Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US Capitol Police Officer Kills Himself 3 Days After Siege

I think we are going to see major increases of suicides from all walks of life this year.. especially if the terrorism continues.

I think there have already been reports of this due to Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2021 7:18 PM

He was so ashamed of collaborating with the Trump Terrorists whom he likely supported in the wake of his colleague's death.

Good. The ones who did little should all kill themselves right now.

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2021 5:58 PM

Is there evidence supporting that, r1, or is that your conjecture? The article is from three days ago, but it doesn’t mention anything other than that an officer died. I’m not clear about why OP claims it was suicide.

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2021 6:01 PM

R1- I don't know if that is true, yet? I don't think ALL of the police were complicit, but it is clear the level of collusion here in this terrorism is beyond what any of us can even comprehend. We are going end up in the McCarthy era if we just half assed blame everyone- Many of these folks were probably just doing their jobs. Shame on Trump for this evil he has brought to us. And shame on those who are a part of it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2021 6:02 PM

R2- There is a better report at the Daily Mail, but I know this site hates that site.

It looks like suicide.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2021 6:04 PM

R3 They were not “all complicit” and it is both unintelligent and heartless to claim that they were.

The police officer below was dragged facedown and beaten by a group of MAGA terrorists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2021 6:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2021 6:06 PM

This article is three days old.

Also, the police officer that died as a result of Wednesday's events is the one that was crushed in a doorway, which has been covered extensively here and elsewhere.

Are you suggesting there's a second police officer that died?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2021 6:06 PM

OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2021 6:06 PM

R7 Just a point of clarification, the officer who was crushed in the doorway is not the officer who perished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2021 6:14 PM

2nd officer death noted here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2021 6:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2021 6:17 PM

The most recent death was Howard Liebengood, a veteran of the USCP; I don't think you should assume he was "complicit" in anything. He was a 13 year vet of the force & his father played a role capitol security.

While there were certainly officers complicit in that mess, there were also a lot officers that did their best under terrible circumstances, were poorly served by their leadership & undermined by repigs. Defending the capital was the work of this guy's life and the USCP failed badly on Wednesday. It's really tragic

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2021 6:19 PM

Press release

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2021 6:27 PM

R5, R12- I said "I don't think ALL of the police were complicit"- My god.

And your response says that I said "All of the police were complicit".

And I certainly do not think all were complicit. Not even close.

Anyway, its just tragic if the officer killed himself because of what he saw. That's the only reason I posted.

This thread was a disaster and I will think twice before starting another. May the gentleman rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] This thread was a disaster and I will think twice before starting another.

Honey, if you want to know why it was a disaster, it was in part because you utterly confused us by linking to an old story about the cop that was crushed. It is clearer now that there were two separate police officers (bringing the total to 6 people dead after Wednesday's horrific events). But that was not what you originally posted.

The half of us who would probably have otherwise agreed and not trolled were confused as to what the fuck you were trying to say...

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2021 6:36 PM

Shit! I see that now R15. Sorry- Because I couldn't link the Daily Mail article I searched for another, and posted the wrong one-

Agreed. Sorry all-

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2021 6:39 PM

His father had a connection to Manafort. It could be unrelated, but I don’t think I believe in coincidence any more where these people are concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]Also, the police officer that died as a result of Wednesday's events is the one that was crushed in a doorway, which has been covered extensively here and elsewhere.

Stop. The DC police officer being crushed in that horrible video is O.K, according to the former DC police chief (on CNN), who got that from the current DC police chief.

Officer Sicknick, who was hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, did die from that injury. And that's what the linked article at the OP is about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2021 7:07 PM

R6 you dirty filthy sons of bitches! I hope this picture goes around the world 🌎 & back again!

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2021 7:17 PM

I'll be the first to say that it's too early to know for sure, and there is indeed a great deal of fog yet to clear surrounding what happened at the Capitol on Wednesday, but the handwriting (or should I say smears of shit?) are on the wall and it doesn't look good for the USCP.

There were heroes. There were also villains.

