Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Musto's massive list of all the celebrities he's ever met (with brief asides about many of them)

I can't look away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Him calling Joan Allen "wonderfully weird" has me intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote] Aaron Carter (Mixed up but sweetly vulnerable—and naked)

Wait. What?

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2020 3:51 PM

Not surprised that Ed Koch was "paranoid" - it's sad that he died in the closet

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2020 4:04 PM

Damn. Link gives me an error message.

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2020 4:10 PM

R4, I found you have to click on it a few times before it works.

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2020 4:13 PM

Much like Musto himself, R5

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2020 4:15 PM

I’m surprised James Franco isn’t on the list

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2020 4:28 PM

Sade was severely depressed and it nearly brought him to tears? Wha??? That’s a weird one.

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2020 5:51 PM

I see he conveniently forget drinking champagne out of my waterproof longline. I had it from Esther Williams, who always smelled like fish.

What a fat old man. But a credit to his whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2020 7:51 PM

Oooh, I love this!

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2020 7:55 PM

It’s remarkable how such a sparse write-up can be so rich with information.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2020 8:22 PM

Brilliant capsules. They use use those for those people's tombstones.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2020 8:24 PM

Would have liked some more takedowns.

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2020 8:27 PM

These suck. He’s ass-kissing. What takedowns??

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2020 8:42 PM

Most people are generally pretty nice (especially to members of the press who can really hurt their reputations) and don't require takedowns.

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Much ado about

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2020 8:49 PM

......about nothing. I wish he focused on just10 or 20 of them and wrote a few more sentences on each one.

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2020 8:52 PM

Isn't MM a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2020 9:03 PM

I wish he had put comments on each one. Although I imagine that might have watered the whole thing down.

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2020 9:24 PM

Some of them are reminding me of columns he'd written in the past where he went at length about these encounters. Here's the Anita Ekberg one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2020 9:27 PM

Glenn Close was “very Glenn Close.”

Exactly! What else can one say?

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2020 9:37 PM

The names on the list without details are pointless. This Mary wants tea.

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2020 9:37 PM

The names on the list without details are pointless. This Mary wants tea.

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2020 9:37 PM

That list is far too long for me. Would you be a love and bring me the highlights? Oh, and some smokes. Thanks, Babe.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2020 9:43 PM

I'm not sure why, but Crystal Gayle (Supercilious) was the highlight for me.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2020 9:46 PM

He called Mitzi Gaynor “champagne in human form.” That is such a great compliment

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2020 9:58 PM

Did Musto himself post this? Who else would want to read through a boring list of names?

I got a headache and only got as far as the Ds.

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2020 10:20 PM

No M

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2020 10:22 PM

If you mean Madonna, she's at the end along with others there for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote]Mario Cantone (Always on fire)

Or you could say FLAMING!!!

by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2020 10:29 PM

Oh my God! He hated Dame Edna!

[quote] Dame Edna (Vomit; Barry Humphries is a transphobic toad.)

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2020 10:32 PM

I agree that Morgan Fairchild should be on The View! Not that I watch The View but I follow her on Twitter and she is smart and charming, and still looks like a million bucks.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2020 10:36 PM

He fell for the star power of Lisa Marie Presley? The woman must make quite an impression considering the celebrities he has met.

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2020 10:57 PM

R20, she is dead. He should have let that go. But of course , he won't because he is a cunt. And he would never say something unpleasant about anybody with real power.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2020 11:09 PM

Huh? He says bad things about dead people all the time. So do lots of other gossip columnists and entertainment reporters. "Let it go?" She was a huge european film star of yesteryear known for being bitchy. Plus she comes across as evil/fabulous, and it's a great story that could almost come right out of LA DOLCE VITA itself.

He also trashes lots of powerful people on the list. The entire Trump family, Weinstein, Dunaway, others, etc.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2020 11:19 PM

I thought he was going to have more on Madonna. I’m surprised they didn’t hang out more, especially considering her start in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2020 11:22 PM

He would have sucked up to Weinstein until ca. 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2020 11:25 PM

R35, Dunaway powerful? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2020 11:26 PM

Didn’t you see SUPERGIRL? She can move giant rocks with her mind and shoot laser out of her eyes

by Anonymousreply 39December 21, 2020 11:27 PM

Everybody sucked up to Weinstein until five years ago

by Anonymousreply 40December 21, 2020 11:28 PM

I thought that was a good call out as well R32.

