Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I think now would be a good time to discuss the Ukraine incident of 2014 and the similarities to America in 2021

America is experiencing such a similar version of what Ukraine went through, it could almost be called the sequel. It even has some of the same characters behind the scenes. Pulling the strings.

Democracy prevailed there, ultimately, even though a price was paid

It could be helpful to study the events that happened there to gain some insight into how to navigate these tumultuous times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:19 AM

This is how it ended:

Ukraine’s Ex-President Is Convicted of Treason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 2:37 AM

Lots of similarities, no?

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 2:39 AM

He reminds me of the great Plumplin himself.

The ukraine did the same thing, people went from being country men to yelling at each other in the streets. "Your're a nazi" "No, Your a nazi". They were submerged in propaganda and it pitted brother against brother.

This is why I say it's a waste of time to go after the little guy because they will just brainwash a new group of people. You need to take out the propaganda networks if you want to stop this thing.

That is why his twitter is so important. If they don't have propaganda, they can't control the zombie soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 2:44 AM

The American people must resoundingly denounce Qanon. In every media outlet, on every corner.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 3:03 AM

Ukraine declared its independence in 1991. It's nothing like the US, which has a long history and strong constitution. That's what made the US all the more shocking. I say that not as an "American exceptionalism" idiot. I don't think you can compare the young nations of the former Soviet bloc to a nearly 300 year old country that's had just one constitution for its entire existence.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 3:08 AM

R5 completely unhelpful and a total red herring.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 3:13 AM

The Ukraine and the U.S. are an apples to apples comparison in terms of tensions, tactics, etc... It's the exact same play.

And it involves some of the same exact people who where involved with Ukraine.

They just slightly tweaked it for the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 3:15 AM

Is OP Boris?

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 3:17 AM

Reminds me of old country. Like the how you say “soap opera” but the real life.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 3:26 AM

Our insurrection of 2021 is as important as the Russians' revolution of 1917.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 3:27 AM

The Ukraine of 2014 already happened to the U.S. in 2016.

2021 is the part where we chase Putin's goons and puppets out of our country and restore democracy. This is when we prosecute the Russo-frauds accusing others of the crimes they commit themselves.

CONS, CHEATING AND LIES AREN'T ENOUGH TO CONQUER A NATION.

Putin should have learned that before wasting his time on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 4:04 AM

If the Ukraine can resist the takeover then American sure can. I wish they would release some more evidence so the American people can see what is really going on.

This is just as much of an attack from the outside. Americans need to band together and fight the real enemy.

We are under siege from overseas forces.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 4:13 AM

2014: "On Monday, as Russian gunships menaced the Ukrainian fleet in the Black Sea, Manafort’s former business partner Roger Stone sent out an email to a small group of friends asking wryly: “Where is Paul Manafort?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 4:15 AM

It's all the usual suspects.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 4:16 AM

You mean besides the fact that Paul Manafort helped ratfuck elections in both countries?

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!