Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lviv Pogrom of 1941

Horrific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389December 22, 2020 10:25 PM

And this wasn't even the worst of it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2020 12:17 AM

Heartbreaking. Those were dark and terrible times.

We must always be on the lookout to make sure times like that don't return.

There are plenty of people who would participate in similar events right now as we can all see. Not necessarily against Jews - but against gays, blacks, activists and other groups they vehemently disagree with and loathe.

The truth is that we haven't moved on much since 1941.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2020 12:17 AM

And Poland finds itself in the grip of fascism once more.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2020 12:18 AM

This was so terrible to look at, but very necessary. Lviv was actually a very important city in Europe for a long time, it's location being key. I believe it's the city where crimes against humanity/genocide became a topic of discussion for the first time ever.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2020 12:19 AM

Anti-Semitism never really went away. Racism, homophobia, misogyny. None of it will, unfortunately. All we can do is keep it in check.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2020 12:21 AM

I always remember this image from Auschwitz-Birkenau. You can clearly see which line is going straight into the gas chamber and who is going to a workcamp to die slowly. Often the line on the left was dead within 30-60 minutes of disembarking the train and as soon as the line on the right got into their camps the other inmates told them what was happening to their families.

Awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2020 12:35 AM

Ironically, Auschwitz gave you more of a chance of survival, since it was a work camp that needed prisoners to work for the German war effort; the other camps in Poland - Belzec, Chelmno, Majdanek, Sobibor and Treblinka - the overwhelming majority of prisoners were gassed the same day they arrived.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2020 12:39 AM

Did you read my post at all R7?

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2020 12:45 AM

I think r7 post was complimentary to and expanded on post r6.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2020 12:51 AM

It was r9

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2020 1:25 AM

Ive seen these pictures already and dont wish to see them again...heartbreaking. It scares me to think most of us are capable of doing this not one another.

Man has been killing each other in horribe ways since the begining of time

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2020 1:48 AM

^^ to^^ one another

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2020 1:50 AM

Heartbreaking. The women seem terrified.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2020 1:51 AM

It’s amazing how so many people said that they were not aware of the killings. On some level I think that many citizens in Nazi Europe knew, especially in Poland. Many people interviewed decades after reported that they smelled the crematoriums burning away. Many people who received the belongings of the murdered people knew that they were wearing their clothes, using their toiletries and such. The men who manned the death camps would tell their families, especially their wives. The train conductors knew where they were taking their passengers to. But directly after, people shrugged their shoulders saying shit like, “we suffered too.”. There was a conscious effort to downplay their complicity in it all, despite the evidence. So awful.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2020 2:14 AM

They knew R14.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2020 2:39 AM

Agree r2. Although I think Jews would certainly be targeted (“Jews will not replace us “). Anyone watch the second Borat when gets a southern bakery to write that on a cake.

If there’s another event like Nazi Germany, everyone but straight white Christian males would be under attack one way or another.

Trumps American was headed that way, especially if he won a second term. I’m not sure we are out of the woods yet

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2020 2:43 AM

R16 Fantasist.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2020 2:51 AM

16, Realist.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2020 2:53 AM

No r17. Just realistic.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2020 2:53 AM

That should be R16, Realist.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2020 2:53 AM

So what happened to the woman in the picture?

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2020 3:01 AM

r14 some Germans, Pols, and Ukrainian really did suffer once the Soviets moved in. The Russians were out for blood and raped and pillaged Germany like it was the Middle Ages again.

I make no excuses for them but I wonder, what can a person do in that situation? The soldier, the train driver, the person smelling the remnants from the bodies. People aren't innocent, but they also have limited options, especially if you're a soldier. Do you risk your life to desert or just get shot in the head? Easy for us to suggest, but when it's your life on the line compared to another person it becomes a lot more complicated.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2020 3:15 AM

Geez, r6/r8, good thing people don’t get gassed for being huge cunts who can’t read.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2020 3:15 AM

[quote] We must always be on the lookout to make sure times like that don't return.

The people who support trump want to do this to the Democrats. You know, the people we are being assured are our fellow Americans? Don’t believe me? Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2020 3:18 AM

There were several women in those pics r21

Humiliated, stripped, fondled and maybe raped. There was one young woman completely naked. And all killed or sent to camps.

The smiling faces watching this horror is truly insane

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2020 3:28 AM

Also, not to hijack the thread, but when you see the actual PHOTOS of shit like this, and sometimes even movies, do you maybe understand just a little bit why Israelis might act the way they do? "Never again" is a slogan a lot of people use, but obviously for them it's really, really fucking personal. When the Palestinians openly have slogans like "from the river to the sea," implying all of Israel will be part of some Palestinian state someday, I certainly wonder where exactly they expect the Israelis to go.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2020 3:28 AM

This thread is a perfect example of why the Holocaust - the systematic extermination of the Jews of Europe - must be taught in schools. Especially to you R24 R26. Starting with that the Holocaust was the culmination of 1,700 years of Church-fomented, socially/culturally inculcated Jew hatred. Certainly not as the result of political or social distaste by selective sectors of society. The same anti-Jewish slurs and scree inculcated for over an eon in those smiling monsters can be seen right here on DL, in the media, and out of the mouths of community leaders.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2020 3:34 AM

r21 more than likely murdered that day, or sent perhaps sent the forest where she and the others were shot. or in one of the many concentration camps to be murdered later on

I put in a link that will tell you how many Jews were murdered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2020 3:35 AM

Made me cry. Heartbreaking. Horrible. So very cruel.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2020 3:48 AM

So Lviv was part of Poland and is now part of Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2020 3:54 AM

It was Lwów when it was part of Poland. Before the war, the city was Polish but the countryside was mostly Ukrainian. After the war, the USSR annexed it to Ukraine and the Poles were kicked out and resettled in the lands annexed from Germany. And what the fuck, r27? The horror of the Holocaust and the centuries of anti-Semitism that preceded it undoubtedly shaped Israel's worldview.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2020 4:04 AM

Also let's not forget that this was also done to 50 to 100 thousand homosexuals who were arrested by the Nazis (and to a lesser extent lesbians) who had barbaric experiments performed on them which often killed them but if the experiments didn't kill them they were treated to an unusual and special degree of cruelty by the Nazis in the camps, including being used as target practice on shooting ranges. They were seen as not fit for work so were tortured, gassed and thrown in the ovens.

Important to remember that Homosexuals were actively sought out and exterminated and this fact about the Holocaust is regularly forgotten, ignored or minimized.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2020 4:07 AM

As horrific as the pictures already posted are, there lots more out there even worse. (No, I'm not going to post them.) Plenty of pictures of women, men, etc being forced to kneel over a pit of dead bodies while SS scum get ready to put bullets in their heads. I know every country has done awful shit, but it's really hard to find worse than Nazi Germany out there. Maybe Rwanda, or ISIS, but they didn't have the horrifying industrial murder capacity that Germany did.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2020 4:09 AM

r26 I expect that the Palestinians, as in the people displaced by the Allied Forces to create Israel out of thin air, would expect the Jews to go back to whichever part of the world they came from. I mean, you displace people but keep them on as neighbors and see how well you get along.

There were even plans to create Israel in a part of Africa as if the Africans in that area didn't matter. Why weren't Jews just given a part of Germany and call it a day is beyond me. Europe started this WWII mess and supported Christianity which was the crux of Jews issues. Why didn't the Europeans give up their lands for these people? Because they know it would mean war because those white people would not sit back and let other white people (jews) take their land without a fight. So the Allies went to the Middle East and took land from brown people.

I have no issue with Jewish people or Israel as it stands because what's done is done. I'm sure people will mention that it sits on holy land, blah, blah, blah (tired of that bullshit from every religion). All I know is that the Palestinians seem to have a good ass reason to be sour about Israel existing. Wanting ALL of their land back isn't that crazy of a grudge to hold.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2020 4:10 AM

I can see (even if I hate it) Jews getting irritated about gays being mentioned in discussing the Holocaust, if only because the scale was so different, but unlike every other group persecuted, gays often had the unique pleasure of going right back into prison after the camps were liberated, due to anti-gay laws in West Germany.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote] do you maybe understand just a little bit why Israelis might act the way they do?

No, I don’t.

But the fact that they act the way they do despite having seen it all from the other side of the stick makes me think they got what they deserved.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2020 4:14 AM

They didn’t put Jews back in Germany because they knew they wouldn’t be safe in Europe.

Putting them in Palestine didn’t solve everything, but they’ve had more security over the last 10 or 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2020 4:15 AM

What's so creepy about responses like yours, r34, is that you act like Jews settled in what is today Israel for some completely random reason, as if they had no tie to the land at all. (Which they were doing long before WW2, btw). Or maybe they should have just been resettled in Europe, right next door to people who in many cases aided and abetted, or at the very least remained silent, while their families were murdered.

Why should the "Palestinians" get it? Arabs and the Arabic language certainly aren't indigenous there. And stop acting like Christians have some monopoly on anti-Semitism and Jew hatred, it makes you sound like a moron.

And don't even get me started on the mind-boggling stupidity of gay people defending Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote]Important to remember that Homosexuals were actively sought out and exterminated

Uh, no R32 . Mein Kampf did not focus on homosexuals. The SS didn't travel from village to town rounding up homosexuals to murder. Homosexuals did not become stateless refugees, nor were the families butchered because they were homosexuals nor was their property looted. Some of the most brutal sadistic guards in the extermination camps were homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2020 4:18 AM

[quote]I can see (even if I hate it) Jews getting irritated about gays being mentioned in discussing the Holocaust

I think that's just completely unacceptable. That attitude is how we were erased from the Holocaust R35. I just think that's an incredibly disappointing thing to read on Datalounge from a presumably gay person. There's ample room to be outraged by the persecution and systematic eradication of homosexuals AND Jews AND all the others they killed too isn't there?

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2020 4:18 AM

r33 the Congo. Not going to get into an oppression Olympics, but what Belgium (specifically their King) did in the Congo was unforgivable. What's worse is that it didn't last under 10 years like WWII. No, horrors were occurring for decades all for fucking rubber. Now, they didn't get around to gassing people or burning them, though it might have been a better fate since children and men were forced to meet ridiculous quotas for their daily rubber (came from a tree). Their families would be held as hostages. If you missed your quota they would take off the hand of your child or wife. While in the care of their European captors' young boys, little girls, and women would often be raped or kept as sex slaves.

The Holocaust was terrible, but the fact that the horrors in Africa by the hands of Europeans is ignored is really a slap in the face to black people. I know you may struggle to think of a worse situation but there are many horrors that didn't end in a quick painful death, but a lifetime of trauma and pain. 2-15 million people were killed over fucking rubber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2020 4:18 AM

Totally untrue R39. The Gestapo made lists and rounded up homosexuals to exterminate.

Here ya go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2020 4:20 AM

Ok r38 before Israel was a country who that occupied the region? I'd really like to know because it was my understanding that the Allied forces, lead by the UK pushed to create Israel. But my European history is fuzzy so I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2020 4:22 AM

r40, I didn't say I liked it - I said I hated it. But in the Wikipedia article mentioned, it specifically states that "only" 5-15,000 gay people wound up going to concentration camps, and that an estimated 60% of them were murdered there. That's horrifying, but let's face it, it's a drop in the bucket compared to 6 million Jews.

The Congo was terrible, r41. It was the horrific treatment of human beings as nothing more than property or cheap labor. It WASN'T genocide, the outright extermination of people simply because of their ethnicity/religion/whatever, like the Holocaust, 1915 Armenia or Rwanda was. What's even worse is that once the Germans had finished with the Jews, then they planned to wipe out the Slavs.

Before the creation of Israel, the whole area was controlled by the UK, who annexed it from the Turks after WW1. I don't know what their plans were for the place, but once the Holocaust was common knowledge the movement to resettle Jews there became unstoppable. (And some Jews committed what we consider acts of terrorism against the UK authorities to try and force them to allow Israeli independence). The UK gave up and walked away, and the U.N. divided the country in half on ethnic lines. The Arabs immediately ganged up and attacked, and promptly got their asses kicked, and Israel was born.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2020 4:29 AM

Also for R39:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2020 4:30 AM

r17 is a fantasist who believes Trump's insane lies about election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2020 4:42 AM

R33: While the Holocaust was planned by the Nazis in Germany it’s important I think not to just talk about it as something ‘Germany did’. So many other European countries willingly went along with the atrocities. So many neighbours were quick to turn on neighbours in Austria, Poland, Ukraine, Romania, etc.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2020 5:12 AM

R34 is a moronic ant-Semite. Educate yourself. Even if you discount the religious aspects, Jews have been in modern day Israel for thousands of years. You also might want to look up “Operation Magic Carpet” to discover how hospitable other Muslim countries were to Mizrahi Jews, or why the “Palestinians” don’t want to discuss the confiscation of Jewish lands or properties.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2020 5:14 AM

[quote] do you maybe understand just a little bit why Israelis might act the way they do?

Yes it’s terrible that the Palestinians did this to the Jews in Poland in the early 40s.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2020 5:19 AM

R42 R45 The Gestapo was not tasked with the duty to travel around to villages in the Ukraine and Poland seeking out homosexuals to murder. The Einsatzgruppen, the SS paramilitary murder squads, was tasked with the duty to find and murder Jews. Such as the massacre at Babi Yar, in which 33,771 Jews were murdered in two days. Yes, homosexuals were discriminated against. But Holocaust is about genocide, systematic extermination. Of which homosexuals were most certainly NOT the targets nor the victims.

Your attempt at parity is deplorable in its ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2020 5:22 AM

[quote] Why should the "Palestinians" get it?

Love the scare quotes. Well, why should “Jews” get it? Because for every fascist imperialist creep who says the Palestinians don’t exist, there’s an anti-Semite who says the Jews don’t exist and are just Turks who took the Jewish religion in the dark ages. Khazars.

Why should the Palestinians get it? You mean, why are they entitled to the land they weee living on? You make it sound like the Jews and Palestinians were lined up outside Palestine and it had to be decided who “got” the land. That’s the verbal yoga the Zionist’s have to pull to defend the indefensible. The trimpkins have nothing on the Zionists. Chillingly similar in fact.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2020 5:26 AM

If any of you get to visit Europe go and visit one of the concentration camps. I visited Daccau. It was truly sobering.

The Gestapo HQ in Cologne is fascinating, as is The House of Terror in Budapest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2020 5:29 AM

R49 They sure did love Hitler and the Nazis. Just like you do, bigoted trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2020 5:29 AM

[Quote] So what happened to the woman in the picture?

If you mean the blonde woman screaming in terror for her life after rocks and bricks bloodied her face I'm sure you can guess? Look who was after her in the photo with large pieces of wood.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2020 5:36 AM

I think what's important and different about this was this was a pogrom by local residents, not Nazis. The Nazi occupation just allowed it to happen.

Pogroms happened all over Eastern Europe prior to WW2 - random violent attacks and murders of Jews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote]I expect that the Palestinians, as in the people displaced by the Allied Forces to create Israel out of thin air,

What the fuck are you talking about, r34? The "Allied Forces" did not displace Palestinians. Or are you talking about the allied Arab armies that invaded Israel in 1948? If you mean European/American forces, do you mean the WWI allies or WWII allies, just so I can figure out how badly you are mistaken?

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2020 6:03 AM

Indeed, r55. The word pogrom comes from Russian in fact.

Hey r51, I've got an idea. How about you and your rentboy du jour stroll around Tel Aviv holding hands and acting all lovey-dovey, and then go to Ramallah or Gaza City and do the same thing. Then (assuming you actually survive), you can do a nice little compare and contrast for us.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2020 6:04 AM

I’ve got a bunch of photos my father took of piles of bodies from a concentration camp, somewhere. He was in what was basically a MASH unit in WWll, as a surgeon’s assistant. He wouldn’t really talk about those photos and hid them from us, of course we’ve saved them after his death, and plan on getting them to the holocaust museum in DC eventually. The pictures are just horrifying, no wonder my dad didn’t want to talk about them.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2020 6:26 AM

[quote] Hey [R51], I've got an idea. How about you and your rentboy du jour stroll around Tel Aviv holding hands and acting all lovey-dovey, and then go to Ramallah or Gaza City and do the same thing. Then (assuming you actually survive), you can do a nice little compare and contrast for us.

“Jews control the money and the factories, and they use their influence to start wars in which you die and they profit.” Things the Nazis said to justify their mass murder of Jews and theft of their assets. Always vilify someone because that makes stealing from him and murdering him alright. There’s a nice little compare and contrast for *you.*

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2020 6:50 AM

An excellent read, for those interested. Read it years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2020 7:02 AM

You should all watch Shoah.

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2020 7:02 AM

R61, I watched Shoah in one of my HS History classes. Utterly devastating.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2020 7:30 AM

[quote] Always vilify someone because that makes stealing from him and murdering him alright. There’s a nice little compare and contrast for *you.*

R59 Vilifying is what Muslims in Gaza and Ramallah do against homosexuals. Especially in Gaza, where homosexuality is a death sentence.

Some sobering compare/contrast for *you*.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2020 7:43 AM

What's interesting - many Eastern European countries were clamouring to introduce anti-Jewish laws that were being introduced in Germany earlier on in the 1930s, BEFORE German occupation. Jew hatred was the Beatlemania of the 30s. These countries were nuts for it.

I learned a lot of these things when I worked on a project for British radio years ago.

I went to some Jewish library in North London where there was a huge archive. The Jewish Chronicle, published every week in Britiain throughout the 30s & 40s was incredibly sophisticated as many news sources were then. Every week THE DETAIL of what was going on in Europe to the Jews was published....from the day Hitler came to power. Lists of the most minor atrocities were published from day one.

Some people seem to think communications and journalism were incredibly unsophisticated and vague then. No, no, no...it's all there. Forget "we didn't know" and replace it with "we didn't want to know".