The only thing about The View is the hosts have to be quick on the response (even if it is a stupid response). It is a skill that Joy Behard, for example, even being 78, is pretty good at. I don't know her, so maybe Fairchild would be good at it, but the View is not for someone to listen carefully and give reasoned, thought out responses.

It is often a bitch fest (which can be entertaining so I'm not knocking it).

by Anonymousreply 41December 21, 2020 11:30 PM

I really did love a lot of these, but his referring to Fyvush FinkleI as a “trooper“ is unforgivable. Either that or his copy editor should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 42December 21, 2020 11:36 PM

? R42.

What is wrong with "trooper"?

by Anonymousreply 43December 21, 2020 11:50 PM

[quote]What is wrong with "trooper"?

It's "trouper".

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2020 12:00 AM

Thanks R44. It is interesting to me (in a nerd kind of way):

Which is Right? Acting on stage might not be analogous to carrying out the duties of a brave trooper, but being a trouper has its difficulties. Sometimes actors have to battle through an illness while performing or fight for a part like a "trooper." All in all, if a person is battling something, we realize the more common trooper, instead of trouper, might come to mind. So we won't battle this one out. We're harmless descriptivist lexicographers, and we have enough usage evidence that proves both trouper and trooper are acceptable designations for someone who works very hard, is very reliable, and does not complain when there are problems. Whether you use trouper or trooper in this sense is your call, but trouper is the veteran.

I would have used "trooper" but it appears both basically mean the same thing "though" trouper being more correct in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2020 12:06 AM

Feel free to "oh dear" me over the quote usage.

by Anonymousreply 46December 22, 2020 12:09 AM

Highlights? You want highlights?

[quote] Liza Minnelli (She acts like you’re best friends. There’s no one else in the room when she’s talking to you—and you feel the same way.)

Liza was my mom's favorite singer / performer. I'm glad Liza's still alive and that underneath the surface, she's a wonderful lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2020 12:16 AM

Trouper is derived from working in an acting troupe not a military troop.

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote]Trouper is derived from working in an acting troupe not a military troop.

Exactly, [r48].

[quote]I would have used "trooper" but it appears both basically mean the same thing "though" trouper being more correct in this instance.

They are not interchangeable, [r45]

Troop = military personnel.

Trouper = actor/company/crew

by Anonymousreply 49December 22, 2020 12:34 AM

My direct copy and paste from Merriam-Webster doesn't really say that R49:

[quote]We're harmless descriptivist lexicographers, and we have enough usage evidence that proves both trouper and trooper are acceptable designations for someone who works very hard, is very reliable, and does not complain when there are problems

but feel free to send them an e-mail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 22, 2020 12:41 AM

P.S. - The grammar war is on bitches.

:)

by Anonymousreply 51December 22, 2020 12:41 AM

His comments were surprisingly boring.

by Anonymousreply 52December 22, 2020 12:42 AM

You grammar bitches are the reason why I always come back to DL! Where else in the internets do you find this dedication to righteousness?

by Anonymousreply 53December 22, 2020 12:44 AM

I just hope the posts are taken in the "poke in the rib fun" that they are meant to be taken R53.

The poster who said soda is correct over pop however ....

I'm going to wait until they die and then hate fuck their skull.

