Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New Trump Video: Creepily Sane

He is saying everything in this video that he should have said on January 6th. On that day, he chose to tell the raging, destructive, murderous mob that they were "very special" and that he "loved" them. Who got him to make THIS video now, almost a week later? And what is his endgame? It almost creeps me out because he is clearly denouncing violence, it's not even subtle, and this is so unlike him to be so clear and sane-sounding. So...was this video part of a secret bargain he made to get out of being tried for murder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2021 10:26 AM

Of course, the dumb fuck above who RT'd the video focused on the blip at the end about "please lets not blackball people from social media" instead of acknowledging the whole before part, where the insurrection and the violence are strongly disavowed, or the part where Trump begs everyone not to do any more riots.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 11:42 PM

I can't be bothered to watch

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 11:43 PM

Somebody handed him the script and said Read it or else. He's definitely worried about his legal exposure.

But if he still had Twitter he'd be denying he said any of it within a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 11:44 PM

I concur with R2 - can't be bothered.

When does he leave for MAGAt Lardo?

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 11:46 PM

Yeah it reminds me of a hostage video. Sure wish we could piece together who got this video made and how they did it. What ammo did they use?

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 11:46 PM

The screws are tightening on this mother fucker. This was forced upon him.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 11:47 PM

Okay, no one in the White House has the talent/ability to write a speech like this. This speech came from someone else on the outside. Mitch maybe? The FBI?

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 11:49 PM

HE IS TRYING TO GET HIS TWITTER BACK!!

That is the only reason he made the video. He is trying to build up pressure around Twitter by pretending to make peace.

When he gets it back, he will incite a war.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 11:53 PM

You beat me to it r8.

First and foremost, Dump is and always will be an internet troll. I didn't watch the entire video either, but if he has softened at all, it's because he'll do anything to have Twitter back. Listen carefully to the end where he denounces social media censorship and "canceling" and it tells you everything you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 11:54 PM

The insurgency has only one goal right now: get back on twitter. That is it..

Without twitter they are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 11:55 PM

Too little, too late.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 11:56 PM

Once he get's the twitter back, they will resume trying to overthrow the government.

Everybody on twitter needs to keep up the pressure. He can NOT GET BACK ON THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 11:57 PM

Now is the time to listen??? Someone please remind me of ONE TIME he has done that in the last 5 years? Once during the campaign or administration.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 11:57 PM

He’s not getting back on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 11:58 PM

See. I told you. He has learned his lesson this time.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 12:05 AM

He will never be back on Twitter. Hundreds of employees will leave. It’s not happening.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 12:10 AM

This is just another cynical ploy by the maniac fascist who cheered the Capitol being desecrated by his mob a mere week ago.

His end is upon him.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 12:32 AM

Take away his Twitter and the man could almost pass as sane.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 12:33 AM

He didn't ever cause nationwide damage until he got his Twitter account activated.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 12:37 AM

Does the second impeachment make him ineligible for the pension benefit and no Secret Service when he leaves office? Or does he have to be convicted?

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 1:12 AM

He has to be convinced, r20.

Then I think they need a separate simple majority vote to make it so.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 1:30 AM

Barely 6.5 days left until this maniac's powers over us disappear.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 1:38 AM

Thank you R21. I want everything taken away. He is the least deserving of Secret Service protection and a pension.

Fuck I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 2:03 AM

We The People should have a say about whether or not we are okay with our tax dollars going towards lifetime SS protection, flight allowance and a pension to a twice-impeached, disgraced betrayer of our nation.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 2:08 AM

He's not getting Twitter back. He's making the Republicans bleed big corporate $$$ left and right. He was just a toxic personality before -- now he's financially toxic, and thus, absolutely worthless.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote] He has to be convinced

Oh, he’s convinced alright, hence the video.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 2:14 AM

I still hear "both sides" bullshit. "We have seen too many riots." Then, "Whether you are a republican or a democrat, there is no justification for violence." This is a dogwhistle to the asshats who believe that Antifa people were rioting at the Capitol to make the Trumpsters look bad.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 2:19 AM

Washington Post: "A senior administration official said Kushner, the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump, Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino and Pence persuaded Trump to film the video, telling him it could boost support among weak Republicans. They asked him not to mention impeachment, and he didn’t."

