Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iffy Shades of Gray, The Port Chuck Edition

...or Degrees of Separation, not from Kevin Bacon, but Kelly's Bacon (Lettuce & Tomato, natch)

The buzz around town has it that Colonel Sanders Tad Martin Gray and big, old baddie Cyrus Renault just may turn out to be long-lost relations from the forgotten branch of our fair Laura's original family tree, as connected by Florence and Gordon Gray. Florence has been revealed to be the patient (presumed to be mother) that Cyrus is keeping hidden away in various out of state oh-so secret safe houses, while her wayward husband (now deceased) was Prof. Gordon Gray, who happens to have been the teacher who inconveniently knocked up Laura's mother, Leslie, back in the day when she was a young, single student. Stay tuned...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2021 10:12 AM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2020 12:48 AM

OP, LOL at your signature and thanks for the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2020 12:49 AM

You're welcome!

More Gray/Grey connections:

This one's probably just a coincidence, but another Gray/Grey that once inhabited the Luke & Laura adventure caper universe was one David Grey, who stalked and kidnapped Laura, then later held Luke hostage, only to meet his untimely demise by falling out of a window during a swordfight with Luke:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2020 12:53 AM

R3

Haha! Where the F did Luke Spencer learn how to swordfight?

Was one of the johns at Aunt Ruby's brothel a kindly fencing instructor!?!

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2020 2:02 AM

Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2020 3:32 AM

If they're revisiting all this history from the 1970s, surely they'll bring Lesley back to town.

Lesley's presence has been sorely missed in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2020 6:15 AM

Genie said that Denise A is in a wheelchair now. She has the bad hips.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2020 12:35 PM

I have to admit to being confused about Laura's heritage. Perhaps someone could sort it out for me....Gray..Vining...???

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2020 3:11 PM

When does nuAudrey debut?

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote]I have to admit to being confused about Laura's heritage. Perhaps someone could sort it out for me....Gray..Vining...???

"Laura is the daughter of medical professor, Gordon Grey and his former student, Lesley Williams. Lesley believed Laura died at birth until she learned that she was being raised by Jason and Barbara Vining. After moving in with her real mom, Laura had some trouble adjusting to being away from Barbara. Lesley would then take her back to the Vinings but she couldn't forget her. Her husband Cameron Faulkner was jealous and paid the Vining's to run off with Laura. Laura was later found by Dr. Rick Webber along with Lesley. He'd help her come to terms with the fact the Lesley loved her just as much as Barbara. Laura would move in with Rick and Lesley when they married."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2020 4:29 PM

Every once in awhile, over the years, I have posted comments about Laura's heritage, (who her birth father is, etc.), always wondering if the thread would be picked up somewhere. I have to wonder if some GH producer has been reading this thread....lol....meanwhile,

they did change a bit of history. As originally written, Gordon Grey had nothing to do with the disappearance of Lesley's baby after birth. It was Lesley's adoptive parents. They didn't want anything to get in the way of their daughter's blossoming medical career. Another baby in the hospital had just been born and died suddenly. The child of who ended up being the Vinings. Lesley's parents paid a nurse to switch the babies. Cut to 12 years later, Lesley happened to be watching the news, and there was a story about a nurse who had made a confession on her death bed. It was about the baby switch. Lesley realized it was her daughter, thus began the search.

Am I misremembering??

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2020 6:31 AM

Wait...Nell is/was Nina's kid? DUMB.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2020 9:39 AM

It was obvious they were going with Nina/Willow but changed it to Nina/Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2020 4:52 PM

The sibling pairing of the politician and the career criminal (Laura & Cyrus) is shades of Whitey Bulger, too.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2020 6:54 PM

More than half of the characters on today’s episode should’ve died in that explosion.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] It was obvious they were going with Nina/Willow but changed it to Nina/Nelle.

They should've gone with Nina/Willow and Nelle. The idea of one good and one bad sister is one of the oldest tropes in soaps, like Meg and Vanessa Dale in Love of Life.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2020 11:17 PM

Jordan actress has Covid

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2020 12:17 AM

Genie has the covid.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2020 1:26 AM

Where was it confirmed about Genie?

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2020 3:46 AM

Joss mentioned Morgan today, hope it's not a clue he is coming back.

The following rumor has been circulating:

"Newly cast guy finds a man wandering who does not know his own name. On the way to hospital they are stopped by State Trooper who recognizes the man."

If true, my guess it's either Drew or Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2020 11:33 PM

Besides being a hell of a walk back from Afghanistan, the case for Drew is that Sam is now back to not wanting to live the mobster lifestyle.

Not thrilled about Morgan coming back, but if it can help end our long Ava/nuNik nightmare, it might be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2020 12:31 AM

Ugh. It's also a way to not have Peter go up for the murder of Drew if he's actually still alive. I smell a massive rehabilitation coming down the pike.

