Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oscar Season 2020-2021

Netflix will release Mank on Friday, while Nomadland will enter theaters wherever they’re open, which unfortunately are only in areas where no one cares about Nomadland. So the race is on!

Can anyone beat sentimental favorite Chadwick Boseman for Best Actor? Will Frances McDormand become the second woman to win three Best Actress awards (sorry, Meryl!), or do Vanessa Kirby, Viola Davis or even Michelle Pfeiffer have a chance? Who will win Supporting Actor, and does anyone care anyway? And does the failure of Hillbilly Elegy doom Glenn, or does the prospect of giving an Oscar to the star of Ted 2 keep her in the running?

by Anonymousreply 600January 17, 2021 2:09 AM

Have the rules changed for theatrical releases this year?

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2020 2:55 AM

Yes, R1. They’re no longer requiring the usual theatrical release in L.A., since theaters have been closed there since March. So Netflix doesn’t even have to do the qualifying release that they did for movies like The Irishman and Roma.

Also, the eligibility window has shifted, so anything released through the end of February qualifies, but I think most of the major contenders will get some release before January anyway to qualify for critics’ prizes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2020 3:05 AM

BLACK woke shit will win 90% of awards, even tho they is 13% of population........wha??????

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2020 5:28 AM

Regina King will win Best Director.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2020 5:40 AM

They'll finda ways to award all dem nice negro girls like Kerry Washington and Regina King regardless of dem actually having da talent.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2020 5:43 AM

With all that’s gone on in 2020, the last thing I need is some Oscars ceremony falling over itself rewarding an Oscarbait movie that will never be seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2020 5:46 AM

I will win again to remind everyone of the "Inclusion Rider" although I haven't done a damn thing about it since the last time I won.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2020 5:57 AM

An African American will win Best Actress so either Viola or Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2020 5:03 AM

R8, Viola *is* the Black Meryl. And don't you forget it!

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2020 5:23 AM

there are gonna be oscars????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2020 12:20 PM

Variety just did a slew of Oscar predictions.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2020 12:57 PM

Best Actress predicted nominees: Vanessa Kirby "Pieces of a Woman" (Netflix) Andra Day "The United States vs. Billie Holiday" (Paramount Pictures) Frances McDormand "Nomadland" (Searchlight Pictures) Viola Davis "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" (Netflix) Carey Mulligan "Promising Young Woman" (Focus Features)

Next in line: Meryl Streep "The Prom" (Netflix) Kate Winslet "Ammonite" (Neon) Michelle Pfeiffer "French Exit" (Sony Pictures Classics) Sophia Loren "The Life Ahead" (Netflix) Carrie Coon "The Nest" (IFC Films)

Oh Jesus there are 40 altogether and Unranked Contenders.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2020 12:59 PM

I think Viola and Chadwick are the shoo-in picks.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2020 1:08 PM

Glynn Turman for supporting if Chadwick is Best Actor

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2020 1:12 PM

asians year ago , now blacks pathetic

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2020 1:17 PM

colored folk will win 9 out of 10 categorys....

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2020 1:35 PM

Meryl is unlikely to be nom'd for The Prom, as it's getting mixed reviews and is a comedy(ish).

She may get one, though, for the Soderbergh movie.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2020 2:49 PM

From every review I've read of Ma Rainey, they praise Boseman to the heavens, but say that Viola's role feels secondary to his. Can she really win a Leading Actress Oscar with that type of reaction, especially since it'll be her second?

R17, I've heard that Candice Bergen is the one to watch from the Soderbergh movie. (As for the Supporting Actress race, I'm watching Mank now, and Seyfried would make a fine winner).

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2020 2:56 PM

I honestly thing Sophia Loren will win for "The Life Ahead" or it'll win best foreign language film or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2020 5:10 PM

Italy didn't choose The Life Ahead for their submission this year, so the International award is out. And I doubt they'll give Loren another Oscar, considering she has both a competitive Oscar and, inexplicably, an honorary award from thirty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2020 5:28 PM

Ma Rainey may be the titular character but she's always been a supporting role. Viola should've gone Lead for Fences, supporting for this.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2020 5:56 PM

No matter what happens, I'm sure it'll be black artists down the line. Art is dead in woke world.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2020 6:04 PM

yeah , the black guy died of cancer - is there any better candidate out there? lol

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2020 6:15 PM

Serious question: If Elliott Page were nominated for a movie she starred in as Ellen Page, would she be nominated as a male or a female for the performance in which she protrayed a female?

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2020 6:38 PM

It would be shocking if Elisabeth Moss isn't nominated for The Invisible Man. She was wonderful in a very difficult role. She had to do most of her scenes with an imaginary partner.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2020 6:51 PM

Elliott/r24, you don’t need to worry.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2020 7:01 PM

Doesn’t it make you miss the days when people of color couldn’t even get nominated at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2020 7:02 PM

The overt and covert racism in this thread is slightly more irritating than the overly earnest and feverish “wokeness” being referred to in here.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2020 7:07 PM

P.S. Da 5 Bloods should win everything.

And R27 should be Ffed, putrid fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2020 7:11 PM

R28 I am one of those "racist" and fuck off. You dont feel academy are giving nominations/ oscars to asians and blacks because they are forced??

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2020 7:18 PM

R30 I feel they’ve given them to more than enough undeserving Whites and nowhere near enough Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Ellenelliot Page as Elliot Spitzer

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2020 7:23 PM

R31 Many whities didnt deserve their awards, but that doesnt mean blacks should have got them instead. Every one of them. There is rule now that black actors HAVE TO be nominated NO MATTER WHAT. And most likely some black person has to get an award every year lately. Pathetic. Black panther being nominated for best pictures is a proof. It is so forced and blacks dont mind. They dont see that is so forced and mostly they dont deserve it. Hispanic actors are shit mostly.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2020 7:29 PM

Viola should have had the balls to go lead instead of supporting for Fences, I don't think Emma Stone was undeniable and actors seem to like Viola.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2020 7:34 PM

Viola does have the balls to let snot pour out all over half her face in nearly every movie she's in.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2020 7:36 PM

Frances won't win again so soon

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2020 7:47 PM

DA 5 Bloods will win something.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2020 1:12 AM

I don't think Glenn will be getting nominated. The movie was an eye sore.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2020 1:16 AM

R38. You just never know. I haven’t seen the movie, but read the book. I’ve read the reviews, which are pretty awful, but other actors have been given Oscars for bad films and even bad performances when voters decide its their time (White Sandra Bullock and White Meryl “Iron Lady” Streep I see you!), so it may be they’ll just want to get it over with. And Ron Howard is well-liked. I live Glenn and while The Wife was far from my favorite of her films, I thought she did good work, especially in the physical responses, so I would have been happy to see her get it for that—and I think she did deserve it at least three other times, maybe four.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote]An African American will win Best Actress so either Viola or Meryl.

What about ME?

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2020 1:35 AM

Given the Oscars relaxed their eligibility to films which had their premiere on streaming, the TV Academy have announced any film submitted for Oscar consideration will be ineligible for the Emmys.

Also, not Oscar related, but can't be bothered to create a new thread - the two variety Emmy categories are merged, meaning next year SNL will have to compete with Last Week Tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2020 1:45 AM

R38, I think this is such a weak year that Glenn still has a much better chance at a nomination than people assume. Seyfried and Colman seem assured of nominations, but it seems open beyond that. They've nominated actors in bad movies before, and this could be a case where her early status as a front-runner plus the Academy-friendly nature of the role mean she's still a contender.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2020 2:03 AM

Ellen Burstyn and Jodie Foster are picking up steam though. Both much more beloved than mean Glenn.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2020 2:09 AM

Burstyn would make history if she won. Oldest winner ever and greatest amount of time between wins (46) years.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2020 2:25 AM

R7 Hispanic actors are shit mostly? Lol. You’re a bitch. They don’t get enough great parts but some of these Latina actresses on say ‘OITNB’ alone are just fantastic actresses.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2020 2:28 AM

The only thing I really want this year is a nomination for Tutar.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2020 2:29 AM

Sandy in The Blind Side is hardly a bad performance, Even if it’s easy for HER, no one else has that presence while dripping that charisma. Oh and I’d like to see fucking Emanuelle Riva make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2020 2:35 AM

Ahem...excuse you. I turned down that Disney Erin Brockovich reboot multiple times before that scrub came into the picture. You are welcome butch.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2020 2:39 AM

There will be a lot of black nominations or there will be hell to pay. It's interesting that the attitude has been that the work doesn't have to be better, there just has to be more black nominees.

Viola Davis is a good dramatic actress. She can scream and cry with the best of them. In the business they call it "blAckting", no joke. When she pulls off a comedic or satiric role I'll be truly impressed.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2020 2:40 AM

I will be watching Mank tomorrow on Netflix. I'll report back on what I think its Oscar chances are.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2020 4:27 AM

Best Actor Variety predictions: Chadwick Boseman "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" (Netflix) Anthony Hopkins "The Father" (Sony Pictures Classics) Delroy Lindo "Da 5 Bloods" (Netflix) Steven Yeun "Minari" (A24) Gary Oldman "Mank" (Netflix)

NEXT IN LINE CONTENDERS: Riz Ahmed "Sound of Metal" (Amazon Studios) Colin Firth "Supernova" (Bleecker Street) Tom Hanks "News of the World" (Universal Pictures) Ben Affleck "The Way Back" (Warner Bros.) Tahar Rahim "The Mauritanian" (STXfilms)

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2020 4:34 AM

Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried "Mank" (Netflix) Olivia Colman "The Father" (Sony Pictures Classics) Ellen Burstyn "Pieces of a Woman" (Netflix) Yuh-Jung Youn "Minari" (A24) Jodie Foster "The Mauritanian" (STXfilms)

NEXT IN LINE CONTENDERS: Maria Bakalova "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm" (Amazon Studios) Glenn Close "Hillbilly Elegy" (Netflix) Nicole Kidman "The Prom" (Netflix) Ariana DeBose "The Prom" (Netflix) Swankie "Nomadland" (Searchlight Pictures)

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2020 4:35 AM

Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom, Jr. "One Night in Miami" (Amazon Studios) Daniel Kaluuya†/†† "Judas and the Black Messiah" (Warner Bros.) Stanley Tucci "Supernova" (Bleecker Street) Sacha Baron Cohen "The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Netflix) Bill Murray "On the Rocks" (A24/Apple TV Plus)

NEXT IN LINE CONTENDERS: Charles Dance "Mank" (Netflix) David Strathairn "Nomadland" (Searchlight Pictures) Mark Rylance "The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Netflix) Frank Langella "The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Netflix) Alan S. Kim "Minari" (A24)

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2020 4:37 AM

Best Director: Chloé Zhao "Nomadland" (Searchlight Pictures) David Fincher "Mank" (Netflix) Lee Isaac Chung "Minari" (A24) Regina King "One Night in Miami" (Amazon Studios) Florian Zeller "The Father" (Sony Pictures Classics)

NEXT IN LINE CONTENDERS: Aaron Sorkin "The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Netflix) Spike Lee "Da 5 Bloods" (Netflix) Paul Greengrass "News of the World" (Universal Pictures) Shaka King "Judas and the Black Messiah" (Warner Bros.) George Clooney "The Midnight Sky" (Netflix)

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2020 4:38 AM

Da 5 Bloods? Really? That came and went months ago and was no BlackkKlansman.

Boseman vs Hopkins is going to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2020 4:39 AM

Death is always an excellent career move. Which makes Chadwick Boseman this year's Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2020 4:55 AM

Boseman has a truckload of sentiment on his side, Hopkins already has an Oscar and won’t lift a finger to campaign. It hardly seems like a race at all.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2020 4:56 AM

Delroy Lindo should and will get Best Actor for his towering, riveting, and heartbreaking performance in Da 5 Bloods. No actor, white or otherwise, touches him this year.

Chadwick Boseman, if they’re inclined to award him posthumously, can win in Supporting for the same film and for fine and moving performance.

Da 5 Bloods is, in my opinion, the best film of the year and Spike Lee’s best film in over a decade; both should win the Oscar in their respective categories. (BlacKkKlansman was okay but is shit compared to D5B.) The rest of the supporting cast, especially a sublime Clarke Peters, are worthy as well.

This was a heartbreaking film with biting political commentary that did not feel overwrought or overbearing, and with the retelling of an important slice of American history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2020 5:27 AM

I'm rooting for Diane Lane in Let Him Go. It's a genre picture so that's one strike but she's terrific in it.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2020 5:48 AM

Who's Best Actress frontrunning?

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2020 6:08 AM

Viola Davis supposedly r60.

But some like newcomer Vanessa Kirby.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2020 6:20 AM

Kirby stars as Martha, whose baby dies while she is in labor and the year that follows is filled with grief as she walks aimlessly through grocery stores and gazes at children on the train. Needing justice, Martha eventually faces her midwife in court.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2020 8:20 AM

Variety says "the stage marvel better known to audiences for her work on “The Crown” delivers her most impressive screen performance to date — not just the remarkable commitment of that childbirth scene, but the way she navigates the character’s uncertainty for the rest of the movie. Martha has such a complicated reaction, both physical and psychological, to her delivery that it couldn’t have been easy for Kirby to decide how to play so many seemingly contradictory facets: devastated yet resilient, angry but empathetic. The courtroom scenes, when they come, are less about the case than about Martha’s feelings of guilt. Director Mundruczó and screenwriter Wéber gave her the pieces from which to assemble this character, but only Kirby could have taken that puzzle and turned it into such an astonishing portrait.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2020 8:23 AM

R44 - if nominated, Burstin will break Katharine Hepburn's record of greatest amount of time between nominations - 49 (1933-1981) to 48 (1971-2020), but since Hepburn did win for both her first and last nomination while Burstin won on her third attempt, when it comes to winnings, the record will still be Hepburn's.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Oh, ja, R61?

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2020 8:29 AM

^ should be: R44 - if nominated, Burstin will break Katharine Hepburn's record of greatest amount of years between nominations - 48 (1933-1981) to 49 (1971-2020), but since Hepburn did win for both her first and last nomination while Burstin won on her third attempt, when it comes to winnings, the record will still be Hepburn's.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2020 8:30 AM

^^^ Should be: Burstyn. Either way.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2020 8:49 AM

R45 names, gurl, names

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2020 1:06 PM

Burstyn is a great actress but I can't root for her given what a stuck-up cunt she is.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2020 1:11 PM

R58, I find Spike Lee films to be all over the place, but I was quite impressed with D5B. The movie stayed with me and the acting was incredible. If Chadwick Boseman hadn’t died, I think Delroy Lindo would be the front runner for best actor - deservedly so and not just because he is black, according to this thread. As an aside The Good Fight >>> The Good Wife.

I think either Sofia or Ellen will snag one of the acting Oscars, especially since we are now down to a handful of “golden age” actors who are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2020 1:29 PM

What no Parasite II ?

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2020 1:58 PM

R69 - Ellen Burstyn a great actress? No she aint.

by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2020 4:18 PM

and Variety Best Picture predictions: "Nomadland" (Searchlight Pictures) Frances McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey, Chloé Zhao (producers) "Minari" (A24) Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Christina Oh (producers) "Mank" (Netflix) David Fincher, Ceán Chaffin, Eric Roth, Douglas Urbanski (producers) "The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Netflix) Stuart M. Besser, Matt Jackson, Marc Platt, Tyler Thompson (producers) "One Night in Miami" (Amazon Studios) Jess Wu Calder, Keith Calder, Jody Klein (producers) "The Father" (Sony Pictures Classics) Philippe Carcassonne, Simon Friend, Jean-Louis Livi, David Parfitt, Christophe Spadone (producers) "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" (Netflix) Todd Black, Denzel Washington, Dany Wolf (producers) "News of the World" (Universal Pictures) Gary Goetzman, Gregory Goodman, Gail Mutrux (producers) "Promising Young Woman" (Focus Features) Ben Browning, Emerald Fennell, Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerley, Josey McNamara, Ashley Fox (producers) "The Prom" (Netflix) Adam Anders, Dori Berinstein, Chad Beguelin, Bill Damaschke, Bob Martin, Ryan Murphy, Scott Robertson, Matthew Sklar, Alexis Martin Woodall (producers)

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2020 4:20 PM

What is with the Ellen Burstyn slander? She definitely IS a great actress. How is she a "stuck-up cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2020 5:51 PM

R70 Really was a film that sticks with you.

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2020 6:53 PM

Burstyn may have positioned herself at the Actors Studio as a high priestess but she has that horrible tinny voice which limits her. She's competent at best.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2020 10:29 PM

Id love Burstyn to get another Oscar. Her Requieum performance is awesome. She just happened to do it in a prom queen year. I'm all for her getting a second.

by Anonymousreply 77December 6, 2020 2:44 AM

Has Ellen ever shown her dirty pillows onscreen?

by Anonymousreply 78December 6, 2020 3:41 AM

No. Her film career only started when she was around 40 or so. The pillows never came out.

by Anonymousreply 79December 6, 2020 3:42 AM

Goodness gracious me Ellen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 6, 2020 4:27 AM

Never mind. I was wrong apparently. What movie is that from r80?

by Anonymousreply 81December 6, 2020 4:30 AM

Tropic of Cancer! Nice boobs

by Anonymousreply 82December 6, 2020 4:32 AM

Ellen also would bring Madonna to shame by appearing nude in her FIFTIES in The Ambassador.

