Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry and Meghan out!

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 19, 2021 12:24 AM

OP is worse than Kim Philby!

....for not showing a current photo of Megs cradling her alleged "baby bump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2021 12:48 PM

Congratulations! You appear to have crossed the finish line first!

Well, it is what we've all been expecting, it's also what we've all known from the get-go, and kudos to the Palace for getting the announcement out before the interview.

In fact, the Harkles probably wanted it out before the interview, as well, so they can say what they like because there is nothing left the BRF can do to them.

It's also clear that the Queen is not, as I predicted, going to take their titles.

It is annoying that the Queen still feels it necessary to put in that "much loved members of the family" bullshit when we all know they aren't much loved by anyone, with the possible exception of Charles, who naturally still loves his son.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2021 12:50 PM

In fairness also being discussed as part of the Meghan does Oprah thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Poor Meghan... her star really is on the descent if even we barely react. I thought there'd be twenty duplicate threads by now.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2021 12:54 PM

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh my god!!! No more royal patron of the National Theatre now!!! hahahahahahahaha

Just leave, sMEG, you are frigging exhausting!!! I don't want to see you clutching your second bump in the news every day!!!

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2021 1:15 PM

The sceptred isle has lost its most glittering ginger jewel. And his wife too.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2021 1:22 PM

So Oprah has adopted them. Hope she knows what she's getting in to!

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2021 1:31 PM

R6 - That sceptered isle is breathing a sigh of relief.

The Harkles' archly self-regarding response is typical. Meghan couldn't stand doing the minimum "duty of service to the UK' whilst there as a senior working royal, never mind now.

It's transparently face-saving and petulant.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2021 1:53 PM

Meghan was patron of the National Theatre? That's just insulting.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2021 2:28 PM

Look. This simply means nothing very much. Harry is still and forever a Prince of the Blood. You better believe that Yorkies are lurking to grab a title o two. And Patronages which require work also may include an allowance. So some $$$ will change hands even though we might not hear of it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2021 3:07 PM

I grew up in Carpinteria, right next to Montecito. My parents enrolled me in the Montecito Country Club tennis program for boys. I became friends with one of the other boys, and his mom, sitting in the driver seat of their car, asked me where I lived so that we could set up a play date. I said, "Carpinteria" and without a word, she closed the window in my face and drove off! That's my Montecito story - that's the kind of place where they live.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2021 3:07 PM

Who did not see this coming? And blame him as much as her. I actually feel sorry for the Queen, her husband, and Prince Charles. The Palace's statement says it all:

" it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service."

The Queen, her husband, Prince Charles, and the rest of them have devoted their lives to public service. These two are cashing in on their Royal status. Nothing more now than a celebrity couple with unearned wealth and undeserved privilege.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2021 3:17 PM

R1- I absolutely refuse to look at pictures of her, especially pregnant. That bizzare, cringe inducing rubbing of her stomach was almost public masterbation. 🤢🤢🤢

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2021 3:21 PM

I would take sunny Montecito and Oprah any day over dreary London and that awful Princess Michael and her brooch collection.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2021 3:21 PM

What a shame to see Royalty sold out to Hollywood to be chewed up a spit out. They're nothing more a than Carnie-people now. I mean if they had any talent it would be another story, but they'll just be used as 'amusing celebrities' all the while being trumped up as "Royal' since its all they have going for them, and even that is a joke at this point. They are carnival people now ... step right up ladies and gentlemen and see the lady with two heads!

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2021 3:22 PM

R15- Excellent description of what they have become. Carnie barkers and two-bit street hustlers. Boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2021 3:25 PM

I'm a paid member of the National Theatre and had no idea she had that patronage. That's how insignificant they are here in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2021 3:47 PM

I will only respect Harry if he renounces his Dukedom and British citizenship and becomes a U.S. citizen as Henry (Harry) Mountbatten-Windsor.

Till then he is someone I shall ignore, as well as his family.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2021 3:53 PM

Maybe she's just really tired of having to wear those tacky hats all the time.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2021 3:59 PM

Does this officially make Harry "Eurotrash"?

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2021 4:27 PM

Her Majesty should demote the Duke to an Earl.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2021 4:32 PM

How is any of this a surprise - it's exactly what they said they wanted to do a year ago. Why did it even take this long, and why is it really news?

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2021 4:35 PM

The same 3 weirdos here on DL discuss this topic. No one else cares.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2021 4:36 PM

Haghan are kind of right, though. "Service" is not a thing limited to QEII and her offspring living in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2021 4:37 PM

He already is the Earl of Dumbarton. Haha

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2021 4:40 PM

No more of this Sussex bullshit.

Stand on your surname, not you're title, Mr. Universal Service.

You're in the United States of America now. We fought a revolution get rid of you lot.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2021 4:41 PM

I declare Archewell Services (Shilling) Inc

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Archewell Universal Services Inc

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2021 4:47 PM

The Duke of Windsor and That Woman did it with more class and style, although the end will be much the same.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2021 4:58 PM

The whole "service is universal" dig thing was actually an extremely sophisticated counter attack. They must have hired new representation because I have never seen anything that effective from their handlers before.

Well done.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2021 4:58 PM

I think Harry is upset about losing his military patronages but Meghan couldn't care less. Objectively speaking they have a great life. She won her lawsuit (cue Lifetime Movie music), they live on an estate, they have a darling son and another baby on the way and the Spotify and Netflix contracts. Oprah is their fairy godmother. Meghan inserted herself into the Biden election, they did a bunch of zooms and position papers on the need for a kinder, gentler internet and she became an object of sympathy for writing about her miscarriage. She has a large Black following and while a vocal minority hate her and her twit husband, most of the country is neutral toward her and just ignore her. She is protected from any criticism by loyal fans, like the troll on her payroll, who try to equate bashing her with racism. If they don't fuck up bigtime, they've got it made.

I wish them luck and will be very happy if I never have to listen to the bullshit she spews again.

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2021 4:59 PM

[quote]I would take sunny Montecito and Oprah any day over dreary London and that awful Princess Michael and her brooch collection.

Peasant!

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2021 5:05 PM

And yet it took the Queen forever to cut off pedophile Prince Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2021 5:09 PM

R14 hasn't been to London since 1957.

by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2021 5:13 PM

Can the Queen strip them of their titles?

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2021 5:15 PM

She can take away HRH and Prince/Princess. The peerages, I don't think can be take away.

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2021 5:18 PM

"Service is universal" is a brilliant, backhanded way of stating that the Monarchy is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2021 5:20 PM

If they had any class the line would have been 'we hope to serve going forward in our own way...'

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2021 5:21 PM

Lèse-majesté

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote]The whole "service is universal" dig thing was actually an extremely sophisticated counter attack.

However the message is totally lost in the hubris that they manufacture just by being their tiresome selves - so moot point.

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2021 5:22 PM

Where's the Klan Granny trolls? This thread is five hours old and it hasn't gone gray yet.

Are they on the early bedpan shift?

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]Can the Queen strip them of their titles?

[quote]She can take away HRH and Prince/Princess. The peerages, I don't think can be take away.

She's left that delicious moment for William. A dish best served cold.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2021 5:25 PM

The whole thing is sad.

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2021 5:26 PM

What's Harry going to do after they divorce?

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2021 5:26 PM

“They were careless people, Tom and Daisy- they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.”

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2021 5:27 PM

From now on I'm calling them Tom and Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2021 5:28 PM

R44... I wonder. I feel sorry for him, I do, because I think he is so much like his mother in the worst ways, which makes him very vulnerable to his own impulsiveness and to manipulation by others. She goes through people like a Lawnboy over the yard... that's established... so when she's done with him, there he is, half a world away from everything with his two children settled there... he's stuck and fucked. I do feel sorry for him, a little. I don't think it's in his nature to be what he's become.

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]What's Harry going to do after they divorce?

