Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This is how it should have been. In the movies Harry doesn't have green eyes like his mother.

I wish they would changed this because it keeps bugging me. He looks just like his father, James, with messy black hair, but he has his mother's green eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 7:09 PM

That being said, I still think it was a poor attempt as it was such a major plot point. They had the cgi skills to create Voldemort, the myriad of mythical creatures such as dragons and dementors, and create a castle using cgi, yet they can't edit the eyes of one character on the film? I know he's present in more scenes than most of the mythical creatures, but I still find it a poor effort.

In addition, a simple solution would have been to cast lily's actress (both young and old) as someone with the same coloured eyes as Dan, so even if they weren't both green as stated in the books, at least if they were the same colour, the so often repeated line 'you have your mother's eyes' would be valid.

(yes, I'm definitely over this issue after more than ten years of the films ;).

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Grow up you tragic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 10:24 AM

Lol I thought you were talking about Prince Harry, his mother Diana's "green" eyes, and his father James Hewitt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 11:04 AM

Gen Z is right.

Millennials really are obsessed with Harry Potter.

How tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 11:05 AM

This bugged me so much.. So for ten years.. We have been told that Harry's eyes are like her mother's... FINE .. Dan's eyes are blue, not green, ITS OK.. as long as lily's eyes are blue too... Adult lily are blue... But little lily are brown? WHAT? I mean this is a mega production, the crew has spent millions in special effects, sets, make up, costumes, etc.. But they cant buy some effing blue contacts?! Really WHAT? Even Alan Rickman had to use black contacts to be seen more sinister or some shit like that!

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 11:13 AM

I know the answer to this one.

Lily has green cat-eyes, therefore so does Harry.

They did buy green contacts for exactly this reason, but Daniel Radcliffe had so much trouble tolerating them that they eventually discarded them. He was only quite a small kid when they started, remember.

Sadly, he was not the actor Vivien Leigh was, who was able to convince the public she had green eyes even though they were grey-blue.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2021 11:25 AM

OP is probably one of those, ‘Hermione is BLACK because she has BIG BUSHY HAIR’ people.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 12:02 PM

r7 ?

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 12:47 PM

I'm one of the rare millennials who isn't into HP. I attempted to read the (terribly-written) books but just couldn't get into them. The main characters (especially Harry and Hermione) were completely unlikable as well

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!