Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET to Gary Sinclair?

Find out at Alan Locher's next Another World reunion.

The Locher Room, Thursday, January 21 at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 6, 2021 11:56 PM

Well, that's some fine specimens there.

Tim Gibbs was the most handsome Gary, for sure. But the last Gary, John Littlefield, went on to appear in various HGTV-style rehab shows. He's actually in the one imported from the UK (where the British couple buy a French chateau and renovate it).

Kevin McClatchy was so underrated. I wish he'd become a character on GL when he was on, with a new working class family around him (or maybe he could have been an existing Cooper or Reardon). He was the most exciting young actor for eons on there - at least until Pelphrey came along.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 2:46 PM

My ideal AW reunions:

One full hour of Lady Eyes A Buggin

A session with Beverly Penberthy, Nic Coster and Susan Sullivan

And one with Anna Stuart and Nancy Frangione

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 3:43 PM

can any Another World fan tell me why Gary Sinclair always wore dog-tags and what the significant that was to his character?

The character was never in the military or the army.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 3:52 PM

I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but John Reilly died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 5:09 PM

I’ve kept tabs on Kevin McClatchy because I’ve always liked him since I first saw him in the original Boys Life short A FRIEND OF DOROTHY (1994). He played a jock who the gay main character was rooming with in college who also turned out to be gay. He’s an Associate Professor in the Theatre, Film and Media Arts department at Ohio State University. And he’s still fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 10:26 PM

R5 I loved that short.

I didn't know if it was so much his character "turned out to be gay" as that he was open and felt a connection with his roommate....but not trying to start shit, just my memory of something I saw truly forever ago.

Sadly, it's not anywhere online and not on YouTube due to copyright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2021 12:05 AM

R6, that sounds more accurate than what I said. Great little film. It’s too bad Raoul O’Connell, the star and director, never really seemed to do much more according to IMDB.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 12:28 AM

Gary's nice and all, but what about that Greek god Frank Cooper?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2021 3:41 PM

Doubtful they'd be on an Another World reunion, r8. And I've seen Frank on one of Alan's earlier reunions.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2021 3:44 PM

I still remember FD's 80s hair when he was first introduced. LOL

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Here’s a pic and interview with Frank Dicopolous from 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2021 5:40 PM

Frank is a very nice guy. He wasn't the most dynamic thespian in the history of ever, but he was, as Vivian Vance might say, sufficient. And he worked beautiful with Melina.

I'm with him - I really thought GL would come back in some form. I get that a 5 day a week hour show isn't remotely possible with budget, but to be honest, I never understood why Hallmark or Lifetime didn't do, like, 5 or 6 movies a year with those characters. Something, anything.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2021 7:31 PM

I want Lady Eyes A Buggin to discuss with Alan what it’s like being in-laws with Mark Rylance, her time on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof and how did Bev get her to stop trying to upstage her (it was obvious that Bev’s son was talking about her).

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2021 10:53 PM

Thank god for this thread. That Monticello one was NOT a proper P&G thread, just one about the dreary Edge of Night which some obviously enjoyed but which many of us considered relentlessly third rate.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2021 10:59 PM

The guy in the lower middle... please tell me that is not Mark Mortimer. Age and time could not be that cruel.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2021 10:59 PM

R14 It was meant to be a P&G thread but I guess the pent demand meant people were staying more on OP topic.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2021 11:11 PM

R15 I thought they all looked pretty great, but I don't remember MM well.

McClatchy....if that's a recent picture that dude looks just like he did 25 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2021 11:13 PM

The linked website has old pics of Mark Mortimer. Gorgeous guy. Searching online I found out he owns a business called Inside Out Construction Services.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2021 11:17 PM

R11 Wait, are you talking about the bit - the story that's been told - where Iris has to win a few battles to keep the audience interested?

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2021 1:48 PM

No Kevin McClatchy after all, he and Les Brandt had to back out of the Locher Room. Instead we get Joe Carlino and some woman I've never ever heard of.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2021 5:05 PM

I'd like to see a reunion with Justin Chambers, Kevin, and Mark -- all three actors to play Nick.

As soon as Jill left, I recall, Kevin's was off the show so fast, I'm sure his head spun!

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]As soon as Jill left, I recall, Kevin's was off the show so fast, I'm sure his head spun!