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2020 7:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2020 7:54 AM

But Hitler's rallies, they drew a big crowd. Everyone says they were the biggest ever, bigger than ours. And ours were yuge. But his were bigger. But he had a different agenda than me, in a way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2020 7:58 AM

re-post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2020 7:58 AM

spooky - that exact spot today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2020 8:01 AM

How long until the trans activists try to rewrite history to make the Holocaust all about them.

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2020 8:14 AM

How long until you see a Psychiatrist #69, and discuss your rabid hatred of trans people? Until then, stay off Datalounge: this is an LGBTQ community.

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2020 8:20 AM

[quote]Until then, stay off Datalounge: this is an LGBTQ community.

I thought it was just GAY.

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2020 8:26 AM

This WAS a TRANS attack. The Lviv trans community were leaders in diversity, early puberty blocking, and lavishly applied lippy.

Haters gonna hate!

DL needs many, many, many more trans genocide threads!!!!

But please: make sure they are only Jewish trans genocide threads, and not Cambodian trans, or Armenian trans, or Ukrainian trans genocide threads, because the suffering of those people doesn't count. And they're not handing out Oscars for starring in non-existence movies!

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Oh fuck off R70. This a website for gay men. We also welcome the occasional dyke.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2020 8:46 AM

Dirk Bogarde was one of the first soldiers into Belson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2020 9:59 AM

1. The Shoah was unique for many reasons, but top among them is that the Germans went into other countries to kill their Jews-- Greece, Norway, France, Netherlands and of course Russia and Poland. Another difference was the industrialization of it--they kept lists and had quarterly goals and all that. And they killed children. German women would march groups of 5 year olds to the gas chambers and help the ones who were too small to climb in. The gas chambers and crematoria themselves were a form of industrialization too--no messy bullets.

2. The true insanity was the murder of Hungarian Jews in 1944-45. Hungary had been a puppet state of Germany and had harsh antisemitic laws but had not killed its 1M Jews nor sent them to concentration camps. When Hungary surrendered to the approaching Soviets, the Germans invaded and took over the country and--although they were losing the war and the Soviets were not far away- Eichmann came in and made the extermination of Hungarian Jews a priority. At that point everyone knew what was happening at Auschwitz--the Jews of Hungary and the Allies. But here's the scary part: the killing of Jews often took priority over the needs of the German army. Supplies, trains, etc. to transport Jews to Auschwitz took priority over getting troops to the front. Much of the killing took place after D-Day when it was clear the Germans were losing the war. (Eichmann was the one the Israelis kidnapped in Argentina in 1961, brought back to Israel, had a trial and executed him. That's where Hannah Arendt's "banality of evil" comes from because Eichmann looked like a nerdy accountant, not a monster.)

2. The Zionist movement dates back to the 1880s when the Muslim Turks controlled Palestine--that's when Jews first started to resettle in large numbers, though there were always Jews living there. The British took over in 1917 and issued the Balfour Declaration which created a Jewish homeland. By 1945 there were close to 1 million Jews living in Palestine, people who had immigrated from Russia, Poland, Germany, Hungary and other European countries before WW2

3. After the state of Israel was established, in the late 40s and early 50s, around one million Jews were kicked out of various Arab countries--Iraq, Libya, Syria among others-- and Israel had to take them in, feed and house them. Unlike the Arabs and the Palestinians, they did not stick them in refugee camps and hope they'd go away.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2020 10:33 AM

Fantastic and informative post R75! More please.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2020 10:37 AM

operation barbarossa unleashed hell for the jews. local populations who were brutalized and tortured by the soviet communists took their revenge on the jews as the soviets retreated. as noted above, locals in lviv were significant participants in the lviv pogrom.

similarly in kaunas, local lithuanians initiated the "lietūkis garage massacre" of jews. nazis who witnessed the scene were horrified, and one managed to take pictures of the massacre, and he managed to keep the film when the local lithuanian police demanded his camera.

this was, of course, early in the war in the east, and the ability to schock nazis with scenes of barbarity would fade quickly.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2020 11:18 AM

I always find the wearing of the star thing very creepy.

Berlin, early '40s >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2020 11:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2020 11:24 AM

[quote]So Lviv was part of Poland and is now part of Ukraine?

It was part of the Soviet landgrab that resulted from the Soviet/German Non-Aggression Pact of 1939, which provided that the USSR could occupy Eastern Poland if the Nazis ever invaded the country. After the war, Russia conveniently forgot to give back the stolen eastern portions of Poland but compensated the Poles by giving them a swath of land that prior to the war had belonged to Germany.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2020 11:35 AM

Yellow badges (or yellow patches), also referred to as Jewish badges (German: Judenstern, lit. 'Jew's star'), are badges that Jews were ordered to wear in public during periods of the Middle Ages by the ruling Christians and Muslims, and in Nazi Germany. The badges served to mark the wearer as a religious or ethnic outsider, and often served as a badge of shame.

Islamic world

The practice of wearing special clothing or markings to distinguish Jews and other non-Muslims (dhimmis) in Muslim-dominated countries seems to have been introduced in the Umayyad Caliphate by Caliph Umar II in the early 8th century. The practice was revived and reinforced by the Abbasid caliph al-Mutawakkil (847–861), subsequently remaining in force for centuries.

Medieval Catholic Europe

In largely Catholic Medieval Europe, Jews (and Muslims) were required to wear distinguishable clothing in some periods. These measures were not seen as being inconsistent with Sicut Judaeis. Although not the first ecclesiastic requirement for non-Christians to wear distinguishable clothing, the Fourth Council of the Lateran headed by Pope Innocent III ruled in 1215 that Jews and Muslims must wear distinguishable dress (Latin habitus).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2020 11:36 AM

[quote]During the Lietūkis Garage Massacre, carried out before the invading Germans had actually set up their administration, 40-60 people were killed and publicly humiliated in the process. Jews were forced to gather on the afternoon in the courtyard of a garage at 43 Vitautas Avenue, in the center of the city. Some of them were killed with shovels, iron bars or by other barbaric methods. Lithuanian children were lifted onto the shoulder of their parents to catch a glimpse of the “Death Dealer of Kovno”, a sight that one German regular army officer later described as the most frightful event he’d witnessed in the course of two world wars.

[quote]“On the concrete forecourt of the petrol station a blond man of medium height, aged about twenty-five, stood leaning on a wooden club, resting. The club was as thick as his arm and came up to his chest. At his feet lay about fifteen to twenty dead or dying people. Water flowed continuously from a hose washing blood away into the drainage gully. Just a few steps behind this man some twenty men, guarded by armed civilians, stood waiting for their cruel execution in silent submission. In response to a cursory wave the next man stepped forward silently and was beaten to death with the wooden club in the most bestial manner, each blow accompanied by enthusiastic shouts from the audience”. Once the mound of the bodies at his feet had reach fifty, the Death Dealer fetched an accordion, climbed to the top of the pile of the corpses, and played the Lithuanian national anthem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Interesting. The word "ghetto' derives from the original Jewish ghetto in Venice.

It became so crowded they had to keep adding floors to the houses, which still exist today

[quote]The Venetian Ghetto was the area of Venice in which Jews were compelled to live by the government of the Venetian Republic. The English word ghetto is derived from the Jewish ghetto in Venice. The Venetian Ghetto was instituted on 29 March 1516. It was not the first time that Jews in Venice were compelled to live in a segregated area of the city. In 1552 Venice had 160,000 inhabitants, including 900 Jews, who were mainly merchants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Here’s the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Jared Kushner hopefully will see this and reflect.....Steven Miller also.

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2020 11:45 AM

Today it is illegal in Poland to talk how Polish people actively took apart of Holocaust. The current far right government made it illegal. I live in Europe and have visited several concentration camps turned into memorial museums, also in Poland, but won’t until current leading party has been voted out of power.

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2020 11:50 AM

The Jewish hat also known as the Jewish cap, Judenhut (German) or Latin pileus cornutus ("horned skullcap"), was a cone-shaped pointed hat, often white or yellow, worn by Jews in Medieval Europe and some of the Islamic world. Initially worn by choice, its wearing was enforced in some places in Europe after the 1215 Fourth Council of the Lateran for adult male Jews to wear while outside a ghetto to distinguish them from others. Like the Phrygian cap that it often resembles, the hat originated in pre-Islamic Persia, as a similar hat was worn by Babylonian Jews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2020 11:52 AM

Babi Yar (Ukrainian: Бабин Яр, Babyn Yar or Babin Yar; Russian: Бабий Яр, Babiy Yar) is a ravine in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and a site of massacres carried out by German forces during their campaign against the Soviet Union in World War II. The first and best documented of the massacres took place on 29–30 September 1941, killing approximately 33,771 Jews. The decision to kill all the Jews in Kyiv was made by the military governor Generalmajor Kurt Eberhard, the Police Commander for Army Group South, SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Jeckeln, and the Einsatzgruppe C Commander Otto Rasch. Sonderkommando 4a soldiers, along with the aid of the SD and SS Police Battalions with the Ukrainian Auxiliary Police backed by the Wehrmacht, carried out the orders.

The massacre was the largest mass killing under the auspices of the Nazi regime and its collaborators during its campaign against the Soviet Union and has been called "the largest single massacre in the history of the Holocaust" to that particular date, and surpassed overall only by the later 1941 Odessa massacre of more than 50,000 Jews in October 1941 (committed by German and Romanian troops) and by Aktion Erntefest of November 1943 in occupied Poland with 42,000–43,000 victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2020 11:57 AM

The Kielce pogrom was an outbreak of violence toward the Jewish community centre's gathering of refugees in the city of Kielce, Poland on 4 July 1946 by Polish soldiers, police officers, and civilian during which 42 Jews were killed and more than 40 were wounded. Polish courts later sentenced nine of the attackers to death in connection with the crimes.

As the deadliest pogrom against Polish Jews after the Second World War, the incident was a significant point in the post-war history of Jews in Poland. It took place only a year after the end of the Second World War and the Holocaust, shocking Jews in Poland, non-Jewish Poles, and the international community. It has been recognized as a catalyst for the flight from Poland of most remaining Polish Jews who had survived the Holocaust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2020 12:01 PM

"Ratlines" were a system of escape routes for Nazis and other fascists fleeing Europe in the aftermath of World War II. These escape routes mainly led toward havens in Latin America, particularly Argentina though also in Paraguay, Colombia, Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Guatemala, Ecuador and Bolivia, as well as the United States, Spain and Switzerland.

There were two primary routes: the first went from Germany to Spain, then Argentina; the second from Germany to Rome to Genoa, then South America. The two routes developed independently but eventually came together.[2] The ratlines were supported by clergy of the Catholic Church, and historian Michael Phayer claims this was supported by the Vatican.

While reputable scholars unanimously consider Nazi leader Adolf Hitler to have committed suicide in Berlin near the end of the war, various conspiracy theories claim that he survived the war and fled to Argentina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2020 12:05 PM

R32, we will Never Forget the innocent homosexuals murdered during the Holocaust

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2020 12:15 PM

It's strange that no one has empathy for the palestinians. Jews have a way of always playing the victim. Hundreds of millions were killed in that damn war. Hitler only wanted to protect his people.

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2020 12:20 PM

Oh my god, R84, that was absolutely nauseating to read.

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2020 12:23 PM

R93 Those images from the Kovno Massacre were used on a Belgium TV program to illustrate the mind/actions of a murderer. Of course, that that mind and those actions were the direct result of centuries of Jew hatred was conveniently omitted.

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2020 12:26 PM

R78 yes , very creepy as we know the outcome and know they were marked for death

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2020 12:29 PM

funny how people like R92's racism always come as a package deal.

[quote]Obama always reminded me of a chimp. African leaders always destroy the economy. Obama was no exception. His wife and children were hideous despite the media attempts to lighten their skin in pics.

and the with the Jews again

[quote]Jews are uniformly evil. Everyone including jews knows this in their heart. Hitler was smart.

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Some of the monsters killing Jews lived into an old age. They returned home and continued their lives. I often wonder did those killings come back haunting them. Faces of innocent small children and their parent trying to protect them. I hope those murderers were haunted by those memories for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote] Faces of innocent small children and their parent trying to protect them. I hope those murderers were haunted by those memories for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure they did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2020 12:51 PM

Man's inhumanity to man.

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2020 1:29 PM

[quote] I often wonder did those killings come back haunting them.

[quote] I'm sure they did.

Why should butchering Jews come back to haunt them, especially when they’ve been assured by their society and their Church that they did nothing wrong. On the contrary, they’d been schooled for centuries that murdering the “Christ killers” was their duty and the right thing to do.

Humans with a conscience don’t smile and laugh watching Jews have their heads bashed in with a crowbar. Or stripped naked and shot into a pit. Or tossing live Jewish babies into ovens. But then, the Holocaust was not perpetrated and enabled by humans, but by monsters. Tens of millions of monsters who took gleeful pride in murdering all the Jews that they could. And slept and sleep soundly at night. Because, after all, they did nothing wrong.

Take a good look at those happy faces in the images in R84 watching the horrific carnage around them. The Nazi soldier in R98 doing his duty, indifferently shooting a naked Jewish woman and her child.

[bold]Monsters, every single one of them.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2020 1:33 PM

You often stand near the Homomonument when queuing up to go into Anne Frank's House in Amsterdam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2020 1:39 PM

Lots of cities have memorials to honour dead LGBT+ victims of the Nazis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2020 1:41 PM

Thank you R76

In the early days of the Shoah, the Germans had special units called Einsatzgruppen whose job was to kill the Jews in Ukraine, Belorussia and Lithuania. They would make them dig ditches, line them up and then shoot them--as at Babi Yar outside Kiev, mentioned above.

The problem was the the soldiers in the Einsatzgruppen were not hardcore Nazis and SS, but young army conscripts and they were having nervous breakdowns on a fairly large scale, which upset the army generals and so a new plan was devised to create death camps where large numbers of Jews would be killed using zyklon B gas and then cremated.

As also noted above, the most notorious death camps-- Sobibor, Treblinka and Belzec-- are not very well known because no one survived. There are, per Wikipedia, only 7 people who survived Belzec versus 500,000 or so murdered there.

Auschwitz was both a death camp and a work camp, so some people in the work camp survived. It was also where the Germans sent the Hungarian Jews in late 1944-early 1945 and they did not have time to kill them all before the Soviets overran the camp.

More Insanity: Rather than leave the surviving Jews for the Russians, the Germans organized death marches--marching the prisoners back towards Germany to put them in other camps. Again, this at time impeded the German army and took ammunition and manpower that the Germans could not afford to spare. But killing Jews was more important. This was in early 1945, months before the fall of Berlin and the German surrender.

Back in Budapest: As I'd noted, by summer 1944, the world knew the fate that awaited the Hungarian Jews in Auschwitz. So a number of very brave diplomats from neutral countries-- Raoul Wallenberg from Sweden and diplomats from Spain, Japan and Switzerland worked around the clock to issue visas and passports to the Jews of Budapest. The Nazis for some reason, while ignoring international laws against genocide, found these pieces of paper compelling enough that they allowed Jews holding them to go free.

Also back in Budapest: Eichmann, who knew that the world knew what he was up to, tried to arrange a deal whereby he traded the lives of one million mostly Hungarian Jews for money and supplies. He approached both the Allies and the Jewish Agency (largely American and British Jews) but the plan was shut down by the Allies who realized it meant the war on the Eastern front would go on much longer and that this might have been a plot to try and negotiate a separate peace with the US and UK that did not include the Soviets.

There has long been controversy about why the Allies did not bomb the train lines from Hungary to Auschwitz. The commonly accepted reasons are that (a) the Germans would kill more Jews in reprisal than the bombings would have saved (Germans did a lot of reprisal killings throughout Europe), (b) the deportations took much needed manpower and equipment away from the German army, and (c) the bombings would have little effect as the Germans would prioritize repairing the lines which would only delay the deportations by a few days.

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2020 3:00 PM

Nazi Trump filth alert @r92

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2020 3:15 PM

This thread is making me so horny!

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2020 3:18 PM

I’m curious about the photo of the man who is on the ground in the street while a soldier walks away, four of the bystanders are holding their noses. I wonder what happened, if he was beaten so hard that he had a bowel movement, or if the soldier made him roll in horse manure.

I doubt any of these women were actually raped. They were terrrorized and dedgraded, but actual sex with a Jew was a punishable crime for Gentiles under the Reich, these Poles would have been conscious of saving their own necks.

I suppose they were marched to a wooded area, or maybe a factory yard, and shot. Deportations to camps weren’t usually done in partisan ways like this, they were organized in such a way that the Nazis could make sure the Jews were carrying their valuables with them, this way they could be robbed of them when they arrived at the camp. They also tried to keep them calm and orderly with the pretense they were being relocated for work elsewhere. Having a crazy mob scene with mayhem and panic would make it difficult to load them on the trains.

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2020 5:22 PM

Jewish women were raped and assaulted by Nazis on a regular basis in many of the camps.

by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2020 5:31 PM

Supposedly the notorious Nuremberg Laws were heavily influenced by the US ‘Separate but Equal’ laws started in the 1890s, otherwise known as good old Jim Crow. It was so ironic that the Allies were reading the beads of the Nazis about their atrocities when they were just following America’s lead. Not to mention the anti Semitism rampant in the USA. Signs all over that said things like “No Negroes, No Jews and no Catholics”. Not that this mindset was peculiar to Europe and America. Canada too. Australia’s notorious White Australia policy. Remember the liner ST. LOUIS, loaded with 937 Jewish refugees from Germany who hoped to get to Cuba only to get rejected by the president of Cuba. All part of Hitler’s and Goebbel’s plans to prove to the world that no one cared about the Jews. And all of the aforementioned nations refused to admit the refugees. The ship was forced to return to Europe. They found safe haven in some countries, but eventually fell under Nazi rule again. Many of them ended up dying in the camps. The year before they hosted the Evian Conference to decide whether to admit the Jewish refugees from Germany. Only the Dominican Republic offered to accept them. Few of the refugees took them up on their offer though. They wanted to go to the USA or Canada.

