Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ELECTION 2020 Part 24

Since this just won't end, the threads won't either.

Link to part 23 below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 29, 2020 1:42 AM

The Biggest Trump Financial Mystery? Where He Came Up With the Cash for His Scottish Resorts.

[quote] Scottish lawmakers are pushing to peer into Trump’s finances using an anti-money-­laundering statute typically employed against kleptocrats, oligarchs, and crime kingpins. Their question: Where did the hundreds of millions Trump poured into his Scottish courses actually come from?

[quote] The New Yorker estimated that Trump would have spent half his available cash on the purchase of Turnberry alone, concluding there wasn’t “enough money coming into Trump’s known business to cover the massive outlay he spent” renovating the property.

[quote] And the mystery deepens. Martyn McLaughlin, a Glasgow-based reporter for the Scotsman newspaper, discovered that in 2008 Trump approached a Scottish bank asking for a $63 million loan to buy and renovate a historic hotel overlooking the final hole of St. Andrews, the most famous golf course in the world. The terms he proposed were so ludicrously favorable to him that bank executives concluded Trump was asking for a “free loan,” and doing business with the developer was “too risky.” Meanwhile, Trump was touting his “very strong” cash position and his representatives were telling the Scottish public that he had more than $1 billion available to spend in their country. (The Trump Organization did not respond to questions from Mother Jones.)

[quote] This February, a group of Scottish Parliament members began making the case that Scotland should use an investigative tool under UK law called an Unexplained Wealth Order (UWO) to scrutinize Trump’s transactions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote]The Milnes now fly a Mexican flag (next to the Saltire, the Scottish flag) outside their home, within view of the Trump clubhouse.

Top quality trolling.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 5:08 PM

This is the actions of an alpha male? He got his ass kicked and has been crying ever since.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 7:06 PM

These are the actions of an alpha wuss.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 7:13 PM

It’s all over but the crying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 7:37 PM

That's gonna be my favorite part r5.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 7:40 PM

Yes, I will be so happy when the entire family is forced into exile.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 7:44 PM

1. Say publicly that you won the election despite all evidence that Biden won. 2. File a bunch of nuisance lawsuits. 3. As suits are thrown out of court, tell lawyers to keep appealing until one gets to the Supreme Court. 4. ? 5. Trump wins another term!

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 8:43 PM

Even if the USSC took up a case, which is unlikely, it would not lead to Trump winning the electoral college. It would only apply to that one state. And the high court is unlikely to take up any of these cases since they ask for all the votes to be thrown out.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 8:47 PM

SCOTUSblog said today that there is absolutely no chance that SCOTUS will hear the PA case.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote] 2/ Mitchell says he spoke days ago with Norman Shinkle, one of the two GOP members of the Michigan Board of State Canvassers. Shinkle indicated last week he would vote against certifying the election results, Mitchell says, until an investigation is completed...

[quote] 3/ This is being done, Mitchell says, so as to push a delay *even though there is no evidence of fraud or malfeasance that would necessitate such a move.* Depending on how the other GOP member of the board, Aaron Van Langevelde, votes, Mitchell tells CNN...

[quote] 4/ ... either members of the Trump team (1) end up delaying the certification of the election results or (2) they have something that they can point to as evidence of unfairness, even if it isn’t.

[quote] “It’s a win-win” for the Trump team, Mitchell says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 8:50 PM

Good tv viewing tomorrow.

@GSAEmily Murphy will appear before Congress tomorrow to answer questions about her decision to withhold approval for the transition.

And who will be among those questioning her?

None other than the ever fabulous

@RepKatiePorter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 8:52 PM

R12 I don’t think that’s true. They asked for written explanations from the pig on why she’s delaying the transition but she isn’t appearing before congress. Yet. That’s the next step of the pig’s answers aren’t good enough, which I’m sure they won’t be. Hope they have the double wide chairs ready.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 8:54 PM

She's either going to cry or have a nervous breakdown on camera.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] tell lawyers to keep appealing until one gets to the Supreme Court.

R8 Even if that happened, one case from one state wouldn't decrease Biden's 306 electors enough. .. This isn't Florida 2000 where the split was 271-266.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 8:56 PM

Re Michigan, their sole responsibility under the law is to certify. If they vote not to certify, they will most like be fired and replaced.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote]Shinkle indicated last week he would vote against certifying the election results,

Gov. Whitmer has the authority to replace members of the Board without approval of the legislature. Also, the Biden campaign can petition a court for a writ of mandamus ordering the Board to certify the election results.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 8:58 PM

I never liked Jake Tapper before this election cycle but recently started to watch him more and he can be fabulously bitchy both on camera and on Twitter. There is a gay man trapped in that body somewhere. And insuspect he's a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 9:01 PM

Please welcome to the stage: RITA MANDAMUS

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2020 9:06 PM

I don’t like bitchy males. Tapper is just speaking the Truth

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2020 9:14 PM

^ look in the mirror Mary

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2020 9:17 PM

I'd spread it for Jake.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2020 9:18 PM

You lost. Won't miss your ugly mug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2020 9:27 PM

Is she DINAH CANCER'S sister, r19?

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2020 9:29 PM

The Trump campaign just put out a statement saying that Sidney Powell isn't part of their team.

I guess she finally went a little too nuts publicly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Sounds like Rudy was threatened by her bigger dick.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2020 9:35 PM

Please bear in mind, she was at the press conference where the Elite Strike Force announced their plans to Release the Kraken.

Honest to God, if this wasn't so damaging, it would be pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2020 9:36 PM

She is too off the rails even for them.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 9:41 PM

Rudy is pretty fucking crazy too. What does he get to stick around?

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2020 9:42 PM

Maybe they looked at her “biblical” lawsuit and realized it was completely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2020 9:43 PM

Worst. Elite Strike Force. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote] The Trump campaign just put out a statement saying that Sidney Powell isn't part of their team. I guess she finally went a little too nuts publicly.

[quote] first they came for Sidney Powell and I did not speak out— because I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote] Powell lasted 72.7% of a Scaramucci.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2020 10:03 PM

first they came for Sidney Powell and I did not speak out— because I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2020 10:11 PM

This is awesome. Protest outside Kemp's home. Kinda wish Sidney wasn't canned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2020 10:16 PM

Well bless her heart in the most Southern sense of the phrase.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]PUT THE KRAKEN BACK IN! SUBMERGE THE KRAKEN!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2020 10:27 PM

Never forget Trump bragged about her being on his team

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote] The Sidney Powell situation is classic Trump. Coerce people into lying, and then fire them for following his instructions. A death cult where everyone drinks the poison except for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Murkowski just gave a pretty unambiguous statement about it being time to pack it in.

Susan Collins is determining her current level of concern.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Mother Jones:

For all the fantastical falsehoods Powell has told, this one may cross a line for McConnell and top Republicans, who seem happy to let Trump’s lawyers chip away at faith in the electoral system as long as their crazy lies are aimed at Dems and don’t hurt in Ga. runoffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Jake Tapper:

Since the WH and GOP are currently letting folks from the fever swamps lead the deranged effort to overturn the election results, they should probably be aware of what's coming for them.

To wit, @KLoeffler, they want your election overturned too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2020 11:04 PM

@RonBrownstein · 42m After saying he didn't want to interfere in the process, the MI GOP House Speaker sends a clear signal to the Rs on the state canvassing board voting Monday: block the certification of Biden's 155k vote win & if MI SSC doesn't get in the way, we'll tilt the state for Trump He sends a clear message for the R's on the canvassing board to demand some kind of audit b4 certifying & holds open the prospect that the state legislature can step in unless the MI SSC orders certification. You can't be much more overt. It's not just Trump: lots of Rs bending

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2020 11:19 PM

So when it's all over, everyone gets to slap this bitch, right? Isn't that in the Constitution?

Or is that the Drag Queen Constitution? You try to steal the crown, everyone gets to smack a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2020 11:20 PM

I am hoping the younger Republican on the Michigan certifying board votes with the two Democrats to certify. The older Republican one is a Trump fanatic and is a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]If they vote not to certify, they will most like be fired and replaced.

Which benefits Trump in that he can make it look like the Democrats are firing people and putting their own people in place to effect a cover up.

[quote]I never liked Jake Tapper before this election cycle but recently started to watch him more and he can be fabulously bitchy both on camera and on Twitter

There's an 'oral history' type article about CNN's election week (linked), and in it he talks about how the other networks which failed the American people and CNN is the one who was holding Trump's feet to the fire, which is such deluded bullshit. So he's massively full of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2020 11:25 PM

Are they asking for riots in Detroit? That would be a very bad move to disenfranchise 2.8M voters that chose Biden by a large margin.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2020 11:32 PM

I think they’d be thrilled with black people rioting.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote] NEWS: Biden to name longtime aide Tony Blinken as secretary of state. Jake Sullivan is likely to be named national security adviser. Scoop with @tylerpager and @SalehaMohsin .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2020 12:05 AM

I guess Christie would know about "national embarrassments".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2020 12:16 AM

Giuliani is starting to look like Colonel Klink.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote]NEWS: Biden to name longtime aide Tony Blinken as secretary of state. Jake Sullivan is likely to be named national security adviser. Scoop with @tylerpager and @SalehaMohsin .

Trump has been asking why Biden is choosing Cabinet members when the election results aren't known yet.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote]Biden to name longtime aide Tony Blinken as secretary of state.

Mike Winken and Elizabeth Nod as his deputies, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2020 1:30 AM

Thursday you are the featured speaker at the Trump legal team news conference.

Sunday, "I don't know her."

What a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2020 2:11 AM

Oh pooh. I was looking forward to the biblical lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote]Thursday you are the featured speaker at the Trump legal team news conference.

[quote]Sunday, "I don't know her."

Perhaps Sondheim can write some new lyrics for her.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 2:21 AM

I got through Sydney Powell's crap shpiel

And I'm heeeeeereee!

by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]Oh pooh. I was looking forward to the biblical lawsuit.

Sounds like she’s still planning to go biblical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2020 2:37 AM

I saw this tweet a few days ago, but I did not know the author's position:

[quote]Having practiced law for almost 2 decades as a member of the State Bar of Texas, I’ve never known fellow TX lawyer @ SidneyPowell1 to be anything but forthright and honest in every case she’s ever taken on. If she says there is rampant voter fraud in # Election2020, I believe her. - Trey Trainor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2020 2:49 AM

He's chairman of the FEC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2020 2:49 AM

Trainor is the one who decided churches can endorse political candidates without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

Thinks the elections are a spiritual war.

So gain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote]If she says there is rampant voter fraud in # Election2020, I believe her. - Trey Trainor

I'm sure there was rampant fraud, all of it engineered by Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 62November 23, 2020 4:20 AM

R38: Those are some bad front teeth, natural OR man-made!

by Anonymousreply 63November 23, 2020 4:28 AM

Tomorrow is going to be a shitshow, especially in Michigan. I hope the MI AG already has the court papers ready to go because I do not seeing the board certifying the results, even tho by law they are required to.

by Anonymousreply 64November 23, 2020 4:29 AM

R38 I was distracted by the eyebrows, missed the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Rashia Tlaib already has a problem with Anthony Blinken, who's Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2020 7:56 AM

Brad Heath (Reuters):

President Trump's appeal of a judge's brutal rejection of his efforts to overturn Pennsylvania's election -- the one his lawyers said would get them to the Supreme Court -- is *only* about whether the judge should have given them leave to fix a complaint his lawyers screwed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2020 9:47 AM

Brad Heath (Reuters):

So the big election-rigging case President Trump wants to tee up for the Supreme Court is actually whether his lawyers should have gotten permission to fix a filing they screwed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2020 9:48 AM

[quote] Rashia Tlaib already has a problem with Anthony Blinken, who's Jewish.

So is 6% of her own caucus and 2% of her own district. He's the son (grandson?) of a Holocaust survivor.

Does she have an issue with a specific policy position or is she just grandstanding before the official announcement is even out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 12:51 PM

It would serve us all well if we stop giving air time to nobodies like Rashia Tlaib.

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2020 12:53 PM

Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib reacted to the news by tweeting: “So long as he doesn’t suppress my First Amendment right to speak out against Netanyahu’s racist and inhumane policies.” Seems reasonable...

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2020 12:56 PM

[bold]Scoop: Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman says Trump lost[/bold]

It's over. That's what Blackstone chairman, CEO and co-founder Steve Schwarzman — one of President Trump's most loyal allies — and other top Republicans are signaling to the defeated president, 16 days after Joe Biden clinched the win.

Why it matters: It’s all theatrics now. Even if Trump doesn't move on fast, you can. It is safe to ignore the fearful Republicans who insist the process is legit and plausible, because they tell us privately it is not.

Driving the news: Schwarzman said in a statement to Axios that Biden won and it's time to move on.

"I'm a fan of good process," Schwarzman said. "In my comments three days after the election, I was trying to be a voice of reason and express why it's in the national interest to have all Americans believe the election is being resolved correctly. But the outcome is very certain today, and the country should move on."

"I supported President Trump and the strong economic path he built. Like many in the business community, I am ready to help President-elect Biden and his team as they confront the significant challenges of rebuilding our post-COVID economy."

Schwarzman's signal is more meaningful in Trumpworld than any of the messages so far from corporate America.

Trump's top aides have undisguised contempt for some establishment business groups. But not Schwarzman. He has been a close confidant of Trump's throughout his presidency.

The legal insanity: For more than 24 hours — until it became too much even for Rudy Giuliani to tolerate — the publicly-stated position of President Trump's legal team was that the reason Trump lost Georgia is because Gov. Brian Kemp (R) has been bribed by a Venezuelan front company in cahoots with the CIA to throw elections to Communists.

More than that, in the telling by now-former Trump legal adviser Sidney Powell (ditched in a statement by the campaign last night), these dastardly Communists have manipulated American voting machines to switch millions of votes from Trump to Joe Biden.

Yes, that's correct. You didn't read that wrong. We are not pranking you.

This is literally what the Trump legal team is arguing. Watch this Newsmax clip and this press conference appearance from Powell.

The dangerous reality is that there is a large audience for this conspiracy theory. Far-right commentators attacked Fox' News' Tucker Carlson for daring to suggest that Powell should provide evidence to support her allegation of what would be the biggest crime in American history.

Longtime Trump ally Chris Christie said on ABC's "This Week": "[T]he conduct of the president's legal team has been a national embarrassment."

Senior people in Trumpworld agree. A source familiar with the situation said the Trump legal team had been arguing vociferously with each other on phone calls with the president.

And Powell hadn’t shown anybody senior in Trumpworld the evidence to support her grand claims of an international communist conspiracy.

Notice that few key campaign and White House officials have been publicly endorsing this legal strategy.

Ask yourself: When is the last time you heard from Jared? Or Ivanka? In private, they have long known it was over.

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2020 12:57 PM

Forgot the link.

~R72

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote] Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib reacted to the news by tweeting: “So long as he doesn’t suppress my First Amendment right to speak out against Netanyahu’s racist and inhumane policies.” Seems reasonable...

From what I understand, Biden is pro Israel but views Netanyahu as corrosive to them as 45 has been to America.

