Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Epicure: What are you having for dinner?

I am hungry.

by Anonymousreply 197a day ago

Sausage crumble with squash, rotel tomates and parm. Had to use up this Jimmy Dean sausage before it expired. It had another month to go, but I know me; if I didn't use it now, it would sit in my fridge until it died.

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2021

American Chop Suey from a gourmet takeout place. It's not the shit they served in the cafeteria.

Steamed asparagus in lemon butter broth.

Strawberry-rhubarb crumb pie.

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2021

Grilled Cheese (Havarti and fig jam) This is so delicious.

Roasted Carrots and Potato Hash

Small green salad with balsamic vinaigrette (homemade of course).

Chocolate Croissant for dessert. If still hungry. ( I brought these.)

This is so GOOD. I have all the ingredients. Most important, it is so EASY. Faster than driving to take out place.

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2021

I am all out of my favorite liquor, so food.

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2021

r3, that sounds delicious!

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2021

There’s nothing in the house. I don’t feel like stepping out or ordering in. I’ll have some toast.

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2021

Fig jam is incredible. Fucking heathens knew how to eat.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2021

BBQ ribs

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2021

Six oysters,, grilled branzino, creamed spinach, chocolate malt cake, and decaf cappuccino.

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2021

Some kind of plant-based non-meat patty made from white beans and hot peppers (Morningstar Farms brand maybe?). I fried it in butter and made a sandwich out of it, with pepperjack cheese and raw onion slices between thick slices of French bread. And Negro Modelo beer. Dessert will be a Pepcid pill at bedtime, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2021

Penne with pancetta, English peas, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2021

bump

because I am hungry

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2021

Quesadilla. I have to make more black beans, then I'm having another one. It was this or pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2021

bump this thread

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2021

I had, around 6pm EST, chicken salad made, from a deli, with cranberries and yellow raisins, delicious, on buttered rye, a handful of potato chips and 1/3 of a slice of carrot cake, from the same deli. Diet Pepsi as my beverage, with lemon squeezed in. I love this chicken salad. You wouldn't think chicken salad a little on the sweet side would be good, but it is.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2021

Poached Salmon, asparagus, creamed spinach, brown rice, and a slice of the 3-layered chocolate cake I baked yesterday

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2021

R16, have you or anyone here ever tried Whole Foods organic frozen brown rice? It's cheap and it contains nothing but brown rice and it's delicious. I add a little butter and salt and it's the best brown rice I've ever tasted. I bought these organic/grass fed frozen meatballs to have with it and without even adding anything to the meatballs, like a sauce, it was a great meal and just 3 of those little meatballs was filling. Maybe it was the fiber in the rice that was filling. Either way, yum.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2021

It was a cool, rainy day so I made a pot of beef gulyas and had a salad later. I also wanted to start using up what is left from my winter potatoes, so it all went fine. As simple as much of it is, I do think Hungarian and Central European traditional dishes get passed over when they offer some fine versions of familiar fare.

I spend a lot of time in northern Italy, Provence, New Orleans and Thailand in my kitchen, so a trip to Pest or Minsk or parts of India (working on Puducherry recipes) or the African Maghreb keeps things from slipping into a rut.

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2021

Red Beans & Rice with spicy sausage and a bagged salad that pretends it’s caesar.

If I keep the portions down, it’s supposed to be four servings. I’m trying to get fat, so there.

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2021

Stir Fry Scrambled Eggs with Char Siu Pork 叉燒炒蛋 (homemade...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2021

A head of Boston lettuce, half a leftover grilled chicken breast, some Parmesan cheese and vinaigrette (Ina G’s recipe). Followed by apple slices topped with sharp Irish cheddar with a dab of honey. A handful of almonds (Kirkland, they are steamed and I love their “mouth feel”). I am still hungry but not for anything I have.

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2021

A huge yam sliced in half with real butter, salt and freshly ground pepper and topped with Oscar Mayer real bacon bits. I also had a glass of red house wine Earlier I had Fage Vanilla Yoghurt with fresh blueberries. Chocolate ice cream, I nuked the yam on the potato setting on my microwave.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2021

A 2-egg cheddar cheese omelet, with pico de gallo on the side.

by Anonymousreply 2303/25/2021

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken thighs? I accidentally bought extra via Instacart...I’ll be eating them for weeks. My freezer is full, so I have to cook them tonight or at least this weekend...

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2021

Made a mix of Indian and Irish with a shepherd's pie made Indian style, very tasty

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2021

R24, bake them on pieces of bread for a long time, then use both when cool to make a killer Caesar’s salad

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2021

R24 I do a version of chicken cacciatore (without mushrooms but you could add)

In a large stock pot, sauté rough cut carrots, celery, zucchini and onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add chicken. Add a large can of whole tomatoes. Add oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper and simmer for about a half hour. Break up tomatoes, turn heat down to low, cover pot and let stew another half hour or longer (the longer it cooks the more the chicken will come off the bone). If you like a thicker sauce add tomato paste (either when cooking the vegetables or after you break up the tomatoes). You can do this in a slow cooker as well.

