Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Delphi Murders: chilling, puzzling and still unsolved. Can this mystery be solved?

On the “favorite mystery” thread, a poster mentioned the Delphi Murders and I looked them up. I fell down into a rabbit hole of podcasts (they are several good ones devoted to this story) and Reddit threads.

The basics: Two teen girls walking on a deserted bridge in Feb 2017 go missing and are found brutally murdered the next day, about 3/4 of a mile from the bridge. Immediately before the abduction, one girl posted a photo of her friend walking on the bridge to Snapchat. Later, the police reveal she also filmed the approach of their killer, as well as recorded him giving the chilling command, “Guys....down the hill.” There is more audio and video, but law enforcement has not released it. Nor have they released the cause of death, but certain horrific details have been leaked. It’s been four years and despite the evidence one of the victims was able to leave, the case has not been solved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515May 19, 2022 9:42 PM

Oh Dear, this is so just so close to home!

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2021 1:51 PM

Here you can see and hear the video of the suspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2021 1:53 PM

Have they consulted with the local oracle?

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2021 1:56 PM

You're funny, r3, but the story really is horrifying. I've thought about it repeatedly since it happened.

I thought they had brought in a suspect a few months after the killings who seemed like the likely perp?

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2021 2:00 PM

I remember there was a long thread (or more than one) about this when it happened.

Googled - here is the one I remember:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2021 2:11 PM

This is one that haunts me. I dearly hope they find the shitbag who did this and that there's a hell waiting for him at the end of the line.

If you haven't listened to The Prosecutors Podcast's four-episode series on this, I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 2:16 PM

I mentioned it on that thread. I think the creepiest part is the police apparently know who did it but because of the video quality they can't charge to culprit so are just waiting for him to make a mistake. Imagine knowing the killer is in the community, could be someone you speak to everyday and they are just walking about as if nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 2:19 PM

The Monon Trail also passes by the former (now abandoned) estate of Herb Baumeister, who buried some 30+ of his victims on the property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2021 2:19 PM

I first read about those girls on DL

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2021 2:21 PM

Here's a good recap of the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Thanks R5 I did search and didn’t find anything.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2021 2:29 PM

R8, I had not read about that! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2021 2:29 PM

Yes, this one horrifies me. “Guys, down the hill.”—-FUCK YOU, MAN! I hope this guy ROTS.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2021 2:31 PM

R7 Please elaborate! I wondered if they had someone in mind. But why not arrest him, is the DNA chain of custody compromised?

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2021 2:31 PM

R14 During one of the press conferences a couple of years ago, the police stated that they had someone in mind and they were probably watching the press conference at that moment, they went onto say that the culprit would slip up and they had almost certainly told someone something about the murders and that person would come forward eventually. It was a matter of when rather than if they were caught.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2021 2:36 PM

R13 if ever someone deserved a kick in the cuntbone...send him flying right off that bridge.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2021 2:37 PM

The local police say the case is still active. They still get tips on the hotline.

I really do hope that he is caught some day - and that his lawyer doesn't get him off on some technicality.

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2021 2:37 PM

There's also differing tales on the recording. Some say that the recording contains much more footage of the killer but the parts with him in it are to graphic and disturbing to show and don't want to upset the families, and others say that what is out there is all they have off the killer but don't want the killer to know that's how little footage they have of him. I used to believe it was the former but as the years have gone on I think it's the latter.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2021 2:42 PM

The state police must be terrible. They have video, audio, and they should have dna of the killer, yet this case has been unsolved for nearly three years. Are they waiting for a confession?

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Thanks R15. That PC was odd.

R17 me too.

I guess what bothers me is how calm he sounds on the recording. And I guess not knowing the cause of death and WHY he did this makes it even more disturbing. I mean, not knowing the “how”means any awful thing you think of, if that makes sense.

I have read that he planned to take them somewhere but they broke and ran at some point and he was furious and then killed them quickly but not the way he fantasized (taking them somewhere and keeping them alive for a while first).

I never wanted children and don’t even like them but this case really bothers me. They looked like sweet girls and it pisses me off that now the people there can’t even enjoy those trails.

It’s like Holden Caulfield observed, “people always ruin things.” Those trails at probably really pretty and fun for teens to hang out on (instead of being at home on their phones) but this asshole had to ruin that.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2021 2:47 PM

R18 I have heard that there is 7 minutes and also 40 minutes. I think you could be right about that being all they have UNLESS everything else is too disturbing (him talking but you can also hear the girls pleading or whatever). Maybe this is the only thing he says without their voices mixed in.

There is part of the video of one of the girl’s reactions that haunts one of the investigators. I’m assuming he means fear on her face as the guy approaches.I cannot imagine having to view images and crime scenes like this and then go home and live normally.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2021 2:51 PM

The main suspect/killer is probably well-connected, like a local politician's son.

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2021 2:53 PM

R22 I believe he is connected, he's definitely killed before and knew that trail. In terms of the disturbing footage I've heard, it's always hearsay in this case, that the disturbing footage consists of what the killer does to the bodies. The stories vary from one of the girls still alive crying for help while the other lays dead next to her, the killer moving the bodies into disturbing poses or the killer violating one of the girls who was still alive and the body of the first girl that was killed. It's a strange case.

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2021 2:58 PM

But even if he is connected to local police, that wouldn’t stop the FBI from moving in on him, right?

Also....it’s such a small town. If they know who it is, that name would get out. I bet those residents are furious and if they knew the name of a local guy, someone would go for him.

I think it’s more likely someone who knows the area (truck driver? Meat packing plant worker?) but doesn’t live there....

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2021 3:21 PM

R23 That’s awful. I thought that there was no sexual assault? I think he planned to but they ran and he killed them in anger. I’ve read one girl appeared to have been killed quickly, almost as an afterthought, and the other seemed to have been the target of his rage.

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2021 3:26 PM

Alonzo Brooks was murdered in a small town, too (Unsolved Mysteries, Volume 1). Everyone in that town seems to know who had killed him, and where his body had been hidden and stored. No one has ever talked.

As for the FBI, are they even involved? The wikipedia page only mentions the Indiana State Police.

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2021 3:26 PM

R26 the FBI are involved, yeah. Apparently an agent was home visiting family there when it happened and brought the FBI in. Or, more likely, it was the cause of death that got them involved. I agree with the poster who said he’s done this before.

I hadn’t know about the Brooks case but will read about it. I just cannot imagine a community knowing and someone not taking matters into their hands if law enforcement won’t. I mean, look at the guy in the thread about the PA murder-suicide and that was just about snow dumping!

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2021 3:30 PM

R24 I would've thought the same but I read a case last year about a woman who was killed by her boyfriend, I can't remember the full details and I wish I had bookmarked the info, the guy was either in the police or had connections to the police. The boyfriend and his brother were known for importing drugs through their small town, very well connected to the drug suppliers, the girlfriend found out and was killed. The father of the girl made it his mission to prove the boyfriend was the killer, he was a constant thorn in the boyfriends side. One day, months later, the father took his young son out hunting on some land that bordered the land of the boyfriends, the son was looking through the scope of the rifle and noticed something across from them, the father went to look through the scope and was shot and killed. The FBI hadn't been involved there either.

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2021 3:32 PM

R28 that’s horrific. But I don’t think in this case it was someone who knew these girls. Evidently they talk about a creepy guy following them and what should they do about it on the video. If they knew him, they’d be like, “why is Coach Smith here?” or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2021 3:41 PM

R29 Sorry, I wasn't getting at that part. I was just trying to state that the FBI don't always get involved in these situations. I mean if they weren't involved in murder and drug smuggling it shows that they pick and choose their cases.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2021 3:48 PM

R23 I’m not sure the video could include the murders...unless you mean just the audio?

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2021 7:45 PM

I remember when this happened, and thinking that they would have someone in no time. With video, audio etc, I was sure of this and thought the girl who kept her phone going was so smart. I would never have believed then that it would still be going on 4 years later. So incredibly sad. I agree with the OP too, it's horrible that what should be a great place with a great pasttime for kids should be ruined like that.

[quote]Also....it’s such a small town. If they know who it is, that name would get out.

There's a case from the mid 90s in my home state where a woman was stabbed on a beach just outside a small community. They've said for years everyone there knows who did it, but it's never come out. So horrible when this happens.

by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2021 8:41 PM

I have been reading true crime stories since I was 12 years old. All that I could get my hands on. Watched true crime shows as well. This one really bothers me in a way others don't. It is haunting. I check online every few months, hoping that sob has been caught. Just my opinion, but I think he has no connection to that town. A truck driver maybe or someone whose job requires travel. I wonder if you had to live in that town to know the area they were at? Would a stranger to the town be aware of it? He will kill again, and has probably killed before. Has there been a profile of him by the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2021 2:34 AM

I remember this being national news when it happened. The audio clip and still image of the suspect made it especially stick in my mind. I am somewhat surprised the case hasn't been closed yet what with the footage of the killer—as was mentioned above, though, they may not have a sturdy enough case to "prove" their POI is responsible, even if they know who he is. They've never publicly released information as to what exactly happened to the girls, though one can only assume they were likely sexually assaulted before being killed. Thinking about what their final moments alive were like is truly upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2021 3:00 AM

I suspect the same thing R33, but it's not based on anything but a feeling. Just that I assume he was some sort of transient. But then, if he was, was that track common knowledge, or do you think he saw the girls earlier and followed them down? Brrrr.

I agree with the other poster too who says looking at their photos they just look like such nice girls, it really breaks your heart.

by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2021 3:02 AM

OP/R21 the thought of there being 40 minutes of audio/video footage is truly gut-wrenching to even imagine. Murder is horrible enough, but there is something about it being recorded and preserved that makes it profoundly more disturbing to me. Any murder cases where there is audio/video of the act chills me to my core for some reason. I too can't imagine having to review footage like that and not having it get seared into your mind. I think I would have nightmares for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2021 3:08 AM

I worked with a barrister once who had had to view CP images. He freely admitted he was fucked up for life because of it. He seemed like such a gentle soul most of the time, but could snap angrily really suddenly, and then immediately go back to his gentle self again. Stands to reason.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2021 3:10 AM

HLN is airing a 2-night documentary based on the hit podcast, Feb 14 & 15. I hope this revives momentum in the investigation and finally leads to an arrest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2021 3:19 AM

I wonder if the killer was law enforcement? A cop? Or someone prominent? That would be the only reason they might drag their feet. Tell you what. If they have someone who is 90% a good candidate for killer, I just have him "suicide."

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2021 3:37 AM

The girls had noticed the pervy guy earlier when they later noticed him following them across the abandoned train trestle. One of them started filming him but stuck her phone in her pocket when he got close so he wouldn't see it. The video image of course turned black but it kept recording audio of their murders, which were evidently horrorific.

This is one of those cases that was fucked up from the beginning due to the total incompetence of local law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2021 3:40 AM

r40, you don't know what they do or don't have......a bit silly to call law enforcement "incompetent" without knowing a damn thing. I don't get armchair detectives who think they're Sherlock Holmes

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2021 3:42 AM

Thank you, (R38).

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2021 7:19 PM

I doubt that recording is 40 minutes, the phone would've died before the 40 minute mark.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2021 7:23 PM

^. This. Also, highly probable phone got bumped during violence that caused it to stop recording.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2021 10:07 PM

Didn't he force them to get in water at one point? I went down the Reddit Rabbit hole last night and read that there, but idk if that is accurate. There were some very iffy pics that the person claimed was one one the victims. It was very suspect, imo.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2021 11:12 PM

R45 I think they crossed at a shallow point? I did read that the bodies were found on the opposite bank to where he forced them down the hill.

Thanks to the poster for the info on the upcoming HLN update.

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2021 11:14 PM

R43 Also, I think the father called at one point and I believe that would stop the camera?

What I don’t get is where was the phone? I’m assuming the killer found out she had it and tried to destroy it and it was found in the water?

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2021 11:16 PM

What horrible details have leaked?

by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2021 11:17 PM

Thank you. I do hope the killer is not in or related to LE and being protected. At least the FBI is investigating.

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2021 11:18 PM

(R48) On reddit a women is claiming to have images of one little girl, deceased of course. She claims the images are from a search chopper. However, I do not think she is trustworthy. Of course I may be wrong, but she comes off as shady to me. Google The Delphi murders/reddit/images.

by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2021 11:22 PM

The murderer was or is definitely local or at least knew the trail. The walkway they crossed was pretty damaged and he must have had prior experience of walking it, as he crossed it pretty quickly. The timing of the girls recording, their death and the finding of their bodies also meant the killer acted quickly which likely means he had a confidence in surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2021 11:22 PM

R48 Well, I went back and read the original thread on this case (which was real time) and one of the posters on their said his father had a friend on the police force in a neighboring town and that friend has been part of the search party. Take with a grain of salt but he said that the younger girl, Abby, was killed quickly but the older girl, Libby, had fought and had much more trauma. Both girls had open caskets but had to wear scarves. Not sure if same poster but another perosn said that the audio after the “down the hill” line was the girls screaming, which chilled me. Not sure why, when the whole thing is grotesque.

I have read on Reddit that the girls were nude or that one was and the other wasn’t. That Abby was posed like a “doll” with her hands folded but not sure what that means. I have read they were sexually assaulted and that they weren’t.

Recording the recording, that it is brief and that it recorded the murders.

The scarves seem like a true report as I’ve seen it over and over.

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2021 11:24 PM

Just seeing how close he was at this point in video and how the girls knew he was trouble, the thoughts going through their head at that time... really fucking awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2021 11:25 PM

R50 I saw those images but can’t make them out. They seem to show a person leaning against a tree? On Reddit they speculate it’s Abby, but i thought she was supposed to have been laying down.

by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2021 11:26 PM

More info on reddit: The killer appears to be an avid outdoorsman. A fishing kit of some kind can be seen on his person, as well as a gun. The girls were stabbed, right? Again, this is all from the same person described above, but you can see the outline on his clothing, imo. That does ring true. (R52)- I totally agree that he knows the area very well and lives there. I had doubts before but no longer after learning more about that terrain.

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2021 11:27 PM

I thought she was too, OP, but in that image she is in a sitting position against a tree. This is why I question that persons credibility.

by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2021 11:32 PM

Does anyone have a link to the image, I've searched but not been able to find it.

by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2021 11:32 PM

R57 I think they’re on a thread in the Libby and Abby Reddit sub. Can we link to Reddit on here?

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2021 11:44 PM

I have not been able to post a link for 2 days or I would be happy to. Very sorry.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2021 11:46 PM

R58 Yeah, you should be able to.

by Anonymousreply 60February 6, 2021 11:47 PM

I've never understood why the girls didn't call 911. I've investigated this case quite a bit. Libby was posting to Snapchat, so they had a good signal.

There is a new sketch of BG in which he looks much younger. I'm wondering if they were lead there to meet a guy they'd been in contact with online, but all did not go as planned.

by Anonymousreply 61February 6, 2021 11:54 PM

One of the things I found strange was the then DA saying the crime scene was "odd" and that there were three signatures. Unless there was something incredibly bizarre about the crime scene, how do you determine something is a signature unless you're comparing it to another crime scene where the same things were seen?

The only thing I can think of is that he was comparing body to body — three unusual things done to/with each body.

by Anonymousreply 62February 6, 2021 11:57 PM

R61 They probably thought it was just some creep following them and didn't need the police.

by Anonymousreply 63February 6, 2021 11:58 PM

Am looking for the photos and came across this. Wow! This goes along with the theory they know who it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 7, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote]The only thing I can think of is that he was comparing body to body — three unusual things done to/with each body.

