Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ALLEN V FARROW

So far it’s heavily slanted towards the Farrow clan

by Anonymousreply 600March 11, 2021 1:25 PM

They flashed an old photo of Mia with Tony Perkins and a woman identified as Mia’s sister when it’s actually Tony’s wife Berry Berenson. Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 1:39 AM

Who. Fuckin'. CARES? They're all dreadful and freakish in their own ways.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 1:40 AM

I love the way MIA is filmed in [bold]very soft focus[/bold]...I've never seen that in a "documentary" before.

She's old. Accept it! Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 1:43 AM

she is 75 and is botoxxed to hell.

wasnt this investigated yrs ago at length and he found not guilty?

mia went off when woody left her for soon yi...understandable.

terribly one sided show tho..

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 1:51 AM

Mia Beat The Crap out of Soon-Yi with a telephone after she found out about the affair

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 1:54 AM

What sane woman wants 9 kids?

Dylan has crazy eyes..

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 1:56 AM

Mia still wanted to star in Manhattan Murder Mystery after she'd accused Woody of molesting Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 2:00 AM

I’m sorry but I don’t find Mia or Dylan credible. If Mia saw red flags with Woodys alleged behavior and did nothing then she’s a shit parent.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 2:01 AM

What do these women want from Allen?

He was exonerated in the courts long ago of this.

This is their lifes cause..

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 2:07 AM

R9 don’t forget me!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 2:22 AM

Oh Mia looks so young and pretty and innocent when filmed thru 2 inches of gauze.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 2:29 AM

How does mia support herself? thru donations cause she pitiful pearlina?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 2:38 AM

Mia is shot through so much gook you would think she’s auditioning for the remake of MAME.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 2:38 AM

^^^ no shit!

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 2:40 AM

I’m guessing Mia lives on Sinatra and Previn dollars. She certainly isn’t feeding a family of 20 on residual checks from Peyton Place.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 2:42 AM

"He was exonerated in the courts long ago of this."

He was never "exonerated." No charges were brought up against him in order to spare Dylan from having to go through even more hell.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 2:42 AM

From the comments and reviews ive read on entertainment sites, this one sided crap is causing serious backlash against the Farrows... as being, uh, nuts.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote] He was never "exonerated." No charges were brought up against him "in order to spare Dylan from having to go through even more hell. "

FIFY, Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 2:45 AM

Dylan is her own worst enemy here, she comes across as.....unwell.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 2:46 AM

Mia Farrow is a freak

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 2:52 AM

One way or the other Dylan is a victim. I don’t believe Woody molested her but I do think Mia and Ronan have caused serious damage but not letting this go. It’s unhealthy for everyone. There’s never going to be closure. They won’t be happy until Woody is 6 feet under.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 3:23 AM

She sold her mother’s apartment a long time ago, did she get money for that? And did she get child support for Ronan, Moses and Dylan ?

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 3:25 AM

"Dylan is her own worst enemy here, she comes across as.....unwell."

You'd be "unwell" too if Woody Allen made you suck his thumb and put his face in your lap and vigorously rubbed lotion in the crack of your buttocks.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 3:46 AM

Woody Allen is freak. A freak who took split beaver photos of his longtime companion's daughter. And fucked her daughter. And molested his own adopted daughter. What.A.Freak.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 3:47 AM

"From the comments and reviews ive read on entertainment sites, this one sided crap is causing serious backlash against the Farrows... as being, uh, nuts."

Nothing "one-sided' about it. It told what happened. Only deranged Woody lovers think the Farrows are "nuts."

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 3:49 AM

take a nap ronan...

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 4:14 AM

It's interesting that Woody wasn't charged to "spare Dylan pain" but I would imagine dragging this into the court of public opinion every 2-3 years would be pretty damn painful.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 4:46 AM

The responses in the media so far have been that this series makes mia/dylan look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 4:48 AM

R25 This account is horrifying, yes, but also one-sided. Woody (and those who support his side) never get to explain, deny, anything, and therefore he does end up looking like a pedophile. But I have some questions. There were at least three instances of utterly inappropriate behavior described in this account. If these things happened, any caring mother would have immediately cut off communication with the man endangering her child. So why didn’t Mia? And why were these appalling events never mentioned prior to this documentary? The suntan lotion thing was absolutely foul. And the thumb sucking thing? WTF?? Red flags all over the place. I just can’t see how Mia didn’t toss Allen to the curb then and there. It’s inexplicable and odd that she didn’t and so I’m still left to wonder: What is the truth?

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2021 4:51 AM

I love all the anti-Mia jokes. I thought the dreary molestation trolls would take over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2021 4:52 AM

Dylan is a dissociative schizo. Ronan is demented. Mia had his legs stretched so he could be taller, slept naked with him until he was a teenager, etc.

Woody and Soon-Yi are actually the sane ones. Both on the spectrum, i think.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2021 4:54 AM

She didn’t sell her mother’s apartment, she was just a renter and was forced to move to CT full time when the city started going after rich people abusing rent control. I think she was paying around $2800 a month for her 11-room apt by the time she left in ‘93/‘94. Her neighbor Carly Simon was also paying very little but agreed to the rent increase. Mia also did not get spousal support from Frank or Andre and only paltry child support from Andre. For somebody so cunning she did not plan well for the long term.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2021 5:12 AM

I read an interview with the documentarians. Even though the interviewer was sympathetic towards them, they still weren't clear about what they want done about Dylan's case. Woody Allen cannot be prosecuted for any of this because the statute of limitations passed long ago. They suggested they don't want people to see his movies anymore, but Allen basically can't get anyone to release his movies anymore anyway, and everyone recognizes they've not been good in years.

I also don't see what the Farrows want from all this at this point, except even more attention. I am sick to death of them.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2021 5:20 AM

MIA IS BITCH

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2021 5:23 AM

Sinatra was generous with Mia in later years and may have left her some money. She’s still close with Tina and Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2021 5:32 AM

mia wants $$$$. bitch is fukin broke, she be doin autograph shows, but this movie offer came up.

bingo

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2021 5:38 AM

[quote]But I have some questions. There were at least three instances of utterly inappropriate behavior described in this account. If these things happened, any caring mother would have immediately cut off communication with the man endangering her child. So why didn’t Mia?

This is a great question. Here's another one:

There's plenty of evidence that Woody romanticized, if not actualized, older man-and-teenage girl relationships. But nowhere have I ever seen any evidence that he sought out the company of prepubescent girls. Even Mia said he had little interest in the kids until Dylan came along.

There's no greater paradise for pedos than being in charge of advancing Hollywood kids' careers. Parents are unscrupulous and desperate enough to let their kids be molested for a part. But NONE of Woody's movies evince any interest in anything but adult topics. If he was into the seriously young stuff, wouldn't he be writing parts where he had access to 7-year-old girls?

I think he's a creep for what he did with Soon-Yi, but creep does not equal molesting second-graders.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2021 5:47 AM

The greatest crime is the way Farrow has made the allegations the organizing principle of her daughter's life.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2021 6:24 AM

Does the documentary discuss Woody's relationship with Soon-yi? and when Mia found the Polaroids in Woody's apartment? It was always believed that Woody carelessly left them out, but someone posted the theory that Soon-yi deliberately left them for Mia to find. She not so dim.

by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2021 6:49 AM

[quote]Does the documentary discuss Woody's relationship with Soon-yi? and when Mia found the Polaroids in Woody's apartment? It was always believed that Woody carelessly left them out, but someone posted the theory that Soon-yi deliberately left them for Mia to find. She not so dim.

They don't go into that (so far) — just saying that Mia let herself into his apartment in search of one of the children's coats, and found the Polaroids on his desk.

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2021 6:57 AM

The statute of limitations for criminal charges may have passed but Dylan can still sue Woody.

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2021 7:22 AM

R41 pretty sure the statute has passed on a civil suit as well.

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2021 7:50 AM

[quote]I just can’t see how Mia didn’t toss Allen to the curb then and there. It’s inexplicable and odd that she didn’t and so I’m still left to wonder: What is the truth?

she was SO dependent on him. her whole income had come from him for years. I think she was terrified of facing the real world and how she'd manage without him. he gave her a dream career...unfortunately he was attached.

Also her father was apparently a very creepy movie director who had endless affairs and treated the family like shit, so on some level this abusive weirdness was normal to her.

by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2021 8:04 AM

[quote]wasnt this investigated yrs ago at length and he found not guilty?

If the Woody defenders really cared about the truth, they'd stop lying and saying Woody Allen was subject to a criminal trial and proven not guilty.

There was no criminal trial. There was no finding of "not guilty."

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2021 8:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2021 8:13 AM

[quote]someone posted the theory that Soon-yi deliberately left them for Mia to find

We heard that back in the 1990s, too, though I don't remember the origin of that theory. Since then both Mia and Soon-Yi have said they were found accidentally.

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2021 8:14 AM

[quote] If these things happened, any caring mother would have immediately cut off communication with the man endangering her child. So why didn’t Mia?

My theory has always been that none of the Farrow kids knew what proper parenting was, because they were severely abused as children themselves. One brother committed suicide, another is in jail for molesting his own daughter, Prudence has been involved with sketchy situations including her role in the Robert Durst murders, and Mia didn't recognize the problems in her family as being problems. She just kept saying "oh, go to therapy" and glossing over it, because she didn't know better.

Not that it's an excuse, of course. I think it's an explanation, not an excuse. The court during the divorce case makes a few comments in the final filings about Mia ignoring signs she shouldn't have, so clearly it was a problem.

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote]Woody (and those who support his side) never get to explain, deny, anything, and therefore he does end up looking like a pedophile.

Woody has explained his side numerous times, as has Soon-Yi and Moses, plus Dick Cavett and Wallace Shawn, among others. His side has been told many times.

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2021 8:17 AM

[quote]We heard that back in the 1990s, too, though I don't remember the origin of that theory. Since then both Mia and Soon-Yi have said they were found accidentally.

NO. Woody left the photos out on the mantle when he knew Mia was turning up to collect one of her kids from a therapy session that was being conducted at his place. He wanted her to find them. That's how he wanted her to find out.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2021 8:18 AM

[quote]MIA IS BITCH —I'm here all week...try the veal!

If that's the quality of your "comedy", I ain't touching your veal.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2021 8:25 AM

[quote]NO. Woody left the photos out on the mantle when he knew Mia was turning up to collect one of her kids from a therapy session conducted at his place. He wanted her to find them. That's how he wanted her to find out.

I heard the mantle story, too. I don't believe Allen left the nude Polaroids there; he's not stupid. But, Soon-Yi had everything to gain by having Mia find them.

- Allen could no longer keep the affair secret, which he stated had been his intention.

- Mia would be devastated. Given her actions, Soon-Yi probably harbored deep anger toward her mother. After shocking and hurting her, Soon-Yi could be sure the sordid affair became public. The volatile Mia immediately called Andre Previn.

- It tied Allen to Soon-Yi; he could never discard her in the light of such a scandal. His only face-saving measure was to claim true love.

- When asked to comment, Andre Previn stated Soon-Yi was "dead to us." To some extent, her father recognized her agency in the matter; Soon-Yi is not innocent in this affair.

The person who benefited from those photos being found was Soon-Yi. Since we first heard of the scandal, we have thought this. We assumed Allen said he put them there as a face-saving measure. I bet he was surprised!

As for Mia, well...she ignored red flags because she was tied to him professionally and financially. We don't know what else happened in that rambling household. There were too many kids, many with disabilities to care for adequately, IMO. There was no full-time father. Mia collected children like dolls, creating a problematic, loosely supervised family that made easy prey for someone with those proclivities.

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2021 8:53 AM

Imagine being on a jury if this did go to trial.

The accused is a creepy unsympathetic man who had an affair with his partner's adopted daughter when she was 17.

The victim's mother has been accused by 2 of her adopted children being cruel and abusive and giving preferential treatment to her fair haired blue eyed white children. The victim's mother is a lifelong friend and supporter of a convicted child rapist and a fugitive of justice. The victim's mother supported the child rapist to an extent that she flew to London to give a character reference for him during a libel trial when the film director sued a magazine for reporting that a he had tried to seduce a woman in a restaurant on the day of his wife's funeral.

One of the victims's older siblings alleges the mother was abusive and manipulative and contradicts many of the victim's statements on the circumstances of the abuse, e.g. there was no train set in the attic where the abuse took place, something stated by the victim.

The victim, who was 7 at the time, was believed by some professionals to spoke to her to have been coached about what to say regarding the abuse.

It's a total mess.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2021 8:56 AM

Why were all the film critics young women?

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2021 8:57 AM

The Yale doctors said Dylan sounded coached, but the doctor that both Mia and Woody agreed to as a neutral expert in the trial, Dr. Stephen Herman, said the Yale report was seriously flawed because they never interviewed Dylan, and they clearly developed a theory before looking at taped interviews with Dylan, then used that evidence to support the theory they'd already come up with.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2021 9:02 AM

So many things about the first episode didn’t add up for me.

First - Mia collecting those kids was truly pathological. 7 kids. That’s batshit fucking CRAZY. Many of them with special needs. And then she decides she wants to be pregnant again (with 7 kids) and so she and woody try and try to conceive and she ends up adopting ANOTHER kid and then she gets pregnant and has Ronan. 9 kids. It makes Angelina and Madonna seem normal in comparison. It just took away any credibility whatsoever for me when no one in the “documentary” addresses the mental illness inherent in someone who would collect 9 children. And parent them so poorly that 3 are dead (essentially by suicide), one ran off with Mia’s boyfriend as a teenager, one got allegedly molested by Mia’s boyfriend, etc etc etc. You can’t adopt 9 dogs but this woman is amassing this collection of human beings in some NYC apartment? I can’t.

And then Mia claims the kids were her whole life and acts like she was with them all the time and some sort of Saint when in reality she was also working and dating Woody. Like she kept living her life.

Dylan having such intact vivid memories of her life until 7. I don’t remember shit before age 7. The way she was talking you would think she was describing things from when she was a preteen on. Seemed as though she was reciting “memories” that has been drilled in her head. Same with Ronan who was even younger at the time.

A lot of the things Mia and her frau biased best friend were complaining about actually just made him seem like a devoted father - playing on the playground with her, buying her toys, wanting to hold her all the time when she was a baby, etc. The frau friend describing how he got up on the slide and jungle gym to play with Dylan was ridiculous. Her tone was like she was describing a rape.

A famous psychiatrist in Mia’s building just happened to see him “greet” the kid once and called Mia and they needed therapy?

Dylan just seems extremely damaged. And it feels like the damage of someone with a narcissistic monster of a mother and not the damage of someone who was s molested when they were 7.

The most sincere part in the episode is as the footage of Moses as a kid and how much he loved woody. And then woody adopted him too because Moses was so attached to him.

It’s really did not feel like a documentary. It’s propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2021 9:04 AM

Ugh this shit pisses me off. Team Woody all the way. Look I grew up loving Woody Allen movies and Michael Jackson songs. After looking at all the evidence, I'll still watch "The Purple Rose of Cairo" tomorrow but I refuse to listen to "Man in the Mirror" again. Woody innocent. MJ a monster. My opinion.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2021 9:04 AM

[quote]I heard the mantle story, too. I don't believe Allen left the nude Polaroids there; he's not stupid. But, Soon-Yi had everything to gain by having Mia find them.

He admitted it when confronted in an interview he gave when trying to clear his name. It's online.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2021 9:21 AM

[quote]After looking at all the evidence, I'll still watch "The Purple Rose of Cairo" tomorrow

It helps that he's not actually in it.

I was a BIG fan too...but I find myself being somewhat turned off by him even in his best films now. When I look at Annie Hall now it's all about "how cute he is" - it's called Annie Hall but it really should have been called "Woody Allen".

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2021 9:25 AM

The polaroids were discussed in part 1. Three more parts to go.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2021 12:43 PM

Woody speaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2021 1:25 PM

Allen v Farrow? More like Farrow v Allen

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2021 1:26 PM

Woody and soon yi’s response is valid. The first episode was ridiculous. At this point soon yi is in her 50s, they’ve been together for decades and they have two daughters. Mia and Dylan and Ronan are fucking crazy. Move on.

And unlike Mia, I think soon yi would leave him if he ever tried to molest their girls. Which he seemingly hasn’t. Or molested any other little girls. But he chose to molest just Dylan? Sorry. I don’t buy it.

He has major issues and is/was a pervert re: teenage girls, but he’s no pedophile.

I hope this documentary creates a backlash against the Farrows. Probably won’t in this #metoo climate. But it should.

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2021 2:32 PM

[quote]no one in the “documentary” addresses the mental illness inherent in someone who would collect 9 children

There is no DSM-V diagnosis based on this criterion. You think it's crazy but that doesn't mean it's an actual mental illness.

[quote]And parent them so poorly that 3 are dead (essentially by suicide)

This shows you're one of those conspiracy loons who reads stupid blogs that makes things up.

Thaddeus died by suicide. Lark's cause of death was never released, but she had health problems including HIV.

Tam had health problems since before she was adopted, including a heart condition that killed her. Moses's story about Tam committing suicide is entirely without substance and comes as third-hand information he supposedly got from Thaddeus, who was dead by the time Moses made the claim.

Part of Moses's claim was that Mia refused to let Tam see a therapist, but does that make sense? She sent all her kids to therapy except just one?

He also said Mia told everyone that Tam had accidentally overdosed; if that's true, why hasn't anyone come forward to confirm?

If Lark was "essentially killed" by Mia, as Moses claims, by being forced into AIDS-ridden poverty, why hasn't her husband or anyone come forward to confirm?

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]Dylan just seems extremely damaged. And it feels like the damage of someone with a narcissistic monster of a mother and not the damage of someone who was s molested when they were 7.

