Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dylan Farrow describes disturbing allegedly behavior by Woody Allen in new HBO doc: 'He was always hunting me'

Dylan Farrow appeared Sunday in the first installment of HBO's four-part docuseries Allen v. Farrow, where she spoke of her relationship with Woody Allen, her adoptive father whom Farrow alleges sexually abused her as a child. The charges were first levied against Allen in 1992, but after a custody battle denied Allen visitation rights, Dylan’s mother, actress Mia Farrow, declined to pursue criminal charges. While Allen has repeatedly denied the allegations in the nearly 30 years since they were first made, in Allen v. Farrow, Farrow describes a disturbing relationship with her father.

“I mean, I worshipped him. He was so funny and he made me feel so special. That’s where things get really, really complicated, because threaded throughout all of those good times, there was a lot more going on. Every time he showed up at the apartment, like a magnet, he would just come straight to me. Intense affection all the time,” Farrow said, adding, “I was always in his clutches. He was always hunting me.”

Farrow first opened up publicly about the alleged abuse in a 2014 letter in which she wrote, “I didn’t like when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear.” While the documentary has yet to air Farrow speaking specifically about the sexual abuse she allegedly suffered, in two of the more disturbing moments from the show, Farrow spoke about both of these situations.

“I have memories of getting into bed with him. He was in his underwear, and I'm in my underwear, cuddling,” Farrow said. “I remember his breath on me. He would just wrap his body around me, very intimately.”

And Farrow described Allen doing much more than simply sticking his thumb in her mouth.

“I remember sitting on the steps with him in the country house. There was nobody else around, and he was directing me on how to suck his thumb,” Farrow said, “telling me what to do with my tongue. And I think that lasted a while. It felt like a long time.”

In a statement, Allen and his wife — and Dylan's adoptive sister — Soon-Yi Previn, disputed the allegations made in Allen v. Farrow.

"These documentarians had no interest in the truth. Instead, they spent years surreptitiously collaborating with the Farrows and their enablers to put together a hatchet job riddled with falsehoods. Woody and Soon-Yi were approached less than two months ago and given only a matter of days 'to respond.' Of course, they declined to do so.

"As has been known for decades, these allegations are categorically false. Multiple agencies investigated them at the time and found that, whatever Dylan Farrow may have been led to believe, absolutely no abuse had ever taken place. It is sadly unsurprising that the network to air this is HBO — which has a standing production deal and business relationship with Ronan Farrow. While this shoddy hit piece may gain attention, it does not change the facts."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 1, 2021 2:40 AM

This idiot was 2. What could he possibly remember other than the "memories" Mia implanted in him.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 11:17 PM

I think she was 7.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 11:20 PM

^she/her. I got my pronouns wrong. That's what she gets for having a boy's name.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 11:20 PM

I simply cannot stand this cunt. I loathe her more than I loathe Mia.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 11:21 PM

Same here, R4.

I don't believe her.

She's making this shit up just to take down Woody.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 11:23 PM

That's my bitchy stepdaughter. Mia must be so proud. MIA IS BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 11:35 PM

Never, ever, EVER forget that Mia accused Woody of being gay and used the allegations of abuse as proof. One of the worst homophobic stereotypes of them all if not the worst.

Fuck these racist grifters. Yeah, I called them racist and I will keep calling them racist. This is a witch hunt against a Jewish man and a Korean woman led by wypipo.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 11:38 PM

"I simply cannot stand this cunt. I loathe her more than I loathe Mia.

Shut up, Woody.

"She's making this shit up just to take down Woody."

Shut up again, Woody, you child molesting perv.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 11:40 PM

She remembers.

He molested her.

Woody Allen is just yet another pervy Hollywood scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote]R3 she/her. I got my pronouns wrong. That's what she gets for having a boy's name.

You got her AGE wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote] Never, ever, EVER forget that Mia accused Woody of being gay and used the allegations of abuse as proof. One of the worst homophobic stereotypes of them all if not the worst.

Isn't her son Ronan gay?

If she was so homophobic, he wouldn't be supporting her.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 11:44 PM

What's wrong with a girl having a boy's name?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 11:45 PM

(Almost) nobody cares what really happened at this point. Just choose a side and have at it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote] You got her AGE wrong.

You're right. I made it all up. But when in Rome....

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 1:12 AM

I do not and will not have children but if I did and loved it as much as my pets, my behavior would probably be similar to what she is describing. My cat and dog sleep with me when I am naked. I am constantly cuddling and hugging them and pick the cat up all the time for smoochies.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 1:24 AM

Bullshit.

Mia can rot in hell. With her own incestuous, intrusive and crazed mind.

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 2:11 AM

This unhinged nut doesn't seem to understand her entire life has been ruined by believing her mother's lies. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 2:15 AM

Woody Allen has always been a disturbed perv.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 2:37 AM

I'm watching it right now and Mia comes off far more credibly than I was led to believe by the posters on here.

Dylan I can't really judge except to say that I believe that she believes it.

I love Woody Allen's movies, but sleeping with your teenaged step daughter if extremely fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 2:54 AM

I'm so sick of seeing the scrunched-up, shovel face of this mentally ill dingbat.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 3:00 AM

I hate ALL of them, but I don't believe Woody molested Dylan. They all need to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 3:00 AM

Woody is 85. How much longer does he have? He may as well admit to everything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 3:12 AM

Mia is 76. How much longer does she have? She may as well admit to everything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 3:18 AM

I wouldn't believe a thing out of either Mia or Woody's mouth. He's a creep, she's a creep.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 3:20 AM

I tried to get through "A Rainy Day In New York" but only made it to about 40 min. I didn't care about any of those characters.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2021 3:27 AM

"“As a seven year old, I would say he touched my private parts, which I did say,” Farrow said. “As a 32 year old, he touched my labia and my vulva with his finger.”

That's what she's been screaming about for over 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 3:27 AM

r26 you don't find that disturbing?

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2021 3:29 AM

R26, you don't know shit about child development or the psychology of abuse, but if you cared you could google it and educate yourself. Too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 3:34 AM

Is Ronan a Sinatra? He looks like him.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2021 3:36 AM

People in Hollywood are all famewhore narcissists or they would be in Hollywood. They also starve themselves and take tons of drugs. Their brains don't work properly. And they are entitled cunts with few boundaries. I lean toward believing the accusations of abuse until they are disproven. But none of these people are decent human beings.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 3:50 AM

I made the mistake of commenting on the Variety article about this on Twitter, and now I can't get untagged from the arguing back and forth. I need to mute the whole mess, but part of me is intrigued. To me it is clear that Mia needs attention, and likely money. This Dylan's Truth shit gets trotted out every 4 fucking years. Get it sorted PRIVATELY. Not that there should be anything left to sort. It has been DECADES. Private? Oh no, not In Mia's world. Also, who has 3 kids who died, 2 by suicide--the third one had some fucking issues as well--and who doesn't? Who has a brother who was sentenced to 25 years in prison for pedophilia and who doesn't?

One interesting thing from being constantly up in the mentions is that a remarkable number of child abuse survivors are chiming in to say that there are a disturbing number of red flags re: "Dylan's Truth", that much of it smells of untruth or at the best coaching. Combine that with the questionable attention seeking behavior on Mia's part (Munchhausen's by proxy anyone?) it does a great disservice for want of a better word to those who have truly been through it.

Dylan either has the IQ of a doorknob or is SO brainwashed that she can't possibly think critically enough to consider that she could have been coached by her mother. When she speaks she sounds like a robot without an original thought in her head.

Dory Previn warned Woody about Mia way back when. And that poor bitch fucking knew how Mia ticked. She learned the hard way. This whole thing is fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2021 3:54 AM

This mess is the Brangelina brood in 10 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2021 3:58 AM

Mia's disowning of Soon Yi is troublesome.

She acted like a jilted lover not a mother concerned with her daughter being taken advantage of. She should have put her child's needs first.

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2021 3:58 AM

Dylan, the professional victim.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2021 4:02 AM

Mia was/is a mess but Woody is a pedophile creep. The sexualization of two of her children - both when they were children - is an aberration.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2021 4:06 AM

r31 YES! This really does have Munchhausen by proxy written all over it, and I don't understand why that isn't brought up more. Interesting about the CSA survivors takes.

R33 Agree completely. I don't think she ever had a bond with Soon-Yi (and according to Moses she wasn't the only one). She acted like you say far more like a jilted lover than anything close to a protective "momma bear" (sorry for trotting out a Frauism). Yeah, beating your adopted kid with a phone after finding out that she was possibly beguiled/seduced/whatever by your boyfriend. How protective!

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2021 4:07 AM

Liar

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2021 4:07 AM

How does she describe the rape?

Wasn't it that he pulled her into the attic and quickly did it?

Could a 57 year old man really perform sexually that quickly?

Reminds me of the line from Agnes of God where the elderly priest says he was the only man who Agnes sees and even if he had the inclination she'd have to be a very patient nun.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2021 4:08 AM

It's almost like Mia knew how best to exploit Dylan's problems for her own gain... -- But before the courtroom was closed, Schultz had described a fearful, isolated little girl who sometimes became so uncommunicative that her parents wondered whether she might be schizophrenic. Dylan, who was 5 when she began treatment with Schultz in 1991, needed help with something Schultz called "relatedness." She explained: "At times {Dylan} was difficult to reach. She would disengage. We worked very hard to help her develop a capacity for a consistent sense of connectedness."

The list of treatment goals sounds very long for a 5-year-old. Dylan suffered from separation anxiety and feared losing people she cared about. She needed to build a sense of trust, and found it difficult. Her school was concerned about her extreme shyness. Her thinking was hard to follow and "could become very confused and at times fragmented." Moreover, Schultz testified, Dylan "could very easily withdraw into fantasy" and become "so absorbed in a fantasy that at those times it was hard for her to sort out what was real."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2021 4:09 AM

Out of Mia's 14 children, she seems to have only paid much attention to about four or five of them.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2021 4:09 AM

They're all crazy and insufferable. I can't even imagine the Mia/Woody household before it imploded. The pretentiousness and obnoxiousness must have been toxic.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2021 4:10 AM

I'm just like...what is the goal here?

Allen isn't going to jail.

His best films are behind him.

He'll most likely be dead in 5 years.

What's to be gained from bringing all this up AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2021 4:10 AM

Woody assaulted Dylan to get back at Mia. The whole relationship was to separate himself from Mia. He is sick.

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2021 4:12 AM

Mia's brother is also in prison for child rape remember? So he could have been abused.

Could Mia have been the actual abuse victim and dredged it up when she wanted to take down Woody?

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2021 4:14 AM

Have any of Mia's dead children chimed in yet?

Even a few of her non-white children who managed to live have a few choice comments about Mia's truthfulness, abuse and rage.

by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2021 4:14 AM

Mia's brother. The boys were 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2021 4:17 AM

Mia may just be mad that she never got an Oscar from a Woody film. Women in his film pick them up right and left. I of course decided early on I didn't like him and never worked with him again.

But wasn't my hair fabulous in Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2021 4:18 AM

The point, R42, is that 1/3 to 2/3 (who wants to report and be savaged?) of children have been sexually abused by the age of 18. The point is that silence always helps the tormentor, not the tormented. Until people who abuse children are held responsible no matter when or who, then it is the victims who are wronged, over and over again. It is very hard to accept that many men (usually) will do terrible things if they can get away with it, but until society accepts it, they can't do anything to stop it. Many people will do anything to satisfy their impulses. And abuse runs in families--it's called Repetition Compulsion.

by Anonymousreply 48February 23, 2021 4:18 AM

Can’t say I believe her

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2021 4:20 AM

R42 WINNING AT ALL COSTS. She knows he's going to pop his clogs sooner than later (though longevity runs in his family so who knows, he may outlive her). This bitch wants to win and she doesn't care what gets in her way. Like the truth for example. The real truth, not Dylan/Mia's fucking "truth".

by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2021 4:21 AM

I was impressed that Mia appreciated the aesthetic difference between Playboy and Hustler.

by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2021 4:21 AM

Joan Crawfords children wound up having a better life outcome than many of the Farrow kids. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2021 4:22 AM

Mia seems as unnaturally fixated on Ronan. Sending him to college as a child? He seems messed up too with the hair dying, blue contacts and possible nose job. Woody, not Frank is your father Ronan. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2021 4:24 AM

R53 you forgot the spray tan, but yes. Went overboard with the lips though.

Did Dylan end up being the one to popularize “my truth?” Because if so she should be cancelled for that alone,

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2021 4:28 AM

R45 according to the media and public, those children's accounts are worthless. I've lost count of how many times I've seen comments along the lines of " well they were disabled so of course they had problems" or implying that they were already damaged goods.