I'm also of the opinion that Talib has a First Amendment right to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote]Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib reacted to the news by tweeting: “So long as he doesn’t suppress my First Amendment right to speak out against Netanyahu’s racist and inhumane policies.” Seems reasonable...

She's not wrong, though....

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote]I'm also of the opinion that Talib has a First Amendment right to STFU.

As do you r74.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2020 1:12 PM

@mattmxhn remember when all the hispanic undecideds were gonna break for biden

sigh

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2020 1:16 PM

Talib is a LOUDMOUTH with very little to show for her first term other than making headlines by saying outrageous things

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2020 1:17 PM

[quote]“So long as he doesn’t suppress my First Amendment right to speak out against Netanyahu’s racist and inhumane policies.”

Is Mr. Blinken on record advocating for the suspension of First Amendment rights when it comes to criticizing Netanyahu ... or does the Congresswoman assume that this is the default position of all Jews?

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2020 1:22 PM

The attorney heading up Trump campaign's Wisconsin recount effort is seeking to throw out his own vote.

Jim Troupis voted illegally according to his own legal argument that in-person absentee ballots should be thrown out. So did his wife.

He would not answer questions about why he and his wife voted that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2020 1:31 PM

[quote] And Powell hadn’t shown anybody senior in Trumpworld the evidence to support her grand claims of an international communist conspiracy.

Oh, so NOW they want evidence...

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]Jim Troupis voted illegally according to his own legal argument that in-person absentee ballots should be thrown out. So did his wife.

Whoops! I guess that invalidates Trump's and Melania's votes as well.

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2020 1:39 PM

[quote] Is Mr. Blinken on record advocating for the suspension of First Amendment rights when it comes to criticizing Netanyahu ... or does the Congresswoman assume that this is the default position of all Jews?

Maybe the Congresswoman should watch more Sesame Street:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2020 2:05 PM

For the appeal of the Pennsylvania "Frankenstein Monster" case Trump lawyers appear to be depending on Twitter for legal advice.

Brad Heath@bradheath

[quote]Trump's lawyers say they didn't intend the very narrow nature of their appeal to waive any of many other issues on which they lost in the district court. The filing came several hours after lawyers pointed out to them on Twitter that they had probably done this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote]She's not wrong, though....

How exactly can the SoS can suppress her 1A right to speak out against anyone, especially in Congress?

At least make a statement with a little bit of plausibility.

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2020 2:08 PM

The shenanigans have begun! 2 republicans voted against certification in a county in PA that trump won by 20k votes. The 3 dems passed to certify. The next 48 hours are going to be chaotic and infuriating. Just remember that biden has won every legal case so far and there’s no standing to delay certification

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2020 3:36 PM

Trump's plans for after 01/20/2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Georgia released its slate of electors.

Stacey Abrams is the first one. In fairness, because the list of alphabetical. But still.

by Anonymousreply 88November 23, 2020 4:19 PM

"Which party has become more extreme over the last four years?"

Among Democrats: GOP: 53% Dems: 47%

Among Republicans: Dems: 72% GOP: 28%

Seven Letter Insight / November 19, 2020 / n=1500 / Online

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 23, 2020 4:24 PM

First Cabinet picks. Mostly a bunch of non-politicians, just federal careerists. The DNI would be the first woman.

I think that's actually a good call. Trump has decimated the agencies and it makes sense to put people who know how things work in charge.

John Kerry as Climate Envoy is well deserved, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 23, 2020 4:34 PM

By that photo of Linda Thomas-Greenfield, I'd say Kenan Thompson has a new character to play for the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 91November 23, 2020 4:36 PM

Good to see that Climate Czar (?) has a seat at table for natl security

by Anonymousreply 92November 23, 2020 4:37 PM

Why not Al Gore for climate czar instead of Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 93November 23, 2020 4:43 PM

Kerry helped negotiate the Paris Agreement.

by Anonymousreply 94November 23, 2020 4:45 PM

Michigan board meeting at 1. Fully expecting them NOT to certify. The MI speaker of the house basically gave them the go ahead. The coup is progressing.

by Anonymousreply 95November 23, 2020 4:50 PM

It would be poetic justice if the Democrat Governor (aka "That Woman") would fire those who said "no" to certification and appointed others.

by Anonymousreply 96November 23, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote]By that photo of Linda Thomas-Greenfield, I'd say Kenan Thompson has a new character to play for the next four years.

Right. Because SNL so often does skits about the United Nations.

by Anonymousreply 97November 23, 2020 5:05 PM

R97- Takes shits in the guest toilet at parties and doesn't flush.

by Anonymousreply 98November 23, 2020 5:10 PM

Live stream of the MI Board of Canvassers meeting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2020 5:22 PM

They're taking public comments before voting, so this is going to take forever

by Anonymousreply 100November 23, 2020 5:25 PM

It appears possible that certification will happen today after all. The other Republican made a comment about the "duty" to certify.

So, it'll likely be 3-1, but it doesn't have to be a majority.

by Anonymousreply 101November 23, 2020 5:26 PM

The new WH Social Secretary has DL written all over him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 23, 2020 5:29 PM

The one MI guy is looking for ANY possible reason not to certify. He’s listing right wing talking points. What a mess. What is this person doing on this board?

by Anonymousreply 103November 23, 2020 6:01 PM

Sidney Powell has it on good authority that Biden will be conceding today.

You just can't make this shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 23, 2020 6:02 PM

Mrs. Betty Bowers @BettyBowers

EXCLUSIVE: Plans for the "Donald J. Trump Presidential Library" are revealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote]EXCLUSIVE: Plans for the "Donald J. Trump Presidential Library" are revealed.

FAKE! There's no way the presidential tanning booth would ONLY be $75.

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2020 6:06 PM

Two years ago Trump pardoned a turkey "who refused to concede"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 23, 2020 6:08 PM

In the basement (adult males only): "The Melania Pornologram." (8 minutes).

by Anonymousreply 108November 23, 2020 6:09 PM

R104, the comments to that post are hilarious:

Travis Akers @travisakers

Sidney Powell claims she has on "good authority" that Joe Biden will concede today and has already written his concession speech.

She also says she is releasing massive evidence of corruption today.

This even after the Trump campaign has denied she is part of their legal team.

Janet Messer @JZMesser Replying to @travisakers

Is there any chance she is mentally ill? I'm serious. Maybe bipolar or schizophrenic? If so, someone needs to get her help.

Karen Duffey @kduffey33 Replying to @travisakers

I hope she continues to spew nonsense and embarrass them further!

Groucho won by A LOT @GrouchoG Replying to @travisakers

I have it on good authority that I'm about to be appointed prime minister of Freedonia.

[Marx Brothers imaginary country reference]

that taylor girl @pdxwildflowers Replying to @travisakers Her cheese has slid completely off her cracker.

meanieMcB BLUE @LisaLuttrell14

I swear when I read your tweet, it somehow sounded like Vicki Lawrence's character "Momma" on the Carol Burnet show saying it! LOL!

sam @samiamsamh Replying to @travisakers

there must be someone in her life that can get her some help

Barbarian at the Gates @DarenCooper3 Replying to @travisakers

Sidney Powell is completely bonkers. And I mean choo choo for coco puffs.

Ruth Star of david#BLMFlag of United States @chavabell

I think you mean coup coup for Cocoa Puffs.

by Anonymousreply 109November 23, 2020 6:24 PM

The Democratic Party is a tent big enough for Rashia Tlaib and Anthony Blinken.

Move on haters.

by Anonymousreply 110November 23, 2020 6:28 PM

Agree, investigate what happened in South Carolina. Something went wrong here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2020 6:41 PM

Lindsey Graham trying to change the Georgia vote is beyond unethical. Georgia isn't South Carolina. She needs to keep her petticoat out of Georgia. There are a lot of questions about how votes went down in SC. Graham was not that popular.

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2020 6:46 PM

That Republican apparatus in SC runs everything in the state. An outside audit would find some interesting activity happened.

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2020 6:50 PM

It appears Janet Yellen is going to be Treasury Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Talib clarifies that she is mad at Pompeo and is asserting that she wants better from Biden/Blinken.

[quote] Sec. Pompeo has moved to suppress BDS, a peaceful protest movement protected by the 1st Amendment. I hope that Mr. Blinken and President-Elect Biden’s Administration will change course from Trump’s State Department & not target or suppress support of Palestinian human rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2020 7:14 PM

Stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2020 7:19 PM

r114 yes, hooray for Yellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2020 7:24 PM

We are in business (real estate, machine shop etc.) Despite generally being "Republican" etc., we've always been surprised how good business is when a dem gets in. Clintons turned out to be great after all and Obama gave us some good excuses to trim back on some "things". The dems are actually such a bunch of whores that business does alright once you figure out the "grease fittings" (if you know what I mean).

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2020 7:27 PM

Who is going to be Sec of Education?

by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2020 7:27 PM

I hope Yelen does NOT break the law and DOES release Trump's taxes to Congress.

We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 120November 23, 2020 7:29 PM

I can tell you his likely Token Republican pick is going to be Meg Whitman as Secretary of Commerce. She'll run as tight a ship as she did at Quibi,

by Anonymousreply 121November 23, 2020 7:32 PM

GA RECOUNT

OX 2 Detroit @FOX2News

A day after Georgia certifies its election results, President Trump's campaign is requesting a recount after the presidential race. This time, the recount would be done by high-speed scanners, not by hand.​

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 23, 2020 7:37 PM

Tlaib keeps friendly relationships with people who support terrorists.

So yes her statement on Blinken who is the grandson of a holocaust survivor is extremely questionable.

by Anonymousreply 123November 23, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote] I hope Yelen does NOT break the law and DOES release Trump's taxes to Congress.

Which is a great way to go about prosecution; rather than just the AG alone, by releasing everything to Congress that forces Cruz and Paul and anyone else running for reelection to have to defend him on the record.

by Anonymousreply 124November 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Black Detroit voters sue Donald Trump over attempt to nullify their votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 23, 2020 7:43 PM

Jonathan Oosting @jonathanoosting

Discrepancies in Detroit likely involve fewer than 500 votes in a state Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden won by more than 154,000.

That means an audit of Michigan results, as Republicans have urged, would only delay the process rather than change the outcome

by Anonymousreply 126November 23, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote]A day after Georgia certifies its election results, President Trump's campaign is requesting a recount after the presidential race. This time, the recount would be done by high-speed scanners, not by hand.​

So much losing!

by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote]That means an audit of Michigan results, as Republicans have urged, would only delay the process rather than change the outcome

That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2020 7:52 PM

Biden said from the outset he wanted his cabinet to be half women, but I'm starting to wonder if he'll end up with more than half. He's naming Yellen at Treasury, likely a woman for Defense, former ND Senator Heidi Heidtkamp is basically a lock for Agriculture, and everyone's pushing NM Congresswoman Deb Haaland, who would be the first Native American in the cabinet, for Interior.

by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2020 7:55 PM

For the millionth time, an audit cannot occur in Michigan until the vote is certified. They can’t delay certification to do an audit because that is legally impossible. This state board is simply a formality. The GOP guy holding it up is a liar and is just a dancing monkey for Trump. He should not even be in that room based on his conflicts of interest like his wife being a plaintiff in one of trumps fake lawsuits. If it’s a deadlocked decision (which it’s looking like it will NOT be) then a court will order them to certify. These four members have no standing to contest the results or ask for an audit. By law, they must certify.

by Anonymousreply 130November 23, 2020 7:56 PM

David Eggert @DavidEggert00

Derek Dobies, the mayor of Jackson, says he saw Republicans challengers at the TCF Center in Detroit training others to challenge all military ballots automatically.

by Anonymousreply 131November 23, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote]an audit cannot occur in Michigan until the vote is certified

That does seem like a stupid rule. What if the audit did uncover something shady? Can the certification be revoked?

by Anonymousreply 132November 23, 2020 8:02 PM

The selection of Amb. Linda Thomas-Greenfield demonstrates a welcome re-commitment to the patriots in our diplomatic service who have been demeaned and demoralized the last four years. Her presence at the UN will reflect a new and brighter day for US diplomacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 23, 2020 8:03 PM

Apparently, the latest craze on Parler is a pledge to write in Trump in the GA specials. God, I hope that comes to fruition.

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2020 8:06 PM

Marc E. Elias@marceelias

[quote]BREAKING: Pennsylvania Supreme Court AFFIRMS our 5 victories in Philadelphia and REVERSES our one loss in Allegheny County.

[quote]Trump and his allies are now 1-35 in post-election litigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 23, 2020 8:07 PM

Another Republican senator (Shelley Moore Capito, WV) says time for Trump to concede

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 23, 2020 8:07 PM

What does the “5 victories” refer to?

by Anonymousreply 137November 23, 2020 8:08 PM

Five court cases they've filed (and lost) in PA.

The transition put this out. I just love how they keep plugging away, not paying Trump any attention at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 23, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]Another Republican senator (Shelley Moore Capito, WV) says time for Trump to concede

Rob Portman said something similar.

I guess Carl Bernstein's tea-spilling about how many Senators hate him kind of opened the floodgates.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2020 8:14 PM

Did Emily Murphy show up today in congress?

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2020 8:16 PM

Capito wasn't on the list - sorry if repeating: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W. House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump & his fitness to be POTUS. They are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.

by Anonymousreply 141November 23, 2020 8:17 PM

No, probably because she didn't want to face Katie Porter.

by Anonymousreply 142November 23, 2020 8:18 PM

GSA Head Will Go Down As One The 'Great Obstructors' Of Our Time: Columnist | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 23, 2020 8:20 PM

R134 Unless they're using textspeech aren't most of them illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 144November 23, 2020 8:22 PM

R140 No, the fat bitch avoided it, by saying a deputy would brief them next week. Reps have demanded she brief them herself tomorrow, and respond by 5pm today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 23, 2020 8:25 PM

Apparently, the election in New York's 22 CD is such a shitshow, they may not actually be able to determine a winner. The Republican (who the incumbent Democrat defeated two years ago) was ahead by 106 votes heading into the recount, but now it seems that they can't determine which votes were included in the initial count and which weren't.

Can they order a special election?

by Anonymousreply 146November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

The other Republican is voting to certify.

It's over. Trump needs to concede.

by Anonymousreply 147November 23, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote] Kristen Holmes@KristenhCNN; GSA responds to Dems on briefing- Dep. Administrator will brief 4 requesting House Chairs & their Ranking Members, Monday 11/30, GSA spox tells CNN. GSA will also do in-person-only briefing for Senate Appropriations, Homeland Sec. & Gov Affairs Committees

Andrea Junker @Strandjunker; Friendly reminder that Republicans made Susan McDougal serve 18 months in prison for ignoring a subpoena to testify against the Clintons. So, what the hell are we waiting for? Subpoena @GSAEmilyMurphy immediately and have the House Sergeant of Arms take her into custody.

by Anonymousreply 148November 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Michigan's electors go to Joe Biden on a certification vote of 3-1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 23, 2020 8:34 PM

I would love to see that fat cunt go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 150November 23, 2020 8:34 PM

R149 Seems it was actually 3-0, with one abstention

by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2020 8:37 PM

I wonder if more GOP senators will crawl out from their caves now to talk more openly about Trump losing. It’s beyond over at this point.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote][R149] Seems it was actually 3-0, with one abstention

Even the koo-koo bananas guy couldn't vote "No?"