You go, girl!

by Anonymousreply 83December 6, 2020 6:51 AM

What the fuck is Minari? The Oscars are a mess right now.

by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2020 11:36 AM

Minari is about a Korean family living in rural Arkansas. Very positive reviews when it premiered at Sundance. Stars Steve Yuan from Walking Dead and Burning.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2020 12:40 PM

THE PROM will be lucky to get a Golden Globe nomination. No one in that film rises to the level of deserving an Oscar nod.

I haven't been wowed by any of these obvious Oscar bait films. THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7 is servicable; Francis Lee's AMMONITE is a bore and relies on people wanting to see Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan eat each other out. HILLBILLY ELEGY didn't deserve the critical scorn it received but it's a barely there story.

Riz Ahmed is good, not great in SOUND OF METAL with his costar Paul Raci putting in a far more interesting and effective performance.

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2020 3:07 PM

[quote] Francis Lee's AMMONITE is a bore and relies on people wanting to see Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan eat each other out.

It is in her contract that Kate Winslet ALWAYS gets eaten out. The number of times a Kate Winslet character has experienced epiphanies during cunnilingus (receiving) are to numerous to mention.

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]Riz Ahmed is good, not great in SOUND OF METAL with his costar Paul Raci putting in a far more interesting and effective performance.

Riz Ahmed is an excellent actor, he really gets into his characters, he always does massive research. He always goes beyond what's usually expected by the directors.

For SOM, while living in Brooklyn for a year, he learned to play drums (no, he's not a drummer, he took lessons), learned to sign and, once again, spoke in an American accent. He also hit the gym, he's usually very thin. If all that dedication and research was taken into consideration when voting on the nominees, the performers who go the extra mile would and should win Oscars. It's usually the same old established performers who seem to get nominated year after year.

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2020 4:21 AM

R85 I’ve heard of that actor. This is a small scale film. Is it tipped for all of these nods because of Parasite?!

by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2020 4:53 AM

Meryl must be starving for another 3 nomination, its be 3 years

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2020 5:21 PM

I think the Academy should dial back their plan to extend this year's qualifications to release through Feb 2021, especially considering that movie theaters are going to be closed for the next 6-8 months. It's going to throw everything off.

I watched The Father last week and it's the best performance I've ever seen Anthony Hopkins give. He should be winning his 2nd Oscar for it if there is any justice. I like Chadwick Boseman, but just because he died, it doesn't entitle him to an award.

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2020 5:30 PM

What about Viggo Mortensen?

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2020 10:37 PM

R91 I repeat: DELROY LINDO deserves Best Actor for D5B. I absolutely love Hopkins, but he doesn’t give a better performance than Lindo (no one this year does, quite frankly) and he already has an Oscar.

They need to award Boseman, if they must, in Supporting for D5B, though I’d love for Clarke Peters to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2020 10:47 PM

Ellen Burstyn is a solid actress with quite a good filmography to her credit. She was also snubbed for Requiem in favor of Julia Roberts adequate performance in Erin Brockovich. Ellen would be a good candidate to give a second one too, and if they're rewarding a legend this time around, the money is on her to be that one.

Would LOVE for Michelle Pfeiffer to get a nomination again. But the academy has always seemed to be very lukewarm on her, which is a shame. Criminally snubbed for White Oleander by the way.

Glenn's given much better performances. This role is just too gimmicky and awards bait-ish to be taken seriously. It looks like something out of a Tracey Ullman sketch to be honest.

It's nice that other female vets are getting a shine for a change instead of Streep being forced in people's faces every year. Maybe the love affair is waning finally.

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2020 11:03 PM

r33 No such rule exists and you know it. That comment doesn't even make sense. The new Academy rules require inclusion in either Production/Executive Level, Crew/Creative, OR Casting in order for award consideration. Thus, a film can have an all-white cast and still be nominated if there is diverse representation behind the camera or at the executive level. No one's forced into a nomination. Research.

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2020 11:30 PM

R95 The new rules are from this this year. I talked about unwritten rules, rules which exist but no one says them out loud

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2020 12:05 AM

I would like to see one year when 100% of the nominees are Black. You know, like the flipside of every ceremony before Hattie McDaniel won her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2020 12:07 AM

I would also love to see Michelle Pfeiffer finally win an Oscar but I agree the Oscars are lukewarm towards her and she's not a heavy campaigner and doesn't seem to court the attention.

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2020 1:25 AM

No one gives a fuck about Delroy Lindo, or about Spike Lee for that matter, who has two undeserved Oscars, so go knock on another door. We're not buying here.

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2020 2:17 AM

Michele Pfeiffer is a name I haven’t heard of in awhile, forget she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2020 2:19 AM

Michelle should have been nominated for Best Actress for her performance as Catwoman in "Batman Returns." She was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 101December 8, 2020 2:27 AM

She was nominated that year for another film r101 (Love Field)

I wouldn't say the Academy is lukewarm on her. White Oleander was the only time she was expected to get nominated and wasn't.

Every other time she got it. She just has bad taste in movies.

by Anonymousreply 102December 8, 2020 3:13 AM

R99 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2020 3:15 AM

Oh look- the Lange troll is also the Delroy Lindo troll. That tells you how much credence there is in the praise for his performance or his chances at Oscar recognition.

by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2020 3:26 AM

Who tf is delray Lindo ? Da 5 bloods has already been released and shown to Netflix? Well it has no damn buzz then. When did the Oscars become about nominating black people even if not wonderful performance? And Oscars also now are about nominating fucking TV movies. Emmys r for that. What’s the difference between a Netflix Emmy or Oscar movie? Nothing?? Showing for a week at a single Netflix owned theater in l.a.? That’s dirty, creepin up on the rules...

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2020 3:28 AM

Delroy Lindo is FINE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 106December 8, 2020 4:07 AM

Don’t provoke it; it’s fundamentally cracked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 8, 2020 4:23 AM

Lindo is a good actor but I haven't seen any buzz for his performance outside of DL.

But I suspect Boseman will be the one pushed at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 108December 8, 2020 4:29 AM

R108 He’s been praised and has buzz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 8, 2020 4:32 AM

[quote] Best Actor. Delroy Lindo finally runs with an unforgettable leading role (he has the most screen time, measured by @MatthewAStewart as 52.45 percent to Clarke Peters’ 44.20 percent) as he confronts the camera with tragic madness on a Marlon Brando scale. It’s just the sort of masterful, larger-than-life performance that actors love. - IndieWire

[quote] Lindo plays Paul, the most tragic figure of the bunch, a soldier haunted by PTSD. In Lindo's intense performance, “Da 5 Bloods” turns almost mythic in its deconstruction of African American history in U.S. combat and in war films. For the 67-year-old Lindo, it's a mountain-peak performance in a career, first established on the stage, that began with a trio of films with Lee (1992’s “Malcolm X,” 1994’s “Crooklyn” and 1995’s “Clockers”). -ABC News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2020 4:35 AM

[quote]Lindo in one of the best performances to come out of a Spike Lee joint. Lee travels to get to the heretofore underrepresented onscreen depiction of Black postwar trauma and its effects on friends and family alike. These effects are realized in a fantastic monologue delivered mostly in close-up by Lindo. Again, Lee takes a cue from “Treasure of the Sierra Madre,” but while Huston had Bogie wandering the mountains muttering to himself while in the thrall of paranoia driven by greed, Lee has Paul rant at the United States government while looking at the viewer. Lindo’s scene isn’t a descent into madness; it’s an ascent towards self-realization filtered through angry howls of defiance. This arc reaches its apex in a moment of cathartic exorcism that gives way to a moment of darkly comic punishment courtesy of a well-placed snare trap. “God, you a trickster!” yells Paul, evoking the fabled character of African myth. But this superb, haunting contraption belongs to Delroy Lindo, whose complicated work here almost rivals Denzel Washington’s turn in “Malcolm X.” Lee always knows how to play the actor’s size and toughness alongside, and against, his vulnerability, and Lindo has never been afraid to plumb the depths of raw, naked emotion that would terrify actors worried about what constitutes a manly image. -RogerEbert.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2020 4:40 AM

[quote] Spike Lee’s new joint is an anguished, funny, violent argument with and about American history, with an unforgettable performance from Delroy Lindo at its heart. To describe Paul (Lindo) as haunted would be less an understatement than a category mistake. He is a colossal, terrifying presence — an archetype in the mold of Natty Bumppo, Captain Ahab, Bigger Thomas and Rambo himself. Lindo’s performance, though, is achingly specific, rigorously human scaled. The storm of rage, guilt, resentment and self-pity that surges through Paul is traced to various sources, small tragedies that illuminate larger catastrophes. - New York Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2020 4:43 AM

[quote] However, it's Lindo who steals the show as Paul, delivering a truly captivating and heartbreaking turn that brilliantly portrays the pain the character is going through. It's awards-worthy work, responsible for many of Da 5 Bloods' most memorable and wrenching scenes. This isn't to discredit any of the other excellent performances, but Lindo is the one many viewers will remember long after the credits have rolled. Boseman also makes an impression in a limited role, showing why the surviving Bloods had a great deal of reverence for him as a leader. - Screen Rant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2020 4:47 AM

[quote]...played with electrifying volatility by Lindo, [...] who makes audacious choices in what might be a career-best performance. -The Hollywood Reporter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote][A] monumental performance. -The Wrap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2020 5:01 AM

Lindo without a doubt deserves a nod and, in my opinion, the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 116December 8, 2020 5:01 AM

Lindo won't be able to beat a dead guy. He'll get a nomination though.

Is his role big? I've heard people say he should move down to supporting. That category is pretty open. He'd probably win there.

(and you could possibly have 3 of the 4 acting Oscars go to black people and the director to an Asian woman.)

Only white women in contention for Supporting Actress.

by Anonymousreply 117December 8, 2020 5:10 AM

Lindo can have the nomination as long as that pissy little bitch Spike gets nothing. Chloe Zao is said to direct things very beautifully though I didn’t see The Rider (NSOFC best picture). Fuck yes give Oscar to Asian woman instead of B&W TV movie, Mank. Jesus Christ I’m not interested in that, I keep thinking there should be a serial killer in the story since it’s Fincher.

by Anonymousreply 118December 8, 2020 5:23 AM

Lindo himself or one of his young boyfriends is obviously posting here.

by Anonymousreply 119December 8, 2020 5:24 AM

[quote] (and you could possibly have 3 of the 4 acting Oscars go to black people and the director to an Asian woman.) Only white women in contention for Supporting Actress.

McDormand is going to clinch Actress. Oscars no longer care about spreading the wealth; people can have near back-to-back wins (see Ali and Waltz)

by Anonymousreply 120December 8, 2020 5:36 AM

R120 She’d be the third actress with 3 and only actress outside Hepburn with 3 lead.

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2020 5:51 AM

Better her than M.

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2020 5:55 AM

Crabby Frances isn't getting a third.

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2020 6:01 AM

I am really looking forward to Nomadland. The Rider was a huge surprise for me and I thought Zhao should have been nominated (and won) for Director that year. The only misstep in the film was the sister. I know she wasn't an actress and was disabled in real life, but her performance came off like a really bad actor doing a terrible job portraying a mentally handicapped person. Everytime she was onscreen she took me right out of the film. But Brady Jandreau was remarkable. The performance she got out of him was near miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2020 6:14 AM

I’d take:

Best Actor: Delroy Lindo

Best Actress: Viola Davis (or Franny McD)

Best Supporting Actor: Chadwick Boseman

Best Supporting Actress: Glenn Close (or Ellie “Tropic of Cancer” B)

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2020 6:16 AM

Sorry, Viola, but as you and others know, "Oscar Diversity" is pretty much mandatory from here on out. Am I right, Jada?

by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2020 7:46 AM

R126 I’m all the diversity they’ll need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2020 8:06 AM

I was expecting that ugly old Meemaw in Hillbilly to lift her leg at any moment and rip a huge fart. Glenn just wasn't committed enough.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2020 8:43 AM

Who is that nude bitch? Jesus it’s not safe around here.

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Fuck Glenn and Amy thirsty in that Hillbilly shit. What a complete minstrel show.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2020 8:59 AM

R94 what did you expect her to be nominated for? Her cameos in Mamma Mia 2 and Mary Poppins? Or playing granny in Little Women?

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Kate Mara will convince the Academy that The Teacher was really a full length movie chopped up into “bites” and that she is eligible for best actress and then will win.

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2020 2:00 PM

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 133December 8, 2020 2:35 PM

Has anyone seen the Billie Holiday movie? I adore Audra Day and I thought the film got pushed back-will it be out in time to be nominated?

by Anonymousreply 134December 8, 2020 2:35 PM

I believe Audra Day is the wild card this year because I don’t think anyone has actually yet seen the film? A lot of posters at GoldDerby have her at the top of their BA picks based on the fact that it is a music bio in which she is doing her own singing.

by Anonymousreply 135December 8, 2020 3:26 PM

R134 / r135 FYI - it’s ANDRA Day.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote]What about Viggo Mortensen?

"Falling" is Lance Henriksen's film. I don't think Viggo knew how to direct himself so he wrote it more of a showcase for the father role. Wish the script and direction was better because there's an interesting film there about children of a verbally and emotionally abusive father who now have to deal with him when he can no longer care for himself. Laura Linney plays Viggo's sister and she only has one scene but she was excellent. If she actually put herself out there I could see her getting a Supporting nomination in the critic circle awards, but not Oscars.

Besides, there can be only one Oscar bait film with a straight actor playing gay and dealing with a loved one with dementia and that's Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci's "Supernova".

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2020 3:37 PM

R136...UGH! I knew that. Coffee hadn't kicked in. I've seen her in concert twice and bought the t-shirt! She's incredible.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2020 4:05 PM

Audra Mcdonald would have done it better

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2020 4:26 PM

THR film critics discuss the great film performances of the year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2020 6:18 PM

R140 I see Lindo.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2020 6:20 PM

R138, I figured it was a typo or autocorrect. I am a big fan too - she is from my hometown.

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2020 6:25 PM

Steven Soderbergh, Stacey Sher and Jesse Collins to Produce 2021 Oscars Telecast:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2020 6:34 PM

Soderbergh being involved boosts M's chances

by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2020 6:37 PM

R144 I was just going to post that! And Bergen’s, too.

I think Bergen has a shot.

by Anonymousreply 145December 8, 2020 6:42 PM

[QUOTE] Only white women in contention for Supporting Actress.

That’s not true. Dominique Fishback (Judas and the Black Messiah) has been highlighted in several places. Also, Youn Yuh-jung from Minari.

by Anonymousreply 146December 8, 2020 7:53 PM

oh ok r146.

Never heard of those two sorry.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2020 2:22 AM

Mamie, can you pull up this Andrea Day on the YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2020 3:00 AM

Don't bother M. She's playing Billie Holliday. It's been done.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2020 3:15 AM

R144, Soderbergh producing the ceremony will have no effect on Meryl's chances for a nomination. That's more of an Academy board plus network decision that has nothing to do with how Oscar members vote, and I suspect the discussion to choose Soderbergh involved some executive saying "Who made Contagion? Get that guy!".

Just to show the disconnect between Oscar producers and Oscar voters: the Jennifers Aniston and Lopez seem like permanent fixtures as presenters, but neither can get a nomination even when every precursor lines up in their favor.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2020 3:31 AM

So will Soderbergh have his former muse Julia to present Best Picture?

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2020 4:33 AM

what happened to the days when they brought out Hollywood veterans for the big awards. Why not Marsha Hunt? Or are they afraid she will drop dead during the ceremony, being 103?

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2020 4:38 AM

They had Jane Fonda present Best Picture last year. She's 82.

Who else in their 80s and 90s is still able to appear on stage?

(and this year is out as you say. There was already talk of how elder possible nominees will likely not be able to attend. And in a nod to DL they listed Meryl and the elderly group but not Glenn.)

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2020 5:14 AM

R153 Dame Angela Lansbury of course. If she can sit in a parking lot eating seafood she can certainly present an award.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2020 7:03 AM

Barbra is almost 80, perhaps she'll present.

by Anonymousreply 155December 9, 2020 7:40 AM

What a lacklustre line-up of films. Aside from The Father they are a bunch of unappealing bunch of films.

They really should skip this year and next too.

by Anonymousreply 156December 9, 2020 7:47 AM

I thought Amanda Seyfried was fantastic in Mank. The movie itself doesn’t really do everything I think it wants to, but she impressed me.

