap peas and asparagus stems into 1/4-inch-thick pieces; leave asparagus tips whole. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add snap peas, asparagus, English peas and onion. Cook until vegetables are barely tender (but not too soft or mushy), 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. Drop pasta into boiling water and cook until al dente (1 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta, more for dried pasta). Drain well and transfer pasta to a large bowl. Immediately toss pasta with vegetables, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crème fraîche and herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper, if needed.

by Anonymousreply 232April 19, 2021 8:30 PM

Peanut butter and jelly on raisin toast. Still hungry.

by Anonymousreply 233April 19, 2021 11:35 PM

Home-made pizza: 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 sausage and black olive; mixed greens salad with homemade dressing; oatmeal-raisin cookie and milk for dessert

by Anonymousreply 234April 19, 2021 11:49 PM

pizza w/ left over spaghetti and ricotta.

by Anonymousreply 235April 20, 2021 12:23 AM

A corned beef sandwich with Swiss cheese on a brioche roll, cole slaw, pickles, and potato chips.

by Anonymousreply 236April 20, 2021 12:38 AM

You bitches eat too much pork.

by Anonymousreply 237April 20, 2021 1:06 AM

i am trying to make convection oven French fries. I always fuck up and they come out like home-fries, but that's okay too.

by Anonymousreply 238April 20, 2021 1:26 AM

Italian vegetable soup I made and a chicken Caesar salad with a mini bagel garlic toast.

by Anonymousreply 239April 20, 2021 1:32 AM

this sounds so good [r239]. Wish I was there.

by Anonymousreply 240April 20, 2021 1:37 AM

I took my partner out for his birthday today, and that bitch ordered the EXTRA prime rib serving. Do I look like I am made of money? $60 for that shit.

by Anonymousreply 241April 20, 2021 1:41 AM

Three Grilled cheese sandwiches with a little tomato soup

Seriously, I only need enough soup to dunk in and they give me three servings.

by Anonymousreply 242April 20, 2021 1:42 AM

Beef stroganoff with leftover beef kebab meat. I used Cajun mustard instead of Dijon. Served over farfalle pasta. It was pretty good!

by Anonymousreply 243April 20, 2021 1:43 AM

R240 😉

by Anonymousreply 244April 20, 2021 1:45 AM

R238 save yourself the hassle and buy these and pop them in the oven. They taste amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 20, 2021 1:48 AM

Eggplant tonight and quail eggs tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 246April 20, 2021 2:09 AM

I had two pieces of baked chicken breasts with peas and mushrooms, not the most gourmet of meals, but it was good.

by Anonymousreply 247April 20, 2021 2:17 AM

Scrambled eggs and toast. I didn’t want to cook tonight. Hell, who am I kidding? I don’t want to cook any night.

by Anonymousreply 248April 20, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote] Eggplant tonight and quail eggs tomorrow.

Quail eggs are pretty small. How many are you planning to eat?

by Anonymousreply 249April 20, 2021 6:45 AM

roasted chicken thighs

by Anonymousreply 250April 21, 2021 3:19 AM

Tonight, homemade Chinese chicken salad. 🥗

by Anonymousreply 251April 21, 2021 5:20 AM

Petit filet mignon, pommes frites, asparagus hollandaise.

by Anonymousreply 252April 21, 2021 12:30 PM

Steak Shawarma with homemade hummus and a salad.

by Anonymousreply 253April 21, 2021 4:47 PM

i had a late lunch of leftovers. I usually do not like left overs, but everything was good, very tasty. I imagine that I will have a very light dinner latter. Maybe soup? Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 254April 21, 2021 10:09 PM

Broiled Angus sirloin burger topped with bacon and Pimento cheese, three bean salad.

by Anonymousreply 255April 21, 2021 10:11 PM

Grilled pork chop, oven roasted potato w/rosemary, side salad with blue cheese dressing.

by Anonymousreply 256April 21, 2021 10:13 PM

A pint of Haagen-Dazs strawberries and cream

by Anonymousreply 257April 21, 2021 10:14 PM

Chicken kebabs with bell peppers and onion, and a side salad.