Someone needs to do a Barry Goldwater and just find a way to appease Trump into stopping. I mean, it's not going to work, but they should at least try.

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2020 8:44 PM

That pig from the GSA needs to be pulled out of her office by metro police and thrown in front of house democrats. And then afterwards she should be thrown in jail for conspiracy to commit murder. She has absolutely no excuse for not signing off on the transition. People will die because of that beluga whale.

by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote]Even the koo-koo bananas guy couldn't vote "No?"

Ah, I see. A "no" vote is only justified under the law if there's fraud. Absent any proof of fraud, it's a felony.

Guess he didn't love Trump that much.

by Anonymousreply 155November 23, 2020 8:51 PM

Dang. Trump even lost the DeVos family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 23, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]Michigan's electors go to Joe Biden on a certification vote of 3-1.

So much winning, eh, Donny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 23, 2020 8:58 PM

PA will certify at 7. And we can all unclench.

by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2020 9:05 PM

Apparently, Trump hasn't tweeted for close to 24 hours?

How do we read into that?

by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2020 9:09 PM

R158 maybe. I’m seeing on Twitter some counties may not certify. I’m not sure what happens with that

by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2020 9:11 PM

I'm glad Katie Porter is on our side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2020 9:22 PM

President Trump is worried that his campaign’s legal team, which is being led by his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, is comprised of “fools that are making him look bad,” @NBCNews reports.

by Anonymousreply 162November 23, 2020 10:06 PM

Probably the most sentient realization he has ever had r162.

by Anonymousreply 163November 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Emily Murphy relented

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 23, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote] NEW: GSA has informed president-elect Joe Biden the administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Ha, Dem Reps didn't take her bullshit over the meeting next week, and the threat of a subpoena worked

by Anonymousreply 166November 23, 2020 10:14 PM

Trump must be melting down. He’s totally silent. I expect even more GOP senators to speak up now

by Anonymousreply 167November 23, 2020 10:17 PM

Wow, her letter was really cunty.

by Anonymousreply 168November 23, 2020 10:17 PM

The behind the scenes pressure is working! Ding dong....

by Anonymousreply 169November 23, 2020 10:17 PM

Maybe that cow watched Olbermann and got her udders scared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 23, 2020 10:19 PM

Coup is over,

by Anonymousreply 171November 23, 2020 10:20 PM

Ha, somebody put the fear of God in the fat bitch!

by Anonymousreply 172November 23, 2020 10:23 PM

Yes I think the end of this nightmare is over. Trump’s tweet is the closest to a concession speech that we are gonna get

by Anonymousreply 173November 23, 2020 10:23 PM

Walter Shaub calls Fatty's passive-aggressive screed "the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen an agency put on letterhead."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 23, 2020 10:24 PM

[quote]Yes I think the end of this nightmare is over. Trump’s tweet is the closest to a concession speech that we are gonna get

He just sounds so defeated, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 175November 23, 2020 10:25 PM

The stupid bitch does realise her other potential employers will read that letter and think "fuck no am I hiring someone like that", right?

by Anonymousreply 176November 23, 2020 10:25 PM

Wait....is Trump admitting he told the fattie to sign the letter?

[quote]...fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, [bold]I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols[/bold], and have told my team to do the same

So much for that independence, huh Emily?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 23, 2020 10:27 PM

That FAT, hideous pig bitch didn’t refer to Biden as president elect. What a disgusting pig. She needs to be run out of town by an angry mob with pitchforks on the 20th

by Anonymousreply 178November 23, 2020 10:27 PM

"...Guess it's over, the chips are down. Nearly all our bridges tumbled down. Whatever chance we try, let's face it, why deny. It's over. It's all over. It's over..."

by Anonymousreply 179November 23, 2020 10:27 PM

Bill Cassidy, one of the senators from LA said unambiguously that Biden won.

The dam has broken.

by Anonymousreply 180November 23, 2020 10:27 PM

God I can't wait for his Post-Presidency legal hell.

by Anonymousreply 181November 23, 2020 10:29 PM

That tweet was not written by him. But I am sure he approved it and demanded that they include the bit about still winning.

by Anonymousreply 182November 23, 2020 10:31 PM

Now onto the corrupt pardons phase of the presidential transition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 23, 2020 10:33 PM

It was definitely not written by him. Too polished. Read her letter. It was written by the White House. She’s doing exactly what she’s been told to do in exchange for a presidential pardon via Twitter. He’s called off his nasty dogs now that she’s caved. To protect her from the worst of his rabid gang.

by Anonymousreply 184November 23, 2020 10:33 PM

I mean, I'm normally not one to add to the DL body shaming, but honestly, shame away.

by Anonymousreply 185November 23, 2020 10:34 PM

R182. for sure. But the writing is on the wall now. Chump is surely feeling the knives in his back from many party members who despise him. This is a day to rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 186November 23, 2020 10:35 PM

Any pardon considered corrupt needs to absolutely be challenged in court. Those things can not be unchallenged or allowed to stand.

by Anonymousreply 187November 23, 2020 10:36 PM

Maggie Haberman said this is trumps concession. The loss in PA made him realize Rudy was lying about their actual chances. His aides urged him to start the transition before thanksgiving.

It’s over everyone!!!!

by Anonymousreply 188November 23, 2020 10:39 PM

Biden campaign statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 23, 2020 10:40 PM

The turkey pardoning is tomorrow, so Trump is going to have to show his face in public, bwahahaha

by Anonymousreply 190November 23, 2020 10:41 PM

Michigan's lesbian AG, Dana Nessel, says it perfectly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 23, 2020 10:42 PM

I am hopeful from that last line from the Biden team statement about determining how fucked up Trump made the government.

by Anonymousreply 192November 23, 2020 10:43 PM

What happened to all of out "IT's OVER! Trump is getting the Electoral College!" "The COUP succeeded!" Trolls?

They sure are silent today.

by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2020 10:44 PM

The best Thanksgiving ever (except for the poor turkey of course).

by Anonymousreply 194November 23, 2020 10:46 PM

Apparently, things are not going over well in QAnon and Trumpland on Reddit.

Which honestly scares me a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 23, 2020 10:48 PM

It holds up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 23, 2020 10:53 PM

R195, this phase is a bit unnerving, isn’t it.

by Anonymousreply 197November 23, 2020 10:54 PM

I requested the next 4 days off months ago. And NOW I have a reason to truly celebrate!!! Forget about turkey and ham! It's steak and lobster time!

by Anonymousreply 198November 23, 2020 10:54 PM

Surf and turf while Trump turfs out at last. But no surf for him. Indictments instead.

by Anonymousreply 199November 23, 2020 10:56 PM

I wish the statement at R189 had read something like "The GSA has ascertained President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris as the apparent winners, albeit in an extremely fat and cunty way."

by Anonymousreply 200November 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Who’s watching cunt Jenna Ellis on Ari Melber??

What a fucking lying asshole. She should be disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 201November 23, 2020 11:01 PM

R201, it doesn’t even sound like lying - it is just full-on delusional public access TV ranting.

by Anonymousreply 202November 23, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote]What a fucking lying asshole.

With a propensity for unladlylike language unbecoming a good Christian woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203November 23, 2020 11:05 PM

Bill Cassidy has acknowledged Biden as president elect. Seems like Michigan was the last hope. The dam has been broken. It’s over

by Anonymousreply 204November 23, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote] What happened to all of out "IT's OVER! Trump is getting the Electoral College!" "The COUP succeeded!" Trolls? They sure are silent today.

I blocked most of them, which is probably why they're silent for me.

by Anonymousreply 205November 23, 2020 11:20 PM

R204, I would love for this to be over, but I don’t think so. Thankfully, the Biden administration is moving along, but I think we can continue to expect chaos through January.

by Anonymousreply 206November 23, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote]Apparently, things are not going over well in QAnon and Trumpland on Reddit. Which honestly scares me a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote] Emily Murphy relented.

I imagine someone described to her what prison food is like.

by Anonymousreply 208November 23, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote] I don't want to seem pushy or ungrateful or anything, but Trump Republicans only have about 6 more weeks to roll out their comprehensive national healthcare plan.

[quote] I'm just saying, getting kinda tight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 23, 2020 11:24 PM

Plus they have to release his tax returns AND have Infrastructure Week.

by Anonymousreply 210November 23, 2020 11:25 PM

There is NO WAY Trump wrote these tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 23, 2020 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 23, 2020 11:27 PM

I agree r211. Wonder if he's in a drug-addled haze somewhere and Jared and Ivanka are just saying, it's time. enough of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 213November 23, 2020 11:32 PM

Failing up and grifting.

[quote]Ascendent Fox rival Newsmax has attracted attention lately as being a possible takeover target for Trump allies, but Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy has denied he would convert his network to Trump TV. And it’s not out of the question that Trump and Fox could reach détente. According to two sources, Trump’s attacks on Fox News are causing alarm in the Murdoch family. Fox chairman Rupert Murdoch is considering a plan to offer Trump a $100 million package that would include HarperCollins publishing Trump’s post-presidential memoir and Fox News giving Trump a contributor deal or his own show, the sources say. On November 10, the Murdoch-owned New York Post reported Trump could land a $100 million book advance, but made no mention of the Murdochs. “Rupert is going to make a humongous offer,” one of the sources said. “The thinking is, Let’s buy Trump off so he shuts the fuck up.” Fox Corp. did not provide a comment. However, a source close to the publishing company denied it would make an offer for Trump’s memoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 23, 2020 11:34 PM

Will be interesting to see if Moscow Mitch issues a statement. Or is he dead already?

by Anonymousreply 215November 23, 2020 11:35 PM

The Independent: Dianne Feinstein to step down as top Democrat on Senate Judiciary Committee following SCOTUS backlash

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California has announced she will not pursue the top position among Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“After serving as the lead Democrat on the Judiciary Committee for four years, I will not seek the chairmanship or ranking member position in the next Congress," the 87-year-old said on Monday.

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin of Illinois is next in line to take the top position for the Democratic Party in the Senate Judiciary Committee, followed by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island.

by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2020 11:37 PM

Good, R216. Her behavior during the ACB confirmation hearings was abhorrent.

by Anonymousreply 217November 23, 2020 11:39 PM

What happened, r217? (I didn't follow the proceedings.)

by Anonymousreply 218November 23, 2020 11:40 PM

Cenk Uygur said he thinks that certain CEOS went to Trump and said, "Okay, you've had your fun, now get the fuck out of here."

by Anonymousreply 219November 23, 2020 11:40 PM

Diane is probably a very nice lady. But she is 87 years old. She does not belong in the senate. She is not up for the fight. I suspect she will not finish her term and will resign in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 220November 23, 2020 11:42 PM

I can't spoil this tweet, but you should click on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2020 11:43 PM

Rick Hasen, Mr. Practicing Attorney @rickhasen

First thing to note about the Trump campaign brief in the 3rd Circuit: it throws Trump's prior counsel under the bus for "incorrectly omitt[ing] numerous allegations and counts"

Key point: the Trump brief says it is not trying to disenfranchise 6.8 million PA voters, "just" throw out about 70,000 votes. BUT it also asks ultimately for court to void election, and let PA legislature choose electors. That IS disenfranchising 6.8 million PA voters.

The brief is procedurally weird, asking casually for a preliminary injunction or temporary restraining order. Trump campaign should be asking for an injunction pending appeal if it wants preliminary relief. But it doesn't. It wants remand to reconsider proposed amended complaint

May have to ask the @nytimes to correct my oped which says there's "nothing funny" about these efforts to steal the election and suppress the vote. Some of the Trump campaign's filings are making me laugh out loud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 23, 2020 11:46 PM

This is so surreal...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Trump Campaign’s Actual Argument in Appeals Court: We’re Only Trying to Disenfranchise Up to 1.5 Million Voters, Not 6 Million Pennsylvanians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Maybe the GSA transition was within each and every one of us all along

by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2020 11:48 PM

Is PA still certifying tonight?

by Anonymousreply 226November 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Me responding to the GSA letter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 23, 2020 11:54 PM

The Independent: Ironically enough, it’s Rudy Giuliani who has ties to Venezuela

In fact, the disgraced former NYC mayor was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to lobby for Chavez in 2007 when the strongman was still alive.

As was widely reported at the time, Giuliani’s law firm, Bracewell and Giuliani, was hired by the Hugo Chavez government to lobby on behalf of Citgo Petroleum Corp., the US subsidiary of Venezuela’s oil company PDVSA (Petroleos de Venezuela) — and Chavez’s biggest cash cow.

And Giuliani’s work with the regime didn’t stop there. In recent years, he has been a go-to lawyer for corrupt Venezuelans linked to chavismo and looking to escape international money-laundering charges or sanctions.

Giuliani has been helping those who defrauded Venezuela out — all while being the lawyer of the US president who has presented himself as “tough” on chavismo and Castro-communism.

He represented Alejandro Betancourt López in a Justice Department investigation into alleged money laundering in Florida. Betancourt Lopez is know as one of Venezuela’s “boli-burgueses,” those who became part of the country’s new bourgeoisie thanks to the “socialist” Bolivarian revolution. He is well-known among Venezuelans as one of the biggest beneficieries of chavista corruption. .... Giuliani already had a relationship with Betancourt, having stayed at his estate in Madrid as Giuliani worked to get dirt on Ukrainian-linked corruption and Joe Biden, per Trump’s request.

by Anonymousreply 228November 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Haven't we all figured out that everything they accuse Democrats of doing, the Republicans are actually doing it.

by Anonymousreply 229November 24, 2020 12:06 AM

R219 that’s exactly what happened. Not to Trump but business leaders told the GOP they would not be getting any money for the GA runoffs if the transition to Biden did not begin

by Anonymousreply 230November 24, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote]President Trump is worried that his campaign’s legal team, which is being led by his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, is comprised of “fools that are making him look bad,” @NBCNews reports.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 231November 24, 2020 12:12 AM

Miss Lindsey has been completely and utterly humiliated. She risked her entire career to try to rig this for Trump only to have the argument switch to “Hugo Chavez created this voting scam and the CIA is in on it”. I hope Biden puts her on the “ignore” list because you know January 20th at 12:01pm Miss Lindsey will be calling her “old friend” Biden to suck up to him

by Anonymousreply 232November 24, 2020 12:14 AM

La Lady Lindz has humiliated herself throughout. Begging for money, sucking the the fat orange ass and then getting caught being an interloper trying to influence others to cheat. Disgusting cow she showed herself to be. Even through we all already knew.

by Anonymousreply 233November 24, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote]Miss Lindsey has been completely and utterly humiliated.

Richly deserved. Miss Lindsey can't be terribly bright to have bet everything on that pathetic old orange nag coming out a winner.

by Anonymousreply 234November 24, 2020 12:39 AM

[quote]The thinking is, Let’s buy Trump off so he shuts the fuck up.