Ronan and Dylan on the other hand are the proverbial Golden Children.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2021 4:33 AM

Their relationship was freakishly intimate - I don’t see it as a big leap of him molesting her.

LOL at Ronan going to the plastic surgeon and saying give me the Frank Sinatra.

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2021 4:33 AM

I believe Woody. Read his book. He never had to scream his defense because he wasn’t guilty.

Meanwhile, Mia seems like an insane mother. Her relationship with young Ronan sounds creepier than Woody and Soon Yi’s.

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2021 4:38 AM

R43, put the drink down and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2021 4:41 AM

You believe Woody with all that is factual? The being in the underwear in bed and sexing a teenager daughter. Same as Micheal Jackson. Creep.

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2021 4:42 AM

"You believe Woody with all that is factual? The being in the underwear in bed and sexing a teenager daughter."

R59, you're barely literate.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2021 4:45 AM

And you are clueless. Stop defending old pervert Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2021 4:46 AM

How many of these entitled perv directors have we got in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 62February 23, 2021 4:52 AM

At least I. can read, R61. Btw, you have no proof of anything, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 63February 23, 2021 4:53 AM

So...since these people love doing everything on Twitter, I have an idea.. Ronan can take a DNA test and post it online, proving once and for all that he's 50 percent Sinatra. Because this isn't just coy and manipulative attention getting by Ronan and Mia , right?

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2021 4:53 AM

Ronan has to take a DNA test to satisfy you, R64? LMAOOOOOOO

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2021 4:58 AM

Satchel.

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2021 5:06 AM

It seemed suspiciously contrived when Dylan showed a photo of herself where she had cut Woody out of the photo, and then before our eyes we see that photo morph into the unexpurgated original.

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2021 5:07 AM

"Tina Sinatra recently spoke to Showbiz 411 and said it 'couldn't be" true. Frank had a vasectomy before that."'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 23, 2021 5:12 AM

there is no verifiable proof on this case because no one will give up DNA (looking at you, Ronan...when you look exactly like Frank). I am a person who was molested and i honestly don't believe Dylan's account, it doesn't ring true. i am not a big fan of Woody Allen but there are enough weird things in Mia's story and the fact that she was abusive to her daughter Soon Yi. i am willing to see things differently but the current evidence isn't exculpatory.

by Anonymousreply 69February 23, 2021 5:28 AM

r36 Your post is a perfect example of the many comments I am seeing on Twitter from people who were also molested as I mentioned at r31 where Dylan's story just doesn't ring true for them

by Anonymousreply 70February 23, 2021 5:33 AM

He stalked a teenage schoolgirl long before Mia. He was always a creep. So I believe Dylan. Bet he was mighty inappropriate. It’s her story not a million other molested girls’ story.

by Anonymousreply 71February 23, 2021 5:41 AM

Shit, R69 I meant YOUR post is a perfect example. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 72February 23, 2021 5:53 AM

Oh god, you can't compare the two r71. Creep? Sure, fine. Frankly, almost the entire lot in this story are creepy. But that is a massive, ridiculous leap between having an attraction toward a teenager (which he has freely admitted to on a number of occasions, as well as making a film with that being a large part of the plot of it to boot) and ALLEGEDLY molesting your 7 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 73February 23, 2021 6:04 AM

This will be Brad Pitt in the next 5 years..

by Anonymousreply 74February 23, 2021 6:15 AM

Does anyone here remember when the story first broke all those years ago, that Mia also accused Woody of molesting one of her sons (I can't remember which one)?

I remember watching Woody with cameras in his face when he denied the allegations, and he specifically brought up that Mia accused him of molesting one of the boys as well. Obviously that part of the story went nowhere because it hasn't been mentioned since.

by Anonymousreply 75February 23, 2021 6:16 AM

Does Mia’s pedo brother visit them often? I wonder if it was actually him and not woody and Dylan’s memory is foggy because she was young?

by Anonymousreply 76February 23, 2021 6:20 AM

[quote] People in Hollywood are all famewhore narcissists or they would be in Hollywood.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2021 6:26 AM

So it’s confirmed by Moses that Mia’s pedo brother did visit them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 23, 2021 6:34 AM

Woody finger me good time since 10 year old.

by Anonymousreply 79February 23, 2021 6:37 AM

I thought there was a vetting process for parents prior to adoption? And also, you need a license to drive...think about it...stop this unregulated breeding by fucktatds.

by Anonymousreply 80February 23, 2021 6:39 AM

Yes I can R73

by Anonymousreply 81February 23, 2021 7:20 AM

Team Mia OVERSHARES year after year after year. Sheesh - GO AWAY AND SHUT UP.

by Anonymousreply 82February 23, 2021 7:23 AM

Is Woody's number in Epstein's little black book?

by Anonymousreply 83February 23, 2021 11:29 AM

R83 Sure is.

by Anonymousreply 84February 23, 2021 11:34 AM

R31, Dory Previn can warn all she wants, she was mentally ill. This is not a secret, she was in and out of psychiatric hospital her entire life. Woody is using her Dory Previn, ten years after her death, for his defense? Smells of desperation.

ALL of them need to go away.

by Anonymousreply 85February 23, 2021 12:31 PM

That guy seriously LOOKS like a molester.

by Anonymousreply 86February 23, 2021 1:21 PM

She has BPD face.

by Anonymousreply 87February 23, 2021 1:24 PM

Can you go to court over a finger?

by Anonymousreply 88February 23, 2021 1:28 PM

No. But you can over a thumb.

by Anonymousreply 89February 23, 2021 1:30 PM

Is it just Mia or is Dylan crazy?

by Anonymousreply 90February 23, 2021 1:41 PM

Look it's blindingly obvious he molested her. He married his step daughter and was caught with naked pictures of her. He wrote a movie where he spoke openly of his pedophilia.

All of the people defending him here knew he did all the years they were defending him. They are filth like he is. They should go defend him off of anonymous boards so they can get their due.

by Anonymousreply 91February 23, 2021 1:46 PM

R22 Woody's got Ashkenazi Jewish genes. His father lived to 100, his mother to 95. Unless he gets cancer, he'll be around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 92February 23, 2021 2:06 PM

R64, I seem to recall that, if Ronan took a DNA test that revealed him to be Frank Sinatra's son and he made the results public, there would be a legal case over the support that Woody Allen paid to Mia Farrow. That being said, I'm sure Ronan could help his mother pay Allen back if she's in dire straights. Maybe he's waiting for Allen to die. He definitely enjoys the speculation.

by Anonymousreply 93February 23, 2021 2:17 PM

*straits

by Anonymousreply 94February 23, 2021 2:18 PM

R91 At risk of dipping into choppy waters, paedophilia refers only to an attraction to pre-pubescent children. There's also hebephilia (pubescent) and ephebophilia (post-pubescent, pre-adult). I know that removing the label of paedophilia makes it seem less bad, but the fact is that these are psychologically distinct entities.

by Anonymousreply 95February 23, 2021 2:25 PM

Not his step daughter. He never married Mia. And he never lived with her either. He maintained his own apartment on the East Side during the whole relationship.

by Anonymousreply 96February 23, 2021 2:41 PM

Lol they aren't. Now that pretending Dylan made it up has collapsed, the Woody defenders are hiding behind more absurd excuses. You people just support monstrous acts because you like his movies and lack the basic human empathy to care about anyone who isn't you. You people are broken. And you've caused a lot of pain in the pursuit of stanning a director.

by Anonymousreply 97February 23, 2021 2:47 PM

Anyone who thinks Woody isn't into inappropriate sexual relationships with young women never saw "Manhattan."

by Anonymousreply 98February 23, 2021 2:49 PM

R98 they know he did it. There is not one person on DL who in good faith believed he didn't molest Dylan. They just thinks it's either fine on the merits or think it's less important than him making movies they like. They never believed he was innocent

by Anonymousreply 99February 23, 2021 2:51 PM

Unless mia used some of Frank’s stored away frozen cum, he’s not Ronan’s father. He had a vasectomy long before Ronan was conceived, plus he was over 70 and had a number of health issues.

by Anonymousreply 100February 23, 2021 2:53 PM

I've worked with Woody Allen. I don't believe he was a child molester, but if he was, it would be the most normal thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 101February 23, 2021 3:02 PM

That article by Moses is great. Very well written and seems credible.

by Anonymousreply 102February 23, 2021 3:38 PM

Woody's films suck in his post Mia Soon-Yi phase. Coincidence? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 103February 23, 2021 3:47 PM

People also willfully overlook the fact that Soon-Yi is mentally handicapped after having her head repeatedly slammed in a door as a child by her Vietnamese prostitute mother. Her and Woody's relationship is no love story. And they of course adopted daughters of their own, who knows what their stories are.

by Anonymousreply 104February 23, 2021 8:13 PM

I like his movies. I also think he is a pedo / sexual deviant.

by Anonymousreply 105February 23, 2021 8:31 PM

R104 in that case why didn’t Mia and Andre fight harder to get her away from Woody?

by Anonymousreply 106February 23, 2021 8:48 PM

Mia’s claims about the circumstances of Soon-Yi’s early childhood have been inconsistent and remain uncorroborated. During the trial she and her friends constantly labeled soon-yi as dumb, slow, intellectually challenged—insults that Soon-Yi said she endured from the moment Mia adopted her.

If not for the molestation allegation, woody and soon-yi probably would never have stayed together.

by Anonymousreply 107February 23, 2021 9:57 PM

R107 yeah I have no doubt they stayed together to lend an air of “legitimacy” to the whole thing.

It’s so weird though because she’s about 50 now, older than Mia was when this whole thing happened.

by Anonymousreply 108February 23, 2021 11:31 PM

Yep, she is 50. It's wild.

I remember seeing the two of them on Madison Avenue around the time of the scandal, or shortly after. She was wearing a little mini-sundress, all youth, long hair, bare limbs, total college girl look. He looked like himself. Such an odd couple. They were politely fending off a fan.

by Anonymousreply 109February 24, 2021 1:28 AM

I so pity the adopted kids, they were evid treated like shite.

by Anonymousreply 110February 24, 2021 1:44 AM

Manhattan isn't the only film where WA drops hints about his pedophilia. Check out his films after 1976 and you'll find increasingly frequent and more blatant veiled references. This is typical of sociopaths who regard themselves as entitled to fulfill their desires and as much, much smarter than everyone else. They want to reveal themselves if they can play it off as jokes or art. They will avoid punishment at all costs, though.

by Anonymousreply 111February 24, 2021 3:03 AM

This bitch needs to get off my ho stroll! Mama needs to pay her mortgage!

by Anonymousreply 112February 24, 2021 3:06 AM

R104 Soon-Yi is not in the slightest mentally handicapped. That's simply false and insulting. She's a college graduate. The rest is all your mean-spirited supposition. You don't know anything about their marriage, their feelings, or their children any more than they know about yours.

by Anonymousreply 113February 24, 2021 3:17 AM

Mia took child support for Ronan his entire childhood. If he's Frank's kid she should have had him pay not Woody.

by Anonymousreply 114February 24, 2021 3:28 AM

They really were r110 If we could all pretend the bio kids/white kids were never born for just a moment, it sounds like it was going to be a tragic mess one way or another. Child hoarding is a mental disorder just as any sort of hoarding is. While some families do it out of true kindness, so many are into it for the attention, and the adulation, especially when they are special needs. Mia falls into this latter category. It really does stink of Munchhausen, and who knows what other mental disorder.

Mia, before Woody, had a reputation for being a flighty mess. He had a reputation for being a creep. Whatever. Both can remain true, but again, who has the passel of fucked up kids, and who doesn't? Who has the pedo brother still cooling his heels in prison? Who hasn't had a steady relationship (aside that with her own son, and why doesn't THAT get more attention)? She has never moved on, and I doubt she has plans to until one of them drops dead, or until she wins.

As another poster put it. What is her end game? Why every few years does this come up? Now a fucking one sided documentary? Money, honey? Putting your family in the spotlight they never asked for (except for the golden son and the political football girl) just to try and accomplish what? I so think it is only about winning, and nothing more. She wants to "win this one". But not for her kid, or her family, she wants to win this for herself.

by Anonymousreply 115February 24, 2021 3:28 AM

R111 yeah I don’t know about that necessarily - we can’t keep putting our “me too” lens (or really, the past 20 or so years) on jokes from back in the day. In the 70s especially there weren’t topics “off limits” to joke about. (And a lot of those jokes were funny, btw)

That 1976 interview with People magazine is always pointed out as some “smoking gun,” but really it’s just the Woody trademark self deprecation (coupled with the freedom celebrities felt to bring up off color subjects in interviews - just read any interview from back then, they were far less censored even in People.)

by Anonymousreply 116February 24, 2021 3:28 AM

R104 Soon Yi is Korean. She was found abandoned in Seoul. You probably got the prostitue story from this Vulture article. Interesting how Mia's manipulations become "truth" in this game of Chinese whispers (just to complete the "oriental" theme of this whole rumor).