Yes, well, what it feels like to some anonymous conspiracist on Datalounge is certainly relevant, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2021 2:52 PM

This isn't a documentary; it's propaganda. There's only one side forcefully presented, with no opposing side whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2021 2:55 PM

thank you RONAN at r63 and r64.

i didn't mean it was an actual mental illness per the DSM to collect children r63. why are you so literal? i said mental illness inherent in someone - very poorly worded - SUE ME - but i maintain only someone with mental illness (probably a personality disorder per your DSM) would collect 9 children. think about that. 9 kids. many with special needs. and she's up here adopting them and breeding like no one's business.

it's not a conspiracy to point out that mia farrow is fucking crazy and a shitty parent.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]i didn't mean it was an actual mental illness per the DSM to collect children [R63]. why are you so literal?

Er, what? You said there was "mental illness inherent in someone who would collect 9 children." Then you said "i maintain only someone with mental illness (probably a personality disorder per your DSM) would collect 9 children." I don't know why you're so upset about me quoting back to you exactly what you said.

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2021 3:07 PM

R63 Of course it makes sense that only Satchel and Dylan had therapists because Mia favored her white children. The Farrows frequently note that Mia selflessly drove Ronan to Bard Early College every day, 90 minutes each way. Did she spend this much one-on-one time with any of her adopted kids? Moses, who was 14 when the trial started, also needed therapy but instead Mia sent him away to boarding school at 15. It may not be possible to prove Moses' claim that Tam died by suicide, but Mia's claim that Tam died of "heart failure" also doesn't hold water; Kristie Groteke wrote extensively about Tam in her tell-all book sanctioned by Mia and not once did she mention any sort of cardiac condition, just the fact that she was blind and emotionally immature. Lark was in nursing school at NYU when the custody trial started but then dropped out and at some point started using drugs and died from AIDS-related complications on Christmas Day. She clearly could have used therapy and the love of parents who weren't raging narcissists like Mia and Andre Previn. Previn said about Soon-Yi in the 2013 Vanity Fair article that "she does not exist." Some father...

R42 Dylan can file a civil suit against Allen in CT until she's 48. She wouldn't win, of course, because she has no evidence.

R54 Yale interviewed Dylan nine times--on one occasion, 10/30/1992, she recanted her allegations and said "Woody didn't do anything." They also interviewed her babysitter, Kristi Groteke, and their final interview with Mia entailed reviewing the tape she made. Dylan's pediatrician had already examined her in August (though nearly a week after Mia first leveled the accusation) and found no physical evidence of abuse, and both of the child psychologists who had treated her--Susan Coates, Nancy Schultz--believed the abuse didn't happen. Two detectives from CT state police, John Mucherino and Bea Farlekas, came to Mia's house almost every weekend and interviewed Dylan on their own despite their lack of training in this field, and they couldn't turn up anything to use against Allen except a false recollection on Dylan's part that she and Satchel had witnessed Woody and Soon-Yi having sex in summer 1991. In light of these meetings and evaluations, Stephen Herman's suggestion that one could have just as easily concluded from Yale's report that Dylan was abused simply cannot be substantiated.

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote]only Satchel and Dylan had therapists

That's not true, the other kids had therapists as well.

That's why it doesn't make sense that she would have a family therapist that all the kids saw but yet refuse to allow Tam to go.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2021 3:09 PM

Who was the family therapist that saw all the kids?

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2021 3:10 PM

r67... mia farrow is mentally ill. that should be covered in any documentary about this whole debacle.

that's my point. i'm not "so upset" - it's monday morning and day 100420 of covid. get off my dick.

if you're a mia farrow fan who believes dylan - more power to you.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2021 3:14 PM

The Farrow-Allen family had eight therapists for themselves and all the children, and Soon-Yi was sent to a school run by psychiatrists to help her as she was having difficulties in other schools. The therapists were considered "surrogate family members" and spoke to the whole family as well as to each other.

I don't know where you got the idea that only the white kids got therapists, but you're completely wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]mia farrow is mentally ill

According to you, an incoherent, bitchy little troll who can't handle it when someone shows up with hard questions they can't answer.

[quote]i'm not "so upset" - it's monday morning and day 100420 of covid. get off my dick.

If you can't handle someone replying to you with logic and facts, then get the fuck out of here. This is not your safe space to blather on about your widdle frauish conspiracies. Go to some pro-Woody blog with a stupid name or Twitter or something if you want people to just blindly agree with you.

[quote]if you're a mia farrow fan

I'm not. I've said worse stuff about Mia than you have. But Mia being a shitty mom doesn't exonerate Woody, you dunce.

by Anonymousreply 73February 22, 2021 3:20 PM

For those wondering where Mia gets money - I wouldn't be surprised if Ronan supports her.

by Anonymousreply 74February 22, 2021 3:22 PM

oh r73 come on.... NOW who is so upset? thank you for that response. it made me lol. fine. you win. (but i really do think she's mentally ill).

by Anonymousreply 75February 22, 2021 3:24 PM

r73 is tired and emotional, and needs a little space.

by Anonymousreply 76February 22, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]it's monday morning and day 100420 of covid. get off my dick.

I don't understand the people who come to Datalounge to be assholes and then start whining when they get it in return.

They all seem to say some variant of "get off my dick" too, the last one who got snippy with me told me to get off her clit. I suspect it's a popular turn of phrase from whatever kinder, gentler board they're originally from.

DL is spicy, if you can't handle it, don't whine about it.

by Anonymousreply 77February 22, 2021 3:34 PM

She doesn't seem to have much money R74.

by Anonymousreply 78February 22, 2021 3:34 PM

An expert said the Yale interviews were flawed and the court also said they weren't compelling when it wrote its final judgment.

[quote]A child psychiatrist testified yesterday that experts at Yale-New Haven Hospital had mishandled interviews and used faulty methodology to conclude that Woody Allen had not molested his 7-year-old daughter, Dylan.

[quote]Testifying at the custody trial of Mr. Allen and Mia Farrow, the psychiatrist, Dr. Stephen Herman, called the Yale report "seriously flawed." He said the investigators had developed questionable interpretations of many of Dylan's statements to them, inappropriately destroyed original notes of the meetings and leaped to unsubstantiated conclusions about people whom they had not even interviewed.

[quote]In fact, Dr. Herman testified, the report's findings were so unreliable that he could have used the data to arrive at a totally opposite conclusion. "It's just as easy to conclude from this report that Dylan was abused," he said in his testimony in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 22, 2021 3:38 PM

The Yale-New Haven report

[quote]concluded that Allen was "overly intense in his relationship with his daughter" and that his behavior "had a sexualized overtone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 22, 2021 3:42 PM

Is Woody shooting blanks? Why did he and Soon-Yi adopt their kids?

by Anonymousreply 81February 22, 2021 3:44 PM

This lady also claims Woody Allen abused her. Of course, some have referred to her as an "unreliable narrator".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 22, 2021 3:45 PM

r80, you realize that the evidence you just posted with disqualified three minutes earlier by the previous post.

by Anonymousreply 83February 22, 2021 3:46 PM

Right, someone mentioned earlier that something I said in r54 was wrong, and that's true, I just read some of the links posted and realized that the Yale team DID interview Dylan. Because only Dr Leventhal wrote the report I thought he was the only one who interviewed her and the rest simply watched the interviews or read his notes. Apparently though the other therapists attended in person.

Everyone destroyed their notes after he filed the report though, that was weird.

by Anonymousreply 84February 22, 2021 3:48 PM

R78: Jon Lovett, Ronan’s partner, was telling an anecdote about Mia lending him and Ronan her car while they were in L.A., and I think he described it as an older model Ford Taurus. That really stood out to me because I was like, “Ohhhhhh, she’s broke!”

by Anonymousreply 85February 22, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote][R78]: Jon Lovett, Ronan’s partner, was telling an anecdote about Mia lending him and Ronan her car while they were in L.A., and I think he described it as an older model Ford Taurus. That really stood out to me because I was like, “Ohhhhhh, she’s broke!”

Why would Mia keep a car in LA if she lives full time in CT.

& she's clearly NOT flash and wouldn't care about her car.

by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Interesting r80, in the documentary Mia says a psychologist called her and said she felt something was off with Woody's behavior with Dylan, so he agreed to go to a therapist. That therapist (whoever it was, I only read the Rolling Stone article about it) apparently said Woody's behavior WAS off and it might SEEM sexual, but it really wasn't, so Mia felt at ease after that.

Later, apparently different psychologists said his attentions WERE sexual.

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2021 3:56 PM

* Interesting AT R80, I mean, I am r80!

by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2021 3:57 PM

R86: Unfortunately, Jon’s co-host did in press him on why his MIL had a car in L.A. when she lives in CT. They should’ve pressed him on the issue...did she personally drive it out there, or hire someone?

by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2021 3:59 PM

i don't believe woody allen would ever step foot in an attic.

by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2021 4:01 PM

I love Mia Farrow as an actress. I can watch Rosemary's Baby again and again because of her. I even loved her in The Great Gatsby (which many people seem to hate). I think Ronan Farrow has done incredibly valuable and courageous work in exposing Harvey Weinstein.

I have always disliked Woody Allen and most of his movies (though I really like "Bullets Over Broadway"). I think the relationship with Soon-Yi was perverse and just wrong.

But I don't believe that Woody abused Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2021 4:01 PM

I'll bet she got a great check from HBO - over a million.

by Anonymousreply 92February 22, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote]you realize that the evidence you just posted with disqualified three minutes earlier by the previous post

I kind of don't know what that means. Are there some wrong words in there?

If you're going to hold up the Yale-New Haven report as exonerating Woody Allen then you should probably mention that it says his attention to Dylan WAS inappropriate and sexual in nature.

I agree with the expert who said the Yale-New Haven report could go either way and that's why it was flawed. The quote from Washington Post makes that pretty clear, because it supposedly clears Woody Allen while still saying he was acting sexually toward his 7-year-old daughter.

by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2021 4:02 PM

In what universe would a psychiatrist not acquainted with any of these people call Mia and tell her that she'd just observed suspicious behavior in the lobby? In any case, the psychiatrist is long dead and can't refute or explain this claim.

as to the attic, according to most reports it was a crawl space and there was no electric train set there.

As to Ronan's claims last night that he noticed that Dylan became withdrawn and frightened, around the time of the alleged abuse, he would have been somewhere between two and five years old during that period. I doubt if he observed anything of the kind.

by Anonymousreply 94February 22, 2021 4:04 PM

r94 - yes to all of that. i thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 95February 22, 2021 4:06 PM

Worth watching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 22, 2021 4:07 PM

What do you mean r94, someone she wasn't acquainted with? The psychologist who called Mia was Dr. Ethel Person, a NEIGHBOR of hers who she was friends with!

by Anonymousreply 97February 22, 2021 4:08 PM

Only on Central Park West would you have a building full of yenta child psychologists!

by Anonymousreply 98February 22, 2021 4:13 PM

Who the fuck cares? I will tune in when they do one on Melania's Einstein visa.

by Anonymousreply 99February 22, 2021 4:14 PM

Cancel that fucking racist homophobic bitchcunt Mia Farrow. She should’ve been blacklisted from Hollywood just for accusing Woody of being gay.

By the way, Woody Allen is innocent and anybody who says otherwise is a racist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 100February 22, 2021 4:18 PM

per wikipedia...

Ethel Jane Spector Person Sherman Diamond was an American psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. Her work investigated sexual fantasy via an epidemiologic disease model

how convenient.

by Anonymousreply 101February 22, 2021 4:18 PM

The more they whine and wail about this publicly, the less I believe that Woody did anything with Dylan.

If she's got a civil case, let Dylan take Woody to court. Otherwise, they need to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 102February 22, 2021 4:18 PM

r99 I would love a huge expose on Melania but I don't think that'll happen.

by Anonymousreply 103February 22, 2021 4:19 PM

Damn damn. My husband canceled HBO a while ago. Why is this not on Netflix???

A lot of evidence of molestation is iffy. But if there is enough of it, you should, at some point, assume something happened. Now, I don't know exactly what was alleged because I don't have HBO, but it might be just that there was iffy behavior that was headed in the wrong direction. Maybe this was the first kid he molested. There are some things that some parents do that other parents think is creepy as hell, but it's not exactly abuse. Like spanking a kid on a bare butt, didn't that used to be a thing? I think that's creepy as hell. I'm sure there are tons of examples. I don't know what I'm saying but it really is hard to tell as a therapist. And then having a pediatrician check the kid for physical signs needs to be done, but that is abusive to the kid too (unintentionally).

Isn't Ronan a true genius? Maybe he can remember stuff from that long ago.

And as others have said, if Mia was raised in an iffy family, she wouldn't recognize a lot of the stuff as iffy. It's weird but true. That's why a lot of women who were abused end up with abusive creepy husbands. Stuff that would turn off a normal woman doesn't bother them. They think it's normal.

I think Mia is probably like a crazy cat lady. She has good intentions and starts adopting all these cats, especially the ones that no one else seems to want. Very similar.

I really want to know who Ronan's father is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 104February 22, 2021 4:22 PM

Well only one we know about r98 but I suppose that just one could FEEL like a building full of them! She's described as a "Freudian" too, it's a hoot.

But it's not true to say she was a stranger just randomly calling Mia, she'd seen Woody and Dylan in person in their condo building apparently.

by Anonymousreply 105February 22, 2021 4:23 PM

Both Woody and Soon-Yi have clear-cut cases against the bitchcunt for slander and for targeted harassment.

This is a lynching by a depraved racist white woman.

by Anonymousreply 106February 22, 2021 4:23 PM

Racist pedo-enabling bitch cunt whore Mia defended that child rapist Roman Polanski up until the moment #MeToo began. Not to mention how she trusted her kids with that pedo brother of hers while attacking Woody. She should be in jail for reckless endangerment and kidnapping.

This underscores the irony of Woody putting Conrad Bain and Charlotte Rae in [italic]Bananas[/italic] (albeit not together) before they were both on [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic]: he spent a decade dating a woman who single-handedly proved that whites cannot be trusted with either their own children or other people's children.

And Timmay should also go to jail for making that fascist pedo movie then acting uppity about Woody when he took money knowing damn well about a smear campaign that had been going on for decades.

by Anonymousreply 107February 22, 2021 4:32 PM

Katharine Hepburn was once quoted as saying that Mia grew up in a 'depraved household'.

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2021 4:36 PM

who says Mia and Persons were friends, r97? You? They lived in the same building.

And I don't think reputable shrinks do things like that. In any event, we'll never know as the woman is long dead.

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2021 4:38 PM

The Sinatra family will not claim Ronan as Frank's son.

Is it because he's gay or because he's a pathological liar?

by Anonymousreply 110February 22, 2021 4:38 PM

You said it was a stranger who called R109, but it was their neighbor who knew the family and had seen Woody interacting with Dylan in person.

Now you're saying Dr. Ethel Person wasn't reputable?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 22, 2021 4:50 PM

When some schlub on YouTube can succeed in being objective where HBO failed, that says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 112February 22, 2021 5:00 PM

This documentary made me realize that, truly, the only way to mitigate stress as much as possible in life in a way that you can control is to not have children. My God they are nothing but problems.

by Anonymousreply 113February 22, 2021 5:00 PM

r111, I don't think I said Person was a "stranger." But there was no suggestion that she knew the family beyond living in the same very large apartment building. You, or someone with your p.o.v., claimed that they were friends as well as neighbors. Back that up, please.

And if Person made that call, it wasn't reputable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 114February 22, 2021 5:10 PM

Mia never defended Roman Polanski. She was called as a witness in a defamation lawsuit, but not as a character witness. She was called to verify if Polanski was at an event the article claimed he was at.

Mia is tight with Robert Wagner and his family and was in the documentary about Natalie Wood her daughter made last year. She does back Wagner in that one.

by Anonymousreply 115February 22, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]When some schlub on YouTube can succeed in being objective where HBO failed, that says a lot.

The HBO people are busy defending themselves. I became bored very quickly watching them. Which says a lot about what they say. They're cashing in on an old tragedy. It was enough already 30 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 22, 2021 5:17 PM

I believe Mia was a signatory to an open letter of support for Polanski sometime in the last couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 117February 22, 2021 5:18 PM

[quote] If Lark was "essentially killed" by Mia, as Moses claims, by being forced into AIDS-ridden poverty, why hasn't her husband or anyone come forward to confirm?

I guess their publicists and media friends and contacts haven't gotten around to it yet.

by Anonymousreply 118February 22, 2021 5:21 PM

Dylan Farrow wrote an article a few years ago in which she said she remembers the abuse in the attic. I think this pretty much ends the debate. I have clear memories of being seven (that's a second grader, not an infant). If I can remember my teacher's face and first trip to Disneyland, surely Dylan can remember the time an authority figure touched her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 119February 22, 2021 5:22 PM

I think that Dylan believes every word she's saying. I think that was Mia's goal and she accomplished it.

We are never going to know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 120February 22, 2021 5:24 PM

She didn’t sign either letter R117.

I remember when Dylan went after Diane Keaton and Scarlett Johansson a few years back for supporting him or speaking of him in positive terms. I remember Dylan said to Diane “DO YOU REMEMBER ME”

by Anonymousreply 121February 22, 2021 5:29 PM

Did you notice the credits......over 30 people listed under "Hair & Makeup."

by Anonymousreply 122February 22, 2021 5:37 PM

R119 has never heard of the McMartin preschool trial

by Anonymousreply 123February 22, 2021 5:39 PM

I thought Disney was the studio that made [italic]Pinocchio[/italic]. Turns out HBO is an even bigger bunch of liars. [italic]Sesame Street[/italic] must have really been hard-up for cash to go with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 22, 2021 5:42 PM

Very true r115, she was at lunch with Polanski not long after the Manson murders, when a woman came up to him and hit on him, later apparently the woman said HE hit on HER, which was used in a magazine article as a bullet point toward his character, that he was trying to get laid just a couple days after his wife was slaughtered.