I like to serve with pasta or spaghetti squash.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2021

For lunch I'm getting take-out from a Caribbean place: fried whiting, with sides of collards & steamed cabbage, and an appetizer of yucca puffs with a guava-lime dipping sauce. (I'll split it in two so it'll be enough for today & tomorrow's lunch.)

Tonight it's tagliatelle with a pesto sauce I made that contains 5 different nuts (walnuts, pignoli, almonds, hazelnuts & pistachios).

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2021

oh i want your pesto recipe.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2021

I make this all the time. The chicken thighs are roasted in the oven because I hate the cleanup of sautéing chicken on the stove top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2021

I received a big amount of stew veggies from my recent safeway delivery. I didn't order them, but was charged $5.

The mix consisted of halved new potatoes, carrots, purple and white onion quarters. Recipe follows:

Put a bit of water in dish to cover the bottom and make steam for the veggies Throw in the veggies. Sprinkle veg with 1 tsp Knorr dry chicken bouillon (in a jar). stir it around a bit. cover top with saran wrap. Place in microwave covered and cook in 3 min increment to about 10 min total. Stir veg.

Test with a fork and when veg are soft, add a couple of tablespoons of butter. Stir this thoroughly throughout and you will see that you have made a lovely sauce for your stew. Add some fresh ground pepper.

This absolutely delicious and except for the butter practically no calories! It is essential that you use only Knorr dry chicken bouillon .Use only real butter!

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2021

Roast chicken leg, pasta with home made marinara sauce. 2 pieces of baklavah (sp?) which I will regret eating tomorrow when I step on the scale.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2021

[quote]oh i want your pesto recipe.

R29 - I put 1/4 cup each raw almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pignoli & pistachios in a food processor. (I grind them as much as possible because I like a smooth pesto.)

Then in a blender I put 1 oz basil and 2 TB flat leaf parsley that I chop a bit, 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper, 1/4 cup + 2 TB EVOO, 3 garlic cloves (that I put through a garlic press), 1 TB melted butter, the ground nuts & 1/2 cup water and make it as smooth as possible. (You have to have a good blender for this because the the sauce is [bold]really[/bold] thick.

That makes enough sauce for about a lb of pasta. (I personally like Seggiano's tagliatelle.)

BTW I don't add salt to the sauce; I salt only the pasta water.

Before the pasta is done, I reserve about 3/4 cup of the pasta water.

Then to the drained pasta, I mix in the sauce (as best I could), add about half the reserved pasta water to better mix in the sauce, add 1 oz each grated pecorino and parmigiano cheeses, and then finally most of the remaining reserved water

I saw this recipe in some Sicilian cookbook years ago, and I like it as a change of pace to traditional pesto sauce.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2021

Sautéed butter/garlic/lemon pepper chicken thighs and steamed asparagus drizzled with my cheese sauce (heavy whipping cream, shredded gruyere, Parmesan, cheddar, red pepper, salt, and black pepper.)

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2021

R34 - can I come over for dinner?

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2021

An old friend.

by Anonymousreply 3603/26/2021

Dumplings from Trader Joe’s

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2021

Loving Arnold's Hearty White bread. Death by carbs, but they make a great sandwich bread.

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2021

R35 - Sure! I have plenty and I share.

by Anonymousreply 3903/27/2021

I'm having Spaghetti and Meat Sauce from that recipe that was posted, and should be charged for. See the Spaghetti and Meat Sauce thread.

by Anonymousreply 4003/27/2021

I am marinating chicken that I will grill and make a sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado on a Kaiser roll, with a side of fries. Nothing special but a favorite. I haven’t had French fries in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 4103/27/2021

I had two Bob Evans sausage biscuits to tide me over, while I make Sloppy Joes (from our Sloppy Joe thread).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4203/27/2021

A cool yoghurt based lemon, rice, egg and lemon soup with romaine and herbs courtesy of my roommate and some meatballs with herbs alongside a potato salad I leaner to make it without mayo and just olive oil, baby potatoes, red onion, olives, cucumbers, red pepper slices and a dash of mustard). Obviously just a bit cuz I kind of drank my lunch in Italian beer.

by Anonymousreply 4303/27/2021

Half a pint of B&J vanilla ice cream. Yikes, about 800 calories just for that.

by Anonymousreply 4403/27/2021

R42, how were your sloppy joes, and which recipe did you use?

by Anonymousreply 4503/27/2021

I'm having Mexican. His name is Carlos, 25, muscles and a 8-inch cock.