I just got this in the mail today and it's awesome. Unlike most other indoor electric grills I've had over the years, this thing does indeed get screaming hot and makes great grill marks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 21, 2021 10:56 PM

Homemade chili (with chocolate, coffee and dark beer in it); a couple of toasted corn tortillas; broccoli with lemon butter; a pickled peach I made last summer; some dark Dove chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 259April 23, 2021 2:47 PM

I want an upscale hamburger with truffle fries and a milkshake made from something decadent.

by Anonymousreply 260April 23, 2021 3:48 PM

That sounds amazing, r260. I’m making a salad with chicken and chickpeas tonight, but may get a burger tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 261April 23, 2021 4:29 PM

^^^Yes it does R261. I may have to go a ways to get exactly what I want. I do better to cook the food that I have though.

by Anonymousreply 262April 24, 2021 1:08 AM

New York strip steak with apple walnut blue cheese salad

by Anonymousreply 263April 24, 2021 3:57 AM

A clean-out-the-vegetable-drawer-frittata: green onions, yellow onions, garlic, bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, no green), mushrooms, pepperjack cheese. Plus the last ragged slices of a French bread loaf toasted and buttered, with some Australian red wine from Grocery Outlet's semi-annual wine sale. Pretty good, and I feel so virtuous using up all that stuff instead of throwing it out!

by Anonymousreply 264April 24, 2021 4:09 AM

Sausage and pepper hero delivered from a neighborhood pizza place. To my shame I had half a can of Whole Food canned ravioli with it, like the bread from the hero wasn't enough and it was not even good ravioli but canned. I didn't want to spend another 15 bucks for a portion of restaurant ravioli. A peanut butter cup for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2021 2:27 AM

Squid ink and seafood paella, made with rice (and ink) brought for that purpose from Spain. Arugula and radish salad. Berries and whipped cream. Chocolate. It was fantastic. All I had to do was make the salad (grew the arugula).

by Anonymousreply 266April 25, 2021 2:30 AM

Risotto of chicken and cucumber salad.

by Anonymousreply 267April 25, 2021 3:38 AM

salad and a croissant.

by Anonymousreply 268April 25, 2021 4:47 AM

Stuffed Peppers. One was filling enough so I have the other leftover for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 269April 25, 2021 8:20 AM

A neighbor of mine who works part time at a food bank gave me some frozen pre-cooked chicken parts. I put them in a slow cooker with some frozen lima beans and corn and left it on overnight...I'll be nibbling from it all day today. I added garlic, oregano, butter and chicken stock.

by Anonymousreply 270April 25, 2021 1:59 PM

Broiled salmon, red potatoes, asparagus.

by Anonymousreply 271April 25, 2021 2:27 PM

Tuna casserole tonight because I am too lazy to cook anything else.

by Anonymousreply 272April 26, 2021 1:08 AM

Homemade lasagna, garlic bread and fresh greens salad. YUM. I have to be one of the luckiest homos on the planet to have a husband who is such a good cook.

by Anonymousreply 273April 26, 2021 1:47 AM

Sardines on rye with mayo and a banana.

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2021 3:01 AM

Banana on the side or on the sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2021 3:05 AM

Homemade pepperoni pizza and a fresh green salad...and LOTSA red wine..

by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2021 4:38 AM

Patty melt and onion rings

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2021 8:10 PM

Turkey Reuben (aka Rachel sandwich); made in the oven. Had it for lunch and may skip dinner.

by Anonymousreply 278April 27, 2021 8:41 PM

Roast turkey and Swiss cheese on a brioche roll, olives, potato chips, three bean salad.

by Anonymousreply 279April 27, 2021 10:12 PM

Homemade tacos, salsa, guacamole. Delish!

by Anonymousreply 280April 27, 2021 10:50 PM

A sausage and egg sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 281April 28, 2021 1:01 AM

Banana on the side, R275, but I do love a banana sandwich with mayo on white, in fact I think I will have that tonight with some tuna on the side.

I know. I'm a weird eater.

I actually like potato chips in most of my sandwiches, not on the side.

by Anonymousreply 282April 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Burgers, sweet potato fries, asparagus, and bread pudding made from chocolate swirl brioche from Whole Foods. My partner’s parents are coming over.

by Anonymousreply 283April 28, 2021 9:55 PM

Tonight - actually, all day - water, water, water, Colace, water, Miralax with a gallon of water, more water.

