Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A new Woody and Mia documentary to delight DL!

Next month on HBO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2021 5:08 PM

I smell hatchet job. Unless Moses is included, I ain't watching.

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2021 4:09 PM

In the meantime, if you haven’t watched BY THE WAY, WOODY ALLEN IS INNOCENT check it out on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2021 4:10 PM

Alternate title, "Beating a Dead Horse".

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2021 4:25 PM

I was thinking more like "Beating a Dead Horse Part 28: Ronan/Satchel Has Friends at HBO"

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2021 4:36 PM

Who gives a shit at this point anymore? I am sick of the whole lot of them, and of all their creepy hangers-on.

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2021 4:38 PM

Apparently to Ronan’s media friends, only the prized, white, bio-kids of the troubled Farrow family are to be believed. Their experiences count more than Moses and the dead, adopted siblings who had to live through Mia’s psychological and physical abuse.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 5:53 PM

" Their experiences count more than Moses and the dead, adopted siblings who had to live through Mia’s psychological and physical abuse."

Oh fuck off, you Woody loving asshole. You don't know one fucking thing about it. You didn't live with them.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote] Oh fuck off, you Woody loving asshole. You don't know one fucking thing about it. You didn't live with them.

Oh, and you did?

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2021 6:09 PM

Guys: look for my cameo when Mia visits Sudan -- and, yes, I was ready for my close-up, but I still couldn't convince her to take me with her to Connecticut!

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2021 6:19 PM

R7 you sound stable. You only choose to believe certain children of a highly dysfunctional family with a mother who’s known to have issues. Mia who publicly supports proven pedaphile Roman Polanski while presenting herself as wronged mother of child abuse victim. Clearly Mia is a disturbed personality. Her now dead, adopted children had accused her of abuse as has Moses who is alive and corroborates abuse he and his siblings had endured from Mia. All of this is swept under the rug by Ronan, Mia, and their media friends. They resort to the old standby of “ungrateful adopted children” as deflection.

It’s clear that Mia had/ has some issues herself, this is going by her history as well as behavior that are known facts and/ or as described by those who were in her inner circle.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2021 6:27 PM

The canceling of Woody Allen really baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2021 7:03 PM

Jeez, Carly Simon? Why? Because she's another privileged white woman with terrible taste in men?

The attempts to demolish the credibility of the Yale-New Haven Child Sexual Abuse Clinic report are truly outrageous. Who the fuck cares if the clinicians' notes were destroyed after they compiled their report? What would that prove? That's standard practice to protect the confidentiality of the interviewees. This clinic is nationally renowned and still run by the same award-winning pediatrician who oversaw the Farrow investigation. Are we to believe that in the tens of thousands of cases they investigated that they dropped the ball with Dylan?

The fact that Mia videotaped Dylan (naked) over the course of 2 or 3 days to get her allegations on camera and then sent that tape to a local news station should have been grounds for an abuse charge.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2021 7:04 PM

MY TWOOTH! MY TWOOTH!

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2021 7:30 PM

Oh for fucks sake HBO, we've had sufficient!!

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2021 7:39 PM

"Clearly Mia is a disturbed personality. "

Clearly you are a Woody loving fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2021 7:50 PM

"Oh, and you did?"

I never said I did, dear. I'm just sick of these psychotics who kiss Woody Allen's ass and rake Mia Farrow over the coals.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2021 7:52 PM

Alternate title: "The Stepdaughter Wife".

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2021 7:53 PM

Woody Allen hasn't been cancelled. He just hasn't come out with a decent film since Match Point in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2021 7:56 PM

R18 Elle Fanning should hit the agent that gave her the script for Rainy Day in New York with her car.

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2021 7:59 PM

I believe Soon-Yi.

When I read the things that Mia said about her, described her *daughter* being lice-ridden, non-verbal and basically retarded, I knew all I needed to. How vindictive do you have to be, to say those things about a toddler who couldn’t help it? And when Soon-Yi committed her grave offense against Mia, she was a teenaged girl. Attack the grown man who groomed her! Going so viciously after your foolish naive daughter is a bridge too far. A loving mother would never throw that up in her child’s face.

And where was Soon-Yi’s father Andre Previn? A father is supposed to protect his child.

Neither one of them gave a shit about Soon-Yi.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2021 8:02 PM

"Neither one of them gave a shit about Soon-Yi."

