Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Canadian Gossip - Part 2

Take off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379February 12, 2024 1:41 PM

Craven Doug Ford and his cronies like Sam Oosterhoff, Rod Phillips, etc have the Trump charm: they "could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody". and not lose voters. It confounds.

by Anonymousreply 1December 30, 2020 7:25 PM

Dougie also is still beating a "big run" drum behind closed doors. His late Mother thought he was destined to become Prime Minister one day. He thinks he can leverage the goodwill from the early days of the pandemic into a run at CPC leadership and salivates at the chance to face off against Justin Trudeau.

Every decision he is making now is with an eye towards to the PM seat.

by Anonymousreply 2December 30, 2020 7:31 PM

We were informed today by email from our principal that when school returns next week we’re expected to teach student synchronously from our homes to their homes. I am so upset about this. I don’t know how to do this. How do they think we can replicate what we do in a classroom to our homes? I don’t have children, but I’m wondering how fellow teachers are expected to do this when their own children are at home AND they’re expected to also be learning online?

by Anonymousreply 3December 30, 2020 10:49 PM

R2, O'Toole just became Conservative leader so why does Ford think the position is open?

Ford also doesn't speak French so if he wants to run for Prime Minister he'll probably have to wait until O'Toole is gone, serve another term as Premier of Ontario and spend several years taking French lessons.

by Anonymousreply 4December 30, 2020 11:27 PM

R3 They do what every other parent in Ontario whose lucky enough to work from home has to do and multi-task. BTW In some regions its very likely grade schools are going to be online for more than a week if the numbers keep surging.

R2 Ford will never make it beyond being Premiere of Ontario. Frankly, the only reason Ford is still polling high is because the Ontario Liberals voted in a leader no one seems to able to name, and the NDP are broke and Horwath has been too low key for the past several months.

by Anonymousreply 5December 31, 2020 3:23 AM

Ford is an idiot. I will give him some credit- he did an okay job at the beginning of the pandemic. But the last few months have been sheer idiocy and these so-called “lockdowns” are a joke.

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2020 3:30 AM

R6, and Ford is getting a lot of criticism this week after it was discovered that his Finance Minister, Rod Phillips, secretly took a vacation to a tropical island while the rest of Ontarians are in a lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 7December 31, 2020 3:33 AM

The Ford family are a bunch of criminals. Doug's father was a self-made success (although ruthless with dubious connections) but his children were all failures and with whom he had a very difficult relationship. Both Doug and Rob Ford had daddy issues which drove them into politics as a way to prove themselves. Doug is a high school drop out, has driven his family business into the ground, was a drug dealer in his 20s (allegedly got his younger brother hooked), cheated to win the Conservative leadership, is loathed by most sitting Conservative MPPs, and has no idea what he's doing.

Everyone seems to have forgotten what a disaster his first two years in office were because he had a few good months at the start of the pandemic....which btw ever 'positive decision' he made early on was done because of media and public pressure. If it had been up to him, we would be doing nothing. In fact, ever major decision has been because he was forced to do so. He is sitting on $18 billion given to him by Trudeau that earmarked to increase Ontario's testing capacity, to hire more teachers, and increase contact tracing and refuses to use it. He waited until boxing day to go into lockdown despite being told locking down on December 21 would have lowered our case count by 800 and save about 100 to 500 lives.

by Anonymousreply 8December 31, 2020 3:39 AM

Ford has had a terrible two weeks: he delayed lockdown until after Christmas, then the story that Ontario has the slowest COVID vaccine rollout of any province because Ford wanted to save money and not have vaccinations during the holidays, then the collapse of Long-term care with so many elderly becoming infected and dying, and now the whole issue with that his Finance Minister, Rod Phillips is in St. Barts and Ford knew (also Ford's communication chief when to visit her parents in Saskatoon). And yet my gut tells me he'll still lead in the polls.

People often talk about Alberta being really red-neck conservative, and yet Ontario is actually worse at time. Really outside of the major cities, the province is trash.

by Anonymousreply 9December 31, 2020 5:59 AM

No one voted for Doug Ford, they voted for Rob Ford's brother.

by Anonymousreply 10December 31, 2020 12:42 PM

OP can’t even post Bob and Doug McKenzie’s “Twelve Days of Christmas” during the Twelve Days of Christmas.

EPIC FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 11December 31, 2020 2:22 PM

Who has fucked dan levy? That’s the Canadian gossip I want

by Anonymousreply 12December 31, 2020 2:23 PM

That's true. ^ Who cares about Ford? I want to know about Levy.

by Anonymousreply 13December 31, 2020 2:57 PM

Doug Ford is a stupid fat redneck with money and other stupid fat rednecks with money elected him. He and the CPC have no hope in hell of ever being Prime Minsiter, not after the way he flubbed the COVID response and the way he treated teachers.

Piece of fat shit from a piece of fat shit family. Almost every one of them is an alky or a drug addict. Horrible family.

by Anonymousreply 14December 31, 2020 3:11 PM

When I lived in Toronto (1999 to 2006), I was heavily involved in the arts scene. These are just tidbits about things I saw, experienced, or heard about over the years I was there:

Allan Hawco had a long-term male partner who was also an actor that I think was part of the same theatre company in Toronto.

Jian Ghomeshi was notoriously bisexual, I think he tended to sleep with men but only 'date' women. He once grabbed my (now ex) boyfriends crotch on the dance floor at the Bovine Sex Club.

k.d. lang allegedly goes by the name Kyle in private. I just heard this through the rumour mill I don't know for sure.

Jann Arden openly identifies as bisexual now but back when she was closeted she was briefly in a relationships with Elvira Kurt.

Long before either one came out: François Arnaud and Dan Levy dated or at least were hooking up at one point. Arnaud's appearance on Schitt's Creek as David's ex-boyfriend was totally not accidental, it's was kind of a nod and wink to people in the industry.

Mary Walsh HATED Rick Mercer for years (I think they have since mended fences). I have no idea why but for many years she allegedly refused to be in the same room has him.

Some Anne of Green Gables/Road to Avonlea alumni who are (were LGBT) Michael Mahonen, the late-Jonathan Crombie, Patricia Hamilton (later in life lesbian).

by Anonymousreply 15December 31, 2020 7:44 PM

Ontario Finance Minister Rod Phillips resigns after returning from Caribbean vacation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 31, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote]Some Anne of Green Gables/Road to Avonlea alumni who are (were LGBT) Michael Mahonen

You've just set my gay heart a flutter! Such a crush I had on him as a gayling.

[quote]Mary Walsh HATED Rick Mercer for years (I think they have since mended fences). I have no idea why but for many years she allegedly refused to be in the same room has him.

She was pissed that he left This Hour Has 22 Minutes without telling anyone he was going. His BF and CBC exec Gerald Lunz made sure he had a show lined up before leaving which really pissed Mary off.

by Anonymousreply 17December 31, 2020 10:22 PM

FINALLY SOME LEGIT GOSSIP from R15!!!

Thank you, what a New Years gift.

Any more details about Dan Levy? Love that Francois Arnaud thing. He’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 18December 31, 2020 10:26 PM

R15 Merci! Don't know who Hawco is but he's cute. Pity that he's with a woman now.

by Anonymousreply 19December 31, 2020 10:57 PM

R19 The Hawco rumours have been discussed on DL before. The gossip is Hawco started a theatre company in Toronto in the early 2000s with his alleged boyfriend. When Republic of Doyle became a hit, Hawco allegedly dumped him.

R17 The feud between Mary Walsh and Rick Mercer goes back before his departure. There is a book that came out a couple years ago about the history of 22 Minutes that does touch upon the tensions between that existed on the show. Mary created 22 Minutes but Mercer became the star and he and Walsh butted heads for creative control. A few years into the show's run, Walsh took time off to seek treatment for alcoholism and Mercer basically took that opportunity to seize control of the show. Mercer was given money to create Made in Canada (produced by Rick's real life partner Gerald Lunz) which was filmed in Halifax and used many writers from 22 Minutes. Like 22 Minutes, Made in Canada became an unexpected hit and so half way through that show's run, Mercer unexpectedly was allowed out of his contract to 22 Minutes and moved full time over to Made in Canada (which relocated to Toronto) and also took most of the 22 Minute writers with him. The two did mend fences at some point, but I get the picture Mercer is not well liked by most of the original cast of 22 Minutes not just Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2021 1:22 AM

Good lord, does the dead cop have to be headline news in this country?

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2021 5:02 PM

R18 Regarding Dan Levy, the word on the street in Toronto is that he has been involved with Andrew Cividino (who directed several episodes of Schitt's Creek and he and Levy won an Emmy together for co-direction on the series finale) for a couple years now.

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2021 5:38 PM

Thanks r22. They are a cute couple - I guess Andrew would be the top.

by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2021 6:12 PM

R15 In regards to Jian Ghomeshi, why do you think he was violent towards women?

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2021 6:37 PM

Okay not the most exciting stuff but:

the late Chris Hyndman (aka the Designer Guys) hit on me in front of my parents once when we were at a coffee shop in the Yorkville. I was mortified and not interested. I've heard some gossip over the years that he used to occasionally cruise the washroom in the Hudson Bay Centre food court (allegedly this is a big cruising spot for decades).

Kyle Buchanan - a Toronto based actor who now appears on Global's morning show to talk nutrition, gave me really good drunk head in the parking lot of the National Ballet School...just to be clear it was like 3 am on a Saturday night and one was around.

Seamus O'Regan struggled with alcohol and drugs and was pushed out of CTV because he became too unreliable.

For French-Canadians Éric Salvail (a Quebec TV host and personality who was recently acquitted of more than a dozen sexual assault charges) used to host lavish sex parties in Toronto from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2021 12:15 AM

Love this thread

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2021 1:11 AM

R25 Speaking of Chris Hyndman, was it ever made public if his death was accidental or intentional? I remember at the time of his death there was talk that he would sleep walk regularly and that might be what happened that night.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2021 4:04 AM

R27 No. There was thread about this years ago, but I can't seem to find it. A year or two after Hyndman died, Steven Sabados, Hyndman's widower, said in an interview that he doesn't know what happened that night which seems to suggest he's not sure if it was intentional or not. My sense reading between the lines is that Sabados doesn't want to say "yes, Chris probably killed himself" because Chris' mother would be devastated. It was Chris' mom who was behind that sleep walking theory, and Steven is still very close to Chris' parents.

