Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Delphi Murders: chilling, puzzling and still unsolved. Can this mystery be solved?

On the “favorite mystery” thread, a poster mentioned the Delphi Murders and I looked them up. I fell down into a rabbit hole of podcasts (they are several good ones devoted to this story) and Reddit threads.

The basics: Two teen girls walking on a deserted bridge in Feb 2017 go missing and are found brutally murdered the next day, about 3/4 of a mile from the bridge. Immediately before the abduction, one girl posted a photo of her friend walking on the bridge to Snapchat. Later, the police reveal she also filmed the approach of their killer, as well as recorded him giving the chilling command, “Guys....down the hill.” There is more audio and video, but law enforcement has not released it. Nor have they released the cause of death, but certain horrific details have been leaked. It’s been four years and despite the evidence one of the victims was able to leave, the case has not been solved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175Yesterday at 9:47 AM

Oh Dear, this is so just so close to home!

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2021

Here you can see and hear the video of the suspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202/05/2021

Have they consulted with the local oracle?

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2021

You're funny, r3, but the story really is horrifying. I've thought about it repeatedly since it happened.

I thought they had brought in a suspect a few months after the killings who seemed like the likely perp?

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2021

I remember there was a long thread (or more than one) about this when it happened.

Googled - here is the one I remember:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502/05/2021

This is one that haunts me. I dearly hope they find the shitbag who did this and that there's a hell waiting for him at the end of the line.

If you haven't listened to The Prosecutors Podcast's four-episode series on this, I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2021

I mentioned it on that thread. I think the creepiest part is the police apparently know who did it but because of the video quality they can't charge to culprit so are just waiting for him to make a mistake. Imagine knowing the killer is in the community, could be someone you speak to everyday and they are just walking about as if nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2021

The Monon Trail also passes by the former (now abandoned) estate of Herb Baumeister, who buried some 30+ of his victims on the property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 802/05/2021

I first read about those girls on DL

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2021

Here's a good recap of the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2021

Thanks R5 I did search and didn’t find anything.

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2021

R8, I had not read about that! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2021

Yes, this one horrifies me. “Guys, down the hill.”—-FUCK YOU, MAN! I hope this guy ROTS.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2021

R7 Please elaborate! I wondered if they had someone in mind. But why not arrest him, is the DNA chain of custody compromised?

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2021

R14 During one of the press conferences a couple of years ago, the police stated that they had someone in mind and they were probably watching the press conference at that moment, they went onto say that the culprit would slip up and they had almost certainly told someone something about the murders and that person would come forward eventually. It was a matter of when rather than if they were caught.

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2021

R13 if ever someone deserved a kick in the cuntbone...send him flying right off that bridge.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2021

The local police say the case is still active. They still get tips on the hotline.

I really do hope that he is caught some day - and that his lawyer doesn't get him off on some technicality.

by Anonymousreply 1702/05/2021

There's also differing tales on the recording. Some say that the recording contains much more footage of the killer but the parts with him in it are to graphic and disturbing to show and don't want to upset the families, and others say that what is out there is all they have off the killer but don't want the killer to know that's how little footage they have of him. I used to believe it was the former but as the years have gone on I think it's the latter.

by Anonymousreply 1802/05/2021

The state police must be terrible. They have video, audio, and they should have dna of the killer, yet this case has been unsolved for nearly three years. Are they waiting for a confession?

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2021

Thanks R15. That PC was odd.

R17 me too.

I guess what bothers me is how calm he sounds on the recording. And I guess not knowing the cause of death and WHY he did this makes it even more disturbing. I mean, not knowing the “how”means any awful thing you think of, if that makes sense.

I have read that he planned to take them somewhere but they broke and ran at some point and he was furious and then killed them quickly but not the way he fantasized (taking them somewhere and keeping them alive for a while first).

I never wanted children and don’t even like them but this case really bothers me. They looked like sweet girls and it pisses me off that now the people there can’t even enjoy those trails.

It’s like Holden Caulfield observed, “people always ruin things.” Those trails at probably really pretty and fun for teens to hang out on (instead of being at home on their phones) but this asshole had to ruin that.

by Anonymousreply 2002/05/2021

R18 I have heard that there is 7 minutes and also 40 minutes. I think you could be right about that being all they have UNLESS everything else is too disturbing (him talking but you can also hear the girls pleading or whatever). Maybe this is the only thing he says without their voices mixed in.

There is part of the video of one of the girl’s reactions that haunts one of the investigators. I’m assuming he means fear on her face as the guy approaches.I cannot imagine having to view images and crime scenes like this and then go home and live normally.

by Anonymousreply 2102/05/2021

The main suspect/killer is probably well-connected, like a local politician's son.

by Anonymousreply 2202/05/2021

R22 I believe he is connected, he's definitely killed before and knew that trail. In terms of the disturbing footage I've heard, it's always hearsay in this case, that the disturbing footage consists of what the killer does to the bodies. The stories vary from one of the girls still alive crying for help while the other lays dead next to her, the killer moving the bodies into disturbing poses or the killer violating one of the girls who was still alive and the body of the first girl that was killed. It's a strange case.

by Anonymousreply 2302/05/2021

But even if he is connected to local police, that wouldn’t stop the FBI from moving in on him, right?