Why would that have been? Did he follow her to her next soap? Was he such an asshole, the next EP *had* to get rid of him? I thought he was terrific. If any actor did not have to be replaced, it was Kevin McClatchy.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2021 5:43 PM

R22 I think it was just that she burned a few bridges at AW and it was a matter of them being petty and firing all the FOJ's that they could.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2021 5:44 PM

R23 Did Tim Gibbs get fired at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2021 5:47 PM

I mean, petty, yeah; I think that Kale Browne suffered the same fate at OLTL

But did Justin Chambers have to be replaced in the first place?

Someone I know said the problem is Jill can't work with anyone she hasn't already worked with before. Kevin Schmidt on Y&R left, was recast with a bland actor, came back -- and then fired again so that Robert Adamson could take over the role, an FOJ's from Hollywood Heights; he looks older than Adam and looks more like Nick's younger brother than his son or even Sharon's love interest.

In fairness, the name of other person in showbiz who hires their pals is EVERYONE

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2021 6:30 PM

and Adamsom's a good actor; he shined in the whole 'my g.f. is in love with my half sister' story but for years they gave him NOTHING to do.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2021 6:33 PM

Adamson is a bit porky for stud Nick Newman's son, tho

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Instead we get Joe Carlino and some woman I've never ever heard of.

I don't recognize the actress' name (Allison McDonnell Page) nor her character (Emily Maddox). The Another World Home Page lists her as a day player. Why bother?

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2021 6:42 PM

Except for Rachel and her kids, AW bore ZERO resemblance to the show in its heyday.

GL still had the Bauers, the Spauldings....

ATWT had the Hugheses, a few Stewarts...

When these shows throw away their history, they throw away viewers.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2021 6:55 PM

R29 AW changed writers, cast and direction so often from around 1992 or so on that it just became impossible to care or root for anyone.

And while it may have kept AW on the air for a few more years, and I know Charles was a fine actor, I still think Carl and Rachel together was really the end of any credibility Rachel had.

GL did a similar sort of letting-the-snake-in-among-our-midst story with Roger, and with that, they had a bad case of amnesia with Roger's other rapes. But Roger hadn't been a villain on the scale that Carl had. I mean, Kathleen was in the fucking Witness Protection Program because of Carl.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2021 8:41 PM

R30, I know I’ve mentioned this before but I’ll never forget Victoria Wyndham saying on The David Susskind Show that soaps were “morality tales,” meaning villainssm/villainesses eventually got their comeuppance commensurate with their deeds. So Carl being with Rachel at the end was absolutely grotesque and shame on Wyndham for allowing that.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote]And while it may have kept AW on the air for a few more years, and I know Charles was a fine actor, I still think Carl and Rachel together was really the end of any credibility Rachel had.

I could kiss you, if it weren't Covid times. It made zero sense. I was charmed by the romance and that hairdresser lady that was an Ada stand in, but it was a slap in the face to the history of character. VW would defend it by saying that Rachel saved Carl like Mac had saved Rachel. No. Rachel was sending fragile, weepy blondes baby clothes after miscarriages. Carl Hutchens tried to kill her, her husband and children multiple times. It was not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2021 11:51 PM

He moved to Llanview

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2021 11:58 PM

I remember when Les Brandt was announced in the press (2005) that he was interested in working at a brothel as a common whore. He is mentioned towards the end of the article. I guess he ultimately didn’t go through with it.

There was a better link, but Datalounge won’t let me add it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2021 12:08 AM

They had to stock extra toilet paper for Vicky W. at the Brooklyn Studio. Jensen B. always had the liquor shits too.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2021 1:10 AM

R32 How lovely. But please, no tongue.

Yes, the amnesia about Carl's prior misdeeds was just galling. Clearly someone at P&G thought they had another Roger Thorpe/John Dixon kind of rehabilitation on hand. But Carl's misdeeds made him more of a James Stenbeck/Stefano Dimera.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2021 1:44 AM

I think VW was bored out of her mind and she really liked working with Keating so she didn’t object.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2021 1:46 AM

These reunions would be fun if the interviewer ever asked a single good question. "What are you doing nowadays?" and "What's your best memory?" are such a waste of time. This show's been off the air for 20 years and fans have questions about specific scenes and plots and backstage gossip. Hearing them all say how "great" the show once was for an hour is pointless.

He should do his research.