The gossip is that Hyndman did have mental health issues (depression/anxiety), that there was issues in their relationship, and he may have been depressed about nearing his 50th birthday. Also, I remember reading or hearing something about that he used to disappear from time to time and on more than one occasion filming of their show on CBC had to be postponed.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2021 4:42 AM

Any gossip about Jared Keeso and the cast of Letterkenny?

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 5:38 AM

I’d be interested in that too, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2021 9:58 AM

R29 The only gossip I have is that Jared's brother Alan Keeso is a huge conservative supporter and ran for the Conservatives in Kitchener South—Hespeler during the 2019 election (he lost to the Liberal candidate). As of Fall 2020 Alan, is again running to be the Conservative nominee in Kitchener South—Hespeler.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2021 3:30 PM

R31 Jared is likely a conservative himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2021 3:37 PM

Gossip on Connor Jessup? He’s such a DL Fave and yet there seem to be zero stories about him. There’s gotta be some Toronto queens who’ve seen him around.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2021 7:38 PM

Connor's been seen on Scruff and Tinder, but we need more details !! 🇨🇦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2021 11:27 PM

Is Allan Hawco really as much of a jerk as they say?

by Anonymousreply 35January 5, 2021 12:49 AM

What’s the scoop on Scotty Dynamo, if he was with Davy Wavy for awhile there must be a sex tape or ten right? And any with Mike would be much appreciated too.

by Anonymousreply 36January 5, 2021 12:54 AM

R35 he used his show to soak up the entire NFLD film/TV budget leaving nothing for anyone else. He defended this by saying his show was popular around the world and was showcasing NFLD/LAB to the world and bringing in tourists. It was bullshit but the Premier backed him up because what else could he do?

by Anonymousreply 37January 5, 2021 4:34 PM

Stephen Leece who is the Minister of Education in Doug Ford's government is gay but closeted professionally and possibly to his family. I was at Western when he was a student and he was actively involved in campus life, eventually he was voted President of the Student Union. Over the years, there have been whispers of sexual assault surrounding him from his time at Western committed against male students most of whom were members of his fraternity. A couple of people have come forward and openly discussed their experiences with him on Twitter. One person alleges he witnessed Leece forcing new requires to anally penetrate a goat as part of the initiation process. Even when I was at Western there was gossip about him.

by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2021 4:43 PM

What about daddy Eugene levy? Is he as great as they say he is?

by Anonymousreply 39January 5, 2021 4:44 PM

What about the Vancouver based actors? There are so many cute and hot actors there working in tv.

by Anonymousreply 40January 5, 2021 4:57 PM

R40 I posted on the first thread, but I worked in TV production in Vancouver from 1997 to 2005. Honestly, Canadian sets (or American shows shot in Canada) are fairly low key much less of an actor/crew hierarchy. I talked about this before, but the only Canadian actors that I worked with that I truly loathed was Michael Shanks from Stargate SG-1. That dude was a verifiable and certified ass hole. Completely rude to virtually everyone except the cast. Screwed around on his wife often. Called a makeup guy a 'fucking fag.' He left the show cause he thought he'd have a big career in Hollywood but came back a year later (as with a nasty coke habit). Everyone else on that show was lovely. Amanda Tapping was a darling, Teryl Rothery was a sweetheart and funny as hell.

I also did Stargate Atlantis for the first two seasons and that cast was awesome except Joe Flanagan was a Republican (he isn't anymore) and seemed uncomfortable around gay guys a bit. Torri Higginson was awesome...I think Torri is a lesbian but not out professionally. Jason Mamoa farted all the time (he thought it was funny) and was dumb as a post but pretty down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 41January 5, 2021 8:12 PM

I only just found the first thread the other day and there is some really good stuff on these.

Mine isn't really all that exciting but thought I'd share. I had a nearly year long sex fling with Timothy Caulfield back in 2006 when I was a graduate student at the University of Alberta. He's not super famous but he did host a TV show a few years ago, and he's very active in the media now debunking a lot of misinformation around scientific data. It was a very tempestuous fling, there was a lot going on in both our lives at the time.

I did a lot of research for him and one thing led to another. He was (and I think still is) married with a number of children and when we'd talk about his sexuality he'd just say "I like to fuck." A nice cut average size penis that he knew how to use, and was really good at oral. Although I have no proof, I suspect that I was not the only person he was with or at least I wasn't the first person he messed around with. Looking back at it now, I found him very physically attractive, but his personality was kind of 'meh.' Very self important for sure, but still nice.

I've seen him on TV fairly regularly lately and I have to say he's aged very well. I'm thinking he has to be almost 60 by now. Because he was mid-40s I think when I knew him.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2021 5:11 PM

R42 Oh I've seen him on TV a lot recently. He's a handsome man but I assumed he was gay until I googled him and yes apparently he has a wife and four children. He's 57 but looks about a decade younger except for the fact that he clearly dyes his hair.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2021 12:53 AM

Give us more Canadian gossip!

Please?

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2021 2:34 AM

Any info about John Reardon?

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2021 2:02 PM

Anyone here remember that cute CBC reporter, Austin, from the Manitoba Manhunt threads? Well, he's got himself in some hot water at work. He helped get a coworker fired by going through his What'sApp messages and turned them in to management. It's a long sordid story, but this was making the rounds on social media tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2021 4:35 AM

Here's the original tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2021 4:36 AM

R46 His full name is Austin Grabish and CBC management should check his phone to see if he's using hookup apps on company time.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2021 5:49 AM

Austin comes off really, really bad in that. Not good. I'm on the other guy's side, but he shouldn't have been using homophobic slurs though. Regardless, Austin shouldn't have snooped his messages and taken screen shots for management. Yikes - very mean-girlish.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2021 7:34 AM

Any gossip on why Graham Wardle really left Heartland?

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2021 4:33 PM

Here's Austin's response to the allegations in R46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2021 8:45 PM

Anything about Michael Seater? He got to kiss Yannick Bisson on Murdoch Mysteries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2021 10:43 PM

R51 point is he went through Khan's social media accounts - went deep - and cropped screenshots to management to get the kid fired. And CBC management approved of this, and acted on it. Systemic problem, and he's probably going to get fired as a scapegoat for CBC.

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2021 2:53 AM

For sure, R53. But if it's true that there were other incidents of homophobia by Khan then everyone involved is a terrible person. CBC for not being sympathetic to Khan's feelings regarding Cherry's comments and for forcing him to take down the tweet, Austin for ratting on his colleague and for going as far as to search, screenshot and selectively crop Khan's messages, the manager for being in on it and encouraging it, and Khan for being a homophobic douche.

Grabbish should be fired, so should the manager, and Khan should apologize for using the slur and thankfully the arbiter in the case didn't believe his bs line about why he used homophobic slurs.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Lainey is still pro Meghan and writing pro Sussex pieces on her website which are really gross. I am guessing there is some payola going on there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2021 3:57 AM

R52 the only thing I have on Michael Seater is that he went to school with Noah Reid from Schitt's Creek and they are still very good friends.

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2021 8:36 PM

I think Yannick Bisson is so hot. I don’t watch Murdoch Mysteries, but I’ve been aware of him since he started acting in his teens. IMDB has his first credit in 1984. He’s 51 now and has been married for 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2021 9:38 PM

Premier Doug Ford kicks MPP Roman Baber out of the PC caucus for opposing the COVID19 lockdown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2021 11:52 PM

R57 Yannick was discussed in the previous thread and here is the tea:

Apparently super nice in real life and kind of shy

Short (5'7)

His pants on Murdoch are custom made to fit his large butt.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2021 12:30 AM

R55 Lainey hung out in the same circles when Meghan lived in Toronto and was also good friends with that Jessica Mulroney bitch until recently. Outside of the US, Meghan and Harry are no longer even relevant. While their popularity in the UK (and Canada too) was on the decline before COVID, COVID kind of pushed them in obscurity in the Commonwealth. Allegedly the Queen invited them back for Trooping the Colour in June but I suspect it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2021 12:34 AM

R59 I posted about Yannick on the part one thread, having worked with him on Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is absolutely one of the nicest guys working in the Canadian television industry, very down to earth and rather shy. He and his wife are high school sweethearts and have a very solid marriage and I know he sees himself very much as a family man. I know that when he was doing this show, he had given up opportunities to move to LA because he didn't want to relocate his daughters. Also his butt, yes the man has got booty going on, and I can confirm that he dress pants on the show had to let out in the back to get a better fit. He was shorter than Deanne Bray and a he would wear height wedges in his shoes to appear the same height as her on camera.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2021 7:15 PM

Any dish about designer Brian McCourt? There was a thread about his a few years back but otherwise no good info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2021 9:58 PM

The CPC is about to have a war. This is gonna be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2021 6:03 AM

r42 I nearly fell off my chair when I found out he had a wife. I just assumed he was openly gay. He has gay face and voice. Shocked. Then if you put gay after his name in google it comes up with this tweet which I think say a lot. Its framed positively, but I think it speaks to his view on sexuality....

"But why should same-sex sexual behavior be justified? Or sexual orientation or identity? It is nobody’s business with whom you have sex and why..."