Also....it’s such a small town. If they know who it is, that name would get out. I bet those residents are furious and if they knew the name of a local guy, someone would go for him.

I think it’s more likely someone who knows the area (truck driver? Meat packing plant worker?) but doesn’t live there....

by Anonymousreply 2402/05/2021

R23 That’s awful. I thought that there was no sexual assault? I think he planned to but they ran and he killed them in anger. I’ve read one girl appeared to have been killed quickly, almost as an afterthought, and the other seemed to have been the target of his rage.

by Anonymousreply 2502/05/2021

Alonzo Brooks was murdered in a small town, too (Unsolved Mysteries, Volume 1). Everyone in that town seems to know who had killed him, and where his body had been hidden and stored. No one has ever talked.

As for the FBI, are they even involved? The wikipedia page only mentions the Indiana State Police.

by Anonymousreply 2602/05/2021

R26 the FBI are involved, yeah. Apparently an agent was home visiting family there when it happened and brought the FBI in. Or, more likely, it was the cause of death that got them involved. I agree with the poster who said he’s done this before.

I hadn’t know about the Brooks case but will read about it. I just cannot imagine a community knowing and someone not taking matters into their hands if law enforcement won’t. I mean, look at the guy in the thread about the PA murder-suicide and that was just about snow dumping!

by Anonymousreply 2702/05/2021

R24 I would've thought the same but I read a case last year about a woman who was killed by her boyfriend, I can't remember the full details and I wish I had bookmarked the info, the guy was either in the police or had connections to the police. The boyfriend and his brother were known for importing drugs through their small town, very well connected to the drug suppliers, the girlfriend found out and was killed. The father of the girl made it his mission to prove the boyfriend was the killer, he was a constant thorn in the boyfriends side. One day, months later, the father took his young son out hunting on some land that bordered the land of the boyfriends, the son was looking through the scope of the rifle and noticed something across from them, the father went to look through the scope and was shot and killed. The FBI hadn't been involved there either.

by Anonymousreply 2802/05/2021

R28 that’s horrific. But I don’t think in this case it was someone who knew these girls. Evidently they talk about a creepy guy following them and what should they do about it on the video. If they knew him, they’d be like, “why is Coach Smith here?” or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 2902/05/2021

R29 Sorry, I wasn't getting at that part. I was just trying to state that the FBI don't always get involved in these situations. I mean if they weren't involved in murder and drug smuggling it shows that they pick and choose their cases.

by Anonymousreply 3002/05/2021

R23 I’m not sure the video could include the murders...unless you mean just the audio?

by Anonymousreply 3102/05/2021

I remember when this happened, and thinking that they would have someone in no time. With video, audio etc, I was sure of this and thought the girl who kept her phone going was so smart. I would never have believed then that it would still be going on 4 years later. So incredibly sad. I agree with the OP too, it's horrible that what should be a great place with a great pasttime for kids should be ruined like that.

[quote]Also....it’s such a small town. If they know who it is, that name would get out.

There's a case from the mid 90s in my home state where a woman was stabbed on a beach just outside a small community. They've said for years everyone there knows who did it, but it's never come out. So horrible when this happens.

by Anonymousreply 3202/05/2021

I have been reading true crime stories since I was 12 years old. All that I could get my hands on. Watched true crime shows as well. This one really bothers me in a way others don't. It is haunting. I check online every few months, hoping that sob has been caught. Just my opinion, but I think he has no connection to that town. A truck driver maybe or someone whose job requires travel. I wonder if you had to live in that town to know the area they were at? Would a stranger to the town be aware of it? He will kill again, and has probably killed before. Has there been a profile of him by the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 3302/05/2021

I remember this being national news when it happened. The audio clip and still image of the suspect made it especially stick in my mind. I am somewhat surprised the case hasn't been closed yet what with the footage of the killer—as was mentioned above, though, they may not have a sturdy enough case to "prove" their POI is responsible, even if they know who he is. They've never publicly released information as to what exactly happened to the girls, though one can only assume they were likely sexually assaulted before being killed. Thinking about what their final moments alive were like is truly upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 3402/05/2021

I suspect the same thing R33, but it's not based on anything but a feeling. Just that I assume he was some sort of transient. But then, if he was, was that track common knowledge, or do you think he saw the girls earlier and followed them down? Brrrr.

