Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zack Snyder's Justice League | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Zack Snyder's Justice League | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 17, 2021 6:23 AM

...I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 1February 16, 2021 5:22 AM

Hilarious that half the cast has since been fired.

by Anonymousreply 2February 16, 2021 5:25 AM

His fandom is insane. It could be 4 hours of the cast taking a shit and they'd say it was the greatest thing ever. They're at Q level of hysteria

by Anonymousreply 3February 16, 2021 5:41 AM

Well it looks better than that Whedon shit.

by Anonymousreply 4February 16, 2021 5:46 AM

Actually, the entire cast taking a shit would be better than the Whedon Justice League lol!

by Anonymousreply 5February 16, 2021 5:48 AM

I hope the fans clamoring for its release like the film. It looks like they put a shit ton o effort polishing the effects, which is about all I can say for a Zack Snyder picture.

by Anonymousreply 6February 16, 2021 5:50 AM

In fact, the world after Chinese rule. Darkseid is one of the most obvious allegories of communism in superhero comics. If OMEGA is not obvious enough, a dystopic world with an animalized slave society in the name of the collective delivery where Kirby's head was on the day he created it.

SNYDER was only a few years ahead of his time, but the timing today is impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2021 5:52 AM

R6 it could be worse than THe Phantom Menace and they'd say it was Empire Strikes Back

by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2021 5:54 AM

Didn't we already see this?

by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2021 5:56 AM

Let's remember this good first trailer for the comic con from far away 2015 (the internet was something else), the only one that really belonged to SNYDER'S CUT REAL & ORIGINAL OFFICIAL before the BANG and betrayal by Geoff Johns and WB?

At that time, even the haters praised and excited! It's better than these new Snyder's Cut trailers

Let's give it a try!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2021 5:57 AM

Yes R9. This is a recut version with all the Joss Whedon stuff taken out. While Synder added more stuff in.

With the amount of money WB/HBO pumped into this cut some of CGI still looks like shit. I’ll watch anyway since I’m paying for HBO MAX.

Wonder Woman was such a disappointment that I’m expecting nothing much from it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2021 5:57 AM

There was a guy on Twitter who filmed himself at Target putting Snyder Cut stickers on random DVDs.

Virgin alert

by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2021 5:59 AM

Hard pass. If I wanted to watch a CGI shitshow I'd watch Transformers 1-5.

by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2021 6:00 AM

[quote] His fandom is insane. It could be 4 hours of the cast taking a shit and they'd say it was the greatest thing ever. They're at Q level of hysteria

The reason people like Snyder is because he's got the auteur's touch to his work. He's just simply very good at making larger than life expensive looking blockbusters. I enjoy watching the MCU films but I also enjoy Snyder's DC films for their grandness and the obvious DC darkness. It's hard to have proper conversation about Snyder since people sounding like Marvel fanbois tend to write posts like yours. Anyone comparing liking Snyder with being into QAnon is taking things wayyyyy too seriously.

I'm not too wild about the Snyder cut because it seems the big end fight from the original is still in the film. That whole segment in Ukraine brought the otherwise exciting and enjoyable film down. I'll watch it but the trailer didn't exactly set me on fire, but then again since there's only like a few minutes of new material I guess I'm not expecting drastic changes from the original.

by Anonymousreply 14February 16, 2021 6:10 AM

Cinema is dead. Soon you won't even need actors, the entire movie will be made on the computer. This is a video game, not a film.

by Anonymousreply 15February 16, 2021 6:17 AM

This film will save the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 16, 2021 6:24 AM

Visually a treat, but otherwise, I predict a pretentious, violent, overlong and empty movie.