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2021 2:28 AM

When is Vicky Wyndhams solo interview?

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2021 2:29 AM

Never. She keeps to herself.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2021 2:35 AM

Shemar stole his Emmy. I was on th judging panel when he was nominated for OLtL and is first tape was so incredible we all looked around like fuck. Its back when you voted differently.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2021 2:40 AM

The Bells learned to bloc vote around 1995. And between that and P&G bloc voting there were such a tiny amount of people that had a chance. You had to have a Marty's Rape level of story to make the cut. I lost interest when Y&R has like three Younger Actress nominees for basically day players and Gina Tognoni carrying a tear's worth of story couldn't get a nomination

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Vicky W had the diarrhea. Not of the mouth but of the shit kind. She shit herself often.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2021 3:30 AM

Really...? Where did you hear that?

Or that she had a drinking problem? News to me.

Both she and Matthew Crane are sculptors apparently.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2021 6:06 AM

Gibbs was a great Kevin. I loved how he played against Roger Howarth. They never explored that dynamic enough. Todd nearly ruined Kevin's life and painted him as a rapist. Gibbs was wonderful playing off Howarth, both good actors, but the story never went there.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2021 6:11 AM

I wanted Tim Gibbs and Kevin McClatchy inside me quite deeply. JFP knew how to pick em.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2021 9:40 AM

Timothy Gibbs was and is so hot. He's got that classic Jon Hamm look about him.

Some Santa Barbara female fans reacted in that weird way when his character raped Julia, like "OMG rape ME!" I never understood that response to, like, Tony Geary (I mean, really?) or even Howarth, but Tim Gibbs was just so beautiful, I could at least understand a few twisted minds going there. (And yes, rape is not about sex or love but about power, abuse, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2021 1:47 PM

Miss Locher is really repeating herself.

The Pendulous One and Kettlebell Beth on next week.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] Timothy Gibbs was and is so hot.

There was on Scene on Santa Barbara where he had confrontation scene with Louise Sorel - and JFP had him shirtless for the entire episode

Even when Gibbs was on Another World, 3/4 of his scenes were shirtless

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2021 7:07 PM

He made Jilly's snatch tingle!

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2021 7:16 PM

R44 That's a mentally ill poster that's obsessed with feces. Ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2021 7:17 PM

Tim Gibbs is still so hot! Whoa. He’s in Miss Locher’s Room right now. Miss Locher wants to suck him off.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2021 7:20 PM

*flush*

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2021 7:39 PM

Yeah, Mark Mortimer definitely DILFed out.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2021 7:40 PM

Diego Serrano makes me moist - down there!

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2021 8:40 PM

Here’s the promised video this whole thread was about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2021 10:44 PM

I wish Judi had been on with Barbara Joe.

by Anonymousreply 57January 23, 2021 6:40 PM

Judi’s a bitch to most people. Except Vincent I, who has fucked every female costar.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2021 7:11 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2021 2:25 PM

r56 I made it through 45 minutes or an hour. The surface noise was finally more than I could bear.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2021 2:29 PM

John Wesley Shipp's birthday was yesterday. Still a beautiful human being, inside and out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2021 5:11 PM

JWS sucked Marland’s toes to get and keep his job.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2021 5:33 PM

R62 Really? That's the first time I've ever heard that on DL.

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]Some Santa Barbara female fans reacted in that weird way when his character raped Julia, like "OMG rape ME!" I never understood that response to, like, Tony Geary (I mean, really?) or even Howarth, but Tim Gibbs was just so beautiful, I could at least understand a few twisted minds going there. (And yes, rape is not about sex or love but about power, abuse, etc.)

LMAO. Thank you for saying what I've been thinking for years :)

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2021 5:37 PM

R63 No, not really. That's the severely mentally ill, sad troll who constantly posts here about the toilet clogging capacities of various actresses. He seems to be obsessed about several things, including feces.

There WAS a rumor from more legitimate sources that Marland had a foot fetish, but the sad, demented, low IQ troll doesn't understand that such a fetish would mean Marland would have wanted to worship the feet of various hot actors he hired, not vice versa. (And supposedly, it was Jon Hensley, not JWS.)

