Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pillow Suggestions

I bought a new feather pillow, but after a couple months it's lost some of its fullness and no longer comfortable .

Prior to this, I had a rather expensive Tempurpedic memory foam pillow -- too stiff and gave me neck problems.

Help me find a comfy pillow DL!

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2020 11:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 1:48 AM

Go spend $12 at WalMAart.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 2:04 AM

Have you tried 2-in-1 pillows? One side is memory foam and the other is either down or down alternative.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 2:13 AM

don't buy that crazy trump donor, the my pillow guy's pillow. I've heard they are not worth the money and aren't good pillows

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 2:38 AM

Mid range pillow at Target. Then wash it every 2-3 months and its fluffiness will return.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 2:44 AM

Throw the pillow in the dryer with a couple tennis balls...in 10 minutes your feather pillow will be like new.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 2:57 AM

R6, why not a bag of oranges while you’re at it?

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 2:58 AM

Try a latex pillow they’re very soft but supportive. JC Penney did a nice one but appears to be out of stock in standard size.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 3:05 AM

Cozypure's LaNoodle pillow is the only pillow I will use. It is filled with uniformly sized latex noodles that conform like a down pillow, but don't pack together like a shredded latex pillow, or feel like a big bounce ball like a solid latex pillow. They are covered in a stretch knit fabric that helps the latex to move around, and come in multiple fill levels, though there is also an adjustable version that unzips for fill to be removed.

If it flattens out just give it a shake and it bounces back. It doesn't get crushed and lose its loft like down, feathers, and fiberfill. It also doesn't get hot like synthetic foams.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 3:12 AM

This is hard for me to admit, I mean really hard, but my elderly Trumper mother gave me a "Pillow Guy" pillow for Christmas last year. I almost threw it away, but my mother meant well and really doesn't understand what a horrible situation Trump and his flying monkeys have put us in, so I used the pillow and damn if it isn't the most comfortable and supportive pillow I've ever had. Even after a year it's still just as nice as new

I would NEVER buy one myself on principle, but if someone gives you one don't throw it away

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 3:13 AM

Down & Feather Company duck down pillows have held up pretty well for me. I think they do have a 6-month firmness adjustment, though I didn't take then up on it. I tried their "extra firm" and it was too firm for me, but the "firm" level has held up well. Expensive!

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 3:16 AM

Try sum dirty pillows

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 3:20 AM

We have geese and always make our own pillows with their down. We use a good thread-count cotton flannel. Flannel keeps one cool in summer and warm in winter.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 3:22 AM

I love my Bamboo pillow!

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 3:22 AM

I second the Target recommendation for down pillows. I’ve been buying down pillows my whole life and frankly they can smell weird or not be the right firmness. But I’ll be damned if the Target ones aren’t perfect. I forget the model / brand name, they were about $30.00 each. Not dirt cheap, but a pretty good price.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 3:25 AM

We just did a thread on this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 3:29 AM

Has anyone tried the Purple pillow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 3:41 AM

Check out Martha Stewart at r13

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 11:31 AM

The Casper pillows are great. I don’t have the mattress but I have 2 of the pillows and love them.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2020 11:47 AM

I love my pillows from Nest, if you don't mind splurging

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2020 11:47 AM

Coop pillows. I love mine. If you want supportive softness, you’ll love this brand too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2020 11:51 AM

If you live near a SleepNumber store, they have a plethora of pillows you can try out there before you buy.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2020 11:57 AM

Yeah r22, that’s just a what I want to do right now... go try out pillows that hundreds of other Covidiots have been trying out.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2020 12:04 PM

Yeah, SleepNumber stores are a well known vectors for corona virus. Every fool knows this.

Horror stories are all over the newspapers and television. Stories everyday of people falling over dead in the parking lots.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2020 12:34 PM

I have these. They are comfortable and inexpensive enough that you can replace them once they wear down. I've had mine for a year and they are all still in great condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2020 12:43 PM

"SleepNumber stores"

Commercial: "I'm a "30", but my wife is a "4", it's not weird that I sleep a full foot and a half above her"

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2020 1:16 PM

SleepNumber is the biggest load of crap ever. It’s a fucking blow up mattress for thousands of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2020 2:04 PM

OP = pillow bottom

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2020 2:08 PM

R27 doesn't have one.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2020 2:09 PM

With all the new pillows out there I don' know if it is true today, but years ago experts said you shouldn't use a pillow.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2020 2:26 PM

OP is The Pillow Guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2020 2:29 PM

R30 that’s utter nonsense. A pillow allows your spine to curve naturally.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2020 4:34 PM

Where did you get your degree R32?

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2020 4:41 PM

I highly recommend all natural talalay latex pillows. They provide the perfect amount of support for my head/neck, hold their shape and last for years. They are a bit on the pricey side but definitely worth the cost.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2020 4:46 PM

What about the Angel Pillow? It’s like sleeping on an Angel.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2020 7:50 AM

What about the Angel Pillow? It’s like sleeping on an Angel.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 7:50 AM

R25's pillows are on Amazon's black Friday Sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2020 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!