If I recall Mia only said she was there and that the woman hit on Polanski, not the other way around. That was it. She really didn't sign that letter, I don't know why people say she did.

by Anonymousreply 125February 22, 2021 5:46 PM

R121 I'd say "Your mother had 20 children. Which one were you?"

by Anonymousreply 126February 22, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote] Dylan Farrow wrote an article a few years ago in which she said she remembers the abuse in the attic. I think this pretty much ends the debate.

If that were true, then people would have to be locked up the second someone made na accusation of molestation against them. But it's not true, and that's a very dangerous (and even ignorant) claim for you or anyone to make.

There's a phenomenon called "false-memory syndrome" where people (especially suggestible children eager to please authority figures) who have been primed by therapists or family members or social workers to remember things that didn't actually happen do just that. There were legions of cases in the 1980s, from the McMartin School trial to the Cermak family case in Minnesota to the whole Thurston County case in Washington state. in the latter, children were encouraged by a local sheriff to claim sexual abuse from a supposed Satanic cult that just became wider and wider until almost the entire town was implicated in it--until finally federal prosecutors started casting a suspicious eye when the supposed "victims" started claiming supernatural events happened during their molestations, and the whole thing collapsed.

There was a famous New Yorker article on it that was turned into a good book, "Remembering Satan." But the whole thing underlines that you [bold]CANNOT[/bold] just take children's word for it when they claim sexual abuse--indeed, that was literally the mistake of the Salem witch trials. The girls were claiming sexual abuse by Satan instigated by "witches" in the town, and the judges believed them because it was in their own interests of power to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 22, 2021 5:49 PM

Do you think Ronan and Jon Lovett have ever sucked each other's toes?

by Anonymousreply 128February 22, 2021 5:59 PM

Absolutely untrue, R117. I know you guys think smearing Mia will make Woody look innocent, but it does not work that way.

by Anonymousreply 129February 22, 2021 6:01 PM

You can think woody is a pervert and an asshole and not believe Dylan.

I believe Dylan believes she was abused in the attic. I also think Mia coached her and she was a little kid and vulnerable.

Wasn’t there a Mia quote where she told woody you took my daughter now I’ll take yours. Or something along those lines?

by Anonymousreply 130February 22, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote]I don't think reputable shrinks do things like that

Yet you guys have no problem with Moses Farrow, a family therapist, speaking out of turn about someone else's abuse, and claiming Mia Farrow "brainwashed" her children, when brainwashing is merely a concept and there's no actual proof it even exists.

Very odd what you guys consider "reputable" behavior from therapists and what you don't.

by Anonymousreply 131February 22, 2021 6:07 PM

R131 it is not someone else’s abuse. He’s not speaking out of turn. It’s his own family and directly impacted his life. It’s his parents and his sister. And he waited years to say anything. How is what he’s doing any different from Ronan defending his mother and saying he believes Dylan?

by Anonymousreply 132February 22, 2021 6:12 PM

Watching now. Mia's Connecticut home is fantastic, what a property with the pond and the extensive lawn. And the house is cluttered but quite cozy.

by Anonymousreply 133February 22, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]. That therapist . . . apparently said Woody's behavior WAS off and it might SEEM sexual, but it really wasn't, . . . Later, apparently different psychologists said his attentions WERE sexual.

You'll have to bring the quotes from those later "dlifferent psychologists" then.

There are many situations that some people, especially people who are hyoersexualized , misinterpret as being sexual. Siblings taking a bath together when they are young, for example. Even parents take showers with their kids up to certain ages. Those could also "seem" sexual.

Saying something "could seem" sexual is describing to the inexperienced or uneducated person that it's not sexual. It is not saying it could be sexual.

You can always find some expert to hire who will sell your POV and make your argument for you. The Yale-New Haven team was highly respected and weren't there to find excuses for or cover up sexual abuse. They didn't get hired by the Connecticut or other prosecutors' offcies because they were known for ignoring child sex abuse.

I don't think I ever ehard before that Dylan claimed she saw Woody and Soon-Yi having sex in the summer of 1991. Of course this is long after Mia went on her tirades in front of the kids about Woody and Soon-Yi having sex. Wow! Just wow! If anyone had any doubts how easy it was to taint a child's mind and fill it with fantasies and believe they are real then there it is. This fantasy about Woody and Soon-Yi coupled with her father's missing attention coupled with Dylan's long history of a previously diagnosed inability to distinguish fantasy from reality gives you this false accusation. No one should believe Dylan. She has proven she cannot be believed based on this alone. When you add in all the other facts like the inaccurate attic memories, the fact Woody was never alone with Dylan that summer, the history of Mia horribly manipulating her children and even others to lie under oath and fabricate, including Mia's threats to Woody to take his daughter away from him BEFORE the time period this allegedly happened, then you have to be a blind fool to believe any of this.

I am astounded by the willigness of people to believe such things when there is proof the accuser is a fantasist.

by Anonymousreply 134February 22, 2021 6:18 PM

Gee, Andre Previn walked out on quite a large family.

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Does anyone recall why Mia and Previn divorced? I though they were each involved with other people....

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote] Yet you guys have no problem with Moses Farrow, a family therapist, speaking out of turn about someone else's abuse, and claiming Mia Farrow "brainwashed" her children, when brainwashing is merely a concept and there's no actual proof it even exists.

Moses is discussing facts. Actual things he witnessed or knew first hand existed or didn't exist.

Ronan is talkng out of his ass about things that allegedly happened when he was a very young child and matters he was not witness to after he was also coincidentally conveniently a witness to his mother's tirades against Woody and Soon-Yi having sex. Tainting the minds and memories of children absolutely exists. Where do you get the crazy idea that there is no proof it exists? There are innumerable studies that show it absolutely does exist and it can cause great harm. In this case it has harmed not only the accused but also the accuser.

by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2021 6:27 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Ronan does resemble Woody, especially the younger Woody?

by Anonymousreply 138February 22, 2021 6:37 PM

not to be petty but ronan is not aging well. he used to be so fresh-faced and pretty and now he starting to look embalmed. so many makeup and hair artists on this faux-doc but they couldn't get his twink glow back, could they?

that's the REAL tragedy of this all.

by Anonymousreply 139February 22, 2021 6:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 22, 2021 6:49 PM

Director: More cheesecloth. STAT!

Crew: But Mia already has 5 layers.

Director: Not for Mia, you fool. For Ronan!

by Anonymousreply 141February 22, 2021 6:54 PM

It’s just odd to me that everyone was in therapy! That right there is troublesome. It’s like Mia wanted them to have issues so she could put them in therapy.

During the intro there is a voice-over in the background that says the abuse was allegedly caught on tape. If so, just show the damn footage, let Woody get crucified and Mia, Dylan and Ronan can her have their desperately needed “win”.

And why do these people think we care this much about THEIR problems. Most people don’t like to air their dirty laundry, but this cabal thrives on it.

by Anonymousreply 142February 22, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote] Dylan's long history of a previously diagnosed inability to distinguish fantasy from reality

This is the first time I've heard this. Where was this written about or mentioned? I don't have HBO so haven't seen this documentary.

by Anonymousreply 143February 22, 2021 7:01 PM

After watching that first episode, it struck me that Ronan is clearly Mia's favorite because he'll never ever leave Mommy for another woman. And that's creepy and sad.

by Anonymousreply 144February 22, 2021 7:05 PM

R143, I have no idea if it's in the HBO doc. This came out ages ago - maybe in the beginning. Dylan was in therapy from the eraliest day of her adoption. You ca probably google it and get some info about it.

Do you think these fimmakers would have included that in their doc? They would just have needed to hire some "expert" to take that diagnosis apart. 'LOL!

by Anonymousreply 145February 22, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote] After watching that first episode, it struck me that Ronan is clearly Mia's favorite

Didn't Mia used to seclude herself with Satchel/Ronan when he was a baby and ignore the others for extended periods of time? Actually it was Mia's behavior with Satchel that was really kooky and obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 146February 22, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote] Tainting the minds and memories of children absolutely exists

It’s called going to church.

by Anonymousreply 147February 22, 2021 7:20 PM

All the reviews have noted this is weighted in favour of the Farrow clan. It’s a shame because Kirby Dick used to be such a reputable filmmaker.

by Anonymousreply 148February 22, 2021 7:21 PM

This is an informative article about the kids and eye opening (for me) about Soon-Yi:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 22, 2021 7:23 PM

Just one more fact no one here has mentioned: Allen wanted this to go to trial in order to clear his name, but the case was dismissed in order to protect Dylan. Therefore, the witnesses (that we see in the documentary) were never cross-examined. That would have been helpful in establishing what actually happened at that house. Instead, the documentarians present the testimony of Farrow's friend and the former girlfriend of her son as the unassailable truth. Allen also took a lie detector test and passed. Mia Farrow did not. I think it would be helpful if she did so now in order to clear up the issue of whether she coached Dylan in her testimony or not.

by Anonymousreply 150February 22, 2021 7:23 PM

i thought it was strange that mia, having her concerns over woody's sexually inappropriate behavior toward dylan, still allowed her to run around in just her underwear. there was a home movie footage of dylan (where she was old enough to be wearing clothes) and she is just sitting there outside in her underwear next to woody and putting her hand on his thigh.

given all the commentary by mia and her friend about how bad his boundaries were - and how terribly worried they were - you think she would have told the kid to put on a shirt and pants if she's going to sit next to a grown man pervert.

just saying.

by Anonymousreply 151February 22, 2021 7:24 PM

R127, that was not the mistake of the Salem witch trials. The judges in Salem had been warned at the time that they should not take accept allegations of *witchcraft* without addition evidence. The supernatural aspect of the claims made them suspect and required further verification.

by Anonymousreply 152February 22, 2021 7:27 PM

Mia Farrow is crazy. We’re talking about someone who chopped off her hair because her boyfriend didn’t take her to a party. She stole her best friend’s husband. I think she’s a liar, I think she taught her kids to lie.

by Anonymousreply 153February 22, 2021 7:31 PM

The thing that is so tiresome about Dylan Farrow is that she acts like she’s some Tutsi woman who was gang-raped by an army of Hutu soldiers during the Rwandan genocide when in reality she’s someone whose father put his head in her lap when she was a child. It’s like, no matter what happened - GET OVER IT. Show the world what it means to SURVIVE.

And now with that Promising Young Woman movie you have all these perpetual victims on social media saying “I feel like I WANT TO DIE!” I mean, there are obviously legitimate victims of child sex abuse but there’s also a wannabe cult of victim hood and Dylan Farrow is the QUEEN of it.

by Anonymousreply 154February 22, 2021 7:50 PM

Isn’t the Mia/Dylan thing Munchausen by proxy?

by Anonymousreply 155February 22, 2021 7:55 PM

R150, thanks for more common sense. Of course statements not subject to cross examination are often useless or worse the opposite of what they seem at first glance. Even when people aren't trying to lie, you can often uncover misinterpretations, mistaken observations, mis-remembered "facts", etc.

HBO should be ashamed of itself as should those filmmakers. This is about financial avarice or fame hunger. How is this any better than Trump and his sycophants? Because the "cause" is popular and trendy? First principles - always first principles. No matter what the subject or who the people are.

We are so fast losing our principles.

by Anonymousreply 156February 22, 2021 8:04 PM

André Previn couldn't keep it in his pants. He went through five wives in his lifetime; Mia was the third among them.

by Anonymousreply 157February 22, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote]And did she get child support for Ronan, Moses and Dylan ?

IIRC, Woody was taken to court and had to pay child support for Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 158February 22, 2021 8:28 PM

R158, you make it sound like Woody wasn't willing to pay child support for Ronan and you know that's not true. Having a court decide the amount of child support when it is in contention or it's just a normal part of a child custody dispute does not mean one or the other parent is resisting child support.

by Anonymousreply 159February 22, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote]This is an informative article about the kids and eye opening (for me) about Soon-Yi:

The Jezebel article is an eye opener.

Mia adopted another 5 kids after finding out about Woody and Soon-Yi's affair, with 2 of them adopted within a month her finding out? This is not a sane person.

[quote]Tam, a blind girl from Vietnam, was adopted by Mia in February 1992, just one month after learning about the affair between Woody and Soon-Yi. Mia and Woody initially planned on raising the girl together, but their relationship was on shaky ground due to the affair. Woody was still a presence in Mia's household—up until August 1992—as the former couple attempted to co-parent and hammer out a custody agreement. However, it was by all accounts an acrimonious and emotionally-charged time, which apparently affected Tam. She was rumored to chant, "Woody no goody!" when he was around. Tam evidently had a heart condition and passed away in March 2000 of heart failure.

[quote]Isaiah was a crack-addicted infant adopted by Mia the same week that she adopted Tam. He is a senior at the University of Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 160February 22, 2021 8:45 PM

no shit r160 but this morning i was called out by the DSM police for calling mia mentally ill. the queen keeper of the DSM would not hop off my dick about my conspiracy theories.

so just watch your cock because that DSM queen will be cumming for you calling mia insane.

and yes - mia is batshit mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 161February 22, 2021 9:16 PM

You are not on DSM here.

by Anonymousreply 162February 22, 2021 9:19 PM

I'm just like...what is the goal here?

Allen isn't going to jail.

His best films are behind him.

He'll most likely be dead in 5 years.

What's to be gained from bringing all this up AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2021 10:41 PM

Sting, Demi, Soon-Yi, soon me!

by Anonymousreply 164February 22, 2021 11:28 PM

R163 the point is that Mia is one crazy, vengeful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 165February 22, 2021 11:32 PM

Satchel/Ronan was evil looking baby in the pic at R111

by Anonymousreply 166February 23, 2021 1:15 AM

^The Omen

by Anonymousreply 167February 23, 2021 1:19 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 168February 23, 2021 2:14 AM

R168 = Ronan

by Anonymousreply 169February 23, 2021 1:53 PM

Just finished episode 1. I'm 28, missed all of the Allen/Soon-Yi/Farrow fallout when it was happening/happened.

So I'm objective.

Allen looks guilty and creepy as shit after ep 1. Looking forward to the other installments.

by Anonymousreply 170February 23, 2021 7:48 PM

I'm on Team They're Both Assholes!

Team Allen keeps calling Mia crazy and evil, as if proving her crazy and evil proved Allen innocent. It doesn't. Both sides of an argument can be wrong, both parties in a feud can be guilty, the accusations thrown by both sides in a fight can be perfectly true.

The evidence clearly shows that Mia IS evil, and that Woody IS interested in very young women.

by Anonymousreply 171February 23, 2021 8:44 PM

R170 - yes exactly... that’s the problem. The “documentary” doesn’t allow you to be objective because it’s completely one-sided. Your reaction is the intended response.

Also I love that a 28 year old is on datalounge! I thought we only attracted the over-40 crowd these days!

by Anonymousreply 172February 23, 2021 8:44 PM

The movie made me sympathize with woody, i had not before, it seems so jaded toward mia and dylan/ronan.....buncha crap. SO OBVIOUSLY PROPAGANDA

by Anonymousreply 173February 24, 2021 1:47 AM

R29

The suntan lotion is an old allegation. I remember reading a defense from Allen in '92-'93 where he claimed he was putting sunscreen on Dylan normally, that there was nothing inappropriate. I agree with you, though, that if the claim is true, Farrow is an idiot for not cutting ties with him at the time.

Whether Allen is guilty or not, Farrow doesn't come out of this looking good. She really must be mental to dredge this up every few years. Either Dylan was molested, and her mother continually makes her relive that trauma, or she wasn't molested, but believes herself to have been, and her mother keeps making her relive that trauma. I'm actually not sure which is worse, probably the former since an actual abuse victim needs support and privacy, not whatever the hell this is.

by Anonymousreply 174February 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Dylan looks insane in the membrane....

by Anonymousreply 175February 24, 2021 3:49 AM

i respect ronan, but why he on mia's side????

by Anonymousreply 176February 24, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote]Both Woody and Soon-Yi have clear-cut cases against the bitchcunt for slander and for targeted harassment.

And THEY SHOULD! For defamation, slander, libel, and intentional causing of emotional distress. They should name Ronan and Dylan as co-defendants. Of course, there one small little matter...

...discovery. Bet neither Allen nor the pliant Soon-Yi wants that.

by Anonymousreply 177February 24, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote]Either Dylan was molested, and her mother continually makes her relive that trauma, or she wasn't molested, but believes herself to have been, and her mother keeps making her relive that trauma. I'm actually not sure which is worse, probably the former since an actual abuse victim needs support and privacy, not whatever the hell this is.

Dylan is a grown woman now. No one's forcing her to DO anything.

I'd like to know what [bold]she & Mia got paid to do this.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 178February 24, 2021 4:49 AM

no shit, they broke as fuk and prob only got a few grande....

by Anonymousreply 179February 24, 2021 5:08 AM

I don't respect Ronan at all. He's manipulative and unethical.

by Anonymousreply 180February 24, 2021 6:03 AM

R178

Encouraging her then, and participating alongside Dylan's younger brother. Either way, Mia's a terrible mother.

by Anonymousreply 181February 24, 2021 10:13 PM

Dylan looked like the demon child from The Omen but with extreme heroin eyes.

by Anonymousreply 182February 24, 2021 10:25 PM

This is basically trailer park drama that some artistic wannabes have foisted on us with nicer packaging because they live in a hippy house in Connecticut. Woody is the only one with any talent. Mia is a psycho cunt who used her oozing slit to get what she wanted in life.

by Anonymousreply 183February 24, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]This is basically trailer park drama that some artistic wannabes have foisted on us with nicer packaging because they live in a hippy house in Connecticut. Woody is the only one with any talent. Mia is a psycho cunt who used her oozing slit to get what she wanted in life.