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2020 5:43 PM

German men routinely raped Russian women when they were invading the USSR, R107.

USSR soldiers routinely raped German women when they were invading Germany. It is estimated, just in Berlin alone, that 95-130K women were raped between 4/15/45 and 5/8/1945 (the end of the war in Europe). It just goes to show rape is more a crime of violence than it is sex.

Mass shootings of Jews was the most common means of execution until Himmler saw the deleterious effects it was having on the shooters. I guess killing innocent men, women and children can have an effect on even the most hardened, battle weary soldier. Himmler and the SS then began casting about for a more effective means of mass murder. Hence the evolvement of the Gas Shoah.

by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2020 5:45 PM

Why weren't they given the option of converting to Christianity instead of murder? Surly that would have been a better solution since they had so many of their children in these camps.

r108 you mean to tell me that these people had the nerve to turn their nose up at an offer from the Dominican Republic? Bet they were kicking themselves once they ended up in a Nazi-occupied country. Even up until death some people are still picky as hell.

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2020 5:46 PM

"various conspiracy theories claim that he survived the war and fled to Argentina."

Anybody who thought (thinks) joe Stalin and the NKVD would let Adolph Hitler live a carefree life in exile in Argentina didn't know Stalin or the NKVD very well.

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2020 6:03 PM

[quote] Why weren't they given the option of converting to Christianity instead of murder?

Because that didn't matter to the Nazis-- they had passed racial purity laws that said anyone with one Jewish grandparent was considered Jewish, even if they had been baptized at birth and raised Christian.

There was much controversy a while back when the Catholic Church canonized a woman Edith Stein, who was a Carmelite nun living in a convent in the Netherlands in 1942 when the Gestapo arrested her because she was born Jewish and sent her to Auschwitz where she was sent to the gas chamber on arrival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote] you mean to tell me that these people had the nerve to turn their nose up at an offer from the Dominican Republic?

They had no idea they were going to be the victims of mass murder.

And they thought that they would be able to get into a western country.

Many, like Anne Frank's parents fled to neighboring countries in Europe because they had no idea Germany would start a war.

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2020 8:09 PM

Frank relatives in London and New York offered to take the girls but Otto was determined his family would stay together. He naively thought his status as a WW1 vet would protect them. By the time they were forced into hiding it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2020 8:14 PM

Otto Frank’s status as a German veteran actually might have protected him, according to the officer who arrested him. People had to make incredibly difficult choices that often had unpredictable consequences. Most Dutch Jews died, so emigrating to Amsterdam - which had been a historically safe city for Jews - is what ultimately resulted in the death of Frank’s daughters and wife.

by Anonymousreply 115December 7, 2020 8:20 PM

More Madness: While most German Jews actually escaped the Shoah by emigrating before the start of WW2 (they had six years of severe persecution to convince them to get out) a goodly number remained in Germany and were deported to the death camps in 1942.

But a handful remained in Berlin, hidden in plain sight because they were able to pass as Aryans--they were blonde and blue-eyed, they were not religious, had converted, etc.

To find them, the Germans employed "catchers"-- Jews who had been captured by the Gestapo and were promised their lives (and often that of their families) if they would help the Gestapo find and identify other hidden Jews who were known as "u-boats". Sometimes they knew them from Jewish youth groups or Sunday school as kids, knew the families or other times they or their Gestapo helpers would spot things like the person was out all the time but did not have a job (Jews were not allowed to work)

See link to Stella Goldschlag the most infamous of the catchers

But that's how insane it was, that they actually had systems like this place. It's easy to see this happening for gays too and it well may have--we won't kill you if you help us pick out guys you used to see at gay bars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote]They had no idea they were going to be the victims of mass murder.

Here in England our connection to all this is the Kindertransport - in which 10,000 children who were sponsored found new homes in England, just before war broke out.

Weird how they so often say "I said goodbye to my parents at the station and I knew I'd never see them again". How did they know? There were people in the actual camps who couldn't believe what was going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2020 8:21 PM

[quote]But a handful remained in Berlin, hidden in plain sight because they were able to pass as Aryans--they were blonde and blue-eyed, they were not religious, had converted, etc.

The BBC made a superb documentary about this. Well worth a watch >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2020 8:23 PM

Peter Wyden, a well-known American journalist, knew and had gone to a segregated Nazi-era Jewish school with Stella Goldschlag before his family left for the US in 1937

He tracked her down years later and wrote a book about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2020 8:26 PM

Stella's mentioned in that documentary I linked @ R118. one of the hidden jews knew her from art school and was in danger. someone should have put a bullet in that cunt's head.

by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2020 8:37 PM

Thanks R120 and thanks for the link at R118

She did jump out a window later in life and seemed to have been haunted her whole life.

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2020 9:05 PM

[quote] you mean to tell me that these people had the nerve to turn their nose up at an offer from the Dominican Republic? Bet they were kicking themselves once they ended up in a Nazi-occupied country. Even up until death some people are still picky as hell.

I am reluctant to say that race played a role in this decision, but I think that it did. And the president of the DR at the time was a bit of a dictator himself. His name leaves me now, but his motives were not altogether altruistic either. He wanted to get rid of the black population through intermarriage because that’s the way it was done in Latin America and he mistakenly thought that wealthy Jews would bring money into his coffers. But a lot of Europeans turned their noses up to the colored island nations in the Caribbean, and not just Jews. But it could have saved countless lives. But...as has been mentioned here already; no one, NO ONE thought at the time that the Nazis were going to exterminate people. People mistakenly thought that they would eventually find safe havens in the First World. But the First World leaders weren’t having any of it. I think that the Australian representative at the Evian Conference said that “Currently, our country doesn’t have a racial problem and we DON’T want to import one either.”. The representative from Canada said “None is too many.”. Canada especially was afraid of letting Jewish intelligentsia in for fear that they’d take over the professorial positions at their best universities. Canada’s native Jewish population didn’t have it so good. The late game show host Monty Hall got into the entertainment business because he was discouraged from entering medical school in Ottawa - because he was a Jew. I forget his career trajectory, but he started in Canadian radio. But he was told NOT to become a doctor because of his religion. IN FUCKING CANADA, the so called liberal bastion of the North American continent. Indeed. And they only allowed Afro Caribbean people to emigrate to fill their menial jobs like nannies, chauffeurs and manual laborers. Canada, O, Canada.

by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2020 9:08 PM

These very people were likely among the world's refugees at the time. They were denied entry into most countries for fear that Jews would bring socialism with this.

And here we are nearly a century later, making up excuses as to why we shouldn't take in today's refugees.

by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2020 9:12 PM

This explains everything for you R122 - yes, Trujillo was likely hoping it would help the world forget his massacre of Haitians, but he also insisted that the refugees become farmers and many were over 50 and had never farmed before, let alone in a tropical country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2020 9:14 PM

some of the stories are amazing. this man, who I think is gay, was on the St.Louis as a child and got sent back to Europe....what happened to them is extraordinary, how they fled through Europe to France, were interned, escaped, hid in a rural French village, then their quota number for the USA came up, so they escaped through Spain to Lisbon, where they boarded a boat to New York.

He's so interesting and intelligent and he speaks with an American accent, so he's easy to follow. I totally love him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2020 9:19 PM

When terrible things are thought about or said of or done to my people, that's the worst thing that has ever or can ever happen. When the same things are thought about or said or done to these other people, though, I admit that's kind of bad. But it's not AS bad, do you understand? These other people are not so good. They are in some ways bad. They don't think like me or believe what I believe. I do not want them murdered but if they were to be murdered, it wouldn't be quite as terrible as it would be if my people were murdered.

Fuck anybody who thinks that the Jews deserved what happened to them. And fuck anybody who thinks a Jew being murdered or persecuted is somehow worse than the same thing happening to a Palestinian or a trans person or a white Trump voter or a gypsy or an African etc.

There is nothing like the human ability to justify doing to others what, done to us or those like us, would immediately stand out as a moral outrage.

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2020 9:20 PM

Those videos are haunting R125 and the stories are all so amazing.

I watched one that was the testimony of a friend's grandfather who had been in Auschwitz.

One detail always sticks with me: he talked about how every morning they would line up the prisoners (the ones who had not been sent to the gas on arrival) and would make them count out from one to ten. If you were number one or number ten, they would take you away to the gas chambers. He said that he was number nine twice and number two once.

I would have nightmares about that just from hearing it, safe in the US 50 years later, so I can only imagine what he went through.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote] The Russians were out for blood and raped and pillaged Germany like it was the Middle Ages again.

They deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2020 9:31 PM

Fuck R126 for trying to lower Jews to the level of Jew haters. Jewish lives matter!

by Anonymousreply 129December 7, 2020 9:32 PM

There is nothing like the human ability to justify doing to others what, done to us or those like us, would immediately stand out as a moral outrage.

I, in no way, intend to equate our present circumstances with the horror these poor people endured, but I remember in school seeing these types of pictures & thinking what circumstances would lead people to do this to other people who - if not friends & neighbors - were at least people they knew or interacted with in some way. But after the last 4 years of demonizing "the other", leaders who whip up hatred & nationalism, bad economic circumstances and law enforcement/military willing to look the other way, you can kind of see how all these circumstances combined to unleash immense hatred towards some group perceived to the *the problem*

by Anonymousreply 130December 7, 2020 9:33 PM

Theodore S. Kaufman was right. This is proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 7, 2020 9:37 PM

Coming here and reading most of the replies has restored my hope in humans....at least here in the DL community

by Anonymousreply 132December 7, 2020 9:38 PM

The cracker kraut menace:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2020 9:40 PM

[quote]Coming here and reading most of the replies has restored my hope in humans....at least here in the DL community

Did you read r92? Did you FF R92 - did anybody?

by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2020 9:41 PM

While I do sympathize with what the Jews went through, I remember being utterly disgusted when a few posters on here some years ago said that the Holocaust was worse in comparison to what black people went through with slavery. That the Holocaust was highly organized and systematically designed to exterminate the Jews. That 400 years of kidnapping, abuse, dehumanising, imprisonment, enslavement, torture, rape murder were not as bad as the Holocaust because, you know, the Jews are the most oppressed people to have ever existed. I, a black man, who before felt empathy had to read that, no doubt, from a gay Jew poster. Needless to say, I saved my empathy for MY people that day. I still feel sorry for those Holocaust victims but I am more removed from it because I'm sure that poster wasn't the only Jew who felt/feels that way about black people who cry about slavery.

by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2020 9:43 PM

R134 did you read the word "MOST".???? ...........that automatically eliminated the assholes

by Anonymousreply 136December 7, 2020 9:43 PM

R92 should be killed. "Protect his people" my ass! Cracker krauts aren't people. They're sub-subhuman reptilian vermin. They are a war criminal race worthy of systematic execution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2020 9:44 PM

This thread is transphobic horseshit. The National Socialist Party made huge progress in the advancement of transgenderism. That automatically makes them the good guys. Fuck that TERF bitch Eleanor Roosevelt!

[quote]Dr. Josef Mengele, nicknamed The Angel Of Death, and the other Nazi doctors at the death camps tortured men, women and children and did medical experiments of unspeakable horror during the Holocaust. Victims were put into pressure chambers, tested with drugs, castrated, frozen to death. Children were exposed to experimental surgeries performed without anesthesia, transfusions of blood from one to another, isolation endurance, reaction to various stimuli. The doctors made injections with lethal germs, [bold]sex change operations,[/bold] removal of organs and limbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote][R134] did you read the word "MOST".???? ...........that automatically eliminated the assholes

I know, I was just trying to draw your and other people's attention to him, he (r92) should be grayed out.

He's also evil and racist re Obama & wife.

by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2020 9:48 PM

germans and muslims sure love to project their psychopathic depravity onto Jews, Gays, and Black people. Even their women are sick hateful bitches:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 7, 2020 9:52 PM

I had R92 blocked.

I suspect he is the half-Palestinian Jew-hater who show up on every thread with "Israel" in the title. Even ones about the Hawaiian singer ;)

by Anonymousreply 141December 7, 2020 9:59 PM

Leviticus 24:19-21 is my permission slip to bash back.

by Anonymousreply 142December 7, 2020 10:04 PM

So would your life have been better had your ancestors remained in Africa, r135? Someone should do a serious comparison between how many African lives were lost to slavery and colonialism versus how many were saved by Western hygiene standards, vaccines, medical treatments, etc. I'm serious, I don't know what the answer would be but the discussion would certainly be entertaining. Slavery was absolutely terrible. No one in their right mind would deny that. It was terrible when it was being done by people long before Europeans did it, and it was terrible when Europeans put an end to it. But it wasn't ORGANIZED GENOCIDE, no matter how many movies Hollywood makes each year to try and guilt Americans.

Germany should have been erased from the world map after the war, r131. In all fairness, it should have been Berlin and Nuremburg instead of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but the bomb came too late. But it could have been divided back up into its component states and forbidden from ever reunifying. But the Cold War got in the way, and NATO needed West Germany to recover and pull its own weight. (And I actually say this as someone with some 1800's-immigrant German ancestry.)

Going back to Hungary 1944/5, I remember seeing an interview with the late Jewish Hungarian-American Congressman Tom Lantos. He was talking about that time and sadly noted something to the effect of "Hitler knew he had lost the war against the Allies, but he wasn't going to lose the war against the Jews." That level of fanatical hatred has always chilled me to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 143December 7, 2020 10:11 PM

Little things became major. When just few people tried to help it made a big difference. In Belgium nurses saved children from Holocaust. They hide children and even took new born babies from their mothers in hospitals (with their permission) and gave them to the families in the countyside. It was very complicated network where faked papers were nade and children traveled around the country. The people working in the network didn’t know each other. If someone got caught she couldn’t name any other person. Paper work was difficult and complicated. Children needed new identities and their real parents and new temporary parents needed to write down. All those papers had to put in a safe place. The plan was to return the children back to their parents.

Denmark was able to save many of country’s Jews by private boats. They created a system where a Jewish family sailed to Sweden. Jews from Denmark were sent to camps but even then Denmark, occupied, bribed Germans to keep their citizens alive and sent them food etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 7, 2020 10:14 PM

And yet another paradox to add to the pile, despite atrocities committed by Polish people against Jews, the highest number of names among the "Righteous Among Nations" at Yad Vashem are Polish. (The "Righteous Among Nations" recognizes non-Jews who saved Jewish lives during the Holocaust.)

by Anonymousreply 145December 7, 2020 10:19 PM

Yet now Germany has gay marriage while Poland and Israel do not. Explain that.

by Anonymousreply 146December 7, 2020 10:25 PM

Because Israel and Poland both have small but influential communities of religious fanatics R146

And Israel recognizes gay marriage performed abroad so Israeli gays go to Europe to get married.

by Anonymousreply 147December 7, 2020 10:27 PM

Those Germans.

by Anonymousreply 148December 7, 2020 10:28 PM

I have been a student of the Holocaust for years now, but I have been increasingly reading about the terror in towns and cities. It is something so horrifying to know that one moment you're in your house and the next minute you're running down the street screaming (like the woman in OP's photo). People tend to focus on the camps and the systematic brutality and murder, but to me the sheer terror of having such horrors inflicted by those who you thought were neighbors and friends ins simply unimaginable.

As R77 said, the Kaunas Pogrom was unspeakably vile. There is a show on Netflix (?) called Einzatzgruppen that has footage of the people being beaten in the streets, women running madly around, half-dressed, and an image I can never forget: a woman being dragged by her hair -- her hair! -- with her hands in supplication.

Miriam Margolyes said on the Graham Norton Show that she had just been in Lithuania and felt really special because, as a Jew, there were none left and she was the only one. The pall on the audience is really something. to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 7, 2020 10:29 PM

Agreed R145

The Poles did not have it easy under the Germans either.

While they were not subject to genocide, they were enslaved as laborers in Germany -- the Germans considered Slavs to be somewhere below Aryans but above Jews on the continuum of worthy humans.

And the Germans would often enter a Polish village, kill the mayor, the priest, the schoolmaster and anyone else in authority.

Just to make sure the Poles knew their place.

One could also argue that there were a lot more Jews in Poland (prewar Jewish population was 3.4 million) than in France or Belgium, so a lot more opportunities to do good, but anyone in the Hall of Righteous Gentiles risked their life to help.

by Anonymousreply 150December 7, 2020 10:32 PM

By many accounts, r150, after the Jews were eliminated the Germans planned mass expulsions and exterminations of Slavs. Blonde-haired blue-eyed Polish, Ukrainian, Russian children were routinely taken to Germany to be raised by German families.

It's such a damn shame that the Polish right wing uses the history for their own evil ends, because the Poles are justified in being angry about their suffering being diminished. Thousands of Poles were murdered by the Soviets at Katyn forest shortly after it was partitioned in 1940. Millions of non-Jewish Poles were murdered by the Nazis. Poland suffered terribly, and I can understand why they might get angry about being blamed for the Holocaust in any way. But completely ignoring the Poles who DID help murder Jews isn't the answer either.

by Anonymousreply 151December 7, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]When terrible things are thought about or said of or done to my people, that's the worst thing that has ever or can ever happen. When the same things are thought about or said or done to these other people, though, I admit that's kind of bad. But it's not AS bad, do you understand? These other people are not so good.