[quote]When Soon-Yi was a girl, she says, Farrow asked her to make a tape about her origins, detailing how she’d been the daughter of a prostitute who beat her. The request puzzled her, Soon-Yi says, since she had no memory of anything like that, so she refused. (Soon-Yi says she’d love to find her biological mother, but she assumes she’s dead; a 23andMe kit she tried didn’t turn up any promising matches.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 24, 2021 3:44 AM

Odd that Dylan wears her hair red (obviously dyed) considering she doesn't want to be Woody's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 118February 24, 2021 3:47 AM

This bitch. Perpetual victim. What a wasted life.

by Anonymousreply 119February 24, 2021 3:56 AM

[quite] Mia, before Woody, had a reputation for being a flighty mess.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I'll say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 24, 2021 4:10 AM

What an ugly child nobody would molest her!

by Anonymousreply 121February 24, 2021 4:12 AM

r120 - i have to admit, i had NO idea Dory Previn was female. and that song! Mia seems all kinds of psycho now given her claims, Dory's music/influence and her adopted son Moses' article, plus Soon Yi's accusations that she was abusive to the adopted kids, including her. Definitely not a WA apologist, just that there is enough evidence here to show Mia's a bit of a wackadoodle. And WA and SY are still together after all these years. Yes it was an inappropriate age difference but they never actually shared a domicile and there are some outlying questions about what actually happened since we have some differing accounts from the kids in that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 122February 24, 2021 4:27 AM

Mia mia, why you putting your precious dylan thru this... follow the $$$

by Anonymousreply 123February 24, 2021 5:09 AM

R116, I see your point. Though I don't remember my contemporaries finding the remarks/jokes particularly funny then--it was more like, "huh?" But, yes, I did ASSUME they were jokes until the accusations--so much has come out from people claiming he hung out outside high schools, the three underage (under 18) girlfriends. I think he's just too well-known and bankable to get kicked to the curb, where he deserves to be. If Epstein hadn't died, he'd have his supporters/defenders, too, believe it.

by Anonymousreply 124February 24, 2021 5:48 AM

Woody Allen describes their relationship:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 24, 2021 6:08 AM

Rare footage of Soon-Yi speaking on camera... Yeah, she sounds like a real intellectual powerhouse:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 24, 2021 6:11 AM

[quote]Soon-Yi is not in the slightest mentally handicapped.

Then how do explain her marrying Woody?

by Anonymousreply 127February 24, 2021 6:22 AM

R126 She sounds like a perfectly normal person trying to make the best of an awkward gondola ride with her wise-cracking husband a bunch of cameras pointed at her face. Not everyone has a quip for every occasion.

by Anonymousreply 128February 24, 2021 6:25 AM

R122 I love Dory and have a number of her records.

And yes, that song! Dory cuts her to shreds and then sets the shreds on fire. It's a reminder of how manipulative Mia can be.

by Anonymousreply 129February 24, 2021 1:31 PM

I haven't sat through a single one of his movies in about 20 years and I think the charges against him are crap. If you can convict Woody Allen based on fictional characters in a fictional movie, then what does that make Walt Disney:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 24, 2021 1:35 PM

I don’t believe Dylan at all. Mia is a crazy cunt. Ronan looks embalmed.

by Anonymousreply 131February 24, 2021 1:48 PM

I find everyone's demeanor while recounting their experiences weird. They all seem so smug, as opposed to afflicted (especially Ronan).

by Anonymousreply 132February 24, 2021 2:42 PM

It wasn't that celebrities were "less censored" when interviewed in the 1970s, it's that there was a whole culture around sexualizing little kids, starting in the 1960s and going until basically the Satanic Panic, that's what the Satanic Panic was a backlash against.

There's an interview in a mag with Severn Darden and Joanna Petit where they've been photographed surrounded by naked little kids about age 5, it was supposed to be cute and saucy at the same time. Alice Cooper said in an interview that his sex fantasy was to find an underaged girl by the side of the road and rape her. Rock mags were talking about young groupies as though they were the normal rewards of the profession. Steven Tyler and Ted Nugent had guardianship of underage girls so they could fuck them.

It's possible Woody Allen was just saying those things about underage girls to sound hip or to reference his own work, which was influenced by all the sexy underage girls in European films at the time, but honestly I don't feel sorry for him for having it dredged up constantly. I'd rather see ALL of the skeevy stuff celebrities said and did in the 60s and 70s brought up all the time, not just Woody's stupid fetishes.

by Anonymousreply 133February 24, 2021 2:58 PM

From Vanity Fair (1992):

[quote] Naughty Mama was reportedly a prostitute; for punishment, she would force Soon-Yi to kneel in a doorway, and she would slam the door against the little girl’s head. One day she left the child on a street in Seoul and said she would be back in five minutes. Then she disappeared forever. When the orphanage found Soon-Yi, she spoke no known language, just gibberish.

[quote] Prior to Tam, she was the oldest child Mia had adopted; she was also the most learning-deprived, the quietest and least socialized of all the children. She has always worked extraordinarily hard, spending hours on homework it took others a half-hour to complete. Because of her learning disabilities, she took the S.A.T.’s untimed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 24, 2021 8:50 PM

R127

Was she going to do better? She surely could have found a man more age appropriate, but not much better looking and definitely not as rich. I think Soon-Yi knew exactly what she was doing, and that the relationship was her way of escaping Mia and enjoying a comfortable life. Allen is so old at this point, she probably rarely has to put out for him.

by Anonymousreply 135February 24, 2021 10:10 PM

Hey Suess- this is exhausting. I'm sorry for their contagious craziness. But, I am so glad I can change to another channel. BYE

by Anonymousreply 136February 24, 2021 10:15 PM

Mia = Borderline, Woody = narcissist. So, they deserved each other, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 137February 25, 2021 2:47 AM

How would Mia or anyone else know about Soon-Yi's childhood abuse if she was nonverbal when somebody from the orphanage found her? Soon-Yi didn't relate these incidents to Mia later on since Mia claimed to know everything at the time of the adoption. So who's her source? Soon-Yi's biological mother had "disappeared forever," so she didn't come back and narrate the abuses out of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 138February 25, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote]People also willfully overlook the fact that Soon-Yi is mentally handicapped after having her head repeatedly slammed in a door as a child by her Vietnamese prostitute mother.

Soon-Yi went to Columbia. I've met and been around her a number of times. She isn't the slightest bit "handicapped", but I guess your creative writing and mindreading is more important than the truth.

Child psychiatrists who work with abused children determined Dylan was merely repeating what Mia had coached her to say. Disobeying Mia will get you beaten physically with a hairbrush and verbally abused. Fact. These allegations are now nearly thirty years old. Mia is bonkers and a severely damaged child hoarder. Also a fact.

I wish all the ridiculous axe-grinders would quit calling Woody a "Hollywood" anything. He never goes there and does not live nor work there, he lives in New York.

by Anonymousreply 139February 25, 2021 3:09 AM

R104, R126 and R134 are all the same person, probably Mia , still trying her very best to spread the "Soon-Yi is a retard" story.

by Anonymousreply 140February 25, 2021 4:23 AM

I directly quoted from a linked article from Vanity Fair, but clearly in your mind that's my creative writing.

These Woody defenders keep pleading 'how can we know' as a defense when they can't possibly know any better themselves. And just because Mia is batshit that doesn't make any and all infractions against her false.

by Anonymousreply 141February 25, 2021 4:26 AM

You're not thinking as creatively as Mia, R137. Orphanages in South Korea have a team of detectives in their employ to track down every detail about the domestic life and parentage of their nonverbal, abandoned charges. It's like Sherlock Holmes, but for people no one cares about.

by Anonymousreply 142February 25, 2021 4:37 AM

R138 LOL. Mia might not have thought that one through...

by Anonymousreply 143February 25, 2021 4:40 AM

I’ve seen woody and soon yi out in my neighborhood over the years. She doesn’t seem mentally delayed in the slightest and their two daughters seem very sweet. Would not surprise me if she’s a good mother.

by Anonymousreply 144February 25, 2021 9:17 AM

Well... Soon-Yi outsmarted Mia, anyway

by Anonymousreply 145February 25, 2021 10:40 AM

Soon-Yi wasn't completely non-verbal when Mia adopted her R138 and R143, it sounds like she learned language in the year she spent in the orphanage. Both the VF article (in the parts you removed from the quote, R138) and the Marion Marsh book are pretty clear that Soon-Yi was already communicating with Mia when Mia stayed in the orphanage for several days, waiting for the adoption to go through.

by Anonymousreply 146February 25, 2021 10:56 AM

[quote] I directly quoted from a linked article from Vanity Fair,

Ah yes, because it was printed in a magazine as part of an article titled “Mia’s Story” it must be true!

by Anonymousreply 147February 25, 2021 11:04 AM

[quote]Soon-Yi went to Columbia. I've met and been around her a number of times. She isn't the slightest bit "handicapped", but I guess your creative writing and mindreading is more important than the truth.

I worked with junior high kids who had learning disabilities, which is what Soon-Yi's situation was described as, and they don't "seem handicapped" either. A lot of people here are confusing special needs with learning disabilities, describing them as whatever you WANT them to be, based on your own personal agenda.

Soon-Yi having emotional issues due to traumatic upbringing, and needing special schools and an untimed SAT, doesn't mean she's going to appear to people as "handicapped" when in a social or work setting decades after she's left school. For example, the problems she had with nuance and literalism described in the 2004 article is something that could have improved as she aged, matured, got better at the English language, or maybe she even had some professional help, a lot of adults do.

There's no reason to think all those people in those articles were lying about Soon-Yi's abilities when she was young, just because she's doing so well now. There is no inconsistency here, because her disabilities when she was a kid had NOTHING to do with her inherent intelligence, but rather with some external factors that she seems to have managed really well.

by Anonymousreply 148February 25, 2021 11:04 AM

I think that Mia Farrow is nuts and Woody Allen is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 149February 25, 2021 11:19 AM

The soon yi/woody Allen daughters are both on Instagram and seem close with their parents, close with each other and like normal NYC rich kids. Very different from the Mia farrow brood in that dark hoarder house in Connecticut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 25, 2021 12:11 PM

Woody is very touchy feely with his new daughters just like he was with Dylan. Though it doesn't mean it went any further than outward affection.

I'm very sorry for the Farrows. Woody fucked them over big time and was old enough to know better but whilst I do have a very small degree of doubt I don't think he molested Dylan. She truely believes he did but that is the 'truth' she believes.

Must say though Woody hasn't bagged Dylan or Ronan. He has laid the blame on Mia but both guilty in different ways for the damage done to the Farrow clan.

by Anonymousreply 151February 25, 2021 12:29 PM

Woody "doesn't seem like a molester". "I don't think he molested..."

um. Ok.

Yet, he married a person that was a mere child when he met her and of course, the others are lying about being molested.

This is exactly the problem with idiots that expect molesters to "look" and "act" like molesters in front of them.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 152February 25, 2021 12:33 PM

The show is such a hatchet job on Mia. None of her unusual actions or odd inactions is ever questioned. While Woody does seem emotionally unbalanced, Mia comes across as downright creepy.

If Woody did it, Mia made sure that he can never be called to account.

If Woody did not do it, Mia is a sociopath.

Either way should should never have been let anywhere near children.

by Anonymousreply 153February 25, 2021 12:56 PM

"Yet, he married a person that was a mere child when he met her"

Um...except for the fact that she was not a mere child but an adult woman when he took up with her and later married her, R152. So that certainly doesn't make him a pedophile. He didn't have anything to do with his future wife when she was a child.

by Anonymousreply 154February 25, 2021 12:58 PM

So over the hand wringing frau hysteria judgment about woody and soon yi. Tell that to any man who marries a much younger woman. Has been happening for all of time. Yeah it’s gross she was the adopted daughter of his partner but enough already. Men are nasty. And she’s no fool. Both seem like they got what they wanted out of it and they remain together decades later. Big fucking deal.

Meanwhile Mia Dylan and Ronan are still consumed by shit that happened in the early 90s. Ronan probably to the detriment of his own career. He’s beaten this to death. No one gives a fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 155February 25, 2021 1:04 PM

R152 by that definition Celine Dion and Emmanuel Macron are also victims of pedophilia

by Anonymousreply 156February 25, 2021 1:05 PM

Um, R154 I said when he MET her. She was a child.

by Anonymousreply 157February 25, 2021 1:12 PM

R154, how TF do you know what he had to do w her when she was a child? She was a child. He met her as his gf CHILD. If that is normal to you, get therapy.

by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2021 1:13 PM

R152 They are, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 159February 25, 2021 1:13 PM

Most men who marry younger women do not meet them before they reach puberty.