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2020 1:34 AM

R20 I’ve heard the amnesia story is actually Sonny. He has a medical emergency and then goes missing.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2020 2:20 AM

I hope it's Drew. I liked Drew as played by Miller. I never liked Morgan. Also on a show last week wasn't there some Drew mention in a scene with Elizabeth? I wasn't really paying close attention but I think so.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2020 3:15 AM

I believe Drew was mentioned bc of the will during the stupid memory mapping garbage last year. I also think Franco’s current story is about to involve Peter and Drew memories

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2020 3:34 AM

...and another rumor is:

"Returning male possibly back from the dead, once married to a vet and tied to a legacy character. Taped on closed set."

I would love for it to be Duke who was married to Anna and tied to Sonny. Is Sonny considered "legacy"?

If not, what is Stephen Nichols up to these days? Stefan was married to Laura and tied to Helena, is Hels "legacy"?

Then there is Lucky who was married to Liz and tied to Laura. What is Greg Vaughn up to? JJ lives in Ireland now according to posters on Soap Central Forum where these rumors came from and are generally reliable.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2020 3:48 AM

Stephen Nichols is on contract at Days as Patch.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2020 4:19 AM

Stephen Nichols went back to Days r26 shortly after being let from Y&R and has been there since until he was let go from Days. Then the Steve and Kayla fans along with some other fans begin making noise and Days eventually rehired him again.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2020 4:19 AM

Another Morgan namedrop. Ugh, he's coming back.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2020 6:26 PM

I for one CAN'T WAIT for Morgan to be back. Bryan Craig is endlessly entertaining to watch, both onscreen and off, for all the wrong reasons.

I wonder how things will go onset with he and Kelly Thiebald?

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2020 10:14 PM

Whoa! Martin and Cyrus are brothers. Laura must be a half-sibling.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2020 10:21 PM

If Morgan comes back to town with mental impairment, will anyone even notice?

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2020 10:27 PM

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE from twitter will go nuts if Bryan Craig is back. Alan os so HOT! lololololololololol

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2020 10:53 PM

When is Julian's last airdate? He seems to still be hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2020 8:57 PM

It looked like a different actor was playing Dante's "handler" Dr. Kirk today. Somebody vaguely familiar, like he's been a soap vet for years, but I don't know the name offhand.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2020 9:53 PM

They’re really dragging out Julian’s exit.

And what the fuck did Monaco due to her face?

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2020 1:11 AM

I'm several episodes behind, so I can't comment who may currently be playing Dante's handler.

But originally, he was played by Christopher Cousins, who is perhaps best remembered for playing Tina Lord's con man husband Cain Rogan in the early 90s. Karen Witter was playing Tina at that point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2020 3:49 AM

R37 That's where I'd seen him. I knew he seemed familiar but I couldn't place him. The new actor is Jamison Jones who previously appeared as a character named William in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2020 3:57 AM

R36 *do

by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2020 1:00 PM

^^ An apt typo, though, since she has become additionally unbearable due to her face.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2020 5:22 PM

[italic]"You couldn't HANDLE a woman like me!"[/italic]

Stay fabulous, liebchen.

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Lucky mentioned today...

Anyone else heard that Mo is either taking some time off or has asked for a reduced schedule? I would be happy for this to be true and also surprised his ego can stand for Cyrus actor to have more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Haven’t heard that but I did hear Sonny is about to get amnesia so that seems like a big story...

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2020 8:49 PM

I've been forgetting my line for years, so the amnesia storyline is a natural for me

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2020 10:04 PM

They cut into about fifteen minutes of today's broadcast and when they came back Cyrus was threatening Sasha to be careful about making accusations she has no power to back up, or something along those lines. What exactly did she say to him that pissed him off? And how did Obrecht get rid of Kirk's body? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2020 10:05 PM

Maurice makes my peen hard.

by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2020 4:37 AM

Hi Steve Burton/r46

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2020 4:55 AM

Brando interrupted the Cyrus-Sahsa meeting by telling him that he caught her searching his apartment for drugs, which pissed him off.

Looks like Dr. O will be taking her secret method of getting rid of a dead body to her grave

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Thanks, R48!

by Anonymousreply 49December 15, 2020 5:02 PM

Sorry, but are we really supposed to believe that drugs is that big of an issue to fashion industry types(Deception and Sasha)? Hell most of the fashion industry is on coke, etc. If they kicked out all the ones on drugs there would be no fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2020 11:54 PM

Laura's pretend catatonia made me very uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2020 11:04 AM

Yeah, trauma from JFP

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2020 1:20 PM

Ugh, I wanted "rumored returning vet" back full-time not as a dream. It is however good to him no matter how short the visit.

by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2020 6:52 PM

Genie Francis won her only Emmy thanks to JFP.

by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2020 8:03 PM

OMG Chase and Michael need to fuck already!!

by Anonymousreply 55December 17, 2020 8:13 PM

Why is there a temporary Taggert recast? And why not wait to do the big reveal/reunion with the real Taggert?

by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2020 8:21 PM

R56 Here is a link. It has to do with some health issue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2020 8:31 PM

R55 Yeah, that was... something today.

by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2020 8:46 PM

When Trina was faced with seeing her still-alive father, (now played by another actor), it would have been hilarious if she had said, "You're not my father! You look nothing like him!".

by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2020 10:52 PM

R55 & R58 That was one of the most homoerotic scenes I've seen on GH in along time, maybe ever. Hell their scene was hotter than almost any scene they've ever had with their actual gay couple Lucas and Brad.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2020 12:30 AM

R60 It had to have been deliberate. Perhaps someone's inside joke? I mean, really, how could it not?

