Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woody Allen Accusations to be Regurgitated AGAIN

What is the god damn point of going over this AGAIN? Personally, I think it's one of those stories that has reasonable doubt on all sides. Unless there's a real smoking gun, there's no way to tell which of Dylan's parents screwed her up more.

And Woody's last film (with Timmy and Selena) was so god awful, he's doing more damage to his legacy than Ronan and Mia ever could

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2021 5:07 PM

Then why bring it up on DL???

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2021 7:23 PM

Nothing will come of the accusations anyway, just let them be. I don't think he did it. I think he might be into - or might have fucked - underage girls, but so what. Age of consent in Germany is 16, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2021 7:23 PM

R1 it's gossip.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2021 7:27 PM

There are some cases of celebrity sexual abuse - Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson, Harvey Weinstein - that I think absolutely yes, they're guilty, no smoke without fire etc, lock them up.

With Woody Allen though there's so much doubt. Mia Farrow and the children's evidence is contradicted by Moses Farrow and Mia's lifelong friendship with child rapist Polanski.

Just like Meryl in that nun film, I have my doubts.

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2021 7:28 PM

OP = worse than Hitler and Mia’s post-Woody career

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2021 7:29 PM

He's guilty!

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Our Timmy? "God awful," OP?!!

GET HIM, GURRLS!!! Squeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 7:30 PM

He’s innocent. Weird but innocent. Mia should be ashamed of herself. Hell hath no fury... for four decades?!?! Get help, girl. The adopted daughter was diagnosed at a very young age at being disassociative. Honestly, HBO wants to destroy Woody while simultaneously overpromoting sam levinson, whose work exploits and hypersexualizes young actors? Hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote]And Woody's last film (with Timmy and Selena) was so god awful

Didn't you know? Woody has dementia now. Soon-Yi is writing all his films.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2021 7:32 PM

Gee don't those filmmakers look like fun people? I know I want to spend 4 evenings with them.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote] takes viewers into Dylan Farrow’s public experience of accusing Woody Allen, her adopted father, of sexual abuse.

ie - Another hatchet job on Woody

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2021 7:46 PM

R5 if they want their threads to show up in search, they should write more than 3 words.

There's reasonable doubt and unless Woody or Mia admits to lying back then, we'll never know THE TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2021 7:51 PM

They're back! A new movie; a new series; and a new book. And Ronan Sinatra is writing articles again, after being cancelled for fibbing a while back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2021 5:56 AM

Why the fuck do people cut Woody Allen slack?

He's gotten away with so much shit.

It's not even just about Dylan--there's a laundry list of creepy shit.

If he isn't going to grant us the common courtesy of dropping dead, he deserves to get dragged on his deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2021 6:44 AM

Team Mia all the way.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2021 7:33 AM

same

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2021 9:03 AM

Mia and Satchel are the Wile E Coyote of family wrath.

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2021 9:07 AM

I read that as “Alien vs. Farrow”.

Ridley Scott, please make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote]Team Mia all the way.

Are you Team Mia in the same way that Mia was Team Polanski until #MeToo happened and she distanced herself from him because it hurt her branding?

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2021 10:00 AM

Will there be a sequel documentary featuring Woody & Mia's son Moses, who takes his father's side and is very critical of his mother?

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2021 10:13 AM

Not again. The Farrows are thirsty famewhores, end of.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2021 10:55 AM

29 years after this all went down, Mia and now Dylan are still using accusations to stay relevant and make money. At this point, even if Woody did everything he was accused of (and there's ample room for doubt), their actions are excessive and unhealthy. When you keep beating the same drum over and over and over for three damn decades, that is in no way "catharsis." It is toxic obsession with self and with revenge.

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2021 11:59 AM

God I'm SO tired of this but MIA IS BITCH.

It had to be said.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2021 12:20 PM

R22 And Satchel. Don't forget Satchel.

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2021 12:39 PM

It's like this, OP. Narcissits need attention more than they need self-respect.

That's why all of this has happened as it has.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2021 12:55 PM

I agree with r22. For a very long time I thought there was merit to the accusations because of Woody and Soon Yi’s creepy and inappropriate relationship— the thinking being “Well if he has no boundaries with Soon Yi...”