And they are not parents of the younger woman's siblings.

In fact, most men do not get sexually involved with their lover's children at all.

It may not be criminal....but it is weird and demonstrates emotional dysfunction. Allen and Previn crossed one of the most common boundaries family in relationships, which shows that their concepts of family, parenthood, spousal relationships, etc. are not those shared by most others.

by Anonymousreply 160February 25, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote] It may not be criminal....but it is weird and demonstrates emotional dysfunction.

Has anyone argued that Allen isn’t emotionally dysfunctional?

We can acknowledge Allen is an inappropriate creep while also recognizing that Mia herself is a dysfunctional person who has dragged her child into this seemingly never-ending cycle of rehashing her supposed molestation.

Woody being a dick and Mia being nuts are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 161February 25, 2021 1:33 PM

I think Mia getting knocked up by her best friend's husband and then cheating on him with Sven Nykvist, after cheating on Frank Sinatra with John Phillips, displays similar contempt for "common boundaries" and "concepts of family, parenthood, spousal relationships etc."

by Anonymousreply 162February 25, 2021 1:34 PM

Mia said she intended to breastfeed Ronan until he was eight years-old, but Woody is the clingy inappropriate one. Ok.

I wonder when she actually stopped. Someone should ask Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 163February 25, 2021 1:49 PM

R163, that is a false equivalence.

Woody Allen has been accused BY THE VICTIM of sexual abuse. Family friends, family noticed how creepy Woody was toward her.

Not a leap to conclude he is a pedo.

Oh yeah. He married a woman who was his girlfriends child. He met her WHEN she was a child.

Nothing to see here. Oh wait.....Mia wanted to breastfeed her kid longer than what is considered normal, so Woody must be innocent.

by Anonymousreply 164February 25, 2021 1:53 PM

I assume they're rehashing this because it's newly "relevant" in light of #metoo. It's no doubt aimed at a younger generation (especially of women) who weren't around when it all hit the fan.

by Anonymousreply 165February 25, 2021 2:04 PM

R164 totally clueless about what anything it said means. I guess twisting facts and reality helps hide the clues.

by Anonymousreply 166February 25, 2021 2:09 PM

I'm not making a false equivalence, I' pointing out that accusers are frequently projecting their own issues, of which Mia, Queen of the thirty-year grudge, seems to have in spades, that's all.

The authorities in two states said the "victim" was not credible and was clearly "coached". Who would do that to a child? Does Woody have any dead children? He'll need four of them to beat Mia!

by Anonymousreply 167February 25, 2021 2:19 PM

There’s just too much..too much wrong with Mia and that Dylan comes off really abnormal. I don’t run to believe them, or that story at ALL.

by Anonymousreply 168February 25, 2021 2:23 PM

Dylan is far too old to be just repeating what Mia told her to when she was 7 years old. Manipulation doesn't work like that. And only one set of experts said she was potentially coached, and that was the Yale-New Haven team, whose report really did sound like it could go either way. The court said their claim that Dylan was coached wasn't compelling.

Even if she was, you can't explain why she's still telling the same story 30 years later. She hasn't cashed in on it.

by Anonymousreply 169February 25, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]Mia said she intended to breastfeed Ronan until he was eight years-old, but Woody is the clingy inappropriate one. Ok.

Mia being inappropriate doesn't mean Woody WASN'T. That really isn't how this works!

by Anonymousreply 170February 25, 2021 2:24 PM

All of those people who found Allen's behavior toward Dylan "creepy" seem to have changed their judgement in retrospect. At the time they say they witnessed the behavior, they took no action.

So it clearly did not appear that creepy at the time.

by Anonymousreply 171February 25, 2021 2:27 PM

I wouldn't put it past Woody Allen to simply not realize what he was doing was inappropriate, because he kept doing things in front of other people. The tanning lotion incident was right out in the open, so was apparently an incident where he held Soon-Yi's hand, and he wasn't hiding when he put his face in Dylan's lap.

We do know he was told that holding hands with Soon-Yi looked bad, and rubbing lotion on a naked Dylan was inappropriate, r171, so it's not like people didn't say something to him. We also know that both times he basically said "no, it's not," and he wasn't hiding any of it, so I'd say he didn't think he was doing anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 172February 25, 2021 2:30 PM

R167, you basically compared Mia's desire to breast feed her child for longer than what is considered normal to Woody Allen's "clingy" behaviors. So, ya. You did.

What is w all of the freaks here who excuse his creepy predatory pedo perversions?

Holy crap.

by Anonymousreply 173February 25, 2021 2:32 PM

I work with children on sexual assault cases. I do believe Dylan believes something happened to her, but I find Mia's behavior in both dealing with the alleged abuse and in the years after extremely unhealthy. Most parents who want to help their children move forward put them into intense therapy and then try their best to move forward. Like everyone has been saying - to dwell on this for years and years - it's says more about the parent than the child.

I am very interested to see the video on next week's episode where Dylan describes the abuse as a 7 year old. Should be telling.

by Anonymousreply 174February 25, 2021 2:34 PM

. Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees. Judge Elliott Wilk, the presiding judge in Allen’s custody suit against Farrow, concluded that there is “no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi.”

5. In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”

6. Dylan’s claim of abuse was consistent with the testimony of three adults who were present that day. On the day of the alleged assault, a babysitter of a friend told police and gave sworn testimony that Allen and Dylan went missing for 15 or 20 minutes, while she was at the house. Another babysitter told police and also swore in court that on that same day, she saw Allen with his head on Dylan’s lap facing her body, while Dylan sat on a couch “staring vacantly in the direction of a television set.” A French tutor for the family told police and testified that that day she found Dylan was not wearing underpants under her sundress. The first babysitter also testified she did not tell Farrow that Allen and Dylan had gone missing until after Dylan made her statements. These sworn accounts contradict Moses Farrow’s recollection of that day in People magazine.

7. The Yale-New Haven Hospital Child Sex Abuse Clinic’s finding that Dylan had not been sexually molested, cited repeatedly by Allen’s attorneys, was not accepted as reliable by Judge Wilk, or by the Connecticut state prosecutor who originally commissioned them. The state prosecutor, Frank Maco, engaged the Yale-New Haven team to determine whether Dylan would be able to perceive facts correctly and be able to repeat her story on the witness stand. The panel consisted of two social workers and a pediatrician, Dr. John Leventhal, who signed off on the report but who never saw Dylan or Mia Farrow. No psychologists or psychiatrists were on the panel. The social workers never testified; the hospital team only presented a sworn deposition by Dr. Leventhal, who did not examine Dylan.

All the notes from the report were destroyed. Her confidentiality was then violated, and Allen held a news conference on the steps of Yale University to announce the results of the case. The report concluded Dylan had trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality. (For example, she had told them there were “dead heads” in the attic and called sunset “the magic hour.” In fact, Mia kept wigs from her movies on styrofoam blocks in a trunk in the attic.) The doctor subsequently backed down from his contention.

The Connecticut state police, the state attorney, and Judge Wilk all had serious reservations about the report’s reliability.

Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.

“I believe my sister. This was always true as a brother who trusted her, and, even at 5 years old, was troubled by our father’s strange behaviour around her: climbing into her bed in the middle of the night, forcing her to suck his thumb — behaviour that had prompted him to enter into therapy focused on his inappropriate conduct with children prior to the allegations.”

Soon Yi was 8 years old when Woody met her.

by Anonymousreply 175February 25, 2021 2:39 PM

The problem R173 is that at this point only two people really know what happened. Mia and Woody. Was Dylan coached or not? Dylan would not know. Only Mia and Woody.

If Woody was sexual with Dylan, Mia was complicit. She states in the documentary that she witnessed various disturbing behaviors. But she also indicates that she waited years before taking action.

If Woody did it he bears guilt. If he did not, then he does not.

But if he did it or if he did not, either way Mia bears guilt. She either started a lie or was complicit with a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 176February 25, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote]I wouldn't put it past Woody Allen to simply not realize what he was doing was inappropriate, because he kept doing things in front of other people.

He must be on the spectrum, because he has no sense of how his actions might be extremely disturbing to others.

Even after the Soon-Yi scandal broke, Allen told the casting director for Mighty Aphrodite that he wanted Mia for one of the parts, because he thought she was appropriate for the role. The casting director said to him, "What, are you nuts?"

He also didn't understand why suing his producers Jacque Safra and Jean Doumanian would affect their friendship with him -- I remember reading that he expected them to chalk it up to business and that they would just all go out to dinner afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 177February 25, 2021 2:43 PM

R176, if everybody accused victims of "being coached" there would be no pedos in prison. Allen has a LOT of money Here are facts:

He has been accused of sexual abuse. Friends of the family saw his odd behaviors and were suspicious. Family members too. It was established in court that his behavior was "grossly inappropriate". If he were poor, he would be doing time right now.

He met soon yi when she was 8.

He is a pedo. But he is rich and powerful and he has ppl excusing his behavior and victim blaming and calling Mia nuts.

Sound like a bunch of trumpers the way they deny who he is.

by Anonymousreply 178February 25, 2021 2:44 PM

Actually, R177 that is how a narcissist behaves.

by Anonymousreply 179February 25, 2021 2:45 PM

R178, but children are coached. Many actual victims are coached. But even their testimony becomes unreliable.

It is possible that Woody did it and Mia coached Dylan. And it is possible that Woody did not do it and Mia coached Dylan. The two situations would be indistinguishable at this point.

That is what is so insidious.

by Anonymousreply 180February 25, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]The problem is that at this point only two people really know what happened. Mia and Woody. Was Dylan coached or not? Dylan would not know.

Complete “brainwashing” to the point of amnesia is actually very rare, if possible at all.

by Anonymousreply 181February 25, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote] Dylan is far too old to be just repeating what Mia told her to when she was 7 years old. Manipulation doesn't work like that. And only one set of experts said she was potentially coached, and that was the Yale-New Haven team, whose report really did sound like it could go either way. The court said their claim that Dylan was coached wasn't compelling. Even if she was, you can't explain why she's still telling the same story 30 years later. She hasn't cashed in on it.

It’s clear you have no idea how memory works or how people can be conditioned to believe in events that never happened, in memories that never occurred.

I have a female friend who believes she was molested as part of a satanic cult in our small hometown. She claims she has vivid memories of the abuse and was forced to eat baby mice and feces. She’s insisted that this delusion did happen for more than four decades. She really believes it. Are we suppose to accept her story because it hasn’t “changed” in nearly forty years?

Read up on recovered memories or the work for Robert Jay Lifton. Our brains are incredibly plastic and susceptible to all kinds of conditioning or manipulation.

As for her not cashing in on it, do you think she’s doing this doc for free?!

by Anonymousreply 182February 25, 2021 2:56 PM

God, R182. Stop looking so deeply into it and apologizing for him.

He is a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 183February 25, 2021 3:00 PM

This is less credible than anything Q ever pulled out of its ass.

Lying white bitches are lying.

by Anonymousreply 184February 25, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]I have a female friend who believes

Don't care, doesn't matter.

The kind of brainwashing you're describing is rare to the point of nonexistent, and Robert Jay Lifton himself showed that POWs who were "brainwashed" had their thoughts return to normal after they returned home, and there was no permanence to said "brainwashing." Other studies about POWs showed "brainwashing" didn't even exist. It's all theory.

You can do the "educate yourself" shtick all you want, you're the one who is being irrational here, claiming your single anecdote and your misunderstanding of Robert Jay Lifton's studies proves Dylan was brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 185February 25, 2021 3:02 PM

R185, YES.

by Anonymousreply 186February 25, 2021 3:03 PM

R184, I had no idea convicts were allowed to post on DL!!!

by Anonymousreply 187February 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Here, maybe this will help the deniers:

Today, a 45 year old unemployed black man was arrested for sexual abuse of a child. Seven year old girl tells her mother that boyfriend would molest her in the attic. He would also "teach her how to suck his thumb". Sibling has confirmed this. Family members and friends corroborate that accused has acted grossly inappropriate toward the 7 year old IN THEIR presence. Currently, the unemployed black man is dating the girlfriends daughter, who he met when she was 8 years old.

by Anonymousreply 188February 25, 2021 3:10 PM

Ronan Farrow will end up losing his reputation as a serious journalist over this.

by Anonymousreply 189February 25, 2021 3:11 PM

Mmmm, he doesn’t need your vague worries about him.

He knows his sister, and he knows what he saw.

by Anonymousreply 190February 25, 2021 3:48 PM

Apparently Mia also made it look like she was having an affair with Frank Sinatra's valet just to make him jealous. Since the valet was black and this was the 1960s, he lost his job. See chapter 1 in the google books preview. Apparently Ava Gardner referred to Mia as a "fag with a pussy," whatever that means exactly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 25, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]Apparently Ava Gardner referred to Mia as a "fag with a pussy," whatever that means exactly.