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2020 12:53 AM

BESHT FRIENDS

THERE'SH NO ONE ELSHE IN THE ROOM

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2020 12:55 AM

interesting that he’s only met Madonna twice. Seems like she would have been in his orbit when she was still downtown clubbing and trying to get a record deal.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2020 12:56 AM

The fact that he is not commenting on certain famous names - could this be a subtle insult? Like Karl Kraus: “Zu Hitler fällt mir nichts ein.”

by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2020 12:59 AM

I almost once got fixed up on a date with Michael Musto. I was horrified the mutual friend being the yenta thought I couldn't do better.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2020 1:02 AM

R56 They were in the same orbit! His whole first encounter with her was when they were sharing the stage at a club (forget which) in the early 80’s when he had his band The Must. She hogged all the sound check time then refused to share the dressing room with anyone and threw a wrench in The Must’s gig. She was still mostly unknown at the time and he declared her over before she even got started because she was burning every bridge, etc., etc. (talk about being wrong! But he has joked about this) The whole story is online somewhere in multiple places I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2020 1:02 AM

I wish he had made a comment on elder gay favorite Joe Dallesandro.

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2020 1:05 AM

I wish he’s say something about Jeff Stryker

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]Karen Black (A genuine nut—and not even trying to be)

I miss her

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2020 1:10 AM

[quote]No M —-G

[quote]If you mean Madonna, she's at the end along with others there for some reason.

R29, Are you new?

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2020 1:19 AM

he’s got a decent cock though, when he was younger and thinner it probably looked even better. Nice slightly above average size with a nice plum shaped head, very hard.

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2020 1:19 AM

In re: trooper v trouper. If you were to talk to someone in show business, one who had the full range of experiences such as enumerated in “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” and wrote of them as a trooper it would be an insult. To old time pros who’s toured, there was no higher honor than being in a troupe of actors. Now, you may troop from town to town, and the troupe will invariably complain about the accommodations, but confuse the two at your peril.

Miss Barrymore might request a word before the next curtain went up.

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2020 1:25 AM

^^who’ve toured^^ damn it.

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] If you were to talk to someone in show business, one who had the full range of experiences such as enumerated in “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” and wrote of them as a trooper it would be an insult.

MARY, they would eventually just have to get OVER it!!

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2020 1:29 AM

R53, you misconstrue the definition of "righteousness."

Please do not confuse the concepts of clarity of communication and the judicious maintenance of acceptable standards with your misinterpretation of gospel-music testifying.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2020 1:31 AM

"There's No Business Like Show Business" is a song from a musical written nearly seventy-five years ago about events that happened a full seventy years before that.

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2020 1:33 AM

Joyce DeWitt (Don’t bring up certain things.)

by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2020 1:46 AM

^^^I hope that doesn't mean her performance in my TV movie "Not Without My Cousin"!

I have to hand it to her: I believed she believed we were cousins.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2020 1:53 AM

Anne Murray (Very cool about her lesbian following, back when celebs didn’t say such things)

by Anonymousreply 72December 22, 2020 1:54 AM

I enjoyed reading this. I work in the biz, and have met many of the people he commented on. Gotta say he's pretty spot-on in his summations of people. The only one I disagreed with was Dame Edna/Barry Humphries -but anyone can have an off day.

Oddly missing from the list: Stephen Sondheim, Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 73December 22, 2020 1:55 AM

R68, Perhaps your americocentric world-view sees righteous only in the Gospel sense. Righteous can also mean, according to Merriam-Webster" "arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality". Since correct grammar has deeply moral underpinnings and justice needs to be done to words, I am right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 22, 2020 1:56 AM

R70 haha that was amusing. But anyone from Peoria could have written that comment about Drew Barrymore.

I get that he wants to leave us wanting more but it’s a little too much of a tease. Any one of us could “say” those things but you need some specifics to back it up every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 75December 22, 2020 1:56 AM

Sofia Vergara (The new Charo)

by Anonymousreply 76December 22, 2020 1:58 AM

Jared Kushner (A glorified snake oil salesman)

Kimberly Guilfoyle (A follow-the-wind wannabe)

by Anonymousreply 77December 22, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] [R68], Perhaps your americocentric world-view

That's where I stopped reading.

by Anonymousreply 78December 22, 2020 2:01 AM

Julie Andrews (Everything you would imagine)

by Anonymousreply 79December 22, 2020 2:01 AM

I got as far as maybe the D’s, then got bored and came here for the highlights. Tired of reading “he was nice,” “she was nice.” I usually love Mikey though.