But the longer this has gone on, the more the Farrows milk this as their very reason for relevance, the more I doubt the claims. They seemingly do nothing to help survivors of CSA; they don’t donate, they don’t promote any charities or groups that help out victims. They don’t use any of their considerable resources to educate others or advocate for changes in the court system.

Dylan seems like a very fragile person. This constant cycle of publicly ruminating over alleged abuse that happened thirty years ago does not seem healthy.

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Exactly, R26. Any good psychologist would tell you that forever stewing in this is absolutely horrible for Dylan's mental and emotional well-being. Mia seems like a really bad, narcissistic mother.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2021 1:00 PM

Woody's fans are batshit crazy. I'm sure his friendship with Epstein was pure and innocent as well. The guy is a fucking monster.

But you gotta love Ronan for always managing to rile up the old pedophile's fan base without breaking a sweat.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2021 1:47 PM

For the record r128 I think Allen is a creep and I never gave a shit about his movies— always full of shrill women behaving irrationally just so the Allen stand-in could tell them they’re crazy as an excuse to run off after some ingenue. I’m the last person to be a fan of that dreck.

But his artistic output and the behavior of the Farrow family are two separate things.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]The guy is a fucking monster.

If anyone sounds riled up, it's you R28.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2021 2:38 PM

Team Mia, reluctantly. In the end, she was seriously provoked.

But also, they're all show people, there's always going to be drama with them.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2021 2:46 PM

In 1976, 16-year-old model Babi Christina Engelhardt embarked on a hidden eight-year affair with the 41–year-old filmmaker that mirrors one of his most famous movies. Now, amid the #MeToo reckoning and Allen’s personal scandals, she looks back with mixed emotions on their relationship and its unequal dynamic.

..... Despite the initial shock of jealousy, Engelhardt says she grew to like Farrow over the course of the "handful" of three-way sex sessions that followed at Allen's penthouse as they smoked joints and bonded over a shared fondness for animals. ("When Mia was there, we'd talk about astrology, and Woody was forced to listen," she laughs.)

Engelhardt writes in her manuscript, "There were times the three of us were together, and it was actually great fun. We enjoyed each other when we were in the moment. She was beautiful and sweet, he was charming and alluring, and I was sexy and becoming more and more sophisticated in this game. It wasn't until after it was done when I really had time to think of how twisted it was when we were together … and how I was little more than a plaything."

She continues, "While we were together, the whole thing was a game that was being operated solely by Woody so we never quite knew where we stood.".....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2021 6:08 AM

They try to make it a thing every 5 years but no one ever cares.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2021 6:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2021 6:14 AM

R28 = Jon Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2021 6:24 AM

Once he is dead, Woody Allen will be revered as one of the greatest American filmmakers. The unproven allegations of abuse perpetrated by the unhinged Mia Farrow will just be a footnote.

His later work is uneven but there are spots of brilliance. That is why top actors take huge pay cuts to work with him. I thought Wonder Wheel was stupendous.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2021 6:52 AM

Took. Took huge pay cuts to work for him.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2021 6:58 AM

It’s such a joke to me that Woody actually won Best Original Screenplay for Midnight in Paris, plus Cate Blanchett won as Best Actress and he was nominated yet again for Blue Jasmine just in the last ten years, but Mia is some great artist of respect when she has literally done nothing of merit since Woody cut her off? And Rhodes Scholar nepotism “Frank Jr” is any better? It’s pathetic and R36 is exactly right.

Scarlett Johansson (the highest paid actress alive), along with Diane Keaton, Anjelica Huston, Dianne Wiest and many other stalwart actresses support him, as well. Perhaps he’s creepy, but not a pedophile.

The whole case is so absurd when you realize Mia’s own brother was around these kids as a convicted pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2021 7:06 AM

If Scott Baio isn't going to jail, then Woody Allen shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2021 7:07 AM

That guy married his adopted daughter. I wouldn't be surprised if he did abuse Farrow

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 7:17 AM

No, R40, he didn't. Get your facts straight then you can join the discussion. Bye for now.