It means exactly what she said it means: Mia is a "gay" "man" trapped in a woman's body, the inverse of all "gay" "men," who are actually heterosexual women trapped in male bodies.

by Anonymousreply 192February 25, 2021 7:47 PM

By the Way, Woody Allen is Innocent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 25, 2021 7:48 PM

R181, that is with adults.

Children's memories are much more malleable. That is why crimes against children are so hard to prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 194February 25, 2021 8:03 PM

R190 Ronan knows what he saw? When he was 4? How much do you remember clearly from age 4? Or does he just remember what he was told repeatedly by his mother? He is the least credible witness of all.

Moses, on the other hand, was 12 at the time so his memory is more reliable, and he disputes the allegations.

by Anonymousreply 195February 25, 2021 8:10 PM

Mia's brother actually was convicted of kiddie fiddling and she trusted the kids with him. This woman is sick.

by Anonymousreply 196February 25, 2021 8:12 PM

Dylan didn't have to be 'brainwashed'. Confabulation is a normal artefact of memory. It is not a conscious process like lying. We experience confabulated memories as true. Children are naturally suggestible and even more prone to confabulation than adults, which is why great care must be taken when interviewing them in a forensic context. Apparently Dylan was interviewed by one clinician about the alleged abuse nine times. Subjecting young children to repeated questioning like this has been shown to increase the number of false allegations. Child witnesses are now interviewed by trained specialists who are aware of the pitfalls of the investigative process which can lead children to confabulate or otherwise provide inaccurate testimony (for example, children may provide false information in an attempt to please the person interviewing them).

by Anonymousreply 197February 26, 2021 9:48 AM

Interesting to note that by marrying Soon-Yi, Allen effectively put an end to all the speculation and possible lawsuits from his actions with her. And, starting at that time, his sister is credited as a "producer" on all his subsequent films. She's not a producer. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 198February 26, 2021 10:04 AM

R191, the book says Barbara Marx is the one who got the valet fired.

Ava also denied ever saying anything about Mia being a boy. The source seems to be Michael Thornton who was supposed to have done an interview with Ava for Kitty Kelley's book on Frank Sinatra, because he'd interviewed Ava once before for a newspaper, but it turned out he never really interviewed her for the book. There was a whole scandal over the book reporting that Ava had said she hated Frank so much she wanted to abort his baby, but it turned out that came from third-hand sources that Kelley never verified, and when the WaPo looked into it, it turned out NONE of the Ava quotes in Kelley's book could be verified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 26, 2021 11:26 AM

Moses was charged with looking after Dylan at the party, so that complicates things in regards to what he says happened. I don't think it was appropriate for a 12yo boy to be in charge of looking after Dylan when Woody was already in therapy because of his "intense" attention toward her, but the fact is that Moses was told to watch after her, which puts him in the unfortunate position of feeling responsible if anything happened to her on his watch.

In the 2004 Vanity Fair article posted earlier Moses says he saw Woody also grab Daisy's thigh, and it's weird that no one talks about that with the same "Well, Moses witnessed it, so it must be true" kind of reverence.

by Anonymousreply 200February 26, 2021 11:31 AM

Mia got pregnant with Frank Sinatra's baby while she was in a relationship and had adopted children with Woody. She was the first sleeze to cast a bag, if I may coin a phrase.

by Anonymousreply 201February 26, 2021 11:35 AM

Yes, I'm sure Frank Sinatra was always a gentleman who never strayed from his wives.

by Anonymousreply 202February 26, 2021 11:38 AM

R199 how could Barbara Marx have gotten him fired? She didn’t marry Frank until 1976. Jacobs states quite clearly that the fall out from gossip columns reporting on his dance with Mia led to Frank terminating him. And his quotation from Ava Gardner came straight from the horse’s mouth.

by Anonymousreply 203February 26, 2021 11:40 AM

Look, if Sinatra fired his valet because he danced with Mia Farrow, that's not really relevant and it's not Mia's fault. Most of the pages of that book are missing (and you only linked to the front cover) but the part I read about Jacobs dancing with Mia is because John Phillips had disappeared into the men's room and she was bored, there was nothing about Mia doing it to get a black man in trouble.

The "fag with a pussy" quote is something this guy claims Ava Gardner said. It's irrelevant to the topic.

by Anonymousreply 204February 26, 2021 11:56 AM

Here, maybe this will help the deniers:

Today, a 45 year old unemployed black man was arrested for sexual abuse of a child. Seven year old girl tells her mother that boyfriend would molest her in the attic. He would also "teach her how to suck his thumb". Sibling has confirmed this. Family members and friends corroborate that accused has acted grossly inappropriate toward the 7 year old IN THEIR presence. Currently, the unemployed black man is dating the girlfriends daughter, who he met when she was 8 years old.

by Anonymousreply 205February 26, 2021 7:34 PM

You’ve posted that in the other thread r205 and it didn’t get any traction there either.

Some men molest kids. No one is denying that. The part about family members being aware and still allowing him access is far more damning of Mia and her actions.

by Anonymousreply 206February 26, 2021 7:52 PM

Here, r205, maybe this will help YOU:

The unemployed black man's ex-partner has been accused of abusing her children (both mentally and physically) by two of her children; three of the others are now dead, despite their young ages. One of the children has said that she forced hysterical angry opinions about the black men upon he children 24/7 upon the children when they were growing up. that same child also said his sister's memories make no sense given the physical layout of the room where she says she was abused does not accord with the house's actual layout. The mother did not bring charges against the partner while they were together, and indeed continued to keep working with him after the time she now says she was aware of her daughter's accusations against him. There are photographs of a crazy valentine's day card with a photo of herself and the children with sharp pointed objects stuck through him, accusing him of doing this to her and her children by leaving her.

by Anonymousreply 207February 26, 2021 8:05 PM

You left out this, r207...

"...and THIRTY YEARS later this woman is still enacting revenge on her ex. A number of her children (at least five, including the dead children) refuse to speak to her."

by Anonymousreply 208February 28, 2021 5:59 AM

Mia Farrow also tried to get a role in a Woody Allen movie after accusing Woody of abusing Dylan. Would a mother of a sexually abused child really want to work with the abuser right after? It all sounds like a game Mia created to get back at him. She's kept on doing it since she noticed it was the only thing she could do to truly hurt Allen's reputation.

I actually feel sorry for Ronan since he seems to truly believe he's doing the right thing, and yet he's most probably through his work totally aware how flimsy the whole case against Woody is. There's no way he can totally ignore what Moses and others have been saying about Mia.

by Anonymousreply 209February 28, 2021 6:21 AM

[quote] I think Mia getting knocked up by her best friend's husband and then cheating on him with Sven Nykvist, [bold]after cheating on Frank Sinatra with John Phillips[/bold]

You mean the guy who fucked his daughter?

by Anonymousreply 210February 28, 2021 6:38 AM

[quote]Yes, I'm sure Frank Sinatra was always a gentleman who never strayed from his wives.

Well then, that settles it. Team Mia!

by Anonymousreply 211February 28, 2021 6:47 AM

Frank had so many wives because he couldn't stay faithful to the mother of his children.

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2021 6:49 AM

pedophilia was not understood back then at all. Woody Allen was the one that said it was just a messy divorce and there was nothing to the rumors. Well, he sexually assaulted a little girl and married his daughter. It just there, plain as day. Dylan is now old enough and can tell what happened to her. It was just a matter of time. This is so disturbing. I cannot watch it. I do not want this in my head. I feel so sorry for Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2021 7:34 AM

I wish this thread would die because I am sick and tired of reading "disturbing allegedly behavior". Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2021 10:39 AM

R213, are you suggesting pedophilia was not understood “at all”...in the 90s? What a strange, uninformed claim.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2021 11:46 AM

She just wants to heal LITTLE DYLAN you monsters!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2021 6:02 PM

Soon Yi Previn was NEVER WOODY ALLEN'S DAUGHTER!

Mia freaks are such crazed National Enquirer readers!

by Anonymousreply 217February 28, 2021 6:46 PM

I wonder what "Little Dylan" thought of her mother making several copies of this video and sending one to Rosanna Scotto at the NYC Fox affiliate WNYW. Or the fact that one of the experts Mia hired, psychiatrist Christopher Herman, testified that the video compromised the sexual abuse investigation because Mia's line of questioning "set the tone for child about how to answer."

by Anonymousreply 218February 28, 2021 6:58 PM

R217 No, she was Mia’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 219February 28, 2021 6:59 PM

Um, R207? You seem to have left out that there is a victims sibling and the victim indicating the abuse.

Freaks here are pedo apologists blaming everyone but the farking pedo.

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 220March 1, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote]A number of her children (at least five, including the dead children) refuse to speak to her

Oh my fucking god, I can't believe you actually said "her dead children refuse to speak to her" with a straight face.

The five children you're talking about are Soon-Yi, Moses, and the three who have died, you fucking lunatic. That's not "at least five of her children refuse to speak to her," that's two, for reasons we are all aware of.

by Anonymousreply 221March 1, 2021 2:48 PM

I can’t believe people invest so much of themselves in this lying cow, Dylan Farrow. How sad. You should get your own lives.

by Anonymousreply 222March 1, 2021 2:49 PM

What is more likely: that Dylan Farrow has spent their entire life maintaining an elaborate, painful lie - or that Woody Allen, who married his baby mama's adopted teenage daughter, may be a nonce?

by Anonymousreply 223March 1, 2021 3:03 PM

R221, there are way too many pedo apologists here blaming: The mother, the kids, the friends, other family members............and insisting pedo Allen does not "seem" like a pedo, but Mia is nuts.

Half of these ppl are prob pedos.

by Anonymousreply 224March 1, 2021 3:07 PM

He did it.

by Anonymousreply 225March 1, 2021 3:12 PM

Woody is a pedo.

As far as Soon-Yi goes, she was very damaged from being adopted at age 7. That stuff changes you forever. Woody basically used her, and she was down with it because that's what she remembered from her prostitute mother in Korea. Love is "a trade", and Soon-Yi got a pretty good deal: money in exchange for her body.

Plus, she got to stab her mother in the back. The adoptive mother is hated by a kid as damaged as Soon-Yi because it reminds her of the real terror: the bio mom

by Anonymousreply 226March 1, 2021 3:14 PM

It's almost as if a few privileged women-hating young queens find yet another opportunity to diss women like Mia and Dylan.

Let's look at the personalities: Mia, someone who has tried to help the entire world either through adoption or her humanitarian work, or Woody who's been a selfish entitled fucker his whole life.

I know who I believe.

by Anonymousreply 227March 1, 2021 3:16 PM

Woody is like Trump. Old white assholes who get away with criminal behavior because.....they're white males.

by Anonymousreply 228March 1, 2021 3:18 PM

I actually believe Dylan but have no idea why they're raking this up again.

Woody will meet justice after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 229March 1, 2021 3:19 PM

R224, I do not see pedo apologists here.

I like many posters are angry at actions like Mia's that make it impossible to identify the pedos.

This is how so many avoid any consequences for their actions.

None of us know what happened. All we have is opinion.

And it did not have to be that way.

by Anonymousreply 230March 1, 2021 3:39 PM

R230:

Its not just MIA that claims the freakish Woody is a pedo.

The victim says it, Sibling says it. Friends of family suspected it.

He MARRIED her farking daughter, whom he met when she was SEVEN.

The only proof missing is an effing vid of it.

Yes, there ARE apologists here.

Clearly, he is a pedo who groomed her - and prob groomed soon yi and god knows who else.

Old white man gets away w it bc he is rich and ppl dont think he "seems" like a pedo AND, the woman who is accusing him is "nuts" and the girl is "nuts" and the family friends "dont know.."

Please.

Walks talks and acts like a duck.

by Anonymousreply 231March 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Does anyone know if by “sexual assault” Dylan is referring to inappropriate touching or actual penile penetration?

by Anonymousreply 232March 1, 2021 3:44 PM

I am sure the babysitters are lying too. On the day of the alleged assault, a babysitter of a friend told police and gave sworn testimony that Allen and Dylan went missing for 15 or 20 minutes, while she was at the house. Another babysitter told police and also swore in court that on that same day, she saw Allen with his head on Dylan’s lap facing her body, while Dylan sat on a couch “staring vacantly in the direction of a television set.” A French tutor for the family told police and testified that that day she found Dylan was not wearing underpants under her sundress. The first babysitter also testified she did not tell Farrow that Allen and Dylan had gone missing until after Dylan made her statements.

by Anonymousreply 233March 1, 2021 3:53 PM

R232 according to Dylan's interview with Gayle King he touched her labia and vulva with his finger. No penis, no penetration.

by Anonymousreply 234March 1, 2021 3:53 PM

I think the documentary is creepy, even if skewed heavily towards the Farrows. Woody was creepy with Dylan. Fixated on her and putting his head in her crotch, including breathing on it and touching it.