by Anonymousreply 80December 22, 2020 2:03 AM

R76 I thought I was the first one to ever say that but maybe not. That’s why it’s absurd how many income streams she has coming in. That would never have happened a couple of decades ago she’d just be a well worn joke/has been by now.

by Anonymousreply 81December 22, 2020 2:03 AM

Richard Avedon (So lovely to me—he must have confused me with Audrey Hepburn.)

by Anonymousreply 82December 22, 2020 2:04 AM

Musto is responding to questions about this list on twitter - in terms of Sondheim NOT being on the list, Musto tweets

"I emailed him once and he responded, and he also faxed Arthur Laurents a column of mine that mentioned Laurents, but I never had the nerve to say hello in person."

by Anonymousreply 83December 22, 2020 2:07 AM

R67 & R69, I thought it an interesting bit of show biz history. Sorry to bore you.

by Anonymousreply 84December 22, 2020 2:16 AM

My thought: the lack of a comment means the person was boring or unmemorable. The Madonna comment, following the Trumps, OJ, and Tonya Harding, means she is an absolute CUNT. And that she didn't speak to him even though they were face to face, she spoke through her people. What a miserable bitch. I bet she hates every single day, a lot of money and no friends.

by Anonymousreply 85December 22, 2020 2:22 AM

I thought his lack of comment for many was likely more a case of restraint in the face of legal consequences. (Tom Cruise, anyone?)

by Anonymousreply 86December 22, 2020 2:25 AM

I bet most DLers are sad to see he liked Sarah Jessica Parker.

by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2020 2:27 AM

R86 making an observation about a celebrity is not libelous

by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2020 2:28 AM

Interesting that they both spent decades in Manhattan, but he made no mention of Lauren Bacall. She had enough projects that she had to publicize over the years that they must have met.

by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2020 2:34 AM

R88, it depends on what you say. And Cruise Sues is a motto you can live by.

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2020 2:46 AM

Sylvia Rivera (She was devastated by the community having turned its back on her. She wanted to join Marsha in the afterlife.)

Why did the community turn its back on Sylvia?

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2020 3:02 AM

The community did not turn its back on Sylvia.

She got all the attention she deserved and then she got a whole lot more.

by Anonymousreply 92December 22, 2020 3:12 AM

"Diana Scarwid (I expected a camp and got a lecturer.)"

I'd love to know more about this...

by Anonymousreply 93December 22, 2020 3:15 AM

I wonder why he said the community turned its back on Sylvia? Any eldergays with info? I’m interested. Please don’t be supercilious lol

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2020 3:20 AM

[quote]My thought: the lack of a comment means the person was boring or unmemorable.

Yes, I imagine he's actually forgotten a lot of these interviews.

by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] Julie Andrews (Everything you would imagine)

Raging overprivileged cunt?

by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2020 3:31 AM

I was disappointed he had nothing to say about Catherine O'Hara.

Surprised and also disappointed he apparently never met Madeline Kahn... or Bonnie Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2020 3:33 AM

[quote]The Madonna comment, following the Trumps, OJ, and Tonya Harding, means she is an absolute CUNT. And that she didn't speak to him even though they were face to face, she spoke through her people.

I would bet he's really angry she treated him like that because he used to be obsessed with her.

When her book "Sex" came out, the Village Voice had a full page of him reproducing the infamous photo of her nude wearing sunglasses and hitching a ride on the street (except in his version he tucked his cock between his thighs).

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2020 3:36 AM

I hope every one of those people viciously slapped this obnoxious asshole viciously, across the face.

I've never liked him. Not even for five seconds.

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2020 3:45 AM

Pamela Sue Martin (She moved far away from the biz and has the right attitude.)

Can you blame her? After Dynasty's producers wanted to force her to have an abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2020 3:49 AM

Jeanne Moreau (Started screaming at me for no reason. She and Ekberg were the pits.)

Hahaaaa, LMAO

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2020 3:50 AM

Lisa Marie Presley (I fell for her star power.)

Star power????????????????????????/ Is he joking?!

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2020 3:52 AM

You're clearly not from his generation, r102.