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2021 8:13 AM

"At this point, even if Woody did everything he was accused of (and there's ample room for doubt), their actions are excessive and unhealthy."

So there's bad people on both sides of rape. And therefore, the people who get raped just need to get over it on someone else's timetable. And also it's okay if you, the person who wrote the above, get raped and you need to get over it when I say so.

Fair is fair.

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2021 9:29 AM

THR reviews "Allen v. Farrow":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2021 3:24 AM

I can’t IMAGINE watching that. EXHAUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2021 3:33 AM

He’s definitely a creep but it sounds like Mia was too, and they were sharing 16 year old girls. She should have been with gorgeous men while she was young and then settled down with a creepy old man later in life. She really made many mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote]Why the fuck do people cut Woody Allen slack?

He's Jewish. They never do anything wrong in their own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2021 4:32 AM

To the antisemite at R46: And I'm sure no Jewish person has ever done anything right in yours. And fyi, your theory is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2021 4:57 AM

I wonder if the pedo implications would stick to Allen as easily if Soon-Yi weren't so unfortunate looking.

People seem to find Dennis Quaid and Sean Penn embarrassing since they're old men married to much younger women, but no one seems to think they're pedophiles. Allen hooking up with an ugly 19-year-old charisma vacuum seems to support the idea that he's obsessed with youth even to the point of sacrificing attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2021 5:21 AM

Soon-Yi is 50 now, imagine.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2021 10:58 AM

He married the sibling of his children and the daughter of his girlfriend whether or not he was technically her adoptive dad it’s creepy . DL and Hollywood may be able to excuse that but for most people that’s damning evidence that he’s capable of even more excessive derangement. Especially in the current environment .

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2021 11:11 AM

So Mia was very reluctant to participate in this doc. I can't imagine she'd be reluctant to engage in any Woody-bashing, since it has become her life's work.

Moses's accounts of Life With Mia are shocking, and he would not participate in the film (can't wait for his response after it airs).

I think it's time for Woody to seek legal recourse, even though he was cleared of all wrongdoing already (i. e. there was no trainset located in the attic). Or that clan will keep slandering his name.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2021 1:52 AM

I watched The Manchurian Candidate tonight, and now I'm unsure of Ronan's parentage again.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2021 5:23 AM

Mia will beat this drum until Woody dies and she dies. Ronan will keep the beat going afterwards. Whatever the truth is, they will never give up.

I doubt that Woody cares at this point. He'll never be prosecuted for anything, and his reputation is what it is. He'll die rich and secure.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2021 5:30 AM

Mia is the definition of sociopath parent. I think she’s one of the biggest psychos alive. She turned those kids against Woody. He eccentric and bizarre, but he’s no Diddler.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2021 5:38 AM

They’re both nuts but i believe the girl.

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2021 7:08 AM

But she told him she was still in high school, living with her family in rural New Jersey as she pursued her modeling ambitions in Manhattan. Within weeks, they'd become physically intimate at his place. She wouldn't turn 17, legal in New York, until that December.

Engelhardt says she grew to like Farrow over the course of the "handful" of three-way sex sessions that followed at Allen's penthouse as they smoked joints and bonded over a shared fondness for animals

------------------

Woody should have taped those sessions. This girl and Mia would have looked good together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2021 6:09 PM

I really hate Mia. I think she suffers from the same mental disorders as Angelina and Madonna - collecting kids to get attention and admiration for herself and treating partners unlucky enough to be snared by her like shit.

I guess it's a particularly vile form of Narcissism, more prevalent in women? A kind of Munchausen syndrome maybe?

(I'm none too sure about Mother Theresa either)

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2021 6:21 PM

Oh and I meant to say treating the kids they acquire like shit too.

by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote] [R22] And Satchel. Don't forget Satchel.

I thought he had finally changed his name to Pippi Longstocking.

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote] I really hate Mia. I think she suffers from the same mental disorders as Angelina and Madonna - collecting kids to get attention and admiration for herself and treating partners unlucky enough to be snared by her like shit. I guess it's a particularly vile form of Narcissism, more prevalent in women? A kind of Munchausen syndrome maybe? (I'm none too sure about Mother Theresa either)

Neither of them have convicted pedophiles as brothers. Neither of them accuse their ex-boyfriends of what their pedophile brothers are guilty of because their adult daughters please them more.