That said, it makes Mia look like a freak that was obsessed with children, clueless, and allowed a partner who preyed on at least two of her children.

by Anonymousreply 235March 1, 2021 4:46 PM

Lots of crazies on this thread. The case was dropped because Mia wanted to minimize the trauma to Dylan if it went to trial. The DA in CT was going ahead with the case because it was found to have merit. Those are the circumstances under which it was dropped.

Mia did not sacrifice her daughter to get back at Woody- sill- think about it. And she never had talked to the press until this documentary- never.

Few reality checks here. And wouldn’t you separate rather acrimoniously (from your boyfriend) when you find pics of your troubled adopted teenage daughter’s vagina in his apartment?

by Anonymousreply 236March 1, 2021 5:27 PM

R231, you may not have been keeping up.

The testimony of Dylan and Rowan is not reliable. Memory is malleable, but even more so with children. A coached child witness often loses sense of what really happened an what did not. This is where Mia's actions damaged the case (if Woody did do it).

And again, if so many people suspected things were wrong, why did they not take action to stop it at the time? That raises questions.

I have my own opinion. But like everyone else here there is no evidence to support my opinion or to disprove it.

by Anonymousreply 237March 1, 2021 6:25 PM

He sexed Soon-Yi when she was still in high school. He was obsessed with Dylan to the point of stalking and cuddling with her in his underwear. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 238March 1, 2021 7:16 PM

sheesh why do any of you care about this from either "side". It's so unseemly to make spectacles of it every 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 239March 1, 2021 7:19 PM

People want him to be this cute nebbish klutz that he plays in the movies. He seems to be an abusive manipulator in real life, telling Farrow he could replace her as an actress within 2 minutes if he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 240March 1, 2021 7:26 PM

Why the defenses of Woody Allen?

In the face of his known behaviors with Soon-Yi deliberately to offend and shock Mia?

In the face of his movie themes about attraction to adolescents?

A 7-year-old girl is in Second Grade, not Pre-School. She understands the concepts of bodily privacy. She goes to the bathroom by herself.

There has been ZERO supporting evidence to NOT believe Dylan. Her description of the alleged abuse is not a common one found in a multitude of reports, to be "copycatted."

Loathing of Mia and/or Ronan Farrow does not constitute a valid argument, no matter the coarseness or vehemence of its expression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 1, 2021 7:41 PM

Well R241 if loathing Mia and Ronan isn’t enough to declare a verdict than neither is Allen’s filmography. Any child abuse allegations made during a contentious custody hearing are suspect from the get go.

Yale child abuse clinic social workers and Dylan’s own therapists had reason not to believe her. Dylan didn’t even make the allegation; Mia’s friend relayed a concern from her own babysitter to Mia. Then Mia brought Dylan to her pediatrician after informing him what Dylan would disclose. Dylan said woody touched her shoulder. Mia had to take her home, coach her, and then bring her back the next day. The doctor found no physical evidence of sexual contact. Then during one of her visits to Yale—October 30, 1992–she told the social workers nothing happened. Then her 2014 open letter went on about a toy train set up in the attic, a detail never mentioned in 1992/93, but nobody has offered evidence that an operational electric train set was set up in the attic. Mia’s babysitter testified in court that a train set was stored in the attic but had to be taken out and assembled elsewhere to be used because of its large size.

by Anonymousreply 242March 1, 2021 8:04 PM

The lack of logic here is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 243March 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Its like the cast of the Great Gatsby. Everyone is despicable. Why hang this laundry in public year after year?

by Anonymousreply 244March 1, 2021 8:14 PM

The Red Train Set

So much depends upon

A red train set

Covered in attic dust

Next to the Christmas decorations

by Anonymousreply 245March 1, 2021 8:48 PM

i didn't find the dylan home video footage persuasive. it was chopped together and she looked like she was repeating shit that Mia had told her to say.

i do believe he was an asshole and she was scared of him - that story about the spaghetti seemed believable and was actually more disturbing than her mia farrow bullshit about him fingering her. i could picture them sitting at the table and him grabbing her neck and shoving her face in her plate. that seemed legit and bothered me (MARY!!! I KNOW).

i'm fine with them ruining him honestly. he seems vile.

by Anonymousreply 246March 1, 2021 9:18 PM

These people are all assholes. The only good thing is that in 50 - 60 years, they'll all be dead and largely forgotten. So will I, but still.

by Anonymousreply 247March 1, 2021 9:39 PM

Go away Woody defender.

by Anonymousreply 248March 1, 2021 9:52 PM

R242, Any artist's oeuvre is a window to their psyche. Your opinion of the artist, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 249March 1, 2021 10:18 PM

Denying that Woody Allen's films suggest an attraction to younger women / underage girls would be like arguing that Quentin Tarantino doesn't have a foot fetish.

by Anonymousreply 250March 2, 2021 6:38 AM

Disturbing Allegedly Behavior is my drag king name.

by Anonymousreply 251March 2, 2021 7:18 AM

R237 YOU are not keeping up.

Victim said he did it. Sibling said he did it. Babysitters said he did it. Mother said he did it. Family members said he did it (they did not see it, others mentioned before this did). Judge found merit. Woody Allen went to THERAPY BEFORE ANY COPS WERE CALLED bc he could NOT control himself.

You are a pedo apologist. He did it. Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 252March 2, 2021 3:14 PM

I didnt find Dylan believable.

I think Mia is nuts.

I think kids memory is "malleable".

I think the friends and the babysitters are liars.

I think the siblings is liar. You know, the genius kid.

I believe the man who married the gf daughter (the one he met when she was 7), and the man who makes pervy movies is innocent!!!!!! You know, the one who attended therapy for being attracted to the little girl!! THAT ONE.

by Anonymousreply 253March 2, 2021 3:22 PM

I think he probably did it, R252. However, the victim and sibling statements cannot be given much weight because of how they were originally obtained.

The family had major boundary issues, which also complicates things. This is the kind of family dynamic which gives rise to incest, but it also gives rise to accusations of all kinds. This is the biggest problem with these cases. Molestation and false accusations both arise from similar family dynamics, and so can be indistinguishable.

My understanding is that the friends and babysitters were silent for years. Did any of them do anything about the shocking stuff they saw? They might be telling the truth now, but people who claim they see children in danger but do nothing are hard to trust.

I do not understand the lack of doubt. Nothing is definitive one way or another.

As a survivor of molestation who has worked with other survivors, I may be more cautious than most people. Letting opinion and emotion outweigh evidence ultimately silences victims and lets perpetrators go free.

I think Allen probably did it. But probably is not enough. It would be dishonest to be definitive.

It would also be dishonest to be definitive about Farrow's actions.

Some truth is unrecoverable.

by Anonymousreply 254March 2, 2021 3:47 PM

R254

Yeah, major boundary issues. But this was the 70s. Most families were cool with letting a boyfriend come over and not worrying too much what he was up to.

by Anonymousreply 255March 2, 2021 5:40 PM

R255, it was actually the 90s.

And even in the 70s, most families were not cool with boyfriends having sexual relationships with girlfriends teenaged and pre-pubesent daughters.

The boundary issues I was talking about was more about how enmeshed the family was. Without some privacy and ability to separate, children have problems forming their own identity which makes them prey to influences.

by Anonymousreply 256March 2, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote]My understanding is that the friends and babysitters were silent for years.

They weren't I don't think? Maureen O'Sullivan said something when she saw the gross suntan lotion incident, and Moses and Daisy both saw stuff Woody did to Soon-Yi that they told other family members about. One babysitter from the day of the Dylan incident told Mia what had happened a few days later, and I think the tutor did as well. Also like others have said, we know Woody was talked to about his behavior because he agreed to go to therapy because of it, so clearly people were talking about it as it happened, not just years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 2, 2021 5:55 PM

Mia has not discussed the details of her sexual relationship with Woody, but I read long ago on some gossip boards that Woody liked threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 258March 2, 2021 6:42 PM

Thank you, R257. I did not know the details and was mostly basing what I said on the first two episodes of the HBO show.

The disturbing thing in that article is that Farrow asked her babysitters not to let Allen alone with Dylan. That shows a tolerance beyond what I expected. Either she did not think there was any pedophilia or she thought it was okay to have a pedophile in the home as long as the babysitters were aware.

This family was a cesspit.

by Anonymousreply 259March 2, 2021 6:55 PM

R259, she did so while she gave Woody time for therapy- which he attended- probably because he did not want her calling the cops. Back then, women seemed more likely to forgive to keep the man rather than call the cops and get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 260March 4, 2021 2:07 PM

I remember this whole scandal playing out in the NYC tabloids when I was in my 20s. The series is filling in a few bits that I didn't remember. I'm watching it with a niece in her early 20s and she can't believe that they gave him so many chances to go to therapy etc. The soon yi thing still has me perplexed (I have watched episodes 1 & 2 only) - was she diagnosed as being mentally diminished for real or was just folklore from the adoption agency? If her mental capacity was diminished he is an even dirtier dog. BLEH.

by Anonymousreply 261March 4, 2021 2:30 PM

Back then? This is not that long ago. There was as much or even more panic about molestation in the 90s than there is now.

Mia was financially tied to Allen but not financially dependent on him. He did not live with her. She followed the same news stories and read the same books as the rest of us. Other women in Manhattan were dumping men for lesser offenses than molestation.

Neither Woody's self justifications about Soon-Yi, nor Mia's accusations pass the smell test. Two damaged people were on a slow motion collision course and the kids picked up the fall out.

If Woody did molest Dylan, Mia either did not believe it or was willing to tolerate if for a long time. If he did not do it, she nurtured a falsehood.

If he did not do it, she is a terrible person. But if he did do it, her actions (or inaction) was unconscionable.

by Anonymousreply 262March 4, 2021 2:42 PM

I am still wrapping my brain around the suntan lotion story. It is presented like a condemnation of Woody. But if it was such a horrible disturbing incident, then why would a mother do nothing about it?

by Anonymousreply 263March 4, 2021 2:42 PM

R262, my parents were in their 20's in the 90s and so it was back then, yes. It was not eons ago, but it was "back then" since it was literally decades ago lol.

by Anonymousreply 264March 4, 2021 2:49 PM

R262- Mia made Woody get THERAPY for his pedo ways before she reported it.

It did no good.

He kept it up.

She reported it.

by Anonymousreply 265March 4, 2021 3:16 PM

No, R265, both he and Mia put Dylan into therapy. Susan Coates was Dylan’s therapist and both Woody and Mia met with her as all parents do when their child is in therapy. Child therapists do *not* treat adults. Dylan never disclosed abuse to her or anybody for that matter, Mia had to coax it out of her.

The media coverage of the trial centered almost exclusively on Allen’s affair with Soon-Yi, most of it unflattering to Allen. The idea that he had sufficient power or clout to tilt opinion his favor doesn’t hold water; he made movies on a shoestring budget and they didn’t make a ton of money. His biggest accomplishment was single-handedly resuscitating Mia’s career, which was basically over by the time they started dating in 1980. Mia saw Manhattan and wrote woody a letter telling him how much she loved it. Then when they started dating she participated in threesomes with Woody and other women. She was fully aware of his sexual proclivities and gladly went along with them until it was no longer financially expedient.

by Anonymousreply 266March 4, 2021 3:22 PM

R266 Allen went to therapy for his pedo ways BEFORE Mia reported him. Read the VA article.

2. Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 267March 4, 2021 3:25 PM

VA article.

by Anonymousreply 268March 4, 2021 3:25 PM

Vanity FAIR.

by Anonymousreply 269March 4, 2021 3:26 PM

Why has nobody mentioned that even at her most womanly, Mia, not unlike Sissy Spacek, has always looked like and adolescent girl and that was part of the attraction for Woody?

by Anonymousreply 270March 4, 2021 3:42 PM

True, R270. And, his pervy ass movies that would have been 5 year old girls if he were allowed. Instead, he had teen girls ...how ppl dont see him as a pervy pedo I will never know.

by Anonymousreply 271March 4, 2021 4:46 PM

I don't have time to read 270 replies right now, but has anyone commented on the fact that this show is NOT airing on HBO, but HBO Max?

This should make Woody and Soon Yi very happy, as it will significantly reduce the number of people able to even watch this documentary.

by Anonymousreply 272March 4, 2021 5:03 PM

^^^ Can you explain the difference, I guess I missed the explanation when it launched?

by Anonymousreply 273March 4, 2021 5:23 PM

I did not think there was a difference. I have subscribed to HBO through Amazon Prime for a few years and did not know there was a difference.

by Anonymousreply 274March 4, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]I don't have time to read 270 replies right now, but has anyone commented on the fact that this show is NOT airing on HBO, but HBO Max?