She is the only child of someone who used to be the single biggest music star in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2020 4:04 AM

No runins with Streisand?

by Anonymousreply 104December 22, 2020 4:06 AM

R103 Elvis was the one with the star power, Not his fucked up talentless daughter.

by Anonymousreply 105December 22, 2020 4:10 AM

She's rarely on the East Coast, r104, and he's rarely on the West.

by Anonymousreply 106December 22, 2020 4:11 AM

I’ve never even heard of Sylvia Rivera so she can’t be that important.

by Anonymousreply 107December 22, 2020 4:15 AM

R85, No. He saved her for last because everybody knows he's been obsessed with her since her salad days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 22, 2020 4:24 AM

M isn't there. But we're talking celebrities I guess.

by Anonymousreply 109December 22, 2020 5:53 AM

Sylvia Rivera only become a revered gay saint in the last 10 years or so. Prior to that, she was mostly ignored or ridiculed and usually because of all the stories she told.

And, by stories, I mean lies. Even Marsha said, "Bitch wasn't at Stonewall..."

by Anonymousreply 110December 22, 2020 6:48 AM

[quote] Al Green (So bizarre. So worth it.)

I love Al Green’s singing, but something does seem off about him, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 111December 22, 2020 6:51 AM

[quote] Joyce DeWitt (Don’t bring up certain things.)

I saw an interview with DeWitt years back and it was obvious she had less than no love for La Sommers. One of her comments about her was "I was lied to too many times".

by Anonymousreply 112December 22, 2020 9:35 AM

[quote]These suck. He’s ass-kissing.

Are you new to the Musto oeuvre, darling?

by Anonymousreply 113December 22, 2020 1:48 PM

R110, she was revered by the time she was in the VIto documentary about a decade ago, so I'd say it's been longer than that.

by Anonymousreply 114December 22, 2020 1:49 PM

True R110.

by Anonymousreply 115December 22, 2020 2:04 PM

He never met Harvey Milk.

by Anonymousreply 116December 22, 2020 2:06 PM

R108 that piece on Madonna is actually wonderful. OK, I admit it, I love Musto.

by Anonymousreply 117December 22, 2020 2:06 PM

Where was the piece written? I cannot be August 2016. I hate it when they don't post the original date.

by Anonymousreply 118December 22, 2020 2:16 PM

Sylvia Rivera = drug-fucked street trash who beat & robbed gay men, a legend in his own hypodermic needle.

At least, Marsha P. Johnson later admitted that his Stonewall story was complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 119December 22, 2020 5:22 PM

r119 = right-wing transphobe

by Anonymousreply 120December 22, 2020 5:29 PM

R120 = delusional tranny, hates women, yet, wants to be a woman. Picture Norman Bates or Buffalo Bill.

by Anonymousreply 121December 22, 2020 5:41 PM

All of a sudden, half the threads I'm watching are being derailed by trolls and their far-right off-topic rants.

by Anonymousreply 122December 22, 2020 5:43 PM

r121 = Republican who calls people "tranny" as an insult. Picture Kelly Loeffler, Matt Gaetz, or someone with a very low IQ who votes against gay rights AND trans rights

by Anonymousreply 123December 22, 2020 5:43 PM

R123....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 22, 2020 5:52 PM

r124

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 22, 2020 5:58 PM

The "revelations" of people being nice or gracious to him are hardly representative of anything: only someone with mental illness or insane judgement is going to be unpleasant to a famously acid-tongued gossip columnist (which makes the news of those who were obnoxious to him more interesting).

by Anonymousreply 126December 22, 2020 6:01 PM

Sylvia Rivera was in jail the night of Stonewall. Also, did not consider himself Trans, you Stonewall revisionists.

by Anonymousreply 127December 22, 2020 7:07 PM

I love him. He’s made me laugh so much over the years. And I always thought he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 128December 22, 2020 7:17 PM

I sat opposite him on the subway once. The car wasn't crowded and I wanted to say hello....but I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 129December 22, 2020 7:20 PM

I jerked off with him once.

He doesn’t mention Stevie Nicks, I guess she’s too LA for talking to a NYC columnist.