That's easy. King Charles re-instates everything for Harry with the stroke of a pen, and the nightmare is never spoken of again. Back to full Royal life with a new wife.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2021 5:31 PM

So the half-black American is out of the royal family, which is what the bigoted trolls wanted. So I’m sure that’s it from them, no more tedious trolling of this couple to bore us anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2021 5:35 PM

R14 is a fool. I've lived in San Francisco, Seattle, Cape Town, and London, all fantastic places - but nothing quite compares to London. Paris is romantic but a hole. But if you haven't seen the world outside whatever little hovel you reside in I doubt you'll get much of a chance in future. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2021 5:37 PM

The "service" statement makes Harry/Meghan look childish. It's obvious the Queen meant a life of being a pubic servant rather than what they are pursuing which is life as private citizens. They have zero class or intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2021 5:48 PM

Jolly good, R45!

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2021 5:55 PM

Again or still?

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2021 6:05 PM

We've known Harry has been out since that picture of him licking his friends nipple. No wonder the Queen is so angry. One of her grandchildren being gay will not be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2021 6:08 PM

maybe Harry thinks the Royal fam killed his mother?

And he's waited years to make his move?

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2021 6:10 PM

Jeez, can't you fucking Brits find your own forum to post this shit? Americans could not care less about your Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2021 6:11 PM

R56 You're wrong. These threads aren't British people. British people couldn't give two shits about these two. It's all obsessed Americans with no actual idea about what royalty entails or what they do. I've heard more mention of Harry and Meghan on DL than I ever have in any way in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2021 6:17 PM

Actually, R57, I'm not American.

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2021 6:19 PM

They are paid to post. It's Andrews birthday today. The BRF did their On this day Something something years ago the queen gave birth etc etc and got absolute shit in the comments. People were commenting that Andrew is a Pedo etc. The UK tabloids then blanket their front pages with Anti Sussex crap. Sites like Dlisted CDAN, etc then put up a post. That post is full with paid trolls. Trolls then push articles like the DM on all blind sites. No one is talking about Andrew now are they ? Go to Dlisted. Notice how rabid some of the comments are. This only happens on anti Sussex posts. Because they are troll comments.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]British people couldn't give two shits about these two

Which is interesting because I think that at least Harry should care because when his mother died, the British people really loved him (felt empathy for him). He has squandered all of that.

Additionally, his temper tantrum has come at a bad time. The UK is struggling to figure out Brexit. His being a petulant child is not wanted. He could have quietly removed himself from Royal life without being a jerk about it.

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2021 6:22 PM

Good riddance to extremely ungrateful baggage. The only thing that gives them even a nugget of value is that Harry is a member of the British Royal Family. Taking a swipe at their relevancy is ungrateful as well as just plain daft.

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2021 6:31 PM

Why is anyone amazed at this announcement? No one in their right mind could think Harry was permanently going back to England as a full-time Senior Working Royal.

All of this mess was hashed-out and decided months ago.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2021 6:32 PM

It’s only a partial win for decency since the marriage has not been annulled.

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2021 6:33 PM

Have a heart, please. What was an upwardly thrusting go-go girl supposed to do? She had snagged her prince and was told that she had to live in Frogmore Cottage for her trouble, FFS: this cottage was formerly workers' accommodation. If the BRF had been smart, they would have let Haz acquire a long lease on Frogmore House - it's still under the LHR flightpath, but it is a decent royal residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2021 6:34 PM

Can you spot the Sunshine Sachs intern?

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2021 6:37 PM

R62 no one is amazed. It's purely distraction trolling. Trolling threads have a pattern. It's really easy to spot them. R65. And that is a classic. I am a regular poster. Now start in on me. Push me off the thread or do the other thing. Abandon the thread then list multiple Brf threads. On those threads post your comments. Like I said. Trolling is easy to spot.

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2021 6:40 PM

R30 and R37 are right. The fans will absolutely love that haughty, virtuous clapback. Plays to the global community angle as well. Very cunty of course. Boy, would I like to be a fly on William’s wall right now. He’s the one whose feelings and reaction I’m interested in. He seems to be trying to make the best of a job he didn’t really want, and now these two are effectively undermining him. He may wish he didn’t have to be monarch, but surely he doesn’t want to see the whole thing blown up by an actress.

by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2021 6:42 PM

I think I need a drink.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Nobody I know likes them. Useless, dumb cunts. Racist Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Frogmore COTTAGE ?!?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2021 6:45 PM

The deeds to Montecito are in the bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] That's easy. King Charles re-instates everything for Harry with the stroke of a pen, and the nightmare is never spoken of again. Back to full Royal life with a new wife.

I know you don’t want to admit it but it looks like they are actually in love.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2021 6:54 PM

If Harry had a bit more spine, he could have insisted that they relocate to Botswana which is a pretty cool place from what I’ve read. He could’ve worked and fund raised for Sentabale. Meghan could’ve worked in programs for the kids there. There would be plenty of opportunities to fly elsewhere for symposiums, fundraisers, UN stuff. The goodwill would’ve been astronomical. Plus they wouldn’t be Just Talk, they’d actually appear to be Doing Something. They would’ve had a *very* good life.

But no, Meghan was heeding the siren call of Hollywood. Harry tagged along because at least the weather is good. But what’s a fellow to do all day when he’s used to someone telling him where to be and what to say all his life? I actually have some sympathy for MM , it’s no fun to be married to a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]I actually have some sympathy for MM , it’s no fun to be married to a dummy.

Don't worry, that won't last much longer. After she drops the "spare" I give it less than five years.

by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2021 7:15 PM

R37 Not so irrelevant that they didn't want to hang onto the cachet of royal patronages, eh?

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2021 7:58 PM

Harry is an accomplice, not a victim. She may be in the driver's seat, but he's riding shotgun telling her to go faster

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2021 8:00 PM

I think he's more Stockholm syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2021 8:01 PM

He's too stupid to think for himself. He will never divorce her, that would mean admitting he made the wrong choice.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2021 8:04 PM

I don't want to see them divorce.

I don't want the family destroyed.

I don't want them "winning" in California by being tacky B list celebrities.

This is such a bummer. No matter where you come from, it's wrong to "clap back" at your GRANDMOTHER and its arrogant to fight the QUEEN OF ENGLAND.

This is embarrassing for California.

by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2021 8:09 PM

I would have thought at this late stage that California was beyond embarrassment for all sorts of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2021 8:13 PM

Oh, spare us with the "brilliant" riposte about "service is universal".

It isn't. The public service that goes with a lifetime as a senior member of the British Royal Family involves doing all the boring shit that Meghan didn't want to do. She put in exactly 78 days' worth of work, and what she REALLY wanted was a few high-profile cherry-picked "royal" patronages in which she represented the very Sovereign she kicked in the teeth, whilst monetising what that Sovereign gave her in sunny California - dropping in a few times a year to keep her foot in the royal pool.

That's the old Have My Cake And Eat It Too that the Queen told them from the get-go was not a possibility. Now, they pretend to be shocked, SHOCKED! that HM isn't going to play ball and let them cherry-pick their favourite "public service" roles whilst the rest do all the heavy lifting.

They're both rude, crude, ruthless, ungrateful, disingenuous, and petulant.

Meghan had no intention of carrying out real "public service" - you think she and Harry gave a shit about going to care homes, and bending down to talk to pensioners, and touring factories in Yorkshire?

Not - the London hot spots and something high-profile like the National Theatre, THAT was what Meghan wanted.

She hated Britain, she hated the restrictions that senior working royals must live under if they are to represent the nation as a whole and not just the London Luvvies and the Wokesters they agree with, she hated William and Kate for outranking her, she hated the Queen for not making her 7th in line kid an HRH, and she hated not being able to do EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED THE WAY SHE WANTED TO DO IT.

She's a piece of trash and that graceless, petulant, Why Cant' We Have It OUR Way?! response was disgusting.

She'd be a faded 40 year old D-List actress if it weren't for the Queen letting her in.

Oh, boo-hoooooooooooooooooo,. the old bitch didn't let me have my half-in, half-out cake, whilst leaving the Wessexes, the Wales, and the Cambridges to do all the rest!!!!!

Meghan is strictly a What Have You Done For Me Lately bitch. Every relationship is transactional for her.