It premieres on regular old HBO every Sunday night at 9 EST, and re-airs numerous times through the week.

by Anonymousreply 275March 4, 2021 5:33 PM

Mia Farrow defended Roman fucking Polanski who actually is guilty of child rape.

by Anonymousreply 276March 4, 2021 5:37 PM

If Woody Allen is a pedo then so is Norman Liar, whoops I mean Lear, for using [italic]All in the motherfucking goddamn racist-ass honky cracker Family[/italic] to show a naked baby’s penis on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 277March 4, 2021 5:39 PM

Diane Keaton has never once wavered in her defense of Woody Allen and she is 10 times the actress Mia Farrow ever was. Do you think Mia ever could’ve carried [italic]The First Wives Club[/italic] even with Goldie and Bette to prop her up? Thank God Diane was in [italic]Manhattan Murder Mystery[/italic] instead. I wish they would digitally insert her into all of Mia’s roles for Woody even if it’s just a deepfake.

by Anonymousreply 278March 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Poor Woody.

Mia needs to go to hell for ruining "Dylan's" life (I wonder what her real name is.).

by Anonymousreply 279March 4, 2021 6:17 PM

Mia has coached her to lie her whole life.

by Anonymousreply 280March 4, 2021 6:47 PM

Dylan's so twisted.

SHE stalked Woody all the time, so clingy.

Woody finally had to hide in the attic to get away from her.

by Anonymousreply 281March 4, 2021 7:38 PM

Are we REALLY supposed to believe anything Mia says?

She fucked Satan don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 282March 4, 2021 7:39 PM

Diane Keaton a better actress than Mia? Look, I enjoy Diane, but she's like De Niro, plays the same character in every movie, in her case a charming ditz. She and Mia are on the same level at least, but I'd give the edge to Mia. I was re-watching "Hannah" recently, and was struck by how poignant Mia was in the scene where she makes tea for her drunken mother and then looks on wistfully as her father plays "You Are Too Beautiful" on the piano. I know, Mary! but I was moved.

by Anonymousreply 283March 4, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]I enjoy Diane, but she's like De Niro, plays the same character in every movie, in her case a charming ditz.

"Reds" and "Shoot the Moon" would suggest otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 284March 4, 2021 7:56 PM

R284 I love Reds and her and Warren BeattyL but her strength as an actress is not period films and there is more Diane Keaton in late 20th century in that film than there is Louise Bryant and early 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 285March 4, 2021 8:24 PM

Wow episode two was super disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 286March 4, 2021 11:54 PM

R188, there's a huge error in your race baiting/stereotyping: Most of us, in a vacuum, find it much more believable that a pervy rich white dude would molest a girl before a poor black dude would...

by Anonymousreply 287March 5, 2021 2:01 AM

Mia Farrow showed a much greater range than Diane Keaton. Her characters in BROADWAY DANNY ROSE and THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO are completely different, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 5, 2021 5:39 AM

So did woody start dating Mia to get close to some kids to molest? Happens all the time to single moms..

by Anonymousreply 289March 5, 2021 11:16 AM

Mia only showed range with Woody, though R288. Every movie she made after Rosemary's Baby before hooking up with Woody (John and Mary, Secret Ceremony, Death on the Nile, The Wedding, Avalanche, Hurricane) were flops and she wasn't very good in them, either. Diane can at least work with different directors; Baby Boom may have been a Frau movie par excellence but Keaton's performance was brilliant. Mia could have never pulled off corporate dragon lady like her.

by Anonymousreply 290March 5, 2021 11:58 AM

I can see Woody watching Mia way back on Peyton Place and seeing her as the ultimate Shiksa goddess and masterbating furiously and developing a fixation. When she lost it with Sinatra and cut off her hair and looked like at twelve year old I bet he was salivating at her vulnerability, but also her damage that he knew he would be able to exploit. The multiple broken marriages, the film career in decline, the house full of needy kids across the park, the struggling wages of a being in a Broadway show were all a perfect storm for him to swoop in and start a relationship that I’m sure he saw as one sided.

She would be needy and need him and he could get what he wanted and easily manipulate her emotionally. The kids, which were a drawback at first, but would also occupy much of her time that he didn’t really want to be around her anyways ended up changing him and really won him over enough to even become a father and adopt them. Maybe in them he also found the ultimate vulnerability and ease of manipulation that he hadn’t even contemplated before. As he lost interest in the relationship with Mia and it waned as she was more overwhelmed and distracted by kids, he began to push boundaries and play out fantasies that maybe he had never even considered before.

The most telling thing about him is he is first and foremost a director, he likes to be in charge and in control of things and especially people. And doing that on screen was a rush, but the real power and charge was being able to do that in real life, to real people and their emotions. I can see him art directing to the nth degree leaving out the Polaroids, making them look causally scattered on the mantle or whatever the child’s coat nearby angled to lead the eye towards them. I’m surprised he didn’t have a hidden camera, if it was happening today I’m sure he would had done that.

by Anonymousreply 291March 5, 2021 11:59 AM

OTOH, R290, I just rewatched Godfather II and was really struck by how bad Keaton was in it. She was its Sofia Coppola. None of her dialogue sounded to me like a real person speaking.

by Anonymousreply 292March 5, 2021 1:06 PM

He knew Mia and he had an imbalanced power dynamic and used it against her. He's a perv, he took advantage of Mia's go with the flow, do what it takes to keep my man attitude and messed with two of the girls. Soon-yi was complicit (maybe getting revenge subconsciously on the mother figure in her life to strike back at her original maternally caused pain), Dylan was 7 and old enough to know she was touched. When he disappeared with her into the attic, while Mia was out, it was very sketchy.

I'm Team Farrow, why would I ever think Woody Allen *wasn't* a perv? Look at his semi-autobiographical films.

by Anonymousreply 293March 5, 2021 1:09 PM

How did Lark contract the AIDS virus? Dirty needles?

by Anonymousreply 294March 5, 2021 1:12 PM

It was all so long ago, and yet never really went away. I wonder how much of an unseen, unspoken presence Mia is in the Allen household. Is there curiosity about the lost "grandmother" and all the "aunts and uncles"?

by Anonymousreply 295March 5, 2021 1:13 PM

I disagree r290, she's very good in Widow's Peak, Secret Society and Death on the Nile. If you don't like camp I can see not liking her, though.

by Anonymousreply 296March 5, 2021 1:13 PM

How/when did Satchel become Ronin?

by Anonymousreply 297March 5, 2021 1:17 PM

This family is very strange when it comes to names, they come and go. Satchel becomes Ronan, Misha becomes Moses, Dylan becomes something else. Plus Woody's insistence on naming children after baseball players and jazz musicians.

by Anonymousreply 298March 5, 2021 1:24 PM

Supposedly needles from drug use, R294, but apparently Lark's husband said it was a tattoo needle.

Lark and Daisy used go out partying and got into trouble for shoplifting Dior lingerie in 1991. They dated brothers with criminal records and got pregnant by them, and dropped out of college, Daisy after just one semester and Lark after 2 years, in 1993. Fletcher said in one of the Vanity Fair articles that he thinks they both dropped out of college in part to the whole Soon-Yi/Woody fiasco, but Daisy has said they just made mistakes because they were young.

Lark eventually left her felon husband and lived with another man, the guy who said she got HIV from a tattoo needle, and had been sick for quite a while, but no one really knows what happened, why she wasn't on meds or why her family or second husband didn't help her. Maybe they did but there was only so much they could do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299March 5, 2021 1:32 PM

Like Michael Jackson, Woody normalized his behavior in plain sight.

Michael said "So what if I sleep with little boys in my bed?" Woody made dozens of movies about having relationships with underage girls.

The reason so many men on this thread get triggered by Woody's pedophilia is they feel conflicted about their own sexuality and want "their rights".

Sometimes sex hurts other people. It's not right, and hurts the more vulnerable party. Is that so hard for some of you queens to accept? Apparently so. Perhaps it hits too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 300March 5, 2021 2:16 PM

You are a real head case, r291.

by Anonymousreply 301March 5, 2021 3:15 PM

Woody Allen's adopted children with Soon-Yi (Bechet and Manzie): One looks VERY similar to Dylan and the way he is holding them in this photo, along with the looks on their faces, is super creepy. He has no shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 8, 2021 1:38 PM

Woody is innocent and only racists and pedos believe otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 10, 2021 5:07 PM

…dooby dooby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 10, 2021 5:08 PM

From the last episode it seems lots of payoffs etc to Yale for the right result, and the firing of the NYS social worker c’mon the fix was in for the NYC filmmaker. He definitely got a pass on this. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 305March 11, 2021 10:44 AM

R283...Mia was great in September. The scene where she has the big falling out with her mother, towards the end, was gut wrenching for me. The emotions and anger were so believable...also the scene in the bedroorm, after the falling out with Dianne Wiest, after finding out about the affair...Mia's tears and angst brought me to tears. Mary..

by Anonymousreply 306March 11, 2021 12:52 PM

Random, but I remember reading in Mia’s nanny’s book that Dylan’s original godmother was Natalie Wood. (And that after Natalie died, Rose Styron took over.) But I’ve been unable to find any confirmation of this online. Anyone? It’s remarkable, the circles these people all travel in.

by Anonymousreply 307March 11, 2021 12:56 PM

*bedroom^^

by Anonymousreply 308March 11, 2021 12:56 PM

R307...I remember watching the HBO documentary about Natalie Wood, Mia was in it talking about Natalie...so that suggests that they were friends, perhaps close enough for Natalie to be a godmother?

by Anonymousreply 309March 11, 2021 1:00 PM

R309 Yes, I thought of that too. The nanny explicitly stated it, but there is nothing online.

by Anonymousreply 310March 11, 2021 1:12 PM

Mia Farrow is a liar, a racist, and an abusive cunt who should be in prison with her pedo brother.

by Anonymousreply 311March 11, 2021 1:53 PM

That racist gentile prick Julian Edelmam pretty much prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this witchhunt is motivated by anti-Semitism, racism, and misogyny against women of color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 11, 2021 1:55 PM

All the attacks on the credibility of Moses Farrow are rooted in anti-Asian stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 313March 11, 2021 1:56 PM

Natalie Wood died in 1981, there's no way Mia chose her as godmother to Dylan who was born in 1985. Mia was living in England until 1979 so Wood, who lived in LA, seems like an odd choice for a godmother to her kids with Andre...

by Anonymousreply 314March 11, 2021 2:23 PM

If women wanted to wear pants, then they should have accepted the consequences of their catching fire when they lie.

by Anonymousreply 315March 11, 2021 2:28 PM

R314 Duh! Of course you're right. Maybe I'm misremembering from the nanny's book, but she definitely stated Natalie was godmother to one of Mia's children.

by Anonymousreply 316March 11, 2021 3:50 PM

Ever notice how many people who supported these unfounded accusations turned out to be kiddie fiddlers themselves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 11, 2021 3:53 PM

I'm around Soon Yi's age and I'm a woman. When the story first broke I remember thinking; "Why the hell would someone my age sleep with creepy Woody Allen?" And I was a fan of his!

Everything about this story is gross and disturbing. I don't doubt he was inappropriate with the little girl because he has no boundaries. But Mia is equally nuts.

Anyway, in spite of my disgust, I'm somehow able to separate my personal feelings from my admiration for his work. I still like many of his movies. I like Roman Polanski's movies, too.

Michael Vick--the football guy who abused dogs--I'll never forgive and can't believe he's allowed to play in the NFL. But, then, I don't care about sports, so he's easy to walk away from.

People are complicated and most are pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 318March 11, 2021 4:04 PM

Bump. Who's watching?

by Anonymousreply 319March 15, 2021 1:08 AM

Don't forget, Allen v Farrow: The podcast! Hopefully Allen v Farrow: The Musical is coming next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 15, 2021 1:10 AM

Interesting juxtaposition they're going for - Mia in Darfur, Woody lowering himself go to the Oscars. And oh dear, poor Charlie Rose.