Rudely quoting myself here because I forgot to add that it doesn't really fit with what we've heard about one of the girls being the subject of his interest while the other seemed to have just been eliminated. Whatever the case, his interview raised so many questions in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 65February 7, 2021 12:07 AM

Oh wait, that’s one of those girls’ grandfather at R64. Never mind. I don’t believe it was family.

by Anonymousreply 66February 7, 2021 12:08 AM

This case haunts me. And yes, their deaths were violent. One girl in particular took the brunt of the attack. There have been texts on Reddit for years now. I believe it was from a first responder.

This guy WILL get caught someday.

by Anonymousreply 67February 7, 2021 12:11 AM

R67 You have to wonder what that one girl did to "deserve" that brunt of the attack? Did she fight back, did the killer see something about her that didn't like? Did she remind him of someone or maybe he had a connection to that girl.

by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2021 12:13 AM

In that tread it said that the girls had spotted him earlier and he creeped them out. Their intuition , I believe. That is a great point about calling 911. If only. It is very difficult to study this case. I have to read a little and then back off for awhile. Too heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 69February 7, 2021 12:20 AM

R68 my assumption would be that it was as simple as she fought him more. I am presuming the girl who had more physical trauma was Libby, since she was older and bigger than Abigail, and thus probably more likely to put up a fight or try to cause a scene. I am assuming the killer was able to force the girls off the path and "down the hill" by either brandishing a gun or pretending he had a gun in his pocket. I doubt that they were shot to death, though, given that these trails are frequented by pedestrians/hikers fairly regularly, and are adjacent to the main town. Audible gunshots would have potentially drawn attention.

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2021 12:23 AM

You're welcome R42 and correction: BOTH parts are airing starting at 9pm, EST on Sat., Feb 15 (not the 14th & 15th). I discovered this whilst setting my PVR. Until then, I continue to binge the podcast "Down the Hill".

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2021 12:40 AM

1. Stay away from places like this. 2. Why didn't the killer didn't take the phone?

by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2021 12:54 AM

The bodies were found on someone's property, weren't they? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 73February 7, 2021 12:59 AM

I used to regularly take my family dog out for a walk in a wooded area near my house when I was a teen, it wasn't a popular area but every so often I'd cross paths with someone and even as a well built teenage guy with a german shepherd I felt vulnerable, so I can only imagine how those girls must have felt in their final moments.

by Anonymousreply 74February 7, 2021 1:03 AM

R42 Feb 15 is a Monday, not Saturday, apologies (again).

by Anonymousreply 75February 7, 2021 1:23 AM

( R42) I think she hid the phone in her pocket. Such a smart little girl. So very tragic. God, they have to catch this piece of human garbage!

by Anonymousreply 76February 7, 2021 1:28 AM

R73, they were found at the edge of a privately owned 40-acre lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 7, 2021 1:30 AM

Thanks R77. This whole story gives me chills.

by Anonymousreply 78February 7, 2021 1:32 AM

Where there no cameras around that area at the time?

by Anonymousreply 79February 7, 2021 1:34 AM

R68- Yes. Apparently Libby fought back and he nearly beheaded her... It was apparently not a sexually motivated crime and neither girl was raped...

Such a mystery, this crime. I suspect that they do know who it is.. It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 80February 7, 2021 2:03 AM

One theory that keeps floating around, on discussion threads: Libby's dad is a known druggie. Some people think he owed a drug debt, and Libby was killed as a message to him. Abby was collateral damage. This case haunts me. I hope that it is solved, and BG is punished.

by Anonymousreply 81February 7, 2021 3:39 AM

Also, this trail has spotty cell tower reception. There were no trail cams, at the time of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 82February 7, 2021 3:42 AM

Why were they killed if not for sex? That can’t be common.

by Anonymousreply 83February 7, 2021 5:58 AM

There had to have been a sexual component, whether they were sexually assaulted or not. Doug Carter read a few things during the press conference that seemed to come straight from a profiler, designed fuck with the killer's mind. Most notably: "The way you left them in those woods is not — IS NOT — what they're experiencing today"

That suggests posing or staging the scene for later masturbatory purposes. He wasn't speaking extemporaneously; he read it from notes. What purpose would that serve if not to intentionally apply psychological pressure, via the destruction of his fantasy, which might lead to a slip-up?

I wish I could remember who said it and where I heard it, but there was an interview with someone who had worked on the case and he mentioned how badly affected people he worked with had been by what they saw at the crime scene. When you start patching together all of the little snippets, it seems like something very freaky was done with bodies.

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2021 6:52 AM

The first thing found was the girls clothing so it's likely they were sexually assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2021 7:48 AM

I live in Indiana and LE mentioned at one time the girls were controlled by the man’s dogs and the bodies had bite marks.

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2021 8:58 AM

I knew nothing about the case until today, but when I heard the man say “Guys, down the hill” it seemed like he was signalling other people via some Bluetooth handsfree set.

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2021 10:49 AM

I listened to it years ago and I just listened to it again. I know it's just a couple of words, but it fucking chills me to the bone. Those poor, poor girls.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2021 10:52 AM

[quote]Recording the recording, that it is brief and that it recorded the murders.

I'm not sure that's true, when the obituaries were published, one girl's date of death was the day after the other girl's, indicating that they must have known one died before midnight and one after, some time apart.

by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2021 10:52 AM

What happened to the girls doesn't have to have been "freaky" to upset people, just finding them partly clothed or nude and dead, possibly posed, would be bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2021 10:54 AM

r64, explain. The vague talk and all the initials instead of full names doesn't help most of us who clicked on that link. Who is looking at who, and why do they think the person being looked at is the killer?

by Anonymousreply 91February 7, 2021 10:59 AM

That girl was incredibly smart to get it recorded. I thought they had a suspect. At least this case isn’t 30 years old like some others and they solve it. I hope the bastard didn’t just die from covid, getting away with murder. I can’t imagine being a parent and not knowing when your child is or what your child’s last moments were like. That recording must haunt them.

by Anonymousreply 92February 7, 2021 12:18 PM

I think this thread has a link to the helicopter photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 7, 2021 1:49 PM

Sorry R91 posted it before I read through. It’s some lone poster who think one of the grandfathers or both of them did it. I don’t buy it at all.

Yeah, on Reddit you see a lot of initials with explanation.

by Anonymousreply 94February 7, 2021 1:57 PM

Thanks R94, and also R93 for the link.

The photos at the link found in R93's thread aren't useful at all, but the info about the two white Dodge Darts is pretty interesting. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they were the same car and someone changed the plates during the day.

by Anonymousreply 95February 7, 2021 2:17 PM

[quote] I thought she was too, OP, but in that image she is in a sitting position against a tree. This is why I question that persons credibility.

I question the credibility because the "graphics editor" is wearing Lee press-on nails while pointing to something in those grainy pictures.

by Anonymousreply 96February 7, 2021 2:59 PM

Cell phone signal is bad there that’s why they were unable to call for help. It is also not known if the killer left the phone there or not. The cops could have taken the images and recording from the cloud

by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2021 3:01 PM

R96 I thought the SAME thing and then felt guilty for it! I thought well, maybe most women have nails like that and I’ve just never noticed. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 98February 7, 2021 6:49 PM

R97 I think the images and audio were from the cloud. Not sure where the phone was found or if the guy knew a recording had been made.

I still think he meant to abduct them but they messed up his plans by running and he had to recapture them. That’s why they were killed in such a brutal way. He had been planning to take them somewhere to abuse sexually and torture over a day or more.

I can’t wait for this guy to get caught. I hope the fear of being caught is with him every day.

Years ago I saw this brutal movie called Short Eyes, about what happens in jail to a guy who raped and killed a young girl. Evidently even prisoners loathe child rapists/killers and they are (or were) called “short eyes.” The killer deserves his fate and more.

by Anonymousreply 99February 7, 2021 6:54 PM

HLN is doing a 2 part series on the Delphi girls on Feb 14 and 15

by Anonymousreply 100February 7, 2021 7:03 PM

R89- How long until the girls were found? The reason I ask is that the murderer may have been interrupted before he could sexually assault them? Several serial killers would return to the decomposing bodies of their victims. Ted Bundy even applied make-up and nail polish to the bodies, and also had sex with the bodies. Sick, sick, sick.

by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2021 3:11 PM

R81 might hold the clue. If sexual assault wasn't the motive, the motive must have been something else we're not aware of - such as a payback for a parent's debt. The enforcer would come in, commit the crime, cover it up with the second child's murder, and leave the area. R81's theory makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 102February 12, 2021 4:34 PM

Payback? The guy was a stranger to them.

by Anonymousreply 103February 12, 2021 5:14 PM

R62- Do you think he was "speaking code" to the killer? To make him nervous, paranoid that detective knows something about him or who he is?

by Anonymousreply 104February 12, 2021 5:42 PM

The girls were found before noon the following day.

Evidently the sheriff is going to answer submitted questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 12, 2021 6:47 PM

Thank you ,R105.

by Anonymousreply 106February 12, 2021 7:17 PM

Is anyone here going to ask him a question? Anyone remember the Gainesville Ripper? He posed bodies in a horrifying way. He decapitated one poor girl and posed her head on a mantle as if her head was looking down at her body. This killer sounds like he has a remarkably similar MO. He died on the electric chair. Too bad this pos hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 107February 12, 2021 7:33 PM

R107 That is revolting. I hadn’t read about that case.

I only found about the questions after the noon deadline but not sure what I would ask. I’m new to the case and I’m sure anything I can think of someone has already asked..

Also, they haven’t really answered questions in the past, why now?

by Anonymousreply 108February 12, 2021 8:17 PM

In the drone pic it looked as if one body was posed with her shirt over her head and an object lying between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 109February 12, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote] Payback? The guy was a stranger to them.

How do we know that’s absolutely true?

For the sake of argument, let’s say they didn’t know him. That doesn’t mean he didn’t know their parents or someone close to them... someone he may have wanted to pay back.

I don’t feel strongly one way or the other, but I don’t think it’s a certainty that they or someone close to them didn’t know him.

by Anonymousreply 110February 12, 2021 8:36 PM

Then why haven't they identified him? I don't think the cops have a clue who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 111February 12, 2021 8:39 PM

R109 but what could the object be?!

by Anonymousreply 112February 12, 2021 8:41 PM

Maybe a tree branch. I hope I'm just seeing things and nothing that horrific happened to the girls.

by Anonymousreply 113February 12, 2021 8:48 PM

He is a serial killer. One thing I believe is that he targeted only one of the girls. Just like serial killers of women, they have a "type" . Same build, coloring, age of victims. One girl was just in the wrong place, wrong time. He targeted only one of them, imo. Again, jmo. He may have been interupted before he could finish whatever he had planned or felt in danger of getting caught out. We can only guess. But he could have absolutely targeted both, as did Ted Bundy at Lake Sammish. (Sic?)

by Anonymousreply 114February 12, 2021 8:50 PM

Some people think it could be the same guy who killed Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins. The crimes are very similiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2021 8:52 PM

R113 I have read that a tree branch was inserted into Abby’s abdomen, but not sure how (as in pressed into her stomach or inserted into her vagina). God, that is so awful. I saw the helicopter photos but it didn’t look like anything to me.

I’ve also read her body was still warm when they found her the next day....It’s so awful to think maybe she could have been saved had she been found the day/night before.

by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2021 9:14 PM

They need to come up with, or utilize, cellphone GPS-tracking by wireless carriers. Run a report showing which phone #'s were pinging in a specific area at a specific time and solved a bunch of cases like this. Save a ton of time and money on investigations, get criminals in jail or in electric chairs.

by Anonymousreply 117February 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Where was Brenda Dickson? She may have been in costume and said “down the hill”.

by Anonymousreply 118February 12, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote] Where was Brenda Dickson?

I’m guessing Gelsons or The Abbey with her twink coke whores.

by Anonymousreply 119February 12, 2021 9:42 PM

Crying into her potato salad over the stolen election. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😭😭😭😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 120February 12, 2021 9:57 PM

Que? ^

by Anonymousreply 121February 12, 2021 10:02 PM

It was probably the county sheriff's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 122February 12, 2021 10:11 PM

Sorry, R119.

by Anonymousreply 123February 12, 2021 10:11 PM

Did anyone see the picture of a man with a standing next to a vehicle that matched a witness report? That could be a big lead.

by Anonymousreply 124February 12, 2021 10:20 PM

Local reports on the tv today reminded us that tomorrow is the 4th anniversary of the murder.

No new suspects - nothing to report.

The families sponsored a food drive for charity in the girls' names.

by Anonymousreply 125February 12, 2021 10:52 PM

Well, helowe! Well come, too, my hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2021 12:13 AM

R110 I think that's the point. The killer may have been an 'enforcer' for someone to whom a parent owed a debt. A poster upstream mentioned one of the girls' parent might have been in drug or gambling debt. The killer would have no tie to either girl except that they were the target of his boss. Making it look like a random murder / sex / pedophile crime would make sense to muddy their motive. The other girl just got caught in the cross hairs.

by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2021 1:23 AM

I don't think enforcers usually kill children.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2021 1:41 AM

You've seen too many movies. Real drug dealers don't go around killing children and staging crime scenes. If they did they wouldn't be in business long.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2021 1:44 AM

Only foreign factions do that!

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2021 1:48 AM

R128 and R129 This is why the crime won't be solved. Investigators need to think outside of what "real drug dealers do" or "real people do" - there is no REALITY to a crime like this.

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2021 2:06 AM

For instance, the Harvard professor who keeps insisting aliens visited earth could be feeling guilty that he covered up for the alien-murderers and providing us with subtle hints that they are actually guilty. Someone should do a podcast on him and investigate this theory. No stone should be left underturned!

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2021 2:14 AM

R127 I guess that’s more comforting than just a random killer...

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2021 2:27 AM

R83 cops are not releasing those details. As far as I've heard. They're keeping a lot from press.

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2021 4:44 AM

Four years. Will this ever be solved?

by Anonymousreply 135February 15, 2021 3:55 AM

Hell, there have been cases solved after 40 or 50 years.....so why not 4 years?

by Anonymousreply 136February 15, 2021 3:58 AM

I really hope so. I really want this guy to pay. This case got under my skin.

Not knowing the cause of death makes it worse because any terrible thing you can imagine could be true...

by Anonymousreply 137February 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Did anyone watch the HSN special tonight? While interesting, I found it almost unwatchable due to the poor sound editing. The music was so loud it overpower the interviews and narratives. I finally turned on my CC and muted the tv.

by Anonymousreply 138February 15, 2021 5:18 AM

I’m watching now and r138 is right. They have loud piano music drowning out the grandmother right now.

by Anonymousreply 139February 15, 2021 5:30 AM

The special on HLN was very disappointing. An absurd amount of commercials and no new info. Just something thrown together to keep the case alive and in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 140February 15, 2021 6:12 AM

This site has some info all together.

by Anonymousreply 141February 15, 2021 6:29 AM

I thought I had accidentally hit the wrong setting on my surround sound tuner because the music was blaring and I couldn't hear the people speaking.

by Anonymousreply 142February 15, 2021 5:36 PM

I just finished part II. The sound editing was much better. My two cents:

In Part I, after the initial sketch of the Bridge Man was first shared with the audience, the next image/picture/scene was a close up of the sheriff who looked strikingly similar to the sketched image of the suspect. I actually rewatched the transition multiple times.

In Part II, the sheriff stated he had been reported as a suspect at least 3 times and had been questioned. This validated my opinion of the striking resemblance.

Later in Part II, they show video footage of a press conference held with the sheriff positioned behind the officer leading the conference. The sheriff’s face was extremely flushed and became became beat red by the end of the briefing. The sheriff also had notable body language that could be interpreted as guilt or fear. He looked away during poignant moments and gulped at one point. It was emphasized that the police department felt like the perpetrator was present at the briefing.

The sheriff is also shaped like the man in the photos and videos. He would also carry himself with confidence and know the lay of the land. I’d love to have seen the sheriff photographed in the same position as the man in the photograph on the bridge and see if the images aligned.