I agree with the other poster too who says looking at their photos they just look like such nice girls, it really breaks your heart.

by Anonymousreply 3502/05/2021

OP/R21 the thought of there being 40 minutes of audio/video footage is truly gut-wrenching to even imagine. Murder is horrible enough, but there is something about it being recorded and preserved that makes it profoundly more disturbing to me. Any murder cases where there is audio/video of the act chills me to my core for some reason. I too can't imagine having to review footage like that and not having it get seared into your mind. I think I would have nightmares for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 3602/05/2021

I worked with a barrister once who had had to view CP images. He freely admitted he was fucked up for life because of it. He seemed like such a gentle soul most of the time, but could snap angrily really suddenly, and then immediately go back to his gentle self again. Stands to reason.

by Anonymousreply 3702/05/2021

HLN is airing a 2-night documentary based on the hit podcast, Feb 14 & 15. I hope this revives momentum in the investigation and finally leads to an arrest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3802/05/2021

I wonder if the killer was law enforcement? A cop? Or someone prominent? That would be the only reason they might drag their feet. Tell you what. If they have someone who is 90% a good candidate for killer, I just have him "suicide."

by Anonymousreply 3902/05/2021

The girls had noticed the pervy guy earlier when they later noticed him following them across the abandoned train trestle. One of them started filming him but stuck her phone in her pocket when he got close so he wouldn't see it. The video image of course turned black but it kept recording audio of their murders, which were evidently horrorific.

This is one of those cases that was fucked up from the beginning due to the total incompetence of local law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 4002/05/2021

r40, you don't know what they do or don't have......a bit silly to call law enforcement "incompetent" without knowing a damn thing. I don't get armchair detectives who think they're Sherlock Holmes

by Anonymousreply 4102/05/2021

Thank you, (R38).

by Anonymousreply 4202/06/2021

I doubt that recording is 40 minutes, the phone would've died before the 40 minute mark.

by Anonymousreply 4302/06/2021

^. This. Also, highly probable phone got bumped during violence that caused it to stop recording.

by Anonymousreply 4402/06/2021

Didn't he force them to get in water at one point? I went down the Reddit Rabbit hole last night and read that there, but idk if that is accurate. There were some very iffy pics that the person claimed was one one the victims. It was very suspect, imo.

by Anonymousreply 4502/06/2021

R45 I think they crossed at a shallow point? I did read that the bodies were found on the opposite bank to where he forced them down the hill.

Thanks to the poster for the info on the upcoming HLN update.

by Anonymousreply 4602/06/2021

R43 Also, I think the father called at one point and I believe that would stop the camera?

What I don’t get is where was the phone? I’m assuming the killer found out she had it and tried to destroy it and it was found in the water?

by Anonymousreply 4702/06/2021

What horrible details have leaked?

by Anonymousreply 4802/06/2021

Thank you. I do hope the killer is not in or related to LE and being protected. At least the FBI is investigating.

by Anonymousreply 4902/06/2021

(R48) On reddit a women is claiming to have images of one little girl, deceased of course. She claims the images are from a search chopper. However, I do not think she is trustworthy. Of course I may be wrong, but she comes off as shady to me. Google The Delphi murders/reddit/images.

by Anonymousreply 5002/06/2021

The murderer was or is definitely local or at least knew the trail. The walkway they crossed was pretty damaged and he must have had prior experience of walking it, as he crossed it pretty quickly. The timing of the girls recording, their death and the finding of their bodies also meant the killer acted quickly which likely means he had a confidence in surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 5102/06/2021

R48 Well, I went back and read the original thread on this case (which was real time) and one of the posters on their said his father had a friend on the police force in a neighboring town and that friend has been part of the search party. Take with a grain of salt but he said that the younger girl, Abby, was killed quickly but the older girl, Libby, had fought and had much more trauma. Both girls had open caskets but had to wear scarves. Not sure if same poster but another perosn said that the audio after the “down the hill” line was the girls screaming, which chilled me. Not sure why, when the whole thing is grotesque.

I have read on Reddit that the girls were nude or that one was and the other wasn’t. That Abby was posed like a “doll” with her hands folded but not sure what that means. I have read they were sexually assaulted and that they weren’t.

Recording the recording, that it is brief and that it recorded the murders.

The scarves seem like a true report as I’ve seen it over and over.

by Anonymousreply 5202/06/2021

Just seeing how close he was at this point in video and how the girls knew he was trouble, the thoughts going through their head at that time... really fucking awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5302/06/2021

R50 I saw those images but can’t make them out. They seem to show a person leaning against a tree? On Reddit they speculate it’s Abby, but i thought she was supposed to have been laying down.

by Anonymousreply 5402/06/2021

More info on reddit: The killer appears to be an avid outdoorsman. A fishing kit of some kind can be seen on his person, as well as a gun. The girls were stabbed, right? Again, this is all from the same person described above, but you can see the outline on his clothing, imo. That does ring true. (R52)- I totally agree that he knows the area very well and lives there. I had doubts before but no longer after learning more about that terrain.

by Anonymousreply 5502/06/2021

I thought she was too, OP, but in that image she is in a sitting position against a tree. This is why I question that persons credibility.

by Anonymousreply 5602/06/2021

Does anyone have a link to the image, I've searched but not been able to find it.

by Anonymousreply 5702/06/2021

R57 I think they’re on a thread in the Libby and Abby Reddit sub. Can we link to Reddit on here?

by Anonymousreply 5802/06/2021

I have not been able to post a link for 2 days or I would be happy to. Very sorry.

by Anonymousreply 5902/06/2021

R58 Yeah, you should be able to.

by Anonymousreply 6002/06/2021

I've never understood why the girls didn't call 911. I've investigated this case quite a bit. Libby was posting to Snapchat, so they had a good signal.