Because Trump is so well known for his loyalty and ability to keep his word.

by Anonymousreply 235November 24, 2020 12:40 AM

True, r235, and also greedy as he is there is one thing he needs more than money: attention.

by Anonymousreply 236November 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Diane Feinstein stepping down as the lead Democrat on the Senate Justice Committee.

by Anonymousreply 237November 24, 2020 12:53 AM

Illinois senior Sen. Dick Durbin said Monday he’ll seek the position of top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee — a spot that could become the chairmanship following two Georgia contests early next year that will decide party control of the chamber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 24, 2020 12:56 AM

Christina Bobb chairs the Weekly Briefing on OAN. She’s also a lawyer by trade. And in recent days, she’s been spotted by several Trump officials at their office in the conference room with the rest of the president’s team. Her presence has caused a bit of confusion among actual campaign staff, who wondered if she was there to embed with the Trump legal “strike force” as a reporter.

But according to multiple knowledgeable sources, Bobb has actually been assisting the president’s long, long, long-shot legal effort—effectively taking on a secondary role as a pro-Trump lawyer even as she continues her job as a pro-Trump TV host.

Bobb’s cozy relationship with the president’s legal team may be the most brazen example of the cozy relationship Trump and his campaign have maintained with members of conservative media. But it’s hardly the first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 24, 2020 1:03 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Here's Why the Rule of Law Requires Trump Be Prosecuted Upon Leaving Office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 24, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] Emily Murphy relented.

[quote]I imagine someone described to her what prison food is like.

I get the impression she'd care more about the quantity of food than the quality.

by Anonymousreply 241November 24, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote]They are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.

So how many of them would actually vote for removal now?

by Anonymousreply 242November 24, 2020 1:14 AM

The 2020 election answered the question as to whether the political realignment of the suburbs was situational or permanent. Many educated, well-off suburbanites did not like Trump. But many of them voted Republican downballot. They haven’t rejected the GOP. They rejected Trump.

by Anonymousreply 243November 24, 2020 1:20 AM

The 2020 election answered the question as to whether the political realignment of the suburbs was situational or permanent. Many educated, well-off suburbanites did not like Trump. But many of them voted Republican downballot. They haven’t rejected the GOP. They rejected Trump.

by Anonymousreply 244November 24, 2020 1:20 AM

this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 24, 2020 1:20 AM

try that again....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 24, 2020 1:22 AM

sorry, 3rd time's a charm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 24, 2020 1:24 AM

The official transition website, BuildBackBetter now has a .gov address. It's real now.

by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2020 2:15 AM

According to Maggie Haberman, it seems like Mark Meadows is the one who is making sure the transition happens. He had a phone call with Trump this morning and told him that he needed to start moving on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2020 2:48 AM

[quote]Apparently, Trump hasn't tweeted for close to 24 hours? How do we read into that?

You know what? You don't.

You expend no more mental or emotional energy on this orange clown.

Because it's done. It's over, and he won't hurt you anymore.

by Anonymousreply 250November 24, 2020 3:42 AM

We should have a Concession Ball.

by Anonymousreply 251November 24, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote]The turkey pardoning is tomorrow, so Trump is going to have to show his face in public, bwahahaha

Sources say the turkey is refusing to pardon him.

by Anonymousreply 252November 24, 2020 3:44 AM

Politico:

Biden’s pick for Defense Secretary is still in flux. Biden has wavered on Michèle Flournoy, with whom he is not personally close and has deep ties to the defense industry. Jeh Johnson is now also a leading contender for the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 24, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote]I am hopeful from that last line from the Biden team statement about determining how fucked up Trump made the government.

Yes, read that last line at the r189 link again.

There are multiple reasons it's there.

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2020 3:45 AM

Morning Consult Poll:

Fox News’ Popularity Slips Among Republicans in Wake of Election

The network’s average favorability rating among Republicans dropped from 67% to 54%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2020 3:50 AM

There was absolutely no cause for Rep. Tlaib to comment whatsoever other than to express congratulations. There is nothing to be gained by a Democratic politician by pre-emptively and implicitly criticizing the choices and actions of a Democratic President-Elect.

IOW, hold your anti-Semitic horses (and under the ridiculous pretext of having one's freedom of speech curtailed....by a Democrat!) until they're justified in being let loose.

And please; she's a Muslim. Don't give me that "She's against Zionists, not all Jewish people" falsehood.

by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2020 3:52 AM

Susan rice would never, ever be confirmed by a GOP senate. She is a non starter

by Anonymousreply 257November 24, 2020 3:54 AM

R256 She knew exactly what she was doing. Including her follow-up tweet. It was deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2020 3:55 AM

That Murphy cow, who should be told that Trump hates women who look like her, added that condescending penultimate statement TO THE PRESIDENT-ELECT that "I remind you" that there are financial reporting requirements

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2020 4:02 AM

....as though the Biden Team are the financial cheats there.

by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2020 4:03 AM

Bill Scher:

Biden is the 1st Democratic President since '63 to be separated from the previous Dem by 4 years or less.

And he's the first elected Dem since the Civil War who didn't run as an outsider

Two factors which give him access to a highly experienced talent pool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 24, 2020 4:04 AM

The extension of deplorableism is to not have any news at all. Just talking heads that go along with whatever the Republican guests say. I have been watching clips from OANN and NewsMax for entertainment. It’s really flat out parody although they don’t realize it. They literally have still been putting up maps showing that Trump is ahead. We are entering a really unknown period. Thank God for that young Michigan attorney.

by Anonymousreply 262November 24, 2020 4:09 AM

William LeGate:

There is a growing movement on Parler of Georgia Trump supporters vowing to write his name in for the Senate run-offs, in protest of the "rigged" vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 24, 2020 4:12 AM

R253, "Deep ties to the defense industry" means "war equals profits." Shades of the Bechtel and Halliburton days.

by Anonymousreply 264November 24, 2020 4:13 AM

How wonderful is it to see qualified names being tapped to run government again. Finally, sane Americans will be able to get a good night's sleep again.

by Anonymousreply 265November 24, 2020 4:18 AM

[quote] And please; she's a Muslim. Don't give me that "She's against Zionists, not all Jewish people" falsehood.

Gaslighting of the lowest order from a confirmed bigot. It’s like saying, “that dirty nigger, he hates all white people.”

by Anonymousreply 266November 24, 2020 4:19 AM

Jordan Weissmann (Slate):

My quick take to the coup discourse: We just watched the president spend ~3 weeks trying to overturn an election, with barely a peep from his own party. Unless you think the GOP would have been more vocal if Trump had a real chance of succeeding, it bodes poorly for our future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 24, 2020 4:32 AM

Trump unfortunately is laying the groundwork for tyranny. He doesn’t give a shit about anything but himself. I am hoping he croaks because they won’t know what to do. That kind of narcissistic popular reality show freak is hopefully once in a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 268November 24, 2020 4:48 AM

The coup isn’t over yet. We are still waiting on Sidney Powell’s court filings.

by Anonymousreply 269November 24, 2020 4:49 AM

Anthony Scaramucci:

Never forget how dangerous and abnormal this all was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270November 24, 2020 4:50 AM

She’s only going to drop a turd.

by Anonymousreply 271November 24, 2020 4:51 AM

What is Cuomo's problem. He stresses me out like he just wants to fuck everything.

by Anonymousreply 272November 24, 2020 5:10 AM

R266 Are you really calling someone else a bigot when you're unnecessarily using the n word?

by Anonymousreply 273November 24, 2020 5:33 AM

R266, STFU. I'm not a bigot, never mind a "confirmed" one. And your ridiculous attempt at an analogy implies that the word "Muslim" is the equivalent of the n-word. Your words, not mine.

Moreover, I have never in my 71 years even once uttered that word, doubt it if you want. I have voted for the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, and, of course, Kamala Harris.

But I will never countenance anti-Semitism. Indeed, I consider myself a Zionist, one who has read extensively on the 20th C. history of the Holocaust, the Balfour Agreement, Trans-Jordan, Israel, Palestine, the expulsion from Trans-Jordan of Palestinians ( the origin of "Black September"), the Arab-Israeli Wars, and Palestinian (and sympathizing foreign groups, such as Baader-Meinhof and the Red Army) terror attacks on civilians ( school's, planes, trains, and automobiles).

To a devout Muslim, Jews are as described in the Surahs: apes and pigs.

by Anonymousreply 274November 24, 2020 6:13 AM

It is amazing how fast she made her "assessment" after Biden was awarded over 270 CERTIFIED Electoral Votes.

Today Biden went from candidate, through assessed winner to President Elect.

Next step December 14th and the Electoral college formal vote.

January 6th, Congressional count and certification.

Trump officially lost today, 11.23.2020.

by Anonymousreply 275November 24, 2020 6:46 AM

Please don't infest this thread with that shit, r274. Getting into Zionism pissing matches is the fastest way to a FF.

I've been predicting since Nov 4 that Trump would tear the GOP apart. I never imagined that it would happen just a few weeks after the election.

by Anonymousreply 276November 24, 2020 6:54 AM

R270

Says the money-grubbing famewhore who would still be working for Trump if he hadn't been fired.

It's appalling that he and Omarosa are being legitimized and given a public voice after they magically decided to 'see the light' after being fired from that grotesque administration.

by Anonymousreply 277November 24, 2020 7:09 AM

Michigan certified that Biden won!

by Anonymousreply 278November 24, 2020 7:20 AM

Muslim is not a race R266, Islam is a religious ideology and therefore it's absolutely fine criticizing it.

by Anonymousreply 279November 24, 2020 8:12 AM

[quote]such as Baader-Meinhof

We were just talking about this!

by Anonymousreply 280November 24, 2020 11:22 AM

Is this meeting of Netanyahu, MBS and Pompeo a coincidence on the day the transition starts? Wouldn’t it be something if Trump flees to Saudi Arabia? I don’t think Israel would take him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 24, 2020 11:28 AM

[quote]Miss Lindsey has been completely and utterly humiliated.

If the last four years have proved anything, it's that Republican lawmakers are incapable of feeling humiliation or shame.

by Anonymousreply 282November 24, 2020 11:56 AM

Laura Ingraham having to let her viewers down gently and acknowledge that Biden is going to be President...*chef's kiss*.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 24, 2020 12:06 PM

Trump is also retweeting Randy Quaid this morning.

Randy Quaid appears to have, if such a thing is possible, lost even more of his mind.

by Anonymousreply 284November 24, 2020 12:28 PM

He seems to be auditioning for Sidney Powell’s role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 24, 2020 12:35 PM

I have a hunch that Newsmax has a Twitter movement to lure the Fox weary deplorables to their channel..or website, whatever...a lot of outrageous twitter claims are followed by “read it on Newsmax, real news!”

I hope they eat each other.

by Anonymousreply 286November 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Ahh yes. It will soon be filed. The truth will be exposed in the near future. We are going to blow the lid off this next week.

And they still fall for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 24, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote]There is a growing movement on Parler of Georgia Trump supporters vowing to write his name in for the Senate run-offs, in protest of the "rigged" vote

That could be super helpful. It should be encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 288November 24, 2020 1:10 PM

R288, that sounds like Russian trolls. Parler is a perfect site for them, they can say anything and have a clueless audience that will agree with anything they say, no matter how ridiculous. Putin just wants to stir up shit. He’s probably tired of Trump by now anyway.

by Anonymousreply 289November 24, 2020 1:21 PM

The main thing Trump is accomplishing with all these recounts and lawsuits is to make it appear he’s losing the same state elections over and over, and constantly reminding people of his losses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290November 24, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote]I hope they eat each other.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 291November 24, 2020 1:34 PM

There is no write in line on the run off ballots in GA, so that effort by Roger Stone is dumb as hell. You have to make a choice

by Anonymousreply 292November 24, 2020 1:36 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to write "Trump" somewhere else on the ballot and insist that that counts.

by Anonymousreply 293November 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Hopefully they will be discouraged from showing up. You gotta figure his hardcore supporters are exhausted and disappointed and very likely to stay home.

by Anonymousreply 294November 24, 2020 1:53 PM

I can help thin their ranks!

by Anonymousreply 295November 24, 2020 1:55 PM

The transition is not being set up to help Biden. Quite the opposite actually.

A political hack who has been at the DOD for two weeks is heading the transition there. What a sham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 24, 2020 2:07 PM

Samantha Bee essential fingers herself while talking to Tish James about what's going to happen in January.

The funny thing is, I don't think she's playing it up for the camera. I think she's legitimately relieved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 24, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]The transition is not being set up to help Biden. Quite the opposite actually.

They seem to have been prepped for every roadblock, including setting aside campaign funds to help with their part of the transition on the (correct) assumption that Trump would play games. I'm sure that they have a plan.

by Anonymousreply 298November 24, 2020 2:11 PM

"Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled."

Filled with what?

by Anonymousreply 299November 24, 2020 2:21 PM

KFC.

by Anonymousreply 300November 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Adam Klasfeld@KlasfeldReports

[quote]The federal lawsuit in Washington, D.C. against the Trump campaign over its efforts to overturn the results of a free and fair election just was assigned to... U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, the jurist presiding over the Michael Flynn case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 24, 2020 2:42 PM

A little late there, should've been done when Trumpists started boycotting House invitations and subpoenas. This is on Nancy.

Ted Lieu @tedlieu

Why did @GSAEmily ignore the Democratic request for a briefing today? BECAUSE CONGRESSIONAL SUBPOENAS ARE MEANINGLESS. It takes **years** to litigate a subpoena. We can fix this by changing the House Rules to allow Inherent Contempt power to fine witnesses who ignore Congress.

by Anonymousreply 302November 24, 2020 2:51 PM

PA has officially certified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 24, 2020 3:04 PM

It's over. We did it.

by Anonymousreply 304November 24, 2020 3:04 PM

r302, unless there is a Democratically appointed AD who REISSUES those subpoenas and sends people to jail.

by Anonymousreply 305November 24, 2020 3:25 PM

That big fat sow Emily Murphy must be held accountable for her obstruction of the Democratic process and the reckless endangerment she put 330 million Americans in by her blocking a covid vaccine program by almost 3 weeks. How many deaths will that delay result in?

by Anonymousreply 306November 24, 2020 3:27 PM

Biden-Harris becomes first presidential ticket in history to surpass 80 million votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 24, 2020 3:28 PM

Biden-Harris becomes first presidential ticket in history to surpass 80 million votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 24, 2020 3:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 24, 2020 3:28 PM

I wonder what is going on in Trump’s pea sized brain right now.

by Anonymousreply 310November 24, 2020 3:44 PM

This election wasn’t even close

by Anonymousreply 311November 24, 2020 3:46 PM

The Dow topping 30,000 for the first time today, in the wake of MI and PA's certification of the Biden win, must be driving Trump crazy ... er, crazier.

by Anonymousreply 312November 24, 2020 3:52 PM

Whether or not Trump is doing all of this just out of sheer pettiness & revenge, what someone needs to get through his previously orange skull is that THIS will define his legacy. Same goes for those in his inner circle. For someone who is so hung up on image and optics, this whole thing just seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 313November 24, 2020 4:25 PM

He walked into the briefing room, made a weird statement about vaccines and the stock market, and then walked out.