They literally saved her life. If they hadn't adopted her she'd still be eating out of garbage cans in Korea. Or maybe dead.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2021 8:10 PM

Match Point came out in 2005, not 2015. But I agree...

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]The canceling of Woody Allen really baffles me.

He cancelled himself really, with his lousy work.

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2021 8:24 PM

for the first seven or so years of soon Yi's life with Mia and Andre, they lived in England, in the country near to London. Apparently they (the kids) never went anywhere or did anything. They had high profile showbiz parents they should have gone to all the kiddie movie premieres, plays at Xmas, - tons of cheerful things kids of those kinds of parents normally do. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2021 8:28 PM

Oops...sorry I'm late but MIA IS BITCH. Pandemics may stop the rest of humanity but there's just no stopping a worn-out catch phrase here on the good ol' DL.

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2021 8:47 PM

Did they ever interview Mia about her brother John or saint Ronan about his uncle? From 2014:

"Farrow's brother John Charles Villiers-Farrow began serving 10 years in prison for molesting two neighbor boys. According to the local Maryland news affiliate, authorities said "he abused one victim for seven years, beginning when the boy was nine, and abused another boy from the ages of 8 to 13.""

In 1992 John Charles Villiers-Farrow said about Woody Allen: "[He's] going to be indicted, and he’s going to be ruined. I think when all of it comes out, he’s going to jail."

Hypocrisy seems to be part of the Farrow DNA. I hope Madonna and Angelina Jolie treat their adopted Unicef photo-shoot props with more respect than the redhead who killed my beloved mother on the Nile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2021 9:11 PM

Link from 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2021 9:14 PM

Mia shot and killed Angela Lansbury, and yet you still support her?

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2021 9:29 PM

Not a Woody Allen fan, but aren't most sex offenders serial offenders? Has anyone else accused him of pedophilia?

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2021 9:54 PM

R29, my thoughts exactly. Never a whisper of Woody molesting any child, before or since. Mia needs help, but has too much invested in this now to get it. Years from now, once she's gone (along with most of us), the truth will come out about her, once the kids realize what a monster she was.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2021 10:05 PM

"Never a whisper of Woody molesting any child, before or since. "

Not all sex offenders are serial molesters. Some of them just fixate on one child, like Mary Kay LeTourneau did. She just molested/one. I think it was the same for Woody Allen; his perverse affection was focused on one child. And ever before all that hit the fan it was well know that he had particular fondness for young girls. Teenage girls. He's definitely a perverse creep.

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2021 11:18 PM

Woody! Mia! Girls! Girls! You're both awful!

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2021 6:27 AM

R20 why did she blame Soon Yi and not the “adult who groomed her?” Because Soon Yi wasn’t giving her starring roles in movies.

The craziest thing is that she begged Woody not to leave her and showed up to wardrobe for his next movie, like everything was normal. So she would have brushed off the affair altogether if he had only continued to help her career.

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2021 6:53 AM

This will be brad/angelina and the kids after 5-8 years. Pax has already started with an angry insta story on Brad.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2021 7:14 AM

Sun-Yi was nothing more than a teen tart. She manipulated Woody & Mia and destroyed the family.

Probably a plant from North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2021 7:28 AM

R34 What did Pax say?

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2021 11:33 AM

Can someone please explain to me how Mia being evil and crazy necessarily makes Woody innocent?

IMO they're most likely both guilty as charged.

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2021 12:00 PM

Because the fact she is evil and crazy, R37, would cast serious doubt on the validity of the allegation and explain why she and two of her equally crazy children feel compelled to keep it in the headlines despite the glaring lack of evidence. Dylan now claims in her new interview with Elle that she felt compelled to have Mia's friend Nick Kristof publish her open letter in the NYT in 2014 because Blue Jasmine had received three Oscar nominations and "nobody cared." This makes no sense as a trigger because Woody's movies had racked up a dozen Oscar nominations since 1993 and Woody has famously never attended the ceremony (except as part of a 9/11 tribute in 2002), not to mention the fact that Dylan was not in the industry. Mia, on the other hand, was probably both jealous of Cate Blanchett's award buzz and pissed that her character was a thinly veiled caricature of Mia, and then there was the need to drum up publicity for Ronan's new show on MSNBC after erroneously suggesting that Ronan "might" be Sinatra's son.