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 2:37 AM

R28 Boost support...support for what? He's finished! It's over.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] Ivanka Trump, Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino and Pence persuaded Trump to film the video, telling him it could boost support among weak Republicans.

IOW, "they are going to gut us like a fish"

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 2:41 AM

Not the least bit interested. Agree that he wants twitter back in the worst way.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 2:45 AM

Let's hope this all ends soon. This video was just buying him time.

I'm afraid thatmost recent WaPo article by Rucker and company is bullshit. I can't find it on DL anymore. I have a hunch that Rucker has been played like a fiddle since day one and I will be making a thread about that at some point. But I do not believe for one second that plump is sitting in his office, twittling his thumbs.

They are making moves behind the scenes and there are fewer and fewer people who will leak.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 2:49 AM

I hope the narrative changes soon to those at the top and not the hooters clientele that were at the bottom of the food chain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 2:52 AM

The Ukraine is on line 1...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 2:52 AM

There are two in depth articles about the making on this video in the NYT and Washington Post. He didn't want to do it but Jared, Ivanka, et. al. convinced him it was the right thing to do, and apparently two attorneys wrote it.

From the Washington Post:

[quote] A senior administration official said Kushner, the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump, Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino and Pence persuaded Trump to film the video, telling him it could boost support among weak Republicans. They asked him not to mention impeachment, and he didn’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 2:57 AM

I would take the WaPo one with a grain of salt. Could be true or not, but I feel like the white house uses that particular WaPo correspondent to control narratives.

Going to read the NYTimes version now although they have this same exact weakness of falling into directed narratives by their sources but doesn't seem to be as glaring as the WaPo WH team.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 3:06 AM

So very soon -- I won't have to see his face or hear the sound of his obnoxious voice.

Day by day...

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 3:16 AM

Nothing this nitwit could possibly say at this point could begin to redeem the damage he’s done for the last 4 years.

Nothing short of “ I’ve been the worst President in American history. I was completely wrong to spread my poisonous bile right from the beginning. Anyone who has supported me has fallen for the lies of a narcissistic con man. I have achieved nothing of substance and have done irreparable damage to America’s reputation for years to come. My greatest legacy will be that I am the only President in American history to be Impeached twice. I leave behind death, disease and a broken nation. I will now quietly slink away from public life like I was never here to begin with.”

Yeah that would about do it.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote] lifetime SS protection, flight allowance and a pension to a twice-impeached, disgraced betrayer of our nation.

Anyone who incites an insurrection should not have taxpayer money.

I am waiting for a criminal investigation but I have a feeling Don Jr, Rudy and others will be the scapegoat. They'll let Trump slide for now and let NYC take care of him.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 5:37 AM

He always sounds the same. He has no emotions.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 6:43 AM

I wouldn't believe a word of it. In his previous video he talked about a transition to a "new administration", but notice he did not say which administration. I feel like we're in an episode of House of Cards. He could literally try anything in the next seven days.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 7:03 AM

[quote] It almost creeps me out because he is clearly denouncing violence, it's not even subtle, and this is so unlike him to be so clear and sane-sounding.

"He's learned his lesson!" "There's been a change in tone!" "We're seeing a new Trump!" "He's pivoting!"

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 7:04 AM

It sounds like they're utilizing a crisis management firm. I have a friend (now retired) who was hired by Exxon after the Valdiz oil spill. What r42 cites is exactly what the goal is.

Trump has lost the presidency in every possible way. Now he's trying to stop his business losses, which continue to mount.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2021 8:43 AM

He’s addicted to Twitter like a crackhead is to crack... What we’re seeing here is withdrawal symptoms. He’d say or do anything to be president and now he’ll say or do anything to get his Twitter back.

Crackheads will clean up real nice for a fix!