There is a new sketch of BG in which he looks much younger. I'm wondering if they were lead there to meet a guy they'd been in contact with online, but all did not go as planned.

by Anonymousreply 6102/06/2021

One of the things I found strange was the then DA saying the crime scene was "odd" and that there were three signatures. Unless there was something incredibly bizarre about the crime scene, how do you determine something is a signature unless you're comparing it to another crime scene where the same things were seen?

The only thing I can think of is that he was comparing body to body — three unusual things done to/with each body.

by Anonymousreply 6202/06/2021

R61 They probably thought it was just some creep following them and didn't need the police.

by Anonymousreply 6302/06/2021

Am looking for the photos and came across this. Wow! This goes along with the theory they know who it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6402/06/2021

[quote]The only thing I can think of is that he was comparing body to body — three unusual things done to/with each body.

Rudely quoting myself here because I forgot to add that it doesn't really fit with what we've heard about one of the girls being the subject of his interest while the other seemed to have just been eliminated. Whatever the case, his interview raised so many questions in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 6502/06/2021

Oh wait, that’s one of those girls’ grandfather at R64. Never mind. I don’t believe it was family.

by Anonymousreply 6602/06/2021

This case haunts me. And yes, their deaths were violent. One girl in particular took the brunt of the attack. There have been texts on Reddit for years now. I believe it was from a first responder.

This guy WILL get caught someday.

by Anonymousreply 6702/06/2021

R67 You have to wonder what that one girl did to "deserve" that brunt of the attack? Did she fight back, did the killer see something about her that didn't like? Did she remind him of someone or maybe he had a connection to that girl.

by Anonymousreply 6802/06/2021

In that tread it said that the girls had spotted him earlier and he creeped them out. Their intuition , I believe. That is a great point about calling 911. If only. It is very difficult to study this case. I have to read a little and then back off for awhile. Too heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 6902/06/2021

R68 my assumption would be that it was as simple as she fought him more. I am presuming the girl who had more physical trauma was Libby, since she was older and bigger than Abigail, and thus probably more likely to put up a fight or try to cause a scene. I am assuming the killer was able to force the girls off the path and "down the hill" by either brandishing a gun or pretending he had a gun in his pocket. I doubt that they were shot to death, though, given that these trails are frequented by pedestrians/hikers fairly regularly, and are adjacent to the main town. Audible gunshots would have potentially drawn attention.

by Anonymousreply 7002/06/2021

You're welcome R42 and correction: BOTH parts are airing starting at 9pm, EST on Sat., Feb 15 (not the 14th & 15th). I discovered this whilst setting my PVR. Until then, I continue to binge the podcast "Down the Hill".

by Anonymousreply 7102/06/2021

1. Stay away from places like this. 2. Why didn't the killer didn't take the phone?

by Anonymousreply 7202/06/2021

The bodies were found on someone's property, weren't they? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 7302/06/2021

I used to regularly take my family dog out for a walk in a wooded area near my house when I was a teen, it wasn't a popular area but every so often I'd cross paths with someone and even as a well built teenage guy with a german shepherd I felt vulnerable, so I can only imagine how those girls must have felt in their final moments.

by Anonymousreply 7402/06/2021

R42 Feb 15 is a Monday, not Saturday, apologies (again).

by Anonymousreply 7502/06/2021

( R42) I think she hid the phone in her pocket. Such a smart little girl. So very tragic. God, they have to catch this piece of human garbage!

by Anonymousreply 7602/06/2021

R73, they were found at the edge of a privately owned 40-acre lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7702/06/2021

Thanks R77. This whole story gives me chills.

by Anonymousreply 7802/06/2021

Where there no cameras around that area at the time?

by Anonymousreply 7902/06/2021

R68- Yes. Apparently Libby fought back and he nearly beheaded her... It was apparently not a sexually motivated crime and neither girl was raped...

Such a mystery, this crime. I suspect that they do know who it is.. It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8002/06/2021

One theory that keeps floating around, on discussion threads: Libby's dad is a known druggie. Some people think he owed a drug debt, and Libby was killed as a message to him. Abby was collateral damage. This case haunts me. I hope that it is solved, and BG is punished.

by Anonymousreply 8102/06/2021

Also, this trail has spotty cell tower reception. There were no trail cams, at the time of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 8202/06/2021

Why were they killed if not for sex? That can’t be common.

by Anonymousreply 8302/06/2021

There had to have been a sexual component, whether they were sexually assaulted or not. Doug Carter read a few things during the press conference that seemed to come straight from a profiler, designed fuck with the killer's mind. Most notably: "The way you left them in those woods is not — IS NOT — what they're experiencing today"

That suggests posing or staging the scene for later masturbatory purposes. He wasn't speaking extemporaneously; he read it from notes. What purpose would that serve if not to intentionally apply psychological pressure, via the destruction of his fantasy, which might lead to a slip-up?