There is a reckoning coming, however. If the rumors of off-duty police and firemen flashing their badges to gain entry; of current and former US military personnel participating, using their knowledge and experience gained at taxpayer expense against those very taxpayers; of members of the Republican caucus providing aid and comfort; or as we've seen proven without doubt, of newly-elected state representatives not just attending but live streaming their crimes as they worked at the forefront of the seditious attack on the People; then, I say show no mercy.

And frankly, if I were in the position of having supported this crime, let alone actually participating, I'd be seriously considering suicide as an alternative, too.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2021 7:18 PM

And what about the congress critters who met with Dump at the WH before??

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote] former US military personnel participating,

Well we know there was at least one. But she got herself whacked.

by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2021 7:27 PM

And the piece of shit who is currently sitting his fat ass in our House still hasn’t lowered the flag to half-staff.

Fucking appalling. I thought they were the party of law and order? I thought they were the party who loved cops? I’m so fucking angry right now.

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] [R5], [R12]- I said "I don't think ALL of the police were complicit"- My god. And your response says that I said "All of the police were complicit". And I certainly do not think all were complicit. Not even close.

Sorry OP, not to pile on, but it was just unclear why you mentioned complicit officers in regards to this story, it just added more confusion. No worries though, we all fuck up here in one way or another!

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2021 7:34 PM

R6 They beat that cop mercifully like cowards while he was protecting the Congressmen & Senators!

The MAGATS had guns & tasers & zip ties and were using 🇺🇸 U.S.flags as weapons

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] No worries though, we all fuck up here in one way or another!

I never due.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2021 7:37 PM

R25 mercilessly*

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2021 7:48 PM

Cops are still gonna side with MAGA, so what’s the point? Even if deaths had gone into double digits, they will still side with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2021 8:02 PM

R5...go read the replies...makes you want to cry and puke

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2021 8:22 PM

R29- This is the hardest part. Seeing the sheer magnitude of people who think this was OKAY, or even a GOOD THING..

The enormity of this is what makes my head spin. And realizing what pieces of shit humankind exist here.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2021 8:55 PM

Here's the deal:

most of these Trumpers who weren't there are good with ALL of this.

Fighting amongst ourselves is not advised. The facts will all come out in time, and they will still deny it. Half of our country is brainwashed. Stay close to us and don't divide, because they are ready to pick the strays and do whatever they will.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2021 8:55 PM

"And the piece of shit who is currently sitting his fat ass in our House still hasn’t lowered the flag to half-staff. '

The White House lowered the flag around three hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2021 8:55 PM

This is the hardest part. Seeing the sheer magnitude of people who think this was OKAY, or even a GOOD THING..

Not just okay, but "well, what about BLM all their protests?" - the False Equivalency Olympics going on with people who should know better to justify a terrible act (these would be the same in people in Nazi Germany saying "well, yes, those concentration camps were bad...but what about when my favorite Jewish deli was closed on Saturday? Wasn't that wrong too? And I don't think those gold stars were so bad...I happen to love stars!")

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2021 9:02 PM

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2021 9:07 PM

Thank you, r32.

That makes me feel slightly better, but I’m sure it was done because they’re being shamed for it.

But I do thank you.

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2021 9:31 PM

R18 There were two cops crushed.

The one being pulled down the steps, the second Ofc. Sicknick who was injured when crushed in a door and later died from injuries.

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] the second Ofc. Sicknick who was injured when crushed in a door and later died from injuries.

JFC. I now see how rumors get started.

Sicknick went back to his office and had a stroke. There has been claims he was hit with a fire extinguisher but there’s no sources for that.

I would think if he was beaten to death by someone with a fire extinguisher at a minimum his union would’ve released that information. So far they’ve released he died later in the day “after an incident at the Capitol.”

Either way, he was NOT a police officer crushed in a door.

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2021 9:40 PM

Sicknick wasn’t crushed in a door. He died from head injuries. There were quite a few injured; I expect the young cop caught in the door was one of those injured.

A second cop who responded to the riot died, but not on duty. Perhaps he ended his life, but the CNN article doesn’t say.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2021 9:43 PM

R37, even the NY Post has said that Sicknick was bludgeoned to death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2021 9:44 PM

Yes, but that comes from one source and one source only, a Politico reporter named Ryan Lizza. No other sources have confirmed this and his own union is merely saying he was injured and died as a result of his injuries.