Ben Kingsley’s son, who plays Irving Thalberg, was also great.

by Anonymousreply 157December 9, 2020 1:41 PM

That's SIR Ben Kingsley, R157, you trollop!

by Anonymousreply 158December 9, 2020 3:17 PM

Isn't Ben Kingsley meant to be a douche?

by Anonymousreply 159December 9, 2020 4:33 PM

Trailer for The Father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 9, 2020 5:03 PM

Trailer for Mank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 9, 2020 5:07 PM

I just watched You Should Have Left. I refuse to believe Amanda Seyfried could give anywhere near a compelling performance. This is another case of the Academy falling for some bint and giving her a Supporting Award.

by Anonymousreply 162December 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Seyfried is good in Mank but to me it's not a performance I would vote to give an Oscar to.

by Anonymousreply 163December 9, 2020 5:29 PM

Give it to Close or Burstyn.

by Anonymousreply 164December 9, 2020 5:35 PM

R164 Burstyn already has one and Glenn worked her wrinkles off doing a baity piece to get her award. We don't need her to go even wilder in desperation.

by Anonymousreply 165December 9, 2020 5:48 PM

R165 But let’s give it to Amber or whatever her name is for “Wank”?

No. I says give it to Close or Burstyn.

by Anonymousreply 166December 9, 2020 5:50 PM

R166 I mean Glenn should get it as she has none. Ellen has one so it wouldn't make a big difference to her now.

by Anonymousreply 167December 9, 2020 6:42 PM

“Let Them All Talk” deserves nods.

Though it may strike some as claustrophobic and compartmentalized, “Let Them All Talk” speaks to and is somewhat representative of the current era we are living in, which finds us sandwiched between a global pandemic and political mayhem, and has left most of us feeling suffocated and closed off from the world, each other, and even ourselves. Along with Spike Lee’s severely underrated “Da 5 Bloods,” this is one of the best films of the year, and one of the best films Meryl Streep has been a part of in over a decade, maybe more.

Streep’s performance as Alice Hughes, an affected and effected celebrated author at the cusp of true physical and metaphysical transcendence, is sublimely subtle, reflective, and moving, though never pandering, Alice is the kind of woman who would, as she herself admits to her nephew toward the end of the film, spend her time “polishing the vase when the house is falling down.” This is a quietly heartbreaking turn by Streep and already ranks as a favorite of mine.

Dianne Wiest and Candace Bergen are equally brilliant as her estranged friends, the former comforting and contemplative, the latter spiteful and vengeful. Bergen illuminates the pain, regret, and flaws of her character, Roberta, with dark wit and sensitivity, reminding us, especially during a scene in which her character desperately attempts to capitalize on a stolen journal, of the fine line between victim and assailant; humanist and capitalist. She is superb.

Wiest’s Susan is an empathic and generous friend with a withheld truth and opinion of her own, and the actress conveys acres of wisdom with just a glance. During a pivotal moment in the film, she stops the increasingly tense dinner proceedings to point out how far removed and detached from reality we have become: “Do you even know what happened yesterday, when we were out of communication with the world?” she asks. “Elon Musk sent many, many telecom satellites into the sky that look exactly like stars… So now, when humans gaze at the sky, they won’t know if they’re gazing at a star or at a machine, and we, at this table - at this very little table - we are among the last, the very last ever to have seen the actual real, the honest, truthful night sky from the ocean. We saw stars; just stars.” It is a moment that thrusts you into a contemplative state that lingers.

The rest of the cast is excellent, too, as are the production values, and Steven Soderbergh directs this with confidence, subtlety, and grace.

In the end, “Let Them All Talk” is really a sensitive rumination on emergence: the emergence of truth, of the spite and vengeance, of the humanist and capitalist, of the pain and regret, and ultimately, of the life and love in us all.

“It’s impossible for me not to think, ‘What a miracle it is that this universe emerged. What a miracle it is that consciousness emerged,’” declares Streep’s Alice halfway through, and in a perfectly placed flashback, at the end of the film. To paraphrase her character, what a miracle it is that this film, with its totally improvised dialogue and cast of brilliantly sensitive actors baring the truths and experiences of their characters so purely, could reach across time and space and my television screen, and reach into my heart and consciousness. That is a miracle; one that I blissfully welcome during these oppressive and unpredictable times.

by Anonymousreply 168December 10, 2020 10:38 PM

Candace is the perfect “legacy” nod this year for Best Supporting Actress.

Also, she’s been nominated in the category before in 1979 (and lost to Meryl).

by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2020 11:19 PM

R169 Meryl, Bergen, and even Wiest, all deserve nods. I can’t get this film out of my head.

I’m so rewatching it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 170December 10, 2020 11:27 PM

Where can I find Meryl's latest clicking? Is it on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 171December 10, 2020 11:36 PM

R170, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 172December 10, 2020 11:39 PM

R170 what did you love about it?

by Anonymousreply 173December 10, 2020 11:41 PM

Nomadland is an art film. It won’t be winning the Oscar for Best Picture. It does, however, have a lock on the Spirit Award.

None of you are paying attention. The Trial of the Chicago 7 or One Night in Miami will win Best Picture. Both are the kind of politically charged crowd pleasers that will almost certainly end up victorious.

by Anonymousreply 174December 10, 2020 11:45 PM

Nomadland is an art film. It won’t be winning the Oscar for Best Picture. It does, however, have a lock on the Spirit Award.

None of you are paying attention. The Trial of the Chicago 7 or One Night in Miami will win Best Picture. Both are the kind of politically charged crowd pleasers that will almost certainly end up victorious.

by Anonymousreply 175December 10, 2020 11:45 PM

R173 See R168.

Additionally, it’s just a perfect film, IMO. And perfect for these times. It’s so soothing, contemplative, and reflective. Also, Streep is the best she’s been in over a decade.

One of my favorite (improvised) lines by Streep:

Alice:

[quote]I think attraction is the animating force of the universe...like gravity or the pull of the poles or what pulls the monarch butterfly to fly across the world... If you feel attracted to someone from your heart, and you look at them and you feel you can see their soul, that’s... There is no bad version of that. To be a part of that, we should...oh God, we should treasure it. We’re lucky to have that feeling. It’s the greatest - it’s the *fullest* expression of what it is to be alive.

Fuck. I can’t believe this movie was entirely improvised.

by Anonymousreply 176December 10, 2020 11:47 PM

^ Ugh. Call Deborah Eisenberg, stat!

by Anonymousreply 177December 10, 2020 11:52 PM

R177 Meryl improvised it, though.

by Anonymousreply 178December 10, 2020 11:55 PM

Amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2020 1:26 AM

Meryl will definitely lead the pack for Best Actress. Greatest acting I've seen in years

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2020 1:32 AM

R180 She better fucking get nominated.

by Anonymousreply 181December 11, 2020 1:37 AM

I bet COVID leads to a spike in viewers as no one has anything else to do.

Also all the winners will be black.

by Anonymousreply 182December 11, 2020 1:42 AM

R181 how do you rate Streep in Let The All Talk?

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2020 1:49 AM

R183 It’s my favorite performance of hers since her insanely underrated work in both “The Manchurian Candidate” and in, of course, her much lauded turn in “The Devil Wears Prada.” I also really loved her in “Florence Foster Jenkins,” but the film itself, unlike the aforementioned works, left me wanting.)

“Let Them All Talk” is a better film than all of the above, which certainly enhances my love for her performance. She’s so subtly touching and astute in her characterization of this affected and somewhat imploded character. Some may find her too subtle here, but it was, for me, a refreshing and welcomed return to form.

Her improvised dialogue is BRILLIANT, especially her mini-monologues about “emergence” and about “attraction.” She should get nominated and maybe even win just for those bits.

As of now, I would probably rank it in the top 15-20 of her performances... maybe even higher.

I love her and the film to bits!

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2020 2:07 AM

Thanks R184

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2020 2:10 AM

I meant to write “It’s my favorite performance of hers since her insanely underrated work in both “The Manchurian Candidate” and “Prime,” and in, of course, her much lauded turn in “The Devil Wears Prada.””

R185 Sure.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2020 2:12 AM

R186 I love you!

by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2020 2:22 AM

R187 😘 I’ve watched a second time and teared up.

I plan on getting some work done and watching it a third time in the wee hours.

I haven’t felt like this since “Feud”!

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2020 2:39 AM

Oh man... I smell.... THE STREEP LOON.

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Nomadland looks incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2020 2:45 AM

R189 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 11, 2020 2:47 AM

This asshole Streep/Lange/Janet loon is ruining DL

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2020 4:38 AM

Borat’s daughter deserves the Oscar. I would love seeing her nominated and why not just give it to her. If Amanda seyfried they should show her cock sucking pic at the ceremony. She’s fine, a cute actress at times but I doubt she’s doing enough in that boring ass looking movie.

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2020 4:45 AM

Best Orignal Song Variety predictions: THE PREDICTED NOMINEES ARE: "Speak Now" from “One Night in Miami” (Amazon Studios) Written by Leslie Odom, Jr. and Sam Ashworth "lo Si (Seen)" from “The Life Ahead” (Netflix) Written by Diane Warren "Wear Your Crown" from “The Prom” (Netflix) Written by Adam Anders, Peer Astrom, Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin "Rocket to the Moon" from “Over the Moon” (Netflix) Written by Christopher Curtis, Marjorie Duffield & Helen Park "Just Sing" from “Trolls: World Tour” (DreamWorks Animation) Written by Justin Timberlake, Ludwig Göransson, Max Martin and Sarah Aarons

by Anonymousreply 194December 11, 2020 4:50 AM

R192 Matt, don’t wake up my ugly. For your sake, just don’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 11, 2020 6:12 AM

Honestly don’t know how anyone gives a crap about these paid for awards anymore, but I’ll guess the winners are 75% minority and Elliot Page presents their hole in the final award.

by Anonymousreply 196December 11, 2020 9:31 AM

R196 front hole or back pussy?

by Anonymousreply 197December 11, 2020 9:45 AM

R197 omfg, 😂!

by Anonymousreply 198December 11, 2020 9:56 AM

R196 , THEY will present the wrong hole then be asked back next year to correct the faux paus.

by Anonymousreply 199December 11, 2020 10:06 AM

it's so much nicer after blocking Jabba/Lange loon.

by Anonymousreply 200December 11, 2020 8:16 PM

Rolling Stone selects its 20 best films of 2020:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2020 2:27 AM

are they still doing that this year

by Anonymousreply 202December 12, 2020 2:33 AM

That top 20 looks like shit. Like straight to video shit.

by Anonymousreply 203December 12, 2020 6:20 AM

R203 I read it through it and thought, “I. Do. Not. Compute.”

It makes it worse that they found a way to sneak “Wank” in their when there were so many more deserving films. “Da 5 Bloods” and “Le Them All Talk” come to mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 12, 2020 6:29 AM

That Rolling Stone list must have been compiled before 'Let Them All Talk" came out.

by Anonymousreply 205December 12, 2020 8:13 AM

And before that Regina King movie, One Night in Miami. Any word on it?

by Anonymousreply 206December 12, 2020 12:04 PM

Variety liked it.

by Anonymousreply 207December 12, 2020 12:39 PM

I'm going to watch One Night in Miami on the AMPAS app tonight. I'm sure I'll be thoroughly underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 208December 12, 2020 5:45 PM

R208, with that kind of attitude of course you will be.

by Anonymousreply 209December 12, 2020 5:49 PM

Not really. I've been pleasantly surprised or thoroughly disappointed many times. I just know overhype when I hear it, so it's likely this film will be a bore.

by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Rolling Stone selects its 20 best films of 2020:

The list is heavy on indie and international films. Surprised by the omission of Thomas Vinterberg's DRUK (Another Round) starring Mads Mikkelsen. It's been getting a lot of praise. It won Best Film at the London Film Festival, Best Actor at San Sebastian and won Best Film, Best Screenwriter, Best Director and Best Actor at the European Film Awards.

by Anonymousreply 211December 12, 2020 10:38 PM

The critics awards have begun. The Boston Film Critics held theirs today.

Best Picture: “Nomadland” Runner up: “First Cow”

Best Director: Chloé Zhao, “Nomadland” Runner up: Kelly Reichardt, “First Cow”

Best Ensemble Cast: “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” Runner up: “Minari”

Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins, “The Father” Runner up: Riz Ahmed, “Sound of Metal”

Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan, “Never Rarely Sometimes Always” Runner up: Julia Garner, “The Assistant”

Best Supporting Actor: Paul Raci, “Sound of Metal” Runner up: Brian Dennehy, “Driveways”

Best Supporting Actress: Yuh-jung Youn, “Minari” Runner up: Amanda Seyfried, “Mank”

Best Screenplay: “I’m Thinking of Ending Things” – Charlie Kaufman Runner up: “First Cow” – Kelly Reichardt and Jonathan Raymond

Best Non-English Language Film (awarded in memory of Jay Carr): “La llorona” – Jayro Bustamante Runner up: “The Painted Bird” – Václav Marhoul

Best New Filmmaker (awarded in memory of David Brudnoy): “The Father” – Florian Zeller Runner up: Autumn de Wilde, “Emma”

Best Original Score: Emile Mosseri, “Minari” Runner up: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, “Mank”

by Anonymousreply 212December 14, 2020 12:16 AM

Flanagan as Best Actress is a surprise. In their Oscar predictions Variety listed her as number 23 in contention, after Julia Garner as 18.

by Anonymousreply 213December 14, 2020 12:26 AM

Wow, those are some anemic fucking picks.

by Anonymousreply 214December 14, 2020 12:52 AM

The Oscars mean nothing now that they will only be given out for strict SJW reasons to solve all of society's ills. This will continue to scare away viewers and destroy their 90+ year-old brand.

It is as predictable as the dawn that ONLY Chadwick Boseman and Viola Davis are permitted to win this year. Mark it!

by Anonymousreply 215December 14, 2020 6:37 AM

Viola is not winning this year.

by Anonymousreply 216December 14, 2020 7:56 AM

My wins:

[bold]Best Actor[/bold]: Delroy Lindo, [italic]Da 5 Bloods[/italic]

[bold]Best Actress[/bold]: Meryl Streep, [italic]Let Them All Talk[/italic]

[bold]Best Supporting Actress[/bold]: Glenn Close, [italic]Hillbilly Elegy[/italic] (come on, bitches; it’s gotten cruel at this point)

[bold]Best Supporting Actor[/bold]: Chadwick Boseman, [italic]Da 5 Bloods[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 217December 14, 2020 8:04 AM

Lots of 'blocking' here at DL these days. Why not simply bypass certain posts. Why keep announcing that you are blocking certain posters? As if anonymous people blocking others would somehow make the blocked poster feel bad or something. It's downright laughable.

The passive-aggressive loons here at DL are so damn tedious. They are basically trolls.

by Anonymousreply 218December 14, 2020 9:34 AM

[quote]The Oscars mean nothing now that they will only be given out for strict SJW reasons to solve all of society's ills.

Yes, R215, they were only meaningful for the first 75 years when mostly white people won them for subpar performances. Oh, the good old days!

by Anonymousreply 219December 15, 2020 2:44 AM

THR critics pick the best films of 2020:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 15, 2020 4:41 PM

lined to the above article and in case you missed it: Critics' Conversation: The Great Film Performances of 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 15, 2020 5:01 PM

R219 name every performance black should have gotten since 30s

by Anonymousreply 222December 15, 2020 5:52 PM

The new trailer for Nomadland is really elegiac. Looks like the perfect movie for this moment in history.

I would put Frances McDormand at the top of a list of Best Actress contenders.

by Anonymousreply 223December 16, 2020 7:18 PM

She is at the top, R223.

by Anonymousreply 224December 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Variety predicted McDormand as no. 2 with Vanessa Kirby as no. 1.

by Anonymousreply 225December 16, 2020 8:19 PM

God, I fucking love McDormand. I might actually start rooting for her for a third.

by Anonymousreply 226December 16, 2020 8:23 PM

R226 why not Meryl for her fourth?

by Anonymousreply 227December 16, 2020 9:27 PM

R227 I’m vacillating between the two now.

by Anonymousreply 228December 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Are Sophia Loren or Candace Bergen getting nominated?

by Anonymousreply 229December 16, 2020 9:41 PM

Candice I mean.

by Anonymousreply 230December 16, 2020 9:42 PM

I think Candice Bergen has a great chance of getting a nod. That category seems quite thin and malleable at this point.

by Anonymousreply 231December 16, 2020 9:43 PM

Carey Mulligan will use the Shia LeBeouf abuse of FKA Twigs news to drop demure little hints about what a personal project her female revenge film right into another undeserved nomination.

by Anonymousreply 232December 16, 2020 9:44 PM

People are so harsh on Meryl but she gave the best performance of the year in Sophie's Choice, Silkwood, Kramer vs Kramer, A Cry In The Dark, The Bridges Of Madison County and Adaptation and only won for 2 of these.

by Anonymousreply 233December 16, 2020 9:59 PM

Carey Mulligan is like the sleeping pill version of Sandy Dennis. Let's see her give the same performance she was giving 11 years ago. But you have to admit, she did it best in An Education.

by Anonymousreply 234December 16, 2020 10:32 PM

Carey Mulligan looks like she’s doing something completely different in this movie though. The trailer is very intriguing.

