Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amnesty International Comes Out Against Gay Rights in Ireland

I don't know if you guys have been following this, but it's absolute madness. Amnesty published a letter announcing that those who do not subscribe to "gender ideology" should be denied political representation and denouncing biology. They've doubled down, since, and:

[quote] Several Irish politicians also retweeted the letter in support, which is highly revealing.

[quote] Irish politicians, retweeting a letter that calls for the withdrawal of political representation from same sex attracted people, for the crime of holding the wrong views on gender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 12:16 AM

[quotes] This whole response kind of reminds me of the Pat Robertson quote I've had as my email signature for the last 25 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote] the withdrawal of political representation from same sex attracted people, for the crime of holding the wrong views on gender.

It was just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 8:52 PM

"The most important lesson from the Irish experience is arguably that trans advocates can possibly be much more strategic by trying to pass legislation “under the radar” by latching trans rights legislation onto more popular legal reforms..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote] Yesterday the Woman’s Council of Ireland and Amnesty International Ireland lent their signatures & authority to an extraordinary statement.

[quote] “organisations that seek to defend biology... we repudiate their beliefs”

[quote] Let that, as they say on social media, sink in.

[quote] It’s not just that “we repudiate biology” is a bizarre position to take. It’s that @AmnestyIreland & @NWCI call for those who defend biology to be excluded from civil society.

[quote] “We call on media, and politicians to no longer provide legitimate representation...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote] trans advocates can possibly be much more strategic by trying to pass legislation “under the radar” by latching trans rights legislation onto more popular legal reforms..."

For example: 𝑱𝒐𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝑨𝒄𝒕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 9:10 PM

Trannies are evil!

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 9:15 PM

r5, exactly and all the Anti-Conversion Therapy bills which are actually medicalized gay conversion therapy bills that forbid therapists from intervening at all if a gay person or even a straight person has been brainwashed into thinking they need to be sterilized and have all their sex organs amputated.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 9:15 PM

19 of the 20 largest bio-pharmaceutical corporations are in Ireland. The country has more than 300 of them.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 9:24 PM

Does anyone know if Leo is on board with this?

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 10:10 PM

Interesting.

How to feel? I was just about to sign one of their petitions calling for the release of three Iranian women imprisoned for going witnojt headscarves in public. Seems the org will at least support certain POC womens’ rights, but not others and not gay rights. Now I’m not sure whether to support the efforts of AI....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2021 9:33 AM

The West is killing itself with (race, genders, feminism), while the Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Arabs are watching us fighting for things they totally reject. They'll soon using our stupid fights to destroy us.

Just leave the gays live their lives alone and be carefull about the younger trannies. Puberty blocker is DANGEROUS. And erasing REAL WOMEN WILL BE THE END OF THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION. Be carefull

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2021 9:58 AM

Amnesty International has lost purpose, focus, and credibility. It is a toxic place to work for most staff except senior management who make salaries comparable to consultants. People donating regularly should reconsider, I did.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2021 10:07 AM

The thought police are real.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2021 10:10 AM

R12 Amnesty never had credibility, being highly selective about who it publicly takes to task in its name and who it relegates to "activists" to take to task to avoid being labelled racist/colonialst. Don't think so? When was the last time Amnesty International issued a statement or took a specific country to task about its treatment of homosexuals. Amnesty is real good at turning a blind eye when politically expedient.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2021 10:47 AM

I'm so confused.....

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2021 10:54 AM

[quote] The West is killing itself with (race, genders, feminism), while the Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Arabs are watching us fighting for things they totally reject. They'll soon using our stupid fights to destroy us.

"soon"? Ummm, they've been doing this for years, especially Russia. Haven't you read the various articles about Russians posing as Americans to inflame discourse on hot-button issues to sow division and undermine support for a given politician/party?

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!