Its always women, bisexuals and 'allies' offended at science looking at sexual orientation I find. Im not 'scared' or insulted as im positive science will show that homosexuality is innate and you are born with it. here seems to have been a shift to try to change that narrative (with no real evidence) and simply put a cultural relativistic view across; that being same sex attracted isn't a separate state of being, but its not immoral so why do we bother looking into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2021 7:06 PM

Any hockey gossip? DL fave Jonathan Toews is on LTIR with a mystery ailment.

by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2021 7:32 PM

R64 I get what you're saying, but I'm going to play devil's advocate in that proving the existence of a 'gay gene' could may relegate homosexuality back to be 'treated as a condition' a genetic anomaly that can be one be fixed as we get better at manipulating DNA. Proving that human sexuality is inherently fluid (as seen throughout the animal kingdom) is just another way of saying, human overall sexual habits are complex and totally normal. Bisexual people often feel more compelled to prove sexual fluidity for validation. A woman who identifies as bisexual is often labelled as being 'expirental' while a man who identifies as bisexual is "gay an in denial."

by Anonymousreply 66January 20, 2021 7:46 PM

R66 I see no evidence of 'sexual fluidity' in the animal kingdom. Bisexuality, sure. But despite the current linguistic twisting, those are not the same thing. Im not sure human sexuality IS all that complicated, certainly not to the extent we need to stop researching it as its 'too nebulous'. Also, through research, it seems that, yes, there is no such thing as a 'gay gene', but rather homosexuals are formed in the womb by hormone exposure that women naturally express after becoming pregnant with male foetuses, making each subsequent male child more likely to be gay. But I understand the fear of if one can discover what it 'is' that 'turns' people gay, then one can potentially 'fix' or alter that. That is not an unfounded fear, but to me knowledge is more important. Also why should a bisexuals feelings trump that of homosexuals? There are completing views of sexuality put forth by many 'queer' people which I think science can prove or disprove. And that bi women and bi men face those things (dismissing their identity) is on the one hand understandably frustrating, I dont think simply saying something should make it so. Show me the evidence. For instance there has recently been a good study on male bisexuality proving its existence; to me thats a good thing and can only solid the bi identity. However, there are also snags to it which should also be able to be discussed. Such as; the main researchers spoke about how it was reactively Uncommon for men to have a bisexual arousal pattern. Most men were heterosexual and then those who weren't heterosexual were homosexual. There goes the narrative that we are all 'bi' to a degree. Secondly that while they found a bisexual arousal pattern, most of the 'bisexual' responses were significantly skewed to one side of the spectrum, that equal attraction to both sexes for bi men is even more rare. Etc

Also, its more that this guy this dismissing the work, and saying its 'no ones business who you sleep with or identify as'. Which is kind of insulting as reads as extremely gay and Is clearly engaging IN gay sex. So there is something quite off putting and self preservationist about that kind of tweet to be as an openly gay man.

by Anonymousreply 67January 20, 2021 8:04 PM

To be fair r67 most animals do not have the wardrobe to cross dress so we can never know exactly where they are on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 68January 20, 2021 9:27 PM

R67 "I see no evidence of 'sexual fluidity' in the animal kingdom. Bisexuality, sure. " ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2021 4:49 AM

r69 gonna give an actual response...or nah?

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2021 4:57 AM

Ladies, ladies you're both tedious, pedantic and shitting in a gossip thread.

Can we get back to hockey stud gossip, please? We used to have a few insiders, hopefully they haven't all be driven off.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2021 7:00 AM

So, after a three week absence the Creamy Bros emerged from their three week move from GTA to New Brunswick a bit battle worn and bruised. I guess despite checking out various moving companies, most are interconnected and a scam who held all their belongings hostage and continually jacked the price up thousands a day in extortion. They are pursuing legal recourse. A TV fell on Ro after it didn’t stay secure in the wall when they mounted it.

I didn’t know that just Matt and Ro are in the house, and after that confrontation between Ro and his girlfriend during broadcast before the move where she accused him of cheating and giving away personal details on air she pulled the plug on the WiFi and ended the show, I’m unclear if that was the plan from the start. But I think she moved too and lives nearby. It sounds like they are open and looking for people to broadcast with them in their new home., which looked quite nice. Someone mentioned Isaac Rossiter, but I’m not sure what their response was as they were having audio issues.

Isaac created a bit of a sensation when he launched his OF on his 18th birthday just after New Years. An IG, Youtube and TikTok teen bodybuilding sensation, he playfully teased a towel drop and when he didn’t quite deliver to people’s expectations there was much lashing out, but apparently his content has become more explicit and people seem to be happier. But many are saying he runs with a swindling crowd of gaybaiters, so I’m hoping he and Matt can hook up and Matt can mentor him a bit. He seems like a very sweet kid with some daddy issues and having more positive male role models could really support him.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2021 7:29 AM

On an old thread with Canadian gossip it said dan levy hooked up with Oscar Isaac in a bathroom at TIFF years ago lol

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2021 8:23 PM

My sister got an autograph from Doug of Doug and the Slugs in about 1980. He tried to be lecherous with her but he was such a potato sack she couldn't help laughing at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2021 9:24 PM

Actor Evan Williams. Gay, bi, straight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote] Actor Evan Williams. Gay, bi, straight?

Straight or deeply closeted. He's a bible boy, you know.

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2021 9:33 PM

Why did the Governor General resign today?

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2021 10:15 PM

R77 Because she is an abusive rager and many many people gave her up in a top secret job review report! Escandalo!!

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2021 4:21 AM

R77 What R78 said. Basically a few months back a ton of staff at Rideau Hall came forward to the CBC with allegations of workplace harassment by the GG and her Principal Secretary. Trudeau ordered an investigation and when he go the report back this week, it was felt there was no option but to ask the GG to resign or he'd have the Queen fire her. There's a thread about her here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 23, 2021 2:11 AM

R79 I didnt realize the GG staff went to the CBC. Remember when ppl @ CBC knew what an abusive douchebag Jian Ghomeshi was...yet because Q was a big show no one did anything about him for a long time...I think until there were external women coming fwd. And isnt it funny now the ex-GGs PR bitch has retained Marie Henein as council.

by Anonymousreply 80January 23, 2021 3:32 AM

R80 The irony of the CBC investing a toxic work environment is pretty strong here, but apparently the staff had gone to numerous different outlets and it was only the CBC that looked into them. Also it's the GG's 'PR bitch' who hired Marie Henein it was her Principal Secretary (and best friend) who is effectively the second in command. Her hiring of Henein seems to suggest she is expecting legal action OR she's going to sue the government for wrongful dismissal.

by Anonymousreply 81January 23, 2021 3:48 AM

Yes r81 I totally agree. Can't wait for all the fallout here! I have had so many shitty bosses I am overjoyed to see assholes get their comeuppance!

by Anonymousreply 82January 23, 2021 3:54 AM

r79 Trudeau enjoys a lack of critical coverage even above & beyond most pols. The media knew she had issues, but they didn't report it at the time of her appointment. They should've because she cost the taxpayer hundreds of thousands with the bullshit she pulled with the RCMP. They complained about it early on, but the PM ignored that.

by Anonymousreply 83January 23, 2021 2:12 PM

R83 Trudeau enjoys a lack of critical coverage? Um with the exception of the Toronto Star & to a lesser extend the CBC, every media outlet in the country loathes him, always have. People who say that are typically the same morons that say the media in canadian is so left-wing when in fact every outlet in the country is now owned by large conservative leaning corporations.

And the media did report on Payette's past days after she was appointed. Within days of her being announced, the Globe & Mail picked up a story the story that her ex-husband had filed assault charges against her (which were later dropped) . Then a few days later reports surfaced of Payette had hit and killed a pedestrian in the US. Payette's issues with previous employers only surfaced in the media after CBC broke the story about what was happening at Rideau Hall.

Trudeau has a propensity for creating his own problems and Payette is just another example of that. Despite his statements that she was vetted, she clearly wasn't. He was star struck at the idea of her as GG that he leap at the chance before allowing the Privy Council to conduct due course and see if she was a good fit. And the reason Trudeau is still ahead in the polls is only because the alternatives are seen as being worse by most Canadians. Remember he went from having one of the largest majorities in 20 years to a minority. He's the first PM in generations to have lost so many seats after just one term .

by Anonymousreply 84January 23, 2021 5:34 PM

Can we save the Trudeau/Payette talk for the thread about it....this is supposed to be just a fun gossip thread not a political one.

by Anonymousreply 85January 23, 2021 5:38 PM

Nothing on DL fave Connor Jessup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2021 5:42 PM

Dan Levy hosting SNL 2/6/20

by Anonymousreply 87January 23, 2021 5:50 PM

Schitt's Creek was set in Canada, Dan Levy 'fessed up in interviews. I wonder why they never dropped in local or national references regarding gossip. It would have enhanced the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 88January 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Do you have a link, R85?

by Anonymousreply 89January 23, 2021 6:03 PM

R88 The location of Schitt's Creek was always meant to be vague to serve the plot, the fact that the town is so disconnected from any form of reality that the Rose family knows. It didn't really matter what country it was set in.

by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2021 7:09 PM

Okay so totally random but I used to work with Tanner Zipchen. Anyone who ever went to a Cineplex Theatre over the last few years likely saw him as the pre-show host who was ultimately fired last year just before the pandemic I think. Anyways I worked at Cineplex's head office in Toronto from 2014 until 2019 in Customer Loyalty and Entertainment Services. He was a total diva (he is straight and has a wife btw) and really unpleasant to deal with.

Originally he won a contest to be the new host of the pre-show. It was basically meant to be a one year gig aimed at getting the winner national exposure and it wasn't paid, just given a year's worth of scene points (the former loyalty program at Cineplex) and all his expense were paid for e.g. flights, hotels, clothes for celeb interviews. After his year was up, Cineplex kept him on and started paying him. Apparently he became increasingly difficult to deal, demanding more money, wanting more airtime (he was removed from timeplay the pre-show trivia after a while which pissed him off) and was allegedly super rude to the crew.I left before he was canned, but I was not surprised when I finally heard it.

After he was fired, he came forward about the exploitative practices surrounding Cineplex and he was totally right about the fact it's a shitty company, but I think he exaggerated a lot. He claimed he had to fight to get a salary after he was asked to continue being host when the year of the contest was up, but I think the issue was he was only being paid as a part-time employee and he wanted full time. He did backtrack some of his claims, because I heard through the rumour mill Cineplex was considering legal action.

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2021 7:39 PM

R91 Pre-COVID, I used to go to the movies all the time and I certainly remember seeing this guy. I thought he was kind of cute. I do remember when he was fired there was a stink about it on Twitter with lots of people angry with Cineplex. But I did come across a few posts from people who claimed he was a piece of work but I just thought it was probably "Twitter crazies" so this is interesting to hear that they might be true. Ironically, Cineplex got a ton of bad PR about it and then COVID hit and really they wouldn't have had to fire him because they could have just laid him off and then never hired him back.

by Anonymousreply 92January 24, 2021 3:32 AM

Extremely Canadian sounding youtuber and Washington Post columnist J.J McCullough. If y'all are in to nerdy gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 24, 2021 4:48 AM

I remember Tanner r91. I always thought he had such a unique name. I never thought he was anything special (aside from his name) and, when he was fired, well, it wasn't surprising, really. He wasn't that great. Certainly not worth tweeting about. He had a nice gig for a few years and, from what you have told us, he had it really good. It would have ended with COVID anyway, so maybe Cineplex did him a favour. And wasn't Cineplex bought out anyway? So he probably would have been fired anyway.