Dylan has written an "open letter" published on Kristof's NYT blog, an op-ed for the LA Times, been interviewed by our generation's Edward R. Murrow, Gayle King, written a sci-fi /young adult novel based on her allegation, and is now involved with this documentary. For somebody who is so easily triggered by Allen she seems addicted to media attention and is unable to talk about anything else--she is not sophisticated, funny, insightful or interesting. She doesn't even go by the name Dylan in her daily life anymore, presumably just hanging on to it for her role as Professional Victim. So what is motivating her? What does she want from the general public? She tells Jada Yuan at Elle: “I guess I’m just way more vindictive than anybody gave me credit for,” Dylan says. “And I say that because it’s not entirely a bad thing. Vindictive women can get stuff done.” That Dylan proudly calls herself vindictive seems to validate everything Woody ever said about Mia, and it is sad to see how she has molded her daughter to be an enforcer of Mia's vendetta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2021 2:37 PM

Who knows about the Sinatra thing, but I have a hard time imagining tough Barbara Sinatra allowing Mia any private time with old Frank.

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]only the prized, white, bio-kids of the troubled Farrow family are to be believed

Much of what Soon-Yi has said, Mia also admitted to her in her book, the telephone thing especially. Moses has only repeated what Woody has said, and both often repeat what people have concocted online or they tell lies that could be easily checked if people simply read the court documents. Further, there are a lot of non-white children of Mia's who either testified against Woody at the custody trial or haven't said anything.

You can pretend like this is racism but most of you guys are MRAs, rightwingers or even alt-right loons, you don't care about racism and it's laughable that you want us to think you do.

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]Can someone please explain to me how Mia being evil and crazy necessarily makes Woody innocent?

They can't, because that's not how it works.

Mia and her siblings were fucked up by their dad, that's why Prudence was involved with Robert Durst, why a brother is in jail for molestation, why another killed himself. Mia doesn't seem to fully understand what is appropriate behavior with kids and what isn't, though I think she improved as she got older.

Woody was in therapy for how he was treating both Dylan and Satchel, because Mia is pretty messed up and thought his weird attentions and/or abuse, depending on his mood, wasn't that bad.

That's why her reaction to Soon-Yi was of a jealous girlfriend and not, hey, maybe my 50-something boyfriend shouldn't be banging my teenaged daughter.

Then when Dylan said she'd been molested, Mia wasn't going to go to the police, the pediatrician had to report it.

At that point, Mia finally figured it out, but she went too far the other way and overdid the protective mother routine, probably in part out of guilt.

As I always say on these threads, I don't concern myself with Woody cheating on Mia, or with whether Dylan is telling the truth or not, because what we know is enough for me to be certain Woody Allen is a terrible person. He was in therapy because he was inappropriate to both Dylan and Satchel, and while in therapy, started banging their teenaged sister. That's all I need to know about the kind of guy he is.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2021 3:11 PM

R18 R22 Woody Allen’s last good film was Zelig in 1983

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2021 3:24 PM

[quote]HE RAPED MY BABY'S GASHLET BUT HER RAPED MY SOUL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2021 4:07 PM

I'm really tired of all these people. HBO, really? We needed this?

by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2021 4:14 PM

My favorite anecdote from the Nanny’s book was that Dylan was most upset because “Mommy wasn’t going to be in any more of Daddy’s movies.” LOL @ Mia’s narcissism!

by Anonymousreply 45February 13, 2021 6:16 PM

R36, here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 13, 2021 6:24 PM

Pax is the eldest, right? The one Angelina adopted years before she met Brad? He probably resented Brad from the moment he showed up on the scene and "stole" Angelina from him.

by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Heavens to Betsy! Pax! Is that thought to be real?

by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2021 6:56 PM

That Pax post is way more interesting than anything involving the two cretins who are the subject of this thread

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2021 9:52 PM

Team Mia here.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2021 10:03 PM

I don’t think that Pax post is genuine. Not a verified account.

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2021 10:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2021 10:36 PM

Allen married his common law wife's daughter. He is a disturbing, fucking psycho. This is how predator Allen was able to get away with it:

-Allen was a pedophile and no one knew what pedophilia was back then.

-There was no law on the books about common law partners and minor children. They changed the laws now.