His Director's Cut of WATCHMEN was about the same running length. Anyone think that lived up to the source material or was a great movie?

by Anonymousreply 17February 16, 2021 6:28 AM

Henry is the perfect Superman and I like Gal and Ray, too. Glad there's more Cyborg in this one. I'm not into Snyder's Flash or Batman and this Aquaman is shiteous. I'll see it for Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 18February 16, 2021 6:29 AM

r3 Every actor / actress who worked with Snyder has nothing but good things to say about himself men. So many stupid and arrogant directors out there and internet troll haters have decided to attack one of the coolest. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 19February 16, 2021 6:34 AM

r14 They mock the suicide of Snyder's daughter. Threaten to boycott Sony movies. They attack DC fans and movies. Marvel fans are fanatical and sick.

by Anonymousreply 20February 16, 2021 6:36 AM

r17 Zack Snyder is for people who want adult movies, if you just want stupid jokes, ridiculous dances and retarded heroes, go watch Marvel's child-friendly films.

by Anonymousreply 21February 16, 2021 6:36 AM

Idiots, who automatically hate anything Snyder does because it gives him points on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 22February 16, 2021 6:38 AM

r15 It is a film about people with superhuman powers what did you want? There is no way to do it without CGI after all, people in real life have no powers. Dude, if you don't like it go watch an Iranian art.

by Anonymousreply 23February 16, 2021 6:41 AM

R15, animations have been part of the cinema world from the beginning. How silly to claim only movies with real actors are good enough to be called cinema. CGI actors will most definitely be normal fairly soon but I assume voice acting by real humans will still be the driving force to make them believable. I wrote a paper in the university two decades ago (!) about digital actors and my professor asked why I think voice acting cannot be created on computers. I didn't have a real answer for that. Then again I guess manipulating voice is so advanced now that you can easily create believable speech for films.

BTW, around 2000 when I was in the university The Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within came out with almost believable CG characters and a few glimpses of total life-likeness. I never ever could've believed that still in 2021 there are no digital-only CG stars.

But yes, R15, films with almost-realistic looking characters are already being made completely on computers, although at this point more on the fan level. It's possible to create real time graphics with eg Unreal Engine that resemble our reality more and more all the time. It's the uncanny valley effect of creating people that almost look right but not quite that keeps the big studios from jumping right into digital characters. Although obviously characters like Rocket from The Guardians of the Galaxy are there pretty much already.

by Anonymousreply 24February 16, 2021 6:45 AM

OP = worse than Hitler and Geoff Johns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2021 6:47 AM

R21 You can't possibly be serious.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2021 6:48 AM

BvS is incredible and continues to improve over time. That's why you still see news for this film years after you was released. The causal audience brainwashed by Marvel's delayed action comedies.

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2021 6:52 AM

r26 People are complaining about the tone of DC films because Marvel films have incorrectly trained their brains in expectations about the that comic book films should be, but still, they were trained to expect a certain level of superficiality. Snyder's films have depth and people are annoyed that they’re not just pre-made popcorn shows. They are visual masterpieces and there is so much symbology, themes deeply rooted that endure (see Alfred's speech about feeling powerless and how it triggered PTSD in Bruce Wayne about the death of parents and difficult questions about the impacts of superheroes on humanity. Civil War was strongly influenced by the themes that the BvS had announced years before as the driver of its conflict and dealt with the damage Avengers collaterals for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2021 6:52 AM

Put OP on ignore and half the thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2021 6:55 AM

The same crowd that criticizes Snyder saying that he did not understand Watchmen, Superman and Batman ... Now they do not speak of mischaracterization of Marvel in characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2021 6:55 AM

MCU is this franchise looks like an industrial production line, of little artistic value, lack of sight and personality. And that's why I like Zack Snyder so much ... he may not be perfect in his narratives but he is authentic, he he did real work from the point of view, and he didn't just take ready characters and put them on the screen. He studied them and he imagined them in a real world, with real dilemmas. It is very easy to take Superman and put it to save the day. He made Superman feel and made us feel together with he.

by Anonymousreply 31February 16, 2021 7:00 AM

...how many times have you watched the trailer R30?

by Anonymousreply 32February 16, 2021 7:00 AM

He makes the worst films ever. They may as well be cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 33February 16, 2021 7:04 AM

[quote] Zack Snyder is for people who want adult movies

lmfao.

It’s exactly the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 34February 16, 2021 7:05 AM

Anyone notice how the Snyder fans can't seem to praise his DC films without shitting on Marvel properties? I don't know if it's one user making all of these posts, but I find it funny.