Shame on HBO for giving into this sensationalistic crap.

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2021 7:44 PM

Anyone watching the docuseries?

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2021 1:07 AM

Yes, and I’ve never understood why someone who professes to hate kids ever pursued a woman with seven children in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2021 1:25 AM

"Yes, and I’ve never understood why someone who professes to hate kids ever pursued a woman with seven children in the first place."

Yeah, what's up with that? Supposed Ronan is his; why have a child with someone if you don't like kids? And Dylan was adopted; you don't like kids and you go out of your way to get one by adopting?

At any rate this documentary supposedly once and for all reveals Woody Allen to be a perv. I won't watch it. I already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2021 1:31 AM

Two of Mia's adopted kids were so desperate for new clothes, they had to resort to shoplifting them

Of course they got caught, but to be that desperate for clothes on your back

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] At any rate this documentary supposedly once and for all reveals Woody Allen to be a perv. I won't watch it.

It doesn't do anything of the kind. It has nothing new to say and these very biased filmmakers are pretty clueless about this type of case.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2021 1:43 AM

No one has ever said her kids had no clothes and had to steal them, for god's sake. That's just the stupid shit the MRAs and conspiracists make up to defend Woody Allen.

It's so weird that the MK Ultra/Q Loon types are finally presented with someone in Hollywood who has somewhat convincing allegations against them and they're suddenly "no, no, see it's a conspiracy, he can't have molested Dylan because he was too busy keeping the kids from having clothing to wear along with Mia."

Of course you types aren't exactly talking about Victor Silva either, are you? So strange.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] No one has ever said her kids had no clothes and had to steal them, for god's sake

It's called "Hand-Me Downs"

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]I doubt that Woody cares at this point.

He cares enough to send Soon-Yi and Moses out to trash Mia publicly, he cares enough to repeat the crazy conspiracies you guys make up on weird blogs, he cares enough to keep sending stuff to Dylan after she's asked him not to, and he cares enough to deliberately get published with Ronan's publisher just to troll him.

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2021 1:49 AM

Oh, right, right, Mia forced the kids into hand-me-downs so they HAD to steal, poor little waifling orphans.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote] He cares enough to send Soon-Yi and Moses out to trash Mia publicly,

Soon-Yi rarely talks to the press and Moses spoke on his own.

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2021 1:50 AM

"Two of Mia's adopted kids were so desperate for new clothes, they had to resort to shoplifting them."

Sounds to me like they were just greedy little kids who wanted new clothes because they weren't satisfied with the clothes they already had. It's not like they were poverty stricken waifs.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2021 2:01 AM

Whenever I consider this whole mess I think of a few key elements. 1- Mia never talked to the press. She wrong a letter to the Times a few years ago in support of Dylan, but never did an interview or answered questions for all the articles that you might assume she did. The HBO docu is the first time she has given an interview on the whole thing. Woody has done many-

2- What would you do if you found pictures of your somewhat troubled adopted teenage daughter’s vagina along side other nude pics on your boyfriends mantle piece?

3- Ask yourself why Mia would concoct a story about another daughter being abused and supporting her accusations for 25 years through lawyers fees and if untrue at the expense of that daughter. Revenge? Think about it. After all, the CT abuse case was dropped when believed to have merit to save Dylan from the trauma of testifying. None of it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] The HBO docu is the first time she has given an interview on the whole thing

Utter bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 22, 2021 2:10 AM

How "Allen v. Farrow" Team Convinced Dylan and Mia Farrow to Share Their Story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 22, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote] How "Allen v. Farrow" Team [bold]Convinced[/bold] Dylan and Mia Farrow to Share Their Story:

ROTFLMAO!