Colonoscopy at 8 tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow night - small Caesar salad, filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, and pineapple pie.

by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2021 10:02 PM

Good luck, r284. My Dr allowed me to have one glass of white wine the afternoon before my colonoscopy and it made all the difference in the world in terms of suppressing my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2021 11:36 PM

Cherry tomatoes braised in butter and brown sugar till they split and release their juices. boil them down slowly to reduce liquid. beat 4 eggs till frothy and pour over tomatoes & cook over low heat - voila - a fritatta. you can add salt and pepper and other herbs and spices or cooked veggies, serve hot or cold, have leftovers tomorrow if you don't eat the whole thing in one sitting. serve w/chardonnay, I may have posted this before, but had to use up the tomatoes, so repeat performance.

by Anonymousreply 286April 29, 2021 12:23 AM

I microwaved leftover steamed rice from a take-out Chinese restaurant lunch last week (it's been in the freezer since then) and mixed in a can of kippers (drained) -- salt and pepper plus a little butter. My mom used to fix that for me when she was too tired to make lunch (though microwave ovens hadn't been invented yet so she must have heated it in a saucepan). Tasty, filling, cheap, and nostalgic. Followed by a small apple and glass of apple juice, for regularity.

by Anonymousreply 287April 29, 2021 12:27 AM

Tostadas with all the toppings.

by Anonymousreply 288April 29, 2021 7:34 AM

R282, chips in sandwiches is not that unusual. If you're ever in the Pittsburgh area, there's a local chain called Primanti Brothers that puts fries and coleslaw in their sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2021 7:52 AM

I made Mac and cheese from scratch, baby broccoli, and strip steaks. My partner went out with his brother for lunch and came come drunk and full. Everything will be good tomorrow, except for the steaks.

by Anonymousreply 290April 29, 2021 10:39 PM

I trust you didn't cook the broccoli...

by Anonymousreply 291April 29, 2021 10:48 PM

Cooked broccoli will last a week or more in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 292April 30, 2021 2:14 AM

^Mine lasts for a month. Or MORE...

by Anonymousreply 293April 30, 2021 2:30 AM

R284, this is probably too late but you really need to eat light and have something easy to digest, like eggs and applesauce, the day of a colonoscopy.

by Anonymousreply 294April 30, 2021 2:40 AM

most likely pizza and a salad.

by Anonymousreply 295May 1, 2021 2:23 AM

Not tonight, but in the near future, Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. I can't wait because I'm such a trash person. I might have a little brownie for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 296May 1, 2021 3:12 AM

Leftover smoked pork from lunch at a restaurant yesterday, served with corn on the cob. I bought a ton of food to cook tomorrow. Friends will be coming over, and I’m so excited (we are all vaccinated). I’m making beef bulgogi with rice, homemade potstickers, broccolini, and strawberry rhubarb crisp.

by Anonymousreply 297May 1, 2021 9:35 PM

I had leftover chicken parm with spaghetti for breakfast, followed by ice cream. Probably just salad for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 298May 2, 2021 3:29 PM

Last night I ordered Chinese takeout. I had Wonton Soup, a Shrimp Egg Roll, and their Seafood Delight.

It mentioned lobster was in it as well so I assumed it was the imitation stuff, but it was indeed real lobster, which was cool.

by Anonymousreply 299May 2, 2021 4:00 PM

I’m roasting a chicken tonight. I ose orange instead of traditional lemon in the cavity... and every 15 minutes I Bastet with orange butter.

by Anonymousreply 300May 2, 2021 4:20 PM

*use *baste with melted butter and OJ

by Anonymousreply 301May 2, 2021 4:22 PM

Homemade lasagna, a lovely green salad, and garlic bread. Fresh strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 302May 2, 2021 8:07 PM

Delmonico steak, w/salad, loaded baked potato, and buttered corn.

by Anonymousreply 303May 3, 2021 12:33 AM

Sausage skewers with peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes; spinach salad with mandarin oranges, avocado, bacon, bleu cheese and maple balsamic vinaigrette; focaccia

Homemade mocha walnut ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 304May 3, 2021 2:56 AM

A Quesadilla. Simple, but good.

by Anonymousreply 305May 3, 2021 5:19 AM

[R303] are you in las vegas?

by Anonymousreply 306May 3, 2021 5:22 AM

cheese

by Anonymousreply 307May 3, 2021 5:28 AM

I've always wanted to make a Quesadilla, but they seem too complicated, maybe I'd try it if I were hosting and extravagant dinner party or something.