I’m sure I sound kooky, but ithese details were so obvious and couldn’t be ignored. Surely I’m not the only one who made these observations.

Anyone here have additional details on the sheriff or have more knowledge with this case?

If the sheriff is indeed innocent, this documentary didn’t do him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 143February 16, 2021 4:22 AM

R143, I don’t have HLN. On the show, did they say the sheriff was a suspect? I found it odd to address two young girls as “guys.” Also, the man in the video did seem confident in directing two strangers “down the hill.” Someone in law enforcement would have had practice in directing people on what todo, where to go.

There are also sketches of the possible perp’s face. Eyewitnesses had seen a man in the area.

by Anonymousreply 144February 16, 2021 5:31 AM

R144, they documentary indicated that many were “investigated” and “interviewed”. The sheriff himself stated that “even he was reported by at least three people” (he didn’t know who) and was therefore questioned/interviewed. Kind of odd that he’d include the detail that he didn’t know who would have called in a tip about him.

“Guys” is used by midwesterners to address both sexes. Not uncommon at all. It was noted that the new recording with the additional of “guys” may have been spliced - iow, it may not have been part of the order to go down the hill, but part of a later utterance. The police department took the liberty of connecting the spoken speech in the recording.

I wish someone with money or connections would help these families hire a private investigator or lawyer to access additional details on the case. If the perpetrator is indeed in law enforcement, there’s incentive for a major cover up.

Surely the sheriff’s behavior at the briefing alone raised concern.

by Anonymousreply 145February 16, 2021 5:49 AM

Crossing the bridge was not permitted and signs were posted. Anyone could have easily convinced the young girls that they weren’t allowed to be on the bridge and must return by a different route, then guiding them down the hill to an alternative route to the trail head.

If ithe Bridge Man was someone in law enforcement, the girls may have initially trusted him and acted with compliance if he showed his badge. It wasn’t until he had the girls down the hill that he revealed his motives.

by Anonymousreply 146February 16, 2021 6:00 AM

That bridge was really scary-looking, having no side rails.

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2021 6:21 AM

"... as well as recorded him giving the chilling command, “Guys....down the hill.”

This is the fatal flaw. Never help someone take you somewhere ("I'll do anything you want just please don't hurt me") or let them tie you up- even if they have a gun or knife pointed at you. There's a reason they want to move you to another area. You will lose all power.

Don't help them at all. They're probably going to kill you anyway. Say, "Drag me". Scream. If nothing else claw their skin and get their DNA under your fingernails (it's probably on file somewhere already).

If they make you drive them somewhere plow right into another car, or something in a high traffic area like a parked car, telephone pole or even a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2021 6:36 AM

R143 That is fascinating about the sheriff. I hasn’t known about the tips on him but a week or so I was watching one of the briefings (this one appeared to be held in the woods) and he was standing behind Carter. I couldn’t help but be drawn but the sheriff’s face/expressions and it did occur to me that he resembled the Bridge Guy. I wonder who called him as a tip and why?

The “guys” and “down the hill” are in order, according to one of the parents/grandparents who listened to the recording and were interviewed on a podcast. To me, it sounds like he approached them, got their attention with “Guys?” and then showed a gun. If you look at the photo, there does seem to be the outline of a gun in the right pocket of the jacket and his hands are in his pockets. Would a law enforcement officer carry a gun that way? I think an officer would have a holster, even a hidden one.

Also, if you listen closely to the recording, it sounds like you hear the “Guys” and then one of the girls yelling something. To me, it sounds like “oh my God!” And then “Down the hill.” Others have heard “He’s got a gun!” or “I said NO!”

by Anonymousreply 149February 16, 2021 1:25 PM

Just for the sake of argument...is it possible as someone mentioned upthread that it could possibly have been someone they met online that they were meeting up with to hang out? Like someone claiming to be a 13 yr old boy online and then a man shows up?? It just seems odd for a serial killer to strike in the remote area hoping a couple of teenage girls stroll by. That might also explain why they would keep some of the recordings from the public.

by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2021 4:47 PM

R150 I think they’ve ruled that out. Trying to recall which podcast, but it was raised with either a family remember it law enforcement.

Also, I think it was unlikely an online correspondent because couldn’t he be traced?

I suspect (just my opinion) that this guy was familiar with the area but not a local and had been scoping out this trail for a target for a while. It seems he came prepared with a weapon.

There is a large meat plant in the area. I’m thinking he worked for it or drive a truck which made pick ups or drops off for it.

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2021 6:59 PM

^ drove

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2021 7:06 PM

People hearing things on that tape?

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2021 7:13 PM

R153 The recording Liberty German made, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 154February 16, 2021 9:31 PM

Not sure if credible but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2021 6:59 PM

New leaked info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 22, 2021 6:35 PM

People are already calling it out as bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 157February 22, 2021 6:38 PM

Yeah..:I wondered because it sounds like from her posts that he fooled them into thinking he was law enforcement. It just doesn’t sound right. I believe that he threatened them with a gun not with arrest.

by Anonymousreply 158February 22, 2021 6:44 PM

Also, the “she was hit in the head and never felt it” sounds like wish fulfillment. I guess this was someone just trying to get off on feeling powerful answering questions.

by Anonymousreply 159February 22, 2021 6:46 PM

Why doesn't this redditer just say what it is in summary? I couldn't read the replies to that post so maybe s/he did in later posts.

I cannot see someone closely involved in the investigation or to law enforcement revealing info that could in any way jeopardize the case. They are withholding info for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 160February 22, 2021 6:52 PM

This is one of the cases I try to follow pretty often, and when it happened… I never thought we'd be this far along with no leads and no new information. I am praying they catch this guy in my lifetime

by Anonymousreply 161February 22, 2021 6:56 PM

They do say it..a couple of them summarize it. What is interesting is that evidently the Facebook poster used a dummy account posing as a woman to answer the questions and then slipped up and used his real account to answer one question. Someone on the Reddit thread posted an image.

I wish they’d nail this guy. I think justice would be to lock him in a room with some of the townspeople and let them at him.

by Anonymousreply 162February 22, 2021 6:56 PM

I always roll my eyes at the 'owed money to drug dealers' theory. As someone who has known drug dealers, there are no owsies in that world. You have all of the money at the point of sale. You might even have to pay before the delivery but never after. And even if it was payback for something drug related, it would be a clean execution.

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2021 8:04 PM

These girls owed drug miney? LOL! Oh maybe their dads? They threaten you, they don't go jump start to killing two people.

Sometimes you may find a user who owes but that's not often and it would be small amounts. The people who end up owing are typically dealers down the chain to the suppliers. That can happen and then it's usually a big sum. But still killing two teenage girls who decided at the last minute to take an unadvertised hike? Get serious.

by Anonymousreply 164February 22, 2021 8:30 PM

I thought it was Paul Etter?

by Anonymousreply 165February 22, 2021 8:44 PM

They withheld too much info and ended up with thousands of fruitless leads. If they'd released more info to begin with, the guy might be in prison by now. The second sketch is extremely amateurish compared to the first, but essentially, the guy has a bulbous nose and thin lips. I don't think he was less than 30. I feel like the girls would have maybe tried to flirt or talk to a younger guy. The voice is that of a man at least 50 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 166February 22, 2021 10:49 PM

That Reddit thread I posted is really heating up.

Agree that he sounds over 30 at least.

by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2021 11:15 PM

Click on the photo in the OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2021 6:33 AM

The woman hasn’t posted back in 5 days I wonder if she’s ok and if she was telling the truth!

by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2021 8:42 AM

That thread was very interesting. It's almost 4am and I am checking out her FB friends. I do hope she's ok as well.

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2021 8:54 AM

Oh, Lord. It's her brother Mike!

by Anonymousreply 171February 26, 2021 9:01 AM

I found the Facebook page for KS. He’s a little bit too skinny to look like bridge guy but I can kind of see it. I think this is the other murder she was talking about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 26, 2021 9:23 AM

I can’t go back to sleep now I need to know what happened to that girl on Facebook!

by Anonymousreply 173February 26, 2021 11:02 AM

R168 ugh, I can’t see what’s at that Facebook page. I guess I need to create an account.

by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2021 11:25 AM

R171...that was my first thought when I checked her facebook page...he's really into kids...missing kids

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2021 6:47 PM

Guys, the leaker, “Leigh Kerr,” will answer questions in an AM(almost)A tomorrow (Sunday) at 6:00pm EST.

Maybe they are close to getting this creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 27, 2021 10:03 PM

The girl on Facebook who posted that she knew the killer and the details and name of the killer has deleted the comments. I hope she’s ok and the police is looking into it

by Anonymousreply 177February 27, 2021 10:20 PM

I haven't really followed this case, but I figured the a-hole murderer probably put one girl's face in the exposed crotch of the other girl. I hope they arrest him, such senseless loss of life.

by Anonymousreply 178February 27, 2021 10:21 PM

R178 He really needs to be pushed into an active volcano. A grease fire is too good for him.

by Anonymousreply 179February 27, 2021 10:30 PM

The bridge kid looks like this could be his dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 27, 2021 10:30 PM

R180 who is that?

by Anonymousreply 181February 27, 2021 10:32 PM

Have they interviewed Pastor Davey? Does he have a solid alibi?

by Anonymousreply 182February 27, 2021 10:32 PM

Forgive me if someone already said this: if the girls knew the killer they would have said his name and it would have been recorded by her phone during the attack. "Bobby, what are you doing!" That sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 183February 27, 2021 11:14 PM

Agree R183. They were also on the recording talking about him and not as though he knew him.

by Anonymousreply 184February 27, 2021 11:19 PM

[bold]He doesn't have to be from the area.[/bold]

I thought the killer was from their small town, and, for some reason, the locals were shielding him. I was recently educated on this point by someone who knows more about True Crime than I do.

In the 1970s-1980s, there was a serial killer in Connecticut, never caught. One of his victims was a female bird watcher on an obscure trail of a nature reserve leading to speculation that the killer knew the specific area and lived/worked nearby. A witness came forward and described a car parked in a small lot near one of the trail exits for a few hours on the day of the murder.

As reconstructed by the investigators, the Connecticut murderer identified the trail and discovered the obscure parking lot. He sat there and waited for his target victim to enter the path when it was empty. (Midday/midweek). The victim was found a few 100 yards from the lot. The police later identified his car in other snatch-and-grab kills of opportunity.

The man in the video doesn't need to be from the area. He just needs to know when the trail exists, when it is empty, and that two women entered alone. If they had met up with more people, he would have aborted.

by Anonymousreply 185February 27, 2021 11:34 PM

R185 I agree. He could know the area and not be from there. I suspect he was there on a few occasions looking for the right moment and a victim.

by Anonymousreply 186February 27, 2021 11:36 PM

R183, I agree. I think it was a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 187February 28, 2021 12:43 AM

Those reddit links are all over the place. The "leaker" is a phony and the sub-reddit moderator is a fool.

The semiliterate woman who posted on the sheriff's page saying her ex bf is the killer is probably just another bad lead, hence why her posts were deleted.

by Anonymousreply 188February 28, 2021 2:38 PM

R188 Maybe but I suspect this Leigh Kerr is the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 189February 28, 2021 3:28 PM

Is Leigh Kerr a guy posing as a woman?

by Anonymousreply 190February 28, 2021 4:18 PM

“Leigh” is both a male and female name, so no, he’s not posing as a woman. The name means “leaker.”

That said, the writing style to me reads as a man in either law enforcement or law. Articulate in the use of terms of art through practice.

by Anonymousreply 191February 28, 2021 4:31 PM

But the Facebook is a girl—so you believe it’s a male?

by Anonymousreply 192February 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Cases like this are why I dont want to grt rid of the death penalty. This perp needs to be caught and fried

by Anonymousreply 193February 28, 2021 4:44 PM

The people who are obsessed with this case (perhaps not ALL of you here on DL) remind me of those nuts in the Hotel Cecil Elisa Lam documentary...

by Anonymousreply 194February 28, 2021 5:40 PM

r193, so we should only execute the ones who personally piss you off? Thanks for proving why we should NOT have the death penalty

r194, the difference is that Lam wasn't even murdered, while these girls clearly were

by Anonymousreply 195February 28, 2021 6:14 PM

R192 My understanding is the Facebook page had a photo of an amateur singer as the profile photo.

R194 I’ll admit, I’ve never been so intrigued by true crime, but this one really got under my skin. I guess it’s because it happened in broad daylight, out in the open. As a kid, I played in places like that without a thought. Not sure this guy would have tried to grab a couple of young boys, but who knows?

Also the video and audio are horrifying. That inexorable redneck fuck lumbering towards the camera in his stupid fucking dad jeans..and the casual way he orders them down the hill...I just feel for those girls.

by Anonymousreply 196February 28, 2021 6:23 PM

I suspect a man did it.

by Anonymousreply 197February 28, 2021 11:19 PM

I suspect you’re right R197, but no one should EVER assume gender

by Anonymousreply 198February 28, 2021 11:55 PM

According to Leigh Kerr there was a religious aspect to the crime scene and the bodies were staged. I am guessing they were staged Pieta-like.

by Anonymousreply 199March 1, 2021 4:03 AM

R199 Interesting take. I was thinking one of them was posed as if crucified.

The source also said the pose was sexual. I’m not sure how that fits with religious iconography.

by Anonymousreply 200March 1, 2021 4:36 AM

If Leigh Kerr is legit then I think the PB suspect people mention in the AMA thread is the guy. If you google him he definitely fits for Bridge Guy. His eyes are chilling. Looks like a socio. And interestingly he is web savvy

by Anonymousreply 201March 1, 2021 12:13 PM

If it’s PB what an arrogant fuck, showing up to search and to the press conference. I have no idea if it is but the photo side by side with Bridge Guy is compelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 1, 2021 1:27 PM

There's a Reddit thread saying the guy who accused PB is a notorious net loon who injects himself into lots of cases and shouldn't be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 203March 1, 2021 1:31 PM

R203 I saw that too, BUT he isn’t the only person who suspects this dude. And you know what they say about a stopped clock...

by Anonymousreply 204March 1, 2021 1:57 PM

And maybe that Reddit thread was started by PB R204

by Anonymousreply 205March 1, 2021 1:58 PM

The physical similarities are pretty striking between BG and PB, that's true.

by Anonymousreply 206March 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Leigh Kerr appears to be intelligent and if he/she is for real, my guess is he/she is an attorney in the DA’s office

by Anonymousreply 207March 1, 2021 6:14 PM

R207 That’s my thought. And it was in no way someone going “rogue.” This was a deliberate move by those handling the case to draw someone out.

by Anonymousreply 208March 1, 2021 10:54 PM

The Libby Abby subreddit has been locked and gone to private

by Anonymousreply 209March 1, 2021 11:23 PM

R209 Leigh Kerr was supposed to come back and answer the highest voted questions that he hadn’t gotten to last night.

by Anonymousreply 210March 1, 2021 11:37 PM

PB?

Stop with the initials.

by Anonymousreply 211March 1, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote] His eyes are chilling.

Oh, well case closed then.

by Anonymousreply 212March 1, 2021 11:54 PM

What about Gabriel Ellis or Kurt Fouts (caught with an escort who said that judge Fouts was part of a sex club run by men who abuse girls in 2017).?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 2, 2021 3:43 AM

A theory. Not sure about the barn idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 2, 2021 4:00 AM

The subreddit is back up

by Anonymousreply 215March 2, 2021 4:43 AM

Based on comments at r214 u-tube link, sounds like dude’s theory is at least interesting .... but the narrator is way too slow. Can anyone summarize?

Way back the theory was - one of the girls (A?) was pregnant (or feared to be) & she was killed to keep that from going forward & interfering with the groovy young life of whatever boy. Don’t remember specs well enough ....... not sure these girls were even old enough to menstruate.