Public service means doing the stuff you don't like, not just the stuff that appeals to you, and the Queen knows more about public service toward her job and her country than Meghan ever has or ever will.

Faugh. Britain is well rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2021 9:23 PM

^*Oh, and I forgot to add that Meghan hated the five-bedroom house she was gifted on the beautiful Frogmore Estate, the three million she was given to renovate it to her own tastes, with selections from one of the world's premiere private art collection on the walls.

Did I mention the million bucks worth of clothes, the nannies, the chefs, the limos, the private planes, the jet-set people who never gave her the time of day until she married the dumber than a box of rocks 12 year old dressed up in a grown man's suit? The house she lives in now with 16 bathrooms, nine bedrooms, a huge swimming pool, and a guest house, all because she married up so brilliantly?

by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2021 9:27 PM

R78 - Perhaps not, but when the day comes that Meghan no longer needs him for wealth and celebrity, she'll divorce him without a backward glance.

All her relationships are transactional. One day, Harry Windsor will find that out when it's too late.

She ghosted her family, his family, Britain, and any friends who didn't play by the rules. Her first white husband got her the job on Suits, her second white husband got her the celebrity she craved, and when she needs to move on, she will.

Meghan is like the shark that has to keep moving or it dies.

by Anonymousreply 83February 19, 2021 9:31 PM

Where next for Meghan? Onassis is dead. Teslaman? Warren Buffett?

by Anonymousreply 84February 19, 2021 9:39 PM

Elon Musk. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 85February 19, 2021 9:47 PM

Once Harry and Meghan build their careers they'll make peace with the Royal Family - but on their terms.

This sort of homecoming happens more often than not. It happened to me.

They have kids so it is even more likely that this will happen.

by Anonymousreply 86February 19, 2021 9:50 PM

Believe it when I see it. Harry yes, her, no. I can not see that happening. Jmo

by Anonymousreply 87February 19, 2021 9:56 PM

Here is part of Camilla Tominey’s article for the Telegraph (paywalled, ugh) that tears the Sussexes “Service is Universal” screed to pieces:

As Friday's Buckingham Palace statement succinctly put it: "In stepping away from the work of the Royal Family, it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service."

Part of the problem is that the Sussexes do not seem to understand what public service actually is. As a California-born former actress, Meghan can arguably be forgiven for this – but it somewhat beggars belief that Harry, a blood-born prince who grew up in the Firm, agreed to respond to the statement with the line: "We can all live a life of service. Service is universal."

Not only is it deeply disrespectful to engage in this sort of last word freakery with the Queen, but I also do not think the 94-year-old monarch, who has devoted her whole life to duty, needs to be lectured on service by anyone, not least when her 99-year-old husband remains in hospital.

Of course all royal engagements are self-promotional to a certain extent, but there is a big difference between acts that serve others and self-serving acts.

In recent months, as the world has tried to get to grips with the coronavirus pandemic, there has been a growing sense that while the Royals have attempted to point the spotlight at the work of others, the Sussexes have increasingly tried to shine it on themselves.

The royals have tried to hold a national conversation – exemplified by the Queen's "We'll Meet Again" speech – while, over in their £11 million Santa Barbara mansion, Harry and Meghan appear to have largely been in conversation with themselves.

As with their desire for a have cake and eat it royal role, they have insisted upon having both unprecedented privacy and maximum publicity. And while they have endlessly carped about the media, the Windsors have continued to keep calm and carry on.

So while it is undoubtedly highly commendable that Harry and Meghan want to continue with their charity work, philanthropy is not, and never has been, the same as public service.

Similarly, it should be remembered that Archewell, their fundraising arm, is a non-profit organisation and not a charity like, for instance, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Royal Foundation or Prince Charles' Prince's Trust. This is an important distinction that few have made, since charities are subject to far more stringent rules on how money is spent than non-profits.

The other elephant that has remained in the room since the couple left for the US is the central role that money has played in their decision-making.

They are perfectly entitled, as they have done, to seek financial independence – and it has already proved a highly successful strategy, with megabucks deals with the likes of Netflix, Spotify and now, presumably, Oprah, in the bag.

But why have they spent the last 12 months desperately trying to disguise the fact they have swapped duty for dollars?

Service, my ass. Tominey is spot on when she declares that public service is not the same as the “philanthropy“ the Sussexes wish to do and not to forget that Archewell isn’t a charity, but a non-profit. Huge difference, particularly when it comes to dipping their fingers in the cookie jar.

by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2021 9:59 PM

Archewell (Cookie Jars) (Delaware) Inc

by Anonymousreply 89February 19, 2021 10:03 PM

R88- Finally! They have been called on their phoney charity act and hypocrisy. The only charity they help is their selves. It is way beyond time reporters made this public. Thank you for sharing that with us. 🙂

by Anonymousreply 90February 19, 2021 10:13 PM

Here's some sweet tea from Royal Reporter Chris Ship, who obviously had a mole or contact at ITV.

Can you imagine, after those two bastards blindsided the Queen about their grand exit as well as a host of other ruthless shit they pulled, they are INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE that news of the Oprah interview was leaked BEFORE they'd concluded their negotiations with the Queen re their royal patronages, the military appointments, etc.??!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 19, 2021 10:29 PM

So what does Netflix have to say about the Sussexes taking their tell-all to CBS?

by Anonymousreply 92February 19, 2021 10:51 PM

R92- Oh! Very good question. I do not think NF has paid much, if anything. What have they produced for NF? Have I missed something?

by Anonymousreply 93February 19, 2021 10:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2021 10:53 PM

And this is the best bit of Moir's column, summing up the Sussex's hypocrisy perfectly:

". . . . It is no secret that Harry and Meghan were once so desperate to flee the deprivations and imagined horrors of royal life they didn’t even have the decency to alert the Queen to their escape plans.

Yet it remains fascinating that despite the growing disdain they now seem to harbour for the House of Windsor, they have never been quite appalled enough to consider giving up being a Duke and a Duchess.

If the Sussexes really wanted to carve out a progressive new role for themselves, surely the encumbrance of these ancient royal titles would have been the first thing to be ditched, in favour of the sunny, Californian, linked-not-ranked meritocracy that they claim to love and admire so much?"

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2021 11:01 PM

It seems like this all started when they were booted from Kensington Palace for Frogmore Cottage. From a palace to a cottage was not what MM had in mind. I don’t blame her. They’d have to drag me kicking and screaming from KP.

by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Prince Michael of Kent are names you will often hear mentioned.

Why would anyone want to drag the Kents into this? Prince Michael was never going to sit on the throne, he's too far down the line. I don't think he has ever been considered an actual "working royal" has he?

by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2021 11:27 PM

It's hard to use logic when trying to figure these two out r95. But one thing is certain - they're not clever enough to hide their greed, arrogance, and sense of entitlement. Harry can't escape the royal coddling cultural mindset he grew up in - and besides, the rapidly fading royal "cachet" is all he's got at the end of the day. The 'Son of Princess Diana' well-worn epithet is not nearly as effective (and remunerative) as plugging into BRF's vast treasure trove of "titles and honours" which must make the loss of their current and remaining patronages deeply worrying for them. I've said it before, these two are primarily tactical in focus, and don't have a strategic bone in either of their heads.

Hubris is the word that comes to mind when I think of this hapless couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2021 11:29 PM

On another website I saw them referred to as Woko Ono and The Grand Duke of Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] you think she and Harry gave a shit about going to care homes, and bending down to talk to pensioners, and touring factories in Yorkshire?

I think he did, yes. And then she started manipulating him.

by Anonymousreply 100February 19, 2021 11:46 PM

“ when the day comes that Meghan no longer needs him for wealth and celebrity, she'll divorce him without a backward glance....”

I’m not sure she’s ever going to be in that position. Certainly if she lines up another chump with more money, she’ll regretfully dump Harry, “we’ve grown apart”. But otherwise she’s just not charismatic, gifted, creative, or inspirational. Striving only gets you so far and there are plenty of other people who are younger and more talented. Her fridge magnet philosophy and Instagram influencer lifestyle has a lot of online competition . The only unique selling point she has is ‘married to an ex prince.’ Once they divorce, she’ll be ‘former wife of an ex prince’ and her brief few months as a member of BRF will hardly count.