by Anonymousreply 308May 3, 2021 5:29 AM

They are best reserved for black tie, yes.

by Anonymousreply 309May 3, 2021 5:30 AM

Last night I made baked chicken breasts and a pasta salad for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 310May 3, 2021 11:57 AM

I made a semi-complicated quesadilla the other day. Mash an avocado with lime juice and Kosher salt. Spread it medium thick on a tortilla (flour or corn as you prefer, any size) -- lay slices of pepperjack cheese on half the tortilla and fold the other half over to form a crescent moon shape. Repeat with as many more quesadillas as you're hungry for. Heat butter to sizzling in a skillet over medium heat -- put the quesadilla(s) in the skillet with the cheese side down and fry to crisp, then flip to the other side and fry to crisp again. Remove to plate and top with hot sauce to taste.

If you have leftover mashed avocado, serve it next to your quesadilla(s) as a dip for radishes. Or spread it in a small freezer container, press plastic wrap firmly on the entire surface, cover the container, and freeze until you need it for another meal.

That's about as complicated as a quesadilla can get.

by Anonymousreply 311May 3, 2021 1:00 PM

Less complicated, less greasy: take some cooked white meat chicken, sauteed red and green peppers, sauteed onions, and a small bag of the shredded four cheese Mexican blend. Add a little chili powder and cumin if you like. Mix the fillings in a small bowl and mound on one side of each tortilla. Fold over, bake in 325F oven for about 20 minutes on parchment paper, turning once until cheese is melted.

Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.

by Anonymousreply 312May 3, 2021 6:54 PM

A strapping gentleman had my booty for dinner last night!

by Anonymousreply 313May 3, 2021 7:11 PM

R312, your "less complicated" quesadilla calls for 8 ingredients, several of which have to be cooked separately before being added to the quesadilla -- then it's served with 3 garnishes. Mine at R311 requires only 5 ingredients (1 is salt), none of which need pre-cooking, plus hot sauce added at the table. And mine isn't at all greasy, whereas yours includes 3 vegetables that have been sauteed and would be greasy if not completely drained.

While you're slaving away with all that preparation, I'll be making a pitcher of margaritas.

by Anonymousreply 314May 3, 2021 9:47 PM

I am making nachos

by Anonymousreply 315May 3, 2021 10:09 PM

i think chicken, but still not very hungry.

by Anonymousreply 316May 4, 2021 3:00 AM

r315, please share your recipe. Do you use corn or flower tortillas? are they homemade?

by Anonymousreply 317May 4, 2021 3:03 AM

Flowers

by Anonymousreply 318May 4, 2021 3:04 AM

r317, I am scum. I use tostitos tortilla chips, I do not make them myself.

I do a 1/4 pound of ground beef, a package of sliced mushrooms and a pint of refried beans with black beans mixed in (i make and freeze the beans so they come from my freezer). I cook that, add a bit of water and dried onions, cayenne pepper, cumin and a bunch of salsa.

I have an air frier convection oven so I set it to convection 450 and lightly oil a baking sheet. single layer of tortilla chips, spoon the mixture on, add sliced black Olives , top with monterey jack and mozzarella. cook 5 minutes until browned bubbly cheese, add sliced jalapeños and have sour cream and guacamole on the side.

not remotely authentic nor fancy but damned delicious and the chios don't get soggy at all. before I had the oven I made them on my cast iron pizza pan in the regular oven.

by Anonymousreply 319May 4, 2021 3:13 AM

also, the meat mixture is for many multiple servings. I freeze it in small one. serving containers.

by Anonymousreply 320May 4, 2021 3:28 AM

I was at the market today and saw smoked duck breast, one breast was 19.00, so not inexpensive. I may go back for one, what should I do with it? Shred and make a salad? ideas?

by Anonymousreply 321May 4, 2021 3:41 AM

Fresh haddock, steamed red potatoes and a wedge of Iceberg lettuce with homemade bleu cheese dressing

by Anonymousreply 322May 4, 2021 3:42 AM

I did a beef stir fry with everything leftover in the fridge. The marinade for the meat was a ginger/cornstarch mixture with a little heat. Also, magi sauce, which I throw into everything lately. Cooked the beef, took it out of the pan. Baby bok choi, all the peppers, weird mushrooms from the Asian market. Threw in some Chinese cooking wine. More soy sauce, fish sauce, anything that popped into my head. Oh---finally bought a cast-iron skillet. Love this thing. Sears everything so nicely. The peppers got a nice char. I was out of rice, so I made risotto. Still worked.