The family court judge thought Allen was a fucking psycho and TERMINATED his parental rights to all minor children. Allen has been lying about the court ruling for years. This court ruling was SEALED because they automatically do this, when there are minor children involved. It is pretty clear case now because more people understand what child abuse is.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2021 10:46 PM

R41, Allen was not in therapy for his behavior towards his children. He had been in therapy for most of his adult life, long before he ever became ensnared with Mia and her brood. Satchel and Dylan were the ones in therapy, placed there by Allen and Farrow for other issues: Satchel was sent to Susan Coates because of what Allen called "gender issues" (i.e. queeny little Satchel wanted to be a Disney Princess as a toddler. Crazy Catholic Mia couldn't deal with having a gay son, and Woody sure wouldn't have been thrilled about it, either) and Dylan was sent to Nancy Schultz because she had difficulty communicating and lived in a fantasy world. Neither child claimed abuse to their respective therapists, both of whom met with Allen and Farrow as part of the children's treatment. This fact, that Allen met with his kids' therapists, is often twisted around to suggest that Allen was a patient, but he was not. Child therapists do not treat adults, and certainly not those suffering from negative sexual compulsions.

Coates thought the fact that Allen fawned over Dylan but gave the cold shoulder to the other kids was inappropriate--but not sexual. She also testified that Allen was a dedicated father and it was Mia who wanted to sabotage his otherwise healthy relationship with Satchel. Schultz testified that she didn't believe the abuse happened. Allen's therapist, Kathryn Prescott, claimed in a letter submitted to the court he did not have the pathology of someone suffering from deviant sexual behavior. The only people who imputed sexual overtones to Allen's behavior with Dylan were Mia, her best friend Casey, and Casey's babysitter, Alison. Ronan claims he remembers Woody's alleged sexual behavior with Dylan when he was five years old, but he had just turned 4 when Mia first found about Soon-Yi, so his "memories" are just lifted from Mia's memoirs, Mia even testified at the beginning of the trial that she thought Woody might be gay and that he would abuse Satchel, but she later had to drop that. That members of Mia's orbit have supported her life's mission to perpetuate these false allegations, seemingly of their own volition, is a remarkable testament to the intensity of her vindictiveness and the duplicitous image she has painstakingly cultivated.

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2021 4:09 AM

So Dylan dyes her hair Woody Allen-red.

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2021 6:01 AM

R53, you have no idea what you are talking about. Not even on one of your "points".

Stop pulling stuff out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2021 6:06 AM

"Allen was not in therapy for his behavior towards his children. "

That's not true, R54. Somebody linked the custody judge's finding here, and it specifically stated the above. Of course he's been in therapy forever, but the judge stated that well prior to Mia's complaint regarding Dylan, Woody had agreed to have therapy over his inappropriate obsession with Dylan. (I don't recall what he said about Satchel.)

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2021 12:21 AM

Read the judge's opinion on this case and its clear who's the perv here.

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2021 4:26 AM

His so called "obsession" with Dylan was not sexual. It was like helicopter parenting. That was made very clear by the person who labeled it an "obsession".

There is simply no credible evidence that Allen is guilty of anything. That is the reason the prosecutor didn't even bother putting it before a grand jury.

I have raed that judge's opinion and he was clearly biased and a bit weird. But, hey, not all judges are Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2021 4:51 AM

Can we preemptively agree to limit the inevitable discussion of this documentary to a single thread rather than 550 different ones?

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2021 4:58 AM

"That is the reason the prosecutor didn't even bother putting it before a grand jury.'

That is not true. It was considered that it would be too traumatizing to put Dylan through it but otherwise they would have prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 61February 15, 2021 5:03 AM

I for one am curious to revisit the whole mess. Yes, it's old news but even so. Just like kids today are discovering Princess Diana, a whole new generation will learn about Woody and Mia. And frankly, given today's climate, it'll probably generate a fair amount of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote]IMO they're most likely both guilty as charged.

I agree, they are shitty people in different ways. But, it's bugged me how the media, Judd Apatow, and others bitch up and down about Woody being a perv, but they ignore the weird shit and abuse claims about child collector Mia.

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2021 5:24 AM

[quote]t was considered that it would be too traumatizing to put Dylan through it but otherwise they would have prosecuted.

No. That was just their lame excuse for backing down and not even trying to prosecute the case.

We have had this discussion before. Every day there are similar trials with children just as potentially "traumatized" as Dylan might have been. Back then and now. The courts have special procedures for child witnesses that enable them to testify in a sensitive manner. They utlizied many of the same procedures back at that time as well. Witnesses have even been allowed to testify in another room apart from the defendant. I had a trial where one of the child witnesses testified via closed circuit TV from another room - not the courtroom.

That excuse just doesn't fly. But the state figured the generql public doesn't know any better. If they had believed it to be true they would never have let it go.

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2021 5:48 AM

[quote] I smell hatchet job.