by Anonymousreply 4603/27/2021

Mexican take out.

by Anonymousreply 4703/27/2021

R45, I used a packet of McCormick's Sloppy Joe Mix, a pound of ground beef (80/20), a 6 oz can of tomato paste, two medium onions, finely chopped, and a 7 oz can of chopped green chilis. I added salt and pepper to taste, and a generous dash of allspice, which elevates ground meat dishes. I dished it up on toasted potato buns: they were delicious, and I have enough to freeze for the next time I have a craving.

by Anonymousreply 4803/27/2021

R3 that grilled cheese sounds yummy! what kind of bread do you use for that grilled cheese? Do you grill your bread with butter or mayonnaise?

by Anonymousreply 4903/27/2021

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread. Just ate about an hour ago and it was delicious!

Here’s the recipe. I highly recommend it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5003/27/2021

i use olive oil. You could use Dijon mustard if you wanted too.

by Anonymousreply 5103/27/2021

We had cod, riced cauliflower, and a green salad.

by Anonymousreply 5203/27/2021

McDonald's, including the vanilla cone.

by Anonymousreply 5303/27/2021

R40 which meat sauce recipe do you use?

by Anonymousreply 5403/27/2021

R3, I was just given a jar of fig jam and would like to try your Havarti sandwich. I've never had Havarti -- is it a strong flavored cheese, or nutty, or what?

by Anonymousreply 5503/27/2021

I'm not R3, but Havarti is mild. I wouldn't say nutty.

by Anonymousreply 5603/27/2021

I’m not r3 either, but Havarti has notes of swiss cheese, but more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 5703/27/2021

Thanks, R56 & R57 -- sounds good with fig jam.

by Anonymousreply 5803/27/2021

Amy's frozen dumplings and veggies over rice noodles. it was pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 5903/27/2021

r59 Did you eat them with a comb while throwing staplers.

by Anonymousreply 6003/27/2021

r59 nope, just a regular fork and some chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 6103/27/2021

I made a baked lemon chicken with pasta.

baked a breast a 325 for about 40 minutes in:

about 1/4 stick of butter, maybe a little more, idk olive oil about half a large lemon several shakes of garlic powder (was too lazy to slice actual garlic) several shakes of red pepper flakes couple shakes of paprika a bit of salt

boiled pasta. sliced up chicken, added that with the sauce it was baked in to pasta (after I'd strained the pasta, sue me). Then added a bit more of all of the above, more butter, spice, oil, etc., and some cheap sauvignon blanc to the pot. Cooked until everything was melted, the smell of the wine had died down, then added a bit more lemon.

by Anonymousreply 6203/28/2021

Baked salmon fillet with chunky tzatziki sauce -- hasselback sweet potato stuffed with green apple slices.

by Anonymousreply 6303/28/2021

r61 May be you should read about senator Amy Klobuchar and her salad eating habits, a little

by Anonymousreply 6403/28/2021

Chicken thighs made with Shake n Bake, frozen french fries, both sprayed with canola spray before going into the oven, Rao's marinara and mozzarella on the chicken near the end. Sugar free Jello cup with Reddi Whip. Basically crap with more crap added to it but it all tasted good.

by Anonymousreply 6503/28/2021

I'm making these Persian fesenjoon-inspired chicken wings.

I got the recipe from Food 52's Youtube site and they came out great the first time I made them.

by Anonymousreply 6603/28/2021

Lemon-onion porkchops, steamed white rice (with butter), boiled broccoli, and a green salad with peas and grated hard-boiled eggs. My partner is a FABULOUS cook. We eat like this every night...

by Anonymousreply 6703/28/2021

Leftover roasted chicken thighs with squash and mashed potatoes. Dessert was apple-blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 6803/28/2021

Scallops wrapped in bacon, with spicy tomato jam.

by Anonymousreply 6903/28/2021

Pork butt roast with roasted yellow potatoes and homemade gravy. I’ve never made my own gravy, and I was quite happy with the results.

Tomorrow or Tuesday, it’s pulled pork sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 7003/28/2021

Leftover spinach daal and aloo gobi and rice, yesterday was Indian.

by Anonymousreply 7103/28/2021

Oven baked chicken wings!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7203/29/2021

Cobb salad.

by Anonymousreply 7303/29/2021

I had my frozen Chinese meatballs and frozen brown rice again. I'm so tired. I just can't cook like I used to.

by Anonymousreply 7403/29/2021

Homemade (or "homo-made," if prefer) pepperoni pizza and a green salad

by Anonymousreply 7503/29/2021

Homemade (or "homo-made," if prefer) pepperoni pizza and a green salad

by Anonymousreply 7603/29/2021

Kudos if you even made the crust yourself. I don't have the energy to even butter a piece of store bought bread or go out to buy the bread. If I can't get it delivered I do without it. I just pull a piece out of the bag and eat it as is and eat some cold cut or cheese out of the package. I don't even make an actual sandwich anymore. That would require grabbing out two slices of bread and I'm too pooped.