I wish I could remember who said it and where I heard it, but there was an interview with someone who had worked on the case and he mentioned how badly affected people he worked with had been by what they saw at the crime scene. When you start patching together all of the little snippets, it seems like something very freaky was done with bodies.

by Anonymousreply 8402/06/2021

The first thing found was the girls clothing so it's likely they were sexually assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 8502/06/2021

I live in Indiana and LE mentioned at one time the girls were controlled by the man’s dogs and the bodies had bite marks.

by Anonymousreply 8602/06/2021

I knew nothing about the case until today, but when I heard the man say “Guys, down the hill” it seemed like he was signalling other people via some Bluetooth handsfree set.

by Anonymousreply 8702/07/2021

I listened to it years ago and I just listened to it again. I know it's just a couple of words, but it fucking chills me to the bone. Those poor, poor girls.

by Anonymousreply 8802/07/2021

[quote]Recording the recording, that it is brief and that it recorded the murders.

I'm not sure that's true, when the obituaries were published, one girl's date of death was the day after the other girl's, indicating that they must have known one died before midnight and one after, some time apart.

by Anonymousreply 8902/07/2021

What happened to the girls doesn't have to have been "freaky" to upset people, just finding them partly clothed or nude and dead, possibly posed, would be bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 9002/07/2021

r64, explain. The vague talk and all the initials instead of full names doesn't help most of us who clicked on that link. Who is looking at who, and why do they think the person being looked at is the killer?

by Anonymousreply 9102/07/2021

That girl was incredibly smart to get it recorded. I thought they had a suspect. At least this case isn’t 30 years old like some others and they solve it. I hope the bastard didn’t just die from covid, getting away with murder. I can’t imagine being a parent and not knowing when your child is or what your child’s last moments were like. That recording must haunt them.

by Anonymousreply 9202/07/2021

I think this thread has a link to the helicopter photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9302/07/2021

Sorry R91 posted it before I read through. It’s some lone poster who think one of the grandfathers or both of them did it. I don’t buy it at all.

Yeah, on Reddit you see a lot of initials with explanation.

by Anonymousreply 9402/07/2021

Thanks R94, and also R93 for the link.

The photos at the link found in R93's thread aren't useful at all, but the info about the two white Dodge Darts is pretty interesting. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they were the same car and someone changed the plates during the day.

by Anonymousreply 9502/07/2021

[quote] I thought she was too, OP, but in that image she is in a sitting position against a tree. This is why I question that persons credibility.

I question the credibility because the "graphics editor" is wearing Lee press-on nails while pointing to something in those grainy pictures.

by Anonymousreply 9602/07/2021

Cell phone signal is bad there that’s why they were unable to call for help. It is also not known if the killer left the phone there or not. The cops could have taken the images and recording from the cloud

by Anonymousreply 9702/07/2021

R96 I thought the SAME thing and then felt guilty for it! I thought well, maybe most women have nails like that and I’ve just never noticed. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 9802/07/2021

R97 I think the images and audio were from the cloud. Not sure where the phone was found or if the guy knew a recording had been made.

I still think he meant to abduct them but they messed up his plans by running and he had to recapture them. That’s why they were killed in such a brutal way. He had been planning to take them somewhere to abuse sexually and torture over a day or more.

I can’t wait for this guy to get caught. I hope the fear of being caught is with him every day.

Years ago I saw this brutal movie called Short Eyes, about what happens in jail to a guy who raped and killed a young girl. Evidently even prisoners loathe child rapists/killers and they are (or were) called “short eyes.” The killer deserves his fate and more.

by Anonymousreply 9902/07/2021

HLN is doing a 2 part series on the Delphi girls on Feb 14 and 15

by Anonymousreply 10002/07/2021

R89- How long until the girls were found? The reason I ask is that the murderer may have been interrupted before he could sexually assault them? Several serial killers would return to the decomposing bodies of their victims. Ted Bundy even applied make-up and nail polish to the bodies, and also had sex with the bodies. Sick, sick, sick.

by Anonymousreply 10102/11/2021

R81 might hold the clue. If sexual assault wasn't the motive, the motive must have been something else we're not aware of - such as a payback for a parent's debt. The enforcer would come in, commit the crime, cover it up with the second child's murder, and leave the area. R81's theory makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 10202/12/2021

Payback? The guy was a stranger to them.

by Anonymousreply 10302/12/2021

R62- Do you think he was "speaking code" to the killer? To make him nervous, paranoid that detective knows something about him or who he is?

by Anonymousreply 10402/12/2021

The girls were found before noon the following day.

Evidently the sheriff is going to answer submitted questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10502/12/2021

Thank you ,R105.

by Anonymousreply 10602/12/2021

Is anyone here going to ask him a question? Anyone remember the Gainesville Ripper? He posed bodies in a horrifying way. He decapitated one poor girl and posed her head on a mantle as if her head was looking down at her body. This killer sounds like he has a remarkably similar MO. He died on the electric chair. Too bad this pos hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 10702/12/2021

R107 That is revolting. I hadn’t read about that case.