What makes you think that?

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2021 8:01 AM

"It was considered that it would be too traumatizing to put Dylan through it but otherwise they would have prosecuted."

Yes - it is traumatizing for a child when she's expected to lie to a room full of people!

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2021 8:08 AM

I believe Woody Allen sexually assaulted a child and that's not right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2021 8:32 AM

R27: Salon is one to talk. Weren't they the one who posted an article by an actual heterosexual pedophile?

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2021 8:49 AM

Well, if Susan Sarandon has spoken on the subject, then that's the final word!

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2021 10:35 AM

I've posted this before on every thread we've had on this subject (so, every six months or so): Woody Allen is sleazy, no question, for several reasons including creeping on teenage actresses and hooking up with his stepdaughter. So if you want to cancel him for that, go with it.

BUT Mia Farrow is batshit crazy and, I am convinced, a victim of childhood sexual abuse herself. That damage is why she vaccillates between ignoring/ condoning inappropriate sexual behavior with the underaged (e.g. Polanski), and suspecting sexual abuse all over the place, which she then crusades against. I'm sure she thinks of herself as a great mother, but in fact, it doesn't look like she brought up any of her children very successfully, with the possible exception of her golden boy Satchel/Seamus/Ronan (and being on your third first name by age 30 is not a sign of great mental stability there either).

The specific abuse allegation with Dylan leveled against Woody is highly implausible, because it would have happened after he'd already hooked up with Soon Yi, in the middle of the acrimonious split, in Mia's own country house that was full of people at the time. Woody would have had to be incredibly stupid to do somthing like that then and there, and stupid is one thing I don't believe him to be.

I feel bad for the kids, especially Dylan or whatever she's calling herself now, because she's clearly been defined as a person by this situation, and that's on Mia.

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2021 11:16 AM

[quote]Allen was not in therapy for his behavior towards his children.

He absolutely was, as someone else said it's in the court papers. The doctor's name is Katharine Prescott.

Dylan was seeing a Dr. Schultz starting in 1991 and Satchel was seeing a Dr. Susan Coates since 1990. In the court papers, it's noted that Allen tried to get Dr. Schultz to “explain the relationship to Dylan in such a manner as to exonerate himself from any wrong doing."

by Anonymousreply 71February 15, 2021 11:26 AM

As we noted above, Mr. Allen maintains that Ms. Farrow's allegations concerning the sexual abuse of Dylan were fabricated by Ms. Farrow both as a result of her rage over his relationship with Ms. Previn and as part of her continued plan to alienate him from his children. However, our review of the record militates against a finding that Ms. Farrow fabricated the allegations without any basis. Unlike the court at IAS, we do not consider the conclusions reached by Doctors Coates and Schultz and by the Yale-New Haven team, to be totally unpersuasive. While the tendency of Dylan to withdraw into a fantasy and the inconsistencies in her account of the events of August 4, 1992, noted particularly by the Yale-New Haven team, must be taken into account in the evaluation of these serious allegations, the testimony given at trial by the individuals caring for the children that day, the videotape of Dylan made by Ms. Farrow the following day and the accounts of Dylan's behavior toward Mr. Allen both before and after the alleged instance of abuse, suggest that the abuse did occur. While the evidence in support of the allegations remains inconclusive, it is clear that the investigation of the charges in and of itself could not have left Dylan unaffected.

Allen v. Farrow, 197 A.D.2d 327, 332-33 (N.Y. App. Div. 1994)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 15, 2021 11:27 AM

[quote]Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 15, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote]The specific abuse allegation with Dylan leveled against Woody is highly implausible, because it would have happened after he'd already hooked up with Soon Yi, in the middle of the acrimonious split

That's not entirely true, as he had told Mia for months, from January 1992 to July or August 1992, that he and Soon-Yi were no longer together. They hadn't fully split at the time. Mia called Dr. Susan Coates on August 1st of that year to say she found out they were still seeing each other, which upset her because Woody had just a week earlier suggested he and Mia get married.

It's uncertain whether Woody knew Mia had found out that the affair was still going on August 4th, when he attended the party at her place in Connecticut where the abuse was alleged to have taken place.

Allen did find out on about August 6th when he attended therapy with Satchel and Dr. Susan Coates, who informed him of the allegations and what had happened. On August 13th he filed for sole custody of the kids, and on August 17th he went public with his affair with Soon-Yi.