If he was a diva like you say he was, and I have no reason to doubt you, I don't feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 94January 24, 2021 6:17 AM

On the subject of movie hosts, I used to work at Astral Media before the Bell takeover and I used to run into Teri Hart a few times. I was never a big fan of her and I always expected her to be a diva/bitch, but she was always friendly and professional, and she was a lot funnier than her television persona.

by Anonymousreply 95January 24, 2021 6:20 AM

R91 Thanks for this information. I used to work at TIFF and he had a bad rap of being a bit full of himself. I had heard whispers that there were issue between him and Cineplex regarding money and that he felt he was the 'face of the company' and should be paid more.

R94 A few months before Tanner Zipchen was fired, Cineplex was bought out by a British company called Cineworld. I always thought his being fired had more to do with that than anything else. However, Cineworld backed out of the deal several months after it was announced (likely due to COVID), and Cineplex is now in the middle of a lawsuit with them. Cineplex has been struggling for years, and I really don't seem them lasting much longer given lockdowns and the move towards more online streaming. Going to see movies in the theatre is going to likely be a much smaller thing after COVID. Sadly, I think the days of massive theatre complexes showing multipule movies is going to be a thing of the past. They will still exist but in a smaller way mostly for movies enthusiasts.

by Anonymousreply 96January 24, 2021 8:02 PM

I know we said no politics but I here's some buzz from Ottawa that might be interesting. My husband works for the CBC Ottawa bureau and here's what's being talked about:

It's believe Julie Payette (the Governor General just forced to resign) was in a lesbian relationship with her Principal Secretary (who also resigned). While Governors General routinely bring in their own secretary, it's usually someone from the public service who has extensive constitutional knowledge. It raised some eyebrows when Payette hired her 'best friend' and they lived together at Rideau Gate (a house of the grounds of Rideau Hall). It's thought this one of the reasons Payette didn't want to move into Rideau Hall was because of the lack of privacy. The Governor General has a small apartment on the second floor of Rideau Hall that is easily accessed by staff. It's believe there are references to Payette's relationship, it will likely be redacted in the report handed out to the public in a few weeks time.

There have rumours since before the 2019 election that Justin and Sophie have separated. Sophie appears to live at Harrington Lake, the official Prime Minister's official cottage, while Justin is living ar Rideau Cottage. The children appear to commute back and forth. It's believe the couple will stay together as long as Trudeau is in politics since a divorce might damage his image with some voters, and Sophie likes the doors that are open from being the Prime Minister's wife. Even before COVID, Sophie's official appearances with her husband dwindled noticeably in the last few years, and its been noted (though never spoken outloud) in media circles that since she got COVID in March 2020, the only reason Justin didn't get it was because they weren't near each other.

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2021 3:34 AM

There are rumours in Toronto's newsrooms that Doug Ford skipped the queue and has already been vaccinated against COVID.

by Anonymousreply 98January 26, 2021 3:59 PM

Do they think we’re stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote]There have rumours since before the 2019 election that Justin and Sophie have separated.

... there was the same rumour for Stephen and Laureen Harper; just being regurgitated ....

by Anonymousreply 100January 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Marci Ien is a fake cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2021 4:45 PM

R100 I actually believe the Justin/Sophie rumours more than the Harper ones. Trudeau's kids often come and stay with him at Rideau Cottage, but Sophie remains at Harrington Lake. Also it's kind of telling that while Sophie got COVID, Justin didn't. She had been back in Canada for over a week before she was tested.

by Anonymousreply 102January 26, 2021 4:59 PM

I've asked before, but does anyone have any gossip about reporters/news anchors? Evan, Vassey, Rosemary Barton, Lisa LaFlamme, etc..?

by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2021 7:59 PM

R20 Lisa LaFlamme was married to a man very briefly many years ago. I know she lives in the Yonge/Eglinton area of Toronto but have no idea if she lives with a partner or not.

Rosemary Barton

by Anonymousreply 104January 27, 2021 4:22 PM

Anyone here think this is true? If it is, holy fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2021 6:18 AM

Probably r105. By then we will have our own vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Europe has to save all those vaccines for the Muslims that have taken over their countries.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2021 1:19 PM

So that's another whole year of lockdowns at least, R106. That's crazy. I don't think people will go along for that much longer.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2021 2:49 PM

R105 very likely true. Even if we were on schedule with receiving vaccines, the idea we'd reaching herd immunity by September was always too ambitious for one simple reasons: the provinces. While the Federal Government (Trudeau) is responsible for ordering vaccines, it's the jurisdictional purview of each province to distribute them. The three largest provincial governments in Canada (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec) are completely and utterly inept. Ontario failed in it's distribution of the flu vaccine (they ordered less than the previous year despite being in a pandemic with increased demand), and they admitted today that they were over reporting (by over 50%) how many people have actually been vaccinated to that (added to that for weeks more than half of Ontario's vaccine supply has been sitting in freezers at risk of expiring).

R108 The irony is we wouldn't actually have to be in lockdowns if it weren't for the half ass jobs by the provinces. The only provinces in the country that have gotten this right most of the time is the Atlantic Provinces, why, because the premieres banned together and let scientists call the shots.

The only good thing out of all this, is I expect most governments in power right now (Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba for sure) will vote out the conservative governments there.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2021 6:49 PM

The fking UCP has to go. Kenny is basically retarded and has done nothing useful. I hope Rachel Notley gets back in she is the only AB Premier in decades to actually do a decent job.

by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2021 8:41 PM

R110 the UCP seems to be doomed in AB. They are double points behind the NDP and the NDP are evening leading in Calgary now....that's unheard off. In Ontario, Ford is just narrowly ahead of the Liberals (that is saying something because the new Liberal leader is so low key people don't know his name) which says to me Ford is also on his way out.

by Anonymousreply 111January 28, 2021 8:43 PM

Alberta will soon be like Tennessee, R110. The problem is not only Kenney, but oil and gas workers themselves don't want to transition, don't want to take other jobs, and don't want training. They all want to make 200K a year though.

by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2021 8:44 PM

R110 here. As someone who has worked in oilpatch tho not exclusively over my career, I can assure you people just want to WORK! And most people want a blended energy solution and are not rah, rah fossil fuel diehards. Of course these narrow-minded folks are the ones who get the press. But I can assure you, pre-covid and for many years before, the cubes in those towers were filled with people welcoming a more climate-friendly industry and transition to green energy as well. Problem is the E-suite and their fixation on billion dollar profits. Cut this, cut that. Do more with less - people, budget, equipment, basic fking post it notes. All so they can turn a huge profit at the expense of good people. It's a real shit show for the avg patch worker and not that much fun...even at +100k/yr.

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2021 9:42 PM

That's good to hear, R113, but all I ever hear is oil and patch guys not wanting green energy jobs because they don't pay enough.

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2021 10:26 PM

Well r114, it is redneck central and north, and bible belt south so..I mean yes, there are plenty of Trumptards and covidiots too. But there are a lot of reasonable people too, who are for progress and would be happy if a clean energy transition happens fast. And know its not all abt a big paycheque. Btw, the rates have fallen significantly since 2009. I'm talking like $30/hr decreases.

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2021 11:08 PM

This isn't gossip, so sorry, but also re: oilpatch - those fking huge companies who have made billions in profits over many decades should be the ones LEADING the clean/blended energy transition, and they could do it within 5 yrs, but they will never do it unless required by legislation. Sad, but true. So...we wait...

by Anonymousreply 116January 30, 2021 4:39 AM

To the dan levy poster - have you ever heard he’s non-binary? That’s what some other poster is insisting on another thread?

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2021 11:05 PM

My only real piece of gossip is that I have a friend who claims to have fucked around with CTV/CP24 reporter Kyle Christie before he was married (to a woman)

by Anonymousreply 118March 5, 2021 11:26 PM

I know I've asked before, but does anyone here have any insight into Warren Kinsella? He seems smart, but totally unhinged. Has he always been so toxic?

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2021 3:37 AM

I'm asking because Kinsella and pollster Frank Graves (EKOS) are in a sort of war on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2021 3:40 AM

R119 Yes, he’s always been an asshole. He also hasn’t had much political success since the Chrétien years.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2021 3:41 AM

I’m friends with Noah Reid’s parents.

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2021 3:42 AM

LMAO.

[quote] The Prince of Darkness is a Potemkin village of manufactured rage .I sleep great and the last thing I worry about is your febrile , narcissistic rantings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2021 3:43 AM

Ah, that explains it, R122.

I've listened to Warren before (when he was volunteering for Biden and thought he seemed highly intelligent) but a bit nuts about Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2021 3:45 AM

The whole Kinsella family are assholes. His SIL works (or used to work?) at York. She would have her ugly mug on TV everyday during the strikes.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2021 3:46 AM

Anyone ever work at Newstalk 1010 here?

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2021 3:48 AM

Oh shit! Kinsella was fired?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2021 3:48 AM

R127 Very very old news,

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2021 3:49 AM

Has anyone laid eyes on Julie Payette since she quit? Like has she been seen walking down the street or whatever?

And was she romantically involved with her fat female deputy?

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2021 3:50 AM

I had no idea, R128. WK always talks about working with Chrétien.

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2021 3:51 AM

R125, what about his ex, Lisa Kirbie? She seems alright.

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2021 3:54 AM

I could never understand anything about the Jian Ghomeshi story. It seems like he attacked virtual strangers. Would you only want to beat someone you knew who really pushed your buttons? Can he leave the country and try to start over somewhere else?

by Anonymousreply 132March 24, 2021 3:56 AM

R131 Lisa is a good person. I’ve had the pleasure of working with her.

by Anonymousreply 133March 24, 2021 4:02 AM

Thanks, R133, she does seem very nice and professional. I wonder what she ever saw in Warren.

by Anonymousreply 134March 24, 2021 5:02 AM

R132 Jian Ghomeshi is a sexual sadist. Think Paul Bernardo lite. A violent and dark sould who masqueraded as an obsequious cunt for years, which fit in well with the CBC horse-blinders culture where his star status made him practically invulnerable. His antics were escalating rapidly in the few years before he was charged. Of course, those women didn't help themselves by flirting and cajoling him even AFTER their assaults, which makes it a hard sell for a court, but does not discount his heinous behaviour. Heinous > Hein > Marie Henein. Just struck me...a little wordplay and look what you get!