by Anonymousreply 323May 4, 2021 3:43 AM

It is so interesting that the phone is better than facetime. You go with what works, what is working right now. It is so difficult.

by Anonymousreply 324May 4, 2021 4:55 AM

ravioli and bread

by Anonymousreply 325May 5, 2021 4:03 AM

Homemade HAMBURGERS! YUM!

by Anonymousreply 326May 5, 2021 4:19 AM

QUESEDILLAS.

by Anonymousreply 327May 5, 2021 4:25 AM

I made this. It was really good! Used Pappadelle pasta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 5, 2021 4:33 AM

QUESEDILLAS.

You guys are over-complicating something that is very simple.

My ex-BF was Mexican (half, his dad was Mexican). He and his sisters taught me how to make a couple of different Mexican dishes.

This is how he made quesedillas.

Flour tortillas (large, burrito-sized) from the store. (Sister of ex-BF taught me how to make homemade flour tortillas, but ex-BF did not make his own.)

Cheese (cheddar for sure and maybe some Monterey Jack).

Frying pan, medium or so heat. No oil, just lay down your flour tortilla and put cheese on top. When cheese melts, fold the tortilla in half, like an omelet (the half-moon shaped ones).

Quesedilla is done. Your tortilla will be nice and crispy, even without oil. Cut into pie shapes.

Accompaniments: sour cream and store-bought salsa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 5, 2021 4:34 AM

r329, visually that looks lovely, do you have a vegan and glute free version?

by Anonymousreply 330May 5, 2021 4:37 AM

R330, I have no experience with gluten-free stuff. I have tried Daiya (vegan) cheese before and did like it. Haven't had any luck with finding vegan sour cream, though. You might try these Mission tortillas.

Salsa should be vegan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 5, 2021 4:42 AM

don't attempt the quesadilla, until you master the 5 sauces of French cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 332May 5, 2021 5:52 AM

I had a large deli turkey sandwich for lunch, and I'm still full. A friend brought me a freshly baked berry cobbler, and I'm too full to even try that tonight.

I had planned on doing Ina Garten's lemon garlic chicken (easy recipe, but add more lemon, wine and garlic), and some grilled asparagus, but will have that tomorrow night, along with the cobbler.

If anybody tries Ina's lemon garlic chicken, marinate the chicken thighs in the wine, garlic, lemon and zest, etc., then cook the chicken without it sitting in the marinade. It will stew the chicken. This would be great on the grill.

by Anonymousreply 333May 5, 2021 7:03 AM

a salad

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2021 12:53 AM

I fucked up. I had way too many carbs and too much cheese today and have my physical in the morning. I knew the appointment was Thursday but all day I thought today was Tuesday. Drinking a lot of water and will work out an hour in the morning. I don’t want one bad day to fuck up the results of my blood work.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2021 12:59 AM

I didn’t eat until 2pm today, and went out for Mexican food with friends. Nachos. Queso, burritos, margaritas...I feel sick, but drunk so it’s manageable.

by Anonymousreply 336May 6, 2021 1:03 AM

[R328] This is Cacio e pepe.

by Anonymousreply 337May 6, 2021 8:28 PM

Breakfast for dinner!

by Anonymousreply 338May 6, 2021 8:33 PM

Fried Italian greens (escarole, olive oil, garlic and a little red pepper) and Naan bread. I was in the grocery store earlier today and noticed a local Italian restaurant started offering their greens in the prepared foods section there, so I figured I'd give them a try. I'm not terribly hungry this evening.

by Anonymousreply 339May 6, 2021 8:44 PM

I made cheese sauce for some spicy French fries and had some hamburger with pickles on the side

by Anonymousreply 340May 6, 2021 10:10 PM

how do you make your cheese sauce?