Absolutely. That's the guilty pleasure of it. Unfortunately, because the main players in this little household drama are not in a trailer park, we don't have an exciting third act. In fact, it's a story in search of violent denouement. Let's face it - LONG AGO - someone would set another's trailer on fire to cover up dead bodies.

by Anonymousreply 184February 25, 2021 12:52 AM

You’re all meanies. I think Mia was wonderful onscreen. And she has the most beautiful name: Maria de Lourdes Villiers Farrow. Sure beats Alan Konigsberg.

by Anonymousreply 185February 25, 2021 12:54 AM

Well, I thought the first episode was hilarious. This tired shit being trotted out AGAIN for the #metoo crowd? Get the popcorn! You have "Keeping Up With The Farrows"--septugenarian Mama Mia shot in soft focus with the Doris Day lens, reliving her memories and playing to the camera a little too obviously, gimlet-eyed snake Ronan, and at the center of it all (when scene-stealing Mia isn't)--the raven-haired muse of misery, Dylan. The filmmakers should have known, though, that quoting from Woody Allen's memoir at such length was a legal no-no. Anyway--can't wait for the next episode!

by Anonymousreply 186February 25, 2021 2:31 AM

They were supposed to do a sexual harassment expose on Russell Simmons with Oprah footing the bill. She saw the rough copy and withdrew her support. That wacky bitch Mia needs to get over the breakup. It's been over 30 years now.

by Anonymousreply 187February 25, 2021 3:01 AM

[R110] Sinatra's biographer says he was in Hawaii with his then wife, recovering from major bowel surgery during the time period when Ronan would have been conceived, not ruling out but reducing the chances that he is Sinatra's son -- despite the physical likeness, which he explains by a comparable resemblance to Mia's father.

by Anonymousreply 188February 25, 2021 4:02 AM

[[R188]] newbie, busted.

by Anonymousreply 189February 25, 2021 4:13 AM

If I was Ronan I would have had my DNA done by now, Settle this thing once and for all.

Why does that make him a "newbie", R188?

It's odd - Mia Farrow is probably one of the most talked about people in the history of DL. There was always at least one thread about her on the front page, back in the days of pages and suddenly she went out of favor. I think that happened when the Chinese son wrote about her. People backed away. People on DL are quite perceptive about these sorts of things. They sense when things are true. Bit like Shirley Maclaine's daughter's book. None of that "I don't believe her" bullshit you get from other sorts of people. What she wrote was obviously true. And VERY unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 190February 25, 2021 2:42 PM

Ronan knows he's not Sinatra's kid, but he wants others to think he is.

The thing is, I don't think he's Woody's, either. I think Mia used a sperm bank. Thus, to her mind she wasn't lying when she said "maybe" to the Sinatra question.

by Anonymousreply 191February 25, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]I think Mia used a sperm bank.

Interesting.

She is pretty devious, clearly. And Woody shoots blanks.

...and she wanted to capture him.

She even considered marrying Woody AFTER she'd found the Soon-Yi pics, when he suggested it.

by Anonymousreply 192February 25, 2021 2:51 PM

mia and dylan need psychiatric help ASAP

by Anonymousreply 193February 25, 2021 6:26 PM

How are the ratings for this?

by Anonymousreply 194February 25, 2021 8:53 PM

I'm enjoying the scenes of Mia's lovely country home. Can't help but imagine how careful they've had to be around that pond, with all those kids running around.

by Anonymousreply 195February 25, 2021 11:11 PM

Maybe she and dylan made enuf off this to keep their lying traps shut for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 196February 25, 2021 11:35 PM

I went to look at that Youtube video someone posted and landed on a poor-quality upload of "Love and Betrayal: The Mia Farrow Story," a TV movie from 1995 that I sort of remember. Watching now, knowing full well it will be cheesy. Mia is portrayed by Patsy Kensit, who played Mia's daughter in Gatsby. Must say Dennis Boutsikaris is perfect as Woody.

by Anonymousreply 197February 26, 2021 12:00 AM

the series makes mia/dylan look really bad. did they view this fore they released this fibbing sack of shit movie?

by Anonymousreply 198February 26, 2021 12:34 AM

Mia so fug they gotta photograph her thru a foot of gauze or wtf?

by Anonymousreply 199February 26, 2021 2:11 AM

I'm on team "they're both crazy", yet I still like them both. I guess that's weird.

by Anonymousreply 200February 26, 2021 2:52 AM

Big 50 point gap between critical and audience response on RT. Critics seem to have overwhelmingly bought what the filmmakers are selling.

by Anonymousreply 201February 26, 2021 7:49 AM

R201 an alternate explanation is that some of these critics might not be buying it either but don't have the anonymity of online reviewers. No one wants to lose their job.

by Anonymousreply 202February 26, 2021 7:57 AM

Critics are also more likely to have seen all 4 episodes. Not that I'm not expecting to be swayed.

by Anonymousreply 203February 26, 2021 8:20 AM

I think in this #metoo climate critics have to say they believe Dylan and liked the series. God forbid anyone question a woman’s accusations of sexual assault. You would get cancelled on twitter so fast. So actually these cunty grifters picked the perfect time to make their “documentary.” One has to respect the 30 year hustle they have going on.

by Anonymousreply 204February 26, 2021 1:21 PM

Raise your hand if you think Lovett is the hung one in the couple.

by Anonymousreply 205February 27, 2021 5:04 PM

if Ronan is Sinatra progeny he may have inherited some of the legendary "10 pounder".

by Anonymousreply 206February 27, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] if Ronan is Sinatra progeny he may have inherited some of the legendary "10 pounder".

He’s not and he didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 207February 27, 2021 11:45 PM

Jon, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 208February 27, 2021 11:53 PM

Ronan is a genius. So is Woody. I don't think Sinatra is particularly smart. Intelligence is heritable. Ronan is very likely Woody's kid. Ronan looks like Mia's side of the family. He looks just like Mia.

by Anonymousreply 209February 28, 2021 1:14 AM

Ronan lucked out. He got Woody's brains and Mia's looks.

by Anonymousreply 210February 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Ryan Murphy should do a mini series on the whole never ending drama. I wonder which one of his faves could play Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 211February 28, 2021 1:38 AM

this show makes me think mia/dylan are fucking liars..

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2021 3:56 AM

wHY DOES THIS thread keep disappearing?????

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2021 5:30 AM

pressure from the farrows no doubt....

by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2021 5:32 AM

I know people are making fun of how softly Mia is being lit, but I've always thought she's aged well.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2021 6:19 AM

honey she had a shit load of surgery....

by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2021 6:24 AM

She really needs to do something with that long stringy hair, and a little makeup would be nice too. I don't understand why people go to the trouble of having cosmetic surgery and then let everything else go.

by Anonymousreply 217February 28, 2021 2:15 PM

“Mia is a psycho cunt who used her oozing slit to get what she wanted in life.”

You sound nice.

by Anonymousreply 218February 28, 2021 2:26 PM

Neither Woody nor Mia are nice people. I'm not on either of their teams. Woody decided to live out his dream of fucking all available females in a single family unit (maybe not the first time he's done so) and Mia handled it like the self-interested cow she is. She should never have allowed him into her life in the first place given his track record of browsing on underage females when she had one in her household, but she put her career before her daughters' welfare. As for Woody, I hope he dies in mortal terror sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 219February 28, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote] Intelligence is heritable.

It really isn't. Intelligence is affected by multiple factors, and studies have shown only 50% of intelligence is based on genetic factors, at most. Current thought is that intelligence is probably based on numerous genes, not just one or a few handed down from one parent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 28, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote]She even considered marrying Woody AFTER she'd found the Soon-Yi pics, when he suggested it.

I'm not sure she considered it. He told her it was a fleeting affair that didn't mean anything and that it was over, they both said it was over, then she discovered it wasn't months later. Around the time she discovered it wasn't over, he asked her to marry him. She called one of their many therapists about it when it happened and the therapist's testimony makes it sound like Mia had no intention at that point of marrying him.

by Anonymousreply 221February 28, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]There was always at least one thread about her on the front page, back in the days of pages and suddenly she went out of favor. I think that happened when the Chinese son wrote about her. People backed away.

I've been on Datalounge since 2004 and Mia was never in favor. Here's a thread from 2007 where people are making up the exact same shit about Mia 14 years ago that they still are today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 28, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote] It really isn't. Intelligence is affected by multiple factors, and studies have shown only 50% of intelligence is based on genetic factors, at most. Current thought is that intelligence is probably based on numerous genes, not just one or a few handed down from one parent.

So, in other words, IT IS.

by Anonymousreply 223February 28, 2021 3:58 PM

Dylan has spoken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 28, 2021 6:02 PM

The highlight of part 2 was Mia saying how upset she was when Andrei left her for her friend. Uh... you mean the same way Andrei left his wife Dory for her friend—-YOU! She really is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 225March 1, 2021 2:20 AM

Mia relentlessly filming Dylan and coaxing her to tell her story made me believe that Dylan was coached. Mia is coming off like a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 226March 1, 2021 2:22 AM

Ugh. Team Mia all the way.

by Anonymousreply 227March 1, 2021 4:21 AM

Team Mia. I loathe her in every one of her films except for Rosemary's Baby and B.D. Rose, and I generally love Allen's movies, but I've always had bad feeling about this story.

She is very flawed, but she wasn't fucking any of her kids. He was, as a matter of record. That, combined with his affair with a 16 year old, and some stuff he wrote, like Manhattan (based on his affair with the 16 year old), is not favorable to his version of events.

I don't know if Dylan is remembering correctly - none of us ever will - but, I believe that she believes her story, and overall it doesn't look great for Woody.

by Anonymousreply 228March 1, 2021 5:22 AM

Granted, it's creepy that he was attracted to 17 and 18-year-olds (though it's not unusual or deviant). But how does one leap from an acknowledgement of that to the conclusion that he therefore must have molested a 7-year-old? R228 is doing it. The documentary does it at length, but it's not even relevant to the issue. A 17-year-old is physically, though not legally, a woman. A 7-year-old is a child. I'm Team stick to the relevant facts please.

And R228: The model said she was 17 when the affair began.

by Anonymousreply 229March 1, 2021 6:00 AM

This person seems to call bullshit on Moses' claims against Mia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 1, 2021 6:01 AM

Mia is very obviously a deeply repressed Incest Survivor who projects her trauma on to others.

by Anonymousreply 231March 1, 2021 6:07 AM

R230 Seriously? You think the opinion of the boyfriend of the cousin of whom exactly has more weight than Moses, the actual child of Woody and Mia, a person who was the there at the time of the allegation, and a respected psychiatrist. I can't even grasp what nosy Michael Whoever is trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 232March 1, 2021 6:10 AM

This Priscilla Gilman lady is grating with her methy speed of talking and upspeak.

by Anonymousreply 233March 1, 2021 6:15 AM

Woody defender love to use Moses as this "gotcha" prop.

by Anonymousreply 234March 1, 2021 6:16 AM

Known Looney Toon Carly Simon on the defense.

by Anonymousreply 235March 1, 2021 6:17 AM

Mia and her frau friends. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 236March 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Priscilla reminds me of when Mac on Always Sunny is pissed he didn’t get molested.

by Anonymousreply 237March 1, 2021 6:20 AM

I hope Woody and Soon-Yi sue and forced HBO either to pay up or to allow them to make and air their own four-part docuseries, MIA IS BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 238March 1, 2021 6:38 AM

I think that will be the test, r238. If it is all bullshit, they certainly should sue.

by Anonymousreply 239March 1, 2021 6:39 AM

Can we discuss how Mia ruined Allen’s career?

He made great movies, even when she was in them but she was always a scene killer. He was delusional to think she was a muse. Imagine if during that 80s prime time had he used different actresses. She’s his Yoko Ono.

She killed his box office too. No one has ever said “We’re going to see the new Mia Farrow movie tonight!!”

by Anonymousreply 240March 1, 2021 7:21 AM

I think she's great in BDR and Radio Days.

by Anonymousreply 241March 1, 2021 7:23 AM

R238 Woody Allen should be in jail with his good friend Harvey Weinstein.

R240 Mia Farrow didn't 'ruin' Woody Allen's career. He made his best films with Mia Farrow. Woody Allen's career post Mia has been pretty much a shit festival since with a few exceptions. Talk about poetic justice.

by Anonymousreply 242March 1, 2021 7:29 AM

Mia is just right for the part in Crimes & Misdemeanors [his best IMHO].

by Anonymousreply 243March 1, 2021 8:29 AM

Was Mia the progenitor of vocal fry, or is this just her old lady voice?

by Anonymousreply 244March 1, 2021 9:15 AM

I get being able to use short clips from Woody Allen movies under fair use laws, but how are they able to use extensive parts from Allen’s memoir, let alone his audio book recording, that they do through out this production?

by Anonymousreply 245March 1, 2021 9:23 AM

[quote]Granted, it's creepy that he was attracted to 17 and 18-year-olds (though it's not unusual or deviant)

Stacey what's-her-name was 16 and he would pick her up from high school. She's tried to say she was 17, but her age at the time of being in the movie ANNIE HALL is well established. He also had a flirtatious pen-pal relationship with Nancy Jo Sales around the same time, and she was only 13.

by Anonymousreply 246March 1, 2021 9:28 AM

R245 Allen's attorneys seem to be taking a wait & see approach until all 4 episodes have aired wrt fair use.

by Anonymousreply 247March 1, 2021 9:32 AM

Sorry, the YouTube documentary is more persuasive.

by Anonymousreply 248March 1, 2021 9:33 AM

Moses is not a "respected psychiatrist," he's not a psychiatrist at all, he is a licensed therapist and only has a Masters and CT requires a Doctorate for psychiatric licensing. And he certainly wouldn't be respected by everyone in the psychiatric community, considering how many breaches of confidentiality he's committed in his quest to defend Woody, and his specious claims about Mia Farrow that sure sound like he thinks brainwashing is an accepted clinical term, when it's really just a theory with very little evidence for its existence.

by Anonymousreply 249March 1, 2021 9:36 AM

R249 "Breaches of confidentiality"? Are you implying there was a doctor-patient relationship between him and sister when he was 12 and she was 7? Everyone else is allowed to give their account, but he's not? Moses did nothing but tell his truth, as he is entitled to do. Your mud-slinging is despicable.

by Anonymousreply 250March 1, 2021 3:23 PM

Sorry but Soon-Yi looked like a bad seed in those childhood pictures. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 251March 1, 2021 3:25 PM

For me, the one big thing Mia did wrong was not cut Woody off immediately and fully after discovering the affair.

by Anonymousreply 252March 1, 2021 3:30 PM

I may be the only one here who thinks Allen is a predator but ALSO worries about Soon-Yi. She's probably fine, but she's hitting middle age and it's common for the effects of childhood trauma and PTSD to get worse as you age.

When I heard Woody Allen make that crack about Soon-Yi in a documentary about 15 years ago or so that "she was eating out of dumpsters just a few years ago" I went from being irritated by her to worrying about her.

I don't think Mia was a very good mother, either, she was too broken from her own issues with childhood abuse and didn't seem to understand a lot of what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 253March 1, 2021 3:30 PM

poor dylan, she is legally retarded?

by Anonymousreply 254March 1, 2021 6:19 PM

Moses is more respected than the impaired dylan thats for sure.

by Anonymousreply 255March 1, 2021 6:20 PM

His worst box offices were the ones that mia was in.....she cant act her way out of a wet noodle.

by Anonymousreply 256March 1, 2021 6:21 PM

Dylan was adopted from Texas, so I assume her mother was drinking/on drugs while pregnant or she was the product of rape/incest. Kristi Groteke, Mia's babysitter, wrote in her tell-all book that the birth family stipulated she go to a "good Catholic home."

by Anonymousreply 257March 1, 2021 6:26 PM

last night's episode was not a good look for woody. he came off really poorly. and i loathe mia.

by Anonymousreply 258March 1, 2021 6:44 PM

R254 Legally? No.

by Anonymousreply 259March 1, 2021 8:42 PM

The show displays mia and dylan's mania for this, its their cause for living, the facts in the u tube doc on this/woody show how corrupt mia is.

by Anonymousreply 260March 1, 2021 8:59 PM

Well, for Mia it was either obsessing for decades over child sexual abuse allegations or adopting more children so considering the alternative it’s a win.

by Anonymousreply 261March 1, 2021 9:07 PM

i think mia is completely insufferable and mentally ill.

that being said - the fixation woody allen had on teenage girls was truly disgusting. those scenes they showed from Manhattan where Mariel Hemingway is sitting at a table with three 40 year olds having dinner and then asks Woody in bed to fuck her again and do something he's always wanted to do with other women but couldn't because they would be freaked out.... that's really sick shit.

i still don't believe he molested dylan but the teenage girl shit is nasty. and as if any teenage girl (except for the blonde model who had no family and had already been raped 4 times and then carefully groomed soon-yi) would ever lust after woody allen. give me a fucking break. as if beautiful teen girls are looking for some nebbishy gross 40 year old to fuck them. truly a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 262March 1, 2021 9:13 PM

That photo of Woody and Soon-Yi at R60 is hilarious. Look at how he's holding her hand! Look at the expressions on their faces. This is NOT a couple in love.

by Anonymousreply 263March 1, 2021 9:19 PM

"Moses is more respected than the impaired dylan thats for sure."

Sez who? You? Well, you're a moron so your opinion doesn't count for much.

by Anonymousreply 264March 1, 2021 9:25 PM

At first I thought this WAS a hit-job on Woody (and may have been "sold" to Mia as such), but after seeing two episodes I think it's backfiring and making Mia, Ronan and Dylan took terrible.

by Anonymousreply 265March 1, 2021 9:26 PM

If anybody is "retarded" it's Soon-Yi. Woody bought her a college degree but you can tell by looking at her that she's just not right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 266March 1, 2021 9:29 PM

Allen paid a heavy price for the Soon-yi affair. He had to marry her. I doubt that they have anything in common, she doesn't even like his movies. He destroyed his own legacy and once out of her teen years Soon yi was quite unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 267March 1, 2021 10:37 PM

To me it also seemed like a backlash against mia/dylan. it shows what creeps they are and relentless in wanting to bury woody.

by Anonymousreply 268March 1, 2021 10:41 PM

Woody is 85 now. Soon-Yi's already 50. Imagine if he lives to be a centenarian. Holy shit, what a lot of regrets she must have. Imagine being tied for your entire adult life to Mr. Daughterfucker. I wonder if he's fucked their daughters?

by Anonymousreply 269March 1, 2021 11:11 PM

Given his troubled history how did he ever get to adopt more children?

by Anonymousreply 270March 1, 2021 11:49 PM

^^^ I always wondered that myself.

by Anonymousreply 271March 1, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote]Holy shit, what a lot of regrets she must have.