"Sexual sadism disorder is the condition of experiencing sexual arousal in response to the extreme pain, suffering or humiliation of others."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 24, 2021 5:05 AM

r122 - and? any stories for us?

revive this thread everyone!

by Anonymousreply 136March 24, 2021 3:23 PM

Kinsella is claiming that the contracts awarded to EKOS by the Feds weren't competitive and plans on writing some big expose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 24, 2021 4:40 PM

Seems like a bunch of drama over nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 24, 2021 4:41 PM

Guy who knows Noah Reid’s parents here. They’re very powerful in the academic world so I have some academia related gossip if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 139March 24, 2021 5:34 PM

Spill, R139.

by Anonymousreply 140March 24, 2021 5:44 PM

Who is Brian Mulroney’s male side piece?

by Anonymousreply 141March 24, 2021 5:51 PM

r139 i'll take academia gossip.

by Anonymousreply 142March 24, 2021 5:54 PM

York is such a shit show behind the scenes. The senior administration are majorly incompetent

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2021 1:50 AM

The Ottawa and surrounding communities were shocked by the allegations against CTV Ottawa weatherman J.J. Clarke who was our weatherman for 35 years. A kinder man you would never meet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Anyone have him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2021 4:59 AM

R139 My boyfriend went to OCAD where Noah's parents teach, I'd love to know.

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2021 5:29 AM

R143 I went to York and yeah the place is such a huge joke. But Noah's parents teach at OCAD not York.

by Anonymousreply 147March 25, 2021 5:30 AM

Are Noah’s parents a big deal? Like what’s their reputation?

by Anonymousreply 148March 25, 2021 12:03 PM

Not actually affiliated with CUPE.

by Anonymousreply 149March 25, 2021 2:56 PM

R148 His parents are both tenure faculty at OCAD University in Toronto. His mother, Doreen, also served as the interim Dean of Faculty of Design for a period. There was some gossip about his dad in the previous thread I think.

by Anonymousreply 150March 25, 2021 3:54 PM

yes that his dad was rumored to be gay - right?

by Anonymousreply 151March 25, 2021 4:41 PM

R151 I think it was implied he had a fling with a student but we don't know the gender of the student...again implied just to cover our butts legally.

by Anonymousreply 152March 25, 2021 6:43 PM

R144 who did this JJ Clarke threaten? Men or women or a mix? And what was the dispute about? Jilted romance or property? Can't tell from the article. Any reason he changed his name to JJ Clarke?

by Anonymousreply 153March 25, 2021 7:13 PM

Ohh r152 - got it

by Anonymousreply 154March 25, 2021 9:08 PM

The Kinsella’s are the original Karen’s. Always calling the cops about something and threatening to sue.

by Anonymousreply 155March 27, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote] The Kinsella’s are the original Karen’s.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 156March 27, 2021 2:45 PM

R156 = Warren

by Anonymousreply 157March 27, 2021 2:46 PM

Wow R144!

I grew up in Ottawa and JJ Clarke was as much a fixture on local television and charity events as Max Keeping. What’s happened to him is really sad (living in motels and out of his car?). I hope he gets the help he deserves, he’s done a lot for the local community over the years.

by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2021 2:51 PM

More drama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 27, 2021 3:11 PM

Max Keeping would also have been a good topic for this thread, R158, between the penchant for young trade and the booze.

by Anonymousreply 160March 28, 2021 1:47 PM

Albertans have a strange sense of entitlement. Not the brightest bunch either from my experiences in business.

by Anonymousreply 161March 28, 2021 6:34 PM

Albertans are awful people in general, R161, but there are some good ones. One of the best is Max Fawcett. Anyone here know anything about him? Not only is he cute, I love his sense of humour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 28, 2021 6:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 28, 2021 7:48 PM

I have some Toronto charity tea if anyone's interested.

by Anonymousreply 164March 29, 2021 1:24 AM

Spill r164 please!!

by Anonymousreply 165March 29, 2021 2:21 AM

What's the scuttlebutt on the Sherman murders?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 29, 2021 2:23 AM

I have the biggest crush on François-Philippe Champagne. He's adorable and I love his accent. Does anyone think he'd be a good choice for Liberal leader after JT steps down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 31, 2021 9:36 PM

anything on andrew cividino?

by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2021 6:11 PM

I had a social meeting (not a date or anything weird) with Evan Solomon once, and he is the single rudest human being I have ever met in my life. Number One. He treated me like shit, interrupted me constantly and kept saying “I bet that someone like you would think/like/believe...”. He was never correct but unshakeably confident. He is not particularly well-educated, and my impression was that he was brought up as a little prince and a spoiled brat. And he met me under “pleasant” circumstances. I was delighted when his art stuff ended his career...and disappointed to see that he has mounted a comeback. He is a braying jackass.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2021 7:00 PM

When is Peter Nyland going to prison? He raped that beautiful model, Beverly Peele and impregnated her! How many women has he allegedly assaulted?

by Anonymousreply 170April 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Peter Nygard...he is in jail now as far as I have read, and is so decrepit he will either die before trial or go to trial and die in prison. I favour a death before trial just to save the money. There is no doubt he is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Are the mayors of Calgary and Winnipeg gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2021 4:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2021 4:58 AM

R172 Brian Bowman the Mayor of Winnipeg has a wife and two kids.........but yeah, I get major vibes from him.

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2021 4:59 AM

I get vibes from both, R174!

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2021 5:00 AM

Speaking of gay Winnipeg mayors, what's Glen Murray doing these days? Is he still with the Ont. Libs?

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2021 5:10 AM

Nenshi might be gay, or A or celibate. Who cares? He is a great mayor.

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2021 5:54 AM

Nenshi deserves better than Calgary. Poor fucker, I'd nope out of there too.

by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2021 5:59 AM

Nenshi has always said he doesn't have federal ambitions but we could use him there.

by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2021 6:04 AM

My friend used to work at Lisa MacLeod’s office. She is allegedly emotional unstable and abusive to staff. My friend rose from entry level to the management ranks within 2 years because the office turn over was so high.

Lisa is allegedly not well liked by many Cabinet colleagues including fundie closet case Monte McNaughton. There are also rumours that Ford family friend, Michael Tibolo will not run for re-election in 2022 after a series of demotions.

by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2021 12:58 AM

R180 A bitch from Pictou county? I've never heard of such a thing....

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2021 1:05 AM

The founder of the right wing consultant practice, Crestview Strategy Group is gay. Sooo many homos in Canadian conservative politics

by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2021 2:38 AM

Does anyone think Mark Carney speaking at the Liberal convention is a signal of something?

by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2021 2:47 AM

R183 Yes, he’s strongly considering running in the next election

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2021 2:50 AM

Speaking of Ford, WTF is he doing with this US Colonial hair?? Ridiculous! (There's a better pic with it longer, but I cannot link it to display.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2021 3:13 AM

Man Dougie’s now as fat or fatter than his brother. Hope he isn’t doing the crack as well.

by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2021 11:41 AM

Did anyone watch Carney's speech tonight? Seems like he's going to run. Of course, the Cons are furious and the vile PP had a twitter meltdown over it, lmao.

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2021 2:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2021 2:57 AM

Conservative statement.

I think they're jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2021 3:01 AM

“Chased” out of the United Kingdom? They wanted Carney to STAY and even extended his term as governor for the Bank of England.

Only the Brexiteers wanted him gone because he dared to tell the truth that Brexit would wreck the UK’s economy.

by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2021 1:55 PM

Why is it pronounce Regina like vagina and not Regeeena like normal?

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2021 6:03 PM

Because R191, Regina is a Canadian city, not a sassy black woman.

by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2021 10:38 PM

We sometimes call it The Vag.

by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2021 10:45 PM

As sassy black women everywhere breathe a collective sigh of relief!

by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2021 11:22 PM

Kurt Browning got vaccinated yesterday (he posted on IG and Twitter). Now if only he can keep it in his pants......

by Anonymousreply 195April 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Do the Liberals have any realistic plans on how to pay for anything?

by Anonymousreply 196April 12, 2021 2:12 AM

r196, The budget is April 18th I believe.

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2021 2:21 AM

None of the stuff in their convention will actually happen, guys. Call me a cynic, but it'll be talked about and talked about and talked about but there'll be no pharmacare, no universal childcare, no UBI.

by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2021 2:42 AM

It’s telling that economic issues were near the bottom of Liberal members’ concerns according to resolution votes. And, no, not a conservative

by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2021 2:53 AM

Will Trudeau be re-elected in the next federal election? What do you think? I am pretty pissed off about not being vaccinated for the next three months, but there is no one else to vote for. I mean, voting Conservative is inconceivable.

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2021 2:55 AM

Yes, I think he'll win again, R200. Covid is out of control again and I blame the feds and the provinces. The thing is, there's no other choice right now. I live in a swing riding, so I might vote Green because I'm not that thrilled with anyone and I'd never vote Conservative.

Normally I'd be a Liberal voter, but I don't like the Libs environmental policies. Like a lot of things, the Libs (and any government, really) are all talk no action. I have zero problem with the carbon tax, but you can't expect people to pay a carbon tax and continue to subsidize the oil and gas industry, imo. Fuck Alberta and Sask, stop pandering to their bullshit - but the Libs won't. They'll pander and pander and it won't win them any votes. Makes no sense to me at all.

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2021 3:05 AM

I think it will be another minority and he will resign. I won't for the Liberals if he's leader. I won't vote for anybody else, either. just won't vote.

by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]no universal childcare, no UBI.

That was pandering, and makes liberal voters feel oh so very woke. Won't happen, just trotting out the 'all the feels'.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2021 3:19 AM

He needs to resign after the next election (whenever that is). No way should he run again. The Libs need another leader, and it shouldn't be Freeland either. I was on team Freeland for a while, but she just doesn't have the charisma. She's an asset, but not PM material. I hope the Libs have someone else in mind.

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2021 3:20 AM

Fuck childcare. Fraus can pay for it themselves

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2021 3:25 AM

R198 100% agree. Economically the Liberals and the Conservatives are far more alike than a lot of Liberal voters want to realize. Don't get my wrong I'd rather Trudeau be PM than O'Toole but Trudeau Liberals are all pandering and vote catching, but never follow through.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2021 4:09 AM

All governments are the same, R206, all talk, no action. The Liberals have been talking about universal childcare and pharmacare for how many decades now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2021 5:01 AM

I don't mind Trudeau, but any federal election is shit vs. diarrhea. So, what to do...but isn't this the Canadian way? Chose which chaffes less?