Anyway this theory fit well with a number of factors:

- unconfirmed rumor that A was gored “through the abdomen” - effectively confirmed rumor that other girl L had injuries consistent with fighting back, raising Q of why if one fought back, the other was targeted for (abdominal) brutalization - ‘killed to end feared pregnancy’ story at least provides a motive for targeting apparently innocent kids ...... no need to invent crazy stories like someone looking to collect a drug debt made his first approach by brutally murdering the debtor’s uninvolved child & her even-less involved friend in broad daylight in public - motive of ending an unwanted pregnancy could be viewed as reasonable enough by a boy’s parents (if they are deplorable shitheads) that they might help make arrangements before or after etc , which ties into: - unconfirmed stories / speculation that the girls might’ve meant to meet up with someone at bridge, even though they didn’t seem to recognize the pos they encountered. IF that all is true, it suggests pre-planning involving multiple people. Hard to imagine any group of people conspiring to murder a little girl, but it becomes at least possible under the above theory - huge variations in what’s been officially said about probable perp, including that most recent sketch looks nothing like dude in pics & also looks half his age ... has led to speculation of involvement by both a father & his impregnating son - this part IDK IIRC in all aspects .... but there was a car parked nearby the next day that registration showed belonged to local boy (with Christian community connections? may be making that part up, not sure) & bought for him by his father

by Anonymousreply 216March 3, 2021 12:46 PM

^ aargh sorry, tried to format that as a list but it didn’t work & is a mess instead

by Anonymousreply 217March 3, 2021 12:55 PM

R211, I think people do it for plausible deniability reasons, in case the person they're talking about happens across any accusations.

PB is Pat Br*wn. BG means "Bridge Guy."

by Anonymousreply 218March 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Ever since the drama with "verifying" the guy who goes by Leigh Kerr on the subreddit, he's completely disappeared, right?

by Anonymousreply 219March 3, 2021 1:02 PM

I don’t believe the abortion by murder story. Clearly, being the the murderer of two children would be a worse situation for the killer than the father of boy who had impregnated his 13 year old girlfriend. Also, it seems (if Leigh Kerr can be believed) that Abby was killed first and quickly, possibly bludgeoned. Per the leaked texts by the uncle who found them, Liberty got the worst of it and was the one who was left naked.

The story in the video (Liberty’s father fingered two meth dealers and this was retribution) makes more sense....and would account for the positioning of the bodies (sexual/religious) as a huge fuck you to the father and the community as a whole. It could explain why Liberty was left undressed (to shame her and the family) and the other girl wasn’t (collateral damage).

The meth revenge could also explain why the girls weren’t sexually assaulted. Your first thought is, the BG was some transient perv who abducted them to rape them. But he didn’t. Maybe that’s because the assailant was there to carry out a revenge killing/warning to Derek German for “snitching” and couldn’t or wasn’t willing to rape one or both tweens, and so killed them and left the bodies posed in a provacative, profane way to hurt the families and community.

Somehow, the meth revenge killing is less horrifying than a random sadistic redneck preying on two kids in a crime of opportunity...

by Anonymousreply 220March 3, 2021 1:08 PM

R219 No, he’s popped up on the new sub, Today is the Day, sounding defensive and even fishier.

by Anonymousreply 221March 3, 2021 1:09 PM

R219: Leigh Kerr appeared last night 3/2/2021 (either at LibbyandAbby or BuckRowdy’s new sub DelphiTodayIsTheDay) saying he had personal issues to attend to and would still respond.

R216: Regarding the 2/14/2017 (approximate 22:21 time) scanner traffic: It’s the dispatcher returning registration info on B*ian and B*njamin Beeks’ Monticello 2008 light blue Toyota. However, we do not know when the inquiry was made about the Toyota nor if it was even near Delphi. The Websleuther who dug up the scanner traffic wrote: “State Police out of Lafayette have an 8-county coverage area - including in and around Monticello.” Years ago I went down the Beeks rabbit hole and crawled out concluding “the Beeks have nothing to do with this.” I stopped following this case.

But then Leigh Kerr appeared last week. I can’t decide if he’s a fraud or has inside info. It was bizarre when Leigh Kerr was answering FB questions and JDW popped in. Who knows if it was the real Kokomo Pastor JDW. Equally bizarre was Robert Ives using the term “non-secular signatures” but now I can’t find where and when he said it or even if he did.

I always thought this was lucky-psycho related. But now I just don’t know what to think.

by Anonymousreply 222March 3, 2021 2:29 PM

Why was there no mention of two girls screaming loudly while being stabbed to death? It would have echoed in the woods far and wide.

My theory is that it was catfishing through Snapchat to abuse Libby. BG pretended to be a policeman when he saw Abby was there too and was pissed that Libby brought a friend.

There is an escort from that area who recorded the judge Kurtis Fouts and he resigned. She also does meth and possibly knew Libby's dad who had meth issues. She made a video about it where she says there is a sex club run by men in Lafayette (25 minutes from Delphi) and they kidnap girls for sexual pleasure. Fouts was one of the members in the club. Fouts also was a lawyer against Derrick's case in 2011 (35-43-4-2(a)/FD: Theft, 35-48-4-14.5(c)/FD: Possess Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonia Solution w/ Intent To Manufacture Drug).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 3, 2021 4:58 PM

I cannot find any source of Robert Ives, former Carroll Co prosecutor, stating anything about “non-secular” signatures. He does say, in the 2020 HLN podcast, that “signatures” are there. But who knows what they are.

Clearly this case is cold. What a tragic shame.

by Anonymousreply 224March 3, 2021 5:25 PM

Ives says in this Dr Oz interview he hopes police will release more info. Wonder if he's Leigh Kerr. He says the items were unusual.

Like I said above, the girls would have been heard screaming if they were killed at 3 pm. I wonder if they were taken somewhere else, killed, and their bodies returned to the river after the search was called off.

No teenage girls want to "go for a walk" without having a different motive. Especially, when they had to be driven to the secluded location.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 3, 2021 5:41 PM

R222, this might help re: "non-secular"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 3, 2021 5:46 PM

Per Leigh Kerr, the signatures included hair missing from both girls and their bodies posed in a relgious but also sexual way.

by Anonymousreply 227March 3, 2021 5:51 PM

Also per Leigh Kerr, the girls were killed at the spot they were found and were dead by the time Liberty German’s father came to find them. I suspect they were gagged.

by Anonymousreply 228March 3, 2021 5:54 PM

R225 I was once a teen girl and yes you do walk just to walk sometimes. Not saying that they were definitely not up to something but not necessarily either.

by Anonymousreply 229March 3, 2021 6:22 PM

R225 Consider where they grew up. Those trails are where kids went. Crossing that bridge was a thrill and evidently was Abby’s first time. Kids are also social media minded and the bridge and the view made for good photos.

Not saying they weren’t expecting to meet someone, just that kids do hang out in nature, doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 230March 3, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote] Liberty’s father fingered two meth dealers

Is there video of this?

by Anonymousreply 231March 3, 2021 6:44 PM

R231 See R213 for the video...

by Anonymousreply 232March 3, 2021 7:35 PM

Oh thank you R226, R227! Last week, when I was wherever in the internet, I saw Robert Ives supposedly say “non-secular.” So I then went to a YouTube place and a commenter said “crosses carved in the trees.” Well who knows if that’s true.

Leigh Kerr’s new postings are contradictory to me - religious yet sexual “tableau.”

Within the last week I’ve looked at new Reddit subs, historic Reddit/Websleuths places, and then gone down old rabbit holes and new ones.

My old and new rabbit holes were on the Beeks, Pat and Angel Br@wn and their little pickup, then Micah H, then pastor JDW.

My conclusion is still that these people were way too obese, way too short-legged, way too short, way too fat-faced, or way too skinny in 2017 to be BG - whether OBG sketch or YBG sketch. The video shows to me a broad-shouldered guy with long skinny legs. He doesn’t have a beer gut, hulking arms, or short sausage legs. And he’s also not lithe and skinny like a teen or young adult.

by Anonymousreply 233March 3, 2021 7:51 PM

R233 I don’t think he’s fat, either. I think he has a lot of crap under that jacket. One thing Leigh Kerr said that makes sense - he was watching them through binoculars.

by Anonymousreply 234March 3, 2021 11:02 PM

Evidently the Leigh Kerr AMA convinced a family member to demand more information, according to a poster on this thread. Who knows if true, but that would really great if it works and new released information prompts a legitimate tip....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235March 4, 2021 2:05 PM

Well, maybe Leigh Kerr triggered something. That’s good I think.

Leigh Kerr may be a complete fraud.

He may also be “Robert Lindsey” who had a blog but Word Press shut it down due to its sexual nature. (I see Robert Lindsey is now recently commenting on YouTube sites.) Leigh Kerr and Robert Lindsey focused on Snapchat/sexual/religious. Who knows if that’s true.

But Leigh Kerr may also be a frustrated insider/outsider LE. Who knows.

Stunningly, there’s the “True Crime Garage” 3/2 and 3/3/2021 podcasts where the hosts at the end of Ep 2 chat about a man/wife couple. Recent Reddit posts, some deleted, throw out the names Chr@stopher and V Nabors who live near Deer Creek.

I’ve always thought it was some rando lucky-psycho that day.

But thinking about the bizarre pressers with: changing sketches and different explanations about the sketches; Doug Carter’s reference to The Shack; and the presser’s assertion we might be surprised about a community member - I just don’t know what to think except that LE needs to release more info.

The cryptic pressers and subsequent lack of information mimics this finger-pointing tragedy to Twilight Zone’s The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 4, 2021 8:24 PM

That Robert Lindsay guy requested me on Facebook just after the murders because I commented in a group about the girls. I'm from Australia and expressed my sympathy and hope that the murderer/s would be caught swiftly. He was sending me full essays about hebephilia until I blocked him. A real weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 237March 4, 2021 9:27 PM

That Robert Lindsay guy was a huge creep. This tragedy brought out so many scummy true crime fame whores

by Anonymousreply 238March 4, 2021 9:38 PM

Yikes. Glad I’m not on Facebook. I will listen to the True Crime Garage podcast.

by Anonymousreply 239March 4, 2021 11:00 PM

R222 Wow, one of the hosts practically named CN: He sold or may talk about selling property, graduate education, better job than most in Delphi, and especially, stressing he had his own way to and from and crime scene. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 240March 5, 2021 2:56 AM

I just started investigating this case. Stayed tune.

by Anonymousreply 241March 5, 2021 3:54 AM

R223: I’ve yet to determine an official source reporting screaming was heard. On sub-Reddit DelphiIsTheDay’s “Timeline” there is a post asserting fellow student Cheyenne said on FB she heard screaming and called 911. Who knows if that is true.

I lived near the Platte Canyon High School tragedy. A young male student who was in the room asserted he said something to try to save the girls. It came out later he didn’t and it was just a young teen’s mind trying to process survivor’s guilt and incredible trauma. I often think of this poor kid and wonder if he is okay.

If Cheyenne did indeed call 911, the tape should be released. There should be no “evidentiary protection” in releasing that unless LE is protecting their decisions to have many untrained personnel search, then stop the overnight search, and then refuse the dogs who were en-route from another city.

by Anonymousreply 242March 5, 2021 3:16 PM

This interview is as sketchy af.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 5, 2021 3:24 PM

I have never heard of a case with so much secrecy in it. What is that about?

by Anonymousreply 244March 5, 2021 3:41 PM

The guy on the video has nothing to do with the crime, but the cops think he does. Until they realize this it won't be solved.

by Anonymousreply 245March 5, 2021 3:45 PM

R245 You are saying BG has nothing to do with the crime? That's preposterous. The entire incident was recorded on Libby's phone.

by Anonymousreply 246March 5, 2021 3:51 PM

What’s with all the secrecy from the cops?

by Anonymousreply 247March 5, 2021 3:53 PM

People have suggested they didn’t scream because BG held a gun on them. I don’t think you could stop yourself from screaming if threatened with a gun.

Hopefully the lack of screams means they were killed very fast.

by Anonymousreply 248March 5, 2021 4:26 PM

The cops clearly fucked up the investigation in someway (obtaining evidence through legally inadmissible means).

by Anonymousreply 249March 5, 2021 4:50 PM

Recent long list of Tobe answering questions. It's too long to post them here.

Q. Do you consider this a cold case? Why?

A. Absolutely not. A true “cold case” provides no leads, no information to follow into. This is not the situation with the Abby & Libby investigation. Our investigators are still, on a daily basis, receiving information which can be looked into. In essence, the “well has not gone dry.”

Q. How would this case be handled from the beginning had there not been any audio/video of the person of interest?

A. Obviously we would have had to rely on other evidence gained, from all sources.

Q. Did one or more than one set of footprints lead searchers to the area where the girls were found?

A. This speaks to an evidentiary aspect of the investigation and I would respectfully prefer not to answer.

Q. Is there partial DNA or a full DNA profile of the suspect?

If there is DNA, has it been run against a genealogy DNA database?

A. This also speaks to an evidentiary aspect of the investigation.

Q. The public has been given two sketches, is the thought there is more than one person involved or is the second sketch the suspected killer? Please clarify the two sketches, this has been a point of confusion since the second sketch was released.

A. These were produced by information gained from witnesses near the area during time frame. The primary focus by investigators is on the second sketch.

Q. Was video collected throughout Delphi from Feb. 13, 2017 including video from the building across from the abandoned CPS building (The Anderson’s)?

A. Multiple pieces of evidence, including anything technologically based, have been gained. At least information followed into or brought to the attention by the investigators.

Q. No matter how distant, do you have the man walking on the bridge, videoed by Libby, on any other video?

A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

Q. Why have no other photos from Libby’s phone been released to the public?

A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

Q. Why have you never released the FBI’s suspect profile to the public?

A. It has been discussed with the FBI, but again, it is currently felt it is close to the evidentiary element.

Q. Are there regrets about not securing the Morning Heights Cemetery as a possible part of the crime scene (i.e. possible exit route of the killer(s)?

A. At the time, it was uncertain exactly what the “totality of the circumstances” were.

Q. Do investigators believe the bridge photo and voice belong to same person?

A. Yes

MORE AT LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 5, 2021 5:54 PM

R250 So they have nothing.

by Anonymousreply 251March 5, 2021 7:56 PM

r246

Not even close. All they have is a few words and a blurry image. Law enforcement admits the attack was not recorded. They have no evidence to tie this guy on audio or the video other than snippets of poor quality. The "guys" and "down the hill" are two sentences spliced for release and in-between is gibberish.

If they had anything, this guy would be caught. They are focused on the wrong guy

by Anonymousreply 252March 6, 2021 1:32 AM

R252 you are a troll. It has been well established that BG is the killer. Back up your claims please.

by Anonymousreply 253March 6, 2021 1:58 AM

R251 I think it sounds like they have a suspect whose wife is providing his alibi.

by Anonymousreply 254March 6, 2021 3:13 AM

R252 no, there is more audio but law enforcement doesn’t think releasing it will help. For example, if you listen to the sound clip (the best version is on FBI website, you can clearly hear one of the girls yelling “Oh, my GOD!” between the “Guys” and “Down the hill.” According to one family member who heard the recording, the sound of a gun being cocked can also be heard.

by Anonymousreply 255March 6, 2021 11:28 AM

I really hope they have other evidence, however it has to be acknowledged that his answers are also an old investigative technique used to rattle the killer and hopefully cause him to panic and ultimately make a mistake that reveals who he is by implying that evidence such as DNA may exist. Again, after studying serial killers for decades I believe he was unknown to the girls. Most serial killers have a "type" of victim that they fantasize about about. An example would be Ted Bundy. All of his victims were young, thin,attractive women with long brunette hair parted down the middle. The victim type is essential to their rape, kill fantasy. That is why I think one girl was killed quickly, just to get her out of the way of his true target. I do believe he got them to cooperate and keep quite by holding a weapon on one girl and telling them one sound and she was dead. It is not difficult to threaten and intimate children that age into obeying orders. They are still at the age/mind set of obeying adults without question, even subconsciously. It is only when we mature into mid to late teens that the concept of making our own decisions develop. What a fucking monster. You can bet money on one thing. Whoever the SOB he follows the threads closely, and more than likely gets a sick thrill from posting as well . There is also no doubt in my mind that he kept a "memento" from the victims to relive the crime over and over again, the way John Wayne Gacy did. He has killed before. He will kill again, probably in another state.

by Anonymousreply 256March 6, 2021 5:11 PM

Don't (overly) holler at me!