I didn’t really care for her in An Education. I think her best performance was in Never Let Me Go.

by Anonymousreply 235December 16, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote] Sophie's Choice, Silkwood, Kramer vs Kramer, A Cry In The Dark, The Bridges Of Madison County and Adaptation

No, No, Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

by Anonymousreply 236December 16, 2020 11:54 PM

Mama Lange deserved it for [italic]Tootsie[/italic] and [italic]Frances[/italic], though I would’ve been quite pleased with a tie because I love those bitches too much. Plus, I love that Lange won for her amazing work in [italic]Blue Sky[/italic], which is my favorite of her performances. Sexy, gritty, subtle, unhinged, and stamped with [bold]STAR POWAH[/bold].

Mama also deserved Oscars for [italic]Sweet Dreams[/italic], [italic]Music Box[/italic], [italic]Cape Fear[/italic], and [italic]Titus[/italic], along with nominations for [italic]Crimes of the Heart[/italic], [italic]Everybody’s All-American[/italic], [italic]Men Don’t Leave[/italic], [italic]Rob Roy[/italic], [italic]Losing Isaiah[/italic], [italic]A Thousand Acres[/italic], [italic]Prozac Nation[/italic], [italic]Big Fish[/italic], [italic]Don’t Come Knocking[/italic], [italic]The Gambler[/italic], and [italic]Wild Oats[/italic].

Auntie M deserved Oscars for [italic]Kramer vs Kramer[/italic], [italic]Sophie’s Choice[/italic] (tied, though), [italic]Silkwood[/italic], [italic]A Cry in the Dark[/italic], [italic]The Bridges of Madison County[/italic] (my favorite performance of hers), [italic]Adaptation[/italic], [italic]The Manchurian Candidate[/italic], and [italic]The Devil Wears Prada[/italic].

#SorryNotSorryBoutIt

by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2020 12:15 AM

Lange hated Everybody's All American. I doubt she'd have even attended the ceremony if she was nominated.

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2020 4:47 AM

Why does Frances McDormand look so pissed in most of her films?

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2020 6:51 AM

Feinberg Forecast: The Oscars Landscape Heading Into the Holidays:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2020 7:18 PM

R238 True. She can be such a cold, stand-offish, and obstinate bitch sometimes. She hates [italic]Losing Isaiah[/italic] too, which makes me think she’s slightly retarded. The director’s shitty attitude (he has a reputation which was being talked about on Twitter not too long ago) and Berry’s nouvelle diva antics and tantrums had a lot to do with her distaste for the film, so I can’t really blame her.

She has spoken about how she had some disagreements with Paul Brickman over character interpretation in [italic]Men Don’t Leave[/italic] but that after seeing the film, she realized he was right and she was wrong. The film ended up being one of her personal favorites, too.

by Anonymousreply 241December 17, 2020 9:17 PM

R240 Ah! My two favorite performances (so far) of the year - Lindo in [italic]Da 5 Bloods[/italic] and Streep in [/italic]Let Them All Talk[/italic] - are high up on the list, along with my favorite film of the year [italic]Da 5 Bloods[/italic], which is a front-runner for Best Picture!

Lindo, who is deservedly categorized as a front-runner, deserves it, and I wish Streep in [/italic]Let Them All Talk[/italic] would swap places with Streep in [italic]The Prom[/italic]. I loved most of her performance in the latter - she seems uncomfortable for the first third of the film, though - but the film itself is garbage, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 242December 17, 2020 9:24 PM

I have the Lange/Lindo/Streep loon on ignore, but is there any way to stop the notifications that he's posted? Every time I look at this thread it says there are posts when there aren't any (that I can see). I mean, I'm grateful I don't have to read his bullshit, but I also don't need to know it's there.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2020 9:29 PM

Da 5 bloods , the prom and Let them all talk are all garbage..

by Anonymousreply 244December 17, 2020 9:33 PM

R243 You try too hard, dear. And I just know you can’t keep yourself from reading this... Please take your pills and remember to attend your virtual therapy sessions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 17, 2020 9:33 PM

Okay, I love Lange.

But... an Oscar for Cape Fear? Really?

by Anonymousreply 246December 17, 2020 9:35 PM

R248 In Supporting? Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 247December 17, 2020 9:38 PM

Obviously for R246.

Douglas, Lewis, and Lange were all excellent, though. Lange gets the win for her final plea to Cady after he asks them to take off their clothes and get down on their knees.

by Anonymousreply 248December 17, 2020 9:41 PM

Lange was asked about Streep a couple of years back, and basically brushed the question off before gushing over Kim Stanley.

It doesn't appear that the love is mutual.

by Anonymousreply 249December 17, 2020 9:42 PM

Speaking of Delroy Lindo he should have been nominated and won over Michael Caine in The Cider House Rules.

by Anonymousreply 250December 17, 2020 9:45 PM

R249 Yes, as I noted above, she can be a cold, aloof bitch, but I think she was just avoiding comparisons and perhaps didn’t respond out of insecurity. I don’t think she even knows or realizes how much Streep admires her.

Streep got over this faux pas and isn’t holding any grudges: A week or so ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 17, 2020 9:48 PM

Also, at least Lange has never gone where Sarandon has.

[quote] 'Everything goes to Meryl first. It`s the law,' says Sarandon in the March issue of Fame magazine. 'I am one of those who think Meryl is a great actress. I don`t elevate her to the goddess level, but she does get first crack at all the women`s roles. If other women had the same shots she`s had, they could equal her.' But it appears the rivalry between the two women also exists on a more personal level. 'If her household runs as perfectly as her press would have us believe, I`ll slash my throat,' Sarandon says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 17, 2020 9:50 PM

No, Tom Cruise should have won over Michael Caine. Caine gave one of the worst performances of his career, and that includes The Swarm and Jaws The Revenge. His accent alone was Razzie worthy.

I don't even remember Delroy Lindo in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 253December 17, 2020 9:50 PM

Why is Jessica Lange on here? She done 2 interesting films tops in the last 20 years. Put her on the Emmys thread.

by Anonymousreply 254December 17, 2020 10:17 PM

She's here because of the Lange loon.

by Anonymousreply 255December 18, 2020 4:32 AM

If we’re going to discuss a two-time Oscar winner who completely disappeared from the Academy’s radar after 1995, it shouldn’t be Lange. It should be Jodie Foster, since she keeps turning up on prediction lists for The Mauritanian.

by Anonymousreply 256December 18, 2020 4:50 AM

And yet, ya’ll are still bringing her up hours after my last post regarding her. Some of you are so pressed about Lange 😂

That’s okay, Meryl and I won’t mention her again in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 18, 2020 7:31 AM

Lindo wins NYFCC Best Actor.

You were saying, bitches?

Now, I hope they give it to Streep for [italic]Let Them All Talk[/italic]. Or Frannie McD, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 18, 2020 2:49 PM

This is good for Delroy Lindo's chances for an Oscar nomination. He's the winner of the New York Film Critics Circle prize for Best Actor.

It doesn't assure him a nomination, though. Ethan Hawke (First Reformed), Michael Keaton (Spotlight), Timothy Spall (Mr. Turner) and Robert Redford (All is Lost) all won the same award in the past decade, and none of them were nominated.

The other awards should be coming soon.

by Anonymousreply 259December 18, 2020 2:49 PM

Lindo is going to sweep and win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 18, 2020 2:53 PM

Anthony Hopkins should have won. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 261December 18, 2020 3:07 PM

R261 No.

Now, Best Actress for Maria Bakalova – Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 262December 18, 2020 3:08 PM

R262 Because you say so? Best actor for Lindo is disgusting too

by Anonymousreply 263December 18, 2020 3:29 PM

Sometimes I think that awards groups don't take Best Actress awards as seriously as they do their Best Actor awards. It's not like their choices have to rubber-stamp the eventual Oscar winner every year, but NYFCC never decides to make cutesy, outrageous choices like Cameron Diaz or Regina Hall for Support the Girls when they're deciding the Actor prize. Even when they pick someone who's a longshot, it's someone like Timothy Spall in a Mike Leigh movie.

They're never going to waste a Best Actor award by giving it to Andy Samberg in Palm Springs to be contrarian. That's just for the girls.

by Anonymousreply 264December 18, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] Because you say so? Best actor for Lindo is disgusting too

It’s actually quite beautiful and more than deserved.

by Anonymousreply 265December 18, 2020 3:31 PM

Bakalova won Best Supporting Actress.

by Anonymousreply 266December 18, 2020 3:32 PM

R263 No it is not. It is stupid like ramis malek's, and he got the oscar too, not viggo . Pathetic.... Why black have to act shit and it is enough to get an oscar because they are black...

by Anonymousreply 267December 18, 2020 3:34 PM

R267 You’re a racist piece of shit. Lindo’s performance TOWERS over the rest.

by Anonymousreply 268December 18, 2020 3:37 PM

R268 Of course, i am racist, dick head. You always play racist card when you have no arguments. How even can you get an oscar for a role in such SHIT? That movie was tragic.

by Anonymousreply 269December 18, 2020 3:40 PM

R269 You brought up his race you bastard!

His performance is titanic despite whatever you may think about the fucking film, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 270December 18, 2020 3:43 PM

What about Sir Anthony?

by Anonymousreply 271December 18, 2020 3:44 PM

R271 I love Hopkins but we’ve seen this performance before from both him (Titus) and others.

Lindo’s performance was fresh, riveting, and heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 272December 18, 2020 3:46 PM

What happened to Lindo's character?

by Anonymousreply 273December 18, 2020 3:47 PM

Lindo's award means nothing. NYFCC has been increasingly out of touch as the years go on and no one pays attention to them anymore. They basically lost all credibility when they gave Cameron Diaz an award and have blown it time and time again. (Tiffany Haddish, anyone?)

by Anonymousreply 274December 18, 2020 3:49 PM

R269 = Non-native English speaker

by Anonymousreply 275December 18, 2020 3:51 PM

Pressed bitches wanting to give awards to actors for the subtly of twitching an eye instead of to someone who poured his heart and would into his work, delivering the best performance of the year.

Lindo is winning and you’re just going to have to stay fucking pressed, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 276December 18, 2020 3:53 PM

*heart and soul

by Anonymousreply 277December 18, 2020 3:54 PM

R276 The same talking I heard when rami was supposed to win , same bots, same craziness. People who are satisfied that his favoirite win(not fairy) and abuse others

by Anonymousreply 278December 18, 2020 4:00 PM

It's Jabba. It uses the same catch phrases that lunatic uses.

by Anonymousreply 279December 18, 2020 4:03 PM

Chadwick Boseman wins Supporting Actor at NYFCC.

It’s turning out as I expected: Lindo will win Lead and Boseman Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 280December 18, 2020 5:05 PM

Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan

by Anonymousreply 281December 18, 2020 7:23 PM

Best Film: First Cow

by Anonymousreply 282December 18, 2020 7:29 PM

Great choices!!

by Anonymousreply 283December 18, 2020 7:44 PM

No love for Gary Oldman in these critics circles, I see.

I also don't understand how Small Axe can win in Cinematography for all of its film in the anthology. Either award it to Small Axe: Mangrove or Small Axe: Lover's Rock but awarding it as a grouping is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 284December 18, 2020 7:58 PM

I think Gary Oldman is tracking #6 or #7 at the moment, R284.

by Anonymousreply 285December 18, 2020 8:02 PM

These awards should tell you how rotten this year is. Kelly Reichardt has never made a watchable film. She's one step above Miranda July.

by Anonymousreply 286December 18, 2020 8:06 PM

Kelly Reinhardt is a poet. A top class director. I like when women win directing awards because they’re muscular and their films are good as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 287December 18, 2020 8:25 PM

Not for ANY other reason.

by Anonymousreply 288December 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Yeah, she's so good, R287, you don't even know her name.

by Anonymousreply 289December 19, 2020 2:08 AM

Can someone please post the NYFC winners on one post and not make us have to put a puzzle together? Thanks for THR breakdown. What's up with Burstyn and Foster? Are they real contenders?

by Anonymousreply 290December 19, 2020 3:01 AM

Burstyn definitely is, because Pieces of a Woman seems like an assured nomination for Vanessa Kirby, and that makes it easier for Burstyn to get a coattail nod. I wouldn’t call her anywhere close to a lock, but she has a very good shot.

I think Foster’s buzz came out of the release of the trailer, and that’s notoriously unreliable. If it comes from people seeing The Mauritanian, that’s a very different story.

by Anonymousreply 291December 19, 2020 3:49 AM

I though Ellen has passed years ago.

by Anonymousreply 292December 19, 2020 8:43 AM

[QUOTE] I though Ellen has passed years ago. —M.

Ellen has a better shot at a nomination than you do this year, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 293December 19, 2020 3:03 PM

Can there be two nominees for the best actor/actress from the same movie? Or two for best supporting role?

by Anonymousreply 294December 19, 2020 3:15 PM

Is Kelly Reichardt gay?

by Anonymousreply 295December 19, 2020 3:20 PM

[QUOTE] Can there be two nominees for the best actor/actress from the same movie? Or two for best supporting role?

I wasn’t aware that there were people this dumb posting here still.

by Anonymousreply 296December 19, 2020 3:47 PM

R296 Thanks for nothing

by Anonymousreply 297December 19, 2020 3:57 PM

NYFC Awards: 2020 Awards Best Picture First Cow Best Director Chloe ZhaoNOMADLAND Best Screenplay Eliza HittmanNEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS Best Actress Sidney FlaniganNEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS Best Actor Delroy LindoDA 5 BLOODS Best Supporting Actress Maria BakalovaBORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM Best Supporting Actor Chadwick BosemanDA 5 BLOODS Best Cinematographer Shabier KirchnerSMALL AXE Best Animated Film Wolfwalkers Best Non-Fiction Film (Documentary) Time Best Foreign Language Film Bacurau Best First Film Radha BlankTHE 40-YEAR-OLD VERSION Special Award Kino LorberKINO MARQUEE VIRTUAL CINEMA Special Award

by Anonymousreply 298December 19, 2020 4:21 PM

That was unkind of me, R294. I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 299December 19, 2020 7:45 PM

R297 Yes, babe, there can be. Also, try not to give it over at R296 any attention; it hasn’t been fed properly.

by Anonymousreply 300December 19, 2020 7:53 PM

R294 - there is no rule against having to same sex actors nominated as leads for the same film, but de facto, after Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis were both nominated in the best actress category 29 years ago, it is an unwritten rule - if there are two same sex leading performances in one film' one will be declared supporting, based on irrelevant factors such as age, "seniority", or the nature of the role (Dicaprio playing a star is a lead. Pitt playing his assistant is support, Washington playing a veteran cup in lead, Hawke, playing the protagonist and having much more screen time, is relegated to support for playing his junior, and, famously, Ledger is a lead, playing the top, Gyllenhaal supporting for playing the bottom).

by Anonymousreply 301December 19, 2020 8:29 PM

R301, I was surprised that the Ford v. Ferrari campaign actually defied that trend and promoted both Matt Damon and Christian Bale in lead, instead of arbitrarily deciding one of them was supporting. Even though neither actor earned a nomination, Bale had to have been pretty close, given his SAG and Golden Globe nominations.

by Anonymousreply 302December 19, 2020 8:45 PM

Boston ONLINE Film Critics Association Awards

BEST PICTURE NOMADLAND

BEST DIRECTOR Chloé Zhao, NOMADLAND

BEST ACTOR Delroy Lindo, DA 5 BLOODS

BEST ACTRESS Frances McDormand, NOMADLAND

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Paul Raci, SOUND OF METAL

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Maria Bakalova, BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM

BEST SCREENPLAY Charlie Kaufman, I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS

BEST ENSEMBLE MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM

BEST SCORE Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, SOUL

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY Joshua James Richards, NOMADLAND

BEST EDITING Chloé Zhao, NOMADLAND

BEST DOCUMENTARY THE PAINTER AND THE THIEF

BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM BACURAU

BEST ANIMATED FILM WOLFWALKERS

by Anonymousreply 303December 19, 2020 9:23 PM

Delroy again!

by Anonymousreply 304December 19, 2020 9:25 PM

So NYFCC had an agenda this year and that was female filmmakers. Eliza Hittman is a terrible filmmaker. Beach Rats was nearly unwatchable. I do like Chloe Zhao a lot but I just finished Nomadland and I wasn't sold, unfortunately. I don't think it's bad, but I think she started out saying one thing and didn't follow through with it and the film really meandered and ultimately was not successful. I do think she works wonders getting performances out of people, though. She uses a lot of non-professionals and knows how to get them to deliver.

by Anonymousreply 305December 19, 2020 11:32 PM

It's the new improved 'woke' New York Film Critics.

First Cow though was a great choice. Ditto Borat's daughter. As for everything else pass me a sick bucket.

by Anonymousreply 306December 20, 2020 3:08 AM

But I put on a fat suit and I'm the black Meryl Streep!!! This is clearly racism. I should always win!!!

by Anonymousreply 307December 20, 2020 3:11 AM

R305 Where did you watch [italic]Nomadland[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 308December 20, 2020 3:25 AM

(R305) Female directors generally suck but get unduly praised. Case in point: Greta Gerwig.

by Anonymousreply 309December 20, 2020 3:26 AM

I watched Beach Rats so it wasn't unwatchable to me.

by Anonymousreply 310December 20, 2020 3:32 AM

I loved Harris Dickinson and his dong.

by Anonymousreply 311December 20, 2020 3:33 AM

R309 - I've liked many of Nicole Holofcener's films.

by Anonymousreply 312December 20, 2020 3:34 AM

R309 You’re just an asshole. Little Women was beautifully directed.

by Anonymousreply 313December 20, 2020 5:07 AM

Oscars give you covid.

by Anonymousreply 314December 20, 2020 5:10 AM

Little Women was a POS. Greta Gerwig is a shit director. And I agree that the majority of female directors are not very good. And I think that margin is only going to get worse now that all films have to be PC to a fault.