by Anonymousreply 7703/29/2021

Last night my two young adult grandchildren made the following: Caesar salad with sauteed chicken breast strips, Fresh greenbeans Provencal, Herb toasts. House white wine. They used my recipes for everything. Very nutritious and low cal - well, except for all the olive oil and butter on green beans. Lots of olive oil, garlic and fresh lemons used. I showed my grandson how to cut meat without harming himself and he seasoned the chicken artfully. Granddaughter did the salad. I sat and pontificated.

by Anonymousreply 7803/29/2021

this is really sweet. Glad you had some grandkids time.

by Anonymousreply 7903/29/2021

The world most expensive smoothie and a salad, overpriced but good. Damn, will want to go back.

by Anonymousreply 8003/29/2021

I made a Balboa sandwich with left over steak, sliced thin, melted Swiss cheese on garlic bread. So good but I shouldn’t have eaten the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 8103/29/2021

Grilled boneless chicken breast wrapped in bacon with potatoes..

by Anonymousreply 8203/29/2021

A Scotch, followed by...another Scotch.

by Anonymousreply 8303/29/2021

Pancetta and leek frittata, arugula with shaved Parmesan cheese and vinaigrette, and a baked yam.

by Anonymousreply 8403/29/2021

tomorrow I am making hummus (from scratch including the tahini) with spinach, marinated artichoke hearts and feta cheese and having it with pita chips.

by Anonymousreply 8503/29/2021

I 'm craving grilled artichokes. Are they in season?

by Anonymousreply 8603/29/2021

You fat whores are lying like dead dogs. Endless posts on DL about favourite fast food, snacks, and frozen entrees, but suddenly you're all casually whipping up prosciutto risottos and elderberry-glazed sablefish or whatever the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 8703/30/2021

R87, you seem to have an unpleasant personality but you do sound like a good cook (or at least an accomplished creative writer).

by Anonymousreply 8803/30/2021

R34 is a racist, trans-hate, homophobic, "in my day" troll.

And obviously a fat one, from that recipe.

by Anonymousreply 8903/30/2021

[quote] You fat whores are lying like dead dogs. Endless posts on DL about favourite fast food, snacks, and frozen entrees, but suddenly you're all casually whipping up prosciutto risottos and elderberry-glazed sablefish or whatever the fuck?

There are two food factions on DL.

1. Babytasters who subsist on prepared foods. No fish or other seafood because that's "nasty." There's another active thread about vegetables; some posters don't like vegetables as a category.

2. "Gourmets": everything is so easy to whip up, only takes 25 steps and a fully-stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer. Even if the topic is "my arm is in a sling; help me not eat fast food"; their advice would be to truss and roast a guinea fowl.

by Anonymousreply 9003/30/2021

I took a cooked breaded pork chop out of the freezer to reheat for dinner. I have a huge russet potato washed and ready to nuke and I plan to have it with butter, salt, sour cream and chives. I plan on frozen mixed vegetables and applesauce for dessert. I grew up always having applesauce with pork.

I plan on napping around 3:30. So if I get up late I might bump that meal until tomorrow. I hate to eat past 6.

by Anonymousreply 9103/30/2021

Baked brie and tomato on hearty white bread...so bad for me, but I adore it.

by Anonymousreply 9203/30/2021

Prime sirloin strip, baked potato, broccoli, mango panna cotta.

by Anonymousreply 9303/30/2021

Braised short ribs, potatoes, tossed salad, a slice of chocolate cream pie and a glass of wine.

by Anonymousreply 9403/30/2021

I am not hungry yet. I do not know. Probably, soup and salad. Something light.

by Anonymousreply 9503/30/2021

I wan't to be RAPED by straciatelle

by Anonymousreply 9603/30/2021

I was raped by broccoli It'll be alright.

by Anonymousreply 9703/30/2021

Fried chicken (boneless-skinless), mac & cheese, green beans, microgreens salad.

