Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"All My Children" Reboot

A Blind Item says Susan Lucci not included because of an imagined slight to Kelly and Mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2021 3:23 AM

That could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2020 10:48 AM

Ripa LOVES Lucci.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2020 2:18 PM

I can only hope if this does well a One Life To Live reboot will soon follow.

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2020 5:10 PM

One Life to Live was better

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2020 5:12 PM

OLTL won lots of Emmys, had some great stories and great acting, and even often had higher ratings--but it never had the cultural impact (especially to non-soap watchers) that AMC had, and still has.

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2020 7:09 PM

How many threads do we need on this?

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2020 7:17 PM

I think this is the "official" thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2020 9:12 PM

When will Kelly and Mark stop? They own "Riverdale" and she makes at least $10 a million for her daytime chat,

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2020 9:42 PM

No Lucci no show. Unless Mark presents hole in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2020 9:45 PM

I agree with R9

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2020 9:58 PM

I hope beth ehlers returns for the reboot!

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2021 1:40 AM

Susan Lucci is not included because to walk breaks her bones. Like Swoosie Kurtz. She hasn't eaten in 43 years. They can't risk it. What is All My Children btw? I can honestly say I've never seen a soap opera in my life, though my great grandmother was in love with Victor Newman.

I know Susan Lucci from more intimate encounters. She is a nice lady who is very sad and hungry.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2021 1:59 AM

There is no way ABC would greenlight this without some involvement from official "Disney Legend" Susan Lucci, who is the one person from the original show that everyone, even non-fans, associates with it. It would've been like if the Dallas sequel had chosen to not involve Larry Hagman.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2021 2:18 AM

Larry Hagman, like Susan Lucci, is dead R13. May they RIP.

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2021 2:23 AM

R14 He wasn't dead when the new Dallas started, and was the ONLY reason people watched, hence why it didn't last long after his death.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2021 2:32 AM

Larry Hagman died in 2004. I don't know when the Dynasty reboot was. It was a redneck white people show from the 70s. I wasn't even alive when the first show aired. But Susan Lucci is practically dead. She's going to be on Dr. Phil to discuss her lifelong eating disorder and ensuing loss of internal organs. She won't be back on All My Family. Maybe in a heavily filtered talking head shot? Her vocal chords are now permanently raspy from years of vomiting and dehydration too. Like Karen Carpenter, she weirdly kept some of her hair. But the rest of her body is destroyed. Susan must be almost 80 years old. My great grandmother loved her with Victor Newman, in the afternoons. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2021 2:39 AM

r16, you are quite the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2021 2:47 AM

R16 obviously you are a troll, or on drugs, but Hagman died in 2012, during production of the second season of the new Dallas. Susan Lucci, btw, is 74. She, was never with Victor Newman, which is on an entirely different show, that aired largely opposite of AMC.

And, I suspect your "great-grandmother" died before Guiding Light premiered in 1937.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2021 2:48 AM

Reboot [italic]One Life to Live[/italic] so I don't have to go back to that awful sitcom I wasted eight years of my life on.

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2021 2:50 AM

My great grandmother was born in 1934. My grandmother in 1955. My mom was born in 1977 and I am now almost 32 years old. This is not a math contest. My understanding of Susan Lucci is based on personal encounters. I have a gift that she pays for. She will be on Dr. Phil. Wait for May sweeps.

I do enjoy some drugs. What did you have in mind Gramps?

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote]She, was never with Victor Newman, which is on an entirely different show, that aired largely opposite of AMC.

Where I grew up, they showed Y&R last so it could compete with [italic]Oprah[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2021 3:00 AM

What is it about soap threads that bring anti-soap crazies out? I don't go on tiktok threads because I find the people stupid, but I would never shit all over what they love.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2021 3:02 AM

Looch will have a cameo, at best.

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2021 3:03 AM

I'll definitely do a cameo.

But I will not share a screen with that insecure cunt who played my mother.

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2021 3:20 AM

[quote] I'll definitely do a cameo. But I will not share a screen with that insecure cunt who played my mother. —SMG

Her cunt so wasn't insecure the night you were conceived.

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2021 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!