Does anyone remember on the old Keith Olberman show Musto came dressed as the Wicked Witch of The West?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 22, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote]Surprised and also disappointed he apparently never met Madeline Kahn... or Bonnie Franklin.

But he was blessed with my presence!

Fa fa fum fummmmm

by Anonymousreply 131December 22, 2020 7:56 PM

I wonder why he found Sam Shepard "nasty."

by Anonymousreply 132December 22, 2020 8:22 PM

Maybe he had a potty mouth, r132.

by Anonymousreply 133December 22, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote] I jerked off with him once.

Wait. What?

by Anonymousreply 134December 22, 2020 9:37 PM

^ Please r134, I'm trying to forget that.

by Anonymousreply 135December 22, 2020 11:05 PM

^^ I can only hope it was by some ghastly mistake.

by Anonymousreply 136December 22, 2020 11:15 PM

Sam Shepard is one of my favorite writers (plays, stories, non-fiction), but he often acted like a nasty, selfish dick. He was a long-time alcoholic, and not a happy drunk. He followed the spiritual teachings of G. I. Gurdjief for a while, but his life was overshadowed by his own father's alcoholism and rage. In spite of the dark humor in his work, he was a tortured soul.

by Anonymousreply 137December 22, 2020 11:30 PM

Can anyone on here see the number of views this thread now has or have they disappeared for you too?

by Anonymousreply 138December 23, 2020 4:04 AM

I remember reading years ago in his column how he saw Deborah Harry standing on line for the bathroom at a club. The line was moving too slowly so Harry just squatted and peed on the floor, and people were tearing Stevie Nicks flyers off the walls to soak up and presumably keep the urine.

by Anonymousreply 139December 23, 2020 4:23 AM

[Quote]Whoopi Goldberg (A multi-dimensional star. She invited me to her house and other events, but then that ended. Anyone see a pattern here, lol?)

What does this imply?

by Anonymousreply 140December 23, 2020 4:38 AM

R140 I think his attempt at self-deprecation.

by Anonymousreply 141December 23, 2020 4:56 AM

Notable omissions IMO: Harvey Fierstein, Bruce Vilanch, Cindy Adams, Lynn Yeager, Bob Colacello, Michael Lucas, Perez Hilton. You'd think he'd want to list them if only to throw shade. (And his Natalie Cole shade was a master class.)

by Anonymousreply 142December 23, 2020 5:48 AM

r18 He's probably op.

by Anonymousreply 143December 23, 2020 7:13 AM

r98 I need to see this image.

by Anonymousreply 144December 23, 2020 7:19 AM

I'm sure he's saving the best for a book.

Hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 145December 23, 2020 7:22 AM

Musto makes me feel nostalgic.

by Anonymousreply 146December 23, 2020 7:25 AM

Does anyone know if he did a lot of coke in the 80's?

by Anonymousreply 147December 23, 2020 7:26 AM

Musto lives in NYC, yet never met Sting? Sting has lived in three different areas of Manhattan, he hung out a lot at the downtown clubs when he lived in a loft on lower Broadway. Hard to believe Michael never even interviewed him.

I went to Sade's birthday party at Danceteria, it was held in the private club upstairs, Congo Bill. Sade was quiet and low key, she looked amazing, she was much smaller in person than in her photos, but that's usually the case with most celebrities. Most are thinner and shorter in real life.

by Anonymousreply 148December 23, 2020 7:30 AM

Michael Alig is not a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 149December 23, 2020 7:35 AM

^^^ Angel, from the grave

by Anonymousreply 150December 23, 2020 7:56 AM

If only he would provide scoop on celebrity dick.

by Anonymousreply 151December 23, 2020 8:09 AM

R139 This really happened. It was at the Jackie 60 space and many people witnessed it. In her defense, Debbie never claimed not to be punk.

by Anonymousreply 152December 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Musto's "Queer Year in Review":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 25, 2020 3:13 PM

Michael Musto truly annoys me. He's made a career out of simply being a name dropper, like some kind of modern-day Hedda Hopper. I don't know why he is fawned over.

by Anonymousreply 154December 25, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]Joan Cusack (Not as fun in person as you’d hope, but she’s comically brilliant)

True on both counts. Talented (though always a second banana) and frankly, kind of cold. Not a total bitch, but according to a friend who knew who her back in Chicago theatre days, definitely not the warm and goofy gal she's played in movies. Not even a little. A bit... imperious, which may be why her Hollywood career peaked early and then leveled off.