You kidding?? KA-CHING!!

p.s. -- MIA IS BITCH

by Anonymousreply 272March 1, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] Given his troubled history how did he ever get to adopt more children?

What troubled history? He's never been found guilty of a crime--you cannot prevent someone from adopting because of mere insinuations from an unstable former girlfriend.

Add to that he's a multimillionaire, and that Soon-Yi was in her 30s when they adopted their daughters. How could they legally turn them down?

by Anonymousreply 273March 1, 2021 11:53 PM

I want to see a movie Alien Vs Farrow, where Mai Farrow has to save herself and adopted children from a deadly outer space alien, which has invaded Connecticut, something along the lines of The Quiet Place. It could really be a big revival of her career and pay off some of all these legal and investigative fees she must be continually oweing.

by Anonymousreply 274March 1, 2021 11:56 PM

One of Soon-Yi and Woody's daughters defended him a few years back on Facebook and she also supported Moses' claims.

by Anonymousreply 275March 1, 2021 11:57 PM

Has anyone pointed out that the title of this thread looks like the a reboot of “Alien”????

by Anonymousreply 276March 2, 2021 12:00 AM

This has been an interesting series so far.

Previously I believed Allen that the accusations were lies. Here Mia seems sane and there are so many examples of Allen being a complete freak with young females, although mostly in their teens

by Anonymousreply 277March 2, 2021 12:01 AM

Mia should have just stayed on message about how sick the Soon Yi situation was.

by Anonymousreply 278March 2, 2021 12:03 AM

Neither. I think Farrow is completely insane, but I also think Allen is guilty. Damaged people attract damaged people.

by Anonymousreply 279March 2, 2021 12:06 AM

You know Carly is itching for "Taylor v Simon" to come next.

by Anonymousreply 280March 2, 2021 5:45 AM

R275 Well, she would say that wouldn't she.

by Anonymousreply 281March 2, 2021 5:52 AM

'I brought soon yi with me while making a movie to show how i would alwys be there for her'.....o brother.

by Anonymousreply 282March 2, 2021 5:55 AM

Not a particular fan of Woody, nonetheless, i got tired of seein her in so many of his flix....ugh

Never a great actress her mousey ness got so tiring.

by Anonymousreply 283March 2, 2021 6:11 AM

This is like E! True Hollywood story in its late '90s prime. That is, to be taken with a grain of salt, but entertaining as hell. Those taped phone calls!

by Anonymousreply 284March 2, 2021 6:55 AM

Oh poor lil Mia....she so pissed off that her man run off with her adopted daughter that she coached her other daughter to fib bout daddy.....

But aint she pretty when photographed through a rosey gel.

Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 285March 2, 2021 7:21 AM

omg mia looks 17 in this series, she must be doing sumpin rite cause she still has the blush of a tender virgin gal.....

IS HER NECK AND FACE TAPED BACK WITH MASKING TAPE?????

BITCH IS OLD OLD OLD

by Anonymousreply 286March 2, 2021 1:57 PM

For anyone interested, here's the audiobook from Mia's memoir "What Falls Away" of the Woody/Soon-Yi/Dylan parts (there's about 20 parts!).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 3, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote]Given his troubled history how did he ever get to adopt more children?

The Connecticut prosecutor said that he shouldn't have been but it turned out the paperwork filed on Allen about his unfitness for adoption had disappeared: "according to someone close to the matter, the case file is nowhere to be found, although it would ordinarily have been marked “indicated” to signify that it merited further attention—a potential red flag in allowing someone to adopt children."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 3, 2021 4:57 AM

Woody surely was a sicko with the young gals and clearly groomed them but I think he bonked Soon Yi and left the pix out to extract himself from Mia and fatherhood in general. When Mia didn't immediately dump him after that, he had to up his game and mess with Dylan a little bit. He probably could have gotten off unscathed if it was still the 1970s of his glory days, but unfortunately the old coot found himself in the 1990s. So he ended up having to marry Soon Yi in an attempt to quiet the publicity and couldn't predict that Mia had the stamina for 30 years of retribution.

by Anonymousreply 289March 3, 2021 2:53 PM

hell hath no fury like a bitch scorned.

by Anonymousreply 290March 3, 2021 3:11 PM

It is amazing what men can get away with in this world. Fucking his very young step daughter, suspicion of sexual child abuse of a girl under 10 years old, and he gets to adopt two girls. Unreal. Photos with his adopted daughters are creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 291March 3, 2021 3:14 PM

Only on episode one but WHAT THE FUCK is with Mia's baby FETISH?

Creepy as fuck, almost as creepy as Allen.

I cracked up when she said that she didn't think anyone would want to date someone with so many kids -uh a pedophile would you stoopid cunt!

by Anonymousreply 292March 3, 2021 3:16 PM

...and it looks like Mia would be hip to that, since her brother was a pervert just like Woody.

by Anonymousreply 293March 3, 2021 3:18 PM

Well, Hilaria is moving into Mia territory with her first surrogate or adopted child.

by Anonymousreply 294March 3, 2021 3:27 PM

Farrow looks favorable so far, in this documentary. I would like to hear Allen's side of the story. Woody is really coming off very creepy and a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 295March 3, 2021 3:42 PM

R286...Mia has the most beautiful skin I've seen on someone her age...or any age.

by Anonymousreply 296March 3, 2021 3:49 PM

Don't forget Seinfeld was dating Shoshanna Lonstein at this time and that too was normalized.

by Anonymousreply 297March 3, 2021 4:04 PM

Mia's skin not so lovely in person, she photographed thru a gauze gel in this series for maximum prettyness....

by Anonymousreply 298March 3, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]Mia Beat The Crap out of Soon-Yi with a telephone after she found out about the affair

And she admits it on camera and regrets it as any person with a soul does. She's human, made a mistake and owned it. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 299March 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Part 2 was all about Mia's case, almost completely absent any Allen defense. I suspect the last installment will finally address the fact that the majority of Mia's children have admitted she coached them, and it will finally swing back to Allen's defense. They are both deplorable, but so far this has been a very unbalanced portrayal of what happened.

by Anonymousreply 300March 3, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]I suspect the last installment will finally address the fact that the majority of Mia's children have admitted she coached them, and it will finally swing back to Allen's defense. They are both deplorable, but so far this has been a very unbalanced portrayal of what happened.

You suspect? You weren't there.

by Anonymousreply 301March 3, 2021 4:45 PM

Hilaria is Mia Farrow part 2. Sick sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 302March 3, 2021 6:19 PM

quote]You suspect? You weren't there.

You know how to graph a sentence, r301? I suspect refers to what I suspect will be the topic and thrust of the last installment.

Get your head out of your infant daughter's lap and learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 303March 3, 2021 8:56 PM

Does Woody eat Soon-Yi out?

by Anonymousreply 304March 3, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote] She's human, made a mistake and owned it.

Beating your child is not a mere mistake.

by Anonymousreply 305March 3, 2021 9:46 PM

The series speaks volumes about mia and dylan's mental illnesses..

by Anonymousreply 306March 3, 2021 10:28 PM

Thanks to whoever posted Mia's reading of "What Falls Away." I've been listening while making lentil soup. I find her voice very soothing, and the stories of her life with Woody fascinating. Crazy show people.

by Anonymousreply 307March 4, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote]"Breaches of confidentiality"? Are you implying there was a doctor-patient relationship between him and sister when he was 12 and she was 7?

No.

[quote]Everyone else is allowed to give their account, but he's not? Moses did nothing but tell his truth, as he is entitled to do. Your mud-slinging is despicable.

He claimed one of his dead siblings told him that another dead sibling secretly killed herself and Mia hid it, and he claimed this without any proof. He had NO concern for any of his other siblings, he just wanted to use this rumor as part of a conspiracy theory that claims Mia "essentially killed" three of her children.

And why? If it were true, would it make Woody Allen innocent? No, of course not. Moses either lied and hurt the whole family (not to mention Lark's family and friends) just to get in a cheap shot at Mia, or he revealed something the family didn't want revealed. If Lark's family wanted to reveal her cause of death, they would have. Moses didn't care, he just wanted to blab blab blab.

That's unethical and unprofessional, especially for a licensed therapist who deals exclusively with adults who were adopted kids.

by Anonymousreply 308March 4, 2021 12:12 PM

HBO and Ronan Farrow going to get their asses handed to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 4, 2021 12:14 PM

R305 When they have been fucking your long time boyfriend I think I can understand somebody doing something like that that they normally wouldn't do. And Mia had just found the graphic pictures Woody had taken of Soon-Yi. Can't have been a pleasant experience for her at all.

by Anonymousreply 310March 4, 2021 12:30 PM

R309 It hard to tell if the quote is from the legal document or from somewhere else, but in the article there’s a sentence that calls Mia Woody’s exwife.

by Anonymousreply 311March 4, 2021 12:36 PM

Ronan really looks like Woody in the photo within that Radar article.

by Anonymousreply 312March 4, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote] Beating your child is not a mere mistake.

To be honest, under the same circumstances, I would beat my child too,

by Anonymousreply 313March 4, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] Ronan really looks like Woody in the photo within that Radar article.

Still looks way more like Frank S

by Anonymousreply 314March 4, 2021 1:23 PM

Beating your child is not a mere mistake.... what delicate flowers raised you r305? Get off your high horse. Most kids get beat at some point. I sure did. Doesn’t make it right but out of all the shit Mia did - “beating” Soon Yi with a phone is the least of it. Woody was fucking soon yi while she was still in high school. I’m sure having him fuck her was more physically uncomfortable that Mia hitting her with a landline for a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 315March 4, 2021 1:27 PM

Early Ronan pictures don't show much of a Frank Sinatra resemblance at all, R314. Look at him before the cosmetic enhancements -- he was a redhead with glasses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 4, 2021 1:57 PM

Soon-Yi was 20 years old in her senior year of high school. Mia stated in her autobiography that she repeatedly begged Woody to spend time with Soon-Yi as a teenager but he refused; when Soon-Yi was 16 and found out Mia was pregnant with Satchel she started crying and said Woody was mean and that the baby would be ugly like him. It's quite a feat to "groom" a child or even act as a "father figure" by totally ignoring her. This only changed with the 1990/1991 basketball season, when Woody started taking Soon-Yi (and some of the other kids) to Knicks games. To suggest that consensual sex with your mom's boyfriend, one of the most common gay porn set-ups to this day, would be more uncomfortable than being beaten is ludicrous. If Woody had been tall and buff DL would be flooded with posts cheering Soon-Yi on or expressing envy at her position but because he is short and scrawny, the default assumption is that such a conventionally unattractive man must have resorted to questionable if not illegal tactics to secure sex despite a glaring lack of evidence to support such a view.

by Anonymousreply 317March 4, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote]R29 This account is horrifying, yes, but also one-sided. Woody (and those who support his side) never get to explain, deny, anything, and therefore he does end up looking like a pedophile

He and his child bride were reached out to numerous times to participate. They repeatedly declined.

So...

by Anonymousreply 318March 4, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]R43 I think she was terrified of facing the real world and how she'd manage without him. he gave her a dream career.

One that did not pay particularly well.

by Anonymousreply 319March 4, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]R55 Mia collecting those kids was truly pathological. 7 kids. That’s batshit fucking CRAZY.

Farrow was 1 of 7 kids herself. So a large family is what she envisioned for herself, as well as one that believed in helping the needy.

Strange that this should be seen as a negative.

by Anonymousreply 320March 4, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote]R153 Mia Farrow is crazy. We’re talking about someone who chopped off her hair because her boyfriend didn’t take her to a party.

That’s not all that was going on. The nation seemed obsessed with her long hair, and she also wanted off that monster hit soap opera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 4, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]R163 What's to be gained from bringing all this up AGAIN

Information, validation. I guess you don’t believe in preserving history.

If the parties were dead you’d whine, “No one’s here to defend themselves so why must this be AIRED???”

by Anonymousreply 322March 4, 2021 3:32 PM

The truth is that Soon Yi’s true age is unknown. Can’t they do carbon dating on her or count rings or something?

by Anonymousreply 323March 4, 2021 3:33 PM

Given that Mia was ineffective in watching over her children, likely in part because she had so many, it seems that this was not "seen" as a negative but rather was a negative.

We know that she missed what was going on with Soon-Yi and Dylan. It sound like she missed stuff with Tam and Moses. That is what is known....

by Anonymousreply 324March 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Don’t male predators typically target single women with lots of kids and then focus on the child, usually regardless of gender, that has the most troubled relationship with the mother as the one they groom. That seems like a pattern he’s followed.

by Anonymousreply 325March 4, 2021 3:44 PM

R325, this is one piece of evidence that lands in Woody's favor. Most preditors do not wait a decade before targeting a child.

It is complicated by his relationship with Soon-Yi. But no one has ever claimed he molested any other per-pubescent child in the household. Typically a predator would have.

This does not exonerate Allen, but it would indicate that if he did it, his pathology is not typical.

by Anonymousreply 326March 4, 2021 3:51 PM

The fact that Mia let John Phillips have sex with her proves what a sick degenerate breeder bitch she is. Like her sick pedo brother, He is the one who is guilty of what she accuses Woody Allen of. She is projecting goy crimes onto a Jewish man because she is just another anti-Semitic cracker mick bitch. Alvy Singer was right in 1977 and he is even more right now.

by Anonymousreply 327March 4, 2021 3:54 PM

And all the attacks on Soon-Yi and Moses are just more cracker mick racism, not to mention the misogyny an able ism in the case of the former.

Seriously, fuck you round-eyed devils.

by Anonymousreply 328March 4, 2021 3:55 PM

And all the attacks on Soon-Yi and Moses are just more cracker mick racism, not to mention the misogyny and ableism in the case of the former.

Seriously, fuck you round-eyed devils.

by Anonymousreply 329March 4, 2021 3:57 PM

Lying goyess

by Anonymousreply 330March 4, 2021 4:02 PM

Is it Soon-YEE or Soon-e like the New York state colleges?

by Anonymousreply 331March 4, 2021 4:29 PM

They called her Soon-e in the doc

by Anonymousreply 332March 4, 2021 6:22 PM

What does Soon Yi translate into English: Tragic daughter of child obsessed small range actress?

by Anonymousreply 333March 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Mia is batshit crazy, no doubt, but I still can't believe she wasn't nominated for an Oscar for Rosemary's Baby.

by Anonymousreply 334March 4, 2021 6:42 PM

How gross that soon-Yi has to suck Woody’s dick.

Blechhhh

by Anonymousreply 335March 5, 2021 12:19 AM

Me sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka

by Anonymousreply 336March 5, 2021 12:20 AM

Some of the more eye-opening evidence presented in Allen v. Farrow are never-before-heard recordings of phone calls between Mia Farrow and Woody Allen during their ugly custody battle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 5, 2021 2:41 AM

Are these calls really "eye-opening"? They contain no evidence bearing on the allegations. I'm not sure how Mia can call anyone ruthless when she manipulated Alan Dershowitz into thinking Woody "admired" him so that Dershowitz would get involved and shake Woody down for more cash. He even admitted that before the trial Mia was willing to put the brakes on the child abuse investigation "in favor of a private settlement."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 5, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] He and his child bride were reached out to numerous times to participate. They repeatedly declined.

That's not ture. They were contacted at the end of production and given a short time to "respond". They knew it was a hatchet job at that point and rightfully declined. It still leaves it a one sided hatchet job.

by Anonymousreply 339March 5, 2021 3:53 AM

The other victim in this tawdry and traffic affair whi is rarely tasked about as such is Soobt-Yi.

She was a vulnerable abused child when Mia adopted her. Her mother used put her head in the doorway and slammed the door on it.

Woody took advantage of this child like he did with Dylan. Soon-yi did not have the maturity or the strength to say no to this powerful man.

by Anonymousreply 340March 5, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] She was a vulnerable abused child when Mia adopted her. Her mother used put her head in the doorway and slammed the door on it.

The only "source" for that is Mia. It's never been verified and Soon-Yi says she never said this nor does she have a memory of this behavior by her mother. I suspect that Soon-Yi is a lot stronger than people want her to be. She knew she wanted to get away from Mia and she accomplished that.

by Anonymousreply 341March 5, 2021 4:36 AM

Why would Allen or Soon-Yi participate in the documentary? From their point of view there's no upside to it. If they agreed to participate they would have no control over how their footage would be used in the final edit. Filmmakers can cut the footage to fit whatever theme or point of view they're putting forward.

by Anonymousreply 342March 5, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote]R339 They were contacted at the end of production and given a short time to "respond".

Allen states they were given two months (which isn’t a short time.) And since he’s a lying dirt bag, I’d say they were contacted well before that.

The producers say he never responded, which doesn’t sound like someone who wanted to be involved. If he needed more time to get his l̶i̶e̶s̶ story straight, he could have requested it.

by Anonymousreply 343March 5, 2021 5:02 AM

R340 She wasn't some innocent child, she was 20 years old. If you do the math she married Woody in 1997 when SoonYi was 27 years old. the affair was discovered in 1992. She would have been 21 or 22. She was 20 in her last year of high school probably held back early on due to language barriers.

by Anonymousreply 344March 5, 2021 5:15 AM

I think Ronan looks a lot like his Previn half-brothers, and they all look like Mia's father.

by Anonymousreply 345March 5, 2021 5:27 AM

Still Team Mia.

by Anonymousreply 346March 5, 2021 5:42 AM

Always Team Dylan.