[quote] Oh we understand, Toots. You're very special. As in: utterly deranged.

by Anonymousreply 152December 7, 2020 11:00 PM

Thanks r143 for proving my point. It's no less horrific whether you think an INDUSTRY of enslaving humans as cattle who were taken from their family and homeland and experienced traumas for 400 years was not a week organized genocide. Then you justify it by saying slaves were better off as slaves than they were in underdeveloped Africa. Or that others partook in slavery before Europeans made it into a trans Atlantic trading industry. Or that Europeans "ended" it not out of the goodness of their heart but under pressure from activists and the gradual decreasing economic benefit of it against growing industrialisation. You're one of those bitches speaking about the Holocaust every year while at the same time telling African Americans to get over slavery huh.

by Anonymousreply 153December 7, 2020 11:08 PM

r139 I have read every post on this thread. Believe me, I have not missed those people posts

by Anonymousreply 154December 7, 2020 11:15 PM

Whatever, r153. Nobody in the history of the universe has suffered more horrifically than black people. Even as Matthew Shepard was dying on that fence, his pain and suffering paled in comparison to the gut-wrenching agony that Oprah Winfrey, LeBron James and Michelle Obama experience every second of their lives. Happy now?

And sorry about participating in the idiotic thread hijack. There is some good history being posted here.

by Anonymousreply 155December 7, 2020 11:43 PM

R149, thanks for the reference to this show; the first episode shows that woman being dragged by her hair. but i think it's in lviv - not kaunas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 7, 2020 11:47 PM

R155 you want me to list all the rich and powerful JEWS in America today as a retort? This isn't a tit for tat sister, grow the fuck up Yentl.

by Anonymousreply 157December 7, 2020 11:51 PM

The poorest gentile has more privilege than the richest Jew.

by Anonymousreply 158December 8, 2020 12:00 AM

while it doesn’t seem hard to believe that rape as a weapon of violence would be used against Jewesses, I really don’t think that was as common as you think. They were considered subhuman and as I posted, there were severe penalty for defiling race. What I DO remember reading though was that the prisoners were often raped by their Russian liberators, and it for so bad that the women tried to flee the newly liberated camps (with nowhere to go) and risk taking their chances with the Polish partisans who were none too happy that Jews were suddenly appearing again in their towns and cities.

by Anonymousreply 159December 8, 2020 12:18 AM

Ironically, November 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the start of the Nuremburg Trials.

Miraculously, none of the defendants in that trial claimed to know anything about the Holocaust, and/or feigned horror at the pictures/newsreels they were being shown at the start of the trials, especially Herr Goering and rabidly anti-Semitic Alfred Rosenberg and Julius Streicher.

by Anonymousreply 160December 8, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote] Jewesses

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 8, 2020 12:25 AM

R159 is trolling.

F&F and block.

Hint: the use of the word "Jewesses"

by Anonymousreply 162December 8, 2020 12:26 AM

I am not, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 163December 8, 2020 12:31 AM

Does anyone really think this could happen again? I ask because of the internet. Think about it. Those poor people had no idea what was coming. With the internet we all know everything. Take the DL for example. There are so many here in the know.

by Anonymousreply 164December 8, 2020 1:48 AM

Watching the Netflix documentary referenced above, an eyewitness who was a child in Lithuania at the time of the 1941 pogroms tells of a German soldier who bragged about seeing a young female Jew “with a nice ass”. He raped her.

by Anonymousreply 165December 8, 2020 1:49 AM

R164, people in Rwanda knew and couldn’t stop it.

The Uighurs know and can’t stop it.

by Anonymousreply 166December 8, 2020 1:50 AM

The creepiest pictures of the Holocaust for me are the pictures with just everyday workers in concentration camps just smiling at the camera as if they are just doing a job. And that's what's so creepy about it. To these people, this was their job and something they took pride in and they believe themselves to be good people. That's fucked up. But so common.

by Anonymousreply 167December 8, 2020 1:56 AM

Yes r164 it can happen again. Of course, it won’t be the same asNazi Germany/Holocaust.

Less than 500 years it will happen again

by Anonymousreply 168December 8, 2020 2:36 AM

The more I reflect on the things, behaviors, people and news we’ve all experienced in this past very Dark Ages-like year, the more these images and the evil behind them seem possible to reoccur in the future in our increasingly barbaric and ignorant world.

by Anonymousreply 169December 8, 2020 2:48 AM

I still don’t understand why they were so hated.

by Anonymousreply 170December 8, 2020 3:13 AM

Tribalism is very common. You kill,rape,torture the other tribe. Jews just know how to spread propaganda so we think they are the only victims. They were our enemy and were dealt with. The Jewish communists in soviet union killed hundred of millions. We don't get pics or accounts of that.

by Anonymousreply 171December 8, 2020 5:15 AM

Put r171 on ignore and read all the trolling she's doing. At one point she says she's a Chinese Biden voter and in the same thread she says Trump should never give up. Typical bullshit. She not even good at trolling. Give it up, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 172December 8, 2020 5:25 AM

This may be an unpopular query, but I mean, maybe people hate Jews because they're generally assholes? Not saying they deserve pogroms and whatnot, but has anyone here ever met a nice one? The ones I've known have pretty much been unpleasant, sour shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 173December 8, 2020 5:27 AM

No I don't think it could ever be this bad in the US. But over the summer BOTH sides were aggressive and at times violent toward the other side or just violent in general.

People need to remember this violence was the policy of the government and its puppet governments. They carried it out and encouraged their conquered lands to also engage. Not that many of them needed much encouragement.

People have tried to explain the persecution of the Jews by suggesting it was because they never assimilated and kept to themselves. That fomented jealousy of their success and "otherness". But that's bullshit because they omit the fact that the attacks were just as vile and evil against those not successful and the attacks on all those German and Austrian Jews who were completely assimilated in the country culture.

How do you explain evil? You can't. It just is.

by Anonymousreply 174December 8, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote]Does anyone really think this could happen again? I ask because of the internet. Think about it. Those poor people had no idea what was coming. With the internet we all know everything. Take the DL for example. There are so many here in the know.

In the know? If you say something that's not generally popular on here you get shouted down and pushed out.

There's no real freedom of information on DL or anywhere on the net.

[quote]Those poor people had no idea what was coming.

The holocaust had been rolling for years when the Germans entered Hungary and set to work. Of course people knew.

As I already said upthread there was far more information available about what was going on if you look at the archives of the British Jewish press, but it was suppressed...just as so much is today...as has become especially evident in the year of Corona.

There is very clear evidence the allies knew what was going on in the camps - aerial photos have emerged, even with details such as "people being marched towards the gas chambers".

by Anonymousreply 175December 8, 2020 7:01 AM

here from 1944

click on pic for clarity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 8, 2020 7:02 AM

Growing up in the 80s and learning about the Holocaust, I wondered how people could have just watched what was happening to their neighbours without fighting for them. Then came Bosnia, Rwanda, Sudan, Syria and now China.

There is so much complacency amongst liberals and the left about Jew hate, from the insistence that Jews are white and benefit from white privilege to holding all Jews responsible for Israel and expecting them to denounce Israel in a way, for example. someone with Pakistani heritage would never be held accountable for that country's actions.

Many of the comments here have focused on the fate of Jewish women. Anyone who's followed the progression of the UK Labour Party as an organisation that can elect a Jewish leader yet defend outright antisemites, to a party that elected a notorious antisemite as leader and went on to break laws, will have noticed it was Jewish women who faced the brunt of the abuse, both inside the Labour Party and other public figures. And it has to be said that with a few notable exceptions, most high profile Jewish men were absolutely pathetic in supporting them.

by Anonymousreply 177December 8, 2020 7:03 AM

click on this and examine carefully, they did more than label and identify the gas chambers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 8, 2020 8:38 AM

Modern day Jew hate (R171) is bizarre. People just make shit up (like the Trumptards). I know it’s centuries old, but it’s quite baffling (Borat films). To hear latency aged Maddrassa students repeat Bronze Age fiction is stupefying. Smfh

by Anonymousreply 179December 8, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote]Modern day Jew hate ([R171]) is bizarre.

Not at all. Jew hatred is so entrenched in culture and mindset, so familiar that no one sees let alone thinks let alone realizes that they are spewing eons old anti-Jewish scree. And unlike government/media efforts to educate the public about Black racism or Islamophobia, there has never been any effort to do the same about Jew hatred. Thus Jew hatred continues on, socially unchallenged, accepted/acceptable and rewarded. I can think of no better example of just how Jew hatred is socially accepted and rewarded than this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 8, 2020 11:00 AM

Modern day antisemitism:

There's a young woman from Liverpool called Kayla Bibby, she's a member of the Labour Party and a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn. Like most young people she uses the internet and one day she finds an image on a Neo Nazi website titled "Bloodsucking Alien Parasites Killing America" - the image is of a face hugging alien with the Star Of David on its back, wrapped around the Statue of Liberty's head.

Kayla Bibby loved the image so much she leaves a message on the Neo Nazi website asking if they can send her the image in a different format so she can share it in Facebook. The Neo Nazi website sends her the image.

Kayla Bibby then shares the image on Facebook with the caption "The most accurate photo I've seen all year!". Thankfully lots of people who see Bibby's Facebook post recognise it as being a Nazi image and contact the Labour Party to make a complaint that one of their members is sharing Nazi propaganda.

The Labour Party decided to take no action, deciding "There does not appear to be use of generalised use of antisemitic imagery, but rather these are generally distasteful cartoons about the perceived relationship [between] Israel and the US". As a result of no action taken against Kalya Bibby, she was welcome to attend the Labour Party conference alongside Labour's two Jewish female MPs representing Liverpool seats, both of whom later left the party because of anti Jewish racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 8, 2020 11:51 AM

that gold chain or ring you’re wearing? That’s right, Holocaust teeth.

The Nazis made a huge plunder of gold, from gold teeth and filling and bridgework which was the common metal for dentistry. Plus rings and other jewels, and watches, and gold coins. All this was sorted and sent to Germany to refineries, where the extraneous metals were removed and the pure 24 karat gold made into bars. This gold was discreetly sold to Switzerland, Sweden, and other neutral countries in order to fund the Nazi war effort. There is NO way of tracing the refined gold back to its origins, gold is gold. It went on the international market and that was it. It’s everywhere and they made a HUGE haul of it.

by Anonymousreply 182December 8, 2020 12:03 PM

The Swiss sound quite mercenary.

by Anonymousreply 183December 8, 2020 12:05 PM

r181, why was labour in britain so anti-jewish? is labour more anti-semitic than the conservatives?

by Anonymousreply 184December 8, 2020 12:13 PM

R173 is projecting gentile pathology onto Jews like a typical antisemite. Maybe you were treated like shit because you are shit.

by Anonymousreply 185December 8, 2020 12:17 PM

R143, it’s reprehensible to make a contest out of this. And the hygiene thing? I mean, really? Africans are cleaner than a lot of white people I know of. Your remarks reek of bigotry and privilege.

by Anonymousreply 186December 8, 2020 12:19 PM

well, R186. Sometimes their hair looks a little manky in between washings, I’ve seen lots of women on week two or three of a hairdo and you can see dandruff flakes and pillow fuzz. AA hair can’t be washed daily. It breaks or something.

by Anonymousreply 187December 8, 2020 12:27 PM

Whites are good people and they would not kill if there was not good reason. I don't buy the myth of jews being innocent powerless people. Everything I have read or experienced contradicts this.

by Anonymousreply 188December 8, 2020 12:47 PM

Whites are an imperialist oppressor class, R188. If your experience with Jews (capital J Jews, boy) was bad, then that's your fault for being a racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 189December 8, 2020 12:49 PM

Q: What is the proper word for a white man?

A: Boy!

by Anonymousreply 190December 8, 2020 12:50 PM

R173 they can be charming. They are destroying us through multiculturalism. The pograms were spontaneous reactions to injustice.

by Anonymousreply 191December 8, 2020 12:50 PM

White gentile heterosexual monoculturalism is literally killing the planet.

by Anonymousreply 192December 8, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote][R181], why was labour in britain so anti-jewish? is labour more anti-semitic than the conservatives?

Labour always had a problem with anti Jewish cranks. Former Labour MP Ken Livingstone was elected Mayor Of London as an independent candidate, later returning to the Labour fold. He has a long history of fraternising with horrible racist groups and making anti Jewish statements but he was tolerated, even when he became a liability, like in 2008 when he could have stood down as Mayor of London and allowed someone "clean" to stand for Labour, but he didn't and Boris Johnson won. Livingstone was the candidate again in 2012 and Boris Johnson beat him again, despite the anti Tory riots the year before.

Jeremy Corbyn's election as Labour leader in 2015 was a catalyst for those who had long harboured anti Jewish sentiments to come out into the open. He enabled and encouraged them. He really thought that he was a lifelong anti racist who had unimpeachable credentials when it came to equality - but he was just a grumpy entitled posh white man who saw himself as a white saviour. In the same way that Trump's election made people comfortable to come out of the shadows, Corbyn did the same. Corbyn also had a lifelong obsession with Israel, famously laying a wreath at the graves of the men who planned the Munich Olympic massacre, leading a campaign to free the bombers who attacked the London Israeli embassy, writing letters of support in defence of a vicar who blamed the 9/11 attacks on Israel.

One comment I saw was that Corbyn and Trump share the same antisemitism, which I think is true: they both believe in the historic tropes of Jews as being manipulative, crafty, shadowy, obsessed with money, greedy, controlling and oppressing real victims of racism. Trump sees that as a positive, Corbyn believes it's something to overcome.

Worth noting that Ed Miliband, the Labour leader from 2010 to 2015, has been absolutely invisible on antisemitism over the last 5 years. He defended Ken Livingstone as not having a racist bone in his body., he was silent as the 4 Jewish female Labour MPs were abused, targeted and victimised, he has been pathetic.

The Conservatives undeniably have a problem with racism based on skin colour and religion, misogyny and homophobia, but perversely being Black/Asian/Muslim/Jewish/Female/Gay will not stop you climbing the ranks in the party.

If you want to learn more about antisemitism in the Labour Party, listen to Oz Katerji's podcast Corbynism: The Post Mortem. Oz is gay Muslim British Lebanese journalist who is despised by Owen Jones and the Corbyn enablers and he really gets to the heart of what happened. You don't need to listen to all the episodes, but it is a truly great series.

by Anonymousreply 193December 8, 2020 12:51 PM

Every majority white nation has the blood of Jews, gays, and people of color on its hands:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 8, 2020 12:52 PM

R190 blacks are a slave class. Read your Bible, buddy. Blacks can only function where whites provide structure ie slavery or prison.

by Anonymousreply 195December 8, 2020 12:53 PM

Whites are a murderer class. Every other race did just fucking fine without aryan meddling.

by Anonymousreply 196December 8, 2020 12:54 PM

There would be no fucking Bible if not for the Jews, you white trash oppressor class parasite!

by Anonymousreply 197December 8, 2020 12:55 PM

Just for this, the British Empire should have colonized all of mainland Europe just to punish them for the blitz and the Holocaust and to make up for their other territories becoming independent, and the entirety of the Middle East should have been made into Jewish Israel.

by Anonymousreply 198December 8, 2020 12:58 PM

The bible is clear that brown and yellow people are supplied in the billions to be slaves for the white race. Those who fail to read the Bible hell awaits.

by Anonymousreply 199December 8, 2020 12:58 PM

from OP's link.

this woman's face appears in the powerful intro to World At War - the famous documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 8, 2020 1:01 PM

here >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 8, 2020 1:02 PM

There are 55 african controlled countries. They are all equally impoverished. We must harvest these animals to work our farms and mines as the bible instructs.

by Anonymousreply 202December 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Then you should be Jewish because "I am the Lord Thy God" and "Thou shalt have no Gods before Me" means no Gods but God.

by Anonymousreply 203December 8, 2020 1:02 PM

On this day in history: December 8, 1945, Josef Kramer, commandant of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, aka the Best of Belsen, one his notorious assistants, Irma Grese, and 9 other defendants are sentenced to hang for war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 204December 8, 2020 1:02 PM

R202 is why non-gay non-Jewish whites should all be slaves.

by Anonymousreply 205December 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Slavery will soon be reinstated. The blm savages have ensured that.

by Anonymousreply 206December 8, 2020 1:05 PM

Would you settle for a [italic]Song of the South[/italic] Blu-ray instead?

by Anonymousreply 207December 8, 2020 1:07 PM

Good fucking lord...I take back what I posted yesterday...Looks like the worlds Anti -Semites have slithered out from under their rocks to post today..

by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2020 1:14 PM

And it's time to crush their fucking skulls with those rocks, R208.

by Anonymousreply 209December 8, 2020 1:16 PM

[quote]eremy Corbyn's election as Labour leader in 2015 was a catalyst for those who had long harboured anti Jewish sentiments to come out into the open. He enabled and encouraged them.

R193 Corbyn didn't "enable" or "encourage" Jew hatred that has been entrenched and acceptable in England since the 10th century. Labour Party members were perfectly comfortable with Corbyn's Jew hatred, electing him as Leader twice. And Labour have just reinstated him into the Labour Party. This, and Labour's on-going extraordinary efforts to belittle and dismiss accusations of Labour Jew hatred makes Labour as deplorable and appalling as the BNP and other political parties in which bigotry is a plank in their platform.

by Anonymousreply 210December 8, 2020 1:16 PM

I wonder if people ever look at the pictures of kids flinging rocks at fleeing Jews and think "oh look, there's grandpa!" It's moving to hear the survivor's stories, but it would be equally interesting & educational for someone to say "that's me in the picture terrorizing that poor woman/man; that person never did anything to me & I am ashamed of my behavior, but I did it at the time because..."

by Anonymousreply 211December 8, 2020 1:19 PM

"The bible is clear that brown and yellow people are supplied in the billions to be slaves for the white race. Those who fail to read the Bible hell awaits."