But is there a summary anywhere of the current state of information on what happened here?

by Anonymousreply 257March 7, 2021 12:23 PM

So their “method” of hardly releasing any info to make the killer be caught by slipping up (or whatever) obviously didn’t work. It has been four years. Try a different tactic or call it a cold case. I am starting to wonder if they really don’t have much of anything beyond what we have seen.

by Anonymousreply 258March 7, 2021 3:01 PM

This case must have really given hope to psychopaths out there. Apparently you can get away with killing two people in the middle of a sunny day outside with others AND with video/pictures and audio of your voice. I really wonder if this case would have looked different if the families had been wealthy rather than dirt poor.

by Anonymousreply 259March 7, 2021 3:14 PM

R259, the video is blurry. The audio isn't clear. No one really has a good idea of what he looks or sounds like.

BTW, motiveless (or seemingly motiveless) killings by strangers have always been harder to solve than ones committed by someone the victim knows

by Anonymousreply 260March 7, 2021 3:32 PM

r257 Here's a decent summary on the case. All the "recent" info is a bunch of conjecture from a supposed insider who has been all over the FB groups and Reddit. He's most likely a phony. The rest of the audio from Libby's phone can't be revealed because it's too horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 7, 2021 7:25 PM

Aargh at first I knew lots .... now who are all these names & initials?! Are there any possible POIs who are widely believed to be involved, or does everyone on Reddit have their own pet perp?

And these ‘leakers’ and other insiders ... AFAIK any anon person claiming such status online is not to be taken seriously .... that not true here?

Way back at the start (when I thought this would be satisfying to follow cuz it would be solved fast) there was online talk of ‘shunned Amish’ communities around Delphi that seemed to have some promise .... did that go anywhere? Seems now it’s all about standard Jesus-hollering Christian community dudes under suspicion

by Anonymousreply 262March 27, 2021 12:36 PM

The Daily Fail has an article posted today that has a suspect being investigated. The picture looks pretty similar to the sketch. I really hope that this is the killer so he will be caught and punished. I won’t link cuz DL doesn’t like the Mail.

by Anonymousreply 263April 28, 2021 11:58 PM

The suspect looks like the sketch!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 30, 2021 12:27 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 265April 30, 2021 11:21 AM

It has to be him. This case has really bothered me that someone got away with doing this. I hope this is the guy so there can be closure

by Anonymousreply 266April 30, 2021 2:02 PM

R266-- I agree, that IS him. I just hope LE has enough evidence against him for a conviction. This case has literally haunted me. Praying for justice for the victim and families. Also praying that this monster is removed from society.

by Anonymousreply 267April 30, 2021 2:42 PM

@R267--Meant victims, plural. Typo

by Anonymousreply 268April 30, 2021 2:43 PM

He does fit so well. He looks similar build/type to the video. His voice sounds similar. He had tons of outdoors activity on his social media. He lived just 30minutes from where they were killed. He was caught while abducting and trying to kill a young girl (same MO). I'm not going to assume it's him but he's a very good suspect or person of interest. I want to know more about what kind of DNA they have and if it could get the killer.

by Anonymousreply 269April 30, 2021 2:46 PM

Holy crap, now that I see the suspect, I can see how someone could have come up with both sketches. You think they're completely different, but he's got the eyes and lips of one and the nose of the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 30, 2021 2:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 30, 2021 3:28 PM

Something not a lot of people get is that the man in the video was walking like an old guy because it was a fairly dangerous bridge with rotting wood, so you'd have to carefully step on each plank and make sure it wasn't a rotted one too. So that's why it can be misleading about the age of the person in the girl's videos. You can find youtubes of the bridge and it makes you understand what it was really like.

by Anonymousreply 272April 30, 2021 3:34 PM

On facebook, he gives strong "Todd from vaguebooking" vibes.

by Anonymousreply 273April 30, 2021 3:45 PM

R272-- I think he was also carrying weapons, maybe even a "kill kit." That would also account for his careful, hesitate gait, as well as the condition of the bridge, as you correctly pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 274April 30, 2021 4:00 PM

Browsing Reddit and found this mugshot of the suspect from a year before the murders and he looks a lot like one sketch of the murderer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 30, 2021 4:45 PM

He does look remarkably like the Bridge man. Between the similar looks and the fact of his crime being almost identical to the Delphi murders, I really feel he is the killer. Hope we have answers soon.

by Anonymousreply 276April 30, 2021 7:08 PM

R276-- Meant to say that I have no doubt he would have murdered her if he hadn't been caught.

by Anonymousreply 277April 30, 2021 7:14 PM

Barely over 5ft tall? That's very short for a man. I wonder if investigators could have worked out approximate height from the video, since that would have been a good tip to look out for.

by Anonymousreply 278May 1, 2021 4:02 AM

You think they have that technology/ability, R278. Good observation! That is an extremely rare height, isn't it? I am going to Google percentages Again, good observation.

by Anonymousreply 279May 1, 2021 4:29 AM

0.1 percent, R279

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 1, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] I won’t link cuz DL doesn’t like the Mail

We don't like when people start threads with a daily mail link. But posting inside a thread is okay, unless it's one of their delusional political stories

by Anonymousreply 281May 1, 2021 5:01 AM

[quote] We don't like when people start threads with a daily mail link.

I don’t mind it.

by Anonymousreply 282May 1, 2021 5:42 AM

Ugh! Omg he does look like the sketch!!

by Anonymousreply 283May 1, 2021 5:55 AM

have we confirmed this guy was into hunting and/or fishing? so many reddit threads i didn't read all the way through. that sketch looks a LOT like him. any similarities to the girl he kidnapped and held hostage and one of the murdered girls?

by Anonymousreply 284May 1, 2021 6:59 AM

where did his shoulders go?

by Anonymousreply 285May 1, 2021 7:11 AM

The police did say they had a good idea of who had committed the crime and were waiting for him to slip up as it was just a matter of time. I guess they were right.

by Anonymousreply 286May 1, 2021 7:17 AM

i really hope they have some DNA evidence in the Delphi case. Either way, this fucker is going down for assault, kidnapping, attempted murder and molestation of a child. Really can't get around finding the child on the actual premises, injured and chained up in the basement. But i'm hoping they have some sort of DNA evidence or something they haven't released to public that would pin this on him.

by Anonymousreply 287May 1, 2021 7:21 AM

R284, there's no mention of him being into hunting or fishing but his social media had a lot of photos of him outdoors, including one of him in a tent. Places just like the Delphi hike. If you look at the link, they have some of his social media photos and you'll see what I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 1, 2021 7:44 AM

r288 that's chilling. i don't want to jump on the "this is the guy!" train, but he is clearly guilty of another crime and i really hope they have some forensic evidence to tie him to the girls murders. he's clearly a fucked up guy and needs to be convicted of crimes against the girl they found.

by Anonymousreply 289May 1, 2021 8:01 AM

Now, that's very creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 1, 2021 8:02 AM

[quote]I think it was a stranger.

Stranger to the two victims. But not to the area. Perhaps someone who have lived in the area as a kid/teen/young adult, moved away. And then returned for whatever reason to murder.

Sometimes the police are lucky in their investigations and the perp caught in a timely manner. But often decades go by until the perp is caught, do more to luck and happenstance than investigation. The following are some of the more famous murderers and how long it took police to catch them:

Golden State Killer, James DeAngelo: 32 years

Green River Killer, Gary Ridgway: 19 years

John Cooper, Pembrokeshire Murders: 25 years

And some of the ones who still haven't been caught:

The Zodiac Killer

The Long Island Killer

Jack the Ripper

by Anonymousreply 291May 1, 2021 9:03 AM

r291 - the current POI looks very good for it.

by Anonymousreply 292May 1, 2021 9:05 AM

a hair, a skin sample from nails, just SOMETHING. he looks good for it.

by Anonymousreply 293May 1, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote] I don’t mind it.

If the link worked, it might be okay

But many times, the mail links are just videos. Then you've got to go an search for the story. No one has time for that shit

Plus the mail has really become a repug propaganda site

by Anonymousreply 294May 1, 2021 9:43 AM

We have no idea if LE has DNA, but the assumption is they don't or we would have heard of it being used to find the killer by now. There are rumors that they did collect touch DNA at the site but no one knows for sure.

There was also an investigator who said there was physical evidence but it's "not what you think," which makes people believe it might be simply touch DNA (i.e. nothing left behind in a sexual assault) or even dog DNA, since one victim was possibly bitten by a dog at some point.

This presumed lack of DNA is one reason why people believe the girls weren't sexually assaulted. There were also some texts leaked from one of the searchers who found the bodies where the searcher said the girls hadn't been assaulted, though the validity of the texts is uncertain.

by Anonymousreply 295May 1, 2021 9:49 AM

that's hard to believe r295 as they were said to be posed. all throughout this investigation, there is a pose feature. not saying they were sexually assaulted, but posed they were. i would think there would be some DNA or something from crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 296May 1, 2021 10:01 AM

We don't know if they were posed. The texts from the guy who found the girls say they were not posed.

by Anonymousreply 297May 1, 2021 10:07 AM

R286 How did they say that? Like they had a name, someone to watch?

by Anonymousreply 298May 1, 2021 10:40 AM

This tattoo. Someone in the comments did an overlay showing that it pretty much matches Libby's photo. Holy shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 1, 2021 11:26 AM

There is a similarity in the way they speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 1, 2021 11:29 AM

R299, the tattoo dates to before the murders, there's a photo of him playing with a puppy in 2016 where he has the tat. It's creepy but it's not of one of the victims.

by Anonymousreply 301May 1, 2021 11:34 AM

Thanks for clarifying, r301 - Obviously there's a lot of speculation and wild theories about this crime. I probably should have checked ALL the comments - there were a lot to get through - before posting. Nevertheless, it's a creepy coincidence in a very disturbing case.

by Anonymousreply 302May 1, 2021 11:49 AM

It took me forever to find that when I was looking for it yesterday r302, which is why I didn't link to the post that showed the photo from 2016 where he already had a tattoo, it would take me an hour to figure out which link in my history it was.

It really is a creepy coincidence, though.

by Anonymousreply 303May 1, 2021 11:51 AM

Talk to the mothers of the girls

by Anonymousreply 304May 1, 2021 12:19 PM

According to the mugshot linked at r275, the suspect is 5'8", not 5'0", r278 - r280. So not freakishly short.

by Anonymousreply 305May 1, 2021 12:47 PM

It's the ears. Look at his left ear in the photo and the left ear of the first sketch.

by Anonymousreply 306May 1, 2021 12:50 PM

Ok, that tattoo gave me chills. That little girl came as close to death as is possible without dying. Mere minutes saved her, poor child. I always felt that the case would be solved by him getting caught committing another kidnapping/murder. It bothered me that another child would have to be hurt, possibly killed to solve this crime. We all knew this sick piece of shit would kill again. Looking at one photo of him outside somewhere with train tracks/trees in the background startled me for some reason. My first thought was he is posing over a grave, like The Moors murderers. They were a couple who killed children in the 60's in England. They then posed for pictures standing on the murdered children's graves. Myra Hindley and Ian Brady. Those are the vibes some of his pictures gave me. Hope to hell I am wrong. Also, the way he was standing in one picture was almost exactly the same stance as BG. Almost bowed legs. Short legs, but not abnormally short. And the dog. The child had bite marks from his pitbull. Sadistic beyond words. I will be very surprised if he isn't the Delphi killer Very. That tattoo alone should convict his sick ass, imo. That little girl was only 9 years old. Electrocute his sick, sadistic, sorry ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 1, 2021 1:21 PM

I agree R307, I think this is their man. And he does indeed look younger than he is, which explains the second sketch. He actually does look like a blend of both.

by Anonymousreply 308May 1, 2021 1:27 PM

He’s a young looking 42. I can see why the people who saw home that day put his age all over the place

by Anonymousreply 309May 1, 2021 2:01 PM

I just read the link in R288 and he’s a Trump supporter lol. Of course he is.

by Anonymousreply 310May 1, 2021 2:13 PM

R288, That's exactly what I said when I read he is from LaFollette. Nothing good ever came from the Knoxville Tn. environs.

Trump supporters galore; and more than their share of criminal element.

by Anonymousreply 311May 1, 2021 2:26 PM

I hope the prisoners pull a Dalmer on his ass and beat him to death. Slowly.

by Anonymousreply 312May 1, 2021 2:39 PM

Those amateur sleuths on Reddit are batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 313May 1, 2021 7:19 PM

Not surprised the suspect is a deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 314May 1, 2021 7:39 PM

Forensic files on this asshole!

by Anonymousreply 315May 1, 2021 8:03 PM

R314-- Yes, that was disgusting but not one bit surprising. Women hating bullies identify with him. Shocker. Pedophiles identify with him. They can see it in another.

by Anonymousreply 316May 1, 2021 8:04 PM

I think this is our guy. Both sketches show a thin lipped man. And the tattoo predates the murders, but it makes me think he'd stalked Libby. The guy is a creep. He deserves life in prison for what he did to the 9 yr old girl, regardless of guilt for the Delphi murders.

by Anonymousreply 317May 1, 2021 10:21 PM

[quote]It's creepy but it's not of one of the victims.

The tattoo is creepy because the blank/empty show depersonalization, yet the tears (or blood) indicate suffering.

by Anonymousreply 318May 1, 2021 10:22 PM

@R318-- Excellent analysis. That tattoo made my blood freeze. It was made to look like a posed corpse, imo. I shudder to think about how he mutilated them and posed their bodies. I think the face on that tattoo is exactly what her poor face looked like when he left her there for LE. I think he also got a sick thrill knowing how shocked and horrified they would be to see that. Reminds me of this sick fuck. Danny Rollins. He decapitated one of his victims and posed get body so that it seemed as if she was looking at her body lying on the bed. Her head was placed on a mantle, looking down at her body. LE were deeply traumatized by the crime scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 1, 2021 10:48 PM

r319 Jack the Ripper did something similar to Mary Kelly after he killed her in her small bedsit room.

He cut her eyelids so her eyes appeared "open," and then tilted her head slightly on the bed so she looked to be staring at whoever walked through her door. The window was right next to the door, the only light coming into the room. Kelly's room was less than 10' X 10', whoever entered immediately saw the blue eyes glistening at them from a bloody cut-up corpse.

by Anonymousreply 320May 2, 2021 1:58 AM

My fear is the tattoo could mean another victim. If it predates the Delphi murders, it's likely someone he "memorialized". What a sick motherfucker this one is.

by Anonymousreply 321May 2, 2021 2:08 AM

R320--- I had forgotten about that murder, thank you. That was one of, if not the most, gruesome murder I have ever read about. It makes a person nauseous to read it. It is frustrating to me that the real JTR was never revealed because it would be so interesting to know about his childhood and what makes a person so very sick. @R321-- I honestly didn't see another face tattoo because I was so horrified by that one. What was the other one? Also how did he get her exact image if it was before the murder?

by Anonymousreply 322May 2, 2021 2:37 AM

In the attack he was arrested for, her family says the 9 year old was bleeding out of her eyes from the strangulation? If that is true (and I don’t know if it is true) AND he has a tattoo with eyes that are bleeding....that seems like too much of a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 323May 2, 2021 2:46 AM

It seems pretty in-line with their murders. Please let there be some DNA evidence.

by Anonymousreply 324May 2, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote] the tattoo dates to before the murders, there's a photo of him playing with a puppy in 2016 where he has the tat. It's creepy but it's not of one of the victims

R301, it's weird how so many crimes have these things that seem so incriminating, but aren't at all

by Anonymousreply 325May 4, 2021 5:41 PM

That's got to be the guy. Just happens he has a dog that he's trained to chase cats or has a dog period?

by Anonymousreply 326May 4, 2021 5:45 PM

This guy has been under investigation for about a week now—is he the guy? Or not. I’m thinking not.

by Anonymousreply 327May 4, 2021 5:45 PM

They’d have to have enough evidence to support a conviction if they’re going to charge him.

by Anonymousreply 328May 4, 2021 5:54 PM

My impression just from the photo and his recording is that he’s middle aged, has a fairly decent job, knew what he was doing and was comfortable, has pretty good taste in clothes, not a slob, people wouldn’t suspect him, has a boat.