I'm glad you find his work to be vastly superior and oh so profound, but I personally find his films to be pretentious slogs. He hasn't impressed me since his Dawn of the Dead remake, though I will say that Sucker Punch turned out to be exactly what I expected from a guy like Snyder.

Dude's hot though, and I'm glad he seems like a nice guy. I was sorry to hear about his daughter's suicide.

by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2021 7:08 AM

[quote] [R26] People are complaining about the tone of DC films because Marvel films have incorrectly trained their brains in expectations about the that comic book films should be, but still, they were trained to expect a certain level of superficiality. Snyder's films have depth and people are annoyed that they’re not just pre-made popcorn shows.

No, Snyder’s films could exist in a vacuum without Marvel and they would still suck. Show them to people who have never seen a Marvel film and they would still say it was horrible or fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2021 7:14 AM

[quote] he didn't just take ready characters and put them on the screen. He studied them and he imagined them in a real world, with real dilemmas.

No, he did not study them. One of the biggest complaints is that he got all these classic characters wrong. It did not have the essence of these characters. So it was pretty jarring to see these characters you grew up with behaving in ways inconsistent with their essence.

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2021 7:18 AM

r37 Does Marvel not do the same? Marvel made Peter Parker uninterested in photography, which defends the billionaire's legacy as the ideal Peter Parker. Spider-Man was supposed to be the people's hero. That motherfucker don't even fight in New York anymore, it's Washington, it's Paris, it's a plane fight… Thor Ragnarok is one of the biggest embarrassments in the history of comic books. Spoof that ruined Thor, Hulk and the Ragnarok story.

by Anonymousreply 38February 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Marvel movies ruined comic books by making people think they should be humorous and childish.

by Anonymousreply 39February 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Marvel convinced people that comic book movies should be comedies for children 6 and older.

by Anonymousreply 40February 16, 2021 7:27 AM

What happened to everyone knowing Zach as Zach the Hack?

by Anonymousreply 41February 16, 2021 7:29 AM

[quote]Marvel movies ruined comic books by making people think they should be humorous and childish.

That's an absurd comment to make considering how popular Nolan's films were. Marvel went for a largely different tone, but I think you're overdoing their impact. Audiences are able to appreciate more dramatic comic book fare. Logan was a wildly beloved film.

Why blame Marvel for Snyder's storytelling shortcomings? You're the one that sounds immature.

by Anonymousreply 42February 16, 2021 7:32 AM

r42 Most people grow up and prefer more adult themes, situations and ideas. That's why most comics are darker and more interesting than Marvel / Disney films, as comics are no longer geared towards children as they were in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 43February 16, 2021 7:37 AM

All Marvel superheroes have become comedians.

by Anonymousreply 44February 16, 2021 7:37 AM

r42 I personally hate Marvel movies because they are just parodies of comic book superheroes ... I was a huge fan of Thor from the comics and they made a fool of Ragnarok. DC films have the right tone for your characters and your movies look a lot like comics. With the exception of Suicide Squad and Justice League that were not

by Anonymousreply 45February 16, 2021 7:49 AM

I was thinking that when snydercut blows up heads will roll. Mayb thats why wbros is scrambling so much to try & bury it. Pulling up godzilla release date from may to march to try & squeeze snydercut too. But then wmedia gave emmerich some powers at hbomax recently so idk

by Anonymousreply 46February 16, 2021 7:56 AM

They listened to disney marvel folks & crybaby reeve superman fans who told em to make funny dc movies & wbros will be just like mcu. They got tricked becos mcu/disney fans still left shazam, bop & ww84 to bust. And now zack & us have to come & pick up the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 47February 16, 2021 7:59 AM

Imagine they fired Zack, and all their trust went to Geoff they keeps failing miserable. Flop after flop. Zack vision might not the as popular as they would like, but at least it has an audience. While nobody wants those floppy flops.

by Anonymousreply 48February 16, 2021 8:08 AM

Me thinks someone needs to wind down from the amyl nitrate /crack-cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 49February 16, 2021 8:15 AM

I am convinced that Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige never feared Warner Bros. or the DC brand.