I thought Zhao did a decent job directing Nomadland, but it was not standout work at all. She really let herself down in the storytelling department, and with the pace of the film, if the story lags at all, everything crashes. However, if she wins this year, I won't complain. I would have given her the Oscar for The Rider.

by Anonymousreply 315December 20, 2020 5:28 AM

[quote] And I agree that the majority of female directors are not very good.

Because, you know, women have just been bathed in opportunities to direct.

by Anonymousreply 316December 20, 2020 5:30 AM

Let Them All Talk was a major disappointment.

Saying it's Meryl's greatest work in years is akin to Trumpsters saying he's our greatest President in history.

I wanted to know HOW Alice's novel ruined Roberta's marriage and caused her husband to leave her penniless with a judge agreeing that the Rowena character was Roberta.

I wanted to know HOW Tyler's father was a famous criminal and how it affected his relationship with Auntie Alice.

But instead I got improvised insipid small talk that didn't illuminate any of the plot 'outline'. And the big showdown that had been teased between Alice and Roberta for the ENTIRE film was a butterfly fart that felt truncated.

I wanted to actually hear the conversation between Karen and Alice when Alice discovers her lie, but we get organ music and NO AUDIBLE DIALOUGE at all. Were Meryl and Gemma Chan that bad at making up some shit that day?

Wiest was a non-entity and Lucas Hedges, whom I like, was painfully bad at improvising. He stuttered and stammered and still managed to say nothing.

I rolled my eyes at that pretentious speech about passion that was so praised by a poster above.

Sure, let's nominate actors for taking a two week cruise and filming some of their inane dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 317December 20, 2020 7:47 AM

R315 Greta Gerwig is more than you’ll ever be.

by Anonymousreply 318December 20, 2020 8:06 AM

Greta Gerwig got ahead by giving head.

by Anonymousreply 319December 20, 2020 8:08 AM

I hear Faye Dunaway's a dark horse for Master Class.

by Anonymousreply 320December 20, 2020 8:09 AM

Ellen Burstyn why

by Anonymousreply 321December 20, 2020 8:16 AM

surprisingly since its a david fincher film, Manc was my fave of the year.....Oldham was fab actor !!!

by Anonymousreply 322December 20, 2020 8:30 AM

R321 Being dead can help with getting a nomination and even a win (ask Peter Finch & Heath Ledger).

by Anonymousreply 323December 20, 2020 8:39 AM

Any Lindo nudes floating around?

by Anonymousreply 324December 20, 2020 8:57 AM

R301, to add to your list

Zellweger as lead and CZJ as supporting in "Chicago"

The same year, Kidman as lead and Moore as supporting in "The Hours", which made no sense at all seeing as Kidman, Streep and Moore were all either co-leads or all supporting given the conceit of that particular script.

by Anonymousreply 325December 20, 2020 9:32 AM

I recently saw 5 bloods. Jesus christ, wasted 2,5 hours. Racist shit.

by Anonymousreply 326December 20, 2020 12:11 PM

R326 How was it racist?

by Anonymousreply 327December 20, 2020 12:13 PM

R327 Black propaganda directed by racist Spike Lee. Unbearable pathos, martyrdom, pathetic psychodrama, grotesque or bland characters, lots of cliches and lack of pace. Sorry, Spike, I prefer Rambo after all.

by Anonymousreply 328December 20, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote]They’re no longer requiring the usual theatrical release in L.A., since theaters have been closed there since March.

So Hallmark movies are now eligible for the Oscars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 20, 2020 12:29 PM

And that Limbo. omg. "his acting" and falling into madness is a comedy hit (especially the scene where he fell off the escarpment and the one with a snake and sucking venom XD). He was supposed to be like Brando in Apocalypse Now (those last words - there were horror, horror, - here we have Madness, Madness)

by Anonymousreply 330December 20, 2020 12:29 PM

R328 Hm. Okay.

I didn’t find it racist at all. And Lindo is both sublime and heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 331December 20, 2020 12:29 PM

I watched Ma Rainey's Black Bottom last night. I still don't get the raves about Chadwick Boseman in this or any other movie. In this one he was just a petulant little shit never more so than when he goes off on the old guy for dirtying his shoe. Viola could get a nomination as she's playing a real person and has enough showy scenes like when she's demanding her Coke or she won't sing or that the boy get paid $25 and not out of her money. I don't think it's enough to actually win though. I'm going to watch the Sophia Loren movie tonight but so far I haven't seen any performances that are obvious wins like in years past.

by Anonymousreply 332December 20, 2020 12:34 PM

R332 I agree. I’m sorry, he was a good actor and I truly feel bad about his dying so young, but I’m not feeling an Oscar win for this performance.

I found him more moving and compelling in [italic]Da 5 Bloods[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 333December 20, 2020 12:39 PM

R331 Maybe for you, da 5 bloods troll . The theory that blacks built America so they deserve gold - another nonsense fueling BLM. Those photos of blacks- christ blacks are realy so undervalued?

Black logic according to S. Lee: WW2 - bad whites discriminate against blacks and don't let them fight for the country! Vietnam war - bad whites send blacks to fight for them in their war! : D

by Anonymousreply 334December 20, 2020 12:51 PM

R334 Is English your native language?

Also, I’m apparently not the only “troll” loving the film and especially Lindo’s performance.

by Anonymousreply 335December 20, 2020 12:57 PM

R334 And you are black? Why do you want to know so much about me? How not to watch old movies? How can you not laugh of movie while characters are 70 in 70s and 2020? That is parody.

by Anonymousreply 336December 20, 2020 1:11 PM

R336 What? 😂

by Anonymousreply 337December 20, 2020 1:17 PM

I gotta admit, even I am SICK TO DEATH of the Elroy Jetson Troll, or the Delroy Dildo Troll, or whoever the hell he / she / it is.

by Anonymousreply 338December 20, 2020 1:17 PM

You can't imagine some of the accents I'm reading some of these posts in in order to try to match the botched English.

by Anonymousreply 339December 20, 2020 1:18 PM

R339 Girl, tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2020 1:19 PM

R336 Why do you care so much about my english?

by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2020 1:23 PM

Los Angeles Film Critics are voting right now. Norman Lloyd is the winner of their Legacy Award. Small Axe won Cinematography, with Nomadland as the runner-up.

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2020 6:02 PM

R342 Thanks!

Live updates below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2020 6:05 PM

Best Supporting Actor

Winner: Glynn Turman, MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM

Runner-up: Paul Raci, SOUND OF METAL

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2020 6:35 PM

I put the Lindo troll on ignore a while back. I can see from everyone's comments he still hasn't shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2020 7:25 PM

More LA results:

Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, Minari Runner up: Amanda Seyfriend, Mank

by Anonymousreply 346December 20, 2020 7:46 PM

The LA Awards should get their own thread; this thread is about the Oscars.

I saw Mank, and I think Amanda Seyfried is in good shape for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. She really surprised me, and played a very complex character: a woman who was immensely likable and thick-skinned, but who loved attention and wealth. It was not something I thought Seyfried could do since she had always played dewy ingenues in everything I had seen.

I also saw Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, and think Chadwick Boseman is a shoo-in for Best Actor, and not only because he will get the sympathy vote because he was enormously talented and much loved and made lots of money for Hollywood. It's a genuinely fine performance which hugely elevates what is to my eyes actually a very stereotypical role (the incredibly talented black man who refuses to play ball and winds up being his own worst enemy). I don't think Davis will get Best Actress unless she gets sympathy points for uglifying herself wearing the hideous denture prosthetic and wearing that horrible make-up. Glynn Turman was excellent, but didn't have a lot to do--I would be surprised if he got BSA.

by Anonymousreply 347December 20, 2020 7:52 PM

Viola Davis has begun her "guilt trip" campaigning already. I saw an interview about Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and she was whingeing yet again about how difficult she has it as a middle-aged, dark-skinned black woman.

My first reaction was annoyance because Davis, for all of her constant victimhood, has been working steadily in films, TV and the stage since her breakthrough role in "Doubt".

David Oyelowo is another one. Works all the time and yet plays the victim card constantly. Other black actors may be finding it hard to get roles but when these two constantly moan about discrimination and difficulties in getting work, they deserve to be slapped.

It'd be like M complaining about how hard it is for actresses over 60 while her mug is in at least three movies every frickin' year.

by Anonymousreply 348December 20, 2020 8:44 PM

LAFCA winners.

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:

“Small Axe,” Shabier Kirchner; Runner-Up: “Nomadland,” Joshua James Richards

BEST SCORE/MUSIC

“Soul,” Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross; Runner-Up: “Lovers Rock,” Mica Levi

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Glynn Turman, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”; Runner-Up: Paul Raci, “Sound of Metal”

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

“Mank,” Donald Graham Burt; Runner-Up: “Beanpole,” Sergey Ivanov

BEST EDITING

“The Father,” Yorgos Lamprinos; Runner-Up: “Time,” Gabriel Rhodes

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Youn Yuh-jung, “Minari”; Runner-Up: Amanda Seyfried, “Mank”

BEST ANIMATION

“Wolfwalkers”; Runner-Up: “Soul”

DOUGLAS EDWARDS EXPERIMENTAL FILM PRIZE

“Her Socialist Smile,” John Gianvito

BEST SCREENPLAY

“Promising Young Woman,” Emerald Fennell; Runner-Up: “Never Rarely Sometimes Always,” Eliza Hittman

BEST DOCUMENTARY

“Time”; Runner-Up: “Collective”

BEST ACTOR

Chadwick Boseman, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”; Runner-Up: Riz Ahmed, “Sound of Metal”

BEST ACTRESS

Carey Mulligan, “Promising Young Woman”; Runner-Up: Viola Davis, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”

BEST DIRECTOR

Chloé Zhao, “Nomadland”; Runner-Up: Steve McQueen, “Small Axe”

NEW GENERATION

Radha Blank, “The 40-Year-Old Version”

BEST PICTURE

“Small Axe”; Runner-Up: “Nomadland”

BEST FOREIGN-LANGUAGE FILM

“Beanpole”; Runner-Up: “Martin Eden”

by Anonymousreply 349December 21, 2020 12:58 AM

Camilla Parker-Bowles won Best Screenplay! (Fennell plays her on The Crown).

I wonder if Carey Mulligan can make a play for Best Actress. She deserved the win for An Education, so I’m glad she’s back in the Oscar conversation.

by Anonymousreply 350December 21, 2020 1:05 AM

God, I hope not. Mulligan is like powdered milk onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2020 1:19 AM

The Promising Young Woman trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 21, 2020 1:25 AM

Variety said: "Mulligan, a fine actress, seems a bit of an odd choice as this admittedly many-layered apparent femme fatale — Margot Robbie is a producer here, and one can (perhaps too easily) imagine the role might once have been intended for her. Whereas with this star, Cassie wears her pickup-bait gear like bad drag; even her long blonde hair seems a put-on. The flat American accent she delivers in her lowest voice register likewise seems a bit meta, though it’s not quite clear what the quote marks around this performance signify. Still, like everything here, this turn is skillful, entertaining and challenging, even when the eccentric method obscures the precise message. "

by Anonymousreply 353December 21, 2020 1:32 AM

How can Small Axe be nominated when it's a miniseries

by Anonymousreply 354December 21, 2020 8:52 AM

Feinberg Forecast: A Post-Critics' Awards, Pre-Christmas Look at Oscar Race:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355December 22, 2020 12:15 AM

Indiana, Florida and Chicago Film Critics associations announced their winners today.

Indiana: Best Film : Nomadland

Best Actress: Frances McDormand

Best Actor: Delroy Lindo

Best Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova, Borat

Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr.

Florida

Best Picture: First Cow

Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins

Best Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova

Best Supporting Actor: Paul Raci, SOUND OF METAL

Best Ensemble: Mangrove (Small Axe)

Chicago

Best Picture: Nomadland

Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman

Best Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova

Best Supporting Actor: Paul Raci, SOUND OF METAL

by Anonymousreply 356December 22, 2020 1:29 AM

Frannie McD is coming for cocks and wigs.

by Anonymousreply 357December 22, 2020 1:32 AM

Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 358December 22, 2020 3:53 AM

Wow big Frances is picking up heat!

I'm disappointed Anthony Hopkins isn't more in the race atm. Just watched "Shadowlands" again and he is sublime.

by Anonymousreply 359December 22, 2020 5:01 AM

Viola is definetely is not supporting in Black Bottom. Its just one of those rare films in which the two leads do not share most of their scenes together. They are both really phenomenal its just that Boseman's is more haunting and sublime because of his death.

by Anonymousreply 360December 22, 2020 5:10 AM

[quote] Wow big Frances is picking up heat!

Isn't she a bit overrated and one-note?

by Anonymousreply 361December 22, 2020 8:15 AM

R361 No

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 22, 2020 9:27 AM

LA Times Oscar predictions. Picture: Nomadland, Director Chloe Zhao for Nomadland, Actress Frances McDormand for Nomadland, Actor Chadwick Boseman for Ma Rainey, Supporting Actress Olivia Coleman for The Father, Supporting Actor Leslie Odom Jr. for One Night in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 363January 2, 2021 11:59 AM

M's head will explode if FMcD wins a third Best Leading Actress statuette.

by Anonymousreply 364January 2, 2021 1:00 PM

OMFG!!! I just watched Nomadland and saw Frances McDoormat playing her old, bitter self once again!!! It's a masterclass in playing oneself!!! hahahahahahahaha. Bitch is overrated.

I hope the LA Times prediction will turn out to be all WRONG this year.

by Anonymousreply 365January 2, 2021 1:22 PM

R365 Where?

by Anonymousreply 366January 2, 2021 1:27 PM

I think Carey Mulligan should win. She is excellent and really succeeds playing against type in Promising Young Woman.

by Anonymousreply 367January 2, 2021 1:40 PM

R366 - WEB Screener on some t0rrent site. And the movie was so dead boring. One makeup-less face does not a great acting make though.

Vanessa Kirby is dead on arrival because of her association with Shia, so I guess Carey Mulligan will take the Oscar this year then.

by Anonymousreply 368January 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Though few would deny that Frances McDormand is a great actress, I'm not sure if winning a third Oscar, at least for this type of role, will serve her well in the long run. I think it could begin to make people feel that she's a one-trick pony and has been over-rewarded for basically playing the same character over and over again. Her career would be fine but her appearance in future films could elicit Streep-level groans of "ugh, her again."

by Anonymousreply 369January 2, 2021 2:00 PM

This -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 2, 2021 3:53 PM

And this -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 2, 2021 3:53 PM

And this -

Are not the same roles. Sorry she isn’t wearing sufficient make-up, prosthetics, and a wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 2, 2021 3:55 PM

ma rainey was huge disappointment, agreed, boseman is sorely over rated...tho he will win as he is deceased, alaas.

by Anonymousreply 373January 2, 2021 4:20 PM

Who can bear to look at ole mcdorland???

by Anonymousreply 374January 2, 2021 4:20 PM

#OSCARSSOIRRELEVANT

by Anonymousreply 375January 2, 2021 4:33 PM

Black actors will win across the board especially in a year that doesn't really count and folk will think it illegitimate anyway.

by Anonymousreply 376January 3, 2021 12:48 AM

R376 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 3, 2021 12:51 AM

I wanted to hate on McDormand thinking that perhaps she is being over-praised for NOMADLAND because she's a character actor, but no; she is really excellent in the film. This isn't just the tough broad persona she has played; there's a playfulness and sense of wonder in the performance.

I did love PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN, though and find Mulligan a strong contender.

MINARI is an above-average family drama. I loved the score.

Sir Anthony Hopkins is fantastic in THE FATHER but it's nothing he hasn't done before.

The only good thing about this awards season is that the big names aren't really taking focus and the lesser known actors are getting shine. I loved Paul Raci in THE SOUND OF METAL and Youn Yuh-jung of MINARI deserves Best Supporting accolades more than Maria Bakalova of BORAT.

by Anonymousreply 378January 3, 2021 1:28 AM

Paul Raci was just perfection in The Sound of Metal. He would be an amazing winner in that category this year.

I am pulling for Mulligan. I was blown away by her.

by Anonymousreply 379January 3, 2021 1:53 AM

*Sound of Metal

by Anonymousreply 380January 3, 2021 3:00 AM

I've suffered more than Frances and Carey so I should win.

They called me fat at Julliard!!!

by Anonymousreply 381January 3, 2021 3:13 AM

381 Only at Julliard they called you fat? It didn't happen anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 382January 3, 2021 3:18 AM

They said I wasn't sexy!