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2021 6:09 PM

And James Wlcek and Michael David Morrison and Steve Bassett and....

by Anonymousreply 66January 24, 2021 8:31 PM

Marland had a pic of Gloria Monty embedded in his toilet. He shit on her. Marland had fetishes. JWS can attest.

by Anonymousreply 67January 24, 2021 9:15 PM

Well, even if the foot fetish story is NOT true, clearly either Marland or Bob Calhoun or both had a type. They kept showing up, especially in the first few years of Marland's run.

Richard Burgi, too....that man was sex on two legs.

by Anonymousreply 68January 24, 2021 11:20 PM

Marland was the homoest homo that ever homo-ed! Add gay Calhoun to the mix and ATWtT turned into a gay man’s soap, much to LaHubbard’s chagrin.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2021 12:09 AM

Liz Hubbard hated me because of my beauty regimen of piss all over my face. She was jealous of my special glow.

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2021 1:26 AM

Liz was extremely difficult to work with. She’s a cunt to this day. Strange woman. No wonder she hasn’t had a man in decades. She was very out there.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2021 1:55 AM

I always hated working with old Lucy!

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2021 2:53 AM

I just discovered Dark Shadows. One of my favorite actress on the show is Lara Parker who played Angelique. I think that she would have made a great replacement for the part of Iris much more so than Carmen Duncan who was good but has such a different energy than Beverly. Parker was about the same age as McKinsey and certainly could play the bitch or should I say the witch ? And she certainly proved that she could play the obsessed woman

by Anonymousreply 73January 25, 2021 4:09 AM

Can we please keep the piss and poop out of this thread? I think we've heard enough about it.

by Anonymousreply 74January 25, 2021 4:11 AM

Talk about how Miss Locher wanted to suck off every male in his AW panel.

by Anonymousreply 75January 25, 2021 8:17 AM

R74 Just block, FF and ignore that poster. He is severely mentally ill. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 76January 25, 2021 1:48 PM

I love how Mr Mentally ill hangs on every post and word that I say. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 77January 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Anyway, now the we have some fresh air in here.....

Happy 84th Anniversary, Guiding Light!

by Anonymousreply 78January 25, 2021 1:56 PM

And Kim Zimmer as Reva Shayne

by Anonymousreply 79January 25, 2021 6:59 PM

So 80s!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 25, 2021 9:33 PM

Why havent they asked Noelle Beck to do a Locher Room with Martha Byrne?

by Anonymousreply 81January 26, 2021 2:04 AM

So what were people’s opinions of Alan’s interview with the AW cast that he interviewed this week?

by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2021 2:08 AM

conervacunt

by Anonymousreply 83January 26, 2021 2:15 AM

honestly, I haven't watched any of the recent Locher Rooms.

It's either

the same people

people I couldn't possibly be interested in

someone with a bad case of the bitchies

or, most frequently

technical issues that ruin the experience

by Anonymousreply 84January 26, 2021 3:38 AM

[quote]technical issues that ruin the experience

Ding-ding-ding! I put up with the noise for 45 minutes and then I could take no more.

by Anonymousreply 85January 26, 2021 5:07 AM

There have been maybe a half dozen really good ones where there were compelling guests AND no technical issues.

by Anonymousreply 86January 26, 2021 2:44 PM

I think the absolute best Locher Room in terms of sharing good insider stories and genuine affection for each other was the Hillary Bailey Smith, Scott Bryce and Gregg Marx.

I wasn't even watching ATWT when those three were on, but it was such a good interview, it made me regret not having seen it back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 87January 26, 2021 7:17 PM

Locher has not improved at all. Same dull questions, same technical issues. He’s even worse when he has guests that weren’t on ‘his’ shows. His recent OLTL with Bree something and an arrogant Forbes was cringeworthy because Alan obviously never watched the show. He had to be reminded by a fan to ask Bree about the grande dame of the show Viki Sleestack.

by Anonymousreply 88January 26, 2021 7:28 PM

R87 Thanks for the reminder, Liz. I have been meaning to watch it!

HBS and Marx really were special, and HBS and Scott Bryce were a great sibling pair. Ellen Dolan clicked better w/Scott Holmes, for sure, but I did love Margo as portrayed by HBS.

by Anonymousreply 89January 26, 2021 7:33 PM

Forbes March left acting to deal with wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 26, 2021 11:29 PM

Forbes March is an asshole! Implying that our Miss Viki Sleestack wanted to get him fired! The gall. I do not like that at Tall!

by Anonymousreply 91January 26, 2021 11:52 PM

This is the P&G thread. What the fuck is a sleestak?

by Anonymousreply 92January 26, 2021 11:57 PM

R92 A giant piece of overcooked ham.