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2021 8:59 AM

He always sounds the same. He has no emotions.

-I think he has ill fitting dentures and he’s struggling to keep them from falling out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2021 9:01 AM

you're a troll, OP. It's so fucking clear from your post.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2021 9:01 AM

[quote] "He's learned his lesson!" "There's been a change in tone!" "We're seeing a new Trump!" "He's pivoting!"

You know, just like a child touching a hot stove. (Some republican dinosaur defended trump with this statement)

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2021 9:14 AM

Twitter. I posted this in another thread we were in. He is just trying to get his twitter back. He is neutered without it.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2021 9:26 AM

This man put out hits on the lives of Americans.

FUCK HIS SPEECH. BURY HIM, NOW.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2021 9:37 AM

It's not that I can't be bothered to watch this video - it's that I can't stomach watching this video.

I just can't do it. I've seen small snippets of the video on the news and that's enough. It's very obvious that 8 men with semi-automatic machine guns pointed at his pin head were surrounding Dump just off camera.

The bottom line is that not one word that comes out of Dump's mouth is worth listening to because everything he says is a lie. Especially now. Completely disingenuous. If his mouth is open - he's lying.

He already said what he had to say before the riot and he said it and meant every damn single word of it - for once he wasn't lying when he told them to fight to take back their democracy.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2021 9:49 AM

I think Trump has abandoned his fight for this presidency, but Is now fighting for his very survival, as he knows it. Losing Twitter is huge for him. He needs Twitter to proclaim his innocence, to shore up his deplorable support, and to seek vengeance. Once he leaves office, he’s almost powerless without it.

And as others have said, the moves made by corporate America, against the REPUBLICAN party, have got everyone’s attention.

Since Trump himself knows how the horrors of last Wednesday came about, he should hope he manages to leave office with only his second impeachment. For now.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Trump is for Trump, always. Anyone else can burn. He loves and craves admiration, attention, but his number one priority right now is covering his ass. No matter who he has to destroy to achieve this . They all should have known this. We knew this.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2021 11:23 AM

I read this thread just before I went to bed and then dreamed Twitter restored his account. And then, in the dream, I started a DL thread about my outrage.

I am either spending too much time on the DL or thinking about Trump too much (or, more likely, both).

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2021 12:11 PM

R43 is exactly right. Businesses are abandoning him. He’s a cretin and grifter whose love of money is at the heart of everything he does. It’s the BIG reason he made that speech.

I’m sure he’s trying to get his Twitter back as well, but it’s the business losses that he’s trying to stem.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2021 12:26 PM

Thank you for your stunning insights, r48.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2021 12:33 PM

So sad that we elected a president who is more upset about losing his Twitter than he is about 4000 Americans dying a day.

Trump must be convicted in the senate and BANNED from ever holding office again! We can’t risk even the slightest chance that he would run again!

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2021 12:35 PM

"Nothing Matters"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2021 12:36 PM

(R55) Bless your heart. 😘

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2021 12:38 PM

R46 Sorry that these past four years have made you "troll" happy where every one is a potential troll lurking to spread disinformation or incite division. I am not that person.

I've been following this shit every day since the 6th, just like you and everyone else on here. I think Trump is a sack of excrement who has not just brought our country to the brink of insanity, he has committed, basically, murder now.

My two questions were: WHO got him to make this video, which is SO behind out of character for him that it's deeply fishy, and; WHAT is he trying to slither out f or gain? Basically, it was clear that someone has him by the balls and I wanted to know the who, what, and why of it. Cuz this was all stuff he should have been saying of his own accord ON THE 6TH. While folks were getting murdered. And he said "you guys are very special" instead. So something DRASTIC happened to force him to sound (pretend to be) sane.

I think what people are saying about him trying to get his Twitter back are probably right. That and the threat of prison.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2021 2:52 PM

Until he comes and says plainly that he LOST THE ELECTION and that BIDEN WON FAIR AND SQUARE then he is not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2021 10:18 AM

Well, THAT'S never gonna happen R60.

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2021 10:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!