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2021 5:54 AM

Ugh. That O'Toole is on now. I can't stand him. I think he's even worse than Scheer!

by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2021 2:06 PM

O'Toole has resorted to getting his kid involved. 🙄

The kid should be left alone, but the wife is fair game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 12, 2021 2:19 PM

We were so obsessed with Scott Moir, that we must have let this cutie slip through our fingers. I hope he recovers....anyone got any dirt on him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 25, 2021 1:19 AM

Googled him this morning. No evidence of spouse in his wiki bio. 31 years old I think. Quite big tits.

by Anonymousreply 212April 25, 2021 3:26 AM

He's not attractive so I don't care if he's gay, but I hope he survives covid.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2021 4:32 AM

R213 beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think he's cute. But like R212 I googled him and yeah there's nothing on his personal life at all.

by Anonymousreply 214April 25, 2021 4:31 PM

R211 Just an update that Alex is out of the hospital and back home but still requires oxygen.

In other Canadian gossip, does anyone here follow CTV's Todd Van der Heyden on IG? Just asking because he's been posting a lot of 'thirsty' stories. There is a very suggestive one on his reels where he's hanging a light fixture. I'm assuming he and his (much younger) partner are open.

by Anonymousreply 215May 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Anything about Andrew Nichols?

by Anonymousreply 216May 21, 2021 3:30 AM

R216 Gay & gay. Is good friends with Todd Van der Heyden and I've heard rumours he is also a bit pervy.

by Anonymousreply 217May 21, 2021 3:32 AM

Any gossip on what the actual allegations against Major-General Dany Fortin are?

by Anonymousreply 218May 21, 2021 5:39 PM

Any gay gossip on Fortin?

by Anonymousreply 219May 21, 2021 6:59 PM

Is Andrew cividino gay?

by Anonymousreply 220May 21, 2021 7:04 PM

I'm watching Andrew Nichols right now, he's cute. So is Michael Serapio, any gossip about him?

by Anonymousreply 221May 21, 2021 7:06 PM

It's not exciting insight, but Michael Serapio and I have mutual friends, and he's always seemed really nice the few times we've chatted over the years.

by Anonymousreply 222May 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Wow, is O'Toole's wife ever heavy. She's gained a lot of weight lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 23, 2021 11:48 PM

R223 She probably woke up one morning and realized she's married to Eric O'Toole. Meanwhile Sophie gets that massive Trudeau cock.....I'd drink a lot too if I were hr.

by Anonymousreply 224May 24, 2021 1:47 AM

Any gossip on CBC News anchor, David Common?

by Anonymousreply 225May 26, 2021 11:10 PM

I'm watching him right now, and I don't like him, R225. I'll take the bald cutie from Newfoundland any day over him.

by Anonymousreply 226May 26, 2021 11:11 PM

David Common is so robotic. He has big dick face though

by Anonymousreply 227May 26, 2021 11:15 PM

David Cochrane is the cute newfie I was thinking of. Any gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 228May 26, 2021 11:19 PM

So we never found out what really happened to Chris Hyndman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 26, 2021 11:22 PM

David Common has a huge uncut cock

by Anonymousreply 230May 26, 2021 11:37 PM

The Green Party of Canada is so desperate. They're allegedly canvassing outside vaccination places within the Toronto Centre riding. Suze Morrison from the ONDP too (allegedly).

by Anonymousreply 231May 26, 2021 11:40 PM

Can't wait to vote Suze Morrison out. She's done shit for the community.

by Anonymousreply 232May 26, 2021 11:48 PM

I hate Canada Tonight on CBC News Network. It feels so tokenistic

by Anonymousreply 233May 26, 2021 11:56 PM

r221 Michael Serapio used to live in my building. He seemed like a nice guy.

I wonder if Ron McLean will get fired.

by Anonymousreply 234May 26, 2021 11:56 PM

R230, did you give David Common a blowjob?

by Anonymousreply 235May 27, 2021 12:31 PM

R225 David Common has a wife and two daughters.

R229 Steven Sabados stated a year or so after Chris' death something like he will never know what actually happened that night. I think the reality is that Chris did have mental health issues but also was a sleepwalker. There was no note left and that's it. So I believe Sabados is being honest when he says he's not entirely sure what happened.

by Anonymousreply 236May 27, 2021 5:55 PM

R229 & R236 This is an interview with Steven Sabados a year after Chris died. Here's what he says:

"That night was just a tragic accident that shattered my life." A cause of death was never revealed by police in Toronto, who did not pursue a criminal investigation and declined to discuss Hyndman's death. Though Hyndman's mother has said she believes he died while sleepwalking, "that's not what I think. It's what Glenda had stated," said Sabados.

When someone dies of suicide in Ontario, police do no release any details to the general public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 27, 2021 11:21 PM

Who has had dan levy?

by Anonymousreply 238May 27, 2021 11:58 PM

I used to work with Michael Serapio at CTV. He is a very nice, decent guy, friendly. And I admire that he's persevered and hung on in a tough business, especially in Canada where there's really no money to be made.

by Anonymousreply 239May 28, 2021 12:41 AM

Tell me the mayor of Winnipeg isn't gay?

by Anonymousreply 240May 28, 2021 5:28 PM

He's on CBC news network right now.

by Anonymousreply 241May 28, 2021 5:28 PM

R240, Brian Bowman definitely pings. He's married to a woman and they have 2 children, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 242May 29, 2021 12:10 PM

Any Seamus O Regan gossip? His hubby is pretty cute. Do they have an open marriage?

by Anonymousreply 243May 31, 2021 2:29 AM

I got invited to a virtual gala for the Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce

by Anonymousreply 244May 31, 2021 3:43 AM

Do you have to be a 10 on the looks scale to work at the CGLCC?

by Anonymousreply 245May 31, 2021 3:56 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 246June 2, 2021 4:14 AM

Happy Pride, bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 2, 2021 4:20 AM

Oh, please, R247.

by Anonymousreply 248June 2, 2021 4:21 AM

R248 You don’t think it’s sincere? /s

by Anonymousreply 249June 2, 2021 4:24 AM

Does anybody have any info on Julie Payette? It is like she disappeared since ahe resigned.

by Anonymousreply 250June 2, 2021 4:53 AM

Is that Rempel cunt mentally ill? There's gotta be some gossip on her. Spill if you have any.

by Anonymousreply 251June 2, 2021 5:09 AM

R251 She’s been pressing the government about over turning the blood ban.

by Anonymousreply 252June 2, 2021 5:46 AM

She seems insane, R252, and drunk or stoned in half of her zoom appearances.

by Anonymousreply 253June 2, 2021 5:50 AM

R247, the Conservative Party only recently came around to supporting gay marriage. Stephen Harper and almost all other Conservative MP's opposed gay marriage when Parliament passed it in 2005. They also opposed the sexual orientation hate crimes bill.

by Anonymousreply 254June 2, 2021 12:13 PM

I am a total centrist... you guys would call me a fascist... I would trust the Conservative party as far as I could throw it.

by Anonymousreply 255June 2, 2021 1:59 PM

Christine Elliott will be shuffled out as Ontario Health Minister. She’s not running for re-election next year.

by Anonymousreply 256June 2, 2021 9:07 PM

R256 is this confirmed or just word on the street? This wouldn't surprise me. There have been rumours for a while know she's not in good shape.

by Anonymousreply 257June 2, 2021 11:10 PM

R257 It’s word on the street. Apparently, Ford’s buddy, Michael Tibolo won’t run again either.

by Anonymousreply 258June 2, 2021 11:16 PM

Wouldn't surprise me. PCs are polling below the threshold they need to achieve a majority and with the the NDP and LIbs both tired around 25% each the strategic vote will likely oust Ford.

by Anonymousreply 259June 2, 2021 11:25 PM

What is the appeal of Andrea Horwath? I can’t imagine the Liberals won’t take back ridings like Toronto-Centre

by Anonymousreply 260June 2, 2021 11:43 PM

Is Trudeau going to be re elected?

by Anonymousreply 261June 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 262June 3, 2021 2:08 AM

I hear the same rumours about Elliott, I think we can count on that.

I would love University Rosedale, where I live, to go back to the Liberals. We've got some hardcore NDP loony now. I think last time was just a backlash against Wynne (apparently even University Rosedale has its limit, though the redesign may have tipped it toward the NDP because of the demographics at the west end of the new riding. The next provincial election should resolve that question one way or the other.)

I hear rumours Andrea Horwath will resign this month, stepping down after a fall leadership campaign. There was an interesting column in the Toronto Star floated the theory it was time for her to go. Seemed to come out of nowhere, which means someone sharpening his knives induced them to do it. Or it was a slow column day. But Horwath has had a number of kicks at the can. I like her, personally (my loony MPP notwithstanding.) I could see giving her a go in the job. The problem for the NDP is the bench strength for a cabinet. Or at least the perception, because look at the Conservatives FGS.

by Anonymousreply 263June 3, 2021 4:33 AM

I don't see how Trudeau doesn't get re-elected. I'm just not sure whether it's majority or minority. I think a bigger minority. His heart's not in it, he's gaining some significant criticism over Quebec and the constitution, and there's the question about whether the handling of COVID helps or harms. Vaccines going well now. Don't know how long memories are. I think he's out of ideas... always prefer a Liberal gov't in Ottawa tho.

by Anonymousreply 264June 3, 2021 4:35 AM

R264, what's the latest on Quebec & the Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 265June 3, 2021 12:45 PM

So Simu Liu went on a rant on Facebook about the producers of Kim's Convenience. Honestly he came off sounding really whiny and entitled. Any gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 266June 3, 2021 4:21 PM

He reads gay but is apparently straight.

by Anonymousreply 267June 3, 2021 4:35 PM

I work at a university in Ontario. The place is a house of cards and another Laurentian waiting to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 3, 2021 5:43 PM

R268 I worked as administrative staff member at three universities in Ontario over 20 years (Western 1999 to 2005, York University 2005 to 2008 and U of T from 2008 to 2019) before I changed careers and yeah I think most universities in the province are effectively "house of cards" in precarious states and I suspect there will be more like Laurentian. There are numerous reasons for this: lack of proper funding from the government is one (Ontario spends less per student than any other province in Canada). Another is the lack of specialization and over expansion of program offerings. Expansion of campuses despite projected decrease in student populations. Etc. This may be unpopular opinion but Ontario has too many universities that offer too many programs.

by Anonymousreply 269June 3, 2021 5:52 PM

Is our job market shit or what?

by Anonymousreply 270June 3, 2021 6:00 PM

R265, as with all things whenever Quebec has another Jan Brady moment, it's complicated and potentially dangerously emotional.