Looking at the guy that was just arrested seems like I am completely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 329May 6, 2021 6:55 AM

I think it's the newest suspect entry on the Wikipedia page. He has a richer sounding name.

by Anonymousreply 330May 6, 2021 7:06 AM

my leg is just not letting me heal on this crime. i know that sounds sounds shit, i don't recognize myself as some sort of a medium. but since i have heard about this, there is a lower leg wound that won't go away. go ahead, tease me, blow me out. but i think this guy is the guy. i don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2021 7:14 AM

You think it's this guy R331?

Voice sounds similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 6, 2021 8:01 AM

sounds pretty close to "down the hill, guys" voice.

by Anonymousreply 333May 6, 2021 8:43 AM

The way he says guys 20 seconds in. Yeah creepy.

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2021 8:54 AM

God, he just looks too much like the sketch.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2021 9:07 PM

I don’t think it’s this guy. The BG seemed older and walked differently. This story is creepy as hell. I hope I’m wrong and this is the guy.

by Anonymousreply 336May 7, 2021 12:04 AM

This isn’t the guy.

by Anonymousreply 337May 7, 2021 12:05 AM

a true crime group i read 95% of the members think it's this guy. I'm not yet convinced, he does fit the sketch, he is a real creep but that still doesn't prove he did it.

by Anonymousreply 338May 7, 2021 1:05 AM

Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 339May 7, 2021 1:07 AM

R338-- What makes them doubt it's him, if you don't mind telling us a bit about it. Tia

by Anonymousreply 340May 7, 2021 5:38 AM

R339 it's on facebook. R340, they do not doubt it's him, it's me- i just think it's too soon to say it's definitely him. i'd like it to be him.

by Anonymousreply 341May 7, 2021 9:23 AM

I don't SEE any similarities b/t Chadwell and the suspect. The suspect appears to be older. That's the walk of a guy with bad knees or something. Chadwell's more in shape.

by Anonymousreply 342May 7, 2021 9:38 AM

The bridge has slats of decayed wood. Anyone walking over it would be moving slow and with hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2021 10:44 AM

Also, it looks as if he is carrying weapons, or a possible "kill kit". Knives, guns, ect. The bulk of the pants almost show an outline of a gun to some. That and the condition of the bridge could account for the way he was walking. Of course I say it could, but all of this is only a guess.

by Anonymousreply 344May 7, 2021 1:00 PM

Last night, I read through a long thread on Reddit and it was frightening, sad, and had information that I hadn't read before.

It looks pretty likely that Chadwell, the man arrested for sexually assaulting and holding a 9 year old girl captive in his basement, is the Delphi killer. He lives in the town next to Delphi.

In the thread, a poster has made several Photoshop images that show how the photo of Liberty used on the Missing posters matches up with a creepy tattoo on the guy's arm. There is a debate about when the guy got the tattoo and whether the tattoo is actually of the guy's late mother or Linda Blair's face from the Exorcist. Chadwell is an amateur tattoo artist and he got tattoos while he was in prison.

Also in the thread is a link to a compilation of his TikTok video posts and his voice sounds like the voice of the Bridge Guy.

Chadwell was in prison for 13 years and he worked on bridges. His Instagram has a lot of selfies taken on various bridges.

Another thing that was interesting is a computer generated simulation of the positioning of the 2 girls on the bridge and the bridge guy. It shows how ratty the bridge was and why the killer would have been apprehensive when walking across the bridge.

The police mention DNA evidence. There is a rumor that one of the girls had been bit by a dog. It could be DNA from one of Chadwell's dogs. He lured the 9 year old girl into his house by asking if she wanted to play with his dogs.

The link below is for the big informative tattoo comparison thread. Click on the bottom of the OP’s post to read all 630 comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 8, 2021 10:54 AM

Here is a local news broadcast showing the computer simulation of the bridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 8, 2021 10:57 AM

Chadwell's brother says he's a monster and his step-father says he is capable of murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 8, 2021 11:01 AM

Was Valentine’s Day a trigger for the Delphi murders? Libby and Abby's bodies were found on Valentine's Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 8, 2021 11:04 AM

R345, we already established that the tattoo was on his arm before the Delphi murders.

by Anonymousreply 349May 8, 2021 12:10 PM

This isn’t him. The guy is way older. His gait seemed slower and that of an older man. This guy walks to fast.

by Anonymousreply 350May 8, 2021 12:19 PM

R350, he's walking like that because of the bridge. It's a dangerous bridge with rotting slats of wood that you have to look at and be careful stepping on.

by Anonymousreply 351May 8, 2021 12:28 PM

No. ^.

by Anonymousreply 352May 8, 2021 12:30 PM

No? I'd be nervous and careful walking over this bridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 8, 2021 12:43 PM

Enough.

by Anonymousreply 354May 8, 2021 12:46 PM

No?

Enough?

by Anonymousreply 355May 8, 2021 1:56 PM

I think it's quite plausible that the guy was walking carefully because of a rotting bridge. I'm not sure I'd walk on it period.

by Anonymousreply 356May 8, 2021 2:14 PM

It’s not the guy.

by Anonymousreply 357May 8, 2021 2:21 PM

How do you think he killed them? It seems like a very bold murder when it's about controlling two people.

by Anonymousreply 358May 8, 2021 2:22 PM

The guy who actually killed them?

by Anonymousreply 359May 8, 2021 2:35 PM

Yes, whoever it was.

by Anonymousreply 360May 8, 2021 2:36 PM

Who the hell would walk that bridge, much less allow kids to walk on it alone? It looks terrifying even without the psycho killer lurking. Small town or not, this is the 21st century. The parents did a piss poor job of supervising their kids.

by Anonymousreply 361May 8, 2021 2:36 PM

R345, it's stated upthread that his creepy tattoo pre-dates the Delphi murders.

by Anonymousreply 362May 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Does the suspect have internet access? Is he the guy here continually saying "No way it's him. Nope. No way. No. Enough"?

Because why else would anybody pretend to be CERTAIN it's not him?

by Anonymousreply 363May 8, 2021 2:58 PM

I still don't understand how or why they complied with this guy's orders unless he had a weapon. Also, why does the recording stop where it does? Did they stop recording or was it all CSI could salvage? Is this case the result of two stupid young girls who didn't get the FUCK out of dodge when they had the chance OR a bumbling homicide department?

This case bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 364May 8, 2021 3:55 PM

^^or both^^ I forgot

by Anonymousreply 365May 8, 2021 3:56 PM

I think he must have had a gun, I have a hard time seeing how he could have killed them otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 366May 8, 2021 4:20 PM

Why are the cops on the case being so fucking mysterious? What evidence could they possibly have that is any different than other murders?

The last press conference bordered on ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 367May 8, 2021 4:30 PM

Maybe it's a cop and that's why they are being so reticent.

by Anonymousreply 368May 8, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]Does the suspect have internet access? Is he the guy here continually saying "No way it's him. Nope. No way. No. Enough"? Because why else would anybody pretend to be CERTAIN it's not him?

Ma’am? Stop. The guy in the video is way older. It is not him. Take your conspiracies back to reddit. ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 369May 8, 2021 6:29 PM

The comic book fan base world is quite homophobic, yes? Despite the woke, they’ve always been notoriously anti-gay, yes? Going back years and years?

by Anonymousreply 370May 8, 2021 6:32 PM

Wrong thread. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 371May 8, 2021 6:32 PM

Datalounge is glitchy lately—one minute I’m one thread—then I’m in another.

by Anonymousreply 372May 8, 2021 6:33 PM

happened to me a few times too R372.

by Anonymousreply 373May 8, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] Who the hell would walk that bridge, much less allow kids to walk on it alone? It looks terrifying even without the psycho killer lurking. Small town or not, this is the 21st century. The parents did a piss poor job of supervising their kids.

I'm not sure how I feel. Kids should be allowed to have some adventures. They did have their phones. It should have been an OK thing to do. The girls were about 14? Seems old enough.

by Anonymousreply 374May 8, 2021 6:41 PM

In the video he looks to me like he's walking with a limp.

by Anonymousreply 375May 8, 2021 6:59 PM

People are claiming it was the bridge, R375—but I don’t buy it. The killer is an older dude.

by Anonymousreply 376May 8, 2021 7:06 PM

Chadwell isn't exactly a spring chicken, he's 42.

by Anonymousreply 377May 9, 2021 1:36 AM

Libby was experienced on the bridge. The second sketch was of a younger looking guy. The first sketch was misleading. We were told that the guy probably looks younger than he is. It's this Chadwell dude to a "T".

by Anonymousreply 378May 9, 2021 1:45 AM

Wish they had a chance to push the fucker off the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 379May 9, 2021 1:51 AM

i thought i read that this bridge was supposed to have signs posted saying not to cross it BECAUSE it was so dangerous, rotting wood, etc. Pretty sure anybody crossing that bridge wouldn't exactly be race-walking across it.

by Anonymousreply 380May 9, 2021 1:58 AM

The bridge is scary, and no way as an adult i would walk across it, but at 13 and 14 years old, i would have. it would have been a thrilling adventure. I remember doing all kinds of dangerous stupid shit as a teenager.

And isn't that area known as a popular place to hike, and i think people took wedding photos, engagement pictures there.

by Anonymousreply 381May 9, 2021 1:58 AM

R361 they were 15, not 5. Were you supervised 24/7 when you were 15?

And R364, you're an asshole. They were scared young girls doing what they were being ordered to.

by Anonymousreply 382May 9, 2021 2:06 AM

R382, they were 13 and 14 and in this day and age, yes you have to be super diligent with kids. I mean proof is right in this story of what could happen. Someone dropped them off there too, so whoever did was obviously ok with them walking across a rickety, corroding bridge alone.

by Anonymousreply 383May 9, 2021 4:32 AM

STOP TRYING TO MAKE CHADWELL HAPPEN.

by Anonymousreply 384May 9, 2021 1:13 PM

R383, It was Libby's older sister, Kelsi, who agreed to it.

But c'mon, it's not the bridge, or Kelsi, or the parents who was the issue, it was this psychopath. Could have happened in a lot of places unless you're watching your kids 24/7 (unrealistic, and this is still a very rare thing to happen).

by Anonymousreply 385May 9, 2021 1:22 PM

and, R384, okay, we get it Brian...

by Anonymousreply 386May 9, 2021 1:24 PM

R384- STOP TRYING TO MAKE CHADWELL HAPPEN Why do you gaf, you creepy asshole. If you do not like it, please feel free to creep off somewhere else. If the pos wasn't in jail I would think you were him.

by Anonymousreply 387May 9, 2021 8:02 PM

R349 Not according to Chadwell's brother in the local news clip.I feel like the tattoo could be any of the 3 females mentioned - Libby, Regan in The Exorcist, or his dead mother.

I’m hooked on reading about this case. I didn’t follow it until now.

Delphi LE gave hints that they believe 2 men were involved (one older and one younger). They said that Bridge Guy seen in Libby's video we've seen isn't necessarily the man who said, "Down the hill, guys..."

In the audio after the portion that we've seen and heard, there is more that we haven't seen & heard - Libby asks Abby if the creepy guy is still there. Abby responds, "Hmmm." Then, there is the sound of a gun cocking and one of the girls screams, "Oh my God!"

Posters have pointed out that Bridge Guy appears to be trying to hide behind a tall, skinny tree that is camera right to the photo of Abby crossing the bridge.

There is speculation that the old Bridge Guy was stalking the girls and trapped them by being behind them on the bridge, while the younger guy approached the girls from the other direction.

I think that there were 2 guys and that Chadwell MIGHT be the one who says, "Down the hill, guys” but he probably isn't Bridge Guy." So many of the guys in that area and of that age range look like the police sketch.

There are about 6 guys who internet sleuths have considered as suspects who look like the police sketch. One of them, Jimmy Dale Duvall, is dead now.

The police sketch that LE recently released (where the guy looks younger) was actually the first police sketch that was drawn. LE released the only the 2nd sketch shortly after the murders.

There is speculation about 2 men in a white rental car with phony paper license plates that were spotted near the bridge. The car was abandoned near the crime scene.

One woman said a young guy was staying at her house and an older guy who looks like Bridge Guy picked up the younger man from her house on the day the girls went missing. She took a photo of the old guy with her cell phone because he was acting odd. She sent the photo to LE. He does resemble Bridge Guy.

A woman who lives in the area of the murders had complained to the man (RL) whose barn may have been used for the murders that she saw some guy cooking meth at the cemetery. Did this have something to do with the murders?

A teenage boy said that a guy who looks like Bridge Guy was sitting on a bench near another bridge in the same park but on another day, asked him for money and got mad and pushy when the teen said "No."

The blogs "paperblog" and "truthtellersweb" have interesting stuff to read. The links won't post here.

I watched a few things on 2 Youtube channels:

1. Spooky Shadow

2. Gray Hughes

by Anonymousreply 388May 10, 2021 5:25 AM

Other things in the stuff that I just read:

Abby was murdered first. She was stabbed in a neck artery and her heart. She lost a shoe on a private driveway on the side of the creek where the bodies were found.

Some of the girls' clothing was found floating in the creek that they had been forced to cross.

Libby fought back. She had blood under her fingernails. She was almost beheaded. The killer could have used fishing line as a garrote. Sometimes a hatchet is mentioned as being the murder weapon.

There is a photo on the internet of Libby in her casket. I didn't see a scarf. She looked pretty and like she was asleep. That image is such a huge contrast to the horror that she experienced in her final moments.

The pouch/fanny pack that the Bridge Guy was wearing may have been a deer kill kit that contained a knife and other things. There were at least 2 deer tree stands near the crime scene. A woman took photos and gave them to LE. They could have been used to spy on the girls.

There is a text exchange between 2 people. One man was part of a search party and claims to have seen the bodies. The bodies were discovered after a man's attention was drawn to the sight of 2 deer. He looked through his binoculars and saw the 2 bodies and notified LE.

In the text, the man said that Abby was clothed and sitting up against a tree. (Other sources said that she only had a top on).

He said that Libby's body was nude and placed near Abby's body. (Other sources say that the girls were handcuffed to each other).

I think he said it was Libby's body that had a stake driven vertically through her abdomen. (There is a debate about whether it was Abby or Libby who was pregnant. Some believe that neither girl was pregnant).

Some say that the girls were killed inside a barn on RL's property and then later moved and during "dark hours" after LE had stopped searching. The bodies were moved and put into poses at the location where they were discovered.