"There are 55 african controlled countries. They are all equally impoverished. We must harvest these animals to work our farms and mines as the bible instructs."

"Then you should be Jewish because "I am the Lord Thy God" and "Thou shalt have no Gods before Me" means no Gods but God."

"Slavery will soon be reinstated. The blm savages have ensured that."

JFC. They'll let any fucking maggot post any kind of garbage here, won't they? And yet, I am constantly being suspended from posting for challenging these assholes who post shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 212December 8, 2020 1:20 PM

More proof white goyim are a cancer.

by Anonymousreply 213December 8, 2020 1:26 PM

r211 You will NEVER here that because these same rock, axe, stick, brick welding monsters will tell you how busy they were SAVING the Jews in their towns and cities..

by Anonymousreply 214December 8, 2020 1:42 PM

Good riddance to the genital mutilators. I got an erectia looking at the pictures btw.

by Anonymousreply 215December 8, 2020 1:50 PM

...and will be sending you back to our Live Program of "1941"

by Anonymousreply 216December 8, 2020 2:46 PM

This will happen again, is happening in the world now and will happen here if things don't change.

MAGAts have decided some people aren't fully human or worth living, and those are the ones they'll eventually go from just jeering at a rally to actively working to murder.

by Anonymousreply 217December 8, 2020 2:50 PM

R206 Eat shit, you rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218December 8, 2020 2:51 PM

R218, they’re trolling you. Keep your sanity and put them on ignore. You and I know that we’re on the right side of morality. They’re not.

by Anonymousreply 219December 8, 2020 2:54 PM

It's time to teach the bible in school. Jews are a foreign enemy tribe that we must extinguish.

by Anonymousreply 220December 8, 2020 3:03 PM

If you don't understand tribalism you don't understand life. You are sheltered from competition. Our ancestors hated jews. Our ancestors were more connected to the harshness of life. We are weak and naive.

by Anonymousreply 221December 8, 2020 3:18 PM

R211 my thought is that the perpetrators in those images weren’t ashamed of their behavior. If found out, they are only contrite because they are caught.

by Anonymousreply 222December 8, 2020 3:23 PM

Most people were opposed to abolition especially blacks. People need to read the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 223December 8, 2020 3:26 PM

Humans are tribal. We have been torturing enemy tribes for millions of years. Jews just have more effective propaganda. Notice how Jews are getting away with displacing and exterminating palestinian s. Scum.

by Anonymousreply 224December 8, 2020 3:32 PM

Gassing is a humane way to die. Most whites dies slow cancer death. At least white christians go to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 225December 8, 2020 3:36 PM

[R211] my thought is that the perpetrators in those images weren’t ashamed of their behavior. If found out, they are only contrite because they are caught.

That's possible and while most of the perpetrators are likely dead at this point, kids are chasing the woman with the bloody nose in OPs' picture. They'd be old, but possibly still alive...

I mean realistically, all we're going to hear at this point is "well, yes I was in the Hitler Youth, but I HAD to do it" - it would just be interesting for someone to admit the hysteria they were caught up in that lead them to do this stuff

by Anonymousreply 226December 8, 2020 3:46 PM

[R225]: Gassing “humane?” Zyklon B?

Try it sometime.

by Anonymousreply 227December 8, 2020 3:46 PM

There are photos all over the internet that show local people of Nazi occupied territories helping them to harass, round up and even murder Jews. In just about every country they invaded, the local population assisted them to some degree. I think that Denmark was the only nation that had an extremely large number of anti-Nazi citizens who did all they could do to save their Jewish neighbors. They helped 95% of their Jews escape to Sweden. Only 500 or so were caught and they were sent to Theriesenstadt, the so-called‘Paradise Ghetto’. Some died there, like one hundred or so, through illness or starvation; many of those captured were elderly. And the Danish government persisted in constant inquiries to the well being of the Danish Jews , even having the Red Cross check up on them and ensuring that they got their packages of food, medicines and clothing. And the Danish Jews were some of the first Jews sent back by the Red Cross when the Nazis attempted to repatriate prisoners. The only other country that came close? Italy?

by Anonymousreply 228December 8, 2020 3:48 PM

Ignorant trolls like R220 are disease carrying vermin who must die in a horrible grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 229December 8, 2020 3:50 PM

R135 - I understand your viewpoint. I would put it that it's a comparison of life imprisonment and denigration vs. death penalty. Neither is good - but the long term suffering is definitely greater with the former.

However, there is still the existence of life and future generations. Jews didn't have that option.

by Anonymousreply 230December 8, 2020 4:11 PM

So many neo-Nazi DLers. So few FFs.

by Anonymousreply 231December 8, 2020 4:12 PM

They're not DLers R231

They're trolls

by Anonymousreply 232December 8, 2020 4:18 PM

Americans don’t know about this particular incident as much, because there was nudity involved and the pictures were censored by television for decades. People have seen pictures of Jews standing by a pit and being shot, for example. It’s too bad American media thinks nudity and rape are worse than murder.

There was a 1983 TV mini-series called The Winds of War, and then later its sequel, War and Remembrance, that showed nudity when Jewish prisoners were gassed at a death camp. There was a little bit of controversy at the time, but it was generally agreed this should be allowed to be shown because it was important, so they got a censorship waiver. This was before cable and all TV programs were subject to FCC censorship for nudity and language or sexual content. The two TV series were based on well researched novels by author Herman Wouk. Wouk was a highly respected author that wrote novels set in historical times.

I remember at the time, seeing advertisements about a series of documentary Holocaust videos you could buy that had content that couldn’t be broadcast. There were a few brief shots showing video of an old couple being beaten, so I thought the content must be very violent street attacks of Jews. Now I realize what made the content unable to be broadcast wasn’t violent street attacks, it was nudity and possibly rape. And that War and Remembrance got away with showing nudity because it was in an absolutely sexless context.

That kind of censorship does people a disservice, because Americans have grown up with famous, violent but sexless pictures of the Holocaust, not knowing there was a sexual aspect, because nudity was so censored. Most Americans just know Russians raped Germans. They don’t know about this. And since every aspect of the aftermath of the Holocaust was collected and documented by the U.S. Army, there are probably many more photos and interview transcripts buried in a file somewhere that will never be published in the U.S.

There are some Holocaust documentaries on Netflix and HBO, showing brief video of some German girls in the street after the war was over, with black eyes and shamed looking faces. They barely even explained why, you just knew. And you know there’s a lot more documentation of the raped dead girls lying in the street after the Russians went through. But it’s all censored, and as a result, that entire part of history is just swept under the rug and most people today know little or nothing about it, don’t understand how prevalent it was, and probably think it was a few bad apples, and not government sanctioned mass sexual assault. On all sides. It’s really important to cover this so people understand the true picture. In school we learned, “there was a law against Nazis raping Jews so they didn’t do it.” Look at those pictures, it’s pretty plain that’s a lie.

by Anonymousreply 233December 8, 2020 4:21 PM

My goodness, r194. So ugly, because it’s so fucking true, isn’t it? I would be reluctant to include gays and women though, especially in European and English speaking countries; because they are intersected with white supremacy. Their lives depend upon their white privilege.

I don’t understand why these bigoted trolls are not banned from posting here.

by Anonymousreply 234December 8, 2020 4:24 PM

Fuck this White Supremacy bullshit . Explain why Islam hates Jews? It isn’t because of White People it is because it went right back to the Koran. If we are going to explain White Privilege explain 1 million Chinese in Concentration camps now !!

We need to stop pitting each other against each other.

Fact. We all think we would have saved the Jews in 1939 if we would have been there. We wouldn’t. The reason being we would be stuck in the same mindset with the same issues.

What happened to the Jews was horrific and was up there either most evil thing Humans have ever done. Just fact. We should never allow ourselves to believe we are not capable of a similar thing again. But to say today is like 1940s Eastern Europe is an insult to every Jew who was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 235December 8, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]Fact. We all think we would have saved the Jews in 1939 if we would have been there. We wouldn’t.

Exactly. Too many armchair heroes, looking back on a situation that has ended, safely saying what they would've done. But living IN that time is a completely different thing. Most people here wouldn't know what it's like living under a system like that, how few opportunities you actually have to make a difference without disappearing yourself. This is why the people who DID work to save Jewish people, or to do the right thing in any situation like this, are even more amazing than we give them credit for.

by Anonymousreply 236December 9, 2020 12:09 AM

R235, I think we do know how we would act. How have we acted the last four years? That’s how we would have acted. Did we fight back? Mostly not.

I used to read about the Holocaust when I was a kid and wonder, why did average people let this happen? How could they be so stupid? And here we are. If Trump had been re-elected, you wouldn’t have to wonder how you would have acted in Nazi Germany, you’d know. Trump would have been rounding up people and putting them in concentration camps. Not just Mexicans either. I think he would have locked up anybody that had spoken against him and thrown the key away, if not had them executed. And all those MAGATs would cheer and do the Nazi salute. He’s already doing nighttime Nuremberg rallies.

He’s a big Hitler fan, from back when he was married to Ivana. She said he had a book of Hitler speeches by his bedside every night. It’s not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 237December 9, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote] She said he had a book of Hitler speeches by his bedside every night

Hmmm. It must have been the version with illustrations ;)

by Anonymousreply 238December 9, 2020 12:25 AM

[quote] . She said he had a book of Hitler speeches by his bedside every night

I"m guessing that's what he read to Ivanka everynight before their "passion" took hold.

by Anonymousreply 239December 9, 2020 12:26 AM

To say Trump is Hitler is ridiculous. But there is no point in arguing this believe what you want to believe.

But you are right you would have done nothing, just like right now ,when 1 million people are in concentration camps having organs harvested and having their hair sold as wigs . Instead of talking about a real atrocity literally occurring now and all we can talk about Teump being a Hitler

by Anonymousreply 240December 9, 2020 1:01 AM

R240 = poorly written English, probably from troll farm

by Anonymousreply 241December 9, 2020 2:16 AM

R240 = Russian guy complaining about China, or Chinese guy complaining about Russia?

by Anonymousreply 242December 9, 2020 2:37 AM

No surprise that I had R92 blocked already.

by Anonymousreply 243December 9, 2020 2:56 AM

r180 that's really odd considering Jews own a sizable control of the media in the US. Why didn't they make it into a bigger deal? If you control the news papers, segments of the TV news, and Hollywood what's stopping you from making that an issue. God knows Hollywood beat us over the head with WWII movies forgetting all about WWI.

If it is such an issue why aren't they using their vast resources to educate the masses?

by Anonymousreply 244December 9, 2020 3:28 AM

No group is hated without a reason. There is always a reason. And beneath all, there is always a rational reason.

You can see this with the growing hatred of China due to its bullying nationalism.

Outraged denial, and a childish failure to face up to, and alter the behaviour, only causes the pushback to continue.

No one has hated the Scandis since they decided being thieving Vikings wasn't working for them.

by Anonymousreply 245December 9, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] No group is hated without a reason.

Especially not the fucking krauts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 9, 2020 4:10 AM

[Quote] You can see this with the growing hatred of China due to its bullying nationalism.

Nationalism has always been in China. So what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 247December 9, 2020 4:16 AM

All majority-white nations are morally suspect but Germany, Italy, and Russia are the worst of the worst. Even their American descendants are proof that "anti-white racism" is just a politically correct way of saying the N-word without actually saying it.

by Anonymousreply 248December 9, 2020 4:21 AM

[R240] = poorly written English, probably from troll farm

[R240] = Russian guy complaining about China, or Chinese guy complaining about Russia?

—Anonymous

There we have 101, the lesson in how to dehumanise someone .Classic Nazi strategy. Makes them easier to get rid of . See how that is done ?

by Anonymousreply 249December 9, 2020 4:53 AM

Oppressor classes dehumanize themselves through their violent genocidal psychopathy.

by Anonymousreply 250December 9, 2020 5:10 AM

r92 r171 r188 r191 r195 r199 r202 r206 r220 r221 r223 r224 r225

Why hasn't this evil insane asshole been banned yet?

by Anonymousreply 251December 9, 2020 6:11 AM

R251 Because Jew hatred is acceptable and rewarded. There is no cultural, social or political stigma or censure for Jew hatred. See this this thread and scores like it for examples. See media, community, political and government leaders for examples. And if you still have doubts, take another look at the image in R180.

by Anonymousreply 252December 9, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote]Nationalism has always been in China. So what are you talking about?

Sweetie, you need to start reading newspapers. China, or rather Jinping, has decided it is in the country's interests to become a global bully. And has begun economically 'punishing' nations who refuse to kneel to its will. There will be tears.

by Anonymousreply 253December 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Given that hundreds of millions died during ww2 it is amazing that we are only concerned with the 3 million max jews that were humanely gassed. Everybody who has dealt with jews hate them. This is true in all countries and time periods. White people are good kind people. No other people would tolerate black crime and blm terrorism. Good whites had enough with Jews and got revenge during ww2. We need to pray that the palestinians get their revenge. Read your gosh darn bible, people.

by Anonymousreply 254December 9, 2020 1:05 PM

R254, where did the creepy man touch you?

by Anonymousreply 255December 9, 2020 1:11 PM

"Read your gosh darn bible, people."

I'd love to take your god damned, worthless bible and shove it up ignorant, prolapsed, gaping asshole, R254.

by Anonymousreply 256December 9, 2020 1:38 PM

I'm majorly disappointed in Jesse Jackson. Not just for his ignorant and alienating "Hymietown" remarks, but also for the fact that he has built a career on a lie - that he cradled MLK, Jr. in his arms after he was shot. Shaking down corporations claiming he was demanding diversity when he was actually pocketing the money and grifting for his cronies; whoremongering in churches of all places and fathering a child out of wedlock while "counseling" Bill Clinton in the aftermath of the Monica Lewinsky scandal. He is a major hypocrite and phony. He's done nothing for the African-American community.

by Anonymousreply 257December 9, 2020 2:07 PM

He’s also unattractive!

by Anonymousreply 258December 9, 2020 4:50 PM

R257, Jackson really is a notorious pussyhound. Constantly pursuing women all the time in all places. I;ve heard stories from people in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 259December 9, 2020 6:02 PM

Agreed R259. He pulled a couple of young married women from my grandparents' church in Philadelphia. They practically threw their panties in his face, though. His poor wife. Classy woman who has had to put up with a lot from him and their sons.

by Anonymousreply 260December 9, 2020 6:21 PM

R260, that doesn't surprise me at all. I know MLK has been exposed as being a perpetual cheater but he was still a great man who accomplished great things. Has Jackson done anything recently worth talking about!? And I think his son inherited his propensity for cheating.

by Anonymousreply 261December 9, 2020 6:28 PM

As was Bill Clinton r261 and I still voted for him twice...people cheat

by Anonymousreply 262December 9, 2020 6:49 PM

R262, Bill Clinton actually did important thingss and got a lot done despite dealing with the vile New Gingrich. Can anyone explain what Jackson's recent accompishments are? All he does is talk, talk, talk. The difference is also that Bill Clinton doesn't pretend to be an uber-religious "man of god" the way Jackson does.

by Anonymousreply 263December 9, 2020 6:58 PM

There were good people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 264December 9, 2020 9:25 PM

I love how posters try to derail interesting threads.

Shocking photos. Shocking inhumanity. Reading about guy in Lithuania who just beat with pipe 50 guys to death one after the other, is so shocking.

by Anonymousreply 265December 9, 2020 10:52 PM

Today we are visited by a Holocaust denier at r254. The pervasive anti-semitism at Datalounge may have jaded you; but, please, spare a F&F for this very special guest.

by Anonymousreply 266December 9, 2020 11:32 PM

Already blocked them r266

by Anonymousreply 267December 9, 2020 11:44 PM

Maybe he's that freaky guy people used to call 'the anti-semitic troll" - krept back in.

by Anonymousreply 268December 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Wasn't my intention to derail the thread. My bad. It's just that Jesse Jackson is a hypocritical anti-Semite.

I hate to say that the Holocaust is a "favorite" subject, but I do find it fascinating and tragic because it could have been stopped; the world had several opportunities to stop it, but the leaders of the free world failed - and failed miserably. I also think that it's why world leaders, unquestioningly co-sign on just about everything Israel does, whether they approve or not. And unfortunately, sometimes at the expense of the Palestinians.

But you can never make up for allowing six-million people to be singled out and massacred using the methods that they used. Like it was their job, even when they knew that they were losing the war, the Nazis continued to murder Jews.

by Anonymousreply 269December 10, 2020 12:00 AM

I wonder what happened to this woman - who she was, what more hell did life have in store for her?

And where were their children while this was going on and what happened to the children whose parents never returned home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 10, 2020 12:13 AM

"The Nazis made a huge plunder of gold, from gold teeth and filling and bridgework which was the common metal for dentistry. Plus rings and other jewels, and watches, and gold coins. All this was sorted and sent to Germany to refineries, where the extraneous metals were removed and the pure 24 karat gold made into bars. This gold was discreetly sold to Switzerland, Sweden, and other neutral countries in order to fund the Nazi war effort. There is NO way of tracing the refined gold back to its origins, gold is gold. It went on the international market and that was it. It’s everywhere and they made a HUGE haul of it."

What a Jew'y thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 271December 10, 2020 4:19 AM

[QUOTE] I wonder what happened to this woman - who she was, what more hell did life have in store for her?

I’d guess that she did not live much longer after this photo was taken.