I just brought some on my way home from a Mexican restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 341May 7, 2021 12:55 AM

I start with a half cup of water and wisk in a couple of tablespoons of flour and have it thicken. then I add a 2 inch by 1 inch by 1 inch cut of Velveeta and wisk that in. I add half and half (a cup) and let continue to thicken. Then I add about 6 ounces of cheddar, some aged parmesan and some sharp provolone. If I am dipping fries I add a little cayenne pepper. Sometimes I need to add extra liquid but I do like it extra thick for fries.

by Anonymousreply 342May 7, 2021 1:36 AM

^Try it using butter instead of the water. Don't let the butter brown, just melt it, then toast the flour in it a little. Add the half and half, and thicken it. Then the cheese. It's rich stuff.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2021 10:37 AM

Well? What did you guys have? I had a huge lunch, so just soup for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 344May 8, 2021 5:15 AM

r343, I do that when I make cheese soup and agree, it's very rich. I need to pay more attention when I use butter. Water is less fussy and I was just throwing together a quick trash dinner while I did dishes and made the dog's dinner :)

by Anonymousreply 345May 8, 2021 5:21 AM

I made fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and a salad with feta and black Olives and vegetables and herbs from my kitchen garden

by Anonymousreply 346May 10, 2021 8:40 PM

Spaghetti al Limone with asparagus from the garden

by Anonymousreply 347May 10, 2021 10:28 PM

whole wheat spaghetti with marinara (NY Times recipe) and Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Salad with vinaigrette.

by Anonymousreply 348May 10, 2021 10:32 PM

I made shrimp Pad Thai tonight. The rice noodles were gummy and chewy. The flavors were also ‘off’. I won’t try that again.

by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Roast chicken with pan gravy, mashed potatoes and roasted carrots. Canned cranberry sauce. Nothing green on my plate today. Tomorrow is colonoscopy prep day so wanted to stuff myself with something satisfying and relatively easy to digest.

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2021 12:08 AM

Giada's Simple Bolognese with rigatoni. It's foolproof, quick and easy. Though the recipe doesn't call for quite enough tomatoes.

I added some beef broth to the pasta cooking water. We'll see how that turns out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2021 12:27 AM

I ordered Uber Eats. Decided to go Mexican tonight, ordered their house special, Alambre (beef).

by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2021 12:56 AM

pizza and a wedge lettuce salad.

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2021 6:20 AM

Green Jell-O. Just finished my colonoscopy prep. Let the games begin!!

by Anonymousreply 354May 12, 2021 12:34 AM

Hot dogs cooked out on the grill, corn on the cob, homemade potato salad, and baked beans. YUM.

by Anonymousreply 355May 12, 2021 12:38 AM

I don't know yet for sure yet, but I am leaning towards: baked ravioli and baked French bread (nice and toasty).

by Anonymousreply 356May 12, 2021 2:19 AM

A frankfurter sandwich. I know. But fried in a bit of butter, split down the middle, between two pieces of hearty white bread with a slice of cheddar with ketchup and mustard.

by Anonymousreply 357May 17, 2021 1:14 AM

Pepper ham & cheese sandwich. Strawberry ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 358May 17, 2021 1:27 AM

I have been doing my taxes, so when I did my weekly grocery shopping, I picked up two pieces of fried chicken and a small cup of mac & cheese at the supermarket. Tough shit, "epicure"

by Anonymousreply 359May 17, 2021 1:46 AM

Pot pie and roasted potatoes. Very good.

by Anonymousreply 360May 17, 2021 4:35 AM

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 361May 18, 2021 5:13 AM

Beyond Burgers

Mac n Cheese, from a box not homemade.

It was a good dinner. I'll probably eat them same thing tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 362May 18, 2021 5:16 AM

A Big Mac, fries, diet coke & chocolate cake.

Dining with 'daddy'.

by Anonymousreply 363May 18, 2021 5:36 AM

Chicken thighs cooked with tomato paste, garlic, lemon, peppers and capers, a mix of sweet potatoes and regular sweet potatoes, cucumbers marinated in Japanese seasoned vinegar, shredded cabbage cooked in a thai peanut sauce, rhubarb cobbler. (I had four over for dinner, you don't think I'd cook this much food for myself.!)

by Anonymousreply 364May 18, 2021 5:46 AM

but only a baby scoop of ice cream, wah wah

by Anonymousreply 365May 18, 2021 5:46 AM

Tonight I'm going with scalloped potatoes (from scratch, not box), chicken breast with bbq sauce, and corn on the cob with butter, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.

by Anonymousreply 366May 18, 2021 6:52 PM

^^ meant au gratin, the cheesy potatoes, not scalloped. Yes, I type fat, but I'm not fat. Once in a while I just need to get down.

by Anonymousreply 367May 18, 2021 7:21 PM

quesadilla

accompanied by an avocado salad with a balsamic glazed.