Gotta cut out some of the bad shit somewhere ...

by Anonymousreply 9803/30/2021

what is you mac and cheese recipe?

by Anonymousreply 9903/30/2021

leftover pizza and several glasses of chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 10003/30/2021

Roasted zoodles with Rao pasta sauce. Roasting them takes out the moisture. Followed by a handful of blueberries for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 10103/30/2021

Pasta. Spaghetti alla puttanesca. Easy to prepare. Great taste, if you like it salty and fishy.

by Anonymousreply 10203/31/2021

R99 My recipe is going to the grocery store and buying some in order to save my energy and sanity.

by Anonymousreply 10303/31/2021

most likely pizza and a green salad.

by Anonymousreply 10403/31/2021

Shredded wheat in low-fat milk, two slices of fresh mango.

by Anonymousreply 10503/31/2021

I don't cook nearly as much as I used to, but last night I made the effort for my husband's birthday. Two days earlier, I dropped a couple of prime-grade chuck short ribs (vacuum-packed with sprigs of rosemary) into a sous vide bath set at 131º F and cooked them for 48 hours. The technique results in a marvelously tender short rib that is still medium-rare. I topped those with a compound butter made with Gorgonzola, caramelized shallots and garlic and a couple of browned-butter seared sea scallops. The sides were simple; a baked russet potato with the fixings and grilled zucchini dressed with a balsamic glaze.

Tonight, we're having leftover chicken stew from the freezer, because I'm sure a hell not cooking again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 10603/31/2021

Chicken stuffed with brie and cranberries (buy them frozen)

and cubed sweet potatoes

by Anonymousreply 10703/31/2021

It’s good to see that people still make an effort to cook complete meals, and don’t just eat frozen pizza and cereal. I know many who think cooking is hard, but it’s like anything else in life: If you learn the basics and practice, it’s pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 10804/01/2021

Well, tonight is gonna be a döner with fries.

Last night was better - doenjang-jjigae (with shiitake stock instead of anchovy) and a bit of kimchi. It was very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 10904/01/2021

Low fat cottage cheese with an assortment of fresh fruit.

by Anonymousreply 11004/01/2021

Omaha Steaks is having a sale on Wagyu beef hamburgers...so tempting. Still rather pricey though.

by Anonymousreply 11104/01/2021

Cold rice noodles with grilled chicken and peanut sauce from NYT cooking, served with a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon blanc. I made the same thing last week, and it was fabulous.

FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 3 tablespoons brown sugar 6 tablespoons lime juice 1 garlic clove, finely grated 6 to 8 small Thai chiles, thinly sliced, or 1 or 2 serrano chiles FOR THE PEANUT DRESSING 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 6 tablespoons lime juice 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced 4 tablespoons natural unsalted peanut butter 2 teaspoons sesame oil Pinch cayenne FOR THE CHICKEN AND RICE NOODLES 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/4 pounds 4 large garlic cloves, halved 1 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced 1 4-inch length lemon grass, tender center only, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon sesame oil 3 tablespoons brown sugar ⅛ teaspoon cayenne 8 ounces dried rice vermicelli or other rice noodles 2 small cucumbers, cut in 1/4-inch half moons 1 medium carrot, cut in thin julienne ¾ cup fresh mung bean sprouts or other sprouts Small handful basil sprigs Small handful mint sprigs Small handful cilantro sprigs 4 tablespoons slivered scallions ¼ cup crushed or chopped roasted peanuts Lime wedges

by Anonymousreply 11204/01/2021

Had a huge restaurant cheeseburger deluxe delivered. Got extra slaw in place of lettuce and tomato. I didn't want anything healthy to invade my feast. I was going to have some ice cream afterward but not only was too full but wanted my heart to make it till morning.

by Anonymousreply 11304/01/2021

Golden beet salad w/ blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits, mango chunks, craisins, and vinaigrette.

Haagen-Daz coconut pineapple ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 11404/01/2021

Frozen batter dipped cod fillets and frozen coconut shrimp and frozen fries are in the oven as I type. I will though have homemade coleslaw with it.

by Anonymousreply 11504/02/2021

R114, I wish I could trade dinners with you. Especially, the pineapple ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 11604/02/2021

Thin-cut breaded pork chops, baked. Apple sauce. Macaroni and cheese. Candied carrots.

Roy's Molten Lave Cake and homemade vanilla ice cream.

Now pedaling as I type.

by Anonymousreply 11704/02/2021

bump this thread

Because I'm hungry

by Anonymousreply 11804/03/2021

Chicken Biryani, will follow it up with Cold Stone Coffee ice cream

by Anonymousreply 11904/03/2021

Chicken Cordon Bleu, roasted red potatoes, green beans.

by Anonymousreply 12004/03/2021

Maple glazed salmon with bacon, steamed broccoli, roasted white sweet potatoes with lemon and brown sugar. Vanilla gelato for dessert. An hour on the treadmill for the latter tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 12104/03/2021

I just remember that I brought a chicken, so that. Probably will served with mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 12204/03/2021

I'm about to eat Beef Stroganoff once the egg noodles are cooked. I added some pickled walnuts to the beef this time, inspired by Clarisa Dickson Wright (one of the Two Fat Ladies) who included them in some meat dish.

by Anonymousreply 12304/03/2021

roasted chicken with mashed potatoes. 15 more minutes and we are done.

by Anonymousreply 12404/03/2021

R123, where did you find pickled walnuts? I don't eat meat but might like to try them in a roasted vegetable dish.

by Anonymousreply 12504/03/2021

Well? What the hell did you guys have for Easter? Even if you don't celebrate Easter, what the hell did you have?

by Anonymousreply 12604/04/2021

Today has been an uneventful food day for me. I'm meeting up with family tomorrow evening for our Easter dinner. My dad is making manicotti and a salad.