There was a four-part series on Netflix about these killings that someone posted above that I watched earlier this week. The boy with the stick who is chasing her (the most frightening element of this photograph to me) is seen in a video shown towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 272December 10, 2020 9:42 AM

There's obviously tons more footage sitting somewhere in boxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 10, 2020 11:13 AM

The Germans were right pigs.

by Anonymousreply 274December 10, 2020 12:03 PM

I doubt the lady survived, she already looks like she’s been earmarked for murder. There’s no turning back after you’ve beaten her face in and stripped her clothes off. Most likely her head was bashed in. Not even bullets or gas, just clubs and bars. Awful, agonizing way to die. Probably dropped into a mass grave. As for her children at home waiting for her, the rioters probably broke the windows or kicked down the door and grabbed them and killed them too.

by Anonymousreply 275December 10, 2020 12:56 PM

R275 That scenario likely happened but it is so inhuman I cannot understand it. Why? There is no logical explanation. There was no reason to kill that poor woman, her children if she had any or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 276December 10, 2020 1:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 10, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote]The worst is just to come. After the day of forcible works, beatings and humilations - the mass execution in the prison. Waiting for the death...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278December 10, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]The end. The Jews shot dead in the prison courtyard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 10, 2020 1:29 PM

I try to avoid this thread but for the millions of innocents murdered there and during the whole Holocaust, I can NEVER FORGET. It's the least I can do.

Thank you OP for starting this thread. This unspeakable part of history (mine) should never be forgotten...kudos to the posters who haven't lost their humanity

by Anonymousreply 280December 10, 2020 1:33 PM

Millions are killed every day in this world. Tribalism is part of life. At least whites have a moral compass and only punish bad people. Zionism is insidious.

by Anonymousreply 281December 10, 2020 2:48 PM

Fascinating documentary about Kurt Gerron (1897-1944), Jewish actor and director known for his role in the German version of THE BLUE ANGEL with Marlene Dietrich and singing the first version of ‘Mack the Knife’ in Kurt Weill’s THREEPENNY OPERA (sp?). He also directed the incomplete documentary THE FUHRER GIVES A CITY TO THE JEWS, which was supposed to be a propaganda film about Thereisenstadt. He was promised survival for him, his wife and his parents if he did the film. But he was sent to Auschwitz in the last transport to leave the so called “Paradise Ghetto” and gassed with his family upon arrival. Fascinating story about a great talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 10, 2020 3:21 PM

"Mary" me all you want but this would be our future if Trump had been re-elected. These people didn't wake up that morning expecting to be chased by a lynch mob. If it happened here you wouldn't get a warning before deplorables dragged you out of your home and murdered you in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 283December 10, 2020 4:09 PM

OMG, R277’s pic. Being “kicked in the cunt bone” is a long time DL meme but this pic actually shows it about to happen.

The woman in this pic doesn’t look full of fear though, she looks resigned to her fate and mildly disgusted. She knows she’s a goner so I guess at this point she was just trying to die on her own terms. I hope she got some slaps in, or spat at them, or cursed them.

by Anonymousreply 284December 10, 2020 7:18 PM

R283, you are not only a MARY, you are also an IDIOT.

by Anonymousreply 285December 10, 2020 7:21 PM

Why, R285? Look how emboldened and near-psychotic the Deplorables have become. You really think that after that beast got re-elected, they weren’t going to ramp things up.

They would have made Charlottesville look like a tea party.

by Anonymousreply 286December 10, 2020 7:34 PM

Agree with r286 & r283

by Anonymousreply 287December 10, 2020 7:38 PM

R286 what did Trump say exactly after Orlando? He made a speech about it.

by Anonymousreply 288December 10, 2020 7:53 PM

Every school and mass shooting was/is a teeny-tiny version of a holocaust Those poor small children at New Town - someone mad man comes and kills you without any notice and before you die, you experience unreal terror.

This has been going on in the US for decades now. Who couldn’t imagine that it couldn’t happen at a larger scale. We have citizens that think nothing of murdering 5 years old children.

by Anonymousreply 289December 10, 2020 8:14 PM

When you watch the news, you see the early days of the Third Reich. Yesterday, CNN was showing video of a woman who was supposed to be voting on local Covid regulations. The meeting had barely started, and she was crying and hysterical because her twelve year old boy called to say an angry mob was outside their home, beating on the door and sounding like they were going to break it down. She left.

That woman was at a public meeting. If the angry mob actually wanted to talk to her, they could have been there. But no, scare the shit out of a twelve year old all alone, who doesn’t know anything. Meanwhile, he’s sitting there terrified, thinking, if they knock the door down, he’s going to be ripped apart.

If that doesn’t sound like Nazi Germany in the Thirties, I don’t know what the hell you’re waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 290December 10, 2020 8:46 PM

Just like this. 1933 here we are again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 10, 2020 8:55 PM

Black Bloc Storm Troopers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 10, 2020 9:01 PM

Fuck off rr292 with your live leak shit posts.

by Anonymousreply 293December 10, 2020 9:32 PM

R142, is that interview you saw with Tom Lantos in The Last Days?

A few years back, I was staying someplace with no cable but a computer, and I had HBO. One of the documentaries on their site was about the Holocaust, The Last Days, so I watched it. They had the story of Tom Lantos and his wife. Lantos was in a labor camp for a time, and lost his family. Lantos worked with Raoul Wallenberg, who helped Lantos’ future wife escape to Switzerland. After the war, he married his wife and came to the U.S.

Lantos lived in California and was a Representative for many years, until his death in 2008.

The Last Days is a great documentary, I recommend it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 10, 2020 11:03 PM

R291 = Boris

by Anonymousreply 295December 11, 2020 12:33 AM

Whites are being killed in south africa. And you guys are worried about jews from hundred years ago. Pogroms go in cycles. Jews got into our countries and immediately cause problems. They started off as a few immigrants in palestine.

by Anonymousreply 296December 11, 2020 8:44 AM

R296, By your logic, Whites started off as a “few immigrants” in what is now South Africa too.

by Anonymousreply 297December 11, 2020 9:35 AM

It can happen again. I was born in the 50's and growing up in the 60's, hearing about WWII, it seemed like ancient history to me. And the 20's? Forget about it! And now the 60's, which were 50 years ago, I vividly remember, and they are farther away than those decades were when I was a kid. Yes, it could happen again. This wasn't the Middle Ages or some such period of time that we can wave off and say humanity has come farther than that. We have not. To look at these photos, of people stripping their fellow citizens naked in the street, assaulting and killing them in public, is incomprehensible. They were probably neighbors. Mob mentality is truly real and terrifying in its execution.

by Anonymousreply 298December 11, 2020 11:39 AM

[quote] I used to read about the Holocaust when I was a kid and wonder, why did average people let this happen? How could they be so stupid? And here we are.

Generally the worse thing average people did at the time was turn a blind eye or stand silently by as this happened in front of them. The actual killings were performed by government death squads and the SS.

What was particularly disturbing about the Rwanda genocide was that the killings were mostly carried out by civilians. It was bizarre - they were like robot zombies that had a “KILL” switch suddenly activated. One morning you’re walking out of your house and smiling and waving hello to your neighbour. The very next morning you’re walking over there with a machete and hacking him to pieces. How the fuck do all these people live with what they did?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 11, 2020 12:04 PM

Babi Yar - here is how it is depicted in War and Remembrance. It was a shocking scene at the time as such appalling violence and nudity had never been broadcast on network television before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 11, 2020 12:07 PM

And those who spoke out against the actions or helped the Jews were often imprisoned and even executed themselves. Especially in the early days of the war. Many people were justifiably afraid of the consequences of aiding Jews. Some were brave enough to help however.

And today Heather Heyer’s killer and Kyle Rittenhouse killed people who spoke up against injustice as an attempt to intimidate and discourage people from protesting. Imagine if Trump had won a second term.

by Anonymousreply 301December 11, 2020 1:51 PM

Those here questioning how close we may be to an overt mass killing are correct — we literally have every single necessary ingredient right now. Anything can happen. And while I am grateful Biden won, I have no joy because I don’t even see the way out. How is Biden going to fix all this?

When I saw the footage of the councilwoman rushing home to protect her son the other night, all I could think about were the cops. Are they going to do their jobs? Are they going to stop these people no matter what? Half our police force support this President— are they going to enforce the law when we really need them?

In spending great deals of time wondering how Biden can lead through this, here is where I’m at: they need to be arrested every single time they harass public officials for doing their job. It’s one thing to disagree — it is another thing to not care about the law. These people are protesting that the law is being upheld. There is a fine line between free speech and being a public nuisance, threatening, harassing, posing danger. We need to call it what it is — danger, and then throw them in jail. You want to protest outside my house? Ok. But you start banging on the door and windows? It’s fucking ON.

I truly fear that if we can’t stop Trump’s supporters, our situation will devolve into something straight out of this thread. Sure, maybe it won’t be “the same” as what Germany did, but a single person being terrorized because of their political party or race is one too many.

by Anonymousreply 302December 11, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]And those who spoke out against the actions or helped the Jews were often imprisoned and even executed themselves. Especially in the early days of the war.

Intellectuals, artists, homosexuals, gypsies - all classified as "Enemies of the State" and while not specifically called out for extermination were nonetheless sent off to work camps where most perished or were eventually executed for various "crimes". But they were not part of the Final Solution. That plan was very specific to Jews.

The Wannsee Conference of January 1942 was to formalize what was already taking place in a less organized fashion (see Einsatzgruppen, Babi Yar, etc) and expand it to include a massive investment of resources into the Final Solution to the Jewish Question: the mass extermination on an industrial scale of an entire race/ethnicity.

Yes, a great number of non-Jews were swept up in the Holocaust but make no mistake, it was designed and built entirely around the one objective of wiping the Jews off the face of the earth. Period. The fact that others, Enemies of the State and the like got eliminated as well was considered a bonus (hey, we built these ovens...if we have the extra capacity....). Kind of like a tuna fishing trawler. They're out there to catch tuna, but if a few marlins or squid get caught up in the next they fishermen will take those too.

by Anonymousreply 303December 11, 2020 3:41 PM

that’s why they didn’t want them to escape. They wanted them dead, period. Not just out of the Reich. Because they’re assumption was the Reich would keep growing and growing and eventually they’d have to deal with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 304December 11, 2020 5:30 PM

their, not they’re

by Anonymousreply 305December 11, 2020 5:31 PM

This thread is haunting. But these stories must be told, studied, and absorbed. What is shocking to me is that just reading it and seeing it literally changes you — how could one ever mentally/emotionally recover from actually witnessing these things in person? It’s too horrible to understand, I cannot comprehend how they were even able to keep going. Though I suppose it’s like any other trauma, one “keeps going” because there is simply no alternative. But the fact that these people had to carry these experiences forever is just too immense. Also, I think about “generational PTSD” I’m not sure if that’s the correct term, but it is real. For example, I remember reading about a study of third, fourth, and fifth-generation survivors of the Great Potato Famine in Ireland, researchers showed that the trauma was indeed passed down through the generations, longer than imagined. These poor poor people.

And to the poster trying to compare slavery with the Holocaust, how about we not try to figure it out? They’re both terrible — I don’t want to be the kind of person who declares which one is worse when I never experienced either!!! How do you measure the pain of being raped and whipped vs gassed and burned????? How do you quantify the pain of being forced to wear a Star vs being bought and sold as a piece of property? How do you weigh the psychological damage? I don’t want to debate the degrees of evil, it’s too sick. Let’s just agree they are both the greatest tragedies of history.

by Anonymousreply 306December 11, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote]In particular, the article tells the story of a right-wing Irish group called the Christian Front, inspired by the wildly popular radio preacher Charles Coughlin, that regularly menaced Jews—especially in Boston and New York—during the final years of World War II. Starting in 1942 and continuing for more than a year, Norwood recounts, marauding bands of Irish Catholic youths stalked and assaulted the Jews of urban communities like Dorchester and Mattapan in Boston and Washington Heights in New York, as police officers and even elected officials looked the other way. Harrowing as this episode was, few Americans know of it; it was even omitted from a very good recent list of anti-Semitic incidents that ran in the Atlantic.

[quote]By 1942, its members—and toughs not explicitly affiliated with it—undertook a relentless monthslong campaign of physical intimidation, beatings and slashings that probably warrant the name pogrom. In what the New York Post called “an almost daily occurrence,” Jews in Dorchester, Roxbury and Mattapan (and, to some extent, in Jewish neighborhoods of New York) were attacked and beaten on the streets, in parks, with some victims stabbed or disfigured, and some girls having had their clothes ripped off. Gangs robbed Jewish merchants, defiled synagogues and cemeteries, and committed other acts of vandalism. Jewish Girl Scout troops and other clubs had to stop meeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Kyle Rittenhouse didn't kill someone for speaking up. He was chased down by a bipolar person who had just been released from hospitalization for a suicide attempt, unable to get his meds because the pharmacies closed early due to rioting. Kyle Rittenhouse was defending himself against that person and the other who chased him down after the initial killing.

by Anonymousreply 308December 11, 2020 8:12 PM

R306, it’s not really physical torment as much as it is psychological torment. If you’re a group that actually has some type of value (slaves), maybe you have some hope of at least having some good days before you die.

If you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, your entire race was going to be exterminated. Zero chance of survival, zero chance of improving your life circumstances, ever. Every day was going to be harder and worse.

If one Nazi camp commander died, they’d probably just send a worse one. If an officer wasn’t too bad, all the guards were horrible. And in the end, you were either going to die slowly and painfully of starvation, torture or murder. Most people in death camps knew their families or friends had already been gassed right after they arrived. They had no hope of seeing them again.

It’s the hopelessness that makes it so damaging. The complete helplessness of having no ability to barter, earn money or do anything to improve your lot. Some people might steal a little food, for one day, but if caught, they could easily be shot. Then taking away every personal possession including clothes, being infested with lice and being unable to keep clean or have a clean place to go to the bathroom, bathe or sleep. There was no psychological break, ever. Everything was bad. And if you did make a friend, that person could be sent to a death camp tomorrow or killed right in front of you.

I’m not saying slavery was lots of fun, but I don’t think most slaves saw people die of starvation or be murdered right in front of them on a daily basis. Farms at least had some type of routine and order. The only order in death camps was calculating how long it took to torture people to death. Nor did the average slave have reason to believe the only reason anybody had slaves was to starve them to death in a few months, and the whole reason for them to be there was to be murdered, and the overseer’s whole purpose was to kill every single slave in the place, with no exceptions, ASAP. Nor did they have to look at the dead bodies of friends and family members piled up like cordwood as a regular feature of life.

People could and did survive slavery. Nobody survived being thrown in a gas chamber. A lot of people did commit suicide because they saw no point in going on any longer. There’s a big difference psychologically between “there’s a little bit of hope my life will get better some day” and “there’s no hope anybody’s life here is going to get better, we’re all doomed. Every single one with no exceptions.” By 1944, Auschwitz was killing 6,000 Jews a day. The smokestacks were spewing ash every day. The prisoners knew what that meant.

There was no official government-enshrined policy in the Confederacy that the goal was to murder every single black person in the entire country. The difference between “some hope” and “no hope” is an ocean. People can’t live without hope.

by Anonymousreply 309December 11, 2020 8:17 PM

Trying to compare the Nazi treatment of Jews and others (yes, not just Jews r303 - the deliberate "liquidation" of the Romani at Auschwitz was planned, targeted, and fulfilled) with slaves in the US is pointless.

Each was horrible in its own unique way. And the inhumanity of each is not dependent on the other.

by Anonymousreply 310December 11, 2020 8:22 PM

R310, my point wasn’t actually to compare them or to say being a slave was like being on Easy Street. My point was to say, there’s nothing in history as all-encompassing as genocide.

There’s lots of groups in history that have suffered for various reasons. But mass genocide is something that’s only happened a few places, and what happened in Germany is unique in history. It was a really careful, meticulous, methodical, mass death factory. There was no other reason than creating a death factory. The whole point was to be a death factory. The deaths weren’t a side effect, they were the whole point. And they weren’t trying to kill some Jews, or most Jews, they were planning to kill 100% of Jews.

Other nations have attacked certain groups with the intention of putting down political dissent, for example. Or they’ve thrown groups in prisons and mistreated them. But the Nazis literally made death factories, and the whole point was to kill anybody who entered, and they took very meticulous notes and hired experts to figure out the most efficient ways to kill people. They even calculated the average number of days somebody lived in a death camp before they died. Nothing that happened was an accident or a fluke. Everything was on purpose. There was no “maybe if I do everything just right, I’ll live.” No, you won’t.

There is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 311December 11, 2020 8:33 PM

I still don’t understand WHY. it is so awful. I cant comprehend why anyone would be ok with this

by Anonymousreply 312December 11, 2020 10:41 PM

There’s no why r312

In the immortal words of Bob Dylan: the answer my friend, is blowing in the wind

I’m not making light or being flippant,

by Anonymousreply 313December 11, 2020 10:55 PM

R306 = Ricky Schroeder.

Find some work dude. Maybe Stormfront will create its own streaming channel so your despicable ass can get in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 314December 12, 2020 4:51 PM

Look familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 13, 2020 2:54 PM

Made contact with my father's cousins in Johannesburg and they directed me to a YouTube video of the town where our aunts and cousins lived in Latvia. they day those Jews were liquidated an SS guy happened to be in the area and he filmed and photographed the happenings. Somewhat chilling to think that among those people were my relatives.

TO this day I cannot get my head around the idea that people can round up other human beings and murder them, from WW2 to the present day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316December 13, 2020 3:02 PM

It can’t happen again. Not with the visibility provided by the internet. And no, we aren’t “close” to a similar situation. There is no targeted group, there are just people divided by which candidate they want in office. As far as I’m concerned, there’s not much difference between the Democrats and Republicans. it’s all about money and big business lobbying.

by Anonymousreply 317December 13, 2020 4:15 PM

"As far as I’m concerned, there’s not much difference between the Democrats and Republicans."

And that's exactly what Germans said in 1932, there was no difference between the Nazis and the Communists.