The more I learn about this, the more convinced I am that Allen is a sexual predator. And especially that Mia was a deliberate choice because she had young Asian daughters with emotional issues that their mother shared.

And then when Mia adopted the little white girl, Allen had the opportunity to groom someone from birth.

Do you think Allen would want a woman who had her shit together? How would he able to take advantage of her? How could he continue to fool a woman like that? He needed someone damaged.

The Woody Defenders don't realize that the more they talk about Mia being "crazy," the more obvious it is that is what Allen wanted.

He and Soon Yi are still together because she's the perfect accomplice. A former victim hardened into a predator partner.

The crime is that Soon-Yi daughters with Allen have no protectors.

They sure didn't adopt any boys, did they?

by Anonymousreply 347March 5, 2021 6:14 AM

The more I learn about this the more I'm convinced Mia is a woman scorned and woody didn't abuse Dylan. I think he is an asshole for the way he left that pic for mia to find but I don't think he is a pedo. He likes them young for sure he likes them at 17 but 17 is legal in NY so what are you going to do. I think Mia has NPD. This is narcissistic rage. Mia herself started with Sinatra when she was 19. She had threesomes with one of Woody's young girlfriends. She stole Dory Previn's husband and when Andre sent her divorce papers she had a nervous breakdown and was institutionalized. During her stay, she started to write music. One of the songs she wrote was called Daddy in the attic about child abuse. A lot of people are saying Mia got the inspiration for saying Woody abused Dylan in the attic. Mia's son Moses says there wasn't an attic just a tiny crawlspace with a lot of insulation and some boxes. Not enough space for what Mia claimed to take place and no train set. She wanted to keep making movies with woody even after she accused him of child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 348March 5, 2021 7:09 AM

She also defended Roman Polansky twice after he admitted having sex with a 13-year-old. Why would you defend a known child abuser?

by Anonymousreply 349March 5, 2021 7:47 AM

Me hope Woody get COVid. Make me very rich.

by Anonymousreply 350March 5, 2021 7:48 AM

Allen was 62 when Soon-Yi married him at 27. She married him for money. She probably figured it would be her only chance to marry rich. She is not very pretty. Woody Allen is worth 140 million. She stands to gain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 351March 5, 2021 8:32 AM

Never believed Mia's bullshit for one minute. What she did to those children is child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 352March 5, 2021 8:47 AM

Does Woody pay for these “Mia is crazy” posts by the word? It’s like carpet bombs of JUST SHUT UUUUUP Mia. Sexual abusers are the boldest liars going. They are have the balls of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 353March 5, 2021 9:01 AM

Mia has the balls of Satan.

Ask her three dead kids, Moses, Soon-Yi, Dory Previn, and many others who have known her over the years.

by Anonymousreply 354March 5, 2021 9:04 AM

Woody's a weasel.

by Anonymousreply 355March 5, 2021 11:51 AM

R344, no one knows Soon-Yi's age.

by Anonymousreply 356March 5, 2021 12:36 PM

Incorrect, R356, they don't know her date of birth. Doctors figured out her age when she came to the United States.

by Anonymousreply 357March 5, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]She also defended Roman Polansky twice after he admitted having sex with a 13-year-old.

Mia did no such thing, why do you guys keep bringing this up? Every time you do someone points out that you're lying, do you think eventually someone will forget to correct you and you'll change the truth?

Mia was an eyewitness in Polanski's suit against Vanity Fair, and that's all. She didn't defend him, never has.

by Anonymousreply 358March 5, 2021 12:53 PM

Found a mistake in Part 1.

In a photo of Tony Perkins, Mia and Berry Berenson, Berry is mistakenly identified as Mia's sister Stephanie.

by Anonymousreply 359March 5, 2021 1:00 PM

This is an example of Gawker Effect

by Anonymousreply 360March 5, 2021 1:06 PM

Or do you mean the Streisand effect?

by Anonymousreply 361March 5, 2021 1:09 PM

Soon-Yi's legal birthdate is October 8, 1970. When Woody started taking her to Knicks games she was 20.

Mia absolutely defended Roman Polanski R358. The only reason she was able to testify on his behalf in the Vanity Fair libel suit was because they were eating together at Elaine's as long-time friends. That was 2005. This is her statement from Polanski's 1977 probation report: "“[He’s] a loyal friend, important to me, a distinguished director, important to the motion picture industry, and a brave and brilliant man, important to all people.” It was only in 2018(!) that Mia reached out to Polanski's victim, Samantha Geimer--in a public tweet, no less--apologizing for having defended Polanski. If Mia says she defended Polanski how can you claim otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 362March 5, 2021 1:19 PM

R362 it was an event that happened in 1969 they couldn’t have been friends for that long. She testified because she was there and could verify that what was published was incorrect right?

by Anonymousreply 363March 5, 2021 1:32 PM

Woody's good friend and longtime defender Robert Weide says that Mia submitted the "brave and brilliant" statement in 1977 after Polanski was arrested and when the attorneys were negotiating probation. I can't find the letters attached to Polanski's probation report so I don't know the context, and I don't know what was said in her statement and I'm not willing to blindly take Weide's word for it, given the lies he's told to defend Woody. Weide quotes a couple of sentences in a blog post where he's yelling at Ronan, and that's all we know about the statement.

If it's true, though, remember that Mia had no idea about Polanski's guilt at the time, because the facts of the case hadn't been revealed. There was no publicly available trial paperwork like there is now. No one had any idea of what happened except maybe the people who were there that night.

Worst case scenario here is that in 1977 Mia defended the character of a guy she erroneously thought was being blackballed, before she knew all the facts.

That doesn't make Woody Allen innocent.

by Anonymousreply 364March 5, 2021 1:59 PM

[Quote] When Woody started taking her to Knicks games she was 20.

Yeah but when did it starts between them?

[Quote] She married him for money

What other options did the young girl think she had?

by Anonymousreply 365March 5, 2021 2:26 PM

hate woody but lol to r320 - it's seen as a negative because she could not manage 7 fucking kids. she was working as an actress and dating woody allen and 7 kids is too many. many of them had special needs. how can anyone think it's fine to collect that many children?

also they talked about what a disaster her own family was - how she was forced to start working at 18 to support them instead of going to college when her alcoholic father died. and then one of her siblings became a pedo who she freely let around her dozens of children.

both mia and woody are vile. i don't know who is worse.

i feel for dylan to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 366March 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Mia made big mistakes, but it always seemed to me she meant well and walked the walk as far as being willing to adopt the neediest children. As the child of an adoptee, I guess I have a soft spot for her in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 367March 5, 2021 4:32 PM

Ultimately I think Mia has good intentions and a good heart, she's just the dangerous combination of needy and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 368March 5, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote] She also defended Roman Polansky twice after he admitted having sex with a 13-year-old. Why would you defend a known child abuser?

Polanski drugged and anally raped the girl while she begged him not to. "Having sex with" doesn't quite capture the magnitude of what that piece of shit did.

by Anonymousreply 369March 5, 2021 4:41 PM

Yeah, I know but the girl has been claiming it was consensual.

by Anonymousreply 370March 5, 2021 6:26 PM

R369, but even the victim says that the world needs to stop harassing Polanski about charges.

by Anonymousreply 371March 5, 2021 6:27 PM

"One of Soon-Yi and Woody's daughters defended him a few years back on Facebook and she also supported Moses' claims."

Really? What did she say? If she did that then then her comments must have disappeared without a trace, because whenever Woody Allen gets "defended" by anybody it's big news. And which "daughter" was it, the Asian one or the Heather Matarazzo lookalike? At any rate, this "daughter' didn't know anything about what happened. She wasn't there.

By the way, why aren't those "daughters" that he bought screaming from the rooftops about how their dear old Dad is being persecuted unjustly? They aren't saying a peep about any of it. You might think they say SOMETHING in defense of Popsy Poo.

Photos of Woody with his "daughters" are really funny. He would clutch them to him and they look like like they'd rather be any place else on the earth.

by Anonymousreply 372March 5, 2021 6:54 PM

R371, Polanski paid off his victim.

by Anonymousreply 373March 6, 2021 10:56 AM

Putting "daughters" in quotes every. single. time. pointless, and pretty tiresome, r372.

by Anonymousreply 374March 6, 2021 12:23 PM

Strange to hear Woody sounding so elderly in his narrations now. Happens to all of us, I know, but still.

by Anonymousreply 375March 7, 2021 2:52 PM

Was Woody's maid blackballed in NYC for giving Mia all the gory details of tidying up after Woody and Soon Yi's trysts?

Mia going to his apartment and asking the doorman/help for specific details of sheet changing, used condoms, and schoolgirl outfits is just odd and stalker-y.

Also, you gotta love how Mia's story involved going from Sinatra to suddenly being married to Previn, leaving out the under-handedness and backstabbing involved to make *that* union happen.

by Anonymousreply 376March 7, 2021 3:10 PM

So, what juicy tidbits are in store for tonight?

by Anonymousreply 377March 7, 2021 3:19 PM

In this series Mia describes finding the Polaroids on a table, whereas I believe in past accounts she and others have said they were on the mantle. Small detail, but has there been any clarification?

by Anonymousreply 378March 7, 2021 3:22 PM

It's small details like the desk/mantle that suggest a lie.

Mia also states that Previn left her for her best friend, which I think is untrue (she had an affair with Sven Nygaard while one location, and that finished the marriage), and is kind of an inversion of what really happened with Dory. She's beginning to remind me a lot of a borderline I once knew who took bits and pieces of real events and used them to fabricate the stories she wanted to tell.

by Anonymousreply 379March 7, 2021 5:36 PM

To be sure, the existence of the raunchy photos matters a hell of a lot more than where she found them.

by Anonymousreply 380March 7, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] By the way, why aren't those "daughters" that he bought screaming from the rooftops about how their dear old Dad is being persecuted unjustly? They aren't saying a peep about any of it. You might think they say SOMETHING in defense of Popsy Poo.

Because they’ve smartly remained mostly private people who don’t feel the need to enter a mess that happened years before either of them was born.

by Anonymousreply 381March 7, 2021 5:53 PM

Do you demand Polanski’s two twenty-something children comment in their dad’s rape of a 13 year old r372? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 382March 7, 2021 5:55 PM

Allen took raunchy photos of his girlfriend, a consenting adult. Tacky, poor taste, poor judgment to start an affair with your previous girlfriend's adopted daughter, but not a crime. Mia originally said she found them under a book on the mantel. They weren't in plain sight; she was snooping. Hence, the story changes to finding them on his desk....also snooping, I suppose, but possibly in plain sight.

There's really nothing good to say about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 383March 7, 2021 6:09 PM

R383 strongly disagree but not going to argue it.

by Anonymousreply 384March 7, 2021 7:16 PM

hey mia, you raised soon yi to be a strong independent woman, and she is....

by Anonymousreply 385March 8, 2021 1:01 AM

Mia has alwys had financial problems, was she paid by the state for adopting disabled kids?

How much did Woody pay her over the yrs?

Was she paid 2 million for this series??

by Anonymousreply 386March 8, 2021 1:20 AM

Sonny Hostin's nose looks terribly surgically altered......weird

by Anonymousreply 387March 8, 2021 1:25 AM

So obvious the kid was coached, geesh.

by Anonymousreply 388March 8, 2021 1:55 AM

What I remember is Woody was notoriously cheap with paying his actors and the expectation was they should feel honored to be in his movies and not be doing it for a big salary, despite how much he may or may not be making off them. I think he was just as stingy with Mia and used it to help undermine her self confidence and make her feel he was making an exception for her being in the movie and she should be happy she was working at all since he was only hiring her as his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 389March 8, 2021 2:07 AM

Could have been condensed into one movie, each episode is just more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 390March 8, 2021 2:17 AM

All a build up to the smoking gun, bombshell, big reveal finale. Aren't you pins & needles?

by Anonymousreply 391March 8, 2021 5:57 AM

I don’t know, I think part 3 nails Woody even more than the first two parts. The guy did it.

The psych reports, court documents, and court evidence are undeniable. GUILTY.

by Anonymousreply 392March 8, 2021 7:52 AM

The fact that Woody refused to say where he was with Dylan at the time is all you need to know. It's on tape, Mia pleads with him to tell her where they were and he won't answer.

by Anonymousreply 393March 8, 2021 9:31 AM

Seriously, R393? Is the clip online anywhere yet, do you know?

by Anonymousreply 394March 8, 2021 9:43 AM

[quote] Tacky, poor taste, poor judgment to start an affair with your previous girlfriend's adopted daughter, but not a crime.

Not a crime, but Mia wasn't his previous girlfriend, she was still his girlfriend, and Soon-Yi was his side piece.

His side piece was also the adopted sister of his two children.

by Anonymousreply 395March 8, 2021 9:44 AM

Also, R383, she said the photos were under a box of Kleenex previously, so not snooping so much as needing a tissue. It's in the Vanity Fair articles and others as well, easy to find in a search.

But she did say it was on the mantle before, though I don't think forgetting 30 years later whether it was on the mantle or the desk next the fireplace is a huge deal.

by Anonymousreply 396March 8, 2021 9:46 AM

The phone calls with Woody are useless because both of them are taping the calls. Mia comes off as actressy and overly dramatic and Woody barely speaks. I’m still team Woody. Bitch came after him and he went after her. What would you do if you were accused of something this heinous? Sit back and let yourself be destroyed?

by Anonymousreply 397March 8, 2021 11:41 AM

R395 Soon-Yi was adopted sister of THREE of his children. But at the end of the day even sister of one child is just as bad.

Just watched season 3 which had some information I don't recall ever hearing about before but it is still leaving out so much. Doesn't change my view that Woody Allen is a first rate sleaze but the Farrows need to move of for their own mental health well being.

by Anonymousreply 398March 8, 2021 12:15 PM

Episode 3 was an improvement. But it seems like the timeline was fudged a bit--but because they are vague on dates it is hard to know.

The show is useless. The interviews provide little or no info that was not in the public record. All they do is emotionalize the presentation.

Why not do a documentary and then ask Farrow and Allen to respond afterward? Because it would be less of a soap opera then.

by Anonymousreply 399March 8, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote] What would you do if you were accused of something this heinous? Sit back and let yourself be destroyed?

Sure, but he kept contacting Dylan even when she asked him not to, he never said anything like "I know it must be hard for my kids to understand why I slept with their adopted sister and I hope we can be a family again in the future," he's been attacking Dylan and Ronan in the press and using their brother Moses to do it, plus having his friends like Robert Wiede and Wallace Shawn publicly attack Ronan and Dylan for him.

That's not just defending yourself, that's going on the attack and hurting your kids and your family out of anger.

by Anonymousreply 400March 8, 2021 12:39 PM

Woody Allen is filthy rich. He has rich and powerful friends. He has done and will do whatever it takes to make him look gooe.

Soon-Yi is the big. She will be sol wealthy there won't be any need or inclination to write a 'tell all' of her sham marriage to Woody.

by Anonymousreply 401March 8, 2021 12:46 PM

r401 Sticky keyboard? Or are you having a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 402March 8, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote] Polanski paid off his victim.

Whatever works

by Anonymousreply 403March 8, 2021 12:58 PM

Woody is just a wackadoo. It was agreed that he had a weird obsession with Dylan. What his abuse that day a one time thing or a recurring thing?

by Anonymousreply 404March 8, 2021 12:59 PM

We don’t know the whole story and never will. Whatever happened Mia is the villain because she won’t let it go.

by Anonymousreply 405March 8, 2021 1:02 PM

I don't have a clue who's lying and who's not, but I can't imagine any mother who believes her boyfriend molested their child and then had sex with another of her underage daughters would ever be able to "let it go."

by Anonymousreply 406March 8, 2021 1:07 PM

I think the reason Mia is the "villain" is that her role is not great no matter what you think.

If Woody did it, then she turned a blind eye to signals that something was wrong.

If Woody did not do it, she is a liar.

Woody is only the "villain" in one of the two scenarios. Barring unforeseen events, there will always be room for doubt with him. And for Mia, doubt only leads to another negative possibility.

by Anonymousreply 407March 8, 2021 1:07 PM

It's weird.....Mia looks great and her sister Tisa - who is younger - looks like Granny Clampitt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 8, 2021 1:57 PM

ALIEN VS FARROW

by Anonymousreply 409March 8, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] It was agreed that he had a weird obsession with Dylan.

Completely established thru facts that he was obsessed with her and not in a good fatherly way. He was all over her, always touching,

With the exception of the kids he had with Soon-Yi, there re no shots of him holding any other child but Dylan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 8, 2021 2:06 PM

still not a crime, r395.

by Anonymousreply 411March 8, 2021 2:09 PM

Even assuming that the absence of photographs is dispositive of anything, r410, what other children should he have held?

Noting the caption in your attachment, Dylan described a dim, closet-like space--that space is now described by everyone as a crawl-space. Very different, and neither likely to house an electric train set. There's just too much wrong with these narratives.

by Anonymousreply 412March 8, 2021 2:17 PM

Mia don't look great. Stretched skin is not great.

by Anonymousreply 413March 8, 2021 2:19 PM

Episode 3 was strong. I believe he did it. I'm unclear WHY he did it since he doesn't seem to have a history of pedophilia and usually that's not a one-time thing... but there was no reason for the NYC children's services worker or his supervisor to lie and the validator from Yale told that worker that she believed Dylan. Also several other social workers all seemed to find her credible. The one outlier was the Yale guy who seemed to completely go against protocol releasing the report to both parents and holding a press conference instead of working with the state prosecutor. Unclear why Yale pulled that shit.

What a mess. Nasty he put his finger in both holes.