Like anyone between Dylan Farrow and an open microphone wouldn't get trampled to death.

by Anonymousreply 75February 22, 2021 2:15 AM

Mother Theresa was your typical female Catholic psycho. Abusive bitch playing the martyr to get into heaven. Male catholic psychos don't really care about heaven as long as they can be the biggest assholes around.

by Anonymousreply 76February 22, 2021 2:27 AM

mia and dylan are broke, they did this mess for survival....follow the $$$ with these 2 grifters.

by Anonymousreply 77February 22, 2021 2:27 AM

lol I remember when one of Mia's other adopted kids had a gofundme for car repairs or buy a car.

by Anonymousreply 78February 22, 2021 2:40 AM

Ronan has been making Mia's mortgage payments .... hey give the old bitch a break.

by Anonymousreply 79February 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Matthew Previn was hot. Priscilla was smart to sink her claws into him.

Moses was cute as a button as a kid and grew up into being another hottie.

by Anonymousreply 80February 22, 2021 2:50 AM

Woody Allen, Soon-Yi Previn Respond to "Allen v. Farrow" Filmmakers: "These Documentarians Had No Interest in the Truth":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 22, 2021 4:21 AM

R71 = Joan Crawford

by Anonymousreply 82February 22, 2021 4:31 AM

Dylan's "rape" sounds almost impossible for a 57 year old man to commit.

He was supposedly alone with her for only a few minutes, got hard, penetrated her and finished? All the while the rest of the family were already on guard against him and watching out for his behavior.

Plus there is Dory Previn's song "Daddy in the Attic" which sounds like where Mia got the whole story. (Mia broke up Dory's marriage to Andre btw. There are no saints here.)

by Anonymousreply 83February 22, 2021 5:33 AM

Mia's daughter died of AIDS in poverty in the Bronx.

Mia's checks didn't clear I guess.

by Anonymousreply 84February 22, 2021 5:34 AM

I hate Allen's movies and his whole persona. I think what he did was Sun Yi is creepy as fuck. But I watched anyway...

But how in the world does a dad in his underwear in his bed cause such alarm and judgement? My god. What a weird thing to even posit. My dad was always in his underwear. He certainly would be if we crawled into his damn bed to snuggle when we were five or six!

I do, however, believe that Dylan thinks she was molested. I do. I don't feel she's lying in the Whoopie "lie" lie sort of way. But I don't think Woody did anything. I think he committed the grievous sin of really loving the kid.

by Anonymousreply 85February 22, 2021 7:49 AM

[quote]Ask yourself why Mia would concoct a story about another daughter being abused and supporting her accusations for 25 years through lawyers fees and if untrue at the expense of that daughter. Revenge?

Right, and not only that, but the problems Allen was having with Dylan and Satchel date to LONG before his affair with Soon-Yi. Would Mia have really invented a pedo accusation when she already had all that evidence of Allen being physically abusive to Satchel and "grossly inappropriate" with Dylan?

Especially when Mia DIDN'T report the accusation, the pediatrician did, and then never went through with having Dylan testify.

It just doesn't make any sense. The Woody supporters try to muddy the waters with conspiracies involving racism against select adopted children, brainwashing schemes, a Deep State antisemitic conspiracy, all sorts of crap, but the bottom line is that the common misconception that she was a bitter jealous old bitch who made up pedo accusations to get back at a poor innocent man are fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2021 8:00 AM

[quote]I think he committed the grievous sin of really loving the kid.

Laying it on a bit thick, aren't we?

Woody Allen was in therapy with Dr. Kathryn Prescott because of issues he was having with both his children. He attended therapy with Satchen who was seeing Dr. Susan Coates, and he attended therapy with Dr. Nancy Schultz who was treating Dylan. He was supposed to be working on his relationship with his two children.

Instead, he started fucking their teenage adopted sister.

Then he went to Dr. Coates and asked her to come up with some way to package his relationship with Soon-Yi so that Satchel wouldn't be upset by it.

But yeah, he just wuvved his kids too much.

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2021 8:02 AM

* Satchel, not Satchen

by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2021 8:03 AM

We will never know for sure, but I do believe he molested her. How old does Mia claim the adopted daughter was Woody began a sexual relationship with her! ( I have forgotten her name, the one he is married to?)

by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2021 8:08 AM

Hiding in plain sight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2021 9:01 AM

Dylan Farrow on "Allen v. Farrow" Response: "The Truth Is Something That Cannot Be Changed":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2021 5:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!