Served bext with a Zimmer Zinfandel - two hams at that table!

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2021 12:10 AM

Have any Connie Ford eating snatch videos surfaced yet? Has Vicky Wyndham looked in her basement?

by Anonymousreply 94January 27, 2021 7:14 AM

Forbes March wore a really ridiculous scarf on ATWT, if I recall correctly.

by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2021 12:08 PM

I'd forgotten Forbes was on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 96January 27, 2021 2:27 PM

I did like his story about getting some gig because some morons thought he was from the Forbes family.

by Anonymousreply 97January 27, 2021 4:04 PM

Did Miss Hansis crush on Forbes when he was on WT?

by Anonymousreply 98January 27, 2021 5:56 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 99January 27, 2021 6:25 PM

Reminded at Cloris Leachman's death that her son Morgan aka GL's Dylan mentioned her in his Locher Room appearance, and not in flattering terms - sad that they seemed to be somewhat estranged, but she definitely wasn't mother of the year.

by Anonymousreply 100January 28, 2021 12:41 AM

From 2002.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2021 1:18 AM

R100, generally, actors should not be parents.

Too self-centered, too self-absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2021 1:30 AM

Has Morgan commented on the old battleaxe’s death yet?

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2021 10:41 AM

The AIDS Memorial has an account on Facebook (and maybe IG too, not sure) where they memorialize someone every day who died of AIDS.

Today, their post is about Joel Carothers.

(can't link to FB here but just look for it.)

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2021 2:40 PM

R104 They’re wrong. Joel had cancer and was a straight man married to Velekka Gray.

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2021 3:42 PM

R105 No, but thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2021 6:42 PM

R106, I think R105 was taking the piss, as the limeys are fond of saying.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2021 10:39 PM

Morgan has aged nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 29, 2021 3:16 AM

Morgan said that Clo was an old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2021 5:24 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 110January 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Who was Forbes on ATWT? I swear I don’t remember the last decade of ATWT at all. So sad what they did to that show :(

by Anonymousreply 111January 29, 2021 2:52 PM

R111 He was Noah's college advisor, who if I remember had some romantic interest in him. Or Luke. Or something like that. He was only on for the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 112January 29, 2021 3:08 PM

Miss Locher had long dong Grant and Beth on yesterday, who he has had on before, and the queen asked them the same old tired questions. Do you remember your first day, what have you learned about yourself during lockdown, what inspired you to act. Yawn yawn yawn. Grant is still HOT though. He looks fantastic. Beth does too.

by Anonymousreply 113January 29, 2021 3:15 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 114January 29, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] He was only on for the blink of an eye.

And wore really odd scarves.

by Anonymousreply 115January 29, 2021 5:52 PM

The scarves...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 29, 2021 10:00 PM

I'm one of the few people who liked Forbes March on OLTL as Nash.

However, I have no recollection of Forbes on ATWT. I must have been blinking.

by Anonymousreply 117January 29, 2021 11:07 PM

Remember when Miss Hansis told OUT magazine that he is straight? lololololololol What an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 118January 29, 2021 11:33 PM

Forbes March looks like he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 119January 30, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote] However, I have no recollection of Forbes on ATWT. I must have been blinking.

I can't really remember him either. When Laurence Lau was on it made a slightly bigger impression.

by Anonymousreply 120January 30, 2021 12:27 AM

Larry Lau making plays for Lucinda then hitting on Luke. Yes, that definitely left an impression in my mind.

I mean, he was romancing Lucinda while hitting on Luke in the same scene.

by Anonymousreply 121January 30, 2021 2:37 AM

I actually really liked his character. He had the same sort of sexy shadiness that early Craig played by Scott Bryce did.

Craig slept with Lucinda during that time, too.

by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2021 3:29 AM

R118 No! Cringe. Did he really?

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2021 3:33 AM

R116 I have no recollection of this, and I know I was watching ATWT at the time. The storylines and characters from this era were so forgettable. They’d go on a couple months then they’d never be mentioned again. It was all so pointless, with a few exceptions.