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2020 6:10 AM

Frankie V had a boner watching Swickard and Dick of death Duelly.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2020 10:15 AM

r62

me too... Michael has only had chemistry with MEN

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Agree that it was deliberate. Swickard and Duelly have done interviews saying that they are each others' favorite scene partners

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2020 1:07 PM

Swickard has the crossed eye though.

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Don't Finola's eyes go in different directions?

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2020 7:19 PM

Love this Martin/Cyrus/Laura story!

by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2020 7:47 PM

I don’t necessarily hate the story but the scenes going over their sibling history fell flat to me. I just didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2020 7:52 PM

I do declare, the ghost of Tennessee Williams took a stint at the writer's table today.

by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2020 8:26 PM

It's an interesting twist on history, but now they have to turn it into compelling drama that ties into current stories. Give GF the material and she will deliver!

by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2020 8:39 PM

Cyrus isn't evil! He's just acting out because his family rejected him! He had no choice!

He's my soulmate.

by Anonymousreply 71December 18, 2020 9:05 PM

Agreed r55.

by Anonymousreply 72December 18, 2020 9:12 PM

Finding a half-brother who just nearly killed her daughter isn't enough recent compelling drama for r70 ?

by Anonymousreply 73December 18, 2020 9:47 PM

I'm hoping for a scene where Cy tells Tad Martin Grey to drop the phony southern accent and he does as his big brother says.

by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2020 9:50 PM

Devotion to mother, sly witticisms, no mention of ever having a wife or children........I'm beginning to think Colonel Thaddeus M. Grey is one of those confirmed bachelors.

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2020 10:26 PM

The Sonny and Julian scenes were great comedy.

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2020 11:30 PM

Poor Cyrus, poor black sheep brother. He's just misunderstood. He tried to start off from scratch in the West, doing off jobs and suddenly and inexplicably stumbled onto becoming a drug kingpin.

I love Jeff Kober as Cyrus. I've loved him since "China Beach."

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2020 12:25 AM

Tad Martin wants cock.

by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2020 2:23 AM

To be honest, MEK always did ping, especially when he was really young.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2020 3:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2020 5:11 AM

That hottie on twitter Alan Sarapa jerked his dick to cross eyed Swickard’s movie on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 81December 19, 2020 9:19 AM

Best part of the Laura/Cyrus/Martin story is that ShrewLu is nowhere near it.

by Anonymousreply 82December 19, 2020 10:37 AM

The scenes of Jason and Sonny running around shooting guns off were hilarious. First of all, neither knows how to properly hold a gun. Second, they don't move their bodies the way you would when shooting at an actual enemy target. And third, they don't know how the body reacts when a shot is taken. They look like middle aged actors indulging in a fantasy of being macho. How sad that GH has made these characters the heroes of the show.

by Anonymousreply 83December 19, 2020 11:44 AM

Sonny and Jason as any kind of menacing and/or hero figure is a joke. Laura is rocking her scenes and, as mentioned above, thank goodness no NuLulu. When Julie Berman returns as old NuLulu all will be right in PC.

by Anonymousreply 84December 19, 2020 10:35 PM

I’d love to never see JMB as Lulu again. Bring on another actress.

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2020 11:13 PM

R84, Sonny shooting Dante from, maybe, two feet away and still not killing him is a favorite moment of mine. The scene itself is at 07:19 in the linked clip, but the whole thing is somewhat interesting as it juxtaposes their "showdown" with Josslyn's baptism, including Julie Marie Berman's Lulu as her godmother,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2020 11:48 PM

I honestly did not the end of the Sonny/Julian cliffhanger coming.

by Anonymousreply 87December 20, 2020 2:54 AM

Was that the same bridge that Ryan fell off of? Didn’t it used to be in upstate NY?