Even for him, this is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 314November 24, 2020 4:39 PM

Nevada has certified.

by Anonymousreply 315November 24, 2020 4:41 PM

The Boston Globe put out an editorial saying that no one really wants to see him dragged out of the White House.

Not only do I want that, I want Gritty and Stacey Abrams to be the ones doing the dragging.

by Anonymousreply 316November 24, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote]I wonder what is going on in Trump’s pea sized brain right now.

"Mmmmm, doughnuts."

by Anonymousreply 317November 24, 2020 4:51 PM

Before the dragging, r316, I want the preliminary slap line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 24, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]The Boston Globe put out an editorial saying that no one really wants to see him dragged out of the White House.

I not only want to see it, I would pay a lot of money to stream it live.

by Anonymousreply 319November 24, 2020 4:53 PM

B- b- but his crowds were so big. The enthusiasm was just... [*sobs*]

by Anonymousreply 320November 24, 2020 4:56 PM

These people are serious. I am grateful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 24, 2020 4:58 PM

^^ What fun!!! ^^

by Anonymousreply 322November 24, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote]Nevada has certified.

And Trump is certifiable.

The universe, at last, is unfolding as it should.

by Anonymousreply 323November 24, 2020 5:07 PM

Biden is holding a press conference - formally announcing his cabinet picks. Doing pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 324November 24, 2020 5:17 PM

How can you say that r324? He hasn't insulted anybody yet!

by Anonymousreply 325November 24, 2020 5:21 PM

Biden’s SOS pick has a bit of a daddy thing going on...I’m into it

by Anonymousreply 326November 24, 2020 5:21 PM

It is so refreshing to hear these people speak. We will actually have a functioning government again

by Anonymousreply 327November 24, 2020 5:23 PM

Man, did the story about his stepfather surviving the Holocaust get me.

by Anonymousreply 328November 24, 2020 5:24 PM

IS PETE THERE??????

by Anonymousreply 329November 24, 2020 5:27 PM

R314 Bizarre indeed. He looked and sounded defeated. It almost seemed like he went out to concede, but then backed out. Either that or he was trolling, which I wouldn't put past them at this point.

by Anonymousreply 330November 24, 2020 5:58 PM

R319 I'll settle for nothing less than the full Mussolini treatment.

by Anonymousreply 331November 24, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]He looked and sounded defeated.

There's actually a very good reason for this. But shouldn't he be feeling upbeat, with all that irrefutable evidence he's about to release proving that the election was rigged?

by Anonymousreply 332November 24, 2020 6:03 PM

You aint see nothin' yet

by Anonymousreply 333November 24, 2020 6:03 PM

R321 They sure are dumb. Unless Dump were to move to Georgia before the election, he wouldn't meet the residency requirement specified in the U.S. Constitution.

Well, I guess that would be one way to get him out of the White House now.

by Anonymousreply 334November 24, 2020 6:11 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Michigan Certifies Biden, Barr Goes Underground & McConnell Picks Judges Over Suffering Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335November 24, 2020 6:18 PM

I wonder if he's starting to pack his stuff, just to "put it into storage." Like how he went down into the bunker just to "take a look" around.

by Anonymousreply 336November 24, 2020 6:30 PM

Burn her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 24, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote]When J.J. Abrams commented about adding gay characters to “Star Wars,” Ellis responded, “Why not also a Christian? Or a Muslim? Or a pedophile? Or every other representation of any subculture, belief and lifestyle?"

Well, at least she admits that christianity is a subculture.

by Anonymousreply 338November 24, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote] He looked and sounded defeated

But he IS, Blanche! He IS!

by Anonymousreply 339November 24, 2020 6:36 PM

Trump’s one minute speech reminded me when I used to have sex with him many years ago. I still have nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 340November 24, 2020 6:45 PM

Carl Bernstein names 21 Republican senators who privately expressed contempt for Trump

They were: Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Martha McSally (Arizona), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 24, 2020 7:03 PM

[quote] They were: Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Martha McSally (Arizona), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama).

Two observations:

McSally has been one of 45's most loyal ass-kissers...and then he oh so publicly dissed her during the AZ rally in the last day before the election.

Tim Scott had a highly publicized, prime speaking slot during the GOP convention. I wonder if he had a hard time cashing the check since it didn't have his name on it and was only made out to "Token".

by Anonymousreply 342November 24, 2020 7:16 PM

Julian Zelizer (Historian at Princeton University):

Trump's attempt to overturn the election failed. But things to remember: POTUS tried to overturn the election while most Republicans supported him. It's time to turn to the transition, but not to turn the page. This was unprecedented and dangerous. It was also a partisan thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Raphael Warnock delivers a clean, effective political ad.

This may be one of my favorite ads ever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 24, 2020 7:51 PM

Wall Street Journal:

President Trump won only 9 of the 100 largest US counties, down from 13 in 2016. That’s the latest sign of how white-collar, metropolitan America is separating from the less-thriving places beyond the big metros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 24, 2020 8:02 PM

Marc E. Elias:

BREAKING: Nevada Court REJECTS Republican challenge to the use of mail ballot processing machine and request for new election.

Trump and his allies are now 1-36 in post election litigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 24, 2020 8:06 PM

That is BRILLIANT, r344.

by Anonymousreply 347November 24, 2020 8:07 PM

We can not underestimate the revelation from Bernstein. 21 names is significant ! Especially for this highly secretive party which sticks close to the vest publicly. He is hated by the majority in power (dems+repubs). 1+1=2. Time to go

by Anonymousreply 348November 24, 2020 8:10 PM

Aaron Rupar:

Making a big deal out of the stock market hitting a record high the day after you concede your reelection contest is a remarkable self-own

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 24, 2020 8:10 PM

Where does the money come from, for all these lawyers filing court challenges to the elections in each state?

by Anonymousreply 350November 24, 2020 8:14 PM

Check your pockets r350.

by Anonymousreply 351November 24, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote]Where does the money come from

The campaign has been paying for those.

by Anonymousreply 352November 24, 2020 8:26 PM

They announced that Biden will be getting the PDBs starting tomorrow.

And I bet he'll not only read them, they won't have to make them primarily pictures.

by Anonymousreply 353November 24, 2020 8:28 PM

R352. Not entirely true. Some costs for recounts in close elections are paid by the tax payers (you and me)

by Anonymousreply 354November 24, 2020 8:31 PM

Chump right now:

"Oh, ain't it funny how the tables turn. When things aren't goin' your way? But when love runs out and the pain walks in. And settles for a stay, ooh.

(If you think you're lonely now). Lord, help me, I feel like I wanna testify. (Wait until tonight....,"

by Anonymousreply 355November 24, 2020 8:37 PM

WSJ: President Trump has publicly vowed to keep up the fight to overturn the election. Privately, advisers say, the president has suggested he knows...”

@jonathanchait The Trump line shifts from "the election was stolen" to "my fans who believe the election was stolen need reassurance"

by Anonymousreply 356November 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Oops! Sorry! I meant Melania! SHE is singing these words right now!

by Anonymousreply 357November 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Yes, R354. Trump’s challenges to the election are burning up millions of dollars that mostly come from taxpayers. The campaign is not paying for statewide recounts; we are. We are also paying for the court system that has to deal with Trump’s absurd lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 358November 24, 2020 8:52 PM

The only reason why Republicans fell in line behind Trump is because that's what they always do. Absolute party unity is at the heart of the Republican political machine's success. He's not some kind of wizard of political theater. He's a massive fuckup.

by Anonymousreply 359November 24, 2020 9:02 PM

The Republicans stood by and enabled this fucking Madman to commit treason and it's unforgivable.

They have to be taught a lesson and I can't think of a better way than for them to lose the two seats in Georgia in January so McTurtle loses all his power. Power has completely corrupted the GOP and they need to be squashed in the runoff.

by Anonymousreply 360November 24, 2020 9:12 PM

Trump is like cigarettes. Addicts can’t stop or make excuses even though smoking causes cancer. Once he’s out, the media need to 100% ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 361November 24, 2020 9:12 PM

This is interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 24, 2020 9:15 PM

NYT:

.@nytimes calculates that since Nov. 3, Trump has posted about 400 tweets in which he tried to undermine the integrity of the election results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 24, 2020 9:15 PM

This probably won't get to anyone other than me, but I noticed that the little info box on the side of the Wikipedia article for Vice President of the United States has been updated. Where it lists the style of address, it now reads "Mr. or Madam Vice President." And I know it didn't used to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 24, 2020 9:16 PM

I bet Trump thinks he can just delete all his tweets on January 20th and post "Moved to Parler" and the evidence will magically disappear. Surprise, asshole. Offical presidential record.

by Anonymousreply 365November 24, 2020 9:18 PM

Madam seems so old-fashioned. It just seems archaic. The male equivalent to Madam is Sir, not Mister. Why not Ms. Vice President, which would be the actual equivalent?

by Anonymousreply 366November 24, 2020 9:23 PM

Or we could really trigger people and have her demand to be addressed as "Mx VP."

by Anonymousreply 367November 24, 2020 9:24 PM

How about no gender based titles?

Vice President Harris

by Anonymousreply 368November 24, 2020 9:25 PM

Blast from the past election: Fox News reaches settlement with parents of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich.

[quote]Fox News on Tuesday settled a lawsuit over its promotion of unfounded conspiracy theories about the 2016 murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. As of September, Fox stars like Hannity and Fox Business host Lou Dobbs were scheduled to be deposed in the case, but the settlement means those depositions won’t be made public. The terms of Fox’s settlement with Rich’s parents—including any potential payment from Fox—weren’t publicly disclosed.

Bummer there won't be depositions of Hannity and Lou Dobbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 24, 2020 9:25 PM

R360. YES! These GA elections are crucial!

DL:Asking/begging you to please donate something, even 5€/$ to this cause.. (PS: I know that all you MF's here have 5€/$ to spare LOL. So let's make this dream a reality ! You want REAL change? Then let's make this happen!!!

by Anonymousreply 370November 24, 2020 9:30 PM

R370 - Dear God, truer words were never spoken. We need the Senate to really make things happen!

Go Stacy Abrams! Go Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 371November 24, 2020 9:39 PM

Sent $25 to Fair Fight last week. It will be split between the two candidates and a portion to Fair Fight.

You can also donate directly to each candidate through their websites.

by Anonymousreply 372November 24, 2020 9:45 PM

Will mail-in voting be used in the runoffs? Do they have time to get ballots out to everyone again? If they only use in-person, they'll cheat. I mean, they'll cheat anyway but they'll be more likely to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 373November 24, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote]Will mail-in voting be used in the runoffs?

Yes, and records have been set with ballot requests.

by Anonymousreply 374November 24, 2020 9:50 PM

R368, “Madam Vice President” or “Mr President” is sort of a generic address. Most of the time it’s President Biden and Vice President Harris.

There’s been several female Secretaries of State, and they’re usually generically called Madam Secretary, or specifically Secretary Albright, for example.

Back when they were figuring this out, they talked about calling George Washington “your Excellency” and they called the First Lady, “Lady Washington,” at first.

Washington is probably rolling over in his grave to know Melania is called “FLOTITS.”

by Anonymousreply 375November 24, 2020 9:56 PM

A House Democratic lawmaker is requesting a federal investigation into Sen. David Perdue’s (R-GA) purchase and sale of stock in a U.S. Navy contractor while he was chairman of a Senate subcommittee with jurisdiction over Navy spending, first reported by The Daily Beast last week.

On Tuesday, Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee’s subpanel on economic policy, sent a letter to Jay Clayton, chairman of the federal Securities and Exchange Commission, requesting he probe Perdue’s investment in BWX Technologies for any evidence of wrongdoing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376November 24, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]requesting he probe Perdue

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 377November 24, 2020 10:14 PM

It appears that Parler's entire database, including DMs, got hacked.

I think we may be about to learn some stuff.

by Anonymousreply 378November 25, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]I think we may be about to learn some stuff.

I guess John Tesh picked the wrong time to switch from Twitter to Parler.

by Anonymousreply 379November 25, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote] ... a federal investigation into Sen. David Perdue’s (R-GA) purchase and sale of stock in a U.S. Navy contractor

I read that and thought ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 25, 2020 1:20 AM

The Vice President of the United States just shared her recipe for stuffing on Twitter. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine Pence or Mother doing something so...normal and human.

Boy, did we get a good one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 25, 2020 1:37 AM

Haha if you scroll down in that tweet, someone posted some rando bs and then someone posted the DL classic "sure Jan" gif. Which one of you bitches did that??

by Anonymousreply 382November 25, 2020 1:42 AM

r381 Now, now ... didn't you hear about Mother Pence's "Christmas Craft"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Sidney Powell just announced that tomorrow is the day she blows up Georgia with her big lawsuit aka the kraken. Can’t wait!

by Anonymousreply 384November 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Pardons Time!

Trump tells confidants he plans to pardon Michael Flynn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 25, 2020 2:03 AM

R385 shocking

by Anonymousreply 386November 25, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote]Sidney Powell just announced that tomorrow is the day she blows up Georgia with her big lawsuit aka the kraken. Can’t wait!

God, she's Orly Taitz: TNG.

I mean, at least Taitz could fill your cavities.

by Anonymousreply 387November 25, 2020 2:06 AM

Do pardons count in military prosecution? It's kind of a separate justice system. Treason.

by Anonymousreply 388November 25, 2020 2:12 AM

When will he pardon Ghislane, his family and himself? He will go in and go out as a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 389November 25, 2020 2:14 AM

I've been reading a few of the litigation cases with the election. The case below doesn't pass the smell test because Jimmie Wilson (Democratic Party) was a former state legislator but his 40 year old misdemeanor wasn't a problem until he won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives for District 12. He received a presidential pardon by Bill Clinton in 2001. What stands out is the judges opinion regarding the pardon.

Andrew Fleischman@ASFleischman

[quote]The Supreme Court of Arkansas ruled today that, although the winning Democratic candidate had been pardoned for the 40-year-old misdemeanor offense of selling mortgaged crops, he was still ineligible to hold office. His opponent wins by default.

[bold]Opinion[/bold]

[quote][w]hile a pardon has generally been regarded as blotting out the existence of guilt, so that in the eye of the law the offender is as innocent as if he had never committed the offense, it does not so operate for all purposes, and, as the very essence of a pardon is forgiveness or remission of penalty, a pardon implies guilt; it does not obliterate the fact of commission of the crime and the conviction thereof; it does not wash out the moral stain; as has been tersely said it involves forgiveness and not forgetfulness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390November 25, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote]Sidney Powell just announced that tomorrow is the day she blows up Georgia with her big lawsuit aka the kraken. Can’t wait!

Does she know she's not working for Trump anymore?

by Anonymousreply 391November 25, 2020 2:51 AM

The Inside Story of Michigan’s Fake Voter Fraud Scandal

11/24/2020

How a state that was never in doubt became a ‘national embarrassment’ and a symbol of the Republican Party’s fealty to Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 25, 2020 3:11 AM

The Hill:

Republican John James concedes in Michigan Senate race

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393November 25, 2020 4:31 AM

Bad, Miss Thang. Bad, bad, Miss Thang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Perez is leaving in February.