I was poor!!!

I'm dismissed as being the black Meryl Streep even though I have two Tonys, an Oscar and and Emmys! I want more! More! More!

by Anonymousreply 383January 3, 2021 3:21 AM

I refuse to see Ma Bottoms unless Viola is playing a black sexually alive woman of a certain age..strong, sexy and willful where we must ignore the empirical unattractiveness, imperious histrionics and length of snot trajectory in the performance.

by Anonymousreply 384January 3, 2021 3:21 AM

R384, you need to be e-du-ca-ted. You have NO idea what a burden I carry on my shoulders and how EXHAUSTED I am from being constantly dismissed as too old, too dark, not attractive enough or too Black when I wear my hair natural.

I have SUF-FER-ED, both in life and for my extraordinary craft. Like Harriet Tubman, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., President Obama and the other great African Americans of the past, I re-cog-NIZE that the burden is a privilege, but don't you dare ask me to check mine.

Did I mention I was poor and ate out of trash cans when I was growing up in racist Rhode Island? It is a constant struggle to find meaningful work and I think of Rosa Parks when I am in the back of the bus and see white actors doing a movie every other year while I have not had any work since "Doubt". The institutional racism leaves me EXHAUSTED.

By the way I got a note today from someone calling themselves DL and it suggested that my next project be a biopic of someone named Roxane Gay. I hope she has suffered like I have because my tears MUST be shed and people HAVE to admire them.

by Anonymousreply 385January 3, 2021 7:41 AM

Viola was god but I noted a bit of the [italic]click click click[/italic] in her, so I don’t care if she wins.

My winners:

Actor: Delroy Lindo

Actress: Frances McDormand

Supporting Actor: Chadwick Boseman

Supporting Actress: Glenn Close

by Anonymousreply 386January 3, 2021 12:58 PM

*good

“god” God no.

by Anonymousreply 387January 3, 2021 1:28 PM

Isn’t boseman being campaigned in supporting?

by Anonymousreply 388January 3, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote]Isn’t boseman being campaigned in supporting?

Netflix's FYC page has him as Leading and his male costars as supporting with Viola as Lead. But I think her team is officially pushing her for Supporting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389January 3, 2021 5:10 PM

Boseman is Supporting for Da 5 Bloods.

by Anonymousreply 390January 3, 2021 5:18 PM

My personal belief is that if Boseman is nominated in both categories, he would win for supporting. I think voters would be more inclined to honor him there and give lead to another actor (possibly Lindo, his co-star).

by Anonymousreply 391January 3, 2021 5:37 PM

Will you marry me R385?

by Anonymousreply 392January 3, 2021 5:40 PM

Is the Hollywood Foreign Press finally going to do something about category fraud?

Variety has learned exclusively that Stanley Tucci’s performance in Harry Macqueen’s “Supernova” has been rejected for best supporting actor in a motion picture and has been moved to the best actor in a motion picture (drama) category, alongside his co-star Colin Firth.

Promising Young Women has been moved to Drama (I viewed it more of a dark comedy, personally).

The four men of ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI has been moved to supporting after two of the four castmembers - Aldis Hodge and Leslie Odom Jr. put in for Lead.

by Anonymousreply 393January 3, 2021 7:27 PM

Feinberg Forecast: Scott's First 2021 Read of the Oscars Race:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 4, 2021 6:13 PM

Interesting that Zendaya jumped ahead of Viola Davis in the forecast. That’s very bullish on a performance that no one has really mentioned up until now.

by Anonymousreply 395January 4, 2021 7:03 PM

How can Zendaya be a frontrunner when her movie hasn't even been released yet?

by Anonymousreply 396January 4, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote]How can Zendaya be a frontrunner when her movie hasn't even been released yet?

Netflix has already sent out screeners for it.

Scott Feinberg is on crack if he thinks Jamie Dornan and/or WILD MOUNTAIN THYME is in any awards conversation. That film is a joke.

BOYS IN THE BAND seems dead in the water. I don't know why Luca Martinelli is on this list. Italy did not submit MARTIN EDEN for their Best Picture submission so I don't see Marinelli's team putting forward. And whatever heat he did have, dissipated when Mads Mikkelsen began winning a number of awards for DRUK (Another Round). John Magaro has been largely ignored for FIRST COW, with more attention being given to his costar Orion Lee. Clayne Crawford, Trevante Rhodes, Justin Timberlake, Mark Wahlberg and Jude Law are non-starters. I can't believe THE NEST is in any conversation. Such a dreadful, dreary film and I don't understand the acclaim Carrie Coons is getting for it Tom Holland - I am just going to assume no APPLE+ will get any attention, but if he needs to be recognized for anything, it's Netflix's THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME. He gave a really solid performance. Kevin Costner for LET HIM GO? That was Diane Lane's film all the way and she was outstanding.

Still to See or Embargoed (alphabetically) Casey Affleck (Our Friend) — podcast Kevin Costner (Let Him Go) Clayne Crawford (The Killing of Two Lovers) Jamie Dornan (Wild Mountain Thyme) Armando Espitia (I Carry You With Me) Colin Firth (Supernova) Tom Holland (Cherry) Jude Law (The Nest) John Magaro (First Cow) Luca Marinelli (Martin Eden) Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round) Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine (Farewell Amor) Jim Parsons (The Boys in the Band) Trevante Rhodes (The United States vs. Billie Holiday) Justin Timberlake (Palmer) Mark Wahlberg (Joe Bell) Denzel Washington (The Little Things) — podcast

by Anonymousreply 397January 4, 2021 10:17 PM

The need to nominate some actual movie stars who've people actually have heard of if they want people to watch.

Amanda Seyfried and Viola aren't really going to pull in viewers.

by Anonymousreply 398January 5, 2021 4:28 AM

There just aren’t any major stars this year, though. Hanks and Clooney are almost certainly out, and even if Streep gets in, that’s hardly uncommon. Leo and Brad were last year’s news, Emma Stone took the year off, and Margot and Charlize did action movies so don’t have a shot.

Basically, the only reason for people who aren’t regular viewers to watch will be to see Chadwick Boseman’s family tear up over his win. That’s why I think voters are going to essentially say “This year doesn’t really count, let’s go a little crazy.” And that could be a lot of fun for obsessives like us, especially after a year where every acting award was a stone cold lock.

by Anonymousreply 399January 5, 2021 5:22 AM

How is Viola going to spin the narrative that she has suffered the most, more that Chadwick even?

by Anonymousreply 400January 5, 2021 5:25 AM

Leslie Odom must be a little crazy. Hope he doesn't win.

I tweeted him once that I was disappointed that he was out the day I saw Hamilton. He pm'd me a long excuse about how hard eight shows a week are. I said I was still disappointed and that I wish he had renewed his contract so I could see him again. He kept responding with lectures and then eventually blocked me. It was very odd. I just kept responding to see how long he'd keep writing back.

by Anonymousreply 401January 5, 2021 5:28 AM

Did someone upthread mention Jamie Dornan (!) for Wild Mountain Thyme (!!!!!) as a Best Actor possibility?

by Anonymousreply 402January 5, 2021 5:35 AM

No one on DataLounge, thank goodness. But Scott Feinberg from the Hollywood Reporter (linked from R394) put him as a possibility. Which means he got a call from a publicist.

by Anonymousreply 403January 5, 2021 5:41 AM

R398 So they should just nominate the biggest celebrities even if they don't deserve it and there are smaller names that had better performances?

by Anonymousreply 404January 5, 2021 9:36 AM

I love that smaller films and lesser-known actors are getting the spotlight this year. It would never have happened without the current pandemic. Glenn Close would be nailed down as the frontrunner for Hillbilly SNL.

by Anonymousreply 405January 5, 2021 10:32 AM

[quote] How is Viola going to spin the narrative that she has suffered the most, more that Chadwick even?

BLM! Snot crying. Tedious, self-righteous responses in interviews where she constantly talks about giving a voice to the ignored women of color and mentions her mother, grandmother, aunts, Great-aunts and various other relatives. By comparing herself to Meryl "I make 36 movies a year" Streep instead of every other 50+ white actress who works even less than Davis does.

by Anonymousreply 406January 5, 2021 10:40 AM

This is Elisabeth Moss' year!

by Anonymousreply 407January 5, 2021 12:25 PM

R407 You think she’ll get in for The Invisible Man?

by Anonymousreply 408January 5, 2021 12:32 PM

Do you think Rudy Giuliani will score a RAZZIE nomination for Worst Supporting Actor in BORAT?

by Anonymousreply 409January 5, 2021 12:42 PM

That seems like such an obvious Razzie move. It’ll definitely happen.

by Anonymousreply 410January 5, 2021 4:40 PM

R397, and others, I don't understand all the films Feinberg lists as "Still To See..." I've seen most of them and I don't even live in the U.S. or have Netflix.

Also, note that up until now the Best Actress frontrunner has been Vanessa Kirby for Pieces Of A Woman (which I will finally see this week) and now she's down to Major Threats behind Sophia Loren and Zendaya? Do you think that's the "Shia LeBouf effect"?

by Anonymousreply 411January 5, 2021 5:35 PM

R411 How did you saw them? Don't say a pirated version of the hand held camera recording

by Anonymousreply 412January 5, 2021 5:47 PM

Viola will give another speach about exhuming bodies, her beautiful Genesis and how she's now got the confidence to show her SEXUALITY!

by Anonymousreply 413January 5, 2021 6:13 PM

Wow, lots of Viola haters here on DL. Or just one looney racist guy

by Anonymousreply 414January 5, 2021 6:28 PM

I don't hate Vi, thank you very much, I cheered her to win in LEAD for Fences. I just find her pompous, earth-shattering speeches unintentionally funny. She's so DRAMATIC

by Anonymousreply 415January 5, 2021 6:31 PM

R414 I think it’s one loon. It is annoying because anytime this thread gets some momentum he ruins it with his screeds.

by Anonymousreply 416January 5, 2021 6:33 PM

Yeah, how did Vanessa Kirby drop so much in such a short amount of time? Is it only the “Shia effect” and is that even real?

Carey Mulligan vaulted to a “sure thing” once Promising Young Woman actually came out. I think she would be a strong alternative for voters to giving Frances a third gong. Oscar also really loves it when an actress plays against type and she is definitely doing that here.

by Anonymousreply 417January 5, 2021 7:25 PM

Mulligan would have been a better choice than Bullock back in 2010 but I still prefer to award Sidibe

by Anonymousreply 418January 5, 2021 8:22 PM

Why 'Hamilton' Is Eligible for Globes and SAG Awards, But Not Oscars:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 6, 2021 2:20 AM

So anyone who thinks Viola Davis is not only a good actress in certain types of roles but also a pompous, humourless windbag who complains constantly is now automatically a racist loon?

by Anonymousreply 420January 6, 2021 6:22 AM

That is what they have been doing for close to 100 years r404. Why stop now?

by Anonymousreply 421January 6, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote]Yeah, how did Vanessa Kirby drop so much in such a short amount of time?

[quote]Carey Mulligan vaulted to a “sure thing” once Promising Young Woman actually came out. I think she would be a strong alternative for voters to giving Frances a third gong.

I think that's the case, as well. Early on - before awards season started in earnest - the talk was about how great Julia Garner is in THE ASSISTANT. Then it was the lead in NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS. As more films are released, the discussion changes. In 2015 after seeing SUFFRAGETTE I was sure Carey Mulligan, Anne-Marie Duff and Meryl Streep would be nominated. Then a month or so passed and it was all over for them when ROOM, THE DANISH GIRL, CAROL and BROOKLYN came out They had strong competition.

by Anonymousreply 422January 6, 2021 7:11 AM

R417, I'm watching Promising Young Woman now, and now I think Mulligan has a real shot at winning. A few scenes are so jaw-dropping they feel like they're made for an Oscar win. The movie takes so many risks that it might fall apart by the end, but if it doesn't, I think she makes a lot of sense as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 423January 6, 2021 7:59 PM

What are the baity scenes R423?

by Anonymousreply 424January 6, 2021 9:19 PM

R423 Where are you watching it? HDCAM rip?

by Anonymousreply 425January 6, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] I'm watching Promising Young Woman now, and now I think Mulligan has a real shot at winning. A few scenes are so jaw-dropping they feel like they're made for an Oscar win. The movie takes so many risks that it might fall apart by the end, but if it doesn't, I think she makes a lot of sense as the winner.

I think a nomination is assured, but I was thinking on how the male voters would feel about the film and the indictment of men who believe they are "good guys", but aren't. Whether these voters would feel affronted, or put off by this depiction of a rightfully vengeful woman.

I didn't know Bo Burnham as an actor, just the writer/director of EIGHTH GRADE. He's very good in this.

by Anonymousreply 426January 6, 2021 9:43 PM

Best Actress will either go to Carey Mulligan for “Promising Young Woman” or Viola Davis for “Sexual Old Woman”.

by Anonymousreply 427January 6, 2021 9:50 PM

Poor Viola.

by Anonymousreply 428January 6, 2021 10:15 PM

Viola doesn’t need to be sexual! She needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 429January 6, 2021 10:24 PM

Why do some actresses feel the need to "show my SEXUALITY"?

by Anonymousreply 430January 6, 2021 10:26 PM

Will Viola and Meryl go trans next to become even more insufferable?

by Anonymousreply 431January 6, 2021 10:37 PM

How does Viola show her sexuality in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom? Does she do full frontal nudity? Are there gratuitous shots of her nude black bottom? Does she do raunchy sex scenes? Does she pull a Patti Lupone and insist that she needs to go topless in order to preserve the integrity of the script?

by Anonymousreply 432January 6, 2021 10:42 PM

I think Bo Burnham could be a dark horse Best Supporting Actor contender. Lead actresses have brought along supporting male players before surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 433January 6, 2021 10:46 PM

If Zendaya is that good in Malcolm and Marie, I think she will be Carey Mulligan’s biggest competition for Best Actress.

by Anonymousreply 434January 6, 2021 10:54 PM

R433 Well he sure is cute.

by Anonymousreply 435January 6, 2021 10:55 PM

R434 hmmm. If she’s any good she may compete.

by Anonymousreply 436January 6, 2021 10:55 PM

I don't get why ppl are saying Viola is supporting in Ma Rainey. Bosemans scenes are just longer, but the story is centered around her. She is the central theme and character; the film bears her characters name for christ sake. She wouldn't be the first lead to have less screentime then a supporting stars. In my opinion, Boseman is also the colead and should be contending for best actor. But if Viola's team pushes for supporting that is down right category fraud. She should not have have been supporting in Fences. There was a time when the lead female costar would be eneterd into Best actress category if it was a meaty role; but I guess it depends upon star power. Examle: Annette Benning was lead for American Beauty, why wouldn't Viola in Fences.

by Anonymousreply 437January 7, 2021 6:39 AM

Viola was definitely a lead in FENCES but if she was in that category she knew she would be up against Meryl Streep. Her chances were better in Supporting (though I thought Michelle Williams deserved the Oscar that year for Manchester By the Sea). Maybe this year she and her team thought they would have had to battle it out with Streep again considering she has LET THEM ALL TALK and THE PROM ; or she didn't want to go against McDormand, so she put herself back in Supporting.

The Academy should be more stringent about placement as the Hollywood Foreign Press is.

by Anonymousreply 438January 7, 2021 7:16 AM

I don’t think the lead female is always the co-lead. Star wattage or not, her character has to have a significant alone moments where she takes over the movie. Did Reese? For being called a hoe in the hardware store or that one awful song she sang? Noooo. Bening in American beauty a better bet because her ocd meltdown scene was more meaningful but still it wasn’t her film, even for a part of the time. Or sometimes the lead can have a small role but cast and undeniable pallor over the film: page in interiors, Kidman in hours, Patricia Neal, Louise fletcher, Olivia Colman, Morton in in America, Watts in the impossible, Rosamund pike....

by Anonymousreply 439January 7, 2021 8:50 AM

*or not ‘pallor’. She has to haunt the film sufficiently, anyway. If the role is small...

by Anonymousreply 440January 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Why doesn't Viola have enough faith in herself to go lead. Even if she wins everyone knows 2 supporting doesn't even equal 1 lead!

by Anonymousreply 441January 7, 2021 4:47 PM

R424, the scene I was watching when I wrote that post had Carey Mulligan threatening another character (I won't reveal more than that). You're not sure at that point if you're watching the hero or the villain, and my thought was "This is one of those scenes that wins an Oscar."

Has anyone else watched Pieces of a Woman yet? It's on Netflix, so I'm curious why more people aren't talking about it. Probably because it's so depressing, even though I can see why Vanessa Kirby and Ellen Burstyn are considered strong bets. It might ultimately be too bleak, though; it feels more like a Blue Valentine that earns enough grudging respect to get acting nominations, but is just too bleak to have a real shot at a win.

by Anonymousreply 442January 7, 2021 6:17 PM

R442 Where did you watch Promising Young Woman?

by Anonymousreply 443January 7, 2021 6:19 PM

r442, Cate Blancheet did indeed win the Oscar that year. So perhaps Carey has a shot.

by Anonymousreply 444January 7, 2021 6:20 PM

R443, I have access to a screener. But it's probably online somewhere, since those tend to leak once screeners are released.

by Anonymousreply 445January 7, 2021 6:22 PM

R445 I searched torrent sites but couldn't find it.

by Anonymousreply 446January 7, 2021 6:26 PM

My mistake. I misread Blue Valentine for Blue Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 447January 7, 2021 6:37 PM

I'm not the Viola troll. His posts are annoying, and she talks about her struggle in her balck skin having to deal with colorism and Hollywoods beauty standards. He can go fuck himself.