by Anonymousreply 368May 19, 2021 4:27 AM

A BALSAMIC GLAZED WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 369May 19, 2021 5:07 AM

My dinner is rather schizophrenic, but satisfying: larb and mizuna salad (leftover Thai takeout combined with fresh mizuna and homemade chili-lime dressing), homemade tomato/tarragon soup, bacon/onion marmalade grilled cheese sandwiches, and a really good 2015 Gigondas. Korean popsicles for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 370May 20, 2021 1:01 AM

I have no idea. Maybe a salad?

by Anonymousreply 371May 20, 2021 2:01 AM

A BALSAMIC GLAZED COCK!

by Anonymousreply 372May 20, 2021 3:00 AM

THE COCK SHOULD BE LESS AGED THAN THE BALSAMIC.

by Anonymousreply 373May 20, 2021 3:52 AM

egg rolls and chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 374May 20, 2021 3:53 AM

beyond burgers. They are really good. The trick is to season them, mix and form into a patty, even if you buy them in patty form already.

by Anonymousreply 375May 20, 2021 4:08 AM

Planning for tomorrow, probably yakisoba since i have some pork belly and cabbage I need to use up.

by Anonymousreply 376May 20, 2021 5:16 AM

Want to try Jamie Oliver’s Chicken in Milk. Maybe Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 377May 21, 2021 1:05 PM

^I fell for that about a year ago. It's really not worth it. Just do a roast chicken. For real. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 378May 22, 2021 1:12 AM

Tonight was grilled strip steak and some red beans & rice, with a simple salad (lettuce, tomato, oil & vinegar).

by Anonymousreply 379May 22, 2021 1:43 AM

Tonight is a grilled pork chop, navy beans and roasted Brussels sprouts

by Anonymousreply 380May 22, 2021 5:15 PM

R378 what happened with the chicken?

by Anonymousreply 381May 22, 2021 5:34 PM

Peach yogurt. Salad with pasta, peas, mushrooms, tomato, and onions, with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

by Anonymousreply 382May 23, 2021 1:39 AM

a salad. Maybe with a grilled cheese or quesadilla? I don't know. I had a sandwich for lunch that was filling.

by Anonymousreply 383May 23, 2021 2:43 AM

^ R378 here. re the so-called Milk Chicken. The milk chicken recipe was sold to me via the NYTimes, I think - " Oooh, better than sliced bread!!!"). I looked at the J. Oliver version on youtube too, before I tried it. It just wasn't all that great, I think the milk separated, like cheese in a souffle in an oven that was too hot, so you got white sludge (protein) and yellow grease (the butterfat). The whole thing seemed like bullshit to me, once it was done. Acceptable as a meal, yes, perfectly edible with lots of leftovers. But if if was a cream sauce you were expecting, you're much better off doing one of those normal French chicken veloute' cream sauces, or an Indian version using full-fat yogurt and a bunch of yummy spices. Both of those are far better than "milk chicken". My 50 cents...I LIVED it, honey.

by Anonymousreply 384May 23, 2021 2:52 AM

I did chicken tenders with peppers and onion in Trader Joe's General Tso's sauce, added pepper flakes, served over rice...very tasty. Any recommendations for ready made sauces for quick and easy dinners?

by Anonymousreply 385May 23, 2021 3:59 AM

I made stuffed peppers last night with a sort of Mexican twist. I used ground turkey, brown rice, fire-roasted corn, a ton of fresh chopped cilantro, and ready-made salsa. I added taco seasoning, stuffed the peppers with that mixture, baked for 30 minutes covered, threw some cheese on top, and continued baking for another 15 minutes. They were delicious.

by Anonymousreply 386June 7, 2021 8:26 PM

Went to Costco over the weekend and got some really nice USDA Prime New York strip steaks. Going to grill out tonight along with corn on the cob and roasted fingerling potatoes. Dessert will be my husband’s summer time favorite - strawberry shortcake. Plus will probably go through a bottle (or two) of wine. I have the day off tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 387June 7, 2021 8:32 PM

I will be right over r387 (I don't stink anymore)

by Anonymousreply 388June 7, 2021 8:36 PM

rice casserole

Sauté mushrooms

Green Salad

by Anonymousreply 389June 7, 2021 8:42 PM

See my exciting and relevant new thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 7, 2021 9:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!