OTOH, she has nothing on the raging narcissism of her brother, John.

by Anonymousreply 155December 25, 2020 3:36 PM

Why is Barry Humphries being attacked? Are the woke SJW cunts wanting him and Dame Edna canceled now?

by Anonymousreply 156December 25, 2020 3:43 PM

She sounds like a regular Edie McClurg, r155!

by Anonymousreply 157December 25, 2020 4:07 PM

R156

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 25, 2020 4:18 PM

The Joan Cusack one also stood out to me, as well as Lady Gaga’s which said something like “ (deadly serious)” or something close. Does Gaga not have a sense of humor about her?

Also, disappointed that Juliette Lewis and Jennifer Jason Leigh didn’t get any comments. Really?!? These two actors are fascinating.

Lili Taylor having a dark side and a bright side was also interesting.

by Anonymousreply 159December 25, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] Michael Alig is not a celebrity.

Not any more, at least.

by Anonymousreply 160December 25, 2020 5:55 PM

Lili Taylor has long-term psychological health issues (bipolar depression, I believe) which she (apparently) has back under control. Good for her, and for being forthcoming about her health. She's a good actress--I can see where her issues may have held her back professionally.

by Anonymousreply 161December 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Saw this fat cut riding a purple bicycle today in midtown without a helmet. He was struggling to peddle the bike!

by Anonymousreply 162April 20, 2021 1:54 AM

Taylor's bipolar disorder would certainly explain the good side, bad side comments.

by Anonymousreply 163April 20, 2021 2:11 AM

It's pretty sad Arthur Bell for whom Musto took over is forgotten. A real gossip columnist who was really bitchy and funny. I enjoyed his column very much. A must read every week. Musto is just a name dropper without a drop of humor. He tries but it is always so weak. I stopped reading him a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 164April 20, 2021 2:25 AM

You are so right, R164. "Bell Tells" was always eagerly awaited.

by Anonymousreply 165April 20, 2021 2:42 PM

R164 Well, I don’t agree with Musto having no sense of humor one bit. I’ve always found his writing hysterical, and an example of how to write clever comedy that’s readable. But to each his own!

Also, now I’m curious about Arthur Bell. Must investigate!

by Anonymousreply 166April 20, 2021 3:53 PM

That old name-dropping queen is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 167April 20, 2021 6:57 PM

I read R164 as "Bea Arthur."

by Anonymousreply 168April 20, 2021 9:27 PM

Pleased to see Laura Linney mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 169April 21, 2021 12:49 AM

I’m laughing while picturing MM huffing and puffing on a purple bicycle!

by Anonymousreply 170April 21, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote]If you mean Madonna, she's at the end along with others there for some reason.

Must be doing it by age.

by Anonymousreply 171April 21, 2021 12:55 AM

Sort of sad he has to be published in the "Chelsea Community News" which I assume is one of those free papers homeless people use to keep warm in winter

by Anonymousreply 172April 21, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]Sylvia Rivera = drug-fucked street trash who beat & robbed gay men

Really??

by Anonymousreply 173April 21, 2021 1:04 AM

Musto would be funny if you didn't know how funny Bell could be. Towards the end Bell was documenting his deterioration from Aids but I don't think he ever mentioned he was dying from the disease. Maybe at that point it was too early to realize just what was going on. I remember reading about his struggle with the losing of his eye sight and not associating it with Aids either.

by Anonymousreply 174April 21, 2021 4:51 PM

Arthur Bell’s wiki entry says he died from complications from diabetes, not AIDS. I don’t know if that’s true at all, just found it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 175May 14, 2021 5:06 AM

AIDS will certainly complicate one's diabetes.

That's an old game that was often played back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 176May 14, 2021 12:26 PM

Dia-bee-tus.

by Anonymousreply 177May 14, 2021 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!