I only found about the questions after the noon deadline but not sure what I would ask. I’m new to the case and I’m sure anything I can think of someone has already asked..

Also, they haven’t really answered questions in the past, why now?

by Anonymousreply 10802/12/2021

In the drone pic it looked as if one body was posed with her shirt over her head and an object lying between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 10902/12/2021

[quote] Payback? The guy was a stranger to them.

How do we know that’s absolutely true?

For the sake of argument, let’s say they didn’t know him. That doesn’t mean he didn’t know their parents or someone close to them... someone he may have wanted to pay back.

I don’t feel strongly one way or the other, but I don’t think it’s a certainty that they or someone close to them didn’t know him.

by Anonymousreply 11002/12/2021

Then why haven't they identified him? I don't think the cops have a clue who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 11102/12/2021

R109 but what could the object be?!

by Anonymousreply 11202/12/2021

Maybe a tree branch. I hope I'm just seeing things and nothing that horrific happened to the girls.

by Anonymousreply 11302/12/2021

He is a serial killer. One thing I believe is that he targeted only one of the girls. Just like serial killers of women, they have a "type" . Same build, coloring, age of victims. One girl was just in the wrong place, wrong time. He targeted only one of them, imo. Again, jmo. He may have been interupted before he could finish whatever he had planned or felt in danger of getting caught out. We can only guess. But he could have absolutely targeted both, as did Ted Bundy at Lake Sammish. (Sic?)

by Anonymousreply 11402/12/2021

Some people think it could be the same guy who killed Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins. The crimes are very similiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11502/12/2021

R113 I have read that a tree branch was inserted into Abby’s abdomen, but not sure how (as in pressed into her stomach or inserted into her vagina). God, that is so awful. I saw the helicopter photos but it didn’t look like anything to me.

I’ve also read her body was still warm when they found her the next day....It’s so awful to think maybe she could have been saved had she been found the day/night before.

by Anonymousreply 11602/12/2021

They need to come up with, or utilize, cellphone GPS-tracking by wireless carriers. Run a report showing which phone #'s were pinging in a specific area at a specific time and solved a bunch of cases like this. Save a ton of time and money on investigations, get criminals in jail or in electric chairs.

by Anonymousreply 11702/12/2021

Where was Brenda Dickson? She may have been in costume and said “down the hill”.

by Anonymousreply 11802/12/2021

[quote] Where was Brenda Dickson?

I’m guessing Gelsons or The Abbey with her twink coke whores.

by Anonymousreply 11902/12/2021

Crying into her potato salad over the stolen election. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😭😭😭😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 12002/12/2021

Que? ^

by Anonymousreply 12102/12/2021

It was probably the county sheriff's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 12202/12/2021

Sorry, R119.

by Anonymousreply 12302/12/2021

Did anyone see the picture of a man with a standing next to a vehicle that matched a witness report? That could be a big lead.

by Anonymousreply 12402/12/2021

Local reports on the tv today reminded us that tomorrow is the 4th anniversary of the murder.

No new suspects - nothing to report.

The families sponsored a food drive for charity in the girls' names.

by Anonymousreply 12502/12/2021

Well, helowe! Well come, too, my hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12602/12/2021

R110 I think that's the point. The killer may have been an 'enforcer' for someone to whom a parent owed a debt. A poster upstream mentioned one of the girls' parent might have been in drug or gambling debt. The killer would have no tie to either girl except that they were the target of his boss. Making it look like a random murder / sex / pedophile crime would make sense to muddy their motive. The other girl just got caught in the cross hairs.

by Anonymousreply 12702/12/2021

I don't think enforcers usually kill children.

by Anonymousreply 12802/12/2021

You've seen too many movies. Real drug dealers don't go around killing children and staging crime scenes. If they did they wouldn't be in business long.

by Anonymousreply 12902/12/2021

Only foreign factions do that!

by Anonymousreply 13002/12/2021

R128 and R129 This is why the crime won't be solved. Investigators need to think outside of what "real drug dealers do" or "real people do" - there is no REALITY to a crime like this.

by Anonymousreply 13102/12/2021

For instance, the Harvard professor who keeps insisting aliens visited earth could be feeling guilty that he covered up for the alien-murderers and providing us with subtle hints that they are actually guilty. Someone should do a podcast on him and investigate this theory. No stone should be left underturned!

by Anonymousreply 13202/12/2021

R127 I guess that’s more comforting than just a random killer...

by Anonymousreply 13302/12/2021

R83 cops are not releasing those details. As far as I've heard. They're keeping a lot from press.

by Anonymousreply 13402/13/2021

Four years. Will this ever be solved?

by Anonymousreply 13502/14/2021

Hell, there have been cases solved after 40 or 50 years.....so why not 4 years?

by Anonymousreply 13602/14/2021

I really hope so. I really want this guy to pay. This case got under my skin.

