Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has every homosexual in The Americas seen this?

In case you haven't...it's only 37 seconds long, don't freak out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 19, 2021 2:49 PM

Hahaha I miss her

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 12:54 PM

We all miss Joan.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 12:54 PM

Hahahaha! She would have been crucified on Twitter if that happened today

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 12:59 PM

I miss her. If she was still here Twitter would have canceled her by now...

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 1:00 PM

Love Joan. But OP, not every homo in The Americas has seen that clip.

They were all, every last one of them, watching this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 1:02 PM

OP = Rosie ‘Find me’ O, because there’s no such thing as bad publicity

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 1:06 PM

R5 I thought she was Liza at first!

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 1:12 PM

R2 not all of us.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 1:13 PM

Damn, I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 1:17 PM

here she is, same performance - first few seconds is all you need to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 1:24 PM

🔥Where is she now?🔥

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 1:27 PM

Joan was a bitch who knew how to play to whatever audience she found herself in front of. She'd be the first to trash gays if she knew it would get a laugh. She was a professional comedian not a social icon.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote]She'd be the first to trash gays if she knew it would get a laugh.

I don't think she ever trashed gay. She REALLY loved the gays.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 1:39 PM

R12 is thin-skinned and has no sense of humor.

Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote] She REALLY loved the gays.

Not as much as she loved The Donald. We would've thrown her in a grease fire at least 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 2:10 PM

Martha didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 2:12 PM

Trump was just some trashy larger than life real estate guy back then - I'm sure she was amused by him and had no reason to "hate" him. She was never his "buddy".

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 2:27 PM

What a rude woman.

Well, g'night then.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 2:27 PM
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 7:15 PM

Martha is a life-long Dem from Nutley. She has no time for the orange turd.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 7:27 PM

If she called you all a bunch of fags you'd be disowning her. I guess homophobia is okay if it's towards lesbians 🙄

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 7:41 PM

Other than her use of the term diesel dyke - which delivered well can come from a good place, especially if you’re known for being a pro gay activist - it was not really a homophobic bit at all. Just a send-off of being unaware of stating the obvious. Had she designed a similar joke about Little Richard, Liberace, or Richard Simmons, as a gay man I would have laughed just as hard. Hell, had she said it about me, MARY!

Pudgy used to make fun of my table every damn time, inevitably (sniffing poppers and pointing at us, etc.) And we loved it. Lighten up, r21!

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 7:57 PM

Homophobic bullshit posted on a gay website. Cool, OP. Do you know where you are?

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 8:20 PM

She's hilarious. I saw her first in Uncle Charlie's on their large video screen before she became a tv personality. Live, she's side splitting.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 8:32 PM

[quote]She's hilarious. I saw her first in Uncle Charlie's on their large video screen before she became a tv personality.

It was a great place to see new comedy. That was where I first saw Roseanne before she was famous.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2020 8:39 PM

Funniest woman of all time.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 8:48 PM

I would've loved her voice these last 4 years. Although I'm not so sure she would've been one of the sane republicans.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 8:55 PM

R25 me too! She was Roseanne Barr then, domestic goddess, and actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 9:13 PM

Not funny. Desperate. This is funny. I know many of our best comedians are miserable people, and maybe Joan was one of those, but I think in general, funny people do better comedy: and I find it insulting to all of us that Joan Rivers was ever considered one of the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 9:43 PM

You just dont GET IT/her- R29

[quote]and I find it insulting to all of us that Joan Rivers was ever considered one of the best.

That means NOTHING

As I said. You don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2020 9:51 PM

LOVE Westenhoeffer!

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2020 9:58 PM

Some like her, some dont. Enough like her for her to have been a star.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 9:58 PM

R21 Lesbians are always the first ones to call gay men fags and regurgitate hate speech towards gay men but foam at the mouth if someone uses the word "dyke". Give me a break and learn to take what you and your community dish out.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2020 9:59 PM

OP On behalf of the majority of gay men in 'The Americas', who is this woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2020 10:03 PM

Miss Uggams appeared to be having a grand mal seizure during her little prance up the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2020 10:04 PM

R23 You HAVE to be the dumbest pile of shit that EVER lived.

EVER.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 11:04 PM

R33? Don't even try it. If I had a nickel for every time one of you boys called a lesbian a "bull dyke," or wrote about humorless lesbians, carpet munchers, nut loaf, Nan Michiganwoman, lesbians with canes, let's be a lesbian potluck... I could go on and on. But (just like the Trumpers) any time a lesbian says something about you guys that's a plain and obvious truth (like this post), you have a hissy fit. I can't even imagine how many of you probably have me blocked for posts just like the one I'm writing now.