California is a community property state, right? So even if the Netflix etc deals pan out, a divorce means Harry gets half. Something tells me that Meghan would never be content with half. It would not be enough. It will never be enough.

by Anonymousreply 101February 19, 2021 11:48 PM

R80 I doubt it, least of all on their terms. The RF doesn't give f.a. about Meghan or Harry's kids. The RF calls the shots, not Harry and assuredly not Meghan. They're outcast after that appalling insult to the Queen, comparing a few self-serving photo ops and Zoom calls over one year with the Queen's 70 years of daily service to her country.

After the Queen dies, Charles may reopen the door slightly. But if you think William and Kate. The future of the monarchy, will ever let bygones be bygones, think again.

Think King George VI and Queen Elizabeth toward the Duke and Duchess of Windsor over those following decades.

by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2021 12:34 AM

Well! He's certainly bought Meg's victim act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2021 1:03 AM

R50. I grew up between NY and LA, and then went to grad school in London, lived in Berlin and Madrid, as well as Brazil and Nigeria and Egypt. Sod off you old fool, London is a dreary place.

I do like Hampton Palace.

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2021 1:12 AM

[quote]The whole "service is universal" dig thing was actually an extremely sophisticated counter attack. They must have hired new representation because I have never seen anything that effective from their handlers before.

FFS. Effective? Bullshit. It was petty, snotty, and ungracious to the max. As was explained upthread, anyone can do philanthropy and charity work, but true public service is not what these two spoiled dolts are up for.

The Queen's statement could have been better worded. It should have stated, "...in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service AS I HAVE LED". That clarifies what she meant: if you're not fully in the BRF and have bought into the sacrificial aspects that come along with all the privilege, for one's lifetime. Not half in, half out as the had wanted.

Even if you disagree with TQ and her stance - obviously these two don't - you say thanks, we'll be on our way, we'll be fine, but thank you for the opportunity. Who the fu*k does Meghan (and it was her statement, no mistake) think she is, to retort to the 94 year old head-of-state like that? Her husband's elderly grandmother, who just two years ago spent MILLIONS on a lavish wedding for them? And paid for their lavish post-nuptial lifestyle with all that privilege? While the rest of the world struggles with COVID, job loss, and a poor economic outlook. It boggles.

by Anonymousreply 105February 20, 2021 1:24 AM

Megan continues to dig her own grave, as The DL said she would.

by Anonymousreply 106February 20, 2021 1:41 AM

As of this moment, I think the scales have tipped in favor of the Sussexes, who now seem to be winning the P.R. war with the Queen's people. They are just sort of living their best lives, proving everyone wrong about whether they can earn a living on their own terms, suing the notoriously-difficult to sue British press and WINNING, having new babies, sitting down with Oprah for a cozy chat (and you just know Oprah is going to create a whole hagiography for them and everything).

Meanwhile, the palace is doing what exactly? Sending out bitchy tweets?

I am back on Team Sussex folks.

by Anonymousreply 107February 20, 2021 1:44 AM

'I would take sunny Montecito and Oprah any day over dreary London and that awful Princess Michael and her brooch collection.'

Same here. The royals also have to work til they're in their 90s and beyond, no retirement for them. Meghan and Harry can stop working at 65 like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 108February 20, 2021 1:48 AM

Megan was the one who sent out the bitchy tweet, R107. Most people can see that TQ was exceedingly generous to them, yet all they kept doing was spit in her face. The Megans are selfish and shallow hypocrites, the world sees this clearly now.

by Anonymousreply 109February 20, 2021 1:48 AM

How was the Queen generous? By kicking them out a month early because they decided to talk to Oprah?

And the palace's press release was bullshit. It really did read like service could only be legitimate if it has its origins in the Crown. Nonsense. Service is indeed universal. I bet that really pissed them off at Buckingham palace. They are used to getting the last word in. This time, they did not.

If MM wrote it herself, I like her even better.

by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2021 1:53 AM

'That's easy. King Charles re-instates everything for Harry with the stroke of a pen, and the nightmare is never spoken of again. Back to full Royal life with a new wife.'

You really don't get it, do you? He's said on a number of occasions that he dislikes England, in common with numerous other very wealthy Brits who prefer California. Even if they divorce, he won't be coming back to traipse round planting trees. He'll stay in the US.

by Anonymousreply 111February 20, 2021 1:54 AM

For the trolls here, please try square brakcets quote square brackets when you wish to quote

by Anonymousreply 112February 20, 2021 1:54 AM

R107, it depends on your values. This whole thing does. If your family, country, and honor truly matter to you - you're appalled by the Sussex exit and actions. If money, celebrity and leisure captivate you, you will love the Sussex game.

by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2021 1:54 AM

I think I need a drink.

by Anonymousreply 114February 20, 2021 1:56 AM

Remember them parading through a graveyard with a a personal photographer in tow? All dressy'n everything! bwhawhahahahahaha!

Such Universal Service!

by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote]I am back on Team Sussex folks.

You were always on Team Sussex, if you read today's statements from them in any positive light.

[quote]How was the Queen generous? By kicking them out a month early because they decided to talk to Oprah?

Jesus. Can you add up all the millions of pounds she and the BRF have spent on Harry over his lifetime, one filled with mansions, fast cars, exclusive vacations, private schools and bodyguards?

And the millions she's spent on Meghan since her wedding: the multi-million pound wedding itself; the couture clothing; jewels; chauffeured Range Rovers; remodeled housing; artwork; private flights; and security to name just in part.

A major pair of ingrates, these two. "How is the Queen generous?". How could she be anymore generous to them. They had to have the last word over her today, churlishly, with NO THANKS for anything that was done for them. All the privilege handed to them, for no other reason than Harry's family role.

I'll hold judgment on the Oprah interview, until seen. But its clear its going to be an unpleasant, snotty bitchfest of spoiled, manufactured grievance. I hope it permanently ruins their silly brand. At the rate they're going, it's bound to.

by Anonymousreply 116February 20, 2021 2:06 AM

A private UK message board I go to loves this topic and the moment they saw Meghan's "anyone can service" line they immediately started posting blow job gifs and agreeing that Meghan would know more about it than most.

by Anonymousreply 117February 20, 2021 2:12 AM

Meghan apparently saw the patronizes as extra, unpaid work that only served to make the BRF look good. The PR they got for it wasn't worth the effort, She tried to stall the final meeting to get some extra irons in the fire, but when that was shot down, she told Harry that the only thing he had to do in the negotiations was keep the titles. The titles are key to everything.

by Anonymousreply 118February 20, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]Meghan apparently saw the patronizes as extra, unpaid work that only served to make the BRF look good.

Bingo. This is exactly how she viewed royal work. It really didn't serve a broader, greater purpose for her (or Harry, by extension) so it had to go. They had no control over how much they could earn or make from it, being as they only received a general slice of the royal purse and/or funds from Charles's Duchy monies in return. It was an annual stipend, with perhaps a smallish CoL index rise every few years (and some adjustment for growing family size and circumstances); both otherwise, dead end in her eyes.

They couldn't really choose where they wanted to live because the funding covered costs exclusive of housing, which was expected to be what they were given from limited royal stock. Very fancy, exclusive royal stock, but with limited choice and input by recipients. They found living independently and making bank off of the royal rank/ties to be more to their liking.

by Anonymousreply 119February 20, 2021 3:06 AM

None of you really knows what you’re talking about. You act Ike you know and understand this woman’s motivations, but nothing you’re saying has any substance. You act like she is some outrageous gold digger and look, maybe she is. But it seems just as likely as not that she really loves Harry. In fact, I think Harry is the one who is driving all this, while she is simply doing what she feels is her role in such a situation, which is to be a supportive wife. You don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 120February 20, 2021 3:10 AM

Please, Rose. We've all seen these exact kinds of relationships before. He is besotted by her, and she is besotted by what being with him can get her.

by Anonymousreply 121February 20, 2021 3:24 AM

That statement was very petulant; you would think the smart thing would be too express love for the BRF & the people of the UK, indicating that while they've chosen to start a new life with their young family, but Britain will always be in our hearts (or something like that). Something conciliatory, reminding people that despite her title, QEII is still Harry's grandma. They clearly weren't happy playing 2nd banana to the Cambridges, so rather than live some louche life like Andrew, they chose a different path. In the long run, I don't think anyone would be begrudge them that (except for Piers Morgan, but he's a cunt).