"The motion would support the Quebec legislature to introduce Bill 96, cementing French as the official language of the province, [italic]regardless if it infringes on the constitutional rights of the anglophone minority in Quebec. [/italic] Section 159 of the bill would insert two clauses into the Constitution Act 1867 as follows: “Quebecers form a nation. French shall be the only official language of Quebec. It is also the common language of the Quebec nation.”

While party leaders in Parliament have said they’d approve the motion, they seemed unaware of the potential fraying of the fabric of Confederation, with both the motion and the hidden details in Bill 96 concerning the potential undermining of the constitutional rights of the anglophone minority in Quebec.

That the unilateral entrenchment of “Quebecers form a nation” could be more powerful than “Quebec as a distinct society” should concern parliamentarians. The concept of “nation” could give rise to claims of at least internal self-determination that goes beyond the goal of French as the sole official language. Even if it’s limited to internal self-determination, what then are the rights of the Indigenous nations in Quebec? How does the entrenchment affect the rights of the English-speaking minority? Are these not worthy of discussion and debate, at least in Parliament, if not across the country?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 4, 2021 1:02 AM

R271 No way in hell the required majority of provincial legislatures would get behind that amendment. The premier of Quebec knows this, it’s just theatre so he can play the victim and run for re-election by fostering grievances against federalism. A complete shitbag.

by Anonymousreply 272June 4, 2021 1:22 AM

But making it tricky for Trudeau is he wants to call an election this fall and he like the other parties, don't want to sacrifice the Quebec votes.

Apparently his decision is high risk.

"If Quebec can reopen constitutional talks, how will the Prime Minister react when other provinces do the same? Indeed, it took Premier Jason Kenney less than a week to welcome Quebec’s move and state that he might use the precedent to introduce “unilateral” constitutional amendments to strengthen Alberta’s autonomy. He had already threatened to propose a constitutional amendment to change the equalization formula. What if New Brunswick makes the same move on its official bilingualism, or Manitoba seeks a constitutional amendment to abolish bilingual legislation?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 4, 2021 2:47 AM

Messing with the Constitution never leads to good things in this country. I am really uneasy about the broken crockery when it's all over.

by Anonymousreply 274June 4, 2021 2:48 AM

Opening the constitution is truly a pandora's box. Other provinces will want stuff, and then there will probably be a debate about should we get rid of the monarchy, and the senate, or codify the Prime Minister's powers etc. Then again, Trudeau is good with making big promises but then never following through.

by Anonymousreply 275June 4, 2021 2:59 AM

He may have a nice ass but he is a goddam fool.

by Anonymousreply 276June 4, 2021 3:03 AM

R273, yeah, the Trudeau Liberals have 35 seats in Quebec and they obviously want to keep them if they are going to beat the Conservatives in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 277June 4, 2021 10:31 AM

The constitution has been a third rail of Canadian politics for more than 40 years, which is why it’s extremely unlikely it’ll ever be amended.

I also don’t think the majority of voters in Quebec want to open this can of worms either, there are much more important things to worry about right now. Expect Trudeau to shower the province in infrastructure funding to buy them off, which is probably what the premier is really wanting anyway.

by Anonymousreply 278June 4, 2021 11:37 AM

He likes to make it seem fake

by Anonymousreply 279June 4, 2021 11:43 AM

At what point, can we tell Quebec to just fuck off? Most of their industries are heavily supported by federal government contracts and grants.

by Anonymousreply 280June 4, 2021 5:26 PM

R269 What made you switch fields? Academia is its own special brand of toxic workplace.

by Anonymousreply 281June 4, 2021 5:29 PM

R281 I wasn't an academic, I was in student support services for most of my career and I just grew tired of it. One of the major reasons was the increasing "corporate mentality" at the governing level of most universities in Ontario. And there absolutely a high level of toxicity in university workplaces particularly with professors, many of whom have absolutely no people skills. U of T and Western were also "old money schools" and stuck up and conservative. York was the worst one of the three (still is I'm told) in terms of the way it as run, location, and the academic standards...which were basically none LOL.

by Anonymousreply 282June 4, 2021 8:29 PM

R282 York is apparently trying to open a medical school now. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 283June 4, 2021 8:50 PM

R283 York has been trying to open a medical school for over a decade but the government has finally agreed to fund it for seasons behind me. York is one of the universities that I would not be surprised if it eventually declared bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 284June 5, 2021 4:30 AM

What happened to Laurentian?

by Anonymousreply 285June 5, 2021 6:35 AM

I think they sold it for a ski hill.

by Anonymousreply 286June 5, 2021 5:20 PM

R285 It declared bankruptcy earlier this year. It laid off a huge percentage of its staff and closed dozens of programs.

by Anonymousreply 287June 5, 2021 6:08 PM

^ Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 288June 6, 2021 12:08 AM

There will be a fall election.

by Anonymousreply 289June 7, 2021 10:09 PM

That O'Toole can't win. There's no way we'd ever elect such a gross pig.

by Anonymousreply 290June 7, 2021 11:11 PM

I think you're probably right, R290... but here's what worries me... Trump, polling, the hearts of men (and some really nasty women.)

I would not want to call the outcome of any election for the next two, maybe five years.

People have been through so much, there is a lot of basically PTSD to resolve, there is anger and frustration and grief that needs an outlet. Politicians often get the blame and they pay on Election Day. What will life look like for a fall election? Hard to say. There could be fourth wave, the extent determined by the number of people who won't be vaccinated. Trudeau's under a lot of pressure about dithering on the border. If he doesn't move soon, he'll wear that. People have long emotional memories and they will be looking for someone to blame. I'd bet you money the mayor of Toronto loses re-election because he's old and a younger person could easily run on the time for a change platform. And win it. Moods shift. Moods are unpredictable. I think there's a bigger mood in society than anyone understands.

I wouldn't want to be an incumbent in the next few years for love nor money. I think the Liberals will get back in, but if it's anything more than an increased majority, I'd be very surprised.

by Anonymousreply 291June 7, 2021 11:51 PM

Yes R291 and they will attack JT relentlessly for his handling of the pandemic, especially how he fucked up the distribution of vaccines and how we’re so far behind other count.....er...oh, wait...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 8, 2021 12:14 AM

Sorry, increased minority. I don't see a majority happening for anybody.

by Anonymousreply 293June 8, 2021 1:41 AM

R293, you're probably right. Unless the Bloc Quebecois collapses again, a Majority in the near future is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 294June 8, 2021 11:57 AM

I wonder if, like Biden, people are craving on some level a kind of calm, modest normalcy... doing what needs to be done but not promising revolution. While we find our footing again. The tone of the campaign will be interesting to watch. Will Trudeau indulge in too much poetry? Maybe. Will O'Toole be too angry? Very likely. Hard to know. It's going to be tricky to read, even with data.

by Anonymousreply 295June 8, 2021 12:00 PM

R290 My parents watch a few Portuguese TV channels and on one of them O'Toole has a daily commercial. Under his name is "LEADER OF THE OFFICIAL OPPOSITION PARTY" It doesn't say he's the leader of the CPC because he knows that will turn off most of the audience.

by Anonymousreply 296June 8, 2021 1:06 PM

Look guys I know there isn't a lot of Canadian gossip out there but can we save the politics for one of the many Trudeau threads? Unless there is gossip about Trudeau being gang banged at the G7, I don't want to talk about this here.

by Anonymousreply 297June 8, 2021 4:14 PM

yes respect to the political talk but back to the sex please.

by Anonymousreply 298June 8, 2021 4:28 PM

Oh, sorry, R297, I forgot you got to decide everything.

by Anonymousreply 299June 8, 2021 5:00 PM

R299 Chill out girl! R297 is right that this is meant to be a sleazy gossip thread not a political one. There are literally a dozen Canadian politics threads right now.

by Anonymousreply 300June 8, 2021 11:47 PM

Yes we want to hear more about the cumdumps in Canada!! SUE US!

by Anonymousreply 301June 9, 2021 12:49 AM

OK will leave the two of you to masturbate over nothing to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 302June 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Does Karl ping?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 9, 2021 7:55 PM

R303 Isn't he Stephen Lecce's boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 304June 9, 2021 10:28 PM

For years, I fucked the “straight” married CEO of one of Canada’s big companies. He would pay me money to piss, shit and beat on him.

by Anonymousreply 305June 9, 2021 11:19 PM

Galen Weston Jr, R305?

by Anonymousreply 306June 9, 2021 11:36 PM

R306 No.

by Anonymousreply 307June 9, 2021 11:59 PM

Tell us, R305, or at least give us a hint.

by Anonymousreply 308June 10, 2021 12:01 AM

What about this guy who killed the muslim family with his car? Nazi symbols on clothing? Home schooled Christian? Sick!

by Anonymousreply 309June 10, 2021 6:46 AM

So it turns out that one of the guys involved in that homophobic attack on Toronto Island is a CFL player.

by Anonymousreply 310June 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Link.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311June 10, 2021 12:16 PM

R305 is it Tobias "Tobi" Lütke, billionaire CEO of Shopify? He's originally from Germany and you know how they are into the Scheiße

by Anonymousreply 312June 10, 2021 1:28 PM

R309 My folks live in London where this happened and they've heard that this guy was known to Police prior but they couldn't do anything.

by Anonymousreply 313June 10, 2021 5:11 PM

WTF is Doug Ford doing now?

by Anonymousreply 314June 10, 2021 9:30 PM

How do you mean, R314?

by Anonymousreply 315June 10, 2021 9:36 PM

The notwithstanding clause, R315.