Last night I made a sort of Cajun Alfredo with shrimp and vegetables.

You need to start boiling the water for the pasta first, then start the sauce.

Sauce is olive oil, butter, heavy cream, but I use half and half (not because of calories, but because I'm a cheap bitch and tend to have better results anyway).. parmesan cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a white pepper based Cajun seasoning.

Then add sliced zucchini and yellow squash to the sauce a little after you've brought the pasta to a boil. Other vegetables work well. Just do whatever you want to do here.

After the pasta is done, add to sauce. Then add raw shrimp, keep working it in as the vegetables cook. Once you can tell the shrimp is done, you're good. Add some lemon if you want, I prefer it, but not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 12704/04/2021

Ham!! This Fat Whore Jew loves his Easter ham. I was invited to the neighbors and they had the full Easter spread, the centerpiece of which was a delicious slow cured Virginia ham. Eat your hearts out bitches!

by Anonymousreply 12804/04/2021

STEAK.

by Anonymousreply 12904/04/2021

Steak cooked out on the grill; horseradish sauce; Yukon gold potatoes, boiled, roughed-up, and then roasted until they get a crispy edge; asparagus; and a mixed green salad

by Anonymousreply 13004/04/2021

I rarely eat pork, but if someone offered me a plate of top-notch ham and deviled eggs, maybe some sort of stuffed celery, I'd be all over it. Those foods really can be fantastic at times.

by Anonymousreply 13104/04/2021

Jenny Craig spaghetti with meatballs

by Anonymousreply 13204/04/2021

Lollipop lamb chops with mint sauce, rice pilaf, green beans.

Meyer lemon cake with lemon icing.

by Anonymousreply 13304/04/2021

R125, I ordered Opies Pickled Walnuts (imported from England) on Amazon, but it appears they're even available on the Walmart website. The Beef Stroganoff I made with them turned out very rich.

by Anonymousreply 13404/04/2021

Good grief, R134, that's one obscure ingredient. Which company do I hate more: Amazon or Walmart? Walmart's product costs a few dollars more than Amazon's and both are more than I want to spend -- maybe I'll just wait until someone I know is travelling to England and ask him/her to bring me a jar. They do look good, though.

by Anonymousreply 13504/04/2021

Rib lamb chops, baked potato, butter, sour cream, chives, steak sauce.

Breakfast was way better...a mini banana split and pretzels. I really need to stop keeping B&J ice cream. I just can't resist.

by Anonymousreply 13604/04/2021

Lazy day, I seared a pork tenderloin that I seasoned and doused with worcestershire sauce, popped in the oven, microwaved peas and seasoned with salt and butter, on my second glass of Pinot Grigio

by Anonymousreply 13704/04/2021

Roasted chicken with all the fab sides I decide to make. I am not really hungry though.

by Anonymousreply 13804/04/2021

Hopefully, he is sexy. And the show is a good. When does it come out?

by Anonymousreply 13904/04/2021

I overcooked my prime rib on Easter, ruining a $60 piece of meat. I’m getting takeout Mexican tonight. I’m craving tacos.

by Anonymousreply 14004/05/2021

Taco

by Anonymousreply 14104/05/2021

Hot dogs grilled out, homemade potato salad and homemade baked beans - and some cheap red wine to wash it down...

by Anonymousreply 14204/05/2021

I made a turkey and roasted root vegetables pot pie

by Anonymousreply 14304/05/2021

Today is taco Tuesday! tonight is Carne Asada tacos! Also some beans on the side. i’ve made this recipe before and it’s very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144Last Tuesday at 10:03 AM

A bowl of Kashi cereal. And because I'm special, I'll slice a banana for it. Yay, me!

by Anonymousreply 145Last Tuesday at 11:02 AM

R145: that's so healthy it makes me sick!

by Anonymousreply 146Last Tuesday at 5:43 PM

Chicken tenders with peppers and onions in a soy ginger sauce, served over rice.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Tuesday at 6:09 PM

Tuna salad on rye with a bowl of granola on the side as sort of a dessert. It was really a late lunch and late enough that it screwed up my wanting dinner.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Tuesday at 6:19 PM

Stuffed tofu and rice.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Tuesday at 6:23 PM

I'm going to try making a Spaghettio Ring for the first time, with Vienna Sausages (instead of whatever they used).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150Last Tuesday at 7:12 PM

Just some Total cereal with whole milk and sliced fresh strawberries. Still stuffed from Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Tuesday at 7:58 PM

I made Chilean sea bass last night for dinner, and it was absolutely amazing. It tasted just like the sea bass at Mastros steakhouse, which is my favorite dish.

by Anonymousreply 152Last Wednesday at 7:34 AM

R152 how did you prepare the Seabass? I love new fish ideas.