But instead, they take a swipe at Granny, knowing full well that Phillip could die soon. They're already hated in the UK, but this isn't going to do much for their global appeal and while I am no Sunshine Sachs employee, if you're brand is really a reflection of you, how can you sell your brand when people don't like you?

by Anonymousreply 122February 20, 2021 9:44 AM

Resentment sells these days, R122. There is a market.

by Anonymousreply 123February 20, 2021 9:49 AM

I would think that the people who "love" Meghan (few that there are) would want to see her come out of this looking good, not looking horrific, r123

by Anonymousreply 124February 20, 2021 10:15 AM

Can I have his uniforms?

by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2021 12:25 PM

R124, I know NPD millennial women my age who love this stuff. They think everyone is jealous of them, everyone is an enemy. Anorexic Hilaria the brave Spanish Liar, Olivia Harvey-Girl Wilde leaving her young kids for a 26 year old in a pandemic, and Dlist Meghan Markle Freeing an Oppressed Prince with True love's Monetized Kiss are Feminist Heroes living their truth.

by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2021 12:29 PM

Looks like they've realised how the 'service' comment comes across, because 'friends' are now saying it is being taken 'out of context'.

by Anonymousreply 127February 20, 2021 12:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 20, 2021 12:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 20, 2021 12:45 PM

R118 - I tend to agree with this. The Harkles knew from the day they left that the Queen wouldn't let them have their half-in, half-out cake, but held out to the last for thinking they could change that. She left them the only thing that really mattered, the HRH and Harry's ducal titles.

I think there's something to the increasing view that this nail in the their royal coffin was, in reality, a small one, and the Queen, for reasons best known to herself, shied away from really holding Harry and Meghan accountable for their Very Bad Behaviour, double-dealing, insults, viciousness, and betrayals. She should have taken the titles right away and removed the HRHs formally.

Perhaps she saw three problems with that: one, Andrew still has his titles and there would have been screams of racism if Harry lost his but Andrew kept his; two, she was afraid of being seen as vindictive and petty (I think she misjudged this one); and, three, even if she removed his ducal title, Harry would only revert to being Prince Henry Charles Albert David, and Meghan would go from being the Duchess of Sussex to Princess Henry, in which case, how much gain from taking the ducal title?

The style of HRH is actually more important than the title. It is the HRH that separates royals from everyone else, who are commoners no matter what their aristo titles are. Anyone without an HRH is a commoner - Diana was a commoner, the Duke of Westminster is a commoner, Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was a commoner.

She suspended the HRHs but didn't remove them formally, and she should have. In the stroke of a pen through Letters Patent, she would have rendered Harry "non-royal".

And that's probably why she didn't do it. It was the one thing that really would have meant something, and she couldn't bring herself to do it, because he is, after all her royal grandson and a future king's son.

In the end, class loyalty won out over every other consideration, and those two jumped up, talentless, ingrates are the beneficiaries. The rich irony is their indignation and proclamations of egalitarianism whilst benefitting hugely from the biggest class prejudice in the world.

by Anonymousreply 130February 20, 2021 12:49 PM

^*I should have added that this is exactly what happened to the Windsors when Edward abdicated: they gave him a royal dukedom, but George VI issued Letters Patent depriving Wallis of the covered HRH, rendering her a commoner and the style of address to which she was entitled, "Your Grace" rather than "Your Royal Highness".

This is what the Queen should have done, or should do now after the Harkles' massive public insult upon losing formally what they knew they were going to lose by bailing, anyway: issue Letters Patent stating that henceforth the title of Duke of Sussex would not carry the "style" of HRH".

It would have made Harry (and by extension, his wife) commoners. Whether that would have made much difference in America, I can't say. But it would have been a huge humiliation in the circles in which the Sussexes moved in Britain, particularly amongst Harry's former aristo set. He would have ranked behind his cousins Bea and Eugenie, his brother's children, his brother's wife, etc., etc.

This is probably why the Queen couldn't bring herself to do it. In those circles, this would have been far more important than it looks to outsiders; I wouldn't be surprised if Charles had begged his mother not to humiliate his younger son by rendering him a commoner.

Now, however, the Queen should rethink that. If the Sussexes step over a few lines in that interview, especially after that incredibly insulting response to what they already knew to be the case, perhaps they will HM enough ammo finally to take the steps necessary to stop the charade.

by Anonymousreply 131February 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Andrew still has his titles and there would have been screams of racism if Harry lost his but Andrew kept his.

This is the real reason, imo. They would raise every level of hell over this. TQ or PC will have no choice eventually. She is extremely vengeful and destructive. As her media coverage fades, and it will very soon, she will resort to any length to get media attention, even negative attention if that is all she can get. She is a malignant narcissist, and any attention is better than no attention to them. Just look at her desperation now. She hates children and pets as all narcs do. They take attention from the narcissist. She is a lazy, selfish bitch and can barley stand to touch and hold that poor baby. Yet here she is having a second child. It is for attention only. Evil to the core. Toxic human being. I pity all in her path.

by Anonymousreply 132February 20, 2021 1:00 PM

^*coveted (not covered).

When the copies of the Letters Patent arrived, Edward is said to have shouted, "What a damnable wedding present! My brother told me, he TOLD me, there would be no problem with the title . . .!"

It is likely that George VI initially did tell Edward that, but that Queen Mary and the newly minted Queen Elizabeth and last Empress of India changed his mind, citing Wallis' two previous marriages and the danger of having a divorced-again HRH Duchess of Windsor swanning around Europe. I don't doubt petty revenge was part of it, which led Wallis later on to state bitterly that the monarchy was actually a "split-level" arrangement with Queens Mary and Elizabeth really wearing the trousers.

by Anonymousreply 133February 20, 2021 1:01 PM

R129 - That new coat of arms is PRICELESS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134February 20, 2021 1:02 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor do not NEED a new coat-of-arms crest.

They live in the United States and such regal rubbish is not expected, observed, or well-regarded here.

by Anonymousreply 135February 20, 2021 1:14 PM

Are we going to have to have another fucking war over this royalty issue?

America

by Anonymousreply 136February 20, 2021 1:16 PM

It's not the Queen's style to be vengeful.

They know who he is, they know his character, his flaws and what's really going on. Inside the family there is probably much sadness at what he's become and what she's accomplished.

So anything the Queen does is just to protect the institution. They are disentangled. Has beens. The real monarchy moves on. They live in California, nursing their wounds and embarrassing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]But it seems just as likely as not that she really loves Harry.

Oh, come on... with her track record? She's discarded enough people in her trajectory that she's shown who she is. At the very, very, very kindest best she has an ambition where reluctance can always be suppressed.

by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2021 1:24 PM

She is not capable of love, no malignant narcissist is. Her only love and concern is for herself.

by Anonymousreply 139February 20, 2021 1:33 PM

If you love someone, you let them love other people and things, like their home country- no matter how much you hate it.

by Anonymousreply 140February 20, 2021 2:27 PM

R140- Well said. This is a classic narc move. Isolate your victim until they have no one else to depend on. It is a form of programming and preventing loved ones from helping the victim. It is what a cult leader does. Malignant narcissist are extremely dangerous. If anyone doubts that, just look at the untold damage Former 45 has done.

by Anonymousreply 141February 20, 2021 2:37 PM

First Diana’s HRH then her son’s? The Queen was probably terrified of those particular optics.

by Anonymousreply 142February 20, 2021 2:45 PM

R142- Bet you William isn't. The Rose scandal was unforgivable, imo. That isn't all they have done to W&K either. Tick tock. He will never forgive or forget the attacks on his family.

by Anonymousreply 143February 20, 2021 2:54 PM

She won't be around by the time William is King... she'll be a Fergie figure, at best, without the free room and board. Or affability, come to that.