Will there be any elbow grease from him to try and win those two Georgia Senate races?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395November 25, 2020 10:24 AM

[quote]Bad, Miss Thang. Bad, bad, Miss Thang.

Lindsey Graham is the embodiment of "nasty-closeted-queen-resting-bitch-face".

I'd just laugh at him, but for some reason this little turd is allowed to have power.

by Anonymousreply 396November 25, 2020 10:33 AM

[quote]Will there be any elbow grease from him to try and win those two Georgia Senate races?

The next DNC Chair is already on the scene.

She's got this.

by Anonymousreply 397November 25, 2020 10:35 AM

I have to give Trump one thing: He may have been the only person in this entire country who knew from the beginning that Biden was going to win. He got himself impeached trying to prevent having to run against him.

by Anonymousreply 398November 25, 2020 11:07 AM

[quote]I have to give Trump one thing

Could it please be a debilitating, ultimately fatal disease r398?

by Anonymousreply 399November 25, 2020 11:14 AM

AMEN R398. Funny that his ignorant followers wailing and screaming that Joe is too old and too feeble to have soundly beaten their King(!!) seem to forget this. Hillary was a gift to Trump in 2016 - of course the rigged votes in his favor were more of gift in the end. GOP miscalculated their own rigging/cheating this time around and....curtains for Trumpy Bear.

by Anonymousreply 400November 25, 2020 11:14 AM

Apparently, people are agitating that Julian Assange and Edward Snowden get added to Pardon-palooza. Probably as one last favor to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 401November 25, 2020 11:28 AM

Despite expectations of Democratic gains, Republicans were dominant in North Carolina on election night.

@decunningham2

explains how Republicans held the federal races while sweeping the judicial races and expanding their state house majority. #ncpol

After a disappointing 2016 performance, North Carolina Democrats seemed poised to win the Tar Heel State for the first time since 2008. Optimism again turned to disappointment, however, as the votes came in throughout the night. An early Biden lead whittled away and then was completely overtaken after the GOP bastions of Union County and Johnston County reported. By the night’s end, Trump held a clear lead.

Despite the relatively limited change in vote share, a lot of change happened under the surface. Only three counties changed hands from 2016. Biden performed better than Clinton in much of the state. He gained quite a bit in the mountains, especially in the area surrounding Asheville. Biden also gained in almost every county in the Charlotte metro area (especially Cabarrus County, which saw a double-digit swing) and surpassed 60% of the vote in Wake County. He even won New Hanover County, which is a traditional sign of a Republican loss.

However, Biden’s gains were stunted by declines in traditional Democratic bastions. Trump made major gains in southeastern North Carolina – especially Robeson County. Trump’s strong nationwide performance with rural minorities also made an appearance here. He flipped Scotland County red for the first time since 1984 and made substantial inroads in the majority-black counties of the northeast. Like I mentioned in a previous article, voting patterns in NC aren’t quite as racially polarized as in some other states. This election proved this pattern as Trump gained with rural white and black voters.

Like in the Presidential race, Democrats were marginally favored to win the Senate race. Thom Tillis had struggled in polling all year and had low favorability ratings. However, the turning point of this race proved to be the October surprise: that Cal Cunningham had engaged in an extramarital affair with the wife of a disabled combat veteran. While polls never quite shifted to favor Tillis, they did narrow, and Cunningham’s favorables took a major hit. By the closing week, the race looked like a real dead heat.

Both candidates ran behind their respective presidential candidates. However, Tillis’s margin of victory was higher than Trump’s. As shown in this map from J. Miles Coleman of Sabato’s Crystal Ball, Tillis outperformed Trump in almost every urban county. His margins were most pronounced in the Charlotte area as well as in urban Raleigh. He also bested Trump in the Elizabeth City area, home to the largest Coast Guard base in the country. He even managed to win Pasquotank County, which Trump failed to do. For his part, Cunningham, a native of Lexington, was able to make solid inroads into rural counties in western North Carolina like Wilkes, Yadkin, and Davidson. However, this wasn’t enough to overcome his poor urban showings. While both candidates ran behind the top of the ticket, Tillis defeated Cunningham by a larger margin than Trump defeated Biden by

In addition to the two new safe House seats (NC02 and NC06), Democrats were optimistic they could claim the new NC08, as well as possibly NC09 and NC11. However, they fell short in all of them, and incumbent G.K. Butterfield only won the redrawn NC01 by around eight percentage points. This was a closer margin than NC09 and NC11 and leaves Democrats worried about their long-term odds in the rural seat.

In NC11, some Democrats expected a close race. However, the Republican, Madison Cawthorn, managed to win it by 12.6% – a larger margin than Trump did. In NC09, Republican Dan Bishop won by an 11-point margin, also higher than Trump. in NC08, Democrat Patricia Timmons-Goodson narrowly outran Biden but still lost by over six points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 25, 2020 11:31 AM

All ten Council of State offices were up in 2020, leaving major opportunities for both sides. Following a slew of close calls on both sides in 2016 and four retirements, the entire Council seemed due for a shakeup. However, ultimately the offices will have the exact same partisan balance as before: a 6-4 Republican majority.

As expected, Governor Roy Cooper defeated Republican Dan Forest in his bid for a second-term. However, the margin was far smaller than expected. If he hadn’t won an astonishing 72% of the over 1 million absentee-by-mail votes, this might have turned out differently. The only other Democratic winners were Attorney General Josh Stein, Auditor Beth Wood, and Secretary of State Elaine Marshall.

Republicans also held all of their seats. In the Agriculture Commissioner race, Republican Steve Troxler easily defeated progressive Democrat Jenna Wadwsorth by around 8% – the largest statewide margin this cycle. Dale Folwell also easily dispatched Democrat Ronnie Chatterji in the Treasurer race. In a rematch for the Commissioner of Insurance race, Republican Mike Causey defeated NC Democratic Party chairman Wayne Goodwin. Mark Robinson handily won the closely-watched Lt. Governor race and will become North Carolina’s first African-American statewide officeholder.

In the Superintendent of Public Education race, Republican Catherine Truitt defeated Democrat Jen Mangrum. Finally, Republicans held the Commissioner of Labor’s office as Josh Dobson beat Jessica Holmes. These losses were particularly painful for Democrats, who sought more influence over labor laws and education. Despite the lack of any flipping offices, these races did show one thing: that North Carolina voters are increasingly polarized. No candidates won by double-digits, and only Troxler and Folwell won by more than 5%.

Three Supreme Court races and five Court of Appeals races were up in North Carolina this cycle. Prior to the election, Democrats held a 6-1 advantage in the Supreme Court and an 8-7 advantage on the Court of Appeals. However, pending final results in the Supreme Court Chief Justice race, Republicans appear poised for a clean sweep of all eight races.

At the time of writing, Paul Newby has a lead of over 400 votes in the Chief Justice race over incumbent Cheri Beasley, which would cut the Democratic advantage to 4-3. A recount is currently underway. Republicans also surpassed 51% in every Court of Appeals race. This will leave Republicans with a majority of at least 10-4; previously, Democrats held a 8-7 majority.

General Assembly

Most disappointing of all for Democrats were the General Assembly races. The races were held under new lines that reduced the Republican gerrymander and gave Democrats an advantage in urban areas. Democrats hoped to claim one or both chambers. Instead, they lost ground.

In the House, Republicans flipped six districts. In addition to an expected flip in Republican-trending HD66, they gained two Republican-leaning seats in western North Carolina (HD93 and HD119). On top of this, they made three flips in Democratic-trending urban areas. HD98 (north Mecklenburg) and HD37 (southern Wake) had seemingly strong incumbents, but both narrowly flipped. And in Democratic-leaning HD43 (Cumberland County), Republican Diane Wheatly upset Democrat Kimberly Hardy, a progressive who had herself unseated conservative Democrat Elmer Floyd in a primary.

Democrats did gain two House districts. Ricky Hurtado beat incumbent Stephen Ross in HD63 (Alamance) while Brian Farkas beat incumbent Perrin Jones in HD09 (Pitt). Both seats had become more Democratic in redistricting. They also gained two Senate districts based in urban Wake (SD39) and Mecklenburg (SD18) counties but lost a seat in urban New Hanover (SD9).

by Anonymousreply 403November 25, 2020 12:37 PM

The end result will be a 69-51 majority for Republicans (+4) in the House and a 28-22 majority in the Senate (-1). With their victory in the Lt. Governor race, Republicans also maintain a crucial tiebreaker in the event of a tied Senate. By having a majority in both houses, Republicans maintain a check on Cooper’s power as well as full authority in redistricting.

by Anonymousreply 404November 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Texas has certified its 2020 election results:

Trump 5,890,347 (52.1%) Biden 5,259,126 (46.5%)

That's a 3.4 point margin swing against Trump vs. 2016 and a 26.2% increase in votes cast.

by Anonymousreply 405November 25, 2020 12:52 PM

MAGA Haberman is reporting that trump is attending the PA GOP “hearing” with Rudy today. It’s not taking place in a court of law or a state house of course, but at the Wyndham hotel in Gettysburg. PA certified it’s results yesterday so there is nothing they can do about it

by Anonymousreply 406November 25, 2020 1:53 PM

Despite Trump’s defeat, Democrats really have some intense soul-searching to do. Election 2020 indicates that Americans slant Republican. They affirmed rightwing court packing, restrictions on abortion, tax cuts for the rich, denial of science, and heartless immigration policy down ballot in much of the nation. Many voters who fired Trump also voted Republican down ballot. Much of America wants Trump policies without the savageness of Trump himself.

by Anonymousreply 407November 25, 2020 1:58 PM

Trump is attending a hearing in Gettysburg with rudy giuliani

It will be COMEDY GOLD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 25, 2020 2:08 PM

It's at the Wyndham Hotel in Gettysburg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409November 25, 2020 2:26 PM

I was never a fan of Wyndham hotels. Is this the same company that sells timeshares in Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 410November 25, 2020 2:34 PM

How clueless & delusional is he: “I don’t get it,” the president said, venting confusion and frustration. “All these other Republicans, all over the country, they all win their races. And I’m the only guy that loses?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411November 25, 2020 2:36 PM

Yes

by Anonymousreply 412November 25, 2020 2:43 PM

The Trump participation in the event has been canceled.

I’m betting Rudy has it. Boris Epshteyn has also tested positive.

by Anonymousreply 413November 25, 2020 3:07 PM

I've posted this on here before I think. But I can't remember, so I'll do it again. Most people have a different relationship with their congressional representatives and senators then they do with the President. It's a more intimate relationship. A lot of people focused in on Susan Collins, but if she is bringing the goods back home to Maine, then most voters can overlook her constant state of being concerned.

Seniority matters in DC, and in politics in general. I would have hard time getting rid of a senior member of congress for agreeing with an unpopular president, IF AND ONLY IF they were delivering on their promises back home. Collins is #12 in seniority, that is important for Maine.

by Anonymousreply 414November 25, 2020 3:14 PM

Susan needs to be beaten with a large and heavy stick.

Not on her face, though...the damage has already been done...by Mother Nature.

by Anonymousreply 415November 25, 2020 3:35 PM

R406 Well, it was meant to be the Wyndham hotel, it's actually going to be Wyndham Absolute Gardening Solutions

by Anonymousreply 416November 25, 2020 3:39 PM

Not surprised Trump canceled. I am sure real lawyers told him that would be a very bad idea. And using the word hearing implies official. This seems like a joke in a hotel conference room.

by Anonymousreply 417November 25, 2020 3:59 PM

Many parliamentary proceeding take place on hotel ballrooms.

by Anonymousreply 418November 25, 2020 4:01 PM

What is their gameplay? Keep talking about fraud in PA even though the vote has already been certified? I really don’t understand their strategy. It’s not working with the courts to simply promulgate lies and unfounded speculation.

by Anonymousreply 419November 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Wake me up when they explain why over 80K votes in PA should be thrown out.

by Anonymousreply 420November 25, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote]What is their gameplay? Keep talking about fraud in PA even though the vote has already been certified? I really don’t understand their strategy. It’s not working with the courts to simply promulgate lies and unfounded speculation.

Gameplay? Strategy? You give them way too much credit. Their gameplay is to throw a lot of outrageous lies against the wall, with zero evidence for any of it, and hope that something sticks. Oh, and to promise to reveal damning evidence at a later date not yet determined. And ultimately to have the Supreme Court make the decision.

by Anonymousreply 421November 25, 2020 4:58 PM

But they have not filed any case that the US Supreme Court would be willing to take. Nor would the Supreme Court disenfranchise voters in multiple states. I think it’s purely for PR and to lay the groundwork for more Republicans to be elected and to steal future elections.

by Anonymousreply 422November 25, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote] Seniority matters in DC, and in politics in general. I would have hard time getting rid of a senior member of congress for agreeing with an unpopular president, IF AND ONLY IF they were delivering on their promises back home. Collins is #12 in seniority, that is important for Maine.

Agree, R414. That's called "pork." If your state has someone very senior, esp. in the Senate, who is bringing home pork, you're loathe to get rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 423November 25, 2020 5:03 PM

"Thank you, Supreme Court!" -- Donald J. Trump

by Anonymousreply 424November 25, 2020 5:04 PM

SCOTUSblog has said a few times that there is absolutely no chance of the SC hearing the case in PA and there’s zero chance of them overturning the election. It is over.

The continuing charade is for fundraising, fear of Trump, house races for 2022, and justification for when these state legislators absolute guy voting rights in their respective states. They will try to completely abolish mail in voting unless you’re on your deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 425November 25, 2020 5:05 PM

Wait! Rudy does have a plan! An idiotic one, but a plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426November 25, 2020 5:16 PM

"IS PETE THERE??????"

Pete will be a Men's Room Attndant at the White House, and I got a job washing dishes. It's a start..

by Anonymousreply 427November 25, 2020 5:22 PM

R427.

by Anonymousreply 428November 25, 2020 5:23 PM

So their plan is to try and get the US Supreme Court to intervene and allow Republican legislators to invalidate the results of several state elections and choose Trump, thereby destroying democracy. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 429November 25, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote]Their gameplay is to throw a lot of outrageous lies against the wall, with zero evidence for any of it, and hope that something sticks.

They should include a pair of DJT's dirty briefs.

by Anonymousreply 430November 25, 2020 5:49 PM

[quote]So their plan is to try and get the US Supreme Court to intervene and allow Republican legislators to invalidate the results of several state elections and choose Trump, thereby destroying democracy.

Yeah, that'll work.

by Anonymousreply 431November 25, 2020 5:49 PM

The Trump’s campaign is asking to have Rudy Giuliani deliver the argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals in its attempt to block Pennsylvania’s certification of the election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432November 25, 2020 6:02 PM

PA already certified tho...I think that’s pretty iron clad, no?