This is all on Wikipedia so it's not like you can't find it easily. Their sources are solid.

by Anonymousreply 74February 15, 2021 11:47 AM

Will it have a soundtrack with Dorothy Previn songs?

by Anonymousreply 75February 15, 2021 12:10 PM

Woody Allen is creepy, but he’s always been creepy. I find it hard to believe he’s a pedophile, but he obviously has no boundaries, and thinks he’s entitled to anyone he’s attracted to, including teenaged girls. So, maybe, by definition, that makes him a pedophile, but I think that’s different from abusing prepubescents.

Still like most of his movies. And I still like Mia, even though she’s nuts. Her autobiography is one of the best Written memoirs I’ve ever read. And I like her movies. And I like her Twitter account.

Can’t wait for the documentary! Feels like a gift for this past hellish year.

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2021 12:31 PM

So fucking sick of this story. Time to move on

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2021 12:38 PM

Ronan is so pretty now he's going to re-do all of Mia's old films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2021 4:49 PM

One thing that deeply disturbed me in this mess is how Mia responded to the Soon Yi affair. (I never believed that Allen molested the toddler, but that doesn't mean I would ever have him around any of my kids).

I'm a parent and I can't comprehend any situation where I'd throw my kid out if my "husband" seduced her. I was a teenaged girl, and I know a lot of teens throw themselves at older people. But it's the older person's responsibility to not take the bait. Regardless of who seduced who, Woody is the responsible party. Mia's anger at Soon Yi--and her willingness to continue to work and sleep with Woody--is galling.

I'm sure I'm being sexist but I expect men to make terrible sexual choices, and I also expect mothers to protect their kids no matter how made they are at them.

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2021 4:56 PM

Dylan will FINALLY be heard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 16, 2021 5:55 PM

Is this saga the neverending story or something? Wasn't this already rehashed five years ago?

by Anonymousreply 81February 16, 2021 7:22 PM

Dylan just had a new repressed memory surface, this time Woody did it in the mudroom while she was forced to watched Mia's 1979 flop "Hurricane."

by Anonymousreply 82February 17, 2021 11:34 AM

I don't know if Woody Allen molested Dylan Farrow, but I do know he's a creepy, dirty old man. And the way people defend him with their blatant hypocrisy really pisses me off. All because they want to enjoy his movies with a guilt-free conscience.

by Anonymousreply 83February 19, 2021 11:07 AM

Interesting Review.

"Dick and Ziering set out to debunk common arguments made by Allen defenders. They showcase experts who discredit the Yale-New Haven Hospital report on Dylan — a primary piece of supporting documentation for Allen’s contention that Dylan either wasn’t being truthful or had been coached by Mia. They put Allen’s victory lap after Connecticut prosecutor Frank Maco decided not to bring charges, despite “probable cause,” in proper context (Maco didn’t want Dylan to have to endure the pressures of taking the stand).

But they aren’t as thorough with refutations when it comes to “the other side.” Moses Farrow has accused Mia of abuse and claimed Dylan was lying. Family members here call him a liar, and move on. Any claims made by Soon-Yi are even more critically dismissed, and there’s an occasional viciousness to how she’s treated in the doc. (Believe them or don’t, but the dynamic within the Farrow clan is unquestionably more complicated and fraught than what is acknowledged here.) "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 19, 2021 12:49 PM

How can you claim he doesn't have deviant sexual behavior, given Soon-Yi? That's where the Allen defenders lose the argument. Doesn't matter that they're married (he's pot-stock there), doesn't matter that he never officially adopted her. He met her when she was 10. He was in a relationship with her mother for years and had biological children with her mother.

Can you argue that away?

by Anonymousreply 85February 21, 2021 8:22 PM

Per Wikipedia: "Previn has said that Allen 'was never any kind of father figure [to her],' and added that she 'never had any dealings with him' during her childhood. The findings of the judicial investigation carried out during the custody trial between Allen and Farrow determined that before 1990 they had rarely even spoken to each other." Soon-Yi would have been 19/20 in 1990.

by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2021 1:21 PM

^ Amusing that. And utter rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2021 3:57 PM

R86, and Satchel and Dylan? Did Soon-Yi know them at all?

by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote]Clearly you are a Woody loving fuckhead.

This is a gay board, so I'm surprised there's not more support for a man whose name means erection.

by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]Oh fuck off, you Woody loving asshole.

Paging Dr. Freud. Dr. Freud, please pick up the WHITE courtesy phone.

by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2021 5:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!