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2021 3:56 PM

R144-Agree. She will be a third-rate Fergie. But I doubt she will ever stop being a real threat. That bitch is dangerous and is bat-shit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2021 3:59 PM

She'll run out stories to tell in due course, like Fergie did. The well has already dried up. She will have no insight into actual royal life or the actual royal family and her poor me routine is already starting to age badly.

by Anonymousreply 146February 20, 2021 4:02 PM

She is already more than a Fergie figure

by Anonymousreply 147February 20, 2021 4:19 PM

My guess is that MM prefers her duchess title so she can sign things as “Meghan, Duchess of Sussex” (as was the byline in her miscarriage essay). Details of precedent don’t matter because she doesn’t intend to return to the UK except for the Queen’s funeral.

Being called ‘Princess Henry’ is less appealing to her even if she’s still an HRH. It would be a constant reminder that her position is a result of his.

Yes, she would still erroneously be referred to as Princess Meghan but that sounds even more bizarre in the equalitarian US.

by Anonymousreply 148February 20, 2021 4:28 PM

R148- lol! Yes, signing her name as Duchess in her fake, getto" calligraphy." 😂 She just draws loops on the letters! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 149February 20, 2021 4:31 PM

Princess Anne opted out of the Royalty Show for her two children, hoping that they would have a more normal life with out royal titles. The queen offered them, but Anne turned them down.

Why shouldn't Harry be able to do the same thing for his family? The Royalty Show killed his mother and, time and again, made his life Hellish. So why would he not steer clear of it?

by Anonymousreply 150February 20, 2021 4:34 PM

But Princess Anne didn't opt out or try to have it both ways.

You're erroneously asserting Harry is doing what Anne did. He is not.

by Anonymousreply 151February 20, 2021 4:38 PM

There's a disconnect running along here as well, r146. The world, the U.S. , practically everywhere, economies are on life-support in a manner of speaking. I just watched a CNN news **flash** showing the level of human suffering in the U.S. as seen by President Biden's level of spending to address numerous crises relating to Covid, unemployment, education, health coverage, housing (rent arrears), State emergencies, basic survival needs being unmet, etc etc, it seems endless and on-going. All over the world, government are incurring debt to deal with this wave of human suffering and ..... you stop...... for a second and look at Harry and his misguided wife and their almost ruthless, cruel and vindictive P.R. campaign being played out writ large against the BRF and think "Are we in the same galaxy?"

Is this what expensive PR buys you these days?

by Anonymousreply 152February 20, 2021 4:39 PM

R152, it's what paying for advice and refusing to listen does for you.

I do comms for a living. Anyone can look at their stunts and tell you this is client directed, hopefully against advice.

by Anonymousreply 153February 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 20, 2021 4:44 PM

R152- Thank you for expressing my feelings far better than I am capable of. This why ppl loathe them. We would feel blessed to be in a position to offer real help to those in need. We would also be extremely grateful for what we have. This is why they are repulsive. They represent everything wrong in this world right now. Garbage, waste of life they are. I will die within a year or two from lack of life saving medication. There are millions more like me. Fuck them. Hope they suffer one day.

by Anonymousreply 155February 20, 2021 4:46 PM

This, from :46

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 20, 2021 4:51 PM

Follow the money. There’s enough material for a separate thread alone. Archewell, Doria’s shady fees senior care company (set up by Meghan’s entertainment lawyer), freeloading off shady Russian oligarch in his Vancouver island compound, freeloading off Tyler Perry’s mansion in LA, Oprah angle, etc... They’ve registered their enterprise in Delaware and have used entertainment lawyers in all of these shady deals. Trust me, their financial dealings will and should receive more scrutiny. They say Archewell is non-profit (though not 501c, big difference), so far we know its goal is to get people to contribute to it so that it can turn around and redistribute donations. So why not just donate to 501c organizations instead? They’re running some scams, biggest one is Doria’s Loving Kindness business. That shit is stinking to high heavens.

by Anonymousreply 157February 20, 2021 4:53 PM

R157- Please do start a thread. The media should be reporting endlessly on this. And do not ever click on any website of theirs. It steals your data and tracks you. Scummy people.

by Anonymousreply 158February 20, 2021 4:56 PM

The pheasant flies at night!

by Anonymousreply 159February 20, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]If your family, country, and honor truly matter to you - you're appalled by the Sussex exit and actions. If money, celebrity and leisure captivate you, you will love the Sussex game.

And how do you define family, country, honor? Does your definition of family and honor include protecting a criminal like Andrew?

The Sussex's are the only members of that family who enjoy leisure and money? The people you are defending (BRF) are the bigger grifters but I guess anyone white and royal giving up that privilege enrages you.

by Anonymousreply 160February 20, 2021 5:11 PM

For someone on such a high horse I'm surprised you're not waiting for Andrew to be charged and convicted.

by Anonymousreply 161February 20, 2021 5:13 PM

I'm on a miniature pony compared to most of the bitches in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 162February 20, 2021 5:15 PM

And here is r152 setting a stunning example of how to use your time and energy with all that is going on in the world.

Way to focus YOUR energy. You are a leader sir/ma'am.

We are lucky to have you.

by Anonymousreply 163February 20, 2021 5:20 PM

In fairness, R163, R152 isn't commanding media attention. Now your little friends there, with all that is going on in the world, are focusing their energy and leadership... well, you fill in the rest.

by Anonymousreply 164February 20, 2021 5:23 PM

R163- I see her SS all over this thread. You always know when they are here because Andrew's name pops up. We can find more than one person at a time loathsome. The fact that calling everyone who dislikes her racist and comparing her to Andrew is very telling. That is all this bitch has to hide behind. If the only good thing you can say about her is at least she isn't as bad as Andrew, her PR well and truly sucks.

by Anonymousreply 165February 20, 2021 5:26 PM

The striking thing about the two statements issued is that the one from the Queen makes a special attempt to be placatory, as did her initial statement last year. Meghan and Harry obviously felt no such duty or wish to be respectful to The Queen in return.

I can honestly understand Harry wishing to lead a different life. The lure of a fairly idle life in sunny California, collecting buckets of cash from Netflix, Spotify and Oprah for mouthing a few platitudes every few months about the latest thing sparking joy or igniting kindness within him and his wife must be strong. Unless he still retains some inkling that public service is more than doing what you like, and that more than occasionally it will involve visits to people doing dull (but important) work in dreary towns, then it is probably easy for him to pretend that he has not decided to leave public service for a life of self-indulgence and private profit.

What I will never understand is his continued sense of victimhood, and his lack of gratitude or respect for his grandparents, who were so proud of him, and who really have lived lives which were dictated by a sense of responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 166February 20, 2021 5:27 PM

r157 your time could also be better used.

There are many celebrities who do this along with the Clinton's charity and the Melinda and Bill Gates foundation and we all would be better off knowing about what these power brokers are up to.

r164 you are just as stupid. You do realize that no one is required to pay attention to these people. You don't have to care, they are not captains of industry like Musk, Bezos or Gates or politicians that command time in the media. They pose no threat except to feeble minded people like you.

by Anonymousreply 167February 20, 2021 5:29 PM

^ Physcian, heal thyself.

Or at least stop boring the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 168February 20, 2021 5:31 PM

R166- On that fake Greta call, Harry is recorded saying that there is money to be made in charity work. He is just as vile as she is. Two of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 169February 20, 2021 5:38 PM

R166 - Meghan respects nothing and no one She treated the Queen, Charles, the Cambridges, and Camilla abysmally.

Oh spare us the why are we talking about this.

Has anyone run down the "Tasteful Friends" threads because the world is in a bad place? Or threads on the next Bond? Or threads on Sam Heughan? Luke Evans' personal life? Richard Armitage's? Dick size? Let's Be XYZ threads?