Tonight I am grilling lamb rib chops topped with fresh rosemary and garlic, mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Wednesday at 12:38 PM

Tricolor quinoa (cooled) with chicken breast cooked in white wine sauce, with roasted root vegetables, chick peas and feta cheese. A little bit of basalmic dressing.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Wednesday at 12:41 PM

R153, I used this recipe. It was so simple and came together quickly. I’m going to try it with halibut next (I’m concerned about the mercury levels in sea bass).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155Last Wednesday at 1:02 PM

Chicken and roasted pepper quesadillas and arugula salad.

by Anonymousreply 156Last Wednesday at 4:05 PM

Fishstick sandwich on Wonder bread. a slice of American cheese...tacky, I know.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Wednesday at 5:05 PM

tacky? maybe. Delicious sounding? Bet your ass r157

by Anonymousreply 158Last Wednesday at 5:10 PM

Oh yes, r158...with a mixture of catsup, mayo and relish as a sauce. Gross and delish.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Wednesday at 5:12 PM

mmmmm. needed a side of tater tots. maybe tater tots with a slice of American cheese broiled on top.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Wednesday at 5:14 PM

R157: that meal makes me HARD! Yes - I'm heading toward being a fatty. Since hubby cooks EVERY night, we're having Vietnamese takeout: Singapore noodles with chicken , garlic green beans with chicken and rice. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 161Last Wednesday at 5:48 PM

Ooooh, I love Singapore noodles R161. That and shrimp spring rolls. I never use soy sauce, but the brown sauce they use for dumplings. I have no first-rate Asian restaurants near me, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Wednesday at 5:56 PM

Picadillo with tortillas. I made the Picadillo with lentils rather than ground beef.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Wednesday at 5:56 PM

My husband is making breakfast burritos: flour tortillas toasted directly in the gas stovetop, eggs, bacon, cheese, tater tots for the potatoes, and Sadie's Roasted Green Chile Salsa. Just divine.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Thursday at 1:52 PM

I just ordered some pizza.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Thursday at 1:55 PM

Pancakes Barbara!

by Anonymousreply 166Last Thursday at 1:57 PM

Baked haddock in cheddar cheese sauce, rice pilaf, green beans, roasted carrots.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Thursday at 4:36 PM

Swedish Meatballs on egg noodles, vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and mini pretzels on the side.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 5:06 PM

R167's baked haddock reminds me that I saw frozen cod loins on sale at Grocery Outlet yesterday. How do fish have loins? Even if they were mermaids, which cod are not?

by Anonymousreply 169Last Thursday at 5:41 PM

Tiny beef fillet, roasted carrots, broccoli, asparagus.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Thursday at 6:10 PM

Rare duck breast with a Curaçao, mustard, and caper deglaze; salad; purchased fries and a light red wine

by Anonymousreply 171Last Thursday at 6:59 PM

R169 the loin is the name of the cut, it’s a thick piece that’s been deboned. I made a baked cod loin for Easter and it was delicious.

I had a BLT on sourdough but the tomato was mealy and flavorless.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Friday at 6:21 PM

Italian sweet sausage skewers with cherry tomatoes, onions and red and green peppers over rice. It looks like the flag of Italy on a stick.

Lemon ricotta pound cake with fresh pineapple and strawberries.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Friday at 6:27 PM

R172, good tomatoes are getting hard to find. Supermarket varieties have become quite bland and I don't know why. I have been getting organic ones, preferably beefsteak or heirloom ones. Is it because of the pesticides and such, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 174Last Friday at 7:26 PM

I think it's because they ship them, green/unripe and force them to 'ripe' with... nitrogen? when they get where they need to be

by Anonymousreply 175Last Friday at 7:32 PM

Yeah--the only way to get good tomatoes is to buy them in season from a farmstand or farmers market. Even hothouse tomatoes, which seem to be making an unexpected comeback, grown fresh are usually pretty flavorless, If you live some place where they don't grow, you're out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Saturday at 3:25 AM

All of this tomato talk has me excited for summer. There is nothing better than a perfect heirloom tomato. A ripe juicy peach is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 177Last Saturday at 2:49 PM

Seafood Delight from my local Chinese takeout. Lobster, Scallops, Crab & Shrimp, with various mixed vegetables including snow peas, carrots, cabbage. I only at a scant amount of the rice that was included with it.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Saturday at 3:35 PM