Rudy is also saying that he believes Trump actually won Virginia. FACT: Biden beat trump by 10 points, 450k votes, in VA

by Anonymousreply 433November 25, 2020 6:05 PM

“Trump and his allies have normalized the kind of post-election assault on institutions typically seen in less-developed democracies, according to historians, former administration officials, and lawmakers & diplomats from across the political spectrum.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 25, 2020 6:09 PM

I wonder if you can just not even invite him to the inauguration, although I'd guess he wouldn't go anyway. Plus I don't think anyone should try to overdo it with the graciousness in the Inaugural Address. He sucked, he's a criminal, he tried to steal the election, he would break every institution if it left him in charge. I really don't want to hear any praise, even faint praise, of this asshole from anyone on inauguration day.

by Anonymousreply 435November 25, 2020 6:21 PM

“my family voted for him, donated to him and are now being thrown under the bus by him,” writes the Georgia secretary of state

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 25, 2020 6:26 PM

Why is the court of appeals even entertaining oral argument? Can’t they just issue an order saying appeal denied? Waste of time to gone Rudy a mike. Ugly hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 437November 25, 2020 6:39 PM

eek!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 25, 2020 6:42 PM

Rudy requested oral argument but hopefully the court will say NO PIGS ALLOWED.

by Anonymousreply 439November 25, 2020 6:46 PM

[quote]“my family voted for him, donated to him and are now being thrown under the bus by him,”

So, do you see where your problem is?

by Anonymousreply 440November 25, 2020 6:46 PM

r428 Thank you so much for your valuable contribution to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 441November 25, 2020 6:47 PM

They may have straightened out the NY22 election after all.

It appears that the incumbent Democrat has beaten his Republican challenger (who held the seat previously) by 12 votes.

by Anonymousreply 442November 25, 2020 7:07 PM

R435 Speaking of, I wonder what the inauguration will look like next year. I assume it'll be indoors. You just know Trump will bring up crowd size.

by Anonymousreply 443November 25, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote]They may have straightened out the NY22 election after all.

[bold]1776 New York[/bold]

[quote]"Have you ever been present at a meeting of the New York legislature? They speak very fast and very loud and nobody listens to anybody else, with the result that nothing ever gets done."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444November 25, 2020 7:17 PM

Trump is used to moving in circles where everything he wants can be fixed by handing out envelopes full of money or calling in favors. This may be a feature of American government, in some places, some of the time, but not an entire national election. He's out of his depth and so is Giuliani, besides the cognitive decline, mental illness and substance abuse issues of course.

by Anonymousreply 445November 25, 2020 7:19 PM

I hate to link to Fox News, but this looks scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446November 25, 2020 7:32 PM

It's on fucking fox news r446. Of course it looks scary.

by Anonymousreply 447November 25, 2020 7:34 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Biden's Pick for Secretary Of State, Tony Blinken, Is About to See What Pompeo Has Been Hiding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448November 25, 2020 7:36 PM

I will be happy to be reassured that it's nothing to worry about, R447.

by Anonymousreply 449November 25, 2020 7:36 PM

Pennsylvania was certified yesterday and the electors already appointed, R446.

by Anonymousreply 450November 25, 2020 7:38 PM

Yes, and the Fox news article notes that, though they buried it halfway through the article.

It will be interesting to see how long the conservative media keeps spinning the possibility that the election will be overturned. What fresh tactics will they come up with after the Electoral College votes on Dec. 14th?

by Anonymousreply 451November 25, 2020 7:40 PM

The Pennsylvania case orders whatever remains of the certification process for the elections to be halted. If the certification for the Presidential and Vice-Presidential races is completed, this wouldn't affect it. This is geared more toward the lower ticket races.

by Anonymousreply 452November 25, 2020 7:40 PM

McCullough: 60ish bottle-blonde, Catholic, Republican. In office until 2030.

No doubt enjoying her 15 minutes of notoriety, stopping the PA certification.

by Anonymousreply 453November 25, 2020 7:49 PM

R446 I don't think it sounds that scary. Read the last five paragraphs of this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454November 25, 2020 7:57 PM

Desperate, party of one? Desperate? Your table is ready if you are here. No Desperate? Okay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455November 25, 2020 7:57 PM

Trump views the election like a zoning board ruling.

If it doesn't go his way, he just throws lots of lawsuits against it, some intimidation and plenty on non-cooperation in the hope that they'll just give in and he'll get his way.

He does not seem to realize the presidency is different than a local zoning board.

by Anonymousreply 456November 25, 2020 7:58 PM

The article has the PA AG saying they are appealing momentarily anyway

by Anonymousreply 457November 25, 2020 8:11 PM

Dump just gave full pardon to Flynn on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 458November 25, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote]It is my Great Honor to announce that General Michael T. Flynn has been granted a Full Pardon. Congratulations to @GenFlynn and his wonderful family, I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 25, 2020 8:16 PM

And so it begins....

by Anonymousreply 460November 25, 2020 8:16 PM

This is how you know HE knows he's leaving office. The flurry of pardons for his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 461November 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Well, Judge Sullivan shouldn't have delayed so much. At least we would've gotten the satisfaction of the judge smacked Flynn down.

by Anonymousreply 462November 25, 2020 8:19 PM

R459 - Both "men" are traitors and pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 463November 25, 2020 8:20 PM

Trump called into the phony “hearing” in the hotel and said he won the election.

by Anonymousreply 464November 25, 2020 8:26 PM

Speaking Wednesday as a witness via speakerphone during the event, Trump once again falsely claimed that he won the 2020 presidential election. He made unproven, unspecified allegations of voter fraud, ballot dumping and voter suppression against his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 465November 25, 2020 8:32 PM

Fucking TROLL at R446 STILL Trying to foment fear and worry.

Give it up, Boris!

Drink some more vodka, Svetlana!

by Anonymousreply 466November 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Not happy about him getting to pardon ppl, but, YES, it looks like he is going to GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 467November 25, 2020 8:44 PM

Will the Flynn pardon be challenged?

by Anonymousreply 468November 25, 2020 8:46 PM

The PA AG has said that ruling does not effect the electors. It’s for downballot races not certified yet.

by Anonymousreply 469November 25, 2020 8:47 PM

I mean, it comes with an admission of guilt and an inability to plead the Fifth at any future hearings....

by Anonymousreply 470November 25, 2020 8:47 PM

Judge Sullivan, your move . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471November 25, 2020 9:02 PM

The last cries of a dying cult

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 25, 2020 9:16 PM

R446 you probably won’t believe this, but I am as blue a Democrat as they come. That Fox article made me nervous because I was afraid that tRump and his cronies had found a Repug PA judge that could cause a problem with the certification. I was very happy to be reassured that it’s just another one of their crazy schemes.

by Anonymousreply 473November 25, 2020 9:42 PM

The PA Supreme Court is 5-2 dem majority. They’ll toss this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 474November 25, 2020 9:51 PM

R473, Let me guess: you're a "Lifelong Liberal Democrat who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but..." right?

As pointed out, you didn't even READ the article. You just sit on Fox News all day and look for stories to scare the gays on Datalounge.

What a sick fucker you are, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 475November 25, 2020 9:57 PM

Ah yes, one of those blue Democrats who reads and links to Fox News, and who ignores the reassurance given later in the article by the tweet from the PA AG

by Anonymousreply 476November 25, 2020 10:08 PM

Ooops ... I guess that wall isn't high enough.

[quote] In the waning days of the Trump Administration, the US isn’t just continuing the border wall, it’s charging forward: now it’s erecting razor wire along the border wall in El Paso.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477November 25, 2020 11:02 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump Corruptly Pardons Mike Flynn. Does Judge Sullivan Have Any Options Left in Flynn's Case?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478November 25, 2020 11:06 PM

r436, his family is getting death threats and so is the governor, brian kemp and his family because trump's crazy lawyer sidney whatever, announced that "brian kemp and Bernie Sanders are/were working together to rig the elections in the democrats favor" and they also worked with Hugo Chavez (who died in 2013) and Hugo helped them get the voting machines. She basically said, brian kemp is a socialist's socialist.

by Anonymousreply 479November 25, 2020 11:12 PM

Didn’t Brian Kemp have a campaign commercial where he was riding around in a trailer truck implying that he would be rounding up Mexicans?

He (and his complicit family) can burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 480November 25, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]Pete will be a Men's Room Attndant at the White House, and I got a job washing dishes. It's a start..

Pete would look so cute in that little uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481November 25, 2020 11:31 PM

Flynn, 2016: If you plead the Fifth, it means you're guilty.

Flynn, 2017: I plead the Fifth.

Lady Justice, 2021: OK, tell everyone what you did.

by Anonymousreply 482November 25, 2020 11:52 PM

It’s been pointed out many times but Trump can never admit defeat. He always will say “I won” even when he lost. In business, whatever. In an election, it’s very dangerous. It makes me think all over again that he is a Russian asset. This is exactly what they do to undermine democracy and instill authoritarian rule. It’s taking on comical levels like the “hearing” today which was made to look official but really was just an impromptu meeting in a hotel. What happened to the Kraken lawsuit from demented Sidney?

by Anonymousreply 483November 26, 2020 12:01 AM

Hillary explained it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484November 26, 2020 12:09 AM

Garrett M. Graff:

The Flynn pardon is a corrupt abuse of power, a move even Richard Nixon knew he couldn’t get away with for his co-conspirators. This is one of the most corrupt actions ever by a US president. Full stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485November 26, 2020 12:31 AM

tHE HILL: House Democrats seek list of Trump appointees "burrowing in" to Biden administration

House Democrats are asking the Trump administration to turn over a list of employees who will be slotted into a new category of federal employment that critics fear will be used to retain Trump political appointees. The request, made to 61 government agencies, comes as agencies have begun implementing an October executive order from President Trump that creates a new employment category, Schedule F, for policy-focused positions within the federal government.

Early signs show the Trump administration may seek to place a significant number of its employees into the new Schedule F category. A memo obtained by Real Clear Politics found the Office of Management and Budget planned to place 88 percent of its employees, 425 people, into this category. Trump’s order gives agencies 90 days to determine which policy-related positions should attain the new status, a deadline that will end just as President-elect Joe Biden takes office.

“We are seeking a full accounting of political appointees who have already been hired into career positions or are being considered for such conversion,” lawmakers wrote in the letter and signed by each House committee chair.

by Anonymousreply 486November 26, 2020 12:32 AM

Richard W. Painter:

He's been dangling this pardon for a long time. Now he gives the pardon to Michael Flynn, probably in return for Flynn keeping his mouth shut. This sure looks like obstruction of justice by @realDonaldTrump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 26, 2020 12:33 AM

The question of why did Flynn lie when he didn’t even have to is still out there.

by Anonymousreply 488November 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Biden should spend late January revoking Trump executive orders nonstop

by Anonymousreply 489November 26, 2020 1:19 AM

Jon Favreau on Twitter:

"What it’s come to: Trump phones in to cry about fake fraud to a fake hearing in a state that’s already certified a win and a slate of electors for Joe Biden. New levels of sad and pathetic."

by Anonymousreply 490November 26, 2020 1:24 AM

R489 I think they've already said that that is exactly what he plans on doing, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 491November 26, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]He's been dangling this pardon for a long time. Now he gives the pardon to Michael Flynn, probably in return for Flynn keeping his mouth shut. This sure looks like obstruction of justice by @realDonaldTrump.

But if he accepts a pardon, he CAN'T keep his mouth shut unless he wants to be convicted of perjury or contempt, for which he won't be pardoned.

by Anonymousreply 492November 26, 2020 1:42 AM

116 votes in Ohio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 26, 2020 1:53 AM

I'm surprised Dump is pardoning people. I imagined he'd be the guy who says 'Fuck you, I didn't get what I wanted and neither do you'.

by Anonymousreply 494November 26, 2020 1:56 AM

R493.

by Anonymousreply 495November 26, 2020 2:00 AM

2020 US Presidential Election in King County, Washington State, home to the liberal city of Seattle. It's the 12th most populous county in the US.

Joe Biden won the county with 75% of the vote, which is the best performance for a presidential candidate in the county, *EVER*.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496November 26, 2020 3:01 AM

Sidney Powell has released her kraken. It’s 104 pages of gibberish and there’s two typos in the headline alone. Also no evidence it was actually filed in any court. More gritting. Brian Kemp is one of the people being “sued” by her. I’m sure Mitch is thrilled. This could kill the senate races in GA if republicans decide to stay home

by Anonymousreply 497November 26, 2020 4:36 AM

This story brings me so much joy.

A Trump supporter donated $2.5 million to a group promising to prove voter fraud. Now the supporter is suing the group because they’ve given up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498November 26, 2020 4:38 AM

There really is a sucker born every minute, R498. What a great story!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 26, 2020 4:44 AM

Sidney Powell is mentally ill.

And the Trump cult is ready to follow her over the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 500November 26, 2020 4:59 AM

There’s no indication that the GA kraken was even filed in a court. Doubt it ever will be. According to lawyers on Twitter, if she did file it would be the type of nonsense that the bar association would look in to.

It’s a giant money making scheme and sadly she’s probably raising tons of money. Those Q people actually believe she’s going to swoop in, go to the Supreme Court, and get the election overturned.

See:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 26, 2020 5:11 AM

I think the revocations are done and simply need to be signed and dated 1.20.2021

by Anonymousreply 502November 26, 2020 6:53 AM

Frightening r486.

A time bomb that needs to be defused immediately.

by Anonymousreply 503November 26, 2020 7:28 AM

[quote]Well At Least The Trumps Have One Last WH Christmas To Look Forward To... Oh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504November 26, 2020 7:33 AM

Thanks for sharing r496. This is my home county. I’m happy to see we more than did our part in voting dump’s ass out.

by Anonymousreply 505November 26, 2020 8:09 AM

@AdamSerwer Trump is the third president to ever be impeached and we seem to have forgotten it ever happened in less than a year

by Anonymousreply 506November 26, 2020 11:57 AM

A Thanksgiving message from Joe and Jill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507November 26, 2020 1:37 PM

Both of the Release the Kraken cases filed by Powell were riddled with typographical issues.

The case in Michigan had a number of formatting problems that removed spacing between words, Bloomberg reports. In the Georgia suit, the word district was misspelled twice on the first page of the document. There was an extra c for "DISTRICCT," and then it was spelled "DISTRCOICT."

by Anonymousreply 508November 26, 2020 2:51 PM

R436 "I never thought leopards would eat MY face!"

by Anonymousreply 509November 26, 2020 3:12 PM

There’s no evidence that Sidney even filed the court case. In Georgia at least. My guess is it will never see a court room and she’s using it to fundraise off all the Q people who are desperate for her to overturn the election.

It truly is nonsense. It’s all conspiracy theories and it’s incoherent. I don’t think she’d dare bring that to a judge.

by Anonymousreply 510November 26, 2020 3:26 PM

Her Michigan court case hinges on testimony from someone who claims they infiltrated an ANTIFA conference call where they discussed rigging the election.

Sidney Powell needs to be sanctioned, fined, and the Bar association needs to give her a good looking over.

by Anonymousreply 511November 26, 2020 3:30 PM

Republicans in GA need to listen to Sidney and boycott the Senate runoffs!

by Anonymousreply 512November 26, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]Sidney Powell needs to be sanctioned, fined, and the Bar association needs to give her a good looking over.