Not knowing the cause of death makes it worse because any terrible thing you can imagine could be true...

by Anonymousreply 13702/14/2021

Did anyone watch the HSN special tonight? While interesting, I found it almost unwatchable due to the poor sound editing. The music was so loud it overpower the interviews and narratives. I finally turned on my CC and muted the tv.

by Anonymousreply 13802/14/2021

I’m watching now and r138 is right. They have loud piano music drowning out the grandmother right now.

by Anonymousreply 13902/14/2021

The special on HLN was very disappointing. An absurd amount of commercials and no new info. Just something thrown together to keep the case alive and in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 14002/14/2021

This site has some info all together.

by Anonymousreply 14102/14/2021

I thought I had accidentally hit the wrong setting on my surround sound tuner because the music was blaring and I couldn't hear the people speaking.

by Anonymousreply 14202/15/2021

I just finished part II. The sound editing was much better. My two cents:

In Part I, after the initial sketch of the Bridge Man was first shared with the audience, the next image/picture/scene was a close up of the sheriff who looked strikingly similar to the sketched image of the suspect. I actually rewatched the transition multiple times.

In Part II, the sheriff stated he had been reported as a suspect at least 3 times and had been questioned. This validated my opinion of the striking resemblance.

Later in Part II, they show video footage of a press conference held with the sheriff positioned behind the officer leading the conference. The sheriff’s face was extremely flushed and became became beat red by the end of the briefing. The sheriff also had notable body language that could be interpreted as guilt or fear. He looked away during poignant moments and gulped at one point. It was emphasized that the police department felt like the perpetrator was present at the briefing.

The sheriff is also shaped like the man in the photos and videos. He would also carry himself with confidence and know the lay of the land. I’d love to have seen the sheriff photographed in the same position as the man in the photograph on the bridge and see if the images aligned.

I’m sure I sound kooky, but ithese details were so obvious and couldn’t be ignored. Surely I’m not the only one who made these observations.

Anyone here have additional details on the sheriff or have more knowledge with this case?

If the sheriff is indeed innocent, this documentary didn’t do him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 14302/15/2021

R143, I don’t have HLN. On the show, did they say the sheriff was a suspect? I found it odd to address two young girls as “guys.” Also, the man in the video did seem confident in directing two strangers “down the hill.” Someone in law enforcement would have had practice in directing people on what todo, where to go.

There are also sketches of the possible perp’s face. Eyewitnesses had seen a man in the area.

by Anonymousreply 14402/15/2021

R144, they documentary indicated that many were “investigated” and “interviewed”. The sheriff himself stated that “even he was reported by at least three people” (he didn’t know who) and was therefore questioned/interviewed. Kind of odd that he’d include the detail that he didn’t know who would have called in a tip about him.

“Guys” is used by midwesterners to address both sexes. Not uncommon at all. It was noted that the new recording with the additional of “guys” may have been spliced - iow, it may not have been part of the order to go down the hill, but part of a later utterance. The police department took the liberty of connecting the spoken speech in the recording.

I wish someone with money or connections would help these families hire a private investigator or lawyer to access additional details on the case. If the perpetrator is indeed in law enforcement, there’s incentive for a major cover up.

Surely the sheriff’s behavior at the briefing alone raised concern.

by Anonymousreply 14502/15/2021

Crossing the bridge was not permitted and signs were posted. Anyone could have easily convinced the young girls that they weren’t allowed to be on the bridge and must return by a different route, then guiding them down the hill to an alternative route to the trail head.

If ithe Bridge Man was someone in law enforcement, the girls may have initially trusted him and acted with compliance if he showed his badge. It wasn’t until he had the girls down the hill that he revealed his motives.

by Anonymousreply 14602/15/2021

That bridge was really scary-looking, having no side rails.

by Anonymousreply 14702/15/2021

"... as well as recorded him giving the chilling command, “Guys....down the hill.”

This is the fatal flaw. Never help someone take you somewhere ("I'll do anything you want just please don't hurt me") or let them tie you up- even if they have a gun or knife pointed at you. There's a reason they want to move you to another area. You will lose all power.

Don't help them at all. They're probably going to kill you anyway. Say, "Drag me". Scream. If nothing else claw their skin and get their DNA under your fingernails (it's probably on file somewhere already).

If they make you drive them somewhere plow right into another car, or something in a high traffic area like a parked car, telephone pole or even a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 14802/15/2021

R143 That is fascinating about the sheriff. I hasn’t known about the tips on him but a week or so I was watching one of the briefings (this one appeared to be held in the woods) and he was standing behind Carter. I couldn’t help but be drawn but the sheriff’s face/expressions and it did occur to me that he resembled the Bridge Guy. I wonder who called him as a tip and why?

The “guys” and “down the hill” are in order, according to one of the parents/grandparents who listened to the recording and were interviewed on a podcast. To me, it sounds like he approached them, got their attention with “Guys?” and then showed a gun. If you look at the photo, there does seem to be the outline of a gun in the right pocket of the jacket and his hands are in his pockets. Would a law enforcement officer carry a gun that way? I think an officer would have a holster, even a hidden one.