Big news day today in Canada. Green party MP defected to the Liberals, Jason Kenney is in trouble with his party - again, and Doug Ford is becoming increasingly desperate.

by Anonymousreply 316June 10, 2021 9:40 PM

R316 He's using the notwithstanding clause in an attempt to limit the amount of donations the Liberals and NDP can get in the upcoming election because the PCs have seen a huge drop in donations nice COVID began. Hope Ontario votes this fucker out next year.

by Anonymousreply 317June 10, 2021 9:49 PM

I like Annamie Paul, but I wish that Glen Murray would have become Green party leader. I'm positive that he could win a seat whereas I don't think Paul will.

by Anonymousreply 318June 10, 2021 9:57 PM

R316... oh yeah, heard about that last night. Ford's very worried. Their numbers must be trouble. Sometimes the dye sets and that's why they're trying to show some muscle. Plus, he will have pissed off his base with the announcement of the revived hotspot approach... others may wait. He's trying to throw them something. I don't think he will win again but I wouldn't bet on anything these days.

by Anonymousreply 319June 10, 2021 10:31 PM

The Green Party has gone downhill since Elizabeth May stepped down as leader.

Here's the article on Green MP Jenica Atwin crossing the floor to join the Liberals:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 11, 2021 11:06 AM

Anyone know why the Greens didn't go with Glen? He'd have been awesome as leader, and he's an experienced politician too.

by Anonymousreply 321June 11, 2021 11:45 AM

MP Atwin’s departure the culmination of months of Green Party chaos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 11, 2021 12:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 11, 2021 12:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 11, 2021 12:47 PM

I can't wait to see what's in these docs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 11, 2021 7:08 PM

LMFAO! Mad Max just got arrested!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 11, 2021 7:28 PM

Justin was spouseless at the G7.

by Anonymousreply 327June 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Macron is there, R327. Justin will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 328June 11, 2021 9:33 PM

I see Macron also brought his grandmother again, which was really kind. COVID has been a real nightmare for the shut ins and his devotion is an example to us all.

by Anonymousreply 329June 11, 2021 11:54 PM

This isn't good.

I knew they should have picked Glen Murray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330June 15, 2021 7:05 PM

First the Governor-General, now leader of the NDP; how will we ever survive!

by Anonymousreply 331June 16, 2021 12:53 AM

What about the NDP leader, R331?

by Anonymousreply 332June 16, 2021 6:58 AM

R332, I assume that R331 meant to type 'Green leader'.

by Anonymousreply 333June 16, 2021 9:15 AM

R331 Constitutionally the Governor General role is far more important than the leadership of a very small party that has never one more than one or two seats in the House of Commons.

by Anonymousreply 334June 16, 2021 3:12 PM

R330 But in our woke era, skin colour and gender identity is more important than actual experience. Yes, Glenn is gay, but he's still a white gay, therefore too privileged.

by Anonymousreply 335June 16, 2021 3:14 PM

Annamie Paul survived. For now.

I like Annamie Paul a lot, she's brilliant, but, she's not a good leader.

Glen should have taken leadership of the party and the Greens were fools not to go with him. He's an amazing guy and an excellent and experienced politician. He was the first openly gay mayor of a major N. American city, ffs, and that's a remarkable accomplishment. He in some ways reminds me of Trudeau in that they are both charismatic and can motivate people. I've seen both of them speak at events and they both have an innate ability to capture a room. In fact, out of all the politicians I've seen in person (and it's been a bunch), aside from Ed Brodbent, Glen and Trudeau are the best at that.

Now, the Greens are in disarray and as a Green voters, I'm disheartened. Paul will be running in Toronto Centre, a seat held by the Liberal Marci Len. I don't think there's any way in hell Paul will unseat a Liberal. Glen could have easily won a seat imo, especially in an area like Wolseley, (his home riding, I believe).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 16, 2021 4:25 PM

Oh geez. Annamie Paul's news conference was a fucking disaster. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 337June 16, 2021 9:02 PM

OMG, Canadian politicos, put on CBC network if you have it. This is CRAZY!!

by Anonymousreply 338June 16, 2021 9:08 PM

Evan Solomon's on it too.

by Anonymousreply 339June 16, 2021 9:11 PM

I don't understand, why is Paul blaming Trudeau for her party falling apart?

by Anonymousreply 340June 16, 2021 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 16, 2021 10:12 PM

R341 when all else fails, play the race and/or gender card.

by Anonymousreply 342June 17, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]when all else fails, play the race and/or gender card.

hey, it worked for me!

by Anonymousreply 343June 17, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]Oh geez. Annamie Paul's news conference was a fucking disaster. Holy shit.

I agree. She needs to stop attacking everyone as being racist or sexist just because they disagree with her leadership style.

by Anonymousreply 344June 17, 2021 9:51 AM

Yikes........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 17, 2021 5:34 PM

Gurl's a mess!

by Anonymousreply 346June 17, 2021 7:25 PM

Any gossip about Elliot Hughes?

by Anonymousreply 347June 23, 2021 10:24 PM

New poll out this morning from Abacus shows the Trudeau Liberals increasing support and the Conservatives dropping:

June 24, 2021

Liberals (37%)

Conservatives (27%)

NDP (18%)

BQ (9%)

Greens (5%)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 24, 2021 12:56 PM

What's the scoop on Teryl Rothery?

Is Tyron Leitso out of the closet yet?

Why did Will Sanderson's career stall?

by Anonymousreply 349June 24, 2021 1:01 PM

WTF happened between JWR and Carolyn Bennett?

by Anonymousreply 350June 24, 2021 5:01 PM

No Canadian answers for my queries at R349?

by Anonymousreply 351June 24, 2021 5:02 PM

R350, apparently Carolyn Bennett sent JWR a nasty text message and then apologized.

by Anonymousreply 352June 25, 2021 12:53 PM

Yeah, "pension?", R352. I don't get it. Why'd JWR freak out?

by Anonymousreply 353June 25, 2021 3:15 PM

R349 Teryl Rothery has a really good reputation within the Vancouver industry as being very easy to work with. She is married (to a man) has a daughter whom she had after 40 and apparently was a very rough pregnancy. Her character was killed off on SG-1 because the producers thought it was going to be the show's final season and wanted to have a shocking death. The later regretted this decision when the show was renewed for an eighth season.

by Anonymousreply 354June 25, 2021 4:20 PM

Wow. This whole JWR/Bennett thing sure has blown up.

by Anonymousreply 355June 26, 2021 8:17 AM

Wow, this entire thread is just entirely tragic.

by Anonymousreply 356June 26, 2021 8:30 AM

Here's something that I have no way of proving. My friend tells me that James Bezan, a Con MP from Manitoba is gay and deep in the close. Apparently people were discussing it on Reddit and it's not much of a secret.

by Anonymousreply 357June 26, 2021 8:47 AM

R353/R355, yeah, the text that Carolyn Bennett sent to JWR seems pretty mild.

by Anonymousreply 358June 26, 2021 9:47 AM

I'll be the first to say that the Trudeau government has failed on many Indigenous issues, but I don't see how the word "pension" is racist. It's interesting to me that Warren Kinsella is all over this but not over O'Toole's comments about Canada Day, (especially since he's close friends with JWR).

by Anonymousreply 359June 26, 2021 2:51 PM

R359, JWR seems to like stirring up trouble.

by Anonymousreply 360June 27, 2021 12:13 PM

Catherine McKenna is retiring from politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 27, 2021 8:59 PM

R361 is she the one that Justin was rumoured to have had an affair with prior to the last election?

by Anonymousreply 362June 28, 2021 4:30 AM

R362, I think so.

by Anonymousreply 363June 28, 2021 12:08 PM

R362 & R363 yeah Justin just posted a gushing tribute to her on IG, he's never done that when any other member of the Liberal party have left.

by Anonymousreply 364June 28, 2021 6:29 PM

Resurrecting this thread. It had some good gossip.

by Anonymousreply 365July 9, 2022 12:45 AM

Any new Canadian gossip?

by Anonymousreply 366November 17, 2022 3:03 PM

Austin Grabish moved to San Diego. He apparently still freelances for CBC online, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired for the stuff upthread.

by Anonymousreply 367December 28, 2022 10:57 PM

Are there any new charges against Jacob Hoggard?

by Anonymousreply 368December 28, 2022 11:01 PM

R365 I was about to say, how did I miss this thread? On topic... what's going on with Pamela Sue Anderson these days? She used to always be good for a laugh. Last I heard she stormed out of Big Brother Bulgaria - and then was first to be kicked off Dancing with the Stars because she insisted her dance include her partner (Tristan MacManus) pretending to slap her across the face (they were acting out her own personal domestic abuse story).

by Anonymousreply 369December 28, 2022 11:09 PM

[R367] what will his dry cleaning magnate husband do there? Would an American station truly hire someone like Austin with such a strong Canadian accent?

by Anonymousreply 370January 2, 2023 11:14 PM

Anything on the Canadian actors?

by Anonymousreply 371January 2, 2023 11:15 PM

Any new gossip Canadian DLers?

by Anonymousreply 372February 10, 2024 12:46 PM

Poilievre has come out against puberty blockers for minors... uh, what the point of puberty blockers for adults?

by Anonymousreply 373February 10, 2024 1:28 PM

If you'd dated some of the men I have, R373, you might not wonder.

by Anonymousreply 374February 10, 2024 1:29 PM

The trudeau divorce drama heats up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375February 10, 2024 1:46 PM

and from Nunavut...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376February 10, 2024 4:14 PM

It takes a lot to shock me, but Nunavut has done it. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 377February 10, 2024 6:57 PM

Canadians are becoming as dumb as Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 11, 2024 12:34 AM

According to the poll, conducted between Jan. 29 and Jan. 31, just 3 per cent of respondents said the best way for the Liberal Party to increase its chances of winning the next election would be to keep Mr. Trudeau as leader.

Meantime, 39 per cent said the best option for the party would be to replace him as leader, and 25 per cent said the Liberals could improve their prospects if they focused more on economic issues.

Twenty per cent said the party can do nothing to increase its chances of winning the next election. Six per cent said the Liberals should continue with the current set of policy priorities, and another 6 per cent said they were unsure.

It indicates that even “many Liberal supporters believe the party needs a reboot,” he said.

The poll also shows that both Mr. Trudeau and Mr. Poilievre are polarizing figures, Mr. Nanos said.

Just a quarter of respondents, 25 per cent, said Mr. Trudeau is doing an excellent job as Liberal leader. That’s a 10-point drop from January, 2022. A further 46 per cent said he is doing a poor job, and 28 per cent said his performance is average.

Nearly one in three respondents, 29 per cent, said Mr. Poilievre is doing an excellent job as leader; 41 per cent rated him at a poor job, and 21 per cent said he was average. Eight per cent said they were unsure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379February 12, 2024 1:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!