What they did fear was Zack Snyder and what he would be able to do with it. Too bad WB has always been their own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 50February 16, 2021 8:18 AM

My favorite thing about the Snyder antis meltdown is that now they’re saying there’s no way WB saw all this beautiful footage and decided to reshoot it. Zack is lying to his fans. He made a whole new movie in a couple of weeks. They really just wanna die in that hill.

by Anonymousreply 51February 16, 2021 8:20 AM

We live in a society where Warner Brothers studio devalued their own brand of Justice League and released an abysmal reshot Whedon mess of the true Zack Snyder JL masterpiece. Imagine how big this movie would be if not for that enormous mistake and sabotage?

by Anonymousreply 52February 16, 2021 8:22 AM

Bloggers who stayed silent about Whedon suddenly like "I can't WAIT to trash Zack Snyder's Justice League for six hours on my youtube channel!"

by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2021 8:24 AM

In all d excitement, dont forget d loved ones we lost, dont forget autumn snyder. Best wishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 16, 2021 8:33 AM

Warner bros, geoff johns, diane nelson, toby emmerich, kevin tsujihara, jon berg & the fakeass dc fans who joined disney marvel loving bots, bloggers, critics & mcu fans in bashing snyder/dceu from 2016 to the destruction of justice league/dceu in 2017, got played.

by Anonymousreply 55February 16, 2021 8:33 AM

We live in a society where people think all comic movies need to be funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 16, 2021 8:35 AM

So GvK broke WB's records for most viewed trailer in 24 hours with 25 million views across all platforms (15.8 came from WB's youtube). Zack's JL is now on 16-17 million with 0 coming from WB's youtube since they didn's post it. #

by Anonymousreply 57February 16, 2021 8:51 AM

GvK?

by Anonymousreply 58February 16, 2021 9:00 AM

I love Zack Snyder and i will forever defend this guy and his work no matter what happens.

by Anonymousreply 59February 16, 2021 9:09 AM

I still think the opening of the new Snyder Cut trailer is my favorite part. The music, the atmosphere, the scream... All haunting. It just sets up how much bigger of an impact Superman's death was in BvS. Can't wait to see it in the final film!

by Anonymousreply 60February 16, 2021 9:16 AM

I'm actually quite surprised how many reaction videos I've watched where the viewers have stated that the Snyder Cut looks and feels more like Lord of the Rings with superheroes. I love that others are seeing the big picture now!

March 18th can't get here soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 61February 16, 2021 9:16 AM

No matter how much MCU screws those characters up, MCU fans will still say it’s the best MCU movie to date. They do that with every single release. So I’d say MCU can literally do anything and it won’t be ‘risky’.

by Anonymousreply 62February 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Russo Bros got death threats for not including Hawkeye in Infinity War

The girl who played IronMan's daughter was bullied

MCU fans threw a tantrum at Sony for taking back Spidey

They threw a tantrum so that Disney would rehire Pedo Gunn

But Snyder fandom is toxic

by Anonymousreply 63February 16, 2021 9:39 AM

More than 1/2 of the posts in this thread are done by one person . This thread needs to be locked.

by Anonymousreply 64February 16, 2021 10:15 AM

Locked? This thread is fascinating and should be studied. By people who can understand its profundity, natch.

by Anonymousreply 65February 16, 2021 10:48 AM

I think my point from R4 has been proven

by Anonymousreply 66February 16, 2021 4:59 PM

Er...my point from R3 has been proven

by Anonymousreply 67February 16, 2021 6:08 PM

This entire thread smells like a snack bar trash can at Comic-Con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 16, 2021 7:15 PM

All of Snyder's movies for the mainstream DC Universe were just ugly fascistic crap. "Man of Steel" was bad enough, but "Batman v Superman" pretty much forever killed my interest in DC Universe films from then on.

Those of you who are talking about him like he's some sort of genius auteur--I don't even know what to say, other than that you must have the worst taste.

by Anonymousreply 69February 16, 2021 7:20 PM

R23 This reply couldn't be any dumber.

by Anonymousreply 70February 17, 2021 6:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!