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it, R317.

by Anonymousreply 318December 13, 2020 4:19 PM

White people are good and generous. We allow refugees to flood into europe even though most are males and terrorists. Hoax

by Anonymousreply 319December 13, 2020 4:21 PM

There wasn’t much difference between nazis and communists in 1932 in Germany. Had the communists prevailed in Germany in 1932, the same thing would have happened there that happened in Russia: purges, murder on a Holocaust level, etc. That was the explicit goal of German communists.

by Anonymousreply 320December 13, 2020 4:28 PM

R317, the Trumpers are brainwashed by propaganda to think all Democrats are evil. That they hate America and their one goal is to destroy America, or to make slaves out of Republicans and force them to work, while Democrats don’t work and take drugs and have a lot of illegitimate children they will force the “good guys,” Republicans, to support against their will. Spend five minutes on any remotely right wing site, or just look at the comments anywhere. This is not a small minority.

Don’t say this isn’t like Nazi Germany unless you know what you’re talking about. Joseph Goebbels founded a daily newspaper, Der Angriff (The Attack), in 1927, which was full of propaganda about Jews being evil, underhanded, conspirators in a plot to destroy Germany. Later, he had another newspaper, Der Reich. They both went on for years before the Holocaust. His newspapers were the Fox and OANN of its day.

There was propaganda at all levels of society, calling Jews “vermin,” cartoons of Jews depicting them as rats or with very exaggerated features. A lot of propaganda about them being child molesters. You know, like having a pizza parlor basement where they would traffic in small children to rape. You know, like Hillary.

There were a lot of cartoons (and children’s books) showing them lurking in corners and luring innocent children away. This went on for year after year, until they were so demonized, when Hitler finally started taking steps to make Germany Judenrein (free of Jews), many easily led people (like Trumpers) thought, thank god Hitler is finally getting rid of those horrible vermin. Finally somebody is doing something about them. They were seen as pure evil, untermenschen (subhuman).

Eventually, the police and other law enforcement authorities stood idly by as mobs attacked Jews and their property (Kristallnacht). You know, like last night when the police disappeared as four people were stabbed, another across the country was shot, by rampaging Proud Boys. Last night “National Guard” was trending. As in, “where the hell are they?” A lot of agreement that if they were there, they’d be joining in. Many comments about no police were present, throwing tear gas and beating the rioters, because they *were* the rioters.

Sure, you keep telling yourself it’s not the same. But it is. We are not immune. It can get worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Do a purely statistical analysis of how many jews have position s of power in america. Just do a study of how israel was created. Jews are evil.

by Anonymousreply 322December 13, 2020 5:06 PM

Agree with r321

by Anonymousreply 323December 13, 2020 5:09 PM

There is a wide gap in R321's argument though

Jews constituted less that 1% of Germany's population at that time (0.75%)

Since most people didn't know a Jew it was easy to demonize them.

Democrats constitute somewhere north of one-third of the US population

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 13, 2020 5:13 PM

R324, so what is your point though??? Because Jews were a small percentage, then what’s happening now isn’t the same???? I don’t see your logic. Sure, there are many differences too. But the overall, big picture facts are the same. Did you even watch that video??????????

Where the FUCK were the cops?!?!??! That couple needs to sue DC, capital police, etc. Sue the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 325December 13, 2020 5:19 PM

On Prime Video there’s a documentary called: A Journey into the Holocaust. The filmmaker delves into the “why” a Holocaust can happen.

The 3 three reasons, from the filmmaker perspective is the following:

1) beliefs

2) political will

3) a defenseless targeted audience

by Anonymousreply 326December 13, 2020 5:19 PM

To add to R311, the Germans hunted down Jews in other countries. They put their own army at risk in order to transport Jews to death camps. They kept meticulous records. It was industrialized genocide.

by Anonymousreply 327December 13, 2020 5:20 PM

[quote] Because Jews were a small percentage, then what’s happening now isn’t the same????

Pretty much chief.

Yes, there are elements of the right wing that are trying to demonize Democrats but when most people know/are related by blood to numerous Democrats, those allegations have the ring of theater

In Germany there was a thousand+ year history of antisemitism that primed the ground for Goebbels, plus Jews were an abstraction for most.

And most reassuring of all, their Fuhrer, evil though he may have been, had actual plans and had thought through how he might run a country, run a war, pressure other countries into bending to his will.

Our Fuhrer, in addition to having been voted out of office, is an incompetent fool whose only plans involve what he is eating for dinner that night, and has no idea how to get anything accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 328December 13, 2020 5:25 PM

R311/r327, I normally won’t pay attention to posts like yours because the arguments stated are so weak, but you did indeed make the case in a very articulate way. Both are the most evil episodes in history, but you’re right, genocide is even worse. The point of slavery was both to subjugate the weak and economic incentives — the point of genocide is to make them disappear. Both are beyond horrifying, no words to describe how evil these systems were.

by Anonymousreply 329December 13, 2020 5:27 PM

This image of a giant crowd of protesters was posted by:

Defined by Change @AMYGillard8, with the caption, “This is the MAGA MOVEMENT”

In actuality, it’s an image of the March for Our Lives rally in 2018. That was a march for more gun control.

Here’s some of the MAGA comments posted in support of the tweet.

Alice-Lynn @AliceLy28572920

Don’t worry, keep fighting and praying, God and the Creator is with us 🙏 🙏 Trump will WIN!🇺🇸

🇺🇸TRUTH SEEKER🇺🇸 @TeresaDuley

Replying to @AMYGillard8

We are with you @realDonaldTrump

We has a mess with these theiving DEMON rats

This is pure propaganda. People that think calling Democrats “Demon rats” is funny or harmless hyperbole, this comes from the same playbook as calling Jews “vermin.” Dehumanize the enemy and make it socially acceptable to commit crimes of violence against them with impunity. Twitter, Parler and other social media spread propaganda even more effectively that Goebbels ever could.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 13, 2020 5:28 PM

R325 would also be advised to read up on the warfare between Nazis and Communists in Weimar Berlin and how the Junker aristocracy foolishly thought it could control the Nazis. And how Hitler was able to straddle the contradictory images of Jews as uber-capitalists, running the banks and financial industry and Jews as uber-Communists, plotting to put Germany under Moscow's boot.

by Anonymousreply 331December 13, 2020 5:31 PM

[quote] People that think calling Democrats “Demon rats” is funny or harmless hyperbole, this comes from the same playbook as calling Jews “vermin.”

Let's take that one apart.

Democrats call Trumpists "MAGAts" "Deplorables" White Trash" and call the Republicans "Rethugs" other epithets (and this is just on DL!) that work the same was as "Demon Rats" --one could argue that "Demon Rats" is a response to that.

Jews in Germany did not have any power so they had no response to the Nazis other than occasionally "I have an Iron Cross from my service to the Kaiser in WW1"

There was certainly none of the name calling back and forth that Democrats can engage in because [wait for it] we the won the last election by 7 million votes and control most of the key states and the entire West Coast and Northeast.

You would be better off looking at how (and if) the Nazis demonized the Communists, a group that actually did have some power

by Anonymousreply 332December 13, 2020 5:37 PM

^^And the House. Democrats also control the House.

Jews in Germany did not have a majority in any part of the Reichstag.

Even before the fire.

by Anonymousreply 333December 13, 2020 5:38 PM

"You would be better off looking at how (and if) the Nazis demonized the Communists, a group that actually did have some power."

Karl Marx was born a Jew. There were many Jewish Bolsheviks, including Leon Trotsky. Despite numerous pogroms, there were numerous Jews in the Politburo, even under Stalin.

So it really wasn't a long stretch for the Nazis to conflate Jews with Bolshevism and Communism. Dachau, the very first concentration camp, was specifically set up to "reeducate" Communists.

And, R

by Anonymousreply 334December 13, 2020 5:49 PM

R331, isn’t the whole point of propaganda to erase any exceptions or anything that makes your eventual plans seem amoral? Like Hitler saying, I want Germany to be perfect, only Jews are holding me back.

That wasn’t true, but it’s a simple argument for simpletons. And the more people that take it up, the more the sort of people that bend with the political winds are going to just go along to get along. When you’re in the “go along to get along” phase, one side is winning. The real reason Hitler was able to build murder factories wasn’t Jews, it was the “go along to get along” people. The ones that looked the other way because they didn’t want trouble.

Gandhi was asked whether he thought his technique of “passive resistance” could be effective in fighting Hitler. He said he thought it could, that if enough people refused to cooperate, Hitler would be totally ineffective. He was right, but by that time Hitler had built up so much infrastructure already, it wasn’t realistic to think people would do it. If millions of people protest, things grind to a halt. If it’s all one or two at a time, trying to resist, and being hung or beheaded or put in a death camp by the government, you can’t build up enough strength to overpower a sitting government.

There was a well organized group of Jewish resisters, led by the Bielski brothers, who ran a refuge for thousands of Jews, hiding in the dense forests of occupied Poland. They and other partisan groups aided the Soviets against the Nazis. But a lot of the Jews hiding there were children and old people, not fighters. That group managed to survive the war, probably because the Nazis knew they were armed, and there were well armed Soviet soldiers helping them. They did make some attacks on them, but my guess is they didn’t want to go looking for them in their own territory that badly. It wasn’t worth it.

by Anonymousreply 335December 13, 2020 6:17 PM

To be more accurate, the Bielski group eventually grew to about 1200 people. There’s a movie about the group, Defiance, that has a few inaccuracies, but members of the Bielski family and others who were there were advisors for the movie. The general story is mostly correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 13, 2020 6:27 PM

R316, one of my former co-workers was a Jewish South African woman. Her family emigrated from Germany in the 30s - her grandparents and their five children. Unable to get to the US or Canada, they chose South Africa. Allegedly they tried to get their neighbors to come with them; they refused, hoping to get to America. They didn't and ended up getting murdered in Auschwitz.

by Anonymousreply 337December 13, 2020 6:42 PM

I've always wondered if the Jews knew what was going to happen to them. Obviously they knew something bad was going to happen, otherwise so many of them wouldn't have hid/hid their children. Maybe that was just to avoid being deported to the ghettos. But when (if ever) did they realize they were going to be gassed? Even on the trains, did they just think they were going to labor camps?

Also, seeing r316's horrifying link, I wonder was there wasn't more resistance. When you're seeing people ahead of you being shot and tossed into a ditch, I wonder why more people wouldn't desperately try to run or attack the murderers. Do you subconsciously think something is going to save you? Or, if you're religious, do you "welcome" the passage into the next life? I've had relatives who were hard-core Christians who couldn't wait to "meet Jesus." I know Judaism isn't exactly like that, but who knows?

And by the way, that IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is intended to blame the victims in any way. I said upthread that I thought Germany should have been dismembered permanently after the war for its crimes. I'm just feeling morbidly philosophic today for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 338December 13, 2020 6:44 PM

An elderly Austrian Jewish couple were neighbors of mine. They managed, with great difficulty, to get their entire families to the US after the Anschluss in 1938, except for the man's mother and sister. His sister had some kind of developmental disorder and the US gov't refused to allow her into the country. The mother naturally refused to abandon her daughter and as a result both stayed behind in Vienna and eventually perished in the camps.

by Anonymousreply 339December 13, 2020 6:49 PM

I understand that many German Jews couldn't contemplate that something bad might happen to them and refused to leave. Others didn't have the means to to buy tickets. My dad mentioned that an aunt counted 146 members of her extended family who died in Europe at the hands of the Germans.

As an Irishman, I'm ashamed of how the government of the time reacted to Jewish applications to emigrate to Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 13, 2020 6:50 PM

Roosevelt limited Jewish immigrants, but not for the reason you might suspect. There were quotas in place from the 1924 Immigration Act. His administration exploited those quotas by using to admit the maximum numbers of European Jews. Had he tried to raise the limits, anti-immigration forces in Congress would have likely removed them altogether. The quotas saved tens of thousands of Jews.

by Anonymousreply 341December 13, 2020 6:56 PM

R338, a lot of countries had quotas, a lot of people didn’t have money to leave.

The Reich Flight Tax, created in 1931, meant if you did leave, you would have almost no money to bring with you. And the penalty just got higher over the years of the war. You could leave, maybe, but it would be with the clothes on your back. Wikipedia:

“Even upon payment of the Reich Flight Tax, it was not guaranteed that an individual could leave the country with his or her remaining property. The exemption limit for foreign exchanges was set at 10 Reichsmark. Bank deposits and security holdings were moved into frozen accounts, from which funds could only be transferred abroad with the payment of high penalties. The percentage of the funds confiscated increased over time:

January 1934: 20%

August 1934: 65%

October 1936: 81%

June 1938: 90%

September 1939: 96%”

By If you were young and educated or able-bodied, it was a lot easier. It took incredible guts to sacrifice everything and leave penniless if you were near retirement age. But some older people did it. Mostly if they could go with other family members too.

It was easier to get out kids than adults, England for example took some kids into foster homes. But the parents couldn’t get in unless they had a job or somebody to support them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 13, 2020 7:33 PM

Roosevelt also was afraid of alienating white Southerners and whites of Eastern European descent who were strongly anti Semitic. The former also had high numbers in Senate and Congress. He also had anti Semites in his very own cabinet. He wanted to run for a third term. He also had some anti Semitic beliefs of his own, privately mentioning his prejudices to close friends and associates.

by Anonymousreply 343December 13, 2020 7:33 PM

If you want to believe it can happen here, go ahead.

I think comparing Trump to Hitler minimizes what Hitler did. It’s just lazy.

by Anonymousreply 344December 13, 2020 7:52 PM

R338 I’ve read people living in the villages near reilways asked for warm clothes etc. from Jews in trains and told they wouldn’t need them. Shows people can become very cruel when they think they can and people living there knew what was going on. I believe they could have stopped the trains and open them and help Jews to escape. They just didn’t want to.

by Anonymousreply 345December 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Also, seeing [R316]'s horrifying link, I wonder was there wasn't more resistance. When you're seeing people ahead of you being shot and tossed into a ditch, I wonder why more people wouldn't desperately try to run or attack the murderers.

I've thought about that too R338; I'm guessing it's just sort of a sense of shock & denial. I guess we think we'll go down swinging when the reality is we can't believe what's actually happening until it does.

by Anonymousreply 346December 13, 2020 8:31 PM

America's neonazis....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 13, 2020 11:05 PM

Resistance came at a high cost. The Nazis would typically do things like kill ten people if one person escaped or fought. Those people might be chosen from your family.

The options were also limited. Jews could not leave the country. If you are being marched at gunpoint, are you going to run? If you are naked, where exactly do you go?

by Anonymousreply 348December 13, 2020 11:26 PM

That picture of one of these psychos about to literally kick a naked, scared woman in the cunt-bone is nightmare-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 349December 13, 2020 11:28 PM

R347 = an American Nazi pig

by Anonymousreply 350December 13, 2020 11:28 PM

Many of Otto Frank and his wife's families also lived in Switzerland and survived the war. Otto Frank's wife and daughters were the only family members to die in the camps.

by Anonymousreply 351December 13, 2020 11:30 PM

Poor Otto Frank. I think that his obsession to get his daughter's diary published had a lot to do with guilt. He gave up a very good chance of saving theim by sending them to England. But he and Edith didn't want to separate the families. Jews had gone the restrictions in Europe for ages. No one could have imagined what the Nazis were doing.

Didn't Elie Wiesel allude to this in his book NIGHT? Someone had escaped a transport and came back to his village in Romania to tell them about the gas chambers and they didn't believe him; they thought that he was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 352December 14, 2020 12:29 AM

Some background on German and other European Jews (I'll try and keep it topline)

• Jews in Germany, Austria and Hungary had become westernized in the 19th century, post-Napoleon, and thought of themselves as Germans, Austrians...who happened to be Jewish. They were generally very integrated into the population at large.

• They looked down on the mass of Polish and Russian Jews who continued to live the way you saw in Fiddler On The Roof and speak Yiddish

• In the 1920s there was a very large population of Polish and Russian Jews who'd fled to Germany and looked (kind of) like Hasids

• Initially many German Jews assumed the Nazis were prejudiced against those Jews, because they themselves were good Germans who'd fought for the Kaiser in WW1 and even had Iron Cross medals.

• It increasingly became clear that the Nazis meant all Jews and restrictive laws made it all but impossible to earn a living--that was their purpose, to get Jews to immigrate.

• Most German Jews did get out before the Shoah.

• Western countries did not want to take them bc antisemitism and the Brits would not let them into Palestine bc Arabs and the Brits needed Arab support bc oil.

• Many of the German Jews who stayed were elderly or just in deep denial or had converted/were married to Christians and thought they'd be okay.

• When the Germans took over Poland they suddenly had 3 million Jews on their hands. Plus one or two million more in the ares of Russia/Ukraine/Belorussia/Lithuania they'd captured.

•  Initially they were rounding them up and shooting them, but that traumatized the young Germany army soldiers who were not SS and so many had nervous breakdowns the army staff told the SS it had to stop or they had to find local volunteers.

• That's when they came up with the idea of gas chambers and death camps

• The Polish Jews had no idea what awaited them. There were rumors but it seemed so far-fetched--the Germans were "civilized" and "Western" many refused to believe it.

• The Germans lied and told them they were being resettled, told them they'd be working, told them the gas chambers were showers.

• Polish Jews had been the subject of horrific antisemitic behavior--pogroms and legal restrictions--for years, they were initially not all that concerned by the notion of being "resettled" if it meant leaving their antisemitic Polish neighbors. (Not all Poles were antisemitic and many risked their lives to save Jews, but Polish Jews rarely considered themselves Poles, which was a fairly new national identity as it was.)

• All that said, there were many Westernized Polish Jews and they did help organize resistance.