Also, if you listen closely to the recording, it sounds like you hear the “Guys” and then one of the girls yelling something. To me, it sounds like “oh my God!” And then “Down the hill.” Others have heard “He’s got a gun!” or “I said NO!”

by Anonymousreply 14902/16/2021

Just for the sake of argument...is it possible as someone mentioned upthread that it could possibly have been someone they met online that they were meeting up with to hang out? Like someone claiming to be a 13 yr old boy online and then a man shows up?? It just seems odd for a serial killer to strike in the remote area hoping a couple of teenage girls stroll by. That might also explain why they would keep some of the recordings from the public.

by Anonymousreply 15002/16/2021

R150 I think they’ve ruled that out. Trying to recall which podcast, but it was raised with either a family remember it law enforcement.

Also, I think it was unlikely an online correspondent because couldn’t he be traced?

I suspect (just my opinion) that this guy was familiar with the area but not a local and had been scoping out this trail for a target for a while. It seems he came prepared with a weapon.

There is a large meat plant in the area. I’m thinking he worked for it or drive a truck which made pick ups or drops off for it.

by Anonymousreply 15102/16/2021

^ drove

by Anonymousreply 15202/16/2021

People hearing things on that tape?

by Anonymousreply 15302/16/2021

R153 The recording Liberty German made, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 15402/16/2021

Not sure if credible but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15502/17/2021

New leaked info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Last Monday at 9:35 AM

People are already calling it out as bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Monday at 9:38 AM

Yeah..:I wondered because it sounds like from her posts that he fooled them into thinking he was law enforcement. It just doesn’t sound right. I believe that he threatened them with a gun not with arrest.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Monday at 9:44 AM

Also, the “she was hit in the head and never felt it” sounds like wish fulfillment. I guess this was someone just trying to get off on feeling powerful answering questions.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Monday at 9:46 AM

Why doesn't this redditer just say what it is in summary? I couldn't read the replies to that post so maybe s/he did in later posts.

I cannot see someone closely involved in the investigation or to law enforcement revealing info that could in any way jeopardize the case. They are withholding info for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Monday at 9:52 AM

This is one of the cases I try to follow pretty often, and when it happened… I never thought we'd be this far along with no leads and no new information. I am praying they catch this guy in my lifetime

by Anonymousreply 161Last Monday at 9:56 AM

They do say it..a couple of them summarize it. What is interesting is that evidently the Facebook poster used a dummy account posing as a woman to answer the questions and then slipped up and used his real account to answer one question. Someone on the Reddit thread posted an image.

I wish they’d nail this guy. I think justice would be to lock him in a room with some of the townspeople and let them at him.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Monday at 9:56 AM

I always roll my eyes at the 'owed money to drug dealers' theory. As someone who has known drug dealers, there are no owsies in that world. You have all of the money at the point of sale. You might even have to pay before the delivery but never after. And even if it was payback for something drug related, it would be a clean execution.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Monday at 11:04 AM

These girls owed drug miney? LOL! Oh maybe their dads? They threaten you, they don't go jump start to killing two people.

Sometimes you may find a user who owes but that's not often and it would be small amounts. The people who end up owing are typically dealers down the chain to the suppliers. That can happen and then it's usually a big sum. But still killing two teenage girls who decided at the last minute to take an unadvertised hike? Get serious.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Monday at 11:30 AM

I thought it was Paul Etter?

by Anonymousreply 165Last Monday at 11:44 AM

They withheld too much info and ended up with thousands of fruitless leads. If they'd released more info to begin with, the guy might be in prison by now. The second sketch is extremely amateurish compared to the first, but essentially, the guy has a bulbous nose and thin lips. I don't think he was less than 30. I feel like the girls would have maybe tried to flirt or talk to a younger guy. The voice is that of a man at least 50 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Monday at 1:49 PM

That Reddit thread I posted is really heating up.

Agree that he sounds over 30 at least.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Monday at 2:15 PM

Click on the photo in the OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 9:33 PM

The woman hasn’t posted back in 5 days I wonder if she’s ok and if she was telling the truth!

by Anonymousreply 169Last Thursday at 11:42 PM

That thread was very interesting. It's almost 4am and I am checking out her FB friends. I do hope she's ok as well.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Thursday at 11:54 PM

Oh, Lord. It's her brother Mike!

by Anonymousreply 171Yesterday at 12:01 AM

I found the Facebook page for KS. He’s a little bit too skinny to look like bridge guy but I can kind of see it. I think this is the other murder she was talking about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172Yesterday at 12:23 AM

I can’t go back to sleep now I need to know what happened to that girl on Facebook!

by Anonymousreply 173Yesterday at 2:02 AM

R168 ugh, I can’t see what’s at that Facebook page. I guess I need to create an account.

by Anonymousreply 174Yesterday at 2:25 AM

R171...that was my first thought when I checked her facebook page...he's really into kids...missing kids

by Anonymousreply 175Yesterday at 9:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!