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2020 7:20 AM

What is your issue with JMB as Lulu, r84?

by Anonymousreply 89December 21, 2020 1:55 AM

R89 Her pussy stunk.

by Anonymousreply 90December 21, 2020 5:22 AM

R89 I assume you mean me. I personally started to hate her in the role towards the end. She was like a mini-LW. All she did was shriek and yell. It was overkill. I think ER is one of the worst actresses I’ve ever witnessed so I’m happy she’s gone but I do agree that Lulu should be on canvas and would like a recast in the role.

by Anonymousreply 91December 21, 2020 7:20 PM

Seems strange that they gave Julian a pretty final goodbye, just as they went out of their way to give the character another child

by Anonymousreply 92December 21, 2020 10:59 PM

Yeah, cuz dead dead in soaps means something.

by Anonymousreply 93December 21, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]Seems strange that they gave Julian a pretty final goodbye, just as they went out of their way to give the character another child

Well, somebody has to be able to give Danny transfusions or bone marrow or whatever the fuck it was that only Julian could do. Which, of course, is how they will figure out Julian is the father.

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2020 4:53 AM

I highly doubt that kid is Julian’s. I’m thinking Franco is the father.

by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2020 6:34 AM

Franco is definitely the father.

I'm really liking the Laura's new family storyline.

by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2020 12:42 PM

Genie has gotten fat.

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2020 1:28 PM

That cut from Carly and Jason entering the darkness looking for Sonny to the credits, with its cheerful rendition of Deck the Halls, was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2020 10:38 PM

The geography of everything confuses me. Not to mention the days in reel time. All this has happened on the same night as Tracy and Alexis driving? Jason went to Kim’s apartment, the bus station, the bridge, Carson’s house and then back to the bridge... all in the same night?

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2020 11:06 PM

Writers need to find a way to drop Tad Martin Gray's southern accent especially now that his role is being expanded.

I propose he explain he adopted the accent to seem a more trustworthy lawyer or to differentiate himself from his bad boy brother. I don't care what b.s. story they come up with, just get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 100December 24, 2020 1:55 AM

I actually think the Southern accent is fine. It is especially smart since the actor is so identified with another very long running role on an ABC soap. It differentiates him from Tad Martin. Also, his accent is no where near the worst one I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 101December 24, 2020 2:14 AM

I think the accent is quite good and unlike many other actors who do accents on TV and films his doesn't come and go. He's able to keep it up and not exaggerate it so it sounds very natural. And I wasn't even a fan of his on AMC. The only other soap I watched was OLTL, never AMC.

by Anonymousreply 102December 24, 2020 3:17 AM

I agree, he's doing a good job with the Southern accent.

They even wrote it into his backstory, saying the Gray family moved from Port Charles to Louisianna when he was a child.

That makes sense because a person's accent tends to get set during the first few years of grade school. That explains why Martin has a Southern accent and Cyrus doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 103December 24, 2020 4:39 AM

Did MEK ever sample Darnell’s big chocolate stick back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 104December 24, 2020 5:55 AM

He probably had to fight James Mitchell for it.

by Anonymousreply 105December 24, 2020 6:04 AM

And Louis Edmunds

by Anonymousreply 106December 24, 2020 6:58 AM

... and Miss Geary, from all reports

by Anonymousreply 107December 24, 2020 12:21 PM

Miss Geary did like the black cock back in the day. He was hot n heavy with Ron Glass from Barney Miller for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 108December 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Was today's GH episode, 12/24/20, a rerun or a new episode?

by Anonymousreply 109December 25, 2020 2:36 AM

Rerun r109.

by Anonymousreply 110December 25, 2020 2:48 AM

Thank you so much R10. I guess that's why my DVR didn't record it. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 111December 25, 2020 3:14 AM

It was the Sonny+family and Mike at the hospice center episode.

by Anonymousreply 112December 25, 2020 4:13 AM

Did anyone read the Christmas story by the Nurse’s station ... or are those days long gone?

by Anonymousreply 113December 25, 2020 11:02 AM

I miss Nurse Lucille. I loved her busybody ways, telling her sister Audrey how to manage her love life. And whatever happened to Jane and Howie? And what about Rick and Jeff's sister, Terry Arnett? Is she still playing her movable organ/piano?

by Anonymousreply 114December 25, 2020 11:41 AM

Wait...who did Julian knock up? Besides what'sherface married to Ned?

by Anonymousreply 115December 25, 2020 12:49 PM

Lucille was such a battleaxe! Loved her. Screaming at Clampett, one of the minor nurses.

by Anonymousreply 116December 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Thanks again R112/110.

by Anonymousreply 117December 25, 2020 3:40 PM

Why hasn't Michael E. Knight ever come out? Do you think he's gay or just bi?

by Anonymousreply 118December 25, 2020 3:44 PM

Is he gay? Only around the edges, dear.

by Anonymousreply 119December 25, 2020 6:05 PM

r112 Why on earth would they re-air one of those extremely depressing episodes on Christmas Eve?

by Anonymousreply 120December 25, 2020 6:29 PM

I'm sorry, I don't believe in bi. I think most people can do it with the opposite sex but the preference and enjoyment is always one or the other. Bi is a cop out.