Ronan was a cute little kid in the home movies they keep showing.

by Anonymousreply 414March 8, 2021 2:52 PM

I already said his relationship with Soon-Yi wasn't a crime r411, but you got some facts wrong and I was correcting them.

by Anonymousreply 415March 8, 2021 2:53 PM

R410 I remember looking at that photo when it came out and thinking, wow, they have it all.

by Anonymousreply 416March 8, 2021 3:15 PM

Clampett not Clampitt - but nobody noticed anyway.

by Anonymousreply 417March 8, 2021 3:46 PM

For me, it felt like Mia was probably going to take Woody back after the Soon-Yi affair. She still hadn't made that final break with him. He didn't want to break up with Mia in the first place and of all the options that he had when it was clear they weren't getting back together, claiming true love and marrying Soon-Yi was the least bad look. We see it all the time when celebrity men are caught/not forgiven by their spouse. Forgiving him for that would've been fucked up for numerous reasons but she wanted to keep her career. So why change her mind and go scorched-earth a few months later via Dylan? Yeah, she was still furious and humiliated, but it doesn't make much sense. Not because she had such good intentions, but from a career POV.

by Anonymousreply 418March 8, 2021 4:00 PM

I do not think Mia looks good, R408. She looks like she has had fillers and surgery. But even with them she looks like a granny wearing her favorite wig from the 70s.

Her sister is just heavier, but the weight makes her look less "worked on" than Mia.

Fillers and face-lifts always end up making you look older.

by Anonymousreply 419March 8, 2021 4:16 PM

What is the Farrow clan’s goal with all this? Why doesn’t Dylan bring a civil suit against him?

by Anonymousreply 420March 8, 2021 4:28 PM

I used to believe Woody because of the official conclusions of the Yale doctors.

But the last episode really made me doubt those.

by Anonymousreply 421March 8, 2021 4:37 PM

I desperately want an ALIEN V. FARROW movie.

In Connecticut, No One Can Hear You Scream.

by Anonymousreply 422March 8, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] We don’t know the whole story and never will. Whatever happened Mia is the villain because she won’t let it go.

How does one "let go" of one's child being abused?

by Anonymousreply 423March 8, 2021 4:38 PM

My favorite member of this wacky clan is the much ostracized Wood-Yi.

Remember when he appeared on Howard Stern's show and told Bai Ling that his "DNA tastes like duck sauce"?

by Anonymousreply 424March 8, 2021 4:40 PM

R423, maybe you ask the perpetrator to go into therapy and express the desire to work with him again.

by Anonymousreply 425March 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Howard used to have a field day with “Poppa Woody.”

by Anonymousreply 426March 8, 2021 4:44 PM

"I would strangle 50 endangered pandas just to get a look at your fortune cookie."

by Anonymousreply 427March 8, 2021 4:48 PM

"Will you unzip my pants and pull me around like a rickshaw?"

by Anonymousreply 428March 8, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]Even assuming that the absence of photographs is dispositive of anything, [R410], what other children should he have held?

Well, Satchel (now Ronan) who is being held by Mia in the photo, who happens to be his natural born son but he is obsessed with adopted Dylan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 8, 2021 4:50 PM

Howard: "What's the toughest part of having sex with young girls?"

Wood-Yi: "Putting the diaper back on."

by Anonymousreply 430March 8, 2021 4:51 PM

Are the Wood-Yi jokes taken from Allen's racist "What's Up, Tiger Lily"? They almost sound like it.

by Anonymousreply 431March 8, 2021 4:52 PM

"Will you do my laundry after I bukkake on you?

by Anonymousreply 432March 8, 2021 4:54 PM

Unless Allen has his own rebuttal answer to this documentary...this sure as hell doesn't make him look good. I'm more on Farrow's side on this. I don't know how this could be defended by Allen. I didn't really pay too much attention to this, when all this happened. Both sides, in their own way didn't look good to me. This is very damaging for Woody.

by Anonymousreply 433March 8, 2021 7:28 PM

If you believe your child was molested and spend the next 30 years focused on destroying the person who did it instead of focusing on your child and getting her the help she needs then you’re a shit parent. How has any of this helped Dylan? You don’t have to let it go but you can still help your child have a happy life.

by Anonymousreply 434March 8, 2021 7:29 PM

Agreed..^^

by Anonymousreply 435March 8, 2021 7:41 PM

After watching Allen lust after Mariel Hemingway in Manhattan, I realized he was a creep. And then he went and adopted a couple of kids with Soon-Yi. Look at the girl who looks like Dylan in the photo. Her body language is so defensive -- how he's pulling her into him and she's crossing her arms. Once a pedo, always a pedo. He's disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Woody’s like some mafia boss getting the investigations in Connecticut and NYC squashed or used to support his innocence.

by Anonymousreply 437March 8, 2021 8:47 PM

Whatever your thoughts on allens guilt or innocence,Dylan doesn't seem to be less distressed by staying in the spotlight. Whether she was molested or has been led to believe that she was, surely Mia can see this. It reminds me slightly of the Daisy Coleman case. Non-stop publicity including a Netflix special and look how that ended.The older generations were too repressed about discussing these things but maybe we've gone too far in the opposite direction. If their end game was to make Allen a pariah to work with, they have already succeeded. Making Allen their sole obssession in life will do more damage than good.

by Anonymousreply 438March 8, 2021 9:04 PM

Very similar to what trump would do. That is what struck me in the last episode...the way Allen tried to use elaborate PR to smear Farrow, and sway supposedly legimate agencies (Yale child abuse investigators)....discounting Dylan's inverviews and losing all their notes. All his lawyers, too...not surprising. No matter who the person is...if they have enough money, clout and fame, they play very dirty and have no guilt about it. They are cold and calculating. The tapes of the phone conversations between Farrow and Allen showed how he is cold and unfeeling, in his replies to her pleading questions.

by Anonymousreply 439March 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Mia's son with Andrea Previn got FAT.

by Anonymousreply 440March 8, 2021 9:05 PM

*interviews^

by Anonymousreply 441March 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Team Vivian Vance!

Here she is with Woody Allen and Lou Jacobi in rehearsal for Allen’s first Broadway play, “Don’t Drink the Water”. Vance was replaced by Kay Medford by the time the show opened on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 8, 2021 9:10 PM

Holy cow..great find! ^^

by Anonymousreply 443March 8, 2021 9:12 PM

R442 Did Woody molest Vivian too? Maybe just some rough fingering?

by Anonymousreply 444March 8, 2021 9:15 PM

Love that R442 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 445March 8, 2021 9:16 PM

r434 i think she did get dylan help. were you there? do you know what she did?

i am guessing it's a hard pill to swallow that your father stuck his finger in your vagina and your anus and you were interviewed by authorities about it for a year and found credible by all of them except one perv at yale and nothing ever came of it and your father kept making movies and was celebrated by hollywood and adopted 2 more daughters with you sister who he fucked, etc.

i started this show hating mia and thinking dylan was lying but after last night's episode..... fuck woody. i hope this puts the final nail in his coffin.

by Anonymousreply 446March 8, 2021 9:39 PM

I thought that Woody probably did it (though we could never know), but listening to those phone calls I am thinking more Mia concocted. His vocal demeaner seems calm and even solicitous. She sounds so cold because she overplays the wrong emotions.

But I guess we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 447March 8, 2021 9:57 PM

At first I thought the filmmakers were slanting everything to Mia’s side but after three episodes I realize they don’t have to slant anything. The black and white evidence supports her telling the truth. Where they might be shading is in the way the phone tapes are edited. After everything I’ve seen I believe Dylan and Mia.

by Anonymousreply 448March 8, 2021 10:04 PM

R418

I thought she found out that he hadn't broken things off with Soon-Yi, and the accusation happened a few days later.

Does anyone have a relatively unbiased timeline of events? Everything is getting muddled by the Farrows' selective storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 449March 8, 2021 10:12 PM

To the Woody fans, don't you think it a bit suspicious that ALL the notes of the therapists Woody hired were destroyed? Even the DA couldn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 450March 8, 2021 10:23 PM

Only one more episode. I can't wait to find out who wins!

by Anonymousreply 451March 8, 2021 10:39 PM

Yes Yale failing to work with the state prosecutor was bullshit. Instead breaking protocol and releasing the reports to both parents and holding a press conference? Wtf was that?

by Anonymousreply 452March 8, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote]His vocal demeaner seems calm and even solicitous. She sounds so cold because she overplays the wrong emotions.

I thought he sounded stone cold and almost sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 453March 8, 2021 11:01 PM

I was intrigued by the child molestation investigator who got canned, then later rehired. The way he tossed off "I believe the kid, ok?" to reporters.

by Anonymousreply 454March 8, 2021 11:41 PM

R453, he sounds like a real person not like an actor playing a situation.

Why am I thinking of Lindy Chamberlain? Honestly, this is not even something to consider when forming an opinion. Judging someone because they are not displaying what you consider an appropriate emotion is a sure path to error.

by Anonymousreply 455March 9, 2021 3:47 AM

R453 I agree, but I figured out a long time ago that real life Woody Allen was much colder than his movie persona. Actually I think the biggest acting con you can pull off it’s not Streep like multiple accents, but convincingly playing a more likable version of yourself (Woody Allen, Charlie sheen) and doing so for decades.

That said, both parties were taping these calls so we can’t read TOO much into it (trust me if they didn’t know every other word would be an expletive and the conversations would be a lot less controlled). Both allen and farrow came across the way they wanted to be seen in those calls.

by Anonymousreply 456March 9, 2021 4:14 AM

R448, you're a gullible dupe. HBO lost a lawsuit to Michael Jackson's estate on a documentary based on a lie while making a deal with the director of a movie that glorifies pederasty and reinforced stereotypes of Jews as sexual predators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 9, 2021 4:36 AM

Some schlub could make a more convincing case for Woody in less than three hours than HBO could for Mia with a whole fucking mini-series. Yellow journalism, man-bashing, and crypto-racism at its worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 9, 2021 4:38 AM

Allen did it. Zero doubt.

by Anonymousreply 459March 9, 2021 4:51 AM

“man-bashing”

Lol

by Anonymousreply 460March 9, 2021 5:11 AM

The third episode is really damning. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 461March 9, 2021 5:17 AM

R453 I agree, especially when he said, regarding the charges against her, “And I’m gonna make them stick.”

A chill traveled up my spine.

by Anonymousreply 462March 9, 2021 5:20 AM

With Six You Get Soon-Yi.

by Anonymousreply 463March 9, 2021 5:21 AM

HBO lied yet again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 9, 2021 5:30 AM

Please, R464, save us the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 465March 9, 2021 5:41 AM

Moses trashing Mia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466March 9, 2021 6:41 AM

So it turns out Woody Allen never laid a finger on Dylan. He laid two fingers on her - or more accurately in her. What a pedo/perv.

by Anonymousreply 467March 9, 2021 6:45 AM

Is Part 4 even necessary? What is there left to say?

by Anonymousreply 468March 9, 2021 6:48 AM

R468 Closed Captioned TV from the attic.

by Anonymousreply 469March 9, 2021 7:44 AM

I see Moses is getting in on the victim train!

by Anonymousreply 470March 9, 2021 8:07 AM

I wish they still did those rough hand made looking short animated videos on SNL, because they could do a nice one of Alien vs. Farrow with Woody like a ten story Godzilla, doing his schtick as he destroys Manhattan and hunts down Farrow. Perhaps those South Park boys could do something?

by Anonymousreply 471March 9, 2021 8:15 AM

R470 I show him good.

by Anonymousreply 472March 9, 2021 8:16 AM

That would be your R436 reading of the image. I see two girls who are reacting negatively to the rude and provocative comment of a paparazzo meant to elicit a response, while their father attempts to comfort them. The daughter on the right is clearly giving an angry look to the photographer. Neither is resisting the hug, one even on her toes to receive it. If there were any claims of inappropriate behavior with these daughters I'm sure that it would have surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 473March 9, 2021 8:59 AM

It's funny that the Woody trolls aren't merely repeating what that "Woody Allen Lynched" blog says, they're now just flat-out linking to it.

That blog has a ton of mistakes and lies on it. A friend of a friend on Twitter did the "I've done all the research, this Lynched blog is more accurate than the old NYT archives" and got so upset when people started pointing out the obvious errors that he deleted his account for a week. But that stupid Twitter drama inadvertently lead me to the place where most of the crazy Woody defender talking points are collected.

by Anonymousreply 474March 9, 2021 9:07 AM

R462..I heard that and that struck me, too. It was stone cold the way he said that.

by Anonymousreply 475March 9, 2021 11:31 AM

Moses is cute. I'd totally finger him.

by Anonymousreply 476March 9, 2021 12:28 PM

R466 That should’ve been a 2-3 minute video, tops.

Also, it looks like Mia has a little bit of the “Mommie Dearest” in her. DL should love her!

by Anonymousreply 477March 9, 2021 12:58 PM

I"m surprised that Moses sounds so coherent in those videos. From the show, it seems like he's severely autistic

by Anonymousreply 478March 9, 2021 1:20 PM

Moses is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 479March 9, 2021 1:32 PM

Moses supposes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 9, 2021 1:57 PM

That other Moses may have parted the Red Sea but I'd much rather see this Moses part the yellow ass cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 481March 9, 2021 2:48 PM

R460 would have made a great pharoah in Egypt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482March 9, 2021 2:55 PM

All the attacks on Soon-Yi are rooted in the racist misogynistic stereotype of the passive submissive Asian housewife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 9, 2021 2:56 PM

Lying washed-up aryan bitch is just projecting her brother's guilt onto her ex-boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 9, 2021 3:00 PM

He's in the attic! He's in the attic!

by Anonymousreply 485March 9, 2021 3:03 PM

R484 You are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 486March 9, 2021 3:25 PM

I've probably already posted this, but I remember encountering Woody and Soon-Yi on Madison Avenue one morning around 1993, after the scandal broke. She looked like the college girl she was, wearing a little sleeveless mini-dress. They were holding hands and politely fending off a fan. It was like that scene from Annie Hall: "Hey, it's ALVY SINGER!"

A few years later I spotted Woody crossing Park Avenue, this time with a retinue of kids and nannies. I was struck by the look of utter misery on his face, which surely meant nothing – after all, it was Woody Allen, happy and carefree ain't his bag.

I never did run into Mia, but I remember one day a friend telling us how he had, and what an intense stare she'd given him with those big eyes of hers. He happened at the time to be a beautiful blond gay, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 487March 9, 2021 4:24 PM

It was established that adopted Moses was obsessed with having a Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 488March 10, 2021 1:54 AM

True R488

by Anonymousreply 489March 10, 2021 1:56 AM

Why did Woody never mold Soon Yi in to an actress considering both parents were in the business? And why did he not start integrating Asian actresses into his films as love interests? So much of his art followed life, but then didn’t?

by Anonymousreply 490March 10, 2021 3:19 AM

R486: You are gullible and racist.

by Anonymousreply 491March 10, 2021 3:49 AM

I've posted this before. About four years ago, I had an odd Sunday morning meeting at a fancy little bistro in Beverly Hills. As I was leaving (must have been around 10am), I walked up Canon (I think. Maybe Roxbury? Or Bedford?) and literally ran into Woody Allen and Soon Yi.

From my vantage point? Those two oddballs were 100% in love. Cuddling as they walked. Giggling. Completely obvious to me, even when we were inches apart. That isn't normal behavior for celebs. I would have assumed it was some publicity stunt if there had been any other human around. But there wasn't. Just the two of them and me.

I remember calling my partner because he's a Woody Allen fan. I LOATHE Allen and find his movies utterly ridiculous fantasies for ugly men who want hot chicks. But he loves Soon Yi. Nobody will now tell me otherwise.

No idea if he diddled Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 492March 10, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote]R490 Why did Woody never mold Soon Yi in to an actress considering both parents were in the business? And why did he not start integrating Asian actresses into his films as love interests? So much of his art followed life, but then didn’t?

I think he just got stuck with her. He only declared they were star crossed lovers after the affair was found out.

He had to marry her so she wouldn’t turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 493March 10, 2021 7:41 AM

R491 You are Matt Anscher.

by Anonymousreply 494March 10, 2021 8:07 AM

Why didn't Woody mold Soon-Yi to a screenwriter?

Or a producer?

Or a publicist?

Why didn't he start making films about wrongly accused innocent people?

Why do people post stupid crap on DL?

by Anonymousreply 495March 10, 2021 12:05 PM

He really did nothing to create a space for Soon Yi, I’m not one to want to see her as damaged or not intellectually gifted, but it does beg to wonder if perhaps she is just as simple as had been hinted.

by Anonymousreply 496March 10, 2021 12:13 PM

What I don't understand is how somebody with his baggage with children got to adopt two young girls.

The only answer I can come up with is power and money - they can buy ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 497March 10, 2021 12:23 PM

R496, I expect after his relationship with Mia ended Allen had had enough of actresses, who are not typically down-to-earth people.

Also many men from Allen’s generation are conservative and don’t want a wife who would compete with them. These men want a caregiver/helpmate willing to stay in the background or confine themselves to the domestic front.

by Anonymousreply 498March 10, 2021 12:28 PM

Woody Allen only married Soon-Yi to keep her quiet. They have been together for 30 years because he has no choice. She will inherit most if not all of his estate and in exchange she will remain silent and loyal to her grave.

She was only meant to be a fling but they got found out and everything spiralled out of control. Anyway, he has been way past fucking around for at least a decade or more by now.

by Anonymousreply 499March 10, 2021 12:42 PM

Woody has been playing the long grif with Soon Yi, got to be impressed by that.

by Anonymousreply 500March 10, 2021 12:46 PM

Why did I think Soon-Yi went to Yale?