BTW, I loved Joan's bit at OP. But I'm not a humorless lesbian. How 'bout that, gentlemen!

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 11:34 PM

Case in point...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 11:36 PM

Did anyone bother with my link @ r10/

Why the fuck are people so prissy about videos? If my OP made you laugh this will too. OK, I'll tell you - Chelsea Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2020 11:48 PM

Great one R5!

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 6:13 AM

OP: I love Joan. I miss Joan. But that bit about Rosie was not funny.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 6:22 AM

Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2021 6:24 AM

Pay attention, r13.

Joan trashes the gays at 1:50 in r10's clip.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2021 7:03 AM

FYI, r37, this thread was started by Boris the Nazi Incel whose many socket puppet accounts and assaults on EVERY thread work diligently to make you think lots of gay men are pushing his anti-EVERY minority agenda.

FWIW I am a gay male, I love lesbians, I welcome and thank your participation on DL and I don't call you slurs or drum up another "Let's be lesbian MichFest and shit on The Other to Feel Superior" toxic bullying that Boris uses DL and its memes for.

P.S. Boris is behind the OP, r22, r33, r36 and r39,

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2021 7:18 AM

Rosie always faulted Joan for making fat jokes...........then shockingly Rosie went to her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2021 7:36 AM

Don't forget that Joan had the balls to out Michael Obama as trans and two weeks later Joan was unexpectedly DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Rosie crying at Joan's funeral:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Some folks get Joan, and some folks don’t.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2021 10:33 AM

r47. Those were tears of joy!

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Joan was a crude person. She turned "way to state the obvious, Rosie!" into a crude joke.

If you google "Rosie O'Donnell and Joan Rivers" It seems like Rosie & Joan got along well.

by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Oh, look. It's battle #3859205949 between the Incels and the Bearers of THE CORRECT OPINION.

If you could all just fuck off, that would be great.

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote]Some folks get Joan, and some folks don’t.

Glad to be part of the first group.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2021 11:50 AM

She also said some horrible (jokey) things about the Royal family and Charles, especially, but she was a big friend of his in latter years and was invited to his second wedding, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2021 11:53 AM

i dont get R5 .this thread is about Ugly Lez 'ems not Leslie Uggams

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2021 12:00 PM

Setting up a binary either-or situation of people who either "get" Joan Rivers or don't is juvenile.

When people talk about comedians crossing lines, they always get the joke. They understand it. Pretending like they're simply insufferable, humorless scolds who can't understand humor is ridiculous.

The reason you frame it that way, though, is because you know you can't really justify a lot of what she said or did.

Keep pushing the revisionist history that she was friend to all gays, but the truth is she was always a Republican, she appeared at their fundraisers and donated to them, she trashed Democrats for decades, and she made homophobic jokes. You just have to accept that for some people, those years of supporting Republicans financially can't be shrugged off just because she also supported some AIDS charities in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 55April 19, 2021 12:06 PM

The same people who say "fuck Alec Baldwin" are telling us to love Joan Rivers, who defended him and used her own slurs when doing so.

[quote]Joan Rivers uses racial, homophobic slurs as she defends Alec Baldwin

[quote]Joan Rivers has been recorded making a slew of racial and homophobic slurs while expressing her disappointment in the controversy over Alec Baldwin's alleged use of anti-gay language against a reporter.

[quote]The 80-year-old uttered highly offensive terms including "n*****", "c**nk" and "fairy" as she argued to TMZ that people are being oversensitive about the incident during the trial of Baldwin's stalker, which ultimately resulted in his MSNBC talk show being cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 19, 2021 12:08 PM

Joan was offended by some of what Tracy Morgan said about killing his kid if he found out he was gay, but still defended him, saying he shouldn't apologize because he doesn't have gay fans, so it doesn't matter that he's a homophobe.

[quote]No, Morgan is not out of work. But he is on an apology tour, working with GLAAD and plans on going back to the scene of the crime to make amends. All of which Rivers says is pure hooey.

[quote]“He shouldn’t apologize. Gay fans? What are they doing seeing him anyhow? Why aren’t they watching me and Kathy Griffin? What are they doing at this show?”

[quote]She laughed. “He’s lost his gay fan.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 19, 2021 12:12 PM

R3/r4 Nobody on twitter cares if gays are attacked. That wouldn’t get her cancelled. Her stuff about Michelle Obama certainly would. It is an act of racism to de feminize a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 58April 19, 2021 12:17 PM

R12, miserable troll- my guess is Rosie loves this bit-

by Anonymousreply 59April 19, 2021 1:09 PM

Like Joan, her comedy did not age well.

by Anonymousreply 60April 19, 2021 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!