Spaghetti and meatballs. Sauce was Rao's; meatballs were homemade. I generally make my own marinara, but Costco had a great deal on Rao's. It actually lives up the hype.

by Anonymousreply 179Last Saturday at 4:29 PM

up *to* the hype. (Too much vino with dinner.)

by Anonymousreply 180Last Saturday at 4:33 PM

I am so sick of food.

by Anonymousreply 181Last Saturday at 4:41 PM

Chicken parm, candied sweet potatoes, a fistful of cheese puffs and two graham crackers. Is it me or did graham crackers always taste like cardboard?

by Anonymousreply 182Last Saturday at 4:47 PM

Trader Joe's frozen Honey-Walnut Shrimp and rice.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Saturday at 5:08 PM

Thin-cut pork chops with apple sauce, broccoli, macaroni and cheese.

Sliced mango.

by Anonymousreply 184Last Saturday at 6:01 PM

Popcorn, that's it' I'm on a budget.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Saturday at 8:38 PM

Tuna on hearty toasted white bread with bacon and tomatoes. Finally mastered the perfect tuna. Followed a recipe from Pinterest. Drain the tuna almost dry. Nuke the chopped onions in a little olive oil; mix it with chopped eggs, relish, Dijon mustard and a generous amount of mayonnaise. This is the best tuna salad that I’ve ever had that wasn’t from the delicatessen.

by Anonymousreply 186Last Saturday at 8:56 PM

I am between grocery runs so I had a 3 egg omelet with cheddar cheese and toast with butter.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Saturday at 10:37 PM

(166) that is my exact recipe and I have been doing it for years - always use albacore.

by Anonymousreply 188Last Saturday at 10:39 PM

Honestly I'll save this thread anytime I'm hungry just to read the disgusting things posted to turn me off food in here. I think only 10 posters wrote anything worth eating. Props to the grilled chicken Ina on lettuce and the guy who baked a whole fish. The cheese sauce troll needs to die. Seriously cheese sauce on everything. STOP IT.

by Anonymousreply 189Yesterday at 12:34 AM

Pasta e Fagioli---pasta, beans, tomatoes, some herbs, some dried pepper. Easy, spicy, delicious and mostly stuff I already had.

by Anonymousreply 190Yesterday at 3:48 AM

Yogurt, fresh strawberries & grapes, slice of pepper jack cheese and two Ritz crackers covered by chicken salad.

I'm a light eater.

by Anonymousreply 191Yesterday at 4:40 AM

I made orange chicken for dinner last night. Got the recipe from Preppy Kitchen. The result was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 192Yesterday at 4:44 AM

oh, you have to post this [r92]

by Anonymousreply 193Yesterday at 4:47 AM

i wan this orange chicken receipe

by Anonymousreply 194Yesterday at 5:06 AM

Preppy Kitchen Orange Chicken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195a day ago

I stopped by the fish market this morning and picked up some beautiful 2 pound whole sardines. I'm going to debone and fillet them, spread them with my tomato provencal recipe, then roll them up and bake for a perfect lunch.

by Anonymousreply 196a day ago

This orange beef recipe is the best that I’ve ever made. It’s truly restaurant quality. It’s from NYT Cooking, so I’ll have to copy and paste.

INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE: 1 tablespoon neutral oil 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced 2 tablespoons orange zest, plus the juice of one orange 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced ¼ cup light brown sugar ¼ cup rice vinegar (do not use seasoned rice vinegar) ¼ cup soy sauce 1 tablespoon fish sauce FOR THE BEEF: 1 large egg white 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 pinch kosher salt 1 boneless rib-eye steak, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces ¼ cup neutral oil 6 scallions, white and green parts cut into inchlong pieces and separated 2 to 4 dried red chiles, or to taste

PREPARATION Make the sauce: Heat oil in a small sauce pan set over medium-high heat. When it begins to shimmer, add ginger, jalapeño and orange zest and stir to combine. Sauté mixture until ingredients soften, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, then add garlic and continue cooking until it softens, approximately 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add orange juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce to pan and stir to combine. Allow mixture to come to a boil, then lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and reduces by half, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the meat: Combine egg white, cornstarch and salt in a bowl. Add steak, tossing to coat the meat with the batter. In a large skillet or wok set over high heat, heat oil until it shimmers and is about to smoke. Add beef to the pan or wok in a single layer and cook without stirring until the bottoms of the pieces are crisp and golden, approximately 60 to 90 seconds. Add white pieces of scallion and chiles to the pan, then turn the beef pieces over and cook the other sides, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes more for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter. Pour orange sauce into the hot pan or wok, let it boil and stir it as it thickens. Add meat and white scallions and stir to coat with the sauce. Return meat and sauce to the platter and scatter green scallions over the top. Serve with steamed broccoli and white rice.

by Anonymousreply 197a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!