Their statement, however, has changed from their original in which they said he died after an incident at the Capitol. At that time it was widely circulated that we went back to his office and collapsed. One who is bludgeoned to death does not walk back to their office.

That’s why we’re required to get and vet, confirm and reconfirm with multiple sources for information before it’s published.

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] This is the hardest part. Seeing the sheer magnitude of people who think this was OKAY, or even a GOOD THING.

Yeah, and it poses the questions: When will this stop, will it stop, and if not, how far will this go?

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2021 9:53 PM

I agree, OP. I don't know how LEOs have been able to deal with the antifa/blm violence and destruction night after night in Portland and Seattle, and to a much lesser extent, many cities across the country.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2021 9:56 PM

R42 You mean the white supremacist violence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2021 9:58 PM

These bastards need to be honed in on big time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2021 9:58 PM

Even the administration that has goaded and emboldened them has had to acknowledge their “problem.”

They’re emotional and intellectual retards clinging to a glorified history we’ve - for the most part - learned and moved on from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2021 10:01 PM

This cops father was a Sargent at arms with connections to Paul Manafort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2021 10:05 PM

Nancy Pelosi's office is difficult to find. Protesters reached her office within 3 minutes. James Clyburn has an unmarked office for his job as whip, they knew where it was.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2021 10:07 PM

^ Supposedly some members of congress gave them maps

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2021 10:11 PM

This thread is heartbreaking. Reading more of the horrors some of the police suffered that day...well, I don’t know what else to say. The police have gotten so much bad press in the past year, but I believe there are far more good cops than bad. The fact that some are committing suicide or were badly injured that day or even killed - these rioters need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2021 10:12 PM

r48- Someone did. Either staff, or police or Matt Goetz or Devin Nunes or Louie Gomert or Ted Cruz or, any other Nazi.

He committed suicide to avoid prosecution. His dad was a pal of Manafort.

According to journalist Yashar Ali, writing on Twitter, “Liebengood’s father, also Howard Liebengood, died in 2005. He was the Senate Sargeant at Arms in the early 1980s and then became a powerful lobbyist and an associate of Paul Manafort’s.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote]Ofc. Sicknick who was injured when crushed in a door and later died from injuries.

[quote]Yes, but that comes from one source and one source only, a Politico reporter named Ryan Lizza. No other sources have confirmed this

Stop.

The Capitol Police said Sicknick succumbed to injuries inflicted “while physically engaging” with pro-Trump rioters Wednesday. That, however, appears to be a euphemism for beaten to death by Trump supporters, as officials told the New York Times that Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher by rioters. “He returned to his division office and collapsed,” the Capitol Police said in the statement. “He was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2021 10:23 PM

R46, his dad’s lobbying firm merged with Manafort’s firm. More importantly, one of the other partners was Roger Stone. This kind of crap has the stench of Roger Stone’s ratfucking all over it.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2021 10:33 PM

^It's the same cabal. Stone/Putin, Manafort/Putin, Bannon/Putin, Flynn/Putin, Pompeo/Putin, Trump/Putin, Graham/Putin, McConnell/Putin AND China.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2021 11:02 PM

R47. You meant 1/6. And sadly, your 1/17 may be prophetic.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Very off brand for this guy to have a black wife.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2021 1:26 AM

I felt bad when I heard about the two Capitol cops, that died, until I heard they were both Trumpsters. Now I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2021 1:28 AM

The officer that died the day of the riot from a stroke was supposed to have been hit in the head by a fire extinguisher earlier.

Here is footage of a fire extinguisher being thrown at the police. Seems to check out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2021 1:32 AM

The article says he responded on his day off. Or, was he already in the fucking crowd, this dear family friend of Paul Manafort?

They should ALL kill themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote]I think there have already been reports of this due to Covid.

NJ Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman was hospitalized yesterday because of COVID, and she believes she caught it the day of the uprising because some of the Republicans who were with her were unmasked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2021 7:12 PM

The officer that died the day of the riot from a stroke was supposed to have been hit in the head by a fire extinguisher earlier.

Someone else posted on twitter a "can you identify this person" who appears to hit the cop that died from behind with a fire extinguisher. But who knows...

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2021 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!