Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway and Marcello Mastroianni

Mastroianni married Flora Carabella on 12 August 1950, but eventually separated because of his affairs with younger women. Mastroianni's first serious relationship after the separation was with Faye Dunaway, his co-star in A Place for Lovers (1968).

Dunaway wanted to marry and have children, but Mastroianni, a Catholic, refused to divorce Carabella. In 1970, after more than two years of waiting for Mastroianni to change his mind, Dunaway left him.

Mastroianni told a reporter for People magazine in 1987 that he never got over his relationship with Dunaway. "She was the woman I loved the most", he said. "I'll always be sorry to have lost her. I was whole with her for the first time in my life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2020 7:59 PM

She really does look Crawford-esque in that photo. Part of it is the heavy eye make-up.

A very young Joan, if you will.

And Marcello was always a fox.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2020 6:31 PM

Marcello is a total stud

She looks old even here

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2020 6:58 PM

Those were truly my salad days.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2020 2:17 AM

He had no idea of the bullet he dodged by not marrying her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2020 4:08 AM

Fuck. More to say about this dusty old witch?

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2020 4:19 AM

Marcello then went on to have a child with Catherine Deneuve!

Chaira is now 48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2020 4:40 AM

Despite his reputation as an international ladies man, Marcello was actually a shy, self-deprecating man, who lived a private life and was bemused by his public persona. It was his wife, stage and screen actress, Flora Carabella, who was the glamorous social butterfly. Sophia Loren described her as a "joyful, committed, independent woman; always lively."

Flora and Marcello never divorced and, supposedly, Flora offered to adopt Marcello and Catherine Deneuve's love child, Chiara, because they were too busy with their careers. Chiara and her older half-sister, Barbara, were very close and Chiara remained at Barbara's side when Barbara died of lung cancer in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2020 5:54 AM

Didn’t we just go through this?

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2020 5:58 AM

R6 Yes, because Catherine Deneuve had no problem having kids without being married (she had a son with Roger Vadim). I think Faye Dunaway wouldn't have kids without being married and didn't want to be the mistress of a married man forever. Marcello, being catholic, never wanted to divorce his wife even though they were separated since mid 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2020 10:13 AM

Both Marcello and Flora lived their separate lives and had different lovers but Never divorce (The hypocrisy!!) .

Helmut Berger had affairs with both the mother and daughter (Flora and Barbara Mastroianni), even though he was a very good friend with Marcello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2020 10:19 AM

The Faye Loon is back and duplicating less-than-a-month old threads.

Muriel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2020 10:25 AM

"Mastroianni's first serious relationship after the separation was with Faye Dunaway"

I'm sure you believe that, Faye. Mastroianni was a womanizer x100, and probably had 3-4 "serious relationships" going on at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2020 5:37 PM

What's going on with her eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2020 5:39 PM

The look like curved pointing arrows, r13.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2020 6:17 PM

[bold]#LeaveFayeAlone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!