by Anonymousreply 121December 25, 2020 6:31 PM

R115 Julian knocked up teen Alexis which resulted in Sam (still a really stupid retcon). Knocked up Liv which resulted in Leo. And last week or the week before, a nanny at Kim’s apartment claimed the baby names Andrew or “Andy” was Julian’s though I think it’ll turn out to be Franco’s.

by Anonymousreply 122December 25, 2020 10:15 PM

Julian is also Lucas’s father.

by Anonymousreply 123December 25, 2020 10:17 PM

I'm generally not a fan but Marcus seems charming here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 26, 2020 12:06 AM

There will never be enough FUCK YOU’s to Alan Sarapa. Fuck you Alan Sarapa!!!

by Anonymousreply 125December 26, 2020 12:21 AM

[quote]a nanny at Kim’s apartment claimed the baby names Andrew or “Andy” was Julian’s though I think it’ll turn out to be Franco’s.

What made it more confusing, though, was that when the nanny was on the phone later with Kim she said something to the effect of "OK, I did what you told me to do to throw him off the track," so most of what she told Julian could have been fabricated, including it's name.

by Anonymousreply 126December 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Marcus Coloma can eat out my snatch anytime!

by Anonymousreply 127December 26, 2020 6:43 AM

"Let it Snow"? More like "We Four Queens".

by Anonymousreply 128December 26, 2020 11:44 AM

I'm calling it: Britta's got the Huntington's and stem cells from Maxie and Peter's baby's cord blood will be used to treat it. Bonus: They will also offer the cord blood stem cells to treat Anna's blood cancer, only to find out, oh noes, it doesn't actually match....

by Anonymousreply 129December 29, 2020 4:30 AM

On a pre-Covid Hollyoaks r55 Chase and Michael probably would have at least kissed already and then probably later on hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 130December 29, 2020 5:30 AM

R130 They could have at least played the soundtrack music from Brokeback Mountain. I'm not a techie, but if I was, I would take that scene and lay the track down in the background.

by Anonymousreply 131December 29, 2020 7:01 AM

Speaking of Lucas, Is Ryan Carnes still around?

by Anonymousreply 132December 29, 2020 1:08 PM

No, R132. Lucas was recast.

by Anonymousreply 133December 29, 2020 1:47 PM

I'm up to the episode where Sonny falls in the river. Please someone tell me his dead body has washed up by today's episode. Hey, a person can always hope, right?

by Anonymousreply 134December 29, 2020 11:52 PM

When Wally Kurth took over as Ned, Did Kurt M leave on his own or was he fired?

by Anonymousreply 135December 30, 2020 2:26 PM

Alexis and Finn's father?

by Anonymousreply 136December 30, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote]Alexis and Finn's father?

I thought about that one, too. They certainly are an incestuous little bunch. This would mean once again father and son both will have fucked the same woman. Add that to Finn, Gregory and Robert all fucked Jackie, Robert and Finn both fucked Anna. I've probably even missed a few.

by Anonymousreply 137December 30, 2020 10:07 PM

At least Alexis is finally fucking someone close to her own age.

by Anonymousreply 138December 31, 2020 5:02 AM

Carly needs to ask Tracy for advice on how to be a Mafia Don. How the fuck did she think that kidnapping Cyrus' mom would de-escalate things?

by Anonymousreply 139January 1, 2021 3:02 AM

Was today's episode another rerun?

by Anonymousreply 140January 1, 2021 3:28 AM

[quote]Carly needs to ask Tracy for advice on how to be a Mafia Don.

That's right! Wasn't it at the end of The City that she declared herself "The Godmother?"

by Anonymousreply 141January 1, 2021 5:03 AM

R141 Yes, they should've had her be Sonny's rival when she came back to GH.

by Anonymousreply 142January 1, 2021 5:28 AM

Does Tracy’ pussy stink? I bet it does.

by Anonymousreply 143January 1, 2021 12:41 PM

Jason and Carly just need to fuck already. My god.

by Anonymousreply 144January 1, 2021 1:16 PM

Gross. Carly and Jason have less sexual chemistry than Maxie and Peter. I can't even remember them sleeping together.

by Anonymousreply 145January 1, 2021 1:23 PM

LW and SB have zero sexual chemistry but I’m over this love fest with them. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” “I couldn’t survive if something happened to you.”

LW has been begging for Jarly for years. Just pull the trigger. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 146January 1, 2021 1:55 PM

I’d suck Maurice’s cock. Anyday.

by Anonymousreply 147January 1, 2021 6:22 PM

Jason and Carly only had heat in the early stages when it was SJB playing Carly and they used to meet up for hot, anonymous no-strings sex in Jason's little rented bunk in the backroom of Jake's. I think it was back when Stella Stevens ran the place.

by Anonymousreply 148January 1, 2021 9:00 PM

Searching YouTube for something else, I came across this: watching it, I realized I had never seen this episode in it's entirety, (just the tired old flashback sequence they repeated for years).