They're all up whilst the world is suffering. This is a huge culture/celebrity gossip story. This is a gossip site. Get the connection? Go comment on The Guardian. Shit, even they covered this.

Charles raised Harry exactly the way the Queen raised Andrew: that's why both of them turned out to be entitled twats.

Who died and made you Head Boy?

by Anonymousreply 170February 20, 2021 6:19 PM

R163 Yet here you are commenting on a gossip thread, I’m sure YOUR time and energy could be used better. But here you are snd we’re also so, so very lucky to have you. And since you threw out the productive/ contributing to society card, what have YOU done, my dear, this past week for society? Me, I got a thank you message from a reluctant patient I’d sent for testing, turned out his cancer was caught stage 1. So don’t go lecturing people in your presumed ignorance about how others live/ behave based upon what we post on a fucking gossip thread.

Oh and I mentioned Doria’s scammy company because unlike you, I deal with actual social workers when coordinating patient care. I know a healthcare scam when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 171February 20, 2021 6:23 PM

^^^Meant for R167

by Anonymousreply 172February 20, 2021 6:25 PM

R160, why don't you ask Thomas Markle, Elizabeth, Philip, Charles, William, Kate, etc how they define family.

Maybe Meghan's ex husband too lol.

But I'm sure you won't. Because they're all the bad guy, right?

by Anonymousreply 173February 20, 2021 6:42 PM

R14 London is not dreary (well, in normal times it isn't). London is the centre of the world. I should know, for I live there. I do not wish to bump into Markle or her dimwitted husband when I am out and about, so we're well rid!

by Anonymousreply 174February 20, 2021 6:46 PM

R166 Apparently his victim status is a result of his having to walk in his mother's horse-drawn funeral cortege.

All I can say is that at his age, I would have been proud - and consoled - to have been asked to walk with the men of my family in my mother's honour. I think the stories we hear about his trauma about this are just that - stories, probably fed to him by the witch Markle.

by Anonymousreply 175February 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Meanwhile, Charles has slipped in the back way to visit his father in hospital, looking suspiciously wet-eyed as he did so. The Duke is alleged to remain in hospital "until next week", which could mean anything. The Duke and the Queen have, of course, been given their two doses of COVID vaccine, and Charles and Camilla have gotten at least one dose each, so it can't be that.

I wonder if this time, the shadow of the Reaper is at last lengthening over Philip. They wouldn't let the Queen in for reasons of risk to the Sovereign, but Charles is another matter.

If Philip dies next week, Meghan and Harry will be the Duke and Duchess of Mud.

Really, Charles looked as if he were crying in the photo whilst still in the car, if you scroll down, although he smiled gamely under his mask when he got out.

Hmmm. This suddenly feels - real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 20, 2021 7:01 PM

^*Edit: the sad photo in the car was after Charles left the hospital, which may be even more telling.

Could mean just sadness at the old man's infirmity as he clings to life - we could many of us relate to that.

by Anonymousreply 177February 20, 2021 7:03 PM

R177 It could be sadness at the thought of having to go back to tell his mother of the state of his father.

Is the Queen really not allowed to visit the Duke on his deathbed?

by Anonymousreply 178February 20, 2021 7:07 PM

The Queen can basically do anything she wants. I bet he gets moved to Windsor tonight, to die there. That's why Charles stayed at Clarence House, to go on to Windsor tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 179February 20, 2021 7:10 PM

R178 - I'm just guessing. You know, they tend to exercise these practices to protect the succession, just the way they fly the heir and the next heir in separate planes. This kind of decreased with Diana and her small children, and again with Kate and William and their small children. But at some point, William and Prince George will be separated on flights, likely after Charles becomes King.

The Queen is 95 in a couple of months. Hospitals are known as infection centres, let alone since the pandemic struck. The Duke may be in isolation for his own safety, and my guess is, they'd wish to keep the Queen out of harm's way.

If Philip is really circling the drain, as medics say, he would likely be released as close to time as possible so the Queen could be with him when the time comes. She sat with her mother in front of the Queen Mother's fireplace watching as the Queen Mother passed away.

That's just guesses on my part, but Charles did look really disturbed in the couple of photos I saw.

by Anonymousreply 180February 20, 2021 7:12 PM

I feel like Princess Anne is becoming the new Prince Harry in terms of good will, perhaps thanks to The Crown. For those of us who were too young or not interested in Anne, The Crown has shown her as one of the most down to Earth, likable, and humble members of the BRF. Her sitting on a couch cushion on top of a tattered couch that looked like it was pulled off the curb from the "free" section of Craigslist makes her even more endearing (even if that is how old aristocracy lives, it was a new, relatable optic for those of us not in the know). I'm sure her military appointment is something both of her parents are pleased to bestow upon her. After 70 years, maybe Princess Anne is finally getting her dues for being the hardest working royal.

by Anonymousreply 181February 20, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]She sat with her mother in front of the Queen Mother's fireplace watching as the Queen Mother passed away.

And she didn't lift a sceptre to help, not even when the old sack of bones cried out for mercy! I heard.

by Anonymousreply 182February 20, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]I feel like Princess Anne is becoming the new Prince Harry in terms of good will, perhaps thanks to The Crown.

Given she could break the back of a man in two, I'd venture to guess she's becoming the new Prince Philip.

by Anonymousreply 183February 20, 2021 7:15 PM

R181 - I respect Anne. She's never given a fuck if people thought her beautiful or likable, she did as she pleased within the confines of her role, carried out huge numbers of engagements, and managed to live her own life therein whilst still exhibiting unquestioned loyalty to Queen and country. She is very down-to-earth, in fact, she inherited her mother's appreciation for sex. she just didn't, as her mother did, confine it to one man.

It's the horses, you know - the women into horses tend to be very, ah, earthy.

Anne had affairs with some of the hottest men of her generation, including Camilla's ex-husband, and actor Anthony Andrews (short but luscious, and oh, that voice).

She allegedly also swears like a sailor. which her father was and a sport she very much enjoyed.

Anne once, allegedly, attended a dance. Whilst being steered around the floor by a respectful young man, she supposedly suddenly asked him, 'Are you afraid of me?" "Why, no, Ma'am," her partner stammered.

"Then stop holding me like a piece of china, and let's dance properly."

That's Anne for you. I like your bringing Harry up in that connection - Anne is who Harry could have been if only he'd had her temperament and balls.

Instead, he's more like his Uncle Andrew and his Aunt Margaret.

Shame, really.

by Anonymousreply 184February 20, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote] Princess Anne is finally getting her dues

She's been collecting her dues for years, and very welcome she is for her dignity, common sense, hard work and backbone.

by Anonymousreply 185February 20, 2021 7:21 PM

I would love to see Anne take Meghan Markle apart whilst left alone in a room with that self-entitled arrogant bitch. She'd have made short work of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 186February 20, 2021 7:22 PM

At this point I'd be Anne wouldn't give that piece of work much more than a glare. Anne takes the monarchy seriously. The B-Actress did not.

by Anonymousreply 187February 20, 2021 7:24 PM

Ann would SWAT that bitch like the insignificant insect she is, lol! I would pay to see it.

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2021 7:45 PM

The Times, paywalled...

The row is in danger of becoming the most serious rift between two royal brothers since George VI was thrust onto the throne in 1936 by the abdication of his older brother, Edward VIII. Sources close to Prince William said he believed Harry and Meghan had been “insulting and disrespectful” to the Queen, and was “very upset by what has happened”.

A source close to the monarch described the response by the Sussexes to Buckingham Palace’s announcement that the couple must give up their royal duties as “petulant and insulting to the Queen”. The source added: “Don’t disrespect your granny, Harry.” A third source warned: “You don’t answer the Queen back — it’s just not done.”

Friends of the brothers believe that both are still hoping to heal their rift, despite last week’s eruptions.

“It’s still raw,” said a friend of William. “He’s very upset by what has happened, though absolutely intent that he and Harry’s relationship will heal in time.”