However, I do find her overrated. She is a competetnt dramatic actress, and sometimes good but she is not the next coming, black Meryle streep , be all end all. I find Regina King and Taraji P. Henson more talented and versatile. And they both can do comedy. But they get truly lost in the role to me. There are times when Viola appears to be acting, like the click, click thing one poster pointed out. I guess its her theater backgrond. So I should correct that. Perhaps they aren't more talented but better film actresses.

by Anonymousreply 448January 7, 2021 7:52 PM

One of Meryl's most generous acts was allowing Viola to shine and steal the scenes in "Doubt" then championing her afterwards to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 449January 7, 2021 8:53 PM

Just saw Promising Young Woman. Very entertaining, not very realistic though.

by Anonymousreply 450January 7, 2021 9:30 PM

I'm dragging my feet on watching PIECES of a WOMAN, though I always like to see what Shia LaBeouf does with his characters.

I'm waiting for Hollywood Reporter to post their Honest Ballot piece to see if anyone complains about how they kept confusing "Pieces of a Woman" with "Promising Young Woman". It was a complaint someone had the year "Beautiful Boy" and "Boy Erased" came out.

by Anonymousreply 451January 7, 2021 10:33 PM

OMFG Ellen Burstyn in “Pieces of a Woman.” I DIED at her big monologue.

by Anonymousreply 452January 7, 2021 11:41 PM

Her backstory was so unexpected. Also, an Oscar favorite m.

by Anonymousreply 453January 7, 2021 11:55 PM

The Academy will nominate either Ellen Burstyn or Candace Bergen for BSA. But not both.

by Anonymousreply 454January 7, 2021 11:57 PM

R454

by Anonymousreply 455January 8, 2021 12:13 AM

Does Viola present hole in Ma Rainey?

by Anonymousreply 456January 8, 2021 12:13 AM

Viola is made up like a real beast in the beginning of Ma Rainey (all I saw LOL). It was kind of glorious and shocking but damn is it enough for the Oscar? I think she could get it, I mean it’s fun to cap on her but she’s one of our great actresses. Forget the snot, having to be sexual, or digging through the trash for dinner as a kid.. she’s still the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 457January 8, 2021 12:32 AM

Streep wasn't a threat that year r438. It is sort of a mystery who Viola was afraid would beat her if she went lead. Emma Stone I guess.

I know she was allowed to decide where she wanted to be campaigned and she chose supporting.

I'd guess she'd been burned once before for The Help where she had a kind of borderline lead/supporting role so when she had another role that was the same situation and not clearly lead or supporting she chose to go supporting which she thought was safer for some reason. It was a dumb move. She'd have won in lead too.

by Anonymousreply 458January 8, 2021 3:33 AM

[quote] Ellen Burstyn in “Pieces of a Woman.” I DIED at her big monologue.

For all of the ferocity Vanessa Kirby did in some of her scenes, none of it topped that one monologue. Powerful.

For someone with a small dick, Shia really loves showing it.

by Anonymousreply 459January 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Have they decided how they are going to hand out the Oscars? Are they sending those people in hazmat suits to people's homes again?

I doubt Meryl will let them in this time either. She didn't at the Emmys. I can picture her and Gummer saying we don't want THOSE people in our house.

by Anonymousreply 460January 8, 2021 5:42 AM

R460, my bet is that the Academy and ABC are waiting to see what's going to happen with the vaccines before they make any final decision about how to proceed with the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 461January 8, 2021 6:17 AM

Oscar Contenders Worry Screening by Streaming Does Their Films an Injustice:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 8, 2021 6:18 AM

Awww, fuck. I just sat down to watch French Exit and I find out it was directed by Azazel Jacobs. Goddamn it, that guy fucking SUCKS. And I love Michelle Pfeiffer, but his stuff is unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 463January 8, 2021 6:24 AM

Viola is so pretentious. Even when she was promoting Suicide Squad she talked about her character in ALL CAPS like she in a fucking Ibsen play or something.

by Anonymousreply 464January 8, 2021 11:04 AM

R452 So did I but because it was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 465January 8, 2021 11:32 AM

R464, don't you dare trigger Ms Davis by mentioning some dead white male like Ibsen. Only plays written by pansexual, differently abled, trans women of color for her, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 466January 8, 2021 11:43 AM

Why don’t you guys just create a separate Viola thread?

by Anonymousreply 467January 8, 2021 11:46 AM

For real R467. I don’t understand this amount of hate. I guess Americans and racism 🤫

by Anonymousreply 468January 8, 2021 11:53 AM

French Exit was a bust. Incredibly uneven, the story went nowhere and it was filled with potentially great characters that got intriguing introductions but never went anywhere. The most egregious example being the character played by Valerie Mahaffey, who has the most wonderful introduction scene and you think- she's so good in this that she could maybe get some Oscar heat, but then the writer and director completely drop the ball and she's left to flail through the rest of the film. At the beginning of the third act, all the characters are cohabiting in a small apartment, and their coming together (and staying together) makes no sense logically or story wise, so you expect it to pay off, but nothing in this movie pays off.

Pfeiffer was as good as she could possibly be and she is the only reason to watch this. Poor Lucas Hedges had nothing to do. His character was a complete cipher. I can only assume he took the role to work with Pfeiffer.

by Anonymousreply 469January 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Lucas Hedges doesn’t have anything. Does he know if he’s gay or not? He’s just an Opie like Matt Damon. Vanilla pudding. Look like Damon too. Seems nice enough though..

by Anonymousreply 470January 8, 2021 11:58 AM

viola davis is the one who apologized for The help??? stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 471January 8, 2021 12:07 PM

R471, I'm one of the posters making fun of Viola for her pretentiousness and self-righteous woke nonsense, but I don't see what was wrong with her regretting having done "The Help"?

She says that when she signed up to play Aibeleen she believed that the script would focus on the story being told from the perspective of the titular help. What the movie ended up being was a piece of shit rehash of the same white savior nonsense. I can understand why she feels regret that the finished film was not what she had hoped it would be.

I thought Davis did a great job with a poorly written role and really deserved a better script which would have eliminated the Emma Stone character completely and focused on the maids.

by Anonymousreply 472January 8, 2021 1:49 PM

Viola was raving about The Help giving voices to downtrodden black women for a long time, especially when she was a favorite for the Oscar. She only started voicing dissatisfaction and regret about doing the movie in the age of WOKE.

by Anonymousreply 473January 8, 2021 5:00 PM

R472 R472 she would have accepted it anyway...but now she can nagging how wrong she was because the movie is so racist and there are not enough black people there, ridicolous

by Anonymousreply 474January 8, 2021 5:00 PM

I don't think anyone watching "The Help" could fail to be on the side of the maids and realise anew how fucking terrible black people were treated in the 1960s deep south.

Viola got the LEAD nominations even though she was supporting, and Octavia cleaned up the awards in the same category, as we didn't care about the Emma Stone character. I hate this kind of reactionary revisionism that Viola jumped on.

Did she complain about playing the wife of a garbage man in "Fences" too?

by Anonymousreply 475January 8, 2021 5:28 PM

Shes very talented but a find Viola Davis acting to be overrated and her interview are annoying to watch. Shes so extra and not in a fun way.

by Anonymousreply 476January 8, 2021 5:34 PM

Omg, you guys really need to create a seperate thread. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 477January 8, 2021 5:36 PM

Viola can only do drama, has she ever done legit comedy? She tried to be funny during her Meryl tribute at the Golden Globes and it fell flatter than Kiera Knightley's chest.

by Anonymousreply 478January 8, 2021 5:37 PM

This is turning into an obession and I'm starting to believe it is race based. I find Viola Davis vastly overrated but why must you posters continually ridicule and mock her hard work. Why must Americans constantly be so racist? Leave her alone. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 479January 8, 2021 5:42 PM

I am European.

by Anonymousreply 480January 8, 2021 5:46 PM

R479 stop dragging race into it. We're saying she's a great dramatic actress, she's just so DRAMATIC. "We're the only profession who celebrates what it means to live a life!"

Oh, and I'm British.

by Anonymousreply 481January 8, 2021 5:51 PM

Fucking hell! Take your hard-ons for Viola to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 482January 8, 2021 6:07 PM

All these Viola Davis haters are demented

by Anonymousreply 483January 8, 2021 8:11 PM

I have a question for those demanding a separate thread. Are you suggesting that any discussion about me be segregated? Am I to be treated like Rosa Parks and pushed to some 'back of the bus' lowly thread that no one will notice?

I am an Academy Award winner and belong in this thread. I have EARNED my space here. My craft is sublime and meaningful unlike many of the other talent-free white folks being given space in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 484January 8, 2021 10:02 PM

R484 Viola darling, thank you for gracing this thread my darling. You should have won in lead for Fences, can't believe that bitch Emma Stoner could have beat you

by Anonymousreply 485January 8, 2021 10:10 PM

This thread was dead as a doornail before the Viola conversation. I tried to start it going with French Exit but no one gave a shit, so they may as well talk about Viola. It's not like there's anything else going on.

by Anonymousreply 486January 8, 2021 10:11 PM

I saw Minari. Terrible

by Anonymousreply 487January 8, 2021 10:16 PM

So is Pieces of a Woman worth the watch or not?

by Anonymousreply 488January 8, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]So is Pieces of a Woman worth the watch or not?

Yes. It reminded me a lot of "Manchester By the Sea". A tale of muted grief, stark scenery, excellent performances.

by Anonymousreply 489January 8, 2021 10:30 PM

R486 sorry. Was Michelle good?

by Anonymousreply 490January 8, 2021 10:45 PM

She was very good, but the movie itself was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 491January 8, 2021 10:58 PM

I just finished Pieces of a Woman. Great acting and some gorgeous cinematography; but the movie, the construction of it was mediocre. It’s a shame that Shia is an abuser - he is quite talented. Both Kirby and Burstyn should be nominated, their performances were stellar.

As an aside - Burstyn (20 years ago) would have been perfect as Meemaw in Hillbilly Elegy.

by Anonymousreply 492January 8, 2021 11:28 PM

A few of the San Diego Film Critics Association nominations.

Best Actor Riz Ahmed, SOUND OF METAL Chadwick Boseman, MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM Brian Dennehy, DRIVEWAYS Anthony Hopkins, THE FATHER Steven Yeun, MINARI

Best Actress Viola Davis, MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM Vanessa Kirby, PIECES OF A WOMAN Frances McDormand, NOMADLAND Carey Mulligan, PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN Aubrey Plaza, BLACK BEAR

Best Supporting Actor Sacha Baron Cohen, THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7 Frank Langella, THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7 Peter Macdissi, UNCLE FRANK Bill Murray, ON THE ROCKS Paul Raci, SOUND OF METAL

Best Supporting Actress Maria Bakalova, BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM Ellen Burstyn, PIECES OF A WOMAN Olivia Cooke, SOUND OF METAL Amanda Seyfried, MANK Yuh-jung Youn, MINARI

Best Picture BLACK BEAR FIRST COW NOMADLAND ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN SOUND OF METAL

A few of the North Dakota Film Critics Association nominations.

Best Picture FIRST COW I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS NOMADLAND PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN

Best Director Emerald Fennell – PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN David Fincher – MANK Charlie Kaufman – I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS Kelly Reichardt – FIRST COW Chloé Zhao – NOMADLAND

Best Actress Viola Davis – MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM Sophia Loren – THE LIFE AHEAD Frances McDormand – NOMADLAND Carey Mulligan – PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN Kate Winslet – AMMONITE

Best Actor Riz Ahmed – SOUND OF METAL Chadwick Boseman – MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM Delroy Lindo – DA 5 BLOODS Gary Oldman – MANK Steven Yeun – MINARI

Best Supporting Actress Maria Bakalova – BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM Ellen Burstyn – PIECES OF A WOMAN Saoirse Ronan – AMMONITE Amanda Seyfried – MANK Yuh-Jung Youn – MINARI

Best Supporting Actor Bo Burnham – PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN Sacha Baron Cohen – THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7 Orion Lee – FIRST COW Paul Raci – SOUND OF METAL David Strathairn – NOMADLAND

by Anonymousreply 493January 8, 2021 11:35 PM

I am confident that both Kirby and Burstyn will be nominated. Just a vibe.

by Anonymousreply 494January 8, 2021 11:36 PM

Sorry for cocking up the formatting.

by Anonymousreply 495January 8, 2021 11:37 PM

R493, Peter Macdissi for Uncle Frank is definitely the craziest nomination of the season thus far. Is Alan Ball the only member of the San Diego Critics association?

(I actually kind of liked him, and enjoyed the movie as well. Still, who would have predicted that?)

by Anonymousreply 496January 9, 2021 12:56 AM

Why wasn’t Viola better in Widows? That movie could have been better. Michelle Rodriguez pretending that she’s not a stud with pussy juice dripping from her lips didn’t help things.

by Anonymousreply 497January 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Vanessa Kirby is terrific in Pieces Of A Woman, of course. However, after the opening set piece, the film veers off into about 5 different films without committing to any of them: grief, couple’s drama, family drama, courtroom drama, even a little bit of Holocaust drama. Anything compelling just drains away until Kirby is forced to perform a not very credible courtroom speech. Then the director carries on with never ending codas of all of his on-the-nose visual motifs.

Kirby has been doing this kind of work on the London stage for like the last 10 years, though everything about her as an actress has matured here, especially her voice. For those who only know her from The Crown and action movies, this film presents her as an actress of real stature. And she is, in stillness, completely transparent, as she was in some sequences in S2 of The Crown, to great effect. It’s worth watching for her - esp. in her scenes with Burstyn. (Who is old enough to be her great grandmother in this.)

She’ll definitely get a GG nom (could even win it) but note that Feinstein now has her outside of the top 5 in his list. No matter - filmmakers like Scorsese (a late Exec Prod on this) will be lining up to work with her and she’ll win an Oscar before long. Great American dialect too.

by Anonymousreply 498January 9, 2021 2:00 AM

R498 Absolutely. I hope she wins Natl Society Film Critics tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 499January 9, 2021 2:34 AM

"Malcolm & Marie" sounds like it could be fascinating. I can't wait:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 9, 2021 3:35 AM

I can’t believe Malcom and Marie was made in a living room but sold for 35mil or something.

by Anonymousreply 501January 9, 2021 6:22 AM

And will make about 35 cents.

by Anonymousreply 502January 9, 2021 6:23 AM

Oh no! Another black women in Best Actress? But I've suffered more!!!! She's young and pretty! I'm fat and greasy!!! I deserve it more. I was poor!!!

by Anonymousreply 503January 9, 2021 7:18 AM

Viola is a lock to win Best Actress next year for her Michelle Obama biopic. Can she pull off a Thomasina Hanks and win Best Actress two years in a row? Of course if she does it will be the end of her fake friendship with M because Mary Louise's head will explode with jealousy.

I wonder who will play Kamala Harris in the Obama biopic. I heard rumors that the real Michelle wants Gabourey Sidibe to play Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 504January 9, 2021 8:37 AM

What would Kamala Harris have to do in an Obama biopic?

by Anonymousreply 505January 9, 2021 10:34 AM

Viola is too far to play Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 506January 9, 2021 12:41 PM

Viola is too sexy to play Michelle. She has far too much raw animal magnetism for the role. It just exudes from her naturally and she can't stop it.

by Anonymousreply 507January 9, 2021 3:30 PM

Can the Viola TROLL kindly fuck off? Whenever this thread veers into nee topics, you have to start up again with a new angle for Viola. You’re fucking weird.

The Malcom and Marie trailer looked painfully boring.

by Anonymousreply 508January 9, 2021 4:14 PM

Did Carey Mulligan show boobs or beaver in her movie? She might get some votes for the shock value.

by Anonymousreply 509January 9, 2021 4:37 PM

Carey Mulligan makes sacks of potatoes embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 510January 9, 2021 4:41 PM

Frances is too young to have 3 Oscars

by Anonymousreply 511January 9, 2021 5:12 PM

R509 No, she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 512January 9, 2021 5:14 PM

Bloody prude!

by Anonymousreply 513January 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Voting is underway for the National Society of Film Critics Awards. The winners -so far - are below.

Best Actress: Frances McDormand, NOMADLAND. Runner up: Viola Davis

Best Actor: Delroy Lindo. Runner Up: Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat). Runner up: Amanda Seyfried

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal). Runner Up: Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom)

Best Screenplay: Eliza Hittman, NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS. Runner Up: Jon Raymond and Kelly Reichardt, FIRST COW

Best Cinematography: Joshua James Richards, NOMADLAND. Runner Up: Shabier Kirchner, LOVERS ROCK (Small Axe)

by Anonymousreply 514January 9, 2021 8:18 PM

If R514's list was repeated at the Oscars, I would be very happy.