When LE speaks of a religious aspect to the poses, I think it could be that Libby was posed to look like she had been crucified with blood coming from her hands and the from the wound that the stake made in her abdomen. Maybe the killer used sticks to make crosses near the girls' bodies.

by Anonymousreply 389May 10, 2021 6:32 AM

eta: The blood and tissue under Libby's fingernails might be her own. If she were being strangled, she would have tried to pull the fishing line or rope away from her neck. The killer could have worn gloves.

by Anonymousreply 390May 10, 2021 6:38 AM

The tattoo is the image of the type of victims he kills. Like Bundy fantasized and preyed on young thin college women with long brunette hair. They all looked like his girlfriend who dumped him. No matter the truth of why she did, he felt she didn't think he was good enough for her. He felt humiliated and was deeply angry. He did everything to appear like a successful law student and volunteered in political circles. He then contacted her and dated her. He convinced her that he loved her and when she agreed to marry him he coldly dumped her and never spoke to her again. He got his revenge and made her feel as inadequate and humiliated as she had him, and every one of his victims looked like her The same with all serial killers . That tattoo looks so much like her because all of his victims do. He took and killed both girls, but he only wanted one of them The eyes on the tattoo are telling. He mutilates the eyes . Idk why. Maybe he doesn't like them looking at him. But that is the way he leaves them, I think. I am only guessing. He used a gun. Imo, and made one cooperate by threatening to kill her friend if she did not obey him. Diabolical. I hope he is the one who did this. Not only for justice, but because that means that the sick sob who murdered those girls is off the streets. Why haven't we heard anything? There should be some news by now.

by Anonymousreply 391May 10, 2021 6:52 AM

[quote][R349] Not according to Chadwell's brother in the local news clip.

There's video of Chadwell in 2016 with the tattoo already on his arm, r388.

A lot of the stuff you're listing is speculation and rumor, not fact. When you're shown information that contradicts whatever rumor it is you want to believe, you get huffy about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 10, 2021 6:53 AM

R392 I've clearly said that the tattoo could be any of the 3 women - Libby, Linda Blair in The Exorcist or his mother. Libby's photo looks like a school picture. He could have printed it out, traced it on his arm, and inked the crummy tattoo himself or had a buddy do it in 2016.

R391 makes sense too. Tattoo could represent the killer's type of victim.

by Anonymousreply 393May 10, 2021 7:01 AM

So you're saying you're one of those people who thinks he dug up photos of Libby one or two years BEFORE the murders and tattooed her on his arm before killing her and Abby?

by Anonymousreply 394May 10, 2021 7:04 AM

R393 that's absurd. Some of the theories here are REALLY nutty and reaching. Some of you have been reading too much smutty crime fiction.

by Anonymousreply 395May 10, 2021 10:11 AM

The tattoo could be an archetype in his head that is his "type." Regardless of whether it's a real person he's encountered or an image of some kind. Maybe it's the female inside him and he wants to kill that. But it's his "type," the type he kills. Ridiculous to argue over whether it was/was not of Libby specifically. Why are people so literal-minded?

by Anonymousreply 396May 10, 2021 11:55 AM

I know R395.

by Anonymousreply 397May 10, 2021 12:17 PM

R391 Is that from Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 398May 10, 2021 12:21 PM

It appears to be nothing but fantasy and speculation r398, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 399May 10, 2021 1:07 PM

We all are speculating because we know nothing except what has been released to the public, which is strangely very little. All we have is what little knowledge we have learned from previous serial killers. No one has inside info and the people posting on reddit are fucking creepy and disturbing. Everything is a guess. So let's not get personal over this, ok?

by Anonymousreply 400May 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Well, hmm. Let's see...on one hand, this guy was found with a 9 year old girl chained up in his basement, having been kidnapped, sexually molested and beaten. On the other hand, his own family has said he is a monster...his brother saying that he attempted to drown him as a young child.

I WONDER why we could think this guy might possibly have been involved.

Let's ponder.

by Anonymousreply 401May 11, 2021 1:54 AM

R401-- Right? I have no idea what we are thinking. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2021 1:11 PM

Don't have a link, sorry, but a story at the Daily Mail today says he's been beaten up by the other inmates at the prison he's in.

by Anonymousreply 403May 13, 2021 2:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404May 13, 2021 4:11 AM

They are really pushing this guy for some reason. Desperate.

by Anonymousreply 405May 13, 2021 4:16 AM

They're desperate to move this case forward but the truth is they've got nothing. They don't have a clue who the real killer is.

by Anonymousreply 406May 13, 2021 4:32 AM

If someone murdered my kid, I would be desperate too. Why are some of you being such assholes?

by Anonymousreply 407May 13, 2021 1:19 PM

Desperate to blame and sensationalize?

by Anonymousreply 408May 13, 2021 1:36 PM

James Chadwell should have been killed by the cops whrn they found the naked, sexually abused and beaten till almost dead, 9 year old girl locked in his basement. I believe he is guilty of the two girls murders. It would have saved the county the cost of a trial. How many ways can you say GUILTY.

by Anonymousreply 409May 13, 2021 2:34 PM

I think this thread has a virus or something? It keeps closing on me. It’s only thread that does that, that I’ve ever experienced on this site - ever.

by Anonymousreply 410May 13, 2021 2:38 PM

I’m guessing it wasn’t this guy since it’s been a while without any news.

by Anonymousreply 411May 22, 2021 6:59 PM

i was wondering about this as well. sometimes it takes time, especially with a backwater PD. i feel like they need some help from some higher sources.

by Anonymousreply 412May 22, 2021 7:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413May 22, 2021 7:10 PM

I'm sorry, a family member thinking someone is not the perp is only as good as having a good idea who IS. She wasn't there, and she doesn't know.

by Anonymousreply 414May 23, 2021 2:28 AM

If they don't have solid DNA evidence or similar which I'm assuming they don't, given that they can't rule this guy in or out, it could be very hard to prove who killed the girls. And the sister isn't part of the official investigation.

by Anonymousreply 415May 23, 2021 2:41 AM

Therein lies the problem, r415...they must not have any DNA evidence. At this point i think they should release more footage from the vid/recording as I think it would help given they obviously have zilch in terms of evidence. They are shooting themselves in the foot if they have no definitive DNA evidence because this case will go nowhere unless they exhaust the evidence they DO have.

by Anonymousreply 416May 23, 2021 2:49 AM

There's a school of thought that local LE have a good idea of the perp's ID, but the person has a strong (though faux) alibi.

by Anonymousreply 417June 2, 2021 4:25 PM

R414, you don’t think that the police are keeping the family informed? Highly unlikely they’re not in the loop. It’s clearly not this guy.

by Anonymousreply 418June 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Wasn't the sister was the last person to see them and drove them there? The cops are probably not going to feed her all their information just in case.

by Anonymousreply 419June 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Nothing more on this? yes, i'm bumping.

by Anonymousreply 420June 27, 2021 8:56 PM

Sadly, this will die as a cold case. It's hard to believe the DNA found under Libbys nails has yielded nothing. The cops need to release more of the recording, unedited. We know how the girls died. Just let us hear it.

by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2021 3:54 AM

R421 How did they die?

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2021 4:23 AM

Nvm

by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2021 4:25 AM

I posted at R413. I never thought this guy did it because the body just didn’t match. Once the family said they don’t think it was this guy it solidified it. The poster who kept saying they wouldn’t be tipped off by police is ridiculous and has been proven wrong. Of course they are updated. It’s been months, this guy clearly isn’t the killer. Wish he was because those girls need justice and the thought of that demon still out there is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2021 4:29 AM

So no updates on this?

by Anonymousreply 425July 1, 2021 4:37 AM

R425, LE just announced a " blackout" on any person of interest in this case. Some believe it's related to chadwell requesting a different venue due to Delphi publicity, but the cops are no longer going to discuss any suspect publicly.

To say I have follow this case is an understatement. It would take a full thread to note some things that have been released by law enforcement. I also tend to believe stuff released from family members, although I understand people may feel differently.

While I understand the video makes it look like an older man, as others have indicated the bridge has very large gaps. I don't know how to post pictures but if you look at the video when he turns his head to the left you can see a younger guy. Also as his thinner legs demonstrate, he's not as big as you might think. He's wearing several layers of clothes including a hoodie and has stuff tucked under his jacket.

There are lots of close-ups of his jacket and I see an outline of a gun in his right pocket area. He also has items strapped to his shins that are sort of boxy.

I'll try to find an interview with Abby's mom that's pretty good. She saw the video and confirms a bit. Also, it was her brother who was in the search party and who leaked the crime scene in the texts exchange. What I found interesting, is when she is asked about it she simply states that he was trying to help, which to me does not sound like a denial.

This case is just so frustrating. And while I understand there is need for some hold back, it's inexplicable they waited so long to release the video and audio. They are also asking years later about whether anyone saw a car in a nearby parking lot. Who would remember that years later to the day?

by Anonymousreply 426August 3, 2021 2:37 AM

I bet it’s about venue for Chadwell.

I can’t wait to see this asshole caught and I hope he gets the “short eyes” treatment in jail.

by Anonymousreply 427August 3, 2021 2:44 AM

Ok, maybe this screenshot shows why I see a younger guy loaded with stuff. Right jacket pocket. Left thigh. Shins. . (this is only my opinion and many disagree)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428August 3, 2021 2:49 AM

Here's the interview with Abby's mom that mentions her brothers texts. Her only child. tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429August 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Another pic that looks younger to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 3, 2021 2:54 AM

Thank you for the updates. I care about this case and am so angry that someone has gotten away with it for this long.

by Anonymousreply 431August 3, 2021 3:49 AM

R428 That does NOT look like a young guy. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 432August 3, 2021 1:21 PM

To me it’s his hunched back posture that ages him.

by Anonymousreply 433August 3, 2021 1:31 PM

I am not a good judge of age, he looks to be anywhere from late twenties to late thirties, early forties from that photo. People age so differently. Time outside, smoking, drinking have an effect. Even sudden weight loss or gain can greatly alter ones face, giving an appearance of older or younger than their age. He has stuffed his clothing, pockets. I see the outline of a gun. It could be a stun gun? Knife kit, imo. The amount of weapons he is carrying give him the appearance of weighing more than he does, and to me it makes he seem older than his real age, jmo. Weight ages you. These are things that I can see but we all get our own impressions. This is one of the most frustrating unsolved crimes to me. I want that monster to pay for this. And another year slips by.....

by Anonymousreply 434August 3, 2021 1:33 PM

His clothes make him appear to be in his 40s. The Levi styled cut of his jeans and the Members Only aesthetic of the jacket suggest someone stuck in the styles of their youth.

by Anonymousreply 435August 3, 2021 2:48 PM

The True Crime Garage podcast just dropped a 3 part episode all focused on one person of Interest

Don't buy it. It involves the girls talking with him and even meeting him intentionally.

If true, they'd be calling out to him on the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 436August 4, 2021 1:27 AM

R435, it could also speak to the outfits for that area. Isn't part of the id problem a lot of guys look like h?

by Anonymousreply 437August 4, 2021 1:28 AM

He looks like every average white guy between 25-50 who lives in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 438August 6, 2021 4:16 AM

40s? well, Chadwell is 42 and has been in and out of jail. The guy in the video is hunched over and walking somewhat oddly because you have to look down at the wooden slats to walk carefully on that bridge.

Chadwell is such a great suspect, I bet it's him. He spent a lot of time outdoors, even camping under a bridge, and he's clearly a psychopath even if it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 439August 6, 2021 5:21 AM

Police are looking for the person who created the social media account anthony_shots

State police investigating the murder of two girls in Delphi nearly five years ago are asking for help identifying the person behind a social media account.

Abigail Williams and Liberty German went missing while walking on a trail near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017. Their bodies were found nearby a day later.

Detectives who have been working the investigation for Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff's Office reached out to the public Monday looking for the public's help gathering information about the user of a social media profile.

Detectives said the account with the user name "anthony_shots" was used on Snapchat and Instagram, among other social media platforms, in 2016 and 2017. State police say the person behind the account used photos of a male model and "portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars."

Investigators say the person used the profile to communicate with underage girls to solicit nude images, get their addresses and try to meet with them.

More at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 7, 2021 5:33 AM

I wish I wouldn't have watched the video she recorded before bed. That guy is like an every man, he could be anybody which is even scarier.

by Anonymousreply 441December 7, 2021 5:56 AM

I don't work in I.T. and I'm leaving the joking behind. Could LE find the ISP of the profile's creator? Or would a VPN work to hide it? Esp. as he communicated with others. Their hard drives would have records of communication and shouldn't that give LE some lead as to the ISP?

by Anonymousreply 442December 7, 2021 7:22 AM

I can't imagine the 13-15 year olds he would have been "catfishing" would have any memory or even the devices they owned from back then. It's been nearly five years.

This development, if you can call it that, seems desperate.

by Anonymousreply 443December 7, 2021 5:36 PM

A person named Kegan Anthony Kline has been arrested in connection with the Monday night plea from Indiana State Police. No mention of him being a suspect in the case of Abby and Libby.

by Anonymousreply 444December 7, 2021 5:45 PM

He looks a lot like the suspect drawing.

by Anonymousreply 445December 8, 2021 8:05 PM

It seems they caught the guy. This weirdo factory reset his phone the day of the murders. I dunno. Hopefully, it's him to give the family closure and he don't kill other girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446December 8, 2021 11:11 PM

I've never believed the catfish theory. I truly thought this was a crime of opportunity.

Because I'm obsessed with this case, on the forums I read several people have had interactions with this profile and are turning info into the police

by Anonymousreply 447December 9, 2021 12:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 9, 2021 3:05 PM

Background on the catfished model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 9, 2021 7:15 PM

Fry that incel blob of goo

by Anonymousreply 450December 9, 2021 7:59 PM

Of course, they're not going to tell us everything they have uncovered in this investigation.

There is no statute of limitations on murder. They need to take their time and make sure they get it right and have the evidence they need to convict.

This idea that they were lured there or they revealed on SM where they would be is very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 451December 9, 2021 8:44 PM

Here’s the pedo’s mug shot next to the mystery photo the girls took the day they were murdered. Could be the same guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452December 9, 2021 8:48 PM

I was sure it was Chadwell, so I don’t want to get my hopes up again.

by Anonymousreply 453December 9, 2021 11:19 PM

There's been a lot of criticism of the police fumbling and taking forever. If you consider the chief suspect is in prison, I can see them wanting to build their case.

They have created a new team to look at this case off-site. It wasn't too long ago and I wonder if that corresponds with the timing of this revelation

by Anonymousreply 454December 10, 2021 1:33 AM

This will not be the guy- he is too fat- the guy in the video is far thinner than his baggy clothes make him look (And clearly has weaponry in his shirt)

by Anonymousreply 455December 10, 2021 2:50 AM

I agree R145, but apparently there are pics of him from 2017 where he's thinner (haven't seen them yet)

by Anonymousreply 456December 10, 2021 3:03 AM

R456- I used to be intelligent.

I had not even thought about the fact the guy could have gained weight! Jesus.

Good point.

My god I hope they find this guy..

by Anonymousreply 457December 10, 2021 3:11 AM

Horrifying. The guys whose photos were stolen is fug. Also I would never have pegged that guy for an cop. Is that what they call methed up bottom bitches in Alaska?

by Anonymousreply 458December 10, 2021 3:22 AM

It's not him. The cops have nothing to go on and they're desperate for a suspect. Any neckbeard will do.

by Anonymousreply 459December 10, 2021 4:36 AM

Both families maintain that Abby and Libby weren't catfished. Now it looks like they were and by this fat pedo. Maybe the families meant that the girls going to the bridge that day was not due to being specifically catfished on that day. Abby's mother said that Abby would have put on makeup and done her hair if she were planning to meet a boy at the bridge that day.

One thing that has always stayed with me (either by reading Libby's grandmother's account of it or hearing Libby say it on a social media video) is that Libby was upset that her phone had to be reset to the factory settings and she lost photos stored in her phone. Libby added, "But not THOSE photos! They were on another phone."

So it's possible that Libby had sent photos of herself to this guy.

But, it still doesn't feel like he's the killer. The way investigators are still asking people if they know who set up the catfishing account even though the fat pedo already admitted he did it. Maybe there is a ring of guys involved.