One of the exceptions, as AuntLiz mentioned, was Larry Lau. He still looked good and his character and storyline were interesting. They should have kept him longer. He could have stirred up a lot more drama. Because let’s not lie, IRL Luke would have wanted that hot daddy 🤣 Of course, Luke was always as sexless as a Ken doll.

by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2021 3:36 AM

That was part of the problem with ATWT at the end. Lau was a great addition and should have been a permanent one. Maybe with another family member of his showing up, too.

But the stories played out in little 4,5, 6 week increments, maybe 13 if we were lucky, and then poof, gone.

Probably due to budget, but still.....hard to get engaged in the story when it keeps skidding to an abrupt stop.

by Anonymousreply 125January 30, 2021 2:14 PM

Lau likes the peen. Did Ms Hansis have him?

by Anonymousreply 126January 30, 2021 6:50 PM

They could have played Luke and Brian for a longer time, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2021 12:56 AM

R125 exactly. It didn’t matter whether something was working or not. It would go on the exact same amount of time and then it’d be over. It became impossible for me to care or to remember much of anything long term.

R126 so both Jamie Frames were into dudes? Oh my stars. If only I’d been older.

by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2021 12:59 AM

Page 70 of this week's SOD has a GUSHING letter from an AW fan.

If they had posted it here, there would not have been sufficient MARY!s to reply.

by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2021 1:15 AM

R129 wow, they still sell SOD? What did the letter say, lol.

by Anonymousreply 130January 31, 2021 1:16 AM

R130 I can't copy/paste nor do I have patience to transcribe, but they said at the end of the letter that they were given some token for the 35th and it broke, and they glued it together because the show meant the world to them.

by Anonymousreply 131January 31, 2021 3:55 AM

R128, THREE Jamie Frames are into dudes-Lau, Russell Todd and Richard Bekins. Lau apparently has a girlfriend these days but he’s definitely enjoyed the homosex.

by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2021 10:32 AM

Ignore the mentally ill poster at R126, as always.

But yes, enough rumors about Lau and other men have made it to shore to be more than just a rumor. If all of the rumors are true, it means that at least three of AMC's leading young men of the 80s - Lau, Michael E Knight, and Darnell Williams - are all cock connoisseurs.

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2021 3:32 PM

Michael E. Knight never did it for me. I’ll just assume he bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2021 3:35 PM

The MEK/James Scott rumor, if true, is really heartbreaking.

MEK had good taste, though.

by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2021 3:44 PM

Remember the good ole days when the biggest scandal was Fulton plugging up the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 136January 31, 2021 6:44 PM

Fanny Grady shows up in Salem this week.

by Anonymousreply 137January 31, 2021 6:46 PM

Did she bring her boas?

by Anonymousreply 138February 2, 2021 8:38 PM

Remember the good ole days before the sad, mentally ill scat queen polluted this thread?

Ah, those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 139February 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Are we still using this as the primary P&G thread? Or have we moved along to other places?

by Anonymousreply 140February 5, 2021 9:25 PM

This thread is so lost that no one even checks it anymore for responses?

I guess that's what happens when the thread watcher is broken and it keeps falling off -- people forget about it and abandon it.

Again, I'll ask the question. Have people moved elsewhere to disucss all things P&G.

by Anonymousreply 141February 6, 2021 9:33 PM

Hello, dear Liz. Sorry I missed your earlier post. DL is acting up.

We moseyed over to this thread, which was already opened a few months back but sat unused and unappreciated, much like Cecile's bullshit.

Hope you're doing well, Liz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 6, 2021 9:37 PM

(ps it appears that yes, Gary Sinclair and his hairy pubes have been Murieled.)

by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2021 9:38 PM

I keep dropping this thread off my threadwatcher because of Spicen. I hate those white-on-black numbers you can't get rid of by clicking the thread open.

by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2021 9:39 PM

Didn't James Scott toy and cocktease MEK ,who was head over heels, within an inch of his life? Left him heartbroken and devastated.

by Anonymousreply 145February 6, 2021 9:40 PM

Donna dear, Thanks for the info.

I never knew that thread was there even from when it got started months ago. But its now bookmarked. Parhaps the thread watcher gods will be kind and allow it to stay on my thread watcher.

by Anonymousreply 146February 6, 2021 9:44 PM

R145 yes

by Anonymousreply 147February 6, 2021 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!