Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obama and Springsteen to launch a podcast on Spotify

[quote] Many of the conversations between Obama and Springsteen are likely to focus on fixing America's cultural and political divides. "How did we get here? How could we find our way back to a more unifying American story?" Obama asks in his intro to the show. "On the surface, Bruce and I don't have a lot in common. But over the years, what we’ve found is that we’ve got a shared sensibility. About work, about family and about America. In our own ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys trying to understand this country that’s given us both so much."

Will you be listening in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2021 1:17 AM

M.F.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2021 4:36 AM

Isn't Bruce in prison now for DUI?

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2021 4:37 AM

yawn. Have there ever been autobiographies more dull than Obama's and especially Bruce's?

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2021 4:42 AM

Sounds dull. No.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2021 4:46 AM

Of course, smart people are boring, but if you prefer bombastic idiots, tune in to the cpac low life crowd.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2021 4:58 AM

R5 And I don't consider Obama or Springsteen to be particularly insightful, interesting or intelligent. I pass.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 5:07 AM

R6, I’m sure you’re no rocket scientist either.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2021 5:08 AM

R7 Such a witty and original reply. I pass.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2021 5:14 AM

I dunno. They're both privileged and out of touch. Though Bruce did work his way up if you count rock and roll work. Not hating on them just being realistic about what they have to bring to the table.

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2021 5:27 AM

The entire broadcast will just be some sort of motivational speech. There is no point to listen to them unless you are a fan of Springsteen or a supporter of Obama (which makes you also a supporter of a warmonger too).

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2021 5:29 AM

Obama is an elitist, and Springsteen? his working class root was like 40 years and 3 wives ago, so he is an elitist too. I don't know how two elitists think they can " fixing America's cultural and political divides", there are no divides b/t these two.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2021 5:37 AM

Is this about his DUI?

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 6:22 AM

R12 Maybe Bruce will talk about the right wing conspiracy behind his DUI

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 4:32 PM

" I don't know how two elitists think they can " fixing America's cultural and political divides", there are no divides b/t these two."

They'll at least try, unlike Trump and the Republicans, whose only use for "the average guy" is for their campaign donations and their votes.

Talk about elitist. Trump wouldn't let 95% of his Deplorables within 1000 feet of Mar-a-Lago without calling the cops. Always remember, Trump was complaining about how dirty his supporters looked as they were doing his dirty work for him on 1/6/21.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 4:39 PM

It only took 14 replies till someone mentioned you know who.

2 wishes for the near future: For the pandemic to be over and to be able to discuss a topic without someone dragging his name into the conversation?

by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2021 1:52 AM

How soon before Hussein gets a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2021 2:26 AM

They’re gonna talk about how much they love America. That’s hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2021 2:32 AM

The title should be “Bruce & Obama: Drinking and Driving, Forgiving and Forgetting.”

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2021 3:07 AM

R14 They can try, but still just two rich and privileged guys preaching here. If they want this podcast to work on fixing the "divides", these two need to hit the road, talk to different people, get their perspective, then have a conversation... otherwise it is just an echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 19February 24, 2021 3:26 AM

Sounds like it'll be some middlebrow opine-tainment aimed at influencing blue collar middle-aged white guys back over to the left. Bruce is supposed to appeal to them I guess (If BRUCE likes Obama he can't be all that bad!).

I wish them luck but don't have much hope they'll get through to that demographic. Most of the listeners will be middle-class, mainstream basic types who already lean left.

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2021 3:36 AM

R15 Thank you! ! Many of us think that the Dems behaviors on this website are obsessive. They still haven't realized that Trump is done and he's gone. Even with Biden now president, they continue their long, endless threads on Trump. Not only are the majority of DLers fed up, but it's starting to sound like a propaganda. They never respected the fact that it was a GAY website and not a political one. DL is not the headquarters of the Dems. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] Obama is an elitist,

In other words he has a college education, is successful and not bigoted. ELITIST!

by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2021 3:43 AM

R21 If you never believed in TDS, reading some of these threads would make a believer out of you. The thread about Levi Johnston is one of the few where I haven't heard Trump mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] Many of us think that the Dems behaviors on this website are obsessive.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2021 5:09 AM

R11 Bruce has been married to wife no. 2 for 3 decades.

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2021 5:18 AM

R25, he's been fucking around on her and she ain't gonna be the last redhead he'll fuck.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2021 5:22 AM

R24 Or realize that he wasn't re elected and move on. The Post Inauguration Edition

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2021 5:23 AM

I've never seen a First Family court the entertainment industry like this.

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote] [R24] Or realize that he wasn't re elected and move on. The Post Inauguration Edition

You realize that’s not even a tiny bit of a response to what I wrote, don’t you, trumpkin?

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2021 5:31 AM

This will resonate with Bruce's fanbase so it will help change minds. More conversations like this will help our country heal

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2021 5:35 AM

Well, the older daughter is into Hollywood, doing who knows what...maybe the younger daughter is into singing? Who knows?

I wouldn't mind it if obama put out a single for charity.

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2021 5:39 AM

R29 No, I don't.

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2021 5:53 AM

Only 32 replies in 10! These 2 are long past their expiration dates.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2021 12:48 AM

Of course Bruce got off for DUI just because he is. Of course Obama is still a war criminal who will never be made to answer for his crimes either.

Both boring and not especially insightful or all that wise. They know little beyond their own experiences, but I guess that goes for most people in general.

A giant MEH. Won't be listening.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2021 1:16 AM

^ *just because of WHO he is

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2021 1:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!