• Initially the Polish and Lithuanian Jews were herded into ghettos in big cities (Warsaw, Vilna) where many died from starvation and disease. They were locked into the ghetto, crammed dozens to an apartment and had limited food and medical supplies.

• They thought that was going to be the worst though--the deportations came as a sort of shock and initially many thought it was a good thing, wherever they were going could not be worse than the ghetto

by Anonymousreply 353December 14, 2020 12:34 AM

• Most all of the Polish Jews were dead by May 1944 when the Germans started a new chapter by killing the Hungarian Jews. Auschwitz's gas chambers and crematoria had to be reopened. (see R75 and R103 for more details on that, but the Hungarians mostly knew what was going to happen to them but many refused to believe it too--it sounded too crazy, the Germans were losing the war, the Soviets were not far away, why would they kill them?

• People who lived near the death camps claimed they had no idea what was going on, but the smell of burning flesh from the crematoria for four years must have clued them in. Given that the Soviets were the ones who overran the camps in Poland, many feared they'd be massacred if they admitted to knowing what was going on and so we'll likely never know what they thought.

• As someone noted above, the Germans were big on reprisal killings. When SS chief Heydrich was killed in Czechia, the Germans massacred all 173 males over the age of 15 in the village one of the suspected assassins came from. (The dead were all Christians) - village is called Lidice, you can google it. Any time there was an escape attempt in the death camps, they'd kill a whole bunch of random prisoners. Even suicides (throwing themselves on electrified fence) were followed up by reprisals bc Germans lost a worker.

• The best response I've ever read about why people went to the gas willingly compared it to prisoners going to the gallows--few ever try and run away or struggle until the end even though they're going to die anyway--something in the human spirit gives up in that circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 354December 14, 2020 12:39 AM

The lesson if ww2 is that race matters. Humans are tribal. Maintain your majority. Don't tolerate Minorities because they work to undermine. Ultimately, it's about getting your genes into next generation. Hitler said Jews are too clever and outcompete germans. Jews will never learn to behave.

by Anonymousreply 355December 14, 2020 12:48 AM

I don’t know how arrogant you have to be to think you are living through a potential Fourth Reich in the US and that your situation is at all similar to the Jews in 1942?

Wouldn’t you think that 1 million Chinese having their organs harvested and sent to concentration camps would have more of a right to say that than White Middle Class Liberals who drank too much cool aid and think that anything that happens to them MUST be in the same league as the worst mass slaughter in history?

Your egos must be extraordinary. You put down people that you don’t agree with. You constantly dehumanise them and ignore massive injustice in the world and some how you are life’s victims. Deluded

by Anonymousreply 356December 14, 2020 3:31 AM

I think that it helps to be a little hyper-vigilant. And genocide is occurring in Rwanda and the Sudan. It doesn’t seem to have a real impact on the mainstream global population since they’re Africans.

by Anonymousreply 357December 14, 2020 1:12 PM

Agreed R356

The fact that some posters don't get that Jews, Romany and Gays were small, frequently despised minorities, whereas Democrats are a large,occasionally disorganized majority is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 358December 14, 2020 1:17 PM

R358, Fascism is not based on anything Jews or Democrats are doing. It’s based on what the leadership is thinking. They’re thinking, find a scapegoat that gives me the moral authority to oppress people, to establish a dictatorship to “protect the public.”

Hitler acted on one driving principle, that Jews were the enemy of the state and needed to be eliminated. All his policies were consistently to that one end, even when they put him at risk of losing the war. Trump has no such principles. Anyone that worships him is good, anyone that opposes him is bad. The end.

Both men asked their minions to carry out impossible orders with insufficient means. They both punished people who couldn’t or wouldn’t. They didn’t listen to advisors. They were both Imperial style rulers. Here is my decree, make it happen, or you’re toast. Their personalities are similar enough that they both probably had the same personality disorders.

What do you think would have happened if Trump was re-elected? The gloves would be off. There would never be another election, because he learned he was above the law and nobody would stop him. He has called reporters enemies of the state. He propagandized them as traitors trying to destroy the country. He has suggested holding sham trials to get rid of dissenters and political opponents. McConnell has been confirming loyalist judges all through this. They’re appointed for life. His cabinet can’t pass a Congressional vote, so they’re all acting members. Some of his most loyal lieutenants appear to be blackmailed.

That’s very like Hitler. Use executive orders, propaganda and loyalist judges to portray dissenters as traitors, and stifle any opposition. After honest reporting is gone, so is democracy. The number of Democrats or Jews is a side track. The main issue is, crush the opposition by stifling dissent.

Do you really think there weren’t enough Jews to overpower the guards? Of course there were. But when the whole population has been brainwashed against you, there’s nowhere to go. When you see soldiers hanging from lampposts with “deserter” signs around their necks, you don’t desert. When everything is against you, you give up.

A fascist dictatorship doesn’t have to stamp out each and every opposing individual. Just enough to scare the rest into submission. Do you really think Nazi soldiers outnumbered all of German civilians in Germany? Of course not. When has any occupying force ever outnumbered civilians? But Nazis crushed dissent by terrorizing the civilian population. They didn’t have to get them all. They just had to scare them all.

by Anonymousreply 359December 14, 2020 4:00 PM

people trying to make this about the usa are idiots. in any other country in the world, the political distance between dems and reps is center-left and center-right.

by Anonymousreply 360December 14, 2020 4:05 PM

Great post r359

by Anonymousreply 361December 14, 2020 8:05 PM

R359 is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 362December 14, 2020 8:15 PM

R359 Well said. You must be so relieved that the Electoral college has confirmed Biden as President.

by Anonymousreply 363December 14, 2020 10:34 PM

R362, I challenge you to show just two things in r359’s post that are not true — but there’s more. For each rebuttal, please provide three solid sources. So at most you’ll come up with six sources, for two different counterpoints.

I’ll be impressed if you manage one with proper receipts.

by Anonymousreply 364December 15, 2020 5:03 AM

[R362], I challenge you to show just two things in [R359]’s post that are not true — R364

The point of this thread was discuss the horror that was the photos of Jews about to be massacred in 1941. Not to make it about Hitler versus Trump. But as you have made it about that . I raise the narcissism of thinking that the most horrific period in human history is actually shared by the US in 2020.

If this was about to be Nazi Germany in 1942 explain how the Jews in total in the world are what 20 million ? The assholes who think they are the Jews of 2020 are what 81 million? Plus families 150 million? Then tell me the photos show in this thread in horrific detail Jews being killed not ONLY by Nazis but by populations outside of Germany. So when you decide that not only are you majority in your own country , when the Jews made up 1% of Germany. But that most of them were killed outside of Germany by non Germans who are you suggesting those populations are ? Mexicans ? Canadians ? Who are going to be the Polish and Lithuanians in your view who actively help the Nazis round up and kill the fucking majority of the country?

That if we take the Hitler / Trump to it’s natural conclusion . Within 4 years you have Trump defeated and ousted by the Electoral Office. Ask yourself did Hitler have that issue ? 4 years after he attained office Hitler had made marriage between Jews and non Jews illegal had actively started his progress to rearm Germany for his conquest of Europe.

Stop with the bullshit that you have it as bad as the photos on this thread. The delusions some of you hold are certainly as bad as any Hitler held but they are not the actions.

by Anonymousreply 365December 15, 2020 2:23 PM

R365, if you are reading descriptions of the EARLY stages of the rise of fascism, and attacking them by saying, how dare you say that we are already living in Germany in 1942, after Hitler removed all opposition and imprisoned or killed them, and after years of building and operating death camps, then you have a reading comprehension issue. It doesn’t surprise me because Republicans have difficulty understanding the concept of different degrees of seriousness. They think 1 and 100 are identical in value.

There is a predictable and established set of steps towards the rise of fascism. And Trump has been following those steps progressively since day one. Killing Jews is not necessary for fascism. You can be a dictator without Jews being involved in any way. Trump himself has often expressed admiration for dictators like Putin and Kim Jung Il. He sees no moral difficulty in praising these dictators and their concentration camps and murders of political opponents. He sees nothing wrong with China having mass concentration camps for anyone that state chooses to persecute. He has committed human rights violations himself many times and has no idea why that’s a problem. He has illegally and immorally persecuted political adversaries and opponents. Every Trump rally has the angry mob screaming “Lock him (or her) up!” about anyone who dares to contradict him in any way. He is presently trying to overthrow a legal election. He has made the comment that he didn’t want to wear a mask in front of “kings and queens, dictators...” as if they’re all on a similar level. No President has ever openly approved of fascism until him.

And it’s not my personal definition of fascism, it’s a well known and established definition of fascism.

UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM

EARLY WARNING SIGNS OF FASCISM

1. Powerful and continuing nationalism

2. Disdain for human rights

3. Identification of enemies as a unifying cause

4. Rampant sexism

5. Controlled mass media

6. Obsession with national security

7. Religion and government intertwined

8. Corporate power protected

9. Labor power suppressed

10. Disdain for intellectual and the arts

11. Obsession with crime and punishment

12. Rampant cronyism and corruption

Trump has done every one of these things. Trying to obfuscate by claiming if Jews aren’t being gassed, there is no fascism, or we should wait until AFTER a dictator opens American Auschwitz 2.0, and only then start wondering if something went wrong, is dead wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 15, 2020 5:49 PM

Thank you r366.

by Anonymousreply 367December 15, 2020 8:28 PM

Thank you r366. R365, I’m the one who challenged you — you miss the entire point. You can’t understand “in between”? No one is arguing that we are walking into ovens. No one is arguing that we hold as little power as the Jews did. No one is arguing that we are exactly like the Jews — what we are arguing is that HE is like Hitler in oh too many ways! We are simply pointing out that THIS is how they got to that point, and Trump WOULD commit those atrocities if he could. What the fuck about this can’t you understand? You call me narcissistic because I argue that we are in danger from Trump and Trumpism? You’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 368December 15, 2020 9:11 PM

R366 this thread is about the Jews who were killed by WW11 and the policies of Hitler. It is seeing photos of horrific abuse and mobs terrorising Jews before killing them.

The comment was made that Trump was not unlike Hitler and what happened to the Jews could happen again because of the similarities. I was saying there are very few similarities between the most hated and abused group in History and the Democrats 2020, but apparently I am wrong because TRUMP IS EVIL, HE IS HITLER .HE IS EVERY DICTATOR WHO EVER LIVED. THE DEMOCRATS ARE AS OPPRESSED AS THE JEWS!! EVERY THREAD SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE WE ARE OPPRESSED !! IT IS ALL ABOUT US!!.

Thanks for helping to derail a thread that was fascinating in discussing a dark period of history by making it all about you .

You are so deluded ,the idea that more than1 billion people speak ENGLISH eludes you. It is fitting that you think I am a Republican because the idea that anyone in the world who can read English can contribute misses you completely. It has to always be about you.

Let me disabuse you .I believe in a Constitutional Monarchy with a Parliamentary Democracy and a social welfare system for all. Some of my ancestors died fighting fascism.

by Anonymousreply 369December 15, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote]It can’t happen again. Not with the visibility provided by the internet.

Is this the line the troll farms are dictating? I see it all over this thread. Such idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 370December 16, 2020 12:10 AM

Boo r369. I sense you are a cheap tipper — am I wrong?

I think r366 has a perfectly lovely post, in fact, I wouldn’t suggest they change a thing. Obviously, you’re very disturbed by the hatred directed at Trump. My question to you is, why? Why are you so angry at the reaction of the public to him? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m sincerely asking why you’re mad about this. I don’t get it. By all standards, he sucks. There are very very few metrics that track his performance as even being in sight of the lowest most basic performance, he fails at everything, he always has. He is without almost any success as President, unless corporate tax breaks makes you feel warm and fuzzy? So, from where I’m standing, he’s violated every single American value. So of course I have passion about that, as do millions of your fellow citizens. What would make you happy — if everyone stopped piling on him? Not gonna happen. He walked right into this. Personally, I’m enjoying watching his death by a thousand cuts — it’s his karma. He IS a proto-fascist. I’m glad for you that that concept, that our President is a proti-fascist, is alright by you, AND you don’t want people getting hysterical when he says we are going to blow up Iran or calls Kim John a Rocket Man. Guess what? This guy has played with our minds for five years now — he’s terrorized half the country, and everything that happens to him now is exactly what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 371December 16, 2020 4:18 AM

Bravo r371

by Anonymousreply 372December 16, 2020 2:17 PM

Kisses right back at you r372. 🥰

by Anonymousreply 373December 16, 2020 2:53 PM

This is a surprisingly good cable movie made in 1984. It's called FORBIDDEN, based on a true story about a liberal-minded German countess (Jacqueline Bisset) who meets and falls in love with a Jewish writer (Jurgen Prochnow) right before Hitler starts rounding up Jews for the extermination camps. It's based on THE LAST JEWS IN BERLIN by Leonard Gross, just one story of many about Jews who went into hiding in Berlin during the darkest days of the Holocaust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 16, 2020 3:09 PM

I want to thank you all for this thread. You never stop learning, and there are just sooooooo many stories from this period that are worth hearing, as disturbing as they may be. I learned a lot in this thread, you are all good people for keeping this history alive.

by Anonymousreply 375December 16, 2020 3:25 PM

For anyone who doesn't already know this book, one must read I WILL BEAR WITNESS, by Victor Klemperer, a diary of the Nazi years from 1933-1945, to get a sense of what life was like for German Jews.

Klemperer was a middle-aged Dresden Jew married to a gentile woman when the Nazis took power. (Yes, DLers, he was related to Colonel Klink.) His diary details the steady erosion of civil rights to Jews, from loss of employment to being barred from using public transportation and associating with 'Aryans.' As the Final Solution swings into force, he and his wife are evicted from their home, moved into a crowded and dilapidated house for Jews, and live on the verge of starvation. Only occasional and illegal gifts of potatoes from a friend keeps them alive.

His WWI Iron Cross did him no good, but his wife's status as an Aryan helped stave off transport to Auschwitz, even as the other house residents were taken away one by one. He was finally ordered to report for transport in mid-February 1945, just weeks before the war's end. Only the firebombing of the city the night before enabled him and his wife to flee unharmed.

It is a gripping and terrifying work, particularly as you see the effect of antisemitic propaganda on the average German.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 16, 2020 7:17 PM

Comparisons of Hitler/Trump or Nazis/Qanon or Tea Party might be hyperbolic, but they are still useful. When posters, tweeters or pundits warn we're headed down a very dark path, they're called hysterics. But these comparisons are possibly quite useful in deterrence. Perhaps all those columns and tweet guided people away from voting for Trump. It's hard to tell right now.

It's like preparations for bad storms or previous epidemics. Leaders advocate for precautions. Then things don't turn out so badly, and those leaders are derided as hysterics. Not enough consideration is given to the possibility that that advocacy is what prevented things from turning out so badly.

by Anonymousreply 377December 16, 2020 8:07 PM

why do americans always have to make it about america?

by Anonymousreply 378December 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Why fault U.S. citizens for self examination, r378? And are they really different from citizens of other countries? Do Argentines or Indonesians read history and not look for comparisons to their own country?

by Anonymousreply 379December 16, 2020 8:28 PM

A lot of people dismissed Hitler's and Mussolini's followers in their early days and look what happened. "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it" sounds cliched, but it's true. Why take a chance? Better to be proactive and speak out every time the right wing pulls something shady than to be complacent and say, "Oh, they could never be as bad as the fascists back in the day...". Americans aren't making it about them; right now the nexus of this global shift to the right is in the USA; woke Americans have every right and every obligation to be vigilant. In four years we've lost our place as the unofficial leader of the free world. Now, our current leader is no better than the despots in the Third World countries some of you uppity sissies like to disparage. Trump is no better than Mugabe or that disgusting Filipino president. Or Putin, although Russia isn't considered Third World, their standard of living is lower than ours. How ironic is it that Germany has a more tolerant and open-minded president than we do?

by Anonymousreply 380December 16, 2020 8:46 PM

Thank you, R64.

These atrocities against the Jewish people were documented WELL, and these pictures are ones which I peruse every so often, because we must never forget.

And that’s where my heart breaks, because how can Israel do this to the Palestinians?

by Anonymousreply 381December 16, 2020 8:58 PM

r379, it's the unique capacity of americans to see the horrors of the holocaust (or really anything) and insist it's a metaphor for "america right now!!!!"

other countries are not such navel gazers

by Anonymousreply 382December 17, 2020 11:49 PM

Trump's daughter is jew. White people put up with a lot. Nobody should put up with jews.

by Anonymousreply 383December 21, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote]why do americans always have to make it about america?

Because 99.9% of the time, it is, in fact, about America.

by Anonymousreply 384December 21, 2020 1:53 PM

R383

by Anonymousreply 385December 21, 2020 1:54 PM

What type of harlot runs through the street in her undergarments?

by Anonymousreply 386December 21, 2020 2:24 PM

Watching a documentary on Kanopy right now; it's called [italic]What The Allies Knew[/italic]. It's maddening to see how badly the Allies handled this. Spies told them; Escapees from the camps got the information to people of influence so they could do something. But people in positions of power in America, Canada, UK and the neutral nations, save for Sweden, had strong bigoted views towards Jews. And I believe that many citizens knew. Even if someone could have come out and said afterwards, "We knew, but we were afraid of the same thing happening to us.". Churchill was a fat pig; genocide was no big deal to him, since he played a role in the Great Bengal Famine.

by Anonymousreply 387December 22, 2020 5:37 PM

"Because 99.9% of the time, it is, in fact, about America."

That's a dumbass thing to say, but it's typical of a Trump mindset.

by Anonymousreply 388December 22, 2020 10:10 PM

R382 Youre right. It’s embarrassing. And as I said above, it diminishes what Hitler and the Third Reich did. I don’t know if that’s deliberate or not.

by Anonymousreply 389December 22, 2020 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!