According to Wikipedia, she went to Marymount in Manhattan

by Anonymousreply 501March 10, 2021 12:51 PM

I saw them a few months ago on the upper east side. He looked like an old man and seemed pissy. She looked exactly like she does in photos and looked more like a caretaker. With no context I might have assumed she was someone paid to take walks with him.... which I guess in a way she is?

by Anonymousreply 502March 10, 2021 1:29 PM

Woody should have sent her to nursing school so that he could save money in his old age with her looking after him.

by Anonymousreply 503March 10, 2021 1:38 PM

“Why did Woody never mold Soon Yi in to an actress considering both parents were in the business? ”

Because she has a face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 504March 10, 2021 1:49 PM

In one of the articles posted around here, someone (a former friend of Woody's, I think) said they saw the glamour shots of Soon-Yi from 1991 or so when she wanted to be an actress, and said they were impressed at how nice she looked.

by Anonymousreply 505March 10, 2021 1:51 PM

She's not exactly Einstein herself

by Anonymousreply 506March 10, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote] He really did nothing to create a space for Soon Yi

When you're married to a multi-millionaire, what space do you need exactly?

by Anonymousreply 507March 10, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote] Woody Allen only married Soon-Yi to keep her quiet.

Perhaps they’ve been together longer than 30 years...

by Anonymousreply 508March 10, 2021 2:31 PM

^^ He painted himself into a corner. Can you imagine the kind of book SHE could write, if she wanted to??

by Anonymousreply 509March 10, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote]R505 In one of the articles posted around here, someone (a former friend of Woody's, I think) said they saw the glamour shots of Soon-Yi from 1991

“Glamour shots”? Is that what they call nude photos with your legs spread, now?

by Anonymousreply 510March 10, 2021 2:41 PM

Just admit you Mia-worshiping bigoted deplorable frautrash hate Woody Allen more than you care about keeping children safe from harm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 10, 2021 3:00 PM

r501, she went to Marymount for high school (not the same as Marymount Manhattan college); I thought she went to Drew Univ. in New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 512March 10, 2021 3:21 PM

Mia Farrow is similar to Julie Andrews in the sense that neither of them would have worked again in Hollywood after a certain point if they hadn't married or shacked up with directors.

by Anonymousreply 513March 10, 2021 3:28 PM

R509 Exactly. I have a feeling their “affair” began when she was prepubescent.

by Anonymousreply 514March 10, 2021 3:33 PM

How did the far less talented Audrey Hepburn get around that?

by Anonymousreply 515March 10, 2021 3:34 PM

R511 Matt, your slip is increasingly showing. Go disparage Jessica Lange in one of your “I hate that hag’s breathy, horny, sexy ways” rants.

Better yet, take a pill, dear.

by Anonymousreply 516March 10, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote]R513 Mia Farrow is similar to Julie Andrews in the sense that neither of them would have worked again in Hollywood after a certain point if they hadn't married or shacked up with directors.

Mia was working on Broadway when they met. And she had done DEATH ON THE NILE not long before.

She was always going to be a selective actress, anyway... just making enough to support her family.

by Anonymousreply 517March 10, 2021 4:00 PM

This whole Woody-Mia-Dylan story is, by now, completely POINTLESS. He's 85, hasn't made a good movie in at least 30 years, and truthfully is not exactly an "important" film maker, he's just kind of idiosyncratic in his work habits. Mia gets nothing out of this, Dylan gets nothing out of this, it's just a 30-year vendetta over a comparatively insignificant allegation. Woody is rich beyond belief, and too old to give a damn about anything; his reputation is as tainted by this story as it is ever going to be. Even if the story is true (which I don't believe), it is a great big NOTHING-burger.

by Anonymousreply 518March 10, 2021 4:03 PM

That made me laugh R510, but he meant the actual professional glamour shots, I guess she got them taken around the time she was an extra in one of Woody's movies.

by Anonymousreply 519March 10, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]a comparatively insignificant allegation

Jesus Christ, the allegation is that he stuck his fingers into her vagina when she was 7. What the fuck?

[quote] Woody is rich beyond belief, and too old to give a damn about anything

He sure keeps giving a lot of damns about this for someone who doesn't "give a damn" about "this nothingburger."

by Anonymousreply 520March 10, 2021 4:07 PM

Who are you to say “Mia gets nothing out of this, Dylan gets nothing out of this,” R518? There is something called closure.

And I don’t care that this righteous, self-entitled bastard is 85; let him squirm. He has already gotten away with his atrocities; the least he can do is pay in the court of public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 521March 10, 2021 4:07 PM

He did nothing. Woody can take all those motherfuckers back to court for libel and slander if he chooses to, and Soon-Yi could also file separate suits for trying to make her look like a willing participant in abuse.

White people and gentiles are depraved.

by Anonymousreply 522March 10, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]He's 85, hasn't made a good movie in at least 30 years,

You see? Mia ruined him.

by Anonymousreply 523March 10, 2021 4:15 PM

The entire Farrow KLAN should go to jail for perpetuating this racist hoax.

by Anonymousreply 524March 10, 2021 4:16 PM

It happened 30 years ago. One incident, allegedly. It's all been trotted out over and over before. It's over. There is nothing left. It's insignificant now and there wasn't much to it, to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 525March 10, 2021 4:17 PM

You’re on a roll, Matt, R5220. People like you are the ones that are depraved.

by Anonymousreply 526March 10, 2021 4:19 PM

HBO should be shut down for this. I hope they get bankrupted in court. I hope Woody and Soon-Yi end up billionaires after the settlement is over and that bitch Mia dies broke and homeless like she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 527March 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Won't someone please shit in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 528March 10, 2021 4:20 PM

Man, I don't even know what has to have gone wrong in your life for you to say that a man sticking his fingers into a 7yo girl "just once" is "insignificant." That is fucked up beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 529March 10, 2021 4:22 PM

It looks like bashing Mia and the victim gets Matt horny.

by Anonymousreply 530March 10, 2021 4:23 PM

Woody and Soon-Yi are the victims here, racist goy R530.

by Anonymousreply 531March 10, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote]Mia was working on Broadway when they met.

Julie Andrews did Broadway, too. She trashed her voice going back to it with that drag king show she was in. Just because you actually did Broadway doesn't mean you were any good in the show you were in.

[quote]And she had done DEATH ON THE NILE not long before.

Starring Angela Lansbury, who turned down a role that went to Julie Andrews for which she won a thoroughly undeserved Oscar and set in motion the decline and fall of the American movie musical. Meanwhile, Lansbury had to leave the US to get her daughter away from the same people who killed Sharon Tate because she was married to the director of [italic]Rosemary's Baby[/italic].

I stand by my analogy. Mia Farrow is a terrible actress, a liar, a hypocrite, and an enabler of pedophiles. Woody Allen is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 532March 10, 2021 4:26 PM

R531 Oh, Matt, you never disappoint. Your self-projection is staggering, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 533March 10, 2021 4:26 PM

On the other hand, Roman Polanski is guilty as sin and Mia never wavered in her support of him just like she never wavered in her support of her pedo brother.

R533, shut your racist goy ass the fuck up. You're projecting Mia's guilt onto Woody and your delusions, stupidity, and outright racism onto me like a typical white gentile oppressor class scumbag. Woody is innocent. Mia is a pedo enabler. I bet she probably touched a few of those kids inappropriately herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 10, 2021 4:28 PM

You should be required by law to work for Woody Allen to get into the union.

by Anonymousreply 535March 10, 2021 4:28 PM

Hey, Matt, let me push over the edge of your fury with someone else you hate...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 10, 2021 4:29 PM

That lying cracker mick bitch has been coaching her children to lie because she's just another vindictive aryan whore. She abused Soon-Yi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 10, 2021 4:29 PM

R534 Suck on these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 10, 2021 4:30 PM

Hey R536, die in a fucking Holocaust along with the rest of you Woody-hating cracker racist parasites.

by Anonymousreply 539March 10, 2021 4:30 PM

Get raped, R538, for defending a liar who let pedos commit PIV-rape inside her skanky stanky pussy.

by Anonymousreply 540March 10, 2021 4:31 PM

Jewish Lives Matter

Gentile LIES don't

by Anonymousreply 541March 10, 2021 4:32 PM

"And she had done DEATH ON THE NILE not long before.

Starring Angela Lansbury, who turned down a role that went to Julie Andrews for which she won a thoroughly undeserved Oscar and set in motion the decline and fall of the American movie musical. Meanwhile, Lansbury had to leave the US to get her daughter away from the same people who killed Sharon Tate because she was married to the director of Rosemary's Baby."

Your time lines are all over the place, R532.

by Anonymousreply 542March 10, 2021 4:32 PM

That a boy, Matt. Let it all - your real putrid and disgusting self - hang out.

by Anonymousreply 543March 10, 2021 4:33 PM

Get bashed by Black men, cracker racist R543. Mia Farrow can't act and she can't lie convincingly.

Woody is innocent. Polanski is guilty. She defends a guilty man to attack an innocent man. She is complicit in abuse, you motherfucking racist cracker piece of shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544March 10, 2021 4:34 PM

It that Matt Gaetz person you’re going on about?

by Anonymousreply 545March 10, 2021 4:34 PM

The bitch literally treats her adopted nonwhite children like slaves.

by Anonymousreply 546March 10, 2021 4:35 PM

R532, Mia was brilliant in "Rosemary's Baby".

by Anonymousreply 547March 10, 2021 4:35 PM

That movie was overrated trash made by a pedo rapist. Cancel Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 548March 10, 2021 4:36 PM

R545 Matt Anscher. Do a DL search.

by Anonymousreply 549March 10, 2021 4:36 PM

The Mansons should have killed her instead of Sharon Tate.

by Anonymousreply 550March 10, 2021 4:37 PM

Death to antisemites.

Death to racists.

Death to misogynists.

The attacks on Woody and Soon-Yi Allen are all three.

by Anonymousreply 551March 10, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] Why doesn’t Dylan bring a civil suit against him?

The charge would be statutory rape, but there's a statute of limitations on rape.

by Anonymousreply 552March 10, 2021 4:37 PM

Anyone who accuses Woody Allen of pedophilia is a pedophile themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553March 10, 2021 4:39 PM

"Rape" is a racist slur invented by racist white bitches to demonize Black and Jewish men while depriving gay men of consent as well.

by Anonymousreply 554March 10, 2021 4:40 PM

You fucking micks did nothing to help stop Hitler so you are enablers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 10, 2021 4:40 PM

This was the show the bitch was in when they met. How generic a title can you fucking get? I'm not surprised it's never revived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556March 10, 2021 4:42 PM

I want to watch one of my favorite Woody Allen movies: Manhattan Murder Mystery, but now my partner won't let me!

by Anonymousreply 557March 10, 2021 4:44 PM

R557 is a racist pedo like all of Woody's accusers.

by Anonymousreply 558March 10, 2021 4:45 PM

I will now watch ANY Woody Allen movie EXCEPT the ones that fucking BITCH Mia fucking Farrow RUINED! Shut up you lying aryan WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 559March 10, 2021 4:45 PM

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 560March 10, 2021 4:47 PM

He also used to go by "Attmay," r545. He was one of our anti-trans trolls for years, the guy who always used the word "jenn-durr." Turned out he used that same word all over the internet, posting with his real name and linking to his own Facebook. He spends all day spamming websites and cannot possibly have a job, he simply has no time for it.

by Anonymousreply 561March 10, 2021 4:47 PM

You know Mia is nothing but a lying bitch and that she coached Dylan to lie. Moses is telling the truth. So is Soon-Yi. So is Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 562March 10, 2021 4:49 PM

"*nt*-tr*ns" is breeder male hate speech that means "shut up f@gg0t/d¥ke"

by Anonymousreply 563March 10, 2021 4:49 PM

Mia Farrow's brother is a pedophile.

Mia Farrow defended Roman Polanski despite the fact that he is guilty.

Mia Farrow let daughter-fucker John Phillips commit PIV-rape in her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 564March 10, 2021 4:50 PM

Woody is innocent and anyone who says otherwise is both a racist and a pedo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 10, 2021 4:51 PM

HBO lied again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 10, 2021 4:52 PM

HBO has a long history of making shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 10, 2021 4:53 PM

And all this time I thought Pinocchio was on The Disney Channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568March 10, 2021 4:53 PM

Even the pro-child p0rn ACLU sued them:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 10, 2021 4:54 PM

If Woody Allen did anything wrong, then all heterosexuality is morally wrong.

by Anonymousreply 570March 10, 2021 4:55 PM

I just gave it a 10 on IMDb. Best. Documentary. EVER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 10, 2021 4:59 PM

Catholic priests rape more children in a day than Woody has raped in his entire life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 10, 2021 5:01 PM

I do wonder why no one at Mediapolis has even noticed Matt, who has been on a bender for days, and keeps saying things about "cracker micks" and other racist comments, telling gays to "get bashed," etc. At some point you'd think three full days of racist slurs and death threats would engender SOME kind of response.

by Anonymousreply 573March 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Because it's not racist when racists are the target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 10, 2021 5:02 PM

Racist white gay men will always be complicit in advancing white supremacy and this thread is proof positive. Woody Allen is innocent and you're a racist pedo if you disagree. He took a polygraph test and passed. He never even went to trial. He did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 575March 10, 2021 5:03 PM

Everyone accusing Woody of being a pedo is a pedo in addition to being a racist:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 10, 2021 5:03 PM

I could also report you to the FBI for this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 10, 2021 5:04 PM

Stay away from children, you sick aryan perverts. Especially children of color. The bicycle episode of [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic] was right: white men are to blame for the abuse of Black children.

by Anonymousreply 578March 10, 2021 5:05 PM

Welp this thread...devolved. rather quickly.

*Slowly backs away*

by Anonymousreply 579March 10, 2021 5:05 PM

Guess you're going to have to cancel both [italic]Seinfeld[/italic] and [italic]Curb Your Enthusiasm[/italic].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 10, 2021 5:06 PM

Since Matt's gonna spam this thread until it closes, a reminder that we have another good thread going on this documentary, here's the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 10, 2021 5:07 PM

HBO is racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 10, 2021 5:07 PM

Dooby dooby doo…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 10, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]I stand by my analogy. Mia Farrow is a terrible actress...

She did a lot of classical theater (such as Chekhov) in London, and even Woody Allen, after the fact, acknowledges Farrow is a very gifted actress, one who can “actually become other people.”

She does have a trademark wispy style, but she also played different types, like the gun moll in BROADWAY DANNY ROSE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 10, 2021 5:12 PM

At least Woody was not the one still holding a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 585March 10, 2021 5:13 PM

If the T gets their way, it will be a moot point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 10, 2021 5:15 PM

The same horrific crimes Woody Allen and Michael Jackson were accused of are the same crimes they still accuse gay men of to this day. For gay men to give in to mob mentality like this is utterly unconscionable.

by Anonymousreply 587March 10, 2021 5:16 PM

^^ you’re weird

by Anonymousreply 588March 10, 2021 5:56 PM

Who knew Woody had so much time on his hands that he posts so often on this thread

by Anonymousreply 589March 10, 2021 6:44 PM

Did Sissy Spacek basically steal Mia’s career by just being a few years younger and holding on to her looks longer?

by Anonymousreply 590March 10, 2021 6:56 PM

I feel like Woody Allen is too easily dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 591March 10, 2021 6:59 PM

It is obvious that Matt is a racist - he believes those of Jewish descent are superior to all races - and might even have pedophilic tendencies, considering how adamant and vociferous he is in his defense of a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 592March 10, 2021 6:59 PM

People say that Mia can't let it go but neither has Woody. How else do you explain Blue Jasmine and Wonder Wheel? He's made Mia is Bitch its own subgenre in his filmography, along with the murder theses and the May-December romances.

by Anonymousreply 593March 10, 2021 7:21 PM

LAWD!

This queen has some major issues.

Get a gander at her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594March 10, 2021 9:02 PM

Blue Jasmine is literally Woody Allen taking Streetcar, stripping it of sex, giving everyone stupid names, and then superimposing his own battles with Mia on it. There's even a whole plot point in there about kids changing their names. Plus, he was essentially trolling Ronan by signing up with the same publisher.

It's odd to see people insist Mia should let this go when Woody clearly hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 595March 11, 2021 3:25 AM

Damn wtf are these last 100 replies about? Talk about a thread that “went down the shitter.”

Also didn’t the late Philip Roth live next door to Mia in CT? She always used to post pictures of them on Twitter. He had about the same moral compass as Woody Allen so she clearly never learned.

by Anonymousreply 596March 11, 2021 4:09 AM

Jasmine is Mia, from her love of Martha’s Vineyard to her compulsive lying (duping Peter Sarsgaard) to her inability to cope with losing the fancy lifestyle she had through her father and various husbands/partners. I don’t know if Moses had yet reconciled with woody in 2013, but jasmine’s son turning against her probably referred to that development as well. It’s the most direct reference to the break up with Mia since Kirstie Alley’s rant in Deconstructing Harry, which was a send up of Philip Roth, Mia’s then-squeeze.

Allen wasn’t “trolling” Ronan, they each had book contracts with separate imprints owned by the same multinational conglomerate. Ronan using his celebrity to censor Allen’s book while selling himself as seeker of the truth was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 597March 11, 2021 4:13 AM

In case anyone is interested, the idiot at R566-R569 has no idea what he's talking about.

The Jackson Estate is not claiming HBO "lied" or slandered him, they are claiming violation of a non disparagement contract they signed with Jackson years before. Basically, the Estate is saying the documentary makes Jackson look really bad and HBO promised never to do that.

The litigious fools who sued Last Week Tonight LOST. And the ACLU filed a brief in *support* of LWT, they did not sue HBO. The sports company that sued "Real Sports" also LOST.

I mean holy shit there is stupid and then there is STUPID. R569, do you even know how to read your own links???

by Anonymousreply 598March 11, 2021 4:34 AM

They were lovers for some period of time, r596

by Anonymousreply 599March 11, 2021 1:22 PM

R599 Didn't she read my book?

by Anonymousreply 600March 11, 2021 1:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!