Why would the Delphi sheriff say that people will be shocked when they find out the identity of the killer. This fat guy wouldn't surprise anyone.

by Anonymousreply 460December 11, 2021 7:16 AM

typo: the killer?

by Anonymousreply 461December 11, 2021 7:22 AM

R446, the phone was factory reset 9 days after the murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 11, 2021 7:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 11, 2021 7:36 AM

R245 could be right. And what if the BG was wearing some kind of disguise?

by Anonymousreply 464December 11, 2021 8:09 AM

This whole case has been weirdly handled by police for years. I still don’t understand what’s going on here.

by Anonymousreply 465December 11, 2021 8:21 AM

R462 That was the fat pedo's reset of his phone.

Before the murders, Libby had her aunt do a factory reset of her phone (Libby's phone) because it was acting up.

by Anonymousreply 466December 11, 2021 9:09 AM

The fat pedo does look like the old Bridge Man police sketch but then almost every guy in the state of Indiana looks like the Old Bridge Guy sketch.

The fat pedo is wearing an Auto Workers Union t-shirt. A poster on Reddit works at an Indiana auto plant and tipped a guy who worked at the plant. He collected a lot of weird knives, I think.

James Brian Chadwell has a tie to Peru, IN where fat pedo lives.

Chadwell worked at a Saburu factory but I think it was in Lafayette, IN.

by Anonymousreply 467December 11, 2021 9:17 AM

typo: Subaru

by Anonymousreply 468December 11, 2021 9:17 AM

r466, r446 said "this weirdo" reset his phone the day of the murders.

He didn't, the factory reset he did on his Samsung Galaxy was 9 days later, as the article says.

I wasn't talking about Libby's phone's reset and I don't know anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 469December 11, 2021 9:19 AM

Some people are suspecting his creepy dad and the pressure on him is to turn his dad in. Here's some pics of the dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 11, 2021 4:14 PM

But honestly all these white guys look alike

by Anonymousreply 471December 11, 2021 4:15 PM

Libby's phone was reset about a week before the murders, the guy's phone was reset to delete data after the murders. It is speculated he told the police "I"m fucked" because he recognized 1 or 2 of the girls after their murders as having been girls he catfished.

People think Libby reset her phone to delete her nude photos she sent him (AKA the fake model account). They knew in advance they would have that snow makeup day off so they could have told the "model" they would be there 2 weeks prior to their murders. The fat Keegan Kline could have also informed other local pedos that they told KK that they would be there and KK is not the murderer, but he communicated with the murderer on the dark web / nontraceable apps. His father was also arrested for child molestation or something similar years prior.

by Anonymousreply 472December 11, 2021 4:25 PM

[R460], I don't understand this either: "Why would the Delphi sheriff say that people will be shocked when they find out the identity of the killer." What is the Delphi sheriff referring to? Does LE already know who it is? And if so, why are they withholding the name?

by Anonymousreply 473December 11, 2021 4:30 PM

I would like to know why the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was called in to help with this. Anybody here know anything about that?

by Anonymousreply 474December 11, 2021 4:53 PM

I truly don't believe Libby was meeting him (or the "model") bc it sounded like she had to get her grandma's permission, her sister to drive, and her dad to pick them up. Acc to the family that all happened last minute.

I know I could be proven wrong but thats my issue with the catfish theory. For whatever reason I feel the killer is associated but not the family

by Anonymousreply 475December 11, 2021 6:01 PM

R474 They recently (1 mo ago?) Convened a new task force that had its own bldg and then this.

by Anonymousreply 476December 11, 2021 6:04 PM

Maybe they didn't have a plan or "date" to MEET a catfisher, but maybe they had online chit-chat with a catfisher along the lines of, fun stuff they were going to do. Like, we're doing this cool thing tomorrow afternoon. Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 477December 11, 2021 9:03 PM

R473 The Sheriff said that there are 3-4 people that they believe could be the killer(s) and that it changes.

Most people think that LE knows who killed them but didn't have enough evidence.

I think LE has bungled it from the start.

LE doesn't want to call anyone a suspect only a POI (Person of Interest). If they arrest someone, the clock starts ticking for a speedy trial for the killer(s).

I have always thought that the girls were catfished. But I waiver between about 6 different POIs.

I don't think that the fat guy and his dad are the actual killer(s). I think it's someone they know and with whom they shared their porn files.

I think that the escort who blew the whistle on the Lafayette's Men Club that shared girls and subjected them to horrible abuse + the Judge who had to resign could be part of the Delphi Murders. The disgraced Judge is now representing one of the Delphi meth heads whose gang could have killed the Delphi girls. It ties into Libby's dad informing on the Delphi meth heads in order to get a reduced sentence for stealing a big farm tank that was full of a chemical you need to make meth.

imo

"True Crime Jesus" on Youtube has convincing videos about different POIs.

by Anonymousreply 478December 13, 2021 6:17 AM

R4777 Anyone who was a Snapchat friend could have seen Libby's feed that showed her photo of Abby on the bridge or other photos that Libby took at the trails. . If the killer(s) were local, it would only take about 3 minutes to get to the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 479December 13, 2021 6:19 AM

There is a rumor told by locals that one of the girls was pregnant. Girls or women who are pregnant with a baby that their boyfriend/husband/hookup doesn't want are targets for homicide.

by Anonymousreply 480December 13, 2021 6:22 AM

R480 DNA would easily tell who the father of that baby was. I don't buy that one.

by Anonymousreply 481December 13, 2021 6:24 AM

R474 It's because the Georgia Bureau has experience with child killers and lots of resources at their disposal. I think that they cracked the Atlanta Child Murders case.

by Anonymousreply 482December 13, 2021 6:26 AM

R481 But if investigators only could tie the father-to-be to the fetus of one of the girls but not place him at the murders, they wouldn't arrest him until they had evidence that links him to the crime.

by Anonymousreply 483December 13, 2021 6:28 AM

R476 There is a 29 yr old prosecutor (or maybe it was the investigator) that brought forth the fat pedo porn guy's case. I think he is the one who told the Delphi investigators to take a second look at KAK in connection to the Delphi Murders.

by Anonymousreply 484December 13, 2021 6:30 AM

I read the 2 Reddit forums about the Delphi Murders. I only started reading about the murders a few years after the murders. ON Reddit, they were saying that KAK (fat pedo guy) or someone who was using the catfish FB acct, used to post on the FB private forum where Libby's sister Kelsi posts (It's called: DELPHI MURDERS!!| Case Discussion & FACT CHECKS!)

A FB member of the group made the connection about a year ago and sent screen grabs to the Delphi Murders investigators. The FB mods made screen grabs because they thought the guy was shady and they are sending those to investigators.

Another poster on Reddit

by Anonymousreply 485December 13, 2021 6:36 AM

I think that a new investigator was put on the case of the Delphi Murders in April 2020.

by Anonymousreply 486December 13, 2021 6:45 AM

Whoever it is in this thread who keep repeating that you can "see" multiple weapons concealed beneath Bridge Guy's clothing is nuts. You can't see any such thing in a pic so low-res and Occam's Razor says it's just oversized/bulky clothing.

by Anonymousreply 487December 13, 2021 10:42 PM

R487- This guy had a gun and a knife(s)

Just based on what I think is true-

Someday they will hopefully catch this piece of scum and we will learn the details.

by Anonymousreply 488December 14, 2021 12:25 AM

I don't understand how people see a gun and a knife in that sweet little puppy he used to lure the girls down the hill.

by Anonymousreply 489December 14, 2021 10:36 PM

Where did this new lead go?? What's the update?

by Anonymousreply 490December 22, 2021 5:06 PM

I thought they got the guy - he is in jail currently but was free when those poor kids were done in.

by Anonymousreply 491December 22, 2021 5:17 PM

I believe the current theory is that it's actually Kline's father that is the prime suspect for the murders. His son, currently in custody, seems to be the alibi.

by Anonymousreply 492December 22, 2021 7:03 PM

Another theory is first sketch (old guy) was taken from witnesses and the video.

Younger guy was based on a pic from Libby's phone

by Anonymousreply 493December 23, 2021 11:02 PM

And that explains when the cops said "we've changed directions and you didn't think we would"

They should have released a lot more information. Stuff they are releasing now is ridiculously old (did you see a car parked in a lot that no longer exists 2 years ago?)

by Anonymousreply 494December 23, 2021 11:06 PM

I still keep thinking that it probably was Chadwell. But if they don't have DNA then they'll never be able to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 495December 23, 2021 11:07 PM

What saddens me is that when (if) LE does arrest somebody, they'll crow to the skies in a self-congratulatory haze. This reminds me of driving on the West Side Highway in Manhattan in August 1977. On one of the reservoir tanks was a big (I mean huge) sign that said something like "Congratulations New York Police for Catching Son of Sam!" when it had taken them for-fucking-ever to do jack shit about it and then they bungled and fucked up the search.

by Anonymousreply 496December 23, 2021 11:56 PM

A good case can take time to develop. What good is it if you haven't done your investigation so that you can get a conviction.

Patience.

by Anonymousreply 497December 23, 2021 11:58 PM

[quote] This guy had a gun and a knife(s)

[quote]Just based on what I think is true-

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 498December 24, 2021 12:34 AM

Ok -- latest courtesy of Reddit:

Recent court documents filed refer to providing defense counsel for Keegan Kline an interview between his client and Barbara MCDonald, who is producer/narrator of the Down the Hill podcast series on Delphi, as well as a recorded interview between him and police. People have tweeted at her about it and she's only liking comments.

I don't get it. He looks nothing like the guy. However, if there's a whole ring behind this anthony_shots profile, maybe that's what they're trying to get him to expose. And frankly, maybe he doesn't know since many anonymous pedophiles use it.

My guess is there are inconsistencies between the 2 interviews and they're putting the heat on him to cough somebody up.

Police should have been releasing more info in this case. And if more children were abused, all the more appalling

by Anonymousreply 499December 26, 2021 4:14 PM

Also from reddit: YouTuber with screenshots of suspicious activity between Keegan and his dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 26, 2021 4:35 PM

R500 That's definitely weird. Though, playing devil's advocate, there could have been other reasons he wanted to pretend he lived in Las Vegas, given he had been arrested for other crimes. I'm sure the Police know more.

by Anonymousreply 501December 26, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] Recent court documents filed refer to providing defense counsel for Keegan Kline an interview between his client and . . . [anyone actually]

No one - especially not someone who the government believes may be in any way involved - should be questioned without legal representation. You cannot know if your truthful answers can link you to a crime without an attorney doing their job for you - they will find out exactly what the government wants to ask, give the attorney copies of any prior interviews or statements you made, perhaps provide videos of you, discuss with the attorney exactly what they are looking for or expect you to know or say and with that information the attorney will discuss your answers with you beforehand. If the government won't give the attorney the information they need to properly advise you then you refuse to be questioned. Period. If you are subpoened before a Grand Jury then you assert your Fifth to every single question.

by Anonymousreply 502December 26, 2021 8:03 PM

You have to wonder if amateur cyber sleuths are more of a hindrance than a help. People latch onto any clue (even ones that fall apart if you give it a second thought) and hound the police with them, even ones that have been already addressed (HE HAS TO BE OLD! HE WALKED SLOW ON THE BRIDGE!)

by Anonymousreply 503December 26, 2021 8:32 PM

R503 Definitely. It's like those paedophile hunters who try and entrap pervs who the cops may already be monitoring. But then they lawyer up and more harm is often done.

by Anonymousreply 504December 26, 2021 9:20 PM

Assuming everything in that video at R500 is accurate it's pretty convincing. Kegan could definitely be covering up other crimes (he's been arrested for child porn and other related charges so that wouldn't be crazy) but the dates of the backdated FB posts, the wiping of his phone etc. don't in any way contradict the date of the murders. That said, it's not proof of anything.

What really strikes me, though, is the photos from the Facebook account. I think that guy (who has obviously gained a lot of weight since some of them were taken) could very easily be the killer. The original sketch could be a young but unfit/chubby man and to me there is a definite resemblance. The man on the bridge could have one of those builds that some fat men do - the fat is all above the waist, they have weird barrel chests and big bellies and chubby faces but skinny arms and legs. I think bridge guy could be of that build - and I've never bought that he was old.

Very interesting. I haven't followed this case extremely closely but now I do wonder if the police know it's this guy. Did anything they said at either of the latest press conferences seem to fit with that theory?

If it does turn out to be this person the cops fucked up (and they fucked up anyway) not finding his phone in the initial search and giving him time to wipe it.

by Anonymousreply 505December 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Okay doing my random check in. HLN had a 5-year anniversary show on Saturday night. There was an excerpt of an interview with the Anthony shots guy. It was only about a minute long and he just said he didn't do it. (Unfortunately the interviewer did not ask him to say "guys down the hill")

FWIW He did have the most interesting thing to say, whether or not it is true is another thing. He admitted being behind the Anthony shots profile. He said he never had any intention of meeting girls (OK) he was just lonely. However he said the cops told him that Anthony shots was the last person Libby communicated with. I take it with a grain of salt. The only other reveals were that the video is 40 - some seconds long and it ends with the guys down the hill. Also they provided the time stamps of the video, which correlates with the time that Libby uploaded the pictures. (2:15ish)

I don't know why for 5 years the cops couldn't reveal the time this all occurred. This is as messed up as the JonBenet Ramsey murder. I used to think that they were going to get a conviction, but even if they found someone they have done such a lousy job of delaying facts that fueled social media sleuths and will be great material for any defense attorney to use.

by Anonymousreply 506February 16, 2022 3:39 AM

This is interesting. Especially the car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507February 16, 2022 5:22 AM

robert lindsay is a known fraud. only psychoes believe what he "makes up"

by Anonymousreply 508March 3, 2022 3:00 AM

This case has really resonated with sleuth-wannabe fraus. How many podcasts and investigative TV miniseries has it generated with, basically, no new information or new investigative leads? The one podcast I forced myself to sit through was 7-8 hours of endlessly rehashed info and interviews with family members that went absolutely nowhere beyond what everybody has known since early stages of the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 509March 3, 2022 3:08 AM

I grew up in the Midwest and Indiana is an awful, backward place. I am not surprised that this crime was committed there, and I would not be surprised if Indiana law enforcement officers know exactly who did it and are simply too complicit or too incompetent to bring the killer or killers to justice.

by Anonymousreply 510March 3, 2022 3:35 AM

Anyone following this case (and this thread) should check out the podcast: Murder Sheet. Essentially some interrogation transcripts that were supposed to be sealed were posted publicly and then quickly withdrawn not before someone got them.

The guy behind Anthony schotz profile was in communication with Libby all weekend long. The IP address is connected to a home with a a dad and son with a disturbing relationship filled with child abuse, stalking, etc. (The son is currently in prison for watching and downloading children being sexually abused -- sorry I can't use the word "porn" with regard to children)

It appears LE is going with the son covering for the dad. And dad being bridge guy.

If interested, check out the podcast murder sheet which actually has a reading of the 130 page transcript. They also have had subsequent interviews with people who know this father and son team. Apparently LE was on them early on since he was having all these interactions with Libby.

by Anonymousreply 511March 28, 2022 1:33 AM

Did the transcripts get leaked on purpose in the hopes someone would rat out the dad?

Who could harm anyone let alone a child? Fry ‘em

by Anonymousreply 512March 28, 2022 1:47 AM

I said this on another thread: was it pure incompetence by detectives or were they going after something bigger. There is no reason, it should haven taken 5 years to solve this.

by Anonymousreply 513March 28, 2022 2:17 AM

Apparently they have stumbled upon a major pedo ring during the Delphi investigation and that has lead them to this father son team and several social media profiles.

LE has really messed up -- particularly waiting too long to release info. Theres a tin working on the case as well as FBI. but youd think it was the Boulder police.

by Anonymousreply 514March 31, 2022 12:25 AM

Among my souveniers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515May 19, 2022 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!