Another friend of the siblings added: “I know things are desperately sad and bad, but when the chips are down, those brothers will be there for each other.” Harry, 36, and Meghan 39, are said to be just as eager to ease family tensions, despite their disappointment at a time when they are expecting their second child.

A source close to the Sussexes said: “Both sides see that there’s a difference between the personal relationship they have in the family and the professional relationship in terms of the family business.”

The Queen is also keen for a ceasefire. A source close to the 94-year-old monarch said the letter she wrote Harry and Meghan “was warm, but also reflected her view on the business side of things that you can’t pick and choose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2021 11:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 21, 2021 5:49 PM

I catch him when he's strayin' like any brother should

Man turns his back on his family, he ain't no good.

by Anonymousreply 191February 21, 2021 6:13 PM

I think it odd that Princess Anne was left out of that article. She is still a working royal and likely to take over some of Harry's military honours. It should be the Exceptional Eight.

I would love to know who leaked news of the Big Interview to ITV, who let the cat out of the bag in time for the Queen to release her statement.

What really tests my credulity is the ongoing nattering about "negotiations". Harry and Meghan knew when they bailed last year that the Queen was utterly opposed to their half-in, half-out plan. Did they think, especially after the transparent shit they threw at the family with Finding Freedom, that disastrous Commonwealth Zoom call, that mind-blowingly asinine Remembrance Day cemetery stunt, the nasty leaks about the Cambridges, etc., that the Queen was going to change her mind and let them represent the monarchy when they deigned to drop in a few times a year?!

The real likelihood is that they knew long before that announcement that it wasn't going to fly and the end of any real life inside the BRF was nigh, and that's why they agreed to do the interview. If there had been any doubt about whether the Queen was going to let them keep any of that shit, they'd have been on better behaviour watch.

The truth is, what they were really arguing about in the month prior to the news about the interview was the joint statement that was initially planned, as several better placed sources knew.

They couldn't agree on the wording of the joint statement - and while they delayed, the made the interview agreement and arrangements, and, apparently, even filmed last Tuesday - and then ITV leaked the news of the interview, and the Queen dropped the bomb unilaterally.

They were only shocked at the Queen finally doing to them what they did to her last year. They've probably known since New Year's that the clock was ticking down on their royal lives.

Do you think Omid Scumbie will be leaking more items about how, of course, Meghan and Harry plan to return to England and take part in the Trooping the Colour and Remembrance Day?

Meghan should be careful on 7 March. She may feel entitled to take the gloves off, but the BRF also have gloves they can take off. Maybe they'll release some of Meghan's former staff from those NDAs and encourage a few memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 192February 21, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]She's left that delicious moment for William. A dish best served cold.

Exactly, r42.

The Times reported the BRF's displeasure on their **Front Page yesterday - William is "sad and shocked" which is very nice language for "done and over it." This whole Migraine saga has been going on now for what? since 2015? 2016? Guessing Will is fed up, over it, and waiting for the opportune time to exact his own type of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 193February 21, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote]The whole "service is universal" dig thing was actually an extremely sophisticated counter attack

On the surface it sounds cool and clever, r30. But really, it devalues the Queen's "interpretation" of service or public service. And even **if** is all that clever, clever people don't go out of their way to demean and demolish the intent of the thought which, by reducing it to a general commonality devalues the Queen's form of service - which was the whole point.

Maybe not so clever?

by Anonymousreply 194February 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Who gives a shit if it devalues the Queen’s definition. The Queen didn’t even write the initial press release announcing the permanent separation. One of the Queen’s bitchy handlers (who are known to dislike Meghan) wrote it. And they wrote it in a way that was intended to twist the knife.

But they left themselves open to a very simple, very effective counterattack. Which was basically, “Bitch, who do you think you are, anyway?”

by Anonymousreply 195February 21, 2021 10:59 PM

The Meghans' idea of service is writing pithy words and expressions on bananas. useless messages sent to the homeless by rich, privileged, entitled, hypocritical narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 196February 22, 2021 1:38 AM

Meghan doesn't know the difference between a LIFE OF PUBLIC SERVICE (i.e., it's what your job is) and chic philanthropy whilst living a nearly entirely private and expensively cushioned private life.

Philanthropy and a DAILY LIFE of nothing but PUBLIC SERVICE are not an equivalency, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 197February 22, 2021 5:13 PM

Where is the Harkles' philanthropy? The elehphants voiceover? Where?

by Anonymousreply 198February 22, 2021 5:34 PM

"The firm favourites to take Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's titles are Princess Anne, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex as it is understood the monarch decided 'long ago' who would be suited for the roles"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 22, 2021 8:37 PM

Yes, long ago. Interesting use of the wording. Good. Sophie and Edward deserve it. They have been an asset to TQ and earned her trust. I like Sophie a lot. Her withering glare at Markle was classic!

by Anonymousreply 200February 22, 2021 8:46 PM

"Meghan Markle wears Oscar de la Renta dress for Spotify event"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 22, 2021 10:32 PM

God grief four grand for that monstrosity! Keep on fighting for "those without a voice" there. Meghan Antoinette indeed.

by Anonymousreply 202February 22, 2021 11:19 PM

To be fair to her, "Markle announced she was expecting in a Carolina Herrera dress that was custom-made for her during her first pregnancy." So she is a frugal person when it really matters, in the best traditions of the BRF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 22, 2021 11:24 PM

That dress looks just like some kitchen curtains my mother had once. She started having plastic surgery way too young. It is a common mistake we see all too often. Her face looks very aged to me, far older than 39. Finally, wth did her pregnant stomach go?

by Anonymousreply 204February 23, 2021 12:27 PM

[quote] Finally, wth did her pregnant stomach go?

Very good question. Under the Baby Tree with Hobbit Feet she was euge.

by Anonymousreply 205February 23, 2021 2:56 PM

All that hair. She looks more and more like an Afghan Hound all the time.

by Anonymousreply 206February 23, 2021 3:22 PM

Will Harry wake up some day and finally ask "What the fuck have I done?"

by Anonymousreply 207February 23, 2021 3:26 PM

R207- He looks as if he is already asking that. He truly looks unhappy, lost. She is vicious. He had better strike first and blindside her in order to control the narrative before she does it first. He had better de-fang that viper.

by Anonymousreply 208February 23, 2021 3:32 PM

After seeing pictures of her as a child, I'm going to back off. I feel sorry for her. I think when you experience life as an "ugly duckling", and she was a very homely child, you have an incredible chip on your shoulder. I thought she was a pretty girl, a sort of natural narcissist from the get-Go. But it's clear she's carrying a load and is on a mission, and I actually appreciate her feminist posture more. It sounds awful, but I sort of trust the feminism of ugly women more.

I'm going to lay off her for the fake hair and plastic surgery- they've made her who she wants to be and it doesn't seem like she's hiding that fact.

by Anonymousreply 209February 23, 2021 8:38 PM

[quote] I'm going to lay off her for the fake hair and plastic surgery

What about the bleaching?

by Anonymousreply 210February 23, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote]What about the bleaching?

Anal?

by Anonymousreply 211February 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Her hair in the lemon dress clip is really overwhelming. She looks a little crazy. It also looks very fake.

I guess she wants that LA skank mermaid hair.

by Anonymousreply 212February 24, 2021 11:35 AM

Her eyes look absolutely deranged, manic.

by Anonymousreply 213February 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Meghan has the "adderall has just kicked in" look in her eyes. Both she and Harry look like they are into stimulants.

by Anonymousreply 214February 25, 2021 7:02 AM

And Harry sat there beside her, 7,000 miles from home, in the land of rich Californians and Meyer lemons and eucalyptus trees trailing Spanish moss. He had plighted his troth to this unexpected and very beautiful woman; he had hurt his grandmother, and alienated his father and his only brother. He had thought that having Bishop Michael Bruce Curry deliver the homily at his wedding would reverse a thousand years of English racial attitudes, but he had been wrong about that.* He was a combat veteran, a prince, the grandson, great-grandson, and great-great-grandson of English monarchs, and now he was going to have to think up some podcasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 19, 2021 12:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!