Along with a psychic evaluation.

by Anonymousreply 513November 26, 2020 3:43 PM

[QUOTE] Along with a psychic evaluation.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 514November 26, 2020 4:12 PM

*psychological evaluation

by Anonymousreply 515November 26, 2020 4:16 PM

If Trump wasn't such a massive fuckup he should have won the election. He had the incumbency, he had courts and state and local governments full of obliging dupes willing to fiddle the numbers for him, and raving fans happy to play to the news cameras and make it look as though he had a massive fanatical following. First mistake: spending the last four years playing the nonstop alt-right troll, alienating and offending people who otherwise might have supported him or at least remained neutral. Second, telling Republicans not to take advantage of absentee ballots or early voting. Third and most important, catching COVID and going into the hospital, which made him look weak and reminded his fans that he's not really the superhuman he plays on TV. Losing both the popular vote and electoral college and by such substantial margins just proves he has no business being in politics and should take his ego back to the dirty world of small-time real estate grifting.

by Anonymousreply 516November 26, 2020 4:16 PM

[quote]Along with a psychic evaluation

I'll take over then...

by Anonymousreply 517November 26, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote]the Bar association needs to give her a good looking over.

Oh, I'm looking her over alright. The woman is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 518November 26, 2020 4:28 PM

I've done a psychic evaluation on all of them. Walk on by, baby. Walk on by...

by Anonymousreply 519November 26, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote]Along with a psychic evaluation

I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520November 26, 2020 4:34 PM

Unfortunately, Sylvia Browne is no longer available.

What about Chip Coffey?

by Anonymousreply 521November 26, 2020 4:35 PM

Yes I am, r521.

And by the way, all your missing kids are dead and here. Abandon all hope everyone!

by Anonymousreply 522November 26, 2020 4:50 PM

A psychic evaluation would probably yield the same results.

Maybe this pro is available:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 26, 2020 5:13 PM

From r504...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Is Linda Georgian available for a free psychic consultation?

by Anonymousreply 525November 26, 2020 6:12 PM

The Vairst Lady gonna go out like she came in.

by Anonymousreply 526November 26, 2020 7:26 PM

Glenn Kirschner is not having it on Trump's corrupt pardons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527November 26, 2020 8:28 PM

I see white people going to jail !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528November 26, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] The Flynn pardon is a corrupt abuse of power, a move even Richard Nixon knew he couldn’t get away with for his co-conspirators. This is one of the most corrupt actions ever by a US president. Full stop

It is. And if people were smart they would troll conservatives on Twitter with, "this is so great, Joe Biden will be able to do the same thing for any and everyone "

by Anonymousreply 529November 26, 2020 9:08 PM

Daily Beast argues that Ghouliani should lose his license for lying to the court.

The article also notes that he claimed to be licensed in the District of Columbia, where in fact he’s currently suspended for not paying his dues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530November 26, 2020 9:44 PM

ees the MOST fuck time of year

by Anonymousreply 531November 26, 2020 11:19 PM

Well Ghouliani should certainly lose his right to appear on television, except maybe late night with a trigger warning.

by Anonymousreply 532November 26, 2020 11:21 PM

Happy New Year . . . in jail!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 26, 2020 11:23 PM

Can the court order a mental health evaluation for Sidney Powell? She’s a very sick woman. Her “kraken” is 104 pages of total nonsense. The writings of a severely mentally ill woman. The Qanon people are crazy but I actually kind of feel bad for them that they’re sending that woman buckets and buckets of money. She’s playing on their fears of a Biden presidency.

by Anonymousreply 534November 26, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote]Daily Beast argues that Ghouliani should lose his license for lying to the court.

Ghouliani should lose his license just for being a despicable human being.

by Anonymousreply 535November 26, 2020 11:43 PM

R 534 You see when grifters and bottom-feeders turn on each other, as they did when Powell was unceremoniously let go by the Trump Team, the crazy both dilutes and doubles over.

But the internecine and intraparty savageness will consume them to their own detriment.

by Anonymousreply 536November 27, 2020 12:22 AM

Will Wilkinson: “Democrats, struggling to make sense of it all, are locked in yet another round of mutual recrimination: They were either too progressive for swing voters — too socialist or aggressive with ambitious policies like the Green New Deal — or not progressive enough to inspire potential Democratic voters to show up or cross over.”

“But they should understand that there was really no way to avoid disappointment. Three factors — the logic of partisan polarization, which inaccurate polling obscured; the strength of the juiced pre-Covid-19 economy; and the success of Mr. Trump’s denialist, open-everything-up nonresponse to the pandemic — mostly explain why Democrats didn’t fare better.”

“This shocking strategy worked for Republicans, even if it didn’t pan out for the president himself. Moreover, it laid a trap that Democrats walked into — something they should understand and adjust for, as best they can, as they look ahead.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537November 27, 2020 2:30 PM

“ They were either too progressive for swing voters — too socialist or aggressive with ambitious policies like the Green New Deal — or not progressive enough to inspire potential Democratic voters to show up or cross over.”

Democrats need to stop Believing that there is some mythical large number of progressive voters that don’t vote that would vote if only Democrats would be more progressive. Democrats would lose even more if they went any further left.

by Anonymousreply 538November 27, 2020 2:43 PM

Democrats also need to realize that the fear of black and urban people largely worked, even if Trump Lost.

by Anonymousreply 539November 27, 2020 2:44 PM

I can't believe that over 70 million fools voted for that creature, but the power of incumbency is no joke. I can't expect Democrats to take responsibility for every foolish thing and bad messaging that is created by activists, but at the same time they don't need to embrace it either. Bottom line, the American people don't want the truth. They want a lie. So democrats need to start lying and pretending and they need to stop following the rules, because apparently the rules no longer matter.

by Anonymousreply 540November 27, 2020 2:53 PM

R539 - LBJ’s quote on the matter has yet to be inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 541November 27, 2020 2:53 PM

LBJ underestimated how long the backlash would last

by Anonymousreply 542November 27, 2020 3:02 PM

"Defund the Police" lost the Democrats millions of votes.

by Anonymousreply 543November 27, 2020 3:10 PM

I still think that several of these black murder victims post-George Floyd were specifically killed in order to keep up the protests and “Defund the Police” messaging.

by Anonymousreply 544November 27, 2020 3:12 PM

I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, but keeping black people riled up to scare white people has worked for republicans in the past.

by Anonymousreply 545November 27, 2020 3:16 PM

I am still amazed there was no "caravan" this year.

by Anonymousreply 546November 27, 2020 3:20 PM

Well, we'll always have...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547November 27, 2020 4:03 PM

What are the big things coming out in the next two weeks? More failed lawsuits or weird hotel meetings with Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 548November 27, 2020 4:03 PM

Iran's top nuclear scientist was assassinated and Iran blames Israel. Does anyone think the Trump administration could have had something to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 549November 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Democrats were in a Catch 22. Denounce elements of the protests, and they risked depressing black and young support. But the movement became politically toxic and out of control, and Democrats needed to distance themselves from it

by Anonymousreply 550November 27, 2020 4:07 PM

Trump today:

[quote]Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem!

Gee, I wonder why he singled out those cities? (See R539).

by Anonymousreply 551November 27, 2020 4:15 PM

R551 - He's so confused - Biden is the winner and he is the loser therefore TRUMP has to prove voter fraud. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 552November 27, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote]What are the big things coming out in the next two weeks?

Whatever bullshit lies Trump happens to pull out of his big fat ass at any given moment.

by Anonymousreply 553November 27, 2020 4:22 PM

"Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous '80,000,000 votes' were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. "

And *I* don't have to prove that they were!

by Anonymousreply 554November 27, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote] I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, but keeping black people riled up to scare white people has worked for republicans in the past.

It's not paranoia when they're truly out to get you. It was clear that Trump administration wanted to keep the proverbial fires burning as long as possible for a couple of reasons

1. Republicans and centrists who are "law and order" type were turned off by rioting and looting. A good number of people respond to that viscerally without trying to understand the reasons for such protests, how much of that was staged etc. (I am far from being one of those but...)

2. The more people talked about that, the less they did about COVID-19, which is still a much bigger threat to public safety than a broken window or damage to a cake shop owned by a suburban frau.

by Anonymousreply 555November 27, 2020 4:27 PM

Can someone please refute all these claims?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556November 27, 2020 5:02 PM

This won’t be over until Inauguration Day. Once the EC certifies Biden’s win, the next stop will be trying to get members of congress to try to block congress from certifying the results. That is going to be a crazy day. Expect a LOT of theater from congressional GOP “protesting” the vote. Miss Pence, who resides over the certification, will cause some trouble too IMO.

This is far from over. The coup is far from defeated.

by Anonymousreply 557November 27, 2020 5:04 PM

The Federalist...no...

by Anonymousreply 558November 27, 2020 5:04 PM

The Federalist piece is for bitchy Republicans who need validation that something just doesn’t feel right to them about losing, so therefore there must have been massive fraud by black voters in big cities (but only in swing states that Trump needed of course).

by Anonymousreply 559November 27, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]This is far from over. The coup is far from defeated.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 560November 27, 2020 5:15 PM

Another Trump case gets thrown out. This is an appeal case in Pennsylvania.

Brad Heath@bradheath

[quote]The Third Cir. has rejected Trump's appeal. Decisively.

[quote]"Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here."

[quote]The court rejects Trump's arguments pretty categorically. He loses on everything. And there's no point in letting him file a new complaint, because he'd lose on that too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 27, 2020 5:16 PM

That’s the case they want to get to SCOTUS

by Anonymousreply 562November 27, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote]That’s the case they want to get to SCOTUS

That should work out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 563November 27, 2020 5:20 PM

SCOTUS would never hear this case. If they did that would be the end of the court and they all know it.

by Anonymousreply 564November 27, 2020 5:25 PM

That's what I'm reading, R562 and Bibas is Trump appointed judge.

by Anonymousreply 565November 27, 2020 5:26 PM

Oh, so once again Democrats pick a safe, centrist ticket and are rewarded with a million shrieks and howls about how they have to stop embracing the radical left and get off twitter and stop telling everyone how much they want to kill whitey.

Maybe Dems should just stick to a few principles and not worry too much about what neurotic fools and media grifters are going to say about them.

by Anonymousreply 566November 27, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]Another Trump case gets thrown out. This is an appeal case in Pennsylvania.

They don't need to worry about it now. The Kraken has been released.

by Anonymousreply 567November 27, 2020 5:42 PM

Another day, another loss for Rudy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 27, 2020 5:43 PM

Yeah, I don’t see Alito entertaining this. The lower courts opinion will stand.

by Anonymousreply 569November 27, 2020 5:45 PM

[quote]Another day, another loss for Rudy

Trump might have done better with one of those mesothelioma law firms that advertise late at night on basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 570November 27, 2020 5:47 PM

Staffers Hiding From Trump To Avoid Working On His Election Lawsuits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571November 27, 2020 5:54 PM

Diaper Don again trending on twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 27, 2020 6:09 PM

R572 That is great! Lol

by Anonymousreply 573November 27, 2020 6:15 PM

Last one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 27, 2020 6:21 PM

Good news ar r568.

Do we think SCOTUS will take the case?

by Anonymousreply 575November 27, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote]Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem!

He should know better than anyone (except possibly Al Gore) that those 80 million votes have nothing to do with winning the election.

by Anonymousreply 576November 27, 2020 6:35 PM

No R575. Every Supreme Court lawyer on Twitter says this is the final nail in the coffin. SCOTUSblog has said a few times that there is absolutely zero chance the court would hear this case.

by Anonymousreply 577November 27, 2020 6:36 PM

Here's the link for ELECTION 2020, Part 25, for when we need it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578November 27, 2020 6:46 PM

Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 579November 27, 2020 6:55 PM

R568 Hilarious how Team Ghouliani says the loss in Pennsylvania is due to "the activitst judge machinery" when the three judges on the panel were all Republican nominees, and the guy who wrote the opinion was a Trump nominee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 27, 2020 8:41 PM

R556, there's nothing to refute in the The Federalist's five "points", which are nothing more than data rehashed to inadvertently point out that Trump lost by cutting off his nose to spite his face.

by Anonymousreply 581November 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Whomp-whomp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582November 27, 2020 9:10 PM

Why isn't this OVER? GAHHHH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583November 27, 2020 10:07 PM

Don’t worry. The lawsuits will not change the results. At this point, I am sure all the defense attorneys across the states are sharing the motion to dismiss papers since the lawsuits all make similar claims that are easily rejected, especially if the vote has already been certified.

by Anonymousreply 584November 27, 2020 10:27 PM

SCOTUS had better not touch this shit with a fifty foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 585November 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Ron Brownstein:

As always, under pressure, Trump turns to racial division: here a racist conspiracy theory that cities w/large Black populations conspired to steal the election from him-the distant bookend to the racist birtherism conspiracy theory that launched his national career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586November 27, 2020 11:30 PM

Milwaukee County completed its recount.

Biden's lead there increased by 132 votes.

by Anonymousreply 587November 27, 2020 11:42 PM

Here is the unanimous, 21-page opinion by the Third Circuit rejecting the Trump campaign's appeal in the Pennsylvania case, written by (Trump appointee) Judge Bibas:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588November 27, 2020 11:45 PM

R588 "The Campaign's claims have no merit."

He could have saved himself 20 pages.

by Anonymousreply 589November 28, 2020 1:05 AM

That’s not how it works in the courts but thanks for playing.

Trump now promoting Rudy on Newsmax. Yes, that’s how low the bar is now.

by Anonymousreply 590November 28, 2020 3:40 AM

R546, And no mention of all those mythical new factories Trump used to tout.

Plus, when was the last time he mentioned The Wall and Mexico's paying for same?

by Anonymousreply 591November 28, 2020 5:34 AM

Poor QAnon loons. They are still waiting for him to bust that mythical gang of super-elite pedophiles. Maybe JFK Jr is on the task?

by Anonymousreply 592November 28, 2020 11:50 AM

Raffi Melkonian@RMFifthCircuit

[quote]Re-reading the Trump PA case just now, I’m struck that perhaps never has a man lost so many cases so quickly. It’s not just the volume of losses, but how fast and total they are. I’m a little impressed.

(Appellate lawyer in Houston, TX with a Fifth Circuit)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 28, 2020 11:59 AM

[quote] Milwaukee County completed its recount. Biden's lead there increased by 132 votes.

To add to R587's post this is the recount where Trump paid $3 million or $22,727.27 per new Biden vote.

by Anonymousreply 594November 28, 2020 12:11 PM

We The People, Who Are We?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 28, 2020 12:31 PM

Chris Krebs will be on 60 Minutes Sunday Night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596November 28, 2020 10:17 PM

Rudy now openly saying they are trying to get legislators to intervene and choose their own electors.

by Anonymousreply 597November 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Marc E. Elias:

NEW: We have filed our opposition to a petition filed by Republicans seeking to block the certification of the presidential election results in Wisconsin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598November 28, 2020 10:54 PM

Diapers Don and the Republican Poopers lost again in PA Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 599November 29, 2020 12:11 AM

Bajour, dammit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 29, 2020 1:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!