I particularly like Nomadland and Delroy.

by Anonymousreply 515January 9, 2021 8:20 PM

R514 What about best director?

by Anonymousreply 516January 9, 2021 8:22 PM

Delroy! Yes!

He’s going to win Lead and Boseman will get Supporting - both for the same film. NYFCC called it.

by Anonymousreply 517January 9, 2021 8:29 PM

Has Viola commented on her 2nd place finish?

by Anonymousreply 518January 9, 2021 8:30 PM

The Trial of the Chicago 7 is looking more relevant than ever following Wednesday’s events. Don’t think the Academy hasn’t noticed this.

by Anonymousreply 519January 9, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote]What about best director?

Best Director: Chloé Zhao, NOMADLAND. Runner Up: Steve McQueen (Small Axe).

Best Picture: NOMADLAND. Runner Up: First Cow

by Anonymousreply 520January 9, 2021 8:48 PM

All that effort from Glenn for nowt

by Anonymousreply 521January 9, 2021 8:50 PM

All that effort from Glenn for nowt

by Anonymousreply 522January 9, 2021 8:51 PM

All that effort from Glenn for nowt!!

by Anonymousreply 523January 9, 2021 9:04 PM

Nomadland is an art film. It won’t be winning Best Picture. The Covid crisis really has warped a lot of people’s common sense.

by Anonymousreply 524January 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Moonlight was a fucking art film.

by Anonymousreply 525January 9, 2021 10:41 PM

Fuck off, R519. What the fuck does The Trial of The Chicago 7 have to do with the insurrectionists who stormed the capitol on Wed.? Nothing. What a ducking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 526January 9, 2021 11:01 PM

Fuck off, R519. What the fuck does The Trial of The Chicago 7 have to do with the insurrectionists who stormed the capitol on Wed.? Nothing. What a ducking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 527January 9, 2021 11:01 PM

Make Google your friend R527/FUCKING idiot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 9, 2021 11:16 PM

Moonlight appealed to the woke black and gay crowd so shut the fuck up. It wasn’t the same kind of art film as fucking Nomadland which is about a white woman seeking “solace.”

by Anonymousreply 529January 9, 2021 11:21 PM

I just watched Pieces of a Woman and I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. For most of the film I really only sympathized with the midwife. I don’t know if I was supposed to or if I was being contrary.

by Anonymousreply 530January 9, 2021 11:25 PM

i dont care for carey mulligan, but thats a damn good movie !!! offbeat and full of twists.

by Anonymousreply 531January 10, 2021 12:12 AM

Do people really think that Borat chick will win an Oscar? It was an okay performance. Like an elevated SNL sketch with 1 or 2 more emotional scene like the one in the car where she is pondering a boob job. But I dont get the acclaim for it.

by Anonymousreply 532January 10, 2021 12:18 AM

R531 She was in Promising Young Woman, not Pieces of a Woman

by Anonymousreply 533January 10, 2021 12:51 AM

R533, I think that poster was talking about Promising Young Woman (which does have several twists).

by Anonymousreply 534January 10, 2021 12:54 AM

This really is going to be a heinously awful year. Eliza fucking Hittman isn't fit to be a seat filler at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 535January 10, 2021 3:14 AM

Michelle Obama doesn't seem like an Oscar caliber role.

She didn't suffer enough. Plus you need a drug addiction or an early death to win for a biopic.

by Anonymousreply 536January 10, 2021 3:15 AM

The Viola playing Michelle Obama will be for TV

by Anonymousreply 537January 10, 2021 10:26 AM

R532 If you don’t see the magic in it than you’re in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 538January 10, 2021 10:40 AM

R528, you're getting your American history from fucking DEADLINE.com and you're calling me a fucking/ducking idiot? Duck off.

The Trial of The Chicago 7 depicts historical events whereby legitimate protestors demonstrating against the Vietnam War - which was a real thing - who months later were demonised by the Nixon administration as inciters of violence in a propaganda operation to silence further dissent which also ensnared Hollywood activists like Jane Fonda and the late Jean Seberg.

What happened on Wednesday, was an incitement of violence and insurrection against our legitimately elected Congress in the seat of our government from The Oval Office itself, in attempt to overthrow our democratic government for an autocratic one by overturning the legitimate results of our recent Presidential election.

Over to you.

by Anonymousreply 539January 10, 2021 10:50 AM

Really R530...? How much were you expecting to enjoy a film about a home birth gone tragically wrong?

by Anonymousreply 540January 10, 2021 10:51 AM

Trial of the Chicago 7 is a frontrunner, assholes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 11, 2021 9:38 PM

"Pieces of a Woman" was forgettable. This Season's "Marriage Story"

by Anonymousreply 542January 11, 2021 10:00 PM

Viola needs everything. Very sexual. All Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 543January 12, 2021 3:15 PM

I think Bo Burnham could sneak in as a surprise Best Supporting Actor nominee.

by Anonymousreply 544January 12, 2021 9:37 PM

R544 That would be fun, Bo Burnham. How are you? You are adorable.

by Anonymousreply 545January 12, 2021 10:30 PM

Promising Young Woman is my favorite movie of the year (I know it has flaws, but the movie has such energy that I can completely overlook them)but Bo Burnham isn’t going to get in for being cute and singing to “Stars are Blind.”

Has anyone seen French Exit? I wanted to like it more than I did, although Pfeiffer is always fun to watch. Valerie Mahaffey was the best thing about it, but Lucas Hedges really has to stop chaperoning aging actresses to Europe. Twice in one winter is too much of a coincidence,

by Anonymousreply 546January 13, 2021 1:38 AM

Where is French Exit available?

by Anonymousreply 547January 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Two Hersholt Awards will be given out this year. One goes to an organization, the Motion Picture and Television Fund.

The other goes to the man behind Madea, Tyler Perry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 14, 2021 6:46 PM

Pfeiffer sux in ev thing she touches....allwys gotta be so purdy fake and dum blondie.

by Anonymousreply 549January 14, 2021 6:53 PM

Catch the winners of the Gotham awards? lady in Miss Juneteenth beat out Frances M.... woke yea but what a mistake...

ya can bet ur bippy that the Oscars and other awards will continue to value bein seen as WOKE rather than rewarding talent.

by Anonymousreply 550January 14, 2021 6:55 PM

I am surprised Pfeiffer is not being mentioned. When the reviews came out, Variety said it could be her best acting, the movie not so much. But that kind of came and went.

by Anonymousreply 551January 14, 2021 8:02 PM

Just saw the trailer. for “French Exit.” I’m neither beguiled nor impressed, though there is a hint of a wonderfully emotional scene by Pfeiffer. Not Best Actress material though,

by Anonymousreply 552January 14, 2021 8:37 PM

she may be able to buy herself a nom.....

by Anonymousreply 553January 15, 2021 12:41 AM

My prediction is this: worst ratings ever for the Oscars. I can’t even figure out what movies might be nominated. The only thing certain is whatever she’s nominated for Glenn Close will lose.Q

by Anonymousreply 554January 15, 2021 12:48 AM

R554 No, the biggest challenge for her at this point [italic]is[/italic] the nomination. If she gets nominated an 8th time, the Oscar is hers.

by Anonymousreply 555January 15, 2021 1:33 AM

Delroy Lindo “Finally Getting To Shine” With ‘Da 5 Bloods’, His Latest Tour Of Duty With Spike Lee – Featurette

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 15, 2021 1:37 AM

cant watch spike lee's stuff cause he a smug narcissistic bullshitter on talk shows

by Anonymousreply 557January 15, 2021 1:48 AM

Christ, the Lange/Lindo loon is clogging up this whole thread.

by Anonymousreply 558January 15, 2021 1:58 AM

Pieces of a Woman was zzzzz-worthy. I didn't give a fuck about any of the characters or their plight. Vanessa Kirby was very good, but Shia was terrible. Really awful. And I like him.

And Ellen Burstyn was so miscast. She's 88 years old. In what universe would she have been those girls' grandmother, let alone mother.

by Anonymousreply 559January 15, 2021 6:44 AM

Burstyn is fifty-five years older than Kirby. That's almost the perfect age to be Kirby's grandmother, if you assume Burstyn had a child at 25, who gave to birth to Kirby at age 30.

Kirby played Jason Statham's sister just last year, which doesn't make any sense either. It's a consistent problem in Hollywood (don't get me started on poor Tom Pelphrey.....)

by Anonymousreply 560January 15, 2021 4:16 PM

I would have no problem believing Jason Statham and Vanessa Kirby as siblings. He looks younger than he is. But I doubt Kirby's character was meant to be any older than 30, and Burstyn was practically doddering. She came off even older than she is.

Anyway, it was the least of that movie's problems.

by Anonymousreply 561January 15, 2021 5:12 PM

Vanessa Kirby was brilliant in PoaW but the film, once you get past the first horrifying 20 mins, is terrible.

Carey Mulligan is getting a nom for Best Actress and I'd bet my house on that. PYW is incredible. PYW is due to be released on streaming sites in a couple of weeks and it'll go supernova.

by Anonymousreply 562January 15, 2021 5:17 PM

Yes, I liked Kirby very much. I had never seen her in anything (well, let's say I didn't know I had seen her in anything, but I've never seen her in a large role), and I wouldn't complain if she won, though the role was not as good as her performance.

by Anonymousreply 563January 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Why did they feel the need to show Shia's little tinkle? He's gross and looks smelly

by Anonymousreply 564January 15, 2021 5:49 PM

I just watched The Prom. Good news for Glenn- Meryl ain't gettin' a nomination, either.

by Anonymousreply 565January 15, 2021 6:29 PM

Meryl will likely win the Golden Globe, there's very little competition for Musical/Comedy Actress

by Anonymousreply 566January 15, 2021 6:50 PM

The Globes award Meryl a lot, but it's not automatic. She's never won a Globe for a role that wasn't a major Oscar contender, and she's not getting in for The Prom.

The Globes will nominate five actress, none of whom will be getting an Oscar nomination, so they'll probably award whichever ingenue they fancy. Maybe Anna Taylor-Joy for Emma?

by Anonymousreply 567January 15, 2021 7:07 PM

R567 Maria Bakalova is lead for the Globe only.

by Anonymousreply 568January 15, 2021 7:21 PM

So, Maria will win the Globe. Not fucking Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 569January 15, 2021 8:00 PM

Nomadland going to HULU

by Anonymousreply 570January 15, 2021 8:03 PM

Maria is the leading contender for the Globe.

by Anonymousreply 571January 15, 2021 8:03 PM

R570 I can’t wait!

by Anonymousreply 572January 15, 2021 10:30 PM

Nomadland is a fucking bore.

by Anonymousreply 573January 16, 2021 12:34 AM

Feinberg Forecast: A Mid-January Check on the Oscar Race:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 16, 2021 1:16 AM

I’m still not sold on Nomadland as the winner, although I think Chloe Zhao is looking really good even if another film takes the top prize. I just don’t see the acting branch going for it. This season feels primed for some dumb heart warmer like Green Book to sweep in and snatch Best Picture, but I don’t know what that could be.

by Anonymousreply 575January 16, 2021 1:25 AM

Who is gonna honor Viola's mercurial sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 576January 16, 2021 1:29 AM

That little shite from Borat is NOT a lead. CATEGORY FRAUD!

by Anonymousreply 577January 16, 2021 11:46 AM

PYM. Hmm. You could say this is Cassie Mulligan’s best performance OR you could say she’s finally found the perfect vehicle for her flat acting. This film is a mixed bag though I totally welcome the emergence of writer/director Emerald Fennel - though she appears to be a better director than writer. And I also don’t quite get the half-hearted 1950s sheen of the production design - typically Brit interpretation of America, though it does lend the film a much needed distancing effect (from reality), given its morally ambiguous proceedings. But this film really objectifies EVERY character into a limiting cookie cutter state of being, including the lead. It’s like Fennell didn’t want to challenge her baked in preconceptions and thus her characters don’t really convince as people. The irony is, her lead character goes around blasting everyone for their narrow-minded thinking. As a director, she is too reliant on pop tunes to inject energy into the proceedings and aside from the candy coloured production design (why again?) there is little of visual interest going on in the frame, other than repeatedly situating Mulligan dead centre.

She doesn’t really investigate her subjects or subject matter, which is dubious. SPOILER ALERT What bachelor party is going to be excited about Mulligan showing up as the stripper? She’s not exactly Hustkers material. Better to have acknowledged this rather than have every guy in the room pretend otherwise. (Who has a bachelor party out in the woods? Who planned this party, Kristin Wiig?) The ending was moving but falls apart pretty quickly - how could Cassie have ENSURED that she would be killed? And wouldn’t her complete premeditation of it and planning make it more like a suicide or at best manslaughter? The idea that she is in control of EVERYTHING is ludicrous and watching her act it out so assuredly robs the scenes of any urgency or immediacy. It’s nothing more than just wish fulfilment.

It’s disappointing because there are some really interesting ideas here but Fennel The Writer needs to go deeper next time. I do like her fearlessness but obviously those involved were too intimidated by that to tell her this needs at least another draft. Eliza Hittman gave an interesting interview about writing bad scenes to get to good scenes - which in her film, Never, Rarely..., she does very well. Fennel needed to do more work to turn the bad scenes into good ones. As a director, she is serviceable, though hints at a kind of visual panache which would be more effective if it actually furthered the story she is telling - that’s called cinema. I liked the near opening visual of Mulligan with ketchup dripping down what looks like her bloodied arm, eating a hamburger on what would otherwise be called a “walk of shame.” Promising is the word but the film doesn’t deliver on that potential.

by Anonymousreply 578January 16, 2021 2:01 PM

^^PYW, of course. Apologies to all involved.

by Anonymousreply 579January 16, 2021 2:02 PM

R578 You do realise it's not a documentary, right?

by Anonymousreply 580January 16, 2021 2:21 PM

R578 - extremely tedious person.

by Anonymousreply 581January 16, 2021 2:22 PM

Ma Rainey was minor. The last shot of Viola. Is she going to fall asleep? Crumbs fall out of her mouth? I didn’t care. It didn’t have power. Sad that film is in the shitter these days.

by Anonymousreply 582January 16, 2021 4:30 PM

R580, drama still needs to be credible.

by Anonymousreply 583January 16, 2021 6:29 PM

nomadland may be good acting vehicle.....BUT WHAT A FUKIN DOWNER

by Anonymousreply 584January 16, 2021 6:45 PM

R583 PYW isn't supposed to be realistic. It's a dark comedy. It's practically a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 585January 16, 2021 6:49 PM

I think the only films I am excited to see are Promising Young Woman and Nomadland.

I will probably check out the Kirby/Burstyn film this weekend. I know that one will be a mixed bag.

by Anonymousreply 586January 16, 2021 6:58 PM

That’s exactly what it is. A revenge fantasy. But drama - dramatic writing as opposed to prose - still needs credibility, even within its own terms. SPOILER ALERT And how could she have known that the one hand cuff would break free and her captive would become the attacker and murderer with such certainty that she could’ve predicted the whole thing and tipped off the lawyer, her father, etc. And while her sacrifice was moving for a moment, the whole “I win even though I’m dead now” is a bit of a head scratcher. It’s not quite Thelma and Louise, which itself was a controversial ending that many found less than empowering.

by Anonymousreply 587January 16, 2021 7:10 PM

R587, she didn't know. It was a contingency plan. She arranged the release beforehand in case something happened to her, which was always a possibility given the danger.

by Anonymousreply 588January 16, 2021 7:29 PM

R588 It's like talking to a child.

by Anonymousreply 589January 16, 2021 7:47 PM

I enjoyed Promising Young Woman much more than I thought I would. It was darkly funny, strident, at time illogical, messy - but so was Cassie. This was a great role for Carey Mulligan, I’d like to see her in more anti-hero/villain roles.

by Anonymousreply 590January 16, 2021 8:00 PM

Erm, the “scheduled” text messages were orchestrated as a certainty not a contingency but whatever. You’re obviously a much less demanding viewer.

by Anonymousreply 591January 16, 2021 11:00 PM

R589, so sorry you’re not enjoying this discussion and have nothing to add. Are you in junior high?

by Anonymousreply 592January 16, 2021 11:03 PM

I can’t believe we chose PIECES OF A WOMAN to watch with dinner.

by Anonymousreply 593January 16, 2021 11:41 PM

Mank... I couldn’t even see it and didn’t want to put on my glasses, or my phone, actually. Total bore.

by Anonymousreply 594January 16, 2021 11:47 PM

Who the hell is Cassie Mulligan?

by Anonymousreply 595January 17, 2021 12:42 AM

This thread’s about to close, so here’s the link to Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596January 17, 2021 12:48 AM

And ...

by Anonymousreply 597January 17, 2021 2:08 AM

that's ...

by Anonymousreply 598January 17, 2021 2:08 AM

a ...

by Anonymousreply 599January 17, 2021 2:09 AM

wrap!

by Anonymousreply 600January 17, 2021 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!