Wow, they are calling out all the celebs hailing Woody as a GENIUS!

by Anonymousreply 321March 15, 2021 1:20 AM

R311 Hi Sun-Yi. Hanging out for all those hundreds of millions you'll get when Woody croaks it.

by Anonymousreply 322March 15, 2021 1:24 AM

Whoa, they highlight Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 323March 15, 2021 1:25 AM

I believe Ronan. Unironically.

by Anonymousreply 324March 15, 2021 1:31 AM

I am over Dylan. Way done.

by Anonymousreply 325March 15, 2021 1:50 AM

Well, they're dealing Moses head-on.....

by Anonymousreply 326March 15, 2021 2:09 AM

*with Moses

by Anonymousreply 327March 15, 2021 2:09 AM

I’ve always been team Woody but some of the evidence makes me think I may have been wrong. Then I hear Dylan and Mia and Ronan speak and I’m convinced Woody didn’t do it. None of them are believable. It just comes off as bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 328March 15, 2021 2:29 AM

I wish Moses had taken part. Would have been an interesting counterpoint. I understand if he was wary of editing and context, though.

by Anonymousreply 329March 15, 2021 2:39 AM

The last two episodes have been hard-hitting. I’m glad they did it.

by Anonymousreply 330March 15, 2021 2:40 AM

I just don't know. All I know is Woody is creepy as fuck for marrying his son's sister.

by Anonymousreply 331March 15, 2021 2:44 AM

I believe Dylan. I also think Team Farrow has already won. Amazon canceled Woody’s deal, his films can barely get released in the US, A-listers won’t work with him, and his legacy is permanently tarnished.

So this series, which rehashes and repackages info that is known to anyone who has followed this case, and adds specious pop cultural commentary and all sorts of overreach (it’s Woody’s fault that parental alienation is commonly used in custody cases?), left a bad taste in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 332March 15, 2021 2:53 AM

A Listers like Mira Sorvino and Selena Gomez? There are plenty of actors who would still work with him. The actors who suddenly ‘woke’ and turned on him are ridiculous. If Mira feels that strongly she should return her Oscar. I’m sure there are plenty more in her future.

by Anonymousreply 333March 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Why did Mia let her daughter Lark die in poverty in The Bronx from AIDS? Did Lark alienate her too? Did the doc mention Lark?

by Anonymousreply 334March 15, 2021 4:00 AM

I was involved in a bit of a situation having to do with Mia Farrow back in the early 90's. (I can't remember the exact date - yes, I'm old) I got hired to do a concert that was produced by an older woman, who was a bit of a hippie-tree-hugger type- a bit wacky but kind, and a total Mother Earth sort of person. One day, while we were wrapping up a rehearsal, we started discussing the Mia/Woody situation (this was post Soon-Yi) and I mentioned that I was renting a room in an apartment right around the corner from where Mia lived. (A friend had pointed out Mia's building to me while we were out walking, so I knew the place by sight) This woman- Evelyn was her name- asked me to get her Mia's address because she wanted to write to her. Apparently Evelyn knew about some little boy who was in the foster care system and was having a very bad time of it. (He had been taken away from abusive parents who were terrible to him, and was now in a not-great foster care situation) Long story short (I know, too late, right?) I got this woman Mia's address and thought nothing would come of it. This woman did write to Mia Farrow, asking her to adopt this little boy. Well, Mia didn't adopt him, but she did write Evelyn back to learn more about this boy, and while I don't remember the particulars, Mia was instrumental in getting the boy out of his bad foster care situation and in with people that she knew, and he was eventually adopted into a very nice family. I always thought that was spectacularly kind of Mia. She didn't have to respond to this letter from a complete stranger, but she did. And she helped this little boy out, when she never even met him. Would Woody have done that?

by Anonymousreply 335March 15, 2021 4:15 AM

R335 This is the thing, Mia has walked the walk.

by Anonymousreply 336March 15, 2021 4:25 AM

Woody Allen films that show him having an odd relationship with a young girl. Manhattan obviously. (although Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old in real life and isn't canceleld.)

There are some others. Husband and Wives I think and one more where he takes some young girl to movies and art museums and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 337March 15, 2021 4:29 AM

Mia is lunatic, a Disney Frau with bohemian vibes. Dylan is obviously a lez, but deep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 338March 15, 2021 5:11 AM

Little Dylan would have been great in a remake of The Omen. Horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 339March 15, 2021 5:12 AM

Ronan was closeted for a surprisingly long time.

by Anonymousreply 340March 15, 2021 5:12 AM

Dylan deserves an Emmy for her jaw chattering.

by Anonymousreply 341March 15, 2021 5:13 AM

Why does she keep her hair red like Allen's?

Dye it!!!

by Anonymousreply 342March 15, 2021 5:17 AM

I would let Woody running a phalange around my bunghole once to avoid decades of Mia’s mental abuse.

by Anonymousreply 343March 15, 2021 5:19 AM

“What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie?”

It’s Manhattan Murder Mystery, it’s Manhattan Murder Mystery, Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 344March 15, 2021 5:23 AM

Mia had some nice subtle plastic surgery and really good skin care regimen.

by Anonymousreply 345March 15, 2021 5:25 AM

R345 Yeah she looks great, not like a bloated corpse.

by Anonymousreply 346March 15, 2021 5:26 AM

LOL how they’re saying Moses is a liar and NOT to be believed but Dylan is ABSOLUTELY telling the truth. It just shows how women hijack the narrative now. If Woody did it, Mia could also be an abuser. She admits to beating SoonYi.

by Anonymousreply 347March 15, 2021 5:30 AM

I’ve known lots of women who have been abused and lots who make up allegations, it’s a fine line.

by Anonymousreply 348March 15, 2021 5:37 AM

The title ‘Dylan & Goliath’ would have been much more eye catching.

by Anonymousreply 349March 15, 2021 5:38 AM

The "red hair" IS dyed. Real color appears to be plain, old brown.

by Anonymousreply 350March 15, 2021 12:22 PM

I must have missed all those Woody Allen films where he gets romantically involved with 7 year olds. But from what everyone says, they constitute proof that he did it.

But seriously, why are we looking at his films for proof he likes young girls--he actually dated and married them. And Soon-Yi was brought up in a home where her mother had such a relationship when she was young, which normalized it for her and made it easier for her to accept Woody as a lover.

A bit creepy, but this is not the same thing as having sex with a child. As someone who was molested, it finally ended when I reached puberty and this is a common pattern. Men who like sex with children are less interested in sex with post-pubescent adults.

by Anonymousreply 351March 15, 2021 1:06 PM

Interesting that Mia said she dated someone after Woody but never introduced him to the kids because she was afraid he would fall in love with one of her daughters and it would happen all over again. Shouldn’t the bigger fear have been having another of her kids molested by someone she was involved with.

by Anonymousreply 352March 15, 2021 5:37 PM

R337, the movie is Crimes and Misdemeanors. The girl (who appears to be a tween) in the movie is supposed to be his niece and he tells her he's cheating on his wife. Dylan is in the movie, too.

by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2021 5:43 PM

R352 She may have thought Woody fell in love with Dylan, the way he was following her about.

So he may or may not have molested Dylan. He was witnessed on several occasions acting weird with her. They said he was obsessive with her.

He also is a liar. The way he's like oh, no. I'm not taping this. I couldn't handle that. Then clicks over to the other line " just on the phone with Mia. Listening and taping." He's a weasel and a liar.

by Anonymousreply 354March 15, 2021 6:11 PM

She "dated" plenty of people after Woody. Philip Roth and Vaclev Havel, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 355March 15, 2021 6:15 PM

I enjoyed it although it left me unnerved. The real thesis to me was hammered home at the end - money, power and PR have been driving this story and others like it for years. I believe Dylan. Period.

by Anonymousreply 356March 15, 2021 6:27 PM

I believe Dylan but actually lol'd at r344.

by Anonymousreply 357March 15, 2021 6:33 PM

Stanley Kubrick made [italic]Lolita[/italic]. Does that make him a pedo? Does that mean he approved of Humbert Humbert’s desires just by making a movie about them?

by Anonymousreply 358March 15, 2021 7:15 PM

The idea that Allen's money and "power" (power to do what? get a table at Rao's?) tilted the outcome of the proceedings in his favor is the least persuasive part of this. He had money, sure, but he wasn't a Rockefeller or a Lauder, and he didn't make other people all that much money, either. He had no pull with major studios and used the same production partners for decades. He famously avoided LA and all the industry award shows, despite his frequent nominations and those of his collaborators. Having a single publicist at 42West (like every other well-known person in the movie business) is hardly the mark of clout necessary to intimidate investigators. It's not Allen who has the NY Times, Vanity Fair, CBS, HBO and the New Yorker on call at a moment's notice, and it was not Allen who used social connections to overturn federal law to allow Americans more than 2 overseas adoptions.

Even more ludicrous is the idea that people just didn't know or care about child abuse 30 years ago, as if the only thing worth nothing about the late '80s/early '90s is that we were all backwards/not woke. Child abuse, specifically child sex abuse, was a staple of daytime talk shows (Oprah, Donahue) and tabloid news (Hard Copy, A Current Affair) thanks to the sensational McMartin trial, in which a family that ran a preschool was subjected to horrific allegations based on false memories implanted in vulnerable children by unhinged adults. The Menendez Brothers, whose trial was also in 1993 and the first to be broadcast on Court TV, claimed sexual abuse at the hands of their father as an excuse for murdering their parents, though this was also rejected. People were aware of the trauma of child abuse in 1993 just as they were aware of those who made false accusations. Mia knew very well that if even a whisper of child abuse was present in the custody proceedings then Allen would lose, which he of course did. The lack of evidence would have only hampered a criminal complaint, which both Frank Maco and Judge Wilk grudgingly admitted, though this didn't matter to Mia because all she cared about was securing sole custody.

by Anonymousreply 359March 16, 2021 1:20 AM

Child abuse was very much a big deal in the 1980s. It was big enough for very special episodes of both [italic]Diff’rent Strokes[/italic] and [italic]Webster[/italic]. At least one of them actually put a number for the National Child Abuse hotline at the end. Not only that, Disney felt the need to have Winnie the Pooh speak out against it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 16, 2021 2:20 AM

r359 wins.

by Anonymousreply 361March 16, 2021 2:23 AM

Everytime I see that photo of Dylan in OP's post I laugh because it looks like she's pushing out a painful dump.

by Anonymousreply 362March 16, 2021 3:27 AM

There's a Ronan Farrow hair and eye color truther on Datalounge (r53), and he's been posting here for years. He's really dogmatic about Ronan not being an actual blond with blue eyes. Anyone has a picture of Ronan where he's anything but that?

by Anonymousreply 363March 16, 2021 4:13 PM

Ronan is Woody's son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 16, 2021 4:19 PM

i found the last episode very depressing. regardless of whether you believe it happened and which parent you blame more - dylan seemed very damaged by the entire situation and the home movies of her in the years after were made me sad. the fact that she blamed herself for saying anything was upsetting. the fact that she was haunted by the idea that if she had been braver at age 7 at testify in court, she could have made a difference was devastating. i thought the conversation she had in 2020 with the prosecutor was moving. i worked as a prosecutor on child abuse cases for years - it's incredibly difficult to know how to do right by young children on abuse cases in terms of going forward and having them testify, etc. you are always worried about what they will think as adults. that was always the shit that would keep me up at night. the sad reality was that she was fucked either way - testifying or not testifying.

also thought the stuff about ronan telling her to shut up was sad. i didn't blame him but the two of them having that conflict was sad.

i'm glad she seems to have found some peace with her husband and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 365March 16, 2021 4:58 PM

Thought this doc was vastly weakened by overstating its claims and trying so hard to fit the whole affair into a David vs Goliath narrative. Most people are eating it up because they are fools and have no knowledge of the events or times. I remember distinctly when the whole affair broke - Woody was REVILED. I remember all the chattering classes were disgusted by his relationship with Soon-Yi and betrayal of Mia. The rich and powerful were hardly on Woody's side. Also, he was off a couple of stinker movies and he was hardly the towering figure the series depicts him as. His movies through most of the 90s were critically panned and money losers. I think we'll never know what happened, but it would have been nice to see at least a complicated, thorough, nuanced and tough-minded look at the evidence and the varying conflicting accounts, rather than the simplistic morality play that the HBO filmmakers offered.

by Anonymousreply 366March 16, 2021 5:04 PM

"Frog Hollow" (2022)

Mia Farrow (Aniston) finds herself in various battles with headless horsemen, pedophile filmmakers, and swarms of bastard adopted children.

by Anonymousreply 367March 16, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]Oh my fucking god, I can't believe you actually said "her dead children refuse to speak to her" with a straight face.

Un-clutch your pearls, Aunt Helen.

I was using tabloid sensationalism to make my argument in much the same way the hoards claiming Woody "married his DAUGHTER!" enjoy doing. It's also TRUE, so there's that.

I doubt Mia is on warm and cuddly terms with her other living children, we don't really have a way of knowing.

by Anonymousreply 368March 30, 2021 10:45 PM

He may or may not be a creep - certainly his relationship with Soon Yi is beyond questionable.

I do not believe Dylan. She is not credible.

by Anonymousreply 369March 30, 2021 10:48 PM

I feel sorry for Dylan having to go through all this. No matter what happened, because of her parents, either one, both, innocent or guilty, it's quite apparent that it was made more traumatic by having it in the press.

I can't tell if it's the actual event that's traumatic or if people making her relive it over and over was traumatic.

by Anonymousreply 370April 1, 2021 2:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!