For a soap opera in the 70s, it was pretty fucking amazing! as was Genie!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 3, 2021 7:41 AM

And check out this clip... at about 5:55 in, is that Wally Cleaver????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 3, 2021 7:53 AM

It sure is, R150. I had no idea he was ever on GH.

by Anonymousreply 151January 3, 2021 4:20 PM

Lesley Webber is supposedly returning.

by Anonymousreply 152January 6, 2021 3:25 AM

R152 Well that makes sense right now

by Anonymousreply 153January 6, 2021 3:28 AM

Lesley will be in a wheelchair. DA can’t walk anymore.

by Anonymousreply 154January 6, 2021 5:04 AM

Mob boss Carly? Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 155January 6, 2021 5:15 AM

A wheelchair? GH fans won't put up with that!

by Anonymousreply 156January 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Why not just go there with Michael and Chase?

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2021 2:44 PM

Chase the top and Michael the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2021 3:04 PM

r158

Well that would fit with big dicked bottoms

by Anonymousreply 159January 6, 2021 4:01 PM

R157 there would be complaints from those who have complained about their being gays on "their soaps". Then the you know there would be complaints from the CarSon fans and the Millow,Chillow and Misha fans. You already have some of Sonny's fans who don't like that his daughter isn't straight and probably would blow their fuse at him having another child who isn't straight.

by Anonymousreply 160January 6, 2021 4:03 PM

I’m a bible belt Christian woman and I DO NOT WANT GAYS ON MY STORIES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 161January 6, 2021 4:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 6, 2021 10:06 PM

Michael isn’t Sonny’s child so deal with it! Can’t he be bi? Kristina and Lucas are MIA so maybe gay characters don’t belong on “their show” so why do gay people watch this crap?

by Anonymousreply 163January 6, 2021 10:56 PM

Had dumb Dylan commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 164January 7, 2021 8:23 AM

We have crypto-gay Thaddeus Martin Gray, Esq. now.

I truly hope they don't attempt to pair him with a female. I don't really see him as the type to have an out relationship, either, though. I see him as more of a Lindsey Graham type. Probably a secret chickenhawk who picks up trade when he feels an itch..

by Anonymousreply 165January 7, 2021 5:39 PM

How are you urchins even talking about soaps during a goverment coup?

Seek help

by Anonymousreply 166January 7, 2021 5:42 PM

Not only during a government coup, but have people watched soaps during all kinds of events:

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz Hypodermics on the shore, China's under martial law Rock and roller, cola wars, I can't take it anymore

They say they didn't start the fire, but I don't believe them

by Anonymousreply 167January 7, 2021 10:15 PM

A diet of all Trump, all the time is unhealthy. That man has plagued our existence and invaded our psyches for far too long. It's time to flush him like the turd he is and move on. Nothing wrong with a little respite to cleanse our minds for a while. If one were to only watch CNN 24/7 it would lead most to a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 168January 7, 2021 11:08 PM

I make no apology for watching GH. Would you try to shame someone for watching some fucking sports thing. Not only no apology but I was pissed that there was no GH yesterday instead of showing the insurrection. If the world ends I want to die doing something I enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2021 12:53 AM

IR is a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2021 3:43 AM

Is he having a hissy over on Parler?

by Anonymousreply 171January 8, 2021 4:53 AM

Posting shit on IG. Screenshots are in the GH tag on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 172January 8, 2021 2:00 PM

Is there something wrong with Lesley(Denise Alexander), more than aging? She just seems off. Maybe she's just rusty.

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2021 1:32 AM

I was getting almost a dementia vibe going on there and I wondered if that was supposed to be part of the character now or something else. The first half of the show was preempted in my area, so I thought perhaps the scene I saw (in the hospital hallway with Cyrus) just lacked context.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2021 1:54 AM

I always assumed Denise Alexander wore a wig, but those graying roots she had sure looked pretty real. Kudos to her for keeping such a thick head of hair, but, my god, the exact same style for how many decades now?

by Anonymousreply 175January 10, 2021 3:54 AM

Whoever did Denise’s hair must also do Becky Herbst’s hair. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 176January 10, 2021 6:52 PM

I can't really understand the point of connecting Phyllis Caulfield, RN to Sonny's story.

by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2021 1:32 AM

Wasn’t she Nina’s nurse? Maybe Nina visits, sees Sonny and uses it against Carly after she learns how she and Jax kept the Nelle secret. And I haven’t watched much this week but does no one really recognize SONNY CORINTHOS? Come on!

And will they address he’s off his meds?

by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2021 12:21 PM

Watching GH on Hulu tonight and I have two things to say. 1) Did Valentin(James Patrick Stuart) get a chemical peel, botox, or something? He always looks good but in today's episode he looked about ten years younger. 2) Has anyone else seen Brando(Johnny Wactor)'s adult Gradasil9 commercial.

by Anonymousreply 179January 20, 2021 1:09 AM

I saw his commercial while watching B&B today.

by Anonymousreply 180January 20, 2021 7:58 AM

Vee forced James Patrick Stuart to get work done. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2021 8:33 PM

I love Valentin and Drunk Alexis!

by Anonymousreply 182January 20, 2021 8:41 PM

JPS does look good, maybe a light touch of filler for that youthful volume?

Sasha is going to turn out to be Cyrus' long lost daughter, that's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 183January 20, 2021 8:45 PM

Love the witty-catty banter between the Alexis-Valentin-Martin troika. More, please!

by Anonymousreply 184January 20, 2021 10:09 PM

I really like the actress playing Phyllis Caulfield.

I liked her back in November when she was telling Nina what happened to her baby for that one episode. I remember thinking at the time they should keep her around.

Apparently the writers, or possibly Frank, felt the same way. Was delighted to see her befriend amnesiac Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2021 10:21 PM

I like her too but sad she is tied to Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2021 10:23 PM

I think she’s only tied to him so Nina can learn about Sonny before Carly and the rest of PC does.

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2021 10:40 PM

R187 I like that. Maybe keep him away longer after she finds out she wasn’t told about Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 188January 21, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]I think she’s only tied to him so Nina can learn about Sonny before Carly and the rest of PC does.

BUT--there's always a "but"--she withholds the information the same way Carly withheld the information about Nelle, Nina's erstwhile yet earnestly sought after daughter. Unfortunately, by that time, Phyllis and Lenny will have grown quite fond of and dependent upon their newfound bad ass barhand buddy, leading them to aid and abet in the coverup, as well....

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2021 2:14 AM

Vee demanded that Frank keep Phyllis around. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2021 11:00 AM

Thank you writers, for giving me the mental image of Maxie peeing. Luckily I wasn't eating anything.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2021 8:57 PM

Did Maxie make a big doo doo while she was peeing?

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2021 9:10 PM

I have to say the Ned/Olivia/Alexis/Tracey story is kinda shallow but the big reveal today was pure classic soap, especially the reaction shots. I wish Sonny had taken at least a few months off, because the show always seems better and more balanced when he isn't on.

Also Elizabeth's new shorter hairdo is looking good on her.

by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2021 12:50 AM

Tony Geary, black cock lover is doing some reading or something soon. He’s baaaaaaccccckkkkkkk!

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2021 8:19 PM

Just noticed Phyllis Caulfield and her husband's bar in Pennsylvania is The Tan-o. Is he near Lantano Mountain? As in, Llanview?

by Anonymousreply 195January 23, 2021 2:12 AM

Doesn't Viki have a cabin there? It would be cool if they could work that and ES into the story and then have one of the voices in Franco's head be Todd.

by Anonymousreply 196January 23, 2021 2:47 AM

I’m hoping Franco just dies.

by Anonymousreply 197January 23, 2021 2:51 AM

R196 Not sure, Asa had a cabin there but not sure about Vikki. Vikki was connected to the strange underground people that lived down in the mountain.

by Anonymousreply 198January 23, 2021 2:55 AM

Viki had a cabin as well. Someone gave birth there I think.

by Anonymousreply 199January 23, 2021 3:08 AM

Sonny’s gonna fall into the mountain and voila - Eterna.

by Anonymousreply 200January 23, 2021 3:24 AM

How is it possible that they could make Sonny even more annoying?

by Anonymousreply 201January 23, 2021 3:31 AM

There must be some significance to Sonny being in Pennsylvania after so much was made of finding Nelle's body "on the Pennsylvania side of the river." I might enjoy a story involving an amnesiac Nelle showing up as an employee at "The Tan-o" and meeting and becoming friends with an amnesiac Sonny. 😆

by Anonymousreply 202January 23, 2021 4:58 AM

The Tan-O looks like a mash up of Gene's Roadhouse and Charlie's, with a little bit of Ryan's thrown in for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 203January 23, 2021 5:09 AM

Amnesiac Sonny and amnesiac Nelle will meet and fall in love. Their haunted love will be encouraged by new friends Rex Balsom and Joey Buchanan, who finally found love together at the cabin.

by Anonymousreply 204January 23, 2021 11:39 AM

I appreciate that they’re showing Sonny’s manic.

by Anonymousreply 205January 23, 2021 3:17 PM

Not a fan of MB. I'd be happy to see him go like so many others on this board. But I have to admit I really like the grey in his hair. I'm starting to find him attractive again.

by Anonymousreply 206January 25, 2021 4:36 AM

I started the next thread a little early because I no longer have the ability to predict (new format changes) when the current one will end. Continue using this one as long as it remains in effect, but bookmark the new one for later. Plus, primetime has been really touch and go, so I thought I would get it in while I still could.

Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 26, 2021 12:36 AM

Why is Franco still on the show? Is Roger Howarth really that popular?

by Anonymousreply 208January 26, 2021 1:13 AM

I liked when Jackie said to Martin, “Do I know you?” and he paused before he introduced himself.

by Anonymousreply 209January 26, 2021 1:30 AM

I so wanted Jesse Hubbard to turn out to be the lead detective from The Pennsylvania Side of the River. Hell, we already have Nora Buchanan woven into the canvas, so why not. Even though the cast is already a bit bloated, little drop-ins from AMC and OLTL feel pretty organic and bring a lot of charm for the seasoned viewers.

by Anonymousreply 210January 26, 2021 1:38 AM

R208 No idea but I hate him, I hate Franco and I hate Friz. That pairing has completely stripped Liz of any kind of personality and focus.

by Anonymousreply 211January 26, 2021 1:42 AM

Do the other SON members do welfare checks on eeyore Carl? Soapsuds is always wacking off to Chandler Massey and dumb Dylan is somewhere relearning how to tie his shoes. Vee is always busy because he is in politics and the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 212January 26, 2021 2:02 AM

Dumb Dylan is too fucking stupid to learn how to tie his shoes. Vee is the expert on everything. He’s in the biz in case you didn’t know. The SON posters are all a MESS! They attract the biggest losers, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 213January 26, 2021 9:30 AM

Completely forgot that Knight and Delaney are on the same soap until their scene yesterday. I was like...holy shit! They both look good.

by Anonymousreply 214January 26, 2021 11:58 AM

Were they working to make sure there wasn't any sparks in their scenes to prevent the characters from being together?

If so, mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 215January 26, 2021 1:00 PM

The performances are mostly good, but the dangling plot threads are exhausting. Has there been a single storyline resolved with any dramatic impact in the last few years?

That was rhetorical.

by Anonymousreply 216January 26, 2021 5:02 PM

In my area, NYC, Biden has fucking preempted GH more days than not. I blame ABC News the most. They truly don't give a rat's ass about viewers of this show. They break in with just a few minutes left before the show ends. Also what is it with Biden having to always speak between 3 & 4 pm. Why not wait until 4 when the news is supposed to be on or do it at 2. Who would care if Rachel Ray is preempted or cancelled altogether. A soap is a continued story. No other show on ABC Daytime is a continued story. It doesn't matter if they're interrupted.

I know it's on Demand, although the interrupted 1/18 show was not On Demand. They just skipped the first 2/3 of the show. I also know it's on the ABC website but fuck them both. I will not be forced to watch the commercials and you can't fast forward on either.

I'm so pissed that Biden seems to give a speech every fucking day.

What I know is that they never have and never will interrupted any sports on TV. I guess the fuckers in charge still consider soaps "women's shows" and their attitude is fuck the women. Well I'm not a woman and I say fuck the sports. No respect, not a crumb of it. I don't care if the world is ending. It can wait until 4pm EST!

by Anonymousreply 217January 26, 2021 6:52 PM

Crack open that wallet and get a Hulu subscription r217

Same day episodes begin at 8pm. There are some commercials, but not as many as air live and fast forwarding is available

by Anonymousreply 218January 26, 2021 7:00 PM

r217 I live in LA and when GH is premepted at 2 p.m. (it airs at 2 on West Coast), KABC will re-broadcast it at 2:05 a.m. It's automatic. If more than about 10 minutes of the show gets interrupted, KABC will air it overnight.

Back in spring 2020 when there were a lot of interruptions for COVID news conferences, etc., I was routinely setting my DVR to record at 2:05 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 219January 26, 2021 7:24 PM

I wish Franco would die, even though I actually like his and Elizabeth's relationship, because I'm fucking tired of everyone acting like he can't possibly change, when you have others running around town who have all done horrible things themselves.

by Anonymousreply 220January 28, 2021 1:07 AM

That pairing has ruined Liz. She looks like an idiot. Such poor writing. And I say that as a big Liz fan.

by Anonymousreply 221January 28, 2021 1:38 AM

Honestly, none of her relationships have been great. At least with Franco there is mutual love and respect, unlike with the others.

by Anonymousreply 222January 28, 2021 1:46 AM

None of her other partners interacted with the kids the way that Franco has. They feel like a real family. Hell, he sacrificed himself to save Cam from the memory zapping thing.

by Anonymousreply 223January 28, 2021 3:53 AM

Well they had to humanize Franco somehow R223. What better way to do that than make him Mr. Mom?

by Anonymousreply 224January 28, 2021 11:40 AM

LMAO Alexis' drunk ass charging at Franco with with syringe had me howling!!

by Anonymousreply 225January 28, 2021 11:31 PM

the syringe*

by Anonymousreply 226January 28, 2021 11:35 PM

That was funny R225. I REALLY hate the Nina character. I mean...I love Roger Harworth, and I hope they don't go back to the James Franco shit, but if they do, it'd be GREAT if he killed Willow, Nina, and Sasha--in that order.

by Anonymousreply 227January 29, 2021 10:00 AM

Not feeling Sam and